[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/JRPGG/ JRPG General: Kwanzaa Eve Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

Welcome to JRPG General.

Personal suggestion list, use this to see what JRPGs interest you, or add/edit a write up to help other people.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AiGmz8hhX0GHdFA5QmlPbVM0TWx1SHYydHB4YWxTY3c

"Current" FAQ. Generally the simplest questions have answers in here, so check it out.
http://pastebin.com/TpptMfNa

The above information is a bit out of date, so if you'd like to help update it that'd be great.

What are you currently playing?
What are you looking forward to having come out?
Are you enjoying your holiday?
Kirby JRPG: Yes or no?

JRPGs that have christmas characters/themes:
Kingdom Hearts II
Resonance of Fate (costumes)
At least some of the Tales games

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, help add to the list to get into the spirit of things.

Be safe and enjoy yourselves guys.
>>
As always, to help start the conversation along:

Playing: Nothing at the moment, will be glad to try Xenoblade soon with some of you guys if you're interested.
Interested in: Youkai Watch, Xenoblade, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, a full translation for Square's Tom Sawyer JRPG
Holiday fun: Sure, once I can get into it.
Kirby JRPG: Absolutely, why doesn't this exist beyond a mini game.

Any suggestions for JRPGs beyond the usual, guys? I found (not near any stores or houses so I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted) a brand new in box with everything PS4 bundle by the road so I would be glad to add that to the list but need to know what to look for.
>>
oh shit save
>>
>>126489703
Playing Xillia 2 right now, also downloaded Evenicle, thank god I'm not an EOP
>>
Are we alive again?
>>
Why the hell dont they flesh out the hercules world from kingdom hearts re:coded into a full turn based kh game? I'd accept 1 more spin off if it was in that style
>>
Playing zestiria now. What the fuck is this power, technique and speed shit for getting new artes?
>>
merikuri anons <3

>currently playing
nothing right now because i bought bravely default off the eshop and it's gonna take three hours to download

>interested in
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV: FINAL

>kirby jrpg
what the fuck
i'm intrigued
>>
>>126494604
i barely remember much of re:coded because i remember being so fucking bored and pissed off that i spent 40 dollars on a shit game

i sitll play it
>>
>>126495871
Every world had a different them of gameplay
Hercules was a turn based nattle system with press A to combo attacks like the mario and luigi rpgs.
It was the best part of. the game outside the virus sora fight near the end
>>
i started playing the first final fantasy on PSP and holy shit it's a slog
>>
>>126494472
We were always alive in your heart anon.

>>126495750
I just pose random ones sometimes in the OP although as I said one does technically exist
>>
PLEASE LIVE

we need fifteen fucking pages again
>>
>>126497109
Just in general, or did they add some modifications to the PSP version that bog it down?

>>126499659
It'll be fine, if it goes down we'll remake it until there's organic interest in it.

>>126496204
This sounds like I need to hurry up with the rest of the series if I'll get this gameplay.
>>
>>126499869
no, the PSP version is pretty smooth
it's basically Dawn of Souls with times two resolution

it's just boring and slow and i don't know where to go and there's a lot of grinding
>>
every major jrpg franchise splits off into its own general. These threads are doomed to die.
>>
i have an intense love-hate relationship with liam o'brien

he's so good but there are games where he's half the voice cast and it's just incredibly jarring
>>
>>126500609
Those generals are just circlejerks and fag shit, this is where the actual discussion happens.
>>
File: shitposts.jpg (327KB, 1867x584px) Image search: [Google]
shitposts.jpg
327KB, 1867x584px
>>126503531
Yeah, sure it
>>
File: Scan0024B.jpg (852KB, 1929x1161px) Image search: [Google]
Scan0024B.jpg
852KB, 1929x1161px
>>126492303
>Evenicle

Second best ever Alicesoft JRPG in my opinion.

Was great fun and pretty easy to read.
>>
Are JRPGs for PC still a rarity or are game devs coming to their senses and producing their games for consoles and PC both nowadays?

I just want to play a game with a decent story, pretty places, and lots of waifus.
>>
>>126505236
Play Evenicle
>>
MOTHERFUCKER
I'm playing tales of xillia 2 and I got to Rideaux boss in the ship, this nigger just keeps destroying me
What do? Did I lose my hand at tales of or is lvl 42 not enough to beat him?
>>
>>126505236
No.
PC ucks are now getting a few scrap ports 10 years after release but they will never get actual JRPGs.
>>
>>126505043
>Evenicle
i googled it
it sounds like titty bullshit

i want to like jrpgs because numbers and classes make my scratch my autistic itch but as a gay man all this titty shit just bores the shit out of me and so many games put it at the forefront like they expect their games to do well because it has titties in it

and i guess it works
>>
>>126505841
>Ultima was for PC, and Final Fantasy was so heavily influenced by that series that there's still a move called Ultima
>Etrian Odyssey is inspired by Wizardry
>also for the PC
>JRPG makers think they're too good for PC
>>
airy's all
>"You've got a strong sense of duty, like no matter whatever you start, you'll always see through, no matter what!"

and that is just the biggest bunch of lies i have ever heard in my life

>>126506040
nigga ultima was good but that shit was thirty years ago
>>
Im thinking of playing the shining series on genesis
Anyone have any advice going into it?
>>
>>126505043
What's the best Alicesoft JRPG in your opinion?
>>
>>126507943
Rance VI
>>
>>126505551
I grinded a bit and managed to beat him.
Now I have to make 200000 gald to proceed in the (terrible) story.
Fuck this shitty game, I liked the first Xillia way better.
>>
What should I play on the DS?
>>
>>126509640
radiant historia
>>
>>126500372
after you finish the first bunch of fetch/trading quests it gets a lot more straightforward on where you gotta go
>>
>>126509640
Contact?
>>126500609
There's no reason why you can't have both. It looks like a bunch of them end up talking about fanwork/thoughts/etc. which is fine, while gameplay/progression of the plot/etc. tends to happen more in these threads. Also, this is a perfect place to talk about games that don't have a franchise.

>>126504024
Maybe that was just a bad year/bad period of time? I haven't seen posts like that since recreating the threads. Only either you or a few anons if it's more than one person posting a picture of that image. And if someone decided they wanted to try and derail things then, well, then I'm sorry for them. Now at least things seem to be on track, which is great!

>>126506009
Male version for you when?

Wait another year and then you can play disgaea 1 again.
>>
>>126506234
You can't spell "flying" without "lying".
>>
save
>>
>>126489601
>What are you currently playing?
Fallout 4 NepNep Re;Birth 1.
>What are you looking forward to having come out?
Cyber Sleuth.
>Are you enjoying your holiday?
Yesterday was tiring, cooked Christmas dinner for 31 people, a few things didn't turn out great. Glad to have boxing day off before going back to work tomorrow.
>>
>>126533515
You don't have to spoiler that, I don't think anyone will really get mad or call sacrilege. I won't at least. Which one are you enjoying more?
>>
>>126534048
About equal. I alternate because I often find myself burning out on a game if I play it too much in a row, and then stop playing it for a while. I need the break so I can actually start beating games.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.