[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroidvania General - /mvg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hydracastle.png (34KB, 641x479px) Image search: [Google]
hydracastle.png
34KB, 641x479px
Let's talk about God's chosen genre. Or progression scheme. Or whatever you wanna call this.

What are you playing right now? What's the best in the genre? What's coming up on your radar?

Let's make /mvg/ a thing.
>>
>>144808379
That game looks pretty neat.

I think the best will probably always be Cave Story though. I also really liked La Mulana, until I got to that really queer part where it teleports you around. Then I got fed up with it.

The most recent one I've played is Axiom Verge, which I didn't really enjoy too much. I played Xeodrifter before that, it was okay but very short.

I've heard that the 2014 remake/reboot of Strider is actually quite good, so I'll probably check that one out soon.
>>
>>144809797

You just repeated, well, me.

LM is my favorite in the genre, Cave Story isn't really a Metroidvania imo but it's still one of my favorite games.

You're likely talking about the Gate of Illusion, which is incredibly annoying but that's also kind of the point - hence the taunting asshole faces on the wall.

I'm playing Strider right now actually, pretty good game. My only complaint is that it doesn't make it clear if I'm going to be able to actually come back and visit locations, does anyone know if Strider gets a warp/fast travel?
>>
>>144810012
Yeah, Gate of Illusion sounds like the place. I meant to go back to it and figure it out, but in the interim some other game must have caught my attention and took me away from La Mulana from so long that I'd basically have to start all over at this point.
>>
>>144810829

It's a lot easier to play the second time around.
>>
File: mulbruk.png (271KB, 476x482px) Image search: [Google]
mulbruk.png
271KB, 476x482px
>>144810012
>>144810829
>>144809797
>>144812264
I really hope the LM community revives after LM2 comes out.
>>
>>144808379
>What are you playing right now?
Martial arts run in Portrait of Ruin. Jesus Christ, fists are awful weapons.
>>
>>144823261
I actually haven't played any of the Castlevania games. Is Portrait of Ruin any good?
>>
>>144823552
It's my favorite one but the general opinion is that it's kind of a mixed bag. Try Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow. Or Circle of the Moon and Order of Ecclesia if you dislike easy games.
>>
>>144823963
I think I ought to start with Symphony of the Night. Might get a PSP and emulate it or something.
>>
>>144825976
Might as well use PSX
>>
metroid fusion > metroid *
>>
>>144848886
super metroid > fusion
>>
>>144850491
Zero Mission >fusion
>>
>>144858918
Nah, super metroid is the gold standard for metroidvania's.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.