[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spess Men, Spaceman on a Spess Station /ss13g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 837
Thread images: 135

File: 62 TC.png (20KB, 903x339px) Image search: [Google]
62 TC.png
20KB, 903x339px
Gee tator, why does pomf give you that many metabuddies edition
>RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
>People ignoring symptoms lead to Donk Crypt XI turning into a space hulk via arachnogenesis
>Plebs still can't spaceacillin to halt symptoms & Progression then 25 arith, 90dex+, 90Tricord, 5 radium, inj an O- body with antibodies, put cure blood in cryo then go syringing crew to cure everyone forever
>Blood spatters are responsible for 67% of features according to profiler. spray blood to remove kebab today
>u dun it nao dylan potter

>What is Space Station 13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
http://pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
http://byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main /vg/station server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://ss13.undo.it:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.nexisonline.net:1336

>Public server list
http://byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
http://ss13.pomf.se/forum/
http://ss13.pomf.se/index.php/bans
http://ss13.undo.it/logs/

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
http://ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
http://ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

OP Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/wa9fnYbg
>>
Reminder that explosive grenades, while not the most effective, are the most fun way to blow things up.
>>
>>124798290
>>Blood spatters are responsible for 67% of features
Jesus Christ how
>>
>Clown tries to start a penis inspection day
>Later see him dead on the medbay desk, with a panda running down the corridor

The hell was that about?
>>
>>124798529
They're like little melee range towers in a station based tower defense game. They're checking for people to infect and updating with fibers, prints, dna
>>
>>124798652
>they didn't have a Penis Inspection Panda (PIP) at their school
fucking third worlder
>>
>>124798652
His randiness sprouted a sexual harassment panda out of his prostate
>>
>>124798360
>You kill a man
>Witness tells police you killed a man
>Police arrest you and say you have to give your side of the story or you're staying arrested forever
>WHY DID YOU ARREST ME COME ON I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT AM I RIGHT?
>>
>>124798529
Janitor suddenly became one of the most important jobs
>>
>>124799013
>suddenly
The shitty oldcode that causes this is as ancient as viruses
>>
>>124799013
>>124799143
Behead all who cause blood splatters
>>
>>124799338
You clown!

That will just cause more blood spatters!
>>
Is it just me or are the upgraded security cameras bugged and completely useless?

Only shows an empty screen with star background, same with the crew monitor.
>>
>>124799438
They worked yesterday, You can't have a PDA, another crew monitor/adv sec cameras or anything else that updates itself open at the same time. and occasionally your nanoui will sperg out. Close the console, use the resend-resources verb ONCE and wait at least 5 minutes. If it still isn't, build a new one in a different area. If still no, relog. If still no, ask the admins and crew if it's working for them. If all say no, make a bug report that it broke yet again.
>>
>>124798753
Go on and try this without providing evidence.
>>
>>124799647
He did provide evidence though
>>
>>124799548
>If all say no, make a bug report that it broke yet again.
>all that previous shit means it's working fine
byond!
>>
>>124799665
Show me in the logs where it says AI caused damage to humans, or turrets caused damage to humans. Or even taking suffocation damage in the core. Anything really.
>>
>>124799647
Shocking doors, setting turrets to lethal with a human in there, and trying to siphon rooms is a ding dong

>>124799760
There's there's a bug, and there's shitty nanoui we repeatedly told them to stop using is acting up just for you
>>
>That fucking clown that's a crack shot with the laser tag gun

Fucking casual, I bet you play CoD.

Sorry I had to jet on you. I just now got a call from work. I have to run a few errands.
>>
>>124799848
I'm not the guy making the ban request, so I'll let him do that. I'm not doing his job for him. But we have proof that he turned his turrets on lethal AND witness testimony in deadchat, and pulling a gun + witness testimony is sure as fuck enough evidence to get the cops to put cuffs on a guy until he gives his side of the story.

Whine more
>>
>>124799848
[19:27:23]SAY: Yred/(Zachariah Mildred) (@112,127,1) Ghost: AI turned on syphons on someone earlier, molly
[19:27:25]SAY: BambooTank/(Mike Hawk) (@117,127,1) Ghost: because it was trying to kill him i guess

Ban He
a
n

H
e
>>
File: 1445224734521.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445224734521.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>124798290
>tfw the era of heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins.heard by 0 non-AFK admins. heard by 0 non-AFK admins. is upon us
Where were you when the only law was what you doled out with a circular saw?
>>
File: Jack.png (149KB, 584x626px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.png
149KB, 584x626px
>>124778032
>>
File: 1424544428890.jpg (64KB, 510x384px) Image search: [Google]
1424544428890.jpg
64KB, 510x384px
>>124778032
>>
>>124799897
Well, the atmospherics monitor works for me, but the crew monitor or security cameras almost never do.
>>
>>124800016
>>124800085
>still no logs of AI actually harming humans
Not that I expected anything.

How about you call me sarca, that will cheer you up.
>>
>>124800672
Cancel camera view verb help any?
Are you certain your pda is closed?
Did relogging help?
>>
>>124800797
It's okay spitroasted franks, if you didn't evade a couple day ban everything would have been fine.
>>
>>124800485
Is you know who back?
>>
>>124801170
Nay
>>
File: not rin.png (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
not rin.png
9KB, 500x500px
>>124800485
;_;7

>>124778032
>>
>>124800797
How about the player themself?

>[19:16:04]SAY: B.E.N.G.A.R.R.I.S.O.N/Zimflim (@113,128,1) As Sol Common : SIPHONING AIR IN UPLOAD TO PRESERVE SYSTEM INTEGRITY
>[19:16:14]ADMIN: HELP: Yred/(Zachariah Mildred): why is the AI syphoning its core - heard by 0 non-AFK admins.
>[19:16:18]ADMIN: HELP: Yred/(Zachariah Mildred): with a human in it - heard by 0 non-AFK admins.
>[21:00:52]ADMIN: PM: DrCelt/(Alex Jacques)->Zimflim/(C.I.A): http://ss13.pomf.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&p=8206#p8206
>[21:01:04]ADMIN: PM: Zimflim/(C.I.A)->DrCelt/(Alex Jacques): I already saw that.
>[21:01:36]ADMIN: PM: Zimflim/(C.I.A)->DrCelt/(Alex Jacques): Its up to you what to do because I did make a mistake on siphoning the air.
>>
File: kaputt.jpg (74KB, 909x810px) Image search: [Google]
kaputt.jpg
74KB, 909x810px
>>124800812
Yes.
Always looks like this no matter what
>>
>>124803095
dont you have work

deadpoo a qt tho
>>
>>124804382
Not for a few hours senpai
>>
File: 1423359973580.png (94KB, 540x541px) Image search: [Google]
1423359973580.png
94KB, 540x541px
>>124804382
>>
Slime people when
>>
>>124805090
how new?
>>
>>124805119
More like too old, played ages again when it was people like Apeh in charge. Recently returned.
>>
>>124805159
You can become slime man if you do xenobio
>>
>>124805237
>Xenobio
Is it any good at all? Haven't touched it yet.
>>
>>124805257
Good for antags, gold slime grenades will fuck up a crew.

In charge of borers and adamantine golems, which are a good way to get players into the shift, but if it's not extended you'll rarely remain undisturbed long enough to farm either, and if it IS extended you'll have no ghosts for either.

Sepia camera is a gimmick item that lets you take pictures of ghosts, but sepia slimes are a huge pain to get and there's no need to ever make a second. Chaplain might ask you for one.

Everything else produced by slimes is better produced elsewhere with the possible exception of metal from metallic slimes, which are pretty handy because they are super easy to get (but they are also obsoleted by a decent miner)
>>
>>124805410
Sounds pretty cool actually. Also noticed there's the Mechanic now, how long ago was that put into the game? Last I remember, that was the Custodial Closet. From what I can tell, Mechanic is just another way for shitters to get their hands on ChemMasters, Autolathes etc.

Besides, R&D can supply pretty much every machine in existence.
>>
>>124805515
>Shitters
Why didn't you stay gone?
>>
>>124805570
Triggered much? People use the word "shitter" in just about every video game discussion thread in existence.
>>
>>124805515
Mechanic does all the gimmick science/engineering jobs. He's responsible for
>Upgrading machines
>Provisioning the engineering team (filling soldering irons, printing circuit boards, making RCDs, etc.)
>Telecoms repair
>Spacepod fabrication
>General engineering duties in the absence of a more dedicated engineer

In practice there are some good mechanics and some bad mechanics. Though to be honest I haven't seen many mechanics at all lately.
>>
>>124805410
Even in mid-lowpop there are at least 3 ghosts at roundstart. For extended there's always a good amount of ghosts.
>>
>>124805728
>Upgrading machines
So basically taking a job from R&D.
>Provisioning the engineering team (filling soldering irons, printing circuit boards, making RCDs, etc.)
So.. R&D.
>Telecoms repair
Okay.
>Spacepod fabrication
Still don't understand their purpose.
>General engineering duties in the absence of a more dedicated engineer
So basically Engineer, but not Engineer.
>>
File: Probing free zone.png (495KB, 915x990px) Image search: [Google]
Probing free zone.png
495KB, 915x990px
>>124805410

>>124805632
Not that at all. Your attitude towards other crew is atrocious. If you aren't attacking people for no reason there's no problem and it makes things a lot less painful for multiple jobs to stay topped off on meds and chems they use in their job as well as pitch in during epidemics and when shit has gone to hell.. Especially in botany2 and the soon to be added botany3
>>
>>124805856
What the fuck are you whining at me about? If scientists actually played science to provision people we wouldn't have mechanics right now. No one plays science to be high tech cargo and sit next to the protolathe all shift. No one does. You can say that's their job but they don't do it.

They go do xenobio, or xenobotany, or telescience, or xenoarch, or bomb research. And they don't answer the bell ever. That's why we have mechanics.
>>
>>124805856
Exactly, it has no reason to exist over just putting the fabs in rnd and maybe adding a snowflake title if it makes people feel better but when did that ever stop people.
>>
>>124805876
The fuck are you even talking about? Clearly I stepped on your toes and you just went off the rails talking about shit not even related to me. A person isn't a shitter in my eyes by default, they have to earn that.
>>
>>124805987
It's the reverse, R&D has no business being in science. A mechanic sits in his workshop and provides for people all shift, a scientist never sits in R&D except when he needs something for whatever sub-job he's working on.
>>
>>124805970
>What the fuck are you whining at me about?
Take your chill pill Anon, it was merely a response, how you went from a regular response to whining is beyond me.

Just saying, Mechanic brings nothing new to the table other than pre-assembled packages machines.
>>
File: 1311728912781.png (18KB, 243x260px) Image search: [Google]
1311728912781.png
18KB, 243x260px
>>124806000
>>
>>124805970
>They go do xenobio, or xenobotany, or telescience, or xenoarch, or bomb research. And they don't answer the bell ever. That's why we have mechanics.

Same shit can be said about every role

>Let's make a class that looks like Engineer but isn't because people don't do their job as Engineer

What's next

>Let's make a job that is [Insert job here] but not [job] because people are too lazy to do their jobs
>>
>>124806191
You missed your chance to make this argument eight months ago. It's a little late. Especially to be saying stuff like "what's next" because we know what happened next, it has been more than half a year mate. It's literally the stupidest thing to end a sentence on.
>>
>>124806303
I'm not making an argument I'm just stating my opinion. Sounds a bit silly to me but whatever floats your boat these days.

"People don't want to do X so let's make job Y that is similar to job X but doesn't have as much shit to do in general so they might end up doing job X's job.. hopefully."
>>
>>124805970
>>124806303
The problem is with people tossing the hot potato on anyone with the scientist title when you're essentially bitching about why isn't the geneticist doing virology. Zero rnd staff and research would be a billion times more common if nearly everyone in sci didn't need or want something from it at some point. So of course they're not sitting there waiting for shit to be asked cause they're already doing another job. Having mechanics doesn't change this, just nobody is salty because when they see there's no mechanics then there's no mechanics and that's that. No butthurt. No waah rnd never does their job cause get this, there's no mechanics for you to cry about and guess what, none of those "scientists" picked researcher either. Instead there's an absurd double standard over it. And on the other side of the coin, so many of you buy into the rnd/sci is shit meme that you don't pda and talk to people in sci to request shit. So of course the people just doing enough research for mediborg upgrades and super cells or better stock parts for a heater isn't gonna bring your locker of medshit. Because that's that much longer they aren't working on what they joined to do so of fucking course you didn't get stuff. Because they were busy, you didn't talk to them because you were butthurt over past rounds with bad sci and are butthurt now instead of talking with sci like a rational person. So many times I've seen people bitching about how they didn't get something and they never talked to me.

What we needed was an alt title for telesci, research, misc research and then get make you set the alt-title when you up the priority off never and put the flatpack and gen fab shit in rnd. It was everything it needed without making a duplicate job and I said so at the time.
>>
>>124806784
Your post is a good example of why mechanics were necessary. To you, a scientist doing upgrades is like a geneticist doing virology (e.g.: something that would never be done, ever). Something totally out of their job description. Your way of thinking (scientists should never, ever hand out items or do upgrades) was very common, so they decided to make a job dedicated to that instead of trying to convince you it was your job.
>>
>>124806784
>mediborg upgrades and super cells or better stock parts for a heater isn't gonna bring your locker of medshit.
mate even the basic 5 minute research is enough for hyper cells and everything medbay could ever want
and medbays shit makes your ride smoother
>>
>>124807014
Remove the scientist title. Especially due to new players who don't know how to set alt-titles yet. Now you have a roboticist, a xenoarch, and a toxins guy. Now i's, well no wonder we didn't get any, there's no researcher. And that's the same thing with mechanics. Nobody bitches when there's no mechanic to do upgrades. But when it's "scientists" who aren't researchers anyway oh lawd dis anudda shoah! sci is shit!

Scientist should never have remained as a whole job or with a generic title as long as it has for that very reason. There's too many responsibilities that are attributed to it and people get butthurt when they're inconvenienced by someone who hasn't stopped doing their job to do one that isn't theirs. Having a mechanic didn't fix any of it. Just nobody cared that they didn't get upgrades cause of course they didn't, there was no mechanics. inb4 well that's what happened, they split it and gave it a not-rnd office, that needed not-research to make not-stock parts to not-upgrade not-machines with the not-minerals they didn't get pre-plastic stock parts just like anyone experienced playing rnd to be rnd would do.
>>
>playing on vore for lulz
>someone from another server recognizes me
>kidnaps me, knocks me out, and takes me to a hidden room in maint
>slams me on a table by a few intercoms
>Puts a gun to my head and says he will kill me unless i do what he says
>he ends up raping me with comms active, telling me to beg
>impregnates me multiple times
>after about 20 minutes sec finds the hidden room
>point-blanks me with a buckshot shell and escapes through space
>he wasn't even antag

The whole situation was hot but i couldn't bring myself to get off to it, oh well guess i'll stick to being a powergaming validhunter.
>>
>>124807516
Science should be split up into several jobs with limited access and outpost removed entirely.
>>
>>124807884
You know fucking nothing about xenoarch don't you.
>>
>>124807884
>ever asking for features to be removed to appease your autism

Can you please go away and stay gone now?
>>
>>124805987
>>124805856
lol

>no one does this shit
>new job gets added to do it
>WAH WHYS THIS JOB EXIST SCIENTISTS CAN JUST DO IT

yeah no. 2 years of the same exact meta: Scientists are rarely and barely interested in RnD.
>>
>>124808069
>yeah no. 2 years of the same exact meta: Scientists are rarely and barely interested in RnD.
It's not the game's fault it's the fucking players' fault.
>>
>>124807516
>huge textwall of bitching

Explain why we would even want you back on the server, then.
>>
File: 1448111423576.jpg (136KB, 913x401px) Image search: [Google]
1448111423576.jpg
136KB, 913x401px
>>124808110
And?

Players are more happy to play mechanic and do what you want, than scientist.

desu I don't understand why 1 or 2 recurring autists hate mechanics.
>>
>>124808013
Xenoarch can be moved to station. There's no reason to have an entire self sufficient station accessible only to a gun printing department.
>>
>>124808206
>Players are more happy to play mechanic
>play mechanic
Except I don't see people do this very often (except for assistants breaking in to get their own personal autolathe/chemmaster in some hidden nest), so I guess your strategy failed.
>>
>>124808036
>I want only positive responses and encouragement, please respect my safe space
No.
>>
>>124808238
It's ALREADY a pain in the ass to head to the research outpost to get a reading on a location, or bring an artifact in.

Now you want to move it even further away, and as a bonus you want these potentially round ending artifacts to be studied on the normal station.
>>
>>124808238
Well how do you suggest mining on the station?
>>
>>124808260
>my strategy
>like I coded any of this

>>124808343
I assume he meant xenoarch would have to take a shuttle to and from the roid to do half their job.
>>
>>124808314
>I'm right because I say I am, please remove this feature because it makes me rump roasted

The burden of not being a shitter is on YOUR head.
>>
>>124808343
Take the mining shuttle nerd.
>>
>>124808069
>Nobody picks mechanic
>Nobody cares cause nobody is in that slot
>Nobody picks researcher
>Uproar that nobody else in the dept that wasn't talked to stopped doing their job to do another

Yes, while rarely, it would happen. A couple of the Vox sci/RD's would go on upgrade benders for weeks at a time. That's a player problem, not a job problem.

>>124808206
It has no reason to exist when all it needed was an alt title instead of a cloned rnd. I did and often still do see a mechanic getting scans for an autolathe, and finishes a full rnd setup or gets access so he has research Before plastic stock parts you could say it was even worse cause it split rare minerals or one would get nothing. All they are is someone dedicated to the responsibilities of rnd and having 2 is silly.

>>124808238
Alright, riddle me this.
You're working in robotics one minute, the next you're in space with no station in sight. Your move hotshot.
You're working in toxins one minute, the next you fall over and are irradiated to death. Your move hotshot

What happened and what do you do.
It's on the outpost for good reason. Long range of those effects and more can wreck your day and while rare do happen and can fuck up the whole area.
>>
>>124808492
>hey cargo, open up
>no
>>
>people unironically demanding features removed because they don't like them

Go and gut the game more, why don't you? Surely it won't leave us a pathetic shell of what we could have been.
>>
>>124808583
>OPEN THIS DOOR OR I WELDERBOMB!
>MR. WELDERBOMB, TEAR DOWN THIS AIRLOCK!
>>
>>124808479
I see what you did there. You used the phrase "Burden on proof lays with the claimant" and changed it into an insult. Very nice argument.
>>
>>124808616
It's not like we don't like them, they're just redundant as hell

>Let's make this job because people in the other job won't do their job

That type of ass backwards logic is beyond me. Fix the fucking science job then by separating all the shit they can do and limiting their access accordingly.
>>
>>124808616
It's just redundant. Mechanics is rnd that can make flatpacks and if you need research you have to build a bunch or just get access to go use rnd to get research. It's silly.
>>
>>124808569
>not wanting !!FUN!! artifacts on station
>>
>>124808569
Alt titles are worthless. They're literally just fluff. Thinking that it'll change the fact that RnD is boring is idiotic, and this is from someone who does it as a scientist almost exclusively.
>>
14 grenades with two slimes made each.
Gold slimes probably would have been a lot more efficient but that was still neat.
>>
>>124808760
What bothers me is that they made it even lazier as a result

All a mechanic has to do is fucking scan a machine, input it, print the blueprint, then shit out the pre-packaged machine. Meanwhile R&D has to do research first, which they apparently don't do because it's either boring or they have other stuff they want to do.
>>
>>124808760
So are atmospherics techs when Engineers can do everything they do, or have Geneticists axed when a standard doctor can do genetics easily. Yet I see no demands to remove Atmosia or Geneticists.
>>
>>124808886
You can't remove Atmosia, people will choke Anon. Removing Atmos tech though? Then people will make a pseudo Atmos Tech because ENGINEERING WON'T DO THEIR JOBS EITHER!

