[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hldg/ - Hyper Light Drifter General #5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

Because bumping thread is hard, HARD
And good anon is good going work on maps

>All the info you could ever need, free of storyspoilers.
http://pastebin.com/3Ytxmw5R

>Maps
http://imgur.com/a/ybMHO

>Guide to stone monoliths
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=658027445

>Gear
http://i.imgur.com/GenW43z.png
>>
File: HyperLightDrifter_Sets.png (64KB, 574x450px) Image search: [Google]
HyperLightDrifter_Sets.png
64KB, 574x450px
Has anyone tested BlueGreen for Football yet?
>>
>>138042418
BlueGreen is a ruse

But seriously what about hitbox sizes. Has anyone considered the hitbox of your sword/bullets/character?
>>
Samurai of the west, best boss
>>
>>138045349
he rekt my shit because he was the first boss I fought, and I was very unfamiliar with the game... plus lol no upgrades

but goddamn do I like him, looking back now

>>138042320
THANKS FOR MAPS MAPANON
>>
>>138043602
I did very minor testing on normal sword combo hitboxes, didn't notice any difference. Visually all attacks are the same size. In game I'm not as sure.
>>
>>138046250

same, I when there first. grenades first and a health boost. eventually his pattern because known and it became a cake walk.
>>
Am i locked out of the south boss until I get the keycards or something? Arent bosses suppose to unlock at 4 markers?
>>
>>138046250
West Samurai do become a lot easier once you know that Charge Slash freezes game for like 2-3 frames, and you can Dash from a finished Charge Slash
>>
>>138048305
There is no one main boss in the South, just 4 sub-bosses. Also no 3 module door like usual, just two 1 module doors.
>>
John Walker doubling-down on his retarded attempts to play HLD: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/07/hyper-light-drifter-impressions-2/

> I had the strong impression when playing that the game had opened up a path to the North, while the other three directions were still blocked off by guards. I’d remembered seeing those guards blocking the exits. I’ve no idea why I was drawn to the North first, but that was the direction that quickly had symbols on the map, and targets to aim for. When I reached the boss at the end of it, the map only had one symbol left, and it was something I couldn’t do until the boss was defeated.

>West is perhaps the most interesting direction, packed as it is with secret passages and hidden entrances

>And where it falls down is when that locked door doesn’t open, and progress is blocked yet again. There seems to be no effort to communicate why a particular door won’t open, why these blocks are currently in the way, nor what you could do to change that.

> I’ve collected so very many triangles in the West, but I’ve still no idea why.

>Hyper Light Drifter has a firmly established fanbase born of its Kickstarter, and within their ranks are those who will not hear a negative word about the game.

>HLD doesn’t get close to the heights of challenge of roguelite dungeon crawlers like the magnificent Enter The Gungeon

>Hyper Light Drifter is beautiful, slightly poorly laid out, annoying, occasionally glorious, confused, and controlled wonderfully.
>>
>>138049886
It is a mystery how one man can contain so much stupidity and incompetence. "How do these blocks with directional arrows on them matching the cardinal direction I'm in go down" "How does this door with 8 triangles on it open when 6 of them light up, and I've collected 6 triangles"

Also holy shit 'blocked off by guards'? There's a fucking guard at each entrance, and just because he's so fucking blind he didn't see the one at the north he thinks that's the way to go?
>>
>>138049886
>My opinion is so very mixed. I’ve had a splendid few hours pottering around elsewhere in the game, but always ending in a dead end, boss fight I haven’t the patience for, or nothing to do but turn around and go back.
How
Why
Is this man suffering from sanity damage?
>>
>>138048305
No such thing anon
>>
>>138048305
I think I had 2 when I reached the boss fight where you can pull up the south's tower afterwards.

You need 4 to "light" the zone so you can get to the final boss of the game
>>
File: HLD.png (505KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HLD.png
505KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: HLD2.jpg (240KB, 1920x650px) Image search: [Google]
HLD2.jpg
240KB, 1920x650px
>>
>>138055885
Feminine
>>
>>138056793
Boyish alien
>>
>>138057565
Penis
>>
How are the maps coming?

>>138057565
>>
>>138063356
Comin along, finishing up drafts of South and West, then gonna probably add a black stroke around some of the transitions/secret path markings to make them stand out, then they should be good to publish. Gonna make versions with modules where the game puts them, and then a version with modules where they actually are.
>>
>>138063707
Godspeed
>>
>>138063707
Would be nice if the modules were a bit smaller maybe, in line with the other icons.
>>
Trying to decide whether to buy this or not. It looks like something that would normally be up my alley but I have some concerns looking at trailers and other footage.

