[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 751
Thread images: 198

File: 1463377671569s.jpg (8KB, 244x183px) Image search: [Google]
1463377671569s.jpg
8KB, 244x183px
Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: https://junethack.net/
/rlg/ clan: Just kidding, there isn't one.

Poschengband 4.0.2 released: http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111187&postcount=195

DCSS Trunk Updates: http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-25-may-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
http://roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread: >>144769169
>>
File: wan.png (449KB, 933x856px) Image search: [Google]
wan.png
449KB, 933x856px
Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!
>>
Whats the most diesel DCSS character

Some sort of Chei bullshit right
>>
>>144899651
Gargoyle gladiator of chei.

Literally unkillable.
>>
File: thisisfine.png (3KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
thisisfine.png
3KB, 308x308px
Let's all embrace the suffering together.
>>
>>144899651
If you play a Fo of Chei you can use a two hander, a shield AND the heaviest armor you can find without trouble. And since you can't walk away or teleport your only option left is to tab
>>
File: memelee.png (46KB, 800x281px) Image search: [Google]
memelee.png
46KB, 800x281px
>300 melee damage at level 27 with a 1d2 weapon
I think I understand why tonberries are a meme race now.
>>
>>144899651
DDEE of Chei
get shatter up and running mid lair
>>
>>144899651
HOFi of Chei for sure. Those equipment slots, that HP, those stats, those aptitudes.
>>
>>144900043
aren't they slow or something to compensate for the retarded amount of damage that they do
>>
>>144900043
Who needs blows when you have slaying?

>>144900749
They do lose overall speed (1 every 10 levels) and also lose I believe 2 blows by the time they hit level 50.
>>
They'll remove all weapon categories except for m&f and short blades. They're remove all weapons in a weapon category except for the highest damage 1 hander and the highest damage 2 hander, since upgrading from mace to flail to morningstar et cetera is a no-brainer and tedium. The only choice will be whether to play with a shield or not. All that will remain of short blades is the dagger.

They'll get rid of all staves except for the staff of destruction which applies a spellpower boost to all spells and the staff of energy, since swapping between staves for your different spells is tedium and a no-brainer.

They'll eliminate all spells except for fireball and magic dart.

They'll eliminate all monsters except for rats, orcs, orc warriors, yaks, a new flavorless demonic monster, and Orb Guardians.

The only gods left will be Trog, Vehumet, and Dithmenos; for melee, magic, and stealth.

They'll restructure the entire dungeon so that the 1st floor is D:1, the 2nd floor is a 1 floor lair branch with a rune, then 3rd foor is a 1 floor vault branch with a rune, the 4th floor is 1 floor of hell/pan/abyss branch with a rune, and the 5th floor is Zot:$ with the orb of Zot.

Average game times will be 20 minutes, winnable during lunchbreak, and average winrates will stay in single digits because the the average player will be playing the app version and will be distracted by texts from his girlfriend.
>>
>Resist: Slash Impact Body Light Dark
>Weak : Pierce

Jaysus, Chthonic Artemis IS amazing

Maybe I'll actually win Demon for once
>>
>>144900975
this desu senpai
>>
I was this guy >>144887864

I forgot to ask, is Crawl the same as DC:SS? I was never clear on that. If not then which game was I even asking about?
>>
D:1
>Gnollpack
>Sigmund
>Jessica
>all at once
lol fuck me
>>
>>144901000
Damn girl
>Weak : Pierce
lmao
>>
>>144900827
I thought staffmasters get extra blows, but I'm not sure if that is actually the case since it isn't mentioned in my powers. They do retaliate, though which is almost as good on a tonberry.
>>
>>144901431
DCSS is dungeon crawl stone soup
>>
>>144901610
I know, but I was never sure if Crawl was the short form of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. I think I learned DC:SS was based off Crawl or something but I can never remember that sort of thing.

Which game was I asking about? That game looked fun.
>>
>>144901431
the game started out as Linley's Dungeon Crawl, but then 10 years ago or so Linley Henzel got other people in on the development of the game and called the game Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Stone Soup is that one thing about 1 guy has just carrots and the next guy has must potatoes and the next guy has just celery, but together they are able to make a big delicious soup that everyone gets to enjoy.
>>
>>144901814
when people talk about crawl in these threads they're talking about DCSS unless they explicitly state they're playing the ten year old version
>>
>>144901814
Yes, you were asking about DC:SS, called "crawl" for short. If you plan to play on a webtiles server, post name and server so I can have a good laugh at your expenses.
>>
Do any other *bands have the goofiness of PCB uniques and character choices while being less of a monstrous slog?
>>
>>144902115
>>144902490
Okay thank you. What's a webtiles server?
>>
>>144902632
http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/howto

Grab a server.

Register in 5 seconds on that server.

Press play crawl on any version, 0.1.8 is the last stable version, "trunk" is the most up to date version.
>>
>>144901000
Which modifier is chthonic?
>>
>>144903134
It comes from Python.

I only tried it out because of that comic anon posted a few threads ago tbqh, but I'm pretty satisfied.
>>
What should I waste my scroll of acquirement on?
>>
>>144903683
Wand
>>
Cool kids say wands but fuck that boring shit

Go for weapon unless you have something really good already, go for armor if you want a shield despite having 0 shield skill and a 2-hander, jewellry if you want something you'll find in 3 floors anyway, misc if you want to be moderately disappointed, and food if you beware the hunger cost
>>
>>144899467
Yes. It's going to be fun. I wouldn't pass on an opportunity to use a cool unrand when given the chance.
>>
>>144903405
Why is there a unique called python?
>>
>>144899557

I'm a vampire assassin. I worship Makhleb.

Should I train in something other than melee skills/evocations/darts(throwing)? I was thinking about hexes, but don't know if that will take too much away from my melee skill.
>>
>>144904428
I just looked this up because of your post:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(mythology)
It all makes sense now
>>
>>144904575
Hexes is a bad idea in my opinion.
You can get low level spells like repel missiles, blink, spectral weapon.
You can also learn haste if you don't have many haste potions and no wand. Training haste is only for like late-midgame or later, and you have to carefully consider if it's worth it for your character.
>>
>>144905216

Why do vampires have +4 hexes skill aptitude to start with then?
>>
>>144900749
level 50 tonberry has -5 to speed, -2 to blows, and their confusion resistance is reduced (halved, maybe?)
>>
>>144902548
chengband is like poschengband but without the posband bits
>>
>>144906003
what does that mean
>>
>>144905593
Hexes are not good if you're not stabbing. Even with +4 I don't think it's worth it with a non-stabber. This has been a flaw of the hexes school for a long time, since the Enchantment school got split into charms and hexes.

The devs are trying to address the problem of hexes not being useful enough for non-stabbers by making hexes a secondary school for new spells. This is not working well but at least they're trying.

By the way I recommended spectral weapon and it is part hexes.

Vampire enchanter (a vampire training hexes and stabbing) is a strong and fun combo.
>>
>>144905697
The only really bad one is the confusion vulnerability, since you can't realistically get it much above 20% with the way it scales.
>>
File: chaos-minotaur-gaming.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chaos-minotaur-gaming.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>start as a demonspawn fighter
>find potion of mutation on D:5
>3 tier horns
>randart axe of drain, rage, blink, str+9
I FEEL THE MiBe OVERTAKING ME
IT IS A GOOD PAIN
>>
>>144906524
Why don't they just merge both schools back together and lower apts to make up for it?
>>
>>144907526
>>find potion of mutation on D:5
>>3 tier horns
>>randart axe of drain, rage, blink, str+9
>I FEEL THE MiBe OVERTAKING ME
>IT IS A GOOD PAIN
jej
>>
>>144907890
That would be terrible. Both schools are so bogged down in useless bullshit, can you imagine a single school with everything in it?

I mean, of the 40 or so spells they have between them, name 10 that you really want to cast. Nightmare mode: you're only allowed to name spells that weren't removed yet.
>>
>>144908451
Like single school spells or what?
Fear
Confuse
Fulminant Prism
Darkness
Haste
Repel/Deflect Missiles
Song of Slaying
Spectral Weapon
Pain/Warp Brands
Metabolic Ejaculation
Ensorcelled Hibernation
Inner Flame
Portal Projectile (or is this Translocations only?)
Shroud of Golubria
Discord
Dazzling Spray
probably some others I'm forgetting
>>
I'm a FoAK and have 10 in M&F. I found a demon whip of Pain in Lair:7 and i was thinking of branding it with distro. Should i ?
>>
>>144909041
formicid? why not use a greatmace?
>>
>>144909034
The vast majority of those are things you can easily do without. You wouldn't go out of your way to get them.

The good ones are, let's see. Haste, Deflect Missiles, Discord, Invisibility...

That's all I have.
>>
>>144908451
They certainly need to stop giving a secondary hexes school to spells completely unrelated to hexes.

Not hexes: guardian golem, spectral weapon, fulminant prism!!.

Questionable: gell's gravitas, mana viper.

Making these spells hexes does not make people want to inherently train hexes. They just train hexes as an additional cost for the ONE spell out of the above that they're using.
>>
>>144909202
So? The vast majority of conjurations are things you can easily do without too. For basically the entire game you can make do with 3-4 conjurations in your spell list.
>>
>>144909608
Yeah, but that's because most conjurations are good, you're spoiled for choices. Meanwhile it's the opposite with charms and especially hexes, most of them are terrible.
>>
>>144909338
>Making these spells hexes does not make people want to inherently train hexes. They just train hexes as an additional cost for the ONE spell out of the above that they're using.
What is this even supposed to mean? The only reason you train any spell school in the first place is so you can use the spell(s) that require it.
>>
>>144909749
I guess that's true. There's a lot of possible combinations of conjurations you can use, while you'll only ever want the same few charms or hexes spells. So how should charms/hexes be fixed? Merging the schools? Cutting out multi-school spells that sneak in hexes/charms? Adding more effects and a greater variety of spells?
>>
>>144909143
So you say that i should save the branding for a greatmace?
>>
>>144910234
You're a formicid

There's no reason why you wouldn't use a two handed weapon. You don't get any penalties for doing so
>>
>>144899557

>wearing a regenerative troll-skin armor and using vampiric short sword

It feels good man.
>>
>>144909824
It means they're not training hexes to use hex spellS. It means they are, for example, a summoner, and they want mana viper so they train hexes to lvl 3 to make it easier to cast.

Or they are a conjurer and train hexes to make fulminant prism better.

With the spells listed in the previous post, hexes is just "that useless school that they have to put some xp in to make this conjuration/summoning/spectral weapon spell better".

There's still no character who wants to mainly train hexes for the sake of using many hex spells. Except for stabbers. And those who want to play a unique type of character and can handle a harder game.

This is why making random spells that aren't hexes hexes is a bad idea. That is, aside from these spells not being hexes and being forced into the hex category.
>>
>>144910172
>Adding more effects and a greater variety of spells?
This would be the best solution, but the problem is that the game would need more status effects for it to really shine. Still, there's always making variants of existing spells, like bringing back mass confusion and flight and such. I miss those. Pity the trend right now is REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE instead of adding to the game.
>>
As an extensive axe user is it a good idea to carry around the undeadhunter great mace when going to pan/ziggs? I've found it in dis and since i already cleared crypt/tomb i'm wondering if it has any use left
>>
>>144910813
Another problem is that conjurations which work on everything are very easy to get your hands on, status effects are far more limited. I mean when I first started playing I thought silence is completely awesome. But it's not, it's worthless because almost everything you'd want to silence is immune to it.
>>
>>144909041
Distortion is a strong brand but it's extremely unfun to play with if you're trying to kill enemies (you probably are).

And it's bad vs ranged enemies because it blinks them away from you.
>>
>>144910813
Agreed. There's a ton of good and interesting magical effects from decks and even enemies (including those special demonspawn that Sap your magic) but those will probably never be usable by the PC because they're considered too powerful
>>
>>144910976
Hexes are supposed to be situationally powerful since they often completely disable the target from doing anything.
Silence completely fucks dedicated casters, liches, and mummies.
Tukima's fucks over big scary weapon dudes.
Confuse fucks over sentient others.
This is fucked up by high MR and magic immune enemies though. As well as enemies immune to every form of hex.
>>
>>144910813
Wow, why was mass confusion removed? It was one of the strongest hex spells for a non-stabber. That's really stupid. Whoever did this really did a not good thing.
>>
>>144911460
So a given hex might have 10% viability, while a given conjuration has from 60% to 100%

That doesn't seem like a problem? With one spell you can disable a guy, and with another you can kill him on the spot. Why is the second one valued less?
>>
>>144911028
What's the difference between banishing with distortion or killing with other brands besides less exp?
>>
>>144911617
I agree. There are many problems with hexes and the biggest one is "Why does the game think that temporarily disabling an enemy is better than killing it immediately?"
>>
>>144911795
Nothing, aside from meeting banished uniques in the Abyss.

The problem is distortion teleports things away and then you have to chase them all over the level. Or it teleports something dangerous right before you kill it and you have to fight it again. It could sneak up on you from behind unexpectedly while you're fighting something else.
>>
>>144912020
Well, spending three mp to confuse a fire giant is less than spending 18 or whatever to kill it with bolts of cold.

