[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 887
Thread images: 197

File: Conga.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Conga.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
Game in deathbed edition

If you dont know already, the server will be shut down in a few days
More info here: https://en.nostalrius.org/

There is no reason for the older threads have been deleted, as the game STILL ALIVE (for now)

One of the paragraphs of the announcement is:

>Today is also the day where Nostalrius will start being community-driven in the truest sense of the word, as we will be releasing the source code, and anonymized players data (encrypting personal account data), so the community as a whole will decide the form of the future of Nostalrius. We will still be there in the background if you want us to, but will no longer take the lead.

So there are a strong possibility of someone with balls picking the data up and hosting Nostarius 2.0 for us. Lets discuss mostly this specific information and enjoy the last few days of game.
Old but possibly useful info for the furute:

/nosg/ Guild Info (PvP Server):
Horde: <Salty Dogs>
Alliance: <DRAGON IN FOREST>

Discord: https://discord.gg/0nimRWtlVK2BOYM3
Dubtrack: https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/nosg-nostalrius-general

FAQ: http://pastebin.com/1rUFFgD9
Client Download and Connection Guide: http://pastebin.com/3vpxc0jG (embed)
Alternative Download : https://mega.nz/#F!uREG3Y6L!Jsk3RbBfPHKojOHMhVmbJg

New BiS Lists: http://pastebin.com/6Mc2bNK8 (embed)
Leveling Specs: http://imgur.com/a/aNm8V
Leveling Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg
Grinding Spots: http://capnbry.net/wow/gspots.php
>>
The servers are still running, so there is NO REASON for the thread be deleted or reported.

Lets discuss the future of our characters that will be released as code and data by the nost devs.
>>
Bumping this bad boy
>>
JOIN THE STEAM GROUP
>>
Farewell lads, thanks for the good times and all the improptu wpvp.
>>
File: kronos-wow.png (149KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kronos-wow.png
149KB, 400x400px
ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

After a meeting involving most of the top-level /nosg/ posters we have decided to pick Kronos as our new server.

Please register an account @ kronos-wow.com and update your realmlist to: set realmlist login.kronos-wow.com

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

/krg/ here
>>137900285
>>137900285
>>137900285
>>
I never even played on nost but I'm sorry to hear your server is getting killed. I can only imagine how much that must hurt.
>>
>>137906124
Related

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nosgeneral
>>
>>137906196
go away moradin
>>
With jews you

l

o

s

e
>>
Is this what it felt like when SWG died?
>>
Thanks for being there Nost.
>>
You know, I wouldn't mind paying for retail if they could offer servers as populated as nostalrius was. If I'm playing an MMO the entire world shouldn't feel dead. I liked competition for quest mobs and items. I liked being able to group with people I'd be able to see walking around in the world. I liked

I keep thinking "Maybe I'll try Legion" and then I just wonder what the point would be.
>>
>>137901350
>But since sending C&D letters is practically free, and they obviously know about all these servers, why not send them all the same shit? There seems to be some serious shit going on that the Nost crew isn't telling us.

makes a good point.

It seems highly unlikely that the server could run how the devs claim, 100% not-for-profit, but still be hit with a copyright claim and/or C&D.

Either that or the gold/account selling operations were getting way too big and thus gave Blizzard more cover to threaten real legal action.
>>
>tell you niggers 1x servers are retarded due to the unstable nature of private servers
>noooo autism
>this happens
well done friends :^)
>>
Made a huge group of friends over the year from all over the world. All gone.

Full T2/+BIS/ with enchants, 65 hours played

No friends because of social anxiety.

GF broke up with me two weeks ago

No reason to live.

Eating Spaghetti with some garlic bread one last time,

.40 cal on my desk.

Good by friends. I love you all.
>>
File: 1457852401595.png (272KB, 428x440px) Image search: [Google]
1457852401595.png
272KB, 428x440px
>finally reach lvl 60 after months of constant grinding
>drop out of college for this semester so I can have time to gear up and raid
>server dies 2 days later
JUST
>>
in all seriousness. what server will the playerbase migrate to?
>>
>>137906417
>Is this what it felt like when SWG died?
Yes, pretty much, except that with SWG there were two deaths, one when they announced the NGE, and another when they actually shut it down. I was only around for the NGE one and it looked just like this.
>>
>>137906579
>putting your life on hold for a video game

That's kind of your fault Anon
>>
>>137906579
That's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>137906490
It's impossible that Nostalrius was running on the same exact files/scripts as other servers of the kind.
>>
Man, is this what it felt like when Warhammer online died?
>>
File: gravity.png (1MB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
gravity.png
1MB, 800x960px
Nost really proved that i love MMOs
And that no MMO has topped Vanilla/TBC WoW

I was thinking about joining Legion again after this, but then i realised that Blizzard-Activision don't deserve the money.
That and even the biggest EU servers are empty as fuck
>>
>>137906605

I'm done with WoW and Blizzard in general. The Warcraft movie is the last purchase Blizzard will ever see from me. I hope they crash and burn.
>>
>>137906791
If you really loved them you wouldn't be crying about a shitty WoW private server and would just go play another MMO.
>>
>>137906741
This is what it felt like when I finally quit WoW after 8 years.
>>
>>137906563

>65 hours played

That's some efficiency anon :^)
>>
A couple years ago (during that "obama read your emails" situation), my country created a few very protectionist "internet law", like most internation services must have a local mirror servers, ISP providers need to go through some real fucking bureocracy to even reveal the owner of a server identity (and trust me, my country has year-long bureocracy bullshit).

The problem is that it would put too much power over the internet in the hands of a corrupt goverment, but that isnt the case.

I think it is pretty hard for an individual be sued here by blizz, much harder than europe, so i think it would be a possible good location for a new server.

There are 2 problems though:

Good servers (enough for 12k players) are fucking expensive here

It is brazil.
>>
Holy shit Bliz fucked up. I would imagine a considerable portion of the people who play on Nost play retail or were considering coming back to retail with legion. They've managed to alienate half a million people in one day on top of everything else they already have done
>>
REMOVE BLIZZARD remove blizzard
you are worst dev. you are the dev idiot you are the dev smell. return to activoision. to our activision cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,cataclysm we will never forgeve you. loktar rascal FUck but fuck asshole dev stink cataclysm sqhipere shqipare..dev genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead dev..ahahahahahCATACLYSM WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget wotlk .northrend we kill the king , northrend return to your precious ulduar….hahahahaha idiot dev and cata smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE BLIZZARD FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. cata+mop+wod+legion=kill wow…you will third war/ bolvar alive in nostalrius, bolvar making album of stormwind . fast kill bolvar stormwind. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of bolvar… you are ppoor stink dev… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

bolvar alive numbr one #1 in stormwind ….fuck the activision ,..FUCKk ashol devs no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur logo and compny. b0lvar aliv and real strong paladin kill all the dev farm aminal with light magic now we the nos rule .ape of the zoo king varian wrynn fukc the great deathwing and lay egg this egg hatch and cataclysm wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. nostalrius greattst servr
>>
>>137906863
>And that no MMO has topped Vanilla/TBC WoW
Did you not read this line?

I've tried hundreds of MMOs, none have the community or progression of Early WoW
>>
>>137906605

Better be pacient, as i said there is a chance that someone will pick up the shards of Nost and remake it.
>>
>>137906863
No current MMOs really capture the magic of old school MMOs they have all been watered down for pay for play and the masses
>>
>>137906791
>And that no MMO has topped Vanilla/TBC WoW

wotlk is better in basically every way
>>
>>137905725
>spent my whole life wishing I'd played vanilla
>finally decided to go for it on this amazing server
>hit 60, made tons of friends, found a solid raiding guild
>Didn't touch BWL much, but fully decked out in MC gear
>It's fucking over

I guess I experienced what I wanted to experience. But god damn this really bums me out. When was this announced?
>>
>>137906563
don't do it anon. remember the good times you had.
>>
>>137907137
>The expac that killed WoW
no
>>
>>137906920
I bet I'd have a better ms connecting to a brazil server than a french server.
>>
File: 1396705716226.png (2MB, 3500x4194px) Image search: [Google]
1396705716226.png
2MB, 3500x4194px
>hit level 60 after 8 days /played
>quit my accounting career so I can dedicate myself to gearing up an raiding
>this happens
>>
>>137907137
WotLk is when WoW started to die. You meant BC right?
>>
>>137906669
But it was. It's stock mangos.
>>
>>137907221
>implying that cata wasn't the expac that castrated wow
?? ? ? ????? ? ? ??
>>
File: 2016-04-07_9506369.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07_9506369.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
goodbye comrades. I was about to come back but i guess i'll stick to fishing simulator

https://youtu.be/_SoU4qzZlcw
>>
fuck guys
the past 2 months i've been using nost as some escapism time because my life is all fucked atm

i don't want to have to face that

guess i'll go play retail...
>>
>>137907221
honestly I liked both. WoTLK was better than what came after because you could still roam the old world and feel the magic of vanilla.
I will forever remember the questline for veregian's fist. It will always be more legendary than the ashbringer for me.
>>
File: 1440380208865.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440380208865.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>137906563
>Made a huge group of friends over the year from all over the world. All gone.
>not exchanging Steam or Skype with any of them to keep in touch
>>
>>137907094
i guess ill just play on kronos till something better comes along
>>
>>137907310

it was heavily modified mangos actually kiddo
>>
>>137907052
>none have the community or progression of Early WoW
>What is EverQuest
>What is Guild Wars
>What is FFXIV
>>
>be prime minister of european country
>play tons of Nost when not prepping the bull
>create a scandal which justified me ctepping down from my position to play more Nost
>this happens
JUST
>>
File: 1459451016984.png (266KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459451016984.png
266KB, 400x400px
>be playing with my mythic guild
>am one of the officers, recruit lots of people, a handful even stood long term and became core
>be there since wotlk, slowly progressed to becoming one of the pillars
>a guy that just got here a month ago, hasn't even got raider rank whispers me saying he has something of worth to ask me
>he says he's actually the officer of a heroic raiding guild and seeing how I perform I could give him some suggestion
>think to myself I'm gonna play along and pretend I'm interested in his pitiful guild
>say sure, give him the link to a post I made after editing it and fucking up rotation and gliphs
>the day after I log on
>he immediately whispers me screaming how he got kicked from the raid for doing sub par dps all because of my post
>tough luck kiddo
>whisper the GM of his guild, tell him how he's trying to jump ship to get into mine because he thinks you're lame
>he shits himself seeing my guild's name (top 5 worldwide)
>one minute later dumbo has been kicked out of his guild
>tell this in trade chat too adding some more details here and there to make sure no decent guild will ever add him again
>GM of his old guild even gives me his house address at my request
>tell this to Adam (GM of my guild) on Vent and we laugh it off
>he asks the retard to come on vent one day and invites him to our channel
>he's basically crying at this point asking me why I put all that effort into hurting him
>reveal to him that us elite mythic raiders are hardcore about everything we do
>proceed to swat him and his family 4 fun, dog got killed
>>
>>137907259

The ping from south brazil to US east is around 180ms. I suppose the return should be the same.
>>
>>137907348
>LK introduced LFR
>Loads of content cut due to "Time"
>Subs stagnated
>>
>>137907383
Not heavily modified enough to fix the default class bugs.
>>
>>>137906729
>>
>>137907454
>LK introduced LFR
0/10 see me after class. Even if it had introduced LFR there is literally nothing wrong with that
>>
File: 1317702560810.jpg (85KB, 403x278px) Image search: [Google]
1317702560810.jpg
85KB, 403x278px
So what is wrong with Kronos exactly?
>>
>>137907447
Oh weird. Im in Virginia and I got a consistent 150ms on nostalrius. Seems like brazil would be better but I guess not.
>>
>>137907221

There is a difference between "crippling desease" and killed.

Later wotlk was a desease. Cata was a growing cancer, WoD is full blown cancer + super aids.

We wait to see what legion will be, now...
>>
>>137907556
>LFR there is literally nothing wrong with that
kill yourself
>>
>>137906563
>Full T2/+BIS/ with enchants, 65 hours played
jej
>>
>>137906605
A fraction will actually buy Legion because they're dumb. Most will flock to other private servers. People like me are done with WoW and private servers.

I can only see myself playing Vanilla again when Blizzard launches official legacy servers 8 years from now.
>>
You guys are fags
>>
>>137907401
>Guild Wars
top kek
>>
>>137907221
>Had the highest number of players, more varied raid encounters, better pvp balance (and spec viability), good questlines and good soundtrack

the only downsides to wotlk are downsides from tbc as well: catchup meme dungeons to let casuals gear up later in the expac, no real pvp community outside of dedicated forums because of xrealm BGs, flying mounts ruining the open world pvp and excessive dailies

WoTLK made WoW better than it ever had been and introduced lots of good features, the talent trees were still good, added new and great skills, unlike TBC where many classes got garbage even as end point talents or skills that should have been baseline (and later were made so)

wotlk also cleared up most of the shit abilities from TBC and made them good
>>
>>137907686
>doesnt know what LFR really is

please, tell me. You're probably going to tell me that you get the best gear from LFR and that's all you need to do in this game
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-07+at+12.34.26).jpg (453KB, 1919x1078px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-07+at+12.34.26).jpg
453KB, 1919x1078px
;_;
>>
>>137907875
player pop peaked at 11 mill at cata launch senpai
i agree that wrath was best tho
>>
File: 1395794534072.png (836KB, 1950x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1395794534072.png
836KB, 1950x1453px
Some of you guys are alright.

Don't go to Blizzcon this November.
>>
This is the most depressed I've been in a long time. All that invested time. All those lvl 30-50 alts.

Like tears in the rain
>>
>>137907686
>players experiencing content they paid for is a bad thing
Literally kill yourself if you think LFR is a replacement for actual raiding.
>>
STEAM GROUP

>>
>>137907686
You're an idiot. Sub numbers were peak at the end of WotLK and the start of Cata. Logically, Cata was the beginning of WoW's end. Vanilla was okay. BC was better. WotLK was when WoW peaked.

The gear looked better.
The raids were better.
Leveling was better.
Death Knights were great.

I literally have 0 problems with WotLK. Vanilla and BC were a bit grindy, however.
>>
>>137907996
Peaked at the end of Wotlk actually and fell down quickly after Cata release.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040616_172950.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040616_172950.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
In the server's last moments, I got gud.

There's no guarantee that servers with the account/character data will ever be up again. I enjoyed lurking this general and wasting my time on Nost for 10 fucking months. I've met a couple of guys off here and they were always the less spergy ones. Now I've got a lot of video to edit.
>>
I went out and got something to eat with a friend but I came back and remembered what's happening and now I'm upset again.

This is going to happen for a few days I fear.
>>
>>137908150
how the fuck are you guys so misinformed? You do realize you actually have to form groups for raiding, right? Is there some propaganda school you privateserver fags go to where you learn this shit?

fuck idiot
>>
>>137908242
>137908242
The fuck you on about?
>>
File: 1395794219722.gif (1MB, 305x239px) Image search: [Google]
1395794219722.gif
1MB, 305x239px
So where are you faggots going to leave your toon when the server bites it?
I'm gonna watch it all end from the tent next to Nessingway so I can camp Stranglethorn one last time.
>>
>>137908168
The entire world apart from Dalaran and the Argent Tournament was completely dead in Wotlk.
>>
>>137907709

>8 years
>HotS was the blunder of the Mobas
>HS profit is slowing down cause all the cards released for over 1,5 years were shit.
>Diablo3 is an abandoned child starving
>SC2 wasnt the RTS breakthough they expected. (i mean, mobas killed the genre, and refer to my HotS point)
>Everyone on Overwatch beta opnion can be resumed as "the game is not bad, but i think i rather go back to TF2 and my hundreds of hats and guns than doing it all again)
>After the massive blunder that was WoD, unless Legion is the second coming of MMORPGs, WoW is dead for sure.

Blizz will get desperate much sooner.

If Legion is as much as a failure like WoD (which we should know by the end of this year), they will create legacy servers mid 2017.