Introducing.. the Atmospheric Mechanic. :^)
>>
>>124808781
That's not true though. Alt titles have different access levels uniforms and expectations.

You wouldn't bitch at a telecomms tech to fix atmos. They don't even have atmos access. But they're part of the Engineer job as an alt title.
>>
>>124808690
Who said the scientists had to do RnD OR ELSE?

I'd hate to have a dictator like you as my RD or any other head of Staff.
>>
>>124808781
I agree that it's boring as sin after you've done it a bunch. But there's still no justification for mechanics to exist when you could have put the fabs in rnd. If your job is (not)rnd who is secretly still rnd but needs to make a couple of his machines or just gets access to use rnd so he can do rnd stuff like upgrading, making machines, giving people goggles and medkits.

>>124808857
That reminds me, I gotta take a hostage with silver cores some time. It'd be hilarious to burst into food and alcohol when they get their valids
>>
>>124808970
>Literally shits out scrubbers and pumps out of nowhere to fix problems and uses an inflatable wall/door RCD

I can see it now

>>124809039
I never said that you chucklefuck, I'm all for separating it all into different functions.
>>
>>124808989
No they don't. There is literally nothing in the code saying they have different access.

At most, their jumpsuits are different colors. Are you stupid?
>>
>>124809102
I like them having shared access cause it's nice on lowpop to get the medborg a med upgrade and cell when it pda's me but I'd like there to be a researcher alt-tile so people get off my dick over my inability to read their minds while I'm doing my own thing.
>>
>>124809102
You go ahead and code it then, big boy. and never have it added, because the current system works fine as it is

Oh, and everyone forgets Mechanics have Telecomms access. Without them, who'd keep the radios running?
>>
>>124809123
oh right telecomm tech got separated out into the mechanic job slot.

I think you're right, currently all alt titles are the same.
>>
>>124809235
Just because I'm for something doesn't mean it has to appear in the game Anon, god damn. If people really want it badly enough, it will get coded anyway. No need to be a little pissy bitch about it.
>>
>>124809283
But you're the only one who does want it, and uppity assholes who haven't even played the game in months need to learn their place.
>>
>>124809235
nobody because I have to break in and fix shit myself every fucking time.
>>
>>124809331
>But you're the only one who does want it
Nice anon, just because someone has a different opinion than you they must be the only person in existence to have it right? Right? Clearly I stepped on your toes, I can just tell you're upset right now and I'm sorry if I caused that.

Also, I've most likely been playing the game longer than you. :^)
>>
>>124808672
BWOINK
>>
>>124809428
That's another person bruh.
>>
>>124809428
>says the man who hasn't been playing in months and can't be fucked to actually observe a game every now and then
>and also demands arbitrary feature removal

Oh, and tell me when RnD can produce shit like flashes, stun batons, riot shields, and so on. Mechanics can, but RnD can't.
>>
>>124809632
Does it even matter? When you post stupid shit, someone will tell you off on it. "You're the only one", do you even know how much of a statistical improbability that is?
>>
>>124809715
>says the man who hasn't been playing in months and can't be fucked to actually observe a game every now and then
I have no clue who you think I am, I've been playing all this time.
>and also demands arbitrary feature removal
Again, you seem to be confusing me with someone else. What I want is separating it all into different functions, restricting access accordingly. Never once did I say the game would be better off if we removed certain aspects.

It's the problem of everyone being Anonymous I suppose, you can't tell who's who.
>>
>>124809715
The whole point is the gen fab and flatpacks should have just been put in rnd rather than making a clone of rnd sans lathe and DA. Especially when in many rounds, they simply get scans or loot sec tech to make them to fulyl become a clone of rnd with gen fab and flatpacks. It's an unnecessary dupe.
>>
>>124809801
I'm against removing the shared access personally. It's fine in the day but having played in the days before, it makes lowpop a shithole and it's even more of a hell on borgs that need replacement components or a new chassis/jumpstart.
>>
>>124809959
Yeah you make a good point. Still, what stops people from picking an alt function and then running off to do other shit anyway?
>>
>>124809801
All that would do is get scientists to beg for more access to do what they were going to do anyway.

You have to make RnD actually appealing. Now it's just adding the same sequence of items into the DA and then basically becoming a glorified Cargo. That's not fun, and splitting accesses won't fix that.

Re-do RnD completely if you want people to do it, it's currently nothing more than a chore.
>>
>>124810045
Nothing. It adds maybe 2 whole minutes of getting the HoP to add access- just look at paramedics to see how that works.
>>
>>124810067
>>124810146
Yeah I'm agreeing on the access thing and also with R&D not being interesting enough to captivate people to keep doing it.
>>
>>124809845
Since when did RnD take care of telecommunications, or go out of their way to hack and upgrade machines? Or do all the little repair jobs that Engineers can't be bothered to do?

Stop looking at them as scientists and look at them as an extension of Engineering.
>>
>>124810067
>>124810237
My biggest problem with R&D is it requires no thought process
You make this simple list and you can max science within minutes by following it
>>
>>124808886
You can blame badclown for this

Last year being a chemist, MD, scientist, roboticist, atmos tech, station engineer actually meant something

After badclown everyone wanted expanded access so now everyone is superengineer, superdoc, superscientist
>>
>>124809959
I preferred when access was restricted. Now doctors just barge into chemistry and make what they want, scientists make mechs, and so on.

It was better before. What would be nice is if we got a comprehensive overhaul on access vs limited_access, the two different levels of access that are defined in the code.

Then, add a card swipe function that lets heads change the access levels to their departments doors. Then it would be the best of both worlds. People wouldn't have to deal with the bullshit when its low pop or there's no chemists etc. But jobs would be worth shit.
>>
>>124810382
Newfag here, explain what badclown is or was.
>>
>>124810045
Nothing. I just want to break the scientist = rnd meme. It's just so bizarre to justify the duplicate of a job based on people not doing a job they didn't join to do.

>>124810146
>tfw faggot HoP who's being shit on purpose

>>124810250
It all depends on the player which is nothing new. And maybe you should actually look at the mechanic as what it is. It's an rnd clone
A lot probably don't even know how to upgrade or what machines benefit and since you assfaggots get so goddamn stuck up your own asshole about the times science didn't bend over backwards to cater to you, you don't ask often enough and then it's oy vey sci didn't upgrade waaah. It's a player and a lack of information problem, not a job problem though mechanics did help get a lot of guides that were sorely needed to fix that issue. Just friggen talk to people more and be willing to teach them instead of being salty sci isn't an omnicient mind reader.

Can't find the pics if I took any but back when telcomms bombing/welderbombing was common I'd often go grab a freezer from the outpost then make a quick minitelcomms in telesci.
>>
>>124810623
our host once pretended to quit and opened another server under the name badclown.
>>
>>124810532
I would if there was a competency based whitelist to get into a job and we always had enough to staff the station with them being able to play for at least 90 minutes but we don't and that makes lowpop a sad hell of frustration. Especially when the HoP/cap is being a faggot.

I just smashed the window into chem all the time back then.
>>
>>124810756
How did that change how accesses work? I don't follow.

And this was before Pomf, right?
>>
>>124810689
Again, the deeper issue is that most scientists don't want to bore themselves with RnD. They have toxins, Xenobio, telesci, and even xenoarchaeology. Given all the cool shit they can do there, the only reason most do RnD is for the guns.

As long as RnD is a mindless, unrewarding grind, not a single scientist will do it willingly. As a frequent RD, I end up doing it all myself simply because nobody else will do it. Make it more like Goon's RnD, where they have that EXPERIMENTR dooodad that makes it fun instead.
>>
>>124811471
You should word more carefully, by grind you mean boring right, not something that takes a long time? R&D takes a few minutes at round start to practically max.
>>
>>124811471
Previously, engineers didn't have access to atmos. Scientists didn't have access to robotics. Et cetera.
>>
>>124811471
Why can't all those other neat things be a reward for maxing out research? Once you're done with that you're free to do with you want, but expect people to request shit from your autolathes and crap.
>>
>>124811581
Yes, although some people make it take a lot longer than it needs to be due to not knowing just the right combination of junk to put in the DA.

>>124811610
I get that, but what was the rationale for the change to start with?
>>
>>124811692
What else
>Low pop
>Be Engineer or Scientist
>No Atmos Tech or Roboticist etc
>No HoP
>Have to fucking break in just to do someone else's job which you can also do because it's easy shit
>>
>>124811692
I don't recall.
>>
>>124811471
I can do rnd as a derelict mommi pretty fast, sometimes I have to anyway to get that chem dispenser.
theres a slight joke in there though that a russian crab with a mere 50 sheets of metal and glass can do nearly the entire database, or at least enough to get shit it needs.
>>
>>124811692
R&D can be played by a blind man

3x mech syringe gun
atmos analyzer
2x high capacity energy cell
blah blah
WOW CONGRATS YOU'RE AN ELITE SCIENTIST
>>
If /vg/ had attack animations, that would be cool.
>>
>>124812090
I want advanced CQC
>Disarm grab guy on floor to pin them
>Countering
>>
Best thing about ss13 was the greentext stories.

>where are they faggots?
>>
>>124812090
I strongly disagree
>>
>>124812179
Countering would only work if attacks took time and if one guy threw his punch earlier, it would do double damage or something and stop the other guy's attack
>>
>>124812347
>Split attacks into fast, normal and heavy
>Fast is perfect for counters and using your opponent's strenght against them
>Normal is balanced and good in practically any situation if your reflexes/timing is good
>Heavy is great for when you surprise someone, get a lot of damage in before switching to normal/fast

CODE IT
WE DF NOW
>>
>>124812512
>you have to be actually robust now
dont push my comfort zone anon or ill throw a fit
>>
>>124812512
It wouldn't take much to turn SS13 combat into DF-like combat.

Game already takes into account damage to individual limbs and such, you'd just need more individual shit that can get hit and damaged, bones to break.
>>
>>124812090
It would be but the only server that has them is hippie, and it has a lot to be desired.
>>
>>124812969
Then we must do it right
>>
>>124813687
I don't think anyone would object to movement or attack animations but it is a challenge.
>>
>round last night
>dick around with Natalya, she breaks into Security checkpoint for hats and gives me one too
>get her a cigar in return
>chill in the bar
>she becomes CMO
>i get Terry to wear a swimsuit
>go to show Natalya in a swimsuit
>suddenly bombs
>find HoP id on the HoP's gibbed corpse
>Terry tells me i should become the hero this station needs
>go to investigate toxins
>science blows up a second before we get there
>the plot thickens
>theorize that the bomber's next target is Engineering
>head there through maintenance
>suddenly the RD Plasmaman
>everything comes together and shout at him that HE'S the bomber!
>he starts acting dodgy and moving close to us and then backing off
>Terry falls over and he grabs her
>i push him over, slam him into a window and shout out he's the bomber
>he triggers a voice-activated bomb and all three of us get gibbed
>based Natalya heard what i shouted out and the RD doesn't get cloned

That was a fun round.
>>
>>124813756
>FF
no wonder why we got waifu posters here
>>
What if the AI had laws against genetic powers that made it actively try to kill mutants by default?

Would it stem the tide of geneticist shittery?
>>
File: FRIEND COMPUTER.png (183KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
FRIEND COMPUTER.png
183KB, 794x1123px
>>124814607
THIS RESPONSE IS FOR ULTRA-VIOLET EYES ONLY. VIEWING THIS MESSAGE WITHOUT PROPER CLEARANCE IS GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION.

Friend computer is downloading "Dreammaker" to rectify the issue as we speak!
>>
>>124812081
>>124811878
Yeah, proving my point quite nicely.

So how would you improve RnD so it was actually fun while remaining as useful as it is to everyone who isn't a scientist?
>>
>>124814897
Remove it.

It ruins game balance.

Introduce new research mechanics based on bombs.
>>
>>124813740
I semiactively object to animations.
>>
>>124815198
You keep saying that but not why.
>>
>>124815050
>RnD, we need advanced trauma and burn kits!
>they blow up half the station attempting to research said kits

I fail to see how that can end badly.
>>
>>124815318
that's where the semi- plays its part
>>
>>124814897
Give RnD the ability to make completely new computers/machines/parts that do neat shit, instead of working towards being able to build mostly stuff that is already available anyway.

Spice that shit up senpai
>>
>>124815484
>instead of getting cool parts to upgrade machines or a billion guns, the protolathe churns out flatpacks of unique, rare, and exotic machines depending on research
Fund it.
>>
>>124815050
>instead of deconstructing items you purchase research levels with bhangs
>>
>>124815914
Oh my god.

What if the bhangmeter dispensed tokens called bhangs depending on how big the theoretical yield of a bomb was

And those tokens can be used to buy toxins-related items, like extra TTVs, golden bombsuits, who knows what else.

It'd make sense considering the station's goal is plasma research.
>>
>>124816110
The BIg Bhang Theory.

ZIMBABWE
>>
>>124811852
>break in
>can't even do have the roboticist/sci shit cause the fabs/DA are Id locked
>Can't fix the blind half dead borg cause no access, there's no AI or other borgs, and the spare got niggered by some dickbutt who didn't leave it after updating his

>>124812090
If you stayed in your containment server, that would be cool.
>>
Dorfstation 13 when
>Map is mines, mines and more mines
>Mine too deep and you unleash the clowns
>>
>>124815484
Closest thing to that we have right now is the Nanotrasen Experimental tech tree, and that's only accessible via Cargo. Even then, its exactly one level. Now let's see what it opens up:

>Hookshot: Miners are the only ones who would get real use out of them, and their vending machines already dispense them.
>Ricochet Rifle: Explain to me again why I would want a gun which is more likely to harm the user than anyone else.
>Gravity Well Gun: Fun, but expensive and needs you to give up a BoH to push Bluespace research high enough to access it.

Keep the guns by all means, but add the possibility of creating unique new machines and gadgets too. Hell, let the mechanic in on the fun by allowing his DA to scan the new gadgets for mass production and add an element of randomization into the machines in a way that its tricky to make one with the exact same functions twice in a row.

Ideas for them:
>Something similar to the matter replicator artifact, but with a UI that isn't outright gibberish
>X-ray lasers, which are still in the code and show up on occasion as a xenoarchaeology gun type.
>Some of the junk that only seems to spawn in adminbus otherwise, such as the Lawgiver or the advanced clown shoes.

And I'm sure there's other things we could add too.
>>
>>124816110
>bomb tokens
>cyber tokens
>slime tokens
>artifact tokens
>bluespace tokens
>place tokens in science redemption machine, get items
>>
>>124816341
>Temporal Phase Shifter
>Requires a cell to run, allows the user to phase through shit like a Phazon would
>Running out of energy while phasing through something gibs you
>>
>>124816357
>every completed cyborg, mech or MoMMI is a token
>every ten processed slimes are a token
>every small artifact is a token and every large artifact is ten tokens
>no idea how to make telesci give tokens

Now we just need cool shit that goes in the machine.
>>
>>124816341
>Summon guns wizard on deff
>Start bunkering up
>Murderboning faggot of an RD shoots me with ricochets until dead
>>
>>124816503
He must have been a good shot. Most people just end up shooting themselves with it because of a stray ricochet.
>>
>>124816470
>no idea how to make telesci give tokens
Every item successfully teleported to the telepad is a token. Each person is 10 tokens.
>>
>>124816626
That'd be so easy to exploit though, you could get infinite tokens for no work.
>>
>>124816683
Give them nothing cool to spend their tokens on so it's bragging rights
>>
>>124816470
Let me think.
>Otherwise unobtainable mech weapons- specifically the missile launcher and the heavy pulse rifle
>Exotic guns, like the Mind Flayer and the Combine Overwatch Rifle
>Artifact pinpointers that can be show where large artifacts are hidden without the tedious process of triangulation
>Slime Repellant-Suit: even when hungry or rabid, slimes will never attack the user as long as he's wearing this. The one useful thing about slime-people minus the weakness to cold.
>>
>>124817296
Maybe Reinforced Plasma/Oxygen tanks that can hold more?

Or a three-way TTV for some reason?

Disks for specific research groups that add one level to that group?
>>
File: 197268.jpg (246KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
197268.jpg
246KB, 640x426px
>take a couple weeks off from mechanic to play medbay and security
>"NO ON PICKS MECHANIC"
>"just get rid of it. a scientist can do it"
Pretty much the entire purpose is to be a liaison between the crew/engineering and science department since science couldn't give a fuck about anything but their own pet projects.

Mechanic is the job that can play as anything depending on how you play it. It's for the player who has an idea and wants to make it without having to get hassled by chem for acid, because you need to print 20 different machine circuitboards, to bring to R&D only to discover R&D isn't done and then can't get an engineer to fix the door access to your new idea. Mechanics are self sustained. You can do anything.
>>
>>124817652
Typical mechanic, can't even follow the discussion.
>>
>>124817652
>Mechanics are self sustained
>dependant on having a miner bro or engiborg
>>
File: postie.jpg (13KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
postie.jpg
13KB, 287x175px
>tfw when probe agreed to be your senpai
>>
>successfully brought one person back from the dead
I feel so accomplished
>>
>be mime
>arrive to the station
>nigger acusses me of being a vamp
>then of being a ling
>hug him
>tables me and the janitor
>toolbox to the head
>he and some woman kills me
>get lasered and beheaded just cause he told them i was a vamp
>no evidence whatsoever
>my body is not even send to the chapel
>real vamp fucks robotics while im a brain thing
>get borged
>kill the vampire
>round ends and i stun everyone outta rage
>>
>>124817652
>Before plastic stock parts, had to beg the miner for minerals or steal from science just to do his job
>Has to make his own DA and autolathe or use rnd's. Probably even needs access to use the DA
The only point is being able to set restricted access on doors which is irrelevant at best.
>>
Giving every department tokens and a token redemption machine for doing their job a la Goon Job Objectives, and getting RnD stuff for your department out of it to make your job easier and not rely on RnD because RnD is never done and is shit, would be pretty cool.