I mean, if it was actually effective at doing so.
>>
>>144911617
because usually your conjurations aren't oneshotting things
or else the things that you CAN oneshot are the ones that aren't really threatening

yeah once you get super high-level conjurations you can start blowing things up real good but that's way more xp than with hexes
>>
Yo hexers are strong as fuck. My loremaster SpEn was disabling dragons, giants and other strong dudes at 30-50% with confuse, which might as well have been deathray once it succeeded. Conjurations are really strong, but you're never going to invalidate a good portion of the midgame with your level 3 spell.
>>
>>144912123
What about having a distro weapon for swapping?
>>
>>144912409

You know that hexes suffer from the same problem, right? The things that hexes are likely to affect on the first shot are the same things that will get one shot by conjurations. Sure, a strong enemy isn't going to be killed by a single nuke, but he isn't going to be disabled by a single hex either. On the contrary, you're probably better off throwing conjurations at him, because at least they're doing something.
>>
>>144912616
Can be useful.
>>
>>144912616
lugonu prevents disto unwield
and greatmaces are common as fuck, anon will guaranteed have a huge pile of them by the end of Vaults:1 so he can disto the enchantedest one and keep #2 as a swap for yaktaurs and shit
>>
>M&F on an ant
Everything about this disgusts me.
>>
>>144912865
>He doesn't like drowning in great maces by the end of D
>>
>>144912865
Lmao. Found a manual too.
>>
>>144912865
>picking anything other than M&F
>>
>>144912865
>going longswords or axes and never finding exec/triple
>>
>>144913915
yeah seriously those weapon categories are only for tablards of oka/trog
>>
>>144913915
Then you lose 1 base damage for 2 skill, or 2 base damage and gain cleaving.
You also lose all your hopes and dreams of having fun.
>>
Is there a limit on how many mutations you can have? Because I've quaffed two potions of beneficial mutation in a row and both did nothing.

>You feel fantastic for a moment.
>>
I picked up the Terror Mask in PCB, which has insane stats. However, the last time I dealt with an ancient and foul curse was in ZAngband when it still had a static wilderness. How badly will it fuck me here? Playing a Balrog Swordmaster in case that's relevant.
>>
>>144914538
yes there is a limit
>>
>>144914538
There's a soft cap, yes.
>>
>>144914538
It cuts you off xom's juice after you have enough muts.
>>
>>144914662
can you survive being in melee range of 1 + 1d3 cyberdemons?
(you better have good as fuck shards resist and some 0% or very low% fail escapes)
it also does some other shit but that's the nastiest probably
>>
>>144914680
>>144914696
>>144914751
Well that sucks. At least I got the important mutations, Robust 3, wild magic 3, clarity, and blink
>>
>>144914978
Yes, at least you have those.
>>
File: ghiblifood.jpg (141KB, 750x398px) Image search: [Google]
ghiblifood.jpg
141KB, 750x398px
>>144914978
You have every mut worth having. What more could you want, anon?
>>
>>144914863
Yeah, that would end rather poorly. Perhaps I'll stash it in my house for the time being.

Thanks.
>>
Wasn't there an octopode some time ago that multi-zigged with gozag to get enough potion shops with !benMut? I remember his A screen looking fucking incredible
>>
>>144915321
I want all the muts, all of them. I want to become the perfect being.
>>
File: mutations.jpg (76KB, 721x322px) Image search: [Google]
mutations.jpg
76KB, 721x322px
>>144915650
I took this days ago. Not like anything can ever change again.
>>
>>144915650
>you have the stone of chaos
>>
>>144915738
>tfw clarity and spamming crystal ball
tornado shatter ball shatter shatter ball shatter shatter ball REPEAT FOREVER
>>
>>144915738
How many tiles is the radius of your LOS with that nightstalker mutation? I've dreamed of getting it but never have. But then again I've only played a handful of demonspawn.
>>
>>144916012
>>
>>144916081
then robe of night and the spell 'darkness' reduce it by a further 1 tile each? Then a lantern of shadows 1 more?

fuuuuck I'm imagining that happening while wroshipping ashenzari
>>
Are enchanters of chei any good?
>>
>>144916293
Apparently they only "partially" stack.
>>
>>144915650
>Sex: Useless
>>
>>144916440
Anything of cheI is good
>>
File: wizardsticks.png (95KB, 727x535px) Image search: [Google]
wizardsticks.png
95KB, 727x535px
Dual staves does work for keeping the bonuses, though I'm not sure if I can advance dual wielding skill enough to be worth it.

I like the image of someone using two magical wizard gadgets as clubs, though.
>>
>>144916293
How is ash relevant?
>>
>>144916883
he gives you that sight, so you can stumble around with a 1-tile LOS and walk around monsters straight to the staircase. Would be pretty nice. You could even pop scry. Just imagine it.
>>
>>144916883
Monster tracking and passive mapping
>>
>>144900975
[citation needed]

>>144901439
>uniques on D:1
[citation needed]

>>144903683
Wand if you don't have hasting or heal wounds yet. If you have those then weapon/armor/jewellery, whatever you lack the most. Jewellery acquirement has been buffed recently in trunk and is now semi-decent.

>>144906524
>Hexes are not good if you're not stabbing. Even with +4 I don't think it's worth it with a non-stabber.
With +4 in Hexes you have two runes handed to you for free, especially if you find Invisibility too. With +4 in Hexes you can successfully confuse 60% of opponents in late game and some of the remaining ones don't see invisible.

>>144909202
You can also do without any of the ones you mentioned (Discord of all things? really?), just play a tabber or a conjurer.
Confuse and Tukima's are great throughout the whole game. Silence + Darkness is a free Tomb rune, but people barely bother.

>>144909338
You have no idea how great Prism is for Felids exactly because of it being half in Hexes.

>>There's still no character who wants to mainly train hexes for the sake of using many hex spells. Except for stabbers.
If you aren't using hexes on all of your vampires, spriggans, felids and non-conjurer deep elves, you're actively gimping yourself.
>>
>>144916856
In the endgame you will probably just want to use a big staff with extra attacks, since you may notice that dual-wielding splits up your big racial slaying bonus.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
I forgot to save that really good pic of Xom someone posted in the last thread. made him look like a white gremlin with puppets, anyone have it?
>>
>>144921361
Geez it's not like as if there was a way to look at it
>>
>>144917804
>With +4 in Hexes you have two runes handed to you for free, especially if you find Invisibility too.
I thought you were talking about invisibility until you said "if you find invisibility too". No, confuse?? doesn't result in 2 free runes. If you said that about invis specifically I wouldn't disagree. Though simply training melee works too and then doesn't become useless against dangerous monsters. Snake is not a free rune with hexes either.

>With +4 in Hexes you can successfully confuse 60% of opponents in late game
And for the other 40% you spent 15 levels or more in a useless skill. A game of crawl is as hard as the hardest fights in that game. The strongest monsters in the late game resist hexes and see invis.

>If you aren't using hexes on all of your vampires, spriggans, felids and non-conjurer deep elves, you're actively gimping yourself.
I'll just use a ring of invis if I get one and spend xp on melee skills so that I can reliably fight things instead of fucking around with shadow creatures or 20% success confuse tier 3 stabbing.

I've played two spriggans, a vampire and a felid with hexes. It sucks because of the enemies that resist hexes. It's not worth it. The felid is an exception, I'm happy with how hexes worked. I used confusing touch during the whole game and invis and mass confusion to great effect. However I wonder if it would've been just as easy if I put that xp into more unarmed combat. Also that was before the addition of many dangerous monsters that would've destroyed that character. Also it would not have been worth it if I was using a weapon and couldn't use confusing touch, so it's only a felid thing.

I can see fulminant prism being good for felids.
>>
File: febe.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
febe.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
Where to next, lads? Dont have the resistances for snake yet
>>
>>144921361
>go to top of thread
>click the previous thread link on the OP
>ctrl+F xom until you find it
>kill yourself
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 642x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 642x348px
Okay, I seem to be total shit at playing monsters so I'll just go back to doing human stuff. This time it's warrior.
>>
>>144921494
>And for the other 40% you spent 15 levels or more in a useless skill.
You could get discord with that investment. Or mana vipers, which is up there with invis for me as one of the strongest hexes.

The real issue with a lot of things in crawl is you aren't guaranteed to find any particular spell while you are guaranteed to find a weapon that with kill things and tab tab tab away.

>I'll just use a ring of invis if I get one
Yeah... about that.
>>
>>144921628
Kill the uniques you have left behind, maybe do the first floor of depths and vaults very carefully and see how you fare, get a better amulet
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 640x473px
>>144921694
>>144921432
ah fuck, I only checked the catalog like a retard. brb killing self
>>
>>144922567
I'm trying family. Aight I'll see how it goes
>>
>>144921628
For a moment I thought you were a formicid and was completely clueless of why you would build a FoBe like that
>>
File: dragon.png (15KB, 771x336px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.png
15KB, 771x336px
Crawlbabby here

I have a green DrTm running, and have some solid items from brokawaru, including the warlock's mirror

Should i immediately gun for getting statue form online?
>>
>>144923238
Yeah go for it
>>
>>144923238
I'd get more fighting and dodging, but it depends on what your defenses look like.
>>
>>144845779
>Change the gender of a few uniques.

Literally why
>>
>>144924223
Not to start this shit again, but why couldn't they go the nethack way and have everything's gender randomized?
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 641x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 641x346px
Damn that was a treacherous journey. I wasted 4 teleport scrolls just to escape orc war parties that I can't fight yet. I'm here in Telmora for the hill giant that drops easy potions of speed so I can go kill Azog.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 636x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 636x348px
A little bit of orc cave to buff myself up for a little arena.
>>
File: jellies.png (113KB, 805x918px) Image search: [Google]
jellies.png
113KB, 805x918px
whoa
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 641x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 641x351px
There was this heavily enchanted broad spear of *slay* orc in the black market. Not sure if I should spend 10k on it just for Azog.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 646x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 646x349px
>>144925826
It was gone by the time I came back so that doesn't even matter.
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 638x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 638x347px
Feels good being /money/
>>
File: Capture.png (5KB, 641x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5KB, 641x347px
It's time to duel.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 643x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 643x349px
>>144928505
>>
>chaos breath destroys my staff of identify in the cloning pits
>having to spend healings to kill garm without dark resist
>who knows what goodies I left behind
At least the reward filled a lot my resist holes, so it was worth it overall.
>>
>>144924375
That's what they said they were doing, but they actually just changed male uniques into female uniques XD.
Also, if you disagree with the changes, then you are a crybaby and need to grow up because you obviously hate women, you fucking cis-white-male.
>>
>>144921710
>human warrior
Feels 100% man.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 641x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 641x350px
Found this cool katana in the shop.
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 639x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 639x345px
Orc for the cloak and then Azog
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 639x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 639x349px
>>144931280
This corner is really useful.
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 633x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 633x346px
>>144931618
Padded armor of resist cold and acid along with this cloak for the rewards. Not bad.
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 643x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 643x348px
Azog time.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 641x338px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 641x338px
>>144932534
wewlad
>>
File: rCorr_doesn't_do_shit.png (26KB, 816x57px) Image search: [Google]
rCorr_doesn't_do_shit.png
26KB, 816x57px
le ebin corrosion meme
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 639x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 639x350px
A bunch of glaaki spawned for some reason so I had to tele out and heal up. Took longer than it needed to but the job is done.
>>
File: #2.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
#2.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
Alright boys, rune #2
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 645x344px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 645x344px
UP NEXT: The Labyrinth tomorrow:^)have a good rest of your morning/afternoonnight guys
>>
File: d2597.jpg (66KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
d2597.jpg
66KB, 500x356px
>>144933121
>weavers in linesprint
>can't get to them fast enough so they corrode the fuck out of your equipment
>>
File: hqwqx.png (18KB, 805x454px) Image search: [Google]
hqwqx.png
18KB, 805x454px
Playing a Black DrTm^Ru.
Wondering if I should pick up some spells or what.

Earth Magic is Sacced, so no Statue Form, unfortunately.

Was considering getting some Air and grabbing Ozo's into FCloud, since I have a ring of Ice and a staff of air (which gives 2 enhancers to FCloud, I think?), and of course Ozo's is very nice on an armorless character. Never played with Alistair's before either.

Could also definitely go for some Evoc, since it's always good and I have a \Clouds and [Invisibility- no BoB/sack though since sacced love.

Dump is: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/nikheizen/nikheizen.txt
>>
>>144934782
>no statue form

abandon all hope
>>
>>144933747
Follow this guide: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/docs/ssh_guide.txt
The RSA key for berotato can be found here: http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/keys/cbro_key.ppk
You will want to ssh to
[email protected]
Putty probably has a "user" field where "crawler" goes though.
>>
File: almost_king.png (386KB, 1256x924px) Image search: [Google]
almost_king.png
386KB, 1256x924px
the octopus who would almost be king
>>
>>144936649
I would give anything for Yuif to get a lucky hit and banish you
>>
>>144934782
Only need blade hands. Optionally haste or dragon form.
>>
>>144937331
he tried, he certainly tried.
>>
>>144936649
>Crazy Yiuf misses you.
;_;
>>
>>144938262
you know what else yiuf misses? hammers.
>>
File: shittydevsstrikeagain.png (66KB, 540x315px) Image search: [Google]
shittydevsstrikeagain.png
66KB, 540x315px
>>144938942
NEVER FORGET
>>
>>144938942
>>144939434
The game is objectively better since hammers were removed, you uneducated fools just can't understand how problematic they really were.
>>
File: d2377.jpg (18KB, 510x476px) Image search: [Google]
d2377.jpg
18KB, 510x476px
>>144939632
hello rebbit
>>
>>144939632
how can it be objectively better if they removed a object altering tool?
>>
>>144939632
tell me, where did the hammers touch you
>>
How come every time I go into an ice cave there's a ghost of a berserker?
>>
>>144940824
Because a Be's natural response to external stimuli is to mash berserk.
Even if not engaging may be the better idea.
>>
>>144940952
That makes sense. I have literally not had an ice cave without a 20+AC berserker ghost in there. And I am using literally literally. So much loot I've had to forgo because of these tablords
>>
>>144941195
For a Lair Ice Cave, an Ice Giant at the end is usually easily the most dangerous monster you've faced and will face for a good while.
They're Depths/Vaults level enemies and many people don't exercise the degree of caution that demands. Be's tend to have a larger proportion of new players I'd wager.
>>
>>144941484
Oh yeah and the occasional double-ice-dragon end. If an ice giant won't kill you those probably will.
>>
>>144941484
They should just call it a graveyard then
Can't believe how often I find ghosts in it
>>
>>144916293
>implying lantern of shadows hasn't gone the way of the mountain dwarf
>>
>>144916293
Is it possible to get down to 1 tile LOS? I had a DS before who was at 4, and I also found the robe of the night in that run but I wasn't using it. I wasn't worshipping Ash either.
>>
>>144906981
My first level 50 Tonberry died to a Keeper of Secrets, Lord of Change and Warp Demon Gangbang due to getting perma-confused.
That was a long while ago though when I was even more of a baddie than now.
At least my second level 50 Tonberry fell heroically fighting the Serpent.
But yeah, Tonberry monks are too fun.
>>
File: SCREEE.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SCREEE.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
Even in crawl I can't get away from them
>>
>>144899557
>want to try a new roguelike
>download and attempt infra arcana 10 times with different builds but never make it past the third level
>get bored and move on to nethack 4
>press ? to figure shit out and i'm greeted with a massive wall of keyboard shortcut combinations that use key functions i've never heard of in my life

is nethack really worth reading through all these fucking commands and figuring out how the hell to perform "meta-g" to grope things?
>>
File: fuck me.png (242KB, 1277x678px) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.png
242KB, 1277x678px
Going for a 15 runer, somehow didn't discover disintegration. Look at this fucking sarcophagus.

