[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 722
Thread images: 149

File: elited.png (944KB, 772x563px) Image search: [Google]
elited.png
944KB, 772x563px
neetbux imminent edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The higher population the better.
(A good system is Ray Gateway, Diaguandri)

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left alone until you have a Vulture or better.

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/
>>
rip
>>
What happened to the Star Citizen general? You can you walk around in other people's ships and fly around and stuff.
>>
>>144861993
Yeah but it doesn't have VISION.
>>
File: unimpressed.png (94KB, 260x305px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.png
94KB, 260x305px
So where are the well paying missions? I wanna grind money so I can get myself a combat conda
>>
>>144861993

Features like that only take you so far, especially when the core game is so broken.

Which is the reason why people who think walking around in your ships/stations is somehow going to make Elite so much better are fucking dumb. No amount of fluff is going to save the game if you don't improve core mechanics that bring people to the game in the first place. The AI being revamped was a step in the right direction, but it still needs polish since interdictions are still broken and the game only ever sends really high powered AI at you which can really make the game a chore.
>>
>>144863030

>I wanna grind money so I can get myself a combat conda

Save yourself the pain and don't. All it will do is make you uninstall the game. The grind for the game for you should end at a Python, and Vultures are much more effective at fighting the new AI anyways. Then just have fun I guess until eventually you get money for an Anaconda. It is literally nothing special though and you will feel like shit for wasting your time.
>>
>>144863546
Eh, I've had a Python for a while, fully outfitted for muh multipurpose too. I just want a Conda for when launchable fighters will be a thing
>>
>>144863546
Vulture is best PvE ship now?
What weapon config should I use if I have to have gimballed ?
>>
>>144863715

I'm really not trying to be a faggot and shit on your expectations, but I really wouldn't be that excited about launch fighters. It will probably be a terrible module that will weigh your ship down considerably, and will probably only be able to launch a single Condor that the AI will be able to pop in two hits due to their deadeye accuracy. I will be surprised if they allow you to launch two fighters at a time.

What would be nice is if FD made a dedicated carrier ship that could launch many fighters at once. This would actually break the ship linearity of the ship progression and start introducing dedicated logistic/support ships that would encourage people to wing up. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

>>144863786

Don't take my word for it, I played VERY little of the new update, but I found that the Anaconda was woefully ineffective at fighting the new AI. They were simply too fast and could use their agility to make sure that would would never get your gimbals on them for more than a brief instant. The only way I could imagine using the Annie for PVE is using Engineer mods to give yourself a very strong alpha strike so that the AI would have very little time to react. Turrets would probably help too.

I used a Vulture with 2 gimbaled pulse and found it pretty fun. Invest in the strongest thrusters you can find. Put some hull reinforcement on it and have a SCB with you.
>>
>>144865276
A carrier ship would be fucking great, like you said it would make wings actually fun, just jumping into a system and your mates get in the fighters and go fuck shit up would be great. Shame we'll never ever get it. Never ever.
>>
>>144861993
One is slow as shit with Vision
One is literally a scam or developed by the most money sinking people in the world.

Star Citizen devs are THOSE guys at the office that probably take a break every 20 minutes and drive off home in their audi
>>
>>144861993

Star Citizen is still slowly treading along

There's just not enough content yet to keep a worthy general up all the time
>>
I haven't played since how shit it was at launch, I played with powerplay for like 10min, my ship was broke and my lasers did no damage. Support told me to sell my weapons and buy new ones. I was pretty mad so asked if they are taking the piss, they gave me money to buy new lasers. Game was still shit so I didn't play... Maybe I should stop blogging and just get to the point

Is there stuff to do yet? I just want like combat missions and stuff, to fly around being a dick etc. I'm currently in an Eagle but I heard I got some free ship or some shit for being in beta?
>>
File: 1453680280508.jpg (142KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1453680280508.jpg
142KB, 1280x1280px
>>144866575
>not enough content
oh boy does that sound familiar.
>>
File: 1440887525623.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440887525623.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>144867553

>powerplay

There's your problem. Ftroop recently broke PowerPlay to the point where it isn't worth it in the slightest. You are constantly hounded by faction AI no matter where you go, and the simulation itself is entirely fucked to the point of no return. Powerplay is without a doubt one of the biggest blunders in the history of video game expansions, and that is no exaggeration.

>they gave me money to buy new lasers

They're desperate to keep players, holy shit.

>Is there stuff to do yet?

You can try to collect shit for engineer upgrades if you enjoy collecting mats at the whim of a RNG and then playing wheel of fortune for what upgrade you get. Otherwise the game is still pretty much the same. AI got a boost so they're much smarter now, which is either a good or a bad thing depending on who you ask.

Otherwise the game is basically the same.
>>
Are we getting our 50million or not? Was it rolled back?
>>
>>144868320

Powerplay on paper sounded like it had potential but it really does seem fucked. I just want a space game with stuff to fucking do that's fun reee. Can you at least make good dosh from piracy yet?

Also can you mod the UI yet? The mouse movement indicator they put in just before release fucking triggers me, that giant square that appears in the centre makes it so hard to keep on a target as you just obscure most of it

>>144868598

Why are you guys getting 50mil?
>>
>>144868598
13 hours
>>
File: 20160608175158_1.jpg (177KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160608175158_1.jpg
177KB, 1600x900px
>boot ED since I haven't played in a while
>go to RES to try out new AI I've heard so much about
>be Python with SCBs and all the bells and whistles
>spot mostly harmless python
>75k bounty
>not in a wing
>open fire with 3 large MCs and two med beams
>enemy python somehow parks itself on my ass
>instantly divert 4 pips to eng
>literally can't shake him
>shields down before SCB boots up
>emergency high wake out of there

what the fuck

I know I suck but seriously this is bullshit. I went from full shields to 1% hull in less than 15 seconds and never even stripped a single ring off the enemy's shields
>>
>>144869148
Did you put 4 pepes in SYS?
>>
>>144869148
IT'S LE DARK SOULS OF SPACE SIMS

GIT GUD :^)
>>
>>144869010

Piracy is, paradoxically, one of the most fun and engaging things you can do, but you often operate at a loss because the earnings you get from it are so abysmal that you often have to go into the red to replenish any ammo you used or to repair your ship. And that's assuming you even manage to steal anyone's canisters at all.

Beyond changing the colors by modifying a config file, no, you cannot mod the UI.
>>
>>144869010
Afk turreting at combat zones.
>>
>nobody compliments OC pic I made for OP
Being OP is suffering
>>
File: +rep.jpg (21KB, 1053x675px) Image search: [Google]
+rep.jpg
21KB, 1053x675px
>>144869527
Sorry senpai, I've gotten so jaded to my existence I didn't even notice. But I really like it <3
>>
>>144869148

The AI is supposed to scale with difficulty. I think the intention is for harmless/mostly harmless to have stayed at the same difficulty as pre-patch. I have found that Ftroop has no idea how to balance a game like this, and all AI function mostly the same except with differing loadouts. Trying to take any ship larger than a Vulture into combat is almost always a death sentence unless you have the best thrusters available, best shields, military bulkheads, hull reinforcements, and turrets.
>>
>>144869148
Well the python is heralded as the worst bounty hunting ship right now. And they're not wrong, it's point was always just that that it had a massive power distributor with 3 c3 hardpoints on a medium hull. All it was good for was shooting the target dummies that were pre 2.1 NPCs. Now it's more of a multirole ship you might want to use for this and that for people that quite can't afford a good conda.
>>
>>144869813
yeah but python on python should be pretty evenly matched tho
>>
>>144869813

It used to be a decent multirole, but now it's further cemented as the next step trade ship after the T7 or T6 if you want to keep trading at outposts.
>>
>>144869750
Yeah I feel that the low rank NPCs fly the same attack patterns but just can't keep up with you since they're rocking E graded thrusters.
>>
File: fiendishhound.gif (20KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
fiendishhound.gif
20KB, 100x100px
>>144869527
>dat little gluttony fag
Right on, CMDR o7
>>
>>144869527

i saved your image for future generations, don't worry cmdr. its our equivalent of +rep

cheers

cmdr brabosocks
>>
I wonder if the dadposting will ever attact any actual dads that then think "wow this site is really nice and friendly"
>>
>>144870817
It could happen, look at how 4chan as a whole attracts retards because everyone on this site acts like a fucking mouth breathing mong.

Your tea is ready btw.
>>
>>144863030
prepare your anus for a blog:
>grind determinedly
>175 in total game hours I finally get my A-rated combat conda
>'oh cool let's see what fun I can fit into this!'
>test a fun outfit
>it's fucking useless
>get all pulse lasers
>go grind RES for that Elite combat rank
>realise what the fuck am I doing
>downgrade to an FDL, make it a fun loadout with 4 rails
>grief dads
Just do something that's fun, don't grind for an endgame ship that will eventually just let you down because the new AI will outmaneuver you.

SIRA FOR LIFE
>>
File: ayy.png (1011KB, 810x1759px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
1011KB, 810x1759px
But what makes Elite so compelling isn’t so much about the game as the experience. It’s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through what’s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and it’s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your ship’s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare – these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining – not so much. But it’s ok, we’re not going anywhere.
>>
>>144872368
Do we have to see this every single thread?
>>
File: 1446071096720.jpg (433KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
1446071096720.jpg
433KB, 1500x999px
>>144872368
>>
File: rep.png (1KB, 140x88px) Image search: [Google]
rep.png
1KB, 140x88px
>>
>>144872540
This is a dead thread so I'll let you in on a secret

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/17/best-space-games/4/
>>
File: 1431312864376.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431312864376.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUh6qV7biB0
>>
>>144865276
>gimballed pulse
fixed is more fun though (and higher dmg), unless maybe you're looking to grind RES daily, I'm currently in a trade/etc Asp but isn't the Vulture as or more manoeuvrable than a Cobra?
>>
>>144873821

I really have no idea about which is more agile, but it's a very trivial difference, and the punch the Vulture packs more than makes up for it. The Cobra is much faster though and quite tanky for its size, so it can usually break off if it needs to.
>>
>>144873765
Didn't think player base was big enough to make shit like this
>>
File: you're a funny guy.jpg (60KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
you're a funny guy.jpg
60KB, 300x300px
>>144873765
>forumdads discover vintage downfall meme
>exume it to make their own unfunny version like a million unfunny versions before wasn't enough
Might as well tell them about cackling toothless spaniard.
>>
>>144874431
>Dads discover memes
Please no
>>
>>144871486
Can the FDL work for piracy?
Are the internal slots enough?
>>
>>144874568
>he doesn't know
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76212
>>
So I realized I grinded to a max kitted vulture with 30 million and a fully kitted exploring ASP to spare and then quit the game, without ever engaging any players. I think I'd like to try some piracy or maybe just kill some older men. Any tips for this?
>>
File: formk.png (38KB, 1269x167px) Image search: [Google]
formk.png
38KB, 1269x167px
Who said dads were casuals?
>>
>>144875332
All this unfunny shit
>Look, wive's son, i posted a myhm!
>>
File: 1366308545680.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1366308545680.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
>>144875332
>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76212
Ahahaha, there's that butthurt Bowie fangirl posting Bowie portraits all of the sudden amongst all the facebook memery.

Golden.
>>
>>144873821
>fixed

Fixed weapons are cancer. I cannot fucking use them to save my life. Even though I fly a vulture. ESPECIALLY anything that has a travel time.
>>
>>144876332
You just have to practice using them a little. For 2 fixed beams to your vulture and fight stuff for an hour or two. They get much easier to use over time.
>>
>>144876858
>beams
Why not pulse?
Or railguns
>>
>>144876332
Pulse and every other laser is hitscan though,so why intentionally do lower dmg plus be vulnerable to chaff?
>>
>>144877146
I don't think Vulture can handle rail guns, too power hungry
>>
>>144877938
Because I'm shit at aiming them and miss a lot.

Imma go practice with fixed pulse lasers on my vulture now.
>>
I'm at 9% rank4 for for that fsd granny engineer. Roughly how much more exploration data do I need for rank 5?
>>
>>144878836
Trip to the center and back on fuel-efficiency mode should do it
>>
>>144878074
Sorry I missed that part, I was curious about the better hardpoint placement on the Vulture though, it's supposed to be pretty nice.
>>
>>144878836
At exactly the same point, ~3M was for 1-5 so guessing maybe half that or less.
>>
>>144876332

Are fixed weapons still objectively not worth using even if you can aim?
>>
>>144878074
>>144879238
>fit fixed pulse lasers
>go to a low RES for some ezmodo target practice
>enemy power play npcs spawn on me while im fighting a DBE
>DBE dies so fucking slowly because lack of damage uptime compared to gimballed

yeah fixed can go suck a dick.
>>
Any speculations about E3 announcements are Frontiers even going?
>>
>>144880567
New season of CQC tournaments.
>>
ded
>>
>>144880743

>cqc tournaments

They need to completely delete all mentions of CQC and powerplay from the forums and wipe them from the game and pretend they didnt happen. I cant think of any other updates in any game that were as useless and made the game worse as those.
>>
>>144884262
I would play CQC/Arena if there was a game mode for multi crew and it was something like capital ship vs capital ship or maybe capital ship vs (what ever number would be balanced) FDL's.
>>
>>144869750
unironically get good. seriously, the AI is more difficult but its not by a long shot impossible to engage in ships larger than a vulture

quit memeing
>>
>>144886359
It's kind of ridiculous how a courier/viper mk iv can take shields down from a cutter/vette tho. FDEv needs to balance damage/defense in favor of big ships and not the other way around. It's been like that throughout elites lifespan and it's just more apparent now.
>>
>>144886684
i don't have any qualms with smaller ships winning against larger ships but i agree right now they're outputting too much damage. the AI wench gave a lot of them inaccurate damage for weapon size and class
>>
>>144880567
Character creation that should have been along side multi crew. I mean what the fuck, the character creation is useless by itself but it's one major updates the expansion has.

>planetary landing
>engineers
>character creation???
>multi crew
>ship launched fighters
>land on lava planets?
This shit should have been on the planetary landing update
>>
I think I want to try some pvp piracy. Is that even possible? Im in LHS 3447, ready to go. If I were to interdict someone, would the cops just show up immediately? Also, are interdictions illegal, or am I fine until I engage?
>>
>>144887206
Why the fuck would the do character creation before anything else?
There wouldn't even be a way to look at yourself.
They should have done multi-crew first, have everyone walk in helmets, and then worry about face creation. I guess there were reasons...
>>
>>144887206
>>land on lava planets?
hahaha no
>>
>>144886684
Yeah, but it's a weird thing to try and balance. On the one hand I want to be able to have any ship be viable, I lament the fact that I cannot use an Imperial Eagle because it wouldn't dent anything worthwhile. On the other hand I don't want to be fucked over in my Anaconda by some dick in a Viper.

I think what Frontier needs to do is add some form of upgrade system for ships. Like Engineers but not dogshit and you can do it with credits. For instance, spending 100,000,000 to overhaul an Imperial Eagle or any low tier ship and give it tier 8/7/6/whatever slots to make it viable to use on a larger basis. The one thing I hate about the game is the clicker game-esque system of grind for this ship, then grind in that ship for this other ship. I hate abandoning ships, especially when you form a sentimental attachment to them through adverse conditions.

The game sorely needs depth and I think one of the ways to start with that is by making it so the player can turn any ship into a ship they can own forever. I loved my type-9 but the jump range is shit, let me spend my credits to upgrade it's slots to higher tiers.
>>
>>144887427
Interdictions are a 200 or 400?? credit fine.
It won't work. Every traderdad runs away and every sensible person just combat logs.

You can try some hardcore roleplaying and they might play along with you. If you are trying to be a dick just kill them so they don't get to run away.
>>
>>144887427
>is it illegal to interdirect
If they're not wanted yes
>do cops show up
I wouldn't know. Sidewinders I killed in Ervate died too fast for me to find out
>>
>>144887798
t-tier 8 slots on an imp eagle?
>>
>>144888041
It was just an example, I just hate the fact that ships rapidly become useless, and to progress further you have to abandon your shipfu's.
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
>>144887739
It would be cool for 5 min
>>
>>144888585
Brabo said something like "we don't know if lava planets will be availabe during season 2, can't promise that" during his recent leddit AMA.

