[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Barog/ barotrauma general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 800px-Tiger_thresher_attack.png (395KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Tiger_thresher_attack.png
395KB, 800x450px
Not dead yet edition

>What is this?
A free SS13-ish game about dying horribly on a submarine.

>Where do I get it?
http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/

>Is there a server?
There is usually a server being run from here in /vg/, and they are often password protected. Check the thread for details.

>Where do I get the subs?
https://mega.nz/#F!3MUDiAJb!6FxQW3qXBTmcXBmBppQCfw
You can also download custom subs from the host if you don't want to get them manually.

>What do I do in-game?
If its your first time playing PLAY THE TUTORIAL. It's short and it will teach you everything you need to know. General rundown is: Get generator running, set up the railguns, go to objective marker, kill monster/get artifact, go to endpoint. Also fix any hullbreaches and get any unwanted water out the sub during all of that.
These tasks are all shared across the crew obviously, so you don't have to (and shouldn't) do all of it yourself.

>I'm new to this, should I take assistant?
No. The game has character skills and the assistant is objectively worst at everything. Take engie or mech.

>What are the controls?
WASD to move, E to interact, Tab to chat. LMB uses most objects in your hand, some others have to be "aimed" with RMB first, like any weapon or the welder/cutter.

>How do I set up the generator?
Set shutdown temp to 6-7k, then fission to 100% until around 2k (grid load and temp should be the same), then enable auto-adjustment and you're basically done unless someone fucks with it. Just make sure to replace the fuel rod once it's empty.

>How do I set up the railgun?
Set the capacitors to charge at 100% and put the shells into the loader (pick them up with E, then hit E on the loader and drag them into the boxes with your mouse).

>How do I fire the railgun?
E on the periscope, then RMB to aim and LMB to fire.
>>
i have a server called notgay password is gay of course l be dont know how long il be going but if the server gets full who knows what could happen
>>
Shit is fun yo.
>>
File: REGALIS WHY.png (808KB, 1281x800px) Image search: [Google]
REGALIS WHY.png
808KB, 1281x800px
nth for tri-gerthresher
>>
mime suit when
>>
>>135461896
server is down now but is was good fun. might host tommorow
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>135479327
last bump

dead game
>>
>>135481791
We ded
>>
>>135481817
bumpr
>>
File: warning_lights.webm (3MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
warning_lights.webm
3MB, 1440x900px
>>
>>135484237
is the oxygen distribution fixed in erebus yet? it's by far my favorite sub, but i hate not being able to use it in singleplayer because there's not enough oxygen for 5+ ai
>>
>>135484237
Nice work, the electronics in Erebus were already really impressive but that adds a whole lot of atmosphere.

There's also a warning siren item coming up in the next update, you might want to add one of those as well.
>>
>>135484430
What's wrong with it? I didn't really test it much.
>>
>>135484571
the cell usually kills whoever's inside due to something being wrong with the vent, and if all the doors aren't left open then oxygen distribution forces everyone to put on a mask or suffocate
>>
>>135484570
Thanks. By the way, check the bugs section on the forum.
>>
>>135484735
Ok, I'll try to fix it.
>>
>>135484837
If you mean the post about the wiring bugs, most of those are fixed now. The light component "failed to parse the string "0" to Vector4" error is also fixed.

I'll try to get the rid of the rest and upload a patch later today.
>>
>>135484984
Nice, thanks!
>>
>>135484984
new class update when
>>
>>135484570
Its really nice to see you take on suggestions.
>>
>>135485941
Bump
>>
>>135488535
>>
File: 1.webm (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
1MB, 1440x900px
>>135484897
Welp, it seems vents have a very low cap on how much air they can pump into a room. Air in this hall with 9 people runs out in 35 seconds. With one more vent added in the same hall air runs out in 42 seconds. Additional oxygen generators don't do anything. So it seems it's up to Regalis to tweak the oxygen system.
>>
>>135492574
Seriously, on the erebus its not a huge problem. Don't worry about it, it usually only matters in the crew cabins and the cabin. And if the captain isnt a complete retard he can open the door every 5 minuites to boost the air
>>
File: 1457987764355.png (25KB, 193x150px) Image search: [Google]
1457987764355.png
25KB, 193x150px
>starts singleplayer campaign
>sets up reactor
>instantly gets attacked by tiger thresher and fuckton of husks
>mfw
>>
How many people are lurking and want to play? I can host and I love small servers, but I want to know if anyone is willing to join
>>
>>135496935
Well shit
>>
>>135496935
I'll join, not sure how useful I'll be because I haven't been able to get into a server yet but have played solo for a while.
>>
>>135500186
Alright its up, the password is ayylmao
>>
don't die
>>
File: help im drowning.webm (2MB, 754x474px) Image search: [Google]
help im drowning.webm
2MB, 754x474px
remember the alamo
>>
Potato the sea engineer will live on forever.
>>
>retrieves artifact
>endworm appears
gg
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.