No LRD either. I have to run pan for a million years until I can cast Shatter. Joy. I already have the other runes.
>>
>>144943153
Meta is either control or alt. Didn't even know that grope was a command.
>>
>>144943675
I don't think that's normal. Might be a bug or unintentional.
>>
>>144943153
nethack controls are more or less mnemonic.
[k]ick [z]ap [q]uaff [Q]uiver etc.
only really strange one is [A]
>>
>>144943869
Maybe. The odds of not discovering disintegration are quite low, so I really should have found a solution. I guess it's one of those perfect storm moments.
>>
>>144943039
I can hear the battle music even now.
>>
>>144942502
robe of night and darkness spell would each be an additional -1

if lantern of shadows existed you could wield one of those two
>>
File: lol.png (231KB, 1276x669px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
231KB, 1276x669px
>>144943996
Or wait I could just blink in lol

Guess I was overthinking it
>>
File: 1463189268500.jpg (13KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1463189268500.jpg
13KB, 384x288px
>you fall through a shaft for 3 floors!
>search for stairs up
>you fall through a shaft!
>keep searching for stairs up
>you fall through a shaft for 2 floors!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
I HAVE GONE FROM LAIR 2 TO LAIR 8
>>
>>144944314
My favourite was
>You hear a distant snort!
>You fall through a shaft!
>You fall through a shaft for 3 floors!
>>
File: xbow.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xbow.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
d-do I switch to crossbows?
>>
>>144944906
>Fo^Chei with sniper
Holy moly!
>>
>>144945328
I had the little fortress surrounded by a moat full of crossbowers in orc 2 as well, so Ive got 600 bolts prevaults
>>
>>144944906
Learn how to use them after your melee and defenses are rock solid. You can use that to absolutely fuck dudes in pan and stuff, especially those dangerous mutators and tormenters.
>>
File: 1290714888987.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1290714888987.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
How bad is the Inacc from the Amulet of Air?
>>
>>144946120
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20230
>>
How come nikola always seems to spawn on snake 1? Are they trying to make snake an electric branch now?
>>
>>144946120
5. It's 5 bad.
>>144946480
Confirmation bias. No.
>elec branch
Jesus Chris Campbell remove this idea from your mind.
>>
>>144946823
My last 2 games have had nikola on snake 1. Agnes also had an elec lajatang on snake 1. I've also killed over a dozen shock serpents. Theres almost more electric than poison in this branch
>>
>>144946998
in my most recent game I got Nikola, Agnes, Asterion and Donald on snake 1. Uniques just love it
>>
>>144947289
Man, I hate snake.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-00-39-33.png (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-00-39-33.png
113KB, 1280x720px
The worst thing about this is that it's actually kind of playable.
>>
File: lancelot.png (101KB, 1586x892px) Image search: [Google]
lancelot.png
101KB, 1586x892px
He didnt summon I am so happy
>>
Is there a reason why naga poison spit bypasses rPois 100% of the time?
>>
File: Donald.png (815B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
Donald.png
815B, 32x32px
This guy slaps you on the ass and says he's going to make crawl great again. What do you do?
>>
>>144949579
I accuse him of bloat and remove him
>>
File: mpa-PCB jelly2.png (480KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
mpa-PCB jelly2.png
480KB, 1920x1041px
I thought I was recommended a meme yesterday to play as a Jelly but Jellies are pretty fucking great.
Intrinsic immunities to Acid, Fear and Blindness at 25 and the innate attack is quite good until I find a decent weapon.
Going to the last evolution their only bad aspect seems to be that they can't dual-wield.
>>
>>144949579
Ascend with him.
>>
>>144950039
which god allowed you to get a permanent companion again?
>>
>>144949974
Also saw this in the code
>/* TODO: Consider giving timed benefits based on what is absorbed.
For example, TR_RES_FIRE might give temp fire resistance and
TR_SPEED might give temporary haste.
*/
I hope Chris some day gets to implementing it.
>>
>>144950131
HEP
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-00-57-03.png (125KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-00-57-03.png
125KB, 720x1280px
Down one font size and in portrait, I can TAB!
>>
>>144936649
Trident of the octopus king has a +8 enchantment. That means that octopus has 7 rings of the octopus king on
>>
>>144950418
>I can see!
>I CAN FIGHT!
>>
>>144950508
>I can walk!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-01-23-06.png (118KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-01-23-06.png
118KB, 720x1280px
That's enough of that. I am not Formicid enough for this to not hurt my eyes.
Maybe one day I will own a smart phone with a xbox hueg screen to play roguelikes on. Truly the most expensive console for the most expensive and recent games.
>>
So what's the verdict on The Stormbringer? Is it worth using?
>>
>>144951037
Yeah it's a great, practically guaranteed midgame vamping weapon with good dice and enchantment. It's biggest weakness for most characters is actually that it lacks good slays. Most fighters can get great use out of it at Arena 50.
>>
>>144949974
Jellies are really awesome. Simple, but fun and the flavour is great. Can you believe they used to have even more slots?
>>
>>144949471
even things that bypass rpois only apply 1/3rd the amount of poison IIRC

also one of the magicky naga classes can stick you with an rPois- status if you have bad MR
>>
>>144951939
>Can you believe they used to have even more slots?

Damn.
My end-game goal is to wear 2 Power-Dragon Scale Mails.
>>
>>144944079
I tested this in wizmode back when lantern was still in, it wouldn't go any lower than 2.
>>
Whew, almost had to end it because we were down so long.
>>
Anyone know how the junethack 'escapologist' trophy is unlocked? My guess is escaping the dungeon (duh), but that seems too easy.
>>
>>144949974
Yeah, you may have asked for a meme but I didn't really give you one. Jellies are fun and end up pretty powerful as well. I had a promising one that's now stuck in 3.6 because the saves aren't compatible. Shame really.
>>
Is there a way to know if a ghost I left behind ruined the day to someone?
>>
>the elona thread died on /jp/
what a shit hole
>>
Oh hey we're back. I just took a tally of all the ammo from those basements and I have like 500 handgun rounds and 180~ shotgun rounds. 40 being birdshot and therefore kind of shit. Looks like I'm going to be taking a good portion of that city by force.
>>
>>144954096
Theres one on /v/ right now >>/v/340504146
I already shitposted in it.
>>
>>144954226
thanks for warming it up
>>
File: 1392041795034.png (367KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1392041795034.png
367KB, 800x800px
>>144954249
I messed up the link >>>/v/340504146
>>
>>144954098
Hot damn. I wish I could find a good amount of ammo like that.
>>
>>144954930
Its a nice change from stabbing everything to death with a wooden spear.
>>
>>144955097
Ha, I would imagine so.
>>
File: 1459679257088.jpg (82KB, 902x713px) Image search: [Google]
1459679257088.jpg
82KB, 902x713px
>>
>>144958583
What realms you got
>>
File: 1459263884727.gif (173KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
1459263884727.gif
173KB, 600x630px
>>144958785
My first realm lets me vary my penis-size from 3cm (soft) to 7cm (hard).
The second realm gets me meds so I don't kill myself.
>>
>>144958927
>7cm
Cute
>>
>>144958927
I bet you have to use devices a lot.
>>
>>144959229
>>144959303
I could go deeper with my goddamn pinky-finger.
>>
>>144958927
Those both sound like Craft.
>>
>>144959398
Craft and Life.
>>
>making a demigod of zeus shieldmaster
>stuck on a name
>look up Perseus
>he was a son of zeus
Fits like a fukken glove.
>>
IMB or Force Lance?
And are either even worth using when you've got battlesphere online and can spam magic dart for cheap battlesphere shots?
>>
>>144960314
Too bad the Shield of Perseus is a low-level shitty artifact.
>>
>>144960434
Yeah, but I'm not so bound to roleplaying that I'd restrict myself to only using it or something. Just solved my naming dilemma.
>>
>>144960367
Force lance is crazy good to push away dudes getting too close for your liking, does decent damage and is fairly easy to cast. I find it usually more usefull than IMB in most cases. When you get battleshpere online force lance will still be usefull to blast away enemies that managed to sneak up to you or beefy guys that managed to survive and walk past your barragge of purple shots.
>>
File: The middle of nowhere.png (32KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
The middle of nowhere.png
32KB, 1366x768px
So I spawned in an evac shelter seemingly in the middle of fucking nowhere. NPC that spawned with me wants me to go after a jabberwock, but I met a terrible and early end the last time someone wanted me to kill one so I got the hell out of there. So I checked out the nearby cluster of houses, and as luck would have it there's an RV in working condition but no battery or fuel. Cleared out the area of zombies, found a gun basement so now I have a few guns, and a little bit of food from the other basement which had a bar.

Day 2 and now I'm stuck in my RV because there's a giant wasp hovering nearby that won't fuck off, and I have no idea if I can take him on safely with my minimal equipment since I have no armor, no gun skills, and no first aid/bandages/meds. I guess I'm just gonna have to use this Remington 870 and blast it with the reloaded 00 shot that was in the basement and hope for the best, because I need the wasp gone so I can siphon fuel from the other vehicles so I can get the fuck out of here.

Once I get the RV fueled up which way should I head? I'm wary of the FEMA camp so I'll hold off on checking it out until I'm better equipped. I'm considering checking that other evac shelter but they always seem to be pretty light on loot.
>>
>>144962512
Check out that other shelter then hit the road
>>
>>144962512
Giant wasps have pain-causing poison which can be quite nasty if the fight drags on, but they aren't very tough otherwise. You should be able to take it if you have a half-decent weapon. If you have a gun, you can definitely take it, but the noise might make other stuff show up.

FEMA camps have zombie soldiers, which don't hit all that hard, but have tough armor. There's also a chance of zombie scientists, which can spawn manhacks. The shelter might have some loot in the basement, and you might as well check it out since it's basically guaranteed not to have enemies.
>>
>>144964201
Yep, the wasp went down with a single shotgun shell. Had to drag around a motorcycle in order to siphon gasoline from the unusable vehicles since I don't have any containers to work with yet. Will head to the other shelter once I do a quick double-check for anything else I missed that I want to grab.
>>
What roguelike has

1. a faction system where the factions will actively launch raids against each other and take land and stuff like in dorf fortress.

2. Uses something that isn't ascii for graphics (tiles, sprites, ect)

and yes I read the sticky. I just can't find anything talking about faction systems.
>>
>>144964589
Sid Meier's Civilization.
>>
>>144964683
I have that already but thanks for the advice. Uh, is there anything where I can just be a single character though? And I also have Mount and Blade, before someone recommends that. Its just that my favorite type of game is the kind that drops you into a living world that will grow and decline completely on its own, even if the player does nothing. I'm always on the lookout for more games like that to get into.
>>
>most classes get a small metal shield as the warg quest reward
>shieldmaster gets a small leather shield
The fuck is this bullshit
>>
>>144964589
>>144965230

Anon, the answer to "what roguelike is like Dwarf Fortress in terms of super complicated thing -- as opposed to building projects?" is going to be "probably nothing."
>>
>>144964589
UnReal World, sort of? At least there are the njerpez. Can't think of anything else.
>>
>>144965497
Mount and blade did it pretty well I thought.
>>
I've been thinking that a roguelike with serious monster infighting could be novel, the idea that levels are less like a peaceful town or bank vault you're cracking into but more of a riot within a city that it is not in your best interests to allow to go on.

Essentially the idea is that when monsters factions fight, the result will always be at least as bad as if you did nothing: monsters either gain levels or so forth from friends and enemies alike, or use the value to summon demons/etc as reinforcements (mages etc), or raise dead bodies as minions. Others might merge with dead bodies into a still greater monster, etc. This advancement shouldn't kick in instantly, but if you just leave say a group of dark elves and orcs to fight, the resulting leveled survivors will be harder than either group.

Overall idea is, when evil fights evil, evil still wins, in the sense of being the antagonists at any rate.
>>
>>144966192
Play nethack with an amulet of ESP and a ring of conflict
>>
>>144966192
PCB can have monster infighting, but the XP thresholds for monster evolution are such that it'd never result in the end scenario you describe.
>>
>>144953214
Get the amulet. Take it to the astral plane, and give it to a god who doesn't match your alignment.
>>
>>144966597
Nice.

>>144966747
Mostly I'm just thinking about that sort of thing because someone else brought up NPC vs NPC wars etc., and the eternal problem with that is monsters fighting each other, especially out of your line of sight where you will never see what's going on and half the stuff will be dead, resulting in a more boring game.