Don't get your hopes up.

Nice dad joke btw.
>>
>>144888914
What the fuck are they doing in that studio all day?
>>
>>144889176
masturbatory self-congratulation
>>
>>144889176
Planet coaster.
>>
Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to lave tomorrow.
>>
>>144887903
>>144887819
well damn, that was easier than expected once I ditched the piracy part. Melted two sidewinders, but this wasn't nearly as satisfying as I would have thought.
I'll go into character and confuse them a little from now on
>>
>>144890530
>but this wasn't nearly as satisfying as I would have thought
Summarized the entire game right there
>>
Do I grind for 4 hours to rank up once to get FAS or just spend the money on a vulture?
>>
File: 1428788014184.jpg (154KB, 1451x822px) Image search: [Google]
1428788014184.jpg
154KB, 1451x822px
Don't die yet
>>
guys got a question,
how do i ACTUALLy rank up?
i am 100% on first empire rank (i should be outsider) but it sitll says NONE.
I see i have to do some kind of mission to actually get the rank but where do i find it?
>>
>>144895952
Naval ascension missions on mission bbs.
You have to get a good reputation with a minor faction that is aligned with the federation or the empire.

tl;dr
GRIND MISSIONS
>>
>>144888131
Agreed. I love my DBS, it's like a space attack helicopter. But two mediums and two small hard points combined with little in the way of shields or armor, it just doesn't cut it anymore. I've since upgraded to a Vulture, but it just feels...soulless.

I'd easily drop a couple million Brabenbux to upgrade individual hardpoints and modules.
>>
File: 359320_20160607230122_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
359320_20160607230122_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>144895952
You have to do a special ascension mission, if you can find it. They used to be called "Naval ascension opportunity" now they are sort of hidden and disguised like the screenshot.
>>
File: 1318804615655.jpg (81KB, 562x453px) Image search: [Google]
1318804615655.jpg
81KB, 562x453px
>Its the older demographic that are the sensible ones. Why? Because they actually remember what it was like to play old video games, that were you know pretty hard in most cases.

>Players these days don't have a clue, they want everything on a plate and they want it now, because they are self entitled.

avoid the forums if you don't want to give yourself a stroke
>>
>>144898038
Goddam it, now I'm mad.

I don't want to be handed everything on a plate. I just want Ftroop to FIX THEIR GODDAMN GAME LIKE THEY'RE BEING PAID TO. LAZY ASS BONGS I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
>>144898038
>attempting to argue with the dads

there's no point tbqh, they harp on and on about "posting constructive criticism" but when you actually do they just dog pile it with illogical fallacies.

Now i'm just shitposting to see how long till i get banned
>>
I'm honestly convinced that some of these "dads" are really paid shills doing damage control for fdev.

There's no way some of these people actually believe what they're saying, the lack of self awareness is amazing
>>
is Imperial Courier worth buying for anythnig?
it seems kinda meh
>>
>>144901271
It is meh, it's okay for a fun little fighter, other than that it's shit. Which is unfortunate desu senpai as I would really like to use it for LRS.
>>
>>144901452
i am close to 12-13 mil credits so i am thinking which ship is actually useful and fun...
i am just doing missions in ASP explorer so far.
It is good thanks to jump range but ugh... i want some fucking edgy ship
>>
>>144902070
guess i should've gone with federation
>>
File: Elite Dangerous Core (5).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elite Dangerous Core (5).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>3k Ly from Sol
>first one to discover the planet
>found this
>>
File: Elite Dangerous Core (6).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elite Dangerous Core (6).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>144905629
Also there is this pyramid shaped mountain inside the biggest crater on the planet
>>
>>144905846
it's aliums mang
>>
Sothis still giving decent pay?
>>
>>144907142
Depends on what your definition of decent pay is.
>>
>>144907579
I just want to know how much average you can get per mission, and the trader rank you might need to get it.
>>
>>144908072
Last time I was there, a few days ago now, I was getting some 8,000,000cr missions, cargo requirements were mostly 70+ though so you can't take many. I was entrepreneur at the time.
>>
>>144905629
this shit is stupid, over 1-2k Ly they should just turn it off

>jumping along a series of undiscovered systems
>USS appears, contains a ship wreck
>about to jump out and a rescue conda appears

its undiscovered but apparently the coastguard leaves no man behind
>>
https://coriolis.io/outfit/fer_de_lance/4pktfFalidpsif30x1b1b1b1b040404040404B25e5e2o24.AwRj4yNZiA==.CwBhGYzAmXYRkUkjjCA=?bn=FDL

How can I improve this?
>>
>>144905629
are those new ground textures anon?
>>
What happens if you try and fly into a planets atmosphere without Horizons?
>>
>>144914990
magical wall
>>
>>144914990
The game grinds to a halt and switches to Frontier's shop page where a short trailer for Horizons plays and Braben's CGI head floats around and asks for your credit card information.

If you decline, every Forumdad in the vicinity is notified and added to your friend list where they will tell nonstop anecdotes about how much they like forcing their children to watch them play..
>>
>>144914990
this >>144915298
but its currently bugged so magical wall
>>
Is Horizons worth getting yet?
>>
>>144920059
no

literally all you get are planetside stations that do the same thing as orbital stations, boring off-roading and infinite grind rngneers
>>
>>144875572

You might think combat would be a real bitch in a Sidey but it's the trading that'll be the end of this guy.
>>
>>144877146
>>144878051

Huge waste of 2xC3HP too.
>>
>>144879461
>implying time off target
>fly Vulture
>spend 100% of the time so far up the enemy's tailpipe my ship needs to be surgically removed afterward
>>
>>144920059
Fuck no. Engineers is a complete bust and landing on planets is still a shit fest. I don't understand how people play this game still. There's fuck all to do

>Log in because want to fly my Cutter
>Realize that I don't want to sit through five loading screens to do the same thing I was doing a year ago
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUh6qV7biB0
>>
>>144929815
>NPC AI then uses ai cheats to turn on a dime while boosting away and corkscrewing behind you and popping chaff in a python/anaconda

what now
>>
>>144929906
this was already posted

but it's good to see this video getting views
>>
>>144929930
just put pips into sys
>>
>>144929930

Except they don't. They're a bit better now about allocating pips to engines, managing their blue zone and/or using boost + lateral thrust to tighten their turning circle but they are literally incapable of the sort of boost-and-invert FA-Off maneuvers any competent player can do. You can even exploit their power management to alpha them as soon as you see their engines flare up for a boost turn because they're not keeping pips in SYS during that.

Also,
>fixed weapons
>chaff

gitgud4srs
>>
>>144929853
>I don't understand how people play this game still.

Give it time. People are checking out the update, but a month from now there will be 1.5k people online. (so basically Mobius)
>>
>>144929930
It's like this. The AI doesn't use the handling specs that players do, their limitations are in their AI package. The problem is that at some point when initially programming them, a certain someone just copy/pasted the specs from the first ship to speed things along. The first ship of course is the Freewinder. Now as time went on, she probably forgot she did that and has been messing with behaviors and "pattern recognition" instead and has no idea what anyone means when they say the AI is cheating, because like much of the Frontier staff, she of course has never played the game. Of course, on the other hand, maybe she did go back and change those specs to what they should have been and some other dev just took them out without telling anyone. It has happened before and more than once.
>>
>>144929930
>>144930807

The AI can't actually even turn off flight assist. Everything it does is with FA on.

What it does have that humans don't is inhuman control and awareness of its surroundings. For example the AI can time pip management perfectly and knows exactly where you are in relation to them even if you're out of view from their canopy.
>>
>>144930807
>Except they don't

Different anon here. I seldom log in any longer, but every time I do I watch NPCs pull off shit maneuvers like that

>Engage a wanted Deadly ranked Asp Explorer in a vulture
>Get on his tail
>He rotates in place and five seconds later is staring me down firing at my face

I'm fully aware of the capabilities of the Asp E as I've used it for very many hours, and I know it's not capable of rotating in place like that in the middle of combat.
>>
when does PP end? 3 hours?
>>
File: 18_Starchart.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
18_Starchart.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: Despair.jpg (107KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Despair.jpg
107KB, 1600x1143px
>>144936062
>What could have been
>>
>>144936062
>>144936320
No shit. This is so much better than what we ended up getting.
>>
>>144936320
>>144936062
I held hope for awhile that they would put out the orrery view, but I know now that they are too incompetent to make it work
>>
>>144936320
I feel like the entire game is one giant "what could have been" at times.
>>
So uhh, anyone interested in the Formidine Rift story?
>>
>>144938425
It's not going to go anywhere meaningful

it never does
>>
>>144936804
>at times
>not all the time
>>
>>144938628
b-but it's supposed to be something scarier than Thargoids
>>
>>144938793
This disaster of an update is scarier then the thargoids
>>
File: 1321447165296.jpg (35KB, 429x468px) Image search: [Google]
1321447165296.jpg
35KB, 429x468px
>>144938930
true
>>
>>144938930
I just want some cool mysterious story thing to ponder and discuss like the unknown artefacts were when they first popped up, but it seems the Formidine Rift stuff is dead in the water until we get nudged in the right direction or someone randomly stumbles across something.

Speaking of the unknown artefacts I was pretty fucking disappointed when I found out the noises they make are just a coded line art of a nearby ship. There's more to their story I'm sure but still.
>>
>>144938425
Yeah dude, i've been delving into the story hardcore

but i concur with >>144939443 , even drew himself said we have to wait for the story to develop further since currently its a needle in 400 billion star haystack. biding my time and watching galnet i suppose
>>
>>144941214
Drew posted April 25th he was expecting a Galnet article to go live but it didn't show up and he didn't know why.

I think it still hasn't shown up, assuming he meant something to do with Kahina/Salome/the Rift.

It's vexing that he says it's not as simple as going and finding a POI and that's it, yet it's supposedly out there to be found now, and has been since gamma builds.
>>
>>144938425
I discovered this a couple days ago and im researching material constantly since. I did the same thing for the UA mystery and back then I came to the conclusion that whatever is related to it has to be in the orion nebula. And well, that nebula ended up getting a bunch of permit locks this patch.

As for the rift, I am not a fan of the brute force method. When i have enough leads that point me at specific systems I will go out and investigate, but not sift through the rift for months. Also i theorize that either 1) you have to play in open to get the encounter or 2) only people who have only played in open exclusively can get the encounter
>>
>>144941930
i'm guessing it's permit locked or otherwise obscured until we do something back in the core

my assumption being the old woman's message, kahina's tiara being left and its connections with ishtar; "getting permission", and the core of the problem stuff.
>>
>>144942731
>whatever is related to it has to be in the orion nebula
Care to share how you came to that conclusion? What do you make of jettisoned UAs always pointing to Merope?

>When i have enough leads that point me at specific systems I will go out and investigate, but not sift through the rift for months.
Yeah I agree 100% with this. Still I have an urge to go out there just for something to do. Then again I haven't logged in since Powerplay. I don't even own Horizons...

>1) you have to play in open to get the encounter or 2) only people who have only played in open exclusively can get the encounter
I dunno about that. That seems like quite a stretch, especially #2.

>>144942742
>my assumption being the old woman's message, kahina's tiara being left and its connections with ishtar; "getting permission", and the core of the problem stuff.
Well if you interpret it that way, Salome as Ishtar, permission has already been granted, since she has already removed her tiara and passed the first gate.
>>
>>144943525
Orion, the hunter, is linked to the Pleiades, particularly merope. Orion 'pursues' merope, he basically looks on to the pleiades. The UAs are his eyes with which he looks upon the sisters, so to speak. Merely probes of course, but it does give a very strong lead to the orion nebula. There are more connections, odysseus, for example, but that lead nowhere. I concluded that the leads just end at the orion nebula. Shortly after Horizons came out and when the barnacles were found they have that symbol depicting the orion nebula as it looks from about as far away as the pleiades are to it. I don't think theres more to this yet, or maybe whatever new they put in has not been discovered yet. What did change is that we now have a whole lot of permit locked systems over there.

I'm really just working on the engineers right now, once I get a FSD grade 5 upgrade on my conda, I will be ready to try the trip.

As for your third point, this is something that fdev has promoted since the beginning of the game. The rewards for being the first elite and triple elite player were only eligible to those who have never once played in anything but open play. Fdev still constantly and always says for each of their employees that they only play in open. So here we have the statement "Whether it is found or not depends entirely on who goes looking.". It strongly implies that there are people who quite literally can't find it. Or perhaps the wording was just too ambigious. But the thought is in the back of my head and this would mean i don't qualify.
>>
>>144943525
Right, but as far as that extends to us and the players finding it, that means we need to get "permission" too. And with how many permit locked systems there are, it makes me think some sort of event needs to occur in the core for us to properly be able to explore the mystery of the Rift.

/autism
>>
>>144944595
>It strongly implies that there are people who quite literally can't find it. Or perhaps the wording was just too ambigious.
I hope it was just ambiguous. Promoting open-play and locking what I would consider important story content to it are two extremely different things.

>they have that symbol depicting the orion nebula
Personally I think it matches the Large Magellanic Cloud quite well, but I haven't seen it compared to the Orion nebula.

>>144944715
I know a lot more permit locked systems popped up with 2.1, but I haven't heard of anyone spotting any in the area we think the Rift occupies.

Drew's said there's no rank requirement to find whatever it is, but I just re-read this and had a thought:

>How might certain player groups who may or may not be patrolling the rift improve their efforts?

>I'd suggest following Michael Brookes' advice and put some guns on your exploration vessel!

What if it's some kind of encounter or signal source that only triggers if your ship is armed? Then again, with the Children of Raxxla out there patrolling I'm sure there's at least a few armed ships.
>>
I plan to have a basic setup for combat on my conda when I go there, it's not a big deal, the weapons aren't all that massive and maybe I'll have to do 10 more jumps total on the way there but who cares about that eh. It doesn't necessarily mean that we will be fighting against ships, but it could be something like a cargo rack that you shoot open to make it drop its contents, you can't do that with ramming.

However we know that this thing to be found has been in the game since before it released fully. That means the game mechanics involved come down to what was possible then. So here we're looking at either (a)signal sources,(b) a playership used by an affiliate or employee at fdev - similar to salome, i dont know what the deal is with salome and fdev but if they go through the trouble of having an actual human interact with the community like this it is not far fetched to think that the same player that plays salome is waiting for someone to arrive in the system we're looking for. Or (c), something waiting to be found like the voyager 2 probe. It is not on your radar until you get close enough and so it is entirely possible that the system has already been completely scanned including every moon during the brute force method but missed the important piece, something, that is simply much more likely to be found if you manage to figure out the mystery through the clues.
>>
>>144946247
Wow, now we have genuine canonn dads here.

Calm down your autism and just wait for ftroop to point you good sirs to your "mystery".
>>
File: best update.png (16KB, 699x89px) Image search: [Google]
best update.png
16KB, 699x89px
oh leddit
>>
File: exciting.png (82KB, 311x395px) Image search: [Google]
exciting.png
82KB, 311x395px
>>144913402
>Nothing but Gimbals
>Nothing but Shield boosters
>SCB's with no heat sinks

Nigger the fuck you doing. The new AI spam chaff like nobody's business, get some fixed weapons. Also the engineers made multi-cannons op, so keep that in mind. You need to have heat sinks if you are using shield banks, and chaff is never a bad idea.

>Docking computer
Learn to fly your ship.
>>
>>144946247
I'm not sure I like that there is a player Salome. From what I hear it's actually just a player. Maybe it is someone that works at FD just doing it in their spare time, but Drew's said that the player Salome doesn't have any special abilities and is limited by everything any player is limited by. Meaning she can't teleport around the galaxy. She also moves between open/solo/private group mode, and should only be considered in character when in open.

I wonder what they would do if someone found her in open and killed her.

I doubt the thing to be found is something like a probe or some NPC, that seems to similar to a simple POI which we've been told isn't correct.
>>
>>144913402
What are you going to use it for? RES grind?
Take fixed beam at least so you can do damage when the enemy pops chaff.

