[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ - Dominions general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 774
Thread images: 77

File: VP day.jpg (237KB, 1798x436px) Image search: [Google]
VP day.jpg
237KB, 1798x436px
Victory edition
Previous Thread: >>126117612

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/JMmSrpdE

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is ded.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the pastebin
>Read the memes

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Traboleth.png (809KB, 741x916px) Image search: [Google]
Traboleth.png
809KB, 741x916px
>>126506085
>>
any games currently open?
>>
File: steamfegs.png (16KB, 943x215px) Image search: [Google]
steamfegs.png
16KB, 943x215px
Steamfags BTFO yet again
>>
>>126507185
little late there friend. nobody actually lost anything really.

not that im defending the piece of shit that is steam. even though i use it myself im perfectly happy to see that thing crash. hate all these "epic win valve XD" gamer dudes.
>>
>>126505336

I like /domg/ balance mod, but 5 players isn't worth joining imo. Ends in early-mid game.
>>
>>126507678
am i a pleb if i dont want to bother with this email stuff.
>>
>>126507870
Yeah pretty much

there are two groups that use directconnect servers, though, Clockwork Forest/hounds and Something Awful.
>>
>>126507870
it's worth it.
and if you really don't like it use this:
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/play-by-email-now-easier
>>
>>126508009
ty senpai
>>
>>126481979

I disagree, D9 is incredibly useful, is available on the cheap as shit demilich, and gives you a definite armor negating attack instead of an AP 6 magic attack
>>
>>126508817
???
I said D9 would (probably) be really good, the minor goes well with the 2 shapes and the major is pretty damned good, though MR negates in the era of astral might be an issue.
I was questioning the usefulness of a D9 caster.
>>
>>126509156
If you can get the death gems D9 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F9 caster. Death summons are so much better than anything fire can do with their gems that it isn't worth mentioning.

But can you get access to a steady supply of death gems is the question?
>>
>>126509524
exactly I had 3 D per turn (almost all of my provinces searched at D2+) versus 16 pre Eternal pyre (36 post).
F9 has a very steady supply of gems for Ragha, especially since they want ench anyways for flaming arrows, and ench6 has eternal pyre.
>>
>>126508009
ended up just doin it the regular way. still seems strange actual hosted servers arent a thing here. I guess it makes sense though that people wouldn't want to host something where for the most part nothing is going on.
>>
Do your turns, contribute to the wiki, have a very merry Christmas.
>>
>>126514104
That's not how we say kurisumasu 'round these parts senpai
>>
ded
>>
Is there any way to make conserve magic gems active by default for my mages?
>>
>>126520343
Nope. It barely works even if you do turn it on though, so whatever.
>>
>>126520489
It prevents them from wasting tons of gems off-script, which is mainly what I want.

I guess I'll just keep turning it on manually.
>>
well done on winning you gryphon bastard

if I hadn't been being raped on all sides maybe i'd have had enough galdermen to shoot your god-damn gryphons to death

nice work with the f9 bless, by the way, the extra killy-ness really seemed to work well for the gryphs - a lot better than the e9 and n9 blesses i've seen.
>>
>>126509773

It's mostly that a server needs an actual admin as occasionally someone will give it a turn that doesn't work and the thing will choke on it and crash hard. A big part of the reason that llamaserver is so popular is that llama reliably fixes it when it goes down.
>>
Out of curiosity, what do people think is the best physical god form for early caelum? If anyone cares about roleplay, they can pick base on that or what is the best option mechanically. Honestly, I have no freaking clue. A blue dragon?
>>
>>126522990
The answer is always Earth Snake.

Earth Snake is love, Earth Snake is life.
>>
>>126523287
They don't get that option!
>>
I postponed 24h to cover the rest of holidays.
>>
>>126522990
Demilich for access to powerful death magic and their national death summons.
>>
It's kind of lame that gold producing sites aren't producing any gold
>>
>>126524417
A 60 gold bonus is more than many provinces give, especially in EA. So it's almost like having an extra province for free.
>>
>>126524687
currently it's almost like having absolutely nothing for absolutely free
>>
>>126524778
Gold sites aren't affected by shit like Burden of Time or Armageddon spam, so it's definitely better than having nothing.
>>
>>126524852
it doesn't seem to be giving me any gold is what I'm saying
I guess all the miners are dead
>>
>>126506085
What does that screen says if you're playing as a disciple?
>>
>>126525041
>Congratulations on being a bitch. Your master now takes control of the universe while you're locked in Tartarus. Have a nice day.
>>
>>126525612
That wouldn't surprise me, given all previous pantokrators are huge faggots.
>one fed victims to his carp
>other locked all opposition in tartarus to be tortured forever, forced to argue with trolls and SJWs all day
>other imprisoned the bodhisavata of mercy because she dared to show mercy
>>
>>126524975
Gold sites modify province income, so it should be higher than the population would suggest. Naturally, they are also affected by scales, fort admin and unrest.
>>
Does unrest affects population?
Does population even affects stuff like supplies and taxes?
>>
>>126527014
No, but decreasing it does reduce population
More population = more taxes and supplies
It's why your capital has 30,000 pop at the start, so that it makes a lot of money.
>>
>>126527073
Ha. So I can't abuse that so make unlimited undead.
I was asking because I once got two provinces with different population but same income.
>>
>>126527170
There could be a variety of reasons for that.

Unrest affects income, as do scales. Having a fort in a province increases income, and there are some magic sites which can increase income too.
>>
>>126527170
Well, if you have priests that can reanimate you can make unlimited longdead anyway. Different provinces might have hidden sites that generate income or scales as well.
>>
>>126527491
Yeah, but the fresh dead (soulless) are a little better than the longdead.
>>
>>126527765
The armored ones are okay, but the naked soulless you get from patrolling unrest are pretty bad. You have to reanimate on a province with a recent battle to get the good soulless.
>>
>>126528157
You mean the soulless depends from the corpse? I though that was just cosmetic.
>>
>>126529224
>cosmetic
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at at that fucking casual. Do you realize that different longdeads have different stats too?
>>
>>126529315
>different longdeads have different stats

>No_way_that's_impossible.png
>>
>>126529369
You'll never be good at Dom4 unless you learn how to position different types of longdeads. psshhh... kidd....
>>
>>126529430
Given having more than 2 groups results in negative morale, that's a given.
>>
>>126528157
Even the 'good' soulless are shit for anything besides catching evocations.

Their attack and defense are awful and they barely hit harder than longdead. All they have going for them is a lot of hp.

I think they're relatively quick to raise compared to longdead which is a point in their favor, but that's more than balanced out by them needing corpses to raise.
>>
>>126529489
Thats only when lead by a mediocre leader. Not that it matters for undead - they have great morale.

>>126529686
Soulless are mostly used for sieging. Higher strength + numbers are a big help.
>>
>free postponement for holydays

based BADMIN i love you.
>>
On what turn do you guys usually capture your first province. It seems like sending the starting army turn 1 is always a failure, but on turn 2 if your nation has expensive mages/researchers you cant recruit that many things a turn and also recruit a mage.

Also is morale or positioning more important. Is it worth it to go negative to get a good position if you must? And how bad is bad.
>>
>>126536820
Turn 1 is super risky, but if you've got very strong units (like good sacreds with a heavy bless) or a strong awake expander (like an Erf Snek) you can do it. Even then it's still risky, but you'll be alright 90% of the time.

Turn 2 is the norm. If your mages are too expensive to get a decent expansion party by turn 2, just don't buy a mage on turn 1. At that point you'll lose more by not expanding quickly enough than by missing a few turns of research.

In really bad situations it can be justifiable to wait longer, like if the only place you can expand to is filled with lots of strong indies, but that puts you at a very big disadvantage. Not only will you start expanding later than everyone else, but the chance that your expansion will get cut off by a neighbour rises significantly. Unless you have a VERY good reason not to, you will always want to start expanding on turn 2.
>>
>>126536820
I don't blind attack unless I am playing one of the few nations that can handle it or have a pretender that can handle it. Turn 2 I attack. I won't buy an expensive mage early if it would restrict expansion.
>>
>>126537146
>(like good sacreds with a heavy bless)
Wait, ignore me I suck dicks. Nobody gets sacreds on turn 1.
>>
>>126536820
>On what turn do you guys usually capture your first province

i issue attack order on second turn.

> It seems like sending the starting army turn 1 is always a failure

some starting armies are decent but by starting turn 1 you get no prohpet and you can't see the enemy's armies you will battle with, which can be suicidal. you should never do it honestly.

>Also is morale or positioning more important

generally positioning, but it depends. a morale check will happen only if a big number of units will get damaged, so it can be completely irrelevant if your strategy works really well and you have little chance to get seriously damaged. i avoid ending up with units with less than 10 morale, especially for the main meele troops.
some nations can include small meele squads that are made for getting damaged and run away (small monkeys for catching arrows or cavalry lances). please remember that if your entire army lose 75% of total hp you route no matter what so the coward squad can't be too big.
a single holding arrow catcher armored unit in the front is another typical squad-that-will-route.
i always place archers in a line too.
>>
>>126536820
Factions like Abysia can try blind expanding without having to worry too much, for most factions you should wait until you can see what you're about to face. If you are a playing a faction with particularly weak expansion or if you think you'll lose too much, be prepared to wait one more turn depending on the strength of opposition. It's not fun to be forced to wait for an extra turn, but that's FAR preferable to losing your expansion force and might be worth it in the long run: when you engage with an overwhelming force, you kill enemies quicker and their damage is spread over a larger number of your units so your losses will be far smaller and the expansion party can sustain itself for far longer, resulting in better expansion in the long run.
>>
>>126537350
>you get no prohpet
>not propheting your scout
>>
>>126536820
>>126537350
i also forgot to say that not buying mages for the first turns is a decent idea especially if they cost more than 90 gold.

gold spent on troops will give you more provinces conquered. it's an investment with a good and fast return, so it gets higher priority than mages on the first 4-5 turns.
more so saving for the first fortress will end up with you being able to recruit for 2 mages faster.
>>
>>126536820
Generally you'll send an army out second turn after you get a chance to see what's in the provinces around you, with the initial party you start with and the units you've just recruited most nations will be fine. Some nations have shit expansion and might want to wait an additional turn, though.

Negative morale is manageable depending on your troop's base morale, so if your units have 12+ morale they should be fine taking a hit, but really you shouldn't be recruiting enough different types of units to justify splitting your parties up in more than 2 or 3 groups.

As far as positioning goes, the goal is to have the enemy's troops stop just short of your troops so you get the first blow on them. Do a bit of testing to get an idea of where you want to place your troops on the battle map, but you don't have to worry too much about it.
>>
>>126537412
>not prophetizing your commander
>not getting that sweet +1 morale for extra reliability
>not smiting heavy cavalry
>not wanting a place in the hall of fame
>>
hi guys, any tips on choosing popular multiplayer setting?
>>
>>126537765
12-20 provinces/player, 6+ players, common events, 40-60 site frequency, easy-medium research, renaming on.
>>
So what's with the Earth Snake meme? I've seen people mention it in the last few threads.
>>
File: high level diplo.png (9KB, 799x98px) Image search: [Google]
high level diplo.png
9KB, 799x98px
>>126538249
Its a very cheap way to improve expansion and develop earth magic access, so it's a popular pretender chassis. It's become slightly less so as weaknesses have become more obvious.
>>
>>126537765
most people like EA and games for 5-10 players.start with 72h for the first turn then 24 hours until you reach lategame.
increase magic sites by 5 for MA and LA. add worthy heroes 1.23 as mod ( domg balance mod is another good one but not popular enough).
choosing the map after you get to see how many player and how many water nations are there is better, but you can rule out a number and forbid water nations, or ask for at most 1.
your map should have about 12-16 provinces/player, if there is a water nation then you need to think about it too and have a similar amount of w. provinces in a single body of water.
if it's a noob game meant for first-second time player clarify it. experienced players will stomp new players even if playing bad nations.
all the graphs should be off, otherwise every other setting is on standard.
i stronlgy suggest you to open a thread in the steam community , /v/anheim group and have people post there, because it is a popular opinion that anonymous players are more likely to stale and disappear, while you can still message a named player on steam.
>>
>>126537765
You starting a game? I want in
>>
>>126538346
>I saw him massing troops on his borders, but I was thinking "oh he just is patrolling so I can't sneak in, smart guy this marveni!"
>>
>>126537765
Use one of the handful of (relatively) balanced maps, fantomagoria, grigonia aqua (fixed), or Peliwyr.
>>
>>126540792
>fantomagoria
No.
>>
>>126540792
>Peliwyr
>fantomagoria
Wow, m8, what a way to shit the bad.
>>
How do i join a online game?

i see these weird links tossed out here
>>
File: 125623523623.jpg (373KB, 894x928px) Image search: [Google]
125623523623.jpg
373KB, 894x928px
>>126540792
>Peliwyr
>balanced
I want this meme to die.
>>
>>126541969
>http://pastebin.com/JMmSrpdE
inside the pastebin is everything you need to know.
>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551
PBEM guide.
>>
>>126542060
Oh wait, I forgot 3 waste provinces near mountains.
>>
>>126542076

Thank you
>>
File: 125623523623.jpg (373KB, 894x928px) Image search: [Google]
125623523623.jpg
373KB, 894x928px
>>126542174
Oh wait, I forgot some more wastes.

Enjoy your completely balanced game, anon.

It looks really beautiful though, so it's a shame that good artists are shitty mapmakers. I'm looking at you mr. "Let's put 200 mummies in a waste province without anything valuable whatsoever".
>>
>>126541068
>>126541349
>telling me something is bad without offering alternatives.
Your mother is awful in bed, try your cousin shelly instead.
>>
>>126542408
Fantomagoria has 2 starting locations that only have one possible province to expand into unless you have flying units. It's crap.
>>
>>126542408
The most balanced maps are, quite surprisingly, random maps. They have an exact number of provinces per player, and all players start at equal distance from each other.

Dom4 is not about balance, anon. It's about silly fun. Have fun.
>>
Has anybody had event 360 in a recent version?

Some ancient Power has been disturbed, turning everyone in the province into mindless plant beings!

Effects:
kill pop: 95%
add equipment: Unknown
commander: “Intor Vadul“ - Ancient Mandragora
units: Mandragora x 10d6
units: Manikin x 16d6
>>
File: 1440537449180.jpg (1MB, 1932x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1440537449180.jpg
1MB, 1932x1508px
Tengus are ___
>>
>>126544507
shitposting.
>>
>>126544507
Incredibly cost effective sacreds that can also shoot lightning.
>>
File: 1436414522880.png (26KB, 419x296px) Image search: [Google]
1436414522880.png
26KB, 419x296px
>>126544507
Not N3 mages with great randoms
>>
How do you defeat an ethereal golem with elemental resists, bone armor, vine shield, and a fire brand if I don't have earth magic?
>>
>>126546928

Counter thug. With two golems. Or whatever you have on hand that can teleport/trapeze onto him.

Or bane fire.
>>
>>126547973
>bane fire
M8...

I had a game where I hit a golem with Wind of Death 3 times and it was still on on 1500/2000 age.
>>
>>126546928
Teleport on top of him and drop a couple oppositions. Or drop "summon air elemental" a bunch of times and watch trample do its thing.

Or one guy with a lifelong protection.
>>
>>126546928
Blood banishment spells always work.
>>
>>126548409

M8....