If one were to finetune it just right, it could potentially result in scenarios where if there were four starting areas to choose from of equal power level, the ones left undisturbed longer would be scaled to be appropriate challenges for the protagonist. Just an idea.
>>
>>144952340
Probably more than 95% of characters who make it to the endgame never see a single one, anon.
>>
>>144967848
I know.
My goal is to find both during this decade.
>>
Holy shit how did I even get a HEFi win? I can't even get out of early game for hours now because of this non-existent HP. This is way worse than playing VS ffs.
>>
>>144968539
>HEFi
why though
>>
I'm playing dorf fortress as an Elf peasant. I don't want to go on adventures but would rather just dick around and do peasant things since I'm new to the game and want to take it slow. What activities are best suited for that?
>>
how long broken legs heal ?
i broke one on 1 day of summer, now its 11 of autumn and its still not fixed.
yes i have my leg splint on.
god damn i want to explore world
>>
>>144969593
Randomly, average 2 weeks unless you spend a lot of time being very healthy, very unhealthy, irradiated etc.
>>
>>144969137
Throw rocks at animals, strangle and mutilate people in their sleep, that kind of stuff
>>
>>144970068
Just peasant things.
>>
>>144953883
Yes it's somewhere in the scoring pages
>>
File: fuk.png (32KB, 623x211px) Image search: [Google]
fuk.png
32KB, 623x211px
>Yeah, i've cleared out everything else, time to try out pan
>I should be good to go, i basically tabbed through the entirety of hell and the abyss

>Enter
>Teleportitis procs
>Hellion island with panlord
>>
>>144971023
See? Aren't bad mutations fun! Good thing rMut was removed, boy did that bog the game down. :^)
>>
I can only imagine this was left behind by an angry wizard.
>>
>>144970068
>>144970450
Well of course but like, can I farm or harvest flowers and sell them or some shit? Or would it be better to start at a human village for that.

also will civs go to war with one another in Adventure mode?
>>
File: ban.png (2KB, 604x24px) Image search: [Google]
ban.png
2KB, 604x24px
>it only reflects everything
>>
>>144971023
RIP
>>
>>144972419
Hahaha
>>
>>144971837
Wait, why the fuck was rMut removed?
>>
>>144971023
>attempting pan with teleportitis
>>
>>144972656
Because it was a "no brainer" in the extended. Because playing through bad mutations is fun and makes you make choices with your cMuts. Honestly all they had to do was reduce the % of malmutate and then it would no longer be a no brainer.
>>
So, I'm going to get my hauling vehicle online and I'm thinking of modifying a semi for this purpose.

Would ripping off some of the wheels on the back to make it shorter/lighter and also replacing the back compartment with some trunks work okay? I mean all I'm doing is lowering the weight of the vehicle and it already has a lot of wheels.

Also, how bad is 9 fuel usage? It is a 14l v12 after all.
>>
File: mtkwe.png (19KB, 801x457px) Image search: [Google]
mtkwe.png
19KB, 801x457px
>>144972419
Post Warlock's memes.
>>
Are there any good roguelike youtube channels?
>>
File: 1463493348183.jpg (28KB, 444x399px) Image search: [Google]
1463493348183.jpg
28KB, 444x399px
>>144973517
>>
File: 1445438171275.jpg (44KB, 331x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445438171275.jpg
44KB, 331x270px
>>144973517
>Watching other people playing games instead of playing them yourself and with yourself
>>
>>144973652
>>144973804
Well, I don't really want to play when I'm eating for example, and I might learn a thing or two.
>>
>>144973517
Just watch people play crawl online
>>
>>144973517
Sil Streamer
>>
>>144973129
>Also, how bad is 9 fuel usage?
All combustion engines have nearly equal fuel usages at given power. The number next to fuel usage only says how much it uses at max.

And since it looks like you're playing the stable version, you probably don't need much fuel.
>>
Should I branch in M&F to use a Whip of Pain I found?
>>
>>144975926
meh, if you're a necromancer sure. If not that brand is useless without necromancy
>>
>>144973517
Rogueliker
>>
>>144975575
Nice spot anon, I'm on the stable.

Well I'm not worried about fuel consumption anymore then. It seems that 4 wheels are enough so I stripped a lot of weight off of the vehicle. Also dat 5500 cargo volume now.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 642x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 642x350px
Minotaur time. I also found a pair of levitation boots so that's nice.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 640x354px
>>144978023
>>
>>144974089
This
>>
I'm undecided on what combo I should play in DCSS. Tell me some wacky combos and I'll play the weirdest.
>>
>>144979121
FoIE GrAs GhEE SpAM KoBe
>>
I am at 5 runes and I've never ever done extended.

Got the usual 3+abyssal+slimy, where next?

I have Nr+++ by the way.
>>
>>144979191
lmao KoBE it is.
>>
>>144979121
SpTm of Chei

You won't
>>
>>144979323
you'll need to tell us more than that brah. Combo? God? Defenses? Resistances?
>>
>>144979390
kobold berserker is a suggested combo isn't it? Not super wacky
>>
File: fuck.png (102KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
102KB, 1366x768px
>>144979443
I've got cancer and I only have one cure muts, so maybe I'll go into pan and search for a ziggurat?
>>
>>144979191
a fellow cu/ck/ in the thread I see
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 639x344px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 639x344px
Sharpness is a really fun brand.
>>
>>144979390
Please, SpBe and FeBe are the true berserkers.
>>
>>144979786
What version? Youre guarranteed a zig in .16+ i think. Alternatively you can switch to TSO and clear out crypt if you havent already, rebrand your eveningstar to holy. Do tomb and hell with TSO then switch to zin for Pan
since zin is pretty good and protects from mutations. That's the easiest route for clearing extended as melee.
Might want to lose that shield as well
>>
>>144966192
I really really like this idea. I've thought about similar things myself, mostly due to playing DCSS and noting how literally everything just makes a beeline towards you regardless of what other different creatures might be around. I don't mind the idea of certain groups not being hostile towards one another, or even some intentionally being allies, but it's honestly kinda stupid that everything is just immediately hostile towards the player but nothing else ever.
>>
>>144980260
I kinda want to stick with bro chei to the end.

I already raided zig once up to 12 or something, then got out, so I have to find a new portal.
>>
>>144980749
There's a guarranteed zig seed at the bottom of tomb
So if you can clear tomb you can get it. Just be careful and stairdance a lot if you havent done tomb before
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 635x342px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 635x342px
Sathla.
>>
>>144981070
Why are you calling her by her surname?
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 640x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 640x345px
>>144981070
Or Frankenstein's Bride.
>>
File: d2385.jpg (6KB, 275x184px) Image search: [Google]
d2385.jpg
6KB, 275x184px
>>144981212
Sathla just sounds better to me.
>her
Pretty sure outer gods have no gender.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 642x342px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 642x342px
>>
>>144981353
all j monsters are qt slimegirls, it's a fact
>>
Do gloves of archery still hurt your melee attacks? And do they affect blowguns?
>>
File: slime_girl.jpg (146KB, 781x1023px) Image search: [Google]
slime_girl.jpg
146KB, 781x1023px
>>144981839
I want to believe.
>>
>>144981353
>Pretty sure outer gods have no gender.

Fuck off racist.
She's beautiful and you know it.
>>
>>144981641
>Sam doesn't give rFear
Now that is horse shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 640x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 640x346px
I wonder what we'll get.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 641x343px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 641x343px
>>144982165
Okay Shelob is next.
>>
>>144982165
Regular Acquirement always gives dick.
Probably boots of levitation.
Also by going to 555 you're ruling out even the very remote possibility of getting standarts.
>>
File: d2478.gif (482KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
d2478.gif
482KB, 300x300px
>>144982392
Where else would I go? Volcano? I'd get destroyed.
>>
File: overkill.png (78KB, 804x596px) Image search: [Google]
overkill.png
78KB, 804x596px
>I'll just go read my acquirement in dragon's lair
>You are ambushed!

Don't think I'll pick shadow drake with craft realm again, that was the wimpiest dragon I've ever seen.
>>
>>144982560
Dragon's Lair.
At least that's what I did before 555 was discovered.
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 642x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 642x347px
>muffled eurobeat
>>
>>144983531
If you are playing 4.0.2, wilderness ambushes were buffed.

Also dragons suck.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 640x349px
>>144983673
Nothin personnell....kid....
>>
>>144983793
the only problem with dragons is that they're balanced around getting to 50 alive and also finding a bunch of really strong rings

which is a big fucking problem, though "eventually" they can be fairly sweet
>>
>mfw-i-find-thranduil-this-early.gif
>>
>>144983531
>-483/217
A good old assguttering.
>>
>>144983943
And Death Swords are "balanced" around getting to 50 and absorbing the essences of 100 defender weapons to get rShards++ and rDisenchantment++. Don't tell me they're not shit.
>>
>>144983943
In theory craft realm can reforge things for free and make their own rings. For all I know it could be trash though.

I'll try again with a white one or something else that can actually melee and have a useful breath.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 640x347px
>>144984308
Red and White are pretty much the best ones since they have great melee and great breath.
>>144984241
>
>>
File: mfw i find thranduil so early.gif (440KB, 359x264px) Image search: [Google]
mfw i find thranduil so early.gif
440KB, 359x264px
>>144984241
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 641x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 641x351px
>>144984490
Goddamn I didn't know it had Telepathy.
>>
File: mpa-PCB monster arena.png (513KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
mpa-PCB monster arena.png
513KB, 1920x1041px
>monster arena

This was fucking harrowing but my brave little ranger pulled through in the end.
With all the awesome bloat I forgot I can be a degenerate gambler as well.
>>
Why are Ice Cave portals almost universally more difficult than Volcano portals?
Ice Caves get ice statue rooms, ice giants, ice dragons, even ice fiends, and what do Volcanos get? Molten gargoyles?
>>
>>144984764
Volcanoes do that stupid erupting thing that hits for a ton if you don't have at least rF+
>>
>>144984892
Yeah but that comes with a warning and is easily avoided.
Ice caves often have halls filled with more or less unavoidable freezing clouds.
>>
>>144984568
yeah that's why it's so nice early
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 640x348px
Unlucky.
>>
File: Finally.png (462KB, 1273x677px) Image search: [Google]
Finally.png
462KB, 1273x677px
about time I got out of that mortifying early game tbqh
>>
>no Calris in Crawl
a) a +13 greatsword {flame, fire, inacc, *Curse}
>>
>>144985219
>poor little white @
>>
File: pda.png (210KB, 1509x1038px) Image search: [Google]
pda.png
210KB, 1509x1038px
Dang. Found a pearl hide last game too but couldn't use it.
>>
File: MuWzdeath.png (183KB, 1252x923px) Image search: [Google]
MuWzdeath.png
183KB, 1252x923px
what a shitter

this is what happens when I get too lazy and think "I can take it, I got lucky last time I was in a dangerous situation"
>>
How do healers work?

Can someone school me on being Ely's fuccboi?
>>
File: 1462116040521.jpg (207KB, 435x571px) Image search: [Google]
1462116040521.jpg
207KB, 435x571px
>>144985559
>MuWz^Sif
That sounds really, really, awful.
But I guess you also routinely zig and 15 rune so you're used to that.
Did you ever manage to figure out how to ssh?
>>
>>144983531
how do you even take that much damage
>>
>>144985780
MuWz of Sif is good, aside from it being a mummy who are awful.

>>144985559
That was a really really bad decision.
>>
>food shop has a hungry ghost waiting right next to it
I bet Gozag was responsible for this.
>>
>>144985932
>You hear Xom's laughter in the distance.
>>
>>144985852
breaths can do up to 900 damage

either that anon was full hp with 0 fire resist or close to 0 hp with 50% resist
>>
Not too bad.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 637x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 637x347px
So where do genji gloves drop? I don't want to take ambi and have it go to waste.
>>
>>144985852
2800/7*1=700, which is the full unresisted damage of a Dracolisk's fire breath if it is at full HP.
>>
>>144985780
yeah, I got the SSH figured out. A dev was having me connect that way so I could make a backup save so he could check it to see if I'd skipped one of the rings of the octopus king, which was the reason I was zigging. It turned out I had skipped it, and did like 6 extra zigs for naught. It hurt. Now this streak breaker hurt because someone came into my room and talked about random crap and distracted me. Of course I still haven't learned to stop playing when that happens, I keep tap tapping away at the keyboard and end up dead.

>>144985925
I agree that it's tough having bad aptitudes and attributes, but I love the idea of spamming channel and spamming high level spells at 40% failrate with no consequence, and I also like starting with rpois so that I can do more stuff with mephitic cloud.

I like how the combo feels like you're really figuring each encounter out, not just comparing the product of your MP and spellpower vs the enemie's HP bar.
>>
>>144986192
555 has as good a chance as any other place with the smallest risk.
>>
>>144986229
>/7
/4
>>
>>144986192
of genji an ego native to depths 60+ that only appears on gloves
>>
>>144986287
Weren't you the guy with the shitty internet that was zigging offline?
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 643x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 643x351px
>>144986298
>>144986496
I took cult because my charisma on this character isn't completely shit and I'll probably find some more potions to boost it.
>>
>early game DDA
>grab the only working vehicle I can find and fill it with as many things as I can scrounge up from the surrounding few houses
>go hit the road
>come across a mi-go and a bunch of mangled bodies
>there's a canteen on one of the bodies, and I want it so I I have to take the mi-go on
>don't have much in the way of equipment so I decide to ram it with my vehicle
>slam into it at 60 mph
>it smashes into one of the heavily damaged frames on the front and it breaks completely, mi-go bursts into treats
>the frame that breaks happens to be one of the corner frames which holds a wheel
>still able to drive normally
>go grab my wheel and load it into a trunk, and carry on about my business
Just another day in the apocalypse I guess.
>>
>>144986945
I have zigged offline, and I had shitty internet a few weeks ago, so it might have been, not sure how much of it I posted in rlg, I probably did though because I'm desperate for those (you)'s
>>
File: did someone say cargo space.png (69KB, 1591x881px) Image search: [Google]
did someone say cargo space.png
69KB, 1591x881px
>pull handbrake
>take out wrench and hacksaw
>fill truck with cargo spaces
Now I can hoard properly.
>>
>kill bullroarer in two cold breaths
So this is what it's like to be a decent dragon.