>>144898038
Visit the gulag only for hilarious screen caps of logical fallacies and dad level insanity.
>>
>>144946971
Well, we know what to look for in terms of clues. It's gonna be in that reclamation thing, but all the clues have been extracted from that, so now we are left with galnet and then relevant folklore and mythology related to the terms coming up there. I'm not moving out until I have some sort of theory what the 'core of the problem' means and which galnet articles are actually related to it. I'm not sure about the Halsey stuff
>>
>>144947649
Do you think there's any connection to the Emperor's marriage and illness?
>>
>>144946873
gimbals are great for killing PP, and you can just un-target and use them like fixed when ai chaffs
>>
>>144947959
The only thing i can tie to this is some statement given that when we find whats in the rift, it will 'spread out really fast'. Sounds like a virus or disease kinda thing. Or just news. Ambiguous again. I do think that all of these events are there for a reason, since each article is some writers task for his assigned storyline. Can of course be only a leadup to the emperor race through power play, too. I wouldn't rule out the article anyhow.
>>
>>144860847
I like you OP
>>
File: 20160606214429_1.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160606214429_1.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_assault_ship/2pktkFflndpsif41epa1b1b04040l004a5j33f36b0e.AwRj4yqA.IwBhrSutiA==?bn=Federal%20Enforcer

Is my build a shit?

>inb4 gimbals

I'm a lazy fuck and i don't feel like actually gitting gud, i just want to grind RES and have fun making cash.
>>
>>144948817
Notbad/10
The only thing I would change is get a bi-weave and swap out one of the boosters for a heat sink. Your shields are already so low that the boosters will only slow down the recharge time.
Why did you choose a frag over MC?
>>
File: when the vision kicks in.gif (976KB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
when the vision kicks in.gif
976KB, 300x172px
>>144875332
>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76212
A new breed of froumdads
>>
File: 20160606215612_1.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160606215612_1.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>144949274
Because frags are fun, and i love seeing that hull percentage drop when i land all three shots at close range.
>>
If I wanted to actually attempt piracy, should I aim for NPCs or players?

I'm currently sitting in a FAS with 35 million cash float so I can afford a couple of deaths.

page 10 bump
>>
I dont entirely understand Horizons, what exactly do I get if I buy it? Is it just the ability to fly down to barren planets and drive a scarab around?
>>
>>144954163
You can grind RNGineer upgrades for your ship!
Don't buy it.
>>
>>144954043
Players can and will just boost away or combat log.
>>
>>144954278
Are NPC cargo hold contents random or do they correspond to their rank and/or ship?
>>
>>144931516
Yeah, it can. Most ships can. Reverse throttle in the blue zone and you can flip over easily in the face of a pursuer. They can't go all the way around the outside of your turn circle when you flip this way.
>>
Did 4chan die for an hour?
>>
>>144946971
>>144947649
Most likely, all of this shit isn't actually turned on in the game yet. fdev wants things to move at their pace. Like the UA's, they didn't point at Merope until 2.0 and even though fdev said there were barnacles there since Horizons came out, not a single one was found with people scouring those planets day and night until an hour after a patch hit.

So for Raxxla, the rift, whatever, it will be undiscoverable and not active in game until someone gets close or fdev decides it's time and then suddenly there will be a random patch that fixes fuck all (and maybe moves jacques station) and everyone will find suddenly find it right there in the open.

This is the laziest way to run a story, half the people are going to lose interest before anything is revealed.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 559x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 559x363px
Right on CMDRs! o7
>>
>>144960485
aww yiss
>>
>>144954043
If you want to actually pirate players have a pre-prepared message ready to paste into the chat box and do it in something like a Cutter that will mass lock retards otherwise people will just boost or log out.
>>
/edg/
What are the best ways to gain faction ranks post-2.1? I loathe the idea of doing 800+ missions just to get my Corvette or Cutter.
>>
Whats the best way to earn money in this game? A friend just bought it against my advice and he wants a better ship. I think we should just do trade routes or missions in the starting systems for the fun of being interdicted, but hes not feeling that idea.
>>
>>144961958
none, welcome to elite dangerous brabogelion
You can(not) gain ranks

>>144962687
smuggling missions
>>
>weapon numbers deobfuscated
>maneuverability rating still exists
Is there a current compiled database of all the ships or do I need to start running tests myself?
>>
File: 1464311272896.png (1MB, 900x4241px) Image search: [Google]
1464311272896.png
1MB, 900x4241px
>>144962904
asp is the best ship
>>
>>144962850
is the robigo run still viable? Surely thats been nerfed? I havent played since last year
>>
File: visiond.png (301KB, 390x510px) Image search: [Google]
visiond.png
301KB, 390x510px
>>144963053
dunno, there is significant boost to minimum mission cargo and there is 20 max missions limit

but the long range missions are still there
you just have to have enough vision to bear through it

pic related captcha
>>
>>144963053
Theres trading that requires more cargo, but is even MORE profitable than Robigo per tonne. Without the NPC's interdicking you. I just made 70mil a run!
>>
File: 20160609095326_1.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160609095326_1.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>144963453
Holy fuck where is this goddamn millitary intellegence I've searched like 20 unidentified signal sources
>>
>>144964975
They made them more complex. Go scan the nav beacon in the system. It'll point you to a planet. Orbit the planet until a special blue USS shows up. If you're unlucky, pirates will show up in the middle of your scooping adventure. Also depending on how far away the USS is from the planet, your scoopables can be falling towards the planet.
>>
>>144965520
how the fuck do you scan a nav beacon
>>
>>144965586
Just get up in its instance and target it and fly up to it. It'll do it automatically. Try not to get your ass eaten by all the pirates hanging out next to it.
>>
File: 20160609100646_1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160609100646_1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>144965520
Thanks m80
>>
File: 20160609104209_1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160609104209_1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>144965973
Motherfucker that mission didn't make me rank up. Goddamn it.
>>
Does anyone actually play CQC i've been sat here for about 7 years now trying to find a match
>>
>>144968614
They will be disguised like >>144896662
. They will still mention "Imperial Navy" or whatever navy. The two missions I managed to find did anyway.
>>
>>144968614
Of course it, didn't you have to do like 2 or 3. They wouldn't realistically expect you to be worthy after one good deed!
t. brabo and the design boyz

>>144968640
No. The Beta had a total of 150 players and the released CQC hit like 500 for the first week
>>
>>144963009
>mfw there is nothing in between vulture and python except shitty ass orca for players without imperial/federal rank

>getting rank is now absolute hell

fuck
>>
>>144970706
This is why I made sure to grind out Rear Admiral and Duke before the update. Of course this means that I now have zero reason to play the game any longer.
>>
>>144968640

No. Just like Powerplay, it's a terrible mess that no one gives a single shit about. I actually sat for about an hour trying to find a match to no luck. Just more dev time they pissed away instead of polishing the game.
>>
Why the fuck are there no planetary based community goals? It would be nice to see other people actually going in and out of the planet stations.
>>
>>144970706

Orca is really fun to fly if you give absolutely no shit about anything else. Will also be pretty comfy if walking around ships comes out.
>>
>>144973209
They thought the combat oriented pvp griefers and adhd-shooter-fans would like it...
>>
>>144973228
Because a total of one thousand people have Horizons, so they probably don't want to alienate the other three thousand people that don't have it.
>>
>>144973228
Because poor fags would start crying "le Jew devs lock events behind DLC"
>>
>>144973365

Ever since I saw that reasoning way back last year before Horizons was even, well, on the horizon, I began to question what in fuck's holy name was seriously going through Sandro's head.

>people are complaining about muh grieffers and muh carebears
>lets give the pvp crowd an off game shithead so they can fuck off and stop complaining

It's too bad too, because a lot of CQC looks pretty damn cool.

Fighting around stations? In derelict zones? Large wreckage fields? Just above a planetary atmosphere? Now why the fuck don't we actually have this IN THE ACTUAL GOD DAMN GAME instead of a complete separate mode that they shit out and everyone forgot about literally a month later?

Why don't they use their fucking love of RNG and create missions that generate random small outposts in deadspace that you are tasked with flying to and destroying? Or docking and rescuing a hostage? Why not have a RNG big ass station that gets generated as a WING mission that you have to wing up with to have any hope of completing, where you have to fight off the security and then destroy key structures around the station to cripple it and then destroy it, to foster people to play in open or atleast to wing up? Why the fuck did they take these ideas and butcher them in another mode that they clearly had no idea how to design?

I really hope atleast Sandro is happy with what he's doing. I should send a letter to Ftroop personally thanking him for single handedly ruining the game.
>>
>>144973351
I was under the impression that orca was a garbage fluff ship though.
>>
>>144974773
You already have to wing up to have any hope of completing a mission that takes place at a +++ planetary outpost, given that they are now patrolled by constantly respawning system security ships.
>>
>>144974773
>Why the fuck don't we actually have this in the actual god damn game

Because Frontier are full of incompetence. Look at what order they're developing everything. They included worthless weapon upgrades prior to having significant content in their damn game.
>>
>>144976398
They should have had a way to gain rep for every engineer without making useless mods, and then made those mods static with zero RNG, and increased the materials required to get them. Yeah we'd have the grind but RNG wouldn't fuck us at the last minute that way.

Oh an add some fucking module / commodity / material / data storage for fucks sake.
>>
>no pp faction is expanding for two weeks now
lololo devs still can't fix the AI. I bet pp dads are mad
>>
>>144976691
powerplay folks are fucking furious, even well known community leaders are coming out and saying they fdev fucked it all up.
>>
>>144976691

>trying at all to fix pp

I stand by my statement that they should just scrap it and start over. The whole concept of PP is total fucking garbage and not even adamant roleplaying redditors that spend literal hours upon hours trying to coordinate and rein in retards that do nothing but grind merits hate it.
>>
>>144976691
NPCs have been fucked up for a very long time now. Nobody significant noticed it though because of their retarded death spirals. And it wasn't obvious until plasma accelerators were being rapid fired.
>>
>>144976691
what happened to the AI cunt after the three little piggies incident
>>
>>144960391
If it's bugged it's bugged. But it is supposed to be here and this is made clear through official statements.
>>
>>144960391
Just woke up, but yeah. That's what happened to me with the UA story, I got bored as fuck waiting for it to develop.

I only learned about the ship line art decoded from the sounds and them pointing at Merope well after the fact, when I got curious again and looked for new info on the forums.
>>
>>144979032

Nothing. What did you expect them to do?
>>
How's that cash money reward looking for PP?
>>
>>144982440
Make a fun game

but that is apparently asking for too much
>>
>>144984108
Got mine, 50 m as expected.
>>
>>144984807
I'll have to check when I get off work. I raised 40k merits. Lets see if I'll get all 200m in a couple weeks.
>>
>>144860847
i feel op pic should be an animated gif with the furry winking
>>
File: 1465452690012.jpg (84KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
1465452690012.jpg
84KB, 803x790px
who /KWA/ here?
>>
>>144974773
I'm a pvp griefer asshole and I do like it tho
>>
>>144986737
oh sorry thought you were talking about the better npc's and not the cqc shitfest

incidentally I sort of like the cqc shitfest too but that wasn't my point
>>
>you will never be this autistic
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uPoL_ylM-ELUZxMEFFWlZKQlE/view
>>
>>144986891
cqc got fucked with 2.1 they "rebalanced" it to make it so that the higher unlocks are flat out upgrades to the lower level stuff which defeats the point of an arena mode.
>>
>>144987009
that's kind of cool someone put that together for vidya t b h
>>
File: Euphoricman.png (36KB, 162x160px) Image search: [Google]
Euphoricman.png
36KB, 162x160px
>that one guy who always ends his posts with "Cheers cmdr's"
>>
>>144987226
Uhu. He sure earned his PhD in Autism.
>>
Known Forum Dad worst offenders

>Pecisk
>Ziggy Stardust
>Bacalao
>GluttonyFang

Can anyone else think of any more?
>>
>>144990651

Marc_Hicks and RedAnders are some of the most aggressive forum dads I've ever seen. They get riled up very easily if you say the game is anything short of perfect.
>>
>>144990651
Anyone who is a member of the "teabaggers" CG group.
>>
File: 1451750202474.png (221KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
1451750202474.png
221KB, 349x320px
>>144990651
>Ziggy Stardust

That guy is such a fucking smug asshole holy fuck
>>
File: 1453845463560.jpg (27KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
1453845463560.jpg
27KB, 295x295px
>>144988552
>one guy
>>
>>144990886
RedAnders is fun, he can say whatever he wants but if you respond you'll get a dev or mod telling you to stop flaming.
>>
>>144990651
Updated

>Pecisk
>Ziggy Stardust
>Bacalao
>GluttonyFang
>Marc_Hicks
>RedAnders

any more?
>>
>another week of no CGs because muh rise to power
>>
File: 1464724395711.jpg (133KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464724395711.jpg
133KB, 720x400px
>>144991083
He's actually hilarious.

He's shitck is being all smug, ironic and cool except he looses his temper rather quickly and turns into pissy bitchboy.

Actually, many forumdads see themselves as cool and ironic wise guys. It's a common form of delusion running through the gulag whole.
>>
>>144991223
Max Factor
Bitstorm
OriginalBadBoy
Chris Simon

Those are all i can think of at the top of my head
>>
>>144991223
h347h
>>
>drop in on distress call
>pirates attacking traders
>start attacking pirates
>traders and escort open fire on me
Thanks braben
>>
will faction rep grinding ever get better? fuck, why didn't i do this pre-patch
>>
>>144992897
And the escorts chased me out of the distress call, what the fuck
>>
>>144991223
Updated list of infamous Forum dads

>Pecisk
>Ziggy Stardust
>Bacalao
>GluttonyFang
>Marc_Hicks
>RedAnders
>Max Factor
>Bitstorm
>OriginalBadBoy
>Chris Simon
>h347h

This list is getting big...
>>
>>144993190
>This list is getting big...
Are you surprised?
>>
>>144993319
sadly, no
>>
>>144993478
The surprising bit is more how short the list is so far.
>>
>very rare material from a 10ly data transport mission
Thank you vision
>>
>>144993572
I'm sure theres more

I just felt like making a list of them, since it's always the same repeat offenders shitposting in every thread.

they go on and on about how "people should just make constructive criticism instead of just whining :^)" then proceed to shitpost and derail every thread that tries to do so.

it's always the same people, and i'm just sick of seeing it.
>>
I'm convinced from a design perspective that supercruise is the wrench in the cog of this entire game. Supercruise is the primary reason the game is empty with nothing to do. Incompetence is the secondary reason of course, that and not enough $$$ from kickstarter
>>
>>144994287
Well back in their day they enjoyed space sandboxes and weren't entitled enough to demand insignificant things like working mechanics, interesting progression and balanced varied gameplay. You shouldn't expect these things as ED is a game thats never been done before by anyone and no one else is even trying to do and you get far more from your $5 spent on ED and all expansions than a $200 Call of battlefield!
>>
>>144993572
Those are just the WORST offenders

if we were to try and document every single one of them the games "10 year plan" would be finished
>>
>>144994654
ironic dad posting is still dad posting
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=258294&page=14

>people are actually voting no to this
>>
>>144994931
Typical of modern whiners to presume any defence of Frontier Developments masterpiece is just "ironic dadposting", my wife couldn't believe it when I told her haha
>>
>>144995157
What does your wife's son think of this update?
>>
are the serbs taking a huge shit right now? my FSD has been taking forever and mission boards fail 2/3 times
>>
>>144991223
Windscreen Smudge.
>>
>>144994287
I swear that these faggots spend more time shit posting on the forums then they do playing the fucking game they're doing damage control for.

They're always on, even in the middle of the day
>>
>>144995241
Jamal loves the update! He was crying at how wonderful the artisans at Frontier were at making great content and how we were having such great fun playing together while the sounds from the speakers drowned out his father and my wifes moans!
>>
File: 1464647957665.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464647957665.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>144995553
kek
>>
>>144995553
haha right on cmdr o7

+rep
>>
File: 1438371364520.jpg (2MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1438371364520.jpg
2MB, 2400x2400px
>>144995553
>>
>>144996056
thank you CMDR, the last time I played elite was in the 80s and getting to fly in my endgame cobra MK3 again with my stepson really brings back the tears haha
>>
Anyone interested in exploration? I've done little research on payment you get for exploring.