Banefire does 55+ AP AoE damage at 40+5 range. It's untyped, magic damage with no dodge or resist. You kill the golem with pure damage. The decay effect does not come into play and is not what he was referring to.
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (198KB, 882x420px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
198KB, 882x420px
dank new meme inbound lads
>>
>>126548510
>trample
Is it that effective? This golem also has boots of stone.
>>
>>126546928

counter thugs will stab it to death

magic weapon/hard hitting troops will stab it to death

pen-boosted opposition

banefire, incinerate

cut it's retreats and drown it in skeletons

mass crossbows

Life for a Life (no idea if LfaL works on lifeless, find out!)

prec-boosted thunderstrike!

earth/air elementals, full size ones, trample-ho!
>>
>>126548685
Ah, I thought you meant Banefire Dart. Arcane Bolt spam can work too, if you can mass S mages, as Banefire can be a bitch to aim. Gifts from Heaven can get a lucky hit, especially if your mages can't get close for shatter/opposition (range 10? come the fuck on, Illwinter), and it spends 5 turns buffing in the opposite corner. Some poorly equipped golems can die to skelespam (especially without N9 shroud), but that's just counting on your opponent's stupidity.
>>
>>126549129
>Crossbows
It's ethereal and high prot
>Life for a Life
It doesn't, it says so in the description
>>
>>126548547

Go straight to hell, do not pass tartarus, do not collect thrones.
>>
>>126549268
That being said, I don't think I've actually seen anyone use those spells in a game yet. Can they fight their way out of it? Also, Pazuzu has an escape from hell property, I guess that means it doesn't care about being banished?
>>
>>126549179
>Gifts from Heaven

No earth magic, says poster.

For range issues, try scripting your mages to attack x 3 [short range spell] x 2. You can even give them speed boots (longstride) if they are slow. Make sure fast chaff is in front so they don't actually reach melee range.

The skelespam is as defender, to hit the autorout limit (which it will), and then it routs, into cut retreats - and therefore, into death. Ethereal, Bone Armor, and Vine Shield might die to skelespam, eventually. Not the best loadout for fighting skellingtons.

>>126549210

Bone armour has super low prot. Golems have base prot 6, but that golem is going to still have super low prot. Weirdly, bone armour's prot isn't listed on mod inspector, no idea why. I remember it being low, but maybe it's 0? Hm. Anyway, crossbows are going to do more than tickle. 3/4 will miss due to ethereal, but vine shield has shit for parry, so the 25% that do hit are going to likely do damage. With Wind Guide to ensure a lot more hits, you wouldn't even need a huge number of xbows to take the golem down.
>>
>>126549524

Yeah, they have a bunch of solo battles with devils and things, and then if they win those, they get out. It takes a while, though. A variable number of turns. The best part about a SC you sent to hell coming back from hell is sending them to hell again.
>>
>>126542359
How the hell am I good artist?

It has sites, sites I tells ya!
>>
>>126550245

I'm enjoying the sites.

I'm enjoying the lack of gem income and huge cluster of swamps and all the crazy water connections slightly less.
>>
>>126546928
you can always stall it with some summons and then add any strategy than can deal damage to him ( such as many shitty thugs, many MR negate but strong spells with some reinvigoration)
>>
File: 1433273113673.jpg (9KB, 241x215px) Image search: [Google]
1433273113673.jpg
9KB, 241x215px
>be Baron
>have a hard time assembling a 30 soldier expedition group
>finally expand from my backwater castle and take over some farms
>suddenly a fucking demonologist comes out of the shadows with 40 troops and 20 demons
>wipes out my knights and levies behind castle walls

Why are CoE AI's are so fucking nasty?
>>
>>126549092
Trample does 20 AP damage per trample that connects. The golem in question has an effective defense of 4 vs trample, so almost every trample will hit. The ~23 prot the golem has isn't going to be enough against 20 AP damage.
>>
>>126551560
They cheat
>>
File: 1429882126881.gif (497KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1429882126881.gif
497KB, 250x140px
>>126551817
>>
>>126551742

No it does not do that much damage, reread the relevant manual paragraph.
>>
>>126551742

23 prot? From where? Boots of stone only give stoneskin base prot, they don't stack with existing base prot.
>>
File: stone-rain.jpg (117KB, 674x450px) Image search: [Google]
stone-rain.jpg
117KB, 674x450px
>>126554276
Sorry, had assumed that there was another source of prot, like armor or helmet.

>>126553356
>Trample doesn't do that much damage read the relevant manual paragraph
Page 60
If they fail this check, they take 8 + 2xSize trample damage
Size 6X2+8 =20

you come at the king, you best not miss.
>>
>>126544213
Yeah, two times. Fucking mandragoras.
>>
>>126554546

Golems are size 5 dude.
>>
>>126555407
You can only trample things smaller than you, and as the golem is the tramplee not the trampler (I think he said large air elemental?) the trampler must be size 6.
>>
>>126555407
Doesn't matter. Trample damage is a function of trampler size, not the difference in size. Reread the relevant manual paragraph.
>>
>>126551560

Well every great hero needs a villaine to utterly crush to progress their plot

>you are the villain
>>
Any new games recruiting
>>
Fomoria and Kailasa, will you guys be needing an extension?
>>
>and then Illwinter was casted

T-thanks

AC + utterdark + illwinter :^)
>>
>>126563047
MERRY CHRISTMAS
>>
>>126561398
If a new games start I'll play Ulm just so that there's at least one game where it doesn't stale or go AI prematurely.
>>
>>126563218
HO HO HO MERRY KURISUMASU!
>>
>>126564084
This is just asking to have some kind of real life trouble that prevents you from playing just sort of . . . pop up.
Do not underestimate the curse of Ulm.

Though EA Ulm seems somewhat not effected by the curse like MA/LA Ulms are.
>>
>>126562337
I got distracted by sailing the zee, doing the turn now.
>>
>>126561398
you should make a MA game, i'm totally joining
>>
>>126563047
P
A
N

W
A
S

R
I
G
H
T
>>
>>126566351
Pan was a pathetic faggot.
>>
>>126565783
but that's rude, niefel.
>>
>>126564084
No stales! Only ever last every once in a while etc.
>>
>>126566827
Who?
>>
anyone willing to set someone AI for me?
>>
>>126567718
What game?
>>
>>126568363
mastersofMoM
>>
>>126568448
Ah, I'm playing in that game, so I can't help.
>>
>>126567718
Send it to MrSkeltal at yandex.com
>>
>>126568448
>>126567718
Sure.

[email protected]
>>
>>126569076
sent thank you.
>>126569114
thank you anyways.
>>
>>126569201
Should I hit resend? Which nation?
>>
>>126569626
it's ulm and it should be resent already.
>>
>>126569743
>ulm
WHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, this nation should be banned.
>>
>>126569743
Didn't you get a sub for Ulm?
>>
>>126570290
he never responded after posting interest, I've just been forcehosting when I notice Ulm is last.
>>
File: 1446404785456.jpg (69KB, 420x612px) Image search: [Google]
1446404785456.jpg
69KB, 420x612px
>>126569928
Who else is going to subdue the priestfag nations when skellies fail?
>>
>>126571387

everyone besides the ulm AI
>>
>>126567718
Still not in. Are you sure you changed the correct e-mail address? I'll try hitting resend again in the morning.
>>
Are Gath sacreds worth a bless or should I just go scales? What kind of bless?
>>
>>126573885
I tried changing it again.
>>
>>126576967
Done. Enjoy your staleless game.
>>
>>126575175
>Is the nation with rec-everywhere sacreds, sacred giants, sacred mage-priest giants, and sacred summons worth a bless?
Yes.

>>126554546
this pic
>>
>>126577720
thank you ever so much.
>>
>>126580342
to be fair their sacred unit summons and their rec-anywhere want W9, while their Giants/Mages and commander summons want N9E(x)
>>
>>126582048
While this is true wrt which bless is ideal, it's not like either is particularly disadvantaged by the other bless. 24 hp regenerating infantry is a pretty good deal for 15 gold, and w9 giants may not be as resilient, but are still a righteous pain in the ass.

also their pearl angel summons enjoy an n9 bless too.
>>
so I've started getting into Dom4. I really like the game so far, especially since most of the actual difficulty to it is just managing the UI, which is something I can handle, rather than something like Aurora or whatever. I have a few questions though. Is Asphodel any good? I've been playing a few games with them against the AI (yeah, I know, but I'm still just kicking around) and while I like their aesthetic and I like the whole carrion thing, their satyrs and shit seem kinda lame and I usually end up underestimating a threat and get decimated.

Another question, are there any like general strategy tips you guys can give me? I'm putting together an end of turn checklist to make sure I don't miss anything important and so far I have recruiting units, putting idle mages on research, and generally just making sure nobody's idle unless they can literally do nothing. Anything else I should add?

Also, I hear 'you should buy a commander every turn' a lot but is that actually true? Like, every single turn should I be hiring one or just at the start of the game and then later once I've lost one or two or when I know I'll need one? Any hiring tips in general? Is it better to spam cheap units or save up for expensive ones, or should I do a mix of both? Or does it just depend on race and age or whatever?
>>
>>126587785
there's a setting to make newly recruited mages research automatically.

Asphodel is reasonably good, but you shouldn't play with them until you understand the game better, their mechanics are weird given they need gold but also kill population.

cheap vs expensive units depends on the nation.

you should be hiring mages EVERY turn from EVERY fort. there are exceptions, like needing a new fort so you turn off a few mages, or needing a large army soon, but mages are always better.
>>
just noticed Berry has 2 stalls in a row . . . wonder if they'll be the new chain-staller?

No clue whats actually happening to them though? Did Machaka eat them or something?
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/458604254427631110/

8 players already, looking for 2-6 more.
>>
>>126588702
Atlantis might have. The Mediterranean had a lot of competitors
>>
>>126587785
>especially since most of the actual difficulty to it is just managing the UI
That might be true in singleplayer, but it's definitely not true in multiplayer.

>their satyrs and shit seem kinda lame and I usually end up underestimating a threat and get decimated.
Their satyrs are pretty poor troops, I'd try to avoid using them.

>Anything else I should add?
There's a hotkey which cycles through idle units. I think it's 'n'.

I don't use it but you might find it helpful.

>Is it better to spam cheap units or save up for expensive ones, or should I do a mix of both? Or does it just depend on race and age or whatever?
Depends on a ton of things.

As a general rule, cheap are better when you just want to keep the enemy troops away from your mages and expensive are better when you want to actually kill enemy troops with your units.

>Also, I hear 'you should buy a commander every turn' a lot but is that actually true?
It's not true in literally every situation, but it's a good general rule.

If you have gold to spend and a fort which isn't recruiting mages you should have a very good reason for it.

>>126588387
Aren't popkill nations very effective against the AI?

Asphodel might be hard to play against actual people but it should be relatively easy in singleplayer.
>>
>>126588945
>Steam

Fuck off
>>
>>126590529
They are incredibely good vs AI but they use different tactics and have different problems than a standard nation.
>>
>>126588945

How do you even sign up?
>>
File: domtards.png (198KB, 1327x831px) Image search: [Google]
domtards.png
198KB, 1327x831px
Umm....domtards?
>>
>>126596120
Madoka fucking cheated. You can't wish to become Pankoman
>>
>>126596120
>disabling adblock on 4chan
>after moot cucked himself and sold us all out
>>
>>126590857
>Hating steam for no reason
>90% the exact same crowd as here
>>
Does the latest 4.22 version of the game has working direct connect multiplayer?
Me and my bro tried to play, but client's are getting blank screen, and server with -d (debug) mode shows something like:
received packet 1
received packet 25
connection terminated
Instantly after either of us try to connect and play our nation... We are on same LAN, no firewalls. Tried either linux/windows version of the game.
Might as well share our cdkeys, it's useless if the game itself is broken, lol.
>>
>>126605389
Everyone in the steam group is here, many of the active posters are in the steam group, and just about all of the people who are genuinely helpful in thread are on steam as well.
>>
>>126606687
Are you forwarding the port that you are connecting on?
>>
>>126606816
We are on same network. 192.168.1.X. Any port is visible from another machine. Also both of us are getting same "blank screen", if we host and try to connect to ourselfs, too. It's like this:
1) I host game on port 11100.
2) I connect to 192.168.1.100 or 127.0.0.1 and port 11100. I select nation and god.
3) Bro connects to my IP and port, he selects nation and god, so far so good.
4) I press start (in my server host window or client window, either of them).
5) We wait 4 or 15 seconds and it generates map and all seems good, and bam, once we are supposed to see the map, we are both disconnected. Clients have blank screen, only music plays. Server shows "0 active connections" and debug log has "connection terminated" from both of us. Why this happens...
>>
>>126606687
>>126607030
I've had issues connecting via LAN (to myself, wanted to check the server had been set up fine).

Try forwarding ports and using your internet address rather than LAN.
>>
>>126607294

Well, I just tried to host one of my single games against AI and with external IP. Same thing, blank screen, immediate disconnect from server.
>>
>>126566930

but you bullying burnmans while plant skeletons eat

bad steel mans
>>
>>126607536

a) you have to forward the port you are using for the game, on the router

b) you have to use your external IP to connect

Sounds like you didn't forward the port. If you have any kind of complexity in connecting to the internet, direct connect won't work.

The above is why most people use a third party play by email server, the llamaserver.
>>
>>126610957
See
>>126607030
>3) Bro connects to my IP and port, he selects nation and god, so far so good.
It sounds like he connected to the server but it kicked everyone out when he tried to start the game.
>>
>>126611126
And it kicks him out, too. Because on host window it always shows "0 active connections" and trying to connect results it's blank screen on client. Weird ass bug.
>>
>>126612263
Wipe and reinstall? Does the map successfully generate?
>>
>>126614337
I can load that MP save in single player, it works and we tried either generated maps and premade maps.
>>
Kombawa minnasan!

I'm buying death and air gems, paying 30g for one or 1 to 1 for N/F gems. Contact me in the steam chat or via ingame om for details or just send in the gems - disclaimer: depending on the number of gems sent I may pay in few turns, but probably not.

Vanheim - I want to discuss my message, I'm in the steam chat.
>>
>>126614430
What about loading the save in the server client?
>>
>>126614590
Possible too. It's just that server will disconnect any client as soon as clients connect for reason I have no idea why.

Also nevermind, I give up this game as multiplayer game. At least singleplayer works.
>>
>>126614990
There's always the ghetto way of doing multiplayer, make a single player with two human players and put the save in a shared area.
>>
How are you supposed to beat N9B9 ozelotls anyway?
>>
>>126615685
W9N9 Raghan Griffons
>>
>>126615685
But seriously, stellar cascades + chaff, skellyspam, and if enough of them are in one place RoS might be worth it if you have cheap mages that can do it.
>>
>>126615685

Demon cleansing plus evos from high hp high mr mages.
>>
>>126616070
So putting them to sleep is my only real option? Will skeletons be able to kill them without getting popped by blood vengeance first?

>>126616110
>>
>>126616215

I also think trample doesnt trigger BV so several good size 5-6 tramplers could work.
>>
>>126616215
Depends if you can afford a war of attrition between your mage corps and their blood summons.
At very least you don't want to be chucking damage spells. Then there's the whole mage support >no mage support so you need to cast everything that isn't direct damage.
>>
>>126616307
Tramplers also don't trigger repel, so if you can charge a blob of pikes with elephants it's a great ideas asside from mages shrecking elephants and them being pricey as fuck.
>>
>>126616307
When there's over a hundred ozelotls on the field that becomes a little difficult

>>126616330
Eh, I don't know. Antimagic reduces the chance of getting popped by blood vengeance, but you're still going to die eventually if you're using any kind of aoe spells.
>>
>>126590857
Hi, you must be new here.
>>126592897
Post in that thread, or in the desura/dom4mods thread.
>>
>>126616919

First of all, Storm/Perpetual Storm. Put the ozelotls on the ground, where they belong.

