[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rpgmg/ RPG Maker General 108

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 706
Thread images: 179

File: tarbosaurus_bataar.gif (72KB, 700x375px) Image search: [Google]
tarbosaurus_bataar.gif
72KB, 700x375px
RPG Maker MV is out. There are bugs concerning auto tiles and music for some people. There has been a patch recently, so try reinstalling if you have MV on Steam.

Trial Download: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/free-trials/trial-rpg-maker-mv

Trial Mirror: https://mega.nz/#!HNRDmQKS!6YhUUEA3YpRYEaruDgfUmFD2kZcOB7pv3rSssUOM2bs

Base Resources: https://www.mediafire.com/?ndx431biclng833

Cover Art DLC: https://mega.nz/#!NhlnyZhS!VOOR6OvkVZYG6el9dzU8mELBBblqc8iSdthZNNMZK94

Essentials DLC: https://mega.nz/#!h1snEB7C!u89Cv_duppE6QBUC1N1ZKWxnccUfPK-1Fu8TAySj6ic

Plugins: http://www.mediafire.com/download/afcef53z4d2retv/RPGmakerWeb_plugins.zip

RPGMMV Crack: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=94706179999319730759

/rpgmg/ Wikia
http://rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki//rpgmg/_Games_Wikia

Getting started
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ignTofv_bDRVHPUk9_sEpLUjuFyxpuy2Cr9mXDwkb0/

Art Resources
http://pastebin.com/FgVGxTqW (embed) (embed)

Updated DLC Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/D1Nr8Zwd (embed) (embed)

Humble Bundle DLC
https://mega.co.nz/#F!eJQEWLiC!Y66_MZgvuwB2ZUn2m6GzSQ

RPG Maker VX Ace Master Script List
http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double Anon !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk

Currently working:
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Queue:
-Silent Maid again? Some anon? I didn't quite get this.

MIA:

- !YakshaO2qs
- Anonymous PhD !!QqXzW/bDL5y

Version 12: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fgjv2fucr51c3r/rpgmgcollab_v12.exe
>>
Why do you want dinosaurs so much anon?
>>
Nice, that fucker OP didn't used my fucking OP post template with my fucking good Shia LaBeouf pic. Now everything still a mess and we have this fucking fuckingsaur as reference for RPG Maker. For God's sake, I beg god so much you never ever find your dinosaur's assets and never complete that fucking shit-to-be game.
>>
File: sochet-naga_hybrid3-coltest.png (90KB, 653x502px) Image search: [Google]
sochet-naga_hybrid3-coltest.png
90KB, 653x502px
>>123050813
Scaled things are neat. Why not want dinos?

>>123050268
Haha, thanks. I wasn't completely happy with how that piece came out but I'm glad other people like it.
>>
File: rpgmakerwoo.png (17KB, 754x601px) Image search: [Google]
rpgmakerwoo.png
17KB, 754x601px
I have taught myself how to sprite!

I'm not sure where to go from here though.
>>
>>123051627
=D
>>
>>123052484
Just practice. There's lots of things you could do with that sprite to make it come alive - you'll learn them if you keep practicing, studying shadows, understand color theory, and figure out how to generate context-specific contrast and shapes.
>>
File: oh fuck.jpg (146KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oh fuck.jpg
146KB, 640x480px
>>
Oy.
>>
File: yo.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>123057735
Yo.
>>
File: 1429384147247.png (211KB, 364x673px) Image search: [Google]
1429384147247.png
211KB, 364x673px
>>123058531
Oh, hey! Did you finally figure out how to animate water tiles or did you give up on that?
>>
File: AT (1).jpg (103KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
AT (1).jpg
103KB, 500x583px
I have a question for you guys re: Adventure Time RPG.

Should I keep the stat numbers high, in the hundreds (Finn would have 300 HP), for the sake of simplicity?
OR,
Should I lower them, so that Finn, for example, has 15 HP?

If the latter, has anybody done it before, and what's the best way to go about it? I feel like I'm going to be making an awful lot of hassle for myself in the future, but lower numbers seem to suit Adventure Time better (Like Mario RPGs).
>>
I'd find easier and better to handle with lower numbers, for Adventure Time.
>>
>>123063640
I think low stat numbers should look fine. You'll have to change quite a bit from the default stat modifiers, though.
>>
>>123069262
>>123069279
I've just never delved too far into that aspect of RPG Maker and I'm not sure where to start or what I'll need to change to make sure that it all works smoothly.

Currently I have modified the Parameter Curves in the Classes.
>>
>>123069424
I believe the guy making the robutts game was going for low stats. I haven't really tried myself either, but don't see how that wouldn't work.
>>
btw, Silent Maid is next on the queue. Not sure why the OP maker didn't fix that, but leaving a note for that just in case anyone was wondering.
>>
What weapons should my item-user / chemist / thief character have in a medieval-ish high fantasy setting? I want everyone having at least two options, but right now for him there's only guns.

Knives, claws, and books are already taken by other characters.
>>
>>123071520
Throwing weapons? Doesn't have to be knives, could use small axes made for throwing too, boomerangs might work as well.
>>
>>123071520
Grappling Hook? Whip?
>>
>>123071604
>>123071780
Yeah, boomerangs can work. Grappling hooks sound cool, maybe with low damage but skills to tangle/ensnare enemies.
>>
>>123072595
Bombs maybe? Like the Plague Doctor from Darkest Dungeon.
>>
File: Crstmas.png (97KB, 630x147px) Image search: [Google]
Crstmas.png
97KB, 630x147px
If anyone is interested, we were planning a couple of weeks ago of doing a christmas game jam. Details here:
http://rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki/Christmas_Jam

tl;dr
Starting 25th Nov until 25th Dec, make a short game as a present for the thread.
>>
>>123077215
Will there be a theme?
>>
>>123077520
Dinosaurs
>>
>>123077520
There's nothing set in stone, but some anons said we should make it festive.
>>
>>123077679
Would birds count as dinosaurs?
>>
File: dino-snowball.jpg (139KB, 500x361px)
dino-snowball.jpg
139KB, 500x361px
>>123077679
Christmas dinosaurs?
>>
>>123077215
I've got a rough plot lined up for mine, and it will be festive.