>>144987158
My favorite is when it destroys the frame under the driver's seat and you get ran over by your own car.
>>
Gargoyle of chei here updating.

I decided to tryout tomb but since I had no sustAttribute I decided to bail off.

Ctrl-f showed me not a single sustain attribute ring.

So I felt like going to hell.

Dear lord now I understand why you all say extended is a shit. Literally everything smites or torment me. Cocytus has thousands of ice fiends spamming torment, Tartarus had even MORE faggots with torment, even the boss had torment,and the serpent was a true bitch to bring down, expecially since I have degeneration because fuck me. The fucking boss of tartarus had torment, and also heals because why not. Please tell me the other 2 hells aren't THIS bad. Also I'm starting to worry if I will be able to do the orb run even at cheispeed, I think I can as long as I don't meet thousands of tormentors.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 641x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 641x349px
Finally caught him in a good position. I had to recall twice because he couldn't stop spamming his summons.
>>
>>144987630
fire hell isn't horrible? if you have at least rF++. Dis is a fucking shit hole though. I tend to do pan before hell on most characters.
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 642x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 642x349px
>>144987843
There we go.
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 644x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 644x349px
>>144988016
2 artifacts and some great body armor.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 644x352px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 644x352px
I wish I could've gotten the bigger brother but this isn't bad. It'll replace my katana.
>>
>>144988662
Don't forget to enchant that up at the fighter's hall.
That's a smaug-killer if there ever was one.
Also real Excalibur is super rare in PCB, on the level of Ringil and the Vorpal Sword.
>>
File: d2083.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
d2083.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>144988868
So, what does "blessed" do on a weapon? Thanks for the reminder about the enchant thing too by the way.
>>
>>144989417
Makes it resist cursing and allows priests to use it without any (or with lesser at least) penalties.
>>
>>144989504
Oh that's actually kind of lame. One more thing though, what drops Ringil and Vorpal? I think there's a screen when you load up PCB that shows some guy getting Ringil super early on.
>>
>>144987630
Dis is probably the worst of all.
Have fun with that.
>>
>>144987630
You're a gargoyle of chei? You should have heaps of INT and a good earth magic aptitude, LRD or even shatter will let you bust into the back of hell vaults so you don't have to fight the hell lords.
>>
File: shoppe.png (58KB, 768x411px) Image search: [Google]
shoppe.png
58KB, 768x411px
Hmm
Yes
I should probably ditch qazlal tho
>>
Why were necromancers nerfed? Are they even fucking playable now?
>>
>>144990208
Well sucks to be me, first time doing extended, should I visit somewhere else before Dis? I'm missing only pan and tomb, and already raided the free zig.

>>144990349
I got 23 on heart magic, 15 or something in conjurations and 9 in spellcasting, I can cast heart shots relaiably and have shatter at 74% fail, since I'm wearing pearl draggen armor. Should I level up more earth or more spellcasting to lower the fail rate? Also have 27 on armors.
>>
>>144989796
>what drops Ringil or Vorpal
Exceedingly lucky rolls deep in the dungeon.
Ringil was made significantly deeper in 4.0.2 and the splash screen of getting it in the labyrinth is no longer possible.
>>
>>144990691
>Heart magic
>Heart shot

I'm a kind gargoyle. And also dumb.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 640x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 640x351px
>72% fire res
G O O D
A
M
E
>>
>>144990903
It still hits for >1/2 your MHP.
Also watch out for the cursing.
Excalibur Jr. should wreck him though.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 643x352px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 643x352px
>>144990903
His breath still did around 150 though.
>>144990993
>It still hits for >1/2 your MHP.
Yeah I was really surprised at that. I had to quaff 2 curing just to be safe. Smaug said something like his breath is death before we started fighting and I guess he wasn't lying.
>>
>>144989796
>what drops Ringil and Vorpal
>Ringil
>Vorpal Blade

lol
You'll never find either.
>>
>>144990648
?
>>
>>144991098
At full HP his breath hits for 750 unresisted.
So that's 210 with 3 pips. Not 1/2 you HP, but close enough.
>>
What if every standart had a minimum dlevel of 1 but was disallowed in the wilderness?
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 640x344px
>>144991238
Well, at least I got this thing from him.
>>
>>144991198
Isn't animate dead only temporary now? Like the corpses just dissipate after a few turns?
>>
File: d179.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
d179.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>144991174
Maybe there's vorpal blade jr. and ringil jr.
>>
>>144991835
There's worpal blade :^)
>>
>>144991680
Oh that. Yeah whatever. I never use animate dead and necromancers are one of the strongest starts without using it at all still.
>>
>>144991835
There's a super-rare ego "of the Noldor" that is basically baby ringil.

Probably appears about as often as the real thing.
>>
>>144992104
*got confused with animate skeleton but what I said applies to animate dead too.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 635x352px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 635x352px
Went to 555 and killed some things and ran into this. Too bad I don't really dig.
>>
Has anyone here even seen Vorpal Blade?

Or Ringil in any variant of Angband ever?
>>
>>144993538
Got Ringil in Sil, if it can be considered an Angband variant. Pretty sure other people who play Sil much more than me ITT got it too.
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 636x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 636x349px
Okay guys, I'm going to go take a break and eat some food. I'll be back in probably 2 or 3 hours, then I'll try for Utgard. I have 65% cold resistance along with some confusion so I think I that's adequate enough for him.
>>
>>144993538
I've gotten Ringil twice in Sil, once as a christmas present, and once at 1000' as a character with 0 Melee.
I've gotten it once in Vanilla too (where it's amazing, +10 speed!).
I've never gotten Ringil, Excalibur, or Vorpal Sword in PCB.
>>
>>144990691
Well what's your stealth like, with cheistats and pearl dragon armour? Than one rN+ isn't super necessary for you, especially if it's hurting your stealth. One of the great things about chei in endgame is you have your megaspells, you have your ability to rape anything in melee, and you can also be uncannily stealthy, without ever grinding pan/abyss.
>>
>>144994341
I'm as stealthy as an elephant in a library. Not happening at all.
>>
>>144993538
I got Ringil in Orctown back in Tome 2.x

So it was OoD and STILL came up.

Thank fucking god it's obvious from being a 4d5 long sword whether it was Ringil or the fuck-you-for-wielding-on-instinct Long Sword of Angmar, or else I would probably have missed it because I was out of identification.
>>
how do you kill that stupid fucking shambler thing in arena
>>
>>144993538
I got ringil, vorpal blade and excalibur in PCB.
Spoiler: they're not really *that* good.
The best weapon is an even rarer katana with an AFC that *slays* good with an insane damage die
>>
What exactly is Elona+ custom?
>>
>>144995014
>The best weapon is an even rarer katana with an AFC that *slays* good with an insane damage die
Is that the one that won't hit women or is that a different one?
>>
>>144995001
>how do you kill the shambler
>he asks after he's seen the shambler and died from it
SAVESCUM
A
V
E
S
C
U
M
>>
File: Muramasa.png (11KB, 430x234px) Image search: [Google]
Muramasa.png
11KB, 430x234px
>>144995142
He means Muramasa.
Absolutely insane weapon.
The *slay* good doesn't even matter. It's the dice and the fact that its a Vamp +attacks weapon that makes it.
>>
>>144995206
nah i just want to know to prevent another faultage
>>
>>144995379
Yeah it's that one. I slapped [destruction] on it and enchanted it to +12 on my old ARK.
Slays good matters because I killed the unicorn with it.
>>
>>144994510
no really, hear me out. Consider trading out that pearl dragon armour for a lighter armour, meme mail or leather, or even a robe. You already have rN+, 50% torment reduction, free AC, and free GDR. And that will let you becom extremely stealthy very quickly, and then you get to skip 50% of hell because it doesn't see you.
>>
File: d2140.jpg (14KB, 218x290px) Image search: [Google]
d2140.jpg
14KB, 218x290px
>>144995379
>vampiric
>*sharpness*
Holy fucking shit.
>>
File: alpha male.png (48KB, 1591x881px) Image search: [Google]
alpha male.png
48KB, 1591x881px
That thing hit me twice and it fucking hurts. I want to explore this shipwreck but I also want to live so time to run away
>>
>>144995584
It also grows exponentially in power like a rune sword.
>>
>>144995558
Lots and lots of elec resist. The breath can 1-shot as you might have found out.
>>
>>144995379
Won't the AFC fuck you up though?
>>
>>144995650
They're basically armored hulks.
there's nothing in the shipwreck anyway
>>144995828
AFC are literally babbymode
>>
File: d2336.gif (44KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
d2336.gif
44KB, 192x224px
>>144995828
I think you can just slaughter whatever the curse whips up.
>>
File: why.png (73KB, 804x597px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
73KB, 804x597px
>>144993538
Someone found it but has anyone used it
>>
>>144995984
Paralysis tho
>>
>>144996084
AFC goes through free action?
>>
>>144995579
I-I dunno, saccing my armor of 22 AC sounds a bit extreme, and I would just have RN++.

What is the meme mail? Chain ring or scale?
>>
>>144995558
>Slays good matters because I killed the unicorn with it.
I wouldn't say it matters because it lets you kill a highly optional do-avoid boss.
>>144995828
When you have a weapon that good it doesn't matter if you get paralyzed for 30 game turns or surrounded by 4 cyberdemons.
>>
>>144996084
paralysis happens on average 1/1000 AFCs.
It's basically so rare you'll never have a problem with it
>>144996205
> highly optional do-avoid
are you for real
>>
File: d934.jpg (9KB, 261x213px) Image search: [Google]
d934.jpg
9KB, 261x213px
>>144996029
Dragon a shit.
>>
>>144996029
>dragon
o i am laffin
>>
Just popping in to give congrats for being more level-minded and less of a cesspool than the DCSS tavern forum.
>>
what's a realistic Item Spawn Scaling Factor to gen a world in cata dda?
>>
File: d2133.jpg (19KB, 212x254px) Image search: [Google]
d2133.jpg
19KB, 212x254px
>>144997092
We're a bunch of degenerates though.
>>
>>144997092
give us time, we'll shit things up eventually.
>>
>>144997184
Realistic? The game is set 3 days after the zombie outbreak took place, so the shops would be mostly full.

That also makes the game really boring.
>>
>>144997184
>>
>>144997184
I usually do 0.6 but you can do 0.5 if you want. It makes it so items aren't stupid rare but they don't spawn all over the place to make the game really easy.
>>
>>144996029
It's okay bro, 5d5 is shit in PCB
>>
>>144997540
Isn't it supposed to be (27,30) because of the enchantment?
>>
How do I generate artifacts in debug mode in pcb?
>>
>Iskenderun was a Fe
>>
>>144998031
She was?
>>
>>144998102
Apparently DCSS got it from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Van_Guzelli_Iskenderun.jpg
>>
>>144979191
>foie gras
disgusting
>>
welp nevermind, found out
>>
>>144997382
>>144997395
>>144997426

will go 0.5
1 seemed a bit too much last time i tried, thanks
>>
>>144997857
>>144998617
Was this you? If so respond to posts and/or delete them.
Otherwise It's ^A, C, then the number of the artifact.
>>
apparently activating the muramasa for strength [blasts] it.
Which is kinda shitty.
>>
>>144998306
>name wizard after a cat
Holy shit 'groid, that's fucking cute as fuck
>>
>If so respond to posts and/or delete them.
Fuck you you're not my real mom
>>
>>144998617
>nvm fixed it
There is a special hell where people who do this go.
>>
File: Screenshot_46.png (50KB, 820x680px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_46.png
50KB, 820x680px
Anyone have feedback on the layout and style of stuff on this page: http://nikheizen.github.io/pages/rewards.html
I have the updates to the Dungeon section in the pipeline- so it's not actually current to 4.0.2 there.
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 639x347px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 639x347px
And I'm back. I went to go grind 555 again so I could level up one more time before Utgard and holy fug these boots.
>>
>>145000424
you know that there's already a pastebin with the quest and arena rewards right
>>
Also killing the babble in the arena does give you *truewinner*, yes but also a scroll of artifact creation.
>>
>>145000678
Yeah, I wrote that too.
>>145000845
Good point. I can have 20 full rows that way.
>>
>>145000424
Orc quest reward was changed recently to a cloak of stealth.

It would be nice if the monster names linked to the relevant sections of mon-info.spo.
>>
>>144993538
One of my first characters in Vanilla Angband was a half-troll warrior who eventually fount Ringil

I got super far by abusing monster spoilers and unresistable teleother, but I ended up parking him on level 99 because I didn't think I had enough potions for Morgy but didn't want to go grind more.

I think that character is still sitting on level 99 to this day.
>>
>>145000978
>Orc quest reward was changed recently to a cloak of stealth
Ah yeah. Forgot about that dumb change.

>It would be nice if the monster names linked to the relevant sections of mon-info.spo.
That's a good idea, I'll work on adding that in after I generate the new spoiler files.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 641x352px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 641x352px
75% fire resistance now. Let's go mess up Utgard.
>>
>>145003278
Don't do that.
>>
>>145003278
Do it.
>>
>>145003278
you know utgard-loke breaths cold, not fire

also he throws big ruks which i'm pretty sure check shards resist
>>
About to play Crawl for the first time, playing something magical because fuck bumping.

