[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tcdg/ - Tom Clancy's the Division General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 15

File: Uplay Division Rewards.png (380KB, 628x932px) Image search: [Google]
Uplay Division Rewards.png
380KB, 628x932px
Updated General for Posterity Edition:

>Release date: March 8th 2016. (That's next week, famiglia)

>How to get on the player list.
http://pastebin.com/YmmmpLQU

Twitter:https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedivisiongame_us/
Uplay website: club.ubi.com

Uplay site has been updated with the profile for the full version of the game.
Log in with the profile you used during the beta and redeem your beta rewards as well as any other crap you might want/have enough points for.

>4 Free outfits/weapons based on the live action mini series
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/agent-origins/index.aspx?ncid=1628-3502-5748--2-odvidch-28-41-TheDivision_AgentOrigins_Ubisoft--17-19-10-0116
Page can only be used once, and code isn't usable until game release, make sure you either save the email or not use the site until the launch.

>Weapon skin to commemorate 1 million facegook likes:
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/fb-redeem/index.aspx

>Complete agent Intel tests for a potential reward in-game at launch.
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/agent-intel/index.aspx
3/4 tests are open at the time of posting this.
>>
>>133791063

>this early
>two threads

don't worry, yours is first famalam
>>
File: GOT-EM.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GOT-EM.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>133792367
Not sure which retard made the other one one after this one has been up for ten minutes and he didn't even bother making an effort to update the OP.
>>
File: PrettySteamColumn.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PrettySteamColumn.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>133792616
>post this webm when someone mentions bullet sponges.
>Watch people get triggered because he's using a purple weapon and is 3 levels higher than the enemies.
>Literally every webm arguing that enemies are bullet sponges is showing under leveled character with inferior gear.
>My extreme counts, yours doesn't.

Its like people have literally never played an RPG a day in their life.
>>
>>133792734
>Not sure which retard made the other one one after this one has been up for ten minutes and he didn't even bother making an effort to update the OP.

>check catalog, no tcdg thread
>gather links and write up OP
>new thread gets made within that10 minutes
>see this thread; won't let me delete mine
>get gutted by anons for trying to do them a service
>>
File: That blizzard.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
That blizzard.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>133792805
>>
File: Teamwork is BestworkFixed.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Teamwork is BestworkFixed.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>133792942

that's just level 8 pvp with high firearms skill. my dps was pretty high (7000ish)

this is my tank setup, and I still die pretty quick

pvp isn't all bulletsponge
>>
>>133793241
>check catalog, no tcdg thread
You're supposed to check before posting, not before starting.
>gather links and write up OP
You were missing half the relevant links and had a whopping 4 lines of text.
>new thread gets made within that10 minutes
Did you seriously take ten minutes to find four links that held no relevance?
>see this thread; won't let me delete mine
It'll die once it hits page ten.
>get gutted by anons for trying to do them a service
For future reference, when you're making a general, you're not supposed to pull shit out of the ass, you're supposed to use past generals as a template specifically for this reason, no point in looking for new links and writing new shit every time like a retard.
>>
File: Weird disorient glitch.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Weird disorient glitch.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Still no idea what caused the disorient.
>>
>>133793879

in regards to the two threads at once aspect, after close to a week of no thread, who would have guessed there would be two threads starting within 15 minutes of each other?

THAT much was dumb luck.

can't speak for the rest.
>>
>>133794208
>in regards to the two threads at once aspect, after close to a week of no thread, who would have guessed there would be two threads starting within 15 minutes of each other?
I literally checked before pushing the "post button" on this one. Like I've done with every gen up to now.
>>
File: DZ-Not Even Once.webm (764KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
DZ-Not Even Once.webm
764KB, 960x540px
>>133794192

there are worse glitches. I suspect it has something to do with changing servers mid-effect, but who fucking knows.

this was hell. 10 minutes of it.
>>
>>133793879
>>133794349
>You're supposed to check before posting, not before starting.
I didn't think it'd been that long, and there was no old thread on the books.

>you're supposed to use past generals as a template specifically for this reason, no point in looking for new links and writing new shit every time like a retard.
There isn't a recurring general for the game yet (for reference), and I only tried to make one because I haven't seen a thread up for days.

Either way, two people tried to make the same thread spontaneously within 15mins of each other.
>>
>>133794485
Warning! Entering contaminated Area. Initiating backup unit.
>>
File: DivisionTheNewBeatemUpGame.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
DivisionTheNewBeatemUpGame.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>133794708
>>
>>133794579
>I didn't think it'd been that long, and there was no old thread on the books.
see >>133794349
>I literally checked before pushing the "post button" on this one. Like I've done with every gen up to now.
>>133794579
>There isn't a recurring general for the game yet
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Tom%20Clancy's%20the%20Division%20General/
Oh what, what? What's this? Oh only literally dozens of fucking general using the same template.
>>
>>133794871
>>133794349
>>133793879

>starting drama in the thread

fuck off and post actual content niggers
>>
File: herewego.jpg (91KB, 630x623px) Image search: [Google]
herewego.jpg
91KB, 630x623px
>>133794871
Stop sperging out bud.

