[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gdg/ - Grim Dawn General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 804
Thread images: 105

File: writing on the wall.png (760KB, 792x656px) Image search: [Google]
writing on the wall.png
760KB, 792x656px
Spectre title sequence edition

>What is Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn is an ARPG made by a few left over developers from Iron Lore Entertainment who also made Titan Quest along with a few other devs including one D1/D2 designer. Currently you can't really pirate it because it breaks NPCS and quests (custom DRM I'm guessing) but there is a DRM free version planned for launch.

>What are some features
Dual Class System
Faction-Based Questing
Refined Loot Drops
300+ Hero Monsters
Destructible Environments
Dynamic Weather
Recipe-Based Crafting
Modding Tools (Future)
DRM Free Version (At launch in February 2016)
Survival Mode (think endless dungeon) (for all backers)
More here http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/featurelist.php

>FAQ
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/faq.php

>Game Guide
http://www.grimdawn.com/game.php

>Wiki
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>Advanced mechanics
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23720

>Build Planner
http://grimcalc.com/
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23967

>Item Database
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items

>Store Page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/

>Why is this game taking so long to make?
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=257065#post257065

>Trade
Post in the thread, in the forums or in the ledit.

>Previous bounty
>>127543516
>>
First for about to get my anus destroyed yet again while trying to progress through Bastion of Chaos.
>>
File: 1450175171988.png (143KB, 745x543px) Image search: [Google]
1450175171988.png
143KB, 745x543px
So i'm making a demolitionist focusing on fire/burn damage, my question is what to take as a secondary class.

I've crossed Arcanist out because i used it a lot recently which leaves me with either Soldier for survivability or Occultist for damage/utility.
My main problem with Occultist is that the extra damage bonuses are a bit weak, and i'm not sure how useful the utility stuff (BoD and CoF) will be.

Think i can get away with Soldier and rely on gear/devotions for the necessary damage?
>>
So on my Spellbreaker, I'm now alternating between leveling Shadow Dance (2/12) and Veil of Shadow (3/10). Should I level both to max, and is there one I should prioritize above the other?
>>
How are the occultist summons? Do they need a major investment to be worthwhile?
>>
Are there any arcanist specific weapoons? So far I found only offhands, so what do I use as main?
>>
>>127654874
occultist, going soldier will skew you towards physical damage
>>127655186
depends, if you want utility/buffs or combat pets
>>
where do I farm chilled steel
>>
>>127655412
I'm using evil eye with focused gaze, was thinking about getting the raven for the heal and hellhound for additional damage
>>
Where do I farm Order of Death's Vigil reputation the fastest?
>>
Is wearing Mirror and Flash Freezing mobs, then nuking them with Trozan's Sky Shard a viable tactic?
>>
>tfw crafted and found green weapons are yet again better than any epics or legendaries just like in TQ
>>
File: bombs internally.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bombs internally.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
>skeletal knight
Gee, that's nice DPS you've got there. It would be a shame if someone were to BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK.
>>
What's the place where supreme chest spawn every time? I only know the gollum one so far
>>
>>127654874
Im playing a Pyro right now and i think going arcanist would be the perfect dual pistol fire strike build. But the utilily from the occultist is nice when you run solo. Flash freeze is nice for CC because of the fire resi debuff but curse is the better option because you dont have to stand in the middle of all that shit to debuff everything. Im really not very sure if i would got Occultist again or switch to Arcanist if i could. I played with the solider idea recently but i have to figure out how it would work with the demo and where the synergies are. War cry is an easy choice and maybe blitz and got for shield and pistol and all the other abilities that go with that. But Anyways you wont run into the problem when dropping an leggi with high physics requirements and you cant wear it because you lack physics.
>>
>>127656764
>Block
more like Reflect bäm you are ded.
>>
Does anyone have a Wildcaller's Cowl they don't mind parting with on Hardcore?
>>
>>127656638
Make the Quests, Play the game. Every Atherial Hero and Boss not low level gives rep for them.
Buy the paper when Honored.
>>
>>127657475
>hardcore

Sorry. Got two on my softcore character.
>>
>>127657387
>sky shards arcanist
>breezing through the game
>didnt even know reflect was a thing
>bam oneshot myself
>>
>>127656887
I think its random and mostly at the end of a boss fight. Also exalted chests are the good ones but they only spawn ones every playthrought.
>>
>>127657492
Okay but do you know any good spots where I can farm Aetherials besides the one in Blood Grove?
>>
>>127654328
Level 20 Occultist Shaman pet build. Boring as fuck.

Should I reroll or just uninstall.
>>
>>127657547
Top kek.
I play coop with a petmaster.
> see reflective.
> let the pets do the dirty work.
>>
>>127657664
Reroll.
>>
>>127657664
Ever thought about killing yourself?
>>
>>127657749
Every night.
>>
>>127657614
Fort Ikon is nice for Heros spawns.
The plains outside of Fort Ikon.
The Amory is also nice because you get the boss fight at the end and dynamite. I would go Armory 24/7 if i need to and the Death Vigil quest are already done.
>>
>>127657664
you could make a vitality damage build with storm/wendigo totem + sigil of consumption+solael's witchfire etc. etc.
build it tanky with a sword and board or kity with high spirit
>>
>>127657475
I have one, I'll trade with you when I return home.
>>
>>127657982
Are you the same guy I talked to yesterday?

If so, I've accepted your Steam invite.
>>
Oops, I posted in the wrong thread. Curse Of Frailty or Flashbang?
>>
>>127658247
Canister bomb with 3 points in the 100% stun.
>>
>in Anarchy
>boss teleports outside of locked area I'm in
Cool.
>>
>>127658247
Or Curse if you lack the points/level.
>>
Trading relic blueprints:

Rampage
Deathchill
Sacrifice
Juggernaut
Savage
Arbiter
Mistborn Talisman
Infermo

One for a blood of Cthon/tainted brain/Ancient heart
>>
>>127658045
I dunno, I've traded with 5 people so far in gdg. Pretty sure that wasn't about me.

steamcommunity.com/id/Nezzlorth
>>
>>127658291

Neat. Also is the molotov cocktail skill worth it?
>>
>>127658740
Ah no, it was somebody else.

Is it ok if I send you an invite?
>>
>>127658864
Wouldn't have posted my profile if it wasn't. Feel free to add me.

I am always up to trade items for sc/hc.
>>
>>127658756
I dont really know maybe if you dedicate yourself full in the Ulzuins Chosen and all skills in the Molotov but i think its too weak and doesn't do nearly enough dmg as the fire shot with decent pistols. Also the fly time is to long and most mobs will be in your Face before the Molotov lands.
>>
I noticed that it's much more fun to grind Bastion of Chaos on Veteran than playing the game again on Elite difficulty. More rewarding too.
>>
How rare is epic gear? should I keep it for another character?
>>
The game no longer pauses when alt-tabbed or with steam overlay opened.

RIP'd because of it.
>>
>>127659712
I have 9 mule characters just for epic gear. They are always useful,if not to you, than to someone else.

>>127659594
If I am not mistaken, legendary levels are capped to 50 on normal, so eventually you'll have to move on. I also couldn't stand that place. RED and CRIMSON everywhere.
>>
>>127659831

spacebar
>>
>>127659831
Sure you didn't host a multiplayer game by accident?
>>
File: RZZQq4N[4].gif (718KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
RZZQq4N[4].gif
718KB, 500x282px
>>127659967
Changed my hotkeys around. Spacebar is to stop moving.

>>127660091
See pic. No fucking idea why it's on multiplayer.
>>
File: 2016-01-06_00001.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_00001.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>(Lie)

Fuck you, game. I actually didn't read it, why the fuck do I need to lie?
>>
File: manticore eyes.jpg (50KB, 1213x251px) Image search: [Google]
manticore eyes.jpg
50KB, 1213x251px
What does he mean by cutoff? Does shit stop dropping after a certain level?

What sort of bullshit is this?
>>
>>127660515
When the enemy's level is highlighted by a blue or gray color, they do not drop monster materials anymore.
>>
>>127660515
Praise Ulzuin! The Scorpion cat eyes will be plentiful!

It means that when you out level a mob high enough then they wont drop their special craft mats.
>>
Are there any reliable ways of lowering enemy resistances outside of class skills?
>>
>>127660748
But can you actually lose access to any material if your level is high enough? Like some monster type can't be found at your level at all.
>>
>>127660759
Devotion skills, component skills, items skills and items stats.
>>
File: ebin.jpg (928KB, 1888x627px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
928KB, 1888x627px
>>127659919
Yeah the only legendary set item I got from there was level 50. On the other hand last run gave me these epics. I just don't see the appeal of having to kite elite zombies and such on elite act 1 when I can just do this. Oh well, eventually I have to move on
>>
>>127660748
>>127660732

So I have absolutely no way of getting manticore eyes anymore? Is this fore real?
>>
>>127660932
No, nothing like that. They will also continue dropping items no matter their level. It only applies to monster materials like tainted brain matter and ancient hearts.
>>
>>127661093
When you out level them by 10 or more levels and when their name/level gets blue, yes you have to enter the next difficulty or you farm them with an other character.
>>
>>127661093
You can, you know, go to epic and/or legendary and fight them on the appropriate levels again.

>>127661074
Yeah, stay on veteran until at least level 60 imo.
>>
>just clear the entrance to the plains of strife
>2 russians join my game and we go kill the bonehunter
>another russian joins and they go straight for necropolis

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Right now I'm sitting in Fort Ikon and they're just killing crap in the Necropolis. I don't to skip the plains.
>>
>>127661415
Dont play with puppies.
Get some coop partners.
>>
>in Entropy
>slowly moseying along, doing okay for the most part
>Void Leech Hero with Unstoppable runs up out of nowhere
>*boop*
>dead
Welp fun while it lasted.
>>
So how does one open the locked gate in the Fort Ikon Prison? I'm assuming since the obvious "locked by Anasteria" bit, it's related to the quest that is "coming soon".
>>
Making a pistol fag, Demo/Arc, Demo/Sold, or Demo/Occ?
>>
>>127662160
Wow I was just about to ask this since I'm tempted to reroll into something tanky and ranged. Getting a little tired of my petfag and my Warlock (AAR) is iffy and tedious to play.

All three are fucking solid too. Wouldn't mind Demo/Occ for curse and chaos damage but, how can you even get much chaos damage?
>>
The description of Primal Strike implies that it works with a rifle, but it doesn't. Some kind of bug?
>>
>>127662160
>>127662308
See >>127656123 for some minor infos on Demo pistol feg.
>>
>tfw run out of room on all storage

Fug, time to make loot holders
>>
>>127662579
Yeah think I've made 5 mules. Good stuff. Max familiar and let it just wreck shit. Pick up a rifle if you see one, best weapon by far at level 1-5
>>
My god, x12 spawning is the greatest, suddenly farming isn't a chore
>>
Is it me or the game is piss easy on normal?
>>
>>127662856
>tfw don't want to run a trainer because I feel as if I'd run the slippery slope of cheating more and more and quickly ruining the game for me
>>
>>127661957

if you kill her, that door turns into a dungeon where can farm her for some downright shitty loot.
>>
>>127662893
Normal is easy mode.
Veteran is normal mode.
>>
Playing Saboteur and dumping all my points into vindictive flame and night's chill. Will putting a lot of points into physique significantly impact my damage output? Should I ideally be putting everything into spirit?
>>
>>127662897

I haven't slipped, and I don't really consider it cheating. I still have to fight all the enemies, it just saves me the trouble of having to reload as much
>>
>>127662856
Does 12x spawning also spawn 12x as many hero mobs?

Fighting 4 at a time is hard enough, I don't even want to think about fighting 48...
>>
>>127663428

It spawns heroes in clusters of like, 8

If you aren't significantly higher level then the enemies you're fighting, you'll get shreked
>>
>tfw have had more uniques drop from mobs than heroes/bosses
>>
>>127663582
>tfw fight more mobs than heroes/bosses
>>
Is there a list of things that let you dual-wield pistols? What does the stat look like on items?
>>
>>127662897
This, i have played abit with character copys to check out massive build changes on some chars. But the slippery slope is always a very dangerous thing.
>>
>>127664071
Volley?
2 Relics i know about.
One chest.
One Gaunlets.
One Belt.
>>
>>127664529
Character copies? How do you import other people's characters into steam? I'd like to try some. I won't keep them, but see if they're worth levelling up myself.
>>
>>127664718
the same way it worked in titans quest. Chars are saved local in your mygames/grimdawn/save folder. Just copy/pasta them .
>>
>>127664794
Is there a way to back-up your own characters? Is it supposed to be in "mygames/grimdawn/save/main ? There's only 1 character on there (my very first) and none other.
>>
>>127664992
shit.
In dont know for sure anon im at work now. Just look in the savedata folder for your chars and yes when you just copy and save your char folders somewhere else you can backup your stuff.
Maybe everything is in the steam cloud you shouldn't deactivate that until you finde your local saves of your chars .
>>
>>127663080
No. Especially if you intend to try out Elite. Survivability > Damage.
>>
>>127665174
I think I've found them. Is there a point in steam cloud outside of me losing all of my data?

Could I back-up all of my characters, turn off steam cloud and put them into the save folder? What about the stashes?
>>
two questions

am I the only one who finds Grim Dawn beautiful

and

Is there an overall guide to how I progress as a new player, should I just run through normal? etc etc etc
>>
>>127665638
Steam cloud could decide that your local stuff isnt up to date and delete everything or override your local save with old saves out of the cloud.

You could just copy your whole /mygames/Grimdawn folder and turn off steam cloud and check if everything stays. I backup my whole grim dawn folder daily since the empty transfer stash bug.
>>
>>127666041
The thing is all of my characters are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\83932987\219990\remote\save\main

How do I back up my stashes though as well? My /mygames/grimdawn only has my first character which is out-dated as well. I just want to make sure I don't fuck this up.
>>
Has anybody else tried an Aether Ray/Sigil of Consumption chaos/fire damage build?

My build is something like this right now
http://grimcalc.com/build/Yc8LOx

The damage seems to be lacking, kiting is difficult because of the slow start up of Aether Ray, and mobs just move out of Sigil of Consumption. Playing on Veteran.

Will this work as I put more points into it or is it fucked?
>>
>>127666040
I wachted gameplay of diablo 3 yesterday and the visual difference is just shocking. The clean and outlined comic look of diablo is a hard contrast to the realistic dark and dirty look of grim dawn. i personally pfeffere the visuals of grim dawn but i think the particle and visual effects of D3 are slightly better.

When you play alone just stick with normal so you dont run into problems that your build is to squishy and you die to often and dont have fun playing, the most frustrating thing for me is having a build idea that dies off when you realize you cant handel all the enemy alone on veteran.
>>
>>127666175
Oke i dont have this problem all my chars are saved under mygames...
When your char folders names are like _Imp you maybe can just backup these.
>>
>>127666535
Yeah they are _Name

Thing is I'd like to go off of steam cloud but where is my stash? How do you back up your stash? It's all good to send all of _Name from steam folder into mygames folder. What about stash?
>>
>>127666652
There should be a files names transfer and transfer.bac or something.
>>
What skill should i use for a 2h witchblade ?
>>
>>127666901
For some reason mygames has transfer.gst.bak but steam has transfer.gst (neither have both)

Feel as if I'm so close but this could fuck everything.
>>
Are opponents in depraved sanctuary always ~5 levels higher than you?
>>
>>127667072
.bak means backup, it's not a real extension.
>>
>>127667072
i cant tell what your game is doing there maybe ask a dev in the steam community they are pretty active there.
But just for the sake of it make copies of both when you want a local backup of them
>>
Has anyone tried PvP yet?