Report by CMDR Anon
I aim at reaching Elite explorer rank, seeing that it takes 161,000,000 credits(wikia.com June 2016) to reach Elite I've decided to find out just how much time/effort it would take to get that.

I've decided to do exactly 100 jumps while exploring, 100 seemed like a nice, and large enough number to work with. I've filtered following stars:O.B,A,F and G. With those on my map I hand picked my route to reach 1000Ly for Sol, when I reached 1000Ly I stayed and explored the sector, keeping my filter. When I got to 60 planets explored I started heading back because it would take roughly 40 jumps to reach home. While exploring I used Advanced Discovery Scanner, which has infinite range, on every system of those 100 stars and I scanned every main star. That is the basics.
During the main star scan I would check system map which I got from Advanced Discovery Scanner and looked for any obvious Rich Metal Planets, Water Worlds, Earth Like Planets, Ammonia World and High Metal Content Planets. I would scan all above named planets if they were in range of 100,000 ls from me. When I got back, with exactly 100 system scans, I sold my data to Farseer Inc station on system Deciat, it is the station where engineer Felicity Farseer work. For my data I got 3114073 credits. On the side note I was Rank 2,9% with Felicity Farseer, after I sold the data it took me to Rank 4, 82%.

If you are starting from a scratch on Explorer Rank I would take you roughly 52 trips like that or 5170,of above mentioned systems, scans. Of course if you are thinking about doing it on one go you would come much further out in to the deep space, that mean you would get more bonuses for being first discoverer, giving you nice bonus. About 1/2 of the systems I scanned were already discovered.

Than concludes my report.
Cheers CMDRs! o7
>>
>>144997094
The secret to elite exploration is to hit the neutron star belts around Sag A*
>>
>>144997361
The secret is to not actually explore, because there is nothing to explore and nothing to do while exploring.
>>
>>144995081
At least the majority are being rational. Unlike previous polls that were neck and neck.
>>
>>144997491
I said the secret to elite exploration, not the secret to exploration in general.
>>
>>144997361
They land you a lot of credits? How many of those neuron stars would you need for elite?
Do the stars themselves count or whats around them?
>>
>>144997585
>elite rank

Oh, my mistake.
>>
>>144997809
You honk and detailed surface scan the neutron stars, they're worth the same as most rare bodies and crazy common in the Neutron star belt around Sag a*
>>
File: Face8.jpg (1MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Face8.jpg
1MB, 3840x2400px
>>144996152
You know, all of this character art the forumdads had done of themselves all make themselves try and look classy or badass, yet these are the same people that shit themselves soon as another hollow box shows up on radar and write teary eyed rants about how griefers need to be punished more.
>>
File: 1465445264676.png (156KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465445264676.png
156KB, 780x720px
>>144998178
I hadn't seen this. That's hilarious.
>>
Why the last 1,000? Did E:D blunder again?
>>
File: 1453669262515.jpg (3MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1453669262515.jpg
3MB, 3840x2400px
>>144998178
Have another one from the meemh archive, CMDR!
>>
>>144998149
wiki says that neuron star is worth 43,000 - 46,000 cr so detailed scanner makes 84,000 - 92,000 cr?
>>
>>144963453
a run from where may i ask? robigo still?
>>
>>144998952
On the note of the picture I don't understand why player characters continue working, if I had the sheer amount of money I have in game I'd just retire on Earth or something.
>>
File: 1453668805634.png (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453668805634.png
1MB, 1600x1000px
>>144998939
The week you were farming this shit is the week you were at rank 1. Rank 1 gives you 1000cr reward.
>>
>>144999175
Ah gotcha. Damn alright. Turns out I turned in just shy of 40k and that 50% diminishing returns fucked me over dearly. Only gonna be getting 150 million.
>>
Why can't the devs be based enough to scrap solo play and make it open only.
single player should still exist but you would have to make separate character, maybe that way ED could implement some kind of story.

Enforced open play would really improve this game. Or at lease cripple people who play on solo somehow
>>
>>144999439
because forumdads get angry when fdev suggest making powerplay have more of an impact in open and thats supposed to be the PvP part of the main game. Imagine the shitstorm if they made non PvP content open only.
>>
>>144999439
If they made system security ships jump in and shit on aggressor pirates after a few seconds of being attacked like in EVE (unless they are in an anarchy / lawless system), then I would approve.

As it is, fuck that. Open unrestrained pvp always brings out the worst in people, and getting a little bit of a bounty is not a deterrent at all.
>>
>>144999694
>If they made system security ships jump in and shit on aggressor pirates after a few seconds of being attacked

They do, if you have your emergency beacon turned on.
>>
File: 1372771336476.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1372771336476.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
>>144999148
That's the YOU ARE NOT SOME DRAGONBORN CHOSEN ONE YOU'RE JUST A LONELY NOBODY bullshit forumdads love to spout.

I'm a fucking billionaire yet I have to haul biowaste myself and can't hire some lowly plebs to do the dirty work for me.

Hmmm, makes sense, game.

Actually no, that's retarded.
>>
If my Conda is rocking all D class parts (except the FSD) and I want to make it combat-ready what would be the first thing to prioritize upgrading to see the biggest improvement?

Power Supply?
Thrusters?
Power Distributors?
>>
>>144999885
They take too long to arrive, and will always be late to the fight and one of you will be blown up. They should do what EVE does and take 10 seconds or so to arrive in high security, 20 seconds in medium, 40 in low, and never in anarchy / lawless.
>>
>>144999913
Assuming you aren't lacking power because of a shit power plant and can actually use your weapons....

Shield > Thrusters > Power Plant > Distributor
>>
>>144999901
The game has very little internal consistency and the players constantly reinforce that lack of consistency by shooting down anything and everything. It has contributed to making ED the poor man's space simulator. The only reason the game gets any traffic is because it's the only one on the market that is "released".
>>
>>145000073
They're simulating the time it takes for ships to arrive at your wake in supercruise. What's wrong CMDR, don't like the 6 second shuffle?
>>
>>144998178
the best part of that picture is adding context. He's walking away from the pad, the ship is flying, so hes not its pilot, and its landing gear is up suggesting its just taken off. So either his ship just got stolen or hes a landing pad assistant whos taking a 'badass' spacebook profile pic
>>
>>144999439
Not before they make open worth playing.

ED's MP is so underdeveloped and placeholdery, the only MP interaction is shooting someone or getting shot.
>>
>>144999901
I honestly like the fact you can't become an EVE CEO or whatever, powerplay is the most I want to see in individual impact and control but the being a nobody stuff is dumb, the mission rework made some progress towards fixing it but more recognition and not being given "haul 2 biowaste for 5k cr" missions by factions sending corporate VPs out to meet me.

A "retire on Earth/Achenar/Alioth" as a prestige button would be a nice bit of progression and remove the "despite being a billionaire you're a nobody" thing, they'd just have to fix the god-awful grind first to give a reason.
>>
>>145000238
I'll have to get back to you on that when I ditch these turretted lasers. That is unless I'm better off with all turretted. See pic
>>
>>145000296
Jesus Christ, Son of God, please let No Man's Sky be good
>>
>>145000742
Why are you hyped about it, its Elite with even less progression, interaction and no multiplayer. Its basically proteus crossed with spore.
>>
>>144999901
i always wanted to buy a load of eagles, hire some rookie pilots and get them to swarm assassination targets
>>
>>145000304
I just don't like open, completely unrestrained PvP. I'm not even a forumdad, its just that I've seen this concept in HUNDREDS of other games and it has NEVER once been good. Especially for solo players that do not have a group of friends with them. Like me

>>145000706
I'm too poor to get an anaconda but my understanding is that its turn rate is so bad you basically have to use turrets to deal with the AI.
>>
>>145000848
>spore
Too soon, man.
>>
>>145001323
E:D is alot like spore actually

Unlimited potential, gone to complete waste
>>
>>145000570
>EVE CEO
Here's the forumite kneejerk.

No one is saying anything about huge player run corporations.

The fact that you are rolling in money, yet can't hire a couple of NPC haulers a la X3 simply makes no sense no matter how you are trying to spin it.
>>
>>145001415
Keeping us as unimportant guy who can hire a few haulers but not grow a large enterprise despite being absolutely loaded with cash is just as dumb though except now its inconsistent, either give us the ability to go full EVE/Eurotrucksim and create a large enterprise or just give us some lore reason why we can't.
>>
>>145000742
No Man's Sky is going to be entertaining for the first 10 hours (at best) just because it will be a new experience. Pretty much honey moon phase.
>>
>>144994287
i think the Dads are actually losing the fight though, there is more discourse on the threads now then there has ever been, and the dads can't keep up.

Almost every new thread posted usually can be summed up as:

>"hey guys, cmdr anon here. Just heard about the new update and after taking a hiatus from elite i decided to check it out. I'm really disappointed how it turned out =[ i dislike the RNG/new AI/missions are still broken/powerplay is still broken/massive grind/etc.. Hopefully Fdev can get back to us about this."

Of course the Dads will still dog pile those threads, but the point is there are more and more of them almost every day. At this point now it's a very bad image for Frontier and the game as a whole.
>>
Is this good load out for exploration Conda?
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=706,,2-3I8S9Y8S2CD88I,53c0PA5H_mpX1LU2jw2UI
Grade 5 upgrade could get me to 55 jump range
>>
>>145001415
M..maybe in guardians 2.2 they'll let us hire npc's

>tfw Guardians turns out to be a whole expansion dedicated to letting 4-5 ships launch a fighter that has a 50% chance of turning against you if you accidentally hit it and nothing more.
This is what I'm expecting now. This is my best case scenario. Worst case has some sort of grind mechanic to make the fighter work.
>>
>>145002183
Powerplay isn't just still broken, they completely destroyed it for people who were actually interested in it beyond a grind too so now literally no one likes powerplay.
>>
>>145002321
We're not getting shuttles for large ships from Guardians so I can't see it being anything else
>>
>>145002321
I imagine multi crew and shipped launch fighters is going to be incredibly boring. Essentially

>Four people on a single cutter, corvette, etc
>Only pilot is really doing anything
>Nobody else can move around or do anything significant
>>
>>145001823
>ability to go full EVE/Eurotrucksim and create a large enterprise
I'm all for it, there's simply no in game lore reason not to.

Same thing with owning outposts, great time/moneysink, gives you a sense of attatchment and all those nifty QoL features like storing your ships, spareparts, refuelling.

Yet forumdads start crying YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE NOBODY LOOSER BUM IN THIS GAME JUST BECAUSE again.
>>
File: 1445534000868.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1445534000868.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>145002321
>you have to earn rep to hire fighters
>>
>>145002648
>you're supposed to be loser bum in this game

I see this excuse used all the time. Funny thing is, you don't even feel insignificant in this game, because there's nothing to make you feel that way. No massive ships or derelicts, no massive fleets. Nothing at all to make you feel insignificant other than your inability to actually do anything in game.
>>
>>145002183
The most popular threads on the forums now are the negative ones.

Ironically it's the dads shitposting in them that are bumping them, which only serves to draw more attention to them.

This is completely lost on the dads though
>>
>>145002648
The Dads cry because they know they'd be left in the dust if anything resembling corporations happened, even if they all united under one big Babyboomer flag, they'd never be able to work together to accomplish anything. They like being equal through mediocrity.
>>
>>145002648
I'd rather have us not able to do so (but still vastly improve the other areas of the game) simply because I don't think the game needs to do it and its a nice little niche, that doesn't mean I don't think the parts of the game feeding into "single pilot" shouldn't be heavily fleshed out and improved. But not if they're not going to stick a lore explanation in for why even a "members of the pilots federation of forbidden by agreement of the 3 powers from controlling their own regions of space outside of the Pilots Federation system faction area" as otherwise its just dumb.

As it stands its an awkward mix between ungodly amounts of money and no reason why we can't do anything with said money and influence. I'd quite like to see being able to more heavily integrate with existing factions and become influential than have "german dads alliance" holding half of the bubble (which coincidentally is why I think letting player factions be added and have their own system descriptions is a retarded idea, theres one system which description describes a group of gamers who came to be super cool and powerful)
>>
>Kornelius Briedis finally snapped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZYCDUDFPfE
>>
File: 1449444921919.jpg (52KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
1449444921919.jpg
52KB, 386x386px
>>145002321
Are you aware that during Horizons premiere week Braben himself said there will be no NPC crewmembers?

He was puzzled by the fact people want this feature, like total lack of understanding.

Instead he promised to arrange some out of game dating site so we could always hire real players :^)
>>
>>145003405
We really fucking need an in game "looking for wing" feature and he managed to fuck even that up with a proposed out of game site.
>>
>>145003372
holy shidd
>>
>>145003613
AND FUCKING WING CONTENT AND A GOOD INCENTIVE TO DO IT

STOP PUNISHING US FOR BRO OPS BRABO YOU FUCK
>>
>>145003613
Let's be honest. They either have to some how make it so that wing members can't damage each other or it will turn in to shit fest. Even I would queue to be escort for a merchant and then just turn on him the first second I get.
Even if they turn off friendly fire you would still be able to leave wing and then shoot.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (49KB, 708x202px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
49KB, 708x202px
which one of you is this
>>
>>145003368
Keep in mind that there are forumdads that claim systems as their homebase and get assblasted if anyone else does the same, or if a "non-canon" faction moves in. They act like this is *their* game, made for them. Some kind of kickstarter supporter syndrome.
>>
>>145004019
That would be great, would add risk to it, it already happens occasionally in powerplay with people pledged for weapons tricking people into winging with them and then having their friends murder them.
>>
>>145003902
Tfw there aren't any pirate bases to raid. You can't assault a capital ship similarly to that one CGI trailer. You can't properly escort anyone because of super cruise. There isn't anything to defend from pirates or asteroids.
>>
File: 1464714798232.jpg (85KB, 418x672px) Image search: [Google]
1464714798232.jpg
85KB, 418x672px
>>145003372
>mfw Obsidian Dad is next on the line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBxywtW2Hbk
>>
>>145004150
Oh I think thats retarded and has no place in the game either. Fdev should just remove all of the player submitted dad-factions from the map and work on making integration with actual factions more fun. Also scrap player submitted galnet articles.

Either that or give us full EVE/ETS style found a faction, the current middleground is shit.
>>
File: 1320813534045.jpg (36KB, 741x486px) Image search: [Google]
1320813534045.jpg
36KB, 741x486px
>>145003372
>even Kornelius has had enough of this shit

damn
>>
>>145004389
The fire rises!
>>
File: 1464912638293.jpg (104KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1464912638293.jpg
104KB, 740x740px
>>145003372
>even Kornelius, one of the most respected players in the community, is throwing in the towel

OH I AM LAFFIN
>>
>>145003372
He sounds so tired. I understand.
>>
>>145003372
More like Nail in the coffin, amarite?
>>
File: 1451081469797.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451081469797.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>145003372
They should add this video into the Comms Chatter section of the nearest newsletter.
>>
File: 1418255643736.jpg (40KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1418255643736.jpg
40KB, 535x577px
>>145003372
Anyone else just really sad now after hearing this?
>>
>>145003372
Someone post this on forums, or is it already there?
And post link to forum here
>>
File: untitled.png (83KB, 241x210px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
83KB, 241x210px
>>145003372
Somebody needs to post this on the forum just for the ensuing dad butthurt
>>
>>145005596
>>145005358
What is the significance of this person?
>>
>>145006135
He's a big name youtube player in the community, if you actually check out his channel he's got alot of nifty/useful videos about elite.

there are others like him as well
>>
>>145006312
The only Elite videos I've actually found remotely entertaining are the few tongue in cheek SDC ones.
>>
File: 1379025104222.jpg (10KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
1379025104222.jpg
10KB, 319x316px
>>145003372
>those subtle jabs at the forum dads

savage
>>
i'm quite new to the game and this general.
redpill me on forum dads pls
>>
>>145007849
spend an hour on the forums

you'll figure it out eventually
>>
>>145007849
lurk nigga
>>
>>145007849
refer to this post
>>144993190
then do as this poster said
>>145008034

there will be a test at the end of this
>>
>>145007849
There are several categories.
Fanboys who never admit that there is anything wrong with the game, and if the complain about something they sound like pussies while they do as if devs were their bosses. And say shit like "what are you poor", "no one is forcing you to do X". Elite defence force basically.

