[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rpgmg/ - RPG Maker General #134

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 576
Thread images: 113

File: Logo.png (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
455KB, 1280x720px
Podcast Edition

Trial Download: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/free-trials/trial-rpg-maker-mv
Trial Mirror: https://mega.nz/#!HNRDmQKS!6YhUUEA3YpRYEaruDgfUmFD2kZcOB7pv3rSssUOM2bs
RPGMMV Crack: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=94706179999319730759

[MV] Base Resources, Cover Art DLC, Essentials DLC and Pre-order Plugins:
http://pastebin.com/QtQnqvf5
[VX/Ace] Humble Bundle DLC:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!eJQEWLiC!Y66_MZgvuwB2ZUn2m6GzSQ

/rpgmg/ Wikia
http://rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki//rpgmg/_Games_Wikia
Getting started
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ignTofv_bDRVHPUk9_sEpLUjuFyxpuy2Cr9mXDwkb0/
Art Resources
http://pastebin.com/FgVGxTqW
Updated DLC Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/D1Nr8Zwd
Pixel Art Tutorials:
http://pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf
Other useful resources:
http://pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4

[MV] Plugin Releases
http://mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double Anon !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Currently working:
Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw

Version 12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fgjv2fucr51c3r/rpgmgcollab_v12.exe
>>
File: mjnlh-concept.png (110KB, 371x717px) Image search: [Google]
mjnlh-concept.png
110KB, 371x717px
Let's not have a thread which dies on the first post please thank you.

Pic: 3D concept art of a character that shows up late in DiM: After Hours.
>>
Oh look this isn't dead yet.

If anyone's alive, how do you handle enemies in your maps? Making the have individual levels, or just having certain enemies per area, with it being harder the deeper you get in?

Also since I can do quests whenever I want, I want it to be so quest enemies are similar to your level so it doesn't feel like a breeze.
>>
Can anyone recommend some good RPGM games? Last thread I only got Cherry Tree High
>>
File: redwhitegrid.png (13KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
redwhitegrid.png
13KB, 640x480px
Every tile of this grid is a separate picture, with so far 3 pictures used (the red tiles are just colored via Maker). Now I have to align the rest of them. Notice how they're semi-transparent so any overlaps would be clearly visible.

Currently trying to bring myself to place the rest of the tiles. And that's just the visible ones when standing still - if I want fluid motion, I need to place even more tiles outside the screen.
>>
>>136564776
Depends on the game I want to make. But yeah, that's typically the route I go - having them have individual levels and it getting harder the deeper you go in.

>>136564776
You'll want to grab a plugin to handle that then, making sure the stats stay roughly the same relative to the player's level.
>>
File: 11.png (1MB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
1MB, 736x736px
live
>>
>>136564776
This is where most open-wolrd games fall flat. I just have the enemies get harder as you progress, because it's a linear story.

If I were doing open-world, skills that let you avoid combat (Stealth, Diplomacy, etc.) would be very important
>>
Why does this thread keep dying? We've had like three in a row get bumped off
>>
>>136565356
man your map looks so good

>>136565240
Mine don't even have levels, they are just calculated somewhere and pasted, for now

>>136567201
my game is nearly linear in its progress, but not entirely because of the sidequests.
>>
File: mjnlh-clothing concept.png (130KB, 445x725px) Image search: [Google]
mjnlh-clothing concept.png
130KB, 445x725px
>>136563684
Now with clothing concept.
>>
>>136567237
How 'bout that subchan guyz?
>>
>Still hasn't added the Season Pass DLC I posted to the OP.
But why?

https://mega.nz/#!Yo5AlLxZ!yzS3PMn144EGsj9LMnXeaaJ_ZxyTGgbIvFf3Y4Z0YRw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCXl9hrhyow

newest Yanfly tips & tricks

>>136565356
WHY IS IT SO PRETTY!?
>>
I'm bored.
>>
>>136571524
just like make game
>>
How many game projects have you anons started?
What level of completion did you reach on each one before quitting?
>>
Is the Luna Engine worth it?
>>
>>136572950
Around 10, finished 2.

If you count things made outside of RPG Maker, Around 18, finished 6
>>
File: claytower.png (499KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
claytower.png
499KB, 1024x768px
>>136572950
At least a dozen. I've tended to find that the quicker I can get things into the actual game and actually playable, the more likely something coherent will come of it. Just making graphics or maps without dealing with any of the mechanics behind all of that is a death sentence.
>>
>>136572950
Too many projects to count, around 10% of each completed.
>>
What's the maximum # of skills, items, and states I can have?
>>
>>136577204
What version?
>>
>>136579646
ace

I heard 2k3 had limits and thought ace could have them too, but not as obvious
>>
>>136579726
>Increase the numbers to ridiculous amounts
>Lower them until the game stops crashing
Fix'd
>>
I have like one week of heavy work where I can't do Rpgm stuff and you guys die like 5 times wtf
>>
File: IMG_20160326_183016.jpg (863KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326_183016.jpg
863KB, 1536x2048px
So i'm new to this board and type of thread.
and i just got rpg maker, i'm completely new to it.
so any tips you guys can give me?
it's not as easy as i thought.
>>
File: Mjnlh-concept2.png (198KB, 461x737px) Image search: [Google]
Mjnlh-concept2.png
198KB, 461x737px
>>136582741
Go small. Make a ten to fifteen minute game. That's ten to fifteen minutes from start to finish, including dialogue, etc etc.

Learn how to do a little bit of everything and don't be afraid to experiment. Also, save often. Very often. All the time often. And then back it up. And then put that backup online.

Also ask us if you get stuck somewhere or can't figure out how to do a thing. There's quite a few oldhats in the thread who'd be willing to help you out.

>>136582719
Sorry was watching the VGAs.
>>
>>136582741
Don't spend too much time on graphics. Before you know it you have spend 1 month on how a character looks but you ain't got no levels to play in.
>>
>>136583203
My life now.
>>
So uh... does anyone know where that ship tileset for MV that was posted in the last thread comes from?
>>
File: killerrobot.png (453KB, 1024x1024px)
killerrobot.png
453KB, 1024x1024px
You have ideas you've been sitting on for a while, right? Is there any particular reason you haven't tried realizing those ideas yet?
>>
>>136582741
Once you get the maker how you like it, save it as a separate project and keep it in a safe location. I tweaked the hell out of XP and I have no intention of using it stock ever again (C is Confirm instead of Z, Q and W act as L and R buttons leaving a giant space between useful keys. If someone wants to play my game on a controller they're crazy)
>>
>>136589269
I'm actually out of ideas and as soon as I shit one out I dump it in the project. Just implemented it to the game fully.

Need more weapon and armor ideas.
>>
>>136583108
well i have a problem now.
in the the edit event i inserted a character from damage cause they looked like there sleeping over a bed and when is playtest and talk to the character, the character turns into another damaged/sleeping character. but then turns back into the inserted character, after talking to how do i fix this?
>>
>>136594517
i also want the character to wake up and move to an area, later join my party, but not be involved in combat
>>
>>136594517
There should be an option to prevent the event you're talking to from rotating to face you. It's often abused to fit more objects onto a tileset
>>
I have a few questions for you all.

1. If I plan on not using the Luck parameter for anything, is it okay to remove it via scripts? I'd rather just have skills have a certain % chance to apply a status effect instead of having it based on Luck as well.
2. If I set my characters' AGI to 1 point above every other enemy in the game's, would they all always move first before the enemies each turn, or is there a hidden factor that would still randomly make the enemies move first occasionally?
3. Is there a way to get rid of the % chance of surprise attacks and preemptive strikes?
4. How do I remove AGI and LUK from being displayed in the menus (not removed from the game, just removed from sight)?

VX Ace is what I'm using. I ask because I don't want to use AGI or LUK in my game and would like to just remove them from the menu. I also always want my main party to act first.
>>
>>136597097
>If I plan on not using the Luck parameter for anything, is it okay to remove it via scripts?
Why not? If you do, I would recommend giving everyone 1 Luck or 100 Luck or something as a baseline

>If I set my characters' AGI to 1 point above every other enemy in the game's, would they all always move first before the enemies each turn, or is there a hidden factor that would still randomly make the enemies move first occasionally?
The PS1 version has a little random variance. I assume later versions are the same

>Is there a way to get rid of the % chance of surprise attacks and preemptive strikes?
Depends on the version. Dig into the scripts and see where it tries to roll for Surprise Attacks

>How do I remove AGI and LUK from being displayed in the menus (not removed from the game, just removed from sight)?
As above, just dig through the scripts. I've been messing with XP and once you know what you're looking for, its easy to adjust
>>
>>136596054
Direction Fix. On Event Page.
>>
>>136598365
If I knew how to dig through scripts, I probably wouldn't be asking. I suppose the first question was kind of redundant because of the 4th question I asked.
I guess I'll also ask if there's a way to remove the random variance for turn order if it's there.
What if I set party AGI to 9999 and enemy AGI to 1? Would there still be random variance? Since I don't have plans to make AGI visible, as per question 4, it'd work for me if it guarantees 100% chance of going first.
>>
>>136605145
The variance is a small percentage, so setting the player to 100 and the enemy to 1 would basically negate the problem.

With such a high AGI, the likelihood of being Surprise Attacked would be almost zero, anyhow, so there may not be a need to remove it. Keep in mind that Event Battles will never have surprise attacks for either side.
>>
bump bump
>>
Do you work better with or without chemicals (medication, alcohol, weed, etc)?
>>
Anyone knows how I can make it so a character copies and returns the abiliity it stole/countered if it's made of fire?

>>136610472
Never tried any of those before I'm hight on life xddd
>>
>>136610472
I take aniracetam, centrophenoxine, ALCAR, caffeine, and L-theanine in the morning. Piracetam in the afternoon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (450KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
450KB, 1366x768px
>>136599818
yeah this is kinda driving me crazy, i don't know where i how to get this character from not glitching into another character that i didn't even assign, she, just transforms into this red haired douche everytime i talk to her in the playtest.
>>
File: temp.png (1MB, 2822x652px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
1MB, 2822x652px
>>136612774
>>
>>136613582
ok thanks.
i thought you had to do it on Autonomous movement or contents
>>
>>136564806
>Can anyone recommend some good RPGM games?
I was pretty impressed with A Blurred Line when I played it, but that was a long time ago, so take that with a grain of salt. Might be worth trying, though, even if it's unfinished (and ends just as the story starts picking up).

I thought the general combat balance needed work and the (partly stolen) assets were a mixed bag, but it was an interesting game with a lot of clever elements and impressive cutscenes. At least, that's what I thought at the time.
>>
Is there a way to have smart AI for guests party characters similar to how there's smart AI for enemies with Yanfly's script?

I'm very bad at searching apparently.
>>
>That feel when nobody ever responds to your questions in these threads.

Why do you all hate me so? ;_;
>>
>>136572950
Excluding projects I "started" by poking around in the editor for a bit before abandoning...

Five. Two of those I finished, which wouldn't be such a bad record... except they were trash that I forced myself to make over a couple of days just to prove I could. I have yet to finish a proper game, even a short one.

>>136589269
Oh, I have a ton. Some of them might actually be good. But I have problems with finishing anything, so...

...Also many of them would require custom assets that I don't have the skill to make, which puts a damper on my enthusiasm.
>>
So, I've been looking at the pre-Playstation RPG Makers, and I've been feeling a strange desire to make something with them. No idea why.

For those around who still use them, why do you do it? Nostalgia? The challenge?
>>
>>136618678
yeah i get that feeling too on some other board
>>
>>136622249
speaking of playstation, i had this thought once, that what if i was to find a couple playstation memory cards that have rpg maker save files, and i was to check out whatever the hell was put on it by its previous owner?
i can only imagine the shit that was saved in those cards.
>>
TELL ME BIG DIFFERENCES BETWEEN RPG MAKER VERSIONS
HERE'S WHAT I ALREADY KNOW

>XP
-the one I'm most familiar with

>VX Ace
-smaller resolution
-don't get to choose your own layers while mapping

>MV
-Java instead of Ruby
>>
>>136624576

http://rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_MV

just about right with ace, except with a less robust (ie: shitty) mapping tool compared to xp. You can choose parallax for all your fancy needs without worrying about making 200 picture event tiles to make shit layering upon each other, but it's still a lot of work.

Otherwise, Ace has a lot of good scripts and resources for you if you don't want to wait for mv's community to churn out resources or make your own.
>>
>>136618678
When I ignore questions, it's usually because I don't know the answer or how to find it.

