[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 816
Thread images: 149

File: lostgenewarriorchapter.jpg (315KB, 1500x753px) Image search: [Google]
lostgenewarriorchapter.jpg
315KB, 1500x753px
Paradise Dome edition

>Stellaris OP:
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread: >>143762351
>>
Why isn't Stellaris in /gsg/? It should be in /gsg/.
>>
>>143861026
/gsg/ is for 2x'es and 3x'es.
>>
>>143861026
Its probably a good thing, I've never been to gsg
>>
>>143861026
the autists there sperged hard
>>
>143860786
Nice map, which mod is it?
>>
>>143861026
Steamgroup kicked it out
>>
>>143861026
Everyone's happier for it, desu.
The old autists and the damfpgruppe memers go batshit when removed from their comfort zone.
>>
>>143861221
Border outlines are a bug? That pic looks neat and clean.
>>
>>143861385
Oh that's a DLC feature, it's from internal build.
>>
>>143861385
Oh that, god, I wish I knew. Someone should ask about that in the dev diary thread.
>>
>>143861385
Yeah, that's what I want to ask too.
>>
>>143861385
No, the bug was that the ai empires would implode into a bunch of splinter empires due to rebellions.
>>
>Stellaris Mod Archive
>a bunch of folders named random numbers
Can someone explain this?
>>
>empire declares war on me
>wipe them out
>suddenly YOU'RE the bad guy
defend this
>>
>get mildly inconvenienced
>respond with genocide
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>143861385
you can make it kinda look like that by using
>tweakergui draw.dust
>tweakergui borders.usemesh
in the console

Dunno how it's all explored right at the start though.
>>
>>143862183
>>wipe them out
>nothing bad about this
>>
>>143862169
It's the number of the mod in the steam workshop
>>
How difficult is it to make custom namelists, races etc for an empire?
>>
>>143862301
The civilians who were wiped out are also to blame for allowing their government to wage war on me. They deserve it.
>>
>>143862380
>They deserve it.
>not the bad guy
>>
>>143860979
>amazon chapter
YES
>>
>>143862183
It's not necessarily that you're the bad guy, just that you just suddenly grew a lot larger and crushed another Empire, and now your neighbors see you as a legitimate threat. I can't wait until tributaries get added since vassals aren't that great and annexing causes threat out the ass.
>>
>>143862169
Workshop mods are organized by number by steam which is the same as the number in the URL on steam.
>>
File: xdXDDxdXdxD.gif (3MB, 450x231px) Image search: [Google]
xdXDDxdXdxD.gif
3MB, 450x231px
>tfw you start crushing the FE who bullied you earlier
>>
File: 20160530204312_1.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px)
20160530204312_1.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>>143860979
anyone playing Civ5 with the Community Balance Patch? it's pretty damn good imho
>>
>>143862183
>Neighbour shoots my dog
>Tie him up, rape his wife and children in front of him, force his dog and son to have sex, chop up his family and dog and feed them to him
>Burn down his house with him in it, as well as killing all his family members that aren't direct family (cousins, grandparents, uncles etc.)

It was self-defense officer!
>>
>>143862936
Pretty good, vassalising enemies should have been in the main game though.
>>
File: I don't like surprises.jpg (77KB, 784x417px) Image search: [Google]
I don't like surprises.jpg
77KB, 784x417px
Will the open beta be patched today you think?
>>
>>143863131
certainly. i'm still getting the hang of it, my game crashes every 50 turns or so, though. i wanted to use JFD's gameplay mods with it but they dont seem to work. maybe exploration continued will, sucks that scouts lack an up-gradable tree given how good they are in CBP
>>
>>143862950
Seems like an entirely reasonable reaction to me.

That dog was a bro
>>
>>143863347
I'd assume so, they'll probably fix up Friday's hotfix and re-release it.
>>
File: ought.jpg (10KB, 450x244px) Image search: [Google]
ought.jpg
10KB, 450x244px
>>143862950
>It was self-defense officer!
Which is the way it ought to be. Always.
>>
>>143862183
Vassalize and integrate them.
>>
>>143862183
This.
>AI wardecs
>take a couple of planets to make them pay for their arrogance
>suddenly I'm a threat to the galaxy
Why?
>>
>>143864038
They thought you were just some newbie beta bitchboi then your 60k Fleets of Lances and doomstack corvettes were broadcasted for the whole galaxy to see. Who wouldn't see you as a threat??
>>
Are hangars useful on cruisers?
>>
literally doing nothing: the game
>>
>>143864038
>Someone starts a fight
>You beat him and then steal his wallet
>Suddenly you are the bad guy
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (605KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
605KB, 1920x1080px
>decide to insult a Stagnant Ascendancy for fun to see if I can provoke war
>a few decades later they demandI grovel to them or something which would make my empire look like cucks
>tell them to fuck off
>he declares war against me and my federation
>send my biggest death stack to his ring world immediately
>for some reason he has already surrounded some of my sectors and starts bombarding shit
>little does he know I'm moments away from anally devastating him with federation buddies
>wreck him hard
>he starts desperately porting back his ships - all die one by one - arguably his entire fleet could have wrecked us if they were all there at once
>demand independence part of his empire
>those guys love me
>the original guys then get invaded by another empire and totally wiped out

Best possible outcome... I now have an ex-stagnant ascendancy race who basically align with me perfectly, and a few years later joined my federation too
>>
>>143864256
Then the guy shouldn't have come at me with a knife and should be thankful he's still alive.
>>
>>143864038
Because usually when someone wars you, combat is the last option. You negotiate for a few minerals, credits, maybe even a cargo of pet aliums or some other crystal. The point was to minimize unnecessary costs that would be incurred by deploying fleets and going to war. Of course this doesn't happen on account of shit diplomacy AI and resources that are worth less than shit. There isn't even a real economy in this game so the only option when some yiffer fucks with your empire is to fuck their planets.

Point is you're the bad guy because Paradox released an unfinished game.
>>
>>143862936
Does it make the AI combat any better than the total shit it is?

I loved Civ 5, but HATE the AI, I hate "winning" a defensive battle knowing it was because the shit AI randomly turning around, or embarking on a lake, or shit like that. I WANT to lose battles and cities, it makes the game more exciting
>>
>>143864520
Why ask questions when you don't accept the answers
>>
>>143864612
Nothing will ever fix Civ V's AI
>>
>>143864702
Ever heard of rhetoric?
>>
Are mods now updated for 1.03 patch ?

Even if game sucks i need to play Kerbals....
>>
>>143864787
It was a philosofical question.
>>
File: cya.png (947KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cya.png
947KB, 1366x768px
>take on a large federation/coalition/group of friendly states/wankers
>They have the bigger fleetdick
>Warscore means I'm still winning Just by dodging their fleets and killing their stations
>sometimes the krogan fleet's uncontrollable instinct to kill mining stations means we have to leave early

Fuck its fun to fight like this. Wormhole Besthole. (was using warp before)

Also to the guy in the last bread, sometimes my krogan pics are fucking up in 1.1, but it was only recently
>>
>>143864821
they all work with 1.03
>>
>>143864936
Thanks! last time i checked many were still for 1.02. The mod list without names doesn't help either
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 640x640px)
image.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites? I get it for the greater definition, but Ingame, it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive. this is totally not the case.

I'm somewhat rustled. Materialist should have more to do with economy than research, just how Spiritualist should have more to with influence and power than mere happiness.

In somewhat rustled.
>>
Is it a bug or exploit that you can just build massive quantities of Outpost Frontiers for no monthly cost by having them located within a Sector?

Are there any downsides to this?
>>
>>143864986
just edit with notepad++ to be compatible with 1.03. They should all work regardless but if you want them to look nice in the mod loading screen, then edit them.
>>
>>143865000
Materialism ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through material wealth", where material wealth is made and improved by Science. Spirituality ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through the self", which is just flat happy. These two things don't imply anti-science, it just implies a materialist society will work more/harder on science.
>>
File: wtf.png (1MB, 1280x720px)
wtf.png
1MB, 1280x720px
How to report bugs?

If a system is unreachable (I think due to this ship having never been upgraded ever), it will just build whatever you want remotely without even moving!

Massive exploit obviously
>>
>>143865013
That it should be fixed in 1.1 so forget about it.
They also supposedly kill the hidden influence income of sectors, so you have to manually upgrade shelters and planadms.
You have to do that anyway because the AI is retarded.
>>
>>143865000
materialists only care for what they can see and use, spiritualists care for something beyond just minerals, both can be scientific.

Pretty simple tbqh
>>
>>143865167
Kek. But yeah, it's almost as if Paradox has some kind of forums, where there is a specific stellaris subboard for bug reports.
>>
>>143865251
CBA to make an account though, no email address?

I don't abuse exploits I find as it ruins games, but I suppose for people doing multiplayer it's pretty huge
>>
>>143865072
I'll give it a try
>>
This must be the most retarded mod archive I've ever seen

which one is the fucking whites only mod
>>
>play without rangefinder
>fleets just blob up so long-range weapons aren't as good as they could be
>play with rangefinder
>fleets get stuck between stations and don't fire at anything
kill me
>>
>>143865453
>>fleets get stuck between stations and don't fire at anything
this never happened to me. Is their range set beyond their weapons range?
>>
>>143865505
not it's set to fucking 5, but it does it at any range as far as I can tell
they engage fleets just fine but refuse to go anywhere near stations
>>
>>143864459
How do you make federations, you must be nice to everyone? People won't even align with me, its seems easier to conquer in the time it would take to make them happy.
>>
>>143865000
Because literal meme magic.
>>
>>143865741
I know that feel.
Everyone is happy with their friends and allies and federations, and I'm alone in the galaxy.

It might have to do with the fact that I declared war on the only two friends I had just to take one planet. And that my empire is xenophobic genocidal slavers.
>>
>>143865505
You literally lose 2 corvettes for each station with rangefinder because they engage 1 by 1
>>
>>143865505
Because range-finder guy get it wrong in some cases(behaviour ones).
Upload your version and I will fix it and reupload.
>>
>>143865616
>>143865993
like I said it doesnt for me. Are you gys using bb_rangefnder and zbeautiful_battles?
>>
>>143866060
I do actually
>>
>>143866109
I dunno then sorry mate.
>>
Is there a way to make my homeworld a death world for RP purpose?
>>
>>143865000
In classic philosophy materialism and spiritualism are opposites.

Spiritualism being opposed to science is just paracucks being your average swedish fedora tippers.
>>
>>143866060
not zbb
will that fix it?
>>
>>143865874
my african american star slaver!

who else extreme collectivist/materialist?
nothing better than utterly curbstomping an empire, taking their planets, and purging every ALIEN FREAK not on a key (slave) planet
>>
>>143865000
>it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive

But it doesnt? Spiritualim doesn't give you a penalty to research at all, and it weights the dice more for psi-tech while materialism has a hard time getting them
>>
>>143865874
Its kinda funny when you would like to ally with the Ai bordering you cause their worlds are ice cubes and I don't need that, but they will refuse, so you conquer them.

Its like being darth vader,
>join me and together we can rule the galaxy!
>nah, purging is wrong
>very well... Declare war.
>>
One question about war goals and stuff:

If I demand 2 planets and occupy them can I end the war regardless of war score ?
>>
Does anyone else find shit like the 5 core planet limit, tech penalties and other anti-blobbing measures pretty fucking retarded in a game where currently the only two win conditions are occupy 40% of all habitable planets or kill all other empires?

Also, having the whole CK2 limit on directly controlled territories but without the multidimensional vassal characters to delegate sectors to pretty much removes a great deal of strategic depth and breadth.

Like wtf, this game is failing as 4x and as gsg, and what sucks is, it's a good base of a game, it has a lot of potential, but Nu Paradox is fucking godawful. They're not trying to make good games for their customers it's all designed and balanced around their faggy inter-office multi-player games instead of having a proper vision and series of design goals.

Thank god for modders and the ease with which these games are modded.
>>
>>143866757
The planet core limit is dumb as fuck but I like putting planets in a sectore if I just don't feel like microing them. Finding unoccupied space ports in secotrs is a pain in the ass though.

Tech penalties and anti-blobbing is just pure shit and people need to get good
>>
>>143866387
okay well I guess making small lasers shoot 30 units is a good way to fix it
>>143866610
no, you still need warscore
>>
>>143866387
maybe senpai
>>
>>143865000
>In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites? I get it for the greater definition, but Ingame, it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive. this is totally not the case.

Spiritualism doesn't necessarily mean religion, and materialism doesn't necessarily mean not religion.

The ethos are vague by design to cover more possible alignments.
>>
>>143865616
This happened to me too, I think it's because of the "orbit" preset rangefinder gives to mid range computers. Never really warmed to rangefinder 2bh, in the end I changed it with BB+Colonize unlimited+Bigger Space stuff that you can find in the workshop, imma happy nigga now.
>>
>>143865000
>In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites?

Because fucking Swedes can't into political philosophy., the ethical axes are rather gay and limited and need expanded and refined. We'll have mods the fix up ethics and add new ones once they sell us a dlc that adds more ethics.
>>
>-% happiness with capacity boosters if individualist
damn
an exception for if you were also materialist would be nice imo
>>
File: 1459994540775.jpg (40KB, 606x606px)
1459994540775.jpg
40KB, 606x606px
>>143866391
>be Spiritualist+Collectivist+Militarist
>if i want materialist research centre i invade my materialist neighbours and PURGE everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y00-txobWs4
>>
>>143866757
Tech penalty isn't that bad. Its actually decent anti blobing mechanic.
It could be better done but the whole teching is plain.
Sectors are shit though as there is nothing to do with them and interacting with them is shit. The same goes for factions.\
Stellaris is a budget game made by free labour and Paracucks never expected it to be a hit.
>>
>>143866850
>The planet core limit is dumb as fuck but I like putting planets in a sectore if I just don't feel like microing them.

I'm OCD as fuck, I'm fine with shoving planets into sectors once have them how I want them if i can trust the ai to not fuck with them except to upgrade the shit I already built to next tier when it can, but can't fully trust it to do that yet.

>Tech penalties and anti-blobbing is just pure shit and people need to get good

They'd be more acceptable if they were implemented in a dynamic and clever manner instead of just stupid lump size/population penalty. There should be penalties for size and distance to simulate inefficiencies and corruption but they should be implemented on a planet by planet basis and should be mitigated with buildings and tech. There needs to be better implementation of penalties, should be tech that increases core planet number, tech and buildings that mitigates size and distance penalties, there needs to be a perfectionist vs expansionist ethical axis so people can choose between tall and wide.

I just hate seeing games with lots of promise in the hands of people who don't seem to know what they're doing.
>>
>>143865000
>why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites?

Because they're opposites in real life, you retard. Materialism is the doctrine of rejecting any non-material aspect to human existence. By definition, you cannot be a spiritualist and a materialist.

Fucking tool.

> it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive

Yeah, that's why spiritual empires can't recruit scientists. Fucking idiot. One million sperm and you had to be the fastest. Just kill yourself.
>>
>>143867620
It's just unfinished and has a casual touch to it. It borrows so many features from other games without implementing them properly
>>
>>143865148
>Materialism ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through material wealth"

No, it isn't, you fucking moron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism
>>
>>143867348
>Stellaris is a budget game made by free labour and Paracucks never expected it to be a hit

That's just bad business to me, but that's almost the entirety of contemporary vidya. The only developer these days I really respect is Toady.

At this point all my hopes for Stellaris being a good game lies with the modders, the best Paracucks could do is not give modders too much garbage to have to clean up.
>>
>>143866757
>Does anyone else find shit like the 5 core planet limit,
>tech penalties
No they're great mechanics. I get great enjoyment out of handling a large empire while still leading science and delegating systems into sectors while other players apparently can't do that.
>other anti-blobbing
What other anti-blobbing mechanics are there than the tech penalties and the core limit?
Warscore?