Second of all, chaff. Skeletons are the best for this, but Swarm/Creeping Doom works, so does infantry. Individual ozelotl attacks don't do huge damage even with b9, so if you put Marble Warriors on some guys in good armour they will crumple and die much more slowly than otherwise, similarly if you use statues etc.

Third of all, removing. Multiple options here.
1. Amulets of antimagic + other antimagic items + Resist Magic/Iron Will = high MR. Proceed to burninate.
2. Communion = weak mages (again MR buffed) tossing big spells. They die, shrug. Proceed to burninate.
3. Summon mass elementals to do the murdering. Ozzies cut them apart quick, so you'll need lots, but if you have chaff blockers holding up the ozelotls and keep them on the ground, they'll eventually murderize all the ozelotls.
4. Let your chaff do the murdering. Debuffs like tangle vines, numbness, prison of fire, false fetters, doom, etc will let your chaff slowly kill ozelotls.
5. Let your chaff do the murdering 2 electric boogaloo. Archers do good damage to ozelotls, especially unbuffed ones, if they're on the ground and not flying around the place. Flaming arrows also works. Shoot them to death, watch some of your archers explode, never care.
6. Set up a SC. If it can not die to ozelotl claws (harder than it sounds), it can just slowly chop through ozzies while humming a jaunty tune. Tarts work great for this, with the right buff paths.
7. Do any of the above with fatigue causing battlefield effects up, which help make ozzies die by making them fall asleep etc.
8. Buff a guy's MR, like, a lot. Preferably he's a tough bastard, too. He casts Firestorm. Stuff slows down the ozelotls, a storm is up, etc. They die. He hopefully tanks the damage reversal with his 25 MR or whatever. Acid Storm/other damaging battlefield enchants.
>>
>>126619735

9. Grip of Winter, Curse of Stones, Quagmire, Foul Vapours, Rigor Mortis. They get fatigued, and slowly fall unconscious. Works best with undead skelespammers but in a pinch works with anything you don't particularly care about.
10. Communion Master->Body Ethereal->Bone Grinding. blurgh, the bunch of guys you had cast that explode, but the ozzie horde is dead or limping, as are their controlling mages. Similar things with Rain of Stones, Earthquake, Wind of Death, etc. Drop a bunch, lose your mages, it sucks, but the double bless ozelotls are dead.
11. Master Enslave/Regular Enslave. Enslaving is not damage.
12. Cascades.
13. Buff some high tier summons and have an ol' monster fight, like vine ogres or vitriols or something. Strength of giants, marble warriors, quickness, wave warriors, and then go TOE TO TOE.
>>
Chucking you two hours Neifelheim
>>
>>126614990

Multiplayer is literally the point of the game, though. Also i've run direct connect games with friends, on varieties of computers, via varieties of routers/modems, many many times and not run into this problem. Not sure what's causing it for you, but if you figure that out, likely you won't have issues henceforth.
>>
Just picked up Dom4, read the manual and I really dig Ermor in middle age. Undead armies have always tickled me in the right way and I love that you get free undead along with being able to reanimate with mages. I've only played one game so far and I have a few questions: what should I be recruiting to lead my armies? Censors seem like good commanders, but I look at the elder unit and he's just better at everything and a mage to boot. What's the point of bishops and acolytes? With undead, should I even care about the morale penalties for too many squads? What kind of good general purpose formations for battle are there? Does pop do anything for Ermor other than tax income and number of potential corpses?
>>
>>126621564
Bishops and acolytes can toss down some interesting buff spells, they can bless your sacred units if you took a strong bless, and they can create certain undead units.

No, don't care about morale penalties with your mindless undead. Just use moundkings, dusk elders, and maybe a bishop/archbishop or two.

Pop does nothing for ermor.
>>
>>126620067
14. Don't let mictlan get to the point where he can throw 100 ozelotls at you.
15. Demoncleansing + rain of stone
>>
>>126621564
>what should I be recruiting to lead my armies?
Don't you get freespawn mound kings? Use them.

>What's the point of bishops and acolytes?
As far as I know, there really isn't much point to getting them. Just grab Arch Bishops for holy spells and/or lictor reanimation.

>With undead, should I even care about the morale penalties for too many squads?
It matters for some undead (lictors, ghouls, possibly a few more), since they're not mindless. Check their morale value. If it's 50 you're fine, otherwise avoid morale penalties.

>Does pop do anything for Ermor other than tax income and number of potential corpses?
Tax income is still nice (until your population all dies), since you get better freespawn from forts (and maybe from temples/labs, not sure on that). Forts also provide additional protection for your lands.
>>
>>126619735
>>126620067
Alright, good advice.

tfw I may just have to use winds of death on them and hope that they die with their 1000 maxage
>>
>>126621564

ma ermor has two main strats.

1. take b9 + other high blesses, use lictors and knights of the sepulchre to kill people. Use your D gems to get more lictors and things to lead lictors, hope you win or get huge before this stops being viable.

2. Take a semi rainbow mage, use lots of gems to summon other mages and not just D gems, use magical strats in addition to huge hordes of free chaff. Lots of battlefield kill style stuff.

your scales for both are turmoil3sloth3cold3death3luck3magic3.

generic ermor tips

ghouls eat mind blasts, take ghouls so enemy mages don't just kill your commanders with mind bullets

forts make slightly better longdead, and controlling temple placement can give you some high-income provinces in other people's dominion, ensuring a gold supply

if a spell isn't battlefield wide, odds are ermor doesn't really care about it. Your first stop is generally Ench for Rigor Mortis and Grip of Winter. After that you get your hands on more summons or some more battlefield kill like wind of death or whatever. Darkness buffs your longdead but mostly you don't care as they'll eventually swamp most things and the things they can't swamp you need specific stuff to kill like rigor mortis or whatever, and no amount of darkness will help
>>
>>126624624
>Ench for Rigor Mortis and Grip of Winter
You forgot to add that Ench 5 gives you Horde of Skellingtons, which, if you have a rainbow build (or stumble upon serious death gem trove with tribless build), can be used by tons of your stealthy spectators to raid enemy provinces or even win sieges without losing a single unit.
>>
>>126625331

MA Ermor using horde of skeletons is awful. Your mages are desperately precious and you have shit-tons of longdead already. Risk them by taking them out of the lab and putting them in battles to get... some more longdead? The actual worst advice.
>>
Does a ring of regeneration stack with natural limited regeneration?

Casting regeneration in combat raised it to 20% but using the ring doesn't seem to have an immediate effect on the effect's tooltip.
>>
Do units in garrison help with castle defence or do they need to be lead?
>>
>>126628160
They spawn like PD, in the center and with "attack closest" order. If it's undead units with no undead commander then they will start to dissipate at the start of the batle though.
>>
>>126628395
No, I mean siege defence
>>
>>126628621
It doesn't matter. As long as there are units in the province they will participate in the battle even without commanders. I'm not sure what happens to magical creatures without magic leadership though.
>>
>>126628770
No. SIEGE defence. The DEFENCE number of the fortress going down.
>>
>>126629049
AHHH. Well, yes, they do participate. Just tested it a turn ago with tons of militia and ghouls.
>>
>>126629146
Thanks.
>>
File: 1.png (72KB, 450x205px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
72KB, 450x205px
One down, two to go.
>>
ded
>>
ermor
>>
>>126614520
Email me. I won't be home at all today.
>>
File: 494c8c540bb00ca5ed59ed3c0af5b5c3.jpg (488KB, 1013x714px) Image search: [Google]
494c8c540bb00ca5ed59ed3c0af5b5c3.jpg
488KB, 1013x714px
>>
I want to play Dominions but I'm stuck with analysis paralysis and can't make any decisions. What drugs should I be taking to get over this terminal indecision?
>>
>>126638595
>analysis paralysis and can't make any decisions
Play an easy nation like MA Ulm and then you'll get better at playing harder nations later
>>
>>126638673
>MA Ulm
Congrats, /domg/, got us another staler.
>>
>>126638718
Don't be mean to me or I really will join your games and fuck them up. I'm also not really interested in Ulm anymore after playing a few games as EA Ulm to learn the game.
>>
Does MA ermor need an awake/dormant pretender, or can you go imprisoned and survive the blob?
>>
>>126640650
You can go imprisoned, but you'll need to empower one of your mages to summon the good stuff.
>>
Hey, Admin, someone has a turn problem.

Not sure who, check dom4mods for asking them and so such.
>>
>>126641030
Yeah, That's sort of the plan.

There's also the 1% chance that you get Emmimi the wraith lord join your party before you do so, saving you 45 gems
>>
File: 2015-12-27_00001.jpg (166KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-27_00001.jpg
166KB, 1680x1050px
>>126630212
I'm not sure who you're trying to convince, but the battle was basically "why you don't use box formation vs Ermor", with a bunch of your knights getting round due to bogging down the soldiers with longdead.

7 territories and 2 undersiege forts left, bye-bye skeletons.
>>
>>126642823
>120 sacred knights

dang yo
>>
Agartha can we talk in the steam chat sometime before the next turn?

And TC whats up man, speak to me.
>>
>>126642823
Why is nobody using Wind of Death against him? It's basically the ultimate skellington/blood bless wipeout spell. Just don't forget eye of the void, rune smasher, and spell focus.
>>
>>126643068
That's all he has put into a single stack.
>>
>>126642823
I'm afraid I won't be going down that easily. That small, artillery-less expeditionary force was just to get those redskins out of my back yard. Besides, I have a few friends in places you might not suspect. Places close to you. I'd buff up on province defence if I were you.
>>
>>126644043
s-spooky
>>
>>126644043
>Buff province defense
Yeah, wasting all that money does tonnes for fighting people?

Also, I love you're scared by my meagre bounty and posting battle-data.
>>
File: 904.jpg (43KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
904.jpg
43KB, 431x431px
>>126644140
Places INSIDE OF YOU

>>126644385
I'm not scared at all. In fact, the real SPOOKINESS is about to begin. Marignon shall be my first victim.
>>
>>126644581
Even if you have discovered his one weakness, I'm not sure how you'd get bloodvines.
>>
>>126643092
Not much going on. My army made it a few provinces in before getting obliterated. Most of my important mages survived and I've summoned more troops, but I don't think there's much I can do considering my god awful gem income and lack of gold.
>>
>The admin for the game Stalewarriors has sent you a message:

Rest in peace, anon.

The funniest part is that he probably didn't see Illwinter yet. :'^)
>>
>>126646241
Shouldn't have licked those frozen poles.

Also, I don't mind the extension. It's called Stalewarriors, come the fuck on.
>>
>>126620071
Just a problem with a new computer, not knowing where this thread was, and not realizing that I didn't have the map (just that the game was crashing).

Should be fixed now. Thank you, and please have a wonderful day.
>>
>>126646241
I'm minorly unwell and in Wales, not dead.

And yes, I know of Illwinter being cast.
>>126646364
I also can't do shit till AC or Utterdark goes down, and I messed people up enough with the week postponement, I won't be the, uh, seventh armageddon or equivalent?
>>
Admin, i dont mind another delay since i wont be able to take a turn until wed.

Ultimately im fine with whatever since it doesnt really matter
>>
>>126622115
>>126622275
>>126624624

Thanks guys, I might start a new game against the AI and see how I do with this advice. Would anyone interested in a multiplayer game with a noob soon? Should I just go to the steam group?
>>
>>126647975
Ermor has a certain stigma, rightly so, and can turn into a micro clusterfuck. Ask the NoStalers Admin how it went for him.
But yeah, jump in whenever, newbs are always welcome and the steam group is kinda subsidery but usefull for info.
>>
>>126647975
If you want a noob only game you should probably go to the steam group.

Being in an anonymous game might be an advantage since people won't know who you are. You probably shouldn't play Ermor or Lemuria in a first game, they're always public enemy number 1.
>>
>>126647975
You should totally make a new game, since there is some interest for it (the last MA game, the EarthSnake meme died before starting).

But as some people told you, it's not a good idea to play ermor in your first multiplayer game. It's not about it being hard or something, just people tend to gangbang popkill nations asap.
>>
>>126650556
Aside from MA Eramor, what other nations are pop kill ones?
>>
>>126650813

>Eramor

It's Emor
>>
File: erasmus.jpg (122KB, 809x1145px) Image search: [Google]
erasmus.jpg
122KB, 809x1145px
>>126650813
>>126651061
No, no, it's Erasmus.
>>
>>126645630
It's true
>>
>>126641030
>>126642470
With a tribless, you can also rush Cons to get a skull staff (since cons lets you build the laurels to summon more lictors, it's not putting you behind on short term power) but if you are running drain (or even neutral magic scales) then your researchers are less efficient than dusk elders in addition to being less generally scary combat mages (dusk elders are pretty fantastic mages against anyone without astral)

Also, two of Ermor's heroes have D3+, not just one. Putrescator or whatever his name is has D4
>>
>>126642823
Did he not just summon a bunch of fire elementals and then collect his free victory? Fire elementals completely fuck masses of longdead.
>>
>>126626190
It's specifically for stealthy raiding parties. One or two spectators spamming Horde, depending on the amount of PD, will take a province. For raiding along your border, groups of 80 longdead lead by a mound king work, of course, but the stealth option is nice to have.
>>
Was there a turn rollback or something? Today's turn is the same as the last turn.
>>
>>126654029
Nope.

Try requesting a turn resend and see if that fixes it.
>>
>>126656383
Ah, chalk that problem up to user error
>>
>>126650556
>>126648524

Why don't people like pop kill factions? I'm guessing because it makes their provinces useless? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>126659720
it's because you're fucking cancer you undead piece of shit fuck

i'd tell you to kill yourself but I guess you're already dead so just please stop existing fuck
>>
>>126659720
>I'm guessing because it makes their provinces useless?
That's certainly part of it. Most popkill nations can become very hard to remove if you leave them alone too long, and when you do remove them all you get for your trouble is a bunch of dead provinces.

In addition to this popkill nations are more likely to cast game-changing spells like Utterdark, Burden of Time, or even Armageddon, since they're much less affected by them than everyone else.
>>
The manual states the following:

Reduction strength = unit strength squared / 100
● Flying units get +1
Repair strength = unit strength squared / 100
● Flying units get +1
● Mindless units are only worth 10% of calculated value

What is 'unit strength' in this equation? Just the amount of units?
>>
>>126660879
Yes
>>
>>126660879
Units' combined strength stat squared. So dispossessed spirits will give you nothing (strength 1), while giants will be effective even in small numbers. Still, flying units are the best, especially great eagles.
>>
>>126660879
Unit strenth is the strength of an individual unit. A strength 20 giant will therefore have 4 siege strength (20^2/100=4). A squad of 20 will have 80 siege strength, or the equivalent to 80 strength 10 men.
>>
>>126660879
its the actual strength score of the unit.

>>126661032
not quite. its physical str of each unit and their siege strength calculated individually, and then summed up.
>>
>>126650813
EA Therodos, MA Ermor, MA asphodel, LA R'lyeh, LA Lemuria

i think that's it
>>
Are full cavalry armies viable?
>>
>>126662686
IT DEPENDS
>>
>>126662914
Go on...
>>
>>126662974
How new can you be? Always ask specific questions. There's so many variables that it's just meaningless without context. Which nation? Which age? Blessed cav or not?

Yes, sometimes full cavalry armies are viable, but most often than not they're a waste of time and money. Happy now?
>>
>>126662686
I think I read once that TC's raiders are cheap enough to be viable, but I don't know what age. Generally, Cavalry is too expensive. 4 horsemen can cost as much as a mage.
>>
>>126663167
Perhaps...
>>
>>126663273
Vans for MA Vanheim are nice too, if you know how to raid the fuck out of the first player you meet.
>>
>>126663167
you got tricked, senpai
>>
>>126660092
No, fuck you, eat my skelly dick.