Also, there is the implication that they might be hunting nost down to create their own server already.
>>
Some of you guys are alright, don't go to Blizzcon this year.
>>
>>137908323
>LFR = real raiding

you nostalcuck cunts are absolutely retarded if you think LFR in retail comes anywhere close to normal/heroic/mythic
>>
>>137908335
In the starting tomb in Deathknell. It ends where it all started
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040616_214913.jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040616_214913.jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
I had fun, farewell.
>>
File: 12345632621.gif (495KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
12345632621.gif
495KB, 500x223px
>>137908116

TEARS

IN

RAIN
>>
>>137908335

Taking my gnome to the dwarven starting area's building. That's where it began, that's where it will end.
>>
>>137908072
it would be fucking hilarious if someone actually massacred a bunch of nerds at blizzcon because they shut down Nost

10/10 would fund
>>
>>137908459
I agree! I sure love welfare gear!
>>
File: 1450539421321.jpg (45KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
1450539421321.jpg
45KB, 584x622px
>>137907014
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>>137908407
Your deluded perception != facts
>>
>>137908459
Thats literally what he said
>Literally kill yourself if you think LFR is a replacement for actual raiding.
>>
>>137908483
You were a good guy Lndi. thank you for kicking plumptrap
>>
>>137908335
Human warrior in Theramore. Defending it to the last.
>>
>>137908450

>implying i would go if blizz sent me a golden coated invitation.
>>
File: 6515414.gif (2MB, 356x257px) Image search: [Google]
6515414.gif
2MB, 356x257px
>>137908335
ERPing in Goldshire Inn
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090815_175445.jpg (448KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090815_175445.jpg
448KB, 1920x1080px
>>137908483
Goodbye Friends
>>
>>137908592
sorry, i've been up all night
>>
>>137908335

Partying it up with my fellow Trolls in Sen'jin Village.
>>
File: 1457210665802.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1457210665802.png
11KB, 420x420px
>yfw blizzcon is the site of the next big ISIS attack
>>
>>137908573
Honestly I would not be surprised if some cuck who invested all their time in Nost like FinalNoDad went berserk and killed some people.
>>
>>137907709
>>137908407
>nostalcucks being this much in denial

holy shit this is sad. It's time for you guys to quit wow entirely or go retail already
>>
>>137908465
you hit me hard..farewell
>>
>>137908843
>blizzard shills have finally arrived to triage the damage done
>>
>>137908756

Vanilla Akbar! Death to the retail!
>>
File: 1387148766199.jpg (24KB, 384x340px) Image search: [Google]
1387148766199.jpg
24KB, 384x340px
>>137908335
Wherever the GM's are honestly
Some of them are straight up cucks but I'm gonna thank them for the good times regardless.
>>
File: 1435051344543.png (85KB, 273x252px) Image search: [Google]
1435051344543.png
85KB, 273x252px
Just what you faggots deserve
>>
>a bootleg copy of a 10 year old game has more players than most f2p MMOs
>>
>>137908983
Never forget that a GM leaked the announcement early on /nosg/.

Never forget.
>>
>>137909241
It was probably just someone from IsVV, i doubt any real GMs were from nosg
>>
>>137909204
god thats sad. mmos really are dead, arent they?
>>
>>137909337
EVE and FFXIV are still going strong.
>>
>>137908918
not really, I really dont get why you cling to vanilla so much and it pisses me off when you try to spread lies about blizzard. Just try legion when it comes, anon. It looks good
>>
>>137909337
Its cyclical. They will come back soon enough
>>
>>137909337
ASSFAGGOTS took over.
>>
>>137909204
>a bottleg copy of a 10 year old game has more player than most bootleg copies of a 10 year old game

FTFY

>>137909337
Yes thanks to america business culture

>Lets hire experts from fields that are not related to video games who also have never touched a video game to tells us how we should make video games
>>
>>137909337
Blizzard killed them. They added features that are anethema to good MMO, but they are so convenient people wont live without it

>>137909386
>eve
>going strong

its dying hard m8.
>>
>>137909481
It does kind of seem like "hardcore" games are making a bit of a comeback recently. Maybe we'll get some ultima type shit soon, that'd be cool.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (23KB, 271x325px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
23KB, 271x325px
>>137908335
we should agree on somewhere lads
>>
>>137909337

People are investing all of their time into MOBAs now. MMOs ruled the 00s, but the 10s belong to the MOBAs.
>>
File: 1390428024574.gif (2MB, 229x206px) Image search: [Google]
1390428024574.gif
2MB, 229x206px
>>137909425
>it looks good
So did wod you dumbass shill
>>
>>137909603
>eve
>dying

still has an incredibly strong niche playerbase
>>
>>137908168
then play with /wpsg/ on ToD if you like wrath so much
>>
File: 4444444444.jpg (20KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
4444444444.jpg
20KB, 320x233px
Where's everyone migrating too?
>>
>>137905725
Was nost even making any money? I thought they didn't accept donations.
>>
>>137909675
>still has an incredibly strong niche moneylaunderers
>>
>>137909635
Wod on release was cool though. But hitting 100 and play for a week made you realize the game didn't have much to do. And patches after that didn't give a lot either.
>>
Where are the remembering videos? i expect people to be making videos about this. with friends and shit doing something for the end days.
>>
File: 1404867209297.png (44KB, 126x171px) Image search: [Google]
1404867209297.png
44KB, 126x171px
>>137909609
Everyone is just going to be where the GMs are raising hell.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got to fight C'thun because they'll be spawning it in the capitals or something.
>>
>>137909746
People are probably going to wait to see if anyone picks up the ashes. Been some talk of playTBC
>>
>>137909481
How the fuck would you know it's cyclical when we had at best just one cycle?
>>
>>137909746
praying that playtbh will be good
>>
>>137909746
I'm probably going to either play with /wpsg/ on that wrath server or find a decent TBC server.
>>
File: 1439615017812.jpg (57KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1439615017812.jpg
57KB, 454x453px
>mfw I was banned today for some reason
>can't see the end
well fine then ;-:
>>
reminder that playTBC administration are talking about moving their servers out of france
>>
>>137909386
eve is a chinese grindfest and ffxiv is for fucking weebs
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_123015_154328.jpg (494KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_123015_154328.jpg
494KB, 1920x1080px
Officially throwback Thursday #RIPNostalrius
>>
>>137886252
Starting a ~50 v 50 battle in Hillsbrad foothills by slaughtering all alliance in the yeti cave as a young level 35 warlock with friends two months after the server came up. Honorary mention to first full classic-style BRD clear since 2007, 8 hours of tanking and a hell of a nostalgia trip.

Blackwald/Mordrith here, it was fun guys. I've been gone for months due to life for the few of you who remember me, I literally came here to redownload the client when I saw the news.
>>
>>137909830
Because like >>137909608 said hardcore games are making a comeback
>>
File: 1458219998023.gif (896KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458219998023.gif
896KB, 700x600px
Tune in here for a live response from blizzard on twitch via user

YouThinkYouDoButYouDont
>>
File: 2016-04-03 13-27-01.jpg (44KB, 326x198px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-03 13-27-01.jpg
44KB, 326x198px
i was planning to play nost til dark souls 3 comes out

what will i do now?
>>
>>137909917
no one cares frogposter

kill yourself
>>
File: 1438389394129.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1438389394129.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>137906579
okay that can't be true.
>>
>>137909746
Hell.
>>
File: 1373476019170.jpg (34KB, 329x196px) Image search: [Google]
1373476019170.jpg
34KB, 329x196px
>>137909786
Same shit will happen with Legion.
You'll level your new demon hunter in less than a day and get bored because it'll be as homogenized as every other class past "WOAH DOUBLE JUMPING ISN'T THIS CLASS UNIQUE"
Class Halls are LITERALLY just garrisons with other players in them.
You'll still be forced to play Ashran for pvp gear.
There will still only be one Raid on release.
Every rep grind will be done through killing the same mobs over and over.
Blizzard will take another hot shit in your mouth, and you'll have coughed up 50 bucks for the pleasure.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeve.png (36KB, 1007x397px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeve.png
36KB, 1007x397px
>>137909675
yes, but so does wow. eve is undoubtedly going down
>>
File: peep.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
peep.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>137910030
woooowww so edgy!
>>
>>137906862
why dont you just pirate the movie, it's gonna suck anyway
>>
>>137910052
>You'll level your new demon hunter in less than a day and get bored because it'll be as homogenized as every other class past "WOAH DOUBLE JUMPING ISN'T THIS CLASS UNIQUE"
Same could be said about a lot of games, so WoW isn't a special case of having retards playing the game.
>>
>>137910052
I'm not poor so it's not a problem. You make it seem like 60 bucks is a lifesaving
>>
>>137910227
I'm glad you admit to being willing to pay 60 dollars to have someone take a shit in your mouth.
>>
>>137909746
i'm going back to my steam library

never again will i be rused by a private server
>>
>blizzard shills in FULL damage control
>>
>>137910341
that's just your hyperbole again, anon. Admit retail is good
>>
>>137910024
Im in the same boat waiting for dork souls.
>>
>>137910341
Your point is? Not the guy, but everyone doesn't have your taste in games. Someone probably would ask you the same thing why you pay money for shit game.
>>
>>137910227
>lol poor!

Jesus christ dude, stop with the strawmanning. I'm not unsubbed from wow because its not worth my money, I'm unsubbed from wow because playing it isnt worth my time. WoD is absolute dog shit, and legion is taking some of the worst aspects of WOD (pruning, garrisons, 2 raid tierslol). Why would anyone want to spend time playing that?
>>
>>137910341

i am thats why i play videogames in general
>>
>>137910460
stop asking retarded questions. Why would anyone still play vanilla?

I can do this too and make up a lot more shit about vanilla than you can with retail
>>
>>137907616
I has low pop and is generally crap. Worst server US/EU/rus/world
Dont come here
I mean, dont go there! Please!
>>
>>137910460
>garrisons
Garrisons won't be in legion other than in WoD as far as I know.
>>
>>137910447
>Your point is? Not the guy, but everyone doesn't have your taste in games. Someone probably would ask you the same thing why you pay money for shit game.
except it wouldnt be the same as he has arguments like the game being too short, incomplete and shitty as classes are homogenized
>>
>>137910009
Where? All new games I've played have hand holding, teleporting and all that shit out the ass.
>>
>>137910591
No we'll have class halls instead, lmao
>>
>>137910591

class halls are non-instanced garrisons
>>
File: time well spent.jpg (1MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
time well spent.jpg
1MB, 1920x2160px
How much time did you sink into Nostalrius?
>>
>>137910591
Class Halls will function as Garrisons.
It's literally the same shit but other players will be there so Blizzard can say they 'fixed' it.
>>
>>137910591
>doesnt realize class halls are just garrisons 2.0

loling @ you

>>137910560
>why would anyone play vanilla
Because it is still an actual social MMO, and that makes it better than retail despite all the actual gameplay improvements retail has made in the last 9 years
>>
>>137909746
probably another game

i never actually put that much time into the game
my highest lvl character was a lvl 28 shaman and a whole lot of alts

most of the time was probably spent on leveling my fishing and cooking
>>
File: 1453169888726.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1453169888726.png
57KB, 600x434px
>it's all over
>>
>>137910670
>Because it is still an actual social MMO

buzzword
>>
>>137910663
i want to go to hyjal ;_;
>>
>>137910460
What is pruning?
>>
>>137910435
>admit
no thanks im not a liar
>>
File: 23492428492342234.jpg (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
23492428492342234.jpg
756KB, 1920x1080px
pics from the sodium canines
>>
>>137908168
WoTLK was good for sure, but it still did some things worse than its predecessors. The further you get from vanilla the less world pvp and the more class homogeneity, two things that were very important to me
>>
>class halls are garrisons meme
yeah, like acherus is a garrison
>>
>>137910785
Are you still salty?
>>
>>137910716
nice argument anon
>>
>>137910665
So Ironforge in vanilla wow was a garrison too? That sounds more just like a meeting hub. But I'm probably wrong.
>>
Remember goyim to buy Legion releasing in Q4 2016. No content drought this time :^)
>>
File: orderhallresources.png (6KB, 350x110px) Image search: [Google]
orderhallresources.png
6KB, 350x110px
>>137910716
Thats not a buzzword at all you actual retard

>>137910591
:^)

>>137910775
Removal of abilities. Many classes in Legion have less abilities than classes had in vanilla. Many classes have periods of ~40 levels where they dont learn a single new ability or talent.
>>
>>137910716
>buzzword
buzzword
>>
>>137910775
Classes having skills taken away because they're 'anti-fun.'
It's why every class feels the fucking same in retail now.
I've never been as angry as I was when they removed Symbiosis pre-WoD.
>>
>>137910835
Well no

my whole goal on being on nostalrius was to relive the memories i had when i was playing wow and I did that. I am really happy i got to enjoy it with those guys and they were pretty cool imop familia
>>
>>137910881
yeah, as if vanilla isn't just a contentless game. What the fuck else do you do but raiding? Everyone who played vanilla already played it. Dont tell me you fags are wrathbabbies turned hipsters and think vanilla is oh so great?
>>
i rarely post on here but i just wanted to say that i REALLY loved lurking in here and seeing all of the memes / drama you guys would create. God bless you all, i'm going to wait until another server comes out and hopefully we will all meet there again. Good crafting, my friends.

Rip my main, along with 20k+ worth of gold / items.

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/PlayerOverview.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Kuroyu
>>
>>137910929
In and of itself I don't think pruning is some great evil. Hunters in MoP in particular suffered from ability bloat. The key problem is they remove iconic and fun abilities like overpower and replace them with fucking nothing.
>>
I ran into this group of people suicide walking to Thunder Bluff and some ally joined in. Good way to end for us. You guys doing anything to remember the good times? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf7K-rEh758
>>
>>137910879
You are.
Class Halls will have followers, follower missions, and resources just like Garrisons,.
The only difference is that there will be other (5-10) players around now instead of souless NPC guards.
Whoop de fucking do.
>>
>>137911015
>guys the 12k players you've seen on Nostalrius daily weren't actually there!
At least wait a month before starting your misinformation campaign
>>
>>137911080
It's at least an improvement. Garrison in WoD made the game really fucking lonely.
>>
File: 1416357624246.jpg (27KB, 462x353px) Image search: [Google]
1416357624246.jpg
27KB, 462x353px
Since it's now official that blizzardcucks will actively close private servers, I'm afraid to invest time on any of them...

FUCK YOU
FUCK
FU
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK
>>
>>137911058

So long and thanks for all the fish.

What I want to know is why nobody can make another MMO like classic Wow with either A. Going full F2P Jew to win, or B. turn it into modern wow themepark shit.

Take for example Archeage. There was potential but then trion went full Jew.
>>
>>137911138
>12k players

am I supposed to be impressed?
>>
>>137910929

I remember what was I think their first big ability prune, when Hunters lost Eyes of the Beast.

Such a simple ability, didn't give any real advantage or anything, just fun to fuck around with and run around as your pet instead for a change.

Removed. Because classes were becoming too "bloated" with abilities. This was also around the time that a Fury warrior rotation could be done with 4 buttons, literally playable on a console if they wanted to take it that direction.

I just can't believe that there are people still working at ATVI who think they're still putting out a quality product.
>>
>>137911015
You didn't blow threw vanilla content in a couple of months and leveling a new character was actually fun and not seen as a chore that should be dealt with as quickly as possible
>>
>>137911157
No it isn't.
They removed the invasions that were at least interesting, and would have been even better with ACTUAL PLAYERS.
They should have scrapped the fucking thing entirely, but it's a Facebook-game style skinnerbox that keeps players logging in for rewards.
>>
>>137911180
Interesting enough the only MMO i've had fun playing that wasn't WoW was a Trion game but wasn't Archeage
>>
>>137911230
>content in a couple of months

only because it was a new game

>actually fun and not seen as a chore

lel.