Also, maybe dinosaurs.
>>
>>123063640
I've always hated that the default stats for being in the hundreds. It's really confusing early game, while with low numbers it's way easier to follow the progression.
>>
>>123076840
There are various types of bombs that are usable as items, mostly because the ability to "equip" something you can run out of never made sense to me.
>>
How do I read input properly in VX Ace?
Why is the button "Z" read as :C when it comes to input? How do I find out what the other buttons are and how do I read them properly?
>>
>>123081154
Press F1 while playtesting.

As a conditional branch in a parallel process you can repeatedly check "player is pressing..." to have them do things on the map.
>>
>>123082246
Thanks a lot, will take that into account for future notice.
>>
>>123082616
I used it to turn "A" into a knife-throwing button. Normally if an enemy runs into you, a battle starts with them having an advantage. If you throw a knife into them, a battle starts with you having the advantage instead.

I also turned the dashing button into a "fleeing" one in dungeons, so you can walk through enemies without instigating combat. It hurts to do so, and stronger enemies hurt more to walk through. Still haven't decided whether this should be able to KO characters and cause a game over.

I'm planning on turning "S" into a "talk to party" key, in case the player hasn't played in a while and has forgotten what their goal is, or gets too stumped on a puzzle and needs a hint.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-22+at+09.06.53).png (69KB, 646x509px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-22+at+09.06.53).png
69KB, 646x509px
>>123084334
That's actually a pretty cool idea.
I've made it so that when the button "S" is pressed, the currently used skill or item is used. And I'm using "A" and "D" to switch between three binded skills/items. I'll need to expand upon it, but I'll be doing that tomorrow.
>>
>>123084334
I LOVE party chat, so please do that.
>>
File: Capture.png (158KB, 877x479px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
158KB, 877x479px
In MV, is there any script call, plug in, or method to change [variable] event's image?

It would be so nice if I could just
>gameMap.event($gameVariables[1]).setImage(XXXX)

I can't find anything even remotely useful in
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit?pli=1#gid=0
but I hope that's just because I'm blind or something.
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 374x79px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 374x79px
>>123090812
>>gameMap.event($gameVariables[1]).setImage(XXXX)
Well, I'm glad my programming intuition isn't totally off. My guess looks pretty close to this. I guess I'll play around a bit and see if I can kick something up, but please, if anyone has any help, I'd be glad to hear it.
>>
>>123059840
still don't know =)
>>
File: Capture.png (23KB, 499x507px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23KB, 499x507px
>>123090812
>>123091041
H-Help? What is (name, index)?
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 508x192px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 508x192px
>>123092540
>>123091041
>>123090812
>hurr, just put apostrophes around it
Fucking JS

I hope someone is following and/or learning from my journey of discovery here.
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 555x118px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 555x118px
>>123093397
Well shit, this doesn't work.
>>
>>123077941
yessss
>>
>>123093818
Are you sure $gameVariables[1] returns an integer and that that integer is 2 (or whatever other valid index is allowed)?
>>
File: Capture.png (21KB, 724x463px)
Capture.png
21KB, 724x463px
>>123094030
I'm sure of literally nothing. I'm just dicking around and referencing rpg_objects.js in notepad as inspiration for what to try.

I'm using $gameVariables[n] the same way I would have used $game_variables[n] in Ace, but clearly it isn't the same.

Also, it isn't helping that all I'm finding is $gameVariables.value() or $gameVariables.setValue() in notepad. Any tips?
>>
>>123094371
I asked because I don't know whether MV's arrays are indexed at 0 or 1. "Control Variable 1" may in fact be referred to as $gameVariables[0] is all.

If it is the right integer, then perhaps there's a different return for when a function is being run versus a simple variable assignment?

I'd go look up the getter for $gameVariables and make sure there's not an exception being made for this case - you might be accidentally tripping it up with how you're calling for it.

If there isn't and it's still not working, try adding a '-1' to your $gameVariables[i], like: $gameVariables[i-1] and see if it works then.

If that still doesn't work then I guess the issue is the context in which we're running these commands which, for some reason, is making it so that your code isn't running the way we're assuming it should be run.
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 620x500px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 620x500px
>>123094371
Also,
>= $gameVariables.value(variableId);
my ass. The three values that work here are 0, 1, or 2. Variable 1 is 0 by default, which would have worked in test if it worked.

>>123094687
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Try plugging in literally
>$gameVariables[1-1]
?
>>
>>123094882
Yep. You could also just input that as 0, I was just putting it in a flexible context because maybe you want to make a function which returns the right index array or something later.

>Variable 1 is 0 by default, which would have worked in test if it worked.
Technically speaking, it could be displayed as 0 because it's impossible to get a 'null number' from it - for instance if all the variables start off as null but if you refer to them they get auto-defined to 0 if null and so can't ever return 'null' - but that wouldn't naturally extend to scripts.

Are you sure that the return value's type isn't null or undefined? You can test for that with JS I think though I don't know the function for it.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 458x114px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 458x114px
>>123094687
To reiterate what I mean by I don't understand, even if $gameVariables[1] meant in-game variable 2 (~R~ Secondary in this case), it still should have worked because a value of 0 works fine (the three vehicles are 0, 1, and 2, respectively).

Pic related. Also how I figured out about using apostrophes.
>>
>>123095134
Oh, I think I get what you're saying. Give me a minute to play around.
>>
>>123095134
Well, I tested $gameVariables[0], $gameVariables[1-1], $gameVariables.value[0], and $gameVariables[1-1] all to the same effect.

>Cannot read property 'setImage' of null

If it's worth anything, I'm not doing any scripting. Just trying to figure out how to image change via a Script Call in the native engine. I'm hoping that if I can get this working with the built-in option of changing vehicle image, I can eventually also get it to work with changing an event's image by variable.
>>
>>123095741
>I'm not doing any scripting.
You are - these are just miniscripts.

>Cannot read property 'setImage' of null
Well, it's returning null, which lends credence to my theory. Try printing out the value of $gameVariables[0] - see if it prints null or 0.
>>
>>123095982
Ehrm, how do I "print out the value of $gameVariables[0]"?
>>
>how do I "print out the value of $gameVariables[0]"
console.log("$gameVariables[0]");

(You'll need to enable your console to see the print statement, which you can do by hitting F12 at runtime and hitting the 'Console' tab. Tip: You can also run commands directly in the Console tab so you can check your data/functions out in a realtime context if you're attempting to debug stuff)

So if your input value is valid (returns a number) then the output value is bad (the image that number is meant to retrieve). It might be returning null because the engine can't find the image you're talking about.