If you've asked something here that you want answered, though, point it out and I'll see if I can help. I'm not doing much tonight.
>>
Where are the MV games. I wanna play an MV game!
>>
File: best.jpg (375KB, 757x939px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
375KB, 757x939px
>>
>>136630380
Oh fuck, I completely forgot about this.
>>
>>136630380
>>136630653
Man, I loved that game. I was actually working on a prequel back in the day, but of course I got too ambitious with it and never finished it.
>>
no die
>>
Okay fine I'll bump this thread one more time before I sleep, but no more

Let's talk about RPG Maker 3. Y'know, the PS2 one. Did anyone else here get it around release? I remember being pretty disappointed, thinking it had some neat features, but way too many quirks and limitations. Especially compared to RPG Maker 2. I had some ideas for it, but in the end, I never seriously tried to make anything.
>>
>>136639403
Had a cube, so no.

Would have been fun to try rpg maker atleast on pc back in the day, I didn't use it until 2015. even worse I'm 22 might be 2latte now
>>
>>136639403
I got it a bit after release. Only barely got to mess with it for two days before my brother left the disc out and ended up destroying it.
>>
>>136622249
I've stuck with the PS1 version for a number of reasons

>I didn't quite 'get' the PC RPGMs when I was younger. The menu and input scheme for PS1 were extremely familiar.

>As an aspiring dev, I was vulnerable to feature creep and a simple system (two tilesets, no scripts, limited custom assets) kept me on task

>Because it had no scripts, taught me lots of event-fu

I'll definitely be moving off of it for my next project, but it was fun. There are some things in DtD that I don't think have ever been done with events. I'm also able to trust myself not to jump on any new feature/script I see and try to shoehorn it into a game. And if there's more than one type of grass, I'm now sure that picking one which to use won't be an agonizing decision.
>>
How's everyones projecting chugging along?

I just began what I thought was my first project but realized I had an Ace project cloud saved. Really funny. I didn't remember anything about it when I played through what content I finished. My now second project will be a remake of the first but in MV

Bump
>>
>>136648210
Also, would anyone like to play a demo when it's finished (^:
>>
>>136648210
Stopped working on it, instead doing sprite for it.

If good enough I can sell the sprites as a pack, even if the game itself is a collection of old tabletop adventures and as such, can't be used for profit.
>>
>>136648318
that's the spirit
>>
>>136648210
projects on the back burner indefinitely since my partner is dealing with some shit and I don't want to rush him on art and writing since it's his pet story

been working on a rhythm game in game maker, so no rpgm progress to post unfortunately
>>
What do you guys think about gaining experience depending on your level in relationship to the opponent's?

Does it make balancing easier?
>>
>>136654025
It makes balancing a large cast easier. Suikoden had proportional scaling so characters you never used (but were suddenly forced to use) would catch up really quickly to the rest of the cast. If you want to prevent grinding on weak enemies I'd recommend it
>>
FLYING BUMPARU~!
>>
What's your game's backstory, /rpgm/?
>>
>>136659167
You (playing as yourself) are a one-of-a-kind creature born from nothing into a strange world where you find treasure with the help of ghost butterflies.
>>
>>136659167
It's simple and generic, then people who are too genre-savvy for their own good try to break it. It doesn't end well
>>
>>136659167
A focus on trivial problems while the world outside falls apart right into your lap.
>>
File: 1406678912879.png (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1406678912879.png
46KB, 300x300px
>>136659167
Uh. Well, there are 6 different animals(a rooster, a snake, a cat, a monkey, a cow, and a rabbit) you start out with that become human during the intro, and you get to choose through a personality quiz which character's story you go through. Currently working on the rooster's path, he's a lady killer- hen killer that is- that happened upon a farm run by a single, friendly, reasonable farmer who took a liking to him immediately.

There are also 6 main antagonists, whose backstory is that they're scientists who mined resources from the Earth's core, irreparably damaging it, in order to colonize the Moon and make it into a new world, in order to escape a massively chaotic extraterrestrial being that was found to be heading for Earth. Now they changed their mind and are trying to combine 6 human essences(don't ask) to gain the power to stop this being. The game obviously takes place on this new Moon.

I'm making the game I want to play, not the game anyone else wants to play.
>>
File: alter-mask.png (798KB, 1283x719px) Image search: [Google]
alter-mask.png
798KB, 1283x719px
>>136659167
Nearly a century into the future the world's still recovering from the Global Climate Crisis. In these dire times the games industry is thriving as people all over the globe escape from their bleak reality.

A New Korean firm is about to roll out its new MMO, 'Project DiM'. Coupled with the launch of their company's Head Mounted Display people, they announce the MMO is to help 'rebuild the world' - a massive simulation of an alternate Earth driven by the collective consciousness of all those playing. This brought heavy criticism from the Humanity First activist group who have relentlessly campaigned against the company launching products which 'steal people's lives in exchange for false realities'.

To show their new MMO and hardware is safe for public consumption, MerCo Industries has outsourced their testing to Mobius SoftWorks. With only weeks to go before the product's launch, pressure is high for Mobius to complete their first human-piloted test. Glitches, strange behavior from the device, and constant patches to the game plague their attempts and soon the time comes for the first human-driven test of the game.

Indigo, lead game tester at Mobius SoftWorks LLC., hurries to her workplace after accidentally spending a bit too much time in an MMO. When she arrives, she finds the building abandoned despite this critical test being scheduled to have begun 30 minutes ago. Putting these concerns aside, fearing she'll be fired if she doesn't do the test anyway, she straps on the headset and starts it up. Everything seems to be going smoothly, but the more she plays the more she notices strange quirks of the simulation - objects moving regardless of whether she saved the gamedata or not, vague and odd memories, and so on. And then it happens.
>>
How do I go about making a sewer level? Just a bunch of small canals with water?
>>
>>136659167
only a virgin can defeat the evil
that's it
>>
>>136666118
Look up sewers of video games.
>>
>>136666118
Usually sewers are maze-like and wind around a lot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34fvPyUn10E

Newest Yanfly plugin is pretty nifty. You can do so many neat things with it
>>
Monster Tower Anon here. I'm retweaking Monster Tower, in lieu of Monster Tower II's near completion. When Tower II is finished, I'll release it along with the first game's revision.
>>
From 1 to 10, how "blank slate" is your main character?
>>
>>136666516
I'll do that, as well as play some games with sewer levels in them. Thanks.

>>136667738
>mazes
I that having just a bunch of maze like sewers would make them quite bland and more of a chore to go through. Though I'll see how it turns out for me. Thanks.
>>
>>136673671
They don't have to necessarily be an actual maze. I just mean that there's often no 'straight path' from any one objective point to another in a game's sewers.
>>
>>136673930
O, makes sense. Well, I was planning on adding some puzzles in there that would make the player wander around a bit and maybe encounter a secret character. But I guess I'll take a look at some sewers in other games first, to get some inspiration.
>>
>>136659167
higher ups are causing a ruckus and one of them is not happy with it so you join him along with some other faggots to beat em. Your main character is a failed experiment and due to fear to you, the top dog orders the higher ups to go nuts.
>>
File: 1444532077175.png (199KB, 544x416px) Image search: [Google]
1444532077175.png
199KB, 544x416px
I can't. I just can't.

My laptop decided to die alongside all of my progress. So SWTHWT? Is officially dead. Fuck this gay earth. It kind of is my fault, seeing as I didn't make a backup somewhere so shame on me.

Anyway, I feel like making another game. But with my own tiles and sprites n' shit. Hopefully it'll mesh good with my cell shaded artwork.

Now, my question to you guys is, I still have VX Ace. Is there something MX has that VXA is sorely lacking in? Or will it not make a difference at all? I really don't want to learn about another program if it ain't worth it.
>>
>>136676018
Truly a shame lad. I have my project in dropbox in case something like that happens, so I can use different computers to work in it and to work with other 2 people.

We have to take turns inside the project but we can use an external copy to then drop the map in the project.

And about VXA, I still use it, but because I started my project when MV was just coming out with no yanfly scripts. Now MV has a tons of it and it uses the easier javascript too. Not sure if it's worth it right now though.
>>
>>136669036
Golden Sun, is that you?

Actually, how would you use this to make Golden Sun style field magic and puzzles? You could have the skills call common events, but how would you check what they're being used on and have the target respond appropriately?
>>
>>136676261
And they say memes aren't useful.
>>
File: 8.png (115KB, 392x764px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
115KB, 392x764px
Do you write dialogue on the fly?
I sometimes do that for npcs.
>>
>>136678282
absolutely yes
>>
>>136678282
pretty much 100% of the time so the dialogue doesn't feel stiff but rather more natural
>>
>>136678282
All of my dialog is written on the fly except for the really, really important stuff.
>>
>>136659167
Like 10 years before the game, a bunch of asteroids fell and rekt preety much the entire world.
It was originally gonna take place after a nuclear war but I figured it had been done too much already
>>
>>136676018
>>136670814
Nice to see you guys crawl back out of the woodwork.

RIP Sexy Dinner game
>>
>>136677978
memes are always there
>>
File: 1443868509678.jpg (414KB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1443868509678.jpg
414KB, 1840x3264px
>>136680925
It's okay, the next one will be mildly lewd as well. It's another project I've been planning on doing if I ever finished SWTHWT. It kind of has the same battle mechanics as well. It's based on
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearsome_critters

Will give moar details later.
>>
File: demopan.png (9KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
demopan.png
9KB, 430x300px
Post enemies from your game and what they do.

This man probably needs no introduction, it's demopan. He first offers to sell you a stout shako for 2 refined, which in my game translates to 800 autism bux.

If you don't the battle resumes, he can use his shield bash, crit you with his pan for the most part and shoot grenade pipes at you.

But if you buy his shit he will leave you alone and if you encounter him again he'll just praise your shako and leave.
>>
>>136665069
I like this one
>>
>>136680925
Kinda had to, /eagg/ is no more.
>>
>>136685516
what was eagg?
>>
File: wo3hgrab.jpg (95KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wo3hgrab.jpg
95KB, 800x450px
>>136685994
East Asian Genocide General, or Musou/Koei-Tecmo General. The threads spiraled down to
>Page 10
Koei desu and waifu shitwars.
>>
>>136686172
well we are in page 9 lmao
>>
>>136676018
I definitely prefer MV over VXA, if nothing else it's much easier to use, and the mapping, while still limited, is much better than VXA's.

Plus Yanfly is releasing plugins rapidfire-mode, together with most of the big script names, so as long as you're willing to do your own graphics there's pretty much no reason to not use it over VXA.
>>
UMP
>>
>>136676018
Yeah, that's a shame. It always takes losing everything on one project to start being serious about backing up stuff.

Bit late to ask now, but where were all the lewder scenes in your game? Never really came across any of them when I played through it.
>>
They still haven't fixed MV yet, have they?
>>
>>136692645
With the aid of some community scripts, it's fixed for me now.
>>
>>136692645
Fixed? It works fine. 1.1.0 fixed pretty much all the issues and 1.2.0 is supposed to have a bunch of nice new improvements. Not that 1.0.0 didn't work fine for the majority.
>>
>>136693190
They seriously just sat on their asses and made the community fix their game for them.
Well assuming we had the same issues, is it really okay to get my hopes up? Back when I tried it there was serious memory leaking problems and audio took forever to actually load/start up, and the only "fixes" I tried never actually worked.
>>
>>136693331
Yeah, the audio issues were solved via a caching plugin. The editor itself is also much more responsive now with sounds and music.

I think it's built in to the engine now. Dunno about the memory leak problems. Haven't had any crash related memory problems.
>>
>>136693320
Where is the 1.2.0 update log? I haven't seen any mention of it. What is changed?
>>
>>136648260
ME! I WILL PLAY IT!
>>
>>136697050
Hasn't been launched yet. Will include some performance tweaks and a 'secret special feature' which they haven't announced yet.
>>
File: Bonnie.png (44KB, 135x223px) Image search: [Google]
Bonnie.png
44KB, 135x223px
>>136682185
Isn't it from Team Fortress? Sorry if I'm being dumb, I do'nt really know the game's characters.
I'm really interested in knowing your game's setting. It looks weird, in a good way.

This one is Bonnie, a bunny-like brawler with flora related abilities. Her brother has been kidnapped for being fucking smart and useful for the evil emperor. She starts as an enemy, but becomes your ally as soon as you defeat her.
>>
>>136701248
yeh it's from tf2, from the videos made by users, where a demoman wearing that attire asks if he can sell you his stuff.

I also have the theme of having enemies (just a few bosses actually) joining you because they didn't know of the higher up plans until you beat the shit out of them because they are stubborn
>>
>>136659167
You inherit a restaurant from your estranged father who is said to have committed suicide. The restaurant is located on an island country that welcomes you with open arms. It turns out the country is in deep shit due to a recent monster outbreak and that your father was in incredible debt, which you have also now inherited. The only ways to pay it back and not become homeless are to help the government and develop a thriving restaurant.
>>
>>136665069
Put together an official Tumblr for the game's development. Feel free to grab on if you want to read/look at all the stuff that does and doesn't make it into the game.

http://dimafterhours.tumblr.com
>>
File: LightsOut3By2Solutions_1000.gif (7KB, 366x195px) Image search: [Google]
LightsOut3By2Solutions_1000.gif
7KB, 366x195px
How can I make pic related in RPG Maker? I can't find a way to create a common event that, when triggered, turns the self-switch of its adjacent events to A/B/C/D. Could anyone give me a hand, please?
>>
File: vskingcdi.png (34KB, 538x416px)
vskingcdi.png
34KB, 538x416px
Any attack ideas for this 2?