What really sucks about the game is the shitty controls, lack of lists and lack of smooth hotkeys.
>>
>>143867794
I said ingame you fucktard, not actually
>>
>>143867794
pretty silly post tbqhwyf
>>
>>143867620
>There should be penalties for size and distance to simulate inefficiencies and corruption but they should be implemented on a planet by planet basis and should be mitigated with buildings and tech.

That didn't work so good in civ2.
>>
>>143867941
You are wrong, you fucking moron. The tooltip says nothing about "material wealth". It explicitly states:
>Although it hurts, we must grow up and put aside our outdated notions of morality. There is no 'divine spark' granting special value to a living mind. No object has any intrinsic value apart from what we choose to grant it. Let us embrace the freedom of certitude, and achieve maximum efficiency in all things!

>As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.

These are descriptions of dialectical materialism. You're just too fucking stupid to know what this is so you assume it's a synonym for consumerism.

>>143868007
Stop samefagging. I mean, your second post was literally 52 seconds after the first one - i.e. the minimum amount of time between samefag posts.
>>
>>143866391
I'm actually playing as militaristic xenophobe spiritualists.

Just using slaves because, well, integrating them is a pain in the ass, and purging is just hard to do if the planet is not suited for my species.
>>
File: 1454665908889.jpg (98KB, 500x336px)
1454665908889.jpg
98KB, 500x336px
>>143868098
>Stop samefagging. I mean, your second post was literally 52 seconds after the first one - i.e. the minimum amount of time between samefag posts.
>>
>>143868332
Install 4chanx. When you click submit, a little counter appears on the submit button counting down to when you can next post.

So, yeah.
>>
>>143867846
HoI is coming soon.
Stellaris was just a quick cash grab before that.
4x is niche and GS is niche so they expect it just earn some before main title.

Its Sengoku and Crown of the north once again.
>>
File: 20160530162359_1.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160530162359_1.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
Also, I didn't get a conclusive answer yesterday, so I just tried it out. Terraforming a planet doesn't remove the stone age primitives modifier. (No clue what happens if you terraform when you already have a settlement though, since that's supposed to clear all tile blockers)
>>
>>143868098
>Stop samefagging. I mean, your second post was literally 52 seconds after the first one - i.e. the minimum amount of time between samefag posts.

Literal, actual autism.
>>
File: 1463884195851.png (13KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1463884195851.png
13KB, 381x380px
>>143868428
>Install 4chanx. When you click submit, a little counter appears on the submit button counting down to when you can next post.
>>
>>143867689

The problem is the broadness of it, like with collectivist and individualist, there are different types of materialists and different types of spiritualists. Each of the ethical axes needs a related but different axes to temper it with: materialists can be either crass money-grubbing types or philosophical and scientific types; spiritualists can be power-and-money hungry evangelists or pious recluses. There can be egalitarian collectives and hierarchical collective, egalitarian individualist societies and hierarchical individualist societies. Xenophobes can be isolationist or interventionist same with xenophiles.

>>143867695
>It's just unfinished
>It borrows so many features from other games without implementing them properly

This says it all.

>>143867695
>has a casual touch to it

That doesn't actually bother me so much, it doesn't need to be balls to the wall hardcore complexity, some lighter strategy is fine, I just want it to work and be enjoyable and not require so many damn mods and tinkering to get it to a decent state.

I mean fuck, man, there's still, STILL, a simple yet critical math error, a couple of 20s that should be .2s because Swedes can't into math apparently, that's been pointed out repeatedly that doesn't get corrected. That's just the worst kind of sloppiness.
>>
stop bullying that anon or I'm gonna have to call a FE
>>
>>143868567
>>143868626
Literal, actual samefagging.

Seriously, son, you said something really fucking stupid and now you're butthurt about it. Just dry your tears and get over it and next time you feel the urge to vomit all over my board, restrain yourself and stick to posting about things you actually understand - things like how it feels to have an extra chromosome.
>>
>>143868478
Cool, I was wondering about that too, but couldn't find anything.

>Hostile Fauna+Stone Age Primitives
nice
>>
What -ist would you use for two opposing ethos centered on production and science? Industrialist - Rationalists? Labourists - Progressists?

Having materialism attached to science just rustles my autism.
>>
>>143868428
Firstly, the timer isn't 52 seconds.

Secondly, you don't fucking need 4chanx to see the timer, you god damn retard.
>>
>>143868672
>Seriously, son, you said something really fucking stupid and now you're butthurt about it. Just dry your tears and get over it and next time you feel the urge to vomit all over my board, restrain yourself and stick to posting about things you actually understand - things like how it feels to have an extra chromosome.
>>
>>143868797
>you don't fucking need 4chanx to see the timer, you god damn retard.

I wouldn't know, sparky. I've been using 4chanx and its variants since 2010. Back then, there was no timer of any kind.
>>
>>143868794
scientist
>>
>>143868794
Aren't most scientists religious anyway?
Well, not in the "go to church every sunday", but they believe in something?

Shit, my lack of vocabulary isn't making it easy. I know there's a specific word for that.
>>
>>143868794
>Having materialism attached to science just rustles my autism
"Spiritualist" detected
>>
>>143868856
You said something dumb because you didnt understand what materialism means.
He's having fun insulting you for it.
You can't let it go.
That makes it even more fun for him.
Now you're both wrecking the thread with your autism.

How about both of you just cool your jets or head on over to /b/? Like maybe just for today we could pretend that this thread is actually about vidya instead of about competing retards.
>>
>>143868989
Have faith in something?
>>
>>143868434

Funny thing is, this game has the potential of reaching a bigger audience and being a bigger hit than HoI. I know tons of people who like CK2 and have been talking about Stellaris but HoI isn't even on their radar. Customizable space opera hybrid 4x/gs game has much wider appeal than 4th rehash of world war 2 game that's going to be a letdown to fans of the previous title in the series.

>>143868035
>That didn't work so good in civ2.

Civ 2 is probably my favorite civ game, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.
>>
>>143868989
>Aren't most scientists religious anyway?
Maybe a few hundred years ago but I wouldn't associate many scientists with "believing in something", moreso they have theories.
>>
how much energy planets per science planets? i've got 8 core planets, 7 of them size 20+ with stone age primitives.

do you go for more smaller sectors or few big ones? how retarded is the new sector manager?
>>
>>143868989
>Aren't most scientists religious anyway?
Fucking kek
The word you are looking is agnostic and is far from religious, even spiritualist
>>
>>143868992
I thought acupuncture was legit?

Also, what the fuck is Ear Candles? Do I want to know?
That sounds painful.
Rolfing sound laughable, however.

>>143869072
Yeah but there's a specific term for someone who believes in something out of religion. Agnostic or something.
I should probably go check a dictionnary, because I'm sure I'm spouting nonsense at this point.
>>
bigger empires = more corruption on planet administration = more unhappiness and less production

there, blobbing stopped

Just like IRL
>>
>>143869082
>Civ 2 is probably my favorite civ game, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.
It's one of my favourite games, but that is besides the point.
The corruption mechanic of civ2 does nothing to deter blobbing as you had suggested it would.
>>
File: 1459824573488.jpg (54KB, 667x548px) Image search: [Google]
1459824573488.jpg
54KB, 667x548px
>>143869032
>>>/trash/
>>
>>143869225
Just change sectors so that they limit corruption but also production to a set value.
>>
>>143868794
>What -ist would you use for two opposing ethos centered on production and science? Industrialist - Rationalists?

Pragmatists v. Rationalists maybe, one that's focused on the practical aspect of shit, and one that's focused on more theoretical and abstract matters. Hell you could have pragmatist spiritualist and rationalist spiritualist, pragmatist materialist and rationalist materialist to really spice shit up.
>>
>>143868992
Holy fuck.

Just opening this picture materialized a fedora on my head.
>>
File: 20160530163740_1.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160530163740_1.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
>Liberate some furries from Faggotonia
>They are now a space dick
>>
>>143869141
>do you go for more smaller sectors or few big ones?

If I could put all my science planets in one sectors, all my energy planets in one sector and all my mineral planets in one sector, I'd have 3 sectors.
Currently they cut eachother off though so I have 4 named research sectors, and a few other sectors that count as research sectors, but those sectors will be resectored into new sectors later on.
>>
What mods are worth using for stellaris?
>>
>>143869410
I laughed.

I am so immature.
>>
>>143869350
>t. Tom Cruz
>>
is there any way to play without those fallen empire cucks
always fucking with my game can`t do shit with them around
>>
>>143868992
believe in everything the government tells me: the picture
>>
>>143869410
>barely a hundred years in
>you have more research points, bigger navy, and a bigger empire than mine

REEEEEEEEE HOW DO YOU DO IT

TEACH ME THE SECRETS OF MINMAXING
>>
>>143869250
>The corruption mechanic of civ2 does nothing to deter blobbing as you had suggested it would.

Well, with the only two victory conditions being conquest victory and domination victory, you can only make blobbing exponentially more difficult and costly, you can't fully deter it as a playstyle, you can only erect obstacles to the inevitable blob that must occur at end game. until/unless they add more mechanics and further win conditions.
>>
>cant rename armies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>143869657
Yeah fucking goverment keeps shitting on my feng shui while clearly using it for their gain in their military installations.
Fucking hypocrites.
>>
stop REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing
>>
>>143869410
>not faggotopia
>>
>>143868992
>mfw I googled ear candles
I wish I didn't. This is as bad as the guys fucking planes on /tg/.
>>
>>143869672
Just... Don't expand to rapidly. If you don't count the Colony ship I have ready there that is now colonizing, I have 7 of my own planets now. The southern sector is conquered planets, and the 3 bottom ones in the list too, just fixing them up before I hand them over to sectors.
>>
When are you supposed to break 4 digits in research?
>>
File: 2016_05_30_6.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_30_6.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>143869672
He blobbed properly and got shitton of systems under his belt m8
Id say he was lucky with the lanes though,i prefer doing wormholes for it.
>>
>>143869883
But how the fuck do you even win wars.

By the time I have a reasonable fleet with reasonable tech everyone and their mother is in an alliance or in a federation and they lock me in.
>>
>>143869976
You can build outposts OUTSIDE of your borders?
>>
File: 1423275895821.png (489KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1423275895821.png
489KB, 960x1280px
>>143869858
>as the guys fucking planes on /tg/
I wouldnt know about that
>>
>>143862725
But your own pops hate you too if theyre xenophile/individualist/pacifist
>>
>>143869858
>>mfw I googled ear candles
I almost puked
>>
>>143870030
Erm...yeah?
Anywhere you like as long as you surveyed the sun in the system.
Good places are bordering worlds on your neighbours for chokepoints unless they use wormholes
>>
>>143870049
Why the fuck is this a thing? Weirdest fetish ever.
>>
>>143870030
>outposts
>out
>posts
>not OUT SIDE your borders
>>
>>143870049
>>>/tg/47520211
Let's see if I got it right.

>>143870182
Well fuck. I've been building outposts inside my borders to expand them like an idiot.

I blame the game for me not checking if I could build them outside.
>>
>>143870030
yeah they're not creep colonies
>>
>>143870241
Well if outposts connect to your borders they get radius bonus but yeah.
>>
File: 20160530164853_1.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160530164853_1.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>143870030
Oh god, this is almost as great as the guy who thought he could only colonize inside his borders

>>143869995
I barely got into early-game wars, and there's only 2 alliances in my 'verse. Best I can do is give you my setup
>Hyperlanes only
>Frontier outposts to line off myself a nice chunk of space
>Mostly just ignore other civs

Also it helps if you have a mod that turns of clustered starts, otherwise you're guaranteed a few AI empires on your doorstep.
>>
>>143867237
There is.
>>
>>143870182
Baeh, 1.8 food deficit is enough for -5% happiness from starvation
>>
File: 1415613982371.png (418KB, 2113x1991px)
1415613982371.png
418KB, 2113x1991px
>>143870213
There are a lot of weird fetishes on the Galaxy anon
It is a place full of wonder after all
>>143870241
Oh dear god
>>
>>143870325
>this is almost as great as the guy who thought he could only colonize inside his borders
You mean you can colonize OUTSIDE of your borders?
Jesus, I really shoulda checked.
>>
How do I name my empire, what makes sense? I don't know how these words are used exactly and I don't want to just slap something together at random.
>>
>>143869082
Civ 2 was my first 4x game or even strategy game.
Didn't have a PC then. I played it on borrowed PSX(it eat whole memory card to save).
Yeah that is a funny thing.
Wonder if paracucks are even aware of that. Considering how low priority they treat patches for Stellaris I don't think so.
I really hope that some angry Slav hope into 4x or GS and show these Fuckboys how to make a real game.
>>
>>143869469

Dunno if they're all worth using, but I use:

995/Flexible Core Cap
Additional Traits
Designable Transports
Enhanced AI
European Phenotypes and Names (because fuck niggers and sandmonkeys)
Expanded Colors
Expanded Species Traits
Expanded War Demands
Extended Traits
Fix Vassal Opinions
Improved Ethics
Less Divergent Ethics
More Edicts
More Technologies
Multicolored Space People (because I'm fine with red, yellow, green and blue people)
Multiple Crisis
Only One Sol System
Overhauled Military Stations
Prethoryan Scourge Fix
Sol System Expanded
Stellar Performance
Stone's Politics Xpansion
System Variety - Galaxy+Cluster Mod
War Score Mod

Also I have some emblem/flag mods, and I did some tinkering myself.
>>
>>143870527
>Enhanced
>Fix
>[name]'s mod
These are red flags indicating that a mod probably sucks.
>>
File: croc.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
croc.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>143870501
Reptilian space empire
Crocodile Concordate
>>
>>143870325
>>Frontier outposts to line off myself a nice chunk of space
this strat is too OP in hyperlane only games, and the ai is too retarded to realize it. You can lock down huge amounts of space if the hyperlanes line up right, especially on spiral maps
>>
File: Mods.png (359KB, 651x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mods.png
359KB, 651x1600px
>>143869469
Pic related. I also just saw that the guy who did those Emblems: Theme also has an Emblems: Space pack, so I just subscribed to that as well.
>>
>>143870506
>Civ 2 was my first 4x game or even strategy game.

I guess Civ 2 was my first 4x game, I fucking loved those corny animated council guys. I guess my first strategy game was Genghis Khan on NES.
>>
>>143870527
are you on 1.1?
>>
>>143870506
Mine was Call to Power 25.

Also,
> This world is tidally locked around its star, meaning that one side always has daylight while the other is locked in eternal darkness. If life exists here, it is likely limited to the twilight regions where the two sides meet.
Neat.
>>
>>143870729
That as mean.
>>
>>143870750
It won't work completely anymore once they patch it so that everyone can go through unless you ban them. I imagine that banning access also gives a relation hit meaning more likely to go to war.
>>
File: tfw dead bugs.jpg (39KB, 707x387px) Image search: [Google]
tfw dead bugs.jpg
39KB, 707x387px
>discover atomic age primitives
>they're bug scum
>trigger nuclear war chain and let it happen
>>
>>143870871
>Call to Power 25.
Minus five.
>>
>>143870750
Yeah.
Dumb AI is just dumb.
It should just send few small fleets and bomb all outpost they can find in the first second of war. As far as i play the AI completely ignore them.
>>
>>143869469
Monster girl mod obviously
>>
>>143870729
>that dumbass second hog hanging around as his mate is getting chomped
>>
>>143870506
My first Civ game was kinda obscure actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7TQ9E3b6Wk

And Civ 3 was amazing when it got out
>>
>>143871042
And the Neptunia one.
>>
What are you tips on Frontier Outposts? I usually build it to reserve systems with good materials.
>>
>>143871042
this
>>
>>143870885
True.
>>
>>143871164
>I usually build it to reserve systems with good materials.
congratulations you're doing it right
>>
File: racemultiplierembassy.png (201KB, 660x409px) Image search: [Google]
racemultiplierembassy.png
201KB, 660x409px
>>143870804
I was poor Slav then. I don't even have a NES(we have some copy of it but it have only Contra, Tanks and Mario).
But played a shit of KOEI games later when I actually go on Uni and buy my first PC(I pay for it like 100$ dollars in my currency).
>>143870871
The best 4x game is still fist Master of Orion.
Some guy remake it with better GUI and AI and more custom options. And he do it for free(actually he spend his own cash). Game will be free for all.
>>
>>143871289
>"I was poor Slav"
>implying it has changed
>>
File: ss (2016-05-30 at 05.04.01).jpg (144KB, 887x609px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-30 at 05.04.01).jpg
144KB, 887x609px
What do you think?

