[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

r/arkg/ - Ark: Suvival Evoled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 7

File: 2015-09-25_00001.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-25_00001.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
This thread has been dead for over a day edition
>Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgeneral

>Patch Notes:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > Add a server

Dinos 'n Chill
NFA PvP
149.202.195.127:27057

NFA PvE
72.20.53.53:18816 (Password: arkg)
>>
File: Fuzz.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuzz.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>127101483
First for burd
>>
>>127101483
enjoying memeroo that for some reason only eats mushrooms?
>>
Third for devs are retarded, again.
>>
So do the roos have a kibble yet?
>>
5th for chungor did nothing wrong
>>
So whats up with the new year event

Private server and the ball is coming down still
>>
>>127105078
HORSE SHIT
>>
>>127105078
I prefer to be called cumgor now
>>
>>127107619
Ball drops 12 hours after the command is activated, resetting the server resets the command.
>>
Burd
>>
WHY IS NO ONE POSTING BASES?!
>>
>>127112530
What's the rewards you get for it?
>>
File: Best.png (8KB, 775x131px) Image search: [Google]
Best.png
8KB, 775x131px
>Not playing on le reddit server
>>
>>127116274
Fine
>>
>>127105078
What did he do now?
>>
rip my sweet prince
>>
>>127119579
RIP in piss lil buddy
>>
>>127118225
>playing on an rp server
>playing on a reddit rp server
>>
Daily reminder that the argentavis was a dirty scavenger and haasts eagle is the superior prehistoric bird.
>>
Where can I find apes, monkeys and Roos on DnC?
>>
>>127101483
>This thread has been dead for over a day edition
There really was no point in making a thread and needing to check it so often for life support.

>>127117584
Three top hat skins, that's it.
>>
>>127122146
I've seen monkeys and apes wandering through forests and the roos are supposed to spawn around mountains
>>
>>127122145
Burd is burd
>>
>>127124501
terrorburd when?
>>
>>127124606
Why do you think that I know ?
>>
>>127124868
Why wouldn't you know?
>>
>>127122145
14th century is not prehistoric you shit
>>
>>127125165
Why wouldn't I know?
>>
>>127127271
>he doesn't know
>>
File: 1448094856186.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1448094856186.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>127127493
>>127127271
>>
>>127127983
They wouldn't know
>>
>>127128275
I don't know
>>
>>127127240
Extinct*
>>
Is this game gay friendly?
>>
>>127129983
Yes, you cannot reproduce.
>>
DnC updated to latest ARK version (230.0)!
>>
>meme kangaroo finally gets released
>still no fucking word on the next dino
>>
beep boop
>>
>>127132145
I'm sad you can't upgrade its m-speed.
Can't even harvest meat on it.
The secondary player gets attacked while mounted.

Cute mount, but really no reason to really use it outside of that.
Frog can jump just as high, and can have m-speed upgraded.
>>
ded
>>
>>127137138
They fixed the movement speed thing
>>
>>127138057
So they fixed it after I just max leveled my fucking roo?

Great.
>>
>>127138352
You maxed out a roo within a day of release?
>>
>>127138946
Yeah, play on an unofficial server.
>>
>>127104313
Was half expecting to use ovi's but not
Only mushrooms now, unless you get that bug where it won't eat those
>>
>people bitch about them adding dinos instead of releasing optimizations
>even if they add 1 new animal a week, they still won't get them all out in time for their projected release
>>
Dinosaur dicks
>>
where can I look into server hosting for myself and a few friends. We want to do our own thing with separate tribes and pvp, but we want to keep the world persistent as well
>>
>>127149957
Get a pc no one needs, put a dedicated server on it, run it, done.
>>
>>127150305
No, the only spare one we had blew come capacitors in the mobo
>>
>>127150523
The only way to get the world to be persistent is to have the server run 24/7. If you don't want the pcs you use to be running all the time, you have no other option besides renting a server.
>>
>>127150523
Have you tried reversing the oscillation on the inductors?
>>
I just got it, but I'm feeling like the food drain is a bit too quick.
>>
>>127152636
Dont worry you just need to forage abd hunt more then eventually you have enough saved to do more.
>>
>stone+ a few wood walls
>wood spikes all around the building
I bet some faggot kills me anywat
>>
>>127153527
Are you on dnc? I can come kill you if you want
>>
So I played a bit on DnC but the map feels so empty and unfinished. I guess it's more realistic to not have hundreds of dinos crawling in one spot but idk, felt a bit boring desu.
>>
>page 10
>>
Early access? More like no access at all!!

How is it possible that every single server, PvE which isn't even worth playing or PvP, is 100% full almost every hour of the day? How are people able to build massive bases and tame dinos so effectively if you can rarely play on the same server twice because if you got into one it was most likely a fluke? Do people just never stop playing? Are people idling their characters in the server? If so, why don't they get kicked for AFK after a certain period of time?

400 fucking Ark servers on the Xbox and it takes almost half an hour to find a single available slot for a gametype I'd like to play.