>>126660145
I haven't casted any of the high level stuff yet, how difficult is it to pull off a spell like that?
>>
>>126663982
I have nothing better to do anyway. Might as well answer every post.
>>
File: 125432623.jpg (64KB, 738x372px) Image search: [Google]
125432623.jpg
64KB, 738x372px
I guess I should've sent a doom horror or something.
>>
File: 125432623.jpg (146KB, 1206x810px) Image search: [Google]
125432623.jpg
146KB, 1206x810px
I wonder how many HP it gets inside its dominion.
>>
I want more turns before I have to start the week again
>>
Rip Lugh ;_;7
>>
>>126666761
ty based Helaly
>>
File: 435124.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
435124.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>126667150
>tfw forgot to send my crippled 100+ kills hero to the monster mash
>he has to peacefully die in shame
Lugh was actually so based that he almost killed the dragon. He just needed a lucky hit or two.
>>
>>126667495
I threw a bunch of left over thug items in him, should have scripted personal regeneration, he would have had a better chance.
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9de9D5BwgHWwbVmJ_4Trsk3USl5-O_yaSHpcHExaOM/edit?usp=sharing

Today I made a spreadsheet comparing/modeling income and total gold from O3 and G3 over the first two years.

Assumptions of the model:

All provinces captured are in friendly dominion - favors neither, but modeling domspread is not going to happen
Only gold effects are from population increase and direct income effect (ie, ignores unrest issues, events) - this favors growth
Aggressive expansion (24 provinces in year 1) - this favors order
Average popsize of new provinces is 7K
Expansion rate is the same between the two (this is reasonably well supported- O3 doesn't really provide enough gold to create an extra expansion party in the first year).
>>
>>126671752
Last assumption: expansion stops after turn 12.
>>
Do multiple casts of wailing winds stack?
>>
>>126671752
Looks like it's almost the same shit for both cases.
>>
>>126672080
No, it's a battlefield enchantment, just like Rigor Mortis. Wind of Death stacks, as it's an immediate effect. Just look it up in the inspector. If it says "enchant world: storm" or something like this, it's not going to stack or be affected by penetration modifiers.
>>
>>126672083
Yeah, O3 doesn't provide a significant short-term advantage over G3. There's a much more obvious difference when comparing O3D3 to T3G3, though. The first produces about +800 gold in the first year, and then falls apart after that.
>>
Why the fuck do Ichtyids have iron weapons which corrode in water?
>>
>>126652653

think either i misunderstood how the exact movement order works, or just got screwed on a coinflip, because a large squad of my frontline soldiers didnt actually make it to the battle. so his sacreds just walked right around the soldiers that were there and killed the mages instead of being blocked like they should have. and he still lost out on every other front because he's a certified badplayer whose only tactic seems to be "put every single sacred in one big stack and throw it at someone" which is why he lost every other battle this turn lol
>>
>>126672926
illwinter oversight
>>
>>126673187
Shit, that sucks. He's still fucked either way though.
>>
I'll show you who's god of this gym
>>
>>126673551
We need our drawfag to draw Forester Bob as Herrington-sama.
>>
>>126673528
You are next.

Flee while you still can.
>>
>>126673942
You don't scare me, demon.
>>
>>126667696
>>126667495
>>126667150
>>126664740
>>126664549
MOTHER FUCKING DRAGON!
he even got an upgrade. (thank Pankoman he didn't lose his ring of waterbreathing)
Lugh came close, but that Vangadrott was WAY closer, if he hadn't routed for no apparent reason (fear aura?) he would have eventually won.
>>
>>126676096
oh right, he's 160hp in dom1 (which he is in right now)
>>
>>126672926
You know what's worse? Shrimp soldiers have fully ferrous gear, and they're aquatic.
>>
>>126678423
>>126672926
Just started a mod to change aquatic and some amphibious unit equipment to non-ferric equivalents. Having trouble thinking up a good name for the modified spears and shit. Ideas:

"Stone *weapon*"
"Oiled *weapon*"
"Laminated *weapon*"
"Bone *weapon*"
"Stone *weapon*"

Any feedback on which sounds best would be appreciated. Leaning towards "laminated" for technically advanced units (shrimpmans), and "bone" or "stone" for the other units (like icthyids).

I considered doing bronze/coral, but those wouldn't be appropriate in a number of instances.

Weapons being replaced for aquatic units:

Yari
Glaive
Dagger
Spear
Trident
>>
>>126679058
Oh, also "Alloy *weapon*"
>>
>>126676096
RIP my Vanadrott
He was a cool dude and had like 30 fucking defense or something silly like that
I'm glad he made it as far as he did though
>>
>>126642315
ok
>>
>>126679667
If it makes you feel better my dragon only ended up with the +MR heroic.
>>
File: 1450649063242.png (374KB, 294x436px) Image search: [Google]
1450649063242.png
374KB, 294x436px
>forgot to send someone to the deathmatch
Probably would've just been eaten by a dragon, but still.

Anyways, is there anyone at all that can dispel Astral Corruption? I have pearls I can throw at you.
>>
>>126679987
At least it's not Heroic Stupidity. Carry on the legacy of cool arena champs.
>>
Why the fuck would you ever summon Lumber Constructs?
>>
>>126680836
They're not a balanced summon. I'm thinking that they might be a better deal with more hp and siege 10
>>
I forgot about my turns completely
>>
What do you guys think of drake summons? Their breath attacks are pretty badass, especially if you send them in with troops that are immune to their element. Are they worth 7 gems a pop, though?
>>
>>126682085
They're decent with something that grants Dragon Mastery or a site giving a discount, though still on the expensive side. Cave drakes are honestly pretty mediocre, but they do make excellent evocation sponges.
>>
>>126680836
you got the site that summons them and it just takes a cheap indie mage turn to churn one out every turn.
>>
>>126682085
They're not worth 7 gems a pop 9/10 times, if that.
>>
>>126679058
What about something like "coated iron"? As in, coated with fat or something.

Or maybe some of them could be forged in a Water/Earth magic forge? Something like "warded iron"?
>>
>>126682506
Even a shitty indie mage has better things to do than summon old-age 4-attack 3-defence troops. Though I guess they do make decent blobs of free HP if you're getting them for free.
>>
>>126682532
Coated is basically the same as oiled, but thanks for the suggestion.

Forging isn't necessary. I'm just trying to think of a decent name for when I rename icthyid spears or slave guardian (triton) spears. I might just say fuck it and rename them all to bronze where there is a bronze equivalent, and "laminated" for the ones where it'd be thematically weird (Jomon, mostly)
>>
>>126680172
Easily. But I don't want to waste my high S caster.
>>
>>126683143
Daily reminder that Kurgi will die to horde of skeletons
>>
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/glacier-bay-12022
Best idea ever.
>>
>>126683671
>implying my S caster has D on him.
Humans a shit m8
>>
File: 1449138656712.jpg (39KB, 433x758px) Image search: [Google]
1449138656712.jpg
39KB, 433x758px
>>126683143
So instead of losing one mage, you'd rather not use any magic at all?
>>
>>126683873
I only have one mage capable of hitting S9 and he won't come back if he dies and nothing is stopping bats from putting it right back up.
we should ask r'lyeh to dispel
>>
>>126683143
>>126683873

Yeah man, dispel it, it's not like a blood slave has a fraction of the value of an astral pearl, and he could easily just cast it again as soon as you've dispelled it.

Oh, wait. That's exactly what's going to happen. Nevermind.
>>
>>126684031
Can you Returning out of horror attacks? I know ritual of returning works.

>>126684092
And the alternative is what? Never use gems again? He shouldn't be able to blood hunt forever anyways, what with the whole multiple Armageddons thing.
>>
>>126683671
It depends actually.

Killing doom horrors is a wacky fun and is random as shit because of the way scripting works. Kurgi failing to horde of skeletons was an exceptional occassion and luck on my side.

He didn't die though.
>>
>>126684397
I have about 12 total blood levels hunting and I'm getting in the 30 slaves per turn range. He could easily continue to bloodhunt his pop to death.
AC desperately needs to be SB rather than BS
>>
>>126684397

>alternative

There isn't an alternative. If he has a mage capable of casting Astral Corruption, and he has the spell researched, and he has a blood economy set up, then that global is basically permanent until you kill him. Even if he's lost a bunch of pop, do you really think that he'll just throw his hands up say "well I guess I'd better stop casting this game-changing spell that fucks over all of my enemies and gives me a huge advantage"?

No. It doesn't matter how many times you wish for armageddon, he's going to scrape together the blood slaves to recast that spell.
>>
>>126684397
You can return out of horro attacks, the problem is, you still take damage and horror marks if you don't die. So chassis needs to be sort of robust to survive the cast.
>>
>>126683684
It's a neat idea, as long as actual terrain types don't end up too clustered
>>
>>126684824
Well, I ain't gonna be the first to suicide myself on him.
>>
Since we're talking about horrors, I feel like asking, how viable is a screw-them-over-with-horrors strategy? How good is Send Horror? How much of a power up does it get from Astral Corruption? Does it have any chance of sending a Doom Horror? Is wishing for Doom Horrors worth the risk of getting a hostile one?
>>
>>126684824
So how do we kill the batman?
>>
>>126685416
Send horror gets a small powerup from astral corruption - something like a 1/16 chance of sending a doom horror. Those will fairly reliably fuck up even doomstacks.

Send horror is a solid spell otherwise. You don't keep the terrain, but you can ruin enemy bloodhunting with it and do serious damage to unprepared armies, in addition to terribly disrupting mapmovement

Do not wish for doomhorrors. 50/50 chance of it working, the hostile one will rekt you, and they get free within a few turns even if they don't start hostile.
>>
>>126685251
don't you still have your summoned armies? (also can't you continue to summon armies?)
>>
>>126685525
You kill him on contact at the start of the game.

>letting Xibalba live
>Ever
>>
>>126685251
>>126685525

I have no idea. I guess you'll just have to zerg him in unison with all of your best troops, and trust your neighbor (lol) when they promise to honor the alliance. When you discover that someone can cast Astral Corruption, everyone should immediately treat them like Ermor/Lemuria - stomp their ass into the ground ASAP. That spell is, in my opinion, just as bad as Burden of Time.
>>
>>126685915
astral corruption is worse than BoT, IMO
>>
>>126685612

How about Horror Seed? I've casted it before in single player, but I've never noticed its effects, if it even had any.
>>
>>126685771
>don't you still have your summoned armies?
Yeah, but I'd doubtless lose some to attrition (and his blood bless).

>(also can't you continue to summon armies?)
Wouldn't that result in my mages being raped by horrors? And it ain't like I've got the income to recruit more of those.
>>
>>126685915
I'd say it's even worse than BoT.
BoT doesn't try to kill the dispeller, and mages, while a pain to lose, are lost much slower and can actually do things without bending over for Kurgi.
>>
>>126685915
AC is orders of magnitude worse than Bot.
AC is on par with utterdark. except that utterdark costs gems and not slaves.
>>
>>126686036
Horror seed is disappointing. I tested it by debug mode spamming it at one another. It's occasionally irritating, but mostly doesn't work quickly enough. It does permakill immortals when they turn into horrors, though.
>>
>>126686069
Don't forget that UD is far harder to overcast and requires a path that isn't easy to empower in.
>>
>>126686050
you could probably get off a few summon spells before they die to horrors.
and you can summon huli jing to replace any mages that die.
>>
>>126686163

What exactly happens? Does it kill a troop or two every few turns, and send a lesser horror to get squished by your pd?
>>
>>126686618

Every turn, there is a random chance that a unit that has been randomly when horror seed was cast to burst into either some lesser horrors, a horror, or a doom horror. This unit is gone forever, immortality/hp/etc not being able to save it, and a fight ensues with the pd/everything else in the province.
>>
File: paths.jpg (13KB, 300x117px) Image search: [Google]
paths.jpg
13KB, 300x117px
>>126686563
Getting Huli Jing that can actually cast my national summons takes a bit of luck.
>>
>>126682761
>Forging isn't necessary. I'm just trying to think of a decent name for when I rename icthyid spears or slave guardian (triton) spears.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about, the "forge" thing is just the lore
>>
>>126687271
shit I thought they had an F random too, never mind then.
>>
P
A
N

WAS RIGHT
>>
File: Untitled.png (6KB, 217x64px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6KB, 217x64px
Item Units mod guy here
I'm done with R'lyeh
>>
>>126642315
>>126679823
okay Therodos my man, I may need to know the players (Logos) nation. From PBEM FAQ (this sounds like the second issue)

'- Are there any known issues?

Yes, unfortunately. Two I can think of.

- Very occasionally e-mails from a particular player just won't get through, or will be delayed. I don't know what's going on here - since they never actually get to my end I'm a bit stuck. Maybe it's an internet thing, or maybe the mail server is slightly dodgy. Solution: retry. If that doesn't work, ask the game admin for an extension and try again later. This is obviously potentially serious as it could cause staling, but it's only happened a few times ever.

- Very weirdly, a problem's happened twice where a particular turn file arrives in a player's inbox corrupt. On requesting a resend, the turn arrives corrupt again. But the file's fine on the LlamaServer, and if I change the e-mail address to my own and get it to resend it works fine. Solution: ask the admin to get the file sent to him (by temporarily changing the nation's e-mail address) and have him forward the file to you. The next turn the problem should have gone. This is super super weird, but fortunately also super rare.'
>>
>>126688354
How many nations are done? How many left?
>>
Has anyone tried playing EA R'lyeh with an armageddon-spamming strategy? They ARE great at aquatic combat, so as long as you can keep the pearls coming and keep on spamming wish, it seems like it might work. Conventional warfare is tedious and boring anyway. I don't want to monkey around with communions, and thugs, and formations. I just want to blow up the world and/or fill it with interdimensional mind shattering genocidal abominations.
>>
>>126688579
Well I've done Man, Marignon, Ulm, Abysia, T'ien Chi, Jotunheim, Ermor, Machaka, and now R'lyeh.
I've got 20 nations left.
>>
>>126679058
>>126672926
>>126678423

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7AI19pZwWqBZXYxRm42ZWtRM00&usp=sharing

Changelog:
New weapons:

Laminated glaive
Laminated Yari
Sharktooth Spear
Bone trident
Stone knife
Bronze Battleaxe
Bronze Glaive
New Armor:

Laminated Scale

Units given nonferric equipment:

Indies:

Ichithyid variants (Regular, Warrior, Lord)
Toad Tribe
Amber Clan Mage
Hydromancer
Sea Father
Jomon:

Shrimp Soldier
Crap Soldier
Shark Warrior
Atlantis:

War Shambler (EA/Spear)
Atlantean Spearman
Deep Seer
Scout
Rlyeh:

Slave Troopers
Amphibious Mad Ones/Dreamers
Aquatic Mad Ones/Dreamers
Illithid Soldiers
Slave Guardians
Holy Deep One
(atlantean) Cultist
Agartha

All wet one variants
All EA recruitables armed with generic spears/glaives/battleaxe
Xibalba:

Muuch militia
Muuch Warrior
Sak Muuch Warrior
Sak Muuch dart thrower
Mictlan:

Rain Warrior
>>
>>126689039
People try it a lot. It just irritates the tits off of everyone. You're not any less gold reliant than other nations are, so it doesn't actually help you get out of the water and claim thrones, which is what you need to win.
>>
FUCK ME can't believe I staled with MINUTES to spare.
>>
ded
>>
>>126695829
no u
>>
File: monster_1319.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
monster_1319.png
1KB, 64x64px
Leave it to me!
>>
>>126695829

>little did this bible-thumping Marignonite know that I, an immortal Vampire Lord, cannot be killed

*unsheathes katana* We'll see who's dead...
>>
File: 1444798092036.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444798092036.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>126697000
Please go be autistic somewhere else
>>
>>126697161

*teleports behind you* Heh, don't bother begging for mercy, kid. It's all over... for you.
>>
File: 3bf9ff5e8e086d495f15c0adcddb0d3f.jpg (462KB, 786x1100px) Image search: [Google]
3bf9ff5e8e086d495f15c0adcddb0d3f.jpg
462KB, 786x1100px
>>126697365
>immortal
>defeated by flowing water
>>
File: dance-off, bro.jpg (150KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
dance-off, bro.jpg
150KB, 1080x720px
>be at war with one neighbour
>be 99% sure that your two other neighbours are just waiting at the sidelines so they can jump on the winner together

This is going to be fun.
>>
>>126697986
>Winner

You mean loser, right?