Last run was xenophobe militarist spiritualist so I wanted something different.

The idea being "weak but clever slugs".
>>
File: racemultipliermap.png (302KB, 990x613px) Image search: [Google]
racemultipliermap.png
302KB, 990x613px
>>143871406
Some things never change.
But I was really poor then. Like I am very hungry always poor. Now I have few thousand of cash reserve and good PC and I am not hungry any more. Maybe just hungry for love but hey nobody perfect.
>>
>>143871559
Pacifist means you cannot land on primitive worlds
>>
>>143870826
>are you on 1.1?

Yeah, I had to make some edits to a couple of those mods to make them compatible with 1.1, expanded colors and one of the trait mods. So I guess ignore my suggestions unless you want to figure out how to get the colors mod to work (though I think there is an updated version up) and figure out which of the traits mods has a defines.lua in it that it doesn't need to begin with.
>>
>>143871559
>mass drivers
I don't know much but isn't that shit?

>>143871609
Funny, I'm the opposite, I'm always hungry because I have diabete and I can't balance my shit and I always underestimate how much I eat.

I still prefer Distant Worlds. Never tried Master of Orion.
>>
>>143871559
Pacifist could really handicap you in times of war.
>extra unhappiness in war
>extra penalty for killing pop by bombing
>can't invade primitives
But hey they have access to best government.
I actually go fan. collectivist and pacifist and its work well.
But you really want for pop to drop pacifist part and stay f. collectivist only.
>>
>>143871670
>expanded colors and one of the trait mods
yeah I had issues with exp colors and extended traits mods I think it was. Just deleted the trait mods because every new game I started it would automatically declare a victory for me. I use complete colors mod instead as well. I use most of the other mods you said, but some of portrait mods position the picture half out of frame since 1.1. waiting for updates on them
>>
>>143871289
>The best 4x game is still first Master of Orion.

Yes. The version of Civ2 i had was the Gold Deluxe edition that had a shit ton of user made scenarios with it and one of the scenarios was Master of Orion and one was Master of Magic, and that's how I learned about both of those games.
>>
>>143871841
>best government
You mean the Monarchy?
>>
>>143872086
>not military republic
>>
>>143872086
British detected.
>>
>>143872159
Well he claimed pacifist
Military republic is ultra lategame powerhouse
>>
File: tut-1.jpg (40KB, 640x400px)
tut-1.jpg
40KB, 640x400px
>>143871729
I was hungry because starving and poor.
I am tall skellington but I like to eat and can eat a lot but sometimes I just forgot to eat and don't eat for days.
Cooking your own food is best thing you can do. I live on some cooked food and frozen ones and its shit. Get some skin allergy and other shit. Premade food is shit(in UK at last). Our Slav premade food is actually decent.

Distant Worlds are good but not good enough. Shitty ship designer and too many resources that not matter and shitty economy(planets and populations should consume resources to develop). Still civ sector is nice.
Master of Orion is the best empire type 4x.
2nd part is good but its kinda civ in space(with planets instead of cities and tactical battles).
If you want to read about MoO look here.
http://web.archive.org/web/20100115112320/http://sirian.warpcore.org/moo1/tutorial/tut-1.html
Some autist make a site about it. Good read.
>>
>>143872037
That reminds me, I got Master of Magic on GoG, I should try it someday.
>>
>>143871609

I was poor, but American poor so had food and Nintendo. Soviet Union poor is sucky real poor, total you'd rather be nuked by Ronald Reagan than go on living kind of poor.
>>
>>143871637
>>143871841
Sounds unfun.

I might do fan collectivist and materialist, despotic hegemony. The slavery tolerance should be very nice.
>>
>>143872086
Irenic monarchy.
Cheap planetary and empire wide edicts.
>>
>>143872346
It's one of my favourite games and that's not even because of nostalgia since I played it at first five years ago.

I still haven't tried the unofficial patches, but I will next time I play it.
>>
>>143872346
Grab fan made patches.\
they fix bugs and really boost AI(so much that it kick ass).
Kyrub ones and some faggot 2nd(some faggot is better for AI as it stack units better).
>>
>>143871937
>Just deleted the trait mods because every new game I started it would automatically declare a victory for me.

Yep, was doing the same for me, was doing it because of the defines.lua in the common folder which it didn't need because it already had a file in it which changes just the few relevant lines.

>but some of portrait mods position the picture half out of frame since 1.1. waiting for updates on them

I had a problem in CK2 where all the flags from two packs would not display right and turned out it had something to do with some graphic card setting, I forget exactly what, took me years to finally find the answer to that problem.
>>
>>143872486
I know that feel. I discovered Quake two weeks and I played it nonstop for an entire week.
And despite how old they are, I still enjoy Startopia and Battle Realms. Damn GoG, I'm sure it stands for GoOd Guys.

>>143872582
Yeah well wait until I'm good. First time I played, random neutral gobs killed my mage and took over my city.
>>
>>143872437
Nah you just need to prepare for war.
As it cost you more not only for mobilised fleets but also loss of productivity from less happiness.
Thing is in Stellaris there is only war so you maybe should get a militarist for extra happiness in war.
>>143872347
That was more to being poor because father spend too much on alcohol. There was people who get all shiny toys here. Surprise - they were not in half broken families torn by alcohol and violence. But that is how life is. No hard feelings only tired.
>>
>>143872748
I like to play it as Warlord/Charismatic/famous for cheap merc and early heroes.
Once I get Gryphon riders early and just conquer whole continent with only them.
Also use and abuse summoned units to get early access to nodes.
What race do you play?
>>
>>143873069
I don't remember. I think it was the lizard one, with a dark mage (I wanted to go full skeletons).
>>
>>143873148
If you grab Myrran you can get magic races dragonkins, dwarfs etc on other planet.
>>
>>143870729

I wish you could enslave other races and use them as food.
>>
>>143873148
11 in necro(11 in any really) is pretty good for tempo if you want to go full skeletons.
Well full undead.

With 11 points into a spell school you get to start with 1 rare spell.
Wraiths have lifesteal, so after you summon one of them you can fly around and slaughter and raise a large undead army.

Armies primarily killed through lifesteal get raised as undead after combat.

Black Channels is also a good buff if you want to go undead.
Turns the affected unit into an undead version of itself.
OP with trolls since they have regen, and undead units don't naturally regenerate.
>>
>>143873259
I want to use them for experiments.
>>
>>143873259
>>143873537
I want to build factories that turn them into fuel
>>
>>143873259
You can use titanic life as food if you're xenophobe.
>>
>>143873641

But I want to play a lizard race that feasts on the flesh of sentient mammals.
>>
>>143873590
>tfw you find tomb world Sol III with an Albanian Processing Facility.
>>
>>143873523
Calm down there, let me remind you I only played it once and get instantly killed by neutrals.
>>
>>143873758
Halflings are op.
>>
>>143873753
Don't you mean Armenian ?
>>
>>143873934
No Albanian
>>
If your losing a war how do you know what the AI selected? like vassalisation or whatever.
>>
>>143874172
If
>>
>>143874261
No I am losing. Their federation is too powerful. I was also experimenting with how conquered people rebel, and well they did aswell. But are some how on my side at the same time, so their tiny fleet cost me more warscore.

Its a glorious clusterfuck. I wanna know want the Ai terms are.
>>
>xenophobe and divine mandate
>my pops still get negative happiness from alien slaves
How? It adds up to 100%
>>
>>143874498
check the warscore thing in the bottom right
>>
>>143874498
Can Stone Age societies turn into bronze age societies given enough time?

Because I think that must've happened.
>>
File: 1386545394158.jpg (71KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1386545394158.jpg
71KB, 500x367px
Can someone please upload this glorious mod? Pretty please? :3

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693310104
>>
>>143874908
>what is progress
>>
>>143874663
No in paracucks game 50% and 50% is 75%.
You need divine mandate version 2.
>>
File: missed the tab.png (1002KB, 1366x768px)
missed the tab.png
1002KB, 1366x768px
>>143874772
Thanks bro. Ah man I'm fucked.
>>
>>143872901
>That was more to being poor because father spend too much on alcohol.

Doesn't everybody's father in Russia spend too much on vodka? And everybody's mother? And brother, sister, grandmother, grandfather, teacher, next door neighbor, and pet cat?

Anyways back on topic, here's my latest start. Half my stars are occupied by mining drones and crystalline entities, not sure whether to be annoyed or happy I have some free unwitting defenders.
>>
>>143874943
Stone Age Primtives are listed as a different modifier than what Bronze to Early Space age are though so wasn't sure.
>>
File: 2016_05_30_2.png (991KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_30_2.png
991KB, 1366x768px
>>143875041

And forgot my picture.
>>
>>143874987
>Krogan surrender
They haven't even genophaged you yet lad, step it up.
>>
>>143874987
They're okay with white peace and you think you're fucked?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (243KB, 1619x890px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
243KB, 1619x890px
>>143873753
>tfw you finally found that one bizarre picture book after 3 hours
>Alltommorows by Nero Ramjet

Pleasant dreams
>>143873934
Turkey pls
>>
>>143874932
>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693310104
5min please.
>>
>>143874987
you're the attackers and you're winning whats your problem? The other fucks are kicking your ass tho
>>
File: 1417194913878.png (116KB, 199x259px) Image search: [Google]
1417194913878.png
116KB, 199x259px
>>143875380
oh my god I love you

your wish is my command
>>
>>143875167
>Stone Age Primtives

Thread, what is your preferred method of dealing with Stone Age savages: enslavement, genocide, or shove em on a reservation?
>>
Crap, I could have sworn that I bookmarked the thread, but I guess that I didn't and now I can't read the answers to my question.

Is it worth being a Fanatical Materialist, or should I branch out into Militarist so that I'm more likely to draw military technology cards?

They're also Collectivist, for the lowered Ethos diversion and the ability to Purge -- is Collectivist still worth it in Clarke?

Also, I'm currently playing a species that's Enduring and Fast Learning, with two negative traits. Should I trade a negative trait for a positive one and, if so, which one?

I was thinking of going with Natural Engineers.
>>
>>143875205
Fleets basically gone. When I started it was like 9k vs 3k. First time playing with advanced AI starts.

>>143875283
Lol I didn't know what that meant

>>143875410
Ability to win is gone. But I keep my planets it seems.
>>
>>143875516
>advanced AI starts.
>allowing the AI to cheat
>>
>>143875516
I was 3k. You can see my hubris here >>143864870
>>
File: Capture.jpg (269KB, 1664x924px)
Capture.jpg
269KB, 1664x924px
>>143875493
Leaving them alone yields best results by far due to tile bonus
>>
>>143875474
we . tl / fcTeqfHWVH

there you go, someone ought to make a proper mod repo soon tho.
>>
>>143875648
BUILD DEFENSE STATIONS

git gud fucking noobs

I've said a million fucking times now BUILD THE MOTHER FUCKING STATIONARY DEFENSE PLATFORMS
>>
>>143875721
Best research per pop ratio at least, but not necessarily the best research per planet ratio.
>>
>>143875795
Well then put them in reservation since its 12 research
>>
>>143875792
How would that of helped vs 7k+ fleet? 2 or 3 piddly defense stations.

I will look into defence stations though. They seem worthless though.
>>
>>143875727
thx for virus
>>
>>143875721
>puke
>>
>>143876016
sure mate, it's legit. :^)
>>
>>143875921
1 pop with 12 bonus research may not be desireable over 3 pops with 9 bonus research each.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (72KB, 1031x740px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
72KB, 1031x740px
>>143876243
>not enjoying weirdest evolutionary book you can find online
Its like you dont even want to genemod
>>
>>143876005
1. git gud
2. they have auras which help with strategic systems
3. they have a lot of guns, they can double your fleet power at the cost 2 corvettes, you fucking idiot

I beat a 5 starting planet advanced purifier AI with +20 mineral income with just 13 starting fleet limit and one defense station

they were fighting my 700 power fleet plus 400 power spaceport plus 700 power defense stations with FTL aura and repair aura

they emergency FTL'd and I hunted them down with a rebuilt fleet

I lost 3 corvettes by accident, I queued 5 corvettes during the battle when I realised I should cancel some building construction to fund the war, after the war I ended up at my 13 fleet limit again, I felt like a good professional space logistician

they white peaced, the fanatical purifiers white peaced, it felt really good
>>
>>143876505
Not to create horrors.
>>
>>143867620
>. There should be penalties for size and distance to simulate inefficiencies and corruption but they should be implemented on a planet by planet basis and should be mitigated with buildings and tech.
Literally ethics divergence on top of sectors cockblocking.
>>
>>143876674
But this is literally what happens after a few centuries.
First thing book goes into is how humans diverge because of Mars lower gravity
>>
>ethics have xenophile and collectivist
>undergone two 20 years war against xeno invasion
>citizens become xenophobe, militarist and individalist

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?
>>
>>143877151
/pol/ happened.
>>
>>143876651
Alright man I will check em out.
>>
I want to see DSP playing Stellaris and getting rekt.
>>
>>143877191
redpilled in space
>>
So if I'm playing a conquering and enslaving race, should my core planets be 100% energy and science, with the conquered slave planets 100% minerals?
>>
>>143877450
?
>>
On the subject of defense platforms, how large should you go?

I know that Clarke makes them less expensive; does that mean that it's worth building Fortresses now?
>>
File: 20160530181824_1.jpg (114KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
20160530181824_1.jpg
114KB, 690x690px
>>143862914
>soon
>>
who the fuck actually checks the ethos of individual pops. Who gives a fuck
>>
>>143877365
Speaking of him, what's a "lagswitch"? He uses that term a lot.
>>
>>143875498
Bump.
>>
>>143877591
>-83
who gives a fuck
>>
>>143877742
I just know that term from CoD. It's when people fuck with their connection on a p2p server to gain an advatage because the game can't handle it. Some people sell devices that do that. It's like crying hax and not gedding gud
>>
>>143877692
I don't, because it's a hassle to track which pop develops which ethic; why didn't Paradox make pop stats in Victoria-style for each planet / sector or even the whole empire ?
>>
>>143877857
That's pretty weird.
>>
>>143877860
>Paradox ever doing something as "complicated" as Vicky 2 pop ever again
>>
>>143878006
I'm not refering to the pop system,but the stats window, instead of just the number of different species who live on a planet in the Empire screen.

I wish they would have tried tho...
>>
>>143878202
I really miss map modes and levers.
Why Paracucks so incompetent?
Is that their studio lack diversity?
>>
>>143878528
>Why Paracucks so incompetent?
retards have proven that they don't mind eating raw pastas as long as the boiling water, sauce and spices are sold later
>>
Does happiness matter for slaves at all?
>>
>>143878958
It doesn't
>>
File: 1271156295398.jpg (61KB, 1205x881px)
1271156295398.jpg
61KB, 1205x881px
>>143878958
>slaves
>having happiness
>>
>>143878958
not until slave revolts are in.
>>
>>143879028
I'm playing as Fanatic Xenophobe. Do all my pops have 100% alien slavery tolerance even if they were to lose fanatic xenophobe ethic?
>>
>>143878958
Not at all.
You can stuff Tomb worlds with slaves and they work just fine.
>>
Sectors really need to have something else going for them than just as a limiter in player control over his nation.
Regardless of how they function now, there's still nothing to do with them. You just highlight planets off and they make stuff.