This shit is a fucking mess.
>>
>>127157047
The number of spawns should be the same as the island, just spread over a larger area. I like not having everything bunched together, but I can see why some people don't enjoy it. Once you get a flying tame, the island feels small, but valhalla still feels big
>>
>>127157723
>Playing on X-box

There's your mistake
>>
>>127157723
How is the xbone so popular? Did they run a big add campaign before launch?
>>
>>127157821
I like it too and the map looks really nice. Just felt like some atmosphere was lacking. I think it would work really great if dino ai was improved and dinos would move in herds and packs and stuff like that.

I might take my ptera round the map some more, haven't even seen much maybe other parts are more vivid.
>>
>>127158885
Because unlike what people on /arkg/ believe, people actually own and enjoy the xbone and want to play this game on it.
>>127158345
Fucking forgive me for not being able to run this unoptimized mess on my 2007 toaster and wanting to play it on the xbox I got for xmas.
>>
>>127158345
>>127158885
The Xbox One has more concurrent players on it than the PC version. Saw an article about it a few days ago. That's why
>>127157723
is having so many problems finding a server. Not only did they waste their effort on PvE garbage servers, but the number of people who play on Xbox exceeded their expectations by quite a bit.
>>
>>127159142
>>127159340
>Implying X-bone will ever be able to play this game fully

Enjoy your watered down version I guess
This is going to end up with them forgetting PC support for X-bone support which will kill the game in the long run
>>
>>127158938
The big cave and sky island are really cool (not that you can see them on dnc), but I like the oceans and islands as well as the areas with evergreens. The biome transitions feel more natural which I like.
>>
>>127160067
They've already announced splitscreen. Playing this on a couch seems to have always been their intent, and if it wasn't, it definitely is now.

How is putting a little more emphasis on the console version going to kill the game? The console version of the game already has more daily players than the PC version, why would supporting it be a bad thing?

PC will still get updates before console does.
>>
>>127160919
X-bone simply doesn't have the speccs PCs does, so they'll either have to make essentially two different games in the same or go by the lowest of the two.

And having more players right after Christmas where it was launched for xbone doesn't say much, wait a few months and see how many of them actually stayed.
>>
>>127160919
>Playing this on a couch seems to have always been their intent

It really wasn't. One of the big pushing reasons to them adding splitscreen was the fact that it was the one question repeated ad nauseum when they did the Xbox stream.
>>
>>127161321
Good, it's what the players want and it's not a bad feature. People will bitch and moan about it especially if you can play two players online, but I fucking love the idea.

One group of players wants to play on the couch with their friends, one group wants to play alone in their basement. Soon both options will be available.

Just like how there's a PvE and PvP option. I think PvE is just a containment mode for big fucking babies who can't handle the game's difficulty. I won't play it but that doesn't mean I think it should get removed entirely.

Right now the major issue is people can't even fucking play the game on consoles because the devs thought the exact same way you do; nobody will play it on consoles pc masturd race.
>>
>>127161264
I'd rather have an ugly game that runs well than an ugly game that runs like shit but can be cranked up for

The Xbox should make them prioritize performance more than they have been
>>
>>127163049
cranked up for bullshots
>>
>>127162307
>Just like how there's a PvE and PvP option. I think PvE is just a containment mode for big fucking babies who can't handle the game's difficulty

That isn't it for PVE. PVE was made as both the option for people that don't care for PVP as well as to cater to the people that do grand designs, like the guy that made a 1:1 scale USS Enterprise on minecraft. Unfortunately, their own hardware limitations and the fact that they're not allowing any sort of terraforming is hurting the premise behind PVE.
>>
So their 7 month projection is for rebalancing, a better AI, functional Split Screen, and more dinos. Also apparently more game types.

Is this a realistic expectation?
>>
>>127165437
Fuck no. The rate they're releasing animals is too slow to get all the ones they've made dossiers of out in time. So either they speed it up or cut some to add later as dlc. Plus they are adding another tech tier for whatever reason, doing balancing, adding dungeons and bosses, optimize it, etc.

It's a complete clusterfuck and I won't be the least bit surprised when they say fuck it in June and release a game well short of the projected goals.
>>
>>127165437
And a new tech tier and at least one more island alongside a slew of bug fixes.

No it's not a reasonable expectation. Won't stop them from releasing too early anyway.
>>
>>127166357
>>127166406
I think they're prioritizing optimization, balancing and splitscreen.

Do you think they'll ever fix that issue where small dinosaurs bounce around when you hit them?
>>
>>127162307
What the players want is not always good. Take for instance the players that want non dedicated servers to allow them to roam free from the host. Would absolutely fuck performance for them once the game tries to render more than a small area.

Xbone might get them to focus more heavily on performance but first they're going to add a bunch of stupid shit that people want and haven't though seriously about.