And then there are classic forum dads.
Literal middle-aged men who play max 4 hours a WEEK. Often mention their kids, wife' kids and wifes in their posts
>>
>>145008716
Its important to note that the second group think all forms of pvp and combat are terrible and that an early-midgame ship like the cobra should be able to do everything
>>
>>145009023
>only kids want everything and immediately, back I'm my days games were hard and required time
Too bad I didn't save the screecap that was posted few threads ago.
>>
how do i exactly increase reputation with a power?
Like, i've done a handful of missions for Federation and i am friendly while i've done tons of missions for Empire and i am stuck at 3% neutral?
>>
File: how to bake a cake with shit.png (339KB, 596x433px) Image search: [Google]
how to bake a cake with shit.png
339KB, 596x433px
>>
>>145011156
Did you hit the favourite button?

>>145011024
The same way you raise minor faction rep (missions, bounties, exploration data, trade, combat bonds), be aware some missions will have very low rep payouts.

pre 2.1 I went from 20 to 80 in a few hours in a hiRes.
>>
>>145011156
Does this mean this 2.1 blunder is going main stream?
>>
File: daddy-o.png (80KB, 826x665px) Image search: [Google]
daddy-o.png
80KB, 826x665px
>>144993190
Here's another faggot for your collection, relevant to this>>145003372
>>
>>145011428
No, 2.1 as an example of excellent emergent gameplay is going mainstream because Kotaku is shit.
>>
>>145011448
I'd add him but thats not really from the forums, so......

anybody think this should count?
>>
>>145011024
You haul. You grind. You haul. You grind.

Haul. Haul. Haul. Haul.

Grind. Grind. Grind. Grind.

IT'S THE SANDRO SAMMARCO SHOW
>>
So this twitch streamer says Michael Brookes told him the events of Frontier First Encounters have been retconned in the current Elite: Dangerous universe.

There was no mycoid virus vaccine given to them, there was no alliance and shared scientific knowledge, and they never gave us one of their ships.

Supposedly there were some bugged missions in FFE where when you steal the vaccine and are going to deliver it, you get given the option by INRA to instead deliver a stronger version of the virus. Something like that.

He also claims he knows where Raxxla is, and you need triple Elite rank to find it, and he's going once he finishes combat Elite.

He also thinks Thargoids will drive us out of the current inhabited bubble and we'll be forced into guerrilla tactics.
>>
>>145011657
He's a forum mod tho, that Viajero dad.
>>
File: di9radxAT[1].jpg (232KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
di9radxAT[1].jpg
232KB, 2000x1000px
>>145003372
>every step is a pain
you can really hear the sadness in his voice
>>
>>145011737
I believe nothing but the retcon.
>>
>>145011873
oh is it?

in that case ya he'll be added
>>
>>145011737
Who cares?

Elite's lore is pathetically scarce, inconsistent, generic shitwank.
>>
>>145011737
Finding Raxxla is going to be a community goal. You'll have to deliver exploration data to a station and the results will be printed in galnet.

The Thargoid invasion is also going to be a community goal. You'll have to deliver personal weapons and reactive armor to a station. Afterwards they'll tell you about how it went in galnet.
>>
>>145012051
Yeah. I guess basically it just means there is no chance of anything but hostilities with Thargoids when they show up.

And I guess some thought the Alliance betrayed humanity by giving them the vaccine which isn't the case now.
>>
Up to date list of worst offending Forum Dads

>Pecisk
>Ziggy Stardust
>Bacalao
>GluttonyFang
>Marc_Hicks
>RedAnders
>Max Factor
>Bitstorm
>OriginalBadBoy
>Chris Simon
>h347h
>Viajero

Anybody wish to add to this list feel free to do so, maybe we should document all of this on a pastebin?
>>
>>145011448
Fucking wow dude. I consider myself regular "gamer" and even I reached 600 materials in 3 days. Do these people actually for 30 min a day?
>>
>Why are all the whiners still whining? Pretty pictures don't alter the fact that most of the "problems" in the game relate to the psychology of those who desire instant gratification, & who are all playing towards a non-existent "end game".....& so want the "perfect" ship, with the "perfect" load-out, that amounts to an "I win" button. It is all these people who whine about "grinding", & also the ones who whine about the "too hard" AI because it makes their unneccessary "grinding" even longer. You, Colonel, are one of the worst offenders.....and your hate for this game has been made abundantly clear over the last 18 months.....yet so funny how someone who so hates the game can happily expend so much time and energy complaining about it. We can just file your predictions of "imminent failure" with all the others that have been made for the last 2 years.

lol wow

whoever said that Marc_Hicks was an aggressive dad wasn't kidding
>>
File: 1454833966439.png (782KB, 490x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1454833966439.png
782KB, 490x1015px
>>145011737
>He also thinks Thargoids will drive us out of the current inhabited bubble and we'll be forced into guerrilla tactics.
Oh boy, Ialready see that getting injected into powerplay.

RECLAIM YOUR HOMEWORLDS FROM EVIL SPACE BUGS BY DELIVERING PROPAGANDA PAMPHLETS
>>
Now he's going on about empty USS having a black or stealthed or somehow hidden Thargoid ship in them.
>>
>>145012395
a lot of them log in and just sit in a station hanger listening to the ambiance for hours at a time. Maybe run a cargo mission to a different station if they're feeling dangerous.
>>
>>145012492
That thread is actually a perfect example of forumdad faggotry at work

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=262970

tl;dr OP made a well thought out and constructive argument, regarding the current state of the game and what can be done to fix it.

shortly after you have dildos like Marc_Hicks and the usual fucking forumdad SS come in and endlessly shit post to derail the thread so that nobody can come to any kind of agreement.
>>
>want to go out to the core
>wondering if I should just go or try to get grade 5 FSD upgrade
Do you think I'll win time by grinding materials for upgrade and getting 35-50% jump range or should I just go on vanilla engine?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x484px
>>145013471
Nailed it right there
>>
>>145013471
everyone forum report him for personal attacking the OP. Let's see if the mods do anything.
>>
File: 1464643955610.jpg (408KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1464643955610.jpg
408KB, 1280x1280px
Is the entire Internet at war with the dads?

kind of feels like it
>>
>>145014583
More like with the game/devs but dads are their defense force, vanguard so to say. So, yeah.
>>
>>145013538
You'll get out there way faster with longer jump range but you'll do less exploring by jumping over everything.
>>
>>145015408
>>145013538
Its worth it, It lets you skip the first kly or 2 where everything is already discovered and ensures you won't find yourself 24 hours of jumping away from the bubble just 15 instead :^), unless you beeline on fastest you won't be jumping over too much.
>>
>>145013471
The OP's points are good they're just really vague game design 101. Would've been nice if he'd actually given more suggestions

Forumdads responding are cancer like you said tho
>>
>>145003372
Holy shit he sounds so utterly heartbroken.
>>
>>145013471
Someone other than myself understands the severe flaw that suprcruise is. Wow.
>>
File: 1450353383963.jpg (68KB, 884x666px) Image search: [Google]
1450353383963.jpg
68KB, 884x666px
>>145003372
>>145005596
>>145005750
Someone posted Kornelius's video on the forums, come join the shit show

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=263168
>>
>>145000304
>They're simulating the time it takes for ships to arrive at your wake in supercruis

If they were capable of that much foresight in design, you wouldn't have NPCs chasing you drop into your wake in 2 seconds from 20,000ls away.
>>
>>145016775
Instantly jumped by
>h347h
>RedAnders

Like clockwork.
>>
The game was kill from the start, you can see it by how limited their engine is.
Anyone played Space Rangers, Sea Dogs? When you get a mission to kill specific NPC in space rangers for example if he runs away from you to a different system you can follow him right away and he'll be there if you didn't give him enough time to escape. In sea dogs there are no jumps and systems, ships stay in the sea and live their own lives and only teleport if mission forces them . Last part is also true for space rangers. You can even track progress of all rangers and meet same pirates multiple times, if pirate racks up too many kill someone will issue a bounty on him.

What about Elite? NPC get randomly generated names when you meet them, then they disappear to never be seen again, unless same name generates. If you're chasing your target/player to other system you will rarely, or never, come out in the same instances. So you just have to fly around and pray that game decides to spawn your target. I mean forget the jumping, even if you exit super cruise and back all npc will reset.

Honestly this engine fucking sucks it will never get better.
>>
>>145017869
I'm telling you man, this thread is going to attract every celebrity dad there is
>>
>>145017965
Yeah, I wish they've sticked with singleplayer only.

Multiplayer is simply not worth this many limitations, neither is worth playing seeing how disfunctional it is.
>>
File: thread.jpg (152KB, 1629x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thread.jpg
152KB, 1629x1080px
>>145018127
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

DADBUSTERS!
>>
>>145018197
Those games are from what 2000s and it's *current year* you'd think that technology/clever engineering would allow them to simulate space at least around players.
>>
File: smugasfuck.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
smugasfuck.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>145016775
>all these niggas roasting RedAnders
>>
>>145018574
im waiting to see his reply to it all

my bets on so much butthurt he'll have to change his name to RedAnus
>>
> Suffice to say that if someone can't actually read the descriptions of the items which explain where to obtain them

Thanks Red Anders, the description that Yttrium is available on planets sure is helpful! How stupid of me to not realise exactly which type of planet this very rare material sometimes spawns on.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 593x540px
>*Chuckles in the background*
>>
>>145019367
I cant tell what the furry is trying to say, is he agreeing that the gameplay is a boring grind in a sarcastic way, is he saying that its fine and you should just grind more completely unironically?
>>
>Stirring up shit on the forums is more entertaining then actually playing the game

what have we become?
>>
>>145019604
FORUMS ARE THE GAME JIM
>>
>>145019367
i can never read that guy/thing....
>>
>>145019604
Elite forum rank is more prestigious than anything in the game.
>>
>>145019576
He's not saying anything. That faggot just posts random shit because he's "THE CODE's" PR guy and needs to stay in the public eye or else he's useless.
>>
>>145019954
Why would they make him the PR guy? He's a fucking furry, who's scared of a furry pirate
>>
What is there in this game to keep playing for the long term? I started playing some 2 weeks ago and I log in for a couple hours every evening, fly around and do a few missions and that has been nice but it is starting to get stale. Missions generally have all the bases covered including hauling, combat, and a bit of exploration if it makes you travel.
>>
>>145020124
>who's scared of a furry pirate
Me.

Insane people are scary.
>>
>>145020124
Well, when your choices are "Wing up with the furry" or "send him off to camp the forums", the decision makes all the more sense.
>>
>>145020262
>What is there in this game to keep playing for the long term?
If you were fine with the grinding organised powerplay was it but Fdev fucked that in 2.1.
>>
>>145020262

It's a pretty neat game to fly around and shoot things. Can be comfy if you go into mining or trading.

Once you go around doing everything once, there's really not much else to see as everything follows the same format. The game can be pretty fun if you wing up with others though.
>>
>>145020262
>keep playing for the long term

Nothing except unlocking some new ships. That's the only form of progression in this game. It's the only thing to work toward.
>>
File: absolutely doin it.jpg (18KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely doin it.jpg
18KB, 469x500px
>tfw lighting the fire
>>
File: 1457540544530.png (487KB, 753x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457540544530.png
487KB, 753x600px
>>145020875
it's a good feel
>>
>>145018574
>RedAnders got so salty he left the thread pouting like a baby

one down...
>>
>>145021249
inb4 he continues posting
>>
>>145021353
HE KEPT GOING
>>
>>145020262
Nothing. This is why /edg/ only appears for a short time when a new update is released, you've done everything the game has. The only thing to do is get another ship and do it more (explore further out, haul bigger loads, fight larger ships), but its still the same stuff, just in a ship with a larger hold or more jump range.

You see dads go on about "the journey not the destination", but the problem ED has is the destination is the local cornershop and the journey along the same 30 feet of dulll grey pavement isnt interesting unless you want to prolong your excuse to get away from the wifes son for 5 minutes and read about the missing cat CG on the bus stop for the 10th time
>>
>>145021790
the absolute mad man
>>
>>145021797
>read about the missing cat CG
But this time we really need you to deal with civil unrest in this random system but wait! A ship exploded and we need you to sell exploration data and you'll never guess what next, finding and selling wreckage components! Isn't variety great!

Give us another fucking Lugh fdev.
>>
>>145021790
the absolute madman
>>
>>145021965
The fucking community goals are the most offensive portion of the game to me.

>You know this horrible system of loading screens and delivering we have for standard gameplay? Have fun doing that same thing in our extra special event!
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 494x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 494x358px
>>145021353
>I temporarily found another poster's comment interesting enough to reply to.
>>
>>145022126
The only ones that are fun are the competitive faction vs faction ones and they never fucking do them. The Neits CG was the best one for a while as people were PvPing in open and competing with each other and rather than continuing to develop it into a full war like they said they would in the streams they just went back to shitty "haul x commodities" and "collect bounties"
>>
>/edg/ is taking the fight to the dads

love it
>>
>>145022846
Shame its in a subforum, should've been posted in Dangerous Discussion.
>>
>>145022846
I'm surprised that were actually doing alright and not just spamming memes. I imagined that if we were to go to forum we'd just look like /b/ and post memes about cuck
>>
>>145022846
I'm honestly surprised that more known dads haven't taken the bait yet

we had RedAnders but he didn't last very long and left crying like a bitch
>>
>>145023036
There's a lot of pent up anger that needs to be released. Maybe once we burn that up, we'll revert to more common ways. As things are, I'm having a fine time plunging the depths of the Red Anus.
>>
>>145023187
Its in the engineers subforum, most dads don't leave Dangerous Discussion.
>>
File: 1306870211947.png (39KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1306870211947.png
39KB, 184x184px
>>145022846
>I'm actually getting rep

lol
>>
>>145022846
>>145023187
I was expecting more dads
Should have done this>>145022961. Thread would have been on front page
>>
>>145023480
I'm repping everyone that attacks the dads

we'll beat them at their own game
>>
>>145023487
I don't know if it was anyone here who actually posted the video.

i've seen a good number of dads delve into engineers, probably just have to be patient, willing to bet some of them won't post until the thread grows to a certain number.
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 140x88px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 140x88px
>>145023576
o7
>>
File: smug anime girl 33.gif (854KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl 33.gif
854KB, 500x281px
>>145023721
right on CMDR o7
>>
We have to keep this thread going bros

this is it, this is the assault

one by one the dads will fall.
>>
>MarcusKross

add him to the list
>>
File: 473483.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
473483.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>145023576

Right on, CMDR.
>>
File: what now.png (564KB, 766x640px) Image search: [Google]
what now.png
564KB, 766x640px
>>145024128
on CMDR right!
>>
File: 1464802898076.png (2MB, 1000x967px) Image search: [Google]
1464802898076.png
2MB, 1000x967px
>/edg/ has finally had enough and is mobilizing on the forums

lol holy shit is this actually happening?
>>
>>145023036
at the heart of it /edg/ wants the game to be good, and bascially everyone in here has ideas on how to improve ED. Theres been a few attempts at posting ideas there in the past but before 2.1 the gulag guards had enough manpower to beat down any dissenting voices. Now theres enough people independantly voiceing whats wrong they cant silence them all as effectively.

nothing will change though, people will eventually leave and the dads will claim the reducing number of complaints is because FD fixed all the problems.
>>
>>145024345
It's also nice to see that /edg/ has sympathizers, and now they seem to be rallying behind this video
>>
>>145024243
it's like my happening threads on /pol/!
>>
File: 1306658717114.png (18KB, 480x463px) Image search: [Google]
1306658717114.png
18KB, 480x463px
>>145024243
What a time to be awake.
>>
Could we post it on the main page too or is that not allowed?
Thread is already dying, no aggressive dads left.
>>
>>145025271
It's getting to be past their bedtimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 982x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 982x187px
>>
>>145025271
Post it tommorow on Dangerous Discussion.
>>
>>145003372
I'm just waiting for fdev to commit PR suicide by acknowledging/responding to this.
>>
>>145025896
I'm sure they'll come in to work in the morning to find notices on their terminals that mentioning the video or even Kornelius is a fire-able offense until the company Political Officer has his company wide presentation on how to make the video work for them.
>>
Here is an idea. How about detailed surface scanner now shows % of material types on the planet?
>>
>>145026479
this would work
>>
>>145026479

This should have been available out of the gate.
>>
The thread will probably survive till tommorow, when the Rare dads will be awake
>>
>>145026479
That and proper surface mining. Running around hunting for meteors and random outcroppings is a fucking retarded idea.
>>
File: stefavatar_400x400[1].jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
stefavatar_400x400[1].jpg
40KB, 400x400px
NOT

AN

ARGUMENT
>>
>>145004019
Probably won't happen though seeing as some of the engineers upgrades can regenerate wing shields (beams and lasers) or FoF self-detonate before impact (MC and cannon) so those would become useless. Or they would turn it into a separate "FoF module" or something.
>>
File: 1450937727695.gif (1MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1450937727695.gif
1MB, 499x499px
>>145027914
>>
>>145004019
to get around this you'd just need to put an automatic stat that tracks player "reliability"

you complete an objective set by another player/help a wingmate? reliability up!