If that's the case, what should the function tell the engine to load if the variable you're referring to has a value of 0?
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 584x271px)
Capture.png
18KB, 584x271px
>>123095982
It's null. I did pic related - the image for the airship vanished completely. Then I replaced $gameVariables[2] it with just a 0 and it returned the 0 image (little boat), so the variables can't be 0 by default, right?
>>
>>123096491
>console.log("$gameVariables[0]");
Er, whoops.
console.log($gameVariables[0]);

Right. That means that when you ask for a value with RPG Maker MV's event command system it'll automatically define that variable if it didn't have a value already as '0'.

That means that since you're not using that system [you're talking to it directly rather than through their functions/etc] it's null when you talk to it. So you'll have to replicate what MV is doing by defining the value of the variable you're about to refer to.

You can do that simply with $gameVariables[x] = i; where x is your target index and i is the value you want the variable to default to. Just make sure that declaration occurs before you ask for that value and it ought to work.
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 479x157px)
Capture.png
52KB, 479x157px
>>123096491
I think I got it covered in a roundabout way in >>123096504. Pic related is by testing environment.

Essentially, if vehicle(2) works, it will change the airship's image to whatever. If I somehow accidentally a vehicle(0), It will change the rowboat's image to whatever.

If setImage('VX_Vehicle', 2) is that whatever, the new image will be a green balloon from VX. This worked in >>123093397. Similarly, if I somehow accidentally a setImage('VX_Vehicle', 0), the new image will be the little row boat from VX.
>>
>>123096827
So is there no way to Script Call the variables set by the event functions? Because that would be a huge shame. What I don't understand is that it worked fine in Ace with $game_variables[n], or at least I thought it did. I recall using a script call to move an event to ($game_variables[1], $game_variables[2]) where both values were set via the function in the event, as I'm trying to do in all my screenshots.

I'm in so far over my head here.
>>
File: Capture.png (361KB, 684x486px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
361KB, 684x486px
>>123096827
Also, to show that I'm listening.
>>
>>123097435
>What I don't understand is that it worked fine in Ace with $game_variables[n], or at least I thought it did.

Very well might've. Remember though that MV was built from the ground up - stuff like how things are declared and when they're defined, contexts, etc. have all potentially changed.

>So is there no way to Script Call the variables set by the event functions?
Didn't say that. Just said that you need to define it if it's not already defined.
If you're afraid of 'overwriting' an existing variable, just test to see if that variable has already been defined by asking JS if $gameVariables[x] is null and, if it is, declaring it before you try to refer to it.

You can call the variables however you'd like - you just have to keep an awareness that the variables might not be defined if this is the first time you're referring to them. There's something you're not accounting for in your code which is leading to you passing null values to the engine (which it doesn't know how to handle, so it errors out) - fixing the issue which causes those null values to be passed will cause your miniscript to immediately function.
>>
File: Capture.png (480KB, 873x586px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
480KB, 873x586px
>>123098009
I'm just curious why $\game/Variable isn't actually referencing the game variables. On the plus side, you have essentially answered my initial dilemma - I can change an event's image by a variable, as seen in pic related. That cuts my work down exactly x18 times.

Two more questions, if you don't mind.
>Can you give me an example for what I can call the variables that wouldn't interfere with anything?
I seriously wasn't concerned about that until you brought it up.

>Where might I even start to try to get $gameVariables[n] to actually refer to the game variable n again?
>>
Hi, guys! Does anyone know how could I do a save/load game system like The Legend of Zelda series? 3 slots, not showing who's on the party, showing some icons/graphics, etc.? I don't mind doing it via events/pictures and so, but I don't know how to show custom info/graphics/icons in a prettier scene than RM:MV default loading screen.

Thanks!
>>
File: sgsag.png (910KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
sgsag.png
910KB, 1440x900px
My first time using RPG Maker, and Im starting to better understand how the tile system works.

I was reading about plugins for MV.
Does anyone know a good place to download plugins? Thanks.
>>
>>123099428
Read the OP, family.
>>
File: sochet-naga_hybrid4-shading.png (96KB, 1096x697px) Image search: [Google]
sochet-naga_hybrid4-shading.png
96KB, 1096x697px
>>123098774
>I'm just curious why $\game/Variable isn't actually referencing the game variables.
Ah. Perhaps you're just not far enough down the coding rabbit hole to have learned about definition vs. declaration yet.

What I'm guessing MV does when it sets everything up is it sets up the $gameVariable array up at start using logic something like the following:

for(i=0;i<maximumArraySize;i++){
int $gameVariable[i];
}

In C#/C++ all we've done there is just make an array with no values - all we've done is told these values 'you're meant to store/return integers' but they don't actually have a number defined. So if you ask $gameVariable[1] what its number is immediately following the above example, it'll return null because - of course - we haven't given it a value yet even though we can refer to it and it's been created.

I'm assuming something similar is happening here in JS because you're asking for a value which should exist but isn't guaranteed to - which may mean that the variables array has been *declared* but not *defined*.

So with the above explained, the answer to your question is: We are referencing the game variables as you'd expect - the twist is that you're asking game variables for values when they haven't been given any (though of course now you know how to fix that). Trippy, right?

Anywho, onwards to your other questions.

>Can you give me an example for what I can call the variables that wouldn't interfere with anything?

Sure. Something like this ought to work (=== is not a typo, replace i with whatever index you want to refer to):

if ($gameVariables[i] === null){
$gameVariables[i] = 0;
Console.log('$gameVariable['+string(i)+'] attempted to return a null number. Defaulted to 0.');
}
else{
return $gameVariables[i];
}

Unrelated, more progress on my snakeman from earlier.
>>
File: Untitled.png (236KB, 545x442px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
236KB, 545x442px
>>123094371
>I'm sure of literally nothing.
In Ace you could press F9 in playtesting to see the current values of game switches/variables. Might still be around for MV.
>>
>>123100097
That still works in MV, but that is honestly the very least of the issues of what's going on here. Thank you, though.
>>
>>123100097
Yar. But we've already discovered that MV seems to be fibbing a bit. As long as you're using only the event command system it's not technically lying because even though the numbers are actually null until you assign them a value you can't actually get them to break anything because it's been all safety-padded to prevent null errors and whatnot.