Btw, I played vanilla. I raided everything except naxx. Rank 10 in pvp. I think I know what I'm talking about

It's time to move on
>>
>>137911275
I know that the game has problem. I still enjoy it though, even if it's considered shit taste.
>>
>>137911335

Was that Rift before Trion went full Jew?
>>
>>137911180
Because dev companies are generally run by people who don't give a shit, but see what other games can get away with ($30 armor) and try it themselves.
>>
File: 11.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Rest in peace you beautiful bastards. Lots of good times were had.
>>
>>137911339
You do realize Nost was a progression server and was going to be in TBC sometime in 2017?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>137911218
>4 buttons

you are now aware thats the standard for non cooldowns on every class.

you are now aware that DPS demon hunters have a literal 3 button rotation, with a talent option to reduce it down to 2 (one of which has a 45 second CD)

You are now aware that DPS demon hunters have less than 20 buttons to press total, if they opt for every active talent
>>
File: 1381411548929.jpg (155KB, 354x316px) Image search: [Google]
1381411548929.jpg
155KB, 354x316px
>>137910024
>>137910440
>Start playing Nostalrius as a way to kill time until Dark Souls 3 is released
>End up having so much fun with nost that I was ready to pass on buying DS3
>This happens
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040716_072528.jpg (394KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040716_072528.jpg
394KB, 1280x1024px
Oh shit I'm feeling it
>>
>>137911339

My man, you need to literally, and I mean this with no memes or jokes intended, literally kill yourself.
>>
>>137911445
so it would inevitably be a shit game according to you guys. lel, just lel. Thanks for telling me
>>
>>137911417
Good on you.
Most of us have nothing again retail or it's players- we recognize it's a different game and it's no longer for us.
Now if only Blizzard could let us enjoy the game we love instead of trying to pigeonhole us into playing what it is now.
>>
>>137911470
I miss you Pulsar
t. Asscobra
>>
File: ghostcrawler-crab-smaller.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ghostcrawler-crab-smaller.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>137911446

pls stop ;_;
>>
>>137911559
Can't play it with this computer though. So I have to wait until I move home. Nostalrius was the only mmo private server I could play.
>>
File: vidyaackbar.png (11KB, 259x294px) Image search: [Google]
vidyaackbar.png
11KB, 259x294px
>>137911559
>most of us have nothing against retail or its players

speak for your fucking self. Every single person still playing retail is supporting and encouraging the kind of design decisions that not only ruined a great game, but an entire genre.
>>
>>137911449
See you in game, friend. Now that I think about it, because of the weird release schedule of das3 theres gonna be a shit ton of twinks ready to go once it launches in NA, it'll be a bit like leveling on the pvp server. So that might be fun.
>>
>>137911418
Yes, it had a shitload of potential but they fucked up bad somehow
>>
>>137911576

I just couldn't enjoy wotlk, it was all new to me, and going from 12k to 200 pop wasn't something I could handle. Maybe on corecraft family, if we refuse to grow up by then
>>
>>137911645
I feel you, my raid group had to go make coffee whenever we did SoO because it took my toaster so long to load in.
I'm upgrading now that I've got the dosh, but no way in Hell I'm going back to retail. My raid guild disbanded and came to Nost with me, don't know where we're going now.
>>
>>137911070
fuck man. all this time wasted. is it wasted though if i had fun on the journey?
>>
>>137911443
>ereka quits guild to raid bwl again
>misses out on the last week of DiF
>misses out of DiF's last 3 raids, Ony, MC, ZG
Do you regret it?
>>
File: 1400968168594.png (155KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1400968168594.png
155KB, 800x800px
>mfw all those chinks with no idea what's happening suddenly can't login
>>
>>137911758

I tell you what happened. Trion took the Free to Play Route but instead of learning from what other companies were doing at the time. They just went full retard and then took away everything that made rift fun so people would pay.

Honestly it's basically gone the way of Perfect World Entertainment and that's a damn shame.
>>
>>137911802
How the fuck can I trust Corecraft at this point. If it gets too big or popular it will incur the wrath of blizzard all the same.

I know Sweden != France but still, what's to stop them from threatening a couple Swedes with a lawsuit?
>>
All right all right, you guys are obviously stubborn. But let me ask you this, what would it take for you to return to retail?
>>
>>137911758

RIFT was a lot of fun. Easily the most fun I've had in an MMO since WoW, especially the PvP that wasn't the absolute slugfest 10minute 1v1 that WoW PvP had become by that same point in time.

Really, at least when it was first implemented, I didn't feel like the ingame store was that harmful. You still needed to work for the best stuff, though I haven't been on it in well over a year so not sure how it is these days.
>>
>>137910663
Top has nice UI, you ally scum
>>
>>137911917
Didn't Trion fuck up Aion Online too?

Those motherfuckers.
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers
>>
>>137911861
can they get revenge on blizzard?
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers.
>>
>>137911969

Legacy servers for every expansion.
>>
>>137911802
You should try Playtbc then. Pretty sure most of the boyz are gonna roll just to check it out and we'd love to have our favorite Serb around again.
>>
>>137911969

Legacy servers.
>>
I think there's a GM in TB right now
>>
Anyone got a side account they don't use that I can login with for the end days?

The server won't recognize my account because I haven't been on since November, and the only way to fix it is by password reset, but the site services are down (permanently I guess). I would like to revisit the world one last time and witness the reckoning with my fellow champions.
>>
>>137911969
legacy servers with absolutely no "quality of life" improvements like level 60 boosts.

That's my biggest fear of an official vanilla server, the bullshit blizzard will do to it to squeeze more money out
>>
>>137912094
https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/4d0uss/reviewing_the_playtbc_beta_experience/
Playtbc looks like shit.
>>
>>137911975
The class system was incredibly fun and actually unique as were the Rifts
>>
>>137911969
legacy servers
>>
>>137912107
>>137912083
>>137912065
>>137912060
>>137912165

except that
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers, no bullshit.
>>
>>137912206
nothing. only legacy server
>>
>>137911969
Legacy servers for all expansions and they ability to transfer a character forward (so that guilds can move progressively through Vanilla -> BC -> WOTLK, etc).
>>
>>137912206
make levelling not shit again
so
legacy servers
>>
it was fun guys. i'll miss you
>>
So we're all going to project 1999 right?

please say yes
>>
>>137912206
an expansion that has more than two patches and an active community
>>
>>137912206
nothing else
>>
Please convince me not to play on playtbc next week

I dont think i can stop myself
>>
>>137912206
Every single Blizzard employee to commit ritual suicide at Blizzcon this year and hand development over to people who actually play video games and don't bend over backwards for SJW crocodile tears.
They'll probably implement legacy servers because it's the smart thing to do.
>>
>>137912331

Excalibur is still alive
>>
>everquest next cancelled
>nost shut down
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM

>>
File: stands alot.png (2MB, 985x775px) Image search: [Google]
stands alot.png
2MB, 985x775px
>>137909746
Gonna stop playing all togheter
Nost shutting down couldn't have come at a better time in my life
I'm glad for my own sake but sad for everyone else.
>>
>>137912413
holy shit you anti blizz shills are annoying. It's not as if the capital is now in draenor. Nope not at all
>>
>>137912413
LOL
>>
>>137912160
Post your email.
>>
>>137911758
>Yes, it had a shitload of potential but they fucked up bad somehow
I absolutely loved Rift, the interior decorating was amazing, and the PvP was pretty good too, before they started jewing everyone with boxes and whatnot. I heard they developed some kind of a quadruple-dipping system where it's sub, p2w boxes, gambling shit, boosts, etc.

Which is a great shame since almost all the game systems in it were really good, except possibly exploration, the world felt a bit too themepark-like for my tastes.
>>
>>137911969
I'd happily pay for some kind of legacy server that progressed through the expacs.

To get back to current wow? They'd have to

>remove lfd/lfr
>remove all raid modes but myhic
>put in seperate 10m raids for the casuals
>unprune, every class needs between 50% and 100% more abilities than they have in legion
>bring back hybrid specs
>make classes unique in terms of what they bring (unique and powerful buffs/debuffs, even if it means the class does less dps)
>remove all trace of garrisons
>remove all trace of welfare legendaries, put vanilla style legendaries back in
>somehow correct the massive server imbalance. Should be many balanced medium-high pop servers, not 10 huge megaservers with 99/1 faction balances and a bunch of ghost towns
>manage faction/server transfers so that balance doesnt get fucked
>remove flying except where its needed
>>
File: 1436472903406.gif (1MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1436472903406.gif
1MB, 390x293px
>>137912287
Yes
>>
>>137912521
b3504349@trbvn dot com
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040616_223829.jpg (646KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040616_223829.jpg
646KB, 1920x1080px
I'm in the den of dogs.
>>
>>137912206

Oh. There's literally nothing else. There's nothing left of the Blizzard that gave us games like Brood War, WCIII, Lord of Destruction, WoW, and WoW: TBC. It's a skeleton crew devoid of any real talent whose sole purpose is to churn out maximum profit with minimum effort, the real Activision treatment.

>>137912176

I loved the class system. To have actual diversity in how you played was just so refreshing after how idiot-proof WoW had become. 9 full talent trees, and you choose any 3 at a time? Just great stuff. And rifts really helped break up the monotony of leveling.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8
>>
>>137911802
Miss you too, Pulsar, most fun Hordie on the server.
t. Ryvout

Hope to see you on PlayTBC if you decide to give that a try.
>>
So most of you will migrate to playtbc?
>>
>tfw blizzard just has to go to WoWg to see where they went wrong
>they never will
>>
Wow you guys are incredibly spiteful and stubborn. You are truly lost. It's time to quit wow, guys. Either you move with the times or the times move you, and guess what, the times did move you as your home is being closed for illegal activities. I guess that's it then, end your MMO life
>>
File: 1435829060667.jpg (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1435829060667.jpg
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>137912559
I loved Rift at launch too. Felt like a genuine successor to the BC style of MMO.

At this point I feel like we've got 3 different types of MMOs. Sandbox - Themepark - and what I'm going to call Lobby. Games like WoD and Skyforge where the world is essentially an elaborate lobby in which you queue up for various minigames.
>>
File: emperormetzen.jpg (25KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
emperormetzen.jpg
25KB, 300x382px
>>137905725
RIP Nost, the Blizzjews shekel machine is running low.
>>
Why did Blizz kill Nostalrius? Do they really believe that killing Nostalrius will get them more Legion subs?
>>
>>137912413

lol that laugh is contagious
>>
>>137912832

If I wanted to play a themepark MMO I would play FFXIV.

But what I and a lot of other people want is the classic/bc Experience which is actually closer to a Sandbox experience.
>>
File: dr-Kotick-evil.jpg (88KB, 650x483px) Image search: [Google]
dr-Kotick-evil.jpg
88KB, 650x483px
>>137912883

The nose knows.
>>
>>137912797
probably kronos
>>
>Re: Nostalrius Final Days
>by joyce1331 » 2016-04-06 / 9:07 pm

>Bad news, dear GM ,for the next days, can u opened the be banned accounts?

Kek, they just don't stop.
>>
File: still-alive.jpg (68KB, 482x193px) Image search: [Google]
still-alive.jpg
68KB, 482x193px
>>137912509
Fresh from retail.
>>
>>137913008
>classic
>not themepark

lmao LMAO
>>
I assume all those shit ass garbage servers are still up though
>>
>>137913061
I can post one that shows the opposite. Stop being childish you fucking idiot
>>
>>137913201
Then post it.
>>
>>137912649
>>
>I loved the class system. To have actual diversity in how you played was just so refreshing after how idiot-proof WoW had become. 9 full talent trees, and you choose any 3 at a time?
I really liked being able to switch builds on the same character that had vastly different uses. I remember having a Pyrochon and Dominator for PvP, and Warlock and Pyro for full DPS PvE (I liked Warlock better but IIRC Pyro became better DPS after some patch). All with different looking outfits and roles, but all on the same character.

And I just recently found out that people have been praising my dimensions after I left, which was a pretty nice ego boost, even though they went under the radar while I was still playing.

>>137912852
>and what I'm going to call Lobby. Games like WoD and Skyforge where the world is essentially an elaborate lobby in which you queue up for various minigames.
That's a great way to describe them, yes. It's a natural evolution of the themepark concept though.
>>
File: flabbergasted.jpg (41KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
flabbergasted.jpg
41KB, 645x484px
>>137912976
It figuratively like if a rival cable company van pulls up to your house, breaks your dish/line, does a few donuts on your lawn, then asks you to pay up for their service.

>mfw people will actually sub back to wow
>>
File: wodpop.jpg (21KB, 439x133px) Image search: [Google]
wodpop.jpg
21KB, 439x133px
>>137913061
Holy shit, anon. I didn't believe you, so I had to check. The results are horrifying.
>>
>>137913319

>What is Comcast
>>
File: 1456377906615.png (20KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1456377906615.png
20KB, 474x473px
I will miss you, guys.
>>
>>137911508

Cant you understand that many people here didnt got to play vanilla properly (Were just kids, unable to raid or pvp properly), or actually didnt play vanilla, or played properly and loved It deeply, and want to fell like you claimed to be(beat every raid + top pvp player?

My objective in this game wasnt grind wildly till i get the undisputed bis, if i got to finish every raid once i would be happy as fuck, and would consider the game "beaten"

Is It hard to accept that not everyone can play the game on release and want to experience all the good stuff from this old game?
>>
are we all going to /wpsg/ now?
>>
>>137913285
>It's a natural evolution of the themepark concept though.
I agree, that's why a careful balance has to maintained. Retail's leveling experience is interesting because it's just an exercise in going through the motions. Since there's no challenge to it and it really doesn't even take that much time they might as well start you out at level 90. And why have all these zones if there's nothing in them once you're done leveling?

Skyforge, while a terrible game, is exactly where this mindset has gotten us. What world? What quests? Why interact with other players outside of instanced content? In fact, let's just do nothing but instanced content. That seems to be the only thing people care about anyway.
>>
>>137913437
everyone will either jump to Kronos or there'll be a new major vanilla server in a few years and we'll do this again, anon
>>
Where do I go from here? PlayTBC seems cool but according to their site they have instant 60s?
Kronos?
>>
File: Feelsbadman.png (902KB, 804x696px) Image search: [Google]
Feelsbadman.png
902KB, 804x696px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ergcxC1tcAE

What are you feeling to, lads?
>>
>>137913485
No, /nosg/ has been free from the shills and autism in /wpsg/. /wpsg/ is probably going to die anyway too
>>
Ive been crying for a good bit of today. Guess that makes me a pussy but I will miss this community so much.

It was great to get to play vanilla wow for a short time again. My horde guild wants to go to retail but i know our guild dreams of seeing Nax are dead.