There doesn't seem to be anything to the game beyond dashing and slashing. Every piece of footage I could find was just the same dash and the same slash/charge slash combo. I was convinced there had to be more to the game so I briefly looked at the final boss and the player was just still dashing and slashing like he was at the start of the game.

Is there anything more to it? A dash, one slash combo and a charge hit seems like a pretty shallow and boring game. And I can't find footage with anything other than that.
>>
>>138064510
There are guns
Only a few and they get ammo through you hitting things with your sword but guns they are
>>
>>138064510
The combat is fluid and feels good, but no it does not get overly more complex as the game goes on. The enemy variety and behavior gets a bit more complex, and there are some tough enemies, and they throw them at you in fairly big groups sometimes.

In this webm I'm in one of the challenge arenas, which just spawn enemies endlessly and in increasing numbers. I regularly shoot a pistol, then cancel with a sword slash to do more damage, dash around to dodge shit, shoot shotgun cancel with slash switch to pistol then do two shot slash cancels to finish out a combo, or on the big guy to kill them before they start shooting I'll shotgun > slash cancel > charge to do his health bar quickly.

There aren't a lot of moves or anything, but you can chain them together in interesting ways at least.
>>
>>138042418
So, this is just a theory but, is it possible that the green suit affects vision somehow? Like lets you see hidden stuff easier or similar? Better dark vision?
>>
>>138065228
If that was the case, the invisible platforms would be more visible.
>>
File: tumblr_o4w4iuWLjX1uu2zdso1_1280.png (507KB, 1280x745px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4w4iuWLjX1uu2zdso1_1280.png
507KB, 1280x745px
>>138064510

There are 6 distinct ranged weapons though you have to hunt around quite a bit for two of them. Their ammo recharges as you slash.
Also a grenade with a baseline 70 sec cooldown.
Pretty decent enemy variety.
Besides the charged slash there are two dash-attacks, one upgrade that lets you dash into bullets and one that lets you deflect them with the sword.
Aside from that there are 12 gear sets which grant you different minor perks.

Just pirate it if you're on the fence.
>>
>>138064753
>>138065092
Alright. That was really helpful, thanks.

I think this is one I'll wait for a sale on since I'm not 100% sold on it but it does look interesting.
>>
>>138065228
I don't think it affects vision in the dark, as I wore it a few times and didn't notice it offhand, but I'll take some screenshots later and test that, could just be subtle.

And like a jackass I forgot to check if it affected the sound effects signifying hidden shit, like making the module noise happen from further away. I'll have to start another game and go west first again.

>>138065307
That's a good call. I love the game and I've got 90 hours on it already and have spent shitloads of time making maps and testing stuff, but at the end of the day, for a normal player I'd say it's a little short, and maybe not worth the full ticket price.

>>138065298 also has the right idea.
>>
>>138064510
Pirate it to see if your gamepad works.
If it do, then it might be worth actually getting.
The main quality of the game, is that the combat is solid. You get stuck in most animations, so the combat is actually balanced around that, which makes wiping encounters very satisfying.
>>
File: tUBxZbO.jpg (137KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
tUBxZbO.jpg
137KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>138065092
>but no it does not get overly more complex as the game goes on.
Well, the complexity peaks pretty early, but its still weird
For any encounter you end up with what... 5 tools? Its enough to be confused about what to use, but not enough to exhaust your options if you need all of them.
Its really nice.
>>
I just tested the blast radius of grenade with and without BlueGreen and it doesn't seem to affect that either. Atleast not graphically.

What the fuck..
>>
>>138067683
My thought was actually the roll distance before it exploded, so either speed of the roll or the trigger duration.
>>
File: dqBgPd6.png (358KB, 978x866px) Image search: [Google]
dqBgPd6.png
358KB, 978x866px
Where/how to get this shard?
>>
>>138067829
If that's the room that has a few turrets while you're walking through it, there's an invisible path that you can only reveal by standing behind a turret. Top left of the room abouts.
>>
>>138067972
Cool, thanks anon.
>>
>>138065092
You're encouraged slash and shoot simultaneously since you generally get the best DPS that way. Mixing shots with variety of slashes reminds me of Bloodborne/DMC if you're into offensive, combat fluidity.
>>
>>138042320
alright guys
I know nothing about this game
should i pick up this or enter the gungeon?
>>
>>138069253
If you're into Binding of Isaac, Gungeon, if you're more into Zelda and >>138065092 looks interesting to you, HLD.
>>
File: eGg1Z6N.jpg (108KB, 630x640px) Image search: [Google]
eGg1Z6N.jpg
108KB, 630x640px
Hunting keys in West and only just now realizing how much superior maps 2.0 are to 1.1.