So all those '0's are actually probably 'null' if you asked them through the scripts. In all other cases it should be displaying the right values though. It's just a little white lie which, if told the truth, would confuse beginners to programming.
>>
File: carno2.png (3MB, 2454x1555px)
carno2.png
3MB, 2454x1555px
DARE YOU ENTER THE REALM OF DUNGEONS AND DINOSAURS?
>>
>>123099961
>the twist is that you're asking game variables for values when they haven't been given any
But according to >>123094371, which is from rpg_objects.js, aren't we giving them a value when we use the function "Control Variable" in the editor? In every example I tried, I've always included the red line in >>123093397, and we tried both $gameVariables[1] and $gameVariables[0] to get it to read it, to no avail.

I understand (now) that they start as null, but isn't the "Control Variable: Set" function literally doing
>$gameVariable.setValue(1, null = 2);
according to rpg_objects.js?

>>123100461
> In all other cases it should be displaying the right values though
That's what I've been trying to test. It was still coming up as null, even when you've given them values.
>>
>>123101668
>aren't we giving them a value when we use the function "Control Variable" in the editor?
Yeah. I was just speaking about times when you're not using Control Variable and are accessing/defining/writing the variables through the scripts directly.

> It was still coming up as null, even when you've given them values.
Hm. Then the only other thing I can think of is somehow we're in the wrong context, the order of execution is bad, or the name of the variable is wrong (e.g. we're referring to it as $gameVariables when it's actually $gameVariable).

Is $gameVariables[] a global context (as the $ would usually signify...) or is it inside another existing object (e.g. a Scene)? Can we see where $gameVariables is initialized?
>>
File: Capture.png (78KB, 1020x613px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
78KB, 1020x613px
>>123102113
For example, I can give every single variable a value right from the go, and it still will come up as a null.

>or the name of the variable is wrong
That's what I've been wondering, but $gameVariables[n] is the JS version of what they did in Ace, and it's how they used it both in rpg_objects.js and the Script Call list.

Actually, maybe not. In both cases, it's given as
>$gameVariables.setValue(var, value);
By using that Script Call, I can literally change a game variable to a new value. So how can I then read that value in a Script Call?

>Can we see where $gameVariables is initialized?
Asking the wrong guy. I just open up all the game's data files in notepad++. And honestly, the .js files are nothing like the C code I've just barely dipped my toes in.
>>
>>123102794
>So how can I then read that value in a Script Call?
Well, if it's got a setter it has to have a getter.

Is there a $gameVariables.readValue(var, value); function?
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 1360x727px)
Capture.png
58KB, 1360x727px
>>123102993
Firstly, I opened a few more of the engine's js files. I found this, which matches the "starts as a null" thing. Don't know if it actually helps.

I'll go play around with readValue - but seriously, if I have to give the value for it to read it, that's just banananas.
>>
>>123103415
That's actually more interesting than I think you realize. Normally arrays are declared with [] in the name to signify that they're an array of values.

That may mean that $gameVariables[] isn't an actual array but perhaps a HashTable or something else - which would change how we'd have to refer to indexes from it.

I'm not sure how to pull values from non-array arraylike data objects. I think HashTable might be something like {}? I'd have to go look it up.
>>
File: Capture.png (338KB, 1263x498px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
338KB, 1263x498px
>>123103648
In SO far over my head.

Still in my dicking around phase. The engine REALLY did not like "readValue" commands. However, to answer an old question, variable[1] does refer to the game variable 1.
>>
>>123103415
Meanwhile though, if readValue works then there's no need to re-invent the wheel. setValue/readValue should work identically to Control Variable and Conditional Branch[Variable] so it shouldn't error out if you refer to your values that way.

I'm intrigued on why the [] doesn't work and yet the custom functions do - but if you're tired of debugging and trying to sort this puzzle out feel free to just try the below.

e.g.
$gameMap.vehicle($gameVariable.readValue(1)).setImage('VX_Vehicle', $gameVariable.readValue(2));

>The engine REALLY did not like "readValue" commands.
Invalid function? If so, maybe they didn't write a custom getter even though they wrote a custom setter. Curious. This is getting suddenly deeper than I'd expect for something so innocuous as 'get/set a variable'.

I'd dig around the files myself to confirm there's no readValue but I'm pretty occupied at the moment. (You can try to find it quickly with Notepad++ by doing Ctrl+F and searching for readValue - I'd check rpg_managers.js and rpg_core.js)
>>
Yanfly's a plugin machine. You can't stop her! Those using Yanfly's ATB will like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyNA0pRjtic
>>
>>123104698
>her
>>
>>123104563
Mm, they might've also called it getValue considering the used the word 'set'.
>>
File: 86-wotes001-130.png (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
86-wotes001-130.png
17KB, 640x480px
Guys, what is this viewpoint called?
>>
File: Capture.png (48KB, 657x396px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48KB, 657x396px
>>123104563
readValue doesn't work. Any attempt of it always gets angry if there's a number inside []. I've tried a top of variations.

If I use (), as in your proposal, it gives
>TypeError
>undefined is not a function

Finally, 0 instances of readVal in any .js file.
>>
>>123104990
Shifted or forced perspective, I guess. Isometric is the only other thing that comes to mind even though that's dead wrong.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 599x278px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 599x278px
>>123104853
Only instance of getVal in js files are "targetValue" for combat stuff, but I'll give it a try.

Also, for what it's worth, the only instances of $gameVariable anything but setValue is just "value." But I tried that before and it didn't work in >>123094882.
>>
>>123105114
And getValue?
>>
>>123105125
ah cheers.
>>
File: Capture.png (43KB, 445x182px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43KB, 445x182px
>>123105540
Exact same error as readValue, using both () and [].
>>
>>123105650
Hm. We're either giving it bad syntax, the function doesn't exist, or $gameVariable is undefined there (which it can't be).

I'm ashamed to be stumped by something that ought to be so trivial but you might want to go post on RPGMakerWeb in the JS Script support section about this. I'm not sure I can grok what exactly is going wrong here - our context shouldn't matter, we're def. referring to the right obj., etc.
>>
File: Capture.png (65KB, 912x494px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
65KB, 912x494px
>>123105884
I figured we're not alone in struggling over this so I just regoogled it for the 5th? time. I got this. What the fuck am I doing wrong?
>>
File: Capture.png (577KB, 794x635px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
577KB, 794x635px
>>123106214
>>123105884
Ahahahahah, oh my Lord. Oh my fuck. This is so rich. I did it! I fucking did it! How many things can one man get wrong before it works?

Hold on, let me type this up. I need a chance to stop banging my head on the wall.
>>
>>123099012
> No answers.
Thanks for nothing, shitheads.

> kek
> love you guys
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 590x206px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 590x206px
>>123105884
>>123106481
Alright here we go.