How awful is it?
>>
>>127667232

How awful do you imagine it to be? It's just as you imagined.

>>127667072
>>127664992

If steam is giving you trouble, before turning off steam clouds, on the network tab in the ingame menu, select download cloud saves.

It will overwrite whatever you have locally saved on your pc. Then you go and turn off steam cloud saving.

You could also follow this guide:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20752
>>
Any idea for a 2h crit build ? Would like to try but dont know.
>>
File: fear-face.jpg (65KB, 626x443px) Image search: [Google]
fear-face.jpg
65KB, 626x443px
>>127667520
>It's just as you imagined.
>>
Okay, gamesavefag here. Should have just done >>127667520

Overwrites local with steam cloud (latest) characters. Fucking easier. I'll backup some more and report back. Also can you turn off steam cloud for just one game?
>>
>>127666332
You're spreading yourself too thin. I'd focus on one mastery at a time and on trying to cap one skill at a time as well, although going in for a quick Curse of Frailty isn't a bad idea. Maxing out Maiven's Sphere first is more important than Conversion as well.
I'd remove skills from Occultist and invest them into the Arcanist tree ASAP, especially the bird summon. It's not that good.
>>
>>127667852
yes
>>
Is there any possible idea worse than allowing characters to be stored locally?

It basically gives faggots a free pass for hacking, duping, restoring dead HC characters, etc.
>>
>>127667909
Thanks.

I'll move some points around. I like the bird line as a 1 point wonder because his heal and stun have come in handy so far.
>>
>>127667852

Yes, you also need to right click on grim dawn in your steam library, click on properties, updates, untick steam cloud synch.

>>127668074
So what? it's a single player game that allows you to do what ever you want. We will start seeing mods soon enough.
Would you prefer an always online system? Hadn't we suffered enough from that shit in D3 and PoE?
>>
>>127668000
Have to look into it shortly.

>>127668074
yeah I just wanted a more reliable back-up. I've had steam cloud fuck me over once or twice. Wouldn't mind downloading other characters to have a test of some things but I'd still reroll and make my own type of character.
>>
Do you reckon I should keep going through occultist for vile eruption and shit or grab my second class (arcanist) now?
>>
>>127668607
Arcanist.

Inner Focus is at level 1 mastery anyway, you can grab it right away and go back to Dreeg the next level if you want.
>>
Is putting a point into summon a good idea? I need something to shield me from arrows and bullets.
>>
All backup is all good. Deleted cloud data and my characters have been restored and is all good. Stash included.

Final question, how to import new characters to test? I've dumped the new character in the main folder with the other _Name characters. Verify integrity of cache?
>>
>>127668996
Can't imagine a single point summon protecting from much.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.23.10).png (4KB, 432x106px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.23.10).png
4KB, 432x106px
>>127669102
All right I re-delete cloud data and all of the characters come back. However, the cloud data is still there despite it being turned off. There is still cloud data for GD in the steam folder.
>>
Every time I want to steal Rover's quest relic and every time I just can't do it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.31.10).png (15KB, 667x212px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.31.10).png
15KB, 667x212px
>>127669294
So it's still getting shit from steam cloud. Hopped on a character, killed a few things and grabbed up some items. Hop out, delete steam cloud then import steam cloud and it's back to before (less XP and items)

Why is it still making a steam cloud folder even though it's ticked off? >>127669294
>>
>>127668074
Just like in titans quest. But when you do such things you will get bored of that game quickly so you just destroy your own fun with such means.
>>
>>127668607
Boi use blood of dreege its bretty gud heal and the second ability gives a huge acid dmg boost.

Also i would like to know if the eye is a useful aoe skill its seems that it does to little dmg to singel target and does not have a huge aoe dmg.
>>
File: harold.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
harold.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
>grinding to get revered status with Outcast and Rovers for chaos-aether and vitality resist augments
>>
>>127668074
Oh boy, I sure love always online games with singleplayer content. Didn't drop PoE and D3 because of it at all.
>>
>>127669832
Well seems as if I can backup/save, just in a very odd fashion. I'll need to save cloud data > delete cloud data > import (all in GD main menu)

How do you guys do it? Same way I presume.
>>
I'm about to re-make my pistol wizard in hardcore, give me some tips. When should I step down a bit and get my gear in check before continuing?
>>
>>127670253
The modifier that improve its damage and AoE adding a 4 sec. cooldown is pretty radical, deals decent damage to groups without letting you spam shit and drain your energy.
>>
File: d3.png (576KB, 1082x733px) Image search: [Google]
d3.png
576KB, 1082x733px
>>
How many weapons and abilities are there?
>>
>>127671216
Do you think you can go all the way with that skill?
>>
>>127670864
Both are piss easy to get. A few runs of SoT or Bastion of Chaos and you're there. You'll get great items and rep.

>>127671689

A lot.

>>127670914
I just never use Steam cloud and just remember to back up my date manually every few days. Cloud saving always fucks me up in most games, so I hate it with a passion.
>>
Can DOT like poison crit ?
>>
>>127672213
I honestly have no idea how it will play out on elite and ultimare, the skill from Mark of Dreeg is fucking asswrecking too, spawning missiles in all directions. I think that relying on DoT with a squishy character could get you fucked. If it's just acid damage maybe it isn't that great.
>>
File: dreeg.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
dreeg.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>127673190
>>
is a totem build viable
>>
>>127673971
Maybe
>>
Guys can you make me a nurgle champion build? I've been trying for the past hour but I haven't got a clue about lategame items and devotions
>>
>>127674171
You can change your skills and devotions almost for free, so don't be afraid to experiment.
>>
Where are the blueprints stored?
>>
>>127673971
Vitality damage only. So you need occultist.
>>
>>127674171
Nurgle champion?

Hm. Probably start with Soldier for a solid defensive sword and board setup. Nurgle is all about being able to survive literally anything. Choose a main attack, grab all the defensive passives (especially Shield Training) and go for Menhir's Bulwark in the long run. After that, probably Occultist for the poison/disease stuff. Blood of Dreeg/Armor of the Guardian is a must. Bloody Pox would be very thematically appropriate as well, so you can watch everything around you die a slow and painful death.
>>
>>127674886

I was thinking more two handed scythe, maybe some lifesteal and lots of acid/poison damage with some retalation, but I have no idea how to make it work
>>
>>127674171
Are you planning to be caster or poison tank?
You can (and should) stack poison damage from multipute skills as far as I know. Spamming one skill will just refresh its duration. So you need as much item skills as you can get.
>>
>>127675064
http://grimcalc.com/build/b4IiNe
It's shit but it's something.
>>
>>127673441
on char page 2 whats the dmg you get shown there for DEE? With fire strike i was at round about 5-6k at lvl 50 for comparison.
>>
Is life leech an entirely unique type of damage like bleeding, chaos and all the others? And does it actually deal damage by itself?
>>
>>127676849
1845 - 1932
>>
>>127677417
whats the dot dmg on poisen/acid ?
>>
>>127677515
781-858 acid
1058 poison
That with acid and poison modifiers being pretty much the same
>>
Does energy absorption absorb spell damage too or it's just glorified energy leech?
>>
>>127678820

I wonder myself
>>
>you will never stop getting FPS drops despite applying fixes
>>
AYY
>>
File: GD_charstats_28.jpg (187KB, 951x424px) Image search: [Google]
GD_charstats_28.jpg
187KB, 951x424px
hey guys someone know a way to improve my char?
>>
>>127679689
18% armorpiercing is this alrdy added in? and if you add some gear up item in barrelsmith it will possible outdmg your other weapon (not because the 30
>>
>>127679828
Just dump all in physique.

But you should probably post your build aswell
>>
>>127679967
What?
>>
>>127680551
(not because the 30% lesser element buff)
>>
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING
>>
>get a decent Transcendent relic blueprint that fits my build
>need another relic that I can't make
Was only a matter of time before it happened to me. ;_;
>>
File: GD_charskills_28.jpg (363KB, 1382x630px) Image search: [Google]
GD_charskills_28.jpg
363KB, 1382x630px
>>127680147
damn the 8% xp will buff me up
>>
>loxmere nightmage

wew
>>
>>127680949
YES
ANUDDA SACRIFICE
>>
>>127680949
Don't they say "Death is just the beginning?"
>>
>>127681072

What's the name maybe I have it for trade >>127658735
>>
>>127681072
>Got the ancestor relic blueprint
>haven't haunt blueprint to craft it
Relic are the only truly retarded equipment pieces in this game, literally grinding and RNGesus.
Did anyone find mythical relics?
>>
>>127681095
i forgot the devotion tree but i dosnt skilled something there because i dont know what's good and it dont looks like it would be respec-able
>>
>>127681263
Nah. It's a Conflagration.
>>
>>127681341

You got the mats for Haunt? I can craft it for you for an ancient heart/tainted braind/blood of chton
>>
>>127681189
>DEATH IS ONLY A BEGINNING
>>
>>127681646
No I haven't founf the blueprint yet, that's the problem.
>>
>>127681706
He's saying he can make it for you if you have the mats and then give you the relic.
>>
>>127671216
The thing about the modifier is that it's SO EASY for the eye to not reach its target. At least if you can spam it, that's mitigated somewhat.
>>
What should I do?
http://grimcalc.com/build/kb2xKZ

I can't decide on 2H or dual wield and I have a hard time on choosing multiclass....
>>
>>127682524
skill pneumatic burst
>>
>>127682524
Max blades get pneumatic burst. Get rid of that melee/dual-wield shit OR get rid of the ranged blades. I'd personally get a point in the passives and RoS but most people skip them.
>>
Do you always 100% clear every single map you go through?
>>
>>127682784
Phantasmal blades gives me and incredible burst of damage every 3 seconds so nope. But might switch to guns since I just found one really powerful.
>>
>>127683069
Yes.
>>
>>127681368
SC or HC? I have it on my sc bank.
>>
>>127683069
Of course.

>>127683139
>taking ranged ability when melee
k bud
>switch to guns when you have melee skills
k bud
>ask for advice
>ignore it
k bud
>>
>>127683154
SC yes.
>>
>>127683139
there are no
>really powerful guns
>>
>>127683154
Was meant for >>127681341
>>
File: CHOMP.webm (3MB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
CHOMP.webm
3MB, 1024x600px
>>127683398
Got my hopes up.
>>
>>127683291
Post game info, I'll join
>>
How often does the raven use it's heal?
>>
>>127683554
Goddammit I JUST began a Bastion of Chaos run. Give me, I don't know, 20 minutes? Or until I inevitably die, whichever.
>>
>Have Juggernaut relic that activates every time I'm crit
>I can't be crit

I didn't think this through
>>
>>127683139
You don't get it, the blades are ranged, if you just ditched the melee and went all into blades it would be worth it, but as a melee you're going to need defensive skills and as a ranged you're going to need overwhelming damage, going half-half is not really good.
>>
>>127683505
I have both, hard to keep track who is who on phone.
>>
>>127683731
Well shit let me try to get this place done ASAP.
>>
>>127683690
Take your time,, post info when you finish.
good luck
>>
>>127683917
Heh I fucked up and let myself get swarmed and raped. Oh well.

name: gdg
pass: longcat
>>
Which one was the best blacksmith to give the hammer to? Apprentice or master?
>>
>>127684240
old man adds physic buff or resis and thee jungster adds some magic buff or resi
>>
>>127684240
master adds small phys damage and phys resist to crafts.

apprentice adds small elemental damage and ele resist to crafts.
>>
Question: do "chance for X% damage" mods work with Storm Totem?

I have a couple of those mods that give chance of increase lightning damage, but given how big lightning damage's range tends to be, I'm not sure if they're working or not.

Also, the Tempest devotion proc skill, the one that activates off criticals, does that work with totems or wind devils? Have it on my wind devils now, but I don't know if it's working or if it's just the big thunderbolts you already get from maelstrom.
>>
>>127684058
Can't find it. I will start one, same name and password. You probably did a lan game.
>>
>>127684610
reckless tempest is kind of unique looking, these giant tree branch looking bolts come down every half second around you. it also puts a tiny buff icon on you when it happens.

I imagine it will proc with your totems and or wind devils but im not sure. i have mine linked to Savagery
>>
>>127684701
Ah shit you're right. Weird. Would auto-internet for me in the past. Will look for yours.
>>
for the love of dick how do I stop having a million different components taking all my stash/inventory space
>>
>>127684794
>I imagine it will proc with your totems and or wind devils

It does and it's absolutely beastly. I think the current record in DPS is done with this kind of build.
>>
>>127662856
what trainer are you using? As far as I'm aware the one from the cheatengine forums hasnt been updated yet
>>
>>127685090
Make a mule to carry all that shit.
>>
>>127684794
Maelstrom drops forked lightning bolts every second or so around the wind devils too, and I imagine the storm would be summoned at their location, not mine, given that my tsunami shoots from my totems, not me. This is why it's confusing.
>>
>>127685090
dont pick them up- easy solved
but to reply correct i would say make a stash in your chest and one in your backpack you got like 5 layers so one is only for mats
hit the "complete components" button ans hard as possible
>>
>>127684701
Not seeing yours either.
I went ahead and made one correctly this time.
>>
>>127685156
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/hhvzQ6CS06hZaTZQJd32Xr9iULUWURiJQOw8s5MTaE8tQH0qZk7ZX1bhtl98p3uf/file?dl=1
>>
>>127685136
Yeah, it's kind of hard to tell where all the damage is coming from on my build. I have wind devils, totems, and lightning storm from the squall relic.

Alls I know is when I see mobs, I press buttons, my screen fills with lightning, and a couple seconds later, everything is dead.
>>
>>127685442

>error 404
>>
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNDED
>>
So where do you farm Tainted Brain Matter when you're too high of a level?
>>
Has anyone made a melee Acid/Poison build with Nightblade + Occultist? I'm on the fence between this and doing another and more successful Gun Wizard. My last character focused on Physical / Chaos damage and hit a wall pretty hard.
>>
>>127686430
You go to the Chthonian rifts, you farm Chthonian blood and then you trade them for brain matter or hearts.
>>
>>127686186

Whoops, try this

j.mp/GDTH_v53c
>>
>>127686578
Is it 1:1?
>>
>>127687170
Yeah. Costs 10k iron bits iirc.
>>
>>127687382
Does Horrus spawn in the same place every time?
>>
File: hkieo.jpg (35KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
hkieo.jpg
35KB, 320x278px
>drops right after you leave
Shieeeeet
>>
Is Saboteur dual wield Melee good? Also what skills to get besides the dual wield tree and the fire strike tree?
>>
>>127687504
yup
>>
>>127687839
And that's close-ish to the Interior riftgate right? I really don't remember.
>>
Does higher difficulty yield better xp/drop rate?
>>
Ranged build are op like POE ?
>>
>>127688428
Melee overall is stronger and easier. Ranged usually requires some love early/mid game (esp spell casters are shit early) whereas melee is strong from level 1 all the way to 85. Far tankier and sustainable.

Generally, this is. Not saying non-melee is shit.
>>
>>127688428
>>127688564
I started with a sorcerer (ranged dual wield pistols) and later made a druid...melee is miles ahead in terms of dmg
>>
Are any of the following worth using for a Fire Strike pistol build?