Here's what I got for now:

King:
-Sip wine
-Dinner blaster

Cdi link:
-Pit Book (it buuurns)
-Squadallah
-Morshu bombs

blocked the fighters because they're just inside joke shit no h8
>>
>>136711951
King
>Sony Vegas Keygen
>"I'll take the Triforce of Courage to protect me!"

Link
>Bomb some Dodongos
>Howabout A Kiss.. for Luck
>>
>>136713590
Man how could I forget sony vegas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bM2b5cfeZo

Everything sounds good except for the kiss, don't know what effect it should do
>>
My autism is making me procrastinate. I can't stand it. MV has shit tiles. All the interior tiles look like pure ass when they're against the wall. I remember there being a nice edit in VX where tiles actually looked normal. anyone else deal with this?

bump
>>
>>136714053
Charm, obviously.
>>
>>136716636
how did charm work again?
>>
>>136711951
Don't forget MAH BOI.

Maybe it's a buff for Link, or you could combine it with "This Peace is What All True Warriors Strive For" and have it make everyone immune to damage for a turn or something. I dunno.
>>
>>136711951
>Eat an octorok
>>
Importing new assets to the MV generator is such a pain.
>>
File: suchapain.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px)
suchapain.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>136726515
Is that you, Sloth?
>>
I really want to make an ARPG, but the current one for MV is too shitty. I'm thinking about switching to GM, which has an extensive tutorial on making an awesome ARPG, but I don't want to give up the RM-only graphical assets.
>>
>>136716961
It's basically confusion, except the restriction is set so that they only attack allies, I think.
>>
>>136562085
so how do you guys do the art for your games? do you make the game with placeholders and replace them all later? or do you do art first?
>>
>>136733373
Depends how crazy I'm feeling. Usually it's placeholders, sometimes it's full art if I feel really confident about something.
>>
>>136733373
I can't art, so I've never really thought about it. I just tend to stick with an RTP I like and make or acquire edits or similarly-styled resources if I need them (and can manage it).

If I could (and I'm hoping to learn), I'd probably use the RTP art as a placeholder, and gradually replace it with what I need. There's no way I could make all the art first. That would kill the project before I even started it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (787B, 96x24px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
787B, 96x24px
>>136733373
The only time I use placeholders is if I want to show a screenshot example here. Otherwise, I use the original art I made. It makes things less confusing for me.

Here's some slingshot icons I've made. Is anyone else currently working on icon sets?
>>
File: fairytrail1.png (391KB, 654x674px) Image search: [Google]
fairytrail1.png
391KB, 654x674px
A long time ago in the northeastern woods of North America, there lived a group of people known as the Lumberjacks. Their mission, besides hauling trees, was to protect the modern world from the threat of the fearsome critters, a group of supernatural creatures bent on devouring and destroying mankind. Through the years these fearsome critters were spoken of in folklore like the Sasquatch, the Jersey Devil, Mothman, etc. And with them came the saviors of the woods, the Lumberjack, that in secret, rid the Americas of these bloodthirsty demons.

You play as Sammy, a redheaded girl and apprentice of the senior Lumberjack, Finnegan. Together, you patrol Pine Barrens, New Jersey in an attempt to rid the forests of the Fearsome Critters.
>>
>>136733373
I have someone who just makes things look more spritey because she really likes doing that, but not much else.

I use tons of RTP for maps, don't kill me
>>
File: fairytrail2.png (526KB, 920x896px) Image search: [Google]
fairytrail2.png
526KB, 920x896px
The gameplay is still pretty much the same. (TP and HP; no MP or Experience points to earn) Like last time, there are no random encounters. Instead, you fight solely off of Event battles that are either hidden or story driven.

I'll be saving EVERYTHING on a thumbdrive or something so I won't be repeating my mistake.

Anyway, the girl is Sammy and the fat guy is Finnegan.
>>
File: FearsomeCritters1.png (702KB, 1248x856px) Image search: [Google]
FearsomeCritters1.png
702KB, 1248x856px
Last picture, showing some critters.

This is all concept art btw so things might change just a little bit.
>>
>>136736165
use dropbox m8, it handles versions of files in case you didn't like something or if it got corrupted, you can set it back if you need to.

I don't recommend github
>>
>>136736165
I like your art, it's pretty, hope it ends up in a great game
>>
>>136736835
Daw, I appreciate it.

>>136736487
Yes, this too.
>>
File: IconSet.png (102KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
IconSet.png
102KB, 512x640px
>>136734719
Yes, and I'm having tons of fun making them. The hard part, for me, is that each item will have a small and a big icon, but it's looking cool.
>>
>>136734719

>>136738521 here. Sorry, forgot to mention, but your icons look neat!
>>
File: IconSet.png (120KB, 384x936px)
IconSet.png
120KB, 384x936px
>>136738521
My icon set in all its shitty glory. Aka default shit plus a row with stuff from other games and stuff.

I can't draw for my life desu familia

>>136737329
so yeah use dropbox it really can't fail you.
>>
>>136736165
Sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing more.
>>
File: 1444013303538.png (8KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
1444013303538.png
8KB, 96x96px
>>136735468
Oh yeah I forgot. The game is called Fairy Trail. Still deciding on VXA or MV.
>>
>>136736165
>>136736430
how long have you been drawing?
>>
>>136742594
Do you have art assets like character sprites, faces and tiles? If so you could just stay with VXA. Otherwise you could attempt to use MV, which allows for mobile rpgs, which will get much more widespead
>>
File: 1407538672390.jpg (28KB, 458x288px) Image search: [Google]
1407538672390.jpg
28KB, 458x288px
I'm trying to use lunatic mode for Yanfly's Skill Core to make it so that one of my skills is only visible if under a certain state. So I have this code in the notetag:
<Custom Show Eval>
If (user.isStateAffected(18)) {
visible = true;
} else {
visible = false;
}
</Custom Show Eval>

But I continuously get this error:
>Syntax Error
>Unexpected token {

What the fuck do I do? Why does Javascript have to be so fucking obtuse?
>>
>>136743941
shouldn't if go on lower case?
>>
>There's a 4th Space Funeral coming out
>With graphics that don't look awful
I'm not sure how to feel about this.
The awful graphics are part of the fun.
>>
>>136743941
>>136744781
Never mind, I figured it out. One of my other skills using this code had an else statement followed by a line break and then an if statement, when I should've condensed them into an "else if" statement.
Apparently that gives an "Unexpected token {" error. Makes sense.
>>
MV question;

Is there any way to make the battler sprites animated? I want to make them have a simple 3-frame animation, but I'm drawing a complete blank here.
>>
>>136750706
Yanfly has animated battlers. Check his videos, one of his plugins lets you use a sideview battle character as an enemy.
>>
File: waddle.gif (2KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
waddle.gif
2KB, 64x64px
>>136750996
Oh, I must've missed that. I feel stupid, it's 4 am and I'm trying to learn from scratch.

Thanks, I'll be sure to look carefully over everything after I get some sleep. Can't wait to finally have animated enemies.
>>
>>136742594
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include the axe-headed cougars and weird tumbling snakes from Lumberjack lore in your game. I've been interested in it since I was 12, those were my favorite. I'm really glad to see someone making a game out of such a cool yet extremely unexplored lore (for video games at least.)
>>
What's the difficulty in making your own game?

Excluding art.
>>
>>136752146
General motivation.
>>
>>136752181
Ok, say I want simple low digits, mazes, and stat altering equipment.

Would I need a lotta maths or a little maths
>>
>>136752280
Little.
And even with this you're underestimating my lack of motivation.
>>
>>136752352
oh shit. Can't wait till my laptop come sin. Gonna pirate all the shit.

I think I'll just get a feel for it using an NES games assets and work from there.
>>
>>136752429
Good luck, anon.
>>
File: thanks.png (120KB, 268x466px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
120KB, 268x466px
>>136752507
and to you
>>
>>136673101
Very blank. Basically a Dragon Quest hero. He has a place in the plot, but he never speaks and is pretty generic looking.
>>
bump again
>>
How to introduce late playable characters in a way the player won't immediatly dump it in the reserve without even trying, because he is already attached to the starter set?
>>
>>136758463
Sex appeal.
>>
>>136758463
Make the moveset so strange the player is compelled to try it.
>>
>>136752146
Art is the easiest part since I'm an artist by trade, so I have to say time and dialogue. I always feel like I MUST DO MORE! But I don't have time. I also worry my dialogue sucks but that will just take time to streamline I guess.
>>
>>136752146
Having the time to stay motivated while trying not to burn out.
>>
>>136758463
Forced section where you have to use him in your party, either from lack of members or something like they're the only one who can open the start and end doors of the dungeon you need to go through.

There will be people that hate that, but that's really the easiest way to get someone to try a party member.
>>
>>136752146
Other than art, which is tough as nails for me because I'm studying for Software engineering, is coming up with enemies and their attacks. I sometimes need then to do something new. I already had to make the regular attack scaling lower so tapping Z is a weak option unless you intentionally power up your crit chance which still requires a bit of thought
>>
Another day, another day looking at this thread instead of working on a project.
>>
>>136758463
I pretty much enlarged the party count so you use everyone. Your party can be of six
>>
>>136767876
I'm on the bus, not much I can do here other than not miss my stop
>>
>>136768189
wanna talk on steam about ideas when you get home :(
>>
>>136768789
Why not here? Should keep the general alive.
>>
File: 1411803511067.jpg (979KB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1411803511067.jpg
979KB, 1600x2000px
>>136752146
>What's the difficulty in making your own game?
Making and filling up maps. I honestly suck dicks at it. My project was moving sanic fast while I was coding shit, once I started trying to make maps, I started slacking off really hard.
>>
>>136769491
How far along are you in your game?
>>
>>136758463
Not being caught up on small details that derail me, hard.
>>136769581
I really enjoy mapping, I'm a fan of less is more and utilizing small spaces.
>>
>>136770406
Half way consists on 2 early game bosses, 5 bosses, 3 big sidequest and a final boss.

Got all early game, a quest and 2 bosses with the area of the third boss.
>>
>>136770597
I meant that I'm halfway and the full game consists on the shit I said

>>136770496
Making places recognizable is probably the better choice
>>
What kind of spells should I give my Black Mage other than elemental attack spells and status inflicting spells?

My game only has 3 elements (4 if you count non-elemental attacks) and skills/spells scale in damage with your level so there's no need for a "Fira" or "Firaga" type spell system, so there's only need for 6 spells - 3 single-target and 3 multi-target. And status effects are dealt by a different character in the party.

So what else can I give her? Gimme some ideas.
>>
>>136770993
Does she have the all powerful non elemental attack that damages everyone and is powerful as fug? As A move you get much later
>>
>>136770496
>I really enjoy mapping, I'm a fan of less is more and utilizing small spaces.
I envy you, anon. I always try and make really spacious maps and end up wasting a lot of time fucking around with them to just end up realizing half a day later that I can't fill in all the blank spaces with stuff. I really wish I could find a helping hand with this stuff.
>>
>>136767198
seconding this
all extra party members in our project are forced in the group for a dungeon where they're relevant storywise and mechanically, before being demoted to normal party status

introduces them and gives you an opportunity to see them shine to win you over
>>
>>136770993
you could make unique targeting spells to differ the elements, like in etrian odyssey
fire did splash damage, ice did a column attack, and volt did a row attack
>>
we page one, boooooy. shieeet
>>
>>136770406
Still alive? How's Your game going?
>>
>>136772198
I could be your guy. Tell me about what you're trying to do.
>>
>>136772681
yeah, sorry. It's good. My first project was deleted somehow. I'm trying to make a 5 minute game or something small now though. There's virtually no combat though.
>>
>>136772882
Happened to the WT Dinner guy. Unless that's you there must be an RPG maker curse
>>
>>136772559
Skies of Arcadia did it first.
>>
File: more clothes.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
more clothes.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>136772717
Making a yuri and futa h-rpg, something among the lines of VH, MSE and D&P. With a bit more focus on exploration, rather than just constant fighting. I've pretty much made all the scripts for my game, aside from a few additional scripts, that I'll add along the way once I'm more finished with my game. Story wise, I've mostly been throwing around ideas back and forth, I don't want anything 2deep4you, but I also don't want it to be another bland fantasy story like ever other h-rpg, so I want to add some easter eggs, secret characters and events, some of which will have nothing to do with the h element.
>>
>>136773346
We will get full body picture that relates to what you are wearing right?

I'm gonna have to increase your project's budget tenfold
>>
>>136773039
yeah I saw that too, I had a most of my maps done, and then poof. It was horse shit. It happens though. Happen a lot to me in VX too.
>>
>>136743645
Since as long as I could remember. Probably since I was a little toddler.