So problem one, trying it in >>123094882. I used [] instead of (). Easy mistake, and we caught that later. So problem 2, trying it in >>123106214. To put it simply, I forget I still had the set up in >>123104137. So variable 1 is set to 10. So trying to change vehicle 10's graphic? TypeError. Trying to change event 10's graphic? TypeError (this is a new test map, with only 4 events).

I changed the setValue down to 2, and bam, event 2's graphic changed with this Script Call.

So anyways, fuck me. How about that great new JS syntax?
>>
>>123099428
The rpgmakerweb and rmrk forums are good places to find plugins/scripts. There are also some useful ones in the op.

>>123104990
Oblique Projection.

Take a look at this article for more information: http://www.significant-bits.com/a-laymans-guide-to-projection-in-videogames
>>
>>123106592
Did you ever consider that we just don't know? You could try asking on a rpgm forum.
>>
File: 1387882563555.gif (2MB, 302x187px) Image search: [Google]
1387882563555.gif
2MB, 302x187px
This just in for /rpgm/. The new syntax for variables is $gameVariables.value(n).

It only took 3 hours, 2 anons, and 5 google searches to figure it out.

Oh my fuck, I'm still laughing.
>>
File: 1447015193374.jpg (262KB, 1636x920px) Image search: [Google]
1447015193374.jpg
262KB, 1636x920px
I'm really struggling on a game concept.

I've made entire tilesets, put a bunch of great plugins together, made a ton of events of random people talking, made my own font, even made my own protagonist with his own walking/sprinting animation.... but still have no ideas of what to make the game about. Everything I come up with just feels like a Undertale ripoff lol.
>>
File: U WOT M8.png (109KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
U WOT M8.png
109KB, 800x800px
>still waiting for none shit tilesets for MV.

Upscaling tilsets is pointless. Fucking blurry.
>>
>>123107979
play some old real rpgs and think it over.
>>
>>123108075
Post a tileset. I'll upscale it for you (x1.5, right?) without the blurry.
>>
>>123107979
I suffer from the opposite, fucktons of game concepts and stuff written on paper but can't make tilesets. I can do crappy CGs
>>
File: 1316386818408.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1316386818408.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>123108206
I might be over thinking it. I want to do something really fresh and interesting. I'm even toying with the idea of ditching the combat aspects of the engine and just having racing being a major mechanic. I want to do some kind of genre mixing like that to separate it from everything else on Steam.
>>
>>123108697
What kind of RPGs do you like? name a few.
>>
>>123108231
How you do that?
>>
>>123109284
https://youtu.be/65GkuazgCDM?t=15
>>
>>123108697
base your game on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR93W-SIoug
you are welcome.
>>
>>123107468
I missed my time to shine.
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/121070094/#121307531
>>
File: 1372658235823.jpg (25KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1372658235823.jpg
25KB, 300x299px
>>123109121
Mother 3, Earthbound, and the Mario RPGs are my favorite jrpgs. Golden Sun is probably the most traditional of my favorites. The rest are games like Tactics Ogre and Kingdom Hearts (I guess),

I've played a ton of great jrpgs, but the standard turn based formula has always kind of bored me. My favorite RPGs are the ones that I feel have a story that's really out there or have an interesting take on a previous mechanic. Golden Sun and some Mario RPGs I feel can get by on aesthetic alone.

On that note, I don't think I've ever even seen an RPG Maker game that actually looked good - menu, animations, and all.
>>
>>123109340
I don't see how jumping off cliffs will do it.
>>
File: Capture.png (22KB, 229x188px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22KB, 229x188px
>>123109579
I think the easiest way to store a string as a variable is to set aside some actors and set/use their names with /n[4]. I built my quiz system around that.
>>
>>123109837
aw, man. you aint looked hard enough. some are stunning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq9_4ktpmpg
>>
>>123109854
Post a tileset.
>>
>>123109992
Clever.
>>
>>123110021
Not that guy, but I have to admit it does seem like Game Maker routinely puts out better looking games than RPG maker.

I mean some of this stuff is flat out impressive. Even the best RPG Maker games still have some frankly embarrassing portrait drawings here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBFcdXCSQGI
>>
File: City_TileB.png (399KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
City_TileB.png
399KB, 512x512px
>>123110141
>>
>>123110605
they don't even look good what are you smoking?
>>
File: IMG_1208.jpg (23KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1208.jpg
23KB, 250x186px
I'm going through the Art Resources pastebin for tiles and other resources for a cheapo espionage game for MV. Are VX Ace's resources cross-compatible with MV, or do I have to wait for people to make stuff specifically for MV?
>>
>>123110876
>>
File: 77.jpg (688KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
77.jpg
688KB, 1920x1080px
>>123111223
How does it look guys? the quality of the tileset not the map layout :p
>>
>>123111060
They actually have fluid animations. And crisp visuals that don't look like games from 2004.
>>
>>123112616
I'm not just saying this because I'm the guy who resized it, but if I didn't see the engine logo, I would have thought this was VX Ace as normal.

The "secret," so to speak, is using waifu2x to upscale it x2 (NO noise reduction), then GIMP to downscale it 75% via sinc.

http://waifu2x.udp.jp/
>>
>>123113045
Cheers.
>>
>>123113340
No problem, m8. Happy game makin.

Just a generic warning - waifu2x causes huge filesize bloat. For example, the all the RTP character sheets in VX to be resized:

>Base size: 800kb.
>x1.5 through Nearest Neighbor: 964kb.
>x1.5 Waifu2x/GIMP: 14.9mb.

NN actually looks pretty good for sprites, so while there is a quality increase, it isn't worth the 14 megabytes. It is much more worth it for pictures/faces/tilesets, but the filesize bloat is just as intense. That's the cost of nice upscaling.
>>
>>123107317
I'm kidding, dude. I was just bumping.
>>
File: spooky time.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spooky time.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>123113997
=D
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 181x165px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 181x165px
I'm making a game using low quality art I made in Paint and a limited and specific set of colors. Here's a picture of my trees and grass.