They never should have started the xbone version before finishing the pc version.
>>
>>127166805
They are absolutely not prioritizing those things though they really should. Everything they've said is that they want to wait to work on those things seriously because they are too busy listening to buzzwords.
>>
>>127167396
I think they needed to start the Xbone version to test shit like splitscreen, UI and controller issues. Plus the amount of money they made from the Xbox version over christmas has to be staggering, hopefully it'll kick their asses into gear.
>>
>>127166805
They have multiple teams working on different aspects of the game, and none of them are on pace
>>
I don't know about you lonely nerds but I want that splitscreen fucking now, especially if that shit's available when you're playing online.
>>
>>127127240
It's not like there's a precedent for more modern critters. The Dodo didn't go extinct until the 17th century.
>>
Haven't played since the "tamed dino stat adjustment". How hard have they hit my pets?
>>
>>127169013
I don't think it was released
>>
I'm trying to setup a server but every time I start it it replaces all the settings I've made in the inis with the default stuff, how do I stop that from happening and make the server use the settings I want it to use?
>>
>Run past some dragonflies
>Run a ways away
>Start doing stuff
>Dragonflies chased me here
>Run as far as I can, draining all of my stamina before stopping
>30 seconds later the bugs are back, same group of dragonflies
Ahhhahahaha this isn't broken at all
>>
>>127171910
You might be putting them in the wrong file. There are two game.ini and another
>>
>>127172043
Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini
When I start the server the contents of those files get replaced.
>>
>>127171952
>running away from dragonflies instead of using your brain and killing them.

Angle your spear upwards or diagonally upwards, walk backward, start stabbing. Boom, dead dragonflies.
>>
>>127172319
Did you restart the game after modifying the settings?
>>
>>127172580
I never started the game, I only downloaded the dedicated server stuff from steam to my server pc.
>>
>>127172665
So you set the ini up, start the server, and find the ini has been modified? If not, can you walk me through how to replicate the issue?
>>
>>127172319
Try setting them to read-only
>>
>>127173184
Pretty much, yes.
I'd try to use the actual game files but apparently I crashed the server pc, so I'll reboot it and see if that does anything.
>>
>>127174140
Are the settings completely wiped or set to default values?
>>
>>127174857
http://pastebin.com/zghkTRn7
This is what it gets replaced with

http://pastebin.com/SSTC7Uiu
This is what I want it to have
>>
Any admins able to get on? The server just sent two (afaik) bodies flying under the map.
>>
>>127175564
Question: What do I start the server with? What I have been doing is start ShooterGameServer.exe
>>
The Valhalla map just updated and now I can't join the serve

Admins doing work when?
>>
>>127176326
Alright its a consistant problem, Ive killed myself 2 more times, and it has happened again.
>>
>>127175564
I haven't seen this before, but I'm not too familiar with arks dedicated server settings. My guess is there is another file it reads and uses the settings from a server specific file and you are modifying the base game one.
>>
>>127176783
So if you die, your body goes through the map? Fuck
>>
File: Boats.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Boats.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Tried my first boat, kinda happy with it. Looking for ideas for another

Post boats
>>
>>127179026
They really need to add cannons
>>
>>127180415
They've already said yes to cannons a long time ago. It's just a matter of time for it to be implemented. Worse comes to worst, they'll just ask the pirate mod guys if they can just take the cannons right out of that mod, like they did with the sloped ceiling people.
>>
>>127169013
Based on the .ini options they added it's not going to really change anything. They're still sticking with the dumb %increase, just reducing the numbers.

So basically low level and low tier dinos are shit. If your dinos were the only good ones before it, they'll still be the only good ones.
>>
>>127179026
Looks like a pain in the ass to drive.
>>
>>127184341
go 3rd person mode. bit tricky to turn corners. THey need a proper camera angle to do it though
>>
>>127184195
That is dumb, but at least they are toning the stat increases down. So no more 100k health quetz
>>
>>127186972
Well, we hope. What they really need to do is break it into a flat increase with a small (less than 5) % increase based on the current stat (number of points spent really alongside the base) rather than just the base stat.

Numbers tuned so that a high level/tier is still worth the extra investment, but isn't a guarantee of being better in every stat if it's not been leveled wisely.
>>
>>127187680
They should rework the dino stats and breeding entirely, it's a difficult to learn but easy to master mess right now.

Sadly I've given up on them making any positive changes to this game.
>>
Also DnC needs updating, mod version mismatch.
I'm so done with this game man.
>>
>>127187680
Agreed. Also make the stats more useful in general so you don't get pigeonholed into picking between attack and melee with the occasional points in speed. Food should be fixed (why would you ever want or need to put points in food) and oxygen tied with stamina or something (why do fliers have the oxygen stat anyway)

And fix weight/speed values. Why would you use a paracer when a rex can carry more while moving faster and having good damage. Or why is the quetzal the second best packmule only slightly edged out by the bronto which is slow as fuck. Or why all the large predators like the rex, giga, and mosa some of the fastest animals when they are supposed to be balanced by being slow.
>>
>>127122145
actually Argentavis and most teratorns have beaks more like hawks and eagles for swallowing and ripping into struggling prey
>>
For all the shit I gave it, I kind of like the roo

I still want my snail
>>
>>127189376
It's kind of lame but I think it would be passable if wild dinos of the same species and level all had the same stats. I'm not sure it would be completely beneficial but would make things more consistent, which would help with balance. That and if they just had fewer total levels.
One idea is to rescale the base stats of everything to be higher and hugely nerfing level ups so level meant a lot less than tier. That might take away too much of the carrot on a stick we play for though.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.