[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 785
Thread images: 214

File: 2015-11-30_00005.jpg (319KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30_00005.jpg
319KB, 1920x1200px
Cocklord Edition

Previous ded: >>123784996

The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Space Engineers, GMod, Starmade, Robocraft, From the Depths, Machinecraft, Corneroids, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, GearBlocks, Factorio and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q [Embed]

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>Trailer: [YouTube] Besiege Alpha Trailer

StarMade Steam Trailer
>[YouTube] Official Starmade Trailer

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

GearBlocks:
>http://www.moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Factorio:
>http://www.factorio.com/

Robot Arena 2:
>http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>http://www.zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/
>>
New [BLLUUUUEEEEE] video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMlkOt66OKU
>>
>>123998652
>New [BLLUUUUEEEEE] video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQlZweKNBjo
>>
File: 2015-12-01_00003.jpg (262KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00003.jpg
262KB, 1600x900px
>looks like ordinary freighter
>can actually launch fighters

TACTICAL GENIUS
>>
>>123999668
That's not tactical genius. Tactical genius would be an ordinary fighter that can actually launch freighters.
>>
Best mods for Besiege?
>>
>>124000919
Besiege has mods?
>>
>>123999668
that's easy.

A freighter that can shoot its cargo with a gravity gun, however...
>>
>>124000961
I assumed so, there was that one anon a while back that made the mach 1 steam car with non-vanilla wheels.
I think
>>
>>124000843
CREEEEEEED
>>
File: Vertical.jpg (300KB, 1258x881px) Image search: [Google]
Vertical.jpg
300KB, 1258x881px
Here's a tall showpiece fighter.
Armament of:
2x128mm cannons
4x23mm machineguns
>>
File: 2015-08-21-2029-52.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-21-2029-52.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>123997550
Precision spin blocks have done strange things in the past.
>>
Is there not a way to use antennas without the annoying name icon? I want to be able to control drones far away without my screen being filled with names.
>>
File: 1448725570564.jpg (95KB, 651x652px) Image search: [Google]
1448725570564.jpg
95KB, 651x652px
>testing my ork ram ship in survival
>find a mining hauler
>perfect target
>position my ship 1km above the hauler
>ram that fucker with 30m/s
>crash through the roof
>extend pistons
>activate landding gear on the pistons
>both ships are attached
>time for boarding
>enter the mining hauler through the armored prow of my ship
>on my way to the cockpit
>[muffled clang in the distance]
>shit hits the fan
>pistons explode
>landing gear explodes
>both ships start spinning like hell
>the hauler breaks apart
>my ship gets completely obliterated

the power of clang is truly horrifying
>>
>>124005316
Rename the antenna in the control panel and just delete all the letters so it shows up on the control panel list as a blank spot, I think that will help
>>
>>124006058
But that can be seen by other players. I want them to not be seen.
>>
>>123999668
https://youtu.be/D-XVWSBGTjE?t=1421
>>
>>124003981
What mod are these rails from and do we have them in Warbros?
>>
Whenever order is made, a greater quantity of disorder must be made elsewhere.
Entropy.

Aliens have mastered this art, creating vast levels of order at the expense of firing quantum packages of disorder, 'clangs' to other galaxies.

Clangs typically occur in ordered structures, compensating for previously made order by turning said structures into junk heaps.
>>
>>124007447
>Whenever order is made, a greater quantity of disorder must be made elsewhere.

I don't know about that, what if you have a cloud of gaseous sodium ions encounter a cloud of chloride ions and make a nice cubic salt crystal?
>>
>>124005126
Literally who even cares about your shitty ass game but the 3 people who play it - all of whom post their "COOL" webms of them doing fuck all in this thread.

Get a life you fucking nerd.
>>
>>124007773
You form an ordered halite structure, releasing heat as a form of disorder.
R-right?
>>
Asking about reshade again, is it work using? Keen's shaders are pretty hopeless.
>>
>>124007773
That's not how chemical reactions work, anon
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdQJi-UwYs
>>
>>124008070
Correct even if it's not how you make crystals
>>
>>124009881
Forgive me anon, this is my first year doing crystals.

Now, imagine you make a crystal except instead of producing heat you produce CLANG
>>
>>124009717

I know that's not how actual chemistry works, it's a ludicrous thought experiment type situation.

What about polymerisation? All those unrestrained small monomers joining up together into a giant macromolecule, surely that represents a decrease in entropy?
>>
File: Space train.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Space train.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
This is my cargo train.

It has full funcionality of the cargo containers and each car is linked to the next via a 3 dimensional articulating join with advanced rotors and conveyors.

Each of the wheels are turned sideways because I'm using them as sliders with a suspension with the friction turned all the way down.

This introduced a problem that whenever I tried to decelerate, the cars would pile into each other.

Ingenious solution is to put cockpits on either side and use inertial dampeners to pull away from the front engine car giving tension to the whole train.

It stays completely straight when you want it to, goes over very rough terrain, can climb mountains, and it undulates with the land so you're riding with the land instead of against like most long vehicles.

It travels up to 100 km/h oh very flat ground and in the mountains will chug away at 30 on rough even ground. She slows down to 20 when summiting large mountains.
>>
So, Ced, the utility tethering, that's going to be done one-way through a laser antenna, or an analog to one?
And then you'll need a specific block to do such a thing somewhere in your ship? Will either of these need to be attached to the conveyor system? What size are each of these estimated to be?

>>124011312
>absolutely 0 dakka
Max would be disappointed, anon.
>>
>>124011601
This was my 2nd prototype so im learning how these things handle and how to build a beast ass one before I start on a large block land train that can house refinerys, assemblers, mining ships, and welding ships.

Eventually I want to be able to drive my home anywhere I want, with the defensive capability of a large base that you would lose mobility with.

The scariest base is one that you can't find unless you want it to be found.
>>
>>124012125
The scariest anything is the thing you can't find until it wants you to.
>>
File: SE_gwing.png (683KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SE_gwing.png
683KB, 960x540px
decided to rebuild one of my old fighters.
added oxygen support, changed rockets to reloadable type.
>>
>>124011235
No. Entropy is energy becoming unexploitable. You have to think that we currently can only transfer heat because there are differences across the medium. Once the system reaches total equalibrium, it´s all neat and orderly, but you also have maximum entropy - and can´t do shit. 1 liter of hot and 1 liter of cold water have lower entropy then 2 liter of mixed water

A system which is exists solely out of a bunch of polymers has realtively low entropy. Once they bonded, you got maxinum entropy and your own personal heat death of a universe. Nothing will ever happen in that system again.

It´s also being speculated that reversing entropy would effectively reverse time, since it´s the one vector time has. Literally everything can decrease, increase, or move in multiple dimensions. But entropy, entropy can only increase.
>>
>>124011235
Nope, if it's a non spontaneous reaction you're giving energy to make it happen so you're doing work and therefore dissipating energy through heat and increasing entropy, if the reaction is spontaneous it dissipates heat and once again increasing entropy. Systems in nature always try to achieve a state of higher entropy one way or another: when you're tiding up your bedroom you are working and your body is generating heat, that heat is making the molecules in the air move thus creating more disorder from your ordering actions.
>>
>>124007447
I wish every snowballing power sandbox game had entropy involved with "leveling" and resource acquirement.
>>
File: SE_CubeIII.png (719KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SE_CubeIII.png
719KB, 960x540px
>>124013610
also I finished the main functionality of my Cube ship. interior might get some TLC later, but the main operating deck is pretty much done.
>>
File: 3025 Overlord.gif (30KB, 530x717px) Image search: [Google]
3025 Overlord.gif
30KB, 530x717px
Since I'm late to the party.
To that guy who was asking what everyone's eventual autism goals are:

Gonna land on Arrakis in STYLE. Also with a mobile artillery platform what happens to carry tanks and mechs and aerospace fighters.
>>
File: Hlv_msg.jpg (32KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
Hlv_msg.jpg
32KB, 300x384px
>>124014447
reminds me of the Zeon dropships from Gundam
>>
File: 1442190853040.png (102KB, 213x216px) Image search: [Google]
1442190853040.png
102KB, 213x216px
>>124005993
>pistons
>Landing gear

what did you expect?
>>
Thanks to the helpful anon who told me how to hydrogen rockets. Now I just need to get to Mars.
>>
File: bestgod.jpg (81KB, 350x550px) Image search: [Google]
bestgod.jpg
81KB, 350x550px
Just got SE, how do I into it?
>>
>>124015838
check some tutorials online, then mess around in creative to get a feel for building good ships.
then you can move on to survival
>>
>>124014869
Might've been part of the inspiration. Or vice versa.
>>
>>124015838
play some of the tutorials
load up a map and survive
build shit for material harvesting
then build shit creatively with purpose and distinction and with love and heart
>>
>>124016337
>>124016364
>tutorials

Doing them right now, also I've got a friend to play with me tomorrow, any way to spawn together?
>>
>>124016715
you should spawn near each other by default.
make a faction with your friend so you don't shoot each other with your automated guns
>>
>>124013958
>But entropy, entropy can only increase.

In a closed system. We see local decreases in entropy all the time - all it takes is external energy. Time certainly doesn't move backwards when that happens.
>>
File: Cargonia.jpg (97KB, 1024x520px) Image search: [Google]
Cargonia.jpg
97KB, 1024x520px
So, who here is working on models for underground bunkers in SE?
When it comes to blaneds, the only truly effective defence will be to remain hiddenand 7000m is plenty of depth I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QoDJUQmcE
>>
Is the faction leaving not working fixed ?

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD
>>
>>124018607
Interior building with large block is kinda shit in spengie because we don't have compound blocks desu senpai.
>>
>>124018607
it's not like there's heat, EM, seismic, etc. indicators to reveal your location. 150m is fine
>>
>>124019532
>tfw no heat, EM, seismic, etc. indicators
>>
File: 2015-12-01_00001.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00001.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>beginning work on new design for drill
>notice shape of structure I'm making
>might as well paint it and turn it on
>>
>>124020768
>implying this wasn't intended
>>
File: 2015-12-01_00002.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00002.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>124021217
It really wasn't, but after placing the first thrusters and see what I had done, I had to finish it.
>>
>>124011601
>So, Ced, the utility tethering...

Source grid needs:
- a tether source container
- a tether uplink (mod-specificlaser antenna derivative)

Sink needs:
- a tether uplink
- a free cargo container of any size

It will makes a lot of sense to have that container hooked up to your conveyor system if you want to make use of the translocated goods. :^)

>>124018914
This is a very keen issues. I wish I had the magick wherewithalls to fix this. I don't. You must be spiders until Midspace adds a tool into SEToolBox. I asked him about it. No response yet.

Here is one thing I am going to do, though. I will make EVERY member of SPID a leader. Hopefully that will allow you to kick people, including yourself. All I got left at this point.
>>
File: 2015-12-01_00004.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00004.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>124020768
Swastikas are the peak of /egg/ineering

Anyway I'm about to try pic related, I feel like it's a good idea but will also probably explode
help
>>
>>124021663
So the antenna itself doesn't need to be conveyor'd, and will be essentially a 1x1x2 laser, coolness. Thanks.

>>124021851
How do you plan on moving the bit down? I see your plans for extending the line, but how to you add that extension to the thing?
>>
File: preload_world.png (466KB, 950x563px) Image search: [Google]
preload_world.png
466KB, 950x563px
>>123998406
Warbros Server status: Appears relatively stable, still waiting on premium serbian option.

To join us, follow these instructions:

First of all, you need to get into the access group. To do so, add/msg this guy:
> http://steamcommunity.com/id/ced23ric

To save some loadtime, preload our mods. Subscribe the to collection here:
> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375603526
There is a preload world which is also part of the collection (offline, creative) which you should start once to prod all mods to download: > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=529237944
You can also use that for offline blueprinting and build it on the serbian later. I don't care if you want this server to be vanilla, it won't be. It's a shitload of mods, but they have been weighted and tested and they work. Half of them are tweaks and visual shit (no beacon glare, for example) anyway.

WARNING. 1.5GB OF DATA. COURIER PIDGEON INTERNET BEWARE.

You will be invited to a group called "Warbros Space Engineers". That group works as a whitelist. Only people in that group will be able to join the server. That is so I can control better who has access and we don't get unwashed pubbies.

Quick rule overview:
- Don't be a dick.
- Keep builds below 3000 blocks for main installations, ideally below 1000 for anything else.
- Stop grid spam. Every thing you build is a calculated physics object that eats performance.
- PvP is opt-in between two (or more) consenting parties. Period.
- Only one drill per player. Take the Large Ship Earthbreaker, it's a good drill. Why? Drilling kills the game for everyone. Simu speed drops like a mad cunt with too many drills.
- Keep Welders/Grinders to a minimum. Not talking about your average small welder with 8 Compacts, but avoid grind/weld platforms.
- Talk to me if you have issues. Don't just shitpost on /egg/, talk to me.
- Message me about people fucking with your shit.

1/4
>>
File: f0gc6do.png (530KB, 845x776px) Image search: [Google]
f0gc6do.png
530KB, 845x776px
>an ayylmao just spawned inside my base
>>
File: wbsserbfaq.jpg (265KB, 1822x685px) Image search: [Google]
wbsserbfaq.jpg
265KB, 1822x685px
>>124022536
Some general stuff:

READ THE FAQ (pic related) AND SAVE EVERYONE SOME TIME. I need to update this. Days are 3h now, for example.

- Server is running in Survival-10-8-8 game mode.
- You are encouraged to make your own faction. Buddy up with someone, make things happen.
- Warbros faction will not hold your hand. We'll help if you are conveniently close and can spare the time/resources, though.
- The server will have some QoL addons, such as the helmet mod. Read the description and understand it. Protip: Turn off the glass reflection, set the shadow scale so there is no shadow and deactivate delayed movement.
- Another is Chat History. Type /ch to see the last 50 messages typed in /global. Might help with catching up. Keen broke scrolling, though.
- Also, Build Info, which gives you information about blocks you're placing, such as airtightness. Turn it on/off with /buildinfo in /global chat.
- There's three respawn ships, the Sparkies. It has all you need to survive, some mats, beacon, solars, nuke reactor, refinery/assembler, air. Spawn in one of those and set out to meet the cold void. Keep in mind that Sparkies cannot land on planets because lol thrust. One of them can hover above the Moon and Europa, though.
- The server is set to autosave every 15 minutes. There are no manual saves. Expect crashes and reboots. Backups are made daily.

You might want to grab the Warbros UI, too. See through menus and generally improved visibility and an increased G Menu size.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375575227
I run it with the yellow font pack.

Offline raidfags, pls go. You are butts.

2/4
>>
>>124022046
Well I just realized I forgot to slap thrusters on it anywhere so it's currently trying to flail around like a dying animal (still intact though which is nice)
the idea is to stay merged to the line while using the welders on the other grid to make the next stage, then maneuver (usually down, gravity helps) to link up with the newly constructed merge block farther down and repeat the process. Landing gears or wheels were somewhere on my list of things to try and stabilize better.
Arc/Refinery and Assembler can supply materials for the rail if the ore veins have enough iron
Can probably slim it down quite a bit, main issue is where all the ore ends up since storage is limited and weight can be an issue to get back out of the hole

tl;dr I don't actually know what I'm doing
>>
File: sparkies_collage.jpg (1MB, 2700x1680px) Image search: [Google]
sparkies_collage.jpg
1MB, 2700x1680px
>>124022739
Pic related are the three Sparkies you can pick from. Combat has less production and materials, but more guns and armor, also afterburners, miner has less sustained power and materials but a drill and an oxygen generator, solar has the most parts and is the most sustainable of the three.

When the server crashes - as in, "host has left the game", and it wasn't an announced reboot, help out by giving me some sort of summary of what was going. If you were online, please describe in detail what you were doing as it happened.

e.g.:
>Started to grind a 1x5 ramp block
>Crashed my new fighter into my main cargo hold
>Fired 50 gravgun projectiles at Joe, fuck Joe, I am glad he's dead.

This might help finding the reasons for crashes and do something about it.

Also don't jump the ATeam bus. Any vehicle with wheels will crash the server on using jump drives.
And when you place shield upgrades (Flux Coil, Capacitor), place them on the generators. If you place them elsewhere, shit crashes.

See you in space.

Planned features:
- Premium serbian hopefully soon. Then 20 slots and higher simuspeed.
- Planet modding hopefully soon. Then "Arrakis", a desert planet. Friendly autist is making it.
- It will be full PvP inside it's grav well. Yes. No rules, all PvP allowed, no protection, no persecution.
- Economy system hopefully soon, which will use "Spice", which can only be mined at Arrakis and traded at a special trading station in orbit.
- Weapon rebalance soon, with engagement ranges of 1200m and up, a varied yet balanced loadout of weapons and a shitload of toys for the upcoming PvP world. Planned ammunitions: http://pastebin.com/1cYmkeEh
- Tethering system soon, for short range ore/component translocation. Enjoy your remote miners and autonomous weld drones.

3/4
>>
File: wbsserbshields.jpg (397KB, 933x889px) Image search: [Google]
wbsserbshields.jpg
397KB, 933x889px
>>124023070
Last and least, pic related is the shield rebalance for our server, as a step towards the weapon rebalance. Keep in mind that I may have made retarded there on the upgrade modules for large ships, but I will iron that out.

4/4
>>
ReShade anon, what settings are you using? I grabbed it but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
>>
>>124018607

I've been digging a bunker out of the side of a mountain. Not 7km deep, but deep enough that I can shrug off asteroids and bombardment
>>
Server will be going down for maintenance in 5 minutes. Don't hate the player, hate the Keen.
>>
File: laughing efficiency whores.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
laughing efficiency whores.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>2015
>not using all sides of the crankshaft
>>
File: YtFgG8U.png (69KB, 598x83px) Image search: [Google]
YtFgG8U.png
69KB, 598x83px
I AM ANGRY
>>
>>124026198
see
>>124025651
>>
>>124026198
holy shit ced warn us when you take the server down :^)
>>
>>124026161
The game doesn't register the bottom ones as being connected, does it? Or did that change with the engine updates?

I haven't played FtD for a while but I'm pretty sure it was specifically top and sides but NOT bottom that worked.
>>
>>124026364
New engines, everything is different.
>>
>>124020768
Efficiency at its maximum, However. It really needs some port holes. So that the miners can drill out of the side.
>>
>>124026839
>industrial nazi space bradley
Holy shit yes
>>
>>124023238
Speaking of shields and tethers, how about a shield projector allowing ships to share shields?
>>
File: 2 girls 1 crankshaft.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2 girls 1 crankshaft.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Started as a joke when I realized that I hadn't used *every* side of the crankshaft. Then I saw the output and decided to slap some enormous radiators on it and see what happens. 5x5x5 cube produces around 2.5k power, but doesn't take too kindly to being revved up quickly. I could see a couple of these stuffed into corners in a sizeable ship being able to provide for the basic continuous energy needs like shields and propulsion, or one of these powering a decent-sized bomber.
>>
File: 2015-12-01_00006.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_00006.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>124021851
Followup: this thing is too goddamn heavy and even the lighter version didn't work out so far
>>
>>124028275
Way beyond my capacities, anon. The only thing I can think off would be a long-range landing gear that you can use to tether a ship, which would then make it share your shield.

In other words, my god, the clang.
>>
Server is booting up.

I made every member of SPID a leader. See if you can kick yourself and/or others. Running out of ideas with this faction shit.
>>
>>124028604
I was just thinking it might be done the same way since I've seen shield inventories containing "shield regenerating" and figured that that item is generated by the shield and consumed when the grid takes damage.
>>
File: 2015-12-01_02 14 06.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_02 14 06.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
My decision to do my first campaign playthrough entirely using submarines may have been ill conceived.
>>
>>124030094
Shielded subs are pretty much invincible for DWG and OW. If I had to guess, I'd say you're fighting DWG right now, so you should be doing fine. Put shields everywhere and try out supercavitating cannons, they're pretty fun.
>>
>>124030094
>giant pink & purple underwater dildo
>>
File: SpoopySpessSpoders.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
SpoopySpessSpoders.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Alright, my new PC parts came in, I put it all together and have it running linux temporarily.

Does anyone know how I can get windows 7? Or is 8/10 actually ok?
>>
>got game during 50% sale
>feeling confident about building small fighters in creative
>decide to try survival
>start in a temp lander
>get out of seat
>die
>try to respawn in temp lander
>die instantly
>repeat until pile of ded engie
>restart
>manage to land the lander on the surface with nothing lost this time
>realize I don't know how to effectively prospect for ores
>realize I haven't practiced much with systems outside of the tutorials

So does strapping a ore detector to a kart work well for finding planetary ores?
>>
File: save the environment.jpg (609KB, 1260x1792px) Image search: [Google]
save the environment.jpg
609KB, 1260x1792px
Are you taking notes, greenpeace?
>>
>>124035456
Fuck the environment.

Show me your belts.
>>
>Well, its been about a week
>After the last update and all the time Keen has had to work on blanets, I'm sure my drivers will have stopped crashing from looking at voxels
>Update SE
>Launch
>Load new world
>Asteroids
>Loading
>Loading
>Lel drivers crash

Thanks Keen. Looks like my space engineering days are done.
>>
REST IN PIECE SERVER :(((((((
>>
Server just crashed. Working on it.
>>
>>124033964
10 is basically the goto for games now, with DX12 being just for it, and the drivers optimized for it as well.
100 shekels from the MS store
>>
>>124037218
Any way to still claim that free upgrade?
>>
>>124037153
Booting back up.
>>
>>124037376
if you have a legit or appearing legit copy of 7, 8, or 8.1. you will get a prompt after running and installing your windows updates should be good until august next year I think
>>
>>124037218
>>124037587
I thought that 8 and 10 had a bunch of compatibility issues when it game to games?
>>
>>124037867
8 was fixed with 8.1
10 seems to be fine about a month after launch.
>>
>>124037867
Probably linked to people with old destitute cards and new drivers didn't support them properly.

Otherwise it's fine.
>>
>>124035323
Wheeled vehicles dont work very well for anything except maybe hovercraft

To make a hovercraft set all the wheels to zero friction/power, disable steering and propulsion, then use thrusters to propel yourself
>>
>>124037867
8 is trash because it's optimized for tablets/other touchscreen devices. Any and all functionality for conventional PCs is secondary.

10 is probably okay BUT it has a built-in keylogger that sends your inputs to Microsoft. Seriously, look it up. Turn that shit off pronto.
>>
>>124037587
If I get the upgrade, will I have to set up all my programs and preferences again?
>>
>>124038181
the keylogger was only in the beta program for data collection. that said, I agree to turn off as much tracking shit as possible.
>>
>>124038203
no it should all carry over fine. the one big thing I recommend is grabbing your windows 7 key from the registry files, sometimes the install fails and you can't go back without the key.
there should be tutorials online.
>>
>>124038502
I got my product activation key right here, but thanks. Unless you mean something else.
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (3MB, 4300x4000px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
3MB, 4300x4000px
>>124035778
How about a full base image instead?
>>
>>124038653
that's the same thing. keep a hold of it in case.
>>
Any of you play on a creative server or no?
>>
>>124035456
>>124038695
did they ever give you the option to play without enemies just fucking your shit up?
>>
>>124039310
Peaceful mode makes it where ayys won't attack you unless you attack first.

Or you can just turn their spawn so low that you never find them.
>>
>>124039310
That option has always been there, although I find that it's very difficult to get your shit fucked up by the enemies.

You can set them to peaceful, so they will only attack in self defence, you can lower/remove the amount of enemies on the map, or you can build a couple ofsome guns and never ever have problems again because they're weak as fuck.
>>
File: Clangman.png (12KB, 274x141px) Image search: [Google]
Clangman.png
12KB, 274x141px
>>124040604
>although I find that it's very difficult to get your shit fucked up by the enemies.

>He doesn't play /egg/torio
>>
>>124040604
I remember the only way to get rid of them was to set the difficulty to peaceful but you had to walk around as your character and place shit manually. I ragequit a couple years ago because 2 enemies destroyed my whole camp because I hadn't built any guns whatsoever because mining resources with no purpose scratches my autism in just the right spot
>>
>>124039571
I'm fairly certain he was using non-vanilla wheels.
>>
page 10
>>
egg have a space engineer server yet? playing this by myself just isn't fun and I don't have the autism to build a decent looking base by myself
>>
File: deepsadness.jpg (11KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
deepsadness.jpg
11KB, 236x314px
>>124048134
wat

>>124022536
>>
File: autism.png (733KB, 1308x1307px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
733KB, 1308x1307px
autism
>>
File: 1447632538676.png (113KB, 247x274px) Image search: [Google]
1447632538676.png
113KB, 247x274px
Hey skubfriends

I made an offline world using the "Star System" template and I have yet to encounter a single pirate. I started on the Terran planet and I did a check using Space Master and found that there are actually zero fucking entities outside of what I've built personally. Is this intended? Did I do something wrong in the settings? I have pirate drones enabled, what am I doing wrong?
>>
File: 86sqNBX.gif (196KB, 500x150px) Image search: [Google]
86sqNBX.gif
196KB, 500x150px
>>124014447
So. Having taken a look at as many reference pictures and the Union class dropship that some one built in vanilla Spengies;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554163669

I have this to say. This autism project is going to take for-fucking-ever. Do not send help, this madness is mine and mine alone.
>>
File: modtism.png (138KB, 1920x1032px) Image search: [Google]
modtism.png
138KB, 1920x1032px
>>124050271
>>124050705
Autism can create great things, anon.
>>
File: 1431524272068.jpg (32KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1431524272068.jpg
32KB, 500x374px
>>124051995
>xml
>>
>>124053321
>lua
>>
>>124050271
>someone already fucked up my possible bar design
Yeah nah I'll wait for the next station iteration
There really needs to be some way to temporarily mark where walls are gonna be.
>>
File: siliconebutt.jpg (100KB, 491x652px) Image search: [Google]
siliconebutt.jpg
100KB, 491x652px
>talk to modeler
>make deal for a set of models and textures
>p gud deal, 100 bucks for 20h work
>buddy discount
>"ai yo cool dis is gonna set off dis retarded thing i bought"
>"ai yo wat u buy"
>"it dont matter"
>"no tell"
>get pic related linked
>mfw
>"ai yo fug how much was dis"
>"nooooooo"
>"tell me"
>"pls noooo"
>"well now im even again"
>mfw
>"ids still in apan doe"
>MFW

So, yeah, gonna get some sweet-ass models to go with the weapons pack.
>>
>>124056564
Just tear my shit down senpai. I just wanted to get more hallway done so we could have a little more elbow room to branch out from.

Speaking of branching out, my next project is the Clang Labs. Gotta have somewhere where we can perform CLANG-tier experiments without risking the safety of the whole station. I've already started it but I gotta call it a night. Atmos is gonna be a bitch to set up in that thing.
>>
>>124058028
But tearing shit down takes so much damn time. And I would have to tear down over half of it to make the nice curving hallway.
Build a toxins right next to it. We'll need the bombs.
>>
>>124058015
Uh can some translate this? I'm not very good with ebonics.
>>
>>124058015
>thought it was a sex toy
>realize it's just a mousepad
Now I'm kind of disappointed, honestly.
>>
>>124058015
In other news, the 29 ammo magazine definitions are also done.

>7.62x51mm
- Mag of 20, small conveyor

>20x102mm
- Box of 200, small conveyor

>25x137mm
- Box of 150, small conveyor

>50x198mm
- Box of 60, small conveyor

>Beam Emitter Capacitors
- 500 shot capacitors, small conveyor

>40mm Chem Rail Slugs
- Box of 25, small conveyor

>80mm Chem & Mag Rail Slugs
- Box of 10, small conveyor

>36mm Swarmer Rockets
- Box of 20, small conveyor

>200mm Rockets
- Box of 4, large conveyor

>400mm
- Box of 1, large conveyor

>120mm, 152mm 230mm, 410mm AP/HE shells
- single shells, large conveyor

>130mm, 200mm, 300mm Flak shells
- single shells, 130mm small, 200/300mm large conveyor

All these are balanced for volume/mass against one another. Later on, when I do the blueprints, the recipes will come in 1x and 10x, so you can quickly assemble/disassemble the ammunition rather than sitting there for 500 years to make 20 rockets. Stuff like the 120mm and 130mm shells will go a lot quicker than a 410mm shell, though.

>>124058165
>>124058935
See, she was kinda of skirting the issue, but when she showed me that THIS mousepad is what she bought ("But it's the only one of that that uses high grade silicone! And they are limited edition!"), I felt like I had purchased that mousepad myself. I thought I share the story.
>>
>>124014447
Looks like the capsule Corp ship from dragon Ball z
>>
is it possible to remove the convert to ship button? Every time I see it I have visions of my base melting into the ground
>>
File: 1380874511142.gif (876KB, 230x145px) Image search: [Google]
1380874511142.gif
876KB, 230x145px
>>124059051
If only it were so simple.

Damnable corners are going to vex me all night.
>>
>>124058995
Anyone objecting to integrating this into the weapons mod?
https://soundcloud.com/ced23ric/hev-suit-ammo-depleted
Rather than the dead man's click.
>>
>>124060005
If so, put in the mechwarrior "Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal."
>>
>>124060005
>Not implementing shit like that as a 1 in 1000 chance to happen, making people shit their pants
>>
Whats the best map in your opinion? I really want a zero grav map so maybe asteroids?
>>
>>124060112
I would love to do that, but there is no "turn grid on" sound. It's a combination of all blocks playing their starting sounds. :/

Otherwise, it would have the shutdown and all other appropriate sounds.

>>124060142
There's no chance I can make happen there. But, I will look into checking whether I can do some magic using Keen's wave system. If I can't, I'll have it there as it were. How often does one run out of ammo anyway. :^)
>>
>space cash never
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxVmYXr-s0
>>
Is there a guide to starting completely from scratch on a blanit in spengies?
>>
>>124060386
Completely unrelated I know but has anyone played undertale? Any opinions? The music sounds really fucking good.
>>
>>124060386
>you will never have lodes of spacemone
>>
>>124060990
Vanilla?

>Take Lander
>Make sure thrusters are on
>toggle ship on and off
>turn off EVERYTHING that consumes power except for thrust
>land safely
>make new station
>transfer essential blocks from Lander
>grind down Lander
>hunt for materials
>remove ayy
>build hydrogen ship
>escape blaned
>be in spees again
>find uranium
>make ion thrusters
>be whereever you want to be

>>124060998
Soon, fellow spengie.
>>
>>124061245
Nah, not Vanilla, the Warbros mods turned on.
Trying to learn everything.

Mainly landing the starting ship, is it even possible without crashing it?
>>
File: 1401282098585.jpg1.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1401282098585.jpg1.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>124060994
>>
>>124061379
You need atmospheric thrusters to land on a planet with atmosphere, the default sparky might crash land on the moon and survive but you aren't going to take off again. About 6 small or 2 large should let you land in atmosphere.
>>
>>124060331
You'd also need separate sounds for getting in a ship when everything is positively fucked
>>
>>124061379
Are you on the server? Then, no, neither Sparky can land on any planet without ripping itself. The Combat Sparky can hover on the moon, though. It's the only place without atmosphere but gravity, so ions work full power.

But to land in atmosphere, you need 8 small/2 large T1 atmos. And you might need more power to use them.
>>
>>124061497
No bait, I haven't seen it discussed on 4chan, is it considered fur shit or something?
>>
>>124061590
you're trying too hard and goddamn I'm still replying
>>
>>124061590
got me to respond
>>
File: before-aftercrash.png (972KB, 1069x947px) Image search: [Google]
before-aftercrash.png
972KB, 1069x947px
>>124061563
>2 large
assuming your sparky doesn't weigh in at 570k kg anyway
>>
>>124030094
I actually hadn't used shields at all. I noticed that basically the only shit the DWG use hat can even hurt submarines is aircraft. What turned out to be a problem is those fucking chickens.
>>
>>124061379
You need either hydrogen to atmospheric thrusters.

Go learn what a newton is and figure out how much thrust you need to slow down enough to not crash on the surface.

Don't forget atmosphere thrusters only work fully when like, 5 km from the surface or closer, before that they taper down quite fast.
>>
>>124061626
>>124061643
I'm serious, my boyfriend was the first person to recommend it and I don't browse /v/
>>
>>124062710
Please stop.
>>
>>124063105
I'm serious
>>
File: 2015-12-02_00006.jpg (249KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00006.jpg
249KB, 1920x1200px
Does storing my plens like this have a high clang potential?
>>
>>124063232
Turned off, with blast door blocks as landing gear, stationary, in gravity? Decent choice.

Mag Lock plates + stationary platform + turning ship off also works flawlessly for me.
>>
So guy playing the new FTD, can you make separate power systems now? Like dedicated engines just for une system?
>>
>http conceptships dot blogspot dot com

Guys this blog is a gold mine

and for some reason 4chink thinks it's spam
>>
File: greatwebsite.png (72KB, 1919x978px) Image search: [Google]
greatwebsite.png
72KB, 1919x978px
>>124063901
Blogspot is on the spam watchlist.
>>
File: thing.jpg (454KB, 1800x837px) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
454KB, 1800x837px
>>124064097
was working for me, well i'm gonna try to dump some of this art
>>
File: cannonthing.jpg (396KB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
cannonthing.jpg
396KB, 1800x1013px
>>124064501
>>
File: carrierthing.jpg (279KB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
carrierthing.jpg
279KB, 1800x1013px
>>124064590
>>
File: rocketthing.jpg (186KB, 1800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
rocketthing.jpg
186KB, 1800x1013px
>>124064692
>>
File: tallshipthing.jpg (477KB, 1800x1009px) Image search: [Google]
tallshipthing.jpg
477KB, 1800x1009px
>>124064775
>>
File: idon'tevenknowthing.jpg (377KB, 1800x935px) Image search: [Google]
idon'tevenknowthing.jpg
377KB, 1800x935px
>>124064868
>>
File: fishthing.jpg (296KB, 1800x919px) Image search: [Google]
fishthing.jpg
296KB, 1800x919px
>>124064964
>>
File: bigthing.jpg (355KB, 1800x1106px) Image search: [Google]
bigthing.jpg
355KB, 1800x1106px
>>124065057
>>
>>124050271
Press F2 for complete res screenshots
>>
File: coolthing.jpg (288KB, 1800x1085px) Image search: [Google]
coolthing.jpg
288KB, 1800x1085px
>>124065159
>>
File: coolpilotthing.jpg (313KB, 1800x637px) Image search: [Google]
coolpilotthing.jpg
313KB, 1800x637px
>>124065265
>>
File: coolthingsbeingcool.jpg (593KB, 1800x3240px) Image search: [Google]
coolthingsbeingcool.jpg
593KB, 1800x3240px
>>124065350
>>
File: othercoolthing.jpg (382KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
othercoolthing.jpg
382KB, 1800x1000px
>>124065427
>>
File: bluething.jpg (333KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
bluething.jpg
333KB, 1800x900px
>>124065524
>>
File: whitething.jpg (432KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whitething.jpg
432KB, 1600x1000px
>>124065603
>>
File: 13_00166.jpg (57KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13_00166.jpg
57KB, 1920x1080px
>dimensional submarine never

Feels bad man
>>
File: chromething.jpg (118KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chromething.jpg
118KB, 1600x1200px
>>124065693
>>
File: bestship.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bestship.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>124065726
>he doesn't build one with jumpdrives
>>
File: rescuething.jpg (317KB, 1750x953px) Image search: [Google]
rescuething.jpg
317KB, 1750x953px
>>124065782
>>
File: things.jpg (346KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
things.jpg
346KB, 1800x1200px
>>124065726
how about a load of jumpdrives sequenced so one start after the other all teleporting a small distances forward and enough of them so as the last one jumps the first is already recharched and ready

>>124065876
last pic
>>
File: 13_00133.jpg (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13_00133.jpg
71KB, 1920x1080px
>>124065806
>>124065995
I think I'm just gonna put the jump drives onto the torpedoes
>>
>copy that hovercraft keen's twitter posted
>turns out it runs flawlessly
>it runs shiny and chrome
cant argue with a vehicle that literally breaks the speed limit without mods and can survive a direct impact with a wall and bounce off and keep driving
>>
File: Yamato.png (989KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yamato.png
989KB, 1280x720px
>>124065726
>a huge fucking WW2 capital battleship flying around in space never

uchuu senka-n~ ya-ma-toooooooooooooooooooo~
>>
>>124066227
Aww yeah anon. We tried that on the Serbian. It's good fun. Keep in mind though that wheels make your speed display in kph, not m/s.
>>
>>124066560
a shame we ramped it off a cliff and broke it
its out last mobile craft, we cant afford to lose anymore
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00002.jpg (145KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00002.jpg
145KB, 1600x900px
>>124065726
>>124066216
>>124066405
>tfw building ships from yamato 2199 in spengies is a huge pain in the ass

Man we need a good beam cannon mod
>>
>>124066216
>torpedo
>*teleports behind your ship*
>*explode inside your anus*
>*pssh* nothing personal kid
>>
>>124066712
Well, you're doing a good job.
>>
>>124066717
>>124066216
Keep in mind that jump drives must be manually operated - blocks can't interact with jump drives.
You'll either need a pilot on board the torpedo when it's launched, or a medbay that allows one to spawn-midflight.
>>
File: 1427374.jpg (105KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1427374.jpg
105KB, 792x792px
>>124067245
>You'll need a pilot on board the torpedo when it's launched
[muffled WAAAGH! in the distance]
>>
>>124050271
That's not how you take a screenshot.. THIS is how you take a screenshot.
>>
Guys, I need a bradly fighting ship.
>>
>>124069113
It needs more armor
>>
>>124068778
I don't ss13, but assume the glowing red orb is the dreaded singularity.
What's preventing the eggstation from hosting multiple singularities?
Can you toss one singularity into another?
Cheers /egg/, we're approaching christmas. Enjoy an /egg/nog
>>
>>124069210
Steel or Aluminium ?
>>
>>124069113
But can it scout?
>>
>>124069271
Yeah, that's the singularity alright. Sure, you can have two singularities if you know what you're doing. You can have as many singularities as you want really.

Whether one will go into the other.. I'm not sure.
>>
File: this was going to be so.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
this was going to be so.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>124069434
But its a transport.
>>
>>124069210
Thicker armor is a reactive measure, We need to think proactive.
>>
Little update from the modding front.

I managed to finally get my disablers set up so you can run the upcoming weapons mod with, with some or with all mods that the pack taes parts of. While the modpack disables several blocks from other packs, it will not require those packs to be present. And if you prefer the original behaviour, you can always move those packs above my creation.

Name will more than like be: "Warbros HVLR Arsenal Pack", High Velocity / Long Range.

>>124069495
>>124069567
See, now that it looks like it's a combat vehicle, I feel like it needs some oomph. Something to take out the other guy before they can shoot us.
>>
>>124069434
>>124069495
What we need is to stick a turret on it with a bunch of optics.
>>
>>124069631
>See, now that it looks like it's a combat vehicle, I feel like it needs some oomph. Something to take out the other guy before they can shoot us.
We could give it missiles.
>>
>>124069639
Give it some anti-capital ship missiles, too!
>>
File: allthemissles.gif (839KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
allthemissles.gif
839KB, 500x360px
>>124069702
>missiles

>tfw waiting for this moment the entire time
>>
>>124069271
>>124069475
When two singulos merge, one eats the other and gets bigger, creating a sizeable explosion in the process.
>>124068778
>dat red tiny mini-singolo
Get a load of these engineers.
Go big or go home.
>>
>>124069883
It's what happens when you set particle strength at 0, which is safe cause it's been up for over 4 days now kek, sometimes it'll grow bigger to purple but that doesn't last long.
>>
>>124069883
I think somebody attempted double lord singuloth yesterday on the /vg/ server, it did not end well.. thankfully I was too busy being a MoMMI on the derelict station, shit's comfy.
>>
>>124067245
Manned torpedoes is just even more Japanese.
>>
>>124070051
KAMIKAZE NIPPON ICHI BANZAAAAAAAAAAAAI
>>
>>124069920
>keeping singulo at stage 2
Just let it grow to stage 3 then turn accelerator back to 0 and make sure the singulo don't drop to stage 2. That's when you get the most energy from it. Might even let it grow up to stage 4 although it "might" escape the containment field.
>>
>>124070161
Nigga does our station LOOK like it needs energy? We have like reinforced plasma solars, a thermoelectric generator and a singuloth.
>>
Out of curiosity. Does anyone care to have more ... handheld weapons for spengies?

Thinking about pistol, assaultrifle, small rocket launcher. Mhmm.
>>
>>124070239
You can never have enough energy.
Besides, you'd better have a separate power grid for dem emitters to keep the field up at all times.
>>
>>124070362
Yeah who knows, I'm not a mighty builder myself, I've been expanding the atmos network that others have started, reaching and functioning properly all the way to Medbay now. All that's left is to hook up R&D, Central Primary Hallway, the Arrival Shuttle, Mining Dock and Materials Processing.
>>
File: fuckyoupoly.png (2KB, 294x50px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoupoly.png
2KB, 294x50px
>>124070362
>>
File: 1413055437320.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1413055437320.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>http://fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/polls.php?action=showresults&pid=227
>land vehicles are ahead of optimization and AI overhaul
>>
>>124070290
Would be cool, probably won't be used much though
>>
>>124071721
Well.

I'd change how players spawn in. Give them pistol, some ammo, a welder, a grinder, a drill, an oxygen and a hydrogen bottle.

Assault Rifle and Rocket Launcher need to be built. The latter uses 36mm rockets, like the small ship swarmer type.

Applications: Assault Rifle removes Ayys/Players faster, Rocket Launcher allows limited anti-ship capabilities. Pistol is just a holdout item so you are not naked.
>>
>>124070290
shotguns and sniper rifles when
>>
Is Serb down? can't connect keep on getting Server host has left the game
>>
>>124071703
>land veichles
>terrain more spiked than a heroin user
wh-what
>>
>>124071958
>check serb
>log still written
>5 players still online
>saves are being made
>try to log in

Will report back.
>>
>>124072119
... yeah cannot join either. Time for some maintenance!
>>
>>124072195
Thanks for checking :D
>>
serb when?
>>
File: file.png (344KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
344KB, 640x544px
>>124070290
spinfusors when
>>
File: VGN.jpg (321KB, 683x875px) Image search: [Google]
VGN.jpg
321KB, 683x875px
>>124070290
>>124073585
Not worth worrying about I think, handheld weapons are used so little.
Ship mounted guns are always preferable.
>>
>>124071703
There needs to be a damn terrain overhaul before vehicles can become feasible. You would be stressed to find a single hectar of land that has an inclination of less than 10 at any point on the entire planet.
>>
File: gottagofat.gif (864KB, 464x260px) Image search: [Google]
gottagofat.gif
864KB, 464x260px
>>124073750
[VGS]
>>124073825
have you tried the mars poles yet? those + speeders = all the fast
>>
File: reee2.jpg (564KB, 1273x994px) Image search: [Google]
reee2.jpg
564KB, 1273x994px
>>124072921
Server is booting back up.

- Reboot because derp.
- Set many medbays to no onger be shared with all, or in case of the Space Loners, "share with faction"
You will still have to set all your other shit to "No Share". Go into the control tab, Shift-A, and set the sharing accordingly.
- Reduced many 50k beacons to 2.5k - Only you can prevent beacon fires.
- Activated dampeners on a few strewn ships.

Should be available again shortly.

>tfw never playing for long because always doing something else

>>124073750
Well, Keen shot me in the fucking foot with that idea anyway.

>want to make rifle fire 20 shots then reload
>try to find the reload settings
>find nothing
>but how does burst cannon work
>how does reloadable launcher work
>poke
>poke poke poke
>mfw Keen are extreme double niggers
>mfw bursts and reload time are derived from a weapon's RoF and the model's dummies for barrels
>mfw a 5 burst cannon needs 5 barrel dummies and a relatively low RoF
>mfw I cannot adjust other weapons to be burst other than those which have matching barrel dummies in the model
>mfw is pic related
>>
>>124073953
How does Keen ALWAYS manage to invent ways of making things more complicated than they need to be, yet ALWAYS make it result in less options for everyone else?
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00052.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00052.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
>>124073953
you need extra dummy points on models? thats quite easy senpai, i can make models with as many dummy points as you want

i cant texture or actually make them into mods for shit though

im leviateinn, i work with misaka, we made this wheel mod that i never released because im not happy with the wheel model
>>
>>124074216
Kind of sounds like SS13 except with SS13, the more complicated it gets the more choices there are.
>>
>>124074218
Making dummies is easy, correct. But for many of these items, I do not have the source files, so I cannot crack them open, add my dummies, and seal them again.

Ideally, I would need a tool that can look into *.mwms, replicate existing barrel dummies with ongoing numbers to whatever amount I need and then seal the *.mwm again.
>>
>>124074425
install the mod sdk senpai, it comes with all the original .fbx and the .xml and .hkt files they used to compile them
>>
>>124074587
You are telling me things I already know and do - the desolver uses those files. But I do not have the source files of xXxNightShadowRougexXx's Ultrablaster 5000.
>>
>>124074761
>xXxNightShadowRougexXx
Please tell me this is a made up name. PLEASE.
>>
File: 2015-11-29_00001.jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_00001.jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
>>124074761
make a better one (^:
>>
>>124074913
I played WoW for 3 months, got a sticky for writing macros, and xXxNightShadowRougexXx asked me for a macro that would pick the right spell for him so he just had to smash a single button.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
Is the anon who used Reshade still here

if so can you give me your settings
>>
>>124074986
Please tell me it's a made up story.
>>
>>124074986
I fucking hate lazy macroers, macros should be used to improve your play, not nearly automate it.

Shit like
/targetfocus
/stopcasting
/cast Counterspell
>>
>It's okay
>SHIT
>no connection with server
rip
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 633x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 633x473px
>>124063224
Fine, I'll bite.

I have played Undertale. I consider it very enjoyable, with its strongest points being its music and its character writing. The game is a very simple RPG in the vein of Paper Mario or Earthbound, with the "gimmick" being bullet-hell sequences during the enemy turn. The game is short, about 6-8 hours, which is good because there are multiple endings to explore. I consider it very much worth the $10, and reccomend playing "blind" without looking up more about the game.

Furshit because the game asks you to interact with monsters instead of always killing them and the internet gonna internet. The other controversy is how rapidly the fanbase has swollen. The game itself isn't intentionally Tumblr-bait *in my opinion*, but it had a lot of people from Homestuck involved (the creator Toby Fox jokes about living in Andrew Hussie's basement making music for both), and the timing was just right to see the game explode at release.

There. These opinions are my own and do not reflect those of the /egg/ community. If you want to know more check one of the six threads that are always on /vg/.
>>
Ced had some problems with a welder i think
>>
>>124076186
>be at moonbase
>Invalid left a weldship attached to the central grid
>it's the copy he made of my Z25
>8 welders on
>weldbox projector on
>still connected to moonbase, hovering on it's weakest thrust, filled to the brim with parts
>different faction
>cannot get in
>ask Dark-Knight from Moon faction to hop in and turn it off
>he flies into the welders 15 times despite meticulous insturctions on how to take a seat in a cockpit and pressing a single button
>give up after Dark-Knight gets his dick stuck in vacuum for the umpteenth time (and nearly kills me in the process)
>Ctrl-X the Z with admin tools
>remove the entire moonbase because connected grid :^)
>SHIT
>hit reboot like a Chris Brown hit Rihanna before the autosave happens
>>
>>124076436
I see, I thought something blew up and went horribly, awfully wrong
>>
>>124075146
http://puudotsh/lEg3R/6b68e99680.zip
i got u senpai
>>
>>124076614
The disappearance of moonbase is rather horrible.

>>124076675
>that hole in the moon surface

Also, I tried your puush and I have to say: I am but an idiot. I can't get it to werk. I mean, I see all the options. But selecting that preset does nothing. What am I missing?
>>
>>124076436
Remove moonlaggers
Aquire sim speed
>>
>>124076787
>tfw get gunned down, physics'd, or otherwise brutalized every time I spawn at moonbase
>>
>>124076883
Are you friendly with them?
>>
>spawn at moonbase
>what a nice slideshow
>>
>>124070290
At least a Rocket Launcher.
>>
Are you able to increase player health ced? Might be a work around for deadly walking.
>>
>>124077465
>see this for spiders

<Name>Space_spider_black</Name>
<Model>Models\Characters\Wildlife\SE_spider_black.mwm</Model>
<DeathSoundName>ArcBotSpiderDeath</DeathSoundName> <LoopingFootsteps>true</LoopingFootsteps>
<PhysicalMaterial>Spider</PhysicalMaterial>
<Mass>100</Mass>
<MaxHealth>20</MaxHealth>
<LootingTime>45</LootingTime>

>check players
>no health stat
<Name>Default_Astronaut</Name>
<Model>Models\Characters\Astronaut\SE_astronaut.mwm</Model>
<Mass>100</Mass>
I can make you fatter. Thanks Keen.
>>
>>124022536
I was in that group, but got kicked because I couldn't play.
:(
>>
>>124070362
Actually, I'm planning on testing the viability of several unorthodox power supply methods once I finish the Clang Labs.

>Get a space carp
>Trap it on a treadmill generator using force fields
>Trap a corgi next to it in a glass cage
>Carp constantly runs against the treadmill trying to reach the corgi
>????
>Profit?

>Build collectors like a singulo setup
>Collectors collect radiation from the singulo and turn it into power
>Just surround the collectors with uranium walls and floors instead
>Hook up to SMES
>Test to see if it produces power
>>
File: thumbs up 4.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up 4.gif
995KB, 257x194px
>>124076675
Thanks
>>
>>124078049
Everyone got kicked when the server went up for a test phase. You can reapply, no barriers.
>>
serb crashed? or is it just on my end
>>
File: 31iEB.gif (2MB, 313x239px) Image search: [Google]
31iEB.gif
2MB, 313x239px
>Buy space Engineers.
>Can't continue on the 3rd Tutorial because of a known glitch.
>Say fuck it and join a server.
>Start mining and get glitched out and stuck within the asteroid.
>Finnaly manage to dig out after 5 minutes of fucking around, flying a few miles away from the asteroid.
>Start wondering what the fuck the point of playing is.
>>
serb is kill
>>
>>124078426
yes
>>
File: stone.png (919KB, 911x782px) Image search: [Google]
stone.png
919KB, 911x782px
I know I'm out of practice with Factorio when this seems like a perfectly reasonable mining method.
>>
>>124078314
Oh, I'm still friends with cedric, I'll message him when he stops playing.
>>
>>124078592
I am literally sitting here waiting for your message, with a throbbing erection and quivering lip.
>>
>>124077768
>make astronaut fatter
>jetpack can't lift astronaut against gravity
>no way to increase jetpack thrust
At least that's what I expect will happen.
>>
>>124070816
>tfw playing on the slavstation
>zero fucks given about shit like this
Feels khorosho.
>>
File: 2015-05-05_00001.jpg (204KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-05_00001.jpg
204KB, 1440x900px
>>124078439
>join a server
You fucked up, start in single player creative, then single player survival, then maybe warbros

Always check the youtube channel for machinery information and maybe tutorials.

Multiplayer is fucked.
Don't expect moving parts to be precise or reliable.
Planets are laggy in most cases.
This is not minecraft, it's not well documented, it updates all the time, and the solutions won't jump at your face.
>>
File: wheels.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wheels.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
what the kek
>>
>>124078867
>slavstation
What are you doing to yourself man, also how do slavs even play SS13

DA, I WILL NOW BEGIN CONSTRUCT OF ENGINE SINGULARITY
>>
>>124078461
what

why
>>
>>124003981
Upload it to workshop please, looks great!
>>
>>124079292
I honestly completely forget how do anything. I just want the stone on one side of the belt. I'm sure it'll come back to me.
>>
New helicopter.
>>
>>124080171
video?
>>
File: madmax.png (235KB, 959x1080px) Image search: [Google]
madmax.png
235KB, 959x1080px
Please join us on this great mod's comment section.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566967879
>>
>>124080369
what the...
>>
>>124080447
It's max and it's mad. Make it known.
>>
>>124080540
That shall be done
>>
>>124080245
I'm still fiddling with the cannon. Will do though.
>>
>>124078990
>DA, I WILL NOW BEGIN CONSTRUCT OF ENGINE SINGULARITY
Pretty much like this. Spiced up with the need to translate/make up names for shit, especially stuff like meds and certain machinery. With announcements/descriptions/interface in general in english mixed up with russian in the chat window.
And since it usually was an rp serb, shit's often got ridiculous to the point when you had to PRETEND that warning about supermatter going boom soon was in russian.
After playing a couple of rounds on a non-slav serb, I was struck with a realization of how little we care about safety, whether it's the safety of the entire crew or even the personal safety - both are completely disregarded by an Ivan that thinks he knows better. And the funniest thins is - he's usually right about that.
>>
>>124080369

Revolver Ocelot
>>
Do wheels still explod at high speeds like pistons/rotors because Lel grids?

Considering putting some on industry mothership for landing and shit.
>>
If I skip the campaign for Factorio will I have any clue what I'm doing?
>>
File: 2015-12-02-1816-05.webm (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02-1816-05.webm
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>124076787
>>
>>124081571

Jesus the webm of your cursor moves more smoothly than my real cursor does
>>
>>124081473
No.
>>
>>124079564
Thanks anon!
Give me a bit to wake up and I'll throw it up there and then post up the link.
>>
>>124081674
Well shit
>>
>>124081735
The first 3 only take a couple minutes each, and then the "new hope" ones are pretty useful.
>>
>>124081779
>>124081735
Campaign's pretty fun anyway.
>>
File: xIOL9PI.jpg (721KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xIOL9PI.jpg
721KB, 1920x1080px
>>124081571
That's a nice background you got senpai
>>
>>124082042
I made a challenge out of trying to repair the broken shit to how it was set up before the destruction, it was interesting.
>>
>>124082049
Wait. That's Africa and Europe. All of Africa and Europe. This image confuses me even more.
>>
>>124082301
It's what shit would look like without view distance
>>
>>124082369

And if the world curved in retarded directions
>>
>>124082049
Did Asia CLANGED?
>>
>>124082369
lolwut
>>
>>124082491
Or if you were on a floating mountain over the coast of the grave of Rhodesia
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Kgdvc6cBg

HYPE
>>
>>124082852
This game looks fucking FUN, how did I miss it
>>
>>124082895
I just found it too. I don't know how I've never heard of it before.
>>
>>124080369
do i have to be a modder to mad max?
>>
>>124082968
Guessing early access + dev isn't spamming it everywhere like most.
>>
>>124082852
>that smooth vehicle on vehicle collisions
>that smooth multiple supercomplex moving parts
>that smooth multiplayer
>that smooth fps
holy fucking shit once it hits this thing is gonna BTFO spengi
>>
oh god fuck my eyes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jplKNmjZE8E

What is this?
>>
>>124083313
>Multiple moving parts touching one another.
>No CLANG.
>>
>>124083784
When have you ever seen shit clang in one of Spengies' dev videos?
>>
>>124083784
they aren't gonna show CLANG on a promotional video
>>
Regarding spengies, is it possible to roll back to an ancient version so that I don't get overwhelmed by all the blocks?
>>
>>124083854
True, I'll admit.
>>124083957
I suppose not.
>>
we DOS game nao
>>
>>124084015
>Regarding spengies, is it possible to roll back to an ancient version so that I don't get overwhelmed by all the blocks?
>I don't get overwhelmed by all the blocks?
>overwhelmed by all the blocks
>all the blocks
they added less than a dozen of blocks since the start of the game, what are you talking about?
>>
File: glassshap.jpg (316KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
glassshap.jpg
316KB, 1920x1200px
glass cannons when?
>>
>>124084139
What the fuck, did you apply some kind of image effect after or is it actually rendered like that?

I TOTALLY want fucking DOS vision.
>>
>>124084139
That looks nice, what is it?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>124082049
thanks
You are pleb if you don't have changing background
>>
>>124084226
>>124084240
reshade dos fx
>>
>>124079801
>doing all that shit to get stone on one side of the belt
>not just using a single solution after putting the output of all 4 miners anywhere on the belt.
>>
File: 1448477014086.jpg (244KB, 1846x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1448477014086.jpg
244KB, 1846x1212px
>>124082852
>Multi staged door
>"Hey this looks pretty fun"
>House transforms into a vehicle
>>
>>124084374
Oh my fuck, some parts need just a little more pixelation but that looks outstanding.
>>
>>124082852
It all looks remarkably CLANG resistant.
>>
>>124084374
damn
>>
>>124084474
>>124084827
>>
File: 1405641535768.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1405641535768.gif
400KB, 488x519px
FTD is going to get harder now, the new deepwater guard ships in the devtest are terrifying.

>Mfw mucannons everywhere
>>
>>124085029
Yeeeeeeee baby give me more, you know what I like
>>
>>124085029
Now where do I get it, reshade.me's forum?
>>
>>124080245
https://a.uguu.se/imzfgj.webm

I did a dual rotor for anti-torque instead of a tail rotor and it works very well. Not the strongest aircraft I've ever made but it has quite a bit of armour and is pretty tough to shoot down.
>>
>>124083480
He looks like a fucking convict.

>>124082852
>expand dong.avi
Any demo/pirated copy to try it out?
>>
>>124086032
>spin blocks
>not dedicated heli spinners
>>
File: Untitled.png (383KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
383KB, 1280x1024px
>>124085870
literally install reshade > open mediator > choose program >check this > force it into the game
done
>>
>>124086196
Dedicated heli spinners wouldn't work for a dual rotor like that because they don't clip through each other.
>>
>>124083369
SHINY AND CHROME
>>
>>124086152
It doesn't come out until next month unfortunately.
>>
>>124084447
>>124082852
Jesus shit this looks like that old Mickey Mouse cartoon, fucking smooth man.

http://youtu.be/PnNSg2bLW9E

>"All you do is put it together"
Ahh, the Spengies' Creed.
>>
>>124086032
Damn, it flies well.
>>
>>124086321
Now turn the sounds into chiptune
>>
>>124086321
How high did you put your settings?
>>
>>124086321
>> force it into the game
how the apply button doesn't do anything
>>
>>124065265
Huh. That's a Destiny ship
>>
>>124084447
This shit
>Looks pretty fun, crappy house though
>IT TRANSFORMS
>MY DIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>124087285
If the guy didn't show i couldn't tell for shit it was a transforming house, meanwhile you can clearly understand if something is transformable in spengis by the loud CLANGING and a long mourning scream: "KEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!"
>>
>>124087285
If the guy didn't show i couldn't tell for shit it was a transforming house, meanwhile you can clearly understand if something is transformable in spengis by the loud CLANGING and a long mourning scream: "KEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!"
>>
>>124087285
>>
>>124088149
>>124088197
How did i manage that
>>
>>124079564
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=567136229&searchtext=vertical
Here you go anon.
>>
File: dog.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>triple posting
>>
File: 1448698014132.jpg (108KB, 879x617px) Image search: [Google]
1448698014132.jpg
108KB, 879x617px
>>124088149
>>124088197
>>124088250
>>124088317
damn sun
>>
>>124086786
If only

>>124086793
>>124086802
http://webm(dot)host/d71af/

>>124088149
>>124088197
>>124088250
kek
>>
>>124088530
>>124088716
I don't even know wtf happened, i swear
>>
>>124089676
>160fps
what the fuck do you have dual i7's and quad titans and 64gb memory
>>
>>124089758

Civil Rights
Outlawed
Economy
Frightening
Political Freedom
Outlawed

MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
I think that building in SE is kinda tedious and hard to do on the fly. I wish it would work more like Building in Subnautica or Kerbal Space Programm.
>>
>>124089758
CLANG sent a message, you guys made him angry by posting a game where CLANG is not possible.
>>
RAILS FUCKING WHEN KEEN?

I WANNA MAKE ELEVATORS ALREADY!
>>
File: tenk.jpg (155KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
tenk.jpg
155KB, 392x500px
>>124090132
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>124089935
kek

it's the monitor
it's so shit so I get around 40 to 60 in blaneds
>>
File: 2015-12-02_00005.jpg (170KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00005.jpg
170KB, 1680x1050px
Who in here Subnautica?
>>
>>124090232
>elevators
>not spessdocks and shipyards
meh
>elevators
LADDERS WHEN KEEN?!
>>
>>124078461
I was going to suggest one of two longer conveyor belts for efficiency but then I realized you can just connect it up without the grabby-hand-thing and it will still align on one side of the belt.
Regardless of which side of the belt the conveyor from the right enters stone all the stone will end up on the top of the conveyor coming from the top-left miner.
>>
>>124090479
We used to have ladders. That thing now known as "passage" was the ladder.
I caused to much CLANG, was too slow and everyone was just going through it with jetpacks anyways
>>
>>124090479
>he doesn't remember ladders

Honestly I don't know why they were removed. They always worked fine for me, my first serious ship had an awesome maintenance level with ladder accessibility to a bunch of different rooms and systems.
>>
>>124090420
How is the performance these days
Last time I played, it kept stuttering and the audio would distort heavily
>>
>>124090835
>>124090791
>implying I don't remember ladders
I do remember them. They were bit buggy though.
I wonder if KEEEEN ever adds them back.
>>
>>124090835
CLANG had no power over ladders, so he had them removed
>>
>implying ladders weren't removed to prevent people from building stairways to heaven once planets
>>
>>124091296
Simple fix, stamina bars.

>tfw shadow of the clanglosus
>>
>>124091172
>>124091186

Pistons, rotors, and landing gear are much, much more buggy than I remember ladders, even after months of "fixes".

I guess back then Keen actually cared about quality control and removed things they couldn't fix. Then they realized they were too incompetent to even get basic mechanical components like pistons and rotors right so they just said fuckit.
>>
>>124082852
So it's multiplayer focused? Can we at least host our own servers? Also, does it have resource gathering and making machines to do that for you?
>>
>>124091019
Stuttering barely, no audio distortion.
But the gameplay is still pretty lackluster, you barely need to build your base (just doing it out of fun) there is no danger to your ship or your base, no special events (like large waves, earthquakes that shatter walls) and flooding does no real damage
I wish they'd introduce something like oildrilling and rechargable batteries and powercells. It's ridicolous how important it is to scavenge for Copper and how hard it gets to find the stuff later on.
Also, some cams and large floodlights on the cyclops would be nice.
The gameplay is FAR from long-lasting. and the devs dont seem to have a regular update scedule like Keen
>>
>>124074218
I was wondering what happened to that
>>
>server simspeed .02
SEND HELP!
>>
>>124081571
That background makes me wonder if it would be possible to mod in non-spherical planets, like the tube in your picture. Maybe an actual ringworld with some fuckery to keep the sun in the "middle"
>>
>>124097509
asteroid belt is the closest thing, sorry.
>>
for sov http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=567214248
>>
>>124091874
>"fixed" ragdolls, by removing them
>"fixed" pistons, by just making them not work past a certain speed
When will we get "fixed" multiplayer?
>>
>>124097737
What if you managed to change planets to generate cubes of dirt facing the "sun", placed at even intervals along a circle path so they link to each other.
>>
>>124097905
Never. Its too important to them as a selling point to "fix" it.

So they won't "fix" it, but they can't actually fix it either.
>>
>>124097905
I don't understand why they insist in giving them individual physics anyway.
>>
>>124098130
It's pretty depressing to think we'll probably never get true even half-working multiplayer.
>>
okay why the fuck we have constantly lost connection to server
>>
serb need restarting?
>>
>>124098054
You would have to build from the lagrange points, and at some point the gravitational tides would shred it.
>>
File: marek.jpg (23KB, 560x355px) Image search: [Google]
marek.jpg
23KB, 560x355px
>>124098340
because it's already working as intended :^)
>>
>>124099036
You know that fucker is waiting for paid mods to implement them?
>>
>>124099036
GAS THE MAREK
>>
File: 1448271577423.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1448271577423.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>>124098509
>On the Steam forums, there are more threads under Bug Reports and Troubleshooting than Multiplayer, Survival, and Ideas combined
>b-b-but blanets
>it-its an alpha

I have over 200 hours on SE and got it as soon as it went on Early Access. I literally cannot even play the game anymore because of how unstable it has gotten. Anything they add other than optimization and crash fixes is 100% useless to me.
>>
File: no.jpg (27KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
27KB, 432x432px
>>124099235
>>
>>124099370
>tfw 535 hours
I don't know why I do it. Maybe I just keep hoping one day it will be good.
>>
>>124098893
In Spengies
>>
>>124099796
Hope is the mother of Delusion, anon
>>
File: internals.webm (2MB, 1102x670px) Image search: [Google]
internals.webm
2MB, 1102x670px
Finally figured out how to get good quality

the algodoo shilling will never stop
>>
>>124099917
Well next summer I'm getting deployed so maybe it will be good when I get back?
>>
>>124099917
Sanity is of weak tovarisch.
Embrace the Clang.
>>
How do I stop my plens in FTD from being spaceships?
>>
>>124099904
Oh, shit.
Well, probably, artificial gravity?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15KB, 294x150px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15KB, 294x150px
>>124099796
>Start new game/server with a clear idea what to build
DAY 1
>gotta get some resources first
>this is slow lets make a miner
DAY 2
>all my cargo bays are full lets make a refinery ship for all dis ore
DAY 5
>okay now I got all the shit for building this thing I wanted to build
>screw building manually. Time to design a massive fucking shipyard
DAY 10
>actually build the thing
>it clangs
>>
>>124100205
post pics
>>
>>124100205
SMALLER ENGINES COMRADE
>>
>>124100205
make them bigger or heavier, or just both
>>
>>124100795
>>actually build the thing
>>it clangs

Every
FUCKING
TIME
>>
File: fal.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fal.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>124101383
>>124101583
>>124101660
Fixed the dumb AI
>>
>>124102035
nice mmo hud
>>
>>124086396

I bet dedicated heli spinners also don't apply torque to the craft and completely obviate the need for a contrarotating arrangement.
>>
>>124102121
It's horrible.
>>
>>124102121
>>124102624
better then ur mum
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (137KB, 1060x845px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
137KB, 1060x845px
this is my first mega
>>
>>124103440
p2w p2w p2w p2w p2w
>>
>>124103440
>robokek
>>
>>124103536

no pay, i played this game for liek a year already
>>
>>124103602
and?
>>
>>124103683
p2w is not the reason we hate robokek, anon
>>
>>124102035
jesus fuck disable some of those UI things. You don't need to know the fucking drag force of your vehicle. Why would you ever enable any of that shit?
>>
>>124103440
How is robotcraft? I can I building a working Metal Gear REX?
>>
>>124104285
no amigo, play machinecraft, spengies, gearblocks or that new scrap mechanics fad if you want to making things that move

robocraft is a hardcore MLG PVP game with no fun or engineering allowed
>>
>>124104285

yea
>>
File: I dare ya.jpg (311KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
I dare ya.jpg
311KB, 900x1200px
>>124104285
You can't build anything on Robocraft
>>
>>124104550
>>124104632
Alrighty thanks guys!

>>124104575
Like one that works just like REX? Because research says otherwise
>>
>>124103860
It is for me :)
>>
>>124104550
>play scrap mechanics
>a game that has no dowload
>>
>>123998406
Next OP switch the titles and URLs so they're clickable.
>>
>>124105098
you're supposed to play your hopes and dreams, anon

for the ONE GAME
>>
File: MCSS_117.png (578KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
MCSS_117.png
578KB, 1024x600px
>>124104906
It's more than just a meme, playing Robocraft doesn't allow much creativity.

Machinecraft is the game for this. Literally.
>>
>>124107697
Oh ok thanks man! I might just wait for that Scrap Mechanics game it looks pretty good
>>
>>124103440
>no glass
>no underpowered wheels
I only feel remorse for what used to be
>>
>>124105098
Wait 01/20/16 (if you are amerifat, 20/01/16 if you are europoor)
>>
>>124110649
>20/01/16 if you are Europoor
Or just pirate it as Europoor
>>
>>124110718
or pirate it and spend the money on some whopper if you're amerifat.
>>
>>124081473
Just do the first level or two.
>>
>>124110809
>whopper
What a pleb, I always cook my own burger.
>>
>>124110809
>>124110718
To pirate it it needs to be released first though
>>
>>124097509
hollow tubular asteroids exists

y not for blaneds
>>
>>124110809
>unironically eating things in big chains of fast foods
>not eating burgers you cooked and putted toghether with anticipation, made only with your handpicked ingridients
>>
>>124090420

I want this game to have mp SO BADLY
>>
Do multiple station grids affect performance much? I want to make a little race track with hoops half in the ground in the desert somewhere for people to go fast.
>>
Man, at one point somebody posted a table of how effective each thruster dependend on the planet are, and 30% for Ion on Alien Moon can´t be correct anymore.

My 6.000.000KG ships has 36.000.000N thrust dowards, and is capable of hovering on the 0.25G alien moon.
Moon gravity acts upon my ship with 15.000.000N, should my Ion thrust really be gimped down to 10.800.000N I would crash and burn. It feels more like 50%.
>>
File: dogs cant look up.webm (545KB, 678x510px) Image search: [Google]
dogs cant look up.webm
545KB, 678x510px
>>124086396
>>124086032
>>124102530

You don't need them to clip through each other to do dual rotors, if that was your intention. Just set one to "Continuous (Reverse)".
>>
>>124113156
They're rotating the wrong way!
>>
>>124113412
Yeah, I noticed that after posting. Didn't really make it to actually fly or anything though, just to prove it could be done.
>>
burp
>>
File: RIP grid.png (59KB, 535x199px) Image search: [Google]
RIP grid.png
59KB, 535x199px
>>
File: sturs.jpg (37KB, 700x418px) Image search: [Google]
sturs.jpg
37KB, 700x418px
Engineering
>>
File: AngleGrinder.jpg (184KB, 1280x762px) Image search: [Google]
AngleGrinder.jpg
184KB, 1280x762px
>>
>>124116756
There is a good explanation for that though, rush hour
>>
File: CS1.jpg (791KB, 1918x1078px) Image search: [Google]
CS1.jpg
791KB, 1918x1078px
What about traffic engineering?
>>
>>124117420
>on-/off-ramps directly into suburbs
Shit engineering, son.
>>
File: Screenshot (351).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (351).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>124069631
>>124069567
>>124069210
>>124069495
>>
File: Traffic Copter.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Traffic Copter.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>124117503
The citizens voted it in, I'd be a bad mayor if I didn't
>>
>>124073897

>poles on mars
>>
>>124117606
>Ladies and gentlemen.
>May I present to you.
>A working scale replica.
>Of the Bradly Armoured Fighting Ship.
>>
>>124117606
Congratulations, General Anon!
>>
>>124117693
Whoah. Since when can you fly around like that in C:S? Or did you just view-hijack a helicopter with no actual control?
>>
File: Helicopter.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Helicopter.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>124118430
Helicopter mod. You place a building down and can spawn there with full control. You can even position the camera exactly where you want it
>>
>>124116742
huh?
>>
>>124118609
grand theft auto mod when
>>
File: GTA mod when.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GTA mod when.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>124118836
That's what I actually named this file
>>
>>124118821
the blue stuff is land
>>
>>124118979
I still don't know where that's from.
>>
>>124118950
Can you walk around and follow the critters?
>>
>>124118821
Its a power generation curve, blue is solar, orange is coal and the green stuff are batteries.

Its not a problem in the game with an uneven power generation like that, but in reality solar wrecks havoc on the grid when it reaches a certain amount and the only option then is either modern nuclear or fast burning gas plant (inefficient as fuck)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Kgdvc6cBg
i think this is clangless
hoping for gatai stuff
>>
>>124119134
Factorio
>>
>>124119134
>>Arrested Development Pilot

>Buster: Actually I'm studying cartography now: the mapping of uncharted territories.
>Michael: Sure. Hasn’t everything already sort of been discovered, though by, like, Magellan and Cortés? NASA, you know?
>Buster: Oh, yeah, yeah.
>Michael: ...all those people.
>Buster: Those guys did a pretty good job.
>Michael: Right.
>Buster: But there’s still. You know...
>Lucille: Never hurts to double-check.

>>the police boats attempt to encircle the Bluth yacht

>Lucille: Out of my way. Out, out, out. Lindsay, take the wheel. Buster, find us a channel to the ocean.
>Buster: Gee, I don’t really have any of my mapping equipment with me.
>Lindsay: You’ve had $80,000 worth of cartography lessons. Get us a channel to the ocean.
>Buster: Okay, okay, okay.
>George, Sr.: Can you hear me now?
>Buster: Okay. Obviously this blue part here is the land... and that would mean...
>Lindsay: Oh, Buster, Buster, it’s all right.
>>
>>124119473
oh look i didnt see someone already posted this >>124082852
>>
>>124119473
Already posted, senpai

But the thruster demonstration shows a bit of clang physics.
>>
>>124117606
It needs an ore processing center and a ammunition manufacturing plant, it's space we are talking about son, not earth
>>
File: 1446039039686.jpg (147KB, 1164x676px) Image search: [Google]
1446039039686.jpg
147KB, 1164x676px
Has anyone twatted Maerk about [PAINBOT] yet?
>>
>>124120765
what did I miss here?
>>
>>124120902
BLUUUUUUUUUUE
>>
File: Untitled.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>124118950
>Warbros server is kill
>Thinking what to play
Perfect timing
>>
>>124082852
I
FUCKING
WANT
IT

SCRAPGINEERS FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>124122946
Update from the weapons modding front. Small calibre weapon profiles.

7.62x51mm

>Assault Rifle :^)
- 500 RoF/min
- 7500 DPM
- 4° deviation

>Small Ship Sentry Turret
- 450 RoF/min
- 6750 DPM
- 2° deviation

>Large Ship Sentry Turret
- 500 RoF/min
- 7500 DPM
- 3° deviation

20x102mm

>Small Ship Fixed 6 barrel (short)
- 750 RoF/min
- 45000 DPM
- 5° deviation

>Small Ship Fixed 6 barrel (long)
- 675 RoF/min
- 40500 DPM
- 3° deviation

>Small Ship Gimballed 3 barrel gat
- 600 RoF/min
- 36000 DPM
- 1° deviation

>Small Ship Turret 3 barrel gat
- 650 RoF/min
- 39000 DPM
- 3° deviation

>Large Ship Turret 3 barrel gat
- 800 RoF/min
- 48000 DPM
- 3° deviation

>Large Ship Turret 6 barrel gat
- 1000 RoF/min
- 60000 DPM
- 4° deviation

1/2
>>
>>124123809
2/2

25x137mm

> Small Ship Fixed 6 barrel
- 550 RoF/min
- 41250 DPM
- 3° deviation

> Small Ship Fixed autocannon
- 520 RoF/min
- 39000 DPM
- 1° deviation

> Small Ship Fixed quad autocannon
- 675 RoF/min
- 50625 DPM
- 5° deviation

> Small Ship Gimballed 3 barrel
- 500 RoF/min
- 37500 DPM
- 1° deviation

> Small Ship chaingun mecharm/tank turret
- 525 RoF/min
- 39375 DPM
- 3° deviation

> Small Ship turret twin autocannon
- 425 RoF/min
- 31875 DPM
- 2° deviation

> Small Ship turret 3 barrel
- 510 RoF/min
- 38250 DPM
- 3° deviation

> Large Ship turret quad autocannon
- 675 RoF/min
- 52500 DPM
- 2° deviation

50x198mm

> Small Ship Fixed autocannon
- 425 RoF/min
- 44625 DPM
- 3° deviation

> Small Ship 5x burst mecharm/tank turret
- 525 RoF/min
- 36750 DPM (burst and reload time)
- 1° deviation

> Small Ship Turret
- 375 RoF/min
- 39375 DPM
- 2° deviation

> Large Ship turret quadmount
- 800 RoF/min
- 56000 DPM (burst and reload)
- 2° deviation

Higher calibre also have slightly increasing velocities, in addition to increase relative damage.
>>
>>124123809
>>124123936
Why the fuck did you quote me?
>>
every time i try to connect to the serb my client crashes

pls help
>>
>>124124480
sebaceous cyst
>>
>>124123809
>>124123936
stop spamming the same shit over and over
>>
>>124124745
you should get a pastebin for this
>>
>>124124480
same
>>
>>124123986
Misclicked.

>>124124745
But it's not the same shit.

>>124124825
Yes. Yes I should.
>>
File: 4AKjATw.webm (2MB, 576x336px) Image search: [Google]
4AKjATw.webm
2MB, 576x336px
>the gases flow in the atmosphere
>>
>>124124480
>>124124678
>>124124973
Rebooting server. Someone fucked up a block when building a shield thing.
>>
>>124126312
how
>>
>>124126460
>make shield gen
>place upgrade on anything but shield generator
>rip
>>
File: sweat4.png (244KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
sweat4.png
244KB, 480x364px
>>124126208
IS THIS
A LEAK FOR
TOMORROW'S UPDATE
WHICH GIVES
GAS GIANTS
YOU INCREDIBLY GLORIOUS THUNDERCUNT
>>
>>124126312
still crashing right after connecting. gonna check my game cache just to be sure.
>>
File: awkward what.png (9KB, 220x134px) Image search: [Google]
awkward what.png
9KB, 220x134px
>>124126208
>>
>>124126208
we free hydrogen now?
>>
Yeah, I unno. Server seems perpatually throwing off clients. Gonna investimagate.

Server down for the moment.
>>
>>124128379
GOD

FUCKING

DAMN IT

J O E
>>
File: 1433084163258.gif (3MB, 650x269px) Image search: [Google]
1433084163258.gif
3MB, 650x269px
>>124128517
>meanwhile at Keen
>>
File: 1437096613547.jpg (59KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
1437096613547.jpg
59KB, 409x513px
>>124128194
>Joe depressurizes Jupiter
>>
>>124130409
>Jupiter replaced with a Jupiter sized hydrogen tank
>>
>>124130748
Local load successful. Pushing to serbian.
>>
File: 2015-12-02_20 45 25.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_20 45 25.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I made my first non-sinking boats. As an actual submariner my default response to this game was to immediately build functioning submarines, I didn't even try figuring out how to make a normal thing float so this was a new experience for me.

Turns out that surface combatants actually get hit and stuff. Fuck that.
>>
>>124126208
Where is that from

and why is it´s quality to size ratio so bad
>>
>>124116875
There would be many better ways of doing that, though. How about building an actual wall there? Or not building the stairs, leaving the nook empty, but level and easier to clean? Hell, maybe even using that space somehow?

This is clearly a solution someone had to devise quickly, on the cheap, after the stairs had already been built. Someone who didn't really give a damn about aesthetics, as long as the job got done.
Basically, designed by an engineer who got called in to fix the architect's fuckups.
>>
>>124131183
>Submariner
How many guys have you given a bj to while under water?
>>
>>124131183
Rectify with CAs and BBs firing from 7km+ supplemented with DDGs where necessary. AA specialized CLs and DDs are recommended but not necessary.

Also rush LHAs for dat sweet sweet ASW heli support.
>>
>>124131268
Not as many as you'd think!

The more interesting question is how much time I've spent masturbating in a 300 foot long metal tube filled with really out of shape dudes.
>>
>>124131247
marek cellphone
>>
File: 1405228761552.jpg (305KB, 959x721px) Image search: [Google]
1405228761552.jpg
305KB, 959x721px
>playing A New Hope
>"There are no resources on this map" mission
>game wants me to set up a base and build weapons or someshit but they're all terrible and useless
>but it does give me 15 turrets and a fuckload of ammo
>.
>turret rush to victory in 5 minutes

That was fun but fuck those missions, why am I playing factorio yet not destroying the ayylium habitat with industrial power
>>
>>124131629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-OZcbSYk_A

It just appears that the guy who made this is good at planets, bad a encoding

This guy also made some planet rings a while back. Who knows, maybe he´s an autist savant and once planet modding is implemented he´ll have a field day creating the dankest places.
>>
>>124082852
This looks pretty amazing, all right, but I'm not sure if I want to put money into an engineering game that isn't finished.
I've been hurt before.
>>
So I'm trying to use Reshade, but it dindu nuffin'. I've got it linked to Spengies, loaded up the config that Reshade anon provided, and pushed it to the application...except it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't see any difference between what I'm doing and what he does in the webbum that got linked. The options are all ticked in the Pipeline tab like they should be.

I'm supposed to be using SpaceEngineers.exe that's in Bin64, right? What else do I need to do?
>>
>>124126208
Literally Step 2
>>
File: 2015-12-02_00001.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00001.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
I am going to need more thrust
>>
>>124132997
Found the issue. Server is going to boot back up in about 15 minutes.
>>
>>124133407
QUOTING FOR WHY
>>
>>124133407
>why
>>
File: anoni.jpg (89KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
anoni.jpg
89KB, 500x446px
>>124133485
Okay, the issue was isolated, but the fix will take a moment longer. Will update as it goes.

I'll keep quoting you now.
>>
>>124133695
Potential fix deployed, booting up.
>>
>>124133695
tell why
>>
File: shields.png (118KB, 648x676px) Image search: [Google]
shields.png
118KB, 648x676px
>>124134002
>>
>>124132771
>got it to work for two seconds
>crashes
>now Spengies crashes immediately as soon as I get the main menu
>>
File: witnessed.jpg (73KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.jpg
73KB, 640x360px
>>124133695
>tfw senpai witnessed me
>>
File: Desktop_2015_12_02_12_37_58_559.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Desktop_2015_12_02_12_37_58_559.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>124132771
Reshade is fun.
>>124134170
Topkek I was right
>>
I'd really like to see a space-engineering game similar to Subnautica
>it's about running a spaceship or station that is built with pre-made parts and elements rather than Bloxels
>you still have to repair and manage single elements
>focussed on missions and scenarios like exploring an abandoned ship or rescuing the crew of a damaged ship or just general space-station maintenance or exploration of asteroid-bases and shit
>MP focussed
>>
>>124134409
plz halp. Clearly something is fucked but I can't figure out what. Sometimes it crashes as soon as the main menu loads, other times it doesn't crash until I hit join/load world. The same shit happens whether I actually have any effects enabled or not, it seems to be literally just a case of whether or not reshade is active.
>>
>>124131884
that was how I beat that mission too

>too lazy to build a base
>not sure how to build a base
>turret creep with manual rocket launchering
>ayylmao is kill in record time
>time4plane
>>
>>124137307
upgrade computer
>>
>>124138195
>upgrade hardware
>for what is clearly a software problem
I get somewhere between 120 and 180 FPS in Spengies normally, I think I'm okay on that front. I even get ~60 FPS most of the time when I'm on blanids.
>>
>>124138565
specsnao
>>
>>124138615
6 titans
>>
>>124138772
>only 6
Wow, look at this poor faggot.
>>
>>124136550
I'd like to see that too. I'm just tired of voxel games.
>>
>>124136550
Currently Elite is the closest thing to what you're describing, the only thing is that ship building is only about swapping parts like engines, shields or weapons either to make a better build or just to do different things with different builds (eg mining build, exploration build, combat build, rare goods trading build andso on)
>>
kek, so apparently having PrecisionX running makes Reshade crash Spengies. Weird fuckin' conflict.
>>
serb angry I got a big miner for once. that earthbreaker is fast
>>
>>124140948
What
Fucking damnit
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Has anyone shown keen a screenshot using reshade saying THIS IS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK yet?
>>
File: Thumper_Coast.jpg (333KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Thumper_Coast.jpg
333KB, 1280x1024px
ayyy suppressor when?
>>
>>124142804
the 4th tool you're given when you spawn
>>
File: 1448890447476.jpg (912KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
1448890447476.jpg
912KB, 1813x2111px
>>124142949
Why should I do it myself when I can build a big machine to do it for me? That's much more fun
>>
File: spaec.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spaec.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>124142005
You want them to make performance even worse?
>>
>>124146161
Keen's shaders are literally wrong and broken. You can use reshade to simply do right what keen fucked up at minimal performance cost at all. Or, you can crank shit up and enjoy the pretty slideshow.
>>
File: beige.jpg (86KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
beige.jpg
86KB, 480x640px
>>124146161
I finally got my new PC working, so screw the toaster-fags, I'm one of the cool kids now.

Installing windows 10 and steam now, looking forward to getting over 3fps on planets.
>>
>>124146715
>ubuntu
>4:3
>not a toaster
>>
>Building miner
>Open control panel
>Pirate drone components are listed on my large ship grid for some reason
>click one
>game crashes

well okay
>>
File: black.jpg (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
black.jpg
117KB, 640x480px
>>124146825
Monitor is temporary until my 24" comes, and I'm dual-booting linux for work purposes and other useful things. Also because fuck you, I like it.
>>
>>124147669
>stock CPU cooler running spengies
it's gonna get toasty when the physics starts flying
>>
>>124147801
Suggestions are very welcome. I'm a coder, I know nothing about hardware and and have a little extra cash to spare thanks to newegg sending me some other poor bastards order.

I didn't get anything fancy, stock fan over my i5. None of that paste stuff, which I always assumed was necessary. Graphics card is a Twin Frozr III I got for cheap from a co-worker.
>>
>>124148224
>None of that paste stuff, which I always assumed was necessary
It is you idiot.
>>
File: Paintgies.jpg (754KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Paintgies.jpg
754KB, 1920x1080px
>not playing Space Engineers: the Painting
Comfy as fuck desu. ASCII filter is fun too.
>>
File: 1396913399627.jpg (299KB, 729x760px) Image search: [Google]
1396913399627.jpg
299KB, 729x760px
>>124148224
>None of that paste stuff, which I always assumed was necessary.
>>
File: 1447274690760.png (171KB, 502x520px) Image search: [Google]
1447274690760.png
171KB, 502x520px
>>124148224
>None of that paste stuff
>>
File: VidCap.jpg (96KB, 983x552px) Image search: [Google]
VidCap.jpg
96KB, 983x552px
>>124148318
>>124148680
>>124149091

Alright, alright, rest your breasts.

I've yet to do anything strenuous,just installed a few things, so I assume it's still perfectly safe.
According to Speccy, the CPU hasn't passed 27°C, although it claims my motherboard is at 113°C, so maybe it isn't set up right yet.

Pic is a still from the installation video I followed, with the exact same components. There was no mention of paste and the dude just put the stock stuff in there. Did that guy actually fuck up a gaming PC?

I was kindly donated some thermal paste by Newegg McLostbox
>>
File: 1428153045587.jpg (224KB, 685x571px) Image search: [Google]
1428153045587.jpg
224KB, 685x571px
>>124149634
>my motherboard is at 113°C
>>
>in serb
>using little weldship to weld big weldship from projection
>block starts to weld
>CLANG becomes ABSOLUTELY LIVID
>my small welders explode
>my projects shields tell me to go fuck myself
>my cockpit explodes
>SAVING SERVER PLS WAIT
>little weld ship full of supplies goes fling off at 100m/s despite all of the proper thrusters trying to stop it
>try to catch up to put a cockpit on
>cant weld anything
>cant place anything
>all of its cargo is intact but I can't reliable interact because KEEN and moving grids
>it clubs me over the head and is lost forever as I wait to respawn
ASS

>>124149634
As far as thermal paste goes, you want a litle more than a pea-sized dot on the CPU, then press the cooler onto it for an even spread. Don't use a card to smear the paste, and don't lift the cooler after, you'll create air pockets and fuck up.
>>
So is autopilot broken in Spengies? When there's only one coordinate, ships immediately turn autopilot off, while if there are multiple coordinates the ship will rapidly alternate between them at maybe one per tick, never actually going anywhere but straight up after -maybe- getting close to the first coordinate in the list.

Should I start writing an autopilot script?
>>
>>124151314
Ask Ced for coordinates after next serb maintenance. He stops all moving ships and can tell you where it ended up but he might be annoyed if you didn't rename the grid :^)
>>
>>124151067
Which it definitely wasn't, inside the case was cooler than the rest of my room.
Multiple sources tell me that some particular ASUS boards have trouble with most temp monitoring software.

I did however remove the heat sink to see if there was built in thermal paste. There was, but I didn't think first, and by taking it off I probably fucked it up and need to reapply or something.

>>124151314
Should I re-apply the paste since I took the heat-sink off to check?
>>
>>124151464
He's asleep, and given behavior, it will likely get GC'd before then. I'll just have to hop in my drill and rebuild the shitter.

As far as ways to rationalize and not put my fist through a monitor, I was wanting to redesign it anyway, so I guess now's a good time to do it.

Fun fact, there's an area near where shit went down that kills me instantly, and I can;t weld certain blocks on my project.
>>
>>124151509
>Should I re-apply the paste since I took the heat-sink off to check?

http://www.maximumpc.com/how-to-properly-apply-thermal-paste-and-install-a-cpu/

"Note that we don’t recommend doing this more than once—every time you lift up the cooler, you risk adding more air bubbles into the thermal paste, which will lower you coolers efficiency. Don’t let yourself get too worried about that, though—unless you’re doing some real overclocking, it isn’t going to make or break your system."

This is a good guide for this
>>
File: 1421081429103.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1421081429103.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>124151951
just follow this helpful guide!
>>
>>124151715
There's no garbage collection on the serb. That's why he takes it down for maintenance manually, he cleans up all the stray bullshit by hand. Just leave him a message so he doesn't delete it.

Sometimes random blocks will just not weld at all. I think it's a general bug with projectors.
>>
File: 1380167251174.jpg (157KB, 672x701px) Image search: [Google]
1380167251174.jpg
157KB, 672x701px
>>124152109
I don't understand how people think this is funny
>>
>jazz radio
>(non-spess) weed
>beer
>blanets
ultimate comfy
>>
>>124153235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyoJtv9Cx0
>>
>drop a stone
>crash
>>
fuggin cinebadic :-DD
>>
>>124154054
fug
das breddy
>>
>>124154157
liek fug
>>
File: 2015-12-03_00001.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03_00001.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
Progress is ridiculously slow but at least this rail-laying idea is working with minimal clang
One issue is the 2 million kg of stone that has accumulated after only 2 rail segments have been completed

I'm not sure if it would be possible to build a conveyor tube line as the digging proceeds instead of (or alongside) constructing a guide rail

>>124154054
>>124154276
That looks great, definitely better than Keen darkness
>>
What is this I hear about gas blanads?
Is it true?
>>
File: 2spooky.jpg (42KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.jpg
42KB, 500x612px
>>124151314
did you weld an antenna
>>
fug
>>
>>124131268
Someday...
>>
>>124131183
tumbles pls
>>
>>124156598
no
>>
>>124156507
Not me, I am displeased someone else is using my identifying colours.

>not some huge fortress lurching through the sky
Definitely not me.
>>
File: 781210-casino_empire[1].jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
781210-casino_empire[1].jpg
70KB, 640x640px
Is this game /egg/ceptable

It's all about injuneering
>>
>>124156643
>some huge fortress lurching through the sky

Did you paint it magenta yet?
>>
>>124156752
I haven't worked out the colour tool in ftd.

Haven't played in a while, probably won't until all the changes have been made and the ui is usable.
>>
File: bess.jpg (256KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bess.jpg
256KB, 1920x1200px
Those maglock pads are actually pretty nice
nothing's even blown up yet
>>
>>124157003
>people not realising maglock is just a reskinned landing gear
They both clang
But carry on feeling safe
Maglocks are quiet until the end
>>
File: 1416880082414.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1416880082414.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Started playing From the Depths yesterday, shit's way more complicated than it looks, sometimes unnecessary complicated at that.

>finally built my first decent boat
>make a turret with bitching stylish armour
>leave build mode
>"Most of your propultion is facing backwards"
mfw

I there a way to build OUTSIDE the water so I can actually see shit I'm building and not get sea sickness?
>>
File: 2015-12-03_02 48 28.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03_02 48 28.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Welp, better build some destroyers. Time to design turrets.

Advanced cannons are so large I always find myself compromising on capability in favor of making them not take up an entire ship. Pic related is actually two guns, it has two separate 30rpm 120mm guns.
>>
>>124158042
Hit caps lock while in build mode.
>>
>>124158042
Press capslock in build mode to magically levitate your vehicle in the air so it stays stationary.
>>
>>124158093
Thanks guys.
>>
>>124158195
The best way to understand the controls is to mash your face on the keyboard and see what happens, just remember where you mashed to do stuff.
>>
>>124158042
In the load vehicle screen, hit the button in the top right twice.
>>
File: 2015-12-02_00010.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00010.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
SOON I shall hunt Ayy's in mega style!

At least, as soon as Ced gets his glorious weapons pack done that is...
>>
>>124158057
I made twin AP rail-shotguns fire four 10cm shells that shred ships innards, the only downside being that they draw about 5000 power and the cruiser they're sitting has just a 14000 power engine.
>>
Mornin'.

If Clang, messag me, I see if I can help. Messages are patient. I also have backups from various points of the day. I might not be able to do much, but that's the exception.

Standing by for recovery.

Also, FUCK YEAH, I fixed my sleep cycle. It's 09:44am now, and I had a decent amount of sleep. Sure beats waking up 16:50 and going to bed at fucking noon.
>>
File: file.png (778KB, 1205x896px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
778KB, 1205x896px
I have no idea what I'm doing, the gun refuses to elevate more than a bit upwards so it has a really short range and it take ages to reload.
>>
File: file.png (610KB, 1433x898px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
610KB, 1433x898px
>>124161298
The good news is I have something vaguely resembling a ship
>>
File: file.png (463KB, 1434x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
463KB, 1434x900px
>>124161391
Best I can do.

Fun game though.
>>
>>124160315
ur gay
>>
>>124161298
for old cannons reload speed is only improved by ammo boxes attached to autoloaders. Try adding an elevation barrel to improve range
>>
>>124160315
So you're an eurofag too, and in my same time zone!
>>
>>124161916
sov/tambles pls
>>
File: file.png (520KB, 1434x899px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
520KB, 1434x899px
>>124161727
Fixed that shit

I'm going to be annoying with screenshot lads

>>124161930
>Try adding an elevation barrel to improve range
Yep, it's what I did, wasn't aware you can just plop them on the tip of the gun.

>for old cannons reload speed is only improved by ammo boxes attached to autoloaders
Wasn't aware of this, thanks for the tip lad, I'm going to build it from scratch
>>
Does anyone have a pasta about the mechanics behind nucannons?
>>
File: sadgrammarnazi.gif (192KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
sadgrammarnazi.gif
192KB, 250x200px
>>124161978
My German-ness is a wellknown secret.
>>
>>124161987
cn u pls mek my soerd moud
>>
File: layout.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
layout.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>124162018
dug up an old pic for you. This was my traditional layout for the explosive/AP boxes. Basically pic was one layer, they would be stacked towards and away from the camera. I would advise against doing the same thing for the regular ammo boxes, as that messes you up in longer fights. I preferred to not have more than one autoloader touching a single ammo box.
>>
>>124158057
daily dose
>>
File: 1445051234713.gif (2MB, 425x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445051234713.gif
2MB, 425x270px
>>124162087
>mrw listening to German 2hu music while creating highly efficient space ships on Germanys #1 spengies server.

I'm sure He would have been proud.
>>
File: longrampputtouse.jpg (451KB, 959x1080px) Image search: [Google]
longrampputtouse.jpg
451KB, 959x1080px
>>124162108
I think I am already suffering enough.
>>
File: file.png (539KB, 1433x890px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
539KB, 1433x890px
>>124162480
I see, I'll take heed for the next time. Either way I got myself a good looking ship if I do say so myself, plenty of space left for missiles up front.

I fucked up the engine a bit though, 1 block to high so the turret doesn't turn 360 but I guess it's better than nothing.
>>
>>124160315
>Just fixed your sleep cycle.
Just fucked mine up, guess I'll just stay awake till the update drops and then pass out.
>>
>>124162658
But is your faction germans in space?
>>
>>124082852
Is it just me or does the guy narrating it have a ridiculously soothing and genuine voice?
>Come on, mechanics, let's build.
>>
>>124164164
Actually I may be the only person here who has never made a swastika in any of these games.
>>
File: howdoeslightwork.jpg (72KB, 652x415px) Image search: [Google]
howdoeslightwork.jpg
72KB, 652x415px
>>124163221
How do these people function.
>>
>>124164630
I had my own faction, how come I'm in Space Loners now? Did all single-member factions get merged?
>>
>>124164630
Please? <:3 It's not hard

>>124165997
He moved people around because some folks were stuck in the spoidahs faction. You can always remake yours.
>>
>>124165997
The faction system derped out. The only way I could repair it was by moving and deleting a lot of shit. I moved people into the Loners so they aren't hostile. Sorry for any inconvenience.
>>
>>124166104
I was wondering why everyone was hostile to me
>>
Meanwhile at /svgg/ lair of doom.
>I'm assuming someone has built this on a moon if we have moons? I haven't checked i'm away on hoilday still.
>>
File: 360_intl_nazis_space_0229.jpg (32KB, 360x235px) Image search: [Google]
360_intl_nazis_space_0229.jpg
32KB, 360x235px
>>124167343
Fuck forgot the picture.
>>
>>124158057
Thanks doc
>>
File: Hydroport1.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hydroport1.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
4:30 am, holy shit. Gonna get a couple hours sleep before work.

Lunar Hydroport is coming along now, free hydrogen refuelling for whoever wishes to visit tomorrow. First customer wins a prize.

blanneds tomorro
>>
File: stats_on_icon.jpg (223KB, 1314x681px) Image search: [Google]
stats_on_icon.jpg
223KB, 1314x681px
So, mhmm. Would you care for something like this?

Check the hotbar. The icon.
>>
>>124168692
Maybe just for the menu?
>>
>>124152109
Should look good on large screens, not so sure about smaller ones.
>>
>>124169670
Problem is, there is no either/or. It's either the full icon in each position or it is not. I am trying to find a way to quickly convey what ammo a gun uses, and what it's general stats are. I would have weapons at a mirrored angle, going from top-left to lower-right rather than the current orientation, though.
>>
>>124170007
I see.
And I see it still takes a lightyear to connect to a server...
>>
File: I WILL PUNCH YOU.png (265KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
I WILL PUNCH YOU.png
265KB, 635x423px
>>124170609
>lightyear
>a unit of time
>>
>>124170750
::^^))
>>
So, We have jump drives that are badly implemented but do we have shields that are also badly implemented.
>>
>>124170856
yes
>>
How do I fast travel?
>>
>>123998406
What game is that?
>>
>>124171363
Lurk more.
>>
>>124171363
Planed simulator 2116 gold edition
What do you mean you don't have terrabytes of RAM yet?
>>
File: stats_on_icon2.jpg (178KB, 1308x697px) Image search: [Google]
stats_on_icon2.jpg
178KB, 1308x697px
>>124170007
Made some revisions and a mock-up of what an actual icon from the pack would look like. r8 don't h8.
>>
>>124148413
>ASCII filter

You what m8
>>
>>124171910
FX can do anything these days
Turn modern games into DOS games
Turn modern games into DWARF FORTRESS, THE EFF PEE ESS
>>
>>124171603

Only issue with that is the green kinda blends with the green of the weapon's actual icon.

Blue perhaps?
iirc none of the weapons you're using are blue in their tooltip
>>
File: stats_on_icon3.jpg (257KB, 1295x677px) Image search: [Google]
stats_on_icon3.jpg
257KB, 1295x677px
>>124172313
Very, very good hint. Thanks a lot for that. Easy fix, too. Here.
>>
>>124172657

That's easier to read, but even then it kinda gets lost in the image.
They need something to make them stick out a bit more against the busy background.
>>
>>124172657
Is ACC acceleration or accuracy? Are there different bullet speeds or is it all uniform?

Because I would expect range to imply accuracy.
>>
File: colourtest.png (24KB, 941x438px) Image search: [Google]
colourtest.png
24KB, 941x438px
>>124172756
>they

The stats bars? Thing is, the space is extremely tiny. Colouring the ACC, ROF, etc. letters is a hindrance to colour blind people :^) and also less informative/intuitive. Fuck guessing hues if you don't have perfect colour vision.

I could make the bars thicker.
>>
>>124172868
Rip wia

But yeah, I mean the bars. Can you see what I mean? They kinda get lost in the actual weapon in the image. Not sure how to fix it honestly.

White 'shadow' perhaps?
>>
File: stats_on_icon4.jpg (256KB, 1295x677px) Image search: [Google]
stats_on_icon4.jpg
256KB, 1295x677px
>>124172968
Better?
>>
>>124173047

Yesm8. Easier to read at a glance.

>accuracy that low tho
Shit tier.
>>
>>124173241
It's like you don't even appreciate dakka.
>>
>>124173241
Here's the thing.

If you equip an autocannon, you will get a fixed weapon with relatively high accuracy, medium RoF and low damage.

If you equip a gatling of the same ammunition, you will get the same damage and range, but much higher RoF. You pay for that with low accuracy. Your bullets will still fly as far, but if you want to make use of your increased RoF, you need to get closer.

I want high-RoF weapons for fighters to MELT things if they get close. But at the same time, single barrel autocannons need a place - and that is engagements at longer ranges.

Makes sense?

I'd run medium barrel count gimbals with some missiles, fixed autocannons and possibly missile/people defense sentry turrets on a fighter.
>>
>>124173363

Wut da zog is da point of loadsa dakka if you dont hit anyfink? If da zoggin umie is still standin there when yor done, YOU AINT GOT ENUF ACCURACY YA GIT.
>>
>>124173406

Tbh it all sounds great, I just always like high accuracy weapons.

Im going to put fucking all of them on he Artemis though. Literal shield walls of flak, it's going to be beautiful.
>>
I wish turrets were disabled all together in se. Should only be fixed guns, on rotors if you need then to move. Fucking aimbot turret bullshit.
>>
>>124173459
Please, Zogwart Thunderfist, if you can fill the space between you and them with lead, you will hit. Isn't 100% hit probability a great thing? Accuracy by volume.

>>124173550
No flak turrets for small ships. Hate me all that you want. But you can use teeny tiny sentry AMS turrets.

Which is a good point. I will call those babby turrets AMS turrets. Huzzah!
>>
>>124173667
>fixed guns
Well I gu-
>on rotor
CLANGCLANGCLANGCLNAGCLSHANGLANGCLANCLANG
>>
>>124173667
An understandable concern. I aim to penalize turrets with reduced accuracy and RoF. A fixed gun will always have a higher accuracy/RoF than gimbal or turret of similar ammunition.

And some turrets will not come with AI. For example, the railgun turret(s). These, you will have to put a human behind the gun to operate. Having such weapons with AI is shite.
>>
>turn on ASCII FX
WOAH
>>
>>124173459
Wut if derez lossa ummies? Dat ackuracey dakka oni remuv dat umie.
Big dakka hit all ummies, all za ummies ded.
>>
>>124173667
This. Same applies to Robocraft. Hoping things will change.
>>
File: 1342458047808.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
1342458047808.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
>>124173681

>no flak for small ships
It's like you are SPECIFICALLY picking on me.
You monster. Brb necking myself.

>>124173818
DONT MATTER, YOR TRYIN TA KILL DA HUMIE BOSS, DA COMMIE TSAR OR WUTEVA DA ZOG DEYZ CALLED, AND YOU 'IT 'IS LITTUL MEN INSTED. NOW E'S RUN OFF AND YOU DONT GETS TA TAKE IS FANCY HAT.

GUD JOB GAZZA YA GIT, U'LL NEVER BE FLASH LIKE DIS.
>>
>>124173998
>no flak for small ships
No flak TURRETS. You will get a fixed flak gun.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Anyone know how to increase the range of the laser antennas in Space Engineers?

Basicly I want a laser antenna on Earth to connect with one on a mining station on the Alien planet without a million relay sats.

All I need is the folder in the game data to edit and I'm good, already boosted max speed from 104 ms to 800 ms.
>>
File: 1300345284782.jpg (1MB, 2048x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1300345284782.jpg
1MB, 2048x1606px
>>124174120

DATS NO GUD YA STINKIN HUMIE.
I MEAN, DATS ALL WELL AN GUD FOR A FIGHTA, JUMPIN ABOWT LIKE A CHEEKY GIT, BUT A BIG SHIP GOTS TA HAVE BIG TURETS.

I'V ATTACHED A PLAN SCHEMATIC OV WOT I WANTS
>>
>>124050271
Isn't that space station 13?
>>
>>124174459
It sure is. We got our own building server.
>>
File: file.png (953KB, 1434x899px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
953KB, 1434x899px
>I've built the entire ship backwards
Holy fuck this is confusing, the starting 1x1 block determines the front and back? Seriously?
>>
>>124066712
I didn't much like the remake, kind of wish they continued the cannon instead of remaking the first season...

On an on topic note I like dem builds, I made a massive Yamato in star made back in the day, one day I will make one in SE.
>>
>>124173998
WAAAAGH
ME DAKKA ERRYTHINK
YOU DAKKA LEK UMMIES.

Dakka no smash umie shep? Me smert ork, me uz mor dakka. You dumm ork.
>>
File: bsg_flakfire.jpg (31KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bsg_flakfire.jpg
31KB, 400x225px
>>124174289
Large ships will receive 200mm and 300mm flak turrets, which will be able to lay down a barrage of explosion around your ship out to 450m, with an explosion radius of 7/10 blocks, respectively.

I like fun.
>>
>>124174708

U SAYZ DAT GAZZA, BUT I'S THE ONE WIFF DA FANCY HAT, AND USE THE ONE WIFF NUFINK.

GORK AN MORK FINK USE A NANCY UMIE COS U GOT NO FANCY 'AT.

>>124174747
Yeah I know, Im looking forward to that like a motherfucker.
It just means that large small vessels are basically fucking pointless.
>>
>>124174798
>large small ships
You mean the medium ships from small blocks? On the contrary. I firmly believe that a heavy corvette has quite a point. It is faster than a large ship, can mount a bristling arsenal of weapons, jumps easier and can generally evade the heavy calibres of large ships with more ease.

And when that thing uses kinetic penetrators to chew up shields and deploys heavy missiles, it will put down quite some pain.

Trust me here. I am on your side.
>>
>>124173818
>fun

STRICTLY
VERBOTEN
>>
>>124174941

But they cant mount any kind of proper flak defence.
Meaning small fighters and missiles can just fuck their shit up desu senpai.

I mean I'm still gonna build them becuase fuck yes, but muh flak wall ;;
>>
>>124175283

I dont know if you meant to link that.
>>
>>124173891
ai turrets are the only way to combat ayylmaos and offline raidfags
>>
>>124175352
True. In a game where you personally control the vehicle however it's a bad idea because it's boring.

Though, you could have an AI that turns the ship to fire. R-right?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>124175351
I did not, on my phone and for some reason it copied the URL to some shitty tv show instead of the video I copied from, thanks youtube.

Anyway

Space elivators are hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3qRU8IUotk
>>
>>124175557

>only one block thick
That seems like a bad idea.

On the flip side, build shields into it and it should be fine.
>>
>>124175031
>Meaning small fighters and missiles can just fuck their shit up desu senpai.

Nah. You mount AMS turrets. I am talking about tiny, 1x1x1, 7.62x51mm turrets with super fast tracking, RoF and high accuracy.
>>
>>124175821

>1x1x1 turrets
Dear christ in heaven.

I am going to have so many of those.
>>
Fucking turrets...
>>
>have all this weapon shit
>not even a pvp serb
>>
>eggstation still up and running
glory to nanotrasen
>>
>>124176509

There is pvp if you wardec.
Also, if you build on the incoming desert planet which is open pvp always.
>>
>>124175757
The whole thing was a bad but entertaining idea.
>>
Various sized spiders when ?

10x size spider when ?

100x size spider when ?
>>
>>124176509
Here's the thing. If Keen does not release the planet modding soon, I will drop another Mars and declare that Arrakis until they do. That planet and it's gravwell will be full PvP. I might even declare the space around it out to 100km to be a PvP zone for some space battles.

Additionally, I will add a moon, using Earf as a basis, with the same rules applied to it.

I do want PvP. But I do want it in a way that it is a) optional and b) balanced to some degree. Spengies is lacking in weaponry to make this feasible, so I am doing my best to fix it.
>>
>>124176947
Remove turrets for pvp, done.
>>
File: reee.jpg (176KB, 568x1014px) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
176KB, 568x1014px
>>124177190
>he doesn't want to steer his space-iowa into the thick of battle and watch the cumbersome 410mm main batteries turn to KAA-RONK his enemies

fun police pls go
>>
>>124173818
Spider queen when

>each queen is leader of separate spider factions
>spawns spiders within X range around her
>deep nest cave systems

>two queens spawn near each other
>>Spider wars
>>
>>124177712
>add reputation
>exterminate all but one faction in an area
>faction begins to tolerate your presence
>personal Spider army
>>
>>124177712
>spider queens suck the juices out of human bodies to make more spoidas
>befriend spoida queen
>[CENSORED]
>"symbiotic relationship"
>>
>>124176578
>>124176947
Yeah, having played on a bunch of creative-game servers the best way to handle PVP is by mutual consent. If SE was a little beefier I'd suggest holding server events like staged PvE battles to encourage base builders to leave every so often.
>>
>>124178317
This is why Arrakis is a gud idea. Spice means a reason to go there with a ship, do there is actual risk involved. Unless you're still a shitter and just corpse-raid everythig and steal entire ships
>>
>>124177392
turrents are good for the monsters
>>
File: 1425847262640.jpg (169KB, 1280x880px) Image search: [Google]
1425847262640.jpg
169KB, 1280x880px
>>124178314
>Half human half spoidah drones to defend your increasingly organic underground base/hive.

Pls anon, come back before it's too late.
>>
>>124179031
>turrent
>n
REEEEE
>>
>>124179081
>>124178314

Welcome to Gaia's Stepdaughters.
Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>124179081
>tfw keen makes another game
>biology engineers
>mutating organisms
>ported to spengies

ZERG WHEN
>>
>>124179147
:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
File: 010-dune-theredlist.jpg (40KB, 751x332px) Image search: [Google]
010-dune-theredlist.jpg
40KB, 751x332px
>>124179019
>Unless you're still a shitter and just corpse-raid everythig and steal entire ships

It's ad-hoc, but I'd suggest despawning items on Arrakis when the owner leaves. It would approximate the effect of the Worms at least, and encourage people to figure out how to get their stuff on and off of planet.
>>
>>124179421
Yes
Ced do this
>>
>>124179421
>>124179019
>leaving ships unattended
>waah ced make it so da meanies can't take my shit
>>
>>124179081
>completely organic spaceships/bases
>squishy everything
>player looks like the spawn of Nurgle
>control panels interface directly with your nervous system with very squishy sound effects
yes please
>>
File: pewpewpew.jpg (554KB, 1390x951px) Image search: [Google]
pewpewpew.jpg
554KB, 1390x951px
>>124179421
>>124179516
Would only be possible to do manually. And I really do not want to be the triggerman on something like this. Instead, I'd leave this up to players. You can opt to let someone live or raid their shit if they left it there.

Suggesting if you look for permanent installations, they are well hidden and protected.

If Keen allows for adjusting spawn rates, I will make that planet a bug ridden horrorshow, though. If your base/camp has no defenses, bugs will eat it.

>>124179591
If you are inside the PvP zone, there will be no help, no protection, no admin assistance, no mercy and no ifs or butts. If you leave your shit there, you better hide it in an asteroid powered down, inside a hole in the ground, or it can and possibly will be raided.

And I will not lift a finger. That is a promise.

Only exception: You crashed and a ship needs recovery because of the keenest of codes has struck. Any abuse of this will result in ship deletion and removal from access list. That is also a promise.
>>
>arrakis catapult tonks soon
>>
>>124179147
::^^))
Please tell me you were >>124170750 as well
>>
>>124180023
>and removal from access list
ced pls
>>
>>124180237
No, that's insulting, only retarded half-children from /r9k/ actually spam that dumb frog meme.
>>
>>124180707
I see.
>>
File: howisgunformed.jpg (105KB, 857x418px) Image search: [Google]
howisgunformed.jpg
105KB, 857x418px
Pic related in case anyone wonders what goes into making a weapon in Spengies.

>>124180472
If I find anyway taking my time for granted to abuse it for admin favours, this person has clearly expressed their disrespect. Removal from a service I am providing free of charge seems like an appropriate response.

I won't be a princess about it. But if someone intends to fuck with me, I will simply put a permanent stop to it. :^)
>>
>>124174514
Load the ship, on the screen whhere you select what you load click "spin 90 degrees" on the top right
>>
>ftd devtest
>Oil refineries, storage, subvehicle changes, new engines
>>
Sent a ticket to our host, asking about that premium program again. Let's hope they get on it fast.
>>
File: 1411322174187.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1411322174187.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>124182512
>waiting for the last components and rebalance of engines and resources
>ground components soon
>>
>>124182868
#HOPE
>>
File: -egg-.tif.png (136KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
-egg-.tif.png
136KB, 800x568px
>>124182960
>still no engineering game with a proper electrical system where you have to properly balance use of DC and multiple AC systems, use components to exchange current for voltage, engineer the fuck out of shit to make transatlantic tesla coils, etc.
>>
>>124182512
Any dates for the release? The forum is a mess
>>
>>124183568
There is a point that it becomes no longer fun to play as building ends up requiring abuse of prefabs to avoid spending 400 hours per build. FtD has a pretty good balance and I'd consider DF2010 and later to be really close to that point.
>>
File: 1446486106400.jpg (399KB, 1600x2348px) Image search: [Google]
1446486106400.jpg
399KB, 1600x2348px
So, what crazy space engineers update will come today?

I say multiplayer that's playbale.
>>
>>124179421
I disagree and think this would cause less use of the planet. People are already encouraged to get their stuff on/off planet by bringing down enough tools/materials needed to start a base if a suitable spot is found.
>>
File: smugmarek.jpg (683KB, 2832x4256px) Image search: [Google]
smugmarek.jpg
683KB, 2832x4256px
>>124184730
no :)
>>
>>124185163
Stop it Marek!
>>
File: 244850_2015-12-03_00001.png (824KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
244850_2015-12-03_00001.png
824KB, 1920x1080px
>manage to login after God knows how long
>UI looks like this
>>
Wings today.
>>
>>124185268

Oh that's a bug, gotta quit and re-open.
>>
>>124185213
>>
File: 1448724274784.jpg (121KB, 557x844px) Image search: [Google]
1448724274784.jpg
121KB, 557x844px
>those shitters complaining about turrets
>>
>>124187709
Find the guy who never shuts up about pvp
>>
>>124174147
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=405233525
>>
>want to play spengies and be creative
>want to play undertale and veg out
halp
>>
>>124188509
You trying to get bullied kid?
>>
Do you guys think that camera missile aiming script would work for gravcannons, assuming the projectiles have side thrusters?
>>
>>124188509
>playing shit ass independent meme games
>>
>>124187709
Depends.
In a game like spengies it's pretty much fine. The game isn't really about PvP.
In a PvP game turrets/sentry guns are just area denial. If you stand within a certain distance of it, you start taking damage. Turn speeds, bullet speeds and damage itself can make it more interesting but turret vs turret combat would end up being long range turret running away from short range turret. It would be a very boring fight.

Fixed angles makes for some fun flanking play.
>>
>>124188737
>>124188779
>breaks fourth wall
>fucking amazing music
>interesting characters and story
>dont even have to fight anything, talk them down
>cute dog village

I really don't understand the hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqzBv3FYpr0
just listen to this shit
>>
>>124188969
You know why everyone hates it?
Because you fucking talk about it all the time. Not you, specifically, people like you. We've heard how fucking incredible it is a million goddamn times, and, admittedly it is, but that's no fucking reason to spam it ad infinitum all the time. Yes, it has great music, we fucking know this. Yes, it's funny, we fucking know this. Yes, it's a good and creative game, we fucking know this. Now stop talking about shit we already know.
>>
>>124189113
Thank you. Now I know it's just 4chan and not anything taboo about the game.
>>
>>124189113
All of this. It's like the mlp fandom all over again.

>>124188969
Also I'm not sure if breaking the forth wall is a good thing. Personally I hated it in every single game/movie.
>>
>>124190149
>>124188969
Breaking the 4th wall ruins immersion and is also bad writing.
>>
space in space is space
>>
>>124190302
>playing Pillars of Eternity
>love to really get into the roleplaying
>checking out some grave stones
>just random bullshit backers wrote
>immediately all immersion is killed
Goddamit.
>>
File: tank treads.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
tank treads.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>124189620
Oh, there's plenty of taboo about the game. And it's not 4chan, you dimwit, it's SPOILER ALERT: people that complain.

>>124190302
I posit that 4th wall breaking can be done in an appropriately comedic setting to be humorous, but this is not a thread about literature, humor nor undertale. Engineering games.
>>
>>124190149
>>124190302
It does it when you are reloading saves after making decisions and stuff, about how you are playing god and shit.
>>
>>124190609
That's a big vehicle.
>>
File: IMG_26102015_082823 - cut.jpg (170KB, 652x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_26102015_082823 - cut.jpg
170KB, 652x383px
>>124188969
>>124188509
>still shilling memetale
>>
There aren't enough 2D PvP games with design of ships and bots.

Everyone's just like
Muh graphics
>>
File: For You.png (262KB, 656x360px) Image search: [Google]
For You.png
262KB, 656x360px
>>124190718
>>
>>124191258
I had fun with 3 friends building castles in Terraria and attacking one another with grenades and shit.

But that's not exactly what you want I guess.
>>
>>124191589
Terraria is good.
I'm just here to sulk about long-dead games, games that don't exist and games that should exist and I'd like to find.
>>
File: file.png (641KB, 1434x899px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
641KB, 1434x899px
Spent half the day dicking about, and testing shit out on this ship.

Holy fuck are missiles easier to make and way more effective. No need for a giant ass turrets that almost flip the ship either.
>>
File: spessbatel.webm (3MB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
spessbatel.webm
3MB, 1152x720px
>>124191258
Try Gimbal. 2D vehicle design and simple aerodynamics.
Too bad that the playerbase is nonexistant, and the few people who play it regularly are braindead and/or artship fagtrons.
>>
>go to make some blueprints in creative in Spengies
>it keeps loading the wrong savegame when I try and load my preload world save
WHY.
>>
>>124193120
Oh. I remember someone mentioning it.

I'll go check it out again.
>>
>>124193060
How did you take that screenshot? Is that how the game saves them?
>>
http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-111-new-weapon-tool-tiers-performance-improvements.7375653/#post-1286899797

W E A P O N T I E R S
>>
>>124193060
Nice laser tit.
>>
>>124194389
>Keen watching us and trying to steal Ced's thunder
>>
>>124193060
>yfw I hit your array with railgun from 2km away
>>
>>124194545
>duel between ced and marek
>>
>>124194235
I'd assume they used Steam's f12 screenshot function
>>
>>124194818
*when
>>
>>124194906
Never seen it fuck up screenshots like that.
>>
>>124194982
They're probably in windowed mode which squashes the image.
>>
>>124195143
It's because the retard is in 4:3, which is obvious from how squashed the GUI is.
>>
>>124194389
BAKA DESU SENPAI CEDS GONNA HAVE TO STEP UP HIS GAME
>>
File: ONI SOMA.gif (1019KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
ONI SOMA.gif
1019KB, 500x337px
Weapon tiers? Oh holy fuuuuuuu-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0acVnO4cLHg
>>
Server rebooting for update.

Also, piss off Markel. That shit has been in the game files for weeks. All they did was remove the hider tags. Wow. This update is literally 3 minutes of work by the intern.
>>
>>124195329
I can give you 8 more tiers in 10 minutes. This is dogshit.
>>
>>124195398
You seem upset :*)
>>
File: file.png (88KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
88KB, 300x218px
>>124195728
gibe spinfusor instead?
>>
Todays update isn't out yet, meaning it's not a bugfixing update.
HYPE
>>
File: supermatter.gif (2MB, 370x274px) Image search: [Google]
supermatter.gif
2MB, 370x274px
>infinifactory
>>
Has anyone had a problem with Spengies crashing when you save? It started crashing on me seemingly at random, but then I realize it was whenever the world autosaved because it died when I did a manual save as well.

It worked twelve hours ago when I last played, what the fuck happened?
>>
File: file.png (1014KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1014KB, 1440x900px
>>124194235
>>124194906
>>124194982
>>124195143
I know, it's a shitty screenshot, whatever

I used prnt screen and copy pasted directly into the postbox, sue me
>>
>>124197783
Balls of steel
>>
File: 2015-11-22_15 30 21.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_15 30 21.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>124197783
your ships are shit
>>
>>124197582
Got the same issue. Extremely helpful when testing mods. :^^^^^^^^)

>>124195926
Amazed at their audacity more like it.

>>124196134
Gib model.
>>
>>124198581
>Amazed at their audacity more like it.

Mirkel smirkel.webum
>>
File: ihopethisworksout.jpg (348KB, 1841x838px) Image search: [Google]
ihopethisworksout.jpg
348KB, 1841x838px
>>
File: 1409656349483.jpg (103KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1409656349483.jpg
103KB, 887x1097px
>>124199612
>not just blocking at 17:55 and moving on
you must have the patience of a fucking saint
>>
File: turboautist.png (47KB, 424x467px) Image search: [Google]
turboautist.png
47KB, 424x467px
steam cringe general
>>
>>124200321
>blocked
>>
File: file.png (244KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
244KB, 1920x1200px
>>124198581
>gib model
will a folder with all the tribes ascend models work? I found these by searching but know diddly squat about models
>>
File: 2015-12-03_00003.jpg (330KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03_00003.jpg
330KB, 1680x1050px
Functional and aesthetic?
>>
File: file.png (1002KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1002KB, 1440x900px
>>124198186
Sorry for not making a masterpiece on the first day.

I'm doing all right though, fun game. Any useful guied on how to get guns down on size? Fucking turrets are fuckhuge and heavy.
>>
>>124201112
Just accept that they're going to require some space and build them on a 1-axis turret base starting from the bottom of the hull. This also moves their center of mass down, although recoil may still be an issue in a small boat.
>>
>>124200459
I'd need source files and textures. Encoded models aren't much use. Sorry.
>>
>>124201112
I think your bewts are cute :3 But you're gonna have a bad day with exposed controls, add some shields to that bitch.

Captcha: select all images with boats
Thread posts: 785
Thread images: 214

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.