How am I doing?
>>
File: fuck.jpg (115KB, 642x507px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
115KB, 642x507px
Monsters still fall through the floor with the combat script and FPLE clash. How do I fix something I could never even undertstand? so close and yet so far.
>>
>>123115461
It doesn't look bad at all, but it'd be nice if you justify this kind of 'art'. Not leaving an "I did this way because it was all I could". Honestly, I'd play a game with this kind of graphics, but it had to offer me a lot with narrative, story and features. It's just my opinion, btw.
>>
File: 41-VX1.5_Actor4-1.png (237KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
41-VX1.5_Actor4-1.png
237KB, 425x450px
Woah-ho, random bump coming through.
>>
Noob question but can't figure it out

In MV, how do you set an individual enemy to have a certain attack animation?
>>
>>123119836

Create a new skill with the same name as the regular attack and give it a different animation, then have the enemy use that
>>
>>123120152
I believe if it's like Ace, that won't work for states like confuse/charm/berserk. Those always use the first skill in the database (default Attack) unless you script otherwise, even if the user doesn't know it.
>>
>>123120545
No, it works. It's what I've been doing thus far.
Was just wondering if there was a neater way of doing it.
>>
>>123115461
Like >>123116969 said, this is fine depending on the game. I've certainly seen a lot worse from other games, like OFF, but they pull it off with good themes and ambiance.
>>
Another noob question: what is TP? I see it all over the place, but I have no clue what it does. Is it a limit break thing or something?
>>
>>123121104

It's an alternate resource for skills. It increases when you take actions in battle.
>>
Live.
>>
File: 3dxp.jpg (190KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3dxp.jpg
190KB, 640x480px
>>123126293
liiive
>>
>>123127192
I like what is going on here and would like to know more.
>>
>>123127302
AW.. I forgot the link to it. Its a nice iso view but there are better.
>>
>>123127192
whoa what is this?
>>
File: ls2.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ls2.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
>>123128227
>>
>>123127192
TELL ME HOW
>>
File: prev2.jpg (283KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
prev2.jpg
283KB, 1200x675px
What's the best looking RPG Maker game?
>>
File: 7.png (273KB, 542x415px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
273KB, 542x415px
some progress
https://a.pomf.cat/zgbcop.mp4
>>
File: surprise.png (227KB, 852x480px)
surprise.png
227KB, 852x480px
>>123129808
>>
>>123129808
>>123130538
Joking obviously. Just looking for an excuse to show off the portraits. Waifu2x guy has opened up a world of possibilities to me now that I can resize modelsheets up for portraits.

>>123130209
This looks really solid. The camera animations and subtle portrait movements really make it. Still love your style. So bright and colourful.
>>
>>123129338
whoops sorry the post forgot my text! one sec i will find it.
>>
>>123130209
demo when
>>
>>123129338
http://save-point.org/thread-4046.html
>>
>>123129338
AHA! found it!
http://save-point.org/thread-5181.html
>>
File: frasierbanner.jpg (25KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
frasierbanner.jpg
25KB, 512x384px
>>123131065
when he makes somehting beyond that room
>>
How do you guys feel about a chuuni villain that thinks he's a hero?
>>
>>123133576
>chuuni
speak english
>>
>>123133576
Like that guy from undertale? That's fine I guess.
>>
>>123133651
You know Owain from Fire Emblem Awakening? Chuuni is basically a thing that describes delusional people like that who talk about random nonsense cause to them it 'sounds cool'.
>>
>>123131117
>>123131484
Thanks! I'm gunna have to piddle around with this shit
>>
>>123133576
Kind of like Axel from Disgaea? Though he wasn't really a full fledged villain I guess.
>>
>>123134468
Proof that Disgaea does stuff before they become a popular thing.
>>
Okay, so I have two questions on how to do a few things, both on MV.

First, is it possible to have Yanfly's Base Troop Events make a check run at the end of every battle? I want to use it to run a variable check and modification at the end of every battle.

Second, is there any way to make a variable appear like a resource bar like MP or TP? I considered using TP as it for a while, but it wouldn't really work since it's not so much a resource that's consumed, rather a requirement for some skills. If anyone has played any Super Robot Wars games, it'd be similar to the Will resource.
>>
File: 1446660954849.png (91KB, 408x327px) Image search: [Google]
1446660954849.png
91KB, 408x327px
Can I program basic attacks to use MP? I'm working on a basic firearm system, and while shooting works well enough as a skill, it
>requires navigating through more menus than necessary and
>uses the "preparing magic" animation rather than the actual attack animation
Halp plz.
>>
Ok i just took the escape and guard option from my battle system.

Attack
Skill
Item

are the options i gonna keep it like that for now.

Goind to use a small nunber dmg calculator max life will be 999 something around that.

feeling good
>>
>>123140974
Go to skills, go to the first skill. This is the default skill used for all attacks.

Give it an MP cost and set it to not be a "magic type skill" for SV view.

I haven't tested if this works as is but it should give you a starting point.
>>
File: bluebotboonies1.png (403KB, 543x455px) Image search: [Google]
bluebotboonies1.png
403KB, 543x455px
>>123133365
There's a bit of stuff here and there
>>
File: dynamo den.png (229KB, 544x600px) Image search: [Google]
dynamo den.png
229KB, 544x600px
>>123143743
>>
>>123130538
>>123130209
>>123143743
>>123143915
Fuck, guys... I'm SO jealous...
>>
File: 1446782506620.jpg (6KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
1446782506620.jpg
6KB, 249x174px
Is wanting a more fluid walking animation just going to ruin my life? I can't stand all this 4 frame shit.

I want 8 directional movement and at least 8 frames for a full walk cycle.

I'm using MV by the way. Is this impossible to code? This really should have been the first thing anyone tried to make a plugin for. Animation is the most limiting aspect of this engine I swear.
>>
>>123147441
Fun fact: It was.
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46759-more-character-frames/
Try looking a little harder next time.
>>
>>123147654
FUCK YOU I LOOKED FOR HOURS AND FOUND NOTHING THIS IS BULLSHIT thanks anon
>>
>>123129808
Aedemphia
>>
>>123147654
Do you think well get a script one day that will have both this and 8 directional movements? I want to be able to move at an angle and have a fluid animation for it.
>>
Is the dude developing Adv. Time around here now?
>>
Is it okay if I posted some screenies of the dialogues I'm planning for the next collab chapter?