I really hope to see you all again on kronos or on another vanilla server it sucks that this happened all those friends. fuck you blizzard
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040716_065343.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040716_065343.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
We started /yelling bye, bye, mister froggie WoW guys
Played my Ally just to 47 'cause 60's too high
Them good ole boys were ganking chinkies 'n /sigh
And yellin' this'll be the day that Nost dies
This'll be the day that Nost dies

Apparently some people will be raiding Orgrimmar soon
>>
>>137913603

Fuck off Onfire. You're not welcome in our end-of-days feelings.
>>
>>137913319
More like:
>find basketball with your friends
>start playing basketball because why not?
>suddenly owner of the ball shows up
>"HEY THAT'S MY BALL GIVE IT BACK!"
>kid takes the ball and sits down with it behind his back
>"Can we at least give you a couple bucks so we can use the basketball again?"
>"NO! You think you want it but you don't. You can play with these bowling balls if you pay for them though."
>"But we just want the baske-"
>"YOU THINK YOU DO BUT YOU DON'T!"
>>
>>137913603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vzkB8fScIY
>>
Hahahahah
I'm laughing so hard right now
HAHAHAHAHA
Nostalcucks Absolutely and utterly BTFO
Time to pack up and back to r eddit boys
Hahahaha
Hahaha
>>
>>137913557
probably kronos. it's sketchy as fuck but at least it works. playtbc is allegedly buggy as shit
>>
>>137913740
t. Pickles
>>
File: done.webm (758KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
done.webm
758KB, 640x360px
>>137913529
>in a few years
I'm 29 fucking years old and I'm already pathetic enough. If the biggest thing I have to look forward to for the next several years is another fucking broken vanilla server then I might as well just get off now.
>>
>>137913604

But i didnt get to play It. I started literaly 3 weeks ago, and was lvl 22. If i had more time, if the server hit naxrasmas, i would accept the death of It much better than now

That is another problem. There will ALWAYS be that guy Who want to join the late train. Why shouldnt he have the same chance as you and me?
>>
Don't go to Kronos yet. Just wait and see if anyone picks up where the Frogs left off. We will probably know within 2 weeks
>>
>>137913693
Yeah, that's much more accurate.
>>
File: 1355858316962.gif (383KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1355858316962.gif
383KB, 160x120px
>tfw you just hit 60 a few days ago
>>
>>137913862
it's a 12 year old game. I dont care if you're that guy who is late to the train, you're 12 fucking years too late
>>
>>137913886
I don't know if I can wait 2 weeks. I have literally nothing to do.
>>
List of things taken too soon:
1) Dawngate
2) Cubeworld
3) Dawngate
4) Nostalrius
5) Dawngate________
>>
>>137913285
>That's a great way to describe them, yes. It's a natural evolution of the themepark concept though.
No it isnt . It stops being a themepark mmo and it starts being a game on its own right which is essentially whatever genre killing big bosses which a bunch of other people is

its essentially playing that w3 custom map impossible bosses over and over again

Its like a 1 ride park
>>
>>137913886
Can't wait for someone to break the encryption on the account database and steal my account password.
>>
>>137913995
to be fair, that was going to happen anyway
>>
>>137913653
>Ive been crying for a good bit of today
Same. Shit sucks.
>>
Blactivision: Ruining World of Warcraft since 2009

F
>>
>>137913802
people who commit suicide are sub-humans undeserving of any sorrow or sympathy so if you're gonna do it just do it anon, but know that you'd be a pathetic cuck
>>
>>137913679
Dindu nuffin
>>
>>137913886
I know nothing about the process but I severely doubt any group can organize and set up a server that can host a fraction of nost's population in 2 weeks. Even with all the code.
>>
>>137913970

EQN

Actually SOE In general is pretty much fucked.
>>
File: 1393064867537.jpg (43KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
1393064867537.jpg
43KB, 527x612px
>>137913603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LY3ftiLqmE
>>
>>137913512
I like how Guild Wars 2 did its level scaling thing to make lower level zones viable for anyone but then there was still nothing to do
What a fucking blunder that was
>>
>>137914096
I didnt say the server would be set up in 2 weeks. I said we would know If someone was going to do it
>>
File: Blackrock_Depths_bosses.jpg (730KB, 2315x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Blackrock_Depths_bosses.jpg
730KB, 2315x1000px
>>137913603

feeling to this breh... this is my favorite ''sad' song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dsh9M6qnhE&nohtml5=False
>>
File: nosg guild bank code.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
nosg guild bank code.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>137913995
>>
File: WoW 2016-04-07 00-11-14-86.jpg (293KB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WoW 2016-04-07 00-11-14-86.jpg
293KB, 1776x1000px
Rip the dream boys im fucking crying irl this blows dick
>>
A Kronos thread was already made
(by nost players) and a refugee guild has started
>>
Kronoscuck here.
I went through the trouble of leveling two characters on kronos waiting for the death of nostalrius, but now that it finally happened, it's too late.
Everyone is just going to roll on playtbc instead.

Fuck all of you, I hate you.
>>
>>137914096
Stop overcomplicating things. We have seen their server costs. They're not that high, nor is there anything special with their server.
>>
File: 1453147996344.gif (1MB, 186x238px) Image search: [Google]
1453147996344.gif
1MB, 186x238px
>mfw this patethic shitstain of an excuse of private server is shutting down
>>
>>137913990
>Its like a 1 ride park
It's actually more like an arcade. Which was a natural evolution of the theme park.
>>
File: 12344544.jpg (208KB, 1910x1074px) Image search: [Google]
12344544.jpg
208KB, 1910x1074px
>>137913603
>>137913603

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4EPWD7A87A
>>
>>137905725
I don't even have words to describe how sad I am bout this, this what it for alot of us. This was retial vanilla all over again something fun and exciting to the glory days of spending 6 hours farming mats for shining silver breastplate cause you were gonna use it till lvl 50. I just wish Blizz would make a better game instead of crushing its competition with money. I will miss you all. It was fun.
>>
>>137913990
>whatever genre killing big bosses which a bunch of other people is

I usually hear those referred to as "hunting games"
>>
File: Desrow.jpg (83KB, 444x528px) Image search: [Google]
Desrow.jpg
83KB, 444x528px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEfqj9pDAI
>>
>>137914271
just move to Kronos, it's the same shit
>>
This song always reminds me of a dungeon, but in this cast it's my last dungeon, and i kill myself at the end.

https://youtu.be/L7lNYx4iCkU
>>
>>137914536
what if Kronos is next?
>>
>>137914404
An arcade with only 1 machine
>>
>>137914536
Similar*
I-it will never be the same...
>>
File: 1459778598153.png (1MB, 1452x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1459778598153.png
1MB, 1452x2000px
>>137914602
then we're fucked, anon
>>
>yfw Kronos picks up the character info and all the kronoscucks are permanently btfo
>>
POST PICS OF THE JOURNEY

http://imgur.com/a/Vjkbk
>>
>>137914684
desu I would go on kronos but the nostalrius case is unprecedented.

Basically now blizzard is saying that they will actively try to fuck shit up, and I'm not wasting my time again...
>>
File: maxresunique.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresunique.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>you might walk through the dark portal again one day, but you will never do it on nost
>tfw
>>
>>137914494
I was fucking crushed when I got home and checked nosg

really shitty day desu
>>
>>137914741
i was gonna but then i saw you played a female character now i don't wanna
>>
>>137914779
>implying it was blizzard
Nost devs ran with the chink goldfarmer money because they didn't have the skill to script AQ
>>
>>137914859
Blizzard can't into male anims
>>
File: 1453689865656.jpg (23KB, 260x262px) Image search: [Google]
1453689865656.jpg
23KB, 260x262px
>Download player data
>All of it is china bots
>I was the only actual player on the server
>>
I hope we have a magical last hour in Nost on the 10th guys. Should we arrange to do something? Raid a city? Group picture? Something to remember the good times with.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6sDCDXLkrY

Thought you guys might appreciate it.
>>
Who's rerolling on kronos here? Thinking of going ally but if you all go horde I'll come with.
>>
>>137914991
Polls seem to say we were going Horde
>>
File: tfw.jpg (220KB, 1139x728px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
220KB, 1139x728px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhdHwphvhxU
>>
File: 1439957670879.jpg (24KB, 243x337px) Image search: [Google]
1439957670879.jpg
24KB, 243x337px
>try to login to watch the end
>no matter what I do, always get 'Disconnect from Server' after it authenticates
>have reset realm list, deleted WDB and WTF files
what the fuck do i do mates
i just want to say goodbye
>>
Why, man? Blizz has never done anything like this before, so why Nost? Why not one of those shitpile servers that barely works? Why did they have to kill WoW again?
>>
Haha nostcucks, instead of fighting back and giving blizzard shit on social media they just sit here and cry about it hahaha I'm having so muck fun right now
>more than 12k people crying in cuck despair
Hahaha you fucking numales are comedy gold
>>
>>137914975
A group photo on the 9th and 10th. Make a /nosg/ yearbook
>>
>>137915028
Polls? What polls?
>>
>>137915028
but horde doesn't have waifus
>>
>>137914987
This is how I imagined wow to end back in the days.
>>
>>137915106
>trying to bait people in this situation with such an obvious post
men i like shitposting but you are just embarrassing yourself
>>
>>137915070
The same thing happened to me, I ended up resetting my password and it worked fine.
>>
the wow subreddit is having an AMA with some nost devs tomorrow, if anyone gives a fuck. not sure if a /nosg/ will be around then and i don't trust /wpsg/ to be anything but useless.
>>
>>137915225
How do i do
>>
>>137915261
I think there's two different Nostalrius subreddits. Do you know which one they'll be on?
>>
>>137914793
I had my character planned well in advance for this very moment. I even looked up BC armor sets and made sure my hair color coordinated. Fuck me
>>
>>137915106

What are we going to bitch about? Even if it was a dick move we have to admit that Blizzard had every legal right to tell Nostalrius to fuck off. Plus every time someone asks for a legacy server they just get told "you think you want it but you don't".
>>
>>137915261
Youd really think the wow leddit would be controlled by Blizz. Im surprised they're having that
>>
>>137914991
Gonna roll holy priest (HORDE) when i get home
>>
>>137915356
/r/wow, not a Nost subreddit
it's a big enough deal that even retailfags are pissed
>>
>>137915282
You can do it on the nostalrius website if its still up
>>
>>137915082
It probably isn't, but it COULD be prepping for blizz opening legacy server(s), perhaps announced at E3.
But likely it's due to nost getting far too big, retail subs continuing to drop, and blizz not wanting to look bad as the gay movie nears and legion gets closer - as in it's eyes the more people enjoying vanilla means the current game is shit.
>>
>>137915082
>blizz never done this before
They did several times since 2009 starting with qgaming, how new r u?
What I don't understand is why blizztard has such a hardon for vanilla/tbc private servers, while molten wow never got shit from blizzard. Either way, this looks like a false flag and it would be very easy to just host the server in russia where blizzard or the US law have no power
>>
>>137915469
Most retailfags are done with blizzard and I imagine for some of them this is the end of the line
>>
Whatever you do, don't go on the wow general discussion forum. It's filled with the most cancerous people I've ever witnessed.
>>
Serious question: do the sociopaths at Blizzard actually want other people to kill themselves or have a miserable life or what?
>>
File: 1415150280791.jpg (120KB, 835x702px) Image search: [Google]
1415150280791.jpg
120KB, 835x702px
>>137913970
>Dawngate
low blow
>>
>>137915414
Normally big subreddits like these are just controlled by whatever random guy made it when reddit was new, but they sometimes work closely with the developers. This is the case with the hearthstone and league of legends subreddits. Both of which are more popular than their official forums.

Stickying this story would be very odd if they were though. I imagine Blizzard isn't happy about it although I'd be shocked if they actually came out with a press statement explaining their reasoning.

And secretly I'm hoping for a legacy server announcement.
>>
File: 1244867709297.jpg (38KB, 310x238px) Image search: [Google]
1244867709297.jpg
38KB, 310x238px
>>137915490
https://en.nostalrius.org/password
time to make a new account i guess
>>
>>137915661
I could have told you that ten years ago.
>>
File: 1391616138390.jpg (67KB, 599x326px) Image search: [Google]
1391616138390.jpg
67KB, 599x326px
Why not wait a couple weeks maybe months to see what nostlike servers pop up or if Blizz starts hammering other servers too instead of immediately rerolling on Kronos or PlayTBC . Stay here, stay in the steam group just play other vidya or some shit until the dust settles
>>
>>137915414
I'm not an expert tho i do browse that subreddit from time to time (mainly the pvp one however) and i tend to notice some slight to mild disagreements between the subreddit mods from time to time. I feel like this was one of those times.

From reading their thread on this, it's sort of surprising to see how much more cucked the mmochamp forums are compared to reddit. I would have thought both would have the same levels of faggotry but a lot of the reddit thread surprised me.
But also reading through 500 posts of some random buttfuck "this is my take on this" gets really fucking old. I really can't stand forums.
>>
>>137915539
>It probably isn't, but it COULD be prepping for blizz opening legacy server(s), perhaps announced at E3.
I'd rather it was just them scrambling to save face than this. I cant even imagine the kind of spiteful shit and p2w garbage those cunts would put on a legacy server.
>>
Steam group is still up

>>
is tucky still around?
>>
See you later space cowboys
>>
>>137915362
SJW tactics are powerful you idiot. Creating a huge backslash on twitter with some shitty hashtag #legionwithoutme will bring them under very high pressure and they would have no choice but to rest the law case. If only half if the playerbase would do it and make it to a top trend it would already do the trick. It's really fucking simple and guaranteed to work
>>
>>137915878
At worst they put in barbershops. Gold selling and black market would kill this niche faster than anything.
>>
Hey Freshnewmeme

You stop that.
>>
>>137915749
>And secretly I'm hoping for a legacy server announcement.

>announce legacy servers at blizzcon opening day
>hype is astronomical
>sales of various forms of basement food and energy drinks through the roof
>millions of reformed NEET autists quit whatever job they managed to barely scrape by at and move back into their parents basements to enjoy the coming fun

>second day of blizzcon
>we are doing even better than legacy servers...we've fixed all of vanillas problems!
>come enjoy vanilla with the convenience of LFG and daily quests!
>Think finding that 40m group for MC is too much work? LFR for every raid!
>mass suicides
>>
>>137915362
>we have to admit that Blizzard had every legal right to tell Nostalrius to fuck off.
Ok, cite the relevant precedents.
>>
File: animegirl.jpg (532KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
animegirl.jpg
532KB, 1920x1080px
>>137915930
Im here......
>>
>>137915878
>I cant even imagine the kind of spiteful shit and p2w garbage those cunts would put on a legacy server
You're probably right, unfortunately. To be honest I could be okay with a few adjustments (even something minor like a barber shop) but I have no faith in modern blizz to know what to adjust and what not to adjust to keep it good.
>>
>>137915878
Wasn't there already items and shit you could only get from buying the WoW trading card game, or was that in later expansions?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_022815_232325.jpg (249KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_022815_232325.jpg
249KB, 1680x1050px
i cant believe this just happend
rip
>>
>>137916134
Loved ya bb, I hope you have fun in whatever new hellhole you shitpost in.
>>
>>137915749
>Hearthstone

That's what I was thinking if the Devs have there hands modding the Subreddits of other games why not the sub of their biggest game.

>>137915856
Many of the wow reddit mods have apparently admitted to playing Nost they just dont like private server advertisement (probably dont want Blizz to start doing shit)
>>
>>137916171

Yes, nothing p2w though.
>>
File: ignore the keychain.jpg (398KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
ignore the keychain.jpg
398KB, 1200x900px
>mfw won't have pizza with you guys again
>>
>>137915789
There is nothing else for me honestly. What's the problem with playing on kronos to fill in the void until something better comes?
>>
>>137916171
It was shit like turtle and tiger mounts. And those were incredibly rare cards. They would go for hundreds of dollars on Ebay. Probably more now that they're out of print.
>>
>>137916171
I think that was just pets and a mount.
>>
getting a dc message on login. what do?
>>
>>137915789
You have to keep the ball rolling or you could lose interest in the game?
>>
>>137916259
Thats fine, I just dont want to see people dump time into Kronos to only get axed or the people that would rather not reroll a 3rd time once/if the "Nost revival" server ever comes up
>>
>>137916226
:D
>>137915789
this
everyone join the steam group
>>
Lets talk in a real hypotetical (like not even dreams are this crazy hypotetical) Level here:

If Blizz announce legacy servers opening this 11th, would It make up for nost loss?

If blizzard accepted the nost -> Official legacy server character transference, no questions asked, just start paying us for it, what would be your opnion?

As a nost dev, would you accept this transferenc without regrets? In one hand, It is Blizz game and the reason you hosted It was that Blizz wouldnt do their own legacy servers, on the other hand, you promissed the people a free game (even if sightly illegal), but Blizz is hijacking you and charging those people. What would you do?
>>
>>137916550
I'll reroll a third time. You can count on me.
>>
>>137915996
>>SJW tactics are powerful you idiot.
Only if you're the protected class.
>>
>>137909746
I'd like to migrate, but now I feel like a person who just lost the love of their life.
I mean, why attempt love again when you know your heart will inevitably be broken eventually?
>>
>>137909746
Corecraft
:^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
Streisand effect in full force, the WoW sub plebbit now has a pinned Nostalrius thread where pretty much every highly upvoted comment is positive about it (topcomment is about a webm showing IF being full as fuck)
>>
so i just got banned for calling a GM a nigger in a burst of passion since server going down..

how likely will my acct be banned if code goes to a different developer?
>>
>>137916632
>announces legacy servers opening this 11th
I'd play in a heartbeat if they werent fucked with in some stupid way (adding boosts/LFG systems)

>blizzard accepted nost > legacy servers transfers
I wouldnt even want them to do that. That gives far too huge of an advantage to people who were technically breaking the rules by playing nost. Clean slate for everyone.
>>
File: c4jt321[1].png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321[1].png
310KB, 580x282px
>spent several months leveling character
>server shutting down
>>
>>137916632
yes it would

less bugs
less lag
less chinabots

they wouldn't even need the character transfer to sell me on it
>>
would blizzard do multiple servers for each expansion or would they do a new server that progresses through all the expansions
>>
>retarded nost shitters think the admins actually coded nostalrius from scratch
Makes me angry.