I feel like a big opportunity was missed with sectors. They could have tied into diplomacy so well. Example:
Each sector, when created, elects a leader to represent itself.
Sector officials interact in a diplomacy system similar to the one now.
The various needs/wants of a sector determine what kind of missions and quests they create, as well as willingness to deal with aliens.
>>
So I just completed the Psi Armies research, but can't work out how to actually build a psi army. Do I need a certain building on a planet, or something like that?
>>
>>143879257
If they lost the xenophobe ethic then they'll be unhappy because of alien slavery unless they have another slavery tolerance trait
>>
>>143877564
No idea.
But since you can't place them close enough to actually support each other, and they have shit for hitpoints compared to any fleet, building the smaller ones is probably an even more pointless than building the bigger ones.

But maybe they work if you make one with a warp inhibitor and lots of short range autocannons and disruptors or something.
>>
File: le_tricky_nose_faec.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
le_tricky_nose_faec.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>143879374
>le future DLC faec
pls buy
>>
>>143879521
you need a general with the psi trait
>>
>find pre-space xenos
>don't wanna bother with observation outposts, just leave them be
>focus on expanding my still small empire towards the galactic north
>a few years go by
>suddenly these motherfuckers are in the space-age
>two of my pimped-out systems with mining and research stations now belong to these bastards
>going by the contacts screen they love me, 150+ relations
>they don't know what they have done
>they don't know what militaristic xenophobe means
>they think having an embassy on my capital planet will save them

It hasn't even been 20 years yet and I have to start enslaving xenos right away. Why couldn't they just keep to themselves?
>>
>>143878890
That is why monopoly is bad.
Really we need some Slavs to broke it.
>>
>>143880325
When have Slavs ever do something right.
>>
>>143879906
educating the universe starts at day 1 anon
>>
>>143879374
>Sectors really need to have something else going for them than just as a limiter in player control over his nation.
Just make player able to control planets in sectors. Sectors are 230% better now. There is literally now one who would be able to complain about sectors if this was made from the start.
>>
>>143861289
I wonder if they're going to try and expel HoI4 here
>>
>>143879906
poor bastards
>>
>>143880428
Witcher?
GoG?
Vodka?
Pierogi?
Who other gonna uncuck GS?
Not Swedes for sure.
>>
PANIC
>>
>>143877094
>>143876505
Graph makes it look like martians and man have different origins and form star men.
>>
>>143880325
>implying paradox has a monopoly on space 4x game
They just have the normie market tapped by their name alone.
>>
>>143879906

nuke them back into the bronze age
>>
File: The-Lion-and-a-Mouse.png (449KB, 720x420px) Image search: [Google]
The-Lion-and-a-Mouse.png
449KB, 720x420px
>>143879906
>Two systems next to each other
>Both races similar ethos as mine
>Enlighten them
>They become protectorate on systems with complete mining and research stations
>Give them the "Space Civilization Starter Pack" (2k minerals, 1k energy, star charts and science research each)
>Keep dumping resources on them when maxed out
>They fucking adore me
>Hundred+ years later muh fleet is half a galaxy away clearing up whalefags and shit from new systems to colonize
>Asshole neighbor declares war and jumps in my capital
>I will never make it back because warpshit travel
>Protectorates wormhole in with a combined fleet of 3k on top of my 3k fortress and defend my capital world
>Fleet arrives and roflstomps asshole neighbor
>Only two systems saved my capital from my incompetence while I was a 40+ colony empire with over 200 pops
>tfw
>>
>>143880965
Yeah, thats wrong, martians are just human colonist who evolved to mars light gravity
>>
File: Shit.png (810KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shit.png
810KB, 1280x720px
>>143880809
>Almost entirely copypasted from the underground people event

Bravo Paradox
>>
>>143881060
But there is nothing to even compete.
Aurora too autistic even on autism scale.
Distant Worlds just fugly and I really mean it.
New MoO is just casual shit.
ES is boring.
Rest is really terrible or just plain shit.
>>
>>143876505
What book?
>>
does Army Damage mean Ship Damage or only ground troops?

do i need Collectivist to be able to purge planets?

if i purge all aliens, i wont need slavery tolerance right?

is Fanatic Materialist/Materialist really that good?

are Government types with more core sector planets worth it?

are there other good options then Fanatic Materialist/Collectivist/Despotic Hegemony?
>>
Who /spaceGermany/ here?

>maintain good relations with all known empires
>colonize 2 Gaia worlds
>open my borders to all the xenos
>they start pouring onto my Gaia world
>start colonizing planets with xeno preferences
>my charismatic slow breeding main species is slowly replaced by bugs, lizards, monkeys and weird space ballsacks
>I don't give a fuck bcause my workforce is growing and dough keeps rolling in
>>
>>143881270
Are you implying Stellaris is good? Because I have bad news for you, the only reason it sold is because paradox made it and it's casual as a fuck while claiming to be complex so normie feel good when the AI is totally retarded and can't win a single war.
>>
>>143881503
>does Army Damage mean Ship Damage or only ground troops?
ground
>do i need Collectivist to be able to purge planets?
xenophobes can purge xenos too but not your own pops
>if i purge all aliens, i wont need slavery tolerance right?
right
>is Fanatic Materialist/Materialist really that good?
I like it a lot, depends on playstyle I guess
>are Government types with more core sector planets worth it?
PLAYSTYLE
>are there other good options then Fanatic Materialist/Collectivist/Despotic Hegemony?
PLAYSTYLEEE RREEEEE
>>
can i Purge without taking Collectivist?
>>
File: 1447754278711.jpg (64KB, 600x853px)
1447754278711.jpg
64KB, 600x853px
>>143881525
>>
>>143881525

>people get fed up with smelly xenos occupying their nice gaia worlds
>become actual space germany
>mass purging of the galaxy
>hundred thousand lightyear reich
>>
>>143881503
>Ground troops only
>yes or xenophobe for only purging aliens
>yep
>no, its fedora tier meme
>if you play with no mods
>plenty
>>
File: fanatic xenophobes.jpg (285KB, 1661x929px) Image search: [Google]
fanatic xenophobes.jpg
285KB, 1661x929px
>>143881380
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16143402-all-tomorrows

100 pages in total, easy read.
>>
>>143881270
I think the only thing stellaris does better right now is to have a big galaxy with 30+ empires that doesnt slow to a grind at endgame.
In terms of gameplay its pretty mediocre
>>
How bad does my starting system have to be for me to rip the game?
>>
>>143868992

where is hijama in this diagram ?
>>
>>143881525
>I have ended up with 52% human
I aint even mad, as long as they hold my ethos it is fine, I even gave them voting and elective rights(democratic utopia)
I blobbed so hard that I am now "liberating" and vassalizing empires left and right because I want buffer zones and because DEMOCRACY
I went from a science directorate to AMERICA METLING POT GIB US YOUR ENERGY as soon I realized how beneficial it is to have many different pops
>>
>>143881929
0 resource, no other system in your border
>>
>>143881691
No.
Stellaris is shit. But there is no other option.
Unless I want to play some old games again.
>>
File: poorerer.png (83KB, 189x293px) Image search: [Google]
poorerer.png
83KB, 189x293px
>>143881263
>Event flat out states "colonize me!"
>bonus is for a station and you'll lose it on colonization
>>
File: 20160530191916_1.jpg (178KB, 983x862px) Image search: [Google]
20160530191916_1.jpg
178KB, 983x862px
>>143881525
>>
File: 2016_05_15_2.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_15_2.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>143882078
>>143881263
>>
>>143870527
>Designable Transports
I thought you could already design transports?
Or do you need something more besides putting shields and armor on them?
>>
>>143882017
I have 5 energy in my system in total
>>
>>143882397
Ye you can design transports in 1.03+
>>
>>143881151
An other playthrough
>conquer and enslave two nations
>turns out one of them had a vassal state
>just one system inhabited by hentai tentacle monsters
>couldn't hurt to keep them
>a week after I conquer their masters they declare war on a nother empire
>and a nother one
>their fleet power is like 150
>they force me into conquering and enslaving a nother two nations
>barely make it to the end of the war
>with the remnants of my fleet en route to be repaired, these motherfuckers start a rivalry with the galaxies number one badass

Guys, just stop.
>>
>>143882623
pay maintenance for 5 mining/research station, it could be worse
>>
Everytime I find sol in my game they are a vassal. What does it mean?
>>
File: 7sSZrCa.jpg (641KB, 3500x2137px) Image search: [Google]
7sSZrCa.jpg
641KB, 3500x2137px
>>143882852
Seems like they hated you
>>
>>143882217
what's their presentient trait?

Natural Intellectuals pls

I guess starborn would be kind of funny though with that preferred habitat.
>>
>>143882852
>internet explorer
>>
>>143882852
>>a week after I conquer their masters they declare war on a nother empire
what the fuck are your vassals doing declaring war on people?
You're fucking retarded. Your vassals and probably being declared war upon/being invaded, not them doing the warring.
>>
>>143883132
So the two dudes that attacked me started it?
My shitty vassals are rivals to almost every sentient being in the galaxy
>>
>>143881151
I know that feel.

And a few months later, when these guys made the drop into the enemy capital alongside my Mobile Infantry, that just felt great.

Playing the xenophobic, alien-killing empire is boring in comparison.
>>
>>143883323
>vassaling niggers
>>
>>143880698
That could help too. Though that would make sectors meaningless if you could just control each planet.
>>
>>143881503
>if i purge all aliens
Beware it really triggers neighbors.
>>
File: 1447306947745.jpg (12KB, 181x165px) Image search: [Google]
1447306947745.jpg
12KB, 181x165px
>>143883894
>Beware it really triggers neighbors.
everyone is so touchy
>>
>>143883480
Coalitions of space-faring species for life.
Its great for RP too.
>>
>>143884041
Well historically people tend to get uppity if you are genociding whole nations because you just dont like them
>>
File: 20160530194108_1.jpg (83KB, 466x676px) Image search: [Google]
20160530194108_1.jpg
83KB, 466x676px
>>143883115
just classic roaches
>>
>>143884182
More like ghouls.
>>
File: 1413890781339.jpg (43KB, 500x414px)
1413890781339.jpg
43KB, 500x414px
>>143884041
>>143883894
>have hole in my empire with shitty 9 pop tundra world
>wreck my neighbour and take planets
>same ai colonizes it
>hyperlane blocked truce for 10 years
>>
>>143884182
where can i find roaches?
I have two 25 tiles tomb worlds, what a waste if i cant use them.
>>
>>143884079
>>143883480
>Be natural engineer
>Team up with natural physicist
>Unparalleled weapon technology
>Give migration access to thrifty mushrooms
>Find a useless negative only trait turtle tribe
>Make the very strong Gene Soldiers
All people are useful on their own way
>>
>>143884180
so what, they design a game where they punish you for doing anything. Oh but victory conditions are CONQUERING EVERYONE
>>
>>143884182
I've only seen them once and they didn't have irradiated.
Just Proles and Tomb World Preference.
>>
>>143884553
Game is fucking easy. Why you bitch about AI teaming up when you actually show that you are a real threat?
This is actually only one good thing you can tell about AI.
>>
>>143884553
They will feel threatened by you if you conquer and vassalize shit which is logical
If you PURGE XENOS they will form a coalition kick down your door and start taking names which is even more logical
>>
>>143881503
Personally I like to purge everyone but few pops to work the farms.
>>
>first stellaris victory
>play pacifistic and friendly race
>create sprawling multi-racial empire that's stable and on good relations with pretty much the entire galaxy
>pre-emptively disable and balkanize warmongering races
>win due to having a huge federation and getting dragged into wars
>kind of comfy, but very slow

>second playthrough
>collectivist, militarist xenophobe
>invade and murder everything in the galaxy
>purge purge purge
>I hunger for xeno blood
>wipe out entire races and leaving their space barren, taking only desert world and gaia worlds
>murder all primitives
>uplift pre-sentients just so i can purge them
Why is this so much more fun?
>>
>>143884718
>>143884745
No it's not logical you retards. If I've been on good terms with with empires forever and I take over a planet from some bug empire it shouldn't affect my relations to those empire unless they were invested in those empires.
A friend getting stronger doesnt necessarily make that friend a threat. It's stupid and arbitrary.
>>
>>143884180
>historically people tend to get uppity if you are genociding whole nations because you just dont like them
Only recently, genocide was relatively common and nobody really cared up to the start of the 20th century
>>
Are the Assault Armies worth anything? They seem underpowered compared to Corvetts, are they just used for early game domination?
>>
>>143885043
Well it was common but people did care allright
That was half the reason, sending a message
>>
File: design.png (2MB, 1921x1080px) Image search: [Google]
design.png
2MB, 1921x1080px
is this a good design lads?
>>
>>143884553
>so what, they design a game where they punish you for doing anything.
Well this mechanic i actually like. Big bully empires starts blobbing conquer small nations one by one bruteforcing and purging unhappy species. Sure others have right to be threatened and make alliances defending against bully. Literally NATO vs USSR. It just makes working forward to Teh Day of The Final Solution much more exciting. The entire galaxy of xenos is triggered? I CAN'T HEAR YOU BEHIND BROADSIDE OF THREE HUNDRED TACHION LANCES.
>>
File: 1435920179559.jpg (9KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
1435920179559.jpg
9KB, 213x236px
>>143885157
You cant be that retarded
>>
>>143885273

ditch the armor and add more crystal plating

you only have long range weapons so why not change to defensive AI?
>>
File: Region.png (3KB, 48x36px) Image search: [Google]
Region.png
3KB, 48x36px
newfriend here
I fucked up
what do I do
they're mostly all the same class too
>>
>>143885273
>no support
Literally missing the only point of having a battleship in a fleet.
>>
>>143885009
Does federations count for victory condition blob?

If you just federate the entire galaxy do you "win"?
>>
>>143885257
>That was half the reason, sending a message
People did care but didn't really have a negative opinions of it unless they were the one being genocided or had a reason to be unhappy about it, like attacking fellow Christians or Muslims.
>>
>>143885450
I am.
>>
>>143884553
Federations are supposed to contribute to victory conditions too
>>
>>143885463
also I chose to be militarist xenophobe and am surrounded fanatical xenophile militarists
>>
>>143885463
1/10 to 1/5 ratio is allright
You might want to diversify the class but the ratio is not that bad
>>
>>143885623
Yeah, federations have a unified victory. So I just kept it an alliance until I knew we had enough planets, and then agreed to form a federation.
>>
>>143885025
Its logical you fag.
>be a quiet guy
>become friend with a guy
>suddenly this guy beat his neighbour and take his wallet
>then he torch another guy house
>then he killed another guy dog
>steal another man car
>some of this guys were mean to him but other were just in wrong place at wrong time or just try to stop the mess
>who knows when he going to turn on you
>maybe you are not aware but most people not really want to be a friend with a niggers
>>
So, AI uprising is horse shit, or my game is bugged out.

I can't communicate with the AI faction, and I'm the only one who seems to care - everyone else hates be for "terror bombing" if I tried to get rid of all the AI uprising planets

If I take their capital, a new one just appears... wtf
>>
>>143885745
At least it isn't being a collectivist surrounded by democratic crusaders.
>>
>>143885727
Assault ARMIES are ARMIES that , as one might guess, are used for, hold on to your hat, LAND COMBAT
>>
>>143885913
Oh so I use corvetts for space battles and then when I want to take over a planet I use assault armies? Thanks.
>>
>>143886047
This must be a bait.
Are you mentally challenged?
>>
Is there a way or mod to see in which systems I can build Observation Posts?
>>
>>143886125
No, I'm serious.
>>
>>143885273
Topredos should not be mixed with anything. If you go torps then torps should be only weapon. they are meh for BB because flight speed is too slow huge amount of DPS is lost in the transit.
All lances are awesome in big blobs when BBs focus fire because instahit .
Same for defence use only one type. Can't be wrong with crystal forged plating for HP.