>>136751579
Prepare to be pleasantly surprised.

>>136743682
Nope. Just art so far. I wasn't expecting to do this one yet for obvious reasons. I'll try MV out.
>>
>>136773083
oh, neat
haven't gotten around to playing it
>>
>>136773346
I really like that, it's pretty nifty. Is there an octopus?
>>
File: 1457924475011.jpg (40KB, 574x574px)
1457924475011.jpg
40KB, 574x574px
>>136752146
Trying to make the story not boring as nails. My things tend to have no story. Just episodic events that happen for no reason.
>>
>>136773576
>We will get full body picture that relates to what you are wearing right?
Yes, I already have the main heroine portrait drawn and a few different poses and a few sets of clothing, that you can change and combine how you want. Though I still need to draw some more, as well as add armor degradation, both in code and visually.
>I'm gonna have to increase your project's budget tenfold
Hah, thanks. Though I'm not sure that my work deserves any actual money, at least so far.

>>136773749
>I really like that, it's pretty nifty.
Thanks.
>Is there an octopus?
What do you mean?

>>136773785
>Trying to make the story not boring as nails.
I noticed that a lot of the time if I'm not trying to over complicate a general idea, then it comes out more or less well.
>>
>>136774330
That's good

0 times 10 is still 0. huhauahua
>>
>>136774330
an octopus that someone fucks.
>>
File: 1421629320423.jpg (324KB, 1253x1112px)
1421629320423.jpg
324KB, 1253x1112px
>>136774413
>0 times 10 is still 0. huhauahua
Kek. ;_;

>>136774783
Well, I haven't thought about octopuses, but tentacle monsters are definitely something that I'll be adding into the game. As well as tentacle traps. Having an octopus is actually also a pretty interesting idea, just need to think about how to get the player next to or inside the water.
>>
>>136774783
But that's lewd.

>>136774413
So what is your game about meme? I've seen you post a bunch of stuff already but I'm confused about what you're actually trying to make.
>>
>>136774994
>water
Nigga just make a mindflayer. Like those things in Demon's Souls.
>>
>>136774995
since it's more about inside jokes of a group I'd rather not say the details, but you're some random, generic dude that's entirely white (similar to the PC master race muscle guy, actually) that gets banned and needs to see what the fuck's going on, meeting an admin, 2 shitposters and 2 other crazy bastards in order to take down some admins.

I'm not the only one working on it but I work alot on it. Mostly doing it to learn the basics of making an RPG and getting feedback from many people so when I make my next one I have some bases.

>>136774994
We do it for the thrill, not the money. That might come later if we're good at it
>>
File: 1448785698625.png (301KB, 729x470px)
1448785698625.png
301KB, 729x470px
>>136775414
Uhh okay? Well whatever it is, it better have Skooks.
>>
File: 1336578085118.jpg (511KB, 1280x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1336578085118.jpg
511KB, 1280x1201px
>>136775139
>mindflayer
That's actually a good idea. Thanks.
What I was thinking about before was having some sort of event where the main heroine jumps into water and depending on what RNG rolls, the heroine would either get raped or would get some sort of item, from "deep sea exploration" could also add some sort of minigame to that.

>>136775414
>We do it for the thrill, not the money.
That's true. My main reason why I picked up drawing and started making my own h-game is because there's very little h-games that are focused on yuri/futa. Most of them are focused on fat faceless guys fucking the girl, which just isn't my thing, to be honest.

>That might come later if we're good at it
That's also true.
>>
>>136775631
might release a demo since I'm not getting enough feedback from the current testers
>>
And now there's an ARG for DiM: AH. Because apparently that's what I feel like I should be doing.
>>
>>136775631
I regret searching for skooks on google images. Those nipples, yuck
>>
Ded again
>>
What would your characters do for fun at a stereotypical Japanese festival? Watch the fireworks? Play crappy carnival games? Eat los of food?
>>
>>136777331
No not google images! On Youtube. The misadventures of Skooks.
>>
>>136752146
Actually making it instead of doing something else because I have anxiety about other aspects of my life.

>>136782186
Collect souvenirs, of course.
>>
>>136782186
There's always fucking your special someone against a tree during the fireworks.

I want to attach a picture related to the Japanese penis festival, but I can't because I'm at work.
>>
I installed MV from the OP, and I've been fiddling around with it, learning how to use it. I love the hell out of it, it's so much nicer than VX Ace. Although, I hit a snag; I can't open VX Ace anymore because it asks for an activation code.

I'm not going to use VX ace anymore, but I had some code in there that I didn't write down anywhere else. Is there a way for me to get what I had without finding an activation key/crack?
>>
>>136782186
Pick fights with the locals.
>>
is there any difference between the trial crack and the full game?
>>
>>136788331
I imagine there wouldn't be. Don't know though.
>>
What is a good size (in pixel) for sv_battlers? Assuming a proportional human size instead of the fucking chibi ones. And a 5 man party.
>>
I'm bored.
>>
>>136792549
Me too.

Hey, wanna share dick pics?
>>
>>136792990
Das gay
>>
>>136794250
Nuh uh.
>>
File: phlanemenies2x.png (9KB, 204x708px) Image search: [Google]
phlanemenies2x.png
9KB, 204x708px
Post enemies.
>>
File: images (26).jpg (14KB, 461x319px) Image search: [Google]
images (26).jpg
14KB, 461x319px
>>136795161
You're a wuz uh huhuhuhu yyeaaah
>>
File: Untitled.png (1KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1KB, 120x120px
>>136795673
I showed this one awhile ago. It's a somewhat clueless animate flower.
>>
File: malicious gourd.png (15KB, 544x304px) Image search: [Google]
malicious gourd.png
15KB, 544x304px
>>136795673
those are really cool man, loving the realistic details
here's a pumpkin
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 300x300px
>>136795673
Oops. Hit submit too soon. I was going to say that your enemies look really cool! :)

I have one robot guy made. It's not as skillfully detailed as your robots, but it's the best I can do which is fine with me.
>>
File: Enemies.png (4KB, 346x78px) Image search: [Google]
Enemies.png
4KB, 346x78px
>>136795673
Here are some enemies for my game
>>
>>136784981
Code as in Ruby scripts? There's a way to extract them. If that's what you want, I'll try to put out a guide or something.
>>
File: unspecified.png (20KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.png
20KB, 200x300px
>>136795673
>>
>>136797718
Man, Gamefreak really dropped the ball with gen 7 designs..
>>
Hey /rpgmg/, explain your game in ten words or less.
>>
>>136801537
Tits, dicks, vag, ass, lips, tentacles, rape, lolis, murder, ice cream
>>
>>136801859
1. Lewd
2. That's 11 words
>>
>>136802180
Nuh uh
>>
>>136801537
Do you like 4th-wallbreaks an dispair? Welcome abaord!
>>
>>136801537
Old AD&D modules translated to MV without the cute atmosphere of the engine.
>>
>>136801537
Do you bitches love role-playing games? Hell yeah, you do!
>>
>>136801537
You talk to butterflies and search for hundreds of treasures.
>>
>>136801537
Locals missing, mole people explore, robots appear suddenly, space bees.
>>
>>136801537
Hey kids, do you like boring RPGs? Look no further!
>>
File: forest room.png (565KB, 1600x704px) Image search: [Google]
forest room.png
565KB, 1600x704px
>spend 30+ minutes designing one room in my dungeon
>"this actually looks pretty cool, I should screenshot it"
>painstakingly take 12 different screenshots
>"ok, time to piece them together in GIMP!"
>exit out of my emulator without saving

Kill me senpai. Anyways, here's the room in question (there's a couple things I'm going to change based on this second look, but you get the gist). I wanted to make something like the Forest Temple in OoT by mixing indoor and outdoor parts; I think I did a good job considering what I had to work with. I have yet to add any actors, but I know that the entrance will be at the green dot, the exit at the red dot, and treasure chests at the blue dots. So, any thoughts?
>>
>>136814272
lol
>>
>>136814272
Forgot to add my name (this was made in RPG Maker 2)

>>136815067
I hope you're laughing at my story anon, pls no bully ;__;

Seriously though, I'm open for critique if you have any.
>>
>>136705347
>pic
it's arm looks like it's tenta-dick at first glance
>>
>>136773346
Oh hey, I think I remember offering you music. Your avatar was franken fran, right?
>>
File: Robbie1.png (742B, 32x60px)
Robbie1.png
742B, 32x60px
>>136801537
Robot learns mass production does not prohibit individuality, starts quest.
>>
>>136815386
The room looks good albeit a little confusing to look at but that's usually what a maze is anyway.

And yeah I was laughing at your misfortune. You have to learn to let it go though. Like that poor faggot that lost his entire game.

LOOOOOOOL
>>
File: 1459204554030.png (650KB, 1600x704px)
1459204554030.png
650KB, 1600x704px
>>136814272
Here's some critique I have.

First, the tileset is good looking. I know nothing about 2, so I don't know if this is RTP or if you made it, but it's good looking. The layout is good too. I look forward to seeing this full of scenery.

I've attached the picture and color-coded some things I noticed.
Blue: The way it's set up makes it seem like you should be able to walk through the gaps between buildings, and based on what I know about RPGM tiling, that probably isn't the case. If you are able to walk between buildings, then nevermind.
Red: From a construction standpoint, these walls seem incorrect. They should be fused together as one wall.
Green: I don't know if there's more map to this zone, but these entryways lead to what I assume is nothing otherwise. Add some blockades.

Again, I know nothing about 2 so my critiques may be inaccurate. A Forest Temple-style zone does sound cool, though :)
>>
>>136816135
Now that I think about it, it is a bit confusing for being the second dungeon in the game. However, my game is semi-open world, so I can just make one of the next dungeons easier than this one. And it wasn't a huge time loss thanks to having made the accompanying picture.

>>136816902
RPG Maker 2 is entirely RTP, as it was made for the Super Famicom; technically I could do some graphical hacks to change scenery, but I don't plan on doing so. Anyways, thanks for pointing of those problems to me. I've already changed the green things when I remade the room, though the blue and red things didn't cross my mind. I don't think I can fuse together the red walls, as I'm very limited with my tilesets, but I can probably do that with the blue walls (which you are not suppose to walk through).
>>
>>136801537
nonexistent.
>>
>>136801537
I can't think of any words to describe my game.
>>
Someone give me a description of a monster and I'll draw it
>>
>>136789827
I'm not speaking from experience (I've never really seen realistic Rpg Maker side view battlers), but if I were you, I'd start with double the height of the standard battlers and see how that works. That seems like it might be good.

I'm not sure that would leave you with enough room, but with scripts to change the resolution, it might work out.
>>
>>136801537
Cheesy superheroes fight comically petty villains because reasons.
>>
>>136818541
hell mecha
>>
>>136801537
first project, only one punch is needed
>>
>>136801537
Your most trusted party member wants to destroy the world.
>>
>>136789827
http://p3x774.web.fc2.com/
This might be helpful to you.
>>
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00961261948640861729
Crack for RMMV 1.1.0 web version. If you want to run it from a clean install, download the trial version, extract the exe to the install directory, and run it.
>>
>>136565356
new to rpg maker, how'd you make this?
>>
I'm bored.
>>
>>136818541
Look up "Melon head" on Google. Draw me something based on it.

Pls
>>
>>136822991
thx op i cum on cat he hiss at penis |
>>
>>136818541
Bear Knight
>>
File: 1458677568337.jpg (13KB, 640x480px)
1458677568337.jpg
13KB, 640x480px
Also, does anyone know what type of music genre Cotten Eye Joe is? I need to know for research!
>>
>>136831769
Folk? Bluegrass?
>>
>>136829989
Remember to save as 4chan.j{CARRIER LOST}
>>
File: Untitled.png (742B, 96x24px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
742B, 96x24px
A little more info. about my game and a bump for the thread.

My game focuses on finding treasure. Each treasure piece will have some significance in the game, such as unlocking secret rooms and bosses. Pic related is all the treasure involved in the main story line. You find them all and use them to open a door to the end boss.

I plan on having 250 unique treasures to collect.
>>
>finally open vx after weeks of it just sitting there
it's so intimidating and scary
>>
>>136837731
When you program 4000 lines of code in java nothing is scary anymore
>>
File: very shitty start.jpg (535KB, 816x624px) Image search: [Google]
very shitty start.jpg
535KB, 816x624px
Grass is fucking hard to make, what the hell.

I have the story written down and run past a literature major for grammar errors, I'm dedicating time to making ALL of the art assets from scratch (pic slightly related, just testing right now), and I'm hoping to learn how to make music so I don't need royalty free stuff. The biggest thing slowing me down is FUCKING GRASS. I can't make it look good at all. I just want simple grass, somewhat like pokemon games from the DS, and I've gotten on the right track, but I just can't get it to look right.