Throw advice and memes at me.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 301x291px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 301x291px
>>145003435
>>145003690
>>145003751
No shard resistance but I think I'm okay.
>>
>>145003904
mummies are a very strong race because they never need to eat and thus can completely ignore spell hunger

i suggest a mummy enchanter for obvious reasons
>>
>>145004043
I want those to be your last words if you die.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 642x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 642x351px
>>145004192
Deal. NOW LET'S GO
>>
>>145004043
also his 900 breath damage will still hit for half your hp after resistance so you better have some healing potions around
and have enough that you won't die when he breaks 3 of them with a ruk
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 640x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 640x346px
>>145004360
That was really easy. Lured him behind a wall so he couldn't ruk, breath, or teleport me.
>>
>>145003904
worship jiyva for hot slimegirl dickings
>>
>>145004510
>couldn't
Didn't*
>>
File: merelypretending.jpg (135KB, 576x587px) Image search: [Google]
merelypretending.jpg
135KB, 576x587px
>>145003904
GrEEEEEEEEEE^Ashenzari
>>
File: d1958.jpg (8KB, 236x243px) Image search: [Google]
d1958.jpg
8KB, 236x243px
>>145004650
>>
>>145004773
monsters can totally breath on you from around corners

hounds do it all the time
>>
>>145003904
Gargoyle Wizard of Xom
Ghoul Venom Mage of Qazkek
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 638x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 638x349px
This might be a stupid question but is it worth it to wear this instead of Thranduil? The telepathy is sort of nice.
>>
>>145005000
do you desparately need the resists or the con?

if not I'd just stick with the tele
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 645x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 645x351px
>>145005000
>18/***
>RAAAAAAGH
It really was a stupid question.
>>
>>145005000
If you are diligent with your detection then Telepathy is not crucial early on, especially on melee classes.
You can also get staves of telepathy.
Hammerhand would put you at capped strength, which is great. You should be increasing CON when you get stat-ups btw.
>>
>>145005294
I think I'll just stick with Hammerhelm.
>>145005321
>You should be increasing CON when you get stat-ups btw.
That's what I'm doing now, con just really doesn't seem super important to me because whenever I take a point in it my HP increases by like 6 points and it seems kind of worthless.
>>
So how many of these games actually have tiles?
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 643x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 643x348px
>>145005557
Poschengband has tiles.
>>
>>145005702
Please anon. What have we done to wrong you?

>>145005557
Half of them. Play crawl.
>>
give me an odd non-meme combo to play lads
>>
File: MY EYES.png (18KB, 641x347px) Image search: [Google]
MY EYES.png
18KB, 641x347px
>>145005829
This is how I pay you guys back for helping me with the game.
BEHOLD
>>
>>145005829
I already do, I've ascended on a three rune and am trying harder stuff. Just wondering if any others had okay tiles. I'm a massive pleb faggot and can't stand ASCII, but love Crawl.
>>
>>145005991
CENTAUR CAVALRY
>>
>>145005991
OgWz
>>
>>145006031
Demon's got pretty good tiles (with some notable early game exceptions)
>>
>>145006031
Get used to ascii. It's really not that hard/bad.
>>
File: coloncarrotparenthesis.jpg (154KB, 798x996px) Image search: [Google]
coloncarrotparenthesis.jpg
154KB, 798x996px
>>145006026
Fuck yoouuuuu

>>145006031
Tome4. Dredmor. IA. Cataclysm. Demon.

>>145005991
>>145006084
[NEIGHING INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>145006084
That's a dank meme you've got there
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 639x354px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 639x354px
>>145006031
I used to hate ASCII too man. Play PCB with tiles on for a while and then turn them off and you'll fall in love with the glorious ASCII.
>>145006304
>
>>
>>145005702
Every time I see a screenshot of someone killing something in this game, I have to wonder just what the fuck all that shit means after they die. Is there a point to all those retarded messages? Are they actually conveying anything useful or necessary?
>>
>>145005557
>>145006031
Elona
Don't play Elona though, it's so good and unique that it will ruin video games for you forever like it did for me
>>
>>145006509
In what way is it unique
it's literally a single player mmorpg with optional permadeath
>>
>>145006508
If you've ever heard of someone saying "turn off virtues", it gets rid of those messages.
>>
>>145006508
It's from the virtue system that has a tiny tiny gameplay effect, so small that it's absolutely not worth all that stupid spam.
>>
>>145006628
You don't know what you're talking about anon. The way skills and stats develop as well as options for how you choose to develop your character (all of which lead to you being perfectly viable in combat) mean there's this incredible sense of growth and investment. There's so much to learn, so many little tricks that pay off in huge ways. It's a game that puts fun and content first. Sure it's grindy as fuck but it's enjoyable grind since you have so many options and can switch it up constantly.
>>
>>145006628
Do you think it should be played without permadeath? I heard it's pretty grindy and losing a character you've put 20 hours into sucks.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 642x353px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 642x353px
>>145006961
It's like that with PCB too I guess, though 555 makes it a lot easier. Can't believe they removed it in the latest version it was the only thing that made the game playable.
>>
>>145006961
Presumably the developers think so since that option wasn't added for many versions.
>>
>>145007284
I just finished a full game of 4.0.2 a few days ago and it is eminently playable without 555. With a lot of the changes, I definitely prefer it to 4.0.0/1.

As someone who has never played without 555, you really shouldn't talk out your ass.
>>
>>145006961
Yes. If you're really good or play extremely cautiously, with spoilers, then you might be able to handle the permadeath mode.
>>
What is 555???
>>
>>145007562
>grinding only to have everything lost
I didn't mean "playable" literally, I meant it just isn't for me.
>>
>>145006902
I guess it depends on what kind of grind you like. I dislike how floor loot quickly becomes worthless in elona because the fixedarts are so much better. Whereas in say, pcb, your character has a limit and you rely on getting good items to improve.
>>
>>145007782
>grinding only to have everything lost
What do you mean? You're still grinding over at 555, you know?
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 641x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 641x349px
>>145007741
There's this spot on the map that is has a really high level wilderness which means your loot is be really high level too and the worst the wilderness spawns is Ancient Dragons. Also it's a nice location for caaws where you can spam devices at them to kill them and since caaws are really high level creatures you can get a ton of experience for killing them.
>>
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20255
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>145006961
Yes, play without permadeath. Elona is a game about investment and growth over time. It's not about surviving till the end. Death is usually a major hit anyway.
>>
>>145008096
Of course I am, 555 just makes the entire game a lot more palatable.
>>
>>145008314
Sar is such a fucking faggot.
I think this wizzzargh guy posts here too, but his thread is much better: https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20258
>>
>>145007830
Oh I completely agree that the fact that dungeon loot sucks and you need to use massively invested blackmarket shops or uniques is bullshit. Artifact Enhancement helps with that but the loot system still needs work. It's probably my biggest problem with the long-term endgame, really.
>>
>>145008314
>Well, this ruins my fanfics... OR DOES IT?????
Kek.
>>
File: d2141.png (155KB, 272x305px) Image search: [Google]
d2141.png
155KB, 272x305px
>>145008286
>your loot is be
To hell with my grammar.
>>
>>145008443
Have you ever played a game without 555?
I don't think you have.
Try the new version some time, anon.

And you don't lose everything when you win.
>>
File: laughingboss.jpg (81KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
laughingboss.jpg
81KB, 600x456px
>>145008314
>Swap Dowan and Duvessa's genders
That really caught me off guard. This thread is a gold mine.
>>
File: d2045.gif (2MB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
d2045.gif
2MB, 220x165px
>>145008829
I'll try it out my next run.
>>
>>145008286
Thanks. Was this always in the game? Good that it's gone I guess.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 641x354px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 641x354px
Well that's over with.
>>
>>145009467
Why is it good that it's gone? You didn't even know about it until you were told and it doesn't affect you at all. It sounds like you just don't want other people to have fun
>>
>>145009986
It kind of spoils the fun when you see people abusing 555 on the ladder.
>>
>>145009986
Because now that I know about it I have to do it and it's stupid.
>>
>>145010125
Oh, I didn't think about that.
>>
>>145008314
>fresh post with a tavern regular bringing up biology as a reason against some of the changes
wew lad didn't expect that one

wonder where this is gonna go
>>
File: tab.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tab.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
This was fun, had the boots of ass and sniper.
Honestly didn't use sniper as much as I would have liked, I was too busy turbo-tabbing in comfy killholes. Way way too easy a win, I can say with certainty I am a worse player for it
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 638x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 638x349px
Next up: Thorondor
>>
>>145011215
Getting the 3rd rune as Fo is so scary though. Grats.
>>
>>145011215
Sniper is for postend. Makes me wonder, can you sniper stab people with boots of ass? Congrats either way. [spoiiler]Dat double titty crusher.[/spoiler]
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 639x342px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 639x342px
So I recall to reset the floor since I was getting my ass flung all over the place and there was this thug that dropped this thing and another artifact sword.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 636x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 636x348px
>>145011874
Here's the other. :^)
>>
>>145011429
Yeah, I didnt plan it too well. I took about 75% of TRJ's health away with 2 hits, but he slipped behind his slimes after, I didn't want to risk portal project snipering him since it was so slow, so I just used immolation and it worked barely.
>>
>>145011489
I'm pretty sure it doesnt work with ranged, but i dont know. I was too unstealthy anyways
>>
>>145011398
>no base speed
I think he moves at like 2.8 times your speed.
>>
>acquirement gave what is effectively a +4 speed ring
Much better than being eaten by a dracolisk like last time.
>>
>tfw no comfy roguelike
>>
>>145012606
That doesn't really matter since he doesn't do very much himself. It's just I need him in a corridor so the eagles can't play football with my body.
>>
>>145012923
>What is cata?
>What is elona+
>What is URW?
You telling me reading a chemistry book while overlooking my vast field of oats isn't comfy?
>>
>>145012923
DDA certainly is comfy, though it might not be a roguelike.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 641x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 641x345px
>stone of lore
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 640x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 640x346px
Got his eagles in a passageway so I could kill them all, now it's just him.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 636x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 636x349px
>>145013853
He actually summoned but he was low anyway so it didn't even matter. Kind of a big leap but shooting star is next on the chopping block.
>>
File: at-least-it's-+1.png (331KB, 1282x703px) Image search: [Google]
at-least-it's-+1.png
331KB, 1282x703px
I was expecting -2 desu.
>>
File: fjsdd.png (17KB, 804x460px) Image search: [Google]
fjsdd.png
17KB, 804x460px
This is fun.
>>
>>145014297
>Keeping all those whips
Hey buddy, I think you took the wrong staircase. The leather club is 2 branches down.
>>
>>145011874
>you will never dual wield Werewindle and Grayswandir
>>
>>145014441
I was hoping Oka would take the hint and maybe, just maybe, on the 1/100,000 chance, gift me a demon whip. Instead I was gifted that there great mace of distortion. Which is essentially the same thing I guess.
>>
>>144990523
Wait what? Did they revert AssBoots?
>>
File: d2282.jpg (81KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
d2282.jpg
81KB, 639x595px
>>145014585
>>
File: 2016-06-09_20-10-45.png (47KB, 1657x235px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09_20-10-45.png
47KB, 1657x235px
Breaking: empirically verifiable biological norms are now actually sociological and conservatives' fault to boot.
>>
>>145012923
>playing DDA
>camping out at the edge of a small town in a damaged RV I snagged not far from here
>got a brazier set up outside with a fire going in it
>just ate dinner and it's getting late
>pull out a book and read by the light of the fire
>go to bed and wake up ready to kick some more zombie ass
Comfy as fuck in here senpai. There is no comfy but what you make of it.
>>
File: d2253.jpg (141KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
d2253.jpg
141KB, 500x281px
>>145015201
>that picture
Cancer.
>>
>>145015201
Anon, you're being silly.
>>
File: Screenshot_10.png (924KB, 802x597px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10.png
924KB, 802x597px
Holy shit this game is actually pretty fucking hard

So far I'm still a vaginal virgin, but I'm so close to 0% vitality all the time I'm really tempted to see if I can stash my weapon set and start over just to make it through faster

Like I end up at less than 10 actual HP shockingly often and combat just seems to be getting even more brutal with the reset to level one at every dungeon. I'm guessing the game is designed so that you're not supposed to be able to barrel through daimakyo mode first try, and it'll really make me salty if I lose my brand new laser rifle going up against actually impossible odds. Already in the first dungeon I was literally dropped into a room with 3 ogres between me and the nearest hallway, literally nothing I could do except get assraped and jump out of the way first chance I got.

I hate the idea of using the stash, but I hate the idea of not being able to finish as a virgin more.
>>
>>145015201
I hope you don't actually read minmay's posts.
>>
>>145015201
>and women live longer than min irl so surely women should be the ones with more HP, anyway
i-is duvessa retarded? Is he actually literally a retard?
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 640x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 640x351px
He's just standing there, menacingly.
>>
>>145015201
>Tiktacy and Duvessa are engaging in a slap fight
>Don't know who I want to win because I loathe them both
I bet the elves did this.

>>145015660
You have to make it to the cat cave and buy bread. That should always be your first goal. After that, go to the dorf's fortress so he can smith your gear. Are you abusing your holy water? Are you blessing yourself to do more damage? You using quick switch to get a few rounds of bullets in before engaging in melee or fucking off with backflip?
>>
>>145015660
You'll get better.
Daimakyo actually works really well for MSE. The monsters levels are adjusted accordingly and it's really fun to have both the start and end of each dungeon be quite difficult.
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 639x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 639x348px
>>145015812
NO BREATH BABY
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1464518730628.jpg (164KB, 656x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464518730628.jpg
164KB, 656x1024px
>>145015201
>>
>>145015201
To be fair, human females have comparative lower body strength to a man of the same height, but a lesser weight, greater flexibility, lower stamina, lower upper body strength and a more slender frame on average.

You could say that females should have higher EV, lower HP, lower STR, and higher DEX on average than males.