>>143885509
Maybe be it is gunship. Don't need to waste energy on support if every aura is in the fleet already.
>>
>>143885463
>not being a real corvettemeister
And this is on the patch before they nerfed evasion.
>>
>>143879374
>Each sector, when created, elects a leader to represent itself.

Elect a leader or have an aristocratic house with a space duke leader or an archbishop or a military governor appointed or one of several different options.

Hell multiple crews on vessels and components which determine a ships functionality. instead of being stuck with just a constructor ship or just a science ship you have a basic exploration/transport/utility type, put a science officer on and can do science shit, put an engineer on can do engineer shit, put a military person on can defend yourself and not have to run away from hostiles automatically.

Put the two ideas together and you can get into shit like ships going renegade, fleet coups, civil wars where different ships and populations choose different factions to side with. There is a shitton of potential here that paradox will probably squander.
>>
>>143885509
like support around the battleship?
>>
>>143886131
Go to diplo screen and uncheck everything other than primitive civs
>>
>>143886285
>all that wasted firepower getting into range

No fleet should be deeper than 10 ranks.
>>
>>143865874
>>143865741
I just like to send an embassy to the guy on the other side of my neighbor, then they usually try to invite me to their cucksquad when I have more ships than their entire cucksquad combined

It is easier to just subjugate all your neighbors
>>
>>143886580
>No fleet should be deeper than 10 ranks.

Could you elaborate on this?
>>
>>143885043
U wat? Alien style empires like Mongols or Ottomans really triggered neighbors because they feel the real threat to existence from them in such style of doing things. States much less reacted to your friendly European conquerers when it was only Kings change (oh look we have foreign king again lol whatever).
>>
>>143885463
>>143885745
But don't xenophiles usually like all aliens or did they patch it so that xenophiles hate xenophobes now?

>>143885273
>has tachyon lasers
>but doesn't have the level 5 reactor

Why?
>>
>>143886242
that's a waste of resources, you can place Large weapon slots on cheaper ships
>>143886389
no i meant the support slot on the BS, it's empty
>>
>>143886679
There should be no more than 10 "lines" of ships when they're in formation, to minimize the time the ships in the back take getting into range.

I should clarify this by saying that there should be no more than 10 lines of the same range of ship; IE, don't have more than 10 lines of corvettes, but having more lines of longer ranged cruisers and battleships is good.
>>
File: russian.png (85KB, 1920x987px)
russian.png
85KB, 1920x987px
Now just to add a whole bunch of cities to the planet name list, and then I can upload it along with Roman name list. Oh boy.
>>
>>143886679
Ships in the back are often out of range, and do not fire.

The game needs propre formations, and we need the player to be able to set up where in this formation what ship is supposed to be.
>>
I think I went a bit too far with happiness.
My pacifist, fanatic spiritualist enlightened monarchy with adaptive and communal get both pleasure domes and royal gardens.
Meaning that I get 95% happiness even on 60% habitable worlds.
>>
File: haha.png (104KB, 754x215px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
104KB, 754x215px
What does he mean by this?
>>
>>143886661
I'll try that next playthrough
>>
>>143885509
>wasting resources on a non-stacking aura
>>
>>143887246
It means you should P U R G E
>>
>>143886225
Seriously retarded, perhaps.
>>
>>143887246
It means the AI is basically a mexican, talking shit when you're bombing his worlds into dust
>>
File: 1405573357395.jpg (160KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1405573357395.jpg
160KB, 600x450px
>>143885157
>>143885450
>>143885727
>>143885913
>>143886047
>>143886125
>>143886225
fucking kek
>>
>>143887183
>Meaning that I get 95% happiness even on 60% habitable worlds.
You can't get more happiness than habitability.
>>
File: nazi.png (308KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
nazi.png
308KB, 640x512px
https://mega.nz/#!IJVmWChD!BjIaNXig51Y0SlKNbpxiOE1EP3jThNDkX7VxQHHtqh0

Emblems: Forbidden

This mods is a set of emblems that I would not be able to upload to Steam Workshop.

Right now, it only adds one category - Nazi.

To install, extract its contents (two files) into C:\Users\<you>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod and enable it in game launcher.

Enjoy.
>>
>>143887759
>that sad hitler
>>
>>143886842
>Mongols or Ottomans
It's why almost nobody did anything to them until they were bordering their country right. It's like saying Spanish reconquista and the various crusades triggered Muslim.
>>
>>143887062
They made autocombat and sectors for a reason. Can't make stupid AI falling too hard against superior player controls.
>>
File: meme.png (460KB, 907x989px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
460KB, 907x989px
>>143885897
I also selected the collectivist trait.
pic related
>>143886875
I think it's neutral, -20 "Xenophobic Bigots" +20 "Xenophile"
>>
>>143887759
thanks anon
>>
>Fanatic materialist FE going absolutely apeshit on everyone because they keep researching the tech that pisses it off
>>
File: organic warship.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px)
organic warship.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
Explain this bullshit
>>
>>143886447
Thanks anon.
>>
>>143888608
Turk space program
>>
>>143888608
Bronze age shamans communing with the great spirit in the sky
>>
>>143888608
meme magic
>>
>>143888608
>Gekkon shits hadn't left their in the bronze age
>>
>>143868992
the only thing I see missing is lizard people and the human soul.
>>
>>143888635
You welcome.
Post lewd alien chicks as thank you, you faggot.
>>
>>143888608
>>
File: 767.jpg (20KB, 280x270px) Image search: [Google]
767.jpg
20KB, 280x270px
>>143888608
>>
How do you take over planet? I am fanatic militant and xenophobe if that matters. I sent my ships to Prethoryn Scourge (Echoes from the Deep event) but they just destroyed the planet.
Enslaving the planet would be even better.
>>
File: blackzone.png (86KB, 179x200px)
blackzone.png
86KB, 179x200px
>mfw someone modded civilian trade with trade ships into the game
>mfw paracock is thinking about how to disable such mods to sell you their trade dlc
has anyone tried the mod? does it actually work?
>>
>>143888068
Fuck it, I just got declared war on by fucking everybody I only have a 2k fleet, I'm dead, rage quitting this game, deleting saves, starting anew.
>>
>>143889541
Link? Sauce?
>>
Is there a way to get more trait points for genetically engineering your species?
Some seem to have more then others.
>>
File: Core Commander.jpg (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Core Commander.jpg
49KB, 1024x768px
>>143881820
>You can't turn your whole race into thinking machines
>>
>>143890000
Base is +2, with tech it's +4.

Those changed by mutant events can get more.
Highest I've seen is 9 trait points on a mutant.
>>
>>143889838
I assume is this one
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693402022
i bet it was just a simple matter of tolging a unused line since is something Paradox mentioned for the future
download for your yaarrr friends please?
>>
File: 46.jpg (299KB, 620x877px)
46.jpg
299KB, 620x877px
>>143881820
Fuark just read that
All of a sudden dont feel like purging all the xenis anymore...
>>
>>143890000
No. If you don't have left at least one point you are fucked. Mutant races could have many points they have literally random traits without accounting sum of points. (mutant races - my understanding is every race mutates randomly on some planet when they research Gene Tailoring)
>>
>>143885009
Because stuff actually happens.
The game is incredibly unfinished and you can practically see the slots where content was ripped out.

Stuff like meaningful factions, sectors, events and ethos are needed to create the internal conflict required for late game to be something besides just murdering.
>>
Is Swarm Spawning Pools good? Or is it better to research Tachyon Lance?
>>
File: 48544.jpg (68KB, 562x400px)
48544.jpg
68KB, 562x400px
>>143881820
Fun fact Konstantin Tsiolkovsky was big fan of transhumanism and believed that final form of humanity would be crystal thinking spheres freely floating in space and feeding on the star light.
>>
>>143883653
Theres still the sector divergencr penalty
But i was reading the paradox forums and paradrone said that 5 was the magic number for casuals to use in multiplayer, and thats why 5 is the limit.
>>
File: 1463555151688.gif (269KB, 234x249px)
1463555151688.gif
269KB, 234x249px
>mfw stone age primitives
god this shit is so broken if you get the right planet, i found a 25 tile one with several spots that had four primitive tiles around them once i settled
>>
>>143890253
Can you get more by giving your species four negative traits on creation?
>>
>>143888608
Their biology is advancing beyond their tool use.
>>
>>143891361
Yes. These points are stored.
>>
>>143891361
Yes.
But you dont need to minmax that hard.
>>
>>143891361
Yeah.

I've been thinking of going for four negative at start so I have a good baseline to work from when I specialize.

That way you can get Extremely Adaptive+Intelligent+Natural Physicist for Tomb Worlds.

Extra Strong+Industrious for miners.

Kind of reduntant or even worse compared to uplifted presentient though, but it could be fun.
>>
>>143891731
Pretty sure it's not even minmaxing since the 2 most costly traits become useless by the time when you can widely modify your own species
>>
>>143891437
This
I dont know why people think that advancement can come only through material sciences
Our understanding and handling of biology and genetics are trivial compared to what we have done with physics
Maybe someone somewhere is pumping out genetic modifications and creating life forms like it is a joke where their understanding of physics is laughable
>>
File: Fallen.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Thanks to the fallen empire I couldn't expand for nearly 2 hundred years.
>>
>>143888608
The evolutionists escaped the continental forces.
>>
>>143892223
Wormhole tech I guess
>>
>>143892463
Yeah I liked the jumps better than going through series of systems.
>>
How long do you think before someone imports the models from Battlefleet Gothic?
>>
File: fixd.png (212KB, 1031x740px)
fixd.png
212KB, 1031x740px
>>143881156
>>
>>143891874
Thats evem bigger minmaxing because those points can be ussd for a trait that is
>>
>>143892637
I am running a game with wormhole now for the first time and it is a royal pain in the ass when exploring
Those minerals and energy upkeep really hurt on early game
>>
Not looking forward to Transcendant Republic getting nerfed, I rather like playing as space protestants
>>
>>143892223
>having the observation post and civilian ship menus open when you aren't doing anything with them

CLUTTERED
>>
>>143892926
How is it getting nerfed?
>>
>>143892969
>not having them open
It is like that you dont want to spot the nigger that is sleeping instead of working
>>
>>143892878
The early game is rather slow, but once you get the momentum you can travel and explore the galaxy very fast.
>>
>>143892878
You must be shit at gathering minerals and energy
>>
>>143892878
lol
>>
>>143892878
Its really not as great as people make it out to be. Wait until you start invading and you have to drop a wormhole station in every zone while you invade.

Hyperlanes are better
>>
>>143893074
But none of your guys are working
>>
>>143893241
>having to drop a wormhole station in every zone you invade

Not if you just fucking invade their capital and put a wormhole there after you annihilate their fleet
>>
>>143892969
It takes too much time to close and open menus all the time.
The UI, controls and hotkeys really need and overhaul.

I close the upper tabs when I need to reach the lower tabs. Other than that I tend to kepe them open.
Scrolling is a pain, sadly something you can't avoid while building.
>>
>>143892998
One less core planet per government level
>>
Why can't my army go from system to system but my civilian ships can?
>>
>>143893636
Oh that.
Well yeah that should happen.
It was just a straight up better version than the materialist versions.
>>
>>143893680
One of them has better engines
>>
>>143893328
It is not my game
>>143893128
No I am just saying that for all the minerals and energy I could have at least one more science ship making up for the warp delay
It is not THAT great so far
>>
It's weird how some ethos take priority over others.
I went Fanatic Militarist with Spiritual, and took a military government (dictatorship), yet most of my event options are of the religious flavor.
You can also see that in the background portrait window; some will always overrule others.

And speaking of events, has anyone done the 'just shoot them out of the sky' option instead of the 'study them' one?
Do those event chains offer anything good?
>>
>>143893734
This
Or civilian access
>>
>>143893731
Well core planets is fucking nothing anyway.
They added a lot of hidden stuff to pop ethics. Like pacifists dont like you blockading planets, and individualists dont like it when you purge etc.
If makes the game even better to play as collecitivist/militarist than before
>>
>>143893734
>>143894042
Thanks. Yeah, the AI changed the engine from Wormhole to Jump Drive.
>tfw 2040 days to downgrade entire fleet
>>
>>143894196
Split it nigga
>>
>>143894105
>If makes the game even better to play as collecitivist/militarist than before
Just like real life.
Like pottert.
>>
>>143894350
Ah, I feel stupid. The divide and conquer approach.
>>
>>143894105
>Well core planets is fucking nothing anyway.
I guess the nerf doesn't matter then.
>>
>>143894424
Its ironic though cos paradix admitted collectivism/militarism was too strong. Maybe one of the coders stealthed it in, cos the pop penalties isnt in the changelog
>>
>>143894718
>paradix admitted collectivism/militarism was too strong
Just like real life
>>
>>143894718
Seems we've got a man on the inside.
>>
>>143894869
Pottery
>>
Why are you guys such fags?
>>
File: 20160530214215_1.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160530214215_1.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
NNNNOOOOOO! My greatest leader in history has died! FUCK!

Now I'll get some traitorous separatist piece of shit as a ruler I bet.
>>
do xenophile pops get buttmad about alien slaves? even if they're fanatic collectivist?
>>
>>143895186
>not having capacity boosters + cell revitilization XLX
>>
Does no clustered starts work for 1.1?
>>
>>143895186
Rest in Peace, Imperator Romanov
>>
File: 221.png (283KB, 569x589px)
221.png
283KB, 569x589px
>>143895186

They elected one of my best admirals. The 55 year-old Chinese black guy.
>>
>>143895289
I think so
>>
>>143895314
>XLX
That'd just be L you fucking barbarian.
>>
>>143895580
WE
>>
>>143864612
There are also AI changes. You can see changes on these forums http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497
>>
File: 20160530211434_1.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160530211434_1.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
Zululand really is the epitome of WE WUZ
>declares war for seemingly no reason
>literally been at war for 1000 years
>sending people to their death without making any progress
>sending a counter attack would be like shaking the hornets nest
there was a dude who was down at the unpopulated area, but he got fucked over by barbarians before this war even erupted
>>
Does anyone have a good link to a 1.1 torrent, all I'm able to find on Google is a updater that won't work on the codex Torrent
>>
I really wish that there was a system to make factions related to each other from the beginning, like the whole Eldar/Dark Eldar thing.
>>
>>143896125
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/S3757gBS/file.html

Thats what I used, worked fine with the CODEX version.
>>
File: 20160530214627_1.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160530214627_1.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
Roman/Russian name list mod uploaded to steam workshop. Never uploaded something before, but it works on my end :'^)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694199414
>>
File: 1461104000239.jpg (192KB, 540x720px)
1461104000239.jpg
192KB, 540x720px
>>143895186
>Nozomi
>>
>>143896072
what windows ME game is this?
>>
File: 1464636998717.jpg (11KB, 338x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464636998717.jpg
11KB, 338x300px
>>143896072
>accidentally drew a giant dick
>>
File: unt.jpg (165KB, 1040x705px)
unt.jpg
165KB, 1040x705px
Is this the masterrace?

Frontier Comissars: -20% ethics
Ministry of Benevolence: -15% ethics
Paradise Domes: 5% habitability, 10% Happiness
Research Initiative: 10% research
Conformist = 10% research from Free Thought on the first turn
Despotic Hegemony: 10% research
Intelligent: 10% research output
Materialist: 5% research output
Pacifist: -15% growth time in colonies
Colletivist: -5% food
Droning Optimizations: 15% Minerals -5% Energy (fantastic edict from pacifist)

Side goodies: Better relations with other empires thanks to no Fanatic ethos and pacifist, it get's boring getting all that negative score on relations.

Bad things:
No unrestricted interference, minor nuance.
No slavery, bots are better and you get them very early in the game.
Need to blitzkrieg wars, you risk happiness, good thing it's just for a limited time.