Medical Redemption machine would give advanced burn/trauma kits and incision management systems, Sec Redemption would get AEGs and stun revolvers, Botany Redemption would get somatorays and exotic seeds, etc.
>>
>>124818629
wrong. Everything you need to do engineering has been converted to plastic. 40 plastic will print you an RPE and parts to last all shift. The only reason a mechanic would need minerals anymore is to print a bag of holding, guns, or special surgical tools. All you need is metal and glass. Both of which can be ordered through cargo.
>>
>>124818823
baka
>>
>>124818974
>Getting in range of a faggot after he's comitted grand faggotry
>Standing still long enough to get tabled
Own fault
>>
>kill vampire with lasers
>he had an axe so grab that and start fucking his head up
>turns out I gave him too much burn damage so I couldn't cut the head off without surgery of some kind
I should have just activated my emergency grenade on top of his ass and gibbed him.
>>
>>124819136
What job were you? Once you know there's a lingpire you should make a stop at cargo to get a saw. Put it in your box, carry a table parts, kill, slam and decap on the spot. There's a couple ghetto saws if you look hard enough.
>>
>>124819008
next to the mechanic's office in tech storage there's both an autolathe board and a DA board. They only thing a mechanic needs to get started on R&D is a console screen which you can get from deconstructing the reverse engine. That goes to finishing the autolathe which will print another console screen to replace the one you took. A destructive analyzer used with a mechanic's console doesn't require any addition access to be used by a mechanic.
>>
>>124819275
Research. Could have made one easily but it never occurred to me.
>>
>>124819465
You should have had 2 or 3 explosion grenades. Easier to toggle your magbutts clip then pop him
>>
>>124819375
You're missing the point. you're still a redundant rnd knock-off that has no reason to exist over rnd just having the gen fab, printers, and reverse engine.
>>
>>124819749
And science can make all of those machines given some time to rnd if they really want to.
>>
>>124819375
>reverse engine has the fabled console screen

Thanks m8. I hadn't looked too hard but good to know where it went.
>>
>>124819565
Had one in my pocket. Was triggered with a voice analyzer so I could set it off the if the vampire ever stunned me. Had an AEOD suit, too.
The problem is that I was in medical, which I really didn't want to depressurize.
>>
>>124819870
You can also get the microwave console screen in the ghetto bar.
Or make a chem dispenser and use the console screen from it to make an autolathe, then replace that.
>>
>>124819963
Target your mouth and shoot yourself with a stun revolver or have someone stun you then test your phrase some time.
Misc research best sci dept 2555
>>
>>124819058
I'd actually code a token system if i knew how to code, but i don't. I'm just an idea man.
>>
>>124819862
>if they really want to

There's those words again, and you missing the point that they DON'T want to. Are you going to keep ignoring that point?
>>
>>124819058
>powergaming for tokens
>>
>>124819749
My point wasn't that they CAN do R&D. My point is what you do after R&D is done. What does a science do? When he finishes R&D? Make some stuff for medbay? Print a couple guns? That's his entire interaction with the research he just finished. So he just doesn't care. What does a mechanic do? A mechanic prints out 20 super cells to put in a gadget bag then walks around the station checking his PDA for low power alerts and swapping out APCs. A mechanic builds circuit boards for new machines like chem dispensers in botany and hacked autolathes for security. A mechanic upgrades chem, genetics, cloning, and sleepers. A mechanic goes out into the station and makes things with the research. The scientist stays in his department and experiments. That's the difference.
>>
What is the most shit science department?
>>
>>124820521
Robotics, by virtue of the kinds of players that frequent it.
>>
>>124820521
Robotics, definitely.
>>
>>124820521
the ones with the most waifus because waifus a shit
so robotics/xenobio
>>
>>124819058
Those objectives, or at least something like them, are already in the code. As far as I know it won't take that much effort to re-implement them.

https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/blob/Bleeding-Edge/code/game/jobs/job_objective.dm
>>
>>124820365
And that did not and never has needed a poor duplicate of an existing job. That's a problem with the player and the lack of splitting "scientist" or forcing alt-titles to avoid it being a catch-all which we covered in hours of shtposting you skimmed over.

>>124820521
Robotics.Being unable to crowbar the life of the a roboticist that is incapable of repairing you or hacking then replacing his apc cell sparks hate beyond words.
>>
http://ss13.pomf.se/media/source/emagged/THEME_OF_SCOTLAND_SCOTLAND_FOREVER_SCOTLAND_REMIX_medium.m4a
>>
>>124820717
>HoP's objectives

>Require that staff take a daily exercise regiment.
>Declare that lights are a waste of company resources.
>If there is a clown on board, attempt to assign him somewhere else, this is not a time to be silly.
>Mandate that permits are required for eyewear.
>Mandate that permits are required for security equipment.
>Mandate that permits are required for satchels.
>Mandate that permits are required for spacesuits and helmets.
>Mandate that permits are required for utility belts.
>Mandate that permits are required for toolboxes.
>Mandate that permits are required for Medkits.
>Mandate that staff members must have photo identity at all times.
>Mandate that all monkeys should be used in the kitchen.
>Mandate that no monkeys should be used in the kitchen.
>You believe yourself to be the one really in command, with the Captain being a figurehead.
>The bar needs to renew its liquor license.

So much wasted potential.
>>
File: 74468.jpg (53KB, 508x600px) Image search: [Google]
74468.jpg
53KB, 508x600px
>>124820806
>And that did not and never has needed a poor duplicate of an existing job.
R&D isn't a job. It's like calling cryomix a job. It's something that needs to be done for the station to function properly.
>That's a problem with the player, and the lack of splitting "scientist" or forcing alt-titles to avoid it being a catch-all, which we covered in hours of shtposting you skimmed over.
I woke up an hour ago. Was up late watching Jessica Jones.
>>
>>124821215
The only thing that was removed was the blurb of text that people ignored at round start.

You can do all these things right now.
>>
>tfw mech syringe guns don't actually stop trying to synth reagents even after the mechs destroyed
holy waste of processing power!
>>
>>124821215
It would give the HoP something to do after they're done handing out more access at he start of the round.
>>
>>124821374
I hate fun
-Probe
>>
>>124821224
>I do rnd's stuff like research, upgrade, make people items and machines
>B-but i'm not rnd!
Whatever.

>>124821374
The goon objectives to be as bad as possible at your job without getting fired/killed was the greatest.

>>124821397
>You'll never implant mech syringe guns in the HoS to the tune of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ
>>
>>124821215
>implying you are robust enough to enforce that
>>
File: 1448423291879.jpg (21KB, 252x291px) Image search: [Google]
1448423291879.jpg
21KB, 252x291px
>>124821651
>Stay a while and listen little assistants
>There is a scheme afoot to oust me. For every head of a rebel scum you will receive all access! Take care of the men listed on my notice board and their wealth will be your wealth!
>>
>>124821603
I'm sayin you know, you can do this right now. This very round. Maybe. If there isn't a HoP. You could join and be the HoP and do these things.

The only difference is you don't get a little ticker tape that tells you how to play.
>>
>Sec objectives
>Enforce the law.
>Arrest someone for bullying.
>Keep records of every arrest you make.
>Dress up like a mall cop.
>Place out caution tape at crime scenes.
>Successfully interrogate a criminal.
>Be polite to anyone who you arrest whilst still giving them their punishment.
>Arrest people for one second longer than their intended time.
>>
>>124820806
Alt-titles having limited access would change nothing but the number of people the HoP has to deal with since they'd just ask for full access to their department anyway. That was also covered in said "hours of shitposting". It would solve nothing, and would only further ensure nobody would do RnD.

A better solution is to do one or more of the following:
*Make upgrading machines so vitally important that doing so would be a necessity rather than something to do when you don't feel like doing anything else. For example, an unupgraded SMES might have a chance of breaking down and becoming unable to charge unless its parts were replaced. Or the items produced by an autolathe might be misshapen and useless- in short, it would not only make them work better, but would also stop them from outright malfunctioning.
*Make the RnD process itself more rewarding, and less about mindlessly dumping the same sequence of useless junk into the DA. Like I pointed out, it's mindless, tedious work with no real reward and time better spent on something more fun. It's the kind of thing I'd have an assistant do if I could trust them not to print a bunch of guns and terrorize the station with them.
*Have someone (the RD, the Captain, or even the admins if you really wanted them to meddle this much) babysit the scientists every second and do everything short of throwing them into the RnD room and bolting/shocking the doors if it means forcing them.tobpay attention to research. Note that not only would this engender resentment among the players, it would also be a headache to enforce in its own right. Splitting up the scientist job into sub-jobs would be equally counterproductive: instead of having people who could do research but choose not to, they'll select all the sub-jobs derived from the scientist position except the one specifically focused on RnD so nobody will be able to do it at all.
>>
>>124821830
>>124821985
Know what I miss, probe-sempai? Being security and using fuel tanks for DYNAMIC ENTRY through doors and other obstacles I can't open. There was just something magical about blowing the front of cargonia open with a fuel tank before chucking a banger and lethaling everyone in the dept before sorting out who was mutinous scum and who were weak scum who stood by as mutinous scum mutinied.

>>124822056
It was also covered how it was not for limited access but avoiding people especting things from people who aren't there for that job.
>>
Why don't we just remove science's ability to make shit in the first place?

The game was fine without /tg/'s shitty science department for 7 years. The station never burned down because you couldn't jam 3 chloral syringes into a single syringe gun.

We have a lot of unnecessary departments that really only end up making the game worse, but for some reason people think the game is unplayable without them.

The game would be seriously improved if the following changes were made:
>RnD removed entirely
>Genetics removed entirely, the only duty for geneticists is to clone people.
>Mechanics stay as the "technical engineers", the engineers who set up cool shit and make projects
>Return of mailman job
>Unban 2hotdogs

Okay maybe not that last one, but god damn. RnD is easily the most abused department in the fucking game. It has become so fucking commonplace that it has essentially replaced cargo, so much so that our fucking retarded mappers added A STOREFRONT TO RND.

Think about that for a second.

Or even better!

RnD can't mass-print shit, and research unlocks new shit for cargo to order. Want your advanced trauma kits? Get cargo to order them after the research has been sent to Central Command you lazy fucks.

God damn sometimes this playerbase is retarded.
>>
>>124822056
>in short, it would not only make them work better, but would also stop them from outright malfunctioning.
Guess what
That's how it was before
AND IT WAS SHIT
>>
File: tumblr_nli8zkPv3j1skzkffo1_500.png (273KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nli8zkPv3j1skzkffo1_500.png
273KB, 500x388px
>>124822238
>Making reasonable, sensible suggestions to improve gameplay balance
Nah you are going to get met with heavy resistance for messing with the status quo. You'll either be met with poor refutation or "WEHN U CODE IT xD!"

A shame, because this is actually a good idea.
>inb4 cargo has 2 much power!!!!
>>
>>124822238
These are terrible ideas. I'd rather unban doschorizo.
>>
>>124822238
WEHN U CODE IT xD!
>>
>>124822217
>It was also covered how it was not for limited access but avoiding people especting things from people who aren't there for that job.

That only works if people didn't expect those things anyway. In a medium or heavy RP server that might work, but in here you'd just get people demanding that you do the job you don't want to do anyway, or they'll break in and do it themselves.
>>
>>124822536
How is making science less of a supply department than the actual fucking supply department a bad idea?
>>
>>124822217
Ask the Warden/HoS for the battering ram. Sec has tons of cool toys man. I don't see them used nearly enough.
>>
>>124822056
Adding more busywork or a more involved rnd only works in highpop where it's all but assured that there's someone that feels like doing it. Otherwise you're taking a giant steaming dump on people who just need a couple things for heir project. And you belief that assistants would be terrorizing anything but antags and griefers with them shows what you are. It'd be exceptionally terrible in lowpop where no power, nobobdy incl the guy who stole the spare not filling in on HoP duty, no power, no medbay staff, nobody in cargo, etc. just makes the round that much more shit.

Just have Rei ban more people for not playing how he wants them to in their leisure time they are spending attemptiong to have fun with despite not breaking any rules. RIP Geneticist.
>>
>>124822238
>implying that wouldn't make RnD completely useless if there was no Cargo staff present
>implying Cargo wouldn't just use the research to order even more guns and make Cargonia even more insufferable than it already is.

They can already make a goddamn SINGULARITY if they wish, why do you want to give them even more shit they can't be trusted with?

Do you just not think about how these ideas might actually work in practice before you post them?
>>
>>124822610
Since he refuses to respond, let me tell you what he's thinking:

>I didn't sign up for scientist so I can do all the hardwork to get my gunz just so I can ask cargo for them and they can deny me!
>>
>>124822795
>>124822282
Which is why I was personally in favor of the second option I listed. The proverbial stick isn't working, so try using the carrot for a change.
>>
>>124822673
Yep, I do that sometimes when the round is especially shit. fuel tank was more fun though.
I got bwoinked once for ramming too many doahs.It hurt muh feelings
But not as much of the feeling of being betrayed by a shitter HoP
>>
>>124822869
>Implying there are never any cargo staff
If there are no cargo staff there's enough supplies on the station to last 3-4 hours of gameplay.

>They can already make a goddamn singularity
If they either steal engineering access or an emitter. But making a singularity in cargo as non-antag has been a bannable offense for quite a while.

But ah yes, giving cargo access to laser surgery tools and burn kits will surely close the gap to make them the ULTIMATE powergamer department.

>Do you just not think about how these ideas might actually work in practice before you post them?

Because it's so much better for scientist to be able to arm their fucking department better than Deathsquad in 10 minutes from roundstart.

That makes much more fucking sense.
>>
>>124822610
>1: cargo is even more dysfunctional than the mechanics' and science
>2: crew would be charged from their personal accounts for parts that they need to do their job
>3: department heads typically don't exist and never share department funding
>4: no one has any way of getting money back into department funding other than having the HoP pull money out of thin air
You're asking the entire station to run on a broken economy with the keystone being reliance on cargotechs to do their job properly. Gee I wonder what could go wrong?

Also if you ever played a geneticist you would know that cloning people is a very small put of the job. They would have nothing to do for literally hours. Especially on extended. It's such a small part of the job that hardly anyone ever asks them to do it. Typically the first doctor with a patient treats the patient until they leave medbay. And a geneticist is never the first with a patient. People come to geneticists for knowledge of defects and powers. How to cure a stutter without blocking their telepathy. How to turn people into skeletons. How to make plasmamen survive on the station without suits.
>>
>>124822238
Powers research really should be a separate job.Or at least have a alt-title so people can know in advance that I don't give a fuck and if they have a problem with it they're getting the disability monkey syringe.
>>
>Clown Objectives

>You are a mouse.
>Grunt ominously whenever possible.
>Epilepsy is fun, flicker lights whenever you can!
>Your name is Joe 6-pack.
>Refer to humans as puppies.
>Insult heads of staff on every request, while acquiescing.
>Advertise parties in your office, but don't deliver.
>The ship needs elected officials.
>Only bearded people are human.
>Turn on the microphone on every intercom you see.
>Wrench is a lightbulb.
>Toolbox is a medkit.
>Everyone is wearing a pretty pink dress!
>The monkeys are plotting a hostile takeover of the ship. Inform the crew, and get them to take action against this.
>Refer to the captain as "Princess" at all times.
>The crew must construct additional pylons.
>You must always lie.
>All answers must be in the form of a question.
>The station is an airplane.
>Happiness is mandatory.
>Today is laundry day.
>The word "it" is painful to you.
>You must act passive aggressively.
>Crew ranks have been reversed.
>It's Friday.
>It's backwards day.
>Give relationship advice to anyone who speaks to you.
>You are the ship psychologist. Give advice to the crew.
>You do not have to do anything for anyone unless they say "please"
>>
>>124822869
>They can already make a goddamn SINGULARITY if they wish, why do you want to give them even more shit they can't be trusted with?
They can also get combat shotguns and eguns and flamethrowers lickety fucking split. It isn't like already don't have access to all the guns and ammo they could ever need, yet you don't see cargo running around in full combat gear every round, do you?

It's a nice thought, but there's no reason to think that they are going to abuse the already nerfed to hell advanced egun anymore than they abuse the regular egun.

But no god forbid the supply department is the supply department and the RnD department only exists to develop and research new technologies instead of mass producing guns. Oh what a terrible fate that would be for spacemans everywhere!
>>
>>124823558
imagine a clown doing all of this at the same time
>>
File: 1421449852699.gif (496KB, 465x360px) Image search: [Google]
1421449852699.gif
496KB, 465x360px
>>124823558
>Advertise parties in your office, but don't deliver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0
>>
>>124823381
Hence why you remove the job entirely.

Powers are a fucking retarded mechanic.
>>
>>124822943
See also:
>Medbay needing advanced kits et al. ASAP and not having the time to wait for the supply shuttle before the WILD RIDE goes into overdrive
>Cargo being more easily broken into, so any antag would be able to have an arsenal outstripping the armory.
>Lack of a cargo staff preventing any of those toys from even being ordered, which would be even worse if no HoP or captain was there to provide access
>the research process itself is still boring as hell, and now since they need Cargo for shit to throw into the DA it'll take longer too

>>124823219
I'm sorry, when could Science make one-hit crit guns and armor that protects people from just about everything?
>>
>>124823782
I'd be more in favor that then exiling them to limbo.
>>
>>124823219
>Walk to atm
>Transfer funds
>Order 30 crates of riot gear, ballistics, experimental, weapons, energy gear crates, and 3 emitter crates
>blow them open
>We're in riot gear with riot shields with eguns and combat shotguns by approximately 6 minutes after roundstart
Ban cargo when?

>Clown
>Wait 5 minutes for people to go on patrol
>Hack into sec
>Loot armory
>Shoot them all until they explode
Ban tools when?
All airlocks replaced with the original code for secure airlocks with randomized wires for each door and added protections to delay hacking when?
>>
So would the station be able to function just fine with one engineer running off solar power?
Why do we even need other jobs then?
>>
>>124823623
If you want them to research, MAKE RESEATCH ITSELF LESS BORING!

How is it everyone trying to fix Research misses the blatant fact that nobody does it because it's dull as shit? Want people to do it? Then make it as fun as all the other science departments, you fucking idiots.
>>
>>124820806
This was all discussed when the mechanic was created. It's not fucking hard to understand, these arguments were the same as before.

The bottom line is that science hates research. They act like mother fucking teresa for doing the bare minimum... and getting a scientist, who wants to fuck off to their many things, to upgrade parts across the station? Pffffhahahaha good luck my nigger.

Research is fine in science. It's the only thing science truly does that is useful. But there needed to be a research alternative. And someone whose JOB is to upgrade parts, because it simply never got done. Ever.

>>124822056
There's already been a wave of updates that make upgrades more substantial. The cloning machine is atrocious as is. As long as coderbus continues this theme (and they've done a decent job parts-wise) replacing parts will see more action.
>>
File: 1445348767729.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
1445348767729.png
1MB, 441x603px
>>124823958
Why do we need the game at all?
>>
MAKE SPACE GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>124823558
>Mime Objectives
>
>>
File: 1393474699670.jpg (36KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
1393474699670.jpg
36KB, 500x561px
>>124823834
>Get ablative, dual riot shields
>Take hyperzine
>tfw shield bashing people to death

>>124824046
I like it being a boring 5 minute chore that I can finish myself then get on with what I wanted to do without having to deal with faggots. the less points of failure the better until we have whitelists and ss13 becomes the hip thing where it's easy to have 40 player rounds all day and night.

>>124824132
>Still doing the scientist = rnd dance
Right, cause everyone spams how mechanics are shitters for not upgrading and making them stuff when there aren't any right? Oh wait. Check your privilege science scum!
>>
File: A SCREAMING SKULL.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
A SCREAMING SKULL.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
BOTANY3 SOONER THAN EVER
>>
>>124824132
That's why I keep saying that the actual research process should be improved as well to make it as fun as all the other science shit, as well as something that the scientists themselves will benefit from by doing in a way that doesn't necessarily involve guns. Make them want to do research, and let the mechanics actually focus on upgrading.

Limit pod bay access to them too. Why is there even public access to an area that allows anyone with spare time to make a.durable vehicle that just so happens to have tasers as an attachment?
>>
>>124823834
>medbay needing advanced kits ASAP
Medbay should learn how to use drugs and how to fucking stock up.
>Cargo being more easily broken into
Nigger what. RnD and cargo are both a fucking window away from getting broken into.

The key difference is that the Cargo computer not only tells you who ordered what, it requires you have access to cargo in the first place to order anything, and there is always going to be at least one cargo tech or QM in the department at all times. RnD's computer needs to be locked, which it never is and is usually vacant
>Lack of cargo staff preventing any of these toys from being ordered
The only time there isn't cargo (especially w/ no hop or cap) is when it's super lowpop and even then that's pretty iffy.
And on lowpop you absolutely will never need anything from RnD. Guaran-fucking-tee it. The station is supplied out the ass. use what you have instead of being a wasteful fuck.

>Research process is still boring
Hence the more extreme option, remove the fucking mechanic from the game in the first place.