FREE land
>>
>>126698558
They wouldn't need to conspire together if they were just going to vulture the loser. I think they're preparing to attack whoever's winning and take out two birds with one stone.
>>
File: curse.png (1014B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
curse.png
1014B, 64x64px
>>126688354
Also I finished this.
>>
>>126688354
Newfag here. What is this?
>>
>>126705502
An unfinished mod.

It's going to have 4 special recruitable (cap-only) units for each MA nation, each of which uses one of the forge-able magic items.
>>
>>126706120
Not all are cap only
>>
>>126707227
In the current version of the mod or the final version?

Current version has them recruitable from the start for easier testing. Final version will be using spells which summon sites, and I think the mod author said he was going to make the capital sites required to cast those spells.
>>
>>126707451
Current
>>
>>126688529
I'll ask him, but I don't know off the top of my head.
>>
What does Area Of Effect 15
or Fear 10 (this is aoe 15 right) mean

15 units, 15 squares, 15 radius?
>>
>>126710761
15 squares, radiating from the target square in more or less random fashion.
>>
>>126637957

Oh, you responded...

Anyway its not that super pressing, Im in chat today too, come when you can.
>>
D E D
E
D
>>
>>126689880

Their mind lords survive multiple same-turn armageddons pretty well though, and most non-giant nations' mages do not.

Not that guy, but crippling the land and having your wish casters intact is pretty okay. Probably ideal, though, only if you can get up and keep up an AN and use mass wish for gems to fuel a more powerful gem economy than your neighbours, thus increasing your advantage from gold being ded.
>>
>>126716919
The main problem with armageddon is dealing with losing income, and R'lyeh has just as many issues as everyone else there. Losing troops and mages is a minor annoyance by comparison, especially since the most valuable mages and troops also tend to be more armageddon-resistant.

Additionally, while R'lyeh does have stuff which can reliably survive armageddon, it's all aquatic. Your amphibious stuff is as vulnerable as a human nation.

Using gemgens to reduce your gold reliance might work well with armageddon, but any other nation could do it (and it obviously isn't a recommended strategy for them). What makes R'lyeh special?
>>
>>126719182
They're underwater and they don't have any other way of winning most games other than spamming armageddon and hoping everyone gives up before they do.
>>
>>126719535
That doesn't make it a good strategy, just the least terrible strategy they have.
>>
>>126639250
>>126638718
>>126638673

Not >>126638595 but in the same position. What pretender is good for MA Ulm?
>>
>>126722187
Well, you have no sacreds and the scales wanted/needed are obvious. Asside from that you can go with whatever tickles your fancy
>>
File: Ulm.jpg (354KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ulm.jpg
354KB, 1920x1080px
>>126722187
I haven't played MA Ulm, but this is probably what I'd run if I did end up playing them. Someone who has actually played them will probably come along and critique it.

Order 3 and Growth 3 for gold, Drain 3 because your researchers ignore it. Production 3 because it will help with expansion for a new player, an experienced player could likely get away with less. Luck 1 because I had points left over after assigning magic paths.

4 in both earth and air gives elemental staves, +1FWAE. Also gives air boosters (which will let smiths cast air magic). E5 lets you cast earth blood deep well with +1E boots.

5N gives you access to most of the stuff in nature. You should be able to find some province which lets you recruit N1 mages, use those to sitesearch for gems for your god to use.
>>
>>126723995
Rescources produced by mages are effected by production scales.

Though I assume you more meant that at some point you don't want to be constantly building troops due to gold cost.
>>
>>126724692
Yes, the latter. Once you have a decent number of smiths and forts I think you'd be perfectly fine with P1.

I'd want to test how that expands first before I suggest it, but it does let you get a very nice A4S6D4 Allfather which would be even better than the Bridge Guardian for lategame path access.
>>
I just want to shit horrors at my enemies, not even want to win, just be THAT guy

what nations do I look into?
>>
>>126723995
would you say it's a good idea to go for heat3 or heat 2 and get more luck scales, or even attempt a dormant god ( solid SC+sitesearcher, also a walking temple, can put up globals faster such as mother oak).

i don't remember if casting fire resistence spells ( we have fire mages) would stop the encumbrance increase on our troops, but since they already have high encumbrance increasing it by a little, while our mages will ignore it, doesn't sound like the end of the world.
>>
>>126725158
abysia. they are pretty strong eary due to crazy fire everything and good troops.
fall off hard especially in EA after enemies get some magical counters up. but they can still spam horrors.
>>
>>126725158
LA Ulm, LA Abysia are the best.

>>126725251
Both are reasonable choices and have their benefits, but I don't think I'd take either.

I'd rather have maximum income and abuse Ulm's powerful troops and cheap Magma Eruption harder during midgame.
>>
File: unicorn knight.jpg (85KB, 813x588px) Image search: [Google]
unicorn knight.jpg
85KB, 813x588px
>"sacrificing" a young girl

Unicorn knights are some perverted mofos to be quite honest.
>>
>>126727402
So is every Blood mage
>>
>>126730536
>No % chance of blood magic ritual failure due to the gathered blood slaves having an orgy to prevent themselves being sacrificed.
Come on Illwinter
>>
A reply from Llamabeat about ErfSnekening 2, IT LIVES!
>>
>>126733030
Did you learn what the problem was?
>>
>>126727402
I wonder how often the young girls have to be switched out.
Are they magically enhanced so they don't end up like Mr.Hands?
How young are we talking? Are they tricked into volunteering because little girls love unicorns?
>>
>>126734953
Standard corrupted map upload problem, same as with Stalewarriors.
>>
>>126735113
That shit happens all the time.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 296x275px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 296x275px
>>126733030
>It lives
>>
File: skellingtonsconfirmedbased.jpg (59KB, 545x464px) Image search: [Google]
skellingtonsconfirmedbased.jpg
59KB, 545x464px
fuck the war in hell, but this did make my day.
>>
What does Infernal Disease actually do?
>>
File: 2015-12-28_00001.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28_00001.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
thunderspam > skellyspam
>>
File: casually playing ermor.jpg (649KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
casually playing ermor.jpg
649KB, 1920x1080px
Any tips for the casual ermor player?
>>
>>126740983
Become autistic
>>
>>126740983
>casual ermor player
Git Gud
>>
>>126724692
>>126725019

The amount of production an ulm takes is how aggressively the ulm intends to play. You will burn through even chainmail troops incredibly fast if you play aggressively. Conversely, even if you buy blackplate you'll run out of money for them fairly quickly if you are playing defensively.
>>
>>126740634
But will you actually take the fight to Sauro now, or is this only delaying the inevitable?
At least you didn't go AI like Vanheim though, or like Xibalba. You, and Caelum, and TC, sure are tenacious.
>>
>>126742113
>But will you actually take the fight to Sauro now
That's the plan. Can't very well stay in my cap forever. I'm dead either way, anyway. No point in sitting around with my thumb up my ass, waiting for the inevitable if I can cause some damage to the guy that killed me instead.

You could choose to help me with that, if you're inclined. Help yourself to some land.
>>
>>126725251

So you're spending mages and fire gems to put fire resistance on all your troops in every single battle?
>>
DOES COLD RESISTANCE STOP THE COLD BLOODED ENCUMBERANCE?
>>
>>126743637

IT DEPENDS
>>
EA China is overpowered imo.
>>
>>126743637
no
>>
>>126744039
show your work
>>
>>126740181
It sends a 'disease demon' assassin. He then tries to assassinate an enemy commander, in a manner similar to Earth Attack
>>
>>126744039
How so? Only 5 wins out of 45 games, according to the Google Doc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1KB, 159x17px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1KB, 159x17px
Does the times three get applied before or after resistances?
>>
>>126744556
Great, holy summons that require barely any paths, access to nearly all paths including death, good holy troops with two attacks, effective use for pretty much all types of gems, good regular troops for their age, etc.
>>
File: ITLIVES.png (18KB, 440x406px) Image search: [Google]
ITLIVES.png
18KB, 440x406px
>>126738558
>IT LIVES
>>
>>126744975
Their regular troops are mediocre at best in an age filled with giants, elves and other superhuman races. Their mages have great diversity but the depth of a puddle and require a lot of setup to perform well in battle. They have a lot of sacreds (units, mages, various summons), but they all require a different bless for maximal efficiency.

EA T'ien Ch'i is definitely a good nation, but calling them overpowered is a sure sign you've spent more time theorycrafting than actually playing them.
>>
>>126745484
>They all require a different bless
E9W9

Care to try again?
>>
>>126745484
EA TC is incredibly powerful PROVIDED they have a source of communion slaves, such as indie shamans or crystals so they can actually cast the big battle magic. And EA TC gets no reliable recruitable communion slaves.

They also rely on getting an E2 20% random to get into decent earth magic at all, which can take some time if you're unlucky, and are extremely cap reliant, because they can't recruit any powerful battle mages or elite troops outside their capital.

They have strengths, but also a plethora of weaknesses. That said WoTFE wreck giants pretty hard early on.
>>
>>126744556

'How' is that the complainer is a new player. It especially tickles me when they come to complain about how overpowered Abysia is. Usually, they play with a friend, and the friend is better than them and likes to play a certain nation. That nation is then 'overpowered'.
>>
>>126738558
gib map file pls

i'm traveling
>>
>>126745891

Care to take a double bless on a gold heavy nation whose mages are useless if you don't have a critical mass of research and communion slaves?

A mostly useless double bless as wot5e have no prot to buff or reinvig issues, and your mages get almost zero benefit from w9?

Care to be more obviously ignorant about the game?
>>
>>126746480
meant >>126745071
>>
>>126745891
>E9W9
Unless I'm forgetting something, TC doesn't have a good chassis for that bless. If you use an imprisoned Frost Father you're quickly looking at -3 scales just getting a bless and Dom 6.

It's great for a small map, but on bigger maps you're going to run out of steam pretty quickly as a nation that relies on fairly expensive cap-onlies with poor scales. Wot5E can carry the early game on a W9 bless alone, but after that you're going to hit a wall pretty hard.
>>
>>126742690
I'd honestly love to, but I'm a bit busy with Indies, TC, Indies, Yomi, and some Indies. WHY are there so many indies!!? I need more armies before I can get conquering in new vectors.

You could shout to the world where the Grey Tower of Nexus is, since both R'yleh and myself suspect you found it given the number of Grey Knights you've been fielding. I'm sure some would kill for that.
>>
>>126746619
https://www.dropbox.com/s/04n82r6s2ts6h4j/ErfSnekening.zip?dl=0
>>
>>126746969
How about making a balanced map for once?
>>
>>126746914
>You could shout to the world where the Grey Tower of Nexus is, since both R'yleh and myself suspect you found it given the number of Grey Knights you've been fielding.
No idea. I got those from a random event, and most of them are dead by now anyway.
>>
>>126747051
i think you're missing the point of erfsnek
>>
>>126747051
I am, it just takes longer than a jokeish map that Erfsnek is (though the non-snekmania one is fairly balanced)
>>
>>126746558
Very agreed here, TC absolutely cannot afford to take a double bless. They can get away with a Major and a Minor, but that's it.

Fortunately TC does have extremely good researchers who aren't completely useless (D1 is better than Agartha's E1 for instance), but the lack of reliable communion slaves is IMO the one thing that stops TC from being among the top tier of nations.
Masters of the Way would, imo, be soooooo much better if they were just all W1S1.
>>
R'lyeh, Ermor and Marignon, did it work?
>>
>>126747134
A fooey, was really hoping it might show up somewhere, love that thing.
>>
>>126748165
Do you mean ErfSnek? Yep, it worked.
>>
>>126747253
Eh, E1 can at least use a gem to Summon Earthpower and gain access to a whole bunch of nice stuff.
>>
>>126748375
By 'it worked' did it set your pretender as an Earth Snake named Erf Snek?
>>
>>126746116
master of the way?
>>
>>126744625
before
>>
>>126748736
Well, it sure is named Erf Snek. I forgot the actual pretender I sent, so I don't know.
>>
>>126749067
That's... hopefull?

Oh, and warning, turn 1 expansion is NOT ADVISED.
>>
>>126748736

Wait, so I could have had any pretender, with any magic, and it would have changed it into the physical form of an erf snek? Fuck. I took an actual earth snake.
>>
>>126748959
Only 1 in 4 can be used as a communion slave.

But honestly, more than the lack of communion slaves (Lizard Shamans are fairly common anyway), I think what really hurts TC is that they've only got two good mages, and both of them are cap-only and always come with a bunch of superfluous paths. They make great sitesearchers, but when it comes to casting rituals or battle magic most of them underperform for their pricetag.
>>
>>126749356

Did you actually make all the indies erf sneks, because wow, going AI turn 1.
>>
>>126749413
I could have done it that way. I did it a different way, so everyone has a balanced Erf Snek not whoever the poor bastard who took an awake dragon getting shafted by the snake of whoever went with dual-bless.

>>126749571
I plead the third.
>>
>>126748165
mari here, yes hilariously
how do i play this with friends?
just use the map?
>>
>>126749696

Well, there's my turn, i'm AI now.
>>
>>126749952
lol another autist for the autist list coming up
>>
>>126749935
Slightly more complicated, you need to know which nations in advance, and cap positions need to be generated beforehand or the gods will be overitten by indie erfsneks.

I'll post the .map file after turn 1 and >>126749952 goes AI (Serriously? I said it was going to be silly.)
>>
>>126750115

Being locked in cap until you can take out 30 earth snakes is not my cup of tea. Feel free to enjoy it as you like.
>>
>>126749952
What were you expecting? Something serious? I didn't join because I knew the idea was retarded, but if I had I wouldn't bitch out Turn 1.
>>
>>126750327
I didn't put 30 Erf Sneks in each province.

After the Mummy incident, I didn't want to overdo it.
>>
>send in stronger Erf Snek with better scales
>get weaker Erf Snek with worse scales

Thanks Obama
>>
>>126750467

There's a difference between serious and unplayable garbage. Having my god replaced with a different snek and (much worse) scales, sure, whatever. Having to play 30 turns with one province until enough power to kill 30 sneks is tedium beyond imagining.
>>
>>126751030
can you even read?
>>
File: Untitled.png (67KB, 628x116px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
67KB, 628x116px
Come to think of it, I might just AI too. This isn't the pretender I sent in at fucking all, and I really needed those paths.
>>
>>126752143
>Not knowing that it takes a little bit to get to your pretender scales
>>
File: monster_2307.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
monster_2307.png
1KB, 64x64px
>>126700637
Also, everyone's favorite miko is done!
>>
>>126752427
No, it doesn't. I just tested it.
>>
>>126752582
Does she have seduction?
>>
>>126752427
Your capital always starts with the scales you chose. It's the other provinces that take a while to adjust.
>>
>>126752427
I wasn't aware he was a disciple in a disciple game.
>>
>>126752631
>>126752946
Didn't know it was his cap, weird.
>>
i too, join games for fun but then throw tantrums on turn 1 when the fun begins
>>
>>126753106
It's turn 1, what else would it be?
>>
>>126753254
Fuck off mapmaker. Nobody likes it when you fuck with their pretenders. Play with yourself.
>>
>>126753254
To be fair, pretender design is a big part of the game and replacing everyone's pretender without telling them is a pretty dick move.