Anyone have tips on grass? I'm already looking at all the google tutorials, but I'd like some tips from people who can respond.
>>
>>136842941
jpg
>>
>>136843715
png
>>
>>136839224
I dunno man, that grass looks okay. Maybe try making it so the grass tiles diagonally? Like the 5 side of a die?
>>
File: Critters2.png (202KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
Critters2.png
202KB, 665x665px
Still working on getting that MV. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, more concept art to fill up the thread with some content.
>>
File: Hodag.png (442KB, 894x614px) Image search: [Google]
Hodag.png
442KB, 894x614px
>>136846036
I'm also thinking about doing sideview instead of the usual front. Could be neat to try. If I don't like it then I'll go back to the Earthbound one.
>>
File: mothman.png (397KB, 896x736px) Image search: [Google]
mothman.png
397KB, 896x736px
>>136846308
Mothman is a friendly NPC. He may join you at some point. Maybe..
>>
File: fairytrail3.png (290KB, 534x696px) Image search: [Google]
fairytrail3.png
290KB, 534x696px
>>136846543
Last one. Taking a swim in the river rapids!? It's probably full of leeches!
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (4KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
4KB, 192x192px
>>136845743
Like this?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
R8 my new battle music, if you please.
https://soundcloud.com/dr-doomsday/shining-star
>>
File: Untitled.png (1KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1KB, 128x128px
>>136839224
Here's a picture zoomed in of the grass tile I personally made. It uses only three shades of green total and a bunch of two-pixel lines scattered about. I'll agree that grass is hard to get perfect, and you want it perfect since there's a good chance your game has more of it than anything else. Mine does, anyways :P

BTW, I appreciate that you're willing to make all your own assets and are even trying to make music. I'm currently playing with a digital piano and thinking up melodies and some songs (some with lyrics, even, especially boss themes). Making your own assets will allow you to appreciate your creation more. I wish you good luck :)
>>
>>136849670
Really digging it, that's got a hell of a groove going. It's not overbearing, but it's not soft either. How are you incorporating it? Sounds like some kind of space fight.

>>136849852
Either my eyes are fucking with me or that placement is perfect, but it looks like the light blades are tilted. That's a pretty cool effect.

When I say I'm going to make music, I mean "I have no fucking clue what to do", since the only time I made music was in a mandatory band class where I was unfortunately forced to play a clarinet (I have asthma, and it was bad back then). I'm tone deaf, but I'll figure something out. Good luck to you as well.
>>
>>136788331
The trial doesn't come with the "Base Resource" folder, I think, which contains a lot of base assets that aren't transferred into projects by default.
>>
File: Sprag3.png (2KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sprag3.png
2KB, 144x192px
>>136852210
Well, it's a game about robots, so...
>>
>>136852210
I got a keyboard this last Christmas. The first time I've ever touched a keyboard was this last Christmas. If you want to do it enough, you'll figure out what to do in due time :)
>>
File: 1387521385098.jpg (53KB, 300x562px)
1387521385098.jpg
53KB, 300x562px
>>136853156
>The first time I've ever touched a keyboard was this last Christmas.
>>
>>136854184
>>136853156
Digital keyboard, not computer keyboard, if that wasn't clear x_x
I always either call it a digital piano or a keyboard. My mistake. If that's not what the response is for, then I don't get it :P
>>
File: 1374909005851.jpg (57KB, 443x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1374909005851.jpg
57KB, 443x1064px
>>136854184
>>
>>136846774
How lewd is your game going to be?
>>
File: _20160223_012427.jpg (10KB, 182x164px)
_20160223_012427.jpg
10KB, 182x164px
>>136855012
Honestly, I have no idea. How lewd do you guys want it to be?
>>
https://soundcloud.com/user-651347531/crappyfirst-piccolo-flute01

I don't know what the flying fuck I was thinking when I made this, but this is the first piece of music I've ever made. Three second loop, using a flute and piccolo.

I seriously have no idea how to make music.
>>
Hey fellow anons, I need your help.

I reformatted my PC and reinstalled MV. The reinstall went good, but now whenever I do a test play, it takes forever for the RPG Maker project to finish loading. There's like a couple of seconds of white screen before it loads. This is without any plugins, too. This never happened before I reformatted.

Any ideas, anons? I'd really appreciate your help since I'm a total fucking noob when it comes to this stuff.
>>
>>136856415
Full on porn

But no seriously, it can be however you want it to be. Your art style is one that would work quite well with both lewd stuff or completely family friendly shit.
>>
>>136857494
>full on porn

Eh.. I already draw porn on a daily basis though. I think I'm just gonna mellow it out with a bunch of ecchi scenes and some implied lewd.

I'll post the porn on paheal. That way anons won't have to sit through the whole game to jerk it. I always found that annoying in games, when I could just look up some porn for free somewhere else. I hope that makes sense.
>>
>>136856619
Interesting design. Now, expand upon it to give it a fuller sound. Layer some more instruments onto the pile.
>>
>>136856415
>>136858039
I'm biased towards games with ecchi and implied lewd, I admit, but, y'know. It's your game and all that. Whatever you end up deciding to do with it.

It looks interesting either way, so I'll be checking it out.
>>
>>136858039
That sounds fine, looking forward to your game regardless.
>>
>>136801537

Your dad sent you to earth to die
>>
>>136801537
You died.
You are then summoned by a witch.
Yes.
>>
>>136801537
Use lumberjack tools to destroy innocent creatures as qt grill
>>
File: yvBwAp9.png (515KB, 1000x321px) Image search: [Google]
yvBwAp9.png
515KB, 1000x321px
Is the Season Pass DLC 2 available yet?

I want me those sexy 2000 RTP characters.
>>
>>136856850
I... have no idea. That's weird. Try reinstalling MV again, I guess?
>>
>>136861029
I reinstalled twice. I think I'm missing a redistribution package or something but I installed them all. :/
>>
Anyone have tips on proper music composition for someone who doesn't know a single bit of music? I've only ever been good at listening to music, not making it.
>>
>>136861475
The best advice I can offer is to ask the official forums then, if you can, sorry. This sounds like some technical issue mostly on your computer's end, but I have no idea how to help..
>>
>>136862254
Repetition is pretty. Dissonance is unsettling. You should always aim to convey a certain feeling with each song, depending on which part of the game it'll be associated with. Certain elements are more important in some themes than others. For instance, is your game light-hearted or more serious? You should write the battle theme accordingly. Above all though, said battle theme should be catchy and enjoyable, since that will be the song you hear most throughout the game.

My general rule when I'm composing music is, if it doesn't get stuck in my head, it's not good enough. Then again, I only have 7 followers on my Soundcloud with my former most popular music being shitty Ape Escape chiptune covers, so what do I know.
>>
Don't you die on me like my last dozen projects, /rpgm/
>>
>>136837731
Don't worry, anon. It's more scared of you than you are of it.
>>
dont you die on me
>>
Is there a custom/animated menu plugin for MV yet?
>>
File: 1454187675541.png (2MB, 1760x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1454187675541.png
2MB, 1760x1079px
>>136815772
>Oh hey, I think I remember offering you music.
Yeah, an anon on /v/ dev threads has offered me help with music.
>Your avatar was franken fran, right?
Nope, that wasn't me. I hadn't exchanged contact info with that anon, as of yet. I mostly said that I'd contact him when I'd be close to finishing a demo for the game. I said that back in January, I think, expecting that I'd quickly throw in some maps for my game demo and create some events and show it to someone, but I've been having problems with designing maps.
>>
>>136846036
Your art style is fuckin amazing man.

>>136866637
>tfw been super busy because boyfriend was here for a week
>behind on school work and game progress
>only want to work on game
I wish I could just be given money to sit and work on my game. Not as a job, but just enough to be able to have food and keep my apartment.
>>
Anyone know of a site with free sound effects?
>>
>>136860857
>Is the Season Pass DLC 2 available yet?

Wow, they're seriously doing Season Passes for *RPG Maker*?!
>>
Don't die
>>
File: Безымянный.png (77KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
77KB, 650x300px
How do I make it so that the player character can pass through this small portion of the wall? Presumably so that the character graphic walks under brick wall and not on top of it.
>>
>>136883051
Either use Yanfly's region restrictions plugin, or go into your tileset settings in the database, and set those top tiles to have entrances through the top and bottom and the side tiles to have entrances through the left and right.
>>
>>136883219
>set those top tiles to have entrances through the top and bottom and the side tiles to have entrances through the left and right
Didn't know you could do that with auto tiles. Guess I'll try that then, thanks.
>>
>>136883051
You used to be able to put that kind of stuff on a higher layer in the rpg maker. I think they took that away for the newer versions. You could still use the events as another layer though. Just make each tile an event that is above the player.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-29+at+04.44.51).jpg (121KB, 646x509px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-29+at+04.44.51).jpg
121KB, 646x509px
>>136883987
>I think they took that away for the newer versions.
I never understood why developers love to cut stuff out or fix that which is not broken.
>You could still use the events as another layer though. Just make each tile an event that is above the player.
I tried that earlier, but the problem is that auto tile positioning is a bit different than regular tile positioning. I guess I could try fiddling around with the tiles and events, but I thought that maybe someone might know an easier solution to this.
Still, thanks.
>>
>>136885037
try putting a ! infront of the event graphic's name, i.e. "!roof.png". should fix the offset.
>>
>>136886652
O snap, it fixed that. Thanks a lot, anon. Gonna need to read upon those filename symbols and what they do then.
>>
Is there a crack for 1.1 yet?
>>
>>136822991

>>136888719
>>
>>136562085

Is there a tutorial in the RPG Maker application? It seems like the help files don't list it on a quick glance.
>>
>>136893257
No but rpg maker is piss easy
>>
>>136822991
You are a gentleman, a scholar, and my nigga for life.
>>
For the life of me, I can't remember how to make a certain Common Event.

>Player uses item, game keeps track of how many of said item is used
>At certain intervals, the player gets something (new skill, a level, etc)
>>
>>136860857
They look like shit though.
>>
>>136895824
You can do better anon?
>>
>>136856619
Sounds like you were just tapping random keys and shit.
>>
>>136893746
And super hard at the same fucking time.
>>
>>136862254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZr5k1_9Dds

Everything you need to know.
>>
>>136897481
It's called post-avant jazzcore.
>>
File: output.webm (1MB, 816x624px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
1MB, 816x624px
Do you guys have minigames in your games? Stuff to pass time by, or to be an optional way of collecting more/better items?

I'm working on fishing, but I can't script for shit so I'm doing it like in Pokemon games.
>>
>>136801537
Beat the shit out of superpowered chuunis
>>
>>136801537

Create a meaningful life, learn that life doesn't have meaning.
>>
>>136893257
With every iteration of RPG Maker, you can right click or hover on any option and it explains what that option does.

If you want a version where you get a nice large manual and a sample game to play around with, the PS1 version has you covered. It is by far the most user-friendly version of RPG Maker.
>>
>>136900298
Trying to figure out how to make cooking fun.
>>
Would it be too jarring if there are some rock songs mixed in with an orchestral OST?
>>
>>136902357
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/37535
>>
DON'T DIE DAMMIT
>>
File: 1455817439174.jpg (66KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
1455817439174.jpg
66KB, 640x477px
Stay alive, unlike my dog that just died
>>
>>136911201
Sad meme
>>
>>136911201
Obviously fake, he could easily shake off those headphones
>>
What're you doin' down here. On your feet, soldiers.
>>
>>136914593
I was on the down but not out state. Thanks for the revive doc
>>
Bumping because I'm working on my game (also because don't want the thread to die). Currently making this cool mountain dungeon; probably won't post pics like last time but I'm glad I'm finally getting the hang of dungeon design.
>>
Tactical RPGs when
>>
>>136917976
When you put the script in your project?
>>
Is it possible to have duplicates of a character in your party?
>>
>>136919180
Not sure. You could make a carbon copy if a character in the database and add that one too
>>
>>136919180
MV? Hime made a plugin for that.
>>
File: TwoGamesPickOne.jpg (410KB, 1663x662px)
TwoGamesPickOne.jpg
410KB, 1663x662px
https://strawpoll.me/7221671

I'm indecisive. What should I make, /rpgmg/?

Keep in mind, both of these are obviously in a pre-alpha state at the moment, so these screenshots aren't really indicative of the final product.

Here's a more in-depth version of the plots of these two games:

Tears of the Auracle
>There's a big war between two superpower countries. The world is in a really bad state at this point.
>The Auracle (the Chosen One) has the power to offer a prayer to the Gods, for peace to be restored to the world.
>The heroes escort her on a pilgrimage to the various Temples of the Gods in order to unlock the seal to the Temple of Aura (the supreme God) so that she can offer a prayer to save the world from this war that will likely never end without either intervention or mutual destruction.
>Crazy shit happens partway through the game that I won't spoil.