Also:
>one-hit crit guns and armor that protects people from just about everything
>one-hit crit
It does 10 more burn than the laser cannon and is not a fucking 1 hit crit you retard.
>armor that protects people from just about everything
Literally the same protection as the captain's SWAT suit. Also armor in this game means jack fucking shit.

But you unironically believed that pulse rifles are a "one hit crit" like an energy axe, so you clearly have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>124823558
>Give relationship advice to anyone who speaks to you.
>Assistant: "Hi clown"
>"Hey, Assistant. I heard you got a crush on that waifu of yours. Let me help you with that. I'll slip them, and you can beat me up some then help them up to be their knight in shining armor. What do you say?"
>>
>>124823934
Why should science function as a supply department?
>>
File: 1445041919747.png (76KB, 662x413px) Image search: [Google]
1445041919747.png
76KB, 662x413px
>>124824501
>Of all things about pods, worried about just the tasers
Balance discussions req a whitelist when?
>>
File: 1448138578410.jpg (22KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
1448138578410.jpg
22KB, 418x305px
>>124824512
If you eliminate science from making things then who are the miners delivering minerals to? Or should we cut them as well?

Why do we need chefs when we can order pizza? Cut them as well.

Why do we need engineering when we can power the whole station off batteries ordered from cargo? Cut them as well.

Why do we need anything other than assistants, security, and cargo?
>>
>>124824631
>Why should rnd provide advanced shit and supply supplies staples?

>>124824512
A legitimate concern is because thanks to certain faggots, the bruise kit is absolutely horrendous at fixing organs. a lung can easily take 6,7,8,9+ attempts causing 60+ toxin damage in the process. Organ replacement can also be troublesome as well as being harder for newbies.
>>
>>124824817
You know, if we cut assistants, there'd be no need for Security, so we could cut Security as well.

Why isn't the whole station just one big Cargo department?
>>
>>124824817
>Who are the miners delivering minerals to
How about fucking engineering?

How about Robotics?

>Removing the ability for science to become the station's one stop shop for supplies is just like removing the chef because the actual supply department can buy pizza

Nice strawman anon.

You still haven't answered my question:

Why should Science be a supply department?
>>
>>124824817
>Not having only assistants, botanists, and xenobiologists crashed into a space hulk. Tasked with growing and scavenging supplies against an everpresent danger of xenos, syndicate, vox, blob, malf, wizard federation, cultists of the geometer of blood or clockwork, and nanotrasen threats.
>>
>>124824512
Then what would you put in its place, having everything orderable immediately? Why even have science at all when the one thing they do that actually helps the station is taken away from them? Stop being so cut-happy and actually make something to replace what Science loses instead of jacking off to Cargonia and the supposedly limitless resources on the station that just so happen to be known about by you alone.
>>
>>124825009
>vgstation
>fixing things instead of reroll for antag at the slightest bit of damage
Immigrants go home. Borders closed when? Do not allow these scum to get anchor ckeys.
>>
Farting removed when?
>>
>>124824906
Cargo is literally sent from Central Command.

Not only would sending research to central command make more fucking sense than just storing it locally, it also provides meaning to unlocking these supplies.

>Organ replacement can also be troublesome as well as being harder for newbies.
There's literally a step by step guide on the wiki for every organ.
>>
Some Russians are trying to implement a walk cycle animation on their station:

https://youtu.be/BLuexT_JIfc

What has science done?
>>
>>124825009
>How about fucking engineering?
Engineering doesn't have use for anything besides metal/plasteel, they start with plenty of both, and can order more metal from Cargo.
>>
>>124824817
>>124825240
CARGO IS JOBBING CHEFS, MEDBAY, SECURITY, botany AND ENGINEERING! BAN CARGO WHEN????
>>
>>124825250
I'll admit, the cycle itself doesn't look that bad.
However I fucking hate the fact that the walk cycle speed doesn't sync up with the movement speed.
>>
>>124825009
A better question is "Why turn science into something only people hoping for their antag roll play as"? Instead of making it more than a fancy Cargo, you're turning it into Cargo's bitch.
>>
>>124824501
Science does benefit. They get temperature guns, chem dispensers, diamond drills, and bluespace crystals.

And every time someone brings up randomizing tech trees or adding artificial difficulty to research, it's called out like it is - artificial. If you got a good minigame to throw into R&D, please do, because even our most vocal idea faggots can't come up with shit. Right now it takes literally 3-5 min, and the robutticist ends up doing it most of the time for their shit. Remember when they got R&D access this year?

The research process is fine. Any work should go into what comes of research first over refining the process.
>>
File: 1449654195664.png (108KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449654195664.png
108KB, 300x300px
>>124824460
WOOP

WOOP

BOTANY3 TRAIN
>>
>>124825207
>Why even have science at all
Holy shit.

We've done it. We've reached the pinnacle of powergaming.

Science doesn't exist for plasma research. It exists so powergamers can get their gunz to validhunt.

I'm so fucking done.
>>
>>124825442
Science never has been about RnD. It's about fucking bombs.

Holy fuck you are the worst kind of science player, I'm sorry. Maybe you should play cargo instead.
>>
File: 1433254670168.jpg (35KB, 390x261px) Image search: [Google]
1433254670168.jpg
35KB, 390x261px
>>124825250
Walking cycles just point out how awkwardly proportioned the human sprites are
>>
>played for a while yesterday
>hoping it's a cultist round and i'll eventually get converted if I'm not a founder
I've been really been jonesing for some cult but my timing seems to be really bad.
>>
>>124825240
Guess what? The process of researching would be unchanged and remain boring as shit, so you'd have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM THAT YOU STARTED WITH.

No research done means no shit will be made either way, and trying to shuffle their machines over to Cargo will do nothing to solve that one basic problem that it's BORING, BORING, BORING.
>>
>>124825250
I like it but the movement speed fucks it.
>>
>>124825250
Better than I expected.
>>
>>124825543
Took you fucking long enough, Bay-by. The only plasma research happening is bombs, which make nothing but trouble and gibs. If you can't make science genuinely useful, you may as well make it so only traitors can become scientists.
>>
>>124825543
>Teleport guns
>Make a walking gun you pilot that can also punch
>Make exploding guns that shoot out of disposals and kill everyone in the room
>Make organic tracking scatter guns that obliterate everything now hat rabid slimes can stack onto a victim. You can even blind them with a silver before reviving 5 greys then making them rabid.
>Dig up old man guns
>Research a gun that uses presusrized gas to shoot guns
Damn right.
>>
>>124825421
>>124825705
>>124825801
Spessmen just take LARGE STEPS when walking
>>
>>124825952
But science is a always a den of traitorous filth. They're always antagonists. This is a known universal truth.
>>
>>124825683
Then why is everyone coming out of the woodwork demanding Science start devoting itself to RnD above all else and acting surprised when they don't want to? Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>124826093
I just always assumed NT just picked physically fit people to clone and slap on the station without worry to mental status
>>
>>124825707
>tfw people like you are why I always gibber, cremate, or fuel tank cultists
You can take the cult out of the cultist, but you can't take out what makes them the kind of boob who gets converted.
>>
So, why PDA gaems were removed again?
>>
>>124826345
They probably crashed the server or something
>>
>>124826202
>People complain that scientists that aren't doing rnd that they never talked to aren't doing rnd
>So literally brain damaged they can't understand the insanity on a level of blaming genetics for having no geneticists
>Redundant RnD is cloned poorly in medbay and is experiencing clone damage at its new home in the janitors office
>Redundant job is rnd in everything but name
>B-But we're not rnd! Look at all the rnd's responsibilities we do!
>B-But it's different. nobody does upgrades when there's nobody in the rnd slot
>W-Were not a clone of rnd at all!
>>
>>124826202
>everyone
>devoting science to R&D

only the retard asking for mechanic removal.

but if science doesn't take the 2 mins it takes to max R&D and let mechanics take over, they can expect escalation :^)
>>
>>124826345
They're still in, you need to buy them from the PDA app store
>>
>>124826345
Probably caused runtimes. I was having trouble with the sphess pet game window grabbing focus constantly
>>
>>124825250
BYOND is always godawful when it comes to walking animations.
Doesn't matter the game I've seen through the years, it always has terrible animation. Either way toooooooooo sloooooooow or HOLY SHIT I AM TAKING 50 STEPS A SECOND fast.
And if Hyperzine increases the animation frames of someone, that's going to be super buggy.
>>
>>124826649
You do know that mechanics don't start with a DA. They cloned the job because they can and the fact that R&D doesn't do the job because it's boring. Mechanics require R&D be done because it's their job to upgrade. But they can't upgrade if the upgrades aren't researched. So instead of crying they do the task for science. Now they're called a job clone and should be removed. I want to be very clear about this. R&D is a task. R&D is not a job. You're calling for the removal of an entire job because they're doing one task for science that apparently no scientist wanted to do. Fuck off, I like being a mechanic.
>>
>>124825250
>WALKing demo
>set to RUN when moving
>>
>>124826202
That is the duty of the Research Division. The way engineering has to take care of power and breaches, science has to take care of R&D, it is what you owe to the crew.
>>
>>124826649
Paramedics are a clone of Medical Doctors, and they don't even have access to most of medbay. Where are the people calling for their removal? Or the removal of atmospherics technicians when Engineers already have atmos access and all the tools atmos techs have? Or cutting both chef and botanist, given that the bartender already has access.to the kitchen and hydroponics.

All those are redundant too, and nobody wants them gone.
>>
>>124827624
The only change I'd like to Paramedic is having a jetpack in with their EVA gear. Having a space suit doesn't do much good when you can't actually retrieve a body from space.
>>
>>124827580
Bullshit, you just said its most important role is plasma research, I.E. bombs.

That's how it's been for ages. RnD is a five-minute chore that you should be thankful that the "Research" division even condescends to perform.
>>
File: 2001.png (61KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
2001.png
61KB, 212x218px
>>124827835
>needing a jetpack when there are TWO paper bins on the desk
>>
>>124827441
Are you literally fucking retarded? Did your mother put you in a sack and beat you against the wall as a lullaby?

>>124827624
Nobody's shittalking doctors when there's no doctors to be doctors.
>>
>>124828023
I'm still pretty new, but what do paper bins have to do with anything?
>>
>>124827852
That wasn't me, calm yourself. I'm pretty sure "Science never has been about RnD. It's about fucking bombs." doesn't imply that a scientist isn't obliged to do R&D, but that one would elect to become a scientist to deal with bombs rather than R&D. Yet you still owe the station maxing out research, it comes with the job and no alternative title is going to change that.
>>
File: okay.png (63KB, 321x357px) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
63KB, 321x357px
>>124828035
>Are you literally fucking retarded? Did your mother put you in a sack and beat you against the wall as a lullaby?
>>
>>124828113
You'll figure it out in due time.
>>
>>124828453
please anon, I just want to save lives
>>
>>124825250
>no arm movements when moving (only saw them for left/right movement but not moving up/down)
>since they're Russian, they're probably going to make walking total faggotry so men will sway their shoulders and women will sway their hips when moving
>>
>>124828634
Mate, you sayin sumfin about ruskies? You wun go talk it out behind the bins, mate?
>>
>>124828162
Nobody on the station "owes" it anything. If someone chooses a job, they can do whatever they like within the confines of that job. As science is a very broad job, its inevitable that RnD will be an afterthought because it's a tedious chore that offers very little a scientist can actually use in return and offers nothing in terms of satisfaction.
>>
File: 1413269744993.gif (479KB, 319x338px) Image search: [Google]
1413269744993.gif
479KB, 319x338px
Breast size options when?

Ability to hide progressively larger items in your cleavage the larger your breasts are?
>>
>>124828592
>Hold a paper bin
>Put paper in hand
>Throw paper
>Ghetto jetpack

If that fails, get a wrench and unwrench some tables and chairs, make them into metal rods, and use each metal rod as a ghetto jetpack.
>>
>>124828854
when you sprite it
>>
>>124828871
That's silly, but I'll try it.
I still just like the idea of having an actual jetpack though.
>>
>>124828854
when you kill yourself
>>
>>124828907
>New sprite for each suit and hardsuit to account for breast size
We're still missing some fat sprites for suits. Good luck, and godspeed with spriting all that.
>>
>>124828824
Everyone taking up a job owes something to their coleagues: engineers are blamed for not setting up the power and miners who don't deliver minerals are frowned upon. Thinking you don't owe anything to anyone is an easy way to convince yourself that you are not selfish and that your negligence is justified.
>>
>>124828758
Just saying they're going to be gay and add male/female walk sprites so they can ERP better since Russians love their ERP
>>
>>124829206
and the same goes for walk animations except 16 new sprites for every suit instead of the normal 4
>>
>>124829362
Das it, luv. You and I are gon go hav sum educational ee arr pee back dere in da bin bushes
>>
>>124829407
>walk animations

What?
>>
>>124829602
see
>>124825250
>>
File: 1449608878604.jpg (8KB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449608878604.jpg
8KB, 160x200px
>>124828854
>breast size as a powergaming strategy

this is literally the waifu agenda you are trying to get people to play waifus for game strategy
>>
>>124829353
In the case of science, they get around that by having a broader range of duties.If you want them to do that one duty, you had better make sure they too get something out of it. Right now almost all of those high-tech goodies are worthless to the scientists who actually make them.

The average scientist says "Someone else will have to do RnD, I have bombs to make/slimes to feed/telescience to set up/artifacts to find."
>>
>>124829852
No, fat 'people' could do the same with their fat folds.
>>
Well it's been fun /vg/

The server's playerbase is officially cancer, I now see. I guess I need some other game to obsess over.
>>
>>124829852
In b4 Space Law is updated so that men can't frisk women and vice versa just like IRL due to fears of sexual harassment lawsuits
>>
>>124830342
threadly reminder to check your fat folds for lost items
>>
>>124830342
>encouraging obesity
>>124830069
This is basically how I feel whenever I play robotics or xenoarch and anyone is in the vicinity of RnD. The only time I do it is when I need to do it to get what I need for my job.

Robotics is pretty dependent on research levels for high end stuff, but xenoarch? The only decent things are phasic scanners and drills. What motivation do I have? If a pickaxe and a fourier machine weren't so ass at round start I'd never do RnD. My job isn't dependent on it.
>>
>>124830634
>implying they won't be thrown in the dna machine and made to match the searching officer to skirt around that law.
>>
>>124830592
Here's your reply.
>>
>>124830824
Don't forget that as a Xenoarch it's beneficial for you to NOT do research as the more R&D you do, the less time you're on the asteroid digging up artifacts. That, AND you're speeding up miners getting a diamond drill, which means goodbye to all your artifacts as they're going to ddrill all digsites for the Spur, not knowing you dug it up already. They'll also dig them up for plasteel since they don't know how to smelt that.

Oh, and the miners want Happiest Masks as a non-antag so they can stand around Medbay like a chucklefuck.
>>
>>124830824
It would make everyone naturally leery of any of the fattest fucks on the station, and likely lead to fatties being beaten for being fat.
>>
Well it's been fun VG

The server's playerbase is officially cancer, I now see. I guess I need some other game to obsess over.
>>
>>124831449
Bye.
>>
>>124831449
>>124830592
Here is your (you)
>>
File: the future you choose.jpg (72KB, 562x434px) Image search: [Google]
the future you choose.jpg
72KB, 562x434px
>>124831373
Miners usually want the polar star more and some of them WILL break into expedition preparation, jack some gear and go fuck up every single site they see till it drops.

But yeah, xenoarch is difficult enough without having to ALSO do RnD.

People want a new RnD but they also want an open source codebase so we can't do it like goon and have things hidden. And they also don't want it to be Genetics 2.0 RNGfest.

>>124831386
>>
BRYNN YOU ARE A BRO!
FUCK YOU OBACER!
RULE BRITANNIA!
>>
Hydro food bars for the win.
>>
>>124830592
>>124831449
(you)
>>
Well it's been cancer VG

The server's playerbase is officially fun, I now see. I will continue to make this the game I obsess over.
>>
>>124831132
>make a girl packing contraband in their bra into a man
>the item falls out of their suit as their tits vanish
>or gives them big ol' mantits, making them the laughingstock of the station
>>
>OOC: DragonBro: NOW WAIT JUST A MINUTE
>Round has been delayed by admins
>OOC: DragonBro: Fucking validhunters

It's happening again, isn't it?
>>
>>124831746
Hey man, trying to balance out something that would work fine for one gender and barely work for the other out of a half formed 10 minute idea is hard.

I mostly thought of this because I wanted to telecard the Little Bro AI and trying tease him by hiding him in my cleavage.

Little Bro is cute. CUTE!
>>
How do I make mindbreaker smoke? Like, everyone who breathes the smoke gets high
>>
>>124832526
Seeing as it's been proven that waifufags are the waifus themselves i really hope you're not Little Bro himself
His dedication to AI or pAI is quite nice but it really takes massive autism to play pAI at round start
>>
File: Greytide.jpg (33KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Greytide.jpg
33KB, 610x343px
>you are the traitor! seal an AI!
>no AI
>decide to grey tide it up with no moral restraints
>clown slips the captain and I take his nitrogen tanks
>he chases me around tool store while he slowly pukes to death
>get caught and listen to the captain shouting with a security officer over the radio
>"crying like a baby for the whole crew, I guess the captain really is ON AIR!"
>release n20 and steal the HoPs oxygen tank when he drops it
>meet up with a cargo tech interested in fucking with the captain
>we steal shit from his office and I shock the doors
>steal from the vault
>security raid cargo
>as one final job we break in to the armory and make off with everything
>my cargo bro gets fucked by airflow and gets caught on the way to medbay
>Vow to get him back
>after going to the brig via space I run in to the captain and detective
>after a game of cat and mouse I'm fighting him in the hallway and spray water under the door
>run away and they fall in to my trap trying to catch me
>Well captain, looks like you really SLIPPED UP!
>PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
>Escape with my cargo brother
>we are in medbay trying to cure our viruses when the shuttle suddenly takes off
>die together in medbay to a rad storm

We 'tide together, we die together. I'm greytide for lyfe desu senpai
>>
>>124832683
high makes it sound like they'd be enjoying it
>>
>>124832683
Get two beakers
Put half the ingredients for smoke into each beaker
Put some mindbreaker in one of the beakers
Pour the beaker with no mindbreaker into the beaker with mindbreaker
>>
>>124832710
No, I've actually not ever looked who exactly plays Little Bro. The idea of /ss/ with the station computer just amuses me greatly.
>>
>>124832710
I'm exploring new possibilities with pAIs to let them compete with the portable chem dispensers.
In short, they could do with a buff.
>>
>>124832946
Little bro is Alice
>>
>try to be a janitor
>end up performing lung surgery and doing panicked chemistry, do a lot less cleaning
>>
File: 1449607822542.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1449607822542.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>124832718
>>Well captain, looks like you really SLIPPED UP!
This is the best greentext story of the week
>>
>>124831764
>>124832718
I love you senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewlaeSoTHX4
>>
is the implantchair used at all? I'd really like to recycle the icon for something else.
>>
>>124833713
not to my knowledge.
>>
>>124830069
Scientists don't have that many duties. R&D is a duty, but toxins, telescience and xenobiology are all needed either seldom or not at all. You do not repay the station with bombs or slimes, that the crew doesn't need, you repay the station by taking five minutes of your time to ensure that someone else doesn't have to spend twenty minutes of theirs to do that, which you should have done. The process is avoided by those, who are selfish enough to dismiss anything that doesn't benefit them as unnecessary, like >>124830824
>>
>>124833952
Say that after doing RnD 50 times. I helped write the guide.