Not everyone's an expert /vg/ poster like you, and nobody gives a fuck about an innocent mistake for a game that's not even out yet.
>>
>>133795092
>Stop sperging out bud.
>Literally lost his shit constantly spamming "WITHING 15 MINUTES!!!" instead of shutting the fuck up when called a retard for not checking for other generals.
>Telling others to stop sperging out.
You're black, aren't you?
>>
File: winter wonderland.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
winter wonderland.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>133792616
Attempt at higher quality.
>>
File: 1370582075354.png (60KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
1370582075354.png
60KB, 344x345px
>>133795231
>getting this upset over nothing
>calling people black

kek
>>
File: They StartedItFixed.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
They StartedItFixed.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>
>>133795603
That's not an answer.
Why didn't you answer the question?
>>
>>
>nobody listed the plebbit poll yet

http://strawpoll.me/6970690

Here.
>>
>>133796802
>>
>>133796802
>Expecting anything but normie responses from a normie poll on a normie forum

I'm hoping I like both aspects the same but unless challenge mode isn't literal hell on earth I'll probably not play SP content after I'm done it.
>>
>>133797510

Same, and I find that hard to happen.

>Hell on earth

Killing floor reference, I presume?
>>
>>133797392
>Taking more than one shot to kill an enemy.
BULLET SPONGUEQUES!!!!!
>>
on the topic of actually discussing this fucking game:

ubisoft's press since the open beta has been pathetic. the AMA on ign was such shit. they basically cherry picked the easiest questions("will there be high end weapons?") and half-assed through those answers too

at this point it's becoming blatantly obvious that this game is gonna be short on content(20 missions max based on game files), there's no raids, and that the end-game is basically gonna be dark zone shit with it's broken pvp system
>>
>>133797958
>with it's broken pvp system

And don't forget the client-side character editing from CE children. I don't expect that they will magically mitigate every hack since OB but hey, "they never promised us anything" and crap.
>>
>>133797619

Never played killing floor, I just mean there's really only two ways challenge mode is gonna be: Extremely, painfully difficult or not much harder than hard mode.

I hope it's in between, but I doubt it will be that.
>>
>>133797958
>based on game files
[citation needed]
>>
>>133798570
reddit
>>
>>133797958

>there's no raids,
They've mentioned plans of high0player count pve content in later DLC, so I wouldn't count it out. Just not at launch
>and that the end-game is basically gonna be dark zone shit with it's broken pvp system

You can allegedly get anything you find in the dark zone from PVE in the SP too, or so they've said.
>>
>>133798721
>reddit
oh boy.

>>133798736
There's also been a fair number of rumors going around for a raid coming out two weeks after launch.
>>
>>133798736
>just buy the DLC goy

yeah no

>You can allegedly get anything you find in the dark zone from PVE in the SP too

i don't care about loot i care about gameplay. what's gonna keep me coming back after i run through the main missions with my group?

>>133798792
>There's also been a fair number of rumors going around for a raid coming out two weeks after launch

guess where those rumors originated
>>
>>133798881

>wahh everything about this game sucks and there's no content

Two things:

>The game's not out yet
and
>Why are you here if you're clearly not gonna play?
>>
>>133798881
>guess where those rumors originated
Ubisoft rep at one of the invite events I went to.
>>
>>133799139

There's a distinct difference between a ubisoft rep who is a developer and one who's promoting the game.

The latter is merely playing in people's fantasies to make them back the game up with their wallets.
>>
>>133800395
I actually lied to you exactly because I had a feeling no matter what I said you would find a reason to be a prick about it.

So here's a (you)
>>
>>133800743
>Actually lied to you

But I'm not the guy you were talking with. So you actually lied to 2 guys out of 5 posters. Congrats! Lying in the general takes a huge amount of hard work, I'm proud about you.
>>
>>133801101
That's some top quality deflection over the fact that you came up with an argument against something that didn't happen :^)

You might wanna loosen that tin hat a bit, it seems to be restricting blood from circulating to your brain.
>>
>>133801303

But the fact that he lied to you doesn't justify your lying. There are many ways to counter-attack. Right now you both look like fucking retards because of that, instead of him being the only one.
>>
>>133800395
>>133800743
>>133801101
>>133801303
>>133802596

>more thread drama

>it's between two dumbasses with a superiority complex, and about a topic that's meaningless.

we should have waited till release night to start these threads up again.

I regret contributing

just let it die folks, nothing to see till the 7th or 8th.
>>
>>133798976
the game's a week from release. we've had 2 betas, access to game files, trailers, dev demos, interviews, the works. and right now all indicators point to this game being low on content and high on repetition

>Why are you here if you're clearly not gonna play?
try again. ill play it but probably get a refund after a week

>>133799139
>>133800743
fun fact: im the original guy you were "arguing" with, and you weren't really tricking anyone with your riveting anecdote. but w/e makes you feel relevant i guess

regarding raids, there was a legit interview with a dev who mentioned that raids were something they "wanted" in the game, i.e. they're not in yet, but probably dlc and no i can't be assed to find it right now
>>
>>133803431

the open beta had about 2 hours of gameplay if you played alone.

that was 2 missions, if it has 20 mission that that scales linearly that's 20 hours of gameplay (assuming we don't need to do side missions at all to unlock anything or level up) and the side missions aren't really like the random encounters.

And there's portions of the game like crafting and gear mods we haven't gotten to touch.

I'd say there's probably 40 hours of content if we have to level once or twice between each mission and that's before you touch the dark zone

Sounds like enough content for me, I've payed more for less gameplay with much, much less polish. If you assume every game out there has 0 replay value you're usually gonna get maybe that much out of your games, and not many games have more than 20 hours of content for you to discover without running into the same stuff twice.

>inb4 procedurally generated games

most of those are samey as fuck tbqh.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.