It's still subject to change and it probably reads stupid without context of the chapter currently being worked on.
>>
>>123151046
Also I'm wondering how viable this planned chapter is when I have no idea what gameplay to give it. All I have is story writing.
>>
So i just ended my Paper Mario esque dmg battle.

now working in weapons and skills.
>>
>>123151632
show it off.
>>
>>123137605
Anyone know if this is possible?
>>
>>123155294
not a clue.
>>
>>123151046
>>123151306
I wouldn't mind though I can see it being a little awkward if the stuff clashes with Firgof's chapter.
>>
>>123155358
look the the kid is she gets preggo
>>
>>123156702
what.
>>
bored and feel like rtying to make some sprites.

anyone know a good program?
>>
>>123158281
>paint.exe
>>
I have no motivation today!
>>
>>123158281
Graphics gale, Aseprite
>>
File: 123.png (411KB, 857x671px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
411KB, 857x671px
>>123159192
Me neither, how do I actually make a fucking game? Pic is what I done yesterday.
>>
>>123159983
not a clue. i just want to make something that stands out..
>>
So is there a plugin for MV or something that lets me have a dynamic TP cap? Like, you'd have 0 TP max normally, but when you equip certain items, it can go up to 10 or 20 and stuff.
>>
Who /NaNoWriMo/ here? Set a new personal record of 5,000 words. This time, it was all one story too, not just "Whatever Comes to Mind, Part VI"
>>
>>123158281
Pyxel or Graphics Gale.
>>
File: Game 2015-11-23 23-30-59-24.webm (1MB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Game 2015-11-23 23-30-59-24.webm
1MB, 848x480px
whoah what actual progress
>>
>>123052987
I'm a bit late, but
> party members aren't dinosaurs

Really? I expected better from you, dinosaur anon.
>>
Has anyone made more outfits and stuff for MV's character generator?
>>
>>123164801
Looks good man, keep it up.
>>
File: yoma.jpg (29KB, 308x305px) Image search: [Google]
yoma.jpg
29KB, 308x305px
Any wizard here who knows if its possible to change the text speed and add blips to dialogue in rpgmaker 2003?
I'm familiar with the engine but the only way I can think of a way to implement this would either be to frankenstein together some kind of workaround with the limitations at hand or install a mod (if there is one and it would work with a standalone download for someone who doesn't have the modded RTP). I think dynamic dialogue would be much better than just the text box speeding through everything. I know people have made some crazy shit with the bare minimum, like the gun system from nobihaza and there are probably story-based games using 2003 out there that has text pacing, I'm not entirely sure.
pic unrelated
>>
>>123168059
What if they are dinosaurs cursed to look like humans?
>>
I don't know if I've posted any battle yet.
Still very WIP.
WebM's with audio don't work on /vg/ apparently so here's a link:
http://webm.host/70716/
Sorry if I'm posting too much.
>>
>>123174878
I suggest taking out the voice samples, those will get annoying after a while.
>>
File: 1352082663116.gif (120KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
1352082663116.gif
120KB, 497x372px
>>123174878
neat

>>123175327
I'd be okay with them if they were quiter, or if there were a faster clip available. Those sounded like they were almost a second long
>>
>>123175327
>>123175781
They will definitely be turned down. The volume-leveling is incredibly fiddly at the moment and things are all over the place.
I think that they're a nice touch though, and the sounds are ripped from the official games.
Hopefully when there is more variety it won't seem annoying.
>>
>>123052484
maybe teach yourself a few more times until you get it right
>>
>>123052484
Reference professional artists. Try recreating their style and it will just naturally click on you. There is no shame in editing as it gets you up close and personal with pixels.
>>
>>123170169
>torturing your players
>>
File: 7.png (285KB, 547x427px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
285KB, 547x427px
https://a.pomf.cat/mcetkd.mp4
progress
>>
File: Ao Oni.png (71KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Ao Oni.png
71KB, 270x270px
I think he was going for uncanny valley but instead it just ended up looking ridiculous
>>
File: Semaruao5.png (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Semaruao5.png
63KB, 640x480px
>>123184901
>>
>>123182002
>and some weird website about cartoons and games
>not some mongolian knitting club for chinese cartoons
>not some electronic cantonese tapestry sharing center
>not some korean interpretive dance board
Lost opportunity.
>>
>>123175327
Dude, it's great! First of all, how do you put those portraits in battle? Also, I don't think the voices will be annoying if you roll a variable with 30% of chance of it playing a voice SE.
>>
>>123182002
Also, looking good.
>>
From now on I'll post my progress here and would like to read what you guys made on your games today.

Yesterday:
> Started 'getting hit' animation
> 'Laser Burst' animation & sfx
> 'Laser Cannon' animation & sfx
> 'Wooden Sword' animation
> 'Iron Sword' animation

Fuck, today will be better.
>>
>>123187806
I haven't done anything today and the day is almost over.
>>
>>123187806
i named my game that has been an untitled concept for a long time, SanguineSTAR

it's at least better than Project1.
>>
File: 7.png (398KB, 541x415px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
398KB, 541x415px
Did another one, all of it the music is just placeholder stuff.

https://a.pomf.cat/dekuir.mp4

>>123185869
whoops
>>
>>123188597
the chest looks out of place
>>
>>123188805
it does, I'm still gonna change it later on, since as of now its just the RMXP RTP one slightly resized.
>>
>>123188597
Dude, it's great! Congratulations.
The music is great, also.
>>
>>123188597
How do you do the "get item" over-head animation? Is it from a public script or you've done it by yourself?
>>
How do I disable up and down sprites? I'm trying to make a side scroller.
>>
>>123193220
>sidescroller

Why not Game Maker? You have plenty more liberties with it.
>>
>>123193510
Sorry, sidescroller RPG.

I don't need additional features of more open engines for what I have in mind, probably won't even be using many scripts. But it's important that it goes side to side.
>>
>>123193220
Is that really that bad?
I mean, if you set it up properly your character will simply turn.
>>
>>123193702

On the SPRITE sheet, you could just replace the up and down facing sprites with left and right ones.
>>
>>123195781

Not sure why my phone decided to capitalize sprite but whatever
>>
>>123196087
Not the other anon, but I'd find strange to be facing left and pressing up made me turn right.
>>
>>123196581

That's fair, I guess I didn't consider it. Well, you could always do what Lisa did and have the character just face toward/away from the viewer.
>>
Has anyone made any new clothing options for the MV character generator? I want to make a class-based game where characters change outfits when they change classes, but I want to have about 16 classes and there aren't really enough costumes for what I need.
>>
>>123196785
what do you need 16 classes for?
>>
File: Clocktower The First Fear Car.png (11KB, 420x288px) Image search: [Google]
Clocktower The First Fear Car.png
11KB, 420x288px
Can someone make me a sprite of this car?

I don't need an entire sheet, just a sprite of the car facing left and preferably around the same size as the default sprites, maybe just a little bigger so it makes sense.
>>
>>123196869
For his game, silly.