Markovian's Advantage
Fighting Spirit
Zolhan's Technique
Counter-Strike

Assuming these work with pistols.
>>
>Just want to keep making characters to try out different builds rather than stick with one to end game
Every time
>>
>>127687920
he's kinda in between the first and last riftgates in the necropolis
>>
File: regen.jpg (23KB, 312x122px) Image search: [Google]
regen.jpg
23KB, 312x122px
BUT WHY
>>
File: gatsu.jpg (31KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
gatsu.jpg
31KB, 400x417px
best class combo for a Guts build?

Soldier+Demolitionist
or
Shaman+Soldier
>>
>>127689808
Soldier + Soldier
>>
>>127689808

Soldier occultist, get that chaos damage son
>>
File: GD_warp_shard.jpg (22KB, 319x195px) Image search: [Google]
GD_warp_shard.jpg
22KB, 319x195px
damn if i not use it i feel like i would need 10 pots more per minute
>>
File: wut.gif (1003KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
1003KB, 250x251px
>heroic bug swarm
>>
>>127689369
because the devs are retarded. Then they add in things to the game like Mogdrogens pact and pretend its an actual thing that people might use.

Compare that to the same passive buffs at the bottom row of either soldier or arcanist and you wonder if any thought went into the classes at all
>>
>in BoC
>4Hero lmao
>one keeps summoning adds
And that's the story of how I got my anus reamed again.
>>
File: Shaniqua_WAT.gif (785KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Shaniqua_WAT.gif
785KB, 400x225px
>>127690397
>mogdrogen's pact not useful

>11 points gives you an aura with +30% max health to yourself and allies along with some health and mana regen

>not useful
>>
So I just died to that serpent fuck down below the dungeons in devils crossing. I dont even know how I was watching my health, was around 75% and then I just died.
>>
Anyone has Reckoning blueprint?
>>
>>127689808
Soldier + Demo + http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Mistborn_Talisman_%28relic%29
>>
Guys if I have two skills that proc on default attacks and the sum of their proc chance goes beyond 100%, what happens?
>>
>tfw sitting on 6 defenders of devils crossings

I just want a hellmaw shotgun ;_;
>>
>>127690753
it will guarantee every default attack is instead either of the skills. with more frequency being given to the skill with the higher percentage.
>>
>>127690576
MOGDROGENS PACT not heart of the wild you fucking imbecile.

Maybe try reading once in a while?
>>
>>127691108
heart of the wild is part of mogdrogen's pact

you can't have it without it.

maybe you try not being a colossal retard
>>
>>127690594
Get poison resist
>>
>>127691260
You're telling me that the dev's necessarily had to create a useless bloat skill in order to provide us with the level 15 equivalent Shaman Military Conditioning?

Is that what your fucking telling me? Yes, sure Mogdrogens Pact isn't a useless filler skill and was totally necessary to be added to the game so that you could use 11 points on heart of the wild instead of 10

Good point anon, great logic
>>
>>127691432
it provides a second class alternative to getting a passive health boost besides soldier

since shaman also deals with pets, they intregraded it into an aura so it not only boosts your health, but that of your minions as well.

I understand this is difficult to grasp because your a horsecocksucker, but try for once in your life to not be a faggot.
>>
>>127691618

Why waste time with a retard?
>>
>>127691752
said your father to your mother on the day you were born.
>>
>>127691618
Mogdrogens Pact does not provide the benefit you are talking about. Heart of the Wild does this. What are you not getting you nignog? Its a useless bloat placed at the beginning of the good stuff. Literally would be better had the first skill in the line been HotW. How can you even be arguing this?

At 10 points MC gives 30% health and 10% physique

At 12 points MP gives 30 health regen, and 7 energy regen... ITs FUCKING USELESS

Why are you drawing attention to a skill that I am not even talking about
>>
>>127691432
>being this mad because some skill doesn't compliment your build
>>
File: 2016-01-06_00002.jpg (721KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_00002.jpg
721KB, 1920x1080px
Yeah, SoT run paid off and that was my first run ever, I like it.
That said, how much attspeed is good for double pistols? I found a new pistol, had less base damage but gave a juicy amount of +17% attspeed and chain lightning chance on attack.

>>127689369
>>127690397
Reminds me of Titan Quest regen, utter crap but I cant remember if IT or Soulvizier fixed it, but oh boy, how they did fix that shit, you could get artifacts with base regen + 50% health regen, you would get crazy amounts of life back.
>>
>>127692034
its doesnt compliment any build. It is literally nothing and useful to no one

go on and come up with a build that uses it to any appreciable degree. I'll wait
>>
>tfw you're 90 hours in and discover the loot filter
>>
>>127692496
whats that
>>
>>127692496
I still cant decide if I stay with yellow or skip to greens... you need a lot of dosh for stuff in that game but the inventory gets so full ...
>>
>>127692496
I love that it's there form the beginning, unlike PoE and their retard developers

"NO LOOT FILTERS, it ruins the design of the game."

then people made their own poe hud with a loot filter in it

they banned everyone that used it, and then released their own loot filter, it being the exact same fucking thing form the poe hud
>>
>>127684610
I'm curious about this as well. Anyone know if chance of +% skills work with totems/devils?
>>
>>127692287

Not him but I use veterancy which is the equivalent of MP in soldier.

I regen 250hp/s with menhir, it works I can facetank bosses without using pots, if I go to 40% menhir's will kicks in, I use overguard and I am literally unkillable through sheer health regen

So yeah if I were a soldier/shaman hybrid with health regen in mind I would have gotten it and it would have worked
>>
File: Bugs.png (83KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs.png
83KB, 342x245px
Is it just me having having horrible luck or are the drops worse in Elite and Ultimate? Ever since I hit level 50 I got Legendaries for days on Normal / Veteran. Once even got 5 legendary drops within the time span of 30 minutes. But after moving on to Elite I saw 3 legendary drops + 1 legendary from the Loggy quest. On Ultimate I'm halfway through act 2 and I haven't seen a single legendary yet and not that many epics either for that matter. I haven't upgraded my gear even once since I started playing on Elite.
>>
>>127692931
overguard and menhirs are allowing you to survive due to damage reduction mechanics. Not because of your health regen. Try taking out veterancy and see how much of a difference it makes
>>
>>127693427
also you probably have menhirs will which gives a non-trivial amount of regen
>>
>>127693135
Wow really? I very rarely got Legendaries on Normal. I'm playing Vet now and I am noticing more blues then I did in Normal. I'm only Lv 21 though.
>>
>>127693728
disregard the probably have menhirs part, im retarded
>>
>>127693135
>tfw didn't even get a legendary from the final quest on Veteran at L51
>>
>>127693135

I can confirm from my experience. Did a full run of epic two days ago, only got one shitty duped legendary on act 4. On another character, I just reached darkvale on ultimate, and only 2 drops so far. Fuck, I killed Fabius 5 times In a row on epic, and only got shitty greens and one empowered crossbow. Meanwhile, he always dropped blues and legendaries every second kill on veteran.
>>
>>127693135
rng gonna rng, at some moment you have shit luck and the day after that you are getting shit tons of good loots.

Or you also could be unlucky forever, but I dont wanna think about it.
>>
File: 1451709233039.jpg (97KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
1451709233039.jpg
97KB, 1200x840px
>>127694818
>>127695110
This is just a shot in the dark but do you think the time of day in-game or weather may have some sort of effect on drop rates?
>>
How significant is the choice between Kymon's Chosen and Death's Vigil?

I had a look at the item database and being a lightning caster means that Kymon's items are more suitable to me, but desu neither of them look all that attractive to me.
>>
Just picked this game.

Why 99 % of the build have soldier or arcanist ?
>>
>>127695992
deaths >
>>
>>127693427
>>127693728

Satisfied, having menhir's is irrelevant, it's part of the build, I take damage, I can sustain myself without doing anything, in a grave situation that regen would be the difference between death or not, between making it to the potion cooldown or being able to dps down enemies.

Also you are a very arrogant person and the idea that you would tell how someone else's character works is so fucking arrogant all it achieves is making you look like an asshat.

>>127693135

They're raising the legendary drop on ultimate apparently according to reddit
>>
>>127695110
The thing is that every day is a good day for loot for me when I play on Normal. Even today when I hopped back to a lower level character to play on Normal I got good loot. I've never a particularly bad day ever since I got Grim Dawn.

It's just that whenever I play on Elite or Ultimate I get crap. Starting from the warden's dungeon on Ultimate today I killed a ton of named monsters. They were everywhere clustered in 2's or 4's mostly. No one dropped anything, not even a single epic. The only one who dropped an epic was the Warden himself. Ironically it was the Empowered Soiled Trousers.
>>
>>127696043
Because they are most versatile so you pick them when you are not sure what are you building yet.
>>
What is most crazy and fun build?
>>
>>127696043
Because they are the two best masteries that do everything. Good DPS and good survi. Mostly the survi part as no other masteries have the same defensive capabilities as Arcanist or Soldier. They are the least hybridized masteries as well having a very clear focus on the skills and passives that are within the two trees.
>>
>>127695684
Well, true random doesnt exist and most of the time ARPG have hidden system working behind the scene to make sure you drop good stuff from time to time, like the D3 leg times (but this one is really crude desu)

It would need intensive testing, or the code to be released. If they use the same engine as TQ, maybe the drop system is the same and you can find info on it on some obscure corner of the internet, but it's really a shot in the dark.
>>
File: fantASStic.jpg (33KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
fantASStic.jpg
33KB, 328x500px
>>127696213
>Ironically it was the Empowered Soiled Trousers
That's lulzy.
>>
>>127696136
you mean this is without veterancy right? Yeah like I said. That amount of health regen is trivial. Just like Mogdrogens. Thanks for the proof.
>>
>>127696902
and anon, i basically just saved you 10 skill points. Now go put them into something useful
>>
>>127696902

Nope, the webm proves that I can sustain damage from a large group of enemies without doing anything for half a minute, the webm proved that health regen is useful, your posts reek of ignorance and stupidity since you couldn't wrap your head around a build that would make use of health regen mechanics, now that you have been proven wrong you are simply going rogue and spouting nonsense when you have the proof in webm form.
>>
>>127696043
because they are the only two classes in which the devs had any forthought into their designs. Everything else was an afterthought after they received their kikestarter shekels
>>
Cursed smith a best
Also why the fuck there is no smith in fort Ikon? I mean there is but I can just talk to him
>>
>>127697242
like a said. Respec out of veterancy and show another webm. Your post proves nothing but the fact that you've made a tanky soldier build and wasted 10 points on veterancy
>>
What is the level cap in this game? I can't get any straight answers from google. All I cant find are forums threads of people asking what the level cap is, or what the final level cap is going to be, or bitching about the level cap being too low (which concerns me). I'm sure all of this is because the game has been in early access and has been subject to constant change, but it would really help to know what the damn cap actually is.
>>
>>127697253
The arcanist shield was recently redesigned and it works differently than before
>>
>>127697478
85 now. I do believe they'll be raising it to 100 once it is fully fully released. With modding the level cap is limitless.
>>
File: sweet dreams.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
sweet dreams.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
So, I just fought Fabius for the first time on elite with my tanky battlemage. It took 15 minutes to chip him down through his blade barrier and PB heals. That nigga don't fuck around.
>>
>>127697393

Like I said, you can clearly see that I sustain myself through damage without taking any action for more than half a minute, you're just going rogue now with your argument.
>>
File: confused.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
205KB, 505x431px
>be an Aetherial
>a powerful extradimensional being of pure magic power
>at full scale war with those Chthon fucks
>taking over the human world
>"ayy lemme just possess this fucking scarecrow and hang out in this empty field all day, shit will be so cash"
>>
>>127697870
Stop responding to it.
>>
By the way fuck the Conflagration.
>>
>>127697870
Let's recap shall we?

my original argument was that the health regen provided by Mogdrogen's pact was trivial and the skill was worthless.

You went on to say that your build took veterancy, a skill which provides a similar amount of health regen, and went on to make the claim that you were able to successfully survive due to a combination of menhirs will and overguard.

I surmised that veterancy offers nothing of value to your build, and that menhirs and overguard alone were providing the tank. To which you still have not proven otherwise

You'd be better off maxing overguard and menhirs as well as shield training if you haven't already
>>
>>127698405

Your recap adds nothing to the argument, the vast majority of the webm I was not under the effect of neither will's or overguard, not to mention overguard adds nothing to regen in itself other than a % and needs a base regen stat to work on, provided by veterancy and such.
>>
File: 1429813858883.jpg (30KB, 290x275px) Image search: [Google]
1429813858883.jpg
30KB, 290x275px
>tfw no Warden build
>you'll never be an Aether themed melee warrior
>>
>>127698897
Are you the same retard posting this every day?

Either learn to use your own fucking brain or learn to read the fucking official forums.
>>
>>127698641
You popped overguard while you were still under the affects of Menhirs will you dingus!
>>
>>127699178

How does that contradict what I said?
>>
>Eh lets try out a new build
>make new guy

Holy shit, is the base speed actually this slow? I'm way too used to speed enhancing gear
>>
>>127699314
your base regen is trivially modified by veterancy thats how it contradicts what you said. Most of that regen is coming from physique and from menhirs will
>>
>>127699164
It's the first time I've said it and I've never seen anyone mention it in all my time in these threads.
Dunno what looking at the forums would help since there aren't enough spells or skills to support that kind of style.
>>
>>127699817

You are factually wrong.

Menhir's will lasts 10 seconds

Physique does not affect % abilities

I get a grand total of 35 health regen from physique, that again, does not affect my abilities.
>>
>>127692496
Filters out components, don't bother
>>
File: 2016-01-07_00001.jpg (474KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_00001.jpg
474KB, 1920x1080px
Does the reduction work on bosses?
>>
>>127700243
no it doesnt
>>
>>127700263
No.
>>
What are the main attributes for a shaman without pets?
>>
>>127700342
Wiered, I filtered into magic+ and it didn't show any components for most of that quest with the water pump, haven't used it since
>>
>>127700781
Melee or caster?

It doesn't matter, either way it's Physique.
>>
>>127700781
Physique, Cunning and Spirit.
>>
>>127700236
>I get a grand total of 35 health regen from physique

And how much, exactly, does veterancy give?
>22
>>
>try build
>not really sure how to build it while leveling and end up feeling UP

rip
>>
>>127700263
They have crazy resists and there is no spirit mastery.
>>
File: 1430378178796.png (46KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1430378178796.png
46KB, 184x184px
Gimme some build ideas. I have no idea what to do next. Preferably something with Nightblade since I've probably played that Mastery the least.
>>
>>127701147
Can I be both? I was planning on maxing out Wind Devil and both two hander skills.
>>
>>127701724
Poison witch hunter.
>>
File: 2016-01-07_00001.jpg (688KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_00001.jpg
688KB, 1920x1080px
>>127701760
I'm not using both 2-hander skills, but yeah you can do melee and have Wind Devil. It works pretty well, and you can use the Wind Devil to draw mobs towards you even around corners which is situationally useful, especially to separate melee mobs from ranged mobs.
>>
>>127701238

That scales off items, abilities and devotions.

My physique regen is worthless, that's why your'e stupid, you see 30 health regen and go ooga booga filler, instead someone who understands the game sees it and understands that it's a complimentary ability that will work with others.

The regen % from something like overguard on its own is worthless, so is the increased % from will when it procs, instead I can sit at 250 health regen and ramp it up when I need, effectively providing a second cooldown other than the potion, not that I find myself ever using them since everything dies before that.
>>
>>127701909
I was actually thinking about something like that. So if you said it then it must be so.
>>
>>127701760
Sure, you can do anything, but why not take Briarthorn instead? It's easier to manage since you don't need to constantly resummon him, plus he's a great support buddy for you since he has an AoE stun and can buff your total damage and OA.
>>
Hey didn't know this guy could drop his weapon
>>
File: 2016-01-07_00002.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_00002.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
>>127702326
A fucking minute after posting my build I fuck up and die.