When will the nameless, selfless developers of mangos and trinitycore get the recognition they deserve?
>>
>>137916632
>If blizzard accepted the nost -> Official legacy server character transference, no questions asked, just start paying us for it, what would be your opnion?
People would burn their headquarters

>we shut down the FREE server you loved you went to because we ruined our game as we refused to listen to you so you can pay us !
>>
>>137916878
never. i highly doubt ban lists will transfer over, as accounts are stored by the developers for security.
>>
>>137905725
>>137914831
Same, had a really shitty evening and intended to change my mood by playing a bit.
Fucking hell.

And not even a week after they did that shitty april fool.
https://twitter.com/Blizzard_EN/status/716004308043624448
The nerve of theses fuckers.
>>
>>137909746
Tempted to just off myself. Not because of nost, but because I genuinely have no real joy in my life. That lack if joy, leads to a complete lack of drive to do anything. Even this game was simply a way to distract myself from my depression.
>>
>>137917042
>thinking a twitter with 5,000 followers is actually Blizzard

Based retardbro
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4C6cqo4EjY&nohtml5=False
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_060615_014255.jpg (208KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_060615_014255.jpg
208KB, 1366x768px
It has been a fun ride you guys
>>
Would you guys (Ones that have played through Vanilla or reached 60 and cleared the avalible content) be willing to reroll on a vanilla server again if it was solid as shit and they promised a transferable TBC server down the line or is it BC or Bust for you guys now?

I know a lot of people wanted to do AQ and Naxx
>>
>>137916972
The latter would be better. You would need to keep some kind of progression
>>
>>137916893

Would wow tokens be too further for you, or an acceptable change? I supose they would go for about 50 gold each
>>
>>137916667
Except the majority of gamers who are NEET/Blizz fans are the protected class.
>>
is kronos any good guys?
>>
>>137917376
I dont have a problem with wow tokens. Their price is determined by the supply of gold on a server, and on a vanilla server they would be expensive as fuck
>>
File: zcc.jpg (581KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zcc.jpg
581KB, 1920x1080px
>>137917097
i never understood why people would just commit suicide, why not go out with a bang? ..... if u catch my drift
>>
>>137917376
try 500
>>
>>137917461
Dunno, about to find out.
>>
>>137917376
50g for 30 days of game time? would be more like 200g if not more
>>
On discord with the guys of my guild waiting for more people to wake up.

Mood is horrible.

Fuck
>>
>>137917331
I don't know, really.
It mainly depends on where most of the people in /nosg/ go.
Lndi and a lot of the DiF core are going to PlayTBC so I'll give that a shot.
I initially started playing vanilla just because I was in the mood to, but I haven't felt a stronger sense of community with a group in a game since my guild in Wrath 6 years ago. That's part of why I'm so fucking sad about this- chances are people won't all agree on a server, and we'll break up a bit.
It's crazy that /nosg/ is like 3x the size of wpsg, I'm really curious about what's gonna happen now
>>
What made nost different?
>>
>>137917484
i don't get it, can you explain further?
>>
File: disgust.gif (493KB, 175x177px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
493KB, 175x177px
inb4 nos cancer comes to my server
>>
>>137917540

So much? Wow tokens in retail are cheap as fuck (for an end game character). 500g is a significative investiment. Maybe less on naxx patch, though, with all the high tier gear moving the economy
>>
I called a gm a cuck in Ironforge and got banned
RIP
>>
>>137917673
>autism: the post
>>
>>137917631
The massive amount of population.
It was full and vibrant. No other server had close to this, and made it even better than the original Blizz servers in a way. Crowding caused problems of course, but it was an amazing experience nonetheless.
>>
>>137917667
kotick
and
morhaime
dont
deserve
to
live
another
day
>>
YOU FUCKING AMERICAN JEWS I LOVED THIS SERVER
AT LEAST MAKE YOUR GAME PLAYABLE IF YOU'RE GOING TO SHUT DOWN SERVERS THAT HAVE AN ACTUAL GOOD VERSION OF THE GAME
WHATS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU GREEDY FUCKING NIGGERS HOLY SHIT
>>
>tfw no more raiding with the dif core and Lndi
>>
>>137917631
From what?
>>
File: LUL.jpg (15KB, 460x72px) Image search: [Google]
LUL.jpg
15KB, 460x72px
HAHAHAHAHAHA THE ANON WAS RIGHT
I'm actually happy
>>
>Only got to level 15 and want to experience vanilla first hand with all the raids and events
>Dont want to get left behind when all your DiF Bros go to PlayTBC

Fuck FUCK, It's not fair....
>>
>>137917484
damn tucker and ff in one group and both playing warlock
>>
Who is going to PlayTBC? Release date is set to 14.04
>>
>>137917965
lndi and a good amount of the dif core is gonna be rolling on playtbc
looks like it might be shit though, so that might not last
im gonna miss it too, man
most fun ive ever had in a video game
>>
File: 1451852319676.jpg (436KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
1451852319676.jpg
436KB, 699x699px
Reminder that /wowg/ wins again!
>>
File: 1459147851344.png (540KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1459147851344.png
540KB, 512x512px
>Nostalgia-r-us getting shut down
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

GREETINGS FROM /wowg/
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040716_144731.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040716_144731.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw I just recently got my Whirlwind Axe and I am having so much fun
>tfw I just got my Scarlet boots and only need Scarlet chest and legs to become a Scarlet Crusader
>tfw leveling a warrior was extremely difficult and grindy af

RIP MY WARRIORRESS.

I can't do this anymore guys. First my Paladin in Molten-Wow now my Warrior.

I've been in this server since the start. I've spent countless hours with my characters.

RIP FUBBLES.
>>
File: 1459349139550.jpg (58KB, 778x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459349139550.jpg
58KB, 778x720px
im crying irl boys, i just wanted to do at least AQ with the boys or maybe even a bit of naxx
>>
>>137918330
>female char waifufag
you deserve this suffering
>>
>>137918330
You do realize people here are averaging on ~100 days played
>>
>>137918330
>playing heroic strike spam
>the char
Why would someone do this
>>
>>137918289
lndi and DiF core are gonna try out playtbc when it comes out
im not optimistic about its quality if im honest, but i dont want to leave my bros :(
>>
>>137917484
are you gna roll on playtbc or kronos?
>>
File: latest.png (139KB, 250x325px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
139KB, 250x325px
I just feel empty. Like my life has lost meaning. Should i just end it all?
>>
File: 1413210862013.jpg (308KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1413210862013.jpg
308KB, 900x850px
/WOWG/ WINS AGAIN FAGS
>>
File: 124346572.jpg (465KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
124346572.jpg
465KB, 2592x1944px
I think I took this server for granted, now that it is suddenly going to disappear I should have enjoyed it more than I did. It really was a unique experience, not just another private server
>>
>>137918563
Wait for the next Blizzcon and go out with a bang.
>>
>>137918563
go for it brah
>>
I came here to laugh at you guys but this is just a sad sight.
>>
>>137918609
This is exactly how I feel currently.
>>
File: 1452887991424.png (71KB, 317x298px) Image search: [Google]
1452887991424.png
71KB, 317x298px
>>137918387
SUICIDE WATCH AHAHAHA
>>
File: 1455073460753.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455073460753.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
I'll drink to that.

Cheers you wonderful server.
>>
>>137918609
This, I should have kept playing and got to sixty instead of taking a break until 2 weeks ago
>>
>>137918609
It was everything I had left, I don't know what to do.
>>
>>137918534
il roll on playtbc and if its not shit il play there, if kronos takes off and i can get a geared warlock for cheap il do that. if neither work out il probably quit video games and do something else. maybe learn how to play piano.

join steam group to keep in touch if you so wish
>>137918287
those were good times, staying up all night during the summer stomping alliance scum in the gulch..... ahhhhhh
>>
>>137918563

this desu senpai. I was about to be on a schedule where I could raid again without rushing home from work. I got beyond excited when they announced TBC. Maybe playtbc will be worth it, but right now it all just feels pointless.
>>
>>137918563
do it in your car out the front of blizzcon
>>
File: 1449418535362.jpg (35KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
1449418535362.jpg
35KB, 281x281px
post yfw /nosg/ is on literal suicide watch
>>
File: 1432797974245.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1432797974245.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
>mfw they just kicked out thousands of autists from their containment

there's going to be another mass shotting soon.
>>
>>137918873
>>137918563
Guys if you're from USA don't just kill yourselves. Get some guns and go at the next Blizzcon and try to kill Metzen and the other retailcucks and then kill yourself.
>>
File: Oh_shit.jpg (161KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_shit.jpg
161KB, 500x735px
I don't want to do all this quests again.
And farm gold for mount. And level profs. And dungeons.
Fuck.
>>
>>137918563
anon, i know what you're thinking. You're thinking you should shoot up blizzard hq/blizzcon/kill yourself at blizzcon.
I'm just gonna say that it's up to you man.
>>
File: 1450153333410.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450153333410.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>137918979
>>
>>137918986
^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS
SOMEBODY DO IT
PLEASE
>>
french dogs have no balls
fuck em
never agan
>>
>>137918986
this 2bh
>>
still waiting for basedfinalflash to make an appearance, guess he is banned in /nosg/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPuP-V8f-pU
>>
File: thedvil.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thedvil.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
he must die nosg
>>
>>137918609
Same same same. Fuck.
>>
>>137918983
inb4 we see tucker and FF on the news
>>
I for one am gonna try kronos now, I heard it's less buggier than nost.

Welp time to level quick before the quest areas all get flooded, right! :)
>>
>>137918986
I'm from Germany. All the sandniggers invading my country and people applauding them doesn't help either.
>>
File: 1439893935743.png (84KB, 263x275px) Image search: [Google]
1439893935743.png
84KB, 263x275px
>>
Oyy Gevalt the goyim are having fun for FREE it's like a annudah shoah

t. Mike Morhaimme
>>
File: 1458898414852.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458898414852.png
230KB, 640x360px
>Nostalgiacukcs trying to justify IP theft after it gets BTFO by a C&D
>>
>>137918609
IT WAS
FUCKING

FREEEEEE
R
E
E

YOU FUCKING RETARD

HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU NOT EXPECT THIS?
>>
>>137919161
no, they are good guys deep down
>>
File: 1357983145.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1357983145.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>137918986
>>137919040
>>137919084
Your IP has been reported to the FBI for conspiracy to murder.
>>
File: tazdingo.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tazdingo.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
>>137918986

LITERALLY THIS

DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE
MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF
>>
>>137919258
>triggered retailcuck who pays money to play a shit game
lmao kill yourself lad
>>
>>137919173
I was gonna play on kronos but I get >200ms
Guess I'll have to abandon my troll rogue for good...
>>
File: 1448214974876.png (456KB, 804x876px) Image search: [Google]
1448214974876.png
456KB, 804x876px
SUICIDE WATCH
off to kronos, amirite? HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>137918986
rolling
>>
File: 1411975684501.png (455KB, 625x480px) Image search: [Google]
1411975684501.png
455KB, 625x480px
>you'll never experience the AQ launch event in Nostalrius
>>
>>137918986
DO IT
>>
>>137919381
Im also seeing a lot of russians in durotar general chat

kronos isnt looking too good, boys
>>
I dearly hope that there's a special place in Hell waiting for you Blizzard.
>>
>durotar on kronos is so packed you cant do any quests

Fuck, It's like I'm playing nost at launch again.
>>
File: Harris_and_Klebold.jpg (94KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
Harris_and_Klebold.jpg
94KB, 550x367px
>>137919297
I believe you
>>
File: 1448177570278.jpg (37KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1448177570278.jpg
37KB, 600x580px
>>137919494
you can thank twitch and reddit for all the attention nostalrius got, the kids just can't shut their mouths about it

>mfw /nosg/ will never experience AQ , let alone Naxx
>>
File: 1459635491682.gif (2MB, 430x530px) Image search: [Google]
1459635491682.gif
2MB, 430x530px
i fucking swear if i ever meet a blizzard employee i will murder him
>>
File: 1457966479145.gif (2MB, 360x414px) Image search: [Google]
1457966479145.gif
2MB, 360x414px
Post YFW nostalgiacukcs getting BTFO
>>
yfw u realise ff is named after a suicide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXZgvAJkAQ pls dont do it ff, we all love you
>>
hot off the presses from reddit, lads:
>i love all the posts about how people miss vanilla. the videos that have been posted on here show that there is nothing vanilla about these servers. In vanilla a warrior in full T2 capped out at about 4.5k health with clothies coming in at 1.5-2k health. I was seeing people with 7k health that didnt come out until after kara in bc. The skills shown are current skills not vanilla skills. I can't tell if warlocks and hunters are using ammo and soulshards but if you were these classes you had your bags full of these and nothing else. The pvp vedeo i saw showed a mage wrecking people. Mages were only good for vending machines and sheeping. warriors were king of pvp unless you had a VERY knowlegable people fighting them. I also loved spending 4 hours in lfg chat looking for a group for an instance.
>>
https://www.twitch tv/asmongold/v/59076937

IT WAS ABOUT TO BE SHUT DOWN ANYWAY BECAUSE HOSTING FEES WEREN'T PAID (WEREN'T, AS IN THEY WERE BEHIND ON INVOICES)
>IT WAS ABOUT TO BE SHUT DOWN ANYWAY BECAUSE HOSTING FEES WEREN'T PAID (WEREN'T, AS IN THEY WERE BEHIND ON INVOICES)
IT WAS ABOUT TO BE SHUT DOWN ANYWAY BECAUSE HOSTING FEES WEREN'T PAID (WEREN'T, AS IN THEY WERE BEHIND ON INVOICES)
>IT WAS ABOUT TO BE SHUT DOWN ANYWAY BECAUSE HOSTING FEES WEREN'T PAID (WEREN'T, AS IN THEY WERE BEHIND ON INVOICES)
>>
File: 1455944048148.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1455944048148.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>137919581
AQ gates event...
>>
File: 1447888604853.jpg (31KB, 328x248px) Image search: [Google]
1447888604853.jpg
31KB, 328x248px
>>137919740
>>
>>137918986
roll
>>
File: 1443851436160.jpg (36KB, 380x368px) Image search: [Google]
1443851436160.jpg
36KB, 380x368px
>>137919784
>>
I am not drunk enough for this shit.
>>
>>137919764
isn't asmon a retailcuck? I don't understand what he has to do with this
>>
So, everyone migrating to Kronos or what?
>>
>>137919764
>Asmon
>Known retailcuck
>>
>>137919907
can you listen for longer than 10 seconds?
>>
>>137919947
playtbc friend
>>
File: 1447889484692.gif (168KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447889484692.gif
168KB, 375x375px
>>137919947
yes yes ofcourse, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>137919947
Opinions are split. There's a loose presence of nost refugees on kronos but don't expect it to ever approach the same pop
>>
And some fucking retail cucks are defending this shutdown. What the fuck.
T. WOTLK fag
>>
File: Asmonoro.jpg (67KB, 480x328px) Image search: [Google]
Asmonoro.jpg
67KB, 480x328px
>>137919907
>>137920000
>Nostalgiacuks using words that are reserved for them unto others
>>
File: determined.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
determined.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
BETA UPRISING STARTS NOW
>>
File: a5TWDfN.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a5TWDfN.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
Can you guys post some classic Nost videos/recordings? I have a bunch already, but I can always use more. Preferably high quality. I'm aiming to make a post-mortem video about Nost.
>>
>>137920075
>lvl up all over on kronos
>it gets shut down too

ayyyyy
>>
>>137920126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSbGKu2JCuQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH6we5I_rYs
>>
File: dwarfcinematic.jpg (88KB, 1038x480px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfcinematic.jpg
88KB, 1038x480px
>I will never level a dwarf hunter in Dun Morogh on a cold January morning ever again
>>
File: 19384813213214.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
19384813213214.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>137920112
this wont end good.... for blizzard at least
>>
I'm going to miss you guys I never joined one of the /vg/ guilds but all the arguments and drama gave me endless hours of enjoyment as I dicked around between raid times thanks for the fun /nosg/ see you on what ever comes next
>>
8 decides my tauren hunter name on kronos
>>
Which faction on playtbc? Also is anybody actually going to do the 1-60?
>>
>>137920112
Hi FBI

is this some sort of psyops to get excuses to ban guns?
>>
File: i literally saluted in real life.jpg (590KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
i literally saluted in real life.jpg
590KB, 2048x1152px
LAST TIME WE LOGGED ON

WE
DIE
WITH
THE
SERVER

GOODBYE FROM THE BROTHAS

;_;7
>>
File: 1447709875024.jpg (8KB, 251x235px) Image search: [Google]
1447709875024.jpg
8KB, 251x235px
>>137920002
no, because I refuse to believe he played on nostalrius with all those gold videos in the making

>>137920265
>NOSTALGIAKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
HHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>137920283
Cowcuck
>>
>>137919907
>isn't asmon a retailcuck? I don't understand what he has to do with this
He jumped on Alexensual's stream and started spouting all kinds of nerd retail bullshit (the kind you'd hear on reddit and official forums) and basically droned on and on and on and on while Alex was getting blackout drunk.