"Magical Girl RPG" (Working title)
>You're the new girl in town. And you're late for the first day of school! Open mouth, insert toast, run.
>Meet 3 totally ordinary color-coded girls on your first day of school.
>After school, get attacked by comically mean villain who wants to steal your dreams or some shit.
>Get saved by 3 color-coded magical girl heroines, but then they get beat up.
>You get turned into a magical girl! You defeat the bad guys and banish them back to the shadow realm.
>Now you're part of the team and you have to fight these bad guys.
>Each part of the game would be broken up into sections called Episodes (game would not be released episodically) and each one has it's own little plot revolving around your characters, the villains and the people around you, plus an overarching plot.
>As above, crazy shit would happen partway through the game that I won't spoil.

What sounds better to you? Please vote in the poll and leave any comments about it here.
>>
>>136922435
>Auracle
If that's a misspelling, it should be "Oracle"
If that's intentional, then that sounds really fucking "OC donut steel" pretentious.
>>
I have made a new music, it's for one of my main characters' first area, a humble farm.
https://soundcloud.com/goodmanjones/rooster-soup-for-the-soul-1
It's stupid, like 4 and a half minutes of solos using crappy samples. That's because you have to spend at least like 5 minutes there to continue the story
>>
>>136927101
Why do you think it sounds pretentious?
See, here was my line of thinking when coming up with the name: I needed something that conveyed "One who speaks to the Gods", but an Oracle doesn't really speak to Gods so much as it listens to them. So I figured that I'd twist it a bit, and use an alternate spelling that sounded the same, but in-universe meant something somewhat opposite (speaking to, rather than hearing the Gods).

So... It is an intentional misspelling.
>>
>>136922435
They both sound generic as fuck, but the second one at least is a bit interesting for the genre.
>>
>>136927390
Literally just a long-ass jazz solo with a weak-ass main melody tying them together. Doesn't sound very farm-like. Sounds like I'm playing a low-budget German transport management sim. I sense a small Earthbound influence.
>>
>>136922435
Both sound like fun to me. It's interesting when an RPG's immediate goal isn't "go kill the bad guy to save the world". I assume it will go there eventually, but it doesn't matter if it's well written.

I've toyed around with the idea of making a Magical Girl RPG myself, but yours sounds a lot better. I think you should go for that. Bonus points if I can pick from multiple schoolgirl archetypes (nerdy girl, mean rich girl, tough chick, etc)/
>>
>>136922435
First one sounds interesting from the get go. The other one is just an animeme grill story
>>
>>136883051
Just set the top part of the wall as a star instead of an x in the tile settings.
>>
Not really a RPG Maker title, but it is a RPG we've been working on for quite some time.

We just got enough done to put it up on Greenlight. Want to have some sort of free demo ready soon. The game is called Minions, Monsters, and Madness.

Greenlight Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655177683
>>
>>136937778
Looks like shit, fampai
>>
>>136937971
rude!
>>
>>136937778
better cost 1 mexican peso
>>
>>136937778
Looks like a high-quality Flash game, ala Epic Battle Fantasy. Intriguing

If you need some to be an actual announcer/narrator, ask in the thread. I will gladly help.
>>
File: sammy1.png (18KB, 144x144px)
sammy1.png
18KB, 144x144px
Bump.
>>
Ok since this thread is almost dying i'll post a question.

How do you handle random npc's?
personally i am working on a random character generator that takes seperate sprites of clothes and stuff to combine into an npc.
Pic related, how do you guys do it?
>>
>>136933673
You can't make your own character. Each of the main characters would be their own thing.

Pink = Genki moeblob who loves her friends and such, but also knows when it's time to get serious. Kind of a cross between Kinomoto Sakura, Cure Happy and Cure Blossom.

Yellow = Nerdy moeblob who is kind of shy. She's basically Cure Peace.

Red = Tough tomboy chick who likes sports. Aka Cure Rouge/Cure Sunny/Cure March.

Blue = Rich oujo archetype who at first comes off as bitchy but actually has a heart of gold. So basically Cure Aqua/Cure Beauty/Cure Mermaid.

Purple = Very serious, no-nonsense character with a tragic past. Eventually warms up to everyone and realizes that she loves them all. So she's like Cure Sword/Cure Moonlight.
>>
Does your game have secret bosses?
>>
>>136944195
Why wouldn't it?
>>
i swear these fucking threads die every night. does everybody live in the same goddamn timezone or something
>>
>>136946262
We're busy making games, genius.
>>
>>136901307
> you can right click or hover on any option and it explains what that option does.

I'm right clicking the toolbar in MV and it's not explaining anything to me?
>>
>>136946262
It does always die when I'm asleep, so probably. Before I go to sleep there is always someone bumping it every 30 mins.
>>
>>136911201
Looks like two people standing on top of each other.
>>
>>136937778
I'd rather look at RTP than this.
>>
>>136942691
Would bend over to help tie her shoes
>>
>>136929050
Sounds confusing as fuck senpai
>>
>>136952862
But what if she's not wearing any shoes?
>>
>>136954196
then I'll bend her over
>>
File: 1450181359308.jpg (16KB, 480x300px)
1450181359308.jpg
16KB, 480x300px
>>136954352
So she can tie yours, right?
>>
>>136955116
Yeah, sure, she'd be bending down in front of me, if you wanna call it that.
>>
>>136955250
But you don't even know how old she is, yet!
>>
>>136955698
She's 20.
>>
File: 1455317730395.png (37KB, 800x800px)
1455317730395.png
37KB, 800x800px
>>136955698
don't care
doesn't matter
>>
>>136944195
Ssssort of. If you are greedy enough to break all 7 seals, you release a fallen angel that will fuck your shit up immediately. It is technically possible to beat it, and it is the "final boss," so to speak, but a hell of a lot of stars need to align for you to not just Game Over right there.

It's supposed to be a Bad End, but I don't believe in auto-defeat, so you'll have your chance to fight it.
-All Companions not at 100 Willpower will immediately be converted to its side
-It's damage reduction is over 100, which is the max attack.
-Its spells will forcibly dominate you if you yourself are not at 100 Will.
-Luck effects reduced to useless.
-Charisma builds have no effect.

-To stand a chance, you need the Empower x2 spell and 3rd rank of +Att to at least do damage to it (that's x6 damage)
-You need maximum Faith and at least one Patron God willing to fight with you.
-Even with all of the above, maximum stats, and a remaining bodyguard - Good fucking luck.
>>
>>136956436
You need to put in a secret ending where you win the game by beating that asshole.
It's a matter of principle.
>>
>>136956706
That's exactly what happens if you win. If.

Though, to be fair, two Patron Gods with maximum Faith gives you a pretty solid chance. Especially if they are war gods.
>>
>>136956436
Eh.. that seems like a lot of work.
>>
>>136929050
Not that anon, but just so you know, there's a word "Auricle" which is likened to the ear, or an ear shape of various creatures.

Compare this to "Oracle", which is derived from "Orator", i.e. someone who speaks for a living.

It's amazing what you can find from a dictionary.
>>
>>136957046
To code into the game or to beat? If the former, it's not that bad. Just some stat adjustments from the combat event and a couple of pre-battle effects. If the latter, then... well, yeah. That's the point. Basically everything in the game tells you to stop digging downwards. Even finding the 7th seal is a secret on its own. Beating the 7th Guardian is already a huge challenge.

You should be out conquering the world map, in your own name or in the name of whatever kingdom you chose. That's the normal victory state.
>>
I'm having trouble dling the crack for xv ace.
the site (in the guide) im trying to dl from say's it no longer exists.
>>
File: 1458341413719.png (58KB, 298x251px)
1458341413719.png
58KB, 298x251px
>>136958221
..eeeeeeeh. I dunnooo.
>>
File: 1457598669397.png (43KB, 448x265px) Image search: [Google]
1457598669397.png
43KB, 448x265px
>>136958549
What did I tell you, anon? Don't break that last seal.
>>
>>136959423
Don't worry I already broke It for her. If you know what I mean.

NYUK NYUK NYUK NYUK
>>
Here is a question for MV:
How would you go about "disabling" (greying out) certain combat commands during a tutorial fight? i would think its via js but did anyone bother to figure out the right variables or whatever to disable "flee" "guard" and all the other things? Or maybe you can do that via eventing and I didnt figure it out yet.
>>
bamp
>>
Does anyone know if it's possible to have more than 100 parts in a category in the MV generator? It's really hard to test, since it forces you to number the parts in order.
>>
>>136964667
No idea, brohemoth. I wasn't even aware there was a 100 part limit.

Although technically speaking, you can always just drag/drop in/out the parts you currently want to use for someone, then change it for the next actor. Once someone is saved on a sheet, the change in parts won't change them.

I already do that for a separate gradient sheet, since there isn't a good redhead hair color.
>>
>>136895604
>>136895604
I was going to answer this shortly after it was posted, but I was already running late to go to an appointment so I hoped someone else would answer it :(

If you're in VX Ace, you're looking at something like this:

Common Event on Item:
increase variable by 1
conditional branch: variable = #
Yes? (learn skill, gain a level, etc)

You'll have to add several of those conditional branches for each interval. If the bonus gained is the same for each interval and you want an alternative common event that won't require several branches, let me know. If you don't use VX Ace, I can't help you any further :(
>>
File: Captur.png (1MB, 826x625px) Image search: [Google]
Captur.png
1MB, 826x625px
>tl;dr might be using RTP, BUMP

Alright, after a month of posting little screenshots and answering the odd question, I feel it's finally time I talked about my game. For reference, I'm the guy who was working on the Old Norse Learning/Garrison games before.

Its name is Subworld: Sinsheim, and for all intents and purposes, it's a mini-game for a larger project called The World (which is why I often equate its gameplay to a flash game).

To summarize the premise of The World in one sentence, it would be "There is no magic but prayer." There is no such thing as magic or spells, and if you want something supernatural to happen, you pray to some patron deity and hope they answer your call (with a Faith stat to increase your chances). I also built a whole Fire Emblem combat system for the game in Ace, which currently doesn't work in MV due to several bugs in the engine. In addition, many gods have gone off and made their own subworlds connected to The World, each with their own rules and regulations.

Sinsheim is one such world. Enamored by the mortal interpretations of magic in their fairytales, some gods built Sinsheim to allow "magic." They created certain words that, when spoken, they would cause a specific and reoccurring result regardless of faith or anything like that. Each "spell" has 3 parts (or words) to it, each increasing the output of the spell. After the initial catastrophe that was mortals just spitting out words as fast as possible and subsequently reshaping the world around them, the gods limited the amount of words that can be known at once, forcing you to forget one if you exceed your limit.

In gameplay terms, you may know 1 word per 10 INt (up to 100 INT, or 10 words), and only up to 4 spells. So at max INT, you can know a Rank 3 spell, R3 spell, R3 spell, and a R1 spell - or you can know R3, R3, R2, R2, or any combination there of.

Also, because I'm a firm believer in high DEF or high CHA builds, you can get by without killing everything.

cont.
>>
File: this fucking guy.png (1MB, 823x649px)
this fucking guy.png
1MB, 823x649px
>>136968076

Now, for this specific mini-game, you claim an abandoned and ruined castle for yourself and begin rebuilding it. You'll face natural disasters, random attacks, and more as you manage resources and work on the castle. True to the CHA build, you can try to charm your way out of fights or even convince enemies to join you in the castle. Each NPC will have a random name, personality, backstory, and more, with answers influenced by certain stats like loyalty and joy. There are also plot-specific NPCs you meet in random events that can be recruited, and they have little storylines you can progress through. These NPCs can be assigned to gather resources, be bodyguards, etc.

Originally, Sinsheim was built for lewd purposes. Its only access areas were going to be in Red Light Districts. However, the current game has come far from its original drafts, and if there will be lewd at all, it will be completely optional, with a switch right at the start to hide all that content.

And speaking of optional, I ended up incorporating my study tools in the game to justify the time spent. They take form in dick gods interrupting you with pop quzizes, with bonuses if you pass. The study tools can be set to "All," "Old Norse Only," or "Off."

In addition to rebuilding the castle, you can also explore it. You'll find tools like a demon summoning room, some golem guardians, a library, and the underground. Exploring will slowly unveil what happened to the last occupants of the castle, as well as reveal the curses currently cast over it. Also, on general principal, you generally want to NOPE right out of the underground. >>136956436 related.

cont.
>>
File: Capture.png (254KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
254KB, 1365x767px
>>136968270

Once the castle is fully rebuilt, the second half of the game kicks off. People will start visiting you - sometimes farmers on the run, looking for a place to settle; sometimes a kingdom's tax collectors, claiming you must pay your due. You can either accept a kingdom's claim over you or maintain independence. You'll have new stats like Notice, Renown, and Corruption (which might incite adventurers to raid you).

All Subworld mini-games are meant to be left at-will, so the end game is a little amorphous, apart from the few Bad Ends, but being drawn into a regional war is one of the few victories, as is unleashing and beating the thing sealed beneath the castle.