RIP
>>
So I am making a lightning paladin warder. Is the lightning bolt constellation shit or would it be worth picking up after anvil?

Also I don't know how it took me so long to figure out that it is better to put a bunch of points into skills while leveling up to reach a mastery skill, since respeccing is essentially free anyway. I am sure this will change with official release.
>>
File: 1435489256079.jpg (57KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
1435489256079.jpg
57KB, 416x700px
>>127690397
>>127691108

It's useful to hardcore players.
>>
>>12770292
Damn, well, if at first you don't succeed...

Are you the same guy who I traded with earlier today? Goodluck with your next character man.
>>
>>127703642
If you're the guy I got my cool antler helmet from, yeah that was me.

RIP cool antler helm.
>>
>>127703839
check out Devouring Swarm if you need more HP options on Shaman.

spreading resistances with armor components is important around 30ish if you're not getting any from your devotion stars anyways.
>>
Let's say I deal fire retalation, does it scale with +%fire? or does it only scale with +%total retalation?
>>
>>127703839

Well, I'll raise a glass to your dead character. You gonna roll a Druid again?
>>
>>127704582
Only with +% total retaliation and +% fire retaliation
>>
>>127704245
Didn't really have any points left over from it.

Though honestly I don't even know what killed me. I got sucked into the Ashen Waste, killed a bunch of guys, fought a tough hero monster, didn't really have any trouble fighting anything apart from having to quaff the occasional potion to keep my healt topped off, and then just lost health insanely fast for some reason, while my potions and Mirror were on cooldown.

I'm guessing it was some environmental hazard I failed to see or something.

>>127704690
Nah, I've got a bunch of different ideas I want to try. Probably going for Trickster or Witchblade next.
>>
>>127704730

fug that's dumb, they should really get rid of retalation modifiers they are so counter intuitive
>>
>>127704805
Not in the ashen waste the only thing in there that could drain your health super fast would be vitality damage.

It's a portal in the bloody grove.
>>
>>127705102
>It's a portal in the bloody grove.
Yeah I clicked it without really thinking about it. Bit surprised since everything there was 5 levels higher than what I had been fighting, but like I said I didnt have much trouble with it until my healt suddenly went from 100 to 0 in like 2 seconds.

There weren't even any enemies nearby like you can see in the screenshot. I just finished killing them when my health started dropping.
>>
>>127704805
>>127705283

Some of the ch'thonians have some mean vitality/chaos attacks, it might have been a dot or one of these tiny vortex spells that move around, can sometimes be hard to spot them under you.
Maybe one of the enemies you killed had a death wave like the harbingers do.
>>
>>127705429
I guess.

Oh well, better luck next character.
>>
File: didntdropshitcaptain.png (3MB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
didntdropshitcaptain.png
3MB, 1920x1079px
Came across a cave in Mud Row with this asshole in it. Has anyone seen something this overleveled in an area?
>>
File: brutal.jpg (128KB, 750x746px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
128KB, 750x746px
What's your favorite devotion constellation/skill?
>mfw finally reach Oleron
>>
File: 48247740_p0.png (350KB, 754x800px) Image search: [Google]
48247740_p0.png
350KB, 754x800px
Arcanist/Occultist here.

What constellations should I go for? I'm really new and have no clue exactly how things work.
I don't even know if the "7% fire damage" etc stuff affects my spells.
Ghoulish hunger sounds great, but I'm not sure if that affects my spells either.

tl;dr best constellations for Warlock?
>>
File: 1439934617026.jpg (39KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
1439934617026.jpg
39KB, 600x603px
shaman is so fucking ridiculous
>>
>>127706037
Yeah, there are a couple of places with enemies who are between 5-8 levels above you.
The first few areas give you a warming when you enter, something like "a presence far stronger then you can be found here". You had one when you entered.
>>
>>127707057
actually that's the only area where you get this message
>>
>>127706370
The fire damage should affect all your abilities; spells, attacks, whatever. If it has a fire damage component, it'll scale it.

Ghoulish hunger is fucking awful, btw.

What damage are you going to scale? Chaos? Aether? What is your master plan?
>>
>>127707543
You also get it in the Depraved Sanctuary
>>
How do you kill the guy in Necropolis who drains all your energy and debuffs you in a second. Shit's strong as fuck.
>>
File: 1416396767288.png (408KB, 572x607px) Image search: [Google]
1416396767288.png
408KB, 572x607px
>Retaliation build against high density low hp melee mobs
>>
>>127707692
Chaos sounds cool so I'd like to do that. I guess I like burst damage with a little survivability. I fucked up by putting ALL of my stats into Spirit for the first 25 levels. Just now investing in Physique so I can actually equip armor.
>>
>>127707543
I got it in the one dungeon with the big ass dranghoul boss outside Burrwitch.
>>
>>127708242
That's the Smuggler's Basin where the original guy was at.
>>
File: 1438564182917.jpg (132KB, 480x481px) Image search: [Google]
1438564182917.jpg
132KB, 480x481px
Look for constellations that give you chaos damage and start filling those out. Sigil of Consumption is OP as fuck if you're using it, so you can also nab vitality dmg without feeling too bad.
>>
>>127708669
thanks my nigger
>>
File: 1410827289627.jpg (12KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1410827289627.jpg
12KB, 380x250px
>>127708189

>retalation buold against high hp high resistance slow hitting bosses
>>
do weapon types really not make a shit's bit of difference? why's there like a gorillion of them?
>>
>>127710468

some abilities and devotions only work with certain types
>>
>>127710468
>do weapon types really not make a shit's bit of difference
Speed and piercing
>>
would stacking vitality damage on shaman be decent?
>>
>>127710951
only if you're going to dual-class with occultist because dose lowered resistances dat second rite
>>
the only thing I dont like is the BIG GATDAMN FEET
>>
>>127702929
>>127702326
>2H Melee
>Hardcore
pick one
>>
File: spede.gif (19KB, 100x92px) Image search: [Google]
spede.gif
19KB, 100x92px
>I'll just put all my points in Physique
>I'll get attack rating from gear and skills

Now I'm lvl 58 and have 60% change to hit on some of the bosses in the last area. Couldn't kill last boss because I was getting overwhelmed by adds.

What's the best way to get my hit rating up? I'm full soldier and just got to the last tier of skills so I'm grinding levels for the one that gives +% offensive rating.
>>
>>127714590

Malkoviam whats its name, when it procs it lowers enemy defense, or the second blitz skill also lowers enemy defense
>>
File: Uaoaontitled.png (323KB, 1235x1294px) Image search: [Google]
Uaoaontitled.png
323KB, 1235x1294px
So this is my build Im working towards (Ignore stat points, using that to track what Ive used so far)

http://grimcalc.com/build/GrX8UD

And attached is some of the gear I'm considering using.

How fucked am I?
>>
File: 1396158768267.png (41KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
1396158768267.png
41KB, 489x479px
>place a new wendigo totem to refresh its duration
>blood pact buff disappears and doesn't reactivate for a good 2-3 seconds, meaning i have none of its crucial life leech during that time
>dumb ass crow summon has a 24s long buff with zero cooldown
>he lets the buff fall off me and doesn't recast it unless he fucking feels like it, giving it ~70% uptime on average
this shit needs to stop
>>
>started a melee poison witchhunter
>normal veteran and survivability is already an issue

So, I'm probably going to end up remaking until I get a build that will work for Ultimate and/or Hardcore

Shaman seemed pretty fucking great, should I pair it with Soldier or Arcanist? Because it seems like you will need either of those if you have any hope of surviving ultimate for the passives they bring
>>
>find dying guy in cultists lair
>cant find his tree stump
>go back to ask him
>human remains
neat but fuck
>>
Warder from a few threads ago that had no resistance. Still don't have much and respected hardcore and fucked up so now I'm pretty much facerolling potion popping crazed Warder now.

Got a bunch of Legendaries; most aren't really for my build but they keep me alive.

Was trying to go for a good guy Paladin/Thor chick but thanks to RNG I look pretty grim.
>>
>>127716420
My Druid has been tearing apart HCV, I'm about to get started on finish the game and enter elite but I've been farming the shit out of Steps and Bastion to get ready. Get 600-700% Lightning damage ASAP then focus on resistances and you'll be the new Ultos. Level up as melee until you have the gear to support beiing a caster, when you hit the warden respec into sky shards temporarily or you will not have a good time.

Side rant to say that fucking sick of these captcha I miss the old fortune and hiroshima isn't getting a fucking cent from me
>street name signs
>ok
>FAIL BECAUSE THAT GREEN SIGN HAD LETTERS ON IT
>repeat ad nauseum
>>
File: 1387166317081.jpg (43KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1387166317081.jpg
43KB, 500x349px
>>127716420
>mfw melee poison witchhunter
>mfw maxed NJE
>mfw Acid Spray and Scorpion Sting linked to Dreeg's Infinite Gaze
>mfw bosses melt like butter in a microwave

Jesus fucking christ it's absurd how much damage I'm doing.
>>
File: c.png (2KB, 454x19px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
2KB, 454x19px
>>127717519
>>
>>127717519
600-700% lightning damage? jesus. i'm a 50 stormcaller in elite and i only have 305% lightning damage. not having trouble killing shit
>>
>>127717693
Can you link more then one thing to an ability?
>>
>>127717772
thanks senpai
>>127717842
You'll need it for elite/ultimate, supposedly.
Reaching 600% isn't too difficult with the right epics and faction gear. Do not snuff faction gear, shit's fire.
>>
>>127717937
I wish. I have acid spray on shadow strike.

DIG is still good enough for procs since if you get snuggly to bosses it will hit them about a billion times so it's almost guaranteed to go off.
>>
>>127717693
I have no problem melting bosses, but I die if I take more than 2 hits and even with Blade Barrier I'm not convinced that this build will be tremendously effective for HC
>>
>>127718085
also devotions, rush tempest and spear of the heavens asap, and don't forget that you can get +10% lightning augment from Rovers which is piss-easy reputation to earn.
>>
>>127718085
Different Anon here but I'm going for sword/board Stormcaller/Anvil/Tempest build. I don't have a lot of Eletric type gear. I was planning on grinding Outcast for her electricity gear but Im not sure.

I have Legendary Gear but it's not for me but it keeps me alive.
>>
>>127718315
You can probably still get pretty survivable though. Dump points into Shadow Dance and Veil of Shadow and don't DW because shields are OP. You've got two heals and additional armor because Armor of the Guardian.

You probably will never get soldier tanky but that's not the point. You can SS and then walk away and let things die from the DoT. I think it'll at least be decent until Elite.
>>
>>127718085
Also reminder that if you get two words, one readable and a garbage one, you can type whatever you want insteand of the readable word.
>>
>>127716324
>>dumb ass crow summon has a 24s long buff with zero cooldown
I really wish pet abilities could be placed on your own bar and commanded, like in Guild Wars 1.
>>
>>127717519
What abilities do you use?
>>
File: fi.jpg (41KB, 266x500px) Image search: [Google]
fi.jpg
41KB, 266x500px
>constantly hunting down boss mobs and doing big quests hoping to find my first legendary
>kill a pack of random piece of shit white enemies
>legendary pops out
is it shit? the fact that it's designed for one of the hardest nerfed abilities in the game makes me think so
>>
>staring at devotions for an hour trying to figure out what path to take

the true grim dawn starts here
>>
>>127721668
can't wait for the flash/html5/java planner tool that's inevitably going to be made
>>
>>127721618
>Zero resists
If Bloody Pox gets buffed, it could be decent, but it doesn't seem too great. It is level 50, after all.
>>
>Boss is ranged
>Has that lifesteal AoE
>I'm retaliation
Jesus fuck at least give me ranged retaliation damage if I'm next to the enemy
>>
>>127723580
>going for just retaliation with no other complementary damage

it's your own damn fault honestly
>>
>tfw going from DW blademaster to shield made me not only hella more tanky but I also do even more damage
I just don't know
>>
>>127723767
>>127723580
Really this is true of most builds
Focus on one damage type and you're fucked when you happen across something practically immune
>>
I like how this game rewards exploration and adaptation. I wish essential recipes would drop more often though.
>>
Are there any good YouTube channels to watch for Grim Dawn?
>>
>first legendary drops
>falls THROUGH the floor
>look it up right away
>apparently its patched to pop up again
>doesnt pop back up
im fuck
>>
>>127729043
I like meathead mikhail and wolfoverclocked games
>>
File: lhMk-EhS[1].jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lhMk-EhS[1].jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>sick of lootless torment runs even with nemesis
>get trainer
>increase spawn rate to x5
Jesus Christ How Horrifying.onion
>still no loot
>>
>>127729636
Give us a link to the Trainer? 5x spawn sonuds fun
>>
File: 2016-01-06_20-07-00.png (38KB, 322x509px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_20-07-00.png
38KB, 322x509px
>>127729310
>first legendary drops
>pic related
>don't play occultist
>second legendary drops
>pic fucking related

also, can anyone tell me how to turn off loot names appearing by default? I know of X and Z for the filter but turning off the "Lock Item Pickup" in general settings didn't seem to do anything, how retarded and blind am I being?
>>
>>127729804
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=580982&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=465

Scroll down a little and you'll find it.
>>
>>127729993
There's a small icon to the left of your health bar. I hope that helps
>>
>>127730284
Worth mentioning that it's Beta and to back up your character files before using it.
>but I cloud save
>network tab
>download save
>disable Cloud Saving
>exit game
>make backups
The version b one fucked up my reputations and made things behave really strangely but the version c one seems to be working just fine.
Really the only useful options are character renaming, increased spawn rate, and custom zoom, rest is what you'd expect from a cheat program.