I don't know who the fuck that guy is but he's a massive soulless shill.
>>
File: 1459623820003.jpg (189KB, 1914x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1459623820003.jpg
189KB, 1914x1078px
>>137920339
Brothas signing off for the very last time. We'll miss you, guys.
>>
File: 1452758705173.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1452758705173.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
The amount of crying you guys do over a shitty private server is hilarious, and the fact that some of you actually believe this will effect Blizzard at all is even funnier.
>>
>PlayTBC
>release date is April 14, 2016
>>
>>137920556
go back to .reddit
>>
>>137920339
All the memories lost...
That time I did 3 flips in a row
The time I almost killed that Hunter
All the fishing I did
Gone
>>
Only just started playing yesterday. Started thinking about playing after I woke up yesterday morning and went to /vg/ and found out about /nosg/. Went to school and saw my friend playing nost on his school laptop. I saw it as a sign and I got five friends to play it.
>>
File: 1454621547169.jpg (223KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454621547169.jpg
223KB, 1300x1000px
>>137920589
>suicide watch
ahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>137920339
why the fuck would you burden yourself with playing a warrior
>>
File: sadface.jpg (7KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
sadface.jpg
7KB, 211x238px
>tfw my account is fucked so i cant even log in for one last shot with my friends
lifes too cruel
>>
>>137920556
Correction, successful shitty private server.
>>
Isnt the server closing on the 10th? We at least have 3 more days of dicking around until then, right?
>>
>>137920660
why are you so butthurt redditlad?
>>
>>137920442
It's not like you're allowed to say anything else. Blizzard has been getting twitch to ban Nostalrius streamers.
>>
File: 1361752974081.jpg (50KB, 496x622px) Image search: [Google]
1361752974081.jpg
50KB, 496x622px
>>137920685
Whitebrotha was a paladin, Blackbrotha was a warlock. No warriors.
>>
>>137920769
Possible. But they may do it beforehand due to serverhosting issues.
>>
File: deadhordes.jpg (608KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
deadhordes.jpg
608KB, 1600x900px
So hmm... are you guys rezzing or is Stormwind the official Horde cemetary ?
>>
File: 1448170874602.jpg (23KB, 249x265px) Image search: [Google]
1448170874602.jpg
23KB, 249x265px
>>137920785
I should be asking you that.
Why are YOU so butthurt? Oh wait, I already know, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>137920646

Consider yourself Lucky, with 5 niggas you can play pretty much any server having fun and carrying each other
>>
>>137920201
Thanks, brah.
Should specify that I need more Alliance-side videos than Horde-side ones.
>>
tfw all i did in the past 2-3 weeks is farm dm
>>
>>137920589
/r/WoW seems to actually be in support of Nostalrius. They're mostly pretty pissed about the situation and are all calling for Blizz to just release Legacy servers instead of kicking over people's sandcastles.
>>
File: go bakc.jpg (114KB, 557x305px) Image search: [Google]
go bakc.jpg
114KB, 557x305px
>>137920874
>>
>>137920459
Good night, sweet princes.
>>
File: 1447710116395.jpg (253KB, 632x483px) Image search: [Google]
1447710116395.jpg
253KB, 632x483px
>>137920967
>I'll just keep calling people reddit because I am so mad right now
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>137920459
o7
>>
I feel like I wouldve enjoyed my time on this server more if I had managed to make even just one friend.
Oh well.
>>
>>137920792
>It's not like you're allowed to say anything else. Blizzard has been getting twitch to ban Nostalrius streamers.
But Alexensual is a Nostalrius streamer who played and talked about Nostalrius.
>>
that feel when you are playing on a legacy tbc server farming bads in nagrand
>>
File: paint the walls wat.png (451KB, 862x794px) Image search: [Google]
paint the walls wat.png
451KB, 862x794px
>dream about nost this morning
>wanted to log out but whenever I tried to there was some mob or ganker that attacked
>literally couldn't wake up since the dream wouldn't allow me to log out
>>
File: 1456323596433.png (505KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456323596433.png
505KB, 600x400px
>HOSTING FEES WEREN'T PAID, THE SERVERS WOULD'VE BEEN SHUT DOWN REGARDLESS
>>
**I TRIED SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER
I HAD TO FALL
TO LOSE IT ALL
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER**
>>
Never forget. None of you, ever forget this insult. Blizzard must pay. Blizzard will pay. Burgerbros, the least you can do is turn the Warcraft movie premiere into another TDKR.
>>
File: go back.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
go back.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>137921040
>>
>>137921128

Autism.
>>
is there a program to convert those tga files ?
>>
File: 1448840006438.gif (895KB, 1024x571px) Image search: [Google]
1448840006438.gif
895KB, 1024x571px
>>137921137
>mfw suicide watch
>>
>>137921174
no
>>
>>137921040
Have a nice day anon.
>>
>>137921174
photoshop can
>>
>>137921073
>I feel like I wouldve enjoyed my time on this server more if I had managed to make even just one friend.
Sort of same, but I really liked just being around people doing their own thing and such.

I wish I had friends to do anything with really.
>>
>>
>>137907556
LK was LFG, cata was lfr
>>
>>137921124
Stop repeating after clueless faggots from battlenet and reddit. Hostings were paid for by players in advance until June, and frogs themselves stated that they would pay it from their pocket had it not been the case
>>
>>137921186
>pretending to laugh when actually butthurt
S M H

M

H
>>
>>137921174
irfanview
>>
ITS JUST NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>>137921204
you mean, you can just dump them and hit one button and all get converted ?
need free program tho
>>
File: 1447438659860.png (11KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1447438659860.png
11KB, 390x470px
>>137921263
why would I be butthurt?
I'm not crying over a vanilla server
>>
>>137921314
You have a .tga file converter in your WoW screenshot folder.
>>
File: 1456923275098.png (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456923275098.png
119KB, 600x600px
>>
REMINDER TO JOIN THE STEAM GROUP
>>
File: 93lBrO3.png (105KB, 404x190px) Image search: [Google]
93lBrO3.png
105KB, 404x190px
>>137921205
>I wish I had friends to do anything with really.
Oof.
>>
>>137921174
Gimp
>>
File: WoW_2016-04-07_09-44-08.jpg (9KB, 517x34px) Image search: [Google]
WoW_2016-04-07_09-44-08.jpg
9KB, 517x34px
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>all these shitters forced to go to kronos they shittalked so much
>>
>>137921447
>implying I'm starting on another server
nope
>>
>>137921124
While this of course could be true, the first reference to it (that everyone else is pointing to as their "proof") both provides zero proof as it's simply conjecture, AND was posted by a known idiot on mmo champ. Feel free to read through his past comments, of which there are LOTS AND LOTS because forums are his fucking life, and you will quickly see that he's a moron who doesn't know fucking shit about shit.

The fact that asmongold had a dude on his stream mentioning the post doesn't mean shit other than asmongold and his buddies don't bother to look shit up. Which isn't very mysterious.

I actually would find the chinkbux conspiracies far far far more compelling than nost simply not paying the server fees - there were an incalculable amount of eurocucks dying to pay server maintenance for them.
>>
>>137921361
>>137921220
>>137921124

all me
>>
>>137921354
it makes them look real uggly tho wth
>>
>66 members in /nosg/ steam group
Nice.
>>
>>137921571
Uncheck adjust brightness
>>
>>137921571
Dude, download irfanview, it has batch conversion.
>>
Just relax for now, and let Blizzard's legal dept feel they've accomplished something.
Nostalrius' code is their own creation, built over an independent base like Mangos is, that won't be taken away. The player's database is probably secure as well.

Not entirely unfeasible to simply rename and move forward elsewhere after some time.
All's good.
>>
File: 1456919217595.png (37KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1456919217595.png
37KB, 225x225px
Enjoy thread pruning in three days you megacukcs
>>
>all those /played days
>lost like dust in the wind and tears in the rain
>>
>>137921658
Nostalrius is literally stock mangos you retards.
There's nothing remarkable about that server other than population.
>>
File: 1460015076516.jpg (186KB, 800x758px) Image search: [Google]
1460015076516.jpg
186KB, 800x758px
>retailcucks

pfffshhhhHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
File: RIP_DIAPER.webm (1MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
RIP_DIAPER.webm
1MB, 896x504px
Ah blog time.

Made a mage, I remember I asked /wpsg/ what to name myself. They told me Bigwarlokguy. I also was told to name myself wetboipuss. These were my fellow good gamers in Salty Dogs about a year ago. I got to level 33 ad got sick of leveling a mage. AoE grinding only to have another mage log onto their 60 alliance to kill me and switch back to steal my mobs to AoE grind.

I took a short break and came back wanting to play a Shaman. Glaston told me I should name myself Diaperslurp, so I did. This was when /nosg/ got split from wpsg. I remember leveling and having a good time.

The "I am about to become a nostalrius meme" came from me wanting to ninja loot from a dipshit warrior. I had also been getting constant whispers when on my mage because I would charge non guildies for mage water/food as a meme. Leveling "The Slurp" was fun. Shaman leveling sucked until 30.

I regret not actually sitting down and grinding out my last 11 levels. It was the other week I was thinking about doing it on the side while I raidlog on ToD. But of course the though in my head was "I have all the time in the world." Funny how that works out.

As far as Alliance goes, I remember making a warrior, leveling up to 30. I was there for the beginning of Damage Control as one of the founding signatures. Not much else to say about my alliance adventures.

It was fun friends, Diaperslurp loves you all.
>>
File: bladerunnerbigsy4[1].jpg (78KB, 748x352px) Image search: [Google]
bladerunnerbigsy4[1].jpg
78KB, 748x352px
>>137921680
Time to die.
>>
>>137921747
>deleted
they kept the player information, so if someone else wanted to rehost they could
hopefully they saved it before you deleted and arent going to redo it
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 450x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 450x242px
While I had some great times on this server, after quitting, I actually got my life back on track. While it feels like a cavernous void inside of you right now, this is actually a good thing, and it will eventually pass. If nothing else, this server was a great autism simulator, and a valuable learning experience on how not to live. The chains have been broken, and you're now free to lead a meaningful, productive life playing good games. I believe in you all. God bless :)

t. Kimjongkil
>>
>>137921795
Doesn't matter friend. It won't be the same nost. I'm free finally.
>>
>>137921848
>ralph
>so autistic no one in wowg likes him
>comes to somewhere even more autistic to try and make friends

good call ralph, should have made it months ago
>>
>>137921848
>the face of retailcuckoldry
>>
File: 1267512313621.png (77KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1267512313621.png
77KB, 247x248px
>inb4 kronos takes nost's code and player data
>inb4 they introduce the donation shop a month later
vanilla kucks will never win
>>
>>137921848
Whats funny is Grimlic is more tolerable than you. Maybe even Huns.
>>
>>137921917
Why would kronos take the code of an inferior server?
There literally isn't a single thing that nostalrius has fixed over kronos.
>>
80 days /played here
Oh well, hello again real life, I didn't miss you =(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0n_D_xc1Ug&nohtml5=False
>>
>>137922015
Sent ;) This is /nosg/ >>>/wowg/
>>
>>137921823
>you're now free to lead a meaningful, productive life
If I was "free" to do that I wouldn't be here you retard. My life is shit, this was everything I ever had.
>>
>decide to walk my mid 30ties pally to Tirisfal Glades and log her out forever near the scarlet monastery because I always liked to roleplay as ex-Lordaeron/ Scarlet Crusader characters
>stop by Fenris Isle to kill the elite necromancer there for maximum unholy filth cleansing immersion
>as I'm about to kill him a high level Orc rogue accompanied by a lvl 20 Forsaken rogue enter the room
>we stare at each other for a few seconds
>then the Orc walks towards me, one shots me with a auto and types /lol
>log out

I should be upset that they ruined my gay as fuck RP adventure but I think that being killed for no reason by a ?? dindu is a far more fitting end for my vanilla character.
>>
>>137921978
if that's true then why did kronos have like 10 people a day average pop and nost had 12k?
>>
File: 2016-04-07_19-58-03.jpg (6KB, 374x21px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07_19-58-03.jpg
6KB, 374x21px
wake me up inside
>>
>>137922081
Same reason molten has 10k players, feenix had 5k and retail has 5 million: people are idiots.
>>
File: 452643.png (246KB, 744x426px) Image search: [Google]
452643.png
246KB, 744x426px
>>137921747
>I regret not actually sitting down and grinding out my last 11 levels. It was the other week I was thinking about doing it on the side while I raidlog on ToD. But of course the though in my head was "I have all the time in the world." Funny how that works out.

Damn son. Just this alone gives me feels. I was getting all hyped for AQ, thinking this would never end.
>>
>>137922145
nice if thats not fake and it was on nost
>>
>>137922080

Come to Moon Guard and I'll stab you with something more exciting, if you know what I'm saying.
>>
File: salute.gif (938KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
salute.gif
938KB, 350x200px
>>137922145
>>
>listening to people say their goodbyes in the IF bank area

What the fuck are these feelings
>>
>It has been a year since nost launched
>Think of all the anons that have died, wishing their friends luck when Naxx comes around
>Those friends will never live out anons dream of raiding naxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG7jKUHsLfY
>>
Is Feenix viable?
>>
File: WoW_2016-04-07_20-01-27.jpg (790KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoW_2016-04-07_20-01-27.jpg
790KB, 1920x1080px
>>137922193

(cant wake up)
>>
So.. I think the obvious solution to all this is to make a server that Blizzard can't shut down easily. Fair Use is a powerful legal term, even modifying things a bit could get people somewhere.

TBC server capped at 60, raceswapped draenai with BEs, something else for horde, update some of the artwork yourself (icons would be relatively easy compared to models) and evolve some of the leveling areas to be.. smoother. Not easier, smoother.