Pic related is what I'm currently working on - the randomized personality system. It is a huge pain in the ass, but it's coming along. Each enemy has several possible personalities (a Looter might be subordinate, a scoundrel, religious, etc.), and there is a randomly decided backstory that defines them and sort of leads into that personality.
>>
Any programmers here?
Just wondering if there's any other programmers lurking.
>>
>>136969180
Out of our 70 or so members, I think a good 5-10 are programmers of varying skill.
>>
is Silent Maid even alive
>>
File: Finnegan1.png (20KB, 144x144px)
Finnegan1.png
20KB, 144x144px
Bampu
>>
File: trueevil.png (265KB, 856x486px)
trueevil.png
265KB, 856x486px
I bet no one will recognize this one

sorry for the RTP but I can't art for shit
>>
>>136966740
Well, I noticed that the filenames only had two digits on them, so I would assume 99 was the max. But upon further investigation, I could add a leading 0 to each part and the generator would still work, so I dunno.
>>
File: Untitled.png (249KB, 872x501px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
249KB, 872x501px
>>136975070
I don't know what it's from, but I assume you slide without control on the ice.

It was fun solving it.
>>
>>136976318
k you solved it. Yes you slide uncontrolably
>>
>>136976415
Do you have more?
>>
>>136976524
I have a whole map based off of it. Also based from something but 50% different. The part I put before is a carbon copy from pokemon silver's ice path.
>>
File: mazemap1.png (337KB, 922x617px) Image search: [Google]
mazemap1.png
337KB, 922x617px
>>136976524
just for you
>>
>>136973161
No.
>>
>>136978365
now I got a necklace outta you. Bushman's rules.
>>
File: 1445684091681.jpg (257KB, 946x833px) Image search: [Google]
1445684091681.jpg
257KB, 946x833px
>>136978365
>>
File: RPGMThing.png (151KB, 546x418px)
RPGMThing.png
151KB, 546x418px
>>136978521
>>136978770

Okay okay, I'm inching along with it anyway.
>>
File: faceset1.png (89KB, 576x288px)
faceset1.png
89KB, 576x288px
Don't you just want to poke her in the cheek?
>>
>>136982150
What kind of program are you making these in? They're pretty damn cool.
>>
>>136982489
Sai. Then Paint.NET to make it transparent.
>>
>>136982695
sai can transparent too
>>
File: _20151125_185550.jpg (30KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
_20151125_185550.jpg
30KB, 500x309px
>>136983270
>>
>>136968464
Your game sounds pretty neat. When I first heard about it, I brushed it off thinking it was just an educational game for some thing I'd probably never study, but I get more interested every time I hear more.

How is it coming along in general? Any plans to release a demo and collect feedback?
>>
File: portraitsnpc6.png (48KB, 384x192px) Image search: [Google]
portraitsnpc6.png
48KB, 384x192px
>>136982150
those are some nice faces mang.

All my characters have a frame for a face because they are just too many, but herme's are a few I got. The rest have a few normal faces so I don't wanna shot em k
>>
File: 1450327887176.jpg (8KB, 203x201px)
1450327887176.jpg
8KB, 203x201px
>>136985592
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of game you're trying to make here.

>Ronald
Yep, just as confused as before.
>>
>>136985862
Donarudo is gonna be a hard as nails optional boss with some of his mugen attacks.

Game is just for laughs it isn't anything serious so It's just wacky.
>>
>>136985929
So no ran ran ru?
>>
>>136985929
Will there be a Dark Excellent Donald bonus boss?
>>
>>136986035
Ran ran ru is a must

>>136986058
I nearly forgot about that version of him in mugen. I actually want him to be beatable though
>>
>>136986180
Did you watch skooks yet? You NEED to have something with skooks if you're doing other ytpoops. That's like, the most popular one on /co/.
>>
>Trying to get authentic gun sounds for free
>All of the ones I find are either too loud, too deep, etc. Just not right
>Redneck friend calls me, tells me how he bought a new shotgun
Jackpot, authentic gun sounds AND I get to go clay pigeon shooting tomorrow. Two birds with one stone.
>>
>>136986180
>I actually want him to be beatable though
So have Omega Tom Hanks come in for the assist.
Or whatever that coin flip tank character is, can't remember his name.
>>
>>136982150
i want to poke her somewhere else

didn't you say you drew porn? is there a link?
>>
>>136984715
Thanks, anon.

>How is it coming along in general?
It's coming. Some parts move quicker than others - the combat system and UI took a single day, whereas I'm on like day 5 of doing the personality system and still on just the first personality (although personality is a 4-part system, and once its framework is done, the rest should move accordingly). Technically speaking, most of the game is "done." All the castle rebuilding parts, the exploration parts, the random event system, the combat, the stats, etc. However, the bulk of the game isn't the technics, it's all the writing. I've left a lot of placeholder text behind as I ensured the mechanics were done for everything, so I need to flush it all out along with all the general meat like personalities, the manager storylines, visitors, etc.

I'd like to put a demo out, but it's going to need a lot more than it currently has before I feels its worth the harddrive space. My current goal is finishing everything above ground (castle, region, NPC's) up to the point of visitors (IE finish rebuilding), and once it had a good layer of polish, I'll release that as a demo. I'm planning on releasing the whole, finished game here too, but that's a long ways off.
>>
>>136987575
I do but it's mostly just Pokégirl stuff.
>>
>>136988154
even better
please
>>
File: _20150121_192612.jpg (14KB, 212x227px) Image search: [Google]
_20150121_192612.jpg
14KB, 212x227px
>>136988190
Okay but, no bully.
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/list/TheCrazyPartyCo/1
>>
>>136988472
what tablet you use?
>>
>>136988567
I don't have a tablet. I use a mouse.
>>
>>136988617
legit inspiring since i have impaired fine motor skills and can't use any writing or drawing utilities

do you have any advice for a budding artist
>>
File: 1451029226718.gif (3MB, 286x258px)
1451029226718.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>136988472
>That Courage one
You're alright, anon.
>>
>>136988769
It's not that hard, really. It's like drawing on mspaint but with layers and a stabilizer.

I don't really have any worthwhile "advice" but if there's something I can tell you it's that you need a role model to follow after. Learn how they draw and try to imitate them. It sounds silly but it's very effective. Then when you're a pro at that you can do your own thing.
>>
>>136989094
cool. ive always wondered if i should use photos and life as reference, or other art. i've always leaned towards other art but good to see its a viable option
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 100x162px)
Capture.png
8KB, 100x162px
>>136989094
Not that anon, but how do you do these trail off lines with a mouse? Is it really so tedious as using a thinner brush and making triangles that you have to fill out?
>>
>>136989280
I draw all of my lines with the pen tool (not pencil since that one makes everything all pixely and shit) then I use eraser tool to make the ends pointy.
>>
File: 1329819548959.gif (40KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1329819548959.gif
40KB, 247x248px
>>136989440
>then I use eraser tool to make the ends pointy.
I feel like such a fool.
>>
>>136989280
sorry bud but you opened a can of worms and now im probably gonna keep asking questions till you stop answering.

how do you draw the "skeleton" or form of the characters first? or do you just draw the lines where they all need to be, first try?
>>
>>136989440
And the sharp shading?
>>
File: _20151122_023339.jpg (11KB, 176x171px) Image search: [Google]
_20151122_023339.jpg
11KB, 176x171px
>>136989505
>>
>>136989718
>>136989748
Its all in the layers. One for a skeleton/wire frame, one for lineart, one for color, and one for shading. Then additional ones for other doodads.
>>
>>136988472
>Ronnie
Anon, I like you.
>>
>>136989895
I really should use layers more often. Transitioning from traditional to digital drawing has left me rusted.
>>
>>136989094
Different anon here, but do you have any tips on how to learn draw with a mouse? I've been wanting to practice my art, but I don't have a tablet, and kind of assumed it would be impossible without one... I've heard that some people manage it, though. I just don't know how to start learning.

When I say I'm a terrible artist, I'm not joking. I can barely even draw passable stick figures, and I don't even know where to start with a serious picture. Is there some program or technique I need to be using, or is it just a matter of trying over and over again until I figure it out?
>>
File: 1434405665258.gif (604KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1434405665258.gif
604KB, 960x540px
>>136990356
For you, I'd recommend tracing. Not all the time, just to practice. A program that uses layers might be useful for that. Also, take one of my drawings and zoom in real close to the lines. You'll see that nearly all of it is wobbly and shaky. It's okay if your stuff isnt super smooth. As long as you have confident in your work then it'll look good regardless.

>anons are asking for my discount store advice when my art is mediocre at best
T-thanks
>>
>>136990669
mediocre artists are the best to learn from. no vague shitty advice like "oh u just need to draw shapes lol! just keep practicing and ull magically get better!!" like no shit practicing helps

source: i'm a mediocre music guy and i self-admittedly give pretty good down-to-earth advice to newbies
>>
ded thred
>>
>>136990669
You say mediocre, I say "man I wish I was that good".

To be fair I say that about everything but low-level Deviantart stuff.

Thanks, though. I guess the main thing is getting myself over the idea that this is an impossible thing to learn, and actually practicing.
>>
We die in 10....
>>
no death allowed
>>
>>
>>136998156
Baumpu!
>>
>>136990814
honestly though, at a certain point practicing is all you can do
I hit a wall with my art cuz I didn't have any time to draw anymore, and I haven't really gotten any better in the years since because I've been doing other things

if you have all your fundamentals down and understand when and how to cut corners, there isn't much more to get other than feeling your way imo
>>
>>136982150
Your art style is fuckin great, I love it.
>>
File: 1404377022785.jpg (448KB, 1000x902px)
1404377022785.jpg
448KB, 1000x902px
>>136955698
Does it matter?
>>
>>137008724
You have good taste in loli artists, good sir.
>>
File: SEIFU.png (3MB, 2279x1191px) Image search: [Google]
SEIFU.png
3MB, 2279x1191px
>>136983270
He's probably using a pirated version, with a crack that can't into transparency. I know this because I'm using the same cracked version of SAI.

>>137009117
T-thanks. Though Rustle by far isn't my favorite artist.
>>
How would I go about making my own assets?

It seems like in the time it takes to learn and make assets I could get a degree in quantum physics so I can invent a machine that materialises money so I can hire people to make assets instead.
>>
>>137010171
If you want to make something of actual quality, you'll need to spend a lot of time working and perfecting it. There's no easy way around it.
>>
How does everyone feel about plot twists?

I have a bit of a problem. At one point something will be going on that the main characters don't know about, but I'm not sure whether to give the player that information or not. I've never been a huge fan of unnecessary plot twists, especially of its the 'Someone else was behind it all along!' thing we've all seen a thousand times before, but for a lot of people the plot twists seem to be the thing they remember the most. It also runs the risk of misrepresenting the story. You can turn people off by making them think it's going in a direction it isn't.
>>
Anyone know how to make your party work like pokemon games? As in, you play a character, but your party is several characters without the player character. Do I need a script, or can it be done with some mix of common events and switches?
>>
>>137013661
What version rpg maker do you have?
>>
>>137014228
MV
>>
>>137014336
Try looking for yanfly party core or something

You can change the amount of max battlers to 1 so only one is during combat.

Now for changing the positions mid battle I wouldn't know
>>
>>137014564
I think I may have worded my request wrong. I meant that I want one overworld character, but said character not being present in actual fights. Not going for an exact pokemon clone.

Still, gonna look that up since that could be a pretty good alternative to what I'm thinking of.
>>
>>137014838
Oh. You could use a ship to be your character, just change the sprites of itm

Not 100% sure about that
>>
>>137014838
Hime have a plugin for that.
>>
>>137015214
How do you set it to start in a vehicle?
>>137015863
Which plugin?
>>
File: 10.png (1KB, 91x172px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
1KB, 91x172px
Not much progress today other than this robot sprite.
>>
Do you guys known any examples of RPGMaker games that showcase the absolute max potential of the tool?

All i always see are really really fucking shitty "games" that are nothing but basic assets
>>
>>137017213
Rise of Dragon Souls really pushes the engine a bit, check it out on youtube if you have the time.
>>
>>137017213
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club

One of those rare "not jRPG" rpgs that isn't another horror clone.
Also I think Capcom was involved...?
>>
>>137016181
Man I unfortunately don't remember

>>136986418
I haven't followed poops since 2010. I was with them since the beggining tho.
>>
>>137009396
I'm gonna need a link to the full version of that pic.
>>
>>137017392
Holy shit, is that a fucking Diablo clone on RPG Maker? WTF???
>>
Do you have any fun skills in your game, /rpgm/? Things that change the flow of battle, or abilities that provide out of battle benefits?
>>
File: trapmilk.png (20KB, 652x364px)
trapmilk.png
20KB, 652x364px
>>137021439

This one is fun. "milk" an enemy and whenever you hit it you'll get 33% of the damage you dealt as HP.

Great for bosses and hard to kill enemies.
>>
File: sfw crop.jpg (811KB, 3445x1205px)
sfw crop.jpg
811KB, 3445x1205px
>>137019154
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/4352530
>>
>>137022261
Is that based on the mad milk from tf2?
>>
>>137022469
Yes.
>>
File: cyberbullyatack.png (15KB, 661x235px) Image search: [Google]
cyberbullyatack.png
15KB, 661x235px
>>137022261
Here's another one. Might change the condition.
>>
File: Werewolf Placeholder.webm (1MB, 816x624px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf Placeholder.webm
1MB, 816x624px
Wish the RTP had monster side view battler sprites, but I got a werewolf thing to work without the need for scripts. This is probably the most advanced thing I've done, sadly.
>>
>>137023952
That's pretty cool actually
>>
Newest Yanfly Tips & Tricks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ivTFNTipc

Now this is a brutal ass status effect. How many of you are gunna make mean ass shit like this for your games?
>>
>>136942148

We're always looking for new talent. We may not need you for this project (or maybe we will). But good voice actors are always welcome. Just send us an email with some sort of audition clip. Maybe a part of the voice over I do for the trailer.

Thanks m8. See the greenlight for the email.
>>
>>136937778
btw what did you use to make this game?
>>
I'm bored.
>>
>>137029535

Make my game for me.
>>
>>137012994
Foreshadowing is always the best way to go. Give the player a hint that something unexpected is about to hapen, so it doesn't feel cheap.

>Cut to dimly lit dungeon
>A familiar silhouette is talking to unrecognizable shadow
>"Are the preparations complete?"
>"Yes."
>"Excellent..."
>End scene

For bonus points, have some NPCs mention strange happenings regarding the plot twist, so anyone who bothered to talk to random NPCs will be more than prepared
>>
File: dinnerblaster.gif (556KB, 540x284px) Image search: [Google]
dinnerblaster.gif
556KB, 540x284px
>>
Quick, to keep the thread somewhat alive, post any of the following;

>What your hero is (Human warrior, Elf slut, Furry slave, etc)
>What your villain is (A rabbit, The Devil, a Robotic Dragon, etc)
>What major element plays a big role in your story (A key that unlocks anything, an orb that forsees the short term future, a child who can exorcise ghosts, etc)
>Any minigames in your game? (Fishing, Rock/Paper/Scissors, dick sword fighting, etc)
>Your favorite animal, and is it present in your game?
>>
>>137032570
Hero: MMO addict/Software tester
Villain: (As they're about all equally 'villains' to the Hero) the dummy corporation arm of a black budget group, the corrupted goddess of a world burdened by humanity's sin, and the tortured digital phantom of a dead man.
What major element plays a big role: A headset which allows the wearer to experience a simulated reconstruction of another person's memories.
Minigames: There's puzzles, if that counts.
Favorite animal: Raven.
Is it present in your game? In the little cinematic introduction you might see one if you're looking closely.
>>
>>136562085
what types of games can be made outside of rpgmaker other than rpgs? How many more hurdles will I have to go through If I'm working on let's say a horror game or a platformer or an action game?
>>
>>137033352
I'm presently making a horror game. There are less hurdles than making an RPG because you need less to make one.
>>
>>137033423
thanks. I was just making sure that other game types can be made with the software. I'm a greenhorn at this shit.
>>
>>137033352
Horror games are just as hard to make as regular RPGs. In the absence of combat, you have to make up for it with good story and puzzles. You can't just take something out and not make up for the loss, after all.

I was making a side-scrolling platformer in VX Ace, but I lost interest halfway through because I didn't have ANYTHING planned other than "you can jump"
>>
>>137022313
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EOKOAQrlLI

Bless you.
>>
a
>>
>>137032570
>White (as snow and without a face) muscle guy who's a total loser
>a bunch of admins (including me)
>just beating vidya memes and admins. Also exploring to get better equips.
>avoid moving minions for 1 minute, solve moving ball puzzle, sliding puzzles, memorize the path puzzle.
>dog, yes, a few
>>
>>137025720
Sent
>>
>>136801537
Ironic meme game, WITH NO 4TH WALL BREAKING.
>>
>>137039618
You're making a memegame too? What's on it?
>>
>>137032570
>A grill
>Demonic creatures
>A giant church bell in a hidden village
>I've always wanted to do a fishing mechanic where you would fish for food, cool items, or to latch on to far away objects. Have no idea how to do that but I'll see what I can do
>Dragonflies! It's a forest, of course there are!
>>
>>137009396
>>136982150
Yall mothefuckers need Manga Studio (Sai II) or Krita (not Sai but really fucking good)
>>
>>137042458
Why would he need those for?
>>
File: Edgeworth1.png (2KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
Edgeworth1.png
2KB, 70x70px
What software would be best to produce front-facing portraits for characters?
>>
>>137044635
MS paint. Duh
>>
>>137032570
>hero
Alien species that's basically a mole/meerkat elf hobbit
>villains
Robots
>story element
Uhhh... A scientist who helps the protags I guess
>minigames
Maybe, not sure yet
>favorite animal
I don't reall have one, my favorite bird is a lammergeier though and some of the fauna is based on those
>>
>>136988769
Try out something like Inkscape or pirate some vector art tool. Then go to /wg/ and read the tutorials for vectorizing anime stills; it'll teach you to how make proper strokes. Then just blob out whatever you want to draw, and go over it with vector strokes; zero manual dexterity needed. Get good enough, and you can make a really solid ink appearance.
Good luck. I'm an artist, but my nerves are going and I'm having to do this more and more.
>>
>>137043586
They don't, I'm just offering alternatives for Sai, since it's aging and unsupported.
>>
File: stickman.png (5KB, 207x212px)
stickman.png
5KB, 207x212px
>>137044635
>>137045071
Can confirm
>>
>>137046774
Can't tell if this is a ruse but seems like it would work
>>
>>137046294
> my nerves are going
;_;

good luck to you
>>
>>137032570
A motherfucking badass US Commando from one of ten unique classes!

An evil Nazi general with an Iron cross eyepatch that shoots lasers! He's actually the Dark Lord Umbra’s (the real antagonist!) servant, Satan himself!

Magic Nazi spells, nonsensical timelines, and a key to unlock the multiverse and conquer and enslave rhe future!

Drinking minigames! Ancient puzzles!

KILLER ROBOT NAZI SNAKES! (Working title as well!)
>>
>Really want to sink my time into making a game with an NES-based artstyle because that's what I grew up with
>It's still the cool thing to irrationally hate

What is the easiest way to kill myself?
>>
>>137050816
Code your own game in 6502 assembly that can actually run on real NES hardware.
This will solve both of your problems.
>>
what are you currently working on, /rpgm/? Story? Monsters? Art?

I'm trying to have a proper story before making the art, written from start to finish.
>>
>>137050816
Pretty sure you've been hanging out on /v/ for way too long, friendo.

Just do it. That shit sells like hot cakes.
>>
>>137050816
Just do it. You'll be fine as long as you don't have US GAMERS crap.
>>
>>137042458
I'll take a look at those, thanks.

>>137046502
>unsupported
Pretty sure SAI 2.0 recently came out, it's just that there's no crack for it.
>>
>>137051310
>>137051474
Maybe I'll give it a go, I've been too afraid of wasting my time with a new project to even begin researching what the sprite limitations would be other than the palette itself in order to make it actually look reasonably authentic.
>>
>>137050816
just do it anyways. I'm doing a meme game and nothing's gonna stop it. Not even gonna charge for it I do it because I love doing it.

So, YOLO.

also that pic is cute
>>
>>136942691
is she naked?
>>
>>137052649
4chan is the last one to argue about meme games. Look up /v/irgin Quest. That shit has /v/ written all over it. And it's the memeiest of them all.
>>
>>137053414
That's a template, in case I want to give her other clothes or expressions.

But yes, essentially, she is naked.
>>
>>137053794
even did the collarbones, lewd
>>
>>137053951
Me? Lewd? Nah.
>>
>>137032570
A human white male or female
A demon goddess bent on chaos
Money is used when casting magic and doesn't grow on mobs
Restaurant management, cooking, fishing, farming(maybe), town management(probably)
Platypus, and no
>>
>>137032570
>My hero is an Enigma. Yes, that's a race in my game.
>My villain is an enigma. No, not the race kind.
>Main element is ghost butterflies. They know the secrets of the world.
>Treasure hunting minigames.
>Butterflies. Yes, they're in the game.

>>137051190
Eventing.
>>
>>137054186
yeh

>>137051190
Studying a day before the exam. I don't know jackshit, as always, but learn everything and just squeeze it in the exam to never remember it until it's needed again.

Just chillin atm
>>
>>137012994
Just speaking for myself here, I find the most enjoyable plot twists are the ones that were sitting right under your nose the entire time, and finally that last piece clicks into place and forces you to re-evaluate everything that came before. You just have to ensure that you left enough clues around for the player to have picked up on before you pull the rug out from underneath them.
>>
>>137012994
My game has a plot twist, and it's a sad one. I love plot twists.
>>
File: 1348020143604.gif (500KB, 342x342px)
1348020143604.gif
500KB, 342x342px
bump
>>
Post WIP.
How do I git gud at coloring and art in general?
>>
Question on character design, for those bored enough to respond;

>Main character is exceptionally weak, only good at dodging
>Party members are strong, make up for your lack of value
>Plot point of the main character being weak and trying to find ways to overcome said weakness
>Party members start dying off, sacrificing themselves to save you and the rest of the team from guaranteed death
>With some unsavory help, Main character becomes strong enough to be a normal party member halfway through the game
>Main character is alone by the time they reach the final boss, but strong enough to stand on their own two feet

The game I'm working on isn't meant to be sad or moving, but more of a simple fantasy with "Oh damn, that just happened." moments. Bad design for the character, or good when done right?
>>
>>137055109
I second this, I'm trying to leave little chunklets for players to find and piece the reveal together on their own. I'm trying to make the clues never reveal the twist directly but imply results of it such as agriculture, societal changes, etc which an observant/thoughtful audience should start to piece together.

The final reveal will simply add context to the information an observant viewer will have pieced together already, and the 'twist' will depend on how the viewer pieces the info together, whether they considered all the details given to them.

I don't like twists that have no foreshadowing/info that's under your nose. Anime shit like "the gem my mom gave me was an angel protecting me all along despite never mentioning anything about it ever before!" is garbage, but when it's actually expanded upon like if a character feels like they're being watched and keeps seeing shadows and perhaps thinks they're being haunted or cursed because they had a heated argument with their religious parent about fate before said parent's death (and refusing to remove the jewelry their parent gave them as a sign of respect/mourning) but they seem to narrowly escape horrible situations because of these 'hauntings', I would either piece together that perhaps something unusual was happening with the necklace their mother gave them. That doesn't mean there can't be a twist there - only that I'm curious about the jewelry.

And then if it's revealed that the protag is protected by an entity called forth from their grief that attached itself to their parent's memory, which explains why it's unsettling and disruptive instead of heavenly and calming, and having an emotional impact because the protag started thinking the same as the player (that the entity was their parent) and was wrong and their parent wasn't responsible for their protection, even better
>>
http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/214

Anyone have the download for this? I need it for research purposes.
>>
>>137061658
I hope not every party member is actually dying.
>>
File: Successors Legacy.gif (990KB, 611x385px)
Successors Legacy.gif
990KB, 611x385px
Gaem coming along good
>>
I have a question! Can you import things like battlebacks and overworld sprites from VXAce to MV? Or do the sprites and pictures have a different dimension depending on the program? I tried importing faces but they turned out to be too small for MV.

>>137065850
That's adorable.
>>
Using vxace now.

Because I want only one actor and enemy at the same time.

That means using items or skills directly,you don't need to chose object.

I tried to make heal's opponent from self to all party member,

but I can still use it even actor is full health.

How do I modify Scene_ItemBase and Scene_Battle to achieve this?
>>
>>137068051
>one at a time
Wait, I'm just starting to use this as of now; Does this mean I can't make parties of the player and NPCs and face off against multiple enemies at once?

I may be retarded
>>
>>137068636
You can, they're asking if it's possible to remove the extra step from the menu that chooses the target if there's only one party member and only one enemy.
>>
>>137069351
That's exactly what I mean.
Extra step makes game cripple.
>>
>>137067936
MV's defaults are about 50% larger than VXA. A simple upscaling in Paint will make them fit, but they'll look a little funny.
>>
>>137067936
>that's adorable

Thanks anon!
>>
>>137065850
That's oddly charming. The dialogue not so much, but the art style is pretty nice, despite being simple. Keep it up, man
>>
>>137074224
Thanks man!
>>
File: 14koi2sj3ub2muh1fjgyrp141.gif (106KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14koi2sj3ub2muh1fjgyrp141.gif
106KB, 500x500px
>animated battlers

Fuck

Yes
>>
>>137023952
>tfw hitting my Altered Beat nostalgia
That was my first vidya, anon. I was 3, and I played it at my grandmother's house.
Thread posts: 576
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.