I'll just wait for a complete West map.
>>
File: HLD_West_Map_2.0D1.png (343KB, 1198x1078px) Image search: [Google]
HLD_West_Map_2.0D1.png
343KB, 1198x1078px
>>138069973
Hey I just finished my draft, what almost convenient timing.

Should have a South one up in not too long.
>>
>>138070957
you know this shit makes me miss the old magazines where they basically stitched together the world so you could see the whole layout rather than just the small screen and the ingame map
>>
>>138071404
I've honestly considered doing that, but I don't know if I have that level of autism. Also it might look weird because the game has a lot of floating particles.
>>
>>138071467
yea, I know.

It's not just this game, but any 2D (usually platformers or top-down)
>>
>>138070957
Thank you best bud
>>
How the hell is this game 30fps? Was it made on gamemaker?
>>
>>138076219
Indeed it was. By a bunch of total amateurs no less.
>>
>>138076276
That explains why the game feels so unpolished.
>>
>>138076510
It does indeed. I still love what they accomplished even while being totally incompetent.
>>
>>138042320
I fucking hate this game and the praise it's recieving, it's unfairly hard just to prolong and other wise short game, I guess that is what developers do these though though. make games unfairly difficult so that they can be lazy and then just wait for the idiotic neckbeards to defend them by yelling in people's faces that the game is only for fucking CORE gamers and you have to "get gud", fuck this shit, fuck this game, and fuck it even more for dragging shitty modern "core" gaming into this genre of game, it's probably fuck everyone that actually enjoys this sort of game for many years to come due to how successful it is, we won't be getting anymore zelda style games that you can actually fucking enjoy unless they come from nintendo anymore.
>>
File: HLD_South_Map_2.0D2.png (326KB, 1428x841px) Image search: [Google]
HLD_South_Map_2.0D2.png
326KB, 1428x841px
Draft of South Map done. Now time to just make a legend, add some stroke to some stuff and standardize the symbols across all the maps, make a version with smaller module symbols that are actually where they are in game, then I'll have another imgur album up.

The big map will probably stay the old way, or I could just move the underground cutins to other places on it. Haven't really decided yet. Either way the old one will still be in there since it's useful to only find the essentials.

>>138078264
I don't think anyone is actually that bad at videogames.
>>
File: Laughing_tiger.jpg (30KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_tiger.jpg
30KB, 500x322px
>>138078264
>Number of unique posters did not go up on this post
>>
Im in the south area and killed three bosses. What am I supposed to be doing? I completed the 3 other areas and completed the triangles but im just lost in the south
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (79KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
79KB, 1680x1050px
>start NG+
>2 health max
thanks but no thanks

also, I think this goddamn room took me longer than any boss

oh and

>anita sarkeesian
>phil fish

>>138080418
I thought south was the most straightforward out of the 4
>>
>>138080651

I dont know. Theres the 2 elevators down in that main field, the secret path thats blocked by down arrows, a gate that needs 8 triangles. Im circling through these but coming up nothing.
>>
>>138081238
the elevator each have two paths, one requiring a single triangle and the other requiring none

you've done three of them but missed the triangle path after top right elevator
>>
>>138081569

thanks, I just found it. I overlooked it when I found the monolith in that same room
>>
>>138080651
You don't like donations from people swimming in Money?
>>
maybe if your general is so dead it keeps falling off page 10 before hitting 100 posts you should stop making it and fuck off to /v/

haha ;)
>>
Whats in that chest at the end of the tutorial area?
>>
>>138088440
Brown cloak, unlocks when you find all monoliths.

>>138086950
but where should I put maps haha ;>
>>
Game is fun but why did they make the cursor like that. Maybe it's different on console but it should be bound to center on pc and either you can pick the color or it changes to the env.

Translucent white cursor on snow was weird.
>>
Bemb
>>
Dear god, the challenge rooms on newgame+ are insane. I've manage to clear the first three, but the frog people one keeps kicking my ass. These god damn plant monsters charge and one shot me before their spawning animation is even finished.

Does anyone here have the backer drifter btw? What are her gameplay differences?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.