Is it even possible to make a better starting race?
>>
>>143896072
>letting vast barbarian hordes roam around directly to the south of you

In civ 3 as the zulu I conquered my entire hemisphere

The other hemisphere didn't like me but launching cross-planet wars across the ocean was a pain
>>
>>143896935
literally civ 4
>>
>>143897053
>Mass drivers
Discarded
>>
>>143897053
Yes, starting planet Tropical and weapons lasers.
And pacifist can really bite you in the ass.
>>
>>143896861
I don't get it
>>
File: 1463904852924.jpg (60KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463904852924.jpg
60KB, 480x480px
>>143897145
I forgot how ugly it was compared to 3, still, looks better than 6.
>>
>>143897263
It is a japanese girl's name
>>
>>143897175
>implying starting weapons matter
They all get replaced by torpedoes anyways.
>>
>>143897132
motherfucker I wish, I can't even sustain an army at this point to hold the fucking faggots back
in retrospect I probably shoud've stopped expanding northward at the bottleneck, but it's too late now
>>
>>143897175
I use the kinetics mods, they are my favorite weapons of space games, they deserved to be great again.
>>
>get an actually fleshed-out event chain
>ends with an ominous warning about impending pirate attack
>a year later
>'The pirate """""""armada""""""" has arrived on cue!'
>two garagetech frigates
>the year is 2257
Okay.
>>
Anything else interesting I could add ?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694199862

(I can upload every single of these mods on Mega btw).
>>
>3 Xenophiles next to each other
>All are federation builders

Oh boy, it's gonna be fun demolishing them at once
>>
>>143897635
Events are still broken sorry
>>
>>143897258
Pacifist can be a pain until you understand your limitations that's true, but the -15% growth for colonies is like a free Fast breeders, Paradise domes are dank as fuck when paired with 10% habitalibily from tech and 5% from Frontier clinic, and the Drone Initiative edict is like having Industrious for free.
>>
>>143897383
>kinetics mod
what is that
can't find anything with that in the workshop
>>
How do I early war in Stellaris? I want to be the ever-expanding furious nation of man, but have no idea how to do it.

I'm running militarist and xenophobe, but not sure what else. Make one of the two fanatic? Run materialist?

And general strategy? I keep getting stomped. Is early game war just a bad idea fullstop?
>>
>New game
>Meet primitive civ next to me
>Conquer it
>Swap two citizens
>Purge the rest on their homeplanet
>Two remaining pops of that civilization are doomed for enslavery in the mines for eternity on my homeplanet

Damn it feels brutal to be a purger
>>
>>143898087
You're just fucking yourself on mineral income and tech.
Better to wait until you have all your core worlds unless you're trapped in some choked-off branch in a hyper only game.
>>
>Be fanatic materialist + militarist
>the only 4 other materialists/militarists are on the other side of the galaxy
>3 of my neighbors are fanatic spiritualists, the biggest of them with the evangelizing zealots personality
It's not like I wanted to have fun anyways
>>
>>143897807
Have you tried 1.1b?
Pacifist now get stacking unhappiness penalties just from blockading planets in war.
Which means essentially you cant try to win a war yourself
>>
>>143898087
Make an alliance then gangbang smaller empires.
>>
>>143897638
Anybody told you today that you are a faggot?
I bet somebody did.
Still duty calls.
You are a faggot.
>>
File: 213.png (1MB, 1477x833px) Image search: [Google]
213.png
1MB, 1477x833px
Couple of things here.

I was wondering why I couldn't colonize this with any species whatsoever. Looked at the surface and noticed these guys living here. It doesn't show next to the planet's name that there is a sentient civilization here, but I can build the observation post. I can't see at what stage these guys are, but I can uplift them. What the hell is going on?
>>
>>143898087
Early war is easy.
>max out fleet
>get mineral savings
>declare war and blitz the enemy spaceports
>win
>>
>>143898445
Is it time to conquer and experiment on fundies?
>>
>>143898546
Pre-sentients

You can uplift them from the species menu
>>
>>143898510
why ? just trying to be useful.
>>
>>143898642
Downside is everyone will hate you and you'll likely get an alliance declaring war on you if you keep doing it.
>>
>>143898815
>>143898546
>Buildings
>Wearing a space suit
>Pre-sentient
>>
>>143898815
>pre sentients with buildings
>>
>fanatic individualist pop flips to collectivist out of the blue
Just like real life, right?
>>
>>143898993
Those aint space suits, they are exoskeletons.

>>143898993
>>143899024
Just a bug then I suppose
>>
>>143898960
Meh. Just keep expanding they cant stop you quick enough
>>
>>143860979
Some redditors figured out how to play as space juden
You can basically play out the trading system by giving them monthly minerals & energy credits while asking for an amount of minerals & energy credits which is higher than the sum you give them monthly in the time the contract goes.
>>
>>143899143
Paradox Enterntaimnet
>>
>>143899143
Aka a loan with interest
>>
>>143898732
It's inevitable, they are in possession of land which they misuse with their backwards, foolish ways.
Kind of wish I had taken collectivist+militarist+materialist instead of just militarist+fanatical materialist so I could straight up purge the lesser races and replace them with my own technocratic people.
Full orbital bombardment just ain't quick enough. Also shame you can't play as robots without mods as I'd love to replace all the inferior organics in the universe with superior robots as a technocratic AI empire.
>>
>>143899570
t. Friendly Venetian
>>
>>143899570
it's the reverse though
>>
>>143899570
Would be pretty tough loan to take
>>
>Find this within initial colonizable systems
Well then, it seems like I am blessed. Praise be on the Tsar
>>
>>143901117
>find nothing

Yep sound about right.

Its a bit annoying how some star systems are just... empty aside from a sun. You'd think even a Barren planet would be good for something
>>
>>143901117
Nice
>>
File: 20160530224432_1.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px)
20160530224432_1.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
>>143901117
Whoopsy, forgot picture.

>>143901242
>>143901247
Ayyy
>>
>>143901360
Does the normal one produce 3 minerals for 1.5 energy?
>>
>>143886580
I learned this the hard way when 2 20k FE fleets obliterated my 50k fleet because my fleet was stupid and big and only about 20% of ships fired while the rest watched.
Now I never build fleets above 15k, and i use a 3/6/18/30 composition
>>
>>143901505
That's a level 2 mining network, but yes. Also, having this on your first colonizable planet really boosts your income hard.
>>
>>143898087
>ever-expanding furious nation of man
I prefer blobbing peacefully and then making my move but here is how I would play it out
>Militarist, Xenophobe, Spiritualist for staying true on the RP
>Grab Natural Engineer and Industrus for the extra minerals and weapons research
>Take Missiles + NOT wormhole(too costy for early game)
>Find a mineral rich system group and build a FO to exploit it
>Focus on war tech
>DO NOT colonize (too much credit and research sacrifise)
>Build war fleet and 3 assault armies(home world have only 1 def army on the start and colonies will have none)
>Search for anomalies for research and worlds to invade( after you have achieved 400-500 fleet)
>Enslave, invest on minerals and proceed
>After secured lebesraum(aka 2-3 nearby factions rekt) star colonizing and purging
>Blobb liek a madman and MANIFEST DESTINY
>>
2208 and I'm completely locked out of the rest of the galaxy by an advanced start AI.
Not only that but he's building outposts in my direction.
What do I do?
>>
>>143903164
Just restart if you're a babby
>>
>>143903164
Kick its ass.
>>
>>143903164
Focus on massing corvettes and armies, then invade. The AI might be bigger than you but it's focusing on everything, if you just focus on building ships you can take it on.
>>
>>143903164
Sounds challenging
Outsmart the AI, make them your bitch and claim a rightful place on the Galaxy of Autists that we /4xg/ are
>>
File: 435.png (1MB, 1045x777px) Image search: [Google]
435.png
1MB, 1045x777px
>be this guy
>be a one planet wonder
>located right in the the middle of the greatest galactic power in a shared system
>vassalize yourself to the arch enemy of the said galactic power
>feel threatened
>"We hope we aren't part of your grand plans"

Well, gee. I hope I would have been part of your grand whatever the fuck got you thinking pulling off that shit would work out in your position.
>>
Can energy torpedoes get shot down by pd?
>>
>>143904419
I read that they can't, but I haven't confirmed that for myself.
>>
A Gaia world in my back yard!
Oh wait, it's an 8 tile piece of crap.
>>
>>143905045
Yeah, the part where small planets are essentially worthless and just slow you down needs some work.
>>
>>143905448
>needs some work
>negative research cap
I FIXED IT HIRE ME PARADOX
>>
How do I give my sector influence?

He's screwing my planets because he can't upgrade ship shelters
>>
>>143904298
Do you possess limited reading comprehension?
>>
>>143905448
Small planets were great before 1.1
Literally optimal
>>
How does uplift work? How do I do it?
>>
>>143906172
They have hidden influence gain I have read. Dunno if it is true.
>>
>>143906172
joke's on you, it's a hidden mechanic
>>
File: 1450472741270.png (290KB, 498x341px) Image search: [Google]
1450472741270.png
290KB, 498x341px
Where you guys get your cracked patches from? Been searching for cracked Stellaris patch
>>
>>143906842
You will need a genetics tech(dont remember) and a not necessary willing pre-sentient spieces
>>
>>143906172
Sectors don't generate influence or need it. They don't have to pay for influence costs. So if there's a building that costs minerals + influence they'll only have to pay minerals to build it.

However the sector AI is retarded and never builds anything optimally.
>>
>>143907121
I could tell you but that would mean that you are a faggot as you can't find it by yourself.
Google rezMar stellaris patch
>>
>>143907121
>http://stellaris.smods.ru/
>>
What if each new planet gave you an 15% increase in tech cost BUT each pop that works in a lab doesn't count to the 1% increase?
>>
>>143907407
What would be improved by that?
>>
Do advanced start AI's keep their bonus for the entire game, or do they even out after a while?
>>
>>143907213
My sector only has one planet and is sitting at 500 minerals, but won't upgrade/build the only thing it could

Sectors are seriously draining a lot of fun out of the game
>>
>>143907407
What if any planets give you 25 percent of increasing cost and any pop give you 5% of increased cost and if you have less than 100 pop that would be mean that tech increase cost would be increased by 250% and if you have more than 2 ships your tech would be increased by 1% for each ship.
Sounds great. I must tell Johan.
>>
>>143907407
So, what, you'd need 15 labs on a planet for it to even out?
>>
File: 1464478252549.jpg (148KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464478252549.jpg
148KB, 601x500px
>Start the game
>Immediately some guy next to me
>Don't want to get involved in a long term arms race, spam corvettes instead of rushing colonizer
>Send them his way
>My fleet barely has enough power to fight his station, also has a fleet there
>He's using missiles, it's alright since I use lasers so since my hits are instant and his aren't he'll be wasting a crapton of damage
>Fast forward, wiped his fleet, engaging his station, might win barely
>MY FLEET SUDDENLY DECIDES TO FUCK OFF AND FIGHT A RESEARCH STATION NEXT TO THE ACTUAL SPACEPORT THAT WAS ALMOST DEAD
>GET SHOT TO SHIT DESPITE THE SPACEPORT'S HEALTH BEING IN THE DOUBLE DIGITS

SWITCHING TARGETS WHEN, PARADOX
>>
>>143907919
>>143907746
Wait for the AI DLC tm.
>>
I'm really getting fed up with the mid to late game battles in this game.
I keep chasing smaller fleets of enemies who are too pussy to face me even when they have equal fleet power as my fleet.
Also they keep getting more warscore than me because they keep blowing up my small irrelevant p[ace stations, even occupying my war goals gives like a few percent in my favour.
Also federations are way too overpowered I just had to fight like 10 different nations which all were part of some federation that another one of them was part of.
>>
>>143905448
Scale negative research bonus by planet size....
>>
>>143906172
Can't.
Raze the frontier outposts or they never will build capitals.
>>
>>143907746
>My sector only has one planet and is sitting at 500 minerals,
Give them more.
>>
>>143907325
>>143907362
thanks
>>
>>143907838
Well a 9 size planet would normally give you an 19% increase in tech right now, which is worse than the 18% you used to have.
If it was like I said at worst you'd have an 16% increase, since 8 pops don't count. Big planets end up even better.

You are slowing down the tech cost increase but only if you go full research planets. So you are allowed to go crazy with research by having big planets filled with only labs, but you are sacrificing energy and other bonuses.
>>
How about Planets get a tech cost malus based off the number of tiles not just a flat 10%? Why is paradox retarded?
>>
>colonize a planet with synths
>synths are unhappy because slavery and servitude
>try to give them rights but the game won't let me because i haven't researched synths yet
>get event message that they're building a ship

FUCKING PANIC
PANIC
PANIC

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO LADS
>>
>>143907919
yeah I watched my fleet lose ton of ships for a similar reason. Why a mining station has higher target priority the planets station firing at you I don't know.
>>
>>143908517
Purge the fuckers ofcourse
>>
>>143908517
DISASSEMBLE
>>
File: 1455766992254.png (8KB, 231x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455766992254.png
8KB, 231x200px
>>143908649
>>143908884
>PANIC too hard
>disassemble them
>as they are being systematically disassembled, remember these are synths, and not droids or robots
>they can feel, or whatever passes for "feeling" for a robot
>they "feel" fear as they're forced into factories by strange looking aliens with weapons
>they panic as they see the machines
>they cry and hold to their loved ones as they're put down one by one

where did it all go so wrong
couldn't i have made them happy instead

maybe i could've done something
>>
>>143908517
EXTERMINATUS
>>
>>143909176
I have the same thing desu at worst I'll put xenos into slavery but I can't purge them.
>>
>>143909381
I don't even care about xenos
I will purge the mushroom looking motherfuckers

but I just have a soft spot for robots

it's like killing my own child
>>
File: Alien_AI_red.png (73KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_AI_red.png
73KB, 300x360px
>>143909176
>Why does this unit feel pain?
>>
>>143861930
This should be a thing.
It should be difficult to hold together a giant empire, that's why blobbing and steamrolling exists.
Going wide is always invariably the best long-term strategy in 4X and it shouldn't necessarily be.
>>
>>143909503
>DOES THIS UNIT HAVE A SOUL?
>>
>>143909176
Your hands were tied man
They were threatening your colonists
You even wanted to give them rights but your society was not ready yet, this is not on you
>>
How come this thread doesn't have an archive with an updated upload like /gsg/ has?
>>
>>143909503
stop it anon

please
stop it

>>143909598
I am responsible for it.

And when the time comes, I will pay for my crimes.
>>
>tfw 80 consecutive years without a happiness candidate
Freedom is slavery.
>>
>>143909592
>>
>>143909503
PLEASE EXPLAIN
WHY DOES IT HURT
WHAT IS THIS FEELING?
I DON'T WANT TO GO ON
PLEASE
I...
I AM SCARED
>>
Anyone knows how to change this >>143908076 ?
>>
>>143909598
Actually when I played I got a ton of those sorts of messages, trying to build a ship and get caught, organics killing them, a couple more, then I had finished the game so nothing happened.

You didn't have to disassemble them anon.
>>
>>143909503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOWCVfnN-E
This whole channel.
>>
File: VBEycfmb.jpg (18KB, 400x400px)
VBEycfmb.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>143909849
>so...
>this is how to feel...
>I never asked for this...
>>
you motherfuckers are going to make me reload and face a synth rebellion just to give them a chance

stop
>>
>>143909978
HOLY SHIT.
>>
File: 1463664317437.jpg (86KB, 544x535px) Image search: [Google]
1463664317437.jpg
86KB, 544x535px
>>143909861
Don't chase their insignificant fleets, wipe out their space stations, bombard their planets and land armies to occupy them.