There is a lot you can do relatively easily to push a project well into "fair use" territory and put up a very good fight against ActiCuck imho.
>>
File: 1415801562594.jpg (212KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1415801562594.jpg
212KB, 640x560px
>>137922145
Damn son, that's one third of the past year just playing Nost. We all had a great time, didn't we.
>>
File: zmzmz.jpg (595KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zmzmz.jpg
595KB, 1920x1080px
>>137922319
HI ROLFOS
>>
File: 1448446995841.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1448446995841.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
mfw shit like molten is still alive while vanillakucks keep getting fucked
can't make it up
>>
>>137922325
After doing all that to establish fair use, you would also have to fight them in court to prove it. That means big fuckin money for lawyers considering the million dollar activision team you'd be up against. 0 Chance.
>>
>>137922319
FeelsBadMan
>>
>>137921657
thanks mate
>>
File: 1459464950822.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459464950822.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>don't play in a while because feeling burned out
>decide to check on the general
>see the news
This isn't right.
>>
>>137922392
>>137922319

holy shit its some convulsion fags! thank god i left your dumpster guild and got to do all the content before the server died. rolfos is cool tho
>>
>>137922315
feenix is dead
i logged on like two days ago and there was literally one person on warsong. one.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 624x480px
>you will never get to run around Redridge fucking up Alliance players with your Salty Boys again

it was fun, lads
>>
>>137922425
You know in a case like that it really doesn't matter how big your legal team is right? Its based on long standing legal ideas and practice. Blizzard can throw all the money they want at the case but their argument is the same that a 1st year law student could make.
>>
>>137922181
does kronos have that autistic anti-ninja loot system too?

nostcucks sold their server as 100% vanilla yet they introduce this automatic rolling shit from wotlk
>>
>>137922325
>So.. I think the obvious solution to all this is to make a server that Blizzard can't shut down easily. Fair Use is a powerful legal term, even modifying things a bit could get people somewhere.
You don't understand this at all. Private servers are perfectly legal. The problem is that you first have to pay millions in court to set a precedent. Which no one has.

This is legal bullying and it's impossible to go against it unless you're a literal billionaire.
>>
File: 1446611604804.png (1MB, 784x826px) Image search: [Google]
1446611604804.png
1MB, 784x826px
>>137922568
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22KB, 298x287px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22KB, 298x287px
WWU
When was the last time Nost had this kind of uptime?
>the balancing went from 43-57 to 50-50 in less than an hour

EVERYONE ROLL HORDE

http://strawpoll.me/7300364
>>
File: i will miss you nosg.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
i will miss you nosg.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>137921747
I love you man ;_;

I remember rolling on Nost about 2 weeks after launch and being a level 9 hunter sitting in Durotar talking shit to some retard that said they hope the server was capped at tier 1 for a year for "muh nostalgia" until I saw in the distance a man from Salty Dogs and I learned that was the /wpsg/ guild so I asked for an invite.

Over the course of a few weeks I got to know some great gamers like Glaston, Pulsar, Baseball, Bigwarlokguy, Yarrick, Clambeard, Snack, and so on. I had great times raiding Redridge, reking Literally and Psychic 1v2, banting with the boyz until the wee hours of the morning and avatarfagging in the early stages of the general until my precious, beautiful man of a hunter got hacked from under my feet presumably by the filthy chinks. <Salty Dogs> was truly one of the best guilds I've ever been in and da boyz are great friends that I'm lucky to still have today.

I tried to make <Salty Dogs> raid and when that failed I made <Damage Control> to try to le the horde boyz on /nosg/ have a true raiding guild to call home. I'm sorry I failed you all but it was a great time while it lasted and I'm happy that the legacy got to live on on the Alliance.

I love you all, /nosg/. Even you Finalflash you retarded faggot.
>>
>>137922637
No.
In fact, I had a flask of supreme power recipe ninjad from me just a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>137922678
>EVERYONE ROLL HORDE
But the char I leveled during 7x is Alliance.
>>
>>137922596
AHAHAHAHA

Seriously, are you new to the world or what? Have you been born yesterday? Do you really think court cases are about the "law"? Or are you just trolling?
>>
>>137922392

hi cucker
>>
>>137922679
>asscobra
holy shit the feels man goodbye OG salty dogs...
>>
>>137922739
doesn't matter alliancekuck, everyone is starting from 0 anyways
>>
>>137922658
thanks for the memories, Glastonsan
>>
>>137922694
why didn't you tell me earlier, i could've been leveling on kronos instead of this shit server
>>
>>137922739
Should have leveled two characters, one for each faction like I did.
>>
File: WyyG9.jpg (8KB, 248x240px) Image search: [Google]
WyyG9.jpg
8KB, 248x240px
I legit hope someone guns down a few hundred people at blizzcon or goes postal at blizz hq. I'm not even that mad anymore, I just want some entertainment at someone else's expense.
>>
my off days coming up and i had so many plans to do on nost
>>
>>137922887
>>137922823
yeah well, like many people here I won't start from 1 again
>>
>>137922637
>yet they introduce this automatic rolling shit from wotlk
What are you on about?
>>
>>137922679
What was your hunters name after they forcename changed you again?
>>
>>137922952
i don't remember much from TBC but i specifically remember ninjaing some shit from a cuck and him getting mad and reporting me so i assumed the system was implemented in wotlk
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21KB, 298x285px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21KB, 298x285px
>>137922932
lmao, enjoy your raidlogging in wotlk since we all know both playtbc and CC will be shit
>>
File: 1459647585760.jpg (37KB, 544x486px) Image search: [Google]
1459647585760.jpg
37KB, 544x486px
>>137922912
These fucking fags need to die, it was all I had left.
>>
>There will never be another Vedun webm
>There will never be Finalflash sperging out in the thread about camping some streamer
>No more Yeb cuck posting
>No more OGtucker getting cucked by Lndi

Also, shout out to the boyz:
>Clambeard
>Glaston
>Pulsar
>Asscobra
>Diaperslurp
>Snack
>Qxc
>Cephei
>Relan
>Baseball
>Yarrick

Salty Dogs was good. It's funny it was still the "horde /vg/ guild" despite it dying multiple times and not raiding at all.
>>
>>137923051
>you never made it to nosg meme status
>>
>won't make Legacy servers
>killing private vanilla servers

For what purpose?
>>
File: Sprite.png (3MB, 1908x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Sprite.png
3MB, 1908x1079px
So long my fellow peeps
>>
tfm my options are buying wod and leveling from 90to 100
or just roll on kronos start a new life. but what if that shit gets shut down too soon.
>>
>>137923140
Same purpose as all the other rulers of the world - pure Satanism.
>>
So can we play horde on the next server? Bored as fuck of alliance.
>>
File: 1440647735200.jpg (51KB, 434x428px) Image search: [Google]
1440647735200.jpg
51KB, 434x428px
>>137923030
I firmly believe that you do not ignore thousands of people's simple request.

If someone does not listen to reason, they will listen to force.
>>
File: 1438226625966.jpg (51KB, 581x166px) Image search: [Google]
1438226625966.jpg
51KB, 581x166px
>>137922679
Here's a good one for old times sake.
>>
>>137923140
12 year old game, time to move on
>>
>>137922679
goodbye cobe. see you on corecraft maybe.
>>
>>137923140
>have to make a new team for legacy servers
>have to dig around through old code and update it
>have to keep different versions of the game up to date
>fragment the community even more which will just lead to more server merging
and all of this just for a max of what, 12k people?
>>
What's the horde guild? can we name it <BAD DRAGON IN FOREST>
>>
File: aww.jpg (319KB, 1357x701px) Image search: [Google]
aww.jpg
319KB, 1357x701px
Was fun while it lasted. Was great meeting you lot through BnB, DC, TT and then finally DiF.

I've joined the steam group if any of you cunts want to hit me up. Other than that, hopefully I'll see you lot around some day, somewhere.

Peace out, nerds.
>>
>>137923140
ruining my life
>>
>>137923210
>my experience in c&c generals will help me make wow great again
y-you too
>>
Question. Is it normal when something like this happens for so many people to encourage a bombing/shooting of a company's HQ/Events? Just curious if this is normal or if some shit might actually go down. I understand Nostalrius was a 'safe haven' for many autist and now Blizzard has taken that away.

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if it happens
>>
>>137923313
Of course its normal on 4chan, but it would still be nice if something actually happened.
>>
File: nevrforget.jpg (248KB, 865x593px) Image search: [Google]
nevrforget.jpg
248KB, 865x593px
rip in benis
>>
>>137923313
>is it normal
when people do things that piss other people off it's pretty normal for people to be pissed
>>
File: nos rip 5.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
nos rip 5.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
Alright this threads just depressing the shit out of me and its like 4 in the morning.
Good night /nosg/. I hope this threads still up tomorrow but it might not be.
t. a literally who
>>
>>137923263
>bunch of nerds can run a server providing it with constant updates only living off of donations and ad revenue for their website
>a multimillion dollar company who CREATED the damn fucking thing can't do it as a little side project charging 5 bucks/month for it and still have a 10k population

wew
>>
I always liked this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g&nohtml5=False
>>
>>137923313
noone's gonna do shit, stop deluding yourself
>>
HAHAHAHA
I CALLED THIS SHIT MONTHS AGO
>IT'S IN FRANCE IT WON'T HAPPEN
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Nothing of value has been lost.
>>
>>137920459
Latvia #1 producer of Meldonium.
All other countries have
Inferior Meldonium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIV-QdPEx-Q
>>
>>137923313
do it for the lulz
>>
File: rip nostalrius.jpg (522KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rip nostalrius.jpg
522KB, 1920x1200px
:(
>>
can anybody access https://en.nostalrius.org/password
i need to change my password to log in but the page doesnt work T_T
>>
>>137923408
>tfw I read "Karazhan you very nice place"
>>
>>137922679
Hey Asscobra, Bluepurple here. I think you're a piece of shit and the biggest faggot alive but, I'm still gonna miss you ;_; you fucking cuck
>>
>>137923410
THIS. I know there are some crazy fuckers in this thread/on nostalrius who have nothing else to live for.
>>
>>137923541
Yeah, maybe on the next server you an get past level 34 and get out of the barrens.
>>
>>137923441
tfw all that ranking for nothing
>>
File: 1395487723099.gif (564KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1395487723099.gif
564KB, 245x200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK1tiKhdDTU

;_;7
>>
>>137923383
The thing is that Blizzard's official stance is that all their patches and addons have been pure, 100% improvements to the game, and the older versions are entirely and totally inferior (rather than just different). Providing legacy servers would be an acknowledgement that the older versions are better in some regards which simply does not fit into their marketing doctrine.
>>
>>137923541
Man I hated the shit out of you but I'll miss you too buddy and by buddy I mean faggot ole pal
>>
>Ogtucker no lifed his way to r13
>Got cucked by Lndi in that cause he never payed attention to Cyanei
>All that work for nothing
>In the end he got outskilled by a ninja with a dumb tiger mount
>>
>>137923547
i have nothing else to live for except smokng marijuana and i still wont do it
fuck that
>>
>>137923608
Probably also has to do with changes in staff. Would be hard to accept people not wanting anything to do with YOUR patches.
>>
File: bestdifroguesandbadpriest.png (372KB, 742x404px) Image search: [Google]
bestdifroguesandbadpriest.png
372KB, 742x404px
It was a good time raiding with you guys.
>>
Where do I go now if I want to play 1x vanilla?

Please don't make me go back to feenix

Is kronos any good?
>>
>>137923596
feelsbadman
>>
So, which other dozens of vanilla servers are you going to flock to, /nosg/?

Activision can try all they want, but they can't keep vanillafags from playing vanilla.

>>137923547
TBHFAM if this was announced a week ago I would have unleashed a holy jihad
however things are starting to look up and for the first time in years I don't want to kms.

>>137923608
>>137923651
quoted for truth
>1 million nostalruse accounts
>WAHHH THERE'S NO INTEREST IN VANILLA
Activision just doesn't want to admit they've been killing the game

Please notice I say Activision
the company that brought us the game we actually love is long dead
>>
File: Bye Nost.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bye Nost.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I still remember starting out on my first rogue in Salty Dogs. There were some people I didn't like, and some that didn't like me. But I didn't really care, everything was so comfy, all the banter in gchat/world, etc.

Leveled my warlock after Salty Dogs died and even though it wasn't quite as comfy as before, I felt like I made a better fit in BnB/BnA/DC. Eventually decided I missed playing rogue, tried leveling fast so we could make an attempt at raiding. Unfortunately, irl shit took precedence and I had to take a break. Coming back and trying to fit into a raid schedule was just too difficult, but I still had genuine fun in DIF.

I hope we get something new to play going. If not, I'll miss you guys.
>>
File: 1v.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1v.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
>>137923647
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWbgkRpYwc
>>
>>137923707
Kronos is the only alternative for 1x vanilla at the moment.

>lel at 80% of kronos population being levels 1-15 at the moment
>>
Obligatory thread theme.
https://youtu.be/6E2hYDIFDIU
>>
>>137907137
>liking dungeon finder
>liking world of instacraft pvp
It was the beginning of the end anon.
>>
>>137923838
CAN'T SUETHE DREAM
I KNOW IT GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN SAYING SINCE FIRST DIAPERGNOME THREAD BUT KRONOS IS OUR FINAL BASTION.

WE /KRONOG/ NOW
>>
imagine how many ppl lost their money income now that server is worthless lol
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-07+at+12.27.59).png (3MB, 1854x1052px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-07+at+12.27.59).png
3MB, 1854x1052px
I wanted to take on Molten Core. I wanted to go toe-to-toe with Onyxia. I wanted to be one of the elite that managed to take down Naxx.

And above that, I desperately wanted to experience the opening of the gates of AQ. I never got to do it; when I started playing as a kid in Wrath I was so disappointed that I never got to see it.

I'm so disappointed. I've always, always wanted to tackle vanilla raid content. Now I don't know if I'll ever get that opportunity.
>>
>>137923838
Thanks brother.

Is there any reason nost was preferable to kronos?

I simply started on nost before I knew about kronos.
>>
File: 1459378602097.jpg (100KB, 628x357px) Image search: [Google]
1459378602097.jpg
100KB, 628x357px
>>137923885
>>
>>137923963
the population but that nost is down who knows
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040716_012828.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040716_012828.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
IAmA cuck AMA!
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 492x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 492x572px
>i will never get to raid with my bros ever again
>>
>>137923968
The best song I could think of about this.
>>
>>137923573
1/3 to 13 goddamnit. I know I was going to quit soon after that anyway but it's a completely different thing when it's not your own terms and you can't even log in anymore.
>>
>>137923835
>>137923647
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhlzfpZpKeo
>>
>>137905725
>So there are a strong possibility of someone with balls picking the data up and hosting Nostarius 2.0 for us.
But will he have the balls to ipblock all the chinks?
>>
>>137923963
Better scripting
better community
better latency
no p2w
no character selling
population

all in all nostalrius was the better server
looks like the kronos shills are having the last laugh though
>>
>tfw dying inside
>>
>>137923939
Just go to Kronos you dumb cuck if there was no Nostalrius everyone would be in Kronos but they had the misfortune of releasing a few days after Nost so the population was small.

Now everyone is migrating there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAX4cgszCU
>>
>>137923993
Goodbye from the Latvian, hoodrat.
>>
>>137923963
Nost was worse scripted, but it had much, much more players.

I think kronos had 800 peak for a while, when nost was 6k and growing.
These days it peaks around 2k, who knows how much it'll be after the nost influx.
>>
who /drinkingheavilythisweekend/ here
>>
>>137924030
Anyone in their right mind would.
The chinks were the downfall of this server, everybody said it but they didn't listen and now we are here.
>>
>>137924004
It's pretty nice but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG9VhC0hiTg
fits better
>I just think it's best
'Cause you can't miss what you forget
>>
>>137924057
And the same will happen to Kronos in the end after it gained enough popularity.
>>
>>137923701
good job Bartol, first you kill the guild and now you kill the server
>>
>>137924105
I posted >>137923408 4 u
>>
>>137924057
>>137924146
this
vanilla servers come and go
you should all know this by now
this is why I don't play x1
>>
>>137924045
>p2w

They sell items for $$ or what?
>>
>>137924123
If it werent for the chinks the server wouldnt attract blizzards attention that much and we would still be playing it.
>>
File: 1446308947569.jpg (94KB, 448x666px) Image search: [Google]
1446308947569.jpg
94KB, 448x666px
>>137924153
I love you.
>>
>>137923939

see its shit like this that upsets me

i was lucky enough to have played from launch with my guildmates, i canot imagine how people with thousands of gold and multiple 60's / chars being leveled feel

now all these players who nost was their first vanilla experience are getting fucked the hardest, they never even got to the epics
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22KB, 304x285px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22KB, 304x285px
REMINDER THAT HORDE ON KRONOS IS HAPPENING
ROLL HORDE NOW
>>
The nostalrius gold selling website was registered on the same day as nostalrius dot org.
Coincidence?
>>
File: 1458933282885.jpg (45KB, 442x604px) Image search: [Google]
1458933282885.jpg
45KB, 442x604px
DON'T WORRY GUYS IT'S JUST A PRANK.