Magically they should just be even, magic (as it is represented in crawl) doesn't exist IRL anyway.
>>
>>145015646
Not as silly as this seemingly global competition to see who can claim to like women more (but in a completely non-sexual or romantic way because that's gross (unless you're attractive then it's ok)).
>>
>>145015201
The DCSS fanbase makes me sick, no wonder those retards let the devs get away with doing whatever stupid shit they feel like.
>>
>>145015768
Wait did they really swap Dowan/Duvessa's genders?
>>
File: trash.jpg (37KB, 600x542px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
37KB, 600x542px
>>145016294
THAT'S FUCKING SEXIST YOU IGNORANT BIGOT YOU'RE LIKE TRUMP OR HITLER OR SOMETHING
>>
>>145016470
I-I'll check my priv-privilege
>>
File: bulldyke.jpg (241KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bulldyke.jpg
241KB, 1200x1600px
>>145016590
YOU BETTER
>>
>>145016294
>higher DEX
That's mostly a myth though. Unless you mean fine manipulation and not dodging
>higher EV
Pretty much the only good reason for it would be differences in body size
>>
>4 of the named camelot knights as well as a decent sized vault all on one level
I literally cannot hold all this loot and it makes me sad.
>>
File: urug.png (1KB, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
urug.png
1KB, 32x32px
Well if nothing else, at least Urug finally gets a nice new tile out of this.
>>
>>145015919
One of my problems is that I have literally no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing. I have been abusing the shit out of holy water for removing buffs, healing myself, consecrating, etc.

I've also been using quick switch all the time to slow shit down by shot-shelling the the crippling attack and comboing it with reconsecration, or switching to the rapier for tanking and instant heal with protection, but I think I might just stash a bunch of weapons so that I can explore as far as possible and have some better idea of how far I need to go next time. I don't feel like I'm having too much trouble with combat, but I'm constantly running out of resources and not knowing where to explore. I got to the city (holy shit that fucking boss and his electric attacks, I don't think I would have finished him if I hadn't cleared so many monster houses before him) and I'm going towards church hill, but I have no idea if that's even correct? Am I even going to get to the church at this rate?

I have no idea where the dwarf or the cat merchant is, I only met the cat once randomly in the middle of a dungeon.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 641x353px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 641x353px
So Star dropped this but I've got a question. Does it also brand bolts that are already branded? I got some of shocking and it'd be cool if it was a combination.
>>145016827
Was Lancelot there? I always found him to be a pain in the ass because of the gashing.
>>
>>145015927
Huh. I've never played with Daimakyo, but you're making it sound kind of tempting.
>>
>>145016780
idk man I've seen female gymnasts do shit that men probably aren't capable of doing based on bone structure and ligaments alone
>>
>>145017179
Lancelot, Gawain, Gareth, and Galahad. Killed them all. Kay is also dead, but that was a few floors earlier.
>>
>>145017294
Gymnastics don't help at dodging much.
And acrobatics are dominated by men, who have much better power-to-weight ratio.
>>
>>145016346
What are you talking about? It's okay to like women, anon. Being gay is encouraged on 4chan, but it's not mandatory.
>>
File: Snow Maiden Eve World Map.png (81KB, 1272x638px) Image search: [Google]
Snow Maiden Eve World Map.png
81KB, 1272x638px
>>145017102
I got you familia.

http://pastebin.com/5MxVEVcf
>>
>>145017102
>only met cat once
>made it to the city
Wait, I thought you said you were a virgin? How did you avoid getting raped when you entered the gatehouse from the outside?
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 637x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 637x351px
Is this thing secretly strong or something? I mean it was dropped by a high level monster but it only has shitty 2d6.
>>
File: 2016-06-09_20-41-48.png (5KB, 759x33px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09_20-41-48.png
5KB, 759x33px
>two pips of rF and inventory protection from being a shieldmaster
>this still happens
>>
>>145018412
>something else casts create traps and I fall through a trap door
>the only staircase up on the level I end up on doesn't go back to that floor
DENIED MY REVENGE

BUNCH OF CUNTS
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 635x346px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 635x346px
Got this from Beld in Arena.
WEW LAD
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 645x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 645x351px
>>145018981
I'm eviscerating everything now.
>feelsgood.jpg
>>
File: def.png (12KB, 399x118px) Image search: [Google]
def.png
12KB, 399x118px
The saddest defender
>>
>>145017970
I just murdered wild hunt and all his friends?

barely anyway

like I said, I cleared 2 or 3 monster houses on the way there
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 639x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 639x349px
The king in yellow is Hastur, right?
>>
>>145017179
brands don't stack

you can even find "bolts of prism" that are branded with fire, cold, and elec, but they'll only apply one brand to a target at a time (it's always the brand that does the most damage, so against a fire-vulnerable enemy it'll be fire, etc)
>>
>>145018412
you need 3x resist to be immune to item destruction from base elements
>>
I wish the enchantment spell wasn't so horribly designed.
>>
>>145020574
No, I mean the cutscene rape.
Well, I guess it's possible to just not pick up the memory. I have no idea how the story works.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 642x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 642x350px
can anyone tell me what game this pic is from?
>>
>>145021335
there was a memory on the ground but I couldn't be arsed to translate it so I just ignored it
>>
>>145020898
I think king in yellow predates Hastur.
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 639x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 639x349px
>>145020898
Oh wait no this is Hastur.
>>145021758
That's Poschengband and that looks like my character lel.
>>
>>145021758
looks like MaiDenSnow Eve anon
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 508x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 508x337px
>>145021940
i literally just saved the pic from the thread and did a tiny edit
>>
Does anyone know if the Evasion mutation takes any stats or whatever into account, or if it's just a flat chance?
>>
>>145021335
Mind telling me where to download the game? I got a demo version somewhere and it gives me an error message in Japanese even after installing the rpg maker package thing.
>>
>>145022198
go to h games general and learn to read
>>
>>145022198
2D H game general will give you a download link and the pasta i linked earlier in the thread.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 639x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 639x350px
>>145021940
Thanks Hastur.
>>
>>145022179
It just reduces breath damage by 15% (or something, I don't remember exactly).
>>
File: DsTmm.png (669KB, 1521x1052px) Image search: [Google]
DsTmm.png
669KB, 1521x1052px
With this win I have won every Demonspawn class available, except for the removed ones.

Octavia could solo an orb of fire among other things, with one use of idealize. Battlemage does lots of damage.
I think I still prefer the knight but that damage is huge throughout the whole game. She could kill anything except panlords.

Fun moment:
90746 | Zot:5 | Noticed an orb of fire
90757 | Zot:5 | Noticed an orb of fire
90757 | Zot:5 | Noticed an ancient lich
90766 | Zot:5 | Killed an ancient lich
90768 | Zot:5 | Noticed an ancient lich
90772 | Zot:5 | Noticed an orb of fire
90772 | Zot:5 | Killed an orb of fire
90777 | Zot:5 | Killed an orb of fire
90780 | Zot:5 | Killed an ancient lich
90785 | Zot:5 | Killed an orb of fire
>>
>>145022659
>+3 to devices
>Activate to restore mana
I don't even play pcb anymore and I'm excited about that.
>>
File: d1751.png (257KB, 415x476px) Image search: [Google]
d1751.png
257KB, 415x476px
>>145022765
Too bad I sold my rod of heroic speed a little bit ago.
>>
>>145022745
Nice job on the greater demonspawn achievement! Hot damn, that is really cool. What spells does battlemage use?
>>
>>145022179
it reduces BREATH damage, and only breath damage (no effect on mana storms and shit) by 10+1d10 %
It's not a chance to take 0 damage from breath, it's a guaranteed reduction in damage.
>>
>>145022848
even if you have like a 70% fail on one of those they're still worth keeping around because you can spam it around a corner from a detected monster until you succeed
>>
File: 2016-06-09_21-34-27.png (3KB, 789x34px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09_21-34-27.png
3KB, 789x34px
>>145022698
>>145023083
Terrible fucking descriptions strike again. Though I have seen it trigger on thrown ruks as well.
>>
>>145022745
Hey, I'm a Greater Demonspawn too

we should form a club
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 630x342px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 630x342px
Should I be wearing this? It sort of looks like shit and I don't know what it's going to be doing to me.
>>145023216
I'll never make the mistake again.
>>
>>145023351
Haha yea that'd be so cool. Get on the /rlg/ discord and we can set up the club!
>>
>>144899557

Why do DCSS devs like removing everything?
>>
>>145023483
eh it's got a couple high resists you might want

definitely don't wear without uncursing though
>>
>>145023615
That's not funny, anon.
>>
>>145023028
Throw frost and stone arrow. At lvl 15 replaces throw frost with bolt of magma or force lance. Lvl 27 replaces stone arrow with LCS, but at this point you already finished a 3 rune game.
Battlemage does a lot of melee damage too. It's the ancestor spec that consistently does a lot of damage as long as it's alive.
>>
>>145023750
Okay thanks anon.
>>
>>145023864
I thought it was a little funny
>>
File: 1462776556421.png (351KB, 547x464px) Image search: [Google]
1462776556421.png
351KB, 547x464px
I started off with the drunk/flu/burning building/naked except for a towel challenge in Cata:DDA and I escaped without tbe building falling in on me. miraculously the flu went away not too long after but I got nailed with the common cold in autumn and it's debilitating my ability to do anything. how do I cure this without royal jelly? Should use cough syrup?
>>
>>145023890
Sounds rock solid. I wonder why everyone is so down on battlemage.
>>
File: 2016-06-09_21-52-13.png (15KB, 553x242px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09_21-52-13.png
15KB, 553x242px
Haven't seen this ego before. Too bad it's cursed, which from my experience means it'll eventually explode on failure.
>>
File: lol.png (77KB, 1361x537px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
77KB, 1361x537px
Uhh yeah so

I just found some gold dragon armor on D:1 playing my MiBe.
>>
>>145024218
>Should use cough syrup?
It'll go away eventually, cough syrup is to prevent yourself from having really loud coughing fits. Just wake up, eat, take syrup, go back to bed.
>>
>>144946823
>Confirmation bias.
Ehh.

I don't think that this is necessarily the case.

Uniques in DCSS spawn as vaults at levelgen, using a depth-weighted, branch-weighted, and dummy-vault-weighted selection process that biases itself against emplacing several uniques per floor.

Pertinently to the discussion of apparent level bias, this selection process involves picking eligible remaining uniques from the available pool.

Assuming that a given player tends to proceed through the dungeon by the same route; it's entirely possible that levelgen might exhaust its unique pool for emplacement in a noticeably-repetitive fashion.

I've got no interest in actually going through the depth tables to see where this might be likely to apply, but you shouldn't automatically assume "lol clustering" when Crawl's floorgen randomization is rather limited.
>>
>>145024851
Nice. You still don't need to raise strength though since you get enough by levelling.
>>
>>145024851
Be prepared for the most depressing splat
>>
>>145024909
Rad. I'll keep being patient and hope the shit passes so I can finish putting military comp armor on my FOB. Also where the fuck do I find rubber hoses, I need one desperately to finally build the FOODCO buddy
>>
>>145025219
>Also where the fuck do I find rubber hoses
Smash the shit out of fridges for those, that's also how you can funnel gasoline out of cars into containers.
>>
>>145025078
God I fucking know lol

>>145025071
Oh good point, I was totally gonna pump STR. Thanks.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 640x348px
So many artifacts.
>>
>>145025548
No need for gasoline/diesel since my vehicle is all solar, but once I get a generator at my motherbase that'll help a ton for finding gas. Thanks
>>
File: IT'S-OVER-9000.png (17KB, 639x351px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S-OVER-9000.png
17KB, 639x351px
>>
File: 15 rune.png (420KB, 1276x678px) Image search: [Google]
15 rune.png
420KB, 1276x678px
15 rune run done. Gargoyles are still as good as I remember them. +20 AC at level 27 jesus

I'd like to thank TSO for making this run possible.
>>
File: d2576.png (95KB, 218x220px) Image search: [Google]
d2576.png
95KB, 218x220px
>>145026930
Good job anon!
>>
>>145026930
>9 dex
Grats though
>>
File: sheet.png (63KB, 1277x680px) Image search: [Google]
sheet.png
63KB, 1277x680px
>>145026930
and here's the character sheet if anyone cares

>>145027028
>>145027038
thanks guys
>>
>>145026930
>77 AC
Fucking gargoyles.
>>
>>145026930
>Gargoyles are still as good as I remember them.

>tfw you still think of Gargoyles as one of the new races
>>
>>145027539
Gargs were in trunk for a while. I think they were even more absurd then

you guys remember Djinni? Now those were a mistake
>>
File: 2016-06-09_22-29-18.png (6KB, 139x268px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09_22-29-18.png
6KB, 139x268px
>Grendel's whole posse is shadowers
Weird.
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 639x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 639x345px
I'm off for now, night guys.
>>
>>145027665
remember at-will self-petrification?
that was weird
>>
First time playing Crawl. Gargoyle Geomancer, which god?
>>
I need a roguelike where you can play as undead.

What's a good roguelike for playing as an undead?
>>
>>145030005
Sif or vehement pretty standard caster gods. Makhleb ain't bad. Cheibriados is good, probably not for beginners though. Qazlol could be fun
>>
>>145030601
Crawl, Tome4, PCB.
>>
someone play + win a skeleton potionmaster
>>
>>145030601
I think PCB is the best one, you can play as liches, zombies, skeletons, vampires, spectres, and possessors. Maybe a few others I'm missing too.
>>
File: green.png (3KB, 460x58px) Image search: [Google]
green.png
3KB, 460x58px
I want to ascend as a chaos knight. I'm thinking of going ghoul or demonspawn, any advice?
Also is there any particular race that's extra fun when worshipping Xom?
>>
>>145034861
Demonspawn if you want double mutation roulette
>>
>when an orb of destruction kills an enemy while worshiping gozag coins, rather than gore, fly all over
This is incredible
>>
>jelly race starts the game with 18% fail rate on teleport scrolls
Is this the worst device character in the game?
>>
>>145037124
Berserker.
>>
Whenever I get to floor 3 I encounter something that I just can't damage. Best I can figure out is I should just read random scrolls and hope I can teleport away? I want to be good at video games.
>>
>>145037620
which game?
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (961KB, 802x601px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
961KB, 802x601px
I may have died but at least I had enough points to turn her into a big tit meganeko

time to restart!
>>
>>145037821
Crawl, just starting out. I've tried a Gargoyle Geomancer, Spriggin Venomancer, and a Vine Summoner. Summoner had the most success. The Spriggin got attacked by an undead centaur and I had nothing that could hurt it.
>>
>>145037849
what game is this?
>>
>>145037931
Skeletons and zombies take damage to their max hp.
This means they don't appear to take damage, but are actually taking damage they can't recover from.
>>
>>145037931
then just walk away
>>
>>145037931
Oh, well casters are pretty squishy in the beginning. Spriggans are naturally faster than just about anything, so you can just run away from stuff that can't be killed easily.