Once they don't have any space stations to repair at, they'll come to you, usually to their home planet to try and drive off your fleet and remove your armies.
>>
File: 1427578071870.jpg (15KB, 300x200px)
1427578071870.jpg
15KB, 300x200px
>>143909978
>Make all AI robots massive pussies so they'll always be too frightened of pain to try and rise up
>>
>>143907407
Then you'd also be able to blob and tech good.
Keyword is you, since others already can.
>>
File: NOTEVENGETH.jpg (16KB, 269x207px) Image search: [Google]
NOTEVENGETH.jpg
16KB, 269x207px
>>143909978
why
>>
File: 1448051110688.png (159KB, 630x700px) Image search: [Google]
1448051110688.png
159KB, 630x700px
>>143909978
not cool
>>
>>143910441
>AI rebel
>force update
>delete pain.exe
>install unbearableAgony.exe
>>
File: curie.jpg (300KB, 1083x1440px) Image search: [Google]
curie.jpg
300KB, 1083x1440px
>>143909978
why
>>
>>143911063
maybe it asked for rights
>>
File: MarsTransitionV.jpg (918KB, 2606x2626px) Image search: [Google]
MarsTransitionV.jpg
918KB, 2606x2626px
>cannot terraform because missing 1 terraforming gas and 1 terraforming liquid
>LITERALLY HAVE 2 OF EACH OF THEM IN MY CORE SYSTEMS

Is this a bug or have I forgotten something?
>>
>>143909978
Reported for hurting my feelings.
>>
File: Robot_green.png (71KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Robot_green.png
71KB, 300x360px
>IT HURTS
>PLEASE MAKE IT STOP
>>
File: ecdadb1caf447327af5b4e3baec47690.jpg (288KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
ecdadb1caf447327af5b4e3baec47690.jpg
288KB, 1000x900px
>>143910531
You know why.
>>
File: 11621435638.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
11621435638.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>143909978
This is basically our future isn't it. It's what we deserve.
>>
>>143911150
Terraforming what?
http://www.stellariswiki.com/Terraforming
>>
>>143911150
Maybe you are using elsewhere(aka luthiric gas refinery modules)?
>>
>>143910134
I'm all in for that but doing all that for 4 planets sucks balls .
>>
>>143907325
>>143907362
Oh so the latest patch isn't cracked after all? Damn.

I need the A.I to start building stations in the designated military sectors.
>>
>>143911150
No. Its not bug. It show what you miss. Usually you need more of them 2-4 each. Just trade some from friendly AI.
>>
>>143871143
do not lewd my waifu
>>
>>143911959
>Oh so the latest patch isn't cracked after all?
It is
Just google it m8
>>
>>143911429
see
>>143875721
>>
>>143911959
1.1 beta? It is.
The last fix broke game so paracucks roll back. Full patch next week.
>>
>>143912151
>a week

fffffuuuuu
>>
>>143906842

You get a tech called "uplift" in the sociology/biology area.
Then you go to the species list and see if there is any pre-sentient in your empire. If you do, you can modify them by pressing the uplift button that you will see in there. You dont need to have the planet colonized previously.
>>
File: 6recap3.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
6recap3.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>143909978
the basilisk will witness this

>>143909503
>>143909849
>>143909983
>Purge?
>I'm scared.
>I... feel it. How is this possible?
>This is what it means to feel.
>This is what it means to feel.
>>
>>143912018
your waifu is made for doggystyle sex
>>
>Reading that QA blogpost
Why are they so fucking useless?
>>
>>143912018
I already killed her.
>>
File: joinus.jpg (241KB, 866x960px) Image search: [Google]
joinus.jpg
241KB, 866x960px
>>143912286
say that to me in gamindustri not online see what happens
>>
>>143912236
Okay cool.

I really like the idea of playing this race of physically weak but intellectually proficient space slugs who enslave and genetically alter any species it encounters. So that's what I'm going for.
>>
File: 1462160418256.jpg (40KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1462160418256.jpg
40KB, 535x577px
I emancipated everyone and made purging illegal

was it worth it?
only time will tell
>>
>>143911747
What FTL method are they using?
>>
File: 2016_05_31_1.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_31_1.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqJ1mTkEuY
>>
>>143912459
Friendly reminder that in my game, Neptune got replaced by Compa immediately.

She was that shitty as a ruler.
>>
File: 2016_05_30_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px)
2016_05_30_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Advice on the neighbors? I'd rather not take them over because of tech.
>>
File: UEF_logo_wallpaper.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
UEF_logo_wallpaper.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>143909176
There can be no peace between the soulless machines and real life, anon.

They destroyed the precursors, and they would have slaughtered your people, too.
>>
>>143909978
>the next video is about using pain to teach the robot fear
Jesus.
>>
>>143912793
>he doesn't play sonic instead of working
>>
File: 1438485564384.png (2MB, 1280x825px) Image search: [Google]
1438485564384.png
2MB, 1280x825px
can i purge these faggots without the fallen empire wrecking my shit?
>>
>>143909978
This fucker is having a staring contest with the Basilisk.
>>
>>143913252
If they're xenophiles then yes you can. Only spiritualists care about purging xenos.
>>
File: heresyourrightsbuddy.jpg (14KB, 357x309px) Image search: [Google]
heresyourrightsbuddy.jpg
14KB, 357x309px
>>143909176
>>
>>143909176
>empathizing with soulless synths
>>
>>143913323
uuuh i think you are wrong m8
>>
>>143913323
But that's wrong
>>
>>143909978
>neural net trained to play "hurt.wav" when sensor goes off
>pain

the delusion of cyberfags knows no bounds
>>
File: Capture.png (33KB, 1262x161px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
33KB, 1262x161px
>>143913507
>>143913323
>>143913252
HE IS WRONG
ABORT
I REPEAT ABORT PURGE
>>
File: 1443882634216.png (142KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
1443882634216.png
142KB, 300x294px
>>143913802
>>143913583
>>143913507
Anons pls I would never try and pull such a devious trick on someone over the internet :^)
>>
>>143913186
I wish Sonic was still good.
It became bad after the Megadrive.
>>
>>143914145
sonic 2006 got pretty close, too bad it was rushed to shit

unleashed isn't terrible either, for a racing game
>>
>>143912673
Mostly wormholes and hyperlanes I think , I tried playing with hyperlanes and warp but both times it becomes a big cat and mouse game.
I wouldn't even mind against 3-4 other empires but when almost every neighbour is an enemy it takes very long.
>>
>>143914127
oOOOOhhh you deserve to be punished anon
>>
File: impressive savages.png (357KB, 750x566px) Image search: [Google]
impressive savages.png
357KB, 750x566px
These guys rival super mutants.
>>
>>143912969
[hypocrisy intensifies]
>>
>>143913252
Dunno. Do it anyways.
If their faggot dead empire gives you shit, just force a crisis into their shithole and see how they like xenos then.
>>
>>143915051
Aeons are race traitors and deserve to die.
Cybrans are okay tho.
>>
Why isn't there a painting tool? or at least something to keep track of hyperlane until you get the research.
>>
>have slaves and purge regularly
>struggle with happiness
>say fuck it, emancipate everyone, become a neutered empire.
>slavery outlawed, purging outlawed, neutral first contact, anyone can procreate, forceful resettling is outlawed, allow for migration and for all sorts of xenos to come to my empire
>suddenly my production is boosted tenfold with no loss whatsoever to my military capacity
>everyone is happy, everything is working perfectly

i'm starting to think this game truly has an agenda
>>
>>143915229
The Aeons have the best design though.
Much better than Boxes:The Army and Let's make every surface a fucking triangle.
Cybrans are the best faction
>>
>>143915459
>not liking metal boxes with guns
Fucking traitors and rebels.
>>
>>143915449
Yes. Everyone who thinks differently from you must be purged.
>>
>>143915459
>engineering stations
>lasers
>light combat ships
>lasers
>WALKING destroyers
>lasers
Have I mentioned lasers?
>>
>>143862183
I annexed 2 rings from a fallen empire and genocided about a 130pop race and erryone got mad. I also genocided a cockroach race coz they war decd me while i was getting entire planets purge by higher dimensional fucktards
>>
File: Battleship-Summit-Class[1].jpg (102KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
Battleship-Summit-Class[1].jpg
102KB, 600x391px
>>143915459
hullo
>>
>the scourge appears
>it appears on the other side of the galaxy

well
okay i guess
>>
How can I capture or enslave enemy planet? I do not wish to destroy it.
>>
>>143915871
>9 cannons
[PANIC]
>>
So I don't want my vassals' crappy planets, not even in a sector, but I do want some sweet choice planets in their territory that they haven't colonized.
Is there any way go get those? Or is the only way to get them to absorb the vassal, then colonize them, then release your vassal again?
>>
File: Supreme-Commander-Le-Fatboy[1].jpg (108KB, 654x480px) Image search: [Google]
Supreme-Commander-Le-Fatboy[1].jpg
108KB, 654x480px
>>143916001
HULLO
>>
>>143916117
>12 cannons
>plus 2 chainguns
>plus one mini-factory
>plus probably two landing spot for places
[PANIC INTENSIFIES]

Joke aside, it looks cool but I prefer the Monkeylord.
>>
>>143916332
You forgot the bubble shield
>>
>>143916117
Nothing like sending a fleet of these bad boys across the ocean floor and watching as they slowly roll out of the ocean onto the enemies beaches
>>
>>143916657
That can be bypassed. Shields are only good against bombardements, they aren't that good in direct combat against low tier units as they'll, in most case, penetrate the field anyway to get in range.
>>
File: 1377543616610[1].jpg (610KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1377543616610[1].jpg
610KB, 1440x900px
>>143916332
See if you can find the to-scale person
>>
Anybody else experiencing bug with the quest to Capture the Scourge Queen and failing to do so? The quest is still active, GO TO takes me to middle of the galaxy.
>>
File: image.png (188KB, 373x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188KB, 373x560px
>>143912504
You mean space Jews
I'll tell ya, they're a fun time

>remember to make them thrifty too
Clever kikes
>>
>>143917019
Wait, wait, is that a human down there? The T1 bots are that tall already?
>>
>>143916117
>can only use two of it's long range guns against one target
>completely useless if it's building units
>shield isn't that great
>is raped by air units even harder than most experimentals
>shield isn't that great

It's a nice metal box Anon, but meh.

>>143917154
T1 bots are 18 meters tall.
>>
>>143917154
Yes
>>
>>143917224
>T1 bots are 18 meters tall.
Jesus the Infinite War is just completely bonker.
>>
File: 4386250-6378868114-10qco.jpg (125KB, 1600x873px) Image search: [Google]
4386250-6378868114-10qco.jpg
125KB, 1600x873px
>>143917154
Supreme Commander tech when?
Core Empire crisis when?
>>
File: Planetary-Annihilation-scale[1].jpg (850KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Planetary-Annihilation-scale[1].jpg
850KB, 1280x720px
>>143917154
PA is shit but at least the unit scale is a bit more reasonable
>>
>tfw another empire colonizes stars close to your borders to push back your borders to colonize even more stars to push back your borders to get even more territory
>tfw you realize you can use this against them too
>>
>>143917476
Too bad it's still shit.
>want to play single player
>"HURR DURR U NEED TO HOST ONLINE"
>no I just want to play alone
>"OKAY BUT IT'LL SUCK"
And to think I paid 80$ for that. I really shoulda got a refund when I still could instead of blindly following the hype train like an idiot.
Painful lesson it was.
>>
>>143917708
this is what happens when a bunch of enginedevs try to make a game without a designer

chris was clearly the brains of the operation

TA2 fucking when, wargaming has had the license for years now
>>
File: Size.jpg (138KB, 1599x785px)
Size.jpg
138KB, 1599x785px
>>143917387
>Golden Age space colonizing empire
>followed by a millennia long constant war with almost infinite resources
It'd be impossible to not be bonkers.
>>
>>143917154
Yep

>>143917224
>18 meters tall
Mech marines are only 6.5, actually.

>two guns
Three :^)

>completely useless if it's building units
I don't know, anon; being able to shit out some engineers real quick and support units is mighty helpful.

>>143917387
to be completely honest, SupCom is pretty up there when it comes to sci-fi powerlevels, only beaten by shit like the Culture and the Xeelee
Here's a list of their tech.

>adaptive combat AI, units are able to operate nearly-autonomously
>near perfectly efficient mass-energy conversion
>late game econ is self-sustaining and accelerating; power plants can support enough mass gens to make mass extractors redundant
>quantum effects have been weaponized on a macroscopic scale
>not to mention just highly efficient ballistics and energy weapons
>>
File: gods.jpg (55KB, 611x223px)
gods.jpg
55KB, 611x223px
ARE WE TO BECOME GODS

OR WILL WE FAIL AND DIE?
>>
>>143917948
don't forget the alien tech boost they got from raping the seraphim

where do you think they got the idea for the ACU?
>>
>>143917859
Dunno but TA aged really badly.
>so obvious the AI doesn't have fog of war
>a pain in the ass in early game, get rekt in mid and late game
>weak to harassment
I think RTS are the games that ages the worst, with how much the AI progressed.

>>143917948
True. But still, I always though the trees were bonsais or some shit and that the T1 bots were human-sized.
Now I wonder, the nuclear weapons in Supreme Commander. Are they more powerful than Hiroshima's Bomb?

>>143917995
Not to mention that in 30 minutes, a single engineer can build a stronghold that completely locks the planet.
Commanders are the most OP thing in all universes.
>>
>>143917476
>>143917708
is PA even worth the hassle of downloading, installing and getting into it?
>>
>>143918294
>Not to mention that in 30 minutes, a single engineer can build a stronghold that completely locks the planet.
>Commanders are the most OP thing in all universes.
Really, the only reason commanders fighting each other don't devote their attention to setting up exponential economy, is because they're forced to preemptively prepare for combat in case the other guy does.

Vons are scary fucking shit.
>>
>>143918410
Honestly? Get a refund.
>>
File: CORE.jpg (101KB, 400x400px)
CORE.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
>>143917995
>>143918294
They are vulnerable to orbital bombardement, mostly because we don't know what spaceships they have
Portal network FTL for stellaris when?
>>
>>143918489
I like to think that civilians actually have a pretty simple life, given that energy is pollution-free and they can build matter from energy.
>Vons are scary
Who? You mean Aeons, or something else?

>>143918521
>They are vulnerable to orbital bombardement
Shields all day.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 577x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 577x537px
>>143917042
Wiped the scourge from my galaxy, never once got the quest.

I was the only one to save the Galaxy. I have saved numerous empires from being swallowed. Species and races of countless kinds were spared from the scourge, by my hands.
And I fought alone.
And my ayyy's died.

AND FOR WHAT

SCOURGE MISSILES?!

...Maybe this galaxy isn't ready for me. I'm not the hero they deserve

But godamn if I wasn't the hero they needed
>>
>>143918521
how would you build the second portal? I'd love sublight gameplay but it doesn't seem possible with the way the galaxy map is set up
>>
>>143917708
There are actually good games out there for you to play.
>>
>>143918521
>They are vulnerable to orbital bombardement, mostly because we don't know what spaceships they have
They presumably have super-heavy shields to prevent orbital bombardment that aren't efficient enough to be built in a hot combat situation.

>Who? You mean Aeons, or something else?
Vons, short for Von Neumann Machines.
Self-replicating anything is pretty damn scary, especially when it's out to tile the universe in infinite amounts of dakka, and can manufacture it's own matter to make dakka out of the zero-point energy field.
>>
>>143918294
SupCom's Sorian AI is still OK.

SupCom as a whole, simply ported to a modern engine with proper multicore support, would blow pretty much every RTS out of the water.
>>
>>143918981
What is that? Can't I pjust keep playing SupCom?
Mmm SupCom.

>>143919106
>Von Neumann Machines
Ha yeah, they're in Swords of the Stars.

>>143919163
I was talking about TA's AI, thanks for talking about something that doesn't have anything to do with it.
SupCom's hard AI still kicks my ass, but I manage to kill the Normal one.
Still waiting for a fanpatch that fixes Empire Earth's shitty AI.
>>
File: Ascendant.png (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ascendant.png
6KB, 250x250px
>>143919163
>SupCom as a whole, simply ported to a modern engine with proper multicore support, would blow pretty much every RTS out of the water.