If it was entertaining people would feel differently.
>>
>>124833952
How do you propose those "duties" be enforced? Do you want the admins to personally check in to see that research is done before the doors to Toxins or whatever are even opened?

If you don't want to give the scientists a better motivation for getting research done in the first place other than a meaningless appeal to a vaguely defined "duty", you'll have to accept that the only way to make them do it is by force. Let us know if you want to spend your time as RD or whatever herding cats.
>>
>>124830790
Just found my cat, it has been missing for days. Thanks anon.

Don't worry though, I am pretty sure it was feeding off the Cheetos bag I found in there, I wouldn't leave one half-empty.
>>
File: baked.gif (439KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
baked.gif
439KB, 500x386px
>>124833952
I'd rather just get plastic to make the high end parts rather than have to go through the fucking R&D chain EVERY GODDAMN ROUND
>>
>>124827835
>>124828023
Paper bin works good in most situations but the useful thing about jetpack is that it has a stabilizer mode so you can do a perfect stop in space to grab a body - you can't do this with item throws.

That being said, you can carry rods to make a lattice in space if you have quick fingers
>>
>>124831746
Jakob here.
For Xenoarch, I make a pill bottle at the Autolathe, make myself some basic emergency chems at the outpost (bicard+tramadol/oxycodone, iron, tricord+tea+antitoxin, dexplus) with some hyperzine, then rush the asteroid and be a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. eating wild mushrooms, fighting cave creatures, and finding artifacts.

I hand pick trace organics first thing to get the Spur ASAP as they're all pretty big digsites and I can use the Spur as a jetpack if I fly off the asteroid. I don't know why miners want the Spur so much when it is awful against all asteroid critters.

Some day, my goal is to open a bar on the asteroid (Vox outpost probably, since it's open to everyone) and make it like the Bar in Stalker: SoC and be like Barkeep, assessing miner's/xenoarch's small artifact finds, giving them bounties on specific finds, selling them guns(pfft), and giving them money based on how rare their artifacts are. But that would require ARE PEE with armed guards, miners sticking around on the asteroid after they get their ddrills and Pokemon, and rely on them not outright killing me for my cash and cache.
>>
File: pdvd_056.jpg (34KB, 420x336px) Image search: [Google]
pdvd_056.jpg
34KB, 420x336px
>>124833158
Maybe that's how we make it entertaining. Finding new was every round to force someone to do R&D.

Like order a security borg to detain an assistant, bolt him in R&D, and make him insert every item printed on the protolathe/circuit printer.
>>
>>124834198
As did I.

The first time it was amusing to see what research each object provided. Then I got pleasure from finding more efficient routes to do it than what the guide suggested. Finally, I realized that it was something so agonizingly dull and simple that if this was a conventional MMO, it would either be performed by a bot or a Chinese gold farmer.

At least the engineers actually have shit to react to beyond "make X of Y for Z".
>>
>>124834735
this was directed at: >>124834198
>>
>>124834558
I did this once back when Kurt Jacobs played. It had
>Working atmos and lights
>Boozeomat, tables, stools
>3 patrons
>Camera for the AI (back when installing cameras didn't actually expand the AI's view, which made me sad)

I think that's pretty much the best that'll get done outside of a really long extended round.
>>
>>124834558

If you need an in-house doctor to treat radiation poisoning and crippling xeno injuries, you know where to find me. Will work for Tunguska.
>>
>You feel so happy. Nothing can be wrong with anything :)
The fuck is this garbage?
>>
>>124834198
I have done it over a hundred times, I'm pretty sure. It's mostly about whether you are selfish enough to let the monotony steer you away from doing it or not, as I've said. You have a reason not to do R&D - you are bored by it, but it isn't an excuse not to do it.

>>124834347
I've not said I want it to be enforced by others, I only told you that it is what you should do. You have to do it, but you will not if it bores you, because you don't care enough about repaying your debt, I understand that.
>>
>>124835191
VIRUS

P A N I C
A
N
I
C
>>
>>124835191
It's the genetic disorder that makes you say tumblr things iirc
>>
>>124835268
There is no debt save for the one you impose upon.yourself. I can't help it if the stick up your ass is jammed so far up it's poking your brain. Who are you to tell me what I "should" be doing as a scientist?
>>
>>124835191
Immersion = ruined, ban he
>>
>>124834935
I should work on making a Stalker's (or maybe call it Loner's) Delight drink.
Arithrazine+Vodka, stacks with arithrazine for curing radiation so you can take both and stand in a radstorm (emission) and give no fucks.
>>
>>124835268
>I've not said I want it to be enforced by others
>only that you should feel very guilty if you don't, because it's now some big obligation rather than being just another optional activity

You've got quite a bit of self-righteousness over doing a repetitive task even an autist would get sick of doing after enough times.
>>
>>124798290
http://strawpoll.me/6212745 shill
>>
>>124835783
I've been wanting to make something like this, problem is is that rad code is in a helluva mess.

Radiation resistance doesn't decrease the amount of radiation you get from a source, it reduces the chance you get irradiated, so it's a random chance you get the full spike rather than a definite chance you get reduced exposure. Even then radiation's a guaranteed stun, so you'll get knocked down and irradiated further, which will knock you down again.

Whoever coded this stuff must've been off their rocker.
>>
>>124835863
You judge me for judgin you for silently avoiding doing that, which helps others, but bores you, yet you act as though you are in the right here. We are repeating the same two arguments to each other: I say that one should do R&D if one takes up the job of a scientist, you claim that you don't want to, since you would rather have others do it. I might act righteous, I do so because I consider myself right and I see no reason to believe otherwise in your argument, I can only find an excuse and an explanation for your reluctance to do the thing you should in it.
>>
>>124836546
Yeah, radiation code is janky as fuck.
The Xenoarch suits have 100 rad and protect completely against radiation artifacts, radstorms, uranium doors/walls/floors, and radio transmitters, but if I stand next to somebody with the radioactive genetic disability, I still get irradiated.
>>
>>124799438
update IE and reset your security settings.
>>
>>124837231
Did you report it on github?
>>
>>124836667
So you admit you find it impossible to accept that people can play a job how they want to play, and you feel smug about how you play because I'm supposedly selfish for not wanting to play Cargo under a different fucking name.

If you want selfishness, look in the fucking mirror and stop deluding yourself into thinking that youre doing it for any reason other than to feel good about yourself that you can perform a task that is nothing more than rote memorization followed by sitting in a chair and waiting for people to treat you like Cargo.

Perhaps ypu should consider playing on Bay, where every job must do a specific set of tasks or be banned. Here we actually enjoy a bit of freedom to do as we like without people like you telling us to stop having fun.
>>
>>124837316
I figured it was a feature seeing as there's like 67578687890 different types of radiation in the code.
>>
File: 1353187732248.gif (24KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
1353187732248.gif
24KB, 210x200px
>Notice Jhon smith before shuttle arrives
>That is so a wizard
>Ignore him
>on the shuttle
>John smith: I put on my robe and wizard hat! FORTI`GY`AMA
>Dies in seconds to gunfire from all directions right after he clowns someone
sides are in orbit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36C22mOfKY
>>
>>124837332
>stop deluding yourself into thinking that youre doing it for any reason other than to feel good about yourself

But anon, aren't you telling yourself you aren't selfish just to feel good about yourself? It's just that my way of pleasing myself is beneficial for people other than me, while yours results in just you being happy.
>>
>>124836667
No, we're judging you for thinking you actually have some kind of moral superiority over the way you play a laggy, poorly coded BYOND game.

Tell you what- next round be a scientist, and do RnD and nothing else. See how long it takes you to wish you were doing anything other than that, without taking refuge in bullshit about "helping the crew". Because everything you make is totally unnecessary for them to do their jobs, even the shit for medbay. Who needs trauma kits when it takes 30 seconds to make 90u of Bicaridine?
>>
How do you swipe your ID on airlock electronics? The window doesn't seem to respond to anything.
>>
File: file.png (15KB, 1259x57px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
15KB, 1259x57px
Oh my god, the corgi has its own hud!
>>
>>124837702
And yet you're the one boasting about how it makes you a better person when in reality it just makes you even more of a prick.

Tell me, would you keep doing it if nobody thanked you or even asked for your services? If the answer is no, then you never actually liked RnD in the first place and only did it to fuel your ego. Now quit being a moralizing shitter, you make me want to reset all research just to spite you.
>>
>>124837845
>Who needs trauma kits
>WHO NEEDS TRAUMA KITS
jesus christ never play medbay
>>
>>124838062
Oh my god, you're late as fuck!
>>
>>124838029
hold the airlock electronics in one hand. activate it. this brings up the window. similar to the way you use a PDA
>>
>>124838105
>not knowing how to use medicine or sleepers

Look who's talking.
>>
>>124838182
That's what I'm doing. The Swipe ID and Close buttons in that interface aren't doing anything at all.
>>
>>124837845
Why wouldn't I have moral superiority over you if I do that, which helps others, while you avoid it in order to please yourself? And why wouldn't I take refuge in my "bullshit about "helping the crew""? Are you trying to put me and you on level ground? Aren't we already? Are you in some way crippled and thus unable to be glad to help others? Anon, you're trying too hard to justify things to yourself, I don't think it's working all too well.
>we're judging
Is that you trying to hide in the crowd trying to conceal your shortcommings?
>>
>3 guys kill themselves on the shard for no reason
>>
>>124838105
>waaah gauze isn't good enough even though it does the same fucking thing!

Stop mistaking luxuries for necessities, anon. I've used gauze for organ repair surgeries and it works just fine.
>>
>>124838328
with that window open, electronics in your one hand, ID in the other hand, switch hands to the one holding the ID, click the link text inside the open window where it says swipe
>>
>>124838587
I have tried that.
>>
>>124838656
do you have engineering access?
>>
>>124838029
>>124838182
>>124838328
>>124838587
>>124838656
airlocks electronics interface is incredibly fucking buggy
keep trying a bunch of different things cause it'll decide to work eventually
>>
>>124838240
>sure lemme just gauze up your organ :)
>nah i don't wanna bring him to a revivable state even though it would be faster than cloning
>what is stacking?

>>124838376
no, gauze has a failure rate high enough that you'll spend twice as long
>>
File: look at the pain in my eyes.jpg (60KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
look at the pain in my eyes.jpg
60KB, 620x372px
>>124834558
>playing xenoarch this morning
>do RnD like a good goy
>get to the roid at 12:20 because of delays getting medbay trauma kits
>sample two walls outside the outpost and luck out, there's an artifact 30 meters away and the second direction I attempt right there
>it supposedly triggers mutations but the primary effect is blocked
>the secondary effect is heat
>the heat gets out of hand and the pressure slams me into a wall, killing me
>after a good effort by the AI I am saved and I deliver it to Engineering, making sure they put it inside the TEG burn chamber
>it barely makes a difference despite doubling the temp to 8000 K

I think at this point I play xenoarch not because it is rewarding but because it is hard for me and I enjoy the challenge.
>>
>>124838104
How do you keep misreading my reasons for doing R&D? I've not said I enjoy the process for what it is, I am doing it because men in my position must, not because it's fun and not because I am thanked for it. I've been thanked for doing R&D once and I wouldn't have remembered that time if it weren't for you. But do you actually believe that you are, to put it your way, "morally right"? It looks like you are implying over and over that you are the morally right party, but all you do is avoid your duty because it is more convinient to do so.
>>
>>124838742
I do, but maybe not the right kind. I'll try an all-access ID.

>>124838750
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to the internet settings I had to edit to block BYOND ads, so I'll try resetting those too.
>>
Okay, I want everyone in here who has used a soldering tool in the last week to raise their hand.
>>
File: 1441306783207.gif (52KB, 620x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441306783207.gif
52KB, 620x600px
>>124825236
Fuck heredth, seriously
>>124825250
doesn't match move speed also when naked it looks weird.
have to make the animation for every possible outfit unless they do some shit with alpha masks which since that requires icon operations its gonna be a big performance hit if they go that route.

>>124839308
>>
>>124839092
Try the access to under construction areas. The one used to access the abandoned office.
>>
>>124838338
Because you give every impression that you don't care about RnD for its own sake, and may in fact hate it. You do it only to be fellated by the other crew and would fuck off to something else the moment they stopped asking you to do their shit. The fact that you're being so persistent in insisting on your selflessness only makes it less convincing- if you were truly selfless you wouldn't say anything at all. Thus, I can only assume you are a hypocrite. Why else would you be so disturbed by the fact I won't just start playing like you?

[Spoiler] I bet you do "friendly wizard" and "stealth antag" bullshit too since you seem so unwilling to do anything that might spoil your false "selflessness".[/spoiler]
>>
>>124838845
I said it then, and I'll say it now.
You gave it to a braindead atmos tech. I didn't do enough to filter out all the massive amounts of CO2 the chamber started making, and feeding freezing plasma into the system only made it all colder. Plus, you gave me a chance to be the living core of the station for a few minutes, which was fun. I gotta get more into xenoarcheology sometime.
>>
>>124838773
I've used it dozens of times and it's worked without fail. If the failure rate is even a thing if you're not going ghetto surgery, forgot anesthetic, or moved while doing surgery, it's so small that it may as well not exist.

>acting like cloning is a big deal
One second in the cloning pod followed by cryo is infinitely preferable to fumbling around with surgical tools in all but the most extreme circumstances.

Hell, sometimes you don't even need the cryo. 5u alkysine, 1u of ryetalyn, and 7u of Rezadone replaces cryo for cloning purposes completely.
>>
>>124839443
You're honestly such a stereotype at this point I wonder if I should sarcastically spam that old Digipen copypasta I made.
>>
>>124838845
I enjoy the challenge, too. Finding artifacts is easy, surviving them is the tricky part. I've got a knack of finding them quick without samples so discovering the right ones for the station is always great.

I want those clutch artifacts to bring stationside like a cell charger during a Vampire/Ling round since they attack engineering, cell drain during an autoborging/shunted malf round, healing artifact after medbay gets bombed, etc.
>>
>>124839308
*raises hand*
>>
>>124839443
Anon, I'm loving this conversation, thank you for helping me end my day in such a fine way, I'm truly thankful, but I have to go to bed right now, I have delayed this far too much already. I will still notice that you just assumed that I consider myself selfless, which is a fact that I have never claimed to be true, but I will scuttle off into my bed before I read your next response, I'm sorry about that. Good night, kind man!
>>
>>124839860
So are you. You're the shining example of why selflessness is synonymous with being a holier-than-thou jackass who can't accept that he is not God's gift to SS13.

Would you keep doing RnD even if it helped nobody? Because I would. I doubt I could say the same about you. You're so obsessed with helping that you barely see the gaping flaws in the job itself and assume everyone else is selfish simply because they can imagine that it could be made to help the person actually DOING the research.
>>
>>124840369
I literally just replied to you for the first time, dude. What's your damage?
>>
File: 1377063108137.jpg (316KB, 501x411px) Image search: [Google]
1377063108137.jpg
316KB, 501x411px
>>124828854
>Silence stung and stun gloved
>Shakily pull the HoS out of your cleavage
>"Hands up! This is a sting operation!"
>>
>>124840735
That is one hell of a booby trap.
>>
>>124839308
I haven't played engineering in a while but if you are honest to god suggesting we should get rid of it you can go fuck yourself.
I fucking hate having to manually figure out the access required for the airlocks, let alone running back and forth from the vendor to get more when someone's on an emag spree.
>>
>>124840163
Then why do you keep acting as if we should all be so grateful about how you help others as if it's some grand sacrifice you have to make? Soemone genuinely helpful wouldnt rub everyone else's nose in it as if they expected people to owe them a favor, nor would they try to assert some kind of moral superiority in 4CHAN of all places.

I'm fine if he wants to play it that way, but the idea that he expects everyone to play just like him and that we're all self-absorbed scum for not following is example is enraging. What is he going to do next, say that assistants should actually try to assist people?
>>
>>124841053
>if you are honest to god suggesting we should get rid of it you can go fuck yourself.
Calm the fuck down nerd I was asking because I thought it's underused.
>>
>>124841212
Oh. Well, to be honest it is, but that's only because there's only two uses for it: emagged doors, and manually (why?) soldering 'blank' boards.

I wouldn't mind seeing it as an alternative to hacking or upgrading machines.
>>
>>124839331
Pomf, what is your position on the status of RnD and how it could be redone? It's obvious very few people are happy with it in its current state.
>>
>>124841347
It can also be used on the order console board and the camera computer board.
>>
>>124841347
Well it turns Security camera consoles into advanced camera consoles, and unlocks a crate full of useless crap if used on the supply ordering computer. That's literally it.
>>
>Deff
Shit
I was actually going to play until that
>>
File: Laughing Anime Girls.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Anime Girls.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
Vote Tied Between:
Box Station/
Defficiency/
Vote Result: Defficiency/ with 1 vote
Box Station/ had 1 vote
Metaclub/ had 0 votes
Taxi Station/ had 0 votes

>tfw the one voter for deff
>>
I, as the blob, will admit freely that I did not win because I was competent, but because the crew was incompetent.
>>
>>124841594
t. memer
>>
File: 2015-12-09_15-58-19.jpg (596KB, 957x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_15-58-19.jpg
596KB, 957x1005px
>>
>>124841652
>Missed this season's blob round
Well... I'll get in the one three months from now, maybe...
>>
>that retarded crew
>>
>>124841625
>one person fucking votes and the whole server has to deal
>>
>>124841652
So glad I got picked for the second blob, literally the most fun antag to play as. Also how many tiles does the blob have to expand for it to win?
>>
>>124841474
>>124841525
So pretty much only good for emagged doors and like, 3 things that no one ever does.

Shit niggas, how do we fix this? Surely there's more things it could do, I just don't want it to make the Mechanic's job hell.
>>
>>124841724
there was only one vote for box as well, mate.
>>
File: CYGLnAw.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
CYGLnAw.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>Assistant [Common]: BLOB ABOVE LIBRARY
>haul ass as CE and get an emitter on the scene within the minute
>try and scout out a good location for an emitter
>it's wedged into hydroponics maintenance where it's difficult to put an emitter
>get hit once while doing my scouting run, bleed to death
>alright, it's fine, I know now where the best place to put the emitter is, just need to get revived
>medbay tries to revive me without blood
>die again shortly afterward on top of a sleeper
>the entirety of medbay proceeds to ignore me for the rest of the round, despite constant haunting and light-flickering, until the blob consumes the station
>>
>>124841908
exactly
>>
>>124839308
I have

It's handy when you're adding a room to the station
>Walk to room with nothing but solder and glass
>Print out airlock boards, air alarm board, APC board right there instead of harassing the mechanic and then carrying them

I also fixed one emagged door with it
>>
>>124841962
It's okay. The emitters bug out against the blob now.
>>
>>124841871
Well nothing really breaks in a manner that would warrant a soldering iron, only thing I can think of is using it to fix dodgy wiring in someones robot arm or something along those lines.
So a replacement for using cable on that sort of stuff to fix it.
>>
>>124841962
The solars are a cute place. Not for that specific location but for maint in general. The blob has a hard time in space and it has its own power source.
>>
>>124842152
>Put emitter on solars
>It can only fire like a third of the time
>>
>>124842123
I don't play roboticist but is it needed to make borgs? Or do you just slap cables at it?
>>
>>124831373
The worst part is ddrilling digsites doesn't even give them an increased drop chance. I wanted to make drills unable to drop it or even be able to drop strange rocks at all but the mining system and by extension, the excavation depth part of it that it uses to mine in general makes it hard for a scrub to do.

>>124838350
but that energizes the shard. They gave their lives so that you will have lights on in used rooms for that much longer.

>>124842383
You use sables to fix burn damage on the borgs.
>>
>>124842352
Clip the wire leading from the station and charge the SMES. Since it's only powering a few emitters the low charge rate you'll have to settle on is acceptable.
>>
>>124841347
>manually (why?) soldering 'blank' boards
You can make your own autolathe as an assistant with it. I've done this as bartender, too, for unlimited bean bag shells.

Just loot maintenance machines for parts and you're golden.
>>
>>124842626
Wouldn't that require you break into engineering anyway, defeating the purpose?
>>
>>124842626
Where do you get the sacid? Does the it not care about the other shit in the groans soda or did chem just not have a newfag?
>>
>>124842785
solders are at the youtool in primary tool
>>
>>124842785
You can get a solder from the YouTool which is in tool storage

Tool storage is a room where assistants spawn, on Box it's in the hallway nearest to arrivals.

>>124842838
As bartender I usually ask for s-acid for drinks and nobody asks

As assistant I usually just hand them the solder and ask for a fill up, and they never question it. You can ghetto-chem s-acid but let's be honest that's a big time investment even if you're going the faster route (flares)
>>
>>124843048
Well thank goodness. Hate it when chem gives ya sass over incorrect metagaming instead of doing their job
>>
>>124843315
Actually I might as well explain the fast route to s-acid while I'm at it. I like using the electrolyzer but I hate using the centrifuge, I always splash shit by accident. So this is the way I make s-acid if I really need it and chemistry is being bitch.

Electrolyzer Dexalin for a ton of oxygen (like 50u)
Grind a flare in a mortar for sulfur (I think you get like 10u per flare)
Mix those in a can
Fill up the can at the sink

You are now the proud owner of s-acid
>>
>>124841718
>>124841962

>cryo doing the burning bug again
>somehow angel dies in the other tube and gets stripped and tossed into/onto a sleeper where nobody can discern her from an old clone body
>bleeding guy at the door hacking into medbay bolts one of the doors as im on the way to him
>push him and drag him in so he can stop his nigging about and patch his bleed
>NO YOURE DUMB WHAT ARE YOU DOING REEEEE
>bonebreaks
>refuses anesthetics tanks because NO TIME GOTTA BLOB despite not knowing it takes a full minute to recover from sleep compared to 2 shakes with the tank
>have to wressle him while he disarm spams me from on the operating table
>botanist tries to get into chem because I WAN DRUGS MAYNE
>tell him to fuck off
>drag him away
>he starts niggering
>tries to give me the sprays
>toss shit at him until he leaves
>comes back and tries to floortile me with armor and shit on
>pick a gun off a table and just shoot him and throw him in the morgue
>medbay mysteriously becomes thermited into by probably the mechanic from earlier so theres no air anywhere and everything has airlocks down
>mechanic runs back in screaming GIVE ME A HARDSUIT GIVE ME A HARDSUIT while trying to loot a clown whos regaining blood while im trying to juggle someone dying
>try and toss him out but the blob was at the door

what a fucking disaster
>>
What the programming reason for the abiotic checks, if any? Or is it just muh immershuns?
>>
>>124843493
Botanists need mutagen to reliably mutate their plants.
>>
>>124843920
no, he didnt say mutagen
he said drugs
during a blob round
>>
>>124843851
because bugs and weird ness
dropping shit in the sleepers cause runitmes ive been told
>>
>>124843920
There was no botany past minute one,blob spawned behind it
>>
>>124843851
Probably half Muh immulsions, half shit probably disappearing because of lazycode. Flashbang yourself in a mech with stuff in-hand some time.
>>
>>124843851
BYOND has a lot of trouble with shit related to mobs being inside containers. Notably this is the reason pAIs can't see emotes and why changelings get broken if they try to regenerative stasis while inside a sleeper.
>>
>>124843851
badcode
>>
File: disaster.jpg (54KB, 496x567px) Image search: [Google]
disaster.jpg
54KB, 496x567px
>>124843493
>>
AI with a built in radio with all the channels when. needing intercoms near you to talk and switching back and forth when you need to speak on only one channel is barbaric
>>
>>124845003
This. I'm cool with it just having an intercomm machine that ony lets you hear 3 at a time, what you already can. I just want to reply without having to jump to core, change intercom microphones, then find 1 name in a list of 40+ jump to targets to get back to what I was doing.
>>
>>124843983
>>124843920

He also stole the protolathe from RnD.
>>
>>124845003
coders said no even though you can already do exactly that with telecomms
>>
>>124845449
What reason did they give? Seems they are just lazy fucks and would rather the game be infested with old crusty features such as pop up menus for spells.
>>
>>124845003
>bomb explodes
>lose power, dying
>get carded, 15% left
>moved to RD's office for repair and recovery
>BOOM
>screen shatters on RD's console
>now permanently stuck inside a computer
>cannot suicide because law 3
>cannot do anything but encourage people via a nearby placed intercom
>>
>>124845449
>>124845604
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/4380
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/5516
>>
File: 1449606287199.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1449606287199.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>124845604
>Seems they are just lazy fucks

>Meanwhile you're posting in a thread on 4chan telling people that work entirely for free and without recognition to do shit for you
>>
>>124845003
It would make sense, considering it's a fucking AI with full control of the station. But I think the coders would rather code wheelchairs and waifucrates
>>
File: 1449347011696.jpg (37KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
1449347011696.jpg
37KB, 449x546px
So when is conjure guns getting removed?
>>
>its deff map
>wizard
>its taxi
>nukeops
>its meta
>wizard
BOX STRONG
>>
>>124845883
Conjure guns best spell
>>
>>124845772
That's not the same thing though. Kurfursten sucks ass at balancing and gave the AI access to every single channel simultaneously. If you re-opened the PR with ONE channel then no one would complain.
>>
>be the third wizard
>wreck everybody's shit until get hit with hecate
It was fun.
>>
File: lorddredmor.jpg (79KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
lorddredmor.jpg
79KB, 299x276px
>>124845883
All i did was conjure guns and then killed myself with a fireball
>>
>>124845883
I'm sure every wizard would prefer a spell that just removed the round type ending when the wizard dies.
>>
>>124845807
>waifucrates
>implying shiggy can code anything more advanced
>>
File: 1448398138122.png (107KB, 540x521px) Image search: [Google]
1448398138122.png
107KB, 540x521px
>find the gun parts on the clown asteroid
>shuttle gets called right away
>make it back to the station via the teleport sat
>dragging the captain's body and the other dead people out of the bridge lounge to take them back on the shuttle
>FUCKING RETARD Alice shoots me in the face with a fucking saw for no reason
>just walks away and leaves me to die

I should of pulled the laser cannon I got from the wizard out and murdered you.
>>
>>124845992
you are unrobust
>>
>>124846065
>get hit by hecate out of sight range
>unrobust
what?
>>
>>124845883
>>124845993
They should call it the extended curse.
>>
>>124845883
>conjure guns
>the crew is suddenly full of peace and cooperation despite everybody being turned into an antag
Maybe the survivor description is not clear enough that everybody is valid?
>>
>>124845604
>Seems they are just lazy fucks
>Someone actually coded it and people shot it down after it was already coded

Seems like you dunno what you're talking about mate
>>
>tfw angel will never tighten your pipe
>>
>>124845987
It is the same thing though, look at the original post
>>124845003
>AI with a built in radio with all the channels
>all the channels

Are you even reading the thread before you make replies?
>>
>>124846502
Maybe your pipe is too tight anon. You seem a little over torqued.
>>
>>124846403
>look on github
>literally ALL of the people saying they don't want it are people who don't even play the game
epic
>>
>>124845992
Was you Blindy? Because I was the Xeno who shot you with a Desert Eagle a second before I succumbed to death.
Check the logs
>>
File: hawt.gif (208KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
hawt.gif
208KB, 312x322px
>vox
>>
>>124846524
that's stupid and so is that post
>>
>>124846753
It may be stupid, but it IS what we're talking about
>>
>>124846854
but anon is retarded and the other posts were reasonable and only wanted 1 or 3 channels
>>
File: 1446044220114.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
1446044220114.png
313KB, 701x394px
>>124846665
>shitposting
>>
It's that time again.

Tell me a story, anon. A story about spess
>>
>>124847206
No, fuck you
>>
>>124847340
PLEASE BE NICE

If I don't have stories, I will DIE
>>
>>124847097
>other posts
Literally no one in the thread said that though (except you). Not even someone on github thread.

Who are these reasonable people? Sounds like a case of not reading anything at all and illusory replies mate. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even care about changes to the AI since I never play it. I'm just harassing you because your posts are dumb.
>>
>>124847206
Once I shot a man in Maint, just to watch him die.
>>
File: denied.png (7KB, 318x180px) Image search: [Google]
denied.png
7KB, 318x180px
>>124847206
Remember last week before the wheelchair got nerfed into the ground?
>>
>>124847445
lmao kil urself my man xD
>>
>>124847468
When I hear that shuttle docking, I hang my head and cry
>>
>>124847445
>>124845392
>literally the first reply and half the posts in the PR saying no thats op
>>
>>124846659
You were lucky, you shoot me off screen, I guess.
>>
>>124847518
I don't remember but I laughed anyway. Are they worse than MULEs?
>>
>>124847625
Significantly.
>>
>>124847591
>presents a theoretical discussion
>doesn't even mention your idea of 1-3 channels
>not for or against the change
Yeah that guy is definitely a bigtime supporter of your cause m8

I'm just saying, read a thread before you reply. That's all I'm asking. Not so much to ask, right?
>>
>>124841364
i think the mechanic job was a poor idea as on goon it takes the place of RND literally but we just tacked it on
>>
>>124847625
They used to crit in like 3-5 hits and move as fast as a person

Now they take a lot more hits and can't move as fast as a person

Haven't seen someone get more than one kill with a chair of doom since the nerf
>>
File: guide2ling.png (234KB, 684x2273px) Image search: [Google]
guide2ling.png
234KB, 684x2273px
>>124847206
once upon a time there was a funeral
>>
>>124845449
where
>>
>>124848026
desu you can still hold a gun while sitting in one so you could easily just stun a fucking guy and roll over him, killing him before the stun wears off.

>>124847878
rev up those mobile goal posts
>>
>>124822238
Fuck off Terry
>>
>>124847925
how about disabling R&D as a job
>>
>>124848310
>I got to the 80 yard line! Touchdown!
>What?! that's not a goal? WHO MOVED IT? Fucking mobile goal posts!
>>
>>124848239
ARE THE PROOOFS
>>
Guys, what ever happened to Lifeweb?
>>
The AME is shit.
>>
>>124848610
ded
>>
>>124839939
2m = 1 tile right?
>>
>>124848681
When the fuck is someone going to steal their combat code and sex code
>>
>>124848663
In other news, fixing 4 fractures, refilling 60% blood, defibbing and administering dex + bicaridine is slower than clone+cryo
>>
>>124848808
no fucking shit, speedcloning is fucking ridiculous
EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS THAT
>>
>>124848896
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were all posting things everyone already knows.
>>
>>124848949
K
E
L
O
T
A
N
E
>>
>>124848896
that's the point he's trying to make
>>
File: pomf proofs.png (55KB, 673x501px) Image search: [Google]
pomf proofs.png
55KB, 673x501px
>>124848427
what would that accomplish exactly
>>124848538
i reopened the PR
>>
>>124848610
Got busted for CP.
Hopefully it will come back, since it was an interesting take on spessmens.
One can hope it will open up the code, but who knows.
>>
>>124849042
I dunno, just throwing shit at a wall in hopes of it sticking.
>>
File: clip (2014-01-17 at 09.41.18).jpg (50KB, 447x586px) Image search: [Google]
clip (2014-01-17 at 09.41.18).jpg
50KB, 447x586px
>>124848663
It's fine for what it is. It's a braindead engine that everyone can set up, and it's meant to be temporary or secondary until someone better qualified can set up a more permanent engine.
Solars, on the other hand, have no business being so shit.
>>
>>124849172
sounds like ss13 in a nutshell
>>
File: 1440532364828.png (170KB, 403x393px) Image search: [Google]
1440532364828.png
170KB, 403x393px
>>124849125
>Got busted for CP.
Am I being rused?
>>
>>124848808
>>124848896
While the practice is slow, a doctor with a nedbay full of bodies could do it to save time and biomass reviving said medbay full of bodies
>>
>>124849253
no
>>
>>124849253
Nope, some asshole posted CP on the forums and another one called the feds on it.
For a game with pedophilia mechanics, things progressed from there.
>>
File: 1340998947723.jpg (9KB, 292x233px) Image search: [Google]
1340998947723.jpg
9KB, 292x233px
>>124849212
Indeed.

>>124849125
>>One can hope it will open up the code, but who knows.
HAHAHAHA

If anything, he'll lock it down even more and blame his arrest on the people wanting the code.
>>
File: Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Gif-14.png (749KB, 950x608px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Gif-14.png
749KB, 950x608px
>>124849289
>save time
>save biomass
>>
File: 1437749959023.gif (2MB, 320x182px) Image search: [Google]
1437749959023.gif
2MB, 320x182px
>>124849460
Holy shit that's hilarious
>>
WHAT'S THE HARDEST YOU'VE ICK OCKED WITHOUT GETTING BANNED
>>
>>124849478
If it even comes back.
Non-pedo fork when
>>
>>124849478
He has good points for not open-sourcing his game, thought. And BYOND isn't free after all.
>>
>>124849708
Once during a wizard round I accidentally said

OOC: For real though Elim why would you even try to do a cool adminbus during wiz? You should've known everyone was going to get killed before they saw it

I got a note but no ban
>>
>>124849734
>I-I'd never make my code open-source because of
>MUH
>BAY
>BOGEYMAN
The worst part is that some people genuinely defend this train of thought
>>
>>124849734
Last I checked, his arguments were literally "I HATE EXCLUSIVE CONTENT" (which is why the latest Unity remake of SS13 is going to be closed-source), and something about communists.
>>
>>124849894
Him and goon both dont want to release it because furries
>>
>>124849708
I argued with an admin about what was actually ick in ock in ock during a round. I dropped it before it went anywhere though.
>>
>>124849708
i got OOC muted once for making a joke about fire causing major features two rounds in a row when features started happening for a third round
>>
>>124849708
I said "You're a monster" in OOC instead of say, and played it off like I was talking about Duny
>>
File: sadmusicpepe.jpg (19KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
sadmusicpepe.jpg
19KB, 228x221px
>>124841962
>>124841652
>ask for blob literally every round end
>literally
>play spessmen the whole day praying for a blob round
>get tired, leave to eat something
>get back
>there was a blob round

; - ;
>>
File: bullshit.png (118KB, 230x207px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
118KB, 230x207px
>>124849980
>furfags flock to bay
>we're not bay
>there's literally no fucking harm done to us in furfags being on bay and not here
>thanks to the code being open source, we've ported a shitton of features and bugfixes from bay
compare to
>FUCK YOU FURFAGS YOU'RE NOT GETTING MY CODE HAHAHAHA
>the repository is set four years back, but at least there are no furfags in the game!
>oh wait actually it's just that bay's furfag containment server doesn't exist now
>we actually do have more furfags now than before
>crap
>>
>>124849708
I don't think I've ever seriously ick ocked, but I once ock icked by typing out a large ahelp regarding someone having just murdered me, and accidentally said it aloud instead of sending it as an ahelp, as a posibrain.
Nothing came of it, though.
>>
>>124850227
It's funny really, worried about people who get off to anthro animals when he fostered a more degenerate fetish with things in his game.
>>
>>124850383
>Zombie children fucking corpses is degenerate
WOW THIS SERVER IS SHIT!
>>
>>124850383
>people who get off to anthro animals
gotta be politically correct with N3X listening ;^)
>>
>>124850509
furfags
>>
>>124850642
;^^^)
>>
File: yessir.png (59KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
yessir.png
59KB, 500x402px
>>124849708
>be chemist
>start distributing mindbreakers
>everyone yells at me
>get killed by a non-antag
>adminhelp
>admin says "they did right, you were an asshole and you didn't do your job"
>post a greentext talking about it on the thread
>while the round is still going
>get bwoinked by the admin, asking to delete the post
>delete it
>didn't get banned

Also

>calling another changeling a nigger in changeling chat
>he says hes not a nigger, just a celullar parasite disguised as one
>say in OOC accidently
>Oh well then you're an inferior celullar parasite, because no intelligent living thing disguises itself as a nigger
>>
File: 1447370180617.jpg (421KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1447370180617.jpg
421KB, 3000x3000px
>>124850683
>toby face
get a load of this fig
>>
>>124850858
>>toby face
Pomf what the fuck are you saying
>>
File: hang in there.gif (11KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
hang in there.gif
11KB, 408x408px
>>124850919
damn dog in undertale's got the smug NSA face
>>
>>124850691
alright, so just to be clear, shitters who don't do their jobs are valids?
>>
>>124851104
If its harming crew and station? Probably.
Botanist is doing fuckall in the bar, drinking the barman out of a job? No
Pries beating the crap out of anyone they see, heads and sec included, until more than two or three peeps are of the retard? Yeh
>>
>>124851104
Consider the following:
If they're not doing their job, what ARE they doing?
>>
>>124851473
Not their job
>>
>>124851535
no no no. Not what AREN'T they doing

What ARE they doing. non-antag antagging probably
>>
File: forcedclown.jpg (154KB, 1913x877px) Image search: [Google]
forcedclown.jpg
154KB, 1913x877px
>>124851473
>what ARE they doing?

Your mom.
>>
BEAR RACE WHEN
>>
>>124851670
wizardrounds.jpg
>>
File: ss13hos.png (301KB, 799x446px) Image search: [Google]
ss13hos.png
301KB, 799x446px
>>124851808
Here's some more movie caps from movie night.
>>
File: TIMEFORANEWEXPERIMENTLETSTRYGAS.png (332KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
TIMEFORANEWEXPERIMENTLETSTRYGAS.png
332KB, 400x595px
>Made a fully pressured flamethrower for the vines
>End up burning 2 wizards to death with it
>>
>>124851104
Lynch shitters, atmos techs and beekeepers
>>
File: spacemanbusiness.jpg (260KB, 1439x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spacemanbusiness.jpg
260KB, 1439x1080px
>>124852332
>>
how do i be the best mechanic i can be
>>
>>124798290
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHXgdtiFRNY

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: botanistborgotp.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
botanistborgotp.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
>>124852674
>>
File: Coming for that closet.gif (75KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Coming for that closet.gif
75KB, 200x200px
>>124852859
Ask probe but unlike him be pro-skeletons
>>
>>124852859
Just don't be a dick.
Literally the best way to be beloved by the whole station. Help out if people ask, and even if people don't.
And not just in game, make it a rule of life to not be a dick.
It's how I go about my days, seems to work most of the time anyway.
>>
>>124852859
We literally have a wiki for this
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/Mechanic#Upgrading_machinery
>>
>>124852859
What he >>124853074 said.

All I ever did was upgrade important machines like the cloner and chem dispenser, and help people out asking if they needed machines. And if they didn't I did whatever I felt like.

Basically everything I did for others playing mechanic was doing the things I wished people did for me when I played those jobs. I hate never getting better beakers when I play chemist, or medbay never getting upgraded when I play CMO, and so I would always rush out trauma and burn kits, adv mass spectrometers and bluespace beakers then come in with upgrades as soon as miners delivered.

Then I would spend the rest of my time destroying skeletons and raving about how our skinless foe must be destroyed.
>>
>>124852423
>implying you burnt the last wizard
>>
How do you build MK2 mechs?
>>
>>124853484
Durand is always Mk. 2.
>>
Scattershot is robust as fuck, jesus.
>>
>Mechanic
>Tcomms gets fucked
>Chatting with someone in a Ripley
>"Don't you have tcomms access?"
>Never actually tried going in there before, I do have access
>Frantically skim the wiki but can't find any info on how to save the station from HONK! hell before the round ends

For future reference, how can I easily fix tcomms script fuckery, assuming there is an easy way to do it?
>>
how do i open firelocks
>>
>>124853798
Without access you can't do shit
>>
>>124853798
middle console and remove whatever script was used
>>
>>124848724
Yeah. Each tile is 2m in spess. so get the number from the fourier transform spectroscope and divide by 2 for the radius in tiles.

That distance reading also means that when people move a tile from another guy in fears of getting robusted and whatnot and refuse to be handed anything, they're jumping 2 whole meters away just to be safe.
>>
>>124853798
Clown here, you just have to go into the server computer and set the ALWAYS to NEVER. Alternately you can just Edit Script and delete it
>>
>>124853850
crowbar
>>
>be a wizard twice in the same round
>fuck up twice
I'm sorry, crew was just too armoured and focus seems to be nerfed.
>>
>>124853850
Click them if you have access, else crowbar.
>>
>>124853940
>Prevent the clown from doing this shit once
>Think he just got lucky with access or that there's no way he'll get past the turrets
>Telecomms turn into a HONK nightmare while i'm too busy trying to fix what some unrobust plasma flooding faggot did
>>
>>124854038
>armoured
*armed, hell.
>>
The money system is a lot shittier on /vg/'s server in comparison to goon's.
Can we steal their system?
>>
>>124853891
>>124853940
Ah, that would be the computer that had been halfway disassembled. Should have figured.
>>
Reminder to not let the SS13 Fighting Game project die from self-fulfilling prophecy. We need commentary on the underlying mechanics and especially whatever sprite work you can contribute, even reskins of existing characters.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ss13fight
>>
can sec officers be antags? do loyalty implants interfere with possible antag roles?
>>
>>124854405
Yes they can be antags.
>>
>>124854372
>money system
We don't need this in first place.
>>
>>124854405
Sec can't be antags in practice so no one plays security or head roles.

It's only like a one in a million chance.
>>
Looking for a relatively high-pop server that has a good mixture of actual roleplay and chaos. Suggestions? I heard Hippie and Paradise are good.
>>
>>124854620
There was a sec officer last night that got autotatored.
He murderboned the whole station and spawncamped arrivals during lowpop because he "just likes killing people."
He didn't even take the Hotline Bundle. Just esword and crossbow like a lamer.
>>
>>124854883
He also got banned for ban evasion and being a retard.
>>
>>124855000
>and being a retard.

How?
>>
>>124855581
killed a guy for walking around maint because "NVGs are traitor items"
>>
File: I did my best.jpg (7KB, 192x199px) Image search: [Google]
I did my best.jpg
7KB, 192x199px
FREE PETE!

Pete Zuh did nothing wrong and he is a good space man who was banned because the admins a shit FREE PETE ZUH!
>>
>>124855689
did similar coming from tg to vg

its hard getting used to, on tg NVGs are nuke ops
>>
>>124857234
FUCK OFF TG
>>
>>124857297
it's just a game server, calm your autism
>>
>>124857234
>tg
>vg
B U N K E R
N O W
>>
>>124857394
just like how reddit is only a website right?
>>
>>124856882
i second this
>>
>>124857608
personally i dont browse reddit, but its just a social site like 4chan is

main difference is you need a username

its all just memeing hostilities people do, like kids with secret clubs
>>
File: 1449627791458.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449627791458.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
was literally everyone tater that round
>>
>walk into medbay
>fire everywhere
>get trapped in
>lose oxygen
>die
Good first round I'd say.
>>
>>124858773
>>124858747
simply eric!
icking in ock!
SIMPLY ERIC!
>>
>>124858773
For future reference, don't greentext your round before it's over.
If you greentext before you CAN SMELLLLELELELELELELELEE, you'll get bannu.
>>
>>124859580
They can't ban me if they don't know who I am ;^)
>>
>>124859889
janitors can see your IP and match it to your ckey
reminder that rei is a janitor ;^)
>>
>Use an ATM to unfuck my virtual wallet's shit up
>The last user didn't unlog
>3700 credits
>Rub hands
>>
Why don't we ever put a bangin' donk on it anymore?
Now it's all smelling what the Rock is cooking.
>>
>>124860095
It bangs on a donk too, you just gotta listen anon.
>>
>>124860095
Used to be smelelele always at round end and banging donk at server restart.
>>
>be complete noob
>nice vox shows you how to play

thanks lad
how to do LOOC and buckle yourself to a chair
>>
>Assdad throwing a bitchfit about people reporting bugs he was going to abuse
Top quality player
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-10+at+02.41.36).png (22KB, 203x186px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-10+at+02.41.36).png
22KB, 203x186px
There was nothing to do.
>>
>>124860385
LOOC is looc "message" in chatbar
Buckling self to chair is standing on chair and clicking on chair.
>>
File: kornheiser_magic.jpg (102KB, 621x646px) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser_magic.jpg
102KB, 621x646px
>>124860385
>be complete noob, first shift ever someone shows me the barebones of inventory system and how to botany
>second shift I'm the only botanist and a vox latejoins botanist
>he's also a complete noob and asks me what to do
>both of us trying random shit like idiots trying to figure out what to do
>he mutates ambrosia deus
>neither of us have ever seen it before
>we're the two happiest retards in the universe
>smoke ourselves to death
>>
>>124860385

http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/General_Help
>>
>>124860519
I thought it was dragging your sprite to the chair while on it to buckle, and clicking to unbuckle?
>>
>be a MoMMI
>see obvious syndicate activity in atmos
>they talk about making a bomb
>go outside of atmos to start making shit in space
>atmostech overloads me, I yell "Help!" over binary
>see syndicate card loaded
>quickly read new ruleset
>"I'm fine", I said over binary to AI who asked what was going on
>Master says to kill everyone except him
>go with an electified arm in a vent to a greyshit.
>beat that greyshit, he stands back up and runs away
>I leg it
>He calls me out, AI reacts and says that I am hostile
>plasma floods everywhere because syndicated
>game goes on for another 15 or so minutes
>killed about 6 to 12 people by flooding plasma and pressure into their area and bashing their skulls in with a crowbar
>survived until the end
Best time robusting ever.
>>
>>124860743
Either works.
>>
File: ebin.jpg (86KB, 604x533px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
86KB, 604x533px
>>124848348
I always get to reading every post eventually -- I've never even played science here. I don't get this. I don't even post anything except where someone says someone else is Terry and I don't even have any strong opinions? What do I do??
>>
>>124860385
LOOC is also a verb on the OOC tab
>>
File: 1415742083933.png (120KB, 286x355px) Image search: [Google]
1415742083933.png
120KB, 286x355px
>Doing Qm things as the QM
>Cargo Tech approaches me asking how to do his job
>The guy is obviously new at spesmans so I help him out
>Tell him how to use the console and the autolathe, send crates b mail, and to pace the trash
>Still helping him when everything is plasma
>Get him to put his mask on, just as a rouge MoMMI opens the door and sends us flying into the conveyor
>Brush ourselves off and run to escape with some other survivors, but run back to the pods as a safer bet
>Manage to cram about four people into a pod and jet off
>Make it just before I slip into crit.

It was nice to just show someone the ropes.

>>124860385
It was fun teaching you, just make sure to stop the OOC in IC. If you need help with controls and such, use LOOC
>>
>>124860770
>>atmostech overloads me, I yell "Help!" over binary
Don't say shit like that over binary.
>>
>>124861410
I had no time to say anything else, the person doing it was fast.
>>
>>124861892
You're not supposed to say anything at all.
If someone flashes you, that's their business. As a MoMMI, you're supposed to ignore them. Scuttle away if you can, but calling for help, or indeed referencing the situation in any way over binary chat is a no-no.
>>
>>124856882
Ripperoni in pepperoni "Pizza", you did your best 2014-2015
>>
>>124862486
Deadpool, with the unban lottery thing, can you only do one event? Like, if I fail the Smash brothers match, can I still try proving my robustness ingame?
>>
>>124862486
>>124862724
Ask Nuke about it, I'm busy with the SS13 fightan stuff.

Please join and give input.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ss13fight
>>
>>124861182
I was too busy welding the firelock to get the plasma to spread to you.
>>
File: god_damn_it.png (324KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
god_damn_it.png
324KB, 640x480px
<Celt> I don't know if I was clear enough in the discussion whether or not to merge it or not
<Celt> but just so we're all clear
<Celt> do not merge [6954]
<vg-status> GitHub #6954: '[DO NOT MERGE] SNOW AND SHITE [DO NOT MERGE]' - https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/6954 (open)
<Celt> grand
<clusterfack> So you're saying
<clusterfack> Merge it
<Celt> aaaaaaaaaaAaaAAaAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1423871599888.jpg (147KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1423871599888.jpg
147KB, 500x333px
REI SHOW US THE PICTURE YOU GOT OF OMEGA
>>
>>124865219
The one with the shoe on his head?
>>
>>124865307
The razor one.
>>
>>124865678
Good fucking lord... If he cut my name on to his arm, I might actually throw up.
>>
>>124845003
It's how it is on /tg/, and again, literally every other server. I don't think you people understand that when /tg/ adds a useful feature, every single server makes sure to port it over within a month of it being added. But on /vg/, you never port shit, and you're missing tons of important minor changes that snowball into a huge change. Your coders are shit.
>>
File: a lion.jpg (263KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
a lion.jpg
263KB, 960x1280px
>>124865825
It's already in the game, Pomf coded it a few hours ago
>>
>>124865926
sick meme bro, its not though
>>
File: 1376877635788.jpg (43KB, 263x280px) Image search: [Google]
1376877635788.jpg
43KB, 263x280px
>>124865790
I'd bask in his paltry desperation and have a hearty laugh.
>>
File: 2015-12-09_23-43-54.png (49KB, 1012x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_23-43-54.png
49KB, 1012x720px
>>124865990
Hmmmmm
This looks like an AI radio to me
>>
>>124866123
praise be chickenman
>>
>>124865825
Become a coder, code them and make atomic PRs.
Adding shit just because TEEGEE has it? No thanks.

>>124865990
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/commit/157b46a6dae069337ebd8bf65bc2f756be0cae70
>>
>>124866123
> AI integrated radio
hnnnnggggg
>>
File: STOP.jpg (172KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
172KB, 450x443px
>>124866107
>>
File: chukie.jpg (20KB, 641x448px) Image search: [Google]
chukie.jpg
20KB, 641x448px
>>124865825
>>124865990
>you will never be this wrong
>>
>>124866283
>Just because
Don't be stupid.
>>
File: 84758.jpg (59KB, 216x308px) Image search: [Google]
84758.jpg
59KB, 216x308px
>>124866338
Stop what, anon?
>>
>>124866395
Nice Gang mode you guys got here. Oh wait.
>>
>>124866584
D A M A G E
C O N T R O L
>>
File: weeddog.jpg (231KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
weeddog.jpg
231KB, 960x720px
Would it be possible to create a Diona deathpit from where the Diona nymphs can't escape, can't evolve, and can continuously harvest each other to keep the deathpit going?
>>
File: sarca is god.png (6KB, 638x63px) Image search: [Google]
sarca is god.png
6KB, 638x63px
VGkuks blown the fuck out!
>>
why is sacra back
>>
>>124866959
I just wish I could harvest more than three dionas
I want to use diona as a substitute for monkeys but they either fuck off and go greentide or suicide and dont get me the seeds back to make a new one
>>
>>124867314
Hippie go away
>>
>>124867332
Because you fucking retards keep acknowledging him.
>>
>>124867595
You already can, but it's getting patched out in botany3
>>
Come back, Kilkun.
>>
>>124867595
>what is robust harvest
>>
that was a good ling round
>>
Religion of peace
>>
>>124867314
>VG Station
>>
>>124867629
no I mean he is back in game
>>
>>124856882
>Pete Zuh
>"Pizza"
I GET IT NOW
>>
>>124866584
>nice mode that's as imbalanced as it is stupid

Tell us more about that insanely retarded-sounding "God Wars" mode you lot pulled out of your asses.
>>
>>124868126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cdIx-tWFug
>>
>>124869234
WHAT PART OF STOP DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND
>>
>>124869234

No, fuck off with that shit. That's some WMD material
>>
New gametype

Two wizards, each with objectives to kill the other and escape alive as the only magical being on the shuttle.
>>
>>124869234
Anon. This isn't fucked up shit. I'm in to some fairly fucked up shit. This is... In every meaning of the word, just wrong.
>>
>>124870117
>tfw have seen far worse in the world of 3D
>>
>>124870090
Pretty terrible idea, antags targeting other antags makes for a shit gamemode. That is why double agents is so awful.
>>
>>124870656
Every game modes are horrible, that's a well known fact. Everyone also has those idea to fix them and they're usually shit
>>
>>124870656
It's a great idea if it's a cabal of necromancers versus ragin' mages with the station caught in the middle of it all.
>>
>double agents
>buy a new identify syringe
>get agent ID
>buy whatever else
>put PDA in maint with a proximity bomb on it
y/n
>>
>>124871947
The PDA will still have your name on it which means whoever goes to pick it up will know it was you who made the trap.
You can see the name on a PDA even from just mousing over it.
>>
>>124871071
Why not have every round start out as Extended but with AutoTraitor not only randomly making people traitors, but wizards, vampires, changelings, etc.
>>
>>124872286
>proximity bomb
What PDA? There's just a big hole here, and the guts of whoever used a PDA pinpointer to find me.
>>
>>124872394
Antag madness, you could ask a badmin to try that once and see how it goes.
It doesn't make a lot of sense though.
>>
>>124872607
>30 minute extended then suddenly antag madness on a handful of people and just roll with it
Would be more interesting than 5 minute wizard rounds or 4 hour changeling rounds.
>>
What exactly is a sticky ban?
>>
>>124872404
They can mouse over the PDA and see who it belongs to before they get near it, dingus.
Not only that, but unless it's a Toxins bomb, it's not going to gib the person. And if it IS a Toxins bomb, it's going to draw the attention of the rest of the station, which will lead to the guy getting his head found, cloned, and then promptly ratting you out for the bombing.
>>
File: alg_man_bored.jpg (33KB, 485x338px) Image search: [Google]
alg_man_bored.jpg
33KB, 485x338px
> Double agent crossbow + C4 5 minutes in
> Then plasmafloods and bombs escape
>>
>join late
>shit's gone to hell
>break into medbay with crowbar
>steal scalpel
>stab self with scalpel 5 time in the chest
>die
Good times
>>
>>124873091
It's a special Byond feature that's supposed to work really well at keeping people banned despite those people changing their IPs/CIDs. Occasionally the system will fuck up and a sticky ban will end up banning half the server because it thinks we're all that ban evader.
>>
where the fuck is the destination tagger at round start
>>
File: 1364161599245.gif (746KB, 400x378px) Image search: [Google]
1364161599245.gif
746KB, 400x378px
>Bonglord Syllibia
>didn't say a word
>did nothing but plant ambrosia
>shocked himself twice failing to hack the vendor with wirecutters
>goes braindead

What is the point? Please tell me what is the point?
>>
>>124873149
I'd put it in a locker, actually. But that's pretty fair.
>>
>>124873412
Mailroom, slightly under a paper tray.
>>
>>124873412
In the Cargo mailing office, the small room north of the Cargo lobby with the conveyor. It's on the table on the right side of the room, underneath a paper bin.
>>
>>124873559
Steal it and mail butt pictures to everyone
>>
>>124873317
Can't you just dodge this by getting a new byond accoung, resetting your IP and resetting your OS on a virtual machine?
>>
>>124874110
You'd think, but apparently sticky bans use some voodoo magic that lets them see through that.
Ask Lummox how they work, not me.
>>
File: emoticon_0003.png (27KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
emoticon_0003.png
27KB, 128x128px
Were any of you in the ToS beta?
>>
>>124874110
Virtual machine might work. Don't know why anyone would go to the trouble though.
>>
>>124874394
Nope. I'm in the Black Desert beta, though.
>>
>>124860385
>looc
Type looc and then a message
>buckle
Click and drag your sprite onto a chair while you're standing on a chair
>>
What are your opinions on other popular servers like hippie, paradise and bay?
>>
>>124875070
Idunno
>>
>>124873178

>warn sec about the plasma
>they refused to listen
>nuke ops, they said

I feel bad for the warden who just wanted to do his job
>>
>>124875070
>hippie
Dogshit. Gruff central and admins who don't care, yet get on your ass if you get revenge on the grifflords.

>paradise
Never visited.

>bay
SSD and autism simulator. You do your job which takes 5 minutes and then either you can talk to someone or log off because nothing is happening. Even vore has more stuff going, even nonsexual stuff. Fucking Vore has more action than Bay. Avoid Bay.
>>
>>124875070
Bay is popular?
>>
File: 1302799881999.gif (196KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1302799881999.gif
196KB, 500x500px
>>124874493
>>
>>124876047
I can't tell if you hate me because you think it's a bad game, or because you want to play it and can't.
>>
File: tumblr_n0qsp4Ly5j1rlaporo1_500.jpg (63KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0qsp4Ly5j1rlaporo1_500.jpg
63KB, 500x445px
Better space rocks when
>>
>>124876543
>tfw you will never be rich enough to own a chunk of Esquel pallasite
A fucking dime-sized sliver is $100.
>>
>>124876543
when it is u who has porgramed it
>>
>>124876768
I own a big-ish chunk of Seymchan pallasite
>>
>>124876819
Jealous as fuck, all I have is gibeon iron
>>
>>124876819
Where's the best place to buy pallasite chunks? I'm only seeing slices in my cursory Google search.
>>
>>124877168
Oh, I mean that I have a slice, my mistake. I don't know where you can get it uncut
>>
>>124876819
Elim bby hit me up if you want me to sprite you some rocks
I'll even call em 'minerals' just for you
>>
>>124877242
Yeah, I'm looking for something like your pic in >>124876543.
>>
>>124876345
I've been wanting to play that game for years
>>
File: Fire.gif (2KB, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.gif
2KB, 32x32px
>>124877285
I've actually been thinking about starting a mining overhaul project with the help of nice coders. I CAN sprite, I'm getting better at it.
I recently made Celt a sprite for his snow planet stuff.
>>124877371
Your guess is as good as mine, man, I really wish I could get a piece like that.
>>
>>124877518
>mining overhaul
will it include xenoarch stuff?
>>
Welp RIP station
>>
>Okay I joined late
>Two things happen
>Observe
>"Wow I would have liked joining into this round!"
>Join
>Regardless of job, whatever it is sucks ass and is either destroyed, the center of antag attention or I end up having to do five other peoples jobs just because I have the same color jumpsuit
>>
>>124877672
Keep in mind, when I say "thinking about starting a mining overhaul project", I mean "making a bunch of sprites and a design doc and begging a coder to make it real"
I do not know how to code. The only reason changeling horror form is in the game is because I made the sprite for it and then shitposted about it in the thread for weeks until based N3X15 made it come true.
>>
> That embarrassment of a captain
> That one nuke op who basically solo'd the whole thing
>>
>>124877426
It's your lucky day, anon. The Russian open beta started recently. Don't need a Korean SSN, and it isn't completely IP-locked. There's a basic IP block to all countries that aren't near Russia, but it can be bypassed easily.

Check out http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/10/how-to-register-for-black-desert-onlines-russian-beta-test/ for how to register an account and download the game. You can find an English translation patch online as well.
As for the IP block, download SoftEther VPN, it's free. Start up the game, then use SoftEther to connect to a VPN host in either Russia or Ukraine. Go back to the game, log in, then at the server list, disconnect from the VPN.

And there you have it, full access to the game in English on a standard connection.

A lot of customization options are restricted to a cash shop, which sucks, but reportedly the NA/Europe version won't have a cash shop at all.
>>
>>124877518
I know bby, you sent me that sprite earlier.

That fire looks really good now, did you change it since I last saw it? Considering the last time I saw it it just showed every layer piled on top of each other all weird and glitchy I honestly can't tell
>>
File: fdhhhhhhhhh.jpg (17KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
fdhhhhhhhhh.jpg
17KB, 200x196px
>>124877916
The captain had no problem with people running around using hand teleporters
>>
>>124877771
>Late join
>Walk into office
>Nuke goes off
Well what was I expecting?
>>
>>124877916
>That sec team that thought it was heist because of the vox op
>>
>>124877916
>captain was assdad
>expecting anything different from people who only play to get antag
>>
>>124877959
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>>
>>124877975
I changed it a little, but not too much.
There are also sprites for 3 other levels of fire of varying degrees of dead, an unlit firepit, and a burned out firepit.
>>
>>124878039
I thought that guy was banned
>>
File: Fluorite2.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Fluorite2.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
I have a strong desire to post more minerals.
>>
>>124877916

I was the captain. I had four mousetrap grenades in the box with the disk but for some reason they didn't activate
>>
>>124878151
I believe he was only antag-banned, and it expired anyway.
>>
File: CUPRITE.jpg (53KB, 750x693px) Image search: [Google]
CUPRITE.jpg
53KB, 750x693px
>>124878167
Really all I'd want out of a mining overhaul is realistic ores and maybe pretty gems you could get for little to no reason.
Basically just an excuse to make a whole bunch of cool new sprites.
>>
>>124878167
Post some minerals that have a combination of black and orange.
I need some Halloweenie minerals.
>>
File: Naica_08.jpg (93KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
Naica_08.jpg
93KB, 800x537px
>>124878167
crystal cave gate destination when?
>>
File: goofore.png (226KB, 969x949px) Image search: [Google]
goofore.png
226KB, 969x949px
>>124878367
never forgetti
>>
>>124878367

I would like gems that you can use to give emitter beams special effects, if you screw them into the emitter's maint panel

For example, add one crystal and the emitter EMPs, add another and its beam becomes invisible, add a different one and it gets a spreading beam
>>
>>124878151
he was, but unfortunately it wasn't a perma. It was like a three day thing.

He still threw a shitfit all over the forum and the thread for the entire duration of the ban
>>
File: Cacoxenite.jpg (257KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
Cacoxenite.jpg
257KB, 650x433px
>>124878390
>>
File: one for my homies.jpg (36KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
one for my homies.jpg
36KB, 480x270px
> Went in alone first to take out tcomms
> Someone shows up on the fucking sat teleporter
> Quickly shoot them down before they teleport back to station and out us
> He had a hand teleporter
> Grab it, take his shit to perfect my disguise
> Teleport on station, head to tcomms, take them out, teleport back to sat with the hand tele
> As soon as we meet up on the solars someone fixed the comms, we all rush the disk, some nuke ops are pretty new and kind of get lost
> Locate the captain, ded him, grab the disk and activate the nuke
> Only three of us make it back onto the shuttle
>>
>>124878367
I feel like you're setting yourself up for disappointment because you won't be able to get the tiny little details on the various minerals
>>
File: tumblr_ntm6ohlDbV1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg (199KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntm6ohlDbV1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg
199KB, 1280x1280px
>>124878390
How's this?
>>124878497
FUCK YOU I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT EXACT PICTURE
>>
>>124878275
maybe they only activate in satchels, not boxes.
>>
File: Cacoxenite2.jpg (56KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
Cacoxenite2.jpg
56KB, 600x496px
>>124878582
HAVE SOME MORE NIGGA
>>
>>124878482
Or one that summons hostile mobs.
>>
File: tumblr_nwi870RiCy1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg (246KB, 1024x907px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwi870RiCy1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg
246KB, 1024x907px
>>124878482
Ooh, that's a good idea. I like that.
>>124878582
By the way, I forgot to mention, both that one and the one in this post are Spessartine
No I'm not kidding
>>
>>124878275
P O W E R
G A M I N G
>>
>>124854764
actual roleplay and chaos don't mix anon
>>
>>124878791
Is that some synthetic shit? It's too much like fake bismuth to be natural.
>>
>>124878582
That's the shit, man. Yeah. That's what gets me going.
>>
>>124878685

You could be right. Will look @ kode when I have time
>>
File: Spessartine.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Spessartine.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: tumblr_nknqi0m0Rg1qgzn5jo1_400.jpg (89KB, 394x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nknqi0m0Rg1qgzn5jo1_400.jpg
89KB, 394x600px
>>124878912
100% natural
Just like this pyrite
>>
>>124878793
Not even him, but who cares so long as he at least tries to keep the disc under protection even after death (despite failing)?
>>
File: Rhodochrosite.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rhodochrosite.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>
File: tumblr_nwmude0Oem1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg (351KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwmude0Oem1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg
351KB, 1280x1024px
>>124879165
God I love rhodochrosite
Also do you just save the stuff I post in /v/ threads?
Good on you, mate
>>
>>124878989
I've been your threads before and know that based pyrite grows in cubes but never seen that kind of spessartine before.

Blows bismuth out of the water.
>>
>>124879058
For the same reason why you can't just polyacid all the head jumpsuits, it's POWERGAMING
Additionally it's gay as fuck because as far as I know there's no way to empty a mousetrapped box without activating the bomb inside, so there's fucking nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>124879319
Holy shit, are you the geologist guy from /v/ that posts in all caps?
>>
File: tumblr_ne88yillFA1tt8afro1_1280.jpg (256KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne88yillFA1tt8afro1_1280.jpg
256KB, 1024x682px
>>124879330
Fucking everything blows bismuth the fuck out
Fuck that fake ass piece of shit
>>124879458
Indeed I am
Try to keep it a secret in the threads
>>
>>124879437
We're talking about a disk that can annihilate the station that the captain's sole purpose is to protect, not some tator knickknacks.
>>
File: Sugilite.jpg (582KB, 1280x1804px) Image search: [Google]
Sugilite.jpg
582KB, 1280x1804px
>>124879514
Wow, I know a real celebrity.
But yeah, I got my mineral folder started because of you a few weeks ago.
>>
>>124878560
>>124878367
With Xenoarch there's SOME geology in it, as each digsite type is surrounded by different types of rock as you are excavating, like igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary, metallic alloys, space debris, hydrocarbons, etc.

It's basic, but maybe adding gems with special effects to House digsites as small artifacts would make them more interesting than the one stop chloral autoinjector shop that they are now.
>>
File: tumblr_ndwq8hbFEW1rlaporo1_1280.jpg (71KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndwq8hbFEW1rlaporo1_1280.jpg
71KB, 720x900px
>>124879657
Glad I could help out, man. Go a step further, start an actual mineral collection.
>>
>>124879657
Haha man that was my reaction too when i found out Elim was rockman.
>>
>>124879598
>it's not just an antag objective, it's also an antag objective!
You're supposed to keep the disk safe. Putting it next to an armed bomb isn't very safe.
>>
>>124879723
I will once I get enough disposable income.
Only thing I have right now is an amethyst that I can't remember where I put.
>>
File: fukang_187-2.jpg (336KB, 1260x1180px) Image search: [Google]
fukang_187-2.jpg
336KB, 1260x1180px
>>124879704
My only problem is that it triggers me that sedimentary and metamorphic rocks exist in asteroids.
There's virtually no way to do that in nature.
>>
>>124843851
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/6956
>>
File: Tourmaline.jpg (1MB, 1671x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Tourmaline.jpg
1MB, 1671x1181px
>>
>>124879905
Gravity, possibly water/other liquids..
>>
File: Microcline.jpg (303KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Microcline.jpg
303KB, 1280x1707px
>>124879905
Perhaps the asteroids are actually chunks of a planet that got blown apart by NT for some reason or another.
>>
>>124878793

What's funnier is he (assdad) went up to one of the stealth-ops in the bar, examined him and saw he had on jackboots and prescription glasses, then did this.

[22:24:34]WHISPER: Assdad211/(Khloe Dickinson) (Bar - 137,138,1): you look very convincing.

[22:24:37]WHISPER: Assdad211/(Khloe Dickinson) (Bar - 137,138,1): almost had me fooled.

[22:24:44]SAY: Terry Watson/Helptripper (@138,138,1) As Sol Common : W-..

[22:24:46]SAY: Terry Watson/Helptripper (@138,138,1) As Sol Common : What?

[22:24:50]SAY: Khloe Dickinson/Assdad211 (@137,142,1) As Sol Common : Shh, terry.

[22:24:52]ADMIN: Socachaca/(Facefuck The Mime) checked antagonists.

[22:24:52]SAY: Kayahi/Exxion (@139,140,1) As Sol Common : Hm?

[22:24:53]SAY: Khloe Dickinson/Assdad211 (@137,142,1) As Sol Common : Just enjoy the drinks.

Highlight of that bit:
>[22:24:52]ADMIN: Socachaca/(Facefuck The Mime) checked antagonists.
>>
>>124879905
But Elim
The asteroid is a manmade structure. It's got floors much like the rest of the station.

They probably just grabbed a chunk of a nearby dead planet and propped it up onto the asteroid zone as they were building the station. It explains why there's dangerous alien artifacts on the asteroid, too, if it was a planet that killed itself off somehow.
>>
File: glaucophane25809a.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
glaucophane25809a.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
>>124880376
That's actually a fair explanation.
>>124880138
Yeah, but nowhere near enough pressure for metamorphics or clastic and cementation processes for sedimentaries.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (65KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
65KB, 800x530px
>>124880570
I've looked around and it seems that you can buy pallasite blocks, they just seem to be a lot less common since the seller can get more sales by slicing it up.
I found this one for sale for $3500.
>>
File: s1.jpg (187KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s1.jpg
187KB, 640x480px
>>124880961
>3500
Oh god that's a lot but if I had the money I would absolutely buy that.
God damn that looks nice.
Fucking pallasite, how can something be so goddamn pretty AND be from space?
>>
>>124880570
I just remembered, Elim.
The field gen for Xenoarch has the settings for sedimentary/igneous/metamorphic rock because baycode, but not used for any digsites.

They're in the code though, but the asteroid we have just has meteorites, crystals, fossils, and metallic chunks/alloys.
>>
>>124881084
>>124880191
Man that Microcline is beautiful are their any other minerals with similar coloring?
>>
>>124881084
Elim is it gay to say that I want to cuddle with you while you tell me all about neat rock facts
>>
File: HOLY FUCK.jpg (257KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY FUCK.jpg
257KB, 1200x800px
>>124881110
So it's basically just like they're machines that have uses that aren't applicable on the station.
I actually really like that, makes them feel believable.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (238KB, 1320x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
238KB, 1320x1600px
>>124881084
This one's up for $17000.
What I like about pallasite is that it's a mineral that actually LOOKS like something that came from space.
>>
File: LabradoriteAMD.jpg (330KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
LabradoriteAMD.jpg
330KB, 1024x924px
>>124881258
How does this labradorite work for you?
>>124881273
Yes, that's a little gay. I'd tell you about rocks and shit but minus cuddling.
Let's just hang out and get a pizza or something.
>>124881378
When I first learned about pallasite I didn't believe it was real until I saw a piece with my own two eyes.
Also where are you finding these, I'd be interested in browsing wherever they are.
>>
File: Malachite.jpg (101KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
Malachite.jpg
101KB, 640x469px
>>124881258
Closest thing I've got is malachite.
>>
File: tumblr_nd1k44L0UB1sjr8bdo1_500.jpg (29KB, 352x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd1k44L0UB1sjr8bdo1_500.jpg
29KB, 352x750px
>>124881481
>>124881258
Or maybe this chrysocolla
>>
>>124881664
I wanna lick it.
>>
File: 1201%20(9)[1].jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1201%20(9)[1].jpg
54KB, 600x450px
>>124881481
Ebay, actually.
Searching for pallasite brings up a fuckton of results, and you can search for "pallasite block" to find the few results that aren't slices.
Pic related isn't as impressive as the other two, size-wise, but it's only $560.
>>
>>124881481
Thats a nice Lab its like staring into space, Strong colors too.
>>124881558
Malachite aint bad, I had something with black and blue in it. Great for contrasting colors.
>>
>>124881558
I want a really nice bathroom done in that.
>>
>>124881664
It looks like soft-serve ice cream.
>>
File: tumblr_nsbxkazKfq1qbe766o4_1280.jpg (377KB, 721x581px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsbxkazKfq1qbe766o4_1280.jpg
377KB, 721x581px
>>124881795
Enjoy paying a gorillion dollars
>>
>>124881283
Oh yeah, and all the non-digsite spots run as Silicon in the Fourier Transform Spectroscope if you use the core sampler on a rock wall.

So all that red on the asteroid without ore/digsites is supposed to be a metric fuckton of silicon.
>>
>>124881935
How many gorillions are we talking about?
What if I just get a really nice jacuzzi made out of it?
>>
File: Realgar.jpg (71KB, 555x467px) Image search: [Google]
Realgar.jpg
71KB, 555x467px
This one looks kind of like strawberry Jell-O.
Also holy shit there's a 10kg chunk of pallasite on Ebay for forty thousand dollars.
>>
>>124882091
A chunk of Malachite at that quality and about the size of your hand costs 1500 dollars
>>
File: tumblr_nwi3zuQ25a1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwi3zuQ25a1sh1wnzo1_1280.jpg
138KB, 800x600px
>>124882012
[triggered]
That doesn't even make any sense without heavy hematitic content and even then it'd have to be either entirely iron or iron ore or sedimentary which I've already said wouldn't work unless it was some sort of planetary fragment.
Plus, unless they meant something like silicon dioxide, you can't just have straight silicon.
I should stop getting so autistic about video game rocks.
>>124882091
What >>124882229 said. Plus, malachite is relatively soft. It might be cool to make a tub with a ring of malachite around it behind plexiglass or something.
>>124882192
Finally, someone posts the absolute best mineral.
Seriously, realgar is the fucking best.
It's Arsenic Sulfide, or AsS, and is poisonous.
I have a small piece of it that I bought for $150.
>>
File: Cuprusklodowskite.jpg (303KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cuprusklodowskite.jpg
303KB, 1600x900px
>>124882229
Would it be cheaper to get malachite tiles of the same mass?
Does it cost more if it's in one large uncut chunk?
>>
>>124882363
>00
ITALIANITE
>>
Do these occur naturally?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_crystal
>>
File: Magnetite.jpg (43KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Magnetite.jpg
43KB, 720x540px
>>124882363
>and is poisonous
Can you handle it without gloves?
Are you fine as long as you don't lick it?
>>
>>124882381
Dont really know theres no market for Malachite Tiles. It is cheaper to get it in smaller chunks though. But the only listings for decent sizes are over a grand and all the other ones are about 20 millmetres across
>>
File: realgar2inset_large.jpg (285KB, 625x480px) Image search: [Google]
realgar2inset_large.jpg
285KB, 625x480px
>>124882480
It's really unlikely but possible, theoretically.
>>124882536
You can handle it without gloves but you should probably wash your hand afterwards.
And yeah, don't lick it.
It causes organ failure if you're not careful.
Also, it doesn't do well with light, you gotta keep it in the dark or it decays to something called pararealgar, which is the same chemically but has a different crystal structure and looks shittier than realgar.
>>
>>124882363
>malachite is relatively soft
Like deform-it-with-your-bare-hands soft?
As long as it's not so soft you'd damage it by walking on it, I don't see why it couldn't be used as a flooring.
>>
>>124882363
Well I assume it's meant to be an umbrella term for silicates on the asteroid, so maybe it's all just supposed to be red jasper, or something.
>>
File: Wulfenite.jpg (73KB, 750x653px) Image search: [Google]
Wulfenite.jpg
73KB, 750x653px
I should have gone to sleep an hour ago but instead I chose to post minerals.
I regret nothing.
>>
File: Spodumene-tmu62b.jpg (730KB, 1225x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Spodumene-tmu62b.jpg
730KB, 1225x1800px
>>124882691
No, I mean in the Mohs Hardness sense, it's around a 4, which is soft enough to be scratched by metal.
So if you had it exposed you'd probably scratch it all away by accident over the years.
That's the reason that there are a lot of pretty minerals that don't get used as gemstones, because they'd just get scratched away by wear and tear.
>>124882854
Either way it makes no sense
>>124882879
Thanks for being here, it's like being about to post minerals at twice the speed
>>
File: Stibnite.jpg (868KB, 1200x999px) Image search: [Google]
Stibnite.jpg
868KB, 1200x999px
>>124882938
Does wulfenite really form like that in nature? It looks like it's embedded in rock, but it's got a shape like it was intentionally cut for jewelry.
>>
>>124882938
>>124882879
Hey guys what the rarest/Most expensive mineral?
I watched a video that said its probably Naturally occurring pure Platinum
>>
>>124883070
Looks natural to me.
You'd be amazed at what forms naturally.
For instance, this aquamarine
>>
>>124882938
Most of Xenoarch makes no sense. It's just a bunch of slapped together code that's like 8 years old that nobody dares touch, so the coder probably wanted it to look like SCIENCE to clueless people playing a video game but didn't research it themselves.

Thanks, Bay.
>>
File: Spangolite.jpg (91KB, 736x491px) Image search: [Google]
Spangolite.jpg
91KB, 736x491px
>>124883123
Well, painite is the rarest, but I think red diamond is more expensive due to being desired for jewelry. Painite might cost more to a museum or something like that, though.
>>
File: Painite-255206.jpg (74KB, 534x600px) Image search: [Google]
Painite-255206.jpg
74KB, 534x600px
>>124883123
Native platinum is up there, but the rarest is probably something like Painite.
There are only like 25 pieces known to exist.
Not sure if that correlates to a high price, but it's almost certainly appreciable if it's actually being sold anywhere.
>>124883225
If I could actually code you can bet I'd do my best to make the asteroid scientifically accurate
>>
File: BoulderOpal.jpg (93KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
BoulderOpal.jpg
93KB, 500x503px
>>124883296
It looks like a tree stump full of gore.
Fits the name.
>>
>>124883296
It looks like 3rd degree burns.
>>
File: Grandidierite.jpg (189KB, 1623x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Grandidierite.jpg
189KB, 1623x1800px
>>124883296
>>124883283
Cool, google also mentions this stuff, Grandidierite.
Talk about real fucking pretty
>>
Anyway it's been fun but we should probably call it quits with minerals, it's time for new thread.

NEW THREAD
>>124883520
>>124883520
>>124883520
>>124883520
>>
>>124883296
I'd like to see that, too, but I can see the random generation of all the minerals to be scientifically accurate making lobby setup take forever and being impractical.
>>
>raging mages
>go stealth wizard
>entire time dead chat whines about me being stealth
>keeps crying I'm playing like traitor with jaunt
>one whiner gets picked as next wizard
>dies in few minutes
>continues whining about me going stealth
>few other wizards get picked and all die soon after arrival
>the same guy whining gets picked second time
>he dies again moments after arrival
>keeps whining I'm stealth
ayy lmao

It's like being wizard shuts down their higher brain functions. ME WIZARD, ME KILL OR DIE
>>
>>124883725
It just ain't very wizardy of you to hide instead of blasting an orchestra of crackling aether in everyone's faces.
>>
>>124880212
I STILL DON'T GET THIS.

Stealth ops?? What was convincing?
Thread posts: 837
Thread images: 135

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.