Mods when
>>
>>127730425
Jesus christ how did I not notice that?
I really should start reading manuals.
You're okay, Anon. You can come to my house and fuck my sister.
>>
>>127730801
And the button on the right lets you resize the minimap.
>>
>>127731176
Thanks, they seem so obvious now but I really thought they were just decorations on the UI.
>>
If I'm a warlock who will focus basically completely on casting spells, elemental damage and chaos damage, can I reduce Curse of Frailty to 1? Would that be a bad idea?
I just want to afford Aether Ray as soon as possible.
>>
File: 2016-01-06_20-24-43.jpg (120KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_20-24-43.jpg
120KB, 1366x768px
Storm Totem is dangerously cheesey
>>
>>127729310
A little late but if you rotate your map or apply filters until you see the name you can just click on the label and pick it up.
>>
>play dual-wield Spellbreaker
>only ~330-360% lightning damage
>can't get more because every augment/component is dedicated to resists
>still isn't enough resists to stop me from being somewhat squishy
>>
File: 1424017886458.jpg (137KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1424017886458.jpg
137KB, 803x688px
>>127731640
I brought that up on the forums once the community response was "well some mob attacks go through the walls."
>>
Is wendigo totem worth using with storm totem? I've played with it a bit, but it seems kinda iffy because you seem to need to be basically in melee range (it only seems to heal after damaging enemies). Is it worth putting points into?
>>
>>127732457
it makes you immortal so yes
>>
>>127732227
Rover auguments (i think, either them or kymon's chosen) give you more lightning damage and blessed steel gives you +elemental in general and a skill that reduces elemental resist on your target.
>>
File: XFGNcjx.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XFGNcjx.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>3 bosses
not like this crate pls
>>
>>127732590
I rarely seem to be in range of it, though.
>>
>>127732864
Nah nigga I gotta use augments for resists for myself because I'm fucking flimsy.
>>
>>127732864
Amber gives lightning damage and electrocute damage too.
>>
If this game added PoE maps and a steady patching of new items and maybe some more classes... God damn. I'm having a nice time with this damn game.
>>
druid or elementalist?
>>
>>127732331
>well some mob attacks go through the walls.
I've been playing this game since it was announced for EA and have never encountered this.
All kinds of bullshit, but never wallhacking mobs.
>>
>>127736109
Druid centered around Maelstrom and Storm Totem stronk
see >>127717519
>>127731640
My PC is too shit or I'd record a webm in action, but it's basically lightning everywhere and wondering where all the trash went.
>>
>shrine asks for a component that I can't craft due to never getting the recipe
Fuck
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/VpLIoi

How this for an elemental 2H Barbarian build ? Not too familiar with the shaman tree desu
>>
Some gay family said they wanted to pay a guy working for Cronley some scrap in order to survive. I said "fuck that" and killed the nigger. Now I feel horrible because they said I fucked them over. Why can't they just follow me to Devil's Crossing DAM.
Can I go kill Cronley real quick before they get word of this and send out a death squad and they'll survive?
>>
>>127737160
http://grimcalc.com/build/zIh1Y8
Here's mine. Melee and lightnings everywhere.
>>
>>127737385
Their children get abducted if you choose to kill the guy and you get a quest to save them. If you just give the dude some scrap he leaves them when you kill Cronley anyway.
>>
>>127737813
If I recall, they all get killed and only the children are taken prisoner or something.
>>
You're strong but now I will demonstrate my true pooOOOWERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>127738295
>begins ejaculating furiously all over the room
>>
>>127737160
Also for devotions Tsunami and Tempest are great. When Tempest procs it's like fucking apocalypse, everyone gets fucked.
>>
Fuck you Warden man!

I'll show you who's the boss of this jail.
>>
any tips for a dual wield pistol sorcerer? I can clear rooms well enough but boss fights take forever. Im using flashbang and canister bomb for the stun with firestrike as main attack.
>>
Could I get a back-of-the-book summary of the story?
>>
>>127739381
>niggas invade to possess people
>some other niggas summon different niggas to kill all the people instead
>shit dies; everything is fucked
>>
>>127739254
More right-click. Post you're tree.
>>
>>127740093
>you're
>>
>>127739254
>>127740093
http://grimcalc.com/build/kQFHbc
>>
>>127740589
seems like you're new to 4chan. welcome and fuck off.
>>
>>127740903
pretty rude desu
>>
>>127740712
50/50 seems a bit of a waste on Demo unless you're getting more. I personally went 25/50 and 50/50 into Soldier. Pistolfags like my dual-pistol are quite squishy so you just pump damage. Oh and procs are god-tier in this game.
>>
>>127741176
By "getting more" I meant getting more points/skills that require the 50 points into Demo. Pretty tired right now but if you have specific questions, ask away.
>>
>>127741373
I thought brimstone was the main dmg dealer? it allows me to clear rooms easily like i said, but seems meh on boss fights. What would you suggest?
>>
File: 1437584278572.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1437584278572.png
226KB, 468x345px
>>127739381
Cthon is a primordial god, he gets betrayed and killed by his children, they use his blood to create all life, since Cthon is a god he can't really die, so he just kinda floats in space without a body and because all life is linked to him by blood he feels everything they feel, he went batshit insane from the experience. Human worshippers of Cthon want to return his blood back to him, wake him up and become one with the great primordial god again, all organic life has to be eradicated in process. Aetherials are bodiless beings of pure magic that are somehow linked to gods that killed Cthon, but they were banished to Aether, which is the dimension of magic, after they stopped being useful to the gods. Human mages opened portal to Aether while trying to get more power, them and Aetherials discovered each other, Aetherials decided that having bodies, eating food, fucking bitches and living in a real world would be fucking rad, so they start possessing important humans (including the emperor) and engineering downfall of human civilisation. Humans posessed by Aetherials become much greater than the sum of parts, which is the canonical reason for our playable character's strength - he was possessed by an Aetherial, but it left his body when our MC was hanged and was about to die. The game takes place after Aetherials go through with the plan, invade the world en force and raise an army of zombies, that apocalyptic event is called Grim Dawn. This happening allowed the cult of Cthon to flourish, no longer having to fear Inquisition, their ranks greatly bolstered by desperate humans who would rather serve demon worshipping crazies than become zombie food or die from cold and hunger.
G R I M D A R K
R
I
M
D
A
R
K
>>
>>127741624
Something like this (going off of your build)

http://grimcalc.com/build/FCeomE

Max Maiven's Sphere gradually when you need more defense. Lots of people max Mirror but I don't know, I personally took one point in my Warlock. And amusingly enough, people never put more than 1 point in Flash Freeze but I like to max it. Massive AoE freeze and get 1 point in the passive for it.
>>
>if you spare Direni he runs off to Cronley, gets full back of aether crystals and tries to kill you
That's what I get for trusting someone.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+01.18.03).png (41KB, 566x525px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+01.18.03).png
41KB, 566x525px
>Boots of Unseeing Swiftness
God damn I love the movement speed, but is it worth it? It's gonna be hard not getting hit but thankfully I'm a ranged caster.

Should I stick with them, or Molten Walkers?
>>
>>127741745
Thanks anon.
>>
>>127745762
They're solid low level boots. Helps going inbetween areas faster mostly.
>>
>>127741745
great job. Great summary
>>
Only thing I don't get is why the Aetherials want to/tried to destroy the world as well. I understand why C'Thonians want to kill all life. But not Aetherials.

Also how do you pronounce C'Thon? I'm guessing "hon" Like "Chthonic" is "tonic"
>>
>>127744486
I had something strange happen to me where I killed him in Devil's Crossing but the game believed I had spared him so I used head-canon to say that a cronley goon found him and brought him back to Four Hills after I disposed of the body.
>>
>>127746041
Aetherials don't want to destroy the world, they want to conquer it. If you talk to Cronley before killing him he mentions that they plan on leaving some humans alive as breeders for Aetherial hosts. Just because they dismantled a human empire doesn't mean that they want to destroy a planet.
>>
>>127746041
something something resentment. Our world got to flourish while theirs was a prison. at least I assume so, I'm not that well-versed with the story

I've always pronounced it like Cthulhu.
>Kith-on
>Kith-on-ic
however it could be like C'tis, which would make it
>Suh-thon
>Suh-thon-ic

It's hard to determine how made up words should sound.
>>
>>127746041
Did they? I don't remember something like this.
>>
>>127746352
my vote is for the cthulhu like pronunciation since the c'thon and the final boss are very lovecraftian
>>
>>127746428
>>127746306
Maybe I'm retarded. Always felt like the Aetherials were crazy and more bat-shit than C'Thonians. I actually kind of agree with C'Thonians at least on some level. I at least understand why they're like that. Albeit extreme.

>>127746450
>>127746352
This makes sense. Both of those (kith/suh) sound good as well.
>>
Do Aetherials become more and more human or is it only Warden?
>>
>>127746450
Yeah that's the vibe I got from the Cult of C'thon as well.
I mean horrors, demons, cults, sigils, rituals, blood sacrifice, ancient gods. Come on, that's got lovecraft written all over it.
>>
>>127657664
download the trainer, set your masteries to something different and re-allocate the points

i only have one character and i do this whenever i get a good build idea.
>>
>>127746579
It depends on the host I guess. Later game Aetherials are mostly non-humans, but there are a few posessed mages in there as well.
>>
>>127746656
>>127746563
>>127746450
Surprise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonian_(Cthulhu_Mythos)
>>
>>127746450
Like "Kuh-Thoan" or "Kuh-Thon"?
>>
>>127747083
If you google about, some pronounce 'Chthonian' as "Thoanian'
>>
>>127747083
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0WWYGSOGu2e
>>
>>127746841
Disregard, I'm retarded.
The real connection is with Greek mythos, but it's all pretty closely tied together if we're being honest.

>>127747167
Apparently it's a dialect thing.
UK English pronounces it as "Kuh-th-on-ic" and US English pronounces it as "Th-on-ic"
both with a short O sound like in "Body."

Personally I prefer the hard K sounding one.
>>
>>127745762
As long as they provide as much/more movement speed than you'd lose when hit, it's all good.

Put a mark of the traveler on there and sanic everywhere.
>>
>>127747517
Agreed. Adding the "kuh" sounds neato. Not a fan of lots of silent lettes, either. So the dialect without "kuh" sounds lazy and hollow.
>>
>>127745762
I would wear those all the time even on my level 60 because fuck how slow I feel.
>>
>>127747612
Put mark of mogdroden on your boots
>>
File: Ba-dum-tish-300x277[1].png (22KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
Ba-dum-tish-300x277[1].png
22KB, 300x277px
>>127747575
>the dialect without "kuh" sounds lazy and hollow.
Well, it is the American one.
>>
>>127715168
I'm playing something similar, anyone got any advice for me?
>>
File: 1323485684918.png (79KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1323485684918.png
79KB, 250x250px
>>127747785
>tfw Americans butcher another language instead of making their own with their retarded and lazy rules
Are Kymon's Chosen the Americans of GD?
>>
>>127747575
The original Greek "Chthon" is pronounced "Thon", though, so that's the correct one.
I prefer the K sound too, though.
>>
>>127747892
So why did the Greekfags even add "Ch" if they're totally pointless?

It's like calling someone a uirywutfaggot. It's pronounced faggot, so just ignore the "uirywut" part. Sounds all made up and illogical.
>>
>tfw people actually voted to get a Chthonic dungeon instead of a cool Aetherial plane dungeon.
>>
>>127747997
Greek language uses a different alphabet. I don't think they voted on the way brits would transliterate their words.
>>
"Transmog" when
I want to be a white knight but I just look grim dark because stats and endgame equips in a game with grim in the name.
>>
>>127741745
>sinces Cthon is a god he can't really die

donut steel
>>
>>127748856
Just go to reddit or twitch, then.
>>
>>127748856
>not wearing full Kymon's Chosen set just for style points
>>
File: WhiteKnight.png (741KB, 596x608px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteKnight.png
741KB, 596x608px
>>127748856
uh what type of character are you?

because I made a warder paladin and have had zero issues looking holy since mid 30s.

pic related is him at lvl 70. wearing 4/4 Justicar Armor along with 3/4 Dawnbreaker set
>>
do I have to re-grind rep for factions with every difficulty ie normal elite ultra etc?
>>
>>127749504
Nah its shared
>>
File: 649036291077.jpg (41KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
649036291077.jpg
41KB, 500x490px
>>127748054
>a cool aetherial plane
As if bullshit that was the immolation was't enough
>>
What's the point of this game? It's just a worse Titan Quest with shitty balance and terrible itemisation
>>
>>127749627
thats a relief
>>
>>127749840
It's a better Titan Quest.
I'll give you balance and itemization.
>>
>>127717125
Can you keep playing in SC when you die in HC?
>>
>>127750095
How though?
>>
>>127750129
Nope
>>
>>127750139
Because it's something new
Do you know how many fucking times I've run through Act 1 in Titan Quest?
>>
>>127750331
Yeah but Act 1 in TQ was well designed and so it never actually gets old.

If you ignore the new-factor there is literally NO reason to play Grim Yawn over Titan Quest
>>
>>127750129
You can use a trainer/hex editing to revive them/turn them into softcore, but no once you're dead, you're dead.

>>127750416
I never played Titan Quest extensively but I do have a lot of time with ARPGs and I have to say this is one of the best. I can't put it into words but it has a certain style and draw to it that other ARPGs can't compare to. Could you elaborate on what you mean with the following? >>127749840
>shitty balance and terrible itemisation
>>
>wanna play grim dawn all day long
>must leave for work

I wanna be a NEET. I need to get my hand on some autismbux.
>>
>>127750757
Nah I'm just shitposting, I agree with you that GD seems like the best so far. Grabbed me in a way that PoE/D3/TL2 never did
>>
>>127751734
live-alone NEET here
it's awful
Nobody respects you
you sit around playing vidya and frogposting all day
you only get enough gubmint munnies to pay living expenses so no waifu doll collection
I don't eat for the last week of every month so I can have savings.
>>
how does % enemy health reduction work with blood pox? is it 3-5% of enemy's max life done in damage every tick?
how are bloody pox builds these days
>>
>>127752246
>% Current Life Damage

>Percent Current Life Damage is dealt as a fraction of the monster's current health. This causes Percent Current Life damage to be less effective the closer to death the target is. The damage is not a temporary reduction to the target's maximum health.

>Note that Hero and Boss Monsters have a high resistance to this damage type.

That tooltip is really shitty at explaining what those numbers mean.
>>
>PLAY DEMO
>FPS DROPS BY AT LEAST 10 EVERY BATTLE

GLORIOUS DESTRUCTION
>>
File: 6116745[1].jpg (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
6116745[1].jpg
64KB, 300x300px
>playing with friend
>decide to do hardcore
>get to act 3
>friend dies like a bitch
>mfw backed up his hardcore character
>mfw he restored his hardcore character
>>
>>127753560
Time to get a new friend.
>>
>>127753560
>playing hardcore with a friend
friends dont let friends play hardcore
>>
>>127755086
kymon's chosen or death's vigil for a poison mage occultist/nightblade?
>>
>>127755404
Neither, really.

Kymon is fire and lightning, Vigil is cold and vitality.
>>
>>127755404
Legion/Homestead for poison iirc
>>
can those of you talking about Ch'thon actually spell it correctly, my OCD is getting triggered hard.

seriously though, you niggers see the name everywhere in the game and refuse to spell it properly like fucking children.
>>
>>127755404
>>127755616
Rovers have some acid/poison stuff as well.
>>
>>127755618
>being this mad because two anons forgot the silent H
>posting about it three hours after the fact
anon pls
>>
>>127755618
better question
how do you pronounce it?
CH-thon
K-thon?
certainly cthulhu just has a C and no H but the argument exists that the H sound carries separately like H in hair for a Kh-thon sort of pronunciation :)
>>
>>127752042
tell me about it, i get $200 a month.

luckily i live with parents atm and can spend some of it on myself.
>>
>>127755861
personally i pronounce it Kuh-Thon-ick.

little siblings pronounced it Chuh-thon-ick

gave them the ol' Costanza.
>>
>>127755861
see >>127747892
>>127747517
>>127746352

The CH is because of >>127748196
The greek letter is CHI (χ) and is transliterated as CH or KH. The sound it makes is like the C in Car.
>>
>>127755861
>>127756062
Remember, chthonic is an actual word, so you can just Google it.

>Chthonic (UK /ˈkθɒnJk/, US /ˈθɒnJk/ from Greek χθόνιος khthonios [kʰtʰónios], "in, under, or beneath the earth", from χθών khthōn "earth")
>>
anyone who has played Vanilla WoW should know its Kh-thon because of C'thun, which everyone i knew ingame and IRL pronounced it Kh-Thoon, except me at that time... i had troubles and said it like See-thun, friends laughed at me.
>>
>>127755404
should I even pick one or just let em sit there undone forever?
>>
>>127756257
See-thoon always made so much sense to me because it's a fricken eyeball.
>>
>>127756175
i was almost certain it meant something along the lines of Subterranean being.

atleast thats what some anon mentioned a thread or 2 ago.
>>
As the original asker about all of this Ch bullshit I regret it. Hours later, still no actual answer.

As usual, translations are no fun.
>>
is there pvp?
>>
>>127756396
are you fucking for real? there have been definitive answers.

and even though i came along a bit late i still had fun posting.
>>
>>127756347
>this guy
>SEE-THUN
>confusing DREEG THE WATCHER FOR
CH-THON THE DYING GOD
LEARN YOUR FUCKING LORE NOOB

>>127756396
well the thing about speling things wrogn is that it dsoent actlaly matetr in the lnog run
>>
>>127756604
what you did there works no matter what for some reason our brains are hardwired to just know this shit.

and what are you even trying to say about him confusing dreeg for c'thun?
>>
>>127756886
Just the usual /vg/ autism

Best to ignore it, anon.
>>
>>127756396
see >>127756175
It's Kuh Thon
>>127756380
That's what subterranean means, you mong.
>beneath the earth
Subterranean beings are Chthonic Beings, one just sounds cooler and implies demons and shit because lovecraft is a prominent part of our existing culture.

>>127756604
Actually I was thinking about the Eye of C'thun.
I thought it should have been pronounced See-Thun because I didn't know about the root word and I was fighting a giant fucking eyeball.
I also forgot that C'thun had a body and that the boss I had been thinking of was called "Eye of C'thun"
It's been 10 years, cut me some slack.
>>
>>127756949
I'd say it's Kuh-Thon/Kuh-Thon-Ic either way because it sounds the best. Thon/Thon-Ic is silly.
>>
every legendary that I've seen so far are all for builds I don't/haven't play(ed)

send help
>>
can someone edit the dying god constellation to look like he has spaghetti falling out instead of tentacles?
>>
ill give you a good proice on wot ive got left
>>
>>127759268
It reminds me of the merchant in RE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAakGOwSqw
>>
File: 1451324688947.jpg (73KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1451324688947.jpg
73KB, 600x801px
is casting occultist shit? what second class should take for him? initially i wanted to go melee occultist but i cant seem to put some synergies together they way devotions are laid out
what are the strong occultist variations overall?
>>
Suggest me a build for my first Hardcore veteran game.
>>
Comrades I am 15 levels into Veteran using Lethal Gambit and I am thinkings it is not so great.

I am a wet piece of paper before most enemies and melee AoE seems to be fucking taboo in this game. What do.
>>
>>127761405
do the caster witchblade with bulwark, OG, blood, sigil and bolt
find some leech procs and go ham
>>
>>127761510
S&B Soldier+Literally Anything
>>
Is soldier the best mastery? It seems it is, doesn't look very fun though.

I mean forcewave and blitz look interesting but that's it
>>
>>127762098

Allrighty, A soldier it is then.
>>
>>127761850
respec into phantasmal blades
This isn't the kind of game where you pick melee or ranged and never the two shall meet. You need a ranged option, and gambit is shit.

>>127762215
In terms of survivability and utility? Yes. It's all about the passives; Menhir's Will, Military Conditioning, Veterancy, Markovian Advantage, Fighting Spirit, and Field Command are all good skills that any other class can take advantage of.
>>
>people suggesting occultist/demo or combination of both as a viable build

have you ever played those classes? neither have any good defensive skills and offensive are either tiny damage or huge cd

soldier/nightblade alone have better skills
>>
what's a good devotion build for a DEE witch hunter?
>>
>alright lets try out a pistol guy
>finally get to canister bomb

Holy shit you guys weren't kidding, this thing clears mobs easy peasy
>>
is there a way to tell what devotions shrines you've got/missed?
>>
File: shrines.jpg (767KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shrines.jpg
767KB, 1920x1080px
>>127762881

Is Demo really that bad? I was planning to go into Arcanist with it to increase survivability, would soldier do better?

>>127763174
Right here broh
>>
>>127763249
sou
>>
>>127762881
Commando, Conjurer, Saboteur, and Elementalist say hello.

>>127763001
Poison -

Manticore, Aftliction, Abomination, Eye of the Guardian, Akerons Scorpion, Rat

Acid -

Manticore, Aftliction, Abomination, Spider, Eye of the Guardian, Akerons Scorpion
>>
>>127763249
arcanist is better in direct survival, woth damage absorption

soldier has physique, health, health regen, resists, armor, move speed, attack speed, phys damage, OA/DA, and can debuff enemies
>>
how do I make a working 2h acid witch hunter?
there was a cool 2hander for acid nightblades and I wanted to give it a try but there isn't enough conversion and none of DW attacks work with 2h
I guess the devs haven't thought that through when designing the sword
>>
>>127763724

So commando it is then?
>>
>>127763617
and how many skills do you use from demo/occ? two? unless you go for pets like a retard, occ has nothing interesting but the curse
demo is a bit better with CC, but thats it
>>
>>127763779
unless you want pure fire squishy double pistols, yes
however, double fire pistols is one of the highest DPS builds possible
>>
>>127752042
>>127755886
GET A FUCKING JOB
>>
>>127764083
maybe he's a janitor on a mongolian tusk carving board
>>
Just about every skill in demo or occultist is useful, also DEE and FS have solid dps.

Just because it's not a facerolling spellbreaker or afk pet build doesn't mean it's not viable.
>>
>>127764083
>>127764234
Hire me and I won't ban you.
>>
>>127764368
meant for >>127763862
>>
>>127764368
>pox
>the whole bysmiel tree for non-conjurers
>vindicktive flameme
>blast shield
>ulzuin's chosen
>cucktail and jacks for non-gimmicky builds
>useful
DEE occultist is as close to facerolling as it gets for casters
at least sigilcunts and PRMfags have to use other spells
>>
>>127762836

Its funny how I got flamed here yesterday for wanting to use Phantasmal with my dualwield build and suddenly you must have melee and ranged.
>>
>>127762881
demo works good for internal damage/physical/fire/chaos/lightning damage builds
occultist works good for every type of build of every damage type ever except aether maybe
>>127763249
demo is just as good as any other class don't listen to spergs when they sperg
>>127763617
spider for acid? spider is good anywys for 20% slow retaliation for 2 seconds and a nice way to get enough green points to afford abomination, im taking jackal but still coming up short on red/pink chaos points to begin spending points into abomination
>>127762215
soldier and occultist are both really easy to put together with any other class respectively for a melee or ranged build and have something good.
soldier is all about the passives but blitz and forcewave are both really fun to have to compensate
>>127764368
can't face roll when you one shot everything on the screen with one LMB click :)
>>
>>127764698

So do you recommend Arc or Soldier as my secondary for Demo
>>
>>127764661
Depends on difficulty and playstyle.
Figure it out for yourself. Experiment. Enjoy the game.
>>
>>127764698
you do realize that only fire is viable from those types in demo, eventually lighning, but fucking trauma?
>>
>>127764698
>spider for acid?
I just pulled it from a guide which sorts constellations by their bonuses written by some sperg on steam community. It's probably not 100% correct considering they couldn't spell Affliction and if we're being honest I didn't care to open and scroll through the mess that is the grimcalc constellation screen to confirm.
>>
File: 2016-01-07_00001.jpg (543KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_00001.jpg
543KB, 1920x1080px
Recommend difficulty for begginer? and what verteran diffculty do?
>>
>>127765338
>doesn't know what veteran is
>has elite and ultimate unlocked
This has to be bait.
>>
>>127764810
soldier is the most obvious synergy for physical damage oriented demo you can melee/ranged/mage it up with that, or occultist/arcanist are the most obvious mage-choices
>>127764935
>you do realize that the only thing im capable of observing and certainly the only thing I've ever done if I've ever even done it is the only option
???
+% physical damage affects internal trauma
tempered canister bomb cadence oleron's rage laceration are specific
like 50% of the rest of the tree is "this makes your physical damage stronguurr"
dude you could make a physical/internal trauma melee/ranged/mage with all those physical/internal trauma skills and mage it up with grenado/canister bomb + cunning on a pistol build, hell you could get cadence on your pistol equip a shield and force wave it up for aoe stuns and everything.

is this some kind of attention thing you're doing?
>>127765123
fair enough ty, I'll look for the guide and see what's up
>>
>>127765414
probably a newfag with a trainer
>>
>>127765414
>>127765457
dude what I bought this game like one year ago and never played it
>>
>>127741745
>that apocalyptic event is called Grim Dawn
Technically, it is called that by friendly survivors and NPCs but the Aetherials call it the Glorious Dawn.
>>
>>127764935
you are fucking retarded and keep proving it

trauma is only in two skills and olerons, so you have to pick one of the skills to make it viable and thats the ONLY way to get trauma

anyway i didnt mention soldier anywhere in my post, and no, you cant build off the tiny damage in canister bomb
>>
>>127766141
meant for
>>127765456
>>
>>127765525
I'll believe you
>Normal
Normal difficulty
>Veteran
Hard difficulty
>Elite
Very Hard difficulty
>Ultimate
Fuck You difficulty

Normally Elite and Ultimate are locked until you beat the game.
>>
Are there any viable Fire builds overall?
Are there any viable Hardcore Fire builds?
I kind of want to try Hardcore for the fuck of it but I also kind of want to try a build I wouldn't normally play or enjoy normally because I'm not the best at HC modes and I would inevitably die. Thought about maybe trying that one dude's sword-and-board regen build. I dunno.

>>127751734
>just graduated last semester
>want to start graduate school in the fall
>have no idea what to do with my ~8mo free time except play vidya all day
>>
>>127766386
sorcerer is viable, but gear dependent
you are better off finding good items for it first using easier characters
>>
>>127766297
more like
>normal
look ma, no hands
>veteran
onii-chan, the mobs are dying on their own
>elite
you're pretty good
>ultimate
only minmaxers and abusers here
>>
>>127766141
you're angry and wrong
>>
>>127766141
You may want to get screened.
>>
Anyone got a real handle on nemesis mobs? I got nemesis status with Cronley yesterday and find that finding Fabius is really hit or miss even if I go to all the locations he's been confirmed at. I figure it is like a 50% chance he is even in my game unless not all the locations have been confirmed. Does anyone have a shit ton of nemesis farming experience and want to tell me your secrets?
>>
>>127767061
go on, make a build that uses trauma as main damage (not bleeding). good job, you picked one of two viable skills. great build bro.

why do shitters that dont know which devotions to pick talk about viability of skills in ultimate?
>>
File: Arthur_Bruno[1].jpg (43KB, 759x405px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur_Bruno[1].jpg
43KB, 759x405px
Auto-attack modifiers
>Auto-attack modifiers
Auto-attack modifiers
>Auto-attack modifiers
Auto-attack modifiers
>Auto-attack modifiers
Auto-attack modifiers
>Auto-attack modifiers
Auto-attack modifiers
>>
Is melee as boring compared to ranged as it is in other games in the genre?

mainly due to lack of aoe
>>
>>127767928
you can bash shit with shields
run into crowds
make a CD based warder with tons of aoe and lightning
unlike other games it's actually ranged that is niche
>>
>>127767928
ranged has literally only one skill for it currently
>>
>>127767928
Melee is the most fun
>>127767290
I'm not even that anon, and now you're shifting the goal posts.
>>
>>127767758
I want to hug him.
>>
How does "reduction to enemy health" work?

Is it current health? Total health? Is it affected by resistances? A lot of shit in this game is pretty ambiguous.
>>
>>127768448
It's % of CURRENT health, yes that means less damage the closer something is to dying, and bosses/heroes have a high resist for it, I'm not sure but I think it's Vitality based.
>>
>>127768024
>CD based warder with tons of aoe and lightning
this intrigues me
>>
>>127768246
im not the one mentioning soldier out of ass
>>127768448
its max health, and basically doesnt work on bosses, so dont bother
>>
>>127768539
I'd say it's hidden resis. Maybe there will be spirit 2.0 mastery.
>>
>>127768565
>>127768448

New question: Life Leech Damage%, is this a damage type or is this saying I have 19% life steal?
>>
>>127768769
its a quite rare damage type
>>
>>127767928

When I made my Battlemage, I planned to play it exactly like that. As a dude in the front lines spewing magic. However it didn't work out that way because I wanted phys/cun for maximum OA/DA and tankiness since I play on hardcore and didn't have the spirit to wield caster weapons. Instead I split my damage types by both phys and elemental and mainly get physical skills HOWEVER I get magical devotions with % weapon damage on them (as well as the hammers). I also gear primarily for on hit/on block/on being hit AoE procced skills. What it does is turn me into a living bomb where anywhere I go, I'm spewing out 3-4 AoE skills of all kinds of elements and types. I can literally stand in the middle of a bunch of mobs and do nothing and they'd kill themselves. Kind of like retaliation builds but better since all my procs are centralized AoE. I'm currently trying to find a Crimson Spike so I have huge sustainability through life leech since it will proc on all my skills that do % weapon damage (which is practically all of them).

I'm at the end of Elite HC now and gearing up to do Ult. My friend who is a warder brings the single target DPS and healing totem while I bring the AoE dps for trash and tank stuff. It has worked out well so far. We've had a handful of other HC chars die before this combo.
>>
>>127768839

Okay I am trying to learn about this game so I can methodically unlock the secrets to success but why the FUCK is there a damage type called "Life Leech"? They may as well implement fucking Invisibility damage and Armor Reduction damage.
>>
>>127768951
because its a DoT that transfers health to you? damage converted to health doesnt apply to any DoTs, so this type is significant
>>
is it possible to reach both abomination and hourglass?
I'm making a proc on block survivalist shieldbro with chaos and vitality
>>
>>127766386
Self bump for question about Fire based builds. I guess it can apply for anything overall, not just HC.
>>
>>127769154
instead of maining demo, you can use panettis missiles combined with -100% fire resist reduction from flash freeze, and use any other class except occultist for survivalibity
>>
I really wish the game explained some things better

Like, what the hell is vitality damage, what's internal trauma, the importance of resistances
>>
>>127768565
Your first post was that demo/occult and anything that multi-classes it is not viable. Probably where soldier came from, I don't know.

>>127768769
>>127768951
Life Leech is Life Steal damage applied over time, much like Internal Trauma is Physical damage applied over time.
>>
>>127769347
do you have autism? you need to be explained what resistances are for?
>>
>>127769316
>using meme freeze
reminder that half the mobs are immune while the other have 70% resist
I'm fucking mad we can't reduce enemy CC resist
cryomancers are my biggest fetish
>>
>>127769316
I was a bit interested in Demo as a character for all the fire abilities and shitting bombs and explosives everywhere. On another note, how is a build utilizing Vindictive Flame and possibly some of its additional modifiers in terms of worthiness?

Is there an 'official' name for those anyway? Like say you have Mogdrogen's Pact and then there's Heart of the Wild. I wouldn't say HotW is an ability--maybe anything you put points into is called a skill?--but an ability that solely modifies or affects another ability? What is that called? Besides transmuters.
>>
>>127769431
I know what they're for you idiot, but the fact you need to have all your resistances at near max is not conveyed
>>
>>127769431
that doesn't even make sense, an autist would have already poured over the mechanics. What resistances are for is a no-brainer, how they work could be anything. Fortunately, the devs made a nice write-up of the mechanics so we don't have to guess too much. http://www.grimdawn.com/game.php
>>
>>127769553

Well the game isn't going to be all like HEY YOU'RE GONNA NEED TO DO THIS BECAUSE WE PLAN TO THROW THIS SHIT AT YOU.