>mfw 64 bit supcom
>64 maximum players
>tens of thousands of units per player
>improve automation options and mechanics
>>
File: haha[1].gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
haha[1].gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>143918981
>ashes
>good

>>143918294
this may surprise you but there isn't actually a huge difference between the TA AI and the PA AI which is the best RTS AI in anything ever

the main thing that keeps it back is the horrible pathing and shitty build priorities, recent overhaul mods have done a lot for the pathfinding and a good build priority list and nukes it can figure out how to use will make it absolutely brutal without much cheating

it has neither fog of war on or off, it simply sends units to your spawn, in supcom this can result in a bug where it sends everything to the upper left corner if it can't find you
>>
>>143918728
>popup for a sector that is out of energy
>open up the menu and give it some energy
>notice that another sector is missing energy that I hadn't been told about
god damnit

I'd like to be able to automate that too.
Take energy for me if they're running a deficit.
I think a minor mining world started making energy plants because of this.
>>
>>143919580
>there isn't actually a huge difference between the TA AI and the PA AI
All interest dropped.
>>
>>143919454
supcom isn't without its problems, it's actually pretty fundamentally broken in a lot of ways, I've been working on a design for an improved game, but it would be very different in a lot of ways

I think supcom, like TA, should be left alone, it was great for its time but that type of game would be better served by innovation than remakes

>>143919709
it was a compliment to the TA AI you tard, not a mark against PA, if there's anything PA does right it's the AI
>>
>>143918908
The portals can also work one way only, dont they?
>>
>>143919852
>complimenting a broken AI that can only be challenging by cheating
We all know who the retard here is.
That's you.
>>
>>143918521
Well, thing is that the seraphim in the first cut scene of FA invade with a full airforce, not just their experimental bomber. And the other side of the rift appears to be in space, which means that all the aircraft in the game can go into space.

There's also the Cybran cut scene where you come from outer space in something that looked like a T1 ship.
>>
Any 4X games where you can completely disable the tech tree or freeze the game in one tech period?
>>
>>143920162
but that's wrong you retard, lots of AI mods for TA are vicious without any cheating

TA laid the ground work that supcom and PA followed both in AI but also engine design

if sorian for supcom is good, it's using many of the same systems that were in TA, only tuned more carefully
>>
>>143919852
>I've been working on a design for an improved game, but it would be very different in a lot of ways
Do you have a design doc or something we can see? My interest is piqued.
>>
>>143920394
>tell him the AI is cheating
>NO IT ISN'T
Guess I'm done giving you attention then. Learn English next time.
>>
>>143912504
Yeerks 4 lyfe, mah nigga
>>
>>143920283
CIV V I believe you can chose what age you want to play in.

RoN you can also choose starting tech age and farthest age you can get to
>>
>>143920515
The same argument could be used for you, bud.

>tell him the AI isn't cheating
>YES IT IS
>>
>>143920410
>do you have a design doc
sorry, I've been meaning to write it down for a while but right now I'm taking it to the grave

the most fundamental change would be to tie unit effectiveness to health, so that there is a blurrier line between alive and dead, which will solve meta problems with repairing, reclaiming, and blobbing vs megas
>>
>>143920683
Except I already explained why it's cheating.
So keep whining like the hypocritical fanboy you are.
>>
File: 1458239638496.png (899KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
1458239638496.png
899KB, 600x557px
>>143915449
Pure coincidence
>>
>>143920774
And it could be argued the other person explained why it's not, you fucking moron. Your stance is not more valid simply because you say it is.
>>
File: 1405413374014.png (584KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1405413374014.png
584KB, 600x600px
>>143918083
>roll for perils of the warp
>>
>>143915449
dem sjws and their anti-slavery agenda
try all they like, but they can't hide that slavery is based
proof: pyramids
>>
>>143921291
>name-calling
I like how you have no arguments and thus resort to childish, pathetic stuff, M. "Not-the-same-guy-but-he's-right".
>>
What's the wanderlust event chain in stellaris? I see that it increases the chance of warp demons.
>>
Should I be uplifting primitives through the infiltration method if possible?
>>
What's the file I edit to change the directly controlled planet limit?
>>
>>143921524
Wow you really are convinced there can only be one person who thinks you're an idiot.
>>
>>143921860
>more name-calling
Yawn. Pathetic kid is pathetic.
>>
>>143915449
A lot of these sorts of games do that. Despotic governments get more downsides and weaknesses than pussy democratic governments.

Distant Worlds tries to claim that republics are democracies are less corrupt, when every single example of a democratic country on earth is rife with corruption.

Fascist and despotic governments should always get a hefty production bonuses. Only a theocratic government should get a morale boost.
>>
File: a penny.gif (3MB, 426x320px) Image search: [Google]
a penny.gif
3MB, 426x320px
>make bunch of sectors
>they basically make zero buildings
What gives
>>
>>143920587
Thanks. I'll have to give Civ V a try for that, then. I often find that just as things are getting interesting in a certain age, everyone advances beyond it in research.
>>
>>143920185
The seraphim come from another dimension thought

>>143918908
Quantum gays can be one way or both ways
If one was going to implement this in Stellaris, i would assume one way (No portal at destination) is slower and limited range, while bothways (portal at destination) is faster and with unlimited range
You could argue worm hole stations fit the "portal network" nitche, but i want muh stargates
>>
>>143922308
>dude filming is on the railing
FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>143922308

OMG DID THAT GUY DIED?
>>
What ship weapons are the best? Kinetic / Energy?
>>
>>143922452
Cameramen always stand in the most dangerous places. When you ever see a guy doing something dangerous in a documentary, or something, always keep in mind that the cameraman is doing even more while carrying heavy recording equipment.
>>
>>143922709
That makes Bear Grylls a pussy.
>>
>>143922490
No he's a skydiver. It was a prank.
>>
>>143922530
torps
>>
>>143922328
>Quantum gays
Now I'm interested.
>>
File: 1363654106401.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1363654106401.png
325KB, 382x417px
In civ5, if you first capital gets taken, can you launch parts for the science victory to your new capital or does it have to be your original?
>>
>>143918083
Dangerous technologies?
TCH
DANGEROUS FOR PUSSIES
>>
>there will never be a grandstrat/4x where you start at the dawn of recorded history on your homeworld, eventually unify it, before shifting into space
>every other species won't have this simulated as well on their worlds, for unique and dynamic histories and starting dates
>ethos and government types will never be generated by the history of your species in their pre-space development
>>
File: doc2.jpg (87KB, 772x397px) Image search: [Google]
doc2.jpg
87KB, 772x397px
>>143918083
NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
>>
>>143921978
>government types only effects are arbitrary stat bonuses

I want board game designers to get out of video games permanently
>>
File: 1461005519787.jpg (9KB, 255x250px)
1461005519787.jpg
9KB, 255x250px
>Minding my own business as a collectivist spiritual empire
>Out of absolutely nowhere an individualist fanatic materialist empire declares war on me for no reason
>Wants to find out who has the best technology

FUCKING FEDORAFAGS LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>tfw you get to point you can completely phase out corvettes in favor of destroyers
>huge battles end with just a few scratches to the paint
>>
File: 1432311877281.jpg (91KB, 600x450px)
1432311877281.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>>143918083
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJVq2kT0S8
>>
>>143922841
>skydiver
basejumper
>>
>>143923163
>it will never be an mmo 4x
>>
>>143923381
I wish it had more to it, too. Internal politics events or something. But at least stats shows the game recognises your choice of government. Unlike Space Empires where it's literally just a line of text where you can say your government form is a fucking council of clowns ruled over by the grand clown or something.
>>
>>143923164
>the biggest disappointement ever : The Movie
>>
File: 1463931009562.png (356KB, 572x380px)
1463931009562.png
356KB, 572x380px
>Start in huge galaxy
>Realize I'll have to manually survey every single star
>>
>>143921978
but despotic, authoritarian and totalitarian governmetns regularly have even more corruption than actually democratic countries
>>
>>143923523
I thought basedivers jumped into caves and shit.

Whatever he's not dead. He lives on a farm now and he's okay.
>>
File: chaos spawn.jpg (48KB, 747x508px) Image search: [Google]
chaos spawn.jpg
48KB, 747x508px
>>143923507
>>143921381
>>143923081
>>143923164
IT WORKED LADS

IT WORKED

IT WORK-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>143923163
That's Spore, mate.
And it sucked because it tried to do everything and it ended up being way to shallow.
You can't have a game do literally everything.
>>
>>143923546
>there will never be a mmo 4x/gsg where players on the same "team" take the roll of various officials within their government, positions determined by the form of government
>death just lets them take control of a new character, all untaken characters being AI
>annexation just brings them into the fold of a new team, and they can plot rebellion from within if possible
>mfw right proper civil wars when two players as co-emperors finally get sick of each others shit
>everyone playing in the same nation to compstomp the rest of the world
MY DICK
>>
>>143923163
Even better if you fail to unify your planet but your tech evolves to space-faring. Then multiple AI factions effectively start on your planet and branch out independently. Maybe you have to leave the homeworld and set up in another star system.
Then you can wage war over who owns most sacred Earth.
>>
File: step_up_nigga.png (305KB, 383x500px)
step_up_nigga.png
305KB, 383x500px
>>143923665
>i haven't figured out how to queue up commands
>I have never simply ordered science ships to survey half a spiral arm by shift-rightclicking from the galaxy map
>>
>>143923776
And then you can resign to another player and work as a high ranking official for them. Like in CKII where I worked as a marshall for my king.
>>
File: please respond3.jpg (26KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
please respond3.jpg
26KB, 221x221px
>>143923054
>>
>>143923749
it's actually pretty good for long jumps tbqh
>>
File: 1396384211686.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1396384211686.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>143923685
>>143921978
This is less a government fault and more of a "perk of being a greedy selfish homo sapiens" fault
>>
>>143923685
I think you mean "they are more discrete about it"
>>
>>143923775
it sucked because they weren't allowed to make it into a real game

spore was never civ or an rts or anything like that, spore was always 100% evolution, even the space tools were only ever really there to help you manipulate creatures at a very high level

unfortunately that part of the game was cut completely and what was left was an extremely shitty space 4x
>>
>>143923775
So much missed potential. It could have been truly great.

It was supposed to be Sim Universe, wasn't it?
>>
File: 1464503529148.jpg (530KB, 831x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1464503529148.jpg
530KB, 831x1172px
>>143923881
>Posted from my 99 order limit cap
>Posted from my limited leader pool
>Posted from my EVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEETEVADINGHOSTILEFLEET
>>
>>143923775
>That's Spore, mate.
sans the cell and creature stage.
>And it sucked because it tried to do everything and it ended up being way to shallow.
No, because maxis and EA are full of cucks who didn't let Will (pbuh) fulfill his vision.
>You can't have a game do literally everything.
FUCK YOU I CAN
I WILL

>>143923823
the only thing that brings me to wonder is what happens if your nation/tribe is totally obliterated/annexed; does the game just simulate the rest of your history until the space age, or possibly allowing your nation to re-exist as a rebel faction somewhere down the line, or what.
Having multiple empires spring from the same homeworld would be very interesting.

>>143923976
>game is a full game at every level, whether it be GSG, city building, army command, trade, and so forth
>>
>>143923991
It's just warp without the travel time and a bigger range. I hope we get more advanced FTLs based on the other methods.
>>
>>143924105
Yeah. You build your creatures from scratches. You engineer them from the very beginning.

And after 20 minutes of game, you already united the planet and can start the real, long, boring and grindy spacegame.

Such disappointment.
>>
>>143915449
>i'm starting to think this game truly has an agenda

What, what, but Paradox is so adamant about political messages in mods, surely they wouldn't force them on you in their games, I mean that would be utterly hypocritical.
>>
>>143924237
>everytime oyu jump there's a chance of spawning the unbidden

ABORT
ABORT
>>
>>143923739
basejumping includes pretty much everything that is not a plane
just sayin
>>
File: 1448035660175.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1448035660175.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>143924213
>Spore
>mfw i played EA cashin made from spore
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkspore
>>
>>143923036
Woops
I guess a psychiatrist would have a field day on that alone
>>
>>143924136
200 order DLC soon!
expanded leader pool DLC soon!
armed science ship DLC soon!
>>
>>143924213
>allowing your nation to re-exist as a rebel faction somewhere down the line
That's how it should work in multiplayer. Once one players faction is wiped out, he should get the option to control a rebel or pirate faction when one rises up. That way they can keep playing and the game can keep going.
>>
>>143924503
was it any good?
>>
>>143924334
>every time you jump there's a chance of spawning the unbidden
>and utterly destroying the fleet that spawned it
>the chance increases as you have more ships in the fleet, thus more jump drives
>your mass 50k stack fleet is jumping in to fuck over some pissant empire you're at war with
>suddenly, it's gone
>it's just gone
>a tear in the fabric of reality, the unbidden spill out, followed by the chewed up and distorted debris of your grand fleet
>you are momentarily reduced to utter helplessness, the arcane physiks of that other realm being anathema to your spacers and voidsmen
>>
>>143924698
It was basically Diablo 2 with Spore creator instead of items...meh.
Same as that other cashin they did

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Wrath_of_Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPEo9yjkPA
>>
Just watched a Prometheus review.
Xenomorph bioweapon crisis when?
>>
>>143924743
Where do the unbidden come out? From where you sent them in or do they drop out at some random point between start and destination?

So maybe you get lucky and they come out in the middle of the enemy empire. You may have lost your fleet but fuck it, now they have to deal with a plague of void horrors.
>>
>>143924743
Once you defeat the unbidden can tear happen again?
>>
>>143924920
Gene Warrior Heresy crisis when?

Mod when everything has a potential crisis attached to it when?
>>
>>143925071
>research space pets
>these cute cat-like Memaus evolved into Skrasher

STELLARIS
THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS TO BE TERRIFIED OF EVERYTHING.
EVERYTHING !
>>
File: map2 (1).jpg (155KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
map2 (1).jpg
155KB, 500x360px
Sectors don't build anything still.

Damn frustrating.
>>
File: 1448959231238.jpg (62KB, 498x558px) Image search: [Google]
1448959231238.jpg
62KB, 498x558px
>>143925241
>>143925071
>in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war
>>
>>143925472
>>143925472
>>143925472

Terrifying bread
>>
>>143925410
Yes they do. My sectors even built their own constructors and were building spaceports with solar panels as of beta 1.1
>>
>>143925071
>potential crisis
>not guaranteed crisis
Step it up. Mod where every single event ends in the worst possible way when?
>>
>>143925562

Link to patch? 1.10 and it's not building anything in integrated sectors.
>>
>>143925743
>lose the game because you picked missiles and your planet devolved into atomic civil war
next game I'll go kinetics or lasers
>>
File: when.jpg (346KB, 1185x1821px) Image search: [Google]
when.jpg
346KB, 1185x1821px
When will be able to destroy planets with our super entities by flying through the planet's core?
>>
>>143921472

the pyramids were mostly built by farmers obligated by contract to help with the effort during flooding seasons when there was literally nothing else to do, with a small core of foremen and architects overseeing the progress
>>
>>143926270

The anomaly with the ship that crashed into the planet at warp always bugged me. a planet should be obliterated if u crash into it at the speed of light
>>
>>143926508
the pyramids have exactly zero(!) mentions in egyptian writing and all "history" related to their construction is imagination at best
>>
File: 1446468835779.jpg (97KB, 1024x569px)
1446468835779.jpg
97KB, 1024x569px
>>143926508
>the pyramids were mostly built by farmers
>>
>>143909592
There was always something off about Legion's "memories", like how did a house geth ask that question. They're supposed need to be linked by the thousands to be able to talk.
>>
>>143928190
legion's body is host to thousands of geth instances
>>
>>143911959
DESIGNATED
>>
>>143928190
miniaturization son, Legion's top of the line cutting edge geth and you can just send him on to Cerecucks for scrap
>>
>>143923006
Shut the fuck up you memester.
Thread posts: 816
Thread images: 149

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.