Maybe try a melee guy. A nice big minotaur fighter.
>>
>>145037950
MSE
>>
>>145038036
No I mean it flat wouldn't let me cast my spells on it, and melee combat was suicide. I tried throwing rocks at it because I was faster, but I eventually got cornered between two monsters.

>>145038083
But bumping is so boring. Thanks for the advice but I like roguelikes because wizard fantasy. How beginner friendly are Necromancers?
>>
>>145038143
is that the uhh... full name anon?
>>
>>145038206
Necros are okay. You can raise guys you kill for basically free and they can act as a meatshield.
>>
>>145038296
Microsoft Security Essentials
>>
>>145038364
Do they last until they die or are they like summoners?
>>
>>145038415
fuck you anon i laughed

but no really, what's that silly game called?
>>
>>145038416
They last until they die but they can't use stairs.
>>
>>145038416
depends on which version you play, in trunk they're like longer summones
>>
>>145038605
>>145038667
Neat thanks, I'll try them next then. What race do you suggest? I assume I want that god that gives you free corpses.
>>
>>145038845
Deep Dwarf or Mummy. The basic necro spell does good damage but hurts you a little bit too. Deep Dwarves are immune to its backlash.
>>
>>145038536
MSE
>>
>>145038536
Maiden Snow Eve. You come because you think you might fap, but stay because the gameplay is good and getting violated is bad.
>>
File: 2016-06-06 19_33_28.png (772KB, 1234x904px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-06 19_33_28.png
772KB, 1234x904px
>>145038536
MaiDenSnow Eve.
And since you're going to ask, here's a download link, copied straight from the pasta at /hgg2D/: https://mega.nz/#!vo4mGKpa!R-2GTCckWA2HHKWqLyS_jk8OxPrvEjvlx2BW5B6xkHw
>>
>>145037931
The spriggan could have just ran away. You shouldn't try to kill everything in DCSS.
>>
>>145039025
fuck you
>>145039232
thanks, i figured as much
>>145039354
(you) are the best
>>
>>145038845
what this anon said >>145038962
or you can try vinestalker, since that vampire spell is useful to them.
>>
>>145039454
I tried running but it was almost as fast as me and it didn't stop following me, eventually I just got walled in by monsters.

>>145038962
Thanks. Deep Dwarf not regening health sounds harsh so I'll give Mummy a try.
>>
>>145039463
You're the one who's getting fucked.
>>
>>145038206
Try a spriggan enchanter then, you can cast confuse on undeads instead of ensorcelled hibernation to get your sneak attacks in, and sneak damage is really high.
>>
File: pick a god, any god.png (37KB, 816x407px) Image search: [Google]
pick a god, any god.png
37KB, 816x407px
alright /rlg/ i'm a lazy tard pick a god for me that's not trog/xom. tired of those assholes.
>>
>>145039612
>Deep Dwarf not regening health sounds harsh so I'll give Mummy a try.
oh jeez

hahahahahha
>>
>>145039612
undead monsters don't follow you up stairs, just go up one and down another next time.
>>
>>145039612
Nigga
DD get a FREE wand of healing and an ability that lets them recharge it for Almost Free™.
>>
>>145039808
I'll give it a go next then, thanks.

>>145039978
Well fuck, I'll remember that.
>>
>>145039838
oh, i should mention in a SpEn i guess, not that it matters much
>>
>>145039463
Play as conservatively as possible and make your way to the cat cave ASAP.

>>145039645
Otherwise, this will happen. It isn't something you want. Roland is for purging, not for lewds.
>>
>>145040339
I have no idea what you're saying, but ok anon. i will probably get fucked either way though.
>>
>>145040624
That download will include a map and a pasta. Consult both.
>>
>have to eat some of my scrolls to not starve on the way to morivant
Jelly problems

I guess lanterns are a good food source? They're kind of heavy and are almost always sold in town.
>>
>>145039612
The spriggan venomancer couldn't damage the centaur skeleton because undead are immune to poison. You could have hit it with a weapon to damage it, but killing it in one go would've been unlikely. Zombies and skeletons can't use stairs so you could've went up stairs to heal and finish it off.

Venomancers have high incentive to train a weapon skill because a lot of stuff resists poison.

Deep dwarf necro is not fun to play. Mummy is the weakest race.
>>
>>145041620
Ya I didn't enjoy the Necro very much. Flinging my hand all over the keyboard every 2 turns to keep skeletons up is annoying, I should make some macros.

Race for Summoner? I enjoyed that the most.
>>
File: stackaf.png (144KB, 1454x1617px) Image search: [Google]
stackaf.png
144KB, 1454x1617px
This is really strong for a day 3 morning. Going to check out that southern town to see what I can scrape up. Hopefully a hacksaw and some other tools. Maybe a library and some seeds. I want to get cozy ASAP.

>>145041723
Tengu, Deep elf, High elf and Human are all really solid summoners, but everyone but human has super shit HP. They're pretty tough for a beginner, but if you like that kind of playstyle, try out Hepsicocklebowantobono in trunk. He'll give you a permanent battle brother that'll fight with you.
>>
>>145041723
You can play a very strong necromancer while only using the pain spell and not using animate skeleton. Because it is indeed not fun to play with skeletons.

Draconians are strong spellcasters. Most races are fine so you can pick whatever you like.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 636x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 636x348px
I really can't seem to fall back asleep so I guess we'll play until I get tired. I did some more arena grinding and I killed Bast with my black reaver and got this. It's going to a nice replacement for Excali Jr.
>>
How effective would gozags bribe ability be in vaults 5? Debating if I should risk slime or vaults 5
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 642x349px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 642x349px
>>145042213
Dare I say I'm ready for Vecna?
>>
>>145040624
Normally in a roguelike my heart starts to race and the blood rushes to my brain when things start to go south

MaidenSnowEve is similar, except the blood rushes to a different place
>>
File: tity.jpg (81KB, 769x391px) Image search: [Google]
tity.jpg
81KB, 769x391px
kek
>>
File: aaaaaaaa.png (32KB, 1454x809px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaa.png
32KB, 1454x809px
>[muffledrulesofnatureplaysinthedistance]
Holy shiiiiiit.
>>
>>145041597
just buy 99 rations or potions of oil
It's not as nourishing as for another race but they still have a decent weight-to-price ratio
>>
>>145042092
>I want to get cozy ASAP
Have you tried commercial/industrial cyborg? Starting with an integrated toolset is well worth the points.
>>
>>145043338
I like taking swat CQC specialist or special operator for the guns or bio prepper for the tool set. I prefer the gun starts desu, since I don't have to go through the trouble of stabbing 20 zombies to death to secure my first town. It gives me a good fall back for situations like this too, since this would basically be automatic death for a lesser start. I stand a good chance of gunning down this hulk with the stupid SMG I started with. Mind you, I'll probably still get the my shit knocked in a bit. I'll be alive though.
>>
>>145042314
Do you enjoy having titans and giants fighting for you?
Bribe is good everywhere.
>>
File: christ.png (34KB, 1454x808px) Image search: [Google]
christ.png
34KB, 1454x808px
>>145043161
Good thing I brought aspirin and bandages. I have to watch that building burn down now.
>>
File: uhhhhhHHHHHHH.jpg (154KB, 646x412px) Image search: [Google]
uhhhhhHHHHHHH.jpg
154KB, 646x412px
yooooooooooo
>>
File: Screenshot_12.png (1012KB, 803x602px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_12.png
1012KB, 803x602px
I'm sure I don't have enough money, but how do I get him to fuse equipment?
>>
>>145044285
Upgrading and changing equipment happens as you use it more. You can explore a bunch and return to him for a while, or flip flop between cat and dwarf to gather experience and some buffer scrolls/dosh.
>>
File: Capture.png (25KB, 637x348px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25KB, 637x348px
HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES THAT IS REVENGE FOR KILLING MY OTHER WARRIOR
All I needed was a scroll of genocide to get rid of those retarded black reavers.
>>
>>145044835
How many blows do you have?
>>
>>145044956
>>
File: edaininthedungeonbutnoldorinbed.jpg (196KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
edaininthedungeonbutnoldorinbed.jpg
196KB, 1200x877px
>>145045174
Christ, that is insane.
>>
File: d2603.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
d2603.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>145044835
>tfw reavers share the same glyph as liches
>>
>>145044081
nice font senpai
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 643x352px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 643x352px
I mean, this thing is actually kind of bad compared to what I have already.
>>
>>145045510
nightcrawlers, nightwalkers, and black reavers are all pretty much the same shit
they even use the same color
>>
>>145045653
i think it's more of a wizard statstick
kinda shit for damage but 4 high resists and +9% life rating is nice
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 614x321px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 614x321px
Do you guys think I can take on Layzark? Or should I try Numenor or something? I've never even gotten past Vecna.
>>
How do I RP as Poseidon in Crawl?
>>
>>145044835
>You hit. You hit. You hit. You hit. You hit. You hit. You hit. You hit. You hit. You hit.
wow exciting
>>
>>145046045
Merfolk gladiator prolly, maybe with glaciate and godless (since you're the god)
>>
>>145045950
>no shards resist
you are gonna instantly die the first time you kill an amberite and their blood curse summons cyberdemons

>>145046045
Mf^fedhas, spam the rain ability to make water everywhere (while wasting all your piety)
>>
>>145046142
It's cooler with a monk when you're landing all your special blows and stuff.
>>
>>145046295
for maximum coolpoints you need a wild weapon with mark of chaos, and make sure to have virtues turned on
>>
File: d2567.jpg (21KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
d2567.jpg
21KB, 540x543px
>>145046197
I already killed an amberite, Brand to be precise. All it did was warp gravity around me and fling me across the level map. Can't I just teleport away or something? Or use my crown which gives me 700 life.
>>
>>145046450
>implying a 700 heal helps when surrounded by 1+1d3 big ol' fatsos that can each fire 600 damage rockets

tele is fine actually
but still fix that resist hole or you will find yourself losing your anal virginity to a gigantic cyberdong
>>
>>145046450
You'll have a hard fight and maybe be at half health or something. You finish it and suddenly there are four cyber demons all around you. Do you risk tele and die immediately if it fails? Do you try to heal and probably die from full HP? Choices~
>>
>>145046614
>implying I'm an anal virgin
>>
>>145046752
i think potions of new life can fix that anon
>>
File: d1951.png (254KB, 347x441px) Image search: [Google]
d1951.png
254KB, 347x441px
>>145046614
>>145046675
Literally nothing I have found so far gives me shard resistance. Time to go grind 555 or some garbage, tomorrow at least. Thanks for the help guys I had a ton of fun too, good night.
>>
File: d2152.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
d2152.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>>145046752
Faggot don't impersonate me.
>>
File: win2.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
win2.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
Alright boys, win #2 today. First time ever playing Gozag, was kinda fun. Only used bribe on zot 5, made that the easiest zot 5 ever. Was cool having a posse of 2 orbs and an alich. What combo should I play next?
>>
>>145047972
MuWz^sif
>>
>>145047972
FeTm of whatever you want.

Get statue form going asap and you'll be gucci.
>>
File: mpa-PCB jelly stats.png (314KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
mpa-PCB jelly stats.png
314KB, 1920x1041px
Aww shit.
And I thought my life rating was bad before at 99.
I'd like this stat spread though.
Today my aim is to get to 40 and get the last evolution.
I hope it adds 2 slots instead of one.
>>
>>145048362
that's amazingly shit
>>
>>145047972
Nice, grats. I tried Gozag but had to abandon him after finishing Lair because it was clear that I would starve if I didn't spend 1/3rd of my shop requests on food.

The lack of food is very frustrating for me, same with early Zin.

I also really really hate when abilities increase in cost the more they're used.
>>
>>145048323
Just "find" statue form, huh?
This is actually a big reason why I hate magic use. You depend so much on spells you don't start with in the late game and there's a good chance you won't find them unless you restrict yourself to Sif.
I have no book luck.
>>
>>145048630
Tm starting book contains a form that does more damage than a +9 vorpal triple sword.

Maybe try playing the game instead of complaining about nonissues.
>>
>>145048980
How is this related to the post you're replying to?
>>
>>145048630
Just use whatever spells the dungeon gives you before that, and even if they aren't that good ice form carries you big times.
>>
>>145045520
how fix
>>
>>145048630
This really, it bothers me so much.

>>145048310
>>145048323
I dont know that I have the mental fortitude to play one of those.

>>145048532
I feel your pain. I got him on d2, so up through lair I kept a big reserve of cash in case I needed to buy food. Once I found a beehive things turned but man was it stressful.
>>
File: 1325023449603.png (11KB, 553x546px) Image search: [Google]
1325023449603.png
11KB, 553x546px
>>145049075
>divvy up XP between 2-3 spell schools for your starting spells, in addition to spellcasting
>melee gets cross-training
Oh look there's another reason.
>>
>>145049047
Tm's starting book is very good, and will carry a 3 rune.

Most of the book backgrounds are the same. (Really more like all of them, but I don't want to argue the point if you bust out some nucrawl book that's terrible or something.)
>>
>>145049448
Thread posts: 751
Thread images: 198

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.