You're supposed to run into mobs, see the spells and attacks they fling at you and the colors they are and then think to yourself, MAYBE I JUST MIGHT NEED TO HAVE GEAR TO RESIST THAT.
>>
>>127769493
there isnt such a thing in immunity in gd
its all just high resists that you can reduce
>>
>>127769717
you're still ignoring my other 2 questions m8
>>
>>127769390

I wasn't even aware this guide existed. Thanks I will refer to this from now on.
>>
>>127668074
how about not being a faggot? local saves were something completely normal until "clouds" came up
>>
>>127769752
Warden is 100% Immune to %health reduction
They exist, but Crate weren't assholes about it.
>>
>>127769814
>responding to a shitpost 22 hours ago
an hero, newfriend
>>
>>127765456
+physical doesnt affect trauma just like +fire doesnt affect burn
>>
>>127769771
others have answered them, retard
>>
>>127770048

youre retarded m8
>>
>>127769830
Nevermind I am wrong and also dumb
>>
>>127769752
lmao
you are new, aren't you?
it hasn't even been 2 patches since they changed things from immune (500%) to resistant which I presume is 100%
name one thing that reduces the enemy stun and/or freeze resist
otherwise your point is invalid
>>
>>127770127
oh
>>
>>127770127
I didn't reply to you directly but those questions were answered if you'd read the thread.>>127769390
I literally posted it after yours.
>>
>>127770138
i was talking about damage resists
sorry for confusion
>>
>>127770218

>you need to go onto a website to look up how any of this shit works

Not justifiable m8
>>
>newfags will never stop arguing and giving attention to other newfags
The Dawn is truly Grim, friends.
>>
File: yK8IiQu.gif (1MB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
yK8IiQu.gif
1MB, 400x307px
>>127736116
Then I guess you're too retarded to notice mob auras and cloud effects go over small walls and bleed through tall ones.
>>
>>127770362
This haha. Anyonymous is legion am I right?
>>
>>127770294
I can see you never experienced the times when games actually came with manuals.
>>
About to run through the Underground Transit on basic ol' Veteran if anyone wants to play.
>>
File: senpai noticed.jpg (29KB, 800x482px) Image search: [Google]
senpai noticed.jpg
29KB, 800x482px
>>127770292
it's been months since someone admitted they were wrong on the internet
you're supposed to call everyone faggots and those who disagree with you raging faggots
>>
>>127770528

It wasn't okay back then either
>>
anyone know how diminishing returns works?
you can get 130% slow but it's not additive to the point where they're completely immobile
>>
>>127770718
>you can get 130% slow
that's not how it works
>>
>>127767189
The secret is farming Kymon's Chosen/Death Vigil to spawn their nemesis, then check Fort Hardon and that other Fort/Crypt before Fort Ikon, takes 3 mins top to find it, even easier with a friend.
>>
>>127770785
I just asked how it works are you on drugs???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>127770861

I found it a pain in the ass to even farm Cronley even with the 50% boost some cool guy gave me and there are like a dozen hero mobs you run into on the way to Cronley. Doing stupid ass Fort Haron runs gets you ONE boss mob and maybe a hero mob every 10 runs or so. It is slow as balls. How the fuck do you guys stand fighting white and yellow mobs that drop jack shit for 20k rep at like 1 to 4 rep per mob?
>>
File: 1451677850346.png (41KB, 837x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451677850346.png
41KB, 837x768px
>>127771028
>???
guess you should learn to type then
>>
I think my fighting spirit is bugged. I only have one point in it right now, but it doesn't seem to proc when I dip below 30% health. Any ideas?
>>
>>127771189
That's a nice meme picture, may I save it?
>>
>>127771126
Are you playing on Normal?
>>
>>127771282

Elite. Normal is too low below me to even give rep.
>>
okay let me rephrase this because apparently there's some turbo sperglord just waiting to lash out at people this morning...
I have 130% moveslow from various effects and abilities adding up the number, but enemies are not 100% slowed. This means there's some level of diminishing returns on slowing effects. Before you sperg out on me please google "diminishing returns"
I'm asking if anybody knows how those diminishing returns take effect mathematically speaking
>>
>>127771251
You mean Menhir's Will?
>>
>>127771262
it's all yours, friend ;)
>>
anyone in here done a build that uses blood pox heavily?
>>
>>127771795

I plan on making one, everyone says it has been nerfed to shit but I want to try
>>
>>127771795
I haven't personally but from what I've seen pox and swarm wreck shit until late late game
you probably won't find a better MP build
>>
>>127771315
read this again
>>127770785

you can't get 130% so no, you don't you fucking retard
>>
>>127762836
Wait a minute. Markovians Advantage works on range? It doesn't specify, but it images melee to me
>>
File: gdg1.png (3MB, 1606x929px) Image search: [Google]
gdg1.png
3MB, 1606x929px
I killed the warden and I'm at 21, should I run him a few more times or should I move on?

He's the act boss right?

The maps are all static right? Because I want to find all the shrines I can before I move on to act 2

(I died once because I wan't paying attention when I walked into the first gas room before the labratory)
>>
>>127772390
flashbang+curse of frailty+slow on hit weapon + any of the multitude of movement slowing constellation movement modifiers
why are you so stubborn when you're so wrong?
>>
Reckon I should go soldier/demo or soldier/arcanist if I want a build revolving around 1h+shield and elemental damage chance on x effects?
>>
File: 1451941338553.gif (797KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1451941338553.gif
797KB, 400x311px
>>127772945
so this is the power of american education
it really is something
spoiler alert: each slowing instance changes the enemy speed to 100-x% of its former value, you can't get it below 0% by any means
get a trip to serve as your cone of shame you mongoloid
>>
I have a question for hybrid melee classes like Warder and Commando.

If warder focuses on Physical and Lightning while commando focuses on Physical and Fire (with some lightning), which damage bonus should you stack? More physical, magic, or distribute evenly?
>>
>>127771350
Yea. I always get all the soldier passive removed. My regen doesn't kick in. I species out of it and put it back in, but still nothing.
>>
>>127771251
>>127773372
Having one point only gives you 10% of your hp back plus abysmal hp regen. If you don't notice it, you're probably taking more damage than it's healing for.
>>
>>127773372
I'd make a forum post about it then. I honestly have no idea what could be causing that bug.
>>
>>127773220

To be fair, the game doesn't go by this rule for everything. It has specific rules for specific conditions. Things that add damage such as % damage will be additive so having 50% extra total damage when your paper doll says you do 200% damage does not equal 300% damage but rather 250%.
>>
File: I wonder.png (533KB, 442x558px) Image search: [Google]
I wonder.png
533KB, 442x558px
>>127771315
100% slow is frozen/rooted/petrified/snared/any immobilizing ability.
There are no diminishing returns, you can only slow up to 95% assuming that slow resistance works the same as regular ones. Could you show me your math? Remember that it's additive not multiplicative.

I'm going to be tweeting/facebooking/redditing/forumposting/reaching out in every way I can to Crate sometime later today asking about various mechanics questions itt and hoping for a reply so if anyone has a question they want me to ask feel free to reply, no guarantee you'll get an answer.
>>
>>127773749
nevermind about slow, took too long to post and didn't see it was already explained.
>>
>>127773603
Adding to the confusion +n% Damage to ____ is multiplicative.
>>
>>127773283
Even split in my opinion, then get stuff that converts % physical to elemental
>>
If I kill the final boss will I go straight into Elite?
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/fUX8Mh
How does this looks? It took me way too long to figure out some mechanics about the game, so I might have borked my build by already having 25 mastery in demo.
>>
I've been looking at a lot of builds and people use rings that have incorruptible prefix and some other suffix.

Can you craft these rings? are they found somewhere specific? does anyone know?
>>
>>127774701
no
>>
>>127774701

No. You can play any mode you unlock, they all have separate progression. Beating normal will still let you play normal where you left off.
>>
Cant you transfer dosh?
>>
>>127774701
it's 3 separate storylines
you can get outcast and kymon to revered then swap to Vigil Legion master race
>>
So just how min/maxed do you have to be to get through Ultimate?

I know resistances and such are important, but am i going to get completely fucked for not building my character perfectly?
>>
>>127774701
Killing the final boss at level 50 guarantees you a legendary even in normal.
>>
>>127772875
Acts 2 and 3 will have you going back to Act 1 fairly often, and you will still use Devil's Crossing. This isn't one of those "k never seeing this town again bye" games. Your gear seems decent enough to move on if you feel like it, and you'll run into more heroes and loot along the way. If you wanted to farm warden a bit more then I don't see the harm, you could replace your jewelry and legs/chest/boots
>>
>>127775090
>>127775040
>>127774801
>>127774756
That's great. I just hit 50 with 21 unused skill points because I haven't decided my second class yet.
>>
>>127774812
No, doesn't matter though because iron is as worthless and easy to obtain as gold is in Diablo II.
>>
Is there a way to change your character's name? Like through the save files?
>>
Is Soldier's War Cry worth transmuting into Terrify?
>>
>>127775235
>iron
>worthless
only after elite
plus you can always spent thousands on skelesmith to convert your haram hearts and brains into blood
or roll for good rings indefinitely
>>
>>127775090
are you fucking around because I've been holding off finishing the game for the first time so I could farm for legendary shit in the bastion/steps before being thrown into elite.
>>
>>127775090
This is incorrect.
>>
>>127774709
Here. I'm also wondering how good are the offensive and defensive bonuses of Tenacity of the Bear. I'm not sure how important the numbers in that skill are.
>>
>>127775829
86 OA and 60 DA is nothing to scoff at. I go out of my way to get 30 OA if that helps put it into perspective.
>>
File: rng.jpg (69KB, 930x305px) Image search: [Google]
rng.jpg
69KB, 930x305px
>Find out you can craft rings
>Instantly get this
coo
>>
>>127774709
>>127775829
It looks like you're going for a melee 2h lightning build, but you're not taking any of the skills that a 2h lightning melee build would utilize. How new are you? Not trying to be derogatory just want an idea of how well you know the game in case you're onto something I'm not picking up.
>>
>>127776303
It's my first build. I wanted to make a 2h tank without going into Soldier. I also don't really know how effective most skills are.
>>
File: 1451930623705.jpg (65KB, 535x434px) Image search: [Google]
1451930623705.jpg
65KB, 535x434px
>>127776265
>internal trauma damage
every time
>>
>>127776265
It isn't really good.
>>
>>127776826
Better than the shit yellow I had, it just looked impressive because of all the modifiers
>>
>>127776795
What the fuck is that, by the way? I seen some guy's soldier + something build that states he uses lots of phys + ITD. What is it?
>>
File: 03106105.png (229KB, 365x336px) Image search: [Google]
03106105.png
229KB, 365x336px
WHICH BLACKSMITH DO I PICK

duncan is magic shit
angrim is physical shit

I'm both (commando)
>>
>>127777127
doesnt matter, you get better smiths later
>>
File: pic extremely relevant.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pic extremely relevant.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>127776967
if you consider bleed to be piercing DoT then ITD's basically physical damage over time
it's by far the shittiest damage type because there are so little skills to utilize it but so many things provide boni to it
it's an eyesore
>>
>>127776967
Physical DoT. Common and strong.
>>
>>127777127
If you pick Duncan Angrim handles it well, joins Black Legion and you can find him working in act 4. If you pick Angrim Duncan chimps out and leaves those refugees in his camp to die.
>>
>>127777210
which is the best blacksmith to use?
>>
>>127776545
Most of the 2H lightning shamans I have seen drop savagery for storm surge, and you should remove points from the retaliation aura and put them into heart of the wild and flame touched. The bonuses outweigh the trivial damage you'd be doing with it.
Here's the build with my suggested changes, I'm sure someone will tell me how retarded I am in a moment.
http://grimcalc.com/build/TZifhj

>>127776967
ITD = Physical DoT ; Not affected by +phys%, only +ITD%
>>
>>127777698
you also lose legion rep either way so it's better to keep the old man for these resists
>>
And today on "Things I wish I had known. . .">>127777950
>>127777698
>>
>>127777912
there is very good one at the very end of the game, but generally if you roll double perfect affix, it doesnt matter if you get some shit 3% regen stat on it
>>
>>127777925
Feral Hunger does not proc with Primal Strike though.
>>
>>127778117
are you talking about the one at nercopolis?
>>
>>127777925
>>127778393
yeah, neither do all of other %on-hit skills you will pick up along the game
>>
>>127778543
what? not even troll rage?
>>
>>127778543
how do you make a bleed or internal trauma build?
>>
>>127778393
Oops, forgot about that. That's good though because now you have points to finish flashbang, heart of the wild, and wendigo totem. I really don't think feral hunger heals you enough to make a difference that potions and smart playing couldn't handle. Mind you, I primarily play casters or nightblade.

http://grimcalc.com/build/px8yLc

>>127778543
Wat, seriously? Why the dicks do I see every 2H shaman taking that skill instead of the savagery line then? That sounds horrible.
>>
>>127778616
I'm not a huge meleefag but my understanding is that DoT stuff for melee (bleed/ITD) is secondary. So you focus on say, Lightning and Phys which is very common to see these days. You'll just so happen to have some secondary DoT affects in your build.

If you want a purely DoT build, I'm not sure how to go about that. Especially for melee (bleed/ITD)
>>
File: 7Pm7OhO.gif (984KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
7Pm7OhO.gif
984KB, 260x187px
Now that I've finally got my resistances up I find out they crit the shit out of me because I have low offensive and defensive ability. 70% chance to hit, lower on heroes and bosses.
fuck this shit.
>>
where do I get tainted brain matter? warden is not dropping any!
>>
>>127778909
OA is purely how you deal damage. DA is purely how you receive damage.
>>
>>127778909
><70 PTH
you also deal less damage at this hit rate even if you hit anything

>>127778965
pick DC bounties to target aetherial heroes for matter drops
>>
>>127778616
step 1: kill yourself
internal trauma is literally the worst damage type right now, followed close by aether and cold
>>127778759
well, its not that bad, but feral hunger and many other skills make it pointless to use it past the first difficulty
>>127778615
troll rage, cadence, firestrike, savagery can proc skills like feral hunger
>>
>>127779132
fuck, I misread the % to hit as attack modifiers
desu I don't understand why would anyone use feral anyway when leech totems are a thing
a reliable thing too
>>
>>127778984
I know, I have also around 30% to be crit
>>
>>127779327
it attacks several targets, very useful for melee builds with no good aoe
>>
>>127778984
>>127778909
>>127779027
Adding to this: Resistance doesn't mean shit if they can crit the hell out of you, and damage is worthless if you can't hit anything or die.

OA>DA>Resists>Health>Damage

>>127779132
I was under the impression that ITD is powerful but extremely shitty to build for.

>well, its not that bad, but feral hunger and many other skills make it pointless to use it past the first difficulty
I guess I'm going to need to reevaluate my approach to 2H Shaman, I rely on so many %chance on hit bonuses with my other builds.
>>127779327
>fuck, I misread the % to hit as attack modifiers
I'm confused now.
>>
>>127779654
>OA>DA>Resists>Health>Damage
more like
>OA>damage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fuckall
go big or go home
all aboard the 100% crit train
>>
>>127779027
>you also deal less damage at this hit rate even if you hit anything
Thank fuck it doesn't affect retaliation affect retaliation
>>
File: jDhsy.jpg (48KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
jDhsy.jpg
48KB, 500x667px
>>127736353
>very first character, pick shaman and occultist because they look cool
>go deep into the shaman tree taking maelstrom, storm totem, stormcaller, etc
>absolutely wrecking shit, get to level 50
>look at occultist tree compared to arcanist tree and realize arcanist would be 100x better for my build in every possible way
i love the shaman lightning spells but i don't want to roll a new character and take it to 50 again just to fix my shitty second mastery pick. i want real god damn respecs
>>
File: drep.jpg (155KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
drep.jpg
155KB, 1024x708px
>tfw tradeable 100% mandates are cheap as fuck
>>
>>127779654
%on-hit as just on-hit i.e. skills that replace your default AA
I'm fucking dyslexic senpai

>>127779806
I wish retaliation could crit if your DA is a lot higher than enemy OA
they miss your shit and get fucked by spikes in return
>>
>>127779859
Just keep going with what you got, try making it work and make another character later.
>>
File: 1418633505634.jpg (16KB, 296x344px) Image search: [Google]
1418633505634.jpg
16KB, 296x344px
>>127779132
>tfw aether damage is terrible
>tfw your DW pistol aether damage build will never, ever, ever be able to escape elite

all i wanted was be a cool spooky ghost man with a gun. is that so much to ask, crate?
>>
File: 1427204723666.jpg (58KB, 454x454px) Image search: [Google]
1427204723666.jpg
58KB, 454x454px
>>127779859
>what is shamans other element

>pets, bleed and vitality.

what are occultist skills

>vitality, poison and pets.

read your skills.
>>
>>127779760
I'd agree but I recently took my build from almost 900% Lightning modifier to 600% in exchange for more OA/DA/Resist and I'm clearing faster because I'm not afraid that I'm going to die.

>>127779859
Arcanist is really, really handy. I don't think I could survive without Nullification and Maiven's Sphere of Protection. You could go deep into Vitality as a cultist, with Wendigo, Sigil, and Corrupted Storm you'd be just as badass but with vitality and even more life drain.
>>
>>127779859
dont worry, occultist is going to be buffed some time this month

>>127780031
aether is a pretty shit overall
demo has fire, nightblade has cold, shaman has lightning, and arcanist should be left with almost pure aether
but if you point it out on their forums, you get rushed by fanboys shouting that its a supplementary damage and its perfect
>>
>>127773567
>>127773572
Its not that I'm just getting garbage regen. I don't even get the buff on my ui telling me I have it. That's the issue right there
>>
>>127780084
>what are shaman skills
>survivability, pets, lightning, lightning and more fucking lightning

>what are occulstist spells
>pet buffs, ranged CC, even more survivability and bullshit OP curse for elemental damage

he's retarded if he thinks that going glass cannon druid is gonna win him the lategame
>>
>>127780284
This shit bothers me so much.
>10 damage types
>3 are good
>>
>>127780084
with stormcaller build, 90% of my damage is from lightning/electrocute, so everything except CoF is garbage. corrupting storm totem would just reduce my DPS because my gear and other skills are built around maximizing lightning, not vit.

and i'm not going to benefit from occultist having pet skills unless i'm actually going pet build, which stormcaller is not

>>127780218
those two skills are exactly why i want it. constant 30% absorption for -15% damage is amazing, and the cast speed doesn't affect me since all i do is drop my totems n shit and wait around to drop it again. and then the 100% damage barrier is the best emergency skill ever, matched only by the nightblade version
>>
>>127780031
>cool spooky ghost man
search for the harbinger set on graceful dusk and make a spooky pyromancer
>>
>>127780430
>10 damage types
more like 16 + retaliation
>>
>>127769853
I'm here since 2005 and I will respond however I fucking want. stop giving a fuck bro and talk about the game.

in other news: how is the game performance wise? if I run PoE will I run this?
>>
>>127780504
fun fact: the -15% damage adds to your 900% or whatever so its still 885%
>>
>>127779760
Nah you need defense in Elite, especially Ultimate. Life leech becomes extremely important too.
>>
>>127779963

The rep mandates at revered specifically say NOT TRADABLE, just stashable.
>>
File: nop.gif (496KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
nop.gif
496KB, 500x255px
>>127780749
>how is the game performance wise? if I run PoE will I run this?
>>
File: works 4 me.jpg (1MB, 1914x1078px) Image search: [Google]
works 4 me.jpg
1MB, 1914x1078px
>>127780504
maybe it was a dumb idea to make a lightning shaman with occultist just a thought.
>>
>>127780430
pierce, physical, fire, lightning are all good and reliable all around
vitality, acid and chaos are good but too many enemies (especially endgame ones) are 100%+ resistant to it so damage gets shit on
cold is only viable for nightblades, and aether is forgotten

also, if you pick any DoT as main damage, or retaliation you really are playing the game wrong
>>
>>127780856
Alright, I meant the one which I can pass to my other characters, dickbringer.
>>
File: 1401971513353.jpg (7KB, 217x251px) Image search: [Google]
1401971513353.jpg
7KB, 217x251px
>>127781000
that was my point. i had no clue what i was doing first time around

i might have to give up wind devil and stormcaller and collect a bunch of vit gear to stay viable
>>
>>127781286
anyone can benefit with one point in hellhound on death that fucker does 15% hp reduction to everything around it.
>>
What's the worse class match-up?
>>
File: 2016-01-06_20-07-00.jpg (33KB, 322x509px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_20-07-00.jpg
33KB, 322x509px
>>127780504
I forgot to mention the mirror but it is very useful for me as well. I use Nullification to get debuffs off me or when I run into heroes for that -elemental resist, I'm not sure if it actually does anything but I also cast it on reflective enemies before I dive into them.

>>127780749
This kind of question usually accompanies specifications.

>>127781000
>>127781286
I could give you pic related to get you going
>>
Is there a possibility to make a cold mage using (greater) ice spike as main attack?
>>
>>127781516
I have yet to make a good trickster and I'm starting to think it can't be done.
>>
>>127780749
>stop giving a fuck about website quality
Wish I could.
>>
File: demosoldier.jpg (806KB, 1910x1066px) Image search: [Google]
demosoldier.jpg
806KB, 1910x1066px
>>127781609
You mean the thing I'm holding in my pic?

I'm working on another build atm Demo/soldier is very fun.

>>127781516
I think everything is viable in fact I would bet and stream any class combo and make it to elite ez.
>>
>>127781609
you're too nice anon. i think i will make the switch, but i've already found a good 1h+OH that gives lots of vit and pet

which pet skills are the most important to invest in? for a build with lots of +% vit, is sigil worth it? the radius seemed so small
>>
File: fug.jpg (28KB, 213x234px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
28KB, 213x234px
>Get halfway through act 2
>Feel like trying yet another build
When does it end
>>
>>127681358
Devotions are respecable for one aether shard every point
>>
>>127782414
max armor of the guardian, get 1 pox with 1 confusion mod and evil eye with a point in each mod
the utility from DEE and devotion procs from pox should get you through the hardest packs
>>
>>127781516
pyromancer, definitely
>>
>>127782546
Never. But it's fun to change your playstyle again and again.
>>
File: 1451081207313.gif (483KB, 272x251px) Image search: [Google]
1451081207313.gif
483KB, 272x251px
>>127782546
act 1 and 2 are so boring anon push through to the end.

>>127782990
any build with access to curse of frailty has no excuse to die.
>>
>>127783084
I actually really like the environment in act 1, act 2 is kinda boorish though.
>>
>>127783084
i guess, but you have the lowest stats from all class combos, lowest defensive possibilities, and the damage isnt worth it
and spamming curse and flashbang on every crowd is fucking tiring
>>
File: 2016-01-07_09-49-26.png (49KB, 322x623px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_09-49-26.png
49KB, 322x623px
>>127782125
Yeah quality like back in the day when ayy lmao was desu, pepe was coolface, and niggerspeak was weebtalk. Fuck off with your nostalgic bullshit for a shitty website for shitty degenerates.

>>127782236
Sorry meant the offer for other anon, I think I was going to ask you something about your build but I'm tired and forgot I guess.

>>127782414
To be honest that guys build looks really solid, plus he's on hardcore elite so it has to be at least somewhat good. Take a look at his skill distribution, read tool tips and make your decision from there, I'm afraid I don't know anything about pet builds. I have a spare so the Black Scourge offer stands. I also happen to have two pairs of venomspine greaves, they're for a witch hunter but dem bonuses

>>127783207
>>127783084
Hardcore has made me sick of act 1, even if it's great. I really, really like Act 2 even though it's a wasteland. Maybe that's why I like it, come to think of it.
>>
>>127783084
>be pyromancer
>have no 'press x to not die' button
>get gibbed by fabius crit
if only curse restricted blink strike abilities
>>
>>127783237
grenado hits like a truck >and benefits from curse of fraility.

canister bombs for crowds.

it's a really good build for guns and pistols.
>>
If I pirate this, will it stay the same requirements wise? I want to see if it'll run on my laptop but don't want to risk wasting money on it. I understand it might not actually be fun due to things being broken but would it be playable to the point I can test it out?
>>
>>127783440

I would never play those kind of classes in HC because of that very reason. So easy to be obliterated by some stuff. I can face tank elite Fabius on my HC character but 4 other characters of mine died from stuff like getting stuck in a pack of mobs or cornered, etc.
>>
File: 2016-01-05_20-09-08.png (141KB, 339x533px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-05_20-09-08.png
141KB, 339x533px
>>127782236
>>127783381
>demo/soldier
This dropped for me the other night, happen to have anything that a Druid could use?
>>
>>127783603
that's like the ultimate firestrike rifle
>>
File: 1388766951788.jpg (13KB, 246x164px) Image search: [Google]
1388766951788.jpg
13KB, 246x164px
>>127783440
>what is blood of dreeg

you shouldn't be tanking shit as a pyromancer anyway get a hellhound.

>>127783603
hi anton stop trying to sell my gun.
>>
>>127783556
you can always refund games on steam bro
>>
>Experimenting with a dual-wield soldier/nightblade
>Realize Menhir's Will requires a shield/two-hander
Why? Fuck
>>
>>127783748
firestrike with chaos conversion bows is better

>>127783778
>unironically getting doge on a non-pet build after it got nerfed into a wet towel
>blood of dreeg doing anything postmortem when you get crit for 8k out of 6k hp

>>127783937
not always
iirc it has 2 hour trial time, then you can go fuck yourself
thanks Shekelbe- I mean Gaben
>>
>>127784071
>not using honey and other potions to take less damage. If you're getting crit for 8k that your gears fault. I have never been hit harder than 3k on almost any of my hardcore vet/elite builds.
>>
>>127784071
>2 hours is not enough time to see if a game will run on your setup
>>
File: maivens sphere druid.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
maivens sphere druid.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>127784423
you'll be surprised when you reach act 4
act 1 doesn't test your hardware as much as the latter tentaclefest

>>127784263
my point is that curse won't save you from bullshit heroes and especially not against nemesis mobs
>protip: if you take too much damage, take less damage
wew lad that's some nice insight
mind telling me how to deal damage when you have fully invested into resists and damage block just to not get oneshot
there's a reason every hardcore char either has soldier/arc subclass or ridiculous phys which hurts your damage especially when enemy resists kick in
pic related
>>
>>127764461
Fuck off you societal succubus
>>
File: 2016-01-07_10-08-26.png (115KB, 217x465px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_10-08-26.png
115KB, 217x465px
>>127783778
not your gun yet qt and my druid needs legendary gear

>>127784423
For grim dawn, it's really not unless you use someone else's save file and enter a high density area throwing out a ton of effects.

>>127784071
what about this?
>>
>>127784801
>get a job
>hire me
>fuck off
c'est la vie
>>
File: nignog got served.jpg (272KB, 796x1090px) Image search: [Google]
nignog got served.jpg
272KB, 796x1090px
>>127784854
I hope this shit gets nerfed
still subpar for an occultist ranger because you want chaos/vit conversion and minus resists for act 4 unless you want to become pic related in the abyssal stage of fiery rape
>>
>>127784792
you don't fully invest in resistances it's all a balancing act, you use higher level components to supplement taking different skills depending on your build.

Only baddies who can't dodge play arcanist/soldier face tank.
>>
File: 1323516566230.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1323516566230.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>rifles
>crossbows
Literal trash.

New thread where.
>>
File: 1414864302237.jpg (31KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1414864302237.jpg
31KB, 251x242px
>Want to play another class
>Remember the farming

Should I just copy paste my character with cheat engine and reset his skills and attributes?
>>
>>127785393
how do you reset attributes?
>>
>>127785479

with cheat engine
>>
>>127785393
how would you get a different mastery?
>>
>>127785479
>>127785393
Just use >>127730284
>>
What is the chance that I will get +5 on a skill I want with Badge of Mastery?
>>
File: harbinger hat.png (5KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
harbinger hat.png
5KB, 64x64px
>>127785268
DOMO, Shitposter-san
My name is Death Gun
*teleports behind ur back*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19W-9fvp_fQ
>>
>>127785786
very very very low
>>
>>127785786
Lower than the chance of getting a good hellfire amulet in D3
>>
>>127785857
They're useless. Cool set though. What would you even use it for?
>chaos
>phys
>ITD
>>
>>127786065
>>127785890
So better not to bother then?
>>
>>127786117
Unless you hate yourself
>>
>>127786079
I think it's for witchblades
seems good for cadence and markovians with oleron and curse
>>
>>127786117
I've made about 50 and only saw 1 that gave +5 to one skill.
>>
>>127786079
>>127786349
It has to be for witch blades, that's the only way you could utilize its stats.

What would you use >>127784854
with, Saboteur? I feel like with all that bonus damage you could absolutely destroy chthonics.
>>
First time playing Grim Dawn
Rolled with Occultist
Level 11 with 5 points in Occultist, 3 in Blood Curse or whatever it's called and 23 left over.
None of my 2 devotion or 9 stat up points have been spent yet.

What is a good class to compliment Blood DoT damage?
I have a lot of gear that helps fire damage and just got a rare mace from some giant fire golem that works with poison and acid damage.
>>
File: screenshot37.jpg (67KB, 332x478px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot37.jpg
67KB, 332x478px
>>127786117
If you have the patience to farm a billion Chipped Claws, go for it. The chance for a +5 is pretty damn low, though.
>>
>>127786831
Nightblade, it would also give you a spammable bleed attack with a cone
>>
>page 10

Well this is it, goodbye gents.
>>
>>127786831
Just go with what you feel is fun. You can easily respec skills and devotions, so don't be afraid to experiment. Finding your own fun build is majority of the fun in this game.
>>
>>127716457
follow the river
head west
>>
>>127786831
nightblade has a good deal of bleeding, and a few survivalibity skills
you shouldnt focus on DoT damage though, and thats also what nightblade does perfectly
>>
>>127786831
don't be afraid to put points into skills you have access to in order to try them out. refunding spent skill points is super cheap, but you can't refund points spent advancing your mastery
>>
File: 1445800405686.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1445800405686.png
47KB, 632x852px
>>127716457
>find the guy in cultist lair
>tell him I already found his stash
>"I should have hidden it better I guess..."
>>
>>127786831
Soldier or shaman
>>
File: 1452118148487.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452118148487.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>127787313
>report the death of the cultist faggot to legion thundercunt
>she gives yet another chtonian sash
SOMEBODY WAKE ME FROM THIS NIGHTMARE
>>
Is someone making a new thread?
>>
>>127786831
>Has only spent points on 1 skill and only at level 3
>It's a trash mob clearing DOT
>level 11
Well I guess that's one way to actually make the game tough.
>>
>>127787574
NEW THREAD
>>
>>127787523
I was going to but then I realized all my pictures are 720p low settings and I couldn't find one I liked, so I started photoshopping "General" onto a hd wallpaper but then this happened >>127787596
and now I'm going to bed.
>>
I want to ask about mortar trap. I got it and all of its upgrades at 1 and this is a fun guy. He even has a bomb called 'the big guy'

What are the generals thoughts?
>>
>>127783603
I want ii
>>
>>127783603
>2 handed gun

I thought the only viable ranged was dual pistols?

Have I been bamboozled?
Thread posts: 804
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.