>>123193220
If I were you, I'd disable player movement entirely (indefinite "wait" loop) and have a parallel process running that went
>If LEFT button is pressed
>>Set move route - player move left.

>If RIGHT button is pressed
>>Set move route - player move right.
>>
Bumpin
>>
File: cars2.png (155KB, 996x560px)
cars2.png
155KB, 996x560px
>>123197280
vx ace resource may need resizing.
>>
10 bump. Get your act together, rpgmg.
>>
File: Help.png (27KB, 678x612px)
Help.png
27KB, 678x612px
Help! This spell is draining 1HP from my character instead of healing.
And to make matters worse, it didn't do that before! What the hell is going on?
>>
New Yanfly poll is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJqZglLBiK0

I haven't voted. I'm only going to vote for one thing, but I'm gonna do a multi vote for you anons. What do you anons want? Tell me and I'll vote for it too after tonight.
>>
File: vote.png (673KB, 697x610px)
vote.png
673KB, 697x610px
> Class Change Core
Don't care.
> Armor Scaling
Probably will care about when working on my next game.
> Gab Window in third place
That was close, anon. That's what you wanted, right? I remember an anon asking others to vote in it (I voted).
> Status Menu Core
I've voted this fucker. Glad it won.
> Battle System - CTB
dafuck.jpg Haven't played FFX, so I don't know what is that.
> Limited Skill Uses
Don't care.
> Enhanced TP
Don't Care
> Button Common Events
Don't know if I care. Maybe because I'm not able to find a creative use for this shit now, I don't know...
> Party-Limit Gauge
Maybe this could be cool.
> Skill Cost Items
Cool!
> Gab Window
Will vote it again.
> Steal & Snatch
I find it pretty easy to do via events. Maybe I care, if it really brings something surprisingly cool with it.
> Weapon Unleash
Cool! But won't be using.
> Battle Status Window
Don' know. More interested in something like what I've saw in Adventure Time game our fellow anon is deving. (Still wanting to know how you've did it, if you're around).
> Extra Enemy Drops
Cool!

Now I've voted and about 80% of what I want are the less voted ones.
>>
>>123205158
>CTB is coming
FUCK YES! With Yanfly in charge it may actually be functional unlike the shitty one Yami made in VX Ace.

Also I vote that you vote for Steal & Snatch.
>>
>>123196785
If final fantasy 3 made do with several class costumes that were like an earlier class but with more stuff going on, you can too.
Alternatively, copy the four heroes of light and just have each class be a different hat.
>>
>>123208472
It will be different than how FF3 does it. Each class will be completely distinct from one another.
>>
>>123196785
>wants to make a game with 16 distinct class outfits
>is too lazy to make anything not in CharGen
>>
>>123201672
thanks m80
>>
>>123207831
Yeah, Yanfly's CTB from VX was the best one I've seen on RPG Maker as a whole from XP to Ace. Can't wait to see what the MV version will be like although I'd be content if it was a carbon copy as the VX version.
>>
>>123205000
Can that massive variance be taking it into the negatives?
>>
>>123213971
Remind me what CTB was
>>
>>123214337
Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy Tactics, Mana Khemia, a lot of the Atelier games, Persona 3, Persona 4, etc.

The party and enemies are placed into turn orders. If a party member's turn comes up, you input an action. They perform it immediately. Onto the next character. If an enemy's turn comes up, they beat your face. And so on.

It's ATB without all the shitty waiting.

Yanfly's version in VX let you do really cool stuff like push battlers around in the turn order (which was displayed at the top of the screen). I think I saw more commercial games made with his VX CTB than any other battle system except for shitty Tankentai.
>>
>>123215175
Oh so what ATB should be.

Yeah that's more or less what I'm after.
>>
>>123215505
The VX Ace version was shit. I rather use the default battle system than the VX Ace version. I'm sure this one won't disappoint however.
>>
>>123215595
Yeah, Yami was the one who made the Ace version and it had a shitload of bugs that never got fixed.
>>
What part of the game do you hate working on the most?

I really fucking hate spriting.
>>
>>123219161
I fucking hate databasing
>>
>>123215175
There's a difference in whether or not someone can be listed multiple times in the turn order.

FFX was just a high-speed ATB with full menu-waiting turned on. Fast characters will always get more turns in than slow ones, and that difference gets higher the longer the battle is.

This is different than the SMT games in that those will cycle through everyone (down to the slowest creature) before getting back around to the first guy. Being faster doesn't actually get you more actions than slower things; it just says you go before them.
>>
>>123219161
Building the database is a pain. It's always tedious, and there aren't a lot of opportunities to get creative with it. No one's ever going to say anything about the backstage anyways.
>>
>>123219161
Databasing and music making (because I can't). But there are some items/skills that I love to make, like those that trigger common events and stuff.
>>
>>123219303
Ah, so the former is like in Mega Man X: Command Mission, notably when you put Marino in Quicksilver and she dominates the turn base until she runs out of Hyper Mode turns. There's a lot more to battle systems than I realized.
>>
My favourite battle system is barebones Dragon Quest style.
>>
>>123219161
Slogging the database is the worst ever. You tinker with this or that but it doesn't "feel" like progress even if you actually did stuff on it.

Art assets are instant results.
Music is instant results.
Events can be a pain sometimes but at least the results are visible soon after.
Databasing is like punching zeroes and ones and just hoping it works as intended.
>>
>>123220725
what does databasing means?
Making skills, items, armor and things like that?
>>
>stop working on game for two weeks so I can supposedly learn more about the jRPG genre by playing SMT and SMTII and get new ideas for my game
>now I want to drop the project and work on a SMT-esque game

What do?
>>
>>123223465
>actually making games
Just make a new project, you will finish this one for sure, r-right?
>>
>>123219161
Mapping is the devil. I'm almost tempted to write programs to procedurally generate nice maps.
>>
File: MF_gladiatorscars_battler.png (40KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
MF_gladiatorscars_battler.png
40KB, 576x384px
>>123196785
I made a gladiator class by just taking existing parts found in the rtp and editing them in photoshop. You get a lot more freedom there than with the generator.
>>
>>123222919
Exactly that. And while I really enjoy making unique shit, it's all the filler material that gets me sick and tired of databasing.

>>123223465
Just have fun and go with the flow. I feel like if I didn't and went super srs bizness, I'd have to stop and restart a fuckton of times over. Why? Because every single goddamn weekend so far, since the launch of MV, