[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hbg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 780
Thread images: 72

I can't get this shit right edition
Last thread
>>144458607

/hbg/ Wiki: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Plutoo Released Freakyhax more info on his twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/qlutoo?lang=en
Get FreakyForms before it gets Cubic Ninja'd
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: http://pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: http://pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-New Luma update lads. Get it here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.5
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from https://3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for original 3DS only. For details see Plailect's guide.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

>Vita
Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60.
>>
>>144524251
>>
I have a N3ds with GW both sysnand and emunand on 9.0.0.0-20 E and GW. Been using Nintendo DS profile to get to emunand.

Can I keep playing old games with this method or do I have to upgrade stuff? Think Gateway was on 2.4.3.

Don't wanna go through hax stages because I don't wanna spend hours to set up to it. I just wanna play newer the games and if I can play it on GW I don't mind using it.

Should I just update GW and possibly Emunand?
>>
>>144524251
What exploit do i need to run before i can use Loadiine on my wii u?
>>
Hey guys, can you install DS/GBA games onto a hacked 3DS? I told my friend about how easy 3DS's are to hack and he won't stop asking me for "advice" about it even though I told him I don't know shit about it besides what he can Google himself.
he's the kind of person who thinks that ".zip" is technobabble, should he even try this?
>>
>>144524481
No.
>>
>>144524435
Anon, I'm gonna be as nice as possible.
DITCH THE GATEWAY
The whole hacking process is really not that hard or scary, and in the end you're gonna end up with a KICKASS Nintendo 3DS
>>
Just wondering what to do now.

I have Luma3DS booting from CTR.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Looking at this. But pretty lost desu.

>>144524481
You can install GBA games. The .CIA needs to be installed on both EmuNAND and SysNAND, and the game needs to be launched from EmuNAND.
>>
>>144524435
>yfw even gateway wants you using a9lh now
just do it anon, follow plailect's guide and then do this shit after you've finished part 5: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-three-stage-2.429303/
>>
>>144524619

But I'm a lazy fuck and I don't care about slight improvements of performance or online play.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-05-11-16-47.png (364KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-05-11-16-47.png
364KB, 480x800px
So I was playing SMT4 Final and got to 6/8 Moon and pic related happened. It's just fantastic, I say with a very sarcastic tone.

rubber literally disintegrated when I moved left with my character, it also smells like a 100 year old rubber
>>
>>144524846
then yes, just update gateway and update emunand

non-a9lh gateway can't run gba vc nor retroarch emus though, kek
>>
File: 1463364486547.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463364486547.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
/hbg/-chan, daisuki~
>>
STARTING FUCKING PART 4
>>
>>144524846
If you think about it its way better to hace A9LH, you could lose the Gateway and your shit is lost forever. With A9LH you cant lose anything, and if you lose your micro/sd you just have to copy paste a back up to a new memory
>>
>>144524974
gay
>>
>>144524948

a9lh can run gba?
>>
>>144525009
>hace
Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
>>
>>144524974
Aishite imasu, smug animu girl-chan
>>
>>144525085
Checks out.
>>
>>144525085
My cover has been blown.
>>
File: outdated.png (392KB, 504x878px) Image search: [Google]
outdated.png
392KB, 504x878px
>why should I switch to Luma
>I'm on rxTools 2.6, is it safe to update emuNAND?
>what is a9lh
>it just werks xD
please read
>>
Is the Loadliine guide in the pastebin up to date?

Just making sure before i get started
>>
File: RADICOOL.webm (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
RADICOOL.webm
2MB, 320x320px
>>144525084
even if it didn't, you can use both luma sys and gateway sys

pic related, it's me running JPN sys, ENG emu, and GW JPN sys (X+Y) on boot
>>
>>144524936
use a flat button and glue that fucker in or buy a circle pad pro and replace the sticks OR google if they have the spare part for cheaper on amazon
>>
File: 1462757745523.png (1MB, 1120x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1462757745523.png
1MB, 1120x1078px
>>144525074
>>
>>144525314
two things:
- I meant to say USA emu
- Sorry for the nasty .webm res, too lazy to find out why it's shit and re-render the entire video while keeping it under 3mb for 4chan
>>
>>144525314

Tbh I have no idea what luma sys is.

Do I have to upgrade my Gateway, Emunand before I do the guide?
>>
>>144524628
Pls guys. I wanna be cool like you guys.
>>
>>144525268
You expect meming autist to read this instead of shitposting? Let them be on rxtool so we can see them bitch a moan later on how it suddenly doesn't work anymore on whatever fw they throw
>>
>>144524983
Good luck, it's not that bad.
>>
>>144525268
So how does i switch from rx to luma? I'm not using a9lh by the way, just standard emunand
>>
>>144525747
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
>>
>>144525561
LumaCFW is a CFW, formerly known as AuReiNand, which is a mod of another CFW called ReiNand. It's a free CFW that is on-par (if not, better) than RxTools, still gets updated, and is one of the most noob-friendly CFWs available today

Sys refers to SysNand and Emu refers to EmuNand. Luma Sys is "Running Luma on SysNand"

Normally, you'd think that's dangerous. However, with A9LH, it hacks the console before the OS even boots up, so you can run shit like Decrypt9 to restore a NAND.bin to sysnand even if you accidentally bricked/updated it.

>>144525561
No, you only have to update your DS Profile/Menuhax exploit so you use A9LH instead. You can do that by starting from Part 3 of this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-%28RedNAND%29

Make a backup of your entire SD card (and GW emunand) before you do any of this, though.
>>
>>144525838
>i quoted the same person twice, answering the two parts of their post separately
ok
>>
>>144525838
some other things to note:
- After you get your OTP.bin near the end of part 4, when it tells you to restore your emunand, restore your GW emunand backup instead of emunand_initial. Then, just go ahead and follow part 5 and the other guide anon linked
- Once you do this, you should only ever update sysnand through Sys Luma System Settings, and never through Gateway: Updating through Sys Gateway's System Settings WILL brick AND uninstall A9LH, but is otherwise safe to use on SysNand.
>>
>>144525820
Does it affect anything on my 3ds? Like deleting things, etc?
>>
Dear /hbg/.

How long does the whole procedure from listed 3DS guide usually take, assuming that everything would work as intended and tries in case of unstable elements wont be more often than 5?

What parts have to be absolutely done in one go (aka, sitting in front of your 3DS for whole time, without break to sleep/eat/whatever) in order to avoid bricking?

How faster is just taking steps 1-3?

Thanks for replies, like always.
>>
>>144526435
Nah. You keep your EmuNAND. Just change your CFW.

I did it literally 10 minutes ago. There was no noticable difference for me, and there probably wont be for you.

But having the latest shit is good.
>>
>>144526460
Your 3DS isn't going to explode if you don't do it all in one sitting anon. It usually just takes one shot if you follow the instructions to the letter and aren't a retard. Steps 1-3 isn't much faster than just doing the entire thing.
>>
>>144526460
>How long does the whole procedure from listed 3DS guide usually take, assuming that everything would work as intended and tries in case of unstable elements wont be more often than 5?
3-5 hours for the average user, bit longer for noobs, and like half an hour for the more experienced who skip steps (HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING)

>What parts have to be absolutely done in one go (aka, sitting in front of your 3DS for whole time, without break to sleep/eat/whatever) in order to avoid bricking?
Part 4 in its entirety should be done in a single sitting. Make an entire folder on your computer dedicated to hacking that specific 3DS, and never share that folder with any other 3DS or you could accidentally mix/match files (very bad)

>How faster is just taking steps 1-3?
About an hour or two, I think. Part 4's the thing that takes like 3-4 hours by itself.

If you don't care about your current data on your system, you can format it to (probably) make the downgrade more likely to work.
>>
>>144526290

Then is it smarter to ditch GW after I install Luma and a9lh?

Don't see the point of GW after installing CFW onto n3ds itself
>>
>>144526715
Why would you get rid of GW when you install something that lets you use both?
Going from GW to base CFW is inconvenient as hell.
>>
>>144526586
>But having the latest shit is good.
>not using a9lh
>enjoy being a peasant, menuhaxfag

>>144526715
pretty much, unless you care about their cheats feature and .3ds/.3dz shit... except you can still use gateway with your a9lh setup, so you might as well just use it

otherwise you'll have to re-download all your GW games as .cia, install them, then move your saves over before you can actually sell the damn thing itself. note that .cias will use your system header to play online instead of embedded headers in the .3ds/.3dzs, so do so at your own risk
>>
File: SD.png (51KB, 1116x431px) Image search: [Google]
SD.png
51KB, 1116x431px
This is what my SD card looks like.

What can I delete to tidy shit up without breaking stuff.
>>
time for /dreamhax/
post shit you think could be cool but isn't worked on and propably never will as it's either stupid or impossible

reverse uncart
>allows you to write to cartridges
>3DS can install .nds and other formats
>basically turns any physical game into a flashcart
>>
>>144526586
Can i still use ntr with luma?
>>
>>144526845

I don't play a lot of online because it was impossible for me to do without that header shit.

What good games came out in last 6 months? Wonder if they will work with 9.0.0.0-20 CW Emunand
>>
>>144526845
>pretty much, unless you care about their cheats feature and .3ds/.3dz shit... except you can still use gateway with your a9lh setup, so you might as well just use it
>otherwise you'll have to re-download all your GW games as .cia, install them, then move your saves over before you can actually sell the damn thing itself. note that .cias will use your system header to play online instead of embedded headers in the .3ds/.3dzs, so do so at your own risk
oh and, note that you'd then be using your system's sd card instead of the gw sd to store all your games, so you should take that into consideration if your gw sd is considerably higher than your system sd (after you install a9lh, move emu to sys, then delete emu, you can easily move stuff over by copying all your files over to the other card... make sure it's formatted as FAT32 or the 3ds won't read it)
>>
I'm trying to do a system update for redNAND but I'm getting this error message:

"An error has occurred. Unable to update.

The system will now be restarted."

What do?
>>
>>144526961
Yes. You'll need to update it tho.
>>
>>144526857

Look at the very end of the guide, doofus.
>>
>>144527106
inject redNAND backup
are you using Reinand?
>>
>>144527106
try updating rednand with profi200's sysupdater (google) using an 11.0 update pack for your model/region

alt. check if you have tubehax enabled, internet connection's good... but sometimes that can happen too (i forgot why, but there was a reason for it...)

>>144527096
headers are really easy to manage honestly, it's just the fact you have to steal them from offline-based games you buy yourself so they're "private"-ly yours.

but nobody really gives a shit about using their system header, so you can just play online with .cias anyway: nintendo hasn't done anything about this in the past 3 years or so

>>144527234
i don't think they bricked, i think they just can't update. i've had that issue before, but i can't remember why it happens. iirc waiting for like a day before updating fixed it, but i'm sure there's a much better solution out there
>>
>>144527096

Anyone for the second part of this question?
>>
>>144527442
too lazy to check if they work on 9.2 gw emu but:

- 7th dragon
- Bravely Second
- Triforce Heroes
- ... actually, that's all I've been playing. RPGs are long and TFH has a really high replay value (to me, at least)
- Soon: Zero Escape 3 (ZTD)

.. of course, i have no idea what your gaming tastes are
>>
>>144527402
>i think they just can't update
when I was on Reinand I remember that not writing to firm actually gave me an error when I tried updating with cakes on the frankenfirmware
it's propably not needed but injecting the clean emuNAND and trying again seems smoother to me
but you're still right, might just be a fucked internet connection or some shit like that
>>
>>144527597

What happened to Mario Sunshine getting released for n3ds?
>>
File: Cumshroom.jpg (346KB, 1507x818px) Image search: [Google]
Cumshroom.jpg
346KB, 1507x818px
Walküre no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu dump when?
>>
>>144527758
What? I've never heard about that (and I was just listing those games off the top of my head. There's probably more but I'd have to check. Ask /v/ or /nintyg/ or something)
>>
>>144526660

So basically better to reserve whole day for this procedure? Thanks.

>Make an entire folder on your computer dedicated to hacking that specific 3DS

I only have one anyway, so I dont think it would matter...

>If you don't care about your current data on your system, you can format it to (probably) make the downgrade more likely to work.

I actually do. I have saves for two games and Nintendo ID. Could those be transfered to CFW running console after whole thing?
>>
>>144527106
I'm also getting this error. I'm at the end of part 3 of Plailect's. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>144528118
>I actually do. I have saves for two games and Nintendo ID. Could those be transfered to CFW running console after whole thing?
Just attempt the downgrade on that system: A softbrick forces you to update to latest firm to fix it. A system transfer forces you to update to latest firm too.

If you DID softbrick and wanted a hacked console with your data, buy another 3ds, hack it, system transfer OFW 11.0 to hacked CFW 11.0 on the other 3ds, then sell your initial 3ds and continue with your data on the hacked one.
>>
>Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI)
>Navigate to SD then PlaiSysUpdater.cia and press A to install

I must do this on RedNAND or on SysNAND?
>>
>>144528265

>buy another 3ds

Costly solution.
>>
>>144528265
Also no, you can't hardbrick

>>144528358
Read again. They have nothing to lose attempting to downgrade their current console, only being forced to update to latest firm if it fails. No hardbricks.
>>
http://pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Is this everything i need to enjoy dank wii u piracy?
>>
>>144527402
Thanks for the reply, but I can't find the 11.0 update.

mega:///#F!IApGwLJL!kYHL5jMlDfd0rmn6a8DaFw

This is outdated. Any help?
>>
>>144528339
Did you inject the .app to sysNAND or redNAND?
You can do it bro, which H&S is still H&S and which one is FBI?
>>
>>144528545
maybe you could try getting the most recent update from there, update to whatever it is, then attempt updating with system settings again? Just make sure you get the proper n3ds-o3ds-region pack or you may brick
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 309x172px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 309x172px
Im using one of those cheap, possibly fake R4 cards, I've never had any problems with this before, but I'm trying to change the default skin, but the background image appears skewed when the top screen should appear like the attached picture.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Maybe to do with the file type?
>>
File: Akane.gif (36KB, 249x319px) Image search: [Google]
Akane.gif
36KB, 249x319px
I've broken down and I'm going to buy an R4I SDHC for that forwarding power. Where did you guys buy your R4i? I want to make certain I get the right one and not a ripoff.
>>
>All variations of sysUpdater, not just PlaiSysUpdater, has a very small chance of causing a "soft brick" once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

>The reason for this is unknown, but can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading. It seems to happen very often on systems with ambassador status or who have DSiWare installed.

Stupid question but can I just delete any DSiWare/ambassador stuff to avoid this?
>>
>>144528983
no
>>
File: WP_20160605_17_26_48_Pro.jpg (301KB, 1171x804px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160605_17_26_48_Pro.jpg
301KB, 1171x804px
>>144528768
Here's what it looks like on the actual system.
>>
>>144528637
I don't know, I just follow the guide...
I'm about to downgrade to 2.1, I'm scared
>>
>>144526586
I switch to luma but when i try to booted it up from hbl it says luma3ds.dat is missing, does i need to copy the .dat file too? As gbatemp doesn't told anything about copying the .dat file
>>
>>144528227
Anyone?
>>
>>144529173
.3dsx boot needs dat
a9lh needs arm9loaderhax.bin

>>144529153
The downgrade isn't scary. It's still on emuNAND. you're safe
the scary part is the rest of part 4 :^)
godspeed my child
>>
>>144529331
already has been answered
>shitty internet connection
>tubehax dns
>CFW blocks firm updates
>>
>>144529535
Internet connections stable, no tubehax, Plailect's says otherwise.
>>
>>144529361
I set everythings up but it's only show me a blackscreen when launching luma, does it need several tries or i did something wrong?
>>
>>144529050
I tried changing the image size but it just appeared more skewed as it got larger and still skewed but in a different way when smaller, maybe there's a jackpot perfect size?
>>
>>144529720
Are you using Luma?
Are you downloading files?
I once couldn't update as my PS4 was downloading GBs of gamepatches.

>>144529813
The first time launching it is kinda shitty as the menu doesn't like to boot
try holding select while booting and you should be able to get into the luma config
apply your patches and press start
>>
>>144530008
Yeah, luma, the most recent version. Nothing else is utilizing my home network, i've checked everything relevant from my router's end, and i've tried using both auto DNS settings and googles public DNS on my 3ds before updating.

Occasionally the progress bar moves a little bit at the start of the update before erroring out a minute or two later.
>>
I donwloaded Rayman Legends for loadiine but I noticed that it doesn´t have a meta folder (only code and content folders), is this a problem?
>>
>>144530008
Okay i use menuhax to boot luma instead and it works but ntr is bust, which ntr should i use anyway? I use shadow ntr anyway while using rxtools
>>
>>144530192
That shouldn't be the case.
How many times have you tried so far?
But I don't think it's because of the emuNAND itself.
>>
File: popup_02.jpg (817KB, 900x1595px) Image search: [Google]
popup_02.jpg
817KB, 900x1595px
???th for crushed dreams
>>
Soo, what can I do now with my 3ds after a sucessfull install of arm9loaderhax?
>>
>>144530981
20ish times. The homebrew irc suggested I try reinstalling my rednand from the backup, and that didnt have any success.

Is it possible the downgrade failed in some way?
>>
>>144530980
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
just realized I'm using 3.4 for both n3DS and o3DS
will try switching to 3.2 on o3DS
you just need the firmware.bin from part 3 in your /luma/ folder

>>144531260
usually when downgrades fail you can't even create an emuNAND/run unsigned CIAs so I don't think that's it
have you tried using PlaySysUpdater?
>>
>>144532028
I have not.

Could someone point me to the most recent u n3ds update pack?
>>
>>144532028
Thank you anon, it works again. At last i can escape completely from rxtools grasp.
>>
>>144528983
>>144529015
Okay, so I'm at the step where I try to use svdt to back up my save games before doing a system format. But certain games will just give me a yellow screen and not back up anything. Is there any way to fix this?
>>
Z T D W H E N
>>
>>144532868
>Z T D
June 28
>>
Give it to me straight /hbg/

When Generations hits the US will I be able to transfer my save over from MHX? If so, how? With a hex editor, or will it be harder? Will it be easier?

What's the consensus.
>>
>>144533226
Nobody can know if someone with the skills will make a transfer tool. It was done by hand with 4G, but that was somewhat ahead of the explosion of popularity of 3DS CFW.
>>
>>144533226
I think this time they actually changed some shit and didn't just translate it.
Also someone has to make the tool.
>>
>>144533226
Impossible to say for sure. We know that Generations will be missing a few things from MHX though, it's very much possible that it'll be a long manual process that ends up losing a few things regardless... so I wouldn't hold your breath for a practical solution.
>>
Am I supposed to use BigBlueMenu to install DLC on 3DS?
>>
>>144533635
Just use the latest FBI2, it has all of the magic that DevMenu and its clones have.
>>
>>144533536
What basis would you have for even speculating that? Capcom has forever been to lazy to do a thing like that.
>>
>>144533706
Is FBI2 in the pastebin?
>>
>>144533797
In the OP, I missed a space. It's FBI 2, not some kind of special fork or anything.
>>
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/739507480313499649

if you're not already using tubehax dns you better do so now
>>
>>144533706
>>144533797
Oh wait nvm. I tried using FBI to install but the DLC wasn't showing up.
>>
What is the title ID for Pokemon Omega Ruby? The 3dsdb says 11c4, but I only have 11c5 on my 3DS.
>>
>>144533729
There were some pictures on the MonHun General
something about making it more appealing for the targeted age group
like giving tips where to hit the monster and stuff like that
so doesn't seem to only be a translation patch with just a whole bunch of shit removed from the game
>>
>>144533419
>>144533536
>>144533565

Christ, maybe I should ask around on GBA temp if a conversion tool is in the works. Probably won't come out until Generations comes out though I'm sure.

I'm fine with playing MHX until it does though.
>>
>>144527758
Speculation over what became Paper Jam.
>>
>>144526586
>Nah. You keep your EmuNAND. Just change your CFW.
Does the same apply for switching from Gateway emuNAND to A9LH? I have a good number of games on my GW EN.
>>
File: dwight_question.jpg (11KB, 400x139px) Image search: [Google]
dwight_question.jpg
11KB, 400x139px
I have a few questions.
I'm an rxtools babby. Is there any reason to switch to Luma3ds? I'm content with where I'm at right now, does it provide any large benefits?
On an O3DS, is there any way to get a jap keyboard? I need it for a game password which requires moonrunes.
Is freeshop legit and is there a guide for it?
>>
Do you get banned if you post a loadiine game on the Smash Bros miiverse? I'm tempted, but also a pussy.
>>
>>144534152
Never mind, I figured it out. I do have another question. Is deleting broken user data a good idea?
>>
>>144533883
So does this mean IOSU soon?
>>
>>144534578
back up your emunand and once you have a9lh installed write that gw backup to sysnand with hourglass9
>>
What do you use to dump Wii U games? My Internet is so ass that it would be faster to borrow my friend's copy of Bayonetta and dump it.
>>
>Have to wait a week for FreakyForms to get here
>Constantly afraid that Nintendo will do something to make it autoupdate or not allow me to play it
Who else /paranoid/ here
>>
I installed a 3DS theme cia and all my old themes are gone. Uhh
>>
>>144535557
>overwriting sysNAND with a GW NAND backup
That doesn't seem safe.
>>
>>144535709
3DS can't autoupdate
>>
>>144535709
>Nintendo will do something to make it autoupdate or not
They can't. The most that will happen is that your device will detect an available update and prompt you to update.
>>
>>144535815
GW NAND is actually no different from your normal NAND. Hell, you could have a Luma3DS nand and use GW to boot into it. It is completely safe, I did it myself
>>
>>144535815
it is on a9lh tho
true mastereace

>>144535995
>Luma3DS NAND
what even
emuNANDs are all the same
there is only GW emu
only redNAND is different
>>
>>144536095
>emuNANDs are all the same
that is what I am saying. You can use any CFW to boot into any emunand since they are the same. RedNAND is just a slightly different implementation
>>
>>144535376
In time for chrismas, Hykem promised
>>
Could someone point me to the most recent n3ds u update pack. I'm having no luck updating my rednand in luma through system settings
>>
PS2 question please hep a guy out here. I have a modded PS2 and everything that I use to play burned discs on but I am trying to play shadow hearts and it has 2 discs. I heard you need dual layer discs but how does that work? Do I need to burn it to 2 separate discs or can I burn them both to the same one? HELP.
>>
So I just finished homebrewing one of my N3DSes and I have an ass of files/folders in the 3DS folder. Can anyone let me know what files I need to keep for it to run properly? I followed the github guide in the first post so it's pretty much directly after going through all 5 steps of that.
>>
>>144536341
Literally the last part of the fucking guide
>>
>>144536341
Scroll down you retard
>>
>>144536340
I would imagine you could burn two different discs. It's worth a shot, I guess. The game is 2 separate discs. I'm not sure how that works with disc burning.

>>144536095
>>144535995
Alright, I'll look into that at a later time, then. Thanks.
>>
>>144536579
>>144536710

It only shows outside of the 3DS folder, it doesn't mention anything about inside the 3DS folder, which is what I was asking about.
>>
Im using this guie to set up loadiine
http://pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Is it really just this easy or do i need more shit?
>>
File: 1463472396523.jpg (34KB, 960x498px) Image search: [Google]
1463472396523.jpg
34KB, 960x498px
yo when the fuck is someone gonna patch Freakyhax for the non-deluxe version
>>
>>144525649
what's confusing? just start from part 4
>>
Are you not able to go to friends list after the proccess?
>>
>>144537508
why the fuck did you buy the non deluxe version
>>
>>144535786
Okay now all my themes are gone. What did I do?
>>
File: 1455134244699.jpg (25KB, 470x599px) Image search: [Google]
1455134244699.jpg
25KB, 470x599px
>>144537686
I didn't.
I still have it installed from when I first got it in 2012.
I also can't find a copy of Deluxe in my local stores/online for a reasonable price (i.e. not £25).
I've seen it on gamestop for $5, it's not that unreasonable.
>>
>>144537790
I was slightly confused by your post, I read
>Okay now all my memes are gone. What did I do?
>>
>>144537508
why the fuck are you on 11.0 sysnand without a9lh?
>>
File: 1454795978843.jpg (54KB, 336x470px) Image search: [Google]
1454795978843.jpg
54KB, 336x470px
>>144537928
Because I'm a dumb fuck who just wanted to download Sm4sh DLC without going through all the hastle to set up a custom firmware thing.
>>
Let me rephrase my sentence, am I not able to access my friends list while on a9lh?

Everytime I click on the app it just freezes, also is it safe for me to access the nin store and sign to my nintendo account ?

I just finished doing this last night, please excuse my newness.
>>
File: 1465005577480.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465005577480.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>Decide that today is the day that I upgrade to a9lh
>Open the guide
>Those walls of text

Is it really worth all this shit?
>>
>>144538074
>not getting cfw and getting all the dlc for free wihtou ever needing to update the actual firmware
L
E
L
>>
Has anyone successfully used smashhax to downgrade? I can get to the homebrew menu but PlaiSysUpdater always gets stuck at Hax Init...
>>
>>144536850
>/3ds/
all homebrew you want to keep?
>/Nintendo 3DS/
the biggest folder has all your previous games. feel free to delete any other folder but private if you have one

>>144538181
Let your 3DS sit for 10min after opening friendlist
Not even joking

>>144538204
Ye
>>
How do I get GBA working on a9h? I followed the tutorial to cfw my 3DS and everything went well. I don't have a emmunand anymore because of the tutorial btw
>>
>>144538204
>can't read a couple screen of instructions
>anime poster
It's definitely not for you
>>
File: 1456344458376.jpg (45KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1456344458376.jpg
45KB, 640x624px
>>144538269
>getting all the dlc for free
Shit, that sounds useful.
And I don't really play online, so that's even better.
>>
>>144538327
I guess that's what I wasn't sure about. So nothing in that /3DS folder is needed to boot or anything right? Like I still have OTPHelper and stuff in the folder but I don't see myself using that kinda stuff again since I'm already good to go

Thanks for the actual reply by the way, much appreciated
>>
>>144538327
>>144538394
I honestly don't mind doing all this since I'm pretty max autist and always try to improve everything to the best it can be, the only thing that's bugging me is that I've heard it involves you putting your 3ds at risk again and with the N3DS being unstable as shit with the original downgrade I'm having second thoughts.
>>
>>144524251
Now was that so fucking hard OP?

But really, better late than never.
>>
>>144538468
Deleted most of the shit too.
As almost everything has an alternative CIA version you don't really need hbl anymore
Unless there's some comfy homebrew you plan to keep you neither need the payload, boot.3dsx nor the /3ds / folder

>>144538724
All the files are being checked by the tools
no more 90% brick chance - writing firm before everything else - kinda things
there's still RNG but that will always be the case
>>
Has anyone here tried out that new 7th Dragon for 3ds?
>>
>>144537418
Anyone?
>>
File: 1452022784955.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452022784955.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
How long until a9lh gets updated for 11.0?
Currently, the only option is to hardmode the system and downgrade.
>>
>>144538295
After some googling it seems like I need to downgrade from 10.7 to 10.5 before downgrading to 9.2 or else it won't work. Do links for 10.5 exist? I can't for the life of me find one.
>>
Trying to install Fates DLC keeps giving me errors. What do?
>>
is bravely default and bravely second really 3 gb?
>>
File: 1448372997411.jpg (164KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1448372997411.jpg
164KB, 650x488px
>>144534707
pls resond
>>
>>144538926
Sounds good, gonna charge the DS and get rid of that. I really don't like my list of homebrew being so crowded with shit I'm never gonna use.

Much thanks for the help
>>
>>144538959
I have it, not half bad
>>
>>144538959
Its pretty good but its not for everyone. If you like dungeon crawlers then give it a go. Difficulty is moderate.
>>
>>144539168
A9LH works just fine on 11.0 ;)
>>
Is there a good video guide out for setting up oot3dhax on a n3ds?
>>
File: 1453782684534.png (4KB, 164x202px) Image search: [Google]
1453782684534.png
4KB, 164x202px
>>144539438
I'm talking about installing it on 11.0, not updating from a pre-existing install on a earlier firmware.
>>
>>144539168
Never
>>
Do emulators count as homebrew (i.e. Citra)?
>>
What's a good Pokemon romhack?

There's so many of them, are they even worth playing?
>>
>>144539307
So does it play like Etrian Odyssey?
>>
>>144539592
When you go out and find a kernel exploit on 11.0.

We're all waiting.
>>
>>144537418
ANYONE?
>>
File: 1452075542062.jpg (465KB, 892x456px) Image search: [Google]
1452075542062.jpg
465KB, 892x456px
>>144539791
Well shit.
Any idea on how long until we find a easy way to downgrade then?
>>
>>144539860
I like the Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series (especially 1 Reign of Legends and 3 Life of guardians) a lot, but they're only GBA hacks. Still good ones and worth checking out imo
>>
>>144539860
Meme sapphire.
>>
File: Damage Control.gif (1MB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
Damage Control.gif
1MB, 450x333px
>>144539987
Don't be so smart alec, anon.
>>
Okay so every time I install a new theme using FBI, it deletes all my old ones. Is it supposed to do that?
>>
>>144539229
Luma is actually still getting updates. Might as well change now, who knows what a new system update will bring.
>>
>>144540186
>Don't be so smart alec
nice grammar
>>
File: 1458705028825.jpg (69KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1458705028825.jpg
69KB, 500x678px
>>144540325
It's spelt that way when you google it.
Did you want it with a K at the end?
>>
>>144538356
Anyone?
>>
>cakes hasn't had a new nightly in a month
>hasn't had a new stable in 3

is it dead?
>>
>>144538356
you just install the GBA Inject?
>>
>>144538959
>>144539275
>>144539307
>>144539953
>tfw nobody will ever post the qr code for you
;_;
>>
>>144540463
it's actually "Don't be a smart alec," but yeah
>>
>>144540509
it works automatically when you run Luma
>>
>>144540581
I just installed the .cia
>>144540690
I get a black freeze screen upon booting any gba games
>>
>>144540558
Something that was dead to begin with cannot die.
>>
>>144540558
Nope
>>
>>144539991
forever
11.0 never ever
>>
Do you still have to install the patched AGB these days or does Luma sort that shit out for you?
>>
File: 1462156806563.png (249KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1462156806563.png
249KB, 340x314px
>>144540929
>never ever
>>
>>144540929
Wait, shit! I was just taking about upgrading to a9lh but it can't be done if your emuNAND is on 11.0?
>>
>>144541145
no, you should be able to do it just fine. just start at part 4: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-%28Getting-the-OTP%29
>>
Can >cakes bypass the extra online check that these Luma fags keep asking about?

I used to use ctr-httpwn but it stopped working recently, is there a similar work around for a 10.7 hbl only ds?
>>
>>144540647
just download the cia it's already been posted by a few people
>>
>>144541323
yes but i'm too dumb not to use the qr code
>>
>>144541028
luma does it for you automatically
>>
>use this guide: http://pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
>launch site and try to boot HBL
>get SD mount failed every time, while i followed the instructions to a T

What am i doing wrong?
>>
>>144541468
you'd have to be the most retarded person to ever live to not be able to install the cia. Literally just drag and drop into your folder and install
>>
>>144541595
>you'd have to be the most retarded person to ever live
Yep, I pretty much am
>>
>>144541265
There's no extra online check, just the usual friends list version check. The only reason you couldn't go online with Luma 5.4 is because Luma had a patch for that that always (unconditionally) patched the version to 10.7 levels and Nintendo started requiring 11.0. The fixed patch now only patches the version up, not down.

ctr-httpwn should still work.
>>
>>144541245
Why 4? Shouldn't I do part 3?

I did my cfw back when the exploit first came out so I've never touched any of this rednand stuff
>>
>>144541591
Did you remember to actually put the SD card back in your Wii U? Try taking it out and putting it back in anyway, some cards sometimes fail to make contact.
>>
>>144541809
read the preface of part 4 about emunand and rednand
>>
>>144541726
How much did you pay to get CFW on your 3DS?
>>
>>144541809
Oh right, changing the name get's really confusing sometimes.

Should've just stuck with calling it emuNAND, thanks anyway.
>>
>>144541809
from the guide
>If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that.
>>
>>144539521
Check youtube. No, I'm not kidding.
>>
Just got a PSTV for free off a friend that didn't use it. It has 3.20 so I decided I'd try hacking it. I installed TN-V using the mail exploit and some random PSP demo I put on it through my PSP, but I don't really get how I'm supposed transfer homebrew to it. Anyone know how to transfer files to the PSP/GAME part of the internal storage? I don't have a memory card.
>>
>>144541879
It is in the wii u

Could it be because its a Micro SD using a adapter?
>>
>>144541728
Hm, I'll try again but I've been getting the "an update is required" message.

Would it be because of an o3ds running smash/mhx in extended memory mode? I.e. rebooting and wiping the bypass made by ctr-httpwn?
>>
>>144542021
through my PS3*
>>
>>144541998
they didn't change it, rednand really is different. it functions the same on the outside, it's just a bit more optimized in terms of speed/space

but yeah, just follow all the steps as if "rednand" said "emunand" and you should be good (it says that in the preface of part 4)
>>
>>144542073
Yeah, that'd do it. I don't think there's a way to play those games with httpwn on O3DS.

You should probably just get around to downgrading and using CFW.
>>
>>144541962
NOTHING I DID IT MYSELF WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE GUIDE
EVERYTHING WENT PERFECTLY
>>
>>144542195
I have done on my o3ds, just not updated to 11.0.

I ask about hbl bc my friend used to go through ctr-httpwn to play smash. He's a latefag and won't let me load cfw yet. Idk why.

Thank you for your help anon.
>>
>>144541879
Reinserting it helped i guess

Thanks
>>
Obligatory /hbg/ Music Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZsgNHquM
>>
>>144542851
I prefer this one, personally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrxX9TBj2zY
>>
>>144543473
Lets make the Pirate theme the Success theme and the Brick theme the failed one
>>
>>144542551
don't do it
something will go wrong and he will blame you for it
your friendship will fade and as he can't play on his 3DS he will spend his time talking to your oneitis
they will fall in love and you won't be invited to their wedding
don't install CFW for him
>>
>>144543473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9ehAUOjQk
>>
File: 1464058494000.png (537KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464058494000.png
537KB, 800x480px
>>144542851
>>144543473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkplPbd2f60
>>
>>144539953
from what i've played it's basically Etrian but in a top-down perspective and not having to map the dungeons
>>
Why does everyone use fucking MEGA to upload cia files.

I'm always getting errors downloading from there
>>
>>144543756
Waoh, I'm gonna uninstall OoThax and update his 3ds right away!

You saved me bro.
>>
>>144543936
I've never had issues with MEGA. At least it isn't datafile where every download takes +10hrs to finish
>>
>>144543936
mega and google drive are probably the best places to download them from, never had any problems from there, you can try downloading the game via qr with fbi if you want
>>
>>144543890
Basically, it's a fair bit easier than EO and you only have three man teams, with two back up teams you can swap at any time outside of a fight.

The story is anime nonsense and it's a bit too easy, but what I've been playing of it has still been pretty good. I just wish there was more of a bite to the difficulty, once you find the more overpowered setups you can just roll through anything.

The reason people compare 7th Dragon to EO is because the first game in the series was made by former EO devs, and the music is by the same composer.
>>
>>144543936
I use the mipony download manager when downloading from MEGA.
>>
>>144543936
Use Jdownloader
>>
>>144536340
you could burn it on 2 dvd5, and change the discs when the game requires it, or burn it on a single dvd9
for the 2 dvd5, you should use the version of the game with 2 .iso
for the 1 dvd9 you should use the version of the game with 1 .iso
don't put 2 .iso on a dvd9
>>
Why are yellow screens on menuhax getting more frequent? Shit didn't happen as much as it did now.
>>
>>144545206
>menuhax

Well there's your problem, ololololololol.
>>
>>144543936
it just werks for me
>>
>>144545206
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/
>>
Is it worth the hassle to get a9lh on your 3ds when you already have emunand
>>
IOSU when?
>>
>>144544349
also the fact that 7th Dragon 1, even with the "easy mode" patch, is hard as balls
>>
File: 1398121717338.jpg (195KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1398121717338.jpg
195KB, 922x882px
Just finished all 5 parts and currently installing a game I've been wanting to play.

Can I delete the .cia file after FBI installs it or do I need to keep it on the SD card? I only have a 4gb memory stick.
>>
I havent messed with my 3DS since february or whatever and now I need to update my shit.
Should I go with the Luma3DS thing?
Also I read the tutorial and it mentions that there three ways to install it depending on the method I use now: Homebrew Launcher, CTR Boot Manager, or Menuhax, but what I have been using to boot the CFW till now is the browser method where I go to a link and the rxtools screen shows up, booting the emuNand or whatever its called.
Which of the methods that corresponds to?
>>
File: 1375007573487.gif (2MB, 240x181px) Image search: [Google]
1375007573487.gif
2MB, 240x181px
yo guys I'm completely lost here

installed rxTools on a 6.3.0-12E 3ds and used browserhax, now I haven't touched it in months but browserhax doesn't seem to be working anymore and I guess I need to update a lot of shit

what should I update to? Found some guide for upgrading rxTools to Luma but it doesn't mention browserhax and I'm retarded
>>
Is there a way to spoof FW on 5.5 yet?
Seems 5.6 will drop soon™.
>>
>>144545601
Yes
>>
>>144546016
you can delete it afterwards, if you install it with a cia on the sd you need double the space so if a game is 2gb you need 4gb free, if you install by just scanning the qr code you only need the first space
>>
>>144546165
cool thanks!
>>
File: 1361223626009.gif (1MB, 532x372px) Image search: [Google]
1361223626009.gif
1MB, 532x372px
>>144546041
>>144546093
sick dude
>>
File: fd.jpg (85KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
fd.jpg
85KB, 466x700px
who's ready for some triforce heroes? (i have all 3 regions)
>>
ZTD leak when
>>
>>144547046
When>>144531068 gets dumped.
Never ever
>>
>>144546093
>>144546041
Heres what you gotta do

Install smealum Homebrew Launcher on 3ds as well as menu hax(Plenty of guides should be simple drag drop into sd then clear browser and cookies from browser and back out before anything loads on browswer and then restart ds scan qr code for website click the thing on the corner and youll get into it. If it fails to launch and crashes browser just reset cookies and history again and keep trying its fucking random)

Then when you finally get into homebrew launcher install menu hax and if it says change your theme before it can work just restart ds change theme and go back to browser and menu hax. From here just follow the luma guide

I did this with 9.2 whatever so I dont know anything else good luck
>>
>>144547046
Beggar critical mass has not been achieved yet, keep asking
Remember, it worked with 9.9
>>
>>144547390
Oh I forgot to mention menuhax should be installed with a cia file at the start from your emunand.

Since the rxtools site is gone there is an alternative just google "Battlefield Rxtools" on your 3ds browser and it should be the first link
>>
Ive gotten OoT and powersaves, whats the most retard proof guide for installing everything, i dont even know where im suppose to be starting on the oot3dhax page on github
>>
>>144547751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfSIaK2DGZU
you can follow that if it's too confusing
>>
>>144547751
Go to System Settings and update first if you want the most kickass features.
>>
File: 1305752453064.jpg (40KB, 414x472px) Image search: [Google]
1305752453064.jpg
40KB, 414x472px
>tfw just finished Plailect guide
feels good man. Those "cross your fingers" steps were a bit stressful but it was a fun process overall.

Now I just go to this titlekeys place and get my free games using FBI, yes?

I wish the guide ended with a "what now?" section.
>>
>>144548371
yeah
>I wish the guide ended with a "what now?" section.
why? it's not like they can put "now you can steal every single game!' or something
>>
>>144548371
You've got a fully cracked open system, son.
What comes next is where ever your dreams take you.
>>
>>144548371
i feel ya, bro, just did it myself 2 days ago

get free store from https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop

get encTitleKeysUpdater from https://github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases/tag/v1.1

start freestore once, then open encTitleKeysUpdater, hit update, then exit and go back to freestore
it should start listing games and you can select and download/install by clicking the pic
>>
is harvest moon a new beginning any good? If not what's a better farming game ?
>>
what is "screen init" for arm9loaderhax?
>>
>>144548973
>is harvest moon a new beginning any good?
no
> If not what's a better farming game ?
None of them
>>
>>144548531
>>144548720
>>144548964
thanks m8s

I'll check out the freeshop and hang around the general for a while
>>
>>144547390
>>144547547
thanks guy, will try this now

>>144546041
did it work for you if you've already tried it?
>>
>>144549298
I heard some good things about story of the seasons and rune factory 4 though
>>
File: 1464644332800.png (88KB, 253x224px) Image search: [Google]
1464644332800.png
88KB, 253x224px
I know you guys probably get this question all the time, but can the files for a hacked
vWii and Wii U be on the same SD card? And whats the biggest SD card the Wii U supports?
>>
>>144549558
think so
>>
>>144549434
rune factory is not all farming, it also has progression aspects to it.
>>
>>144549415
Plailect guide has a section for upgrading sysNAND to 9.2
I don't think menuhax works on anything lower than 9.0
>>
>>144539860
>6+ gen
They're all balls. Play 3rd - 5th gen romhacks.
>>
>>144549990
nigga menuhax works on nearly every firm
>>
Does anyone have a link for attack of the friday monsters a tokyo tale cia?
>>
>>144549434
>>144549874
yeah, i fucking love rune factory 3 and 4 (the first two are a bit slow, but the games are hardly tied to each other anyway, so you can enjoy them separately)
>>
>>144550171
So how does rune factory 4 play aside from the farming stuff thinking about downloading it
>>
>>144539860
Start from the 4th gen with Platinum and go your way up, the games before it all got a remake.
>>
Has there actually been any vita isos online yet?
>>
>>144550157
do this, it's in there

>>144548964
>>
>downloaded JP Gunvolt from a shitty capped site
>converted it to cia
>installed it
>just realised I could've just done it via QR
It's a wonder I installed a9lh without messing up hugely.
>>
>>144550538
iirc the cobra blackfin is supposed to be a way to "share games with your friends", so i guess ISOs will hit the web once the cobra is out
>>
>>144550391
think kingdom hearts, except eagleview like 2D zelda

that's basically the combat system, and the farming's just about as fast-paced in RF3 and 4. really fun games: when i was NEET, i played RF4 nonstop for an entire month
>>
how can i play sonic adventure 2 on my hacked 3ds?
>>
>>144551008
you become this kid: http://gbatemp.net/threads/exploits-on-11-x-read-post.429760/
>>
>>144551008
you can't
>>
>>144551008
download the dolphin emulator and you can play sonic adventure 2 battle on your 3ds on the go
>>
>>144551008
buddy that's a dreamcast/gamecube game if i ain't mistaken
>>
>>144551008
Not going to happen, but you could play Sonic Advance 2 and fuck around with the Tiny Chao Garden
>>
>>144551008
if you meant Advance 2 I'm pretty sure you can play it on the native GBA emulator that the 3DS Ambassador games are played legitimately on somehow, haven't done it myself
>>
>>144548371
>>144548964
>>144549350
>not just using CIAngel

Freeshop doesn't let you download updates or DLC
>>
>>144551731
installing it right now desu, gonna check it out
>>
I've made the downgrade to 2.1, but in the settings the version istill is 9.2. Is this normal?
>>
>>144551924
no
>>
>>144552006
I did the downgrade trough the RedNAND, I don't know what I did wrong
>>
>>144552349
well you can't boot into 2.1 rednand anyway so you can't check it's firmware, 9.2 is just your sysnand
>>
>>144551731
>>144551731
Can you post a pic of CIAngels UI?
Also doesnt CIAngel just download the CIA and you have to go to FBI to install it which is just more hassle?
>>
>>144552447
The One Click Setup validate it before doing stuff?
>>
>>144551921
holy fuck why did i say desu i wanted to say desu

anyways apparently CIAngel ain't as pretty, but it has more games so it's better in my book

>>144552590
trying pokemon x install to test it rn, seems to directly install it instead of downloading to SD
>>
>>144552590
>Also doesnt CIAngel just download the CIA and you have to go to FBI to install it which is just more hassle?
No. CIAngel downloads the cia, installs it, and that's all. You don't need to download or delete anything. A straight download as if it was eshop.

+ updates and DLC
>>
>>144552664
after you do all that then it's fine
>>
>>144552756
>CIAngel
Where can I download this ?
>>
i have the japanese and usa versions of fire emblem fates installed. how would i go about switching the save from the jp to the us version? i extracted the jp save with jksm before installing the us game but when i went back to import the save, only one fates came up. what do i do?
>>
>>144552831
You can only be spoonfed so much. Get off your lazy ass.
>>
>>144552831
did you fucking google it retard
>>
>>144552831
google is your friend, pal

https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases

i just realized that CIAngel dosen't allow downloading multiple games at once
you can make a queue and install that if you want to, but that sucks ass so i guess i'll stick to freestore
>>
File: 1447231240115.jpg (297KB, 794x577px) Image search: [Google]
1447231240115.jpg
297KB, 794x577px
>tfw got a 128gig micro sd for $20 on craigslist
It's every single gave I have downloaded + VC games.
god bless homebrew
>>
Is that hacksn5s4 kid legitimately autistic?
>>
File: Zero Time Dilemma.jpg (2MB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Time Dilemma.jpg
2MB, 1357x1920px
Any ZTM theme for 3ds?
>>
>>144553090
>>144553093
Someone must have called you nigger on the wrong day
>>
>>144553208
more games = more time to load right?
i only got 15 games and my 3ds boots like it's not even hacked.
>>
>>144550146
are you retarded
there were no fucking themes before 9.0 so how the fuck is it supposed to work
>From 9.0.0-X up to and including 10.5.0-X, for X up to and including 30.
from 3dbrew itself
>>
Ok I got CFW up and running in my 3DS.
Now how do play out of region games?
>>
>>144554085
Got Luma? It's native. Otherwise run NTR on top of your CFW.
>>
welp rxTools is not launching my emunand through browserhax for some reason, screen goes black for a moment and then I'm back in sysnand

any ideas why?
>>
>>144554262
Did you update emunand to 11?
>>
File: a9lh master race.jpg (450KB, 3600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
a9lh master race.jpg
450KB, 3600x1800px
>>144554085
get a9lh. then everything will be region free iirc
>>
>>144554085
Just launch the game.
If you want to use DLC with games from different regions google "luma3ds region emulation".
>>
>>144554262
>why won't my 1000 year old car start
>>
>>144553893
I haven't noticed any huge jumps in load time, the only slowdown I've noticed is custom badges take a second to show up.
>>
File: 1460306772109.jpg (43KB, 313x700px) Image search: [Google]
1460306772109.jpg
43KB, 313x700px
>>144524251
Quick question, fags like to brag Freeshop, but what does it have that Ciangel or FBI doesnt?
>>
Is it possible to install CFW on a 4.8 PS3 or do I need to downgrade
>>
>>144554613
Bugs.
>>
>>144554376
To be honest I can't remember. I used it like two months ago but then I had to use the SD card for my camera for a while and now when I've restored all the files it just doesn't start

>>144554489
yeah I know I'm gonna upgrade now but I need to launch it like this first
>>
>>144554613
A nice interface. At the moment I really wouldn't use it, but I'm sure it's gonna be a fine piece of software after it got some development.
>>
>>144554613
a much nicer UI and download speeds
a queue system
the creator taking suggestions and planning to implement them in future updates
>>
>>144554546
ok. because i just saw a youtube vid that the a9lh just boots too slow.
>>
>>144554613
no dlc
>>
>>144554719
I might have updated emunand to latest version two/three months ago actually now when I try to remember
>>
Otphelper is not launching from http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin. Any help?
>>
>>144554832
I haven't done a9lh, I homebrewed when everyone jumped on the band wagon a few months ago and haven't messed with it since. N3DS cakes
>>
>>144554956
Put arm11.bin on your sd card root
>>
File: 144898875156.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
144898875156.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>144555057
well, you can do a9lh if you have some free time. just start from part 4.
>>
so do I get rid of my emunand now that I got cfw
>>
>>144555035
Make sure you have both arm9.bin and arm11.bin on your SD, and also make sure that you put your SD back in after taking it out to boot.
>>
>>144542851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGM8PT1eAvY
>>
>>144555429
I'm not sure what the purpose is and I'm a little worried that I'll somehow fuck up and ruin everything now that I've got everything working fine
>>
why is the smash mods guide pastebin so terrible

>Linux
>you're on your own lel

>not just saying both Mac OS and GNU/Linux can run ifconfig in terminal to find the ip
>>
>>144555519
copy all files from SD card, reformat the SD and copy the files back IIRC
>>
>>144555519
if you finished the guide then you don't have an emunand anymore everything is on the cfw sysnand
>>
>>144524936
where u find cia
>>
>>144543936
>uncapped speeds
>large uploads allowed
>super easy to use command line download tools available
>no waiting time
Geez, why'd anyone EVER use that site?
>>
>>144525338
>glue that fucker in
>fucker in

Can you be any more than a fucking faggot.
>>
>>144550391
It has RPG elements, like fighting enemies, collecting drops and exploring dungeons. You can also choose a waifu, marry her and have a kid.
>>
>>144556680
>owned by chinks
>no ads
they do something really weird with your data, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were selling them to the copyright holders.
>>
>>144552752
it's so cute watching a newfag being confused about what happened to their post
>>
what the fuck i don't wanna deal with the cia.
is this just a gigantic honeypot
>>
>>144556873
how would you rate the waifus breddy good?
>>
>>144557080
i just realized it
i'll go lay down and cry now
>>
>>144555084
uh sorry but where do I find a download for that file
>>
>>144557393
wew lad
>>
>>144552934
please respond
>>
Hello you beautiful people! Thanks again for your assistance yesterday helping me troubleshoot. I've gotten Luma properly installed, but I have a couple questions

Primarily, am I able to play games over wifi? Will I need an nnid for this, and if so, is it now safe to connect? Many times in the setup guide it makes it very clear that I shouldn't connect an nnid, so I just want to be safe and not royally fuck something up

Other than that, are there any actions I should avoid? Any settings or options I shouldn't touch? Again, just want to make sure I don't mess up and have all this work be for nothing
>>
>>144557557
yes no yes
don't accidentally overwrite a9lh
>>
How long until amiibo make a user exploit
>>
>>144557074
They're bound to be doing something fishy behind the scenes but fuck if they haven't made things convenient, and it's not like I'd trust any of the other sites more than these bastards. I'll keep enjoying the Chinese botnet's fruits without getting fucked over myself, thank you.
>>
File: 1350815155243.gif (500KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1350815155243.gif
500KB, 500x281px
>>144557441
I've been looking for like 15 minutes
>>
>>144558172
https://github.com/d0k3/OTPHelper/releases/
>>
>>144558147
even Kim "Jong Un" Dotcom recommends not using Mega because of the chink takeover.
>>
File: rosetta02.png (543KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
rosetta02.png
543KB, 852x480px
>>144557235
Is not the best one in that aspect imo. But my opinion is a little biased because Rosetta will always be my favorite bachelorette.
>>
>>144558172
>>144558257
Oh shit nevermind, I meant to reply to the person below you for the first post, your problem is still being an rxtard, just switch to a real cfw
>>
STARTING FINAL PART
>>
File: Believe.png (597KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Believe.png
597KB, 1600x900px
>>144558537
I believe in you friend
>>
I have a question, when a9hl is all said and done and you have games and shit, what will I have to do when a new update rolls in? can I just update whatever nintendo releases on the emu ?

If not will I still be able to play online?
>>
>>144558537
>>144559352
I don't.
>>
>>144558537
*do at your own risk* is just a meme. a9lh is easy as fuck. when it came out i didnt even hesitate to try it. you're good.
>>
>>144559937
yep
>>
Anybody knows if the n3ds streaming thing ever got out of preview 2?
Or if there's another alternative that isn't hardmodding your 3ds?
>>
Am I retarded or is Earthbound/Mother 2 CIA nowhere to be found? The QR code on titlekeys gave me an error when scanning on FBI.
>>
>>144560181

Virtual Console .cia that is.
>>
>>144559937
>emu
>>
>>144560181
what error?
>>
>>144560181
hope you don't have an o3ds
>>
File: 1424788921304.jpg (44KB, 238x323px) Image search: [Google]
1424788921304.jpg
44KB, 238x323px
>>144547390
Kinda later here but thanks man

>>144549415
Yeah that worked for me.
Had to install the Homebrew starter kit, then used a QR-code to open the homebrew (which fails a lot of times till it works), installed menuhax through that, put the Luma stuff on my SD card, started 3DS holding L to open Homebrew and install Luma there, and updated my emuNand to last version.
And I also fucked up and realized you cant change to a custom theme in the normal 3DS anymore because that turns off the menuhax installation so I had open Homebrew through the QR-code again...

Everything working now for me.
>>
File: ir chip.jpg (557KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ir chip.jpg
557KB, 1600x1200px
>hardbrick 3ds like an idiot
>order 4-pin jst connectors and they come with the male end attached and no female end
>in the process of opening up the 3ds to hardmod it the IR chip pops out because I opened it too hard like a spastic

Holy shit I'm so bad at this
>>
>>144560743
if you hardbricked then you probably shouldn't be hardmodding anyway as it's more complicated, should've just let someone else do it
>>
>>144560657
>>144560541

Ah, is that it? I actually thought so. That explains "Summary: Not Supported" in the error itself. Fucking Nintendo, making me buy the same console sixteen times to play my vidya.
>>
>>144560886
download blargSNES, should run your games with an alright-ish framerate.
>>
>>144560874
It's literally the same shit as doing a hardmod downgrade, the extra stuff only applies to GW-induced intentional bricks triggering NAND password protection.
>>
>>144546814
Trying to download that through Freeshop right now.
Do you need to add people through Friendcode or can I just find rooms online to play with people?

Also anyone know how do I play Fantasy Life online
>>
>>144560743
Noone uses the IR anyways.
>>
>>144561038

Thanks for the tip anon, mind telling me where to extract the two files in the blargSNES zip? I notice that one is similar to others in the /3ds folder.
>>
>>144554613
Is Ciangel better than freeshop? If so in what way?
Freeshop been working fine for me so far, and all it really needs in my opinion is a way to download game updates.
>>
How do I get rxtools to work with a9lh?
>>
>>144533883
didn't work for me, mac block ftw
>>
>>144561431
cool, my FC is in trip if you didn't notice. what's yours? (i am about to play with a random gfaqs user if you want to join us. they're still pretty noob and we're communicating on discord if you want to join)

https://discord.gg/013VGhqT15tTh3oeO
>>
when trying to open the homebrew, did you get "an error has occurred" message? I've had it more than ten times by now
>>
>>144561784
why
>>
>>144561585
I'd just install the cia and skip the 3dsx files
>>
>>144561609
Ciangel auto updates directly with new keys which is nicer, but freeshop looks better

Ciangel also has game updates and DLCs
>>
is it safe to play online with games downloaded from ciangel or freeshop
>>
>>144562330
>Ciangel also has game updates and DLCs

God fucking dammit.
Why the fuck did I install Freeshop for them
Those goddamn dumbass at the thread in gbatemp didnt mention that.
>>
Just checking in
We CFW 5.5 Wii U yet?
>>
>>144562309

Having done that I'm greeted with a black screen on startup of blargSNES.

Hm... I'll look around for solutions. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be grateful.
>>
>>144562438
Yes
>>
>>144562516
CFW, no. Piracy with Loadiine, yes.
>>
>>144562524
it does that for some people, no idea why. it should work when you launch it through FBI.
>>
>>144552934
does anyone know?
>>
>>144562740

I just got done googling and launching through FBI. It works just fine.

Thanks again, anon.
>>
>>144549558

I have my Gamecube ISOs and my Wii U games on the same SD card.

I haven't got into playing Wii backups (wii games are all shitters anyways)
>>
>>144562813
no problemo
>>
>>Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)

Nothing wrong can happen, right?
>>
>>144562829
>wii games are all shitters anyways
am I on /v/ or were you born with the shit taste?
>>
>>144563058
THE GUIDE IS OUTDATED, DON'T UPDATE TO 11.0
>>
>>144563058
if you have a9lh and are using luma, there is no risk

never update in a9lh gateway though, because that will brick you
>>
>>144563058
make sure that you're actually in cfw sysnand, and not in normal sysnand.
>>
>>144563058
only one way to find out
>>
>>144563091

>waggle controls
>mario cash-in galaxy 2
>shitty metroid

prob. some weeb trash too
>>
>>144563140
How?
>>
>>144562079
Yeah I saw it.
I just finished installing the game, but I dont know if I can play online yet cuz it probably needs the updates.
Anyway my FC: 0318-8714-1783
Do you know where I can find the updates for this game?
>>
>>144563257
I was actually mad at me for falling for the Wii meme, there were some games that looked genuinely enjoyable, but they all had some retarded part that required me to waggle the controller. I seriously hope Nintendo's next console doesn't have another gimmick like that.
>>
>>144563058
that sentence scared the shit out of me too. but when i did it _____________________
>>
>11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

so if im still using Rxtools and I update my Emunand to 11.0, i can never change to a9lh?
also, can I still launch homebrew with the HL cia?
>>
>>144563441
you can
yes
>>
File: image.jpg (421KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
421KB, 1600x900px
Say, if Luma has been installed correctly, and I download a game that has a software update, is it safe to accept the update?
>>
>>144563369
yeah sure. USA, right?

mega:///#!RMU3iQqY!4IgtZZhNBV72DGEVbDqirwoJ8UMftZeESHkCOgK77ds
>>
>>144563359
open system settings, check if it says "Sys [your version here]" instead of "Ver. [your version here]"
>>
Hey everyone, I have a question which may sound kinda retarded.
I want to install CIA files, however I'm not sure if I need a gateway cart or some other cart to do it. I'm really new to this homebrew stuff :(
I can't even install DevMenu, so I assume that since I don't have one I can't do anything JUST yet.
>>
>>144563576
Thanks.
Btw do you play any other game online?
I downloaded MHX and Omega Ruby to play online too.
Might play Fantasy Life too but that one needs FCs.
>>
>>144563485
yeah, if it's an out of region game you'll need an update cia
>>
>>144563485
yes
>>
>>144563814
What firmware version are you on?
>>
>>144563814
pssshhh
you dont need a cart, only your SD
read the guides
>>
>>144563852
not really but i have Alpha Sapphire as a game cart. i don't play pokemon competitively though

do you think you can join that discord group? we can communicate with our third player, and it would help reduce our posts here
>>
i'm not OP, sorry for the confusion but anyway
>>144563887
10.6, I should probably downgrade :/
>>
>>144564050
Yeah, should be simple for you. Read the guide by Plailect that's linked in the OP, it's super easy to follow. If you have any questions ask in here or the IRC channel mentioned in the guide.
>>
>>144564160
thank you :D
>>
>>144564031
No prob.
I never used discord though
>>
>>144564247
No, problem, good luck.
>>
How is PS4 hacking?
I just know there is a kernel exploit.
>>
>>144558372
Yeah I read Fat.com saying that a while back on Slashdot, but I figured it was most likely butthurt from losing control of his own company and he took the opportunity to smear the service with shit before starting work on his next venture. Kim is a known con artist that's always setting up some scam, and he's doing a pretty damn good job at it, the fat bastard.

I certainly don't trust him any more than the Chinese.
>>
It's done...after one day is done boys...How I get my free games? And how I get my eshop games and nnid account without getting banned?
>>
>>144558537
Final part is like five minutes of work
>>
>>144564861
You're already on Nintendo's list
>>
File: Capture.png (20KB, 593x264px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20KB, 593x264px
So, trying to get qcma to work with my vita. I removed all previous drivers. Setup new ones with Zadig. Got qcma setup, and the update blocker.
When trying to connect via usb it just says could not connect to the pc, but the weird thing is, connecting via wifi works. But I have very bad wifi so I'd prefer a usb connection.
Pic related is my current zadig setup.
>>
>>144564861
Install newest FBI, get games from either 3ds.titlekeys.com for legit games or cias from 3dsiso.com if you can't find them there.
You can just link your NNID, Nintendo is too retarded to actually ban people for piracy.
>>
I want to downgrade a 3ds for cfw. What are some homebrew I can use to backup save data?
>>
>>144565190
JKSM, SaveDataFiler
I personally prefer Filter because of its simplistic interface, but JKSM is more intuitive.
>>
>>144565014
What the fuck is the point of that software?
>>
to be able to update from rxTools I need to get menuhax, but when I open the QR code the bottom screen turns yellow briefly and then it goes back to homescreen with "an error has occurred"

I've tried more than twenty times now, does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
>>
Could i follow this video for part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEkPHnb961Y

And then just start at part 2 of the guide afterwards?
>>
How I play online?
>>
On Luma a9hl, can you autoboot into any payload renamed arm9loaderhax.bin? Or just the Luma specific one with others chained only as buttons?
>>
>>144565956
yes
>>
>>144566027
if you're using a9hl, you should make sure your filename is arm9haxloader.bin

but you're using a9lh, so it should be arm9loaderhax.bin
>>
>>144565956
turn on wifi
start game
>>
>>144565802
You could eat a shit, and then follow up with a steak, or you could just go straight for the latter.
>>
Why does my monster hunter x update and then tells me to update again and again and again?
>>
I mean with Luma and all that. I want to play Smah without getting banned. And recover my DLCs somehow
>>
>>144566027
>a9hl
technically you can indeed have files named arm9loaderhax.bin that isn't luma load, but not sure why you would want to do that other than for bootanim9
>>
>>144565802
I'd just follow the guide anon, its never failed me, and ive downgradedd 4x
>>
>>144565710
It has to be used to fix the drivers for the vita to work with qcma
>>
>>144566321
I just wanted GW to be the default CFW with Luma chained for updates and whatever else.
>>
>>144566267
Need specifics: firmware version, region of 3ds, cfw u are running, a9lh or not
>>
>>144566267
What are you talking about?
>Install MHX base game cia
>Unwrap
>Install MHX Eng Patch cia
>Play game
>>
>>144566535
what the fuck is a qcma?
>>144566596
>I just wanted gw to be the default
why?
>>
>>144566596
>still using gateway
>wanting it to be the default
You don't deserve help.
>>
>>144566639
>>144566637
I'm using A9lh, and using fbi.
9.2 firmware

North America 3ds luma 3ds
>>
File: 1464802525536.png (270KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1464802525536.png
270KB, 351x351px
Any 3ds games with good story like Zero Escape?
>>
>>144566596
why not just use luma for everything? it's not like you lose out on very much if anything by just using that
>>
>>144566938
Firstly mhx needs 9.9 firmware, so update ur cfw SysNAND first.

And make sure u installed the gamr the wame way as
>>144566639
>>
>>144567136
Oh wait my bad my sysnand is in 9.2

My a9hl or whatever you call it is in the latest firmware
>>
>>144566669
>>144567117
Because all my .3dz games/saves are on the GW and it's easier this way

>>144566838
>Not being LumaWay Master Race
>>
You think an O3DS can play SNES VC games if I install them as CIA files? Or will it give me a reminder.
>>
>>144567234
you mean your emunand?
>>144567267
fair enough, but I'd still use Luma as the default.
>>
>>144567234
You have an issue anon, a9lh should mean that you are playing on sysnand, but you seem to imply that you are running an emunand.

How far did you get with the guide
>>
>>144524251

Hey guys so I'm on a9lh and I got a new SD card.

I'm following the guide here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

And I'm getting errors when I try to expand the data partition.

Can someone help me out?
>>
>>144567097
ZTD
>>
>>144567350
Yes my emunand
>>
>>144567405
Forget the gbatemp link, follow the guide part 5:

Use tiny format to clear emunand.

Copy files from one sd to another

Play

Note: if you are on o3DS and moving to a 64gb+ sd, you have to format it as fat32 (with 32kb cluster recommended), instead of the default exfat
>>
>>144567267
that one guy was right about Sunk Cost Fallacy to explain why people still use gateway after so many superior methods for cfw
>>
>>144567335
don't be dumb anon
>>
>>144567387
There is no issue, I managed to update Pokémon and Mario kart 7 with no problem but mhx has an issue.
>>
>>144567405
If you're using an EmuNAND, just do the whole upgrade guide with your original SD card. When all is said and done, move your shit to the new SD card.

That's how I did it. Had EmuNAND on a 16GB card. Following the guide, you delete the extra partition because you no longer need it (so you have 16gb instead of 15gb). Then you just move all your needed folders onto the bigger card -- mine is now 32gb.
>>
>>144567714
Because MHX is an out of region game. Those other games updated from your region's eshop.
>>
>>144567629
How is it superior when it's literally the same thing with the addition of a .3ds loader as well?
Just sounds like sour grapes to me.
>>
File: unnamed.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
9KB, 300x300px
So retroarch crashes whenever I boot its .cia version (latest firmware N3DS) and I was told earlier versions work, but I don't wanna miss out on performance upgrades and that kinda stuff

What's the best version I can get as a .cia for the N3DS? I just wanna play king's field, even if I have to enable frame skipping
>>
>>144567714
I know the issue

1. Hold select at boot to enter luma config memu

2. Tick the box which enables region emulation

3. Creat a folder in SD:\\Luma called locales.

4. In the locales folder, create a .txt file with the titleid of mhx (cant find it right now, but it looks like 000000ABCD000 etc)

5. In the created txt file, type: JPN JP

6 save, and play
>>
>>144567605

Does that mean I have to reinstall a9lh or is it a clear copypaste afterwards?
>>
>>144568273
Clear copypaste, ive done it myself. Its as easy as cppy from old sd to new sd
>>
File: wid4m7O.jpg (94KB, 432x528px) Image search: [Google]
wid4m7O.jpg
94KB, 432x528px
What does /hbg/ think of my game collection?
>>
>>144566535
I was asking about qcma not the driver installer.
>>
>>144565336
thanks
>>
File: 1459062252180.jpg (22KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
1459062252180.jpg
22KB, 400x460px
>>144568484
Where's Garfield Kart?
>>
>>144568641
Can't use CMA to transfer files to lower firmware vita because it requires you to update. Plus it doesn't do some of the stuff I need it to do that qcma does. Do you even own a for-hacks vita?
>>
>>144568089
You'll have better luck asking in #retroarch on freenode, the kids here don't know anything not related to 0day warez
>>
File: Kirby Kill.png (67KB, 142x255px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Kill.png
67KB, 142x255px
I can't play kirby robobot anymore because my 3ds mistakes it for the pre download shit on e-shop! Is there a fix for this?
>>
>>144568728
Are you making fun of me?
>>
hey guys, after I downgraded to 9.2 i can't go into ninjhax now... everytime i go to the qr code option it says homemenu robpin then crashes straight to the home menu
>>
>>144569014
Yes, any normal person would have at least 10 Garfield Karts installed to their 3ds.
>>
>>144569121
It'll do that when your Ninjhax is still trying to load 10.X payloads on the wrong firmware.
>>
>>144569121
You're on 9.2, just install menuhax via browserhax.
>>
So I just finished upgrading from emuNand+ReiNand to arm9LoaderHax+Luma following the guide in the OP. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but all of the games I had installed aren't showing up.
I think they were there up until I backed up the sysnand that had a9lh installed, but they might have disappeared when I formatted the card to get rid of emuNand, I'm not sure.
They're still taking up space on the card, just aren't appearing.

Anyone got an idea where I fucked up?
>>
>>144568484
How big is your sd card?
>>
>>144569262
alright, how would I go about uninstalling that version of ninjhax?
>>
Are there any parts in the guide that are outdated and shouldnt be followed or done differently?
>>
>>144569349
Just leave it. You could uninstall ninjahax by deleting the robpin.bin on your sd card
>>
>>144569465
kk, thank you.
>>
>>144569439
Plailect updates his guide frequently. No worries on his guide.
>>
>>144569439
No. However there might be an jssue with part 4. Last thread an anon couldnt launch otphelper via dukesrg.github.io when he was on 2.1.

After ages helping we theorized that plainect removed the slotkeys.bin files from step 4, and replaced them with aeskeys.db in step 5, and perhaps otphelper still needed the slotkeys, so we werent sure.
>>
>>144569465
>>144569349
Ninjhax doesn't use an SD robpin.bin as it saves it within the card. So you have to delete the cart's save data by holding some buttons on the game's main menu.

Or do what the other guy said and use Menuhax or whatever else.
>>
>>144568074
>why shouldn't I use something that will brick my 3ds over a much safer alternative.

You should do some research on GW anon
>>
>>144569721
>>144569465
>>144569274
Ok thank you all very much!
>>
File: 5904710.jpg (417KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
5904710.jpg
417KB, 1366x768px
>>144569001
i bet you installed it with its ticket
>>
File: HNI_0031.jpg (102KB, 432x528px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0031.jpg
102KB, 432x528px
>>144568484

Not autistic enough/10
>>
>>144570268
what's the point of having hundreds of games that you won't even play once
>>
So, I just finished the guide for CFW SysNAND, does everything works the same as it did on emuNand? installing games, changing themes etc?
>>
What's the titlekey for the default new 3ds japanese font? I need it so I can get it off 3dnus
>>
I hear games like Animal Crossing New Leaf use more than just a regular save file.

Can I use JK's Save Manager to transfer a cartridge save of Animal Crossing over to a CIA install? Will it miss anything?
>>
>>144570340
Because you can, Anon.
Because you CAN.
>>
>>144570268
How big is your sd card ? That's a fuck ton of games. I'm using a 32gb
>>
>>144570268
Wow, you beat me. I never thought there'd be someone who could keep up with me. Congratulations, sir. Today you won the Internet.
>>
At the beginning of part 2 it talks about system formatting to reduce chances of bricking, but if i format there, arent I invalidating everything from part 1?
>>
>>144570028
I don't even remember, well I already finished the game, I can wait 5 days.
>>
>>144568917
I own a Vita TV that is still on some old exploitable firmware, yes. Haven't looked into what can be done with it yet so it's just put away in a drawer for the time being.

Thanks for the info, that's good to know. And for what it's worth, it looks like you've done everything right if that is indeed the driver you're supposed to install for it.

https://komorebinomichi.word press.com/2015/06/04/how-to-use-qcma-with-usb-without-problems-in-windows/

Why are none of these idiot guide writers smart enough to mention WHAT driver you install? Useless cunts

I use Linux so this bullshit won't affect me but I hope for your sake you manage figuring it out
>>
>>144570837
Yes, you'll have to restart if you format it.
>>
>>144570837
In the grand scheme of things, not really.
You'll be formatting and replacing nands all over the place throughout the guide, but at the end you're left with essentially what you had at the start. But with extra kickass features.
>>
>>144570512

64 GB almost full. Looking for 128GBs as we speak.

>>144570340

See

>>144570453
>>
>>144571090
Seems like he should put formatting at the beginning of part 1 then but whatever
>>
>>144570453
>>144571323
multiple people saying it's ok to download games you won't play doesn't make it ok
>>
>>144571405
Formayting before downgrading is ootional, thats why.

Ive downgraded 4x and never bricked, so i kept all my saves and games
>>
Hey niggas

Im still using emunand

Im on 9.2. What part of plailects guide should I start from?
>>
I need help /hbg/

I want to homebrew my new 3ds (For pkhex purposes) but its at the latest update, Is there any way i can homebrew it?
>>
>>144571729
Start at part 4

>>144571739
You need freakyforms deluxe

Or a hacked oras cartride, or hacked OoT cart
>>
>>144571637

I play 90% of them

Some are there for shits and giggles (Frogger, Sticker Star)
>>
Is it true you can literally just copy paste contents from sd to another sd with a9lh and it'll work? Even the games stay installed and there's no need to reinstall them?
>>
>>144571323
>directing someone to a post that quoted him
how new are you?
>>
>>144571923
Yeah, ive done it before, works fine.
>>
How do you change themes after doing all of this?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

What do you use?
>>
>>144571923
That is correct.
It even says so in the guide (if you read it).
>>
>>144571863
I have Oot 3d, That's all.
Its not hacked though.
>>
>>144571863

What is rednand and why am I skipping it?
>>
>>144572034
Install themes that come packaged as .cia . Menuhax and chmm wont work anymore. Go to 3dsiso and find themes
>>
>>144572017

lolumad XD
>>
>>144568484
wow you actually learned how to ask that question
>>
>>144572237
Is there a way to convert themes from https://3dsthem.es to cia?
>>
>>144572418
You're an idiot
>>144572237
and so are you

Just use CHMM, it still works fine
>>
>>144572225
RedNand = EmuNand for the purposes of the guide.
>>
Fire emblem awakening and fire emblem fates is just trash imo, same voice acting same menu sound effects and everything looks the same. And the game is just bullshit to me.

How can I get into it ?
>>
>>144571873
Stop pretending to be me. I'm frogger-kun.
>>
>>144572510
Doesnt work for me
>>
>>144572575
Delete them and install retroarch. Play the older fire emblems.
>>
>>144572676
You can use Howling's Theme Tool. A lot of people prefer it.
>>
>>144570268
>>144572668
Oh just saw that you have Frogger 3D too. Good choice, anon.
>>
>>144572565

Gotcha
>>
>>144572741
I know, and i do. But trying to make my own theme atm (monster hunter), fucking pain sometimes tho cuz the stuoid folder checker alqays gives me a bad folder
>>
>>144529813

How the fuck did you fix this? I'm also only getting a black screen.
>>
>>144572510
Which CHMM version? the one I use (installed by cia) gives an when I push the power button when you start it, should I use the homebrew version?
>>
>>144572575
Play the older ones. Lyn's final scene destroyed my heart in Awakening ;_;
>>
I haven't really been following vita homebrew but how hard/easy would it be to turn my Vita into a GBA emulation machine?
>>
>>144573237
Pretty hard if you're on the latest firmware.

And even if you're not you still need to buy games that probably aren't on the PSN anymore.
>>
>>144573237

Just use a 3DS, seriously.

gpspkai and its forks suck ass.
>>
Why does my fbi install cia games so fucking slow ? I'm using the latest version
>>
>>144573237
Why don't you just buy an actual GBA instead? Get the model Nintendo released last year, it's called "New 3DS XL".
>>
>>144573496
That's the power of the 3DS.

I'm guessing making a PC version of FBI that installs cias onto the SD card just isn't possible.
>>
>>144573496
Its the same speed as if you install them normally via a legit eshop purchase
>>
So gonna try putting A9LH on my O3DS with 9.2 sysnand and RXTOOLS. Can you guys answer me a few questions?

Rednand is the same as emunand, right?

I'll ABSOLUTELY have to backup my saves, won't I? Will I lose my friend list as well?

And lastly, I have to use my phone as a SD card reader for reasons, can a kind anon spoonfeed me a save backup thing that I can use?
>>
File: 1460185233425.jpg (24KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
1460185233425.jpg
24KB, 300x270px
Can somebody help me find the original system font for a japanese 3ds?
All the fonts I can find are either modified or the original one for a US console
>>
>>144573652
there's an even better model released last year called "New 3DS".
>>
>>144572510
This is the error I am getting.
>>
>>144573874
Firstly: rednand is a type of emunand, so yes

second: use jksm as a save manager, save data filer will take konger but works too, that said, if u do the process smoothly, u keep everything, save games, friends list, everything (i kept everything, and downgraded 4x)
>>
>>144574178
Dump dspfirm.cdc by using Rinnegatamante's DSP Firmware Dumper
>>
>>144572575
play them with japanese voices. even then their translations are quite garbage, but it'll hurt just a little less
>>
>>144574178
You're missing the sound module, like it says right there.

The .3dsx doesn't need it though.
>>
>>144574180
thanks anon
and now

There's NO chance of bricking

RIGHT?
>>
>>144574492
Depends if you're too retarded to follow step by step instructions
>>
>>144574578
Well, I downgraded before succesfully so here I go.

Wish me luck
>>
So say that someone had a ARM 9 PoC(which could be used for downgrades on 11.0 with some work). Would you want them to release it now or wait for EOL since there's plenty of units to hack right now?
>>
>>144574492
If you do it without making a mistake, then i hear the program fails around 1/1000 times (heard that stat on gba temp, idk how true it is). There is no way to make it perfect
>>
File: qweqw.png (4KB, 651x58px) Image search: [Google]
qweqw.png
4KB, 651x58px
>>144574294
How do I do that? this is what I downloaded from Rinnegatameante´s page
>>
>>144574726
I'd say release it now, because honestly nothing is -really- gained from holding out. But, I suppose waiting a bit longer could be a good idea, as it's smarter to space things out, rather than the way 3ds hacks has been going, y'know, constant barrage of hacks.
>>
>>144574775
make a folder called /dsp_firm_dumper/ within SD:/3ds/

then put those two files in there, run the app from Homebrew Launcher, and it should generate the file you need, in the correct location it should be in (I believe it was in SD:/3ds/ directly)
>>
>>144574726
wait until downgrading is patched for good
>>
>>144574726
Wait, it's pointless right now. If someone was dumb enough to update to 11.0 they just didn't care and shouldn't be suddenly crying about it. If they cared they would have paid attention. I would even say that we could have stopped at 9.2 just fine if it wasn't for the New 3DS getting released.
>>
>>144574903
All right, I will try that.
>>
Have a limited edition N3DS, with Ver. 10.7.0-32U. I deleted the ambassador certificate and ill delete the other stuff that came predownloaded. Would I run into any issues?
>>
Why do so many of these exploits require you to have already exploited your console to use

How the fuck can you do something if you need the end result of what you want to do to do what you want to do
>>
>>144575163
Even then a lot of N3DSs launched with 9.2 and under.
The only people getting fucked over were probably US small N3DS buyers.
>>
>>144575440
Should be fine.

Should.

I cant say Will.
>>
>>144575545
only on 10.6+, with oot you could just give it to someone who has a hacked 3ds so they can inject it for you or you can just use powersaves
>>
>>144575163
Some people soft bricked and got forced into updating to 11.0. I'm not one of those people, but they did care enough to attempt hacking their 3ds.
>>
>Shameless + FBI
>CIAngel
>FunKeyCIA
>FreeShop
Which one is the best?
>>
>>144575560
I don't mind formatting it if needed. The other reply said some stuff that came with the ds is what were causing the failures. What exactly would happen should it fail? Softbrick?
>>
File: 1449773552472.jpg (120KB, 930x847px) Image search: [Google]
1449773552472.jpg
120KB, 930x847px
Dear /hbg/, I just got a 2DS Version 8.1.0-17U.
What guide do I need to follow to play ROM?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>144575728
Since when do they exist? Also they don't care enough to get a hardmod ;)
>>
So I have had CFW for months now and was happy in emunand. I just came back to here to see arm9loaderhax and I've got a question. I region changed my emunand from JAP to USA. Can I make a new emunand, downgrade to 2.1.0 with the JAP (not USA) version, set up a9lh, and then restore my emunand backup?

I don't really care about my emunand, I just don't want to fuck up and brick my 3ds when everything is working. a9lh seems like something I should get set up.
>>
>>144575878
None, just put them in your SD card and then go to their address in the web browser. They'll need a while to load though, so in the meanwhile read the OP
>>
>>144575792
I use traditional fbi, and dl cias from internet to my pc, and copy it over to sd, all bexauuse its faster for my internet.

That said, freeshop is my recommendation

>>144575843

Probably soft, but if late enough in the process then hardbricks are likely
>>
>>144576054
I would totally change emunand back to jap and downgrade it to a jap version 2.1, you will eventually flash emunand to your sysnand so its totally not worth the rism of keeping us version emunand, just restore it back later

>>144575878

Go to >>>/vg/hbg read the OP, and follow the guide properly

This thread will go soon
>>
>>144576382
where do you think you are?
>>
>>144575638
Oh, that makes more sense
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Just loaded the hacked saved for oot
Am i screwed?
>>
Can somebody tell me what I need to put into 3dnus to get the default JAP system font?
>>
>>144576747
retry
>>
>>144576747
That means you don't have the files on your SD card.
>>
>>144576382
I thought that would be the case. It's just that doing anything with the sysnand makes me nervous. I don't want to brick or have to undo a softbrick to 11.0. It's worrisome. Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow, since it's quite late here. Thanks for the advice at least.
>>
>>144576473
Thought i was on/v/ my bad
>>
>>144576890
Thanks. Appreciate it
>>
Just to be safe, I can do it on Ver. 10.7.0-32U, right? According to the guide in the OP i need to run Homebrew via the smash bros, and from there just follow the rest of the guide?
>>
>>144576930
Fag
>>
>>144576930
It's nice that you're helping people, but getting people from /v/ her basically brings shitposters, which has already happened with 1 or 2 people who frequent the general, sadly.
>>
>>144576747
nice 3ds. i like it
>>
>>144573367
>>144573430

I mainly wanted to use the Vita because of the screen size but I'll use my 3ds if that's easier to hack. My software version for my 3ds is 9.0.0-20U. Is that easy to hack or should I just get a GBA emulator for my PC?
>>
How do I go back to the CFW Sysnand home menu from hombrew without rebooting the 3ds?
>>
7th Dragon Code is easy as fuck to SP farm on
>Preemptive strike
>Wind Canopy
>X Burn

I might actually purchase this game when it releases and buy the DLC
>>
>>144577682
Very easy to hack your 3DS on that firmware.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
>>
>>144577682
GBA games can be played almost natively on that firmware.
>>
>>144577712
can't you just press the home button with the homebrew cia
>>
>>144577904
you can always play 7th Dragon 1 if you think 3 is too easy. it's almost like they felt bad for making the first one unfairly difficult and made it easier with the later ones
>>
>>144577904
it's fantastic

it's also piss easy if you're already good at EO
>>
Does the N3DS MicroSD manager work with Windows 10?

If so, where do I find my 3DS on the computer?
>>
>>144578024
So I reached step 23 on https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-%28RedNAND%29 but I'm using ninjhax and menuhax can't install from v.1.1b of ninjhax. And then if I try to launch Luma3DS it just brings up a black screen and boots up into the home menu again.
Any help please? :(
>>
>>144578948
supposed to use browserhax like in part 1
>>
>>144578948
Yeah reinstall menuhax via browserhax. Look at part 1 if you don't know what it is.
>>
>>144574726
Wait for EOL.

When you buy a cheapo used 3DS in 3 years, you'll really need a way to hack it.
>>
Is that yu gi oh game any good?
>>
File: 1430950305752.gif (942KB, 253x216px) Image search: [Google]
1430950305752.gif
942KB, 253x216px
>>144573874
OK, so browserhax doesn't even try to load.

any ideas?
>>
>>144579726
>yfw you're not using sliderhax properly
>>
>>144579726
Did you initialize save data?
>>
>>144579856
Yes.

>>144579850
>Sliderhax
I've literally been under a rock lately, last time I messed with homebrew/cfw was in february

what's it?
>>
Hey /hbg/

I'm running Homebrew Launcher 1.1.0. Installed it a few months ago on a 2DS and forgot about it.

I'm following Plailect's guide to Downgrade. My 2DS is version 10.2.0-28U

I'm stuck while downgrading with PlaiSysUpdater.

It gets to the Check Update Integrity step and it immediately crashes giving me a black upper screen and the bottom screen containing "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. for help, visit support.nintendo.com"

I've tried well over 10 times and this keeps happening.

Any ideas of what could be causing this or how to remedy this?
>>
>>144579075
>>144579167
alright, so I installed it, however now when I try to open Luma3DS to boot into RedNAND it doesn't work and just goes into a black screen and reboots
>>
How do I delete a game I downloaded off freeShop or installed with Blue? I remember someone told me it was not as easy as going into settings and deleting it, but you need to uninstall it. How?
>>
>>144579959
>I've literally been under a rock lately, last time I messed with homebrew/cfw was in february
i'm guessing you loaded the web page thinking you didn't have to do anything

you're supposed to zoom in all the way, scroll up-left all the way, then tap the very left of the slider

it's rather unreliable and will take many, many tries. however, with enough persistence, you'll get in eventually. make sure you have boot.3dsx on root and clear history/cache if you keep running into issues

>>144579980
what entrypoint
>>
>>144580012
troubleshooting part
>>
>>144580151
yeah I just saw it and got it to work

thanks hbg
>>
>>144580172
alright nvm im a retard and i am in RedNAND when the luma goes black and reboots
so ignore me
>>
Is it worth updating my Wii U to 5.5.1?

I like that I was able to get SMM running on it through Loadiine, but its not really worth playing without online access.
>>
Is it worth going to Luma from RxTools?

I could never get online play working. Also would like to be able to download updates without finding the CIA on that shitty forum.
>>
>>144580453
>Can't play online
>RXTools
found your problem
>>
>>144580383
If you have a bunch of legit games then 5.5.1 is good as you can play them online and update them etc.
Not much point otherwise I guess.
>>
Is there any way to disable the stupid parental controls ratings on Rune Factory 4 undub? Pretty much the only game it pops up for.
There is no restrictions to ratings in the parental controls options, I solely use it to disable the annoying 3D LED on the o3ds.
>>
>>144580383
You may as well, there is no real difference between 5.5.0 and 5.51. Enjoy the online you have while you can (until Nintendo decides to actually update the firmware.)
>>
>>144580371
Actually wait, when it says that I need to update RedNAND through system settings, I just do a system update correct?
>>
>>144580501
So Luma is worth it? Am I gonna lose everything I have on Emunand? Sysnand is still at 9.2
>>
>>144569287
Nevermind, just figured it out, literally just moved them from one of those folders with the long-ass string of letters and number to another one that was created when I formatted my card.

Didn't expect that to actually work.
>>
>>144580204
OK, so I'm at Decrypt 9, where I have to dump my safety and health app, from my emunand. HOWEVER I injected FBI over it, will I have any issues?
>>
>>144580713
Not if you do it properly
>>
>>144580753
>doing it twice
>>
>>144580683
Correct, but make sure you're on RedNAND. Absolutely sure. Double check if you must. If you update your sysNAND then you're fucked.
>>
>>144580836
>decide to read the tutorial
>pretty much your post

yeah, asking stupid questions again. My bad guys
>>
>>144580151
Browserhax.

But I figured out what it was. I forgot to put the 9.2.0 update folder on the root of the SD.

fucking idiot that I am.
>>
>>144580976
gotcha, glad you got it solved anyway

good luck with the downgrade!
>>
>>144572237
chmm worked fine for me? I have it in the homebrew channel.
>>
>Open PlaiSysUpdater on RedNAND
>Press X to downgrade RedNAND to 2.1.0

Here I go.
>>
>>144581348
not scary anymore as you can just restore a backup
>>
Why is this general so unhelpful all the time?
>>
>>144581701

My experience with it is very helpful, anon. Maybe the question is why are you a little bitch?
>>
>>144581701
Because helping each other is nice
>>
>>144581701
There's guides right there in the OP if you can't read.
>>
I'm doing a9lh and when i try to install tinyformat the second time fbi gives me database error. I already have the title and import files, so what do i do?
>>
>>144581701
you need to ask nicely, senapi
>>
>>144581701
Because google exists.
And most people on 4chan "have better things to do." or just don't know how to help.
>>
>>144581701
>>144581838 (me)
I misread "unhelpful" as "helpful". In this case, his statement simply isn't true.
>>
>>144581701
Because you can't troubleshoot for yourself before asking.
>>
>>144581701
but it is helpful all the time. maybe you're just an idiot who asks stuff already answered in the OP or you think 4chan = normie shitposting and so your post is full of "le fuck off kys xD" while asking your question.
>>
Does anybody know what I need to put into 3dnus to get a cia of the default JPN font?
>>
>>144582190
Why did you delete the font off your 3DS?
>>
>>144533883
Don't use TubeHax you dunderhead, use the new one.
>>
Is there any IR TV remote homebrew yet?
>>
Is removing installed games as easy as going into settings and pressing delete?
>>
>>144582767
Depends how you installed them.
>>
>>144581701
Because you don't know how to ask questions. If I see one more fuck asking "guys browserhax doesn't work" or "I get an error on x" I'm gonna kill myself
>>
>reading through the steps on github
>keep hitting 'entrypoint of your choice'
Does that mean I would have to keep using the same SmashBros exploit over and over?
>>
>>144582561
I overwrote it with a custom one being really stupid and not realizing it would fuck shit up because JPN
>>
>>144582856
Use that to install menuhax, it's so much faster.
>>
>>144582856
no, you should install menuhax as soon as you can.
>>
How do I search for NSFW themes on 3dsthem.es?
>>
really stupid question here
i'm updating to luma from rxtools(finally) and it's been so long that I forgot what the thing that boots into rxtools is called. when I start up my 3ds while holding L it sends me to a violet menu, it goes to rxtools from there. I used the "you must literally be retarded" guide if that helps.
>>
>>144583003
that's ctrbootmanager, you can still use it to boot into hbl. If you want, you can replace the boot.3dsx file on your SD card with the boot_hb.3dsx file you should have, that way it's gonna boot straight into hbl instead of ctrbootmanager.
>>
>>144583003
menuhax -> ctrbootmanager -> rxtools

You want to edit boot.cfg
>>
>>144582864
You're a silly one. Now go and become unsilly.
0004009B00014002
Version: 0
>>
>>144582864
sounds like having a NAND backup can solve your problem instantly. you do have one, don't you?
>>
>>144582809
A few from bigbluemenu, a few from feeshop.
>>
>>144583108
>>144583110
Thanks guys
>>
>>144582971
>>144582959
Reading the tutorial it says installing menuhax is part of Part 1, which I am told I need to skip (because I have 10.7) and use instead the smashbros exploit.
>>
File: 1464625417499.gif (892KB, 200x317px) Image search: [Google]
1464625417499.gif
892KB, 200x317px
>>144583127
Thanks mate
>>
Is there a homebrew channel launcher (bin) file that I can put in my /luma/ folder, so I can launch it before the system menu?
>>
>>144583520
seems impossible to downgrade with smashhax so you should try using something else
>>
>>144583520
that's why I said "as soon as you can," which in your case would be as soon as you downgraded to 9.2
>>
FBI is installed over Health and Safety, should I install it separately too?
>>
>>144583868
yes, updating h&s injected FBI is a pain in the ass
>>
>>144581134
Downgrade successfull. Took me some time to get browser hax working again on 9.2.0 but finally got that up and running again. Backing up sysnand now! Thanks for the help.
>>
>>144583981
Any point getting the original H&S app back?
>>
>>144584101
nah
>>
Updating Luma is just copying and pasting everything over into your SD card, yes?
>>
I'm on probably my 30th attempt trying to downgrade Rednand to 2.1.

I did update my rednand to current firmware could that be the issue?

I'm getting failed on integrity check used multiple 2.1 US firmware downloads same issue.
>>
File: 1459071439725.gif (814KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459071439725.gif
814KB, 320x240px
>>144584192
>Not using LumaUpdater
>>
Alright... I've managed to homebrew a 3DS that happened to be on 10.5.0 through browswerhax and Plialect's god-tier guide, but I was wondering... Is there any way to homebrew a 10.6.0-31U 3DS? If not... I'm kind of curious, how did Nintendo patch the browser such that browswerhax wouldn't work anymore?
>>
>>144584192
There's an updater cia you can install to do it directly from your 3ds.
>>
>>144584264
>I did update my rednand to current firmware could that be the issue?
That shouldn't be the problem.
>>
File: tumblr_m8a14xwrON1r0yamfo1_400.jpg (36KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8a14xwrON1r0yamfo1_400.jpg
36KB, 278x278px
>>144581912
Please respond
I made new ones but system settings wont repair them
I've been stuck here for a while
>>
>>144584264
did you make sure to have the firmware.bin like it says
>>
>>144584294
>using LumaUpdater instead of StarUpdater
literally why
>>
>>144584557
Open the eShop.
>>
>>144584603
There's hardly a difference between the two. They both work.
>>
>>144584675
LumaUpdater has randomly broken in the past and even bricked some guy's NAND
>>
>>144581912
>>144584557
sounds like opening the eShop should solve your problem
>>
So the guides say that hacking a 3DS on a 4GB SD card will be a little awkward, but once I'm done with it, how much room will I have left on the card for games and stuff? For the record I'm on 9.0.0 so the guide says it won't be as hard for me to hack it as a higher firmware.
>>
>>144584946
like maybe enough for one small game, really should upgrade after you're done though, also 9.0 is the same so you don't even have to downgrade
>>
>>144584591
Yep and new updates folder with all the 2.1 files.
>>
>>144584946
4gb will let you have 1-2 games if you're lucky.
>>
>>144584946
If you REALLY want to do it you can, but I'd wait until i got a bigger card.
>>
>>144567485
Leak when
>>
>>144584726
>even bricked some guy's NAND
I don't believe that. But if it makes you feel safer, then yeah Star Updater is fine.
>>
>>144585112
>>144585037
OK, I'll wait until I can get a bigger card. I was mainly gonna hack it for GBA emu for now anyway then worry about games later. One question though: If I play some GBA games on a PC emulator and eventually hack my 3DS, will there be a way to transfer my saves?
>>
>>144584294
yeah, i figured there was something like that out there

>>144584324
thanks, found it after searching a little
>>
Can you not walk in circles with the circle pad in alpha sapphire ?
>>
>>144585249
If they're .sav you could try this https://gbatemp.net/threads/dumping-and-injecting-gba-vc-saves-with-agbsave9.421836/

>>144585424
Only on the overworld.
>>
>>144585424
i noticed that only when i used the itemfinder was I limited from free movement
>>
Is installing DLC cia files the same as installing game cia files in FBI?
>>
>>144585689
yes
>>
>>144585424
Only when you're not inside a house, which I still don't understand
>>
>>144585689
Yup.
>>
>>144585715
>>144585734
Super. Danke.
>>
using powersaves an oot. is there a wrong way to get into homebrew, as in as long as im able to get into homebrew, im rdy for the next part and i dont have to worry about anything screwing me over in later parts?
>>
File: 48415468_p0.jpg (90KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
48415468_p0.jpg
90KB, 600x784px
So lets say I got a Japanese 3DS. Would I be able to hack it, make it region-free, and use all US online service? Thanks in advance.
>>
How do I uninstall games gotten from bigbluemenu or feeshop?
>>
>>144585854
Well, if you're on 11.0, then downgrading is a no-go without a hardmod. If you're on 10.7 or lower, then you should be able to fully go through the guide provided you can read carefully.
>>
>>144585854
not really no, should be fine
>>144585952
data management?
>>
>have to spend a couple hours downgrading to 2.1 and only spend two minutes on it
>>
>>144586031
You need to do precisely one thing once you get to 2.1, and that's reboot.
>>
>>144586031
All that work so you can receive your system's OTP. Worth it.
>>
someone fix the OP later. also dont forget to put in anime
>>
>>144586112
>>144586128
What exactly is the OTP, and why can't you get it in later firmwares?
>>
>>144585989
Nah im on 10.7, since at the beginning of part 2 it talks about reformatting, should i just do that before i even start part 1?
>>
>>144586179
I would if my computer wasn't disassembled. You do it friendo. Put Wii U 5.5.6 warning and FreakyHax news.
>>
>>144586262
It's the key to all the other keys on your 3ds
After 3.0, reading the OTP is locked within milliseconds of boot.
>>
>>144585424
>Circle pad on pokemon
I'm the only one using the D-pad? Maybe is nostalgia.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>144586318
>>144586318
>>144586318
>>
>>144586395
Congratulations, you both managed to make a new thread 20 posts early and still didn't fix the fucking OP.
>>
I put Luma3DS on here to upgrade from rxtools and I can get into the config menu. But it just loads into sysNAND. And I can only do that if you go through the config menu by holding select, else it's just a black screen. So what the fucks up.
>>
>>144586278
yep as you only have one shot at downgrading
>>
>>144586179
I want to do it but I've been too lazy for a few days
>>
>>144586179
If I'm still around I'll do that. What needs fixing in the OP?
>>
File: 1461021489383.png (390KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
1461021489383.png
390KB, 640x496px
>>144586395
>>
Step 4 Complete

Not a single error the entire time.
>>
>>144586262
>>144586371
Accept it was exploitable on I think 9.6 or 10.6 (can't remember) but only through the use of a hard mod or something. Basically, it's retrievable for free if you can downgrade to 2.1.0 which thankfully we can.
>>144586278
I would strongly suggest it. If you have any saves you care deeply about, then you should back them up when you gain access to homebrew using JKSM.
>>
>>144586617
Most of it?
>freakyhax in the safe firmware section instead of the news section
>"otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax" instead of "game entrypoints" or similar (there are too many now for a simple list like that)
Then there's adding the 5.6 WiiU update coming soon and maybe change the way some of the stuff in the current OP is phrased, though the latter isn't important.
>>
>>144586798
Except* Fuck.
>>
>>144586798
It's exploitable on the n3ds with a hardmod and a long time, and the process isn't very user friendly. Downgrading is really the easiest way.
>>
File: 20160604_182328.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160604_182328.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I was wondering if anyone in here would want to give me a hand with trying to fix this Guru Meditation error in VNDSx 1.4.9? I've read that with a few tools (reference - http://console-dev.de/?page_id=102) it is possible to find exactly where in the code the error shows up, but I'm not a programmer and since the programmer for VNDS disappeared two years ago, there's no easy way to report this.

Is it much more work than I'm assuming it is? I've gotten the same error in a different spot in VNDSx that, if this info is right, points to the same single line of code.
>>
>>144581701
It's when people come in, whining for help without even glancing at the guides that we're unhelpful
>>
So you guys are reporting the early thread right?
>>
>>144587229
Yes, it's a lot more work than you're assuming.
>>
smashhax>downgrade>menuhax via part1
from 10.7, is this the correct method? ive heard others say you cant downgrade using smashhax, if so, then why is it in the guide?
>>
>>144588687
Probably that smashhax is unstable as fuck and you should only be using it to get into homebrew on versions you can't browserhax. Install menuhax when you gain access to homebrew with smashhax. Once you downgrade, you'll need to reinstall menuhax and never worry about using a game for an entrypoint into homebrew ever again.
>>
>>144588687
probably because you can install the other game exploits with it
>>
>>144585927
yes unless it's used or 8.1J browserless

if you're stuck on 8.1J browserless, you'll additionally need to get yourself a sky3ds to emulate a hax game from japan region (importing them would cost just as much so you might as well go with the flashcart)
>>
>>144589325
I'm at version 10.7 N3DS, and smash seems to be my only option. With homebrew running from smash, I install menuhax, then via henuhax, downgrade to 9.2?
>>
>>144590043
no
>>
>>144590043
yes except i heard people have problems with smash

if you have too many issues downgrading with smash, consider oothax, freakyhax, or ninjhax

oothax+powersaves and freakyhax are the cheapest options. the latter if you're still lucky enough to find a low enough price nowadays
>>
>>144590236
can't he also use ORAS?
>>
>>144587984
Ah, that's too bad. I really would like a convenient way of playing visual novels like the VNDS system via 3DS homebrew, but this is the best I can do if one isn't made, and I would put in the time to help fix it if I knew how.
>>
>>144590326
yeah probably, i haven't looked too much into that one though: is that QR based or is it still secondary?
>>
>>144590043
no menuhax on 10.7
>>
Can anyone recommend some top tier games on 3ds ?

Like one that you couldn't stop playing or can't stop playing.

Thanks
>>
>>144585927
if you want to do that i recommend getting one from Amazon. the one i got from there was at 9.1J so it was good to go
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00O27XDVU/ref=sr_1_11_twi_gam_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1465185202&sr=8-11&keywords=freakyforms

fucking kek, they even listed it as a PS2 game
>>
Can I not get Pokemon moon from title keys?
>>
>>144585927
>>144591401
actually i got mine from amazon and it was 8.1J

that was months ago though, and i'm pretty sure it's totally RNG: you'll just have to pray they give you one that's 9.1J

you could try contacting your seller to see if they have one that matches what you're looking for

https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/
>>
>>144591557
it's not even out you dumb fuck
>>
>>144591557
maybe in 5 months
>>
someone make a new thread
>>
File: 1459025288851.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459025288851.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>144591518
>$1,688.26
>>
>>144591649
was it an o3DS? i got a black n3DS non-XL and that was about a month ago
>>
>>144591937
it's a white non-xl n3ds, and it was on 8.1j
>>
>>144590389
it's some kind of glitch with the bases
>>
>>144591767
>>144591653
The Japanese version isn't out either, that's what I was looking for
>>
>>144592057
that's not what i'm asking: does it require access to homebrew already/require a powersaves to modify the save, or can they just hack by scanning a QR code with the payloads on the SD card?

Cubic Ninja/Freakyforms: Example of primary exploit
OoT/PSMD: example of secondary exploit
>>
>>144592248
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGq5eBbayWk
>>
>>144592314
>7 minute video
that's ok, i got the answer i needed: it's secondary, because the installer is a .3dsx that must be run from homebrew channel
>>
File: 1465024032374.gif (3MB, 365x341px) Image search: [Google]
1465024032374.gif
3MB, 365x341px
>>144591035
MOTHERFUCKING
POCKET
CARD
JOCKEY
>>
>>144591035
>EO Series
>SMT
>7th Dragon
>MH series
>Pokemon
>>
>>144591035
Rune Factory 4
Triforce Heroes (YMMV)
7th Dragon III
Virtue's Last Reward (Play 999 first if you haven't)
>>
How do I update Pokemon star sapphire to trade and fight friends? I heard that updating made something wrong with the mod but is there a way
>>
File: image.jpg (838KB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
838KB, 4608x3456px
ow do I update Pokemon star sapphire to trade and fight friends? I heard that updating made something wrong with the mod but is there a way
Thread posts: 780
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.