It's excusable because it's just another shitty meme game anyway, but I'd be pissed as well if someone did that to me.
>>
>>126753425
There were like a bajillion fucking hints though. Was NO ONE paying attention?

Stick your hand in fire, wtf do you expect?
>>
>>126753659
>haha i made it obvious xd
Fuck off.
>>
>>126753365
I'm sorry if it wasn't what you thought it would be, I had said the game would be full of Erf Sneks, and literally out and out said what I had done, but you may have missed that.

Also that wasn't me you were replying to.
>>126753425
That's why I got more people than the map really warranted, I'm not going to force anyone to play it.
>>126753659
I out and out said it.
>>126753748
He's still not me.
>>
>>126753919
>I-I wanted people to quit my game!
>>
>>126753659
>>126753919
Telling everyone to play an Erf Snek is one thing. Replacing their pretender with a generic one is unacceptable. I'm not in the game, but if I was I'd probably quit as well.

You knew you were going to do this, so why not tell people about it before you started the game and avoid shit like this?
>>
>>126754140
What's the last game here where at least someone hasn't gone AI/staled out within the first 20 turns?

I wanted to do something different and hopefully fun for some.
>>126754271
I did.
>>
>>126752582
Needs nature magic for Charm and seduction because she's a slut
>>
>>126754442
"Mapmaker Wed 16 Dec 2015 01:10:29 No.125504793 Report
Quoted By: >>125504915 >>125506073
>>125504364
Plan A was the map file that set all the indies to be erf sneks and all their gods into erf sneks.
Plan B was just the indies
Plan C was just the map.

None has worked, I shall sleep on it."
>>
Woah are we, for another has bought the AI bullet. Sad to see you go Berry, I can only wonder whether it was Machaka or Atlantis that nommed you.

6 down, 23 to go.
>>
Also good lord, Mictlan, Lanka, Xibalba, and now Berytos gone? Is there some kind of anti-Blood conspiracy in this game?
>>
File: waterjew.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
waterjew.png
1KB, 64x64px
>>126752582
And here's Nitori!
That's all the Mountain of Faith sprites!
>>
>>126757492
From what I can see and my scouting is pretty good, the underwater nations just vultured some of his provinces. Machaka took the lion's share. Pun intended.

>>126757701
>Mictlan was rushed to death by Xibalba
>Lanka quit for no good reason as far as I could see
>I'm not entirely sure what happened to Xibalba, but I think Machaka + TNN did it
>Berytos for killed by Machaka and at least two of the UW nations

I don't know who's playing Machaka, but he's doing great. He's one of the strongest nations in the game right now.
>>
>>126747253
>TC cannot afford to take a double bless, only a major/minor

Yes they can.

They get less gold, but there's no magical cut off where the nation suddenly turns to shit. Taking a double bless with TC is even advisable in small maps, and isn't necessarily suicide in reasonably large ones either.

Some of you people are such huge scale whores, I don't think you get that swinging every income scale from ideal to negative is only a 50% or so difference in gold. If your units are 2X as effective for a 20% change in gold, that can be worthwhile.
>>
>>126758760
Except your units won't be 2x as effective.

On small maps you don't need more than W9 to dominate most matchups with Wot5E alone, and on big maps you need that extra gold to stay relevant. W9 is great on TC sinc eit supercharges your expansion and enables you to win an early war in most matchups, but E9 is a massive waste of points for a marginal benefit.
>>
>>126759182
I'm not arguing for E9, just arguing against the proposition that TC simply can't afford a double bless. W9 is good, W9S9 can be fantastic for a rush build.

I can make a W9S9 build with Dom 8, O3S3C3G3Mis1.

A W9S4 equivalent can do O3S1G3Mis1, which gets about 10% more gold.

(Of course, I would probably do a turmoil/luck with TC doublebless since they enjoy gems so much).
>>
>>126758760
It would also help A LOT if TC got some good double bless chassis. I would totally be willing to run something like F9W9 if that was an option. As is you can pretty much only go W9S9 or W9D9 (oracle and demilich respectively), and even then you're at neutral scales. And the only reason I consider those valid is because S9 and D9 break you into some pretty awesome magic stuff later on. It does cost you something to the tune of 5-6 scales though.

A dual bless that doesn't involve W9 on EA TC is a mistake imo.
>>
>>126760132
F9W9E2 statue of war dom8 at -3 scales. Oracle is only 2 scales better than that.
>>
What nations need to be buffed the most?

Most UW nations could still use a touch up
Both ages of Man are pretty ehhh
Yomi, Shinuyama and maybe Jomon could use some tweaking
MA Abysia needs some kind of labrat, Fire magic in general could use a buff

Any others?
>>
>>126760132
>the only reason I consider those valid is because S9 and D9 break you into some pretty awesome magic stuff later on
S9 also makes your Wot5E even harder to kill since they have high defense already, so that one free hit goes a long way. D9 is the best bless for Ancestral Spirits.

I agree that W9 is the best base bless for EA TC, simply because Wot5E are one of the top sacreds in the game with that bless. They don't really need anything else. But W9 is mediocre at best on everything else they've got.
>>
>>126760812
look to the win results in the OP. Yomi is underrated. Abysia could use a labrat, but there are nations that need to be buffed more.
>>
>>126760812
EA Helheim is pretty much just a worse version of Vanheim, they need a buff and preferably something that sets them apart a bit more. EA Abysia is also the worst Abysia.

Don't know enough about MA to say for sure.

LA has Man and Pythium in need of a buff.

The monkey nations (except Lanka) feel UP in every age, they've got good mages but their troops are garbage.
>>
File: pretender.jpg (50KB, 692x272px) Image search: [Google]
pretender.jpg
50KB, 692x272px
>>126760132
>>126760613
This worked pretty well in Stalewarriors. Don't know how it would fare in a less meme-y game, though.
>>
>>126761000
In EA I'm surprised that Hinnom hasn't won any games. They don't seem bad at all on paper aside from the whole population killing. I always thought Yomi did worse that it actually appears to do since people complain about the troops and mages a lot.
>>
>>126761758
I can tell ya it isn't working well for him in All Yesterdays.
>>
>>126761810
Everything hinnom has is incredibly expensive. Your SC-quality commanders are STR and cap only. Your bloodhunters actively kill your population and cause unrest, and are expensive to boot. Your sacreds hit hard, but have protection problems and are incredibly expensive. Even your available bless chassis are expensive.
>>
Breaking a siege and attacking a province happens BEFORE storming a fortification, right?
>>
File: 1449686312877.png (743KB, 1384x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1449686312877.png
743KB, 1384x1496px
>>126762196
That's more of a personal failing, honestly. I attacked Caelum way too early which really screwed me up (and should've hit Yomi instead). I also fucked up scripting hard because I'm awful at it.

And mindblasters are scary.
>>
>>126761810
As a guy who won a game as Yomi not too long ago, they're definitely not a top-tier nation, but being underrated definitely helps. Nobody expects a throne rush from Yomi in a game with elves and birds.

Yomi is good at surprising people anyway. You can shit out so many onis per fort in just a few turns it's just funny. You can go from being virtually undefended to fielding an army of chaff demons (which have magic attacks and turn into ghosts on death). And Dai Onis make great raiders, especially if you get them some winged shoes. They can do guerilla warfare on their own and then jump in to support your main army the turn you're going into a serious battle. Their mages (especially the sorcerers) are very reliable researchers (hannya are shit IMO) and if you can forge some boosters they've got great combat paths as well.

The biggest weakness of Yomi is that most of their shit is relatively easy to counter by someone who knows what you're bringing to the battlefield, so being underrated and having the element of surprise is actually quite important to them.
>>
File: qsdqsd.png (44KB, 1037x659px) Image search: [Google]
qsdqsd.png
44KB, 1037x659px
YELLOW MOVES TROOPS FROM A TO B AND BREAKS SIEGE OF FORTRESS IN B

PINK STORMS CASTLE IN B

WHAT HAPPENS?
>>
>>126761810
They're pretty much a much worse version version of Ashdod, and Ashdod is doing surprisingly poorly.
Their sacred aren't worth it (too expensive + unrest/popkill). Standard units are pretty good (chariots and dawn guard), though.
They have absolutely no crosspaths besides their big mages. Their big mages eat stuff. Their blood economy is laughably bad. Not much to base their game on.
>>
>>126763238
>only crosspaths are on big guys
horiteshamansayswhat
>>
>>126763154
There's a fight outside the castle, with all of Yellows troops, then if Pink won that fight he will go on to storm the castle.

If Pink is smart he'll move his units off the fort and slam into Yellow's reinforcements, so he can fight two weaker armies instead of 1 big army (assuming Pink outnumbers Yellow's reinforcements of course)
>>
>>126763154
21. Friendly movement
All movement ending in a friendly pr
ovince takes place now. If you are
trying to get to a friendly province before an enemy does, you will do it if
you are not stopped by an event that
takes place in steps 1 through 11.
22. Other movement
All other movement, including Break Siege, takes place.
23. Resolve battles
All battle resolution from
movement happens here.
24. Castle storming
Castles are stormed and battles resolved
>>
>>126763389
So siege breaking and province attacking happens before fort storming, right? Thanks.
>>
>>126763574
Yes, see >>126763534.

Look up turn order in the manual for more details.
>>
>>126763154
You're Ermor, aren't you?
>>
>>126764409
????
Im playing against ai
>>
File: bad time.png (33KB, 194x248px) Image search: [Google]
bad time.png
33KB, 194x248px
>>126764409
No such luck for you, kiddo.

From where you're kneeling it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck.
Truth is...the game was rigged from the start.

You're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>126765247
Is that an attempt at... humor?
>>
>>126768757
Skeletons are desperate
>>
>>126769347
Your turn.
>>
>>126770083
Desperate.
>>
>>126760812
Mostly R'lyeh needs effective land army/commanders
>EA R'lyeh
>add ability to create Possessed Bloated Corpses that have D/W paths
>Drowned One undead priest with high leadership
>Star Pact Warlocks (W/S/B) that for magic power exchange their servitude and a bit of sanity
>MA
>still Star Pact Warlocks but slightly weaker
>Cult Leaders (str human S/B priest) that can lead troops efficiently, summon Cultists units every turn and summon temporally Void Creatures
>LA
>SPW replaced with Mad Warlock that retains high magic power but is more insane, can spend turn to create more free hybrids
>some way to summon up Void creatures through rituals on land
>>
>>126772483
This is bizarre and I have no idea why you think it's thematic.
>>
>>126772483
The correct fix to EA R'yleh is to make Aboleths FUCKING AMPHIBIOUS LIKE HOW THEY ARE IN THE SOURCE MATERIAL. Shit movement sure, but still amphibious.

Honestly, is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>126765247
You sure like to talk shit, don't you
>>
File: bob fuck you.png (357KB, 336x505px) Image search: [Google]
bob fuck you.png
357KB, 336x505px
>>126673917
There was an attempt
>>
>>126778252
>no cloak of shadows

4/20
>>
>>126776424
Does Astral Geyser just horror mark or does it kill too? The description talks about deadly residual magic.
>>
>>126778252
p. gud
>>
>>126778752
It does damage but IIRC not a lot. It's like 1+1d6 or something like that.
>>
>>126778752
Secondary effect does 2AN DRN MR-Negates in 10AOE.
>>
File: pudding.png (1KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
pudding.png
1KB, 64x64px
The other sister
>>
Kailasa, will you be needing an extension, just noticed that you have only about 15-20 minutes left?
>>
>>126710150
looks like it was sorted with a turn resend, thanks for bringing it to my attention
>>
Hey Ermor, why don't I get any threats? I've breached one of your forts too.
>>
>>126548782
I had a giggle. Should probably spread Growth too.
>>
I remember the days when B9 Ermor was mocked. Now it seems like it's the only accepted strategy. Even Desura seems to like a duelbless for MA Ermor.

What changed?
>>
>>126788072
B9 was mocked as a solobless, or used to break into blood access. It's not good enough without supporting bless (N9+D9 is popular)

>only accepted strategy

Actually, no. The primary accepted strategy is a double or triple bless selected from N9, W9, D9, and B9. N9W9D9 was the version that sparked the tribless craze The N9W9D9 makes for a super-resilient melee monster. B9 variants are less of a melee monster, but strongly discourage using massed evos to clear your chaff.
>>
>>126788072
People got gud (or at least marginally less bad)
>>
>>126772620
He might be Ohlmann. Alternatively, he might be mixing it up with the Cultist from the CoE games.
>>
Enslaved shore folk would be cool for EA R'lyeh. Like, they have coastal recruited enslaved humanoids.

Mostly they just need all the aboleths to be amphibious
>>
>>126788716
It's not Ohlmann. Ohlmann has some unusual modding ideas, but he doesn't like to add new paths to nations except in the form of one-time heroes. Also, Ohlmann already has a mod changing EA Rlyeh which makes significantly more sense than turning them into a horror + dead sailor nation.

Hint: It gives them amphibious capabilities and a few new toys.
>>
File: 1379321099651.jpg (18KB, 367x479px) Image search: [Google]
1379321099651.jpg
18KB, 367x479px
>Christmas comes
>Steam sale comes
>Lose all desire to play all games
>Don't get any games for Christmas
>End up with a big sack of Steam store credit from selling stupid trading cards
>Can't settle on buying anything
>Been like a week since I've really played any game, every day has been putting on a bath robe and staring at the internet until I fall asleep
>No Christmas presents to distract me from the endless void

/domg/, will Thea and/or CoE4 break me out of my funk? Thea looks kind of interesting but it seems like most people play it once or twice and then never return, which makes me think that the fiddly micromanagement inventory shit is worse than people say. And CoE4 sounds like it's an improvement on CoE3 but doesn't fix any of CoE3's problems which probably would also annoy the shit out of me.

Is there no escape, /domg/? Is this the end? Is it time to pack it all up and either get in to board gaming or model trains?
>>
>>126791618
CoE4 is (subjectively) pretty shit. The game is too imbalanced and slow to be fun for multiplayer, the AI is straight garbage, and there's persistent micromanagement trash throughout the game. It's got fun descriptions of units and cool little things that you can do, but overall I wouldn't call it a good game, much less one that will get you out of your funk.

Multiplayer Dominions, on the other hand, continues to be a treat. I'm having fun in every game that I'm in (even the one in which I've already lost and just live on as an observer)
>>
>>126792404
If somebody can whip up a complete list of units and rituals, game speed can easily be fixed by halving the cost of everything, and maybe doubling AP to improve travel.
>>
He's spamming giants at me. E9N9 sheshai/ahiman anakites. Small amounts of chaff. Gileadite archers and indy troops. Should i use a light of the northern star cascades spam or a level 2 communion/lighr of the northern star soul slay spam?
>>
>>126799669
SC spam if you have a way to deal sufficient damage to kill the anakites once they fall asleep. They have high MR, so soul slay relies on having a somewhat survivable front line. To hold them off until they fail their MR checks.
>>
As MA TC, which of the cap StRs do you generally make more of - Celestial Masters or Imperial Alchemists - and why?
>>
>>126801724
Imperial alchemists. They're extremely versatile if paired with a communion and are your only recruitable source of N2/E2/F2.