You leave a wing while on a mission or kill your wingmate? reliability down!
>>
someone reposted the video in the main forum
>>
post profile pictures of known dads. Going to make image for next op
>>
>>145028472
I wouldn't go in there unless thread gets more forum people in it. I'd be too obvious if we were majority in both at the same time
>>
>>145028701
they linked back to the original thread anyway
>>
File: enjoy the game.jpg (50KB, 1045x217px) Image search: [Google]
enjoy the game.jpg
50KB, 1045x217px
>>
File: 1324750688493.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1324750688493.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>145030604
>>
>It seems to be some sort of meta game to get the review score down as low as possible

It cant possibly be that people dont think the game is fun, clearly its a conspiracy
>>
I want to go exploring.

Got a DB Explorer and I'm kitting it out right now. Is it a good idea to get an extra fuel tank, or does the reduction in jump distance outweigh the benefits?

Also, 4D or 4A power plant?
>>
>>145031826

3A.

Slightly more power, better heat efficiency and even less weight.
>>
>>145032117
Thanks, didn't even think of going down in class.

Are AFMUs worth investing in? And is life support worth investing in or just go with D-rated?
>>
File: kek.png (12KB, 606x166px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
12KB, 606x166px
We did it?
>>
>>145032678
Just routine maintenance to let the dadposters recharge.
>>
>>145032678
THE GOY KNOW

SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>145030604
you just cant fix this kind of stupid
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (638KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
638KB, 1920x1080px
>>145003372

Fuck man. He sounds sad as fuck. And I know exactly what he's feeling.
>>
File: frontier.png (34KB, 920x200px) Image search: [Google]
frontier.png
34KB, 920x200px
VJ's not a fan either
>>
>>145033437
no one is
>>
>>145003372

I wish Braben would get hit by a car.
SOMEONE THAT GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THIS GAME PLEASE TAKE OVER
>>
>>145033865
No no gods no, if Braben dies, there will be nothing to hold back Sandro's insanity upon the world
>>
>>145034472
Why not just burn it all down?

It's not going to get better.
>>
>>145034472

It's all Braben's fault, though.
>>
File: listen here fucko.png (167KB, 532x398px) Image search: [Google]
listen here fucko.png
167KB, 532x398px
>got issued a warning for calling out a dad on his ad hominems
>>
File: its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif (602KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif
602KB, 320x213px
>community manager posting in the thread
>>
>>145032447

AFMUs are a huge help, especially now that you can reload them from synthesis. Module damage from unexpected emergency drops or pic related may not kill you but the reduced reliability of your FSD is frustrating when you're far from a repair station. Your attempts to jump may fail randomly due to FSD malfunctions.

If your canopy actually breaches you can't repair it even with an AFMU, and A-rated life support won't save you once you're more than half an hour out of civilization.
>>
>>145034996
>made a comment on Red Anus attacking other posters
>get a warning issued for it
and I bet he didn't get a warning either.
>>
>>145035118
I really hope they expand on the SRV types or modules for them so in the future it would be possible to land on a planet with a busted canopy, find resources in the SRV and use the SRV to make repairs from outside the ship.
>>
File: 1452512508405s.jpg (3KB, 107x125px) Image search: [Google]
1452512508405s.jpg
3KB, 107x125px
>>145035118
>or pic related

Forgot the pic
>>
>>145030604
I love the logic of all these dad
>Major feature of an update for the game isn't fun and is a huge pain in the ass
>Dads: Well just don't play it then! You guys are so entitled for expecting the whole game to be fun and engaging!

You can't buy that kind of stupid.
>>
>>145035372

An SRV that can actually mine the ground for minerals and synth materials instead of tracking down outcrops would at least alleviate some of this compounded RNG on top of RNG that FDev seems to be in love with.
>>
File: 1465530958378.gif (3MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1465530958378.gif
3MB, 450x253px
>>145003372

>this video

I bet FD is watching this video RIGHT NOW.
Drink it down you sons of bitches.
>>
File: wtf.png (55KB, 1273x212px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
55KB, 1273x212px
these fucking cucks I can't believe it
>>
>>145035806
>I-if it's too harsh y-you should watch the one that's not as much of a big meanie
>>
>>145035763
This should have been a thing since 2.0 comes out
multiple specialized SRV's.
>One specific for mining
>One with a larger cargo hold for looting
>One that hauls ass with good grip for exploring and racing
>One that's armed to the teeth for combat missions
>>
>>145035973

The vehicle bay and SCV description implied that there would be more of these things in the future and there has been no news on it at all.
>>
>>145035763
>RNG on top of RNG

They cause all kinds of bullshit by compounding mechanics on top of each other all the time. It's like they literally cannot see beyond one layer of their system.

Like the Archon Delaine slave trading exploit last year, and rank 5 PP bounty hunting. All because FDev fucking sucks at math and doesn't stop to think about how multipliers stack multiplicatively.

eg: Zemina had 20% off imp. slaves and Archon Delaine gave a 20% bonus for selling on the black market.

FDev: "Well 40% increase in profit is fairly substantial but it's nothing game-brea...."

NO YOU WITLESS FUCKS:
Ideal conditions without bonus: Buy for 15K, sell for 18K = 3K profit per ton
With bonus: Buy for 12K, sell for 21K = 9K profit per ton.
That is a 300% increase in profit and got patched in a goddamn hurry.
>>
>>145036873

Now they're compounding the RNG in a similar manner, especially with planetbound materials.

Random chance a planet has a material you need (die rolled)
Random chance an appropriate loot pinata will spawn in your vicinity (die rolled)
Random yield from the loot pinata (1-5 dice rolled)
Multiple random outcomes from using that loot in an upgrade (3-10 dice rolled)

All compounded on top of each other in your attempt to get an ideal upgrade.

Not even compulsive gamblers would take those odds.
>>
>>145035973
>high class vehicle bays can contain a fucking tank
>maybe a hover tank like magrider from ps2 except less purple and gay
>shoot those little faggot ships that patrol +++ settlements out of the air

I can dream, can't I?
>>
>>145037329
My uncle is a compulsive gambler who threw away literally millions of dollars gambling and basically fucked his entire future.

I'm gonna go see what he thinks about this, if he ever gets out of rehab.
>>
File: imagesqqjpg.jpg (6KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
imagesqqjpg.jpg
6KB, 281x180px
>>145003372
>you are a proud owner of Cobra Mk.3
>>
File: tunguska_01[1].jpg (151KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
tunguska_01[1].jpg
151KB, 1024x682px
>>145037405
>you will never assault +++ bases with a space Tunguska

why live
>>
>>145004389
Obsidian Ant already did a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smd6WBtpd_I

basically the same gist as Kornelius
>>
>>145038115

Even fairly large vehicles could fit through the cargo hatch if they were modular.

eg: lower a couple sections of track/crew module that bolt together under the ship and then clamp down a turret on top of that.

Obvious downsides being longer deploy or boarding time for such a tank and it would take up multiple vehicle bay slots.
>>
>>145037329
>>145037528

It's like throwing over a dozen dice and hoping they come up all 6s.
>>
File: 1310521332436.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1310521332436.gif
1MB, 193x135px
>i think its great how the same threads keep appearing, with pretty much the same players, saying the same things, and who's idea of a discussion is pretty much just ripping into anything that doesn't suit them, resulting in calling the developers names and swearing blind that they all know whats best for the game.. even fools can have good ideas, but that doesn't mean i'm ever going to let them dictate the way i plan my life.

>i used to really enjoy Kornelius's videos.. then 1 day i was watching this 1 video of his, and he actually used the expression 'they didn't even ask me about it 1st' i actually had to go back and listen again, just too make sure. at the time he was discussing frontiers decision to introduce more low to mid range ships, in particular the keelback. here's the thing, the moment someone who has made a name for them self, doing nothing other than just playing a game (a game that someone else has raised the funds to design, release and continue developing) regardless of how well they play it, or understand playing it, starts to think they know better, or are somehow more important to the game than any other player who purchased and plays it.. that person really needs a reality check.. going a step further and honestly believing they should be consulted.. yeah, that's is an indication of someones head being securely wedged somewhere dark, dank and smelly.

>as for you other so called game development experts, you may know how to play a game, maybe even play it well, but playing a game and making a game are completely separate things.. anyone with a modicum of intelligence, or even just some good old fashioned common sense, understands that small, but ever so important detail.. i think someone put it best the other day.. eating lots of food and getting fat, doesn't make you a chef.
>>
File: 1327895845036.gif (474KB, 127x139px) Image search: [Google]
1327895845036.gif
474KB, 127x139px
>>145042125
as for the content of most of these 'discussions' the bile and animosity directed towards development staff in the name of discussion is appalling, what gives anyone the right to talk to a person doing there job in that way? if you don't quite get where i am coming from on that.. if any of you 'game savvy, armchair designers' took that same attitude with a partner, a work colleague, a store assistant, or any number of other people doing their job, just because you didn't like the way they done their job, or mistakenly believed you understood there role better, that wouldn't be called a discussion, or offering some idea's, that would be considered abusive behaviour.. is abusive behaviour.

congratulations, for another thread, exactly the same as those other threads, saying the same thing in a slightly different way, with a slightly different title, with a different link. rather than the OP just adding a comment to an already ongoing discussion, they chose instead to add to the hate train.. for what exactly? the good of the game? do you not think that frontier are already aware that some players are unhappy? you all argue you only want whats best for the game, yet you pollute the forums with bile, all repeating the same crap you did yesterday in someone else's thread, which is the same crap you posted the day before in yet someone else's.

like a group of 5yr olds, you think that the more you shout, the more crap you throw around, the more weight it adds to your argument.. it doesnt, like a 5 year old, you are trying to get your way by holding the responsible adult to ransom by making a scene.. anyone doing that, is just looking for agreement to confirm their own bias, you can say 'we just want the game to be good' all you like, but that is totally disingenuous, be honest.. it isn't about the game being good, it is simply about you getting what you want.
>>
File: 1429026660799.gif (1MB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
1429026660799.gif
1MB, 200x188px
>>145042286
>it is no surprise that beta testers are feeling the grind.. they just spent weeks in beta, getting everything in a matter of moments using fish. that isn't the way engineers were intended.. rng is rng.. the only folks to come here and talk about their rng rolls, are those that have had bad runs at it. players are happy to complain that their rng on the next tier have been useless for them, they didnt come here praising how awesome the rng was for their previous tier.

>if beta testers cant separate the simple reality of play testing from the reality of game playing. comparing something they tested in a few hours for fish, to something that was added to game as content for the season.. maybe they shouldn't bother play testing and spoiling it for them self.. certainly pretty crappy to feed the flames of the 'i want it now and i want it my way' crowd, as a result.
>>
File: 1329098392861.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1329098392861.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>>145042442
tl&dr

there have been some valid points made, and there are certainly a number of issues, but i'm pretty sure that 'ongoing development' means just that. if a bug was a quick fix, or the metrics and feedback show there is something that needs changing, are you stupid enough to think that frontier don't know, don't care or can't be bothered to resolve it? how dim does a person have to be to think anything otherwise, we play the game, they are dependant on it. as for calls that the devs lack skill or don't know what they are doing.. yeah because they didnt actually make the game, and of course you all know so much better. to continually, and repeatedly, bash the devs and their game, in the name of 'discussion and what is best for the game' is not only self serving, and of little to do with whats actually best for the game, it is also infantile, abusive, and damaging to the game. yet players, and more disconcertingly, the likes of kornelius, feel it is ok to actively push a personal agenda (because there are a group of you) by trying to hold the game to ransom with as much fuss and noise a possible.. for what? a quicker route to mods? wanting to dictate the rng? and of all things.. adding storage which has already been explained by frontier as something of a priority.. REPREHENSIBLE!!
>>
File: 1409361212277.png (118KB, 429x491px) Image search: [Google]
1409361212277.png
118KB, 429x491px
>>145042125
>>145042286
>>145042442
>>145042629
>Being this asshurt by other peoples opinions
>>
Best stations to rank empire/fed rank?
>>
File: Despair.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
Despair.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>145042125
>>
>>145042125
Is this guy legit autistic? Does he not understand jokes?
>>
bumba
>>
>>144948291
Fixed are better if you git gud. They have very minor tracking when close to a targeted subsystem, but they don't have gimbal drift, and they hit harder.

The only legitimate reasons I can see for putting gimbals on your ship are
>If you are mixing lasers and weapons with travel time onto the same fire group
>Your hard point placement causes weapon divergence which means that your fixed weapons would be so far off center they would miss.

Saying you can un-target and enemy and used gimbals as fixed doesn't change the fact that gimbals DPS and power drain is horrendous when compared to their fixed counterparts.
>>
>>145049874
Do you suggest I run fixed on my FAS instead of gimballs? I have rails in the Medium slots so I don't need to lead my target.
>>
>>145052229
What are you using in your large slots? If its lasers then they should be fixed.
>>
I love you all /edg/
>>
>>145052467
Yeah they're pulse lasers.
Time better git gud then.

Recently upgraded from Vulture and I ran fixed beam and gimballed cannon on the large slots.
Sorry for blogging, just trying to keep this shit alive during downtime. I'd shitpost with memes but at work
>>
File: they know.jpg (111KB, 735x820px) Image search: [Google]
they know.jpg
111KB, 735x820px
>>145003372
>Kornelius Briedis finally snapped
>we know brabo is an eccentric OLD man
>that static monotone volume in his voice

wew lads, just wew
>>
File: faggot.png (288KB, 1834x686px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
288KB, 1834x686px
>>144991223
I still cant forgive CMDR Ross because of the integrity cost incident
>>
File: right on CMDR.png (139KB, 762x532px) Image search: [Google]
right on CMDR.png
139KB, 762x532px
/edg/ strike force on the prowl
>>
>>145054816
It's a nice read. Although I'm upset that dads generally kept cool and the thread didn't turn in to shitfest.
And +Rep to everyone from here for acting adequately
>>
>>145055260
one Pecisk post in every single page
who the fuck is this guy batman?
>>
have you guys ever considered the possibility of
Pecisk being the Braben himself
>>
>>145055609
If you are paid to be shilling for FDEV and have no other job or meaning in life I guess it's pretty easy to reply to every thread cause what else are you going to do? Play the game? You might accidentally end up in a cognitive dissonance when you feel the shittiness of the game but love the game. I'm projecting here obviously. I want to love the game because no other game out there at the moment scratches that itch but fuck does FDEV do everything in their power to keep me away.

>>145056085
Braben has too much self-congratulatory masturbation to do to have time to read the forums or even post there. Pecisk might be Brabo's friend.
>>
anyone tried the house of the dying sun?
>>
>>145056293
Yeah, it's not bad at all. Well worth the price point, I'd say. Only thing is you'd have to fiddle with the controls a lot to comfortably use a HOTAS with it. It's built for a gamepad for sure. It's also got a tactical layer to it, where you can give orders and take control of different ships.

Pretty fun and fast-paced.
>>
File: rngesusgrinder.png (43KB, 255x150px) Image search: [Google]
rngesusgrinder.png
43KB, 255x150px
>>
All these tears in the gulag.
Even the youtubers like Kornelius and Obsidian Dad are on our side. What a time to be alive!
>>
>>145057507
9/10
If you could shop big pile of shit, with small sparkling diamonds, going in to grinder it would have been 10/10
>>
>I'm fairly certain that the 200 Lavian Brandy is a typo
hahahah is he being serious? reading forums is more fun than actually playing
>>
>>145059970
The truth is that the dads play the game so little that they have no idea how things actually work. They don't understand the level of the grind because they only get to experience a very small segment of the game. The memes endgame cobra and ultraendgamemastertiership >ASP exist because even acquiring them is a feat for the dads. Also the dads seem to reset their saves every time a big update is released.

The grind is totally left out when your total asset value never goes over 10 million.
>>
File: bizzaro-world.jpg (110KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
bizzaro-world.jpg
110KB, 650x365px
>thread was moved in to the main section and now is No1 spot
What in the world..
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=263168&page=20

The dads are slightly winning, /edg/
They are drowning out all criticism in dumb reasoning and vicious circles.
>>
>>145063879
They turned the thread in to a circle jerk. What did you expect? we are the minority there and don't post there often, I mean we struggle to keep out own general alive forget about winning the forum.
>>
https://www.frontierstore.net/game-extras/elite-dangerous-game-extras.html?extra_type=203

Are they serious? Is this for fucking real?
>>
>>145064883
>the excessive grind
>ALL customization is trough real money
If I didn't know that devs are actually asking money for it I would have thought it's free to play
>>
>>145064883
What is this. Attach extra shit to your ship to look ebinly memeing.
Why cant they just put cool shit like this as an unlockable or purchasable in game.
>>
File: 3567356735756.jpg (6KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
3567356735756.jpg
6KB, 250x213px
>Commander makes thread about making himself stranded on purpose, and then calling fuel rats to save him.
>Doesn't realize paint job auto decays to 99% costing 10 cr
>Makes lengthy textwall about wanting to sue rats for fun because of ''damage''
>8 pages of right on CMDR +rep haha good joke

what the fuck is this shit even
>>
>>145065027
J U S T
>>
>>145065428
>literaly a forum dad im a nutshell
>>
>>145038115
>>145037405
im suprised they havent put in a second vehicle type to try on convince people horizions has content. And since the larger hangers can store multiple vehicles, hopefully it'll be possible to store one massive vehicle instead of 2 or 4 small ones. Launching a baneblade sized tank from a conda would be great fun which is why it will never happen
>>
File: ididntneedthis.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
ididntneedthis.gif
8KB, 645x773px
>>145066308
Jesus christ man, why did you plant that idea in my head?
>>
File: 7786746746.jpg (73KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
7786746746.jpg
73KB, 900x563px
>>145066308
>Your Corvette will never deploy a Federal extreme environment battletank with a single small hardpoint where you can mount anything you want with turnable turret, beam, multi, frag, railgun, and just drive around and dakka shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nmbj93I8zk1shwpofo1_540.jpg (34KB, 509x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmbj93I8zk1shwpofo1_540.jpg
34KB, 509x600px
>get bounty placed on head for killing a wanted npc with security
>get killed by security
>no money left for another buyback
>report bug on forums
>gets completely buried with no replies

Starting to remember why I left this game for half a year
>>
>>145067145
>he flew without rebuy
>>
>>145066308
FIXED SRV DEPLOY HATCH THAT BARELY HOLDS THE SRV
so no not happening
>>
>>145067205
I did have rebuy and bought my FAS again.

Don't have it anymore and am too scared to go out again.
>>
>>145067298
how the fuck did you die to security
>>
>>145067381
I got a bounty placed on me for killing a wanted npc along with my security buddies and others.

Suddenly security buddies and others turn on me and since I'm smack in the middle of them I get obliterated.
>>
>>145066308
Too fun sorry, it would be pointless to those of us in small ships to. why would you let players in big ships have an advantage over us small ship players?

Fly safe CMDR

-CMDR outlaw speedster III

(Trade rank: peddler)
(Combat rank: novice)
(Exploration rank: lost)
>>
>>145067474
was it fully scanned when you opened fire?
>>
>>145067127
>you will never have planet based battles with your friends
>you will never see your friends scout SRV get obliterated by a railgun blast
>you will never lead your group of space tanks into combat against other players, watching fed ships strafe and drop reinforcements
>you will never destroy an empire hovertank with a PA
>you will never blast eagles from the sky with multicannon turrets
>>
>>145067693
This is the dumbest bullshit that was ever implemented right next to not being able to pay your fines remotely like you could in FE2.
>>
>>145067784
Imagine CQC mode with capital ships just above the ground and tanks. Now that's the CQC i would play
>>
>>145067693
not with a kws but regularly scanned yes
I only started attacking him when everyone else were already doing so and I got a 50k voucher reward for killing him.

But halfway through the fight I got a 400cr fine for hitting him and after it was over they turned.
>>
*chuckles in the background*
>>
File: 74684678648.jpg (46KB, 765x300px) Image search: [Google]
74684678648.jpg
46KB, 765x300px
>>145067784
>You will never land in the middle of a humongous laser rifle infantry battle, deploying from the ramp of a Federal dropship
>You will never open fire on the imperial shitters with your brethren as the ground shakes from a nearby federal tank firing it's main gun, watching dead enemies arc through the air from the shaking explosion.
>You'll never advance with your bros as a clipper crashes in the background with a resounding crash and rising fireball as a FAS circles overhead.
>You'll never have to perform a 4man effort to raise a massive federal banner over the combat objective with thousands of dead enemies piled up all around you and smoke plumes rising from the entire city.
>>
>playing on xbone
>talking with Cortana while exploring
This is comfy
>>
File: 1458492052396.png (465KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
1458492052396.png
465KB, 680x762px
>>145067923
>driving a tank into a planetary base and destroying the shield generator then watching a capital ship turn it into a crater
>>
>>145069202
are the ED xbone updates the same as PC now?
>>
>>145070970
We are behind on small updates/quick fixes.I think the buggy killer AI hasn't been fixed. But Fdevs said that larger updates will come out at the same time.
>>
>fear is the mind-killer
>>
>fdev releasing cosmetics for freewinders
I dont even. not even forumdads are flying those.
we need someone to stop this madman known as braben somehow
>>
>>145064883
I honestly thought they were selling cheap home made models. Then I saw the digital and realized it's just a shitty paint job for 10 dollars. I'm starting to actually hate frontier.
>>
>>145064883
>shitwinder
>eagle
>dadbra
What the fuck, Brabo? Give me shit for my Python or at least for my DBS.
>>
>>145064883
>you have to pay for cosmetics

literally free to play model
>>
>>145074112
Free to play model and not even enough content to justify calling it a free to play game.
>>
>>145067784
Tanks and planetary fun are On The List as part of the Ten Year Plan, just make sure to buy all the Fairly Priced £50 Season Passes!

>tfw Fdev released the Orca, Keelback and Dropship without actually adding the content they're designed for
>>
>>144869813
>>144870217
So how is the Clipper as a multirole nowadays?
>>
>>145074631
Don't worry, they're still developing the foundations for the game. Everything will be expanded upon soonâ„¢ Funny, ED is a released title and is still less finished than 'other' games in alpha
>>
File: 1452796596633.jpg (96KB, 571x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452796596633.jpg
96KB, 571x1200px
>>145074169
The whole customisation shebang is actually surpisingly good on paper and gives a lot of options.
>different paintjobs
>different decals
>different ricer kits
>different modded weapons with their own unique visuals
All this combined allows you to make your ship truly your own.

In reality
>painjobs have insane prices, even solid color ones
>there's no way of getting a painjob by performing some ingame actions
>most of them look plain as fuck

>decals are simply not on the store, maybe a good sign
>not enough of them, mostly elite ranked ones and that's it
>npcs have paintjobs and decals that are still not available to players

>ricer kits mostly look ridiculous and cost like an indie game on steam
>you literally can buy Rouge System or Enemy Starfighter with the money

>unique weapons are RNG cubed

Combined with a fact that it takes ftroop months to shit out a new two color paintjob or a new decal, this whole customisation is a total fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>145074112
>>145074169
>>145075407
>Shit up the game with horrible business decisions
>Sales drop and you need a new source of income
>Have to resort to horrible business decisions to compensate
>Repeat ad infinitum
>>
>>145075407
>cost like an indie game on steam

That's the best part of this. Literally can purchase a 10-15 hour game for the price of a paint job. UK marketers must be a special kind of fucked in the head.
>>
>Golden sidewinder with spoilers, redundant exhausts, and aerodynamic wings all over the place
>Cool as fuck.jpg
>The instant it is subjected to trouble more intense than hitting the landing pad, it blows up instantly
there's a metaphor here.
>>
File: 1458261669864.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458261669864.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>145067784
>>145068317

>missions that generate small battlegrounds somewhere on a planet surface
>they give it a objective system where you must complete a few objectives to win the battle

>New Objective: provide CAS for advancing Federal troops
>have to strafe key bunkered positions and enemy troops

>New Objective: Hotdrop Force Recon shock troopers behind enemy lines
>have to pick up troopers from F.O.B. and dodge enemy AA to quickly drop them in areas around the enemy's front line

>New Objective: Assist combat medics in search-and-rescue operations
>pick up medics from field and land around areas where they need to rescue wounded soldiers, using turrets to provide covering fire as they load wounded onto your ship and fly them back to a field hospital

NEVER EVER
>>
File: 1095098-fractalus_alien.gif (44KB, 333x238px) Image search: [Google]
1095098-fractalus_alien.gif
44KB, 333x238px
>>145075772
The sad thing is everything has been salvageable but Frontier refuses to look back out of fear of what they might see.

>>145076794
>Passenger transport missions
Fuck me when did they say that was coming in last? June last year?
>>
>>145056724

It's nice. Even the best space "sim" out there rightnow. but with just 14 missions not worth the $20 bucks. Would literally pay $300 for an E:D with this kind of combat. After all I'm stupid and already paid that much for E:D with the shit combat.
>>
>>145074631

>fucking faggots begging FD for MUH PASSENGER MISSIONS

I can't wrap my head around this. Is there any doubt at all that passenger missions won't be just glorified cargo missions that you need to complete in an Orca? Honestly I don't even fucking understand why Ftroop HASN'T included them yet. How hard would it be to change the word "cargo" to "passengers?"
>>
File: XCQLs6X.png (299KB, 1828x318px) Image search: [Google]
XCQLs6X.png
299KB, 1828x318px
heh... pathetic gamerboys... this new generation is without hope *turns on silent running and disappears in cobra*
>>
File: 12323123231.gif (793KB, 202x244px) Image search: [Google]
12323123231.gif
793KB, 202x244px
>>145078363
>this is a simulator
Handle a copy of Falcon BMS to this fucktard.
>>
>>145078771
>Falcon BMS

Mah nigga
>>
>>145063879
>>145064201

This is all par for the course over there, thats what dads do.

Every thread that goes against the grain they dogpile on it, subvert it, and basically circlejerk/shitpost until the original purpose of the thread is lost.
>>
File: 15948035052_b9b90c225b_o.jpg (233KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
15948035052_b9b90c225b_o.jpg
233KB, 1920x1200px
How to get a view like this?
>>
>>145082164
Go to Veil Nebula East?
>>
>>145066308
Too bad srv's hardly even fit. I bet they literally never release a new ground vehicle.

>>145082164
Post processing.
>>
>>145082164
"Play" space engine with a ship mod.
>>
>>145082280
I mean the cockpit
>>
>>145082381
Ctrl+Alt+G
>>
So how many Rare dads have made they're appearance in that thread?
>>
So many cool ideas of what Horizons could be...

I want to buy it even less now.
>>
>>145082505
>Ozric
>Jason S
>Barking Mad
New entries for THE LIST.
>>
>>145082654

The best part about how Ftroop updates their game is that the best updates that they release are always included in 1.6 as well for people who were smart enough to not buy Horizons.

The Engineers update released a lot of great quality of life updates, but the main attraction, the Engineers themselves, is going the same way of PowerPlay and CQC. No one fucking bothers with them unless you're willing to give your life to the grind.

Every major update just tacks on more useless shit that no one gives a fuck about other than the most senile of dads, and even then a lot of them spout bullshit like "You dont have to do the things the update provides!" Yeah, thanks for admitting you wasted 60 dollars on a season pass that you literally tell people to avoid.
>>
>>145075995
>UK
Enjoy No Man's Sky
>>
>>145082164
I hope they add in some sort of HUD customisation. I would love to tick some boxes and remove elements.

>>145082654
>>145082959
2.1 and Horizons in general has made me so glad I didn't waste more money on Elite (I bought it in beta, bye bye £50). My friends though, they all bought it over Christmas, even after I fucking told them it was a shitty grind and their is no content. When they stopped playing a month later I couldn't help but laugh.
>>
>>145084549
I didn't realise until I hit post, how ironic it was I was wishing they added content and then told you how I told my friends it's a shit game with no content.
>>
File: hitboxes.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hitboxes.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>145064883
so if i shoot the extra wings and spoilers will it do damage or not? im going to guess not
>>
File: 1443419174598.jpg (19KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1443419174598.jpg
19KB, 469x469px
>the Dads are turning on Obsidian ant
>>
>>145085245
They're part of the gunship model aren't they?
>>
>>145085559
>dads turn on dads
loving it
>>
>>145085559
wait what did he do?
>>
>>145086231
he dared to agree with Kornelius and committed wrong think on the forum

go read the thread
>>
File: evilship.png (555KB, 565x251px) Image search: [Google]
evilship.png
555KB, 565x251px
>>145085245
>>
rib :DDD
>>
>>145088902
nod yed gommander :DDD
>>
>>145089298
Hur hur ride on gommander :DDD

+REB
>>
>>145088902
>>145089298
>>145089405
>spurdo posting merged with dadposting
I want to get off this wild ride
>>
File: 1419345842365.jpg (32KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
1419345842365.jpg
32KB, 600x363px
>>145089546
MEMECEPTION XDDDD
>>
File: 1456977913470.jpg (484KB, 752x950px) Image search: [Google]
1456977913470.jpg
484KB, 752x950px
Anyone remember my rant on being killed for a bounty that was placed on my head for killing a wanted npc?

It just happened again and I've got fuck all money this time.

/blog
>>
>>145089928
You're not alone in your anger if it counts for anything.
>>
File: 1448575461516.jpg (41KB, 534x532px) Image search: [Google]
1448575461516.jpg
41KB, 534x532px
>Ziggy Stardust is being a smug faggot again
>>
>>145089928

>JUST WAIT FOR THE SCAN TO FINISH OH MY GOD YOU GAMERS WANT EVERYTHING NOW NOW NOW
>>
File: awd.png (913KB, 1482x918px) Image search: [Google]
awd.png
913KB, 1482x918px
>liru the "NeverEver" is released before the fdev fixed the game
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>145022846
Do you find them ingame and bully them? Can I join? If so, how do you recognise them?
>>
>>145090387
/edg/ is currently waging an ideological war against the dads on the forums
>>
File: 8ZuvfKf.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8ZuvfKf.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>145090205
I know it's a joke but I'm wondering what the 'wait for the scan to finish' means. I've had it said to me before but I scanned them regularly, is this about a kill-warrant scanner?
>>
So it seems leddit is getting tired of frontier's shit too with the grindgineers
>>
>>145082164
Jump to nebulae, turn off HUD.
>>
>>145090639

Supposedly it's because your ship has to access the Pilot's Federation database to see if a target has a bounty or not. Which is fucking stupid because it has already been shown that if you get a 400cr bounty for accidental FF or misfire, AI bounty hunters will immediately turn on you without having to scan you at all.

This is completely ignoring the fact that it's a piss awful game mechanic that does nothing but slow the game down. Dad's will raise hell if you bring this up but if Ftroop had designed it so that you didn't need to wait for some arbitrary scan to finish, no one would say a fucking word.
>>
>>145090513
Ah well, I wish you luck then.
>>
>>145091223
>Dad's will raise hell if you bring this up but if Ftroop had designed it so that you didn't need to wait for some arbitrary scan to finish, no one would say a fucking word.

I feel that would be the case for a lot of this games issues. Even if Fdev did actually do something about the shitty RNG, the dads wouldn't even care in the end.
>>
>>145090335
Link?
>>
File: 1379025203644.jpg (16KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1379025203644.jpg
16KB, 450x500px
>>145091418
ya, it's almost as if the dads are senile and don't even understand what it is they're defending, or why they're defending it.
>>
>>145090335
You best not be trollin' nigga.
>>
>>145091593
>>145091817
https://velvethentai.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/wolf-girl-with-you-the-liru-project/

happy fapping
>>
>>145091747
Dads literally think that FDev would think their players are children and would take the game away from them if they complain. It's kind of sad actually.
>>
File: 1464348654986.jpg (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464348654986.jpg
68KB, 300x300px
>>145091974
My penis was not ready for this news.
>>
>>145091747
>PEOPLE ARE BEING MEAN TO FRONTIER!!! HOW DARE THEM!!! THEY'RE JUST UNGRATEFUL AND CAN"T APPRECIATE BRABEN AND HIS VISION!!!!

i imagine this is the thought process
>>
>>145091747
>>145092145

Here's an idea, so we've compiled a list of notorious dads. Why not make a list of ideas that they vehemently defend for no other reason than 'FD thought it up, therefore it is flawless.'

>having to wait for scans to finish even for obvious pirates
>no character slots/having to buy a second copy of the game or wiping or save to start over
>RNGineers
>Ftroop manually inserting player factions instead of players making their factions in the game
>>
>>145092064
>>145091974
use the mega link
the torrent isnt fully saturated yet and you will feel a speed drop at 75%
>>
>>145092750
This is why /edg/ is best general. Always help each other out.
>>
>>145093105
We're united by our hate of baby boomers, and for what could have been
>>
>>145093337
Maybe a miracle will happen and scam citizen will turn out to be what we wanted elite to be.

Its a vain hope, I know

I'm still looking forward to walking around even though I know itll be pure fluff with zero substance
>>
File: 1464495268090.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464495268090.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
>>145093565
You will have to grind for another 6-8 months just so you're pilot can leave his seat
>>
>>145093565
walking around is the only card elite has in its hand
and I cant wait to see how they will fuck it up and the shitstorm that comes with it
>>
>>145093685
Scam citizen has walking around too.

In fact I think they have walking around right now int he beta
>>
>>145093897
Alpha. And it's had walking for the past half year at least.

>there's a station to explore with voiced 'diaries' to find and a mission to go along with it
>>
>>145093337
>>145093565
>>145093672
>>145093685
The thing of it is, is that Elite is an easy game to fix. All they really need to do is introduce diverse end game content.

At the moment it's grind from one ship to the next to make the grind more efficient to grind to the even bigger ship. It's a space clicker game essentially.

Stuff like walking around your ship and landing on planets is fall well and good, but that is fucking base game level shit. Horizons should've started to introduce shit like player run businesses and mercenary groups and shite along those lines, end game shit to work towards while still being something you can do from the offset. Encourage people to seek out one another not shrink away form contact, unless it's to blow them up.

One DLC could then add more features relating to walking around, make it so can (not mandatory) walk around your ship to do shit, not just interact with a screen. Got some slaves? Go taunt them in your cargo hold, beat them with a stick. Further from that add in a foot based combat module like Scam Citizen, imagine being dropped onto a planets surface in your space APC, where you have to fight your way towards and into an NPC's space base where you use space guns to fight space wars. Then if you want you can set up there and have it be your home base, subject to attacks from NPCs and other players.

So many goddamn possibilities exist. SUCH A LACK OF VISION.

I care way too much about this shitty game
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 100x100px
>So I decided to see what's what and got to about 2:00 in. My word what a load of loose stoolwater, arsegravy of some kind.

>Is it that you guys have trouble formulating an opinion, so when some guy on youtube has one you're thinking: "Well, that must be it then"?
>>
File: 1464730675978.png (512KB, 643x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464730675978.png
512KB, 643x800px
>wasted hours travelling to cone nebula only to find out that desired system is enveloped in a cloud of permit locked systems
>route plotting failed
t-thanks, brabo
>>
File: 1444928546468.gif (480KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
1444928546468.gif
480KB, 250x309px
>>145095242
You know, out of all the Dads, Ziggy Stardust is probably the most fucking infuriating
>>
>>145095201
>I care way too much about this shitty game
We all do. Thats the way the curse of vision works on /edg/, we're watching something we love fall apart
>>
>>145063879
They actually aren't winning

Majority of the posters in that thread are actually sympathetic to our cause, its just the usual suspects shit posting and circle jerking, making them seem like there's more of them, when in reality they are the minority
>>
I noticed when I logged in the other day my ship now has a planetary approach module or something like that.

So what can I not do without owning Horizons besides Engineers? Buy SRVs?

Can I land on planets?
>>
>>145096354
None of the above, it's just there to piss you off.
>>
>>145096695
This. It's literally there as a reminder that you should buy Horizons. You can sell it but you won't be able to use the slot.
>>
>>145096695
>>145096779
lol this game
>>
Can anyone recommend a ship for bh and general traveling around?

i have fully kitted out python, but it seems its no longer cutting it, i need to use atleast 2 scbs every fight and now almost every ai ship can outmanuver me, no matter if i use assist on or off. Also i can't yet afford combat conda
>>
>>145098129
>Bh and traveling

None. If you want to bounty hunt you need a dedicated combat ship now.
>>
>>145098372
reee
I guess ill go to FDL again and try full mc build
>>
>>145098129
yeah Python is dogshit now, its only appeal is that it's got the largest internals of any medium ship
>>
>>145098682
>tfw need another 100m to get semi decent conda
when will the ride end
>>
File: 1464814065582.gif (137KB, 659x576px) Image search: [Google]
1464814065582.gif
137KB, 659x576px
>>145098886
It doesn't end
>>
>>145098886
grind the vette instead
>>
>>145099019
>federal ship
only emperors finest ships can satisfy me
>>
File: 345636464.jpg (87KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
345636464.jpg
87KB, 970x545px
>>145099152
Empire's finest? So basically the galactic low standard
>>
>>145099410
do not insult her greatness
>>
File: federation fuck yeah.jpg (873KB, 7680x4320px) Image search: [Google]
federation fuck yeah.jpg
873KB, 7680x4320px
>>145099152
>pukamaya
>>
File: 6784846868.jpg (41KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
6784846868.jpg
41KB, 600x480px
>>145099519
If we're going to compare her to her ships by standard, i can insult her for hours because she'd take an hour to turn around, when she comes with her rebuttal it misses to the left and right side of me, but at least she can run away fast.
>>
>>145099743
>>145099774
LEAVE THE EMPRESS AND HER SUPERIOR SHIPS ALONE
>>
>>145099961
empress a shit, space Trump will MEGA Make Elite Great Againpls
>>
>>145099961
>You'll never capture the Emperor and make her a slave, making sure you find the most abusive and sexually disturbed slavers in the galaxy, selling her ass for a tidy profit before you have to rendezvous with your federal bros.
>You'll never sit on the front seat of a Farragut after the final victory over the empire shitters, watching the neutron bombardment lit up the capitol in Achenar, watching millions upon millions of imperial citizens lose their lives as the world is sterilized.
>Zachary will never come over and pat you and your bros on the back knowing you were the elite that secured the final victory, blowing up the last Interdictor class >lolrotatingsection battlecruiser over the imperial homeworld.
>He slowly says ''good work guys, fuck the empire'' you nod in gratitude
>You will never live out your days on a small moon literally painted white by the scrapped hulls of thousands upon thousands of scrapped clippers, cutters, couriers, and iEagles
>You'll never reminiscence about the time you and your veteran bros annihilated the Empire out of the history book for the eternal good of mankind as you sell off melted down parts from your super scrapyard.
>>
Anyone else find it weird that fed ships have shit shields and lots of armor but the corvette is the opposite?
>>
File: I wonder.png (29KB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
I wonder.png
29KB, 219x186px
>>145100268
>space Trump
buying into jew propganda
good, good goy
>>
>>145100401
Why is it weird? Supposed to give you options. Want strong hull or shields?
>>
>>145100475

Generally in video games, factions will follow a specific design doctrine and stick to it instead of flip flopping around. This happens even in real life.

Also you don't have much of an option. It's just that large ships have now been relegated to a support role, which can be both good or bad depending on who you ask. You can't really fly a ship like a Corvette on your own anymore unless you want to get ripped apart by Eagles.
>>
>>145095242
Don't forget to report every single forumdad that attacks anyone in thread.
>>
File: eye_of_the_vision.jpg (891KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eye_of_the_vision.jpg
891KB, 1920x1080px
H-HELP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkI49Cvofk
>>
hey /edg

how's this build for combat/salvaging? i got a 120mil budget for a new ship and clipper looks pretty dank

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_clipper/2pktkFflkdpsnf416162g2g04040000B0052b2b2929C56b.Iw18aQ==.Aw18aQ==?bn=Test%20Clipper
>>
>>145101449
>Salvaging
came back to the game after the patch. What's this if I may ask?
>>
>>145101983
rng with more rng to help you with rng in case you need more rng.
that's 2.1 basically
>>
>>145101983

It's not at all what it sounds like. You just scoop up shit after blowing up stuff or dropping into a wreck or scooping up more shit that you may or may not need.
>>
>>145102218
Or you equip a collector limpet controller if you value the remnants of your sanity
>>
>>145101983
>>145102218
pretty much that. scooping up whatever interesting things i see from people i kill or from USS's that i see
>>
>>145102289

I figured it went without mentioning to use collectors.

I still remember way back when people were asking for drones to help with mining, and dads were actually arguing for keeping the way it is and having to scoop everything up manually.
>>
>>145102603
>manual scooping with a 400t cargo T-9

now i know how i am going to commit suicide
>>
>>145102603
>i want 50 million for free because i can't playe the game
space dads trigger me
>>
>>145102073
>>145102218
>>145102465
That's disappointing. I guess it's nothing new, though.
>>
>>145101449
so this is okay right?
>>
>>145095201
Even shit as simple as adding some outpost attacks, player wing missions, escorts, passenger transport... Evochron has missions where you have to shoot falling meteors out of the sky, for fucks sake. That'd be awesome.
>>
File: scitizen.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scitizen.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>144861993
Current state is atrocious. You can technically fly around at least but...
>>
>>145104525
You're making it out to be shittier than it is.
>>
God damn, Pythons sucks balls now.

Redpill me on FDL, please.

Is it worth it with fixed huge beam and 4 medium gimballed MC's? How's the heat management and it's tiny fuel tank?
>>
File: 1318026448053.gif (954KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1318026448053.gif
954KB, 400x300px
>Forums dads used to love Kornelius and Obsidian ant

>Now they're shitting on both of them for daring to speak out
>>
File: ansm.png (142KB, 511x564px) Image search: [Google]
ansm.png
142KB, 511x564px
>*Mod hat off
>>
>>145105694
>beams on FDL

enjoy your MELT

seriously, just make it a dakka machine and go full MC

also the internals on the FDL suck and the jump range is abysmal. You're better off with a FAS
>>
>>145106373
>full MC

I don't know if I would recommend that to anyone right now.

>Log in the one time this week
>Test out my Corvette with nothing but MCs
>Viper Mk IV is shield tanking seven multi cannons
>>
>>145106645
is the Viper IV any good now?
>>
>>145106737
Dunno. Abandoned it a long time ago.
>>
>>145106645

I've put fixed large MCs on my Vulture and I'm wrecking shit with it. It's great.
>>
>>145106373
>>145106645
Fuck, there's simply no way to have fun in this game? FDL sucks and I really don't want to grind fed ranks, esp since it looks broken atm.
>>
>>145107197
viper IV has better internals than FDL lol
>>
File: 1378750654923.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1378750654923.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>145105701
>mfw
>>
>>145107197
find a system in war or civil war, make sure it has a lot of stations close by and both factions fighting are federation, stack missions for rep and emone

alternatively, find a fed system that's in boom and has a bunch of terminals or outposts, stack delivery missions and get ~10% rep per half hour. got me to baron in like 5 days, but i did kind of no-life it
>>
>>145107536
this is baron from master, btw, so it's like 4 ranks
>>
>>145107536
>system in war or civil war
Will that spawn missions that has to do with the conflict within the system?
>>
>>145107892

It should, but you are at the mercy of a diceroll as soon as you enter the station for what missions you get, so good luck. You might get some missions that deal with the conflict, or you might get shitty data delivery missions.
>>
>>145107892
yes

also, if you want to stack even MORE conflict missions, there's a chance the warring factions have presence in other systems so you can grab missions from there, too
>>
>>145107536
Hm, I actually have to rank up only once for FAS, but it's so fucking ugly.
>>
Are dads turning on mods or is that one of us?
>>
>>145109568
>inb4 that guy gets banned
>>
File: Untitled.png (113KB, 785x221px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
113KB, 785x221px
This is really starting to get annoying
>>
File: cobramkiii_shipkit-2_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cobramkiii_shipkit-2_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
new thread needed
>>
>>145109568
Dunno, link. I made sure to report that Anders guy for being a dick
>>
>>145111761
isn't bump limit 750?
>>
>>145111761

are custom ships kits of any actual effects on actual piloting ? or just vision bullshit as usual ?
>>
>>145107183
>fixed
>multicannons
I don't understand you masochists. Fixed anything with a travel time is atrocious to use.
>>
>>145111761
did you play the first Elite game? did you play NFS Underground with your wife's son when it came out? Then you're gonna love the sex-spec showcar cobra mk.III bodykit! Comes with completely useless front splitter and rear wing!
>>
New thread
>>145111952
>>145111952
>>145111952
>>
>organised powerplay leaders have meeting with Fdev over powerplay issues
>fdev blames the community for not complaining loud enough
>says they can't afford to have non-retarded coded practises
>tells community to stop complaining about the shitty state of powerplay
>no fixes or improvements incoming
You can't make this shit up
>>
This thread is still on page one.
>>
File: 9001 ly in ms paint.png (1MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
9001 ly in ms paint.png
1MB, 1240x1754px
>edg exists
Holy shit I thought you guys died.
>>
>>145112037
Why did you make a new thread? theres 50 more posts till limit
>>
File: 1459514428933.jpg (40KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1459514428933.jpg
40KB, 722x349px
>>145112030
So those custom wings are completely useless you say... I knew it somehow.
>>
File: 14470170096460.png (18KB, 320x242px) Image search: [Google]
14470170096460.png
18KB, 320x242px
>>145112120
SOURCE NOW
>>
>>145112209
issue 53 when ?
>>
File: this 70 year old nigga.jpg (22KB, 633x235px) Image search: [Google]
this 70 year old nigga.jpg
22KB, 633x235px
>>
>>145112427
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteWinters/comments/4nh6tz/powerplay_meeting_in_a_nutshell/
Theres recordings floating around somewhere and the rest I gleaned from private powerplay forums.
>>
>>145112120
I don't want too believe that anyone could be this stupid, but then again >Ftroop

Do you have a source to back up your claims?
>>
File: 1354957163855.png (188KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1354957163855.png
188KB, 500x281px
>>145112717
M O T H E R F U C K E R S
>>
>>145113203
Its honestly impressive the level of incompetence they showed, the Mahon leader had to spend a few days in advance of the meeting teaching Sandro and the community manager how powerplay worked.
>>
File: 1393794734067.png (7KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
1393794734067.png
7KB, 227x200px
>>145112717
Good lord..
>>
>>145113643
You know I'm fucking angry about this, even if I don't really give a fuck about Powerplay.

What fucking shitty dev has a gall to revel in their incompetence? This is a totall pisstake.
>>
Holy shit should I even buy Horizons?

Seriously is the game dying or will it survive long enough to make money on next expansion and keep limping along?
>>
>>145114101
The funnest part is the leaders went in wanting Fdev to freeze Powerplay expansions/turmoil/preps (still letting people grind merits) until they could solve the bugs and do a rollback and they aren't even going to do that. They've completely fucked over the part of the community that took an unfinished mechanic and actually did something with it.
>>
>>145114404
Wait for the end of 2016, that's when the price shuld drop significantly.
>>
>>145114404
I would continue waiting till you actually get the content you paid for.
Thread posts: 722
Thread images: 149

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.