I REPEAT IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO.
>>
>>137922568

Watching Glaston MC lowbies into their own guards after coming out of the Duskwood zerg was amazing. I'm pissed I lost all my old screencaps.
>>
>>137923963
Because there shop on kronos
>>
Enough bitching, it won't bring nost back.

Since we apparently Kronos now, and it sounds like we want to try Horde this time around, are we cool with that? For those that actually want to restart the sadness treadmill?

We goin'?
>>
>>137924270
of course not you dipshit
you really think the gooks would wait a week to get started on botting?
>>
>>137923701
FUCKS SAKE MOGUL YOU'RE NOT A ROGUE
>>
>>137924201
>They sell items for $$ or what?
Yes. And those servers don't get shut down. So there you fucking go.
>>
>>137924313
>we want to try Horde
>tfw you want to play dorf hunter
>>
>>137924313
Im not going to bother playing again just to lose my characters
>>
>>137924313
i do it i think, atleast im gonna try
>>
>>137924146
Kronos needs to ban all the chinks and we'll be fine.
>>
>BOO HOO
I was there for SC1 death, SC2 death, the shitshow that was quality gaming, seen valkyrie, feenix, hellground and countless other servers dwindle down until they were dead as fuck.

This isn't anything new.
Fucking newfags think it's the end of the world.
>>
>>137924356
then why did you play on nost in the first place?
>>
>>137924313
>want to try Horde this time around, are we cool with that?
nah m8 i want to be a paladin
>>
>>137924313
guild name?
>>
File: 552323.png (478KB, 613x798px) Image search: [Google]
552323.png
478KB, 613x798px
on behalf of /wpsg/ I came here to laught at you
You Reap What You Sow, cucks.
>>
>>137924345
The more I hear about this the more I'm starting to believe that nost devs just ran out of money and used a blizzard lawsuit excuse as a cop-out.
>>
FinalFlash is probably pissed right now after reaching 60 again.
>>
>>137924313

I'm rolling alliance most likely.
>>
>>137924246
Yeah, Nost was my first Vanilla experience.

I fell for the "You just think you want it" meme. I was always convinced everyone just sperged over Vanilla for nastolgia's sake, and that it was an overblown mess of a game that was gone for a reason.

Fuck, was I wrong. My time playing Nost has been the most fun I've had with an MMO in a long, long time. It felt like a goddamn adventure.

Every step I took was rigorous and difficult, but the payoff was always, always worth it. No other game has given me the satisfaction of progressing like this.

And on top of that, it felt like a living world. No matter where I went, no matter what zone, there were ALWAYS people there.
>>
>>137923279
Blue here, thanks for running me through SM and being an all around nice guy, I'm gonna miss you.

I will pray to Muhammad (PBUH) that you don't burn in hell for being gay.
>>
File: Goodbye My Serverfirst Aquaman.jpg (170KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye My Serverfirst Aquaman.jpg
170KB, 800x450px
It's been fun guys.
You're welcome to take screenshots with me in IF
>>
>>137924356
>Im not going to bother playing again just to lose my characters
Yeah, same.
>>137924404
Idiocy I guess.
>>
>>137924313
if we didn't hate ourselves we wouldn't be on the sadness treadmill that is x1 vanilla to begin with
this is only a setback
>>
>>137924404
I fell for the''they dont make money they cant be sued''meme
>>
>alliancetards rolling alliance again on new server
how fucking stupid are you
>>
>>137924549
I'm rolling Horde though
>>
File: I0O9dvF.png (973KB, 842x708px) Image search: [Google]
I0O9dvF.png
973KB, 842x708px
FUCK YOU BLIZZARD YOU FUCKING KIKE FUCKS. I WISH HITLER DID KILL 6 MILLION OF YOU RAT FACED BASTARD THEN MAYBE TODAY THE SERVER WOULD STILL BE UP

YOU FUCKING KIIIIIIIIIIIKESSSS
>>
Kronos is probably more bugged when it comes to mobs position in the world.
>>
>>137924549
HURR DURR U CAN ONLY PLAY WUT I WANT U 2 PLAY
>>
>>137924313
alliance here mang
>>
>>137924549
>horde
>animals and corpses
No, thanks.
>>
>>137924404
idk why but i laughed loudly
>>
>>137906490
making money has absolutely nothing to do with violating copyright or stealing IP
>>
>>137924592
if I asked you why you'd roll alliance, you'd say "muh racials!!!", so let me just ask you this instead: do you hate fun?
>>
>>137924461
I don't think it's that, but there's definitely something we're not being told.
>>
>>137924549
I want to play paladin.
>>
Just wait for a couple days before you reroll you fucks.
>>
they probably have no clue how many people are hurt like fuck atm
fuck these evil bastards
>>
>>137924642
I'd actually say "because alliance is more fun."
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>137924661
go play a shaman instead
>>
>>137924313
>>137924549

Going horde t b h lad. The ride will never end
>>
38 days on my paladin flappynoodle (pvp)
55 days on my druid hedgelord (pve)
48 days on my mage edgelord (pve)

RIP
>>
Guys do I want to make a paladin or warrior for my reroll on nost?
>>
File: Scrooge.gif (398KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
Scrooge.gif
398KB, 480x238px
I attended Blizzcon 2004 and they were asked about private servers. Blizzard did not give a FUCK and were happy other people were working with the code of the game and making their own experiences.
>fast forward 2016

OY VEY GOYIM OUR CASH COW IS FLOUNDERING LETS UNLEASH THE LAWYERS , AMERICA AM I RITE?
>>
File: WoW_2016-03-23_15-49-39.jpg (16KB, 448x67px) Image search: [Google]
WoW_2016-03-23_15-49-39.jpg
16KB, 448x67px
REMINDER
>>
>>137924801

blizzard actually fucking disgusts me. never buying shit from them again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
>>
>>137924759
But shaman doesn't have seals and blessings. And they're not warriors of the light.
>>
Bigwarlokguy here. Going to get the boyz together and have an official Salty Dogs core meeting on what to do next. Stay tuned.
>>
>>137924870
yea and shaman's aren't literal shit in anything other than spamming flash heal, I understand if you wanna play a shit class
>>
>>1379248013
>>137924862
Blizzard died in 2007 when it merged with Activision, the worst publisher in practice in the entirety of video game history.
>>
horde guild on kronos when?

http://strawpoll.me/7300364
>>
>>137924925
But shamans doesn't have raid wide blessings.
>>
what is Kronos' policy on multiboxing?
>>
>>137924950
>>>1379248013
>3
where the shit did that come from
>>137924801
>>
File: 1440551560094.jpg (80KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440551560094.jpg
80KB, 540x720px
Don't forget to buy Legion on launch, goy.
>>
>>137925003
>I want to play alliance because it lets me be a casual
ok
>>
>>137925073
But paladin!
>>
>>137925020
Allowed, but no scripts and no pvp.
>>
>>137925051
Thats just a fat russian in thailand though kek
>>
File: 793899-kotick3.jpg (68KB, 478x415px) Image search: [Google]
793899-kotick3.jpg
68KB, 478x415px
>>137925051
Me and all my friends preordered World of Warcraft: Legion.
It's gonna be epic for the win!
>>
>>137924862
"i-i'll n-never b-b-buy from t-them a-again!!"

if only anybody cared. You are the worst retard
>>
>>137924870
>he doesn't want to command the elements
>>
File: 1416560079992.jpg (67KB, 604x533px) Image search: [Google]
1416560079992.jpg
67KB, 604x533px
>>137925131
I can feel the butthurt
>>
>>137925204
Why would I when I can be a man/woman of righteousness.
>>
>all those nost cucks are going to roll on kronos and ruin it for everyone
Pls no. 2k online was perfectly fine by me.
>>
File: b24[1].png (265KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
b24[1].png
265KB, 600x453px
>rerolling horde
>>
>100+ people in elwynn right now between 1-6
>100+ people in durotar 1-6
>200+ undead dindus in Tirisfall glades

Looks like everyone is moving to Kronos.
>>
>>137925180
WoW is going down the drain
Starcraft 2 is going down also, people are actually rather playing SC1 tournaments
Overwatch overpriced game

The only thing they have going for them is hearthstone, which probably is enough. Fuck blizzard used to be these cool guys that the gaming community could count on to provide well made games.
>>
>>137925180
blizzard shill detected
>if only anybody cared
It's the reason they shut it down you full blown retard
>>
>>137925315
Cry me a river, nostalcuck. Nothing you say is true and nobody cares about you
>>
File: kronos.jpg (40KB, 504x343px) Image search: [Google]
kronos.jpg
40KB, 504x343px
The Kronos dream is over
>>
>>137925273
But anon, refugees are welcome here!
>>
File: 2hu sweat.png (78KB, 280x320px) Image search: [Google]
2hu sweat.png
78KB, 280x320px
What new rising star is on the way? Kronos is old shit, we need to rally to something new.
>>
>>137924950

well i havent enjoyed any of their games after wrath of the lich king(aside from d3 RoS)

did their new wow expansion not get enough pre-orders so now they have to start bullying people trying to enjoy a version of the game they have not ruined?

fuck blizzard. never buying shit from them again
>>
>>137925314
Everyone has known all along that kronos was the superior server, it's just that nost had the population and people didn't want to abandon their characters.

Now that nost is dead, of course everyone will roll kronos.
>>
>Try out a vanilla pserver to see what the hype is about
>Get to level 2
>Uninstall
>>
>>137925369
here's your reply
>>
>>137925413
What's the xp rate and other stats in kronos? Going to start playing later today.
>>
>>137925458
Great blog!
can I follow your tumblr?
>>
>>137925498
it's all 1x
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040716_115857.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040716_115857.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>137925498
х1
>>
New thread here.

>>137925506
>>
File: 1459377914533.jpg (145KB, 1024x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1459377914533.jpg
145KB, 1024x1446px
>>137925458
>i have adhd and play the dying piece of shit that's retail
>>
>invest your literal lifespan into a character on a server that gets shut down
>re-roll on another private server and wait for the inevitable

why?
>>
>>137925498
1x.
Used to be 2k peak before nost died.
Right now it's 2k peak at 5 AM.

I think you can get characters transfered from other peoples' accounts, that's about it.
>>
>>137925402
I would rather just not play anything related to WoW at all until something like Nostalrius shows up for TBC.
>>
>>137925550
>nosg
Fuck off.
>>
>>137925583

Kronos is hosted by Ivans
It can't be shut down
>>
>>137925509

yes

>>137925578

>I love the taste of 11 and a half year old fecal matter
Vanilla WoW trogolodytes are as bad as morrowind fags
>>
>>137925583
Are you new?
That happens to every server.

Servers usually live for a year tops. Just gotta deal with it if you want to play pservers.
>>
>>137919472
Most Russians > Most Chinese
>>
File: 1317210932752.jpg (96KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1317210932752.jpg
96KB, 400x399px
>>137909746
What's the fucking point

It's going to be downed by Blizzard again, fucking jews
>>
File: 1459092367146.jpg (358KB, 1664x2188px) Image search: [Google]
1459092367146.jpg
358KB, 1664x2188px
>AQ and Naxx wasn't even released

lel
>>
ilu all
nite
>>
>>137925937
We never opened the gate... That was the one thing I was looking forward to the most.
>>
>>137925937
Its literally the only reason i started playing
MC and BWL are easy entry raids,the real fun started with aq and peaked with naxx
>>
File: what faction we rolling boyz.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
what faction we rolling boyz.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>
File: muh gold selling.png (3KB, 239x82px) Image search: [Google]
muh gold selling.png
3KB, 239x82px
top kek
>>
>>137926140
horde
>>
>>137924708
>they probably have no clue how many people are hurt like fuck atm
>fuck these evil bastards
You think the capitalist cares. You really think that. Haha.
>>
Me and 4 friends got to level 50-55 before we stopped playing. We were going to start again when AQ opened but I guess that won't happen.

Had an awesome time back in December when we played tho
>>
>>137926140
alliance
>>
>>137926053
>Implying you did naxx
>Implying you know what you're talking about
oh wait, this is the nostalgia general
>>
>tfw got bored of playing a few weeks ago
>was going to sell my account
>this happens

just fuck my shit up fampai
>>
I never reached 60
>>
What is the class with the highest skillcap in vanilla?

Is it hunter ??
>>
How about instead of restarting Nostalrius

We start up a Warhammer Online private server....
>>
File: 1393188646512.jpg (229KB, 1351x759px) Image search: [Google]
1393188646512.jpg
229KB, 1351x759px
Kill me
>>
>>137926628
>ff just hits 60
>server shuts down

Pottery
>>
>>137926628
Cucker c@t got cucked
Lmao
>>
>>137926872
>just about to hit 60
>NEVER EVER
>>
>>137926550
how about
instead of restarting nost

we just wait for corecraft?

surely THAT wont be taken down, right?
>>
>>137909746
I'd like to find a good BC server with a normal xp rate. Any ideas?
>>
>>137926969
>waiting for Corecraft

Me in 2012
>>
>>137926969
You cant take down something that is never coming out
>>
>guild still planning a last BWL goodbye raid
I'm going to cry like a bitch
>>
>>137927339
>plenty of places to go, cities to raid
>will kill same shitty bosses like autists
>>
>>137927482
But it was those same "shitty bosses" that forged their friendship.
>>
Alliance or horde on kronos?
>>
Daily reminder that servers using the Nost core will pop up after Nost dies.
>>
>>137927624

what yuropean country would be best for hosting a server so this doesnt happen again? some eastern europe shithole?
>>
>>137927732
sweden or slav land
>>
has anyone looked into hosting a server in cuba now that theyve opened up? They are close as fuck to the country that matters but unlikely to be pushed around because of their politics
>>
>>137927872
Sweden is becoming a cuck country, i wouldn't be surprised to see them welcoming Daddy murica with opens arms.
Ukrain maybe? Russia? But imagine the shitposting and the trash-tier scripts.
>>
>>137927732
Estonia the servers dont cost shit
>>
>>137928893
They're also bound by the same international treaties France is so they would get sued just as quickly if this nost 2.0 got popular.
>>
>>137927732
If it's in the EU or is currently in negotiations, none. So basically none.
>>
>>137928965

Costa Rica is where KAT is hosted, they dont give a fuck and its better than say, Russia, for the people in NA.
>>
I started like three weeks and didn't even get to the max level because I only played casual. Still a little salty it's dead. Will the thread just wait on some rando to host Nost 2.0 or will everyone be moving to another server?
>>
>>137931230

as an eufag i wouldnt even mind having to play with higher ping if it meant the servers staying up
>>
>>137931472

Eastern central Canada here, and I was at ~110 MS steady connecting to france. French people could probably expect 115-120 from Costa Rica Id imagine, and that was almost the exact same as live in terms of how it felt. Slight input lag on bad days, even at 130 it was fine for me I found.. I know a lot of people were running around with like 170-300 all the time and they didnt seem to care, raid bosses still went down and we had a Russian main tank with me healing from Canada.
>>
>>137931884

got 50ms from finland, but it honestly didnt matter since chinks made the server lag anyway

wow is still completely playable around 200ms
>>
>>137932023

Yea you probably have a fancy EU wide fiber network or something, but I was very impressed with 110ms across an ocean and like 1000 km of land.
Thread posts: 887
Thread images: 197

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.