I usually keep a few Celestial Masters around for forging/rituals, nothing more.
>>
>>126778252
Fuck you, leatherman.
>>
File: 1430414827669.png (85KB, 385x525px) Image search: [Google]
1430414827669.png
85KB, 385x525px
I bet all you gods are cute~
>>
I had to stay late for work unexpectedly so I gave myself an extension. Just posting to let everyone know that I'm a HUGE faggot and desperately need sleep so I will do my turn 'later' (Read: after I wake up and eat something)
>>
>>126810057
Sleep well Admin.
>>
>>126760130

>turmoil/luck as EA TC, an incredibly gold hungry nation
> thinking wot5E will carry you the entire game

No amount of autism would save this build from a midgame grave.
>>
File: fightplants.jpg (89KB, 540x698px) Image search: [Google]
fightplants.jpg
89KB, 540x698px
we fight plants

many plants die

a few burnmans die

we think plants win

must save ice giants
>>
>>126811556
You do realise plant mans and ice giants are allies, right?
>>
>>126812045

PLANTS ATTACKED ICE GIANTS

PLANTS MUST DIE
>>
>>126812226
Maybe I've missed something, but as far as I have seen, plants have only fought Marignon and you. I haven't seen any battles at all between Asspoodle and Jotun, and their border hasn't changed in the last 30 turns.
>>
How difficult is it to admin a game?
>>
Hey, Castledoc admin, what the hell are you doing? Why did you roll us back 2 turns?
>>
Stale china, I'm going to take 834, 855, 864 from Pan this turn, are you okay with that?

We didn't talk about a border at all, so maybe this one is the moment to do so.
>>
>>126812428
Not at all. You prune stalers and administrate extensions, but predominantly the game runs itself.
In extreme cases, there might be turn rollbacks or searches for substitute players
>>
>>126812364
Aspho attacked one of Jotunheim's forts, but quickly backed off
>>
>>126812970
Alrighty, I might just start a new anonymous game then.
>>
>>126813191
are you that MA ermor newfriend?

I'm totally fine with a MA game
>>
>>126811443
>EA TC, an incredibly gold hungry nation
What is EA TC going to spend their gold on?

Their troops are at most decent for EA (and are completely outclassed by their summons anyway) and their out-of cap mages are terrible for anything but research.

> thinking wot5E will carry you the entire game
They can turn 5 different types of gem into sacred summons. A good bless for EA T'ien Ch'i remains strong throughout the entire game.
>>
>>126813170
Ah, must've missed that.
>>
>>126813487
No, I'm a different newfriend. Not interested in playing Ermor at all.
>>
>>126812459
seconding this.
Wtf?
>>
>>126813595
is it going to be EA, MA or LA? i have stuff i want to try in all the ages, but EA is too common here so I would prefer MA or LA
>>
>>126814118
Probably MA, 10 players, still figuring out what the throne distribution should be like.
>>
I thought this game was going to be more fun than it is. Is anyone genuinelly having fun?
>>
>>126814174
max level 3s, the rest level 2.
>>
>>126814174
i would say no level 3 thrones, they are too much of a meme
>>
>>126814378
>>126814436
8 level 1 thrones
4 level 2 thrones
3 level 3 thrones
10 points to win
>>
>>126814741
>you can win with 4 thrones in a game with 15 thrones

more like no, friend.
If you really want level 3 thrones, put 1 or 2 or set it to 12 points to win (so you need 5 thrones, a third of the total amount of thrones).
>>
What's the least balanced mod you've ever seen, /domg/?

The worst I've seen was /domg/ items mod; it was fun and it certainly made you pick items that weren't Frost Brands/Vine Shields, but that was because the new items were even better. A shield that was functionally a Vine Shield+reinvigoration, a hammer that was a frostbrand+2, and so on. I think there was even an armor that gave Damage Reversal.
>>
The UI in dominions is god awful and way too many things in the game are hardcoded.

Theres no way to mod in a way to cure permanent wounds for example. Dumb.
>>
>>126815248
>Theres no way to mod in a way to cure permanent wounds for example.
But that's wrong.
#heal for monsters that remove permanent wounds from themselves automatically
#healer for monsters that can spend a turn to remove permanent wounds from others and themselves
#autohealer for monsters that remove permanent wounds from others and themselves automatically
Any of those tags can also be applied to forgable items.
There's even a #heal that you can put on magic sites so they automatically heal units in the same province.
>>
>>126815769
Is that in a new dominions game or something? I think the last one i was played was 3 and people on the forums told me it was impossible.
>>
>>126815906
Dominions 4 has been out for a while now.
>>
>>126815906
>I think the last one i was played was 3
Congrats on waking up from your coma, but Dominions 4 has been out for two years now.
>>
>>126816041
>Dominions 4
i just looked at the official site...why does it look incredibly similar to dominions 3?
>>
>>126816138
Because it's a sequel you stupid cuckold.
>>
>>126816230
some of the graphics look exactly the same though, if you compare fallout 4 and 3, lots of things look different.
>>
New game in MA, NewYearNails
Plane of rusty nails, worthy heroes 1.23, Normal settings

If people have a problem with the thrones or whatever I'm fine with changing them later.

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NewYearNails
>>
>>126816439
Fallout 4 isn't made by two guys in their spare time.

And actually a good number of the Dom3 sprites were redrawn for Dom4. The graphics style is the same, but the overall quality definitely went up.
>>
>>126816439
Dominions 4 looks slightly better than Dominions 3, while Fallout 4 looks at least slightly worse than Fallout 3, desu senpai
>>
>>126816925
this desu senpai
>>
>>126816745
It'd be nice if they could hire a guy who's good at balancing things.
>>
Is anyone else worried that the devs will be killed in a riot or something? They live in Sweden after all.
>>
>>126818489
They probably didn't include any muslim pretenders for a reason.
>>
>>126818941
>what is the Divine Symbol
>>
Hey look, NewYearNails already has 1 staler. That didn't take long.
>>
>only copy of dominions on piratebay is v4.03
meh
>>
>>126816504
Frogs will be squatting on nails this new years.
>>
>>126816504
>Nations joined so far:
>Ulm

Ded.
>>
>>126813489

TC's summons are extremely expensive specialists. The bless you take for Wot5E helps them, but they cannot, at any point, carry the nation. Your no-mages no-blockers wot5e and cap mages (with their low paths) and whatever summons you've managed to scrape up strategy is strictly noob play (whee conj is a substitute for actual mage use!) and would get stomped in any MP game.

EA TC is a combination of elite troops with TC's normal blockers + communions lineup, where the elite troops are bridging the gap made by a lack of communion slaves and more giants/sacreds that can quickly batter their way past a tower shield. Ignore the mage use part of it and you have sacreds, both bought and summoned, that cannot carry the nation alone. Even Mict can't be carried by jags alone, and jags are far better than wot5e + summons simply by outnumbering them 5:1 while also having better stats.
>>
>>126816138

Because it's the same game (same art, engine, code, AI, ui, everything) with a few new mechanics and a few new nations. Dominions 5 will be the same everything etc. Dominions 4 shares art assets with dominions 1.

>>126816230

Get your panties in a bunch more. You like the game, we get it, now stop being a fucktard to someone asking a legitimate question.
>>
>>126816504
I intend to pave new levels of bad ideas for Ermor's everywhere.
>>
So I am full on gay for anything Celtic and I'm itching to trying out this game just to play the Marverni.

I have grasped the gameplay but I've also heard that the Marverni kind of suck and aren't very playable. Is this true?
>>
>>126821150
They're not terrible. More like a mid-tier nation IMO.

Their biggest assets are cheap astral mages and shitloads of sacred boars.
>>
>>126821150
The main thing is that their troops are pretty bad, especially in EA when there are lots of really strong sacreds and other units running around. Their mages are decent. Their sacreds are fairly poor unless you put a B9 bless on them, at which point they become hilarious.
>>
>>126821438
Still die to one wind of death.
>>
>>126812941
That's fine.

I'm not too concerned about the specifics, just whoever grabs the land first can keep it.
>>
>>126816504
>Nations joined so far:
>Ulm
>Atlantis
>Ermor
>Pelagia
OH BOY
>>
Err, Pelagia, are you sure you want to join a game which already has one UW nation in a map with 12 UW provinces?
>>
File: 1242351235632.jpg (23KB, 790x124px) Image search: [Google]
1242351235632.jpg
23KB, 790x124px
My name is not important... What is important is what I'm going to do. I just fucking hate this map and the pretender worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred... and I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill... and it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here.
>>
>>126822335

Why wouldnt it want to join, thats a free second capital for Pelagia! No uw nation can stand up against Pelagia, you should perhaps ask Atlantis instead.
>>
>>126822562
we don't even know what game you are talking about, sherlock

but it's probably stalewarriors, right?
>>
>>126822594
That's adorable. You think the little lakes have No Start on them. It would really suck for you to start there after all.
>>
>>126822663
People in that game will probably know who I am and what I'm going to do.
>>
Yup, just confirmed through testing, Atlantis and Pelagia will never start in the same waters.

Very real chance Pelagia only has 2 water provinces to work with though, 50/50 in fact.
>>
>>126822594
>>126822594
they're gonna need a second cap, with only 12 water provs. us frogs are fine with starting in a 2 prov lake, because we can go on land without a problem.

pelagia though? they're gonna have a bad time.

>>126823019
thanks for testing that. good to know I literally never have to fight pelagia unless I want to.
>>
File: 1435546388354.png (380KB, 789x900px) Image search: [Google]
1435546388354.png
380KB, 789x900px
>>126816504
Joined as C'tis
>>
>>126822594
>>126822765
Yeah, you can start in a small lake if you're an UW nation. I guess I don't have any reason to stop Pelagia from joining if they really want to, since they have amphibious units and won't neccesarily be stuck in a pond forever.
>>
Also, can I get everyone who has joined to reply to this post so that I can be reasonably sure that everyone in the game actually reads this general?
>>
>>126823543

Joined as your sweet friendly neighbourhood elf with vanheim.
>>
So on a scale of 1-10, how bad of an idea is negative 18 scales?
>>
>>126823543
frogmen at your service
>>
>>126823543
Joined as Ermor. Just a warning, I'm triggered by living things.
>>
>>126823543
Shinuyama here.
>>
>>126822335
Yeah, as >>126823019 said, no chance of being in the smae lake and I want this time to not spend the entire game in an underwater knife fight.
>>126823217
Are you NoWeebs Skeletons?
>>126823543
Boo.
>>126823893
Two words, Cleansing Water.
>>
>>126824090
no, I'm not. I can see how you would assume that, seeing as "you're gonna have a bad time" stopped being a south park reference and started being an undertale reference (and noweebs skeles spams dem memes).
>>
>>126824185
He does, all the bloody time....

So, friends under the seperate seas?
>>
>>126824341
I guess, although I'm hoping you spawn in a shitty little pond and I get the ocean. 50/50 chance that you lose the game on turn 0.
>>
>>126823543
This is an automated message, please do not reply to this post.
>>
File: My Pretender Choice.png (152KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
My Pretender Choice.png
152KB, 450x338px
Also not Noweebs Skeleton. I appreciate a more manly variety of Skeleton myself.
>>
>>126823543
Joining as Jotunheim
>>
>>126823543

Jotuns here.
>>
File: Free equiop.png (10KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
Free equiop.png
10KB, 287x287px
Why is event 1765 good?
>>
>>126827026
It's good for everyone else?
>>
>>126823543
Ashdod here
>>
>>126800445
>E9N9
I have hundreds of lobos and 50-100 meteorite guards.
>>
>>126827848
They can't kill anakites by themselves
Use stellar cascades
>>
>>126824658
Pelagia got some nice boosts on land, I wouldn't have joined if the pond wasn't alright.
>>
>>126828571
Aren't those new recruitables only on coastal land, not on inland provinces?
>>
File: 1362204161869s.jpg (2KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
1362204161869s.jpg
2KB, 125x116px
What does it take to be a professinal Dominion LIVE commentator?
>>
>>126829046
magic
>>
>>126829418
That would be a good place to start, yeah.

Then again people do watch golf so . . .
>>
>>126829501
Dominions is closer to chess than golf.
>>
>>126830161

We should get a Wrestling commentator to comment a battle

with the same intensity as in a wrestling match
>>
>>126812459
His shitty gay friend fucked up
>Staying in a game where a shitlord and his buttbuddy run the show
>>
>>126831958

Who's his friend? I'll be sure to fuck him up.
>>
>>126832216
He'll rollback and unfuck himself.
>>
What kinda pretender does MA Pythium want?
>>
>>126834392

The best

simply the best
>>
>>126834539
Better than all the rest?
>>
>>126834713

thats the one
>>
In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention,
well secluded,
I SEE ALL.

field all specific questions to me. I'm available in steam chat.
>>
So how well balanced is dominions 4? What is the latest patch/essential mods?

I just got so frustrated in doms 3 when i had the AI spamming furies to assassinate my commanders, and nothing i had could kill them.

Also the battles were really glitchy...

>set spellcasters to use a certain spell as their top priority
>they dont use it, ever
>try to get cavalry to flank
>they just charge into the enemy's frontline instead like total idiots
>>
>>126827026
Because the game is made by Swedes and size 3 black knights violating your national integrity is considered a good thing there.
>>
>>126835714
>source : I watch Fox News a lot
>>
>>126835584
The best nations are a lot stronger than the weaker nations but overall you could probably make any nation work if you were gud enough.
>>
>>126835789
Memes desu
>>
>>126823543
In as Number Ten, Pythium!
>>
>>126835438
Post a screenshot of Machaka.

People keep saying he's huge, but I'm nowhere near him.
>>
>>126835584
>balance
Not sure. Every nation has a roughly equal chance to win I guess. But some nations can get utterly rekt if they fight a nation that can counter them.
>AI
If you have trouble against the AI you might want to git gud, no offense.
>Also the battles were really glitchy...
>set spellcasters to use a certain spell as their top priority
>they dont use it, ever
There are a multitude of reasons a mage may not use a spell and without further information we can't help you.
Some reasons are:
>they do not have enough gems to cast a spell that needs gems
>they can't cast this spell and remain below 200 fatigue
>there are no friendly units within the range of the spell
>there aren't enough friendly units within the range of the spell
>there are no enemy units within the range of the spell
>there aren't enough enemy units within the range of the spell
>there aren't enough enemies on the battlefield
There are probably more reasons that I can't think of off the top of my head.

>try to get cavalry to flank
>they just charge into the enemy's frontline instead like total idiots
Setting troops to flank may, at random, send them charging into the frontline like total idiots. They may also be aiming for a unit that is from a squad in the back, but was somehow dragged to the front with the frontline. Cavalry isn't that great.
>>
How do I Nazca? Is supaya double bless meme still viable even if supaya got nerfed?
>>
File: PureValue.png (39KB, 456x76px) Image search: [Google]
PureValue.png
39KB, 456x76px
Enjoy your Mercs. Did you bid on the barbarians too?
>>
>>126823543
P-please can you set it up to 12 or more players? I wanted to play too ;_;
>>
>>126837450

Supayas werent changed at all, you just get less per mallqui but you get the boosting item for that.
>>
What happens if MA ermor is the pretender in a disciple game?
>>
>>126838765
The disciple gets fucked.
>>
>>126837131
turns out, they're full of shit.

http://imgur.com/BjtnNKb

he's pretty much dead center on the province scoregraph, too.
>>
>>126837165

It's a morale check. To bypass units when attacking rear. That may be influenced by the size of unit bypassing, or morale, or other stuff.

Same with flyers.

>>126837450

You play them as a flying skelespam nation and don't recruit the royal maliqui or take a bless. Later you use coyas and the other guys to drop buffs like flaming arrows, wind guide, fog warriors, etc to smash people.

Supayas are both a one trick pony, and super lame. If you win, it's boring and awful. If you're losing, it's boring and awful. It's about the closest thing to an exploit the game has at the moment, and using it just makes the game shit for everyone.
>>
>>126840243

Generally if people are saying 'someone is huge, we have to rush him' what that translates into is 'I want free land'. If you can't confirm it with scouts, just assume they're lying.
>>
>>126840410
when they said it about xibalba, they weren't lying, though; he took mictlan's cap turn 7 (micky was vanquished on turn 6).
>>
File: lugh.jpg (164KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
lugh.jpg
164KB, 960x720px
Reminder that Lugh is the best.
>>
I'm not autistic enough to get into this game. Is there a guide anywhere that goes over literally everything about the game? I haven't been able to find one.
>>
File: Insufficient Earthquakes.png (203KB, 507x662px) Image search: [Google]
Insufficient Earthquakes.png
203KB, 507x662px
I think that I need more earthquakes. I was unable to blow up enough chaff to cause an HP rout as intended.
>>
Actually, looking at the unit composition, it looks like the problem was that the sacred:chaff ratio was high enough that I wasn't going to be able to cause a rout after all. Lictors have a lot more HP than the freespawn.
>>
>>126842143
The manual
>>
>>126842229
Oh, and just for the bounty - there were 4 soulless in 111 and only PD on the fort when I first sieged it.
>>
>>126842143
I mostly just try to piece things together from reading /domg/ and getting my shit kicked in.
>>
>>126837816
Might change it to eleven players since I didn't actually think people would pick UW nations.
>>
>>126843297
Also, making sure that everyone is fine with the victory conditions, It's currently at 12 points for a victory , 8 level 1 thrones, 4 level 2 thrones, 3 level 3 thrones.
>>
Sorry about the stale, thought I sent my turn in.
>>
>>126834539
Does Pythium really need Erf Snek?
>>
>>126842856
Isn't it vastly outdated?
>>
>>126843896

They're pythium, they should get all the sneks.
>>
>>126840994
Tell me more about Lugh, /domg/
>>
>>126837816
Opened up one more slot. Get in quick.
>>
>>126843710
It's okay, I don't mind much.
>>
>>126844012

It's a pile of shit.

Read the basic magic guides on desura, although not the shit one, read the guide to blood magic, read nation guides, play a bit of sp then jump into mp. There's a few good dom3 lps and the game is effectively the same, and maerlande made a few videos about the basics as well. You can avoid a lot of the autism by just playing and not obsessing about winning and doing unnecessary micro. Binding scripts to a # by hovering mouse over the mage script, ctrl+1 or whatever, then hover mouse over other guy, press 1, script goes onto him too, saves heaps of time. I do 5 minute turns, and win games. The autism is strictly optional.
>>
File: 612.jpg (330KB, 896x716px) Image search: [Google]
612.jpg
330KB, 896x716px
>>126842143
Read Dom 3 LPs to get started
Or just ask questions here.
People on /domg/ may not be the best, but aren't terrible.
>>
>>126844012
But it answers most of the questions you have that don't get answered by just playing and failing.
>>
>>126844645
I'm just asking, not the same Anon.
Through given I'm abysmally bad, maybe I should read it.
>>
>>126812459
You better have a good reason for this, or I swear to fuck I'm going AI.
>>
File: tarkus.jpg (58KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tarkus.jpg
58KB, 500x374px
>mfw someone talks shit about Ulm
>mfw they're jelly of the fact we're so good we don't even have to play to win
>>
>>126845163

Imagine me finding out I had to remicro all my freespawn for two turns again. Fucking admin better fucking answer for this bullshit. He isn't even in the game anymore, went AI and he's still fucking with the game. He's done this once before by the way.
>>
>>126845815
What that faggot's name so I can be sure to never play a game he hosts?
>>
>>126845168
Ulmites have worse stats than monkeys. What's your excuse?
>>
>>126846236

ulmites also reliably kill monkeys in melee, and cost 2.5x less to train

>ubermensch
>>
>>126846467
You know who else talked about ubermensch?
NAZIS.
>>
File: Ulm did nothing wrong.jpg (51KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ulm did nothing wrong.jpg
51KB, 640x360px
>>126848450
>Ulm
>nazis

Nah, couldn't be.
>>
>>126815109
Iceland's magic mod. 1/8 false horrors turn out to be real, also fireball is aoe 3+

>>126819598
It's on sale. Buy it.

>>126821150
Marveni is fine. People used to think they were crap, and then it turned out that a bunch of cheap dudes can still win games.

>>126812459
Is Castledoc being run by this guy:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2723&st=60
?
Because he did a doublerollback there too, and then threw a fit when somebody asked why.
>>
File: owari no seraph32.png (1MB, 1203x956px) Image search: [Google]
owari no seraph32.png
1MB, 1203x956px
Why is there no loli nation in this game. I want to play a loli vampire.
>>
>>126848779
It isn't him, AN_ is a complete newbie and Castle-Doc has being going from before he started his triplicate games on Dom4mods.
>>
>>126849639
Just play Yomi and summon dozens of Kitsune.
>>
>>126792404
Man I just picked up dominions and now no new games are starting up it seems
>>
>>126813191
please do Im desperate for a new game
>>
>>126812459
Seriously, what the fuck? You better not be tryin' to steal my artifacts. I need those.
>>
>>126850950
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NewYearNails
Not a newbie game
>>
>>126850950
Just wait a while, they turn up eventually.

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NewYearNails There was a guy wanting to go in, there's one space left
>>
>>126850950
NewYearNails just started. I'll be setting up another game after new years, on one of the neat looking maps I found (going to run test games FIRST, to make sure they work, ofc).
>>
File: 1450453909262.jpg (184KB, 701x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450453909262.jpg
184KB, 701x1000px
The build given in the tutorial ends up with -8 points.

Was there a balance change or something?
>>
>>126851504
Yes.
>>
>>126851582
What should I do then?
>>
>>126851781
One less dominion? It's less dangerous to have low levels of dominion now.
>>
>>126851781
A different build.
>>
>>126851887
Thanks
>>126851921
Thanks(sarcastic)
>>
>>126852117
No problem, it's a pleasure. (lie)
>>
>>126816504
Fuck it filled up before I could
>>
>>126852225
This wasn't me.

>>126852117
Why sarcastic? I gave you the same advice that >>126851887 did, just a little less specific.
>>
File: 1446293454194.gif (126KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
1446293454194.gif
126KB, 300x273px
Okay, If Nazca can reply to this post we can get started.
>>
>>126851159
Tried and it closed
>>
>>126852502
Woah, you sure convinced everyone. (sarcasm)
>>
>>126852846
This wasn't me, m8(Speech 50/35)
>>
File: Untitled.png (525KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
525KB, 800x797px
>>
File: 1437055089404.png (2MB, 819x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1437055089404.png
2MB, 819x1062px
>>126852117
>>126852846
X [HATE SARCASM]
>>
>>126852846
He told you to do a specific different thing, I said that any different thing would do. Both would work. There's no need to be so prissy.
>>
>>126850832
what about making a loli pretender
>>
>>126853108
[Speech 15/90] I am not the Anon you were talking to.
[Firearms 0/90] You want a piece of me, boy?
[Melee 100/90] Come at me fag, I'll fuck you up, I'm fucking jacked.
>>
If Nazca doesn't reply within an hour or so I'll kick him and let someone else get in.
>>
File: 10e9e3668c72fc265c60812d1c64a5d5.png (355KB, 814x1244px) Image search: [Google]
10e9e3668c72fc265c60812d1c64a5d5.png
355KB, 814x1244px
Major battles won by Ermor: 3
Castles lost by Ermor: 0
Lictors lost by Ermor: 10
>>
>>126853235
Just cast rejuvenate multiple times with Vamp Queen
Enjoy your Remilia
>>
>>126854257
That's a bit unreasonable. It's been six hours since you made that post. Give him some time. Badmining before the game starts is a bad sign.
>>
>>126853235
The Blood Fountain is a loli pretender fluff-wise.
>>
>>126854393
>I'm totally winning guys
>Didn't just lose 52 tri-bless sacreds in a battle
>Didn't just lose about 1/4 of all remaining skeletons
>I win all my major battles because under the sea didn't count whilst Abysia's misorder totally means I pwned him
>>
>be EA Ulm
>fighting Vanheim
>losing
>regroup for one final climactic battle, last chance to turn the tide
>battle opens, maws of the earth and magma eruption kick vanheim ass
>enemy army wiped out
>shield and steel maidens surround enemy god
>he cast liquid body, has regen, and an awesome shield
>cant out DPS his regen
>get "Vanheim's armies have routed" message
>battle won't end cause the god is totally surrounded and cant move
>faggot earth mages keep casting earth meld, preventing most of my guys from attacking
>spend easily 50 turns just watching my guys fail to kill this Ormr
>eventually my guys rout for no reason
>they all retreated into enemy territory and died
I lost 19 commanders, 12 of which were my best mages; the only ones who could cast magma eruption and maws. Also lost ~200 troops.
>>
>>126855905
Let that be a lesson to you. Don't blob until your retreats get cut off.
>>
>>126855905
And that's why you always bring a frozen heart/soul slay/banefire caster.
>>
File: Untitled.png (328KB, 450x753px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
328KB, 450x753px
>>126855896
>We're totally winning guys
>Look at all these forts we've ta....
>Look at all these forts we're sie....
>Look at all these battles we've wo.....
>YOU LOST A SINGLE UNDERWATER PROVINCE
>WHEN YOU WIN IT DOESN'T COUNT
>>
File: 2015-12-29_00003 - Copy.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29_00003 - Copy.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>126856913
Just like LoL.
>all achievements go unnoticed
>any mistake is remembered until the end of times
>>
>>126852553
hey man what's up
>>
File: 1436298254130.jpg (41KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1436298254130.jpg
41KB, 450x450px
Have you spoken to your inner Skelton today

it will be good for your mental health
>>
>>126856913
>Provinces 71, 74 and 89 don't exist.
>>126857260
He's getting slowly beaten and boasting about how he's winning, even though the battle reports have been posted in the thread >>126842229
>>
>>126855730
thats a fountain though
>>
>>126858454
The butchered loli at its side is not a fountain.
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 228x39px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 228x39px
>>126858343
Do you have brain issues?
>>
>>126857642
Just making sure you're in the thread since this is the place you'll ask for extensions if you want em.
Okay, we're off.
>>
>>126858567
its part of the fountain
>>
>>126858705
OH HELL NO SON WE ARE ON NOT OFF

TIME FOR SOME DANK FUCKING MAYMAYS
>>
File: 2015-12-30_00002.jpg (250KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30_00002.jpg
250KB, 1920x1200px
NewYearNails pretenders
>>
>>126859120
P
A
N

W
A
S

R I G H T
>>
>>126859324
Look man, I got the utterdark if Jotunheim's got the Illwinter and Astral Corruption.

Maybe ask Pelagia to wish for the end of the world a few times for good measures.
>>
>>126859120
>How do you even play this nation
1,5:1 that this one dies first.
>>
is pan was right a dank new meme

we need pan was right images
>>
File: New canvas.png (232KB, 1082x623px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.png
232KB, 1082x623px
>>126860520
Here.
>>
>>126840243
If Machaka is middle of the Province graphs, whose topping them?
>>
File: 864894541.png (2MB, 1654x724px) Image search: [Google]
864894541.png
2MB, 1654x724px
>>126860520
>>
What music do you listen to when playing Dom4?
>>
>>126861323
10cc
>>
>>126846467
>wearing heavy armor turns you into a prime specimen of the human race
Then why don't Myrmidons turn into Triarius? For that matter, why isn't Ulm known as Little Ermor?
>>
>>126862148
Real superior human fight with their fucking bare hands.
>>
>>126863634
The only "real superior humans" are mages, then.
>>
>>126864046
I said with their bare hands.
And they don't use armour, because if you're a superior human, you won't need an armour, because you won't get hit.
>>
>>126864145
>no weapons
>no armor
So Theurg Communicants then. Who are from Pythium. Which is an Ermor-wannabee. I thought you were just a dumb Ulmite but it seems that seems that you can acknowledge the superiority of Ermor.
>>
>>126864972
Where did I say I liked Ermor?
I'm a Machaka/T'ien Ch'i fag.
>>
>>126865116
Machaka I can respect, but T'ien Ch'i is composed of nerds who can't beat fragile birdmen in a war even with the full support of the celestial bureaucracy.
They deserve nothing but a kick in the teeth and an open flat spot so the carrion-birds can pick their bones clean.
>>
>>126866850
Yeah, but they allow me to let my weeabooish run free.
>>
>>126866998
>China
>Weeaboo
???????????
>>
>>126866998
I hate to say it, but chinese cartoons aren't actually from china.
>>
Is it even possible to be objective in Dominions?
That is, can you say things like "Acid Rain is better than Fireball" without anyone popping up to say "well it depends on X"?
>>
>>126866850
Caelum? Caelum is that you? WHY DO YOU NEVER WRITE TO ME. Am I not good enough for you?

*cries*
>>
File: Hong.Meiling.full.982363.jpg (597KB, 1206x1320px) Image search: [Google]
Hong.Meiling.full.982363.jpg
597KB, 1206x1320px
>>126866850
Please don't bully China.
>>
>>126866850
T'ien Ch'i is composed of nerds who can't beat fragile birdmen in a war even with the full support of the celestial bureaucracy

Is this canon?
>>
We have hit bump limit and are on page 10
>>
>>126867309
Revelers are objectively the best infantry you can get for the price and that's a fucking fact
>>
>>126868310
Revelers are pretty great, but what really makes them shine is the fact that they take buffs well given their attack density and higher HP and that they are in a nation that excels in buffing up units. If you put them in, idk, EA Ermor or or Arco they'd still be good but they wouldn't be nearly as awesome.
>>
File: unwinged.png (23KB, 269x503px) Image search: [Google]
unwinged.png
23KB, 269x503px
>>126867361
wat
literally who are you
>>126868008
>>Is this canon?
yes
first red line marks where TC is mentioned
second marks where they are canonically rekt by birds
>>
>>126868598
There's more to it than just that
>stealthy
>Recuperation
>berserk +3
>better than average stats across the board, even their protection is good for their resource cost
>forest survival
>>>>>>>MM3
They're ridiculously good.
>>
>>126868993
That's not so much "getting rekt by birds" as "Birds narrowly avoid being rekt"
>>
>>126867181
Weeaboo is everything Asian.
And Battle Realms isn't asian enough for me.
>>
What's a better spell to spam against Horde of Skeletons, Blade Wind or Gifts from Heaven?
>>
>>126868993
didn't know that was canon. Just lines up to how the Caelum vs TC fight went down in AY.
>>
>>126871252
Gifts from heaven nukes three spaces and nothing else.
Blade wind acts as a battery of archers, making 40 14-slash shots.
They're vastly different beasts.
>>
>>126871894
I see, thanks.
>>
So spells are kinda balanced but items are still shit, huh?
>>
New thread.
>>126872330
>>
>>126872308
Half the items aren't worth making.
>>
>>126872308
>>126872494
Neither are half the spells.
>>
>>126872573
Eh, there's not THAT many useless spells.
Pretty much every melee item that doesn't have an AoE or boost magic isn't worth it's weight in gems.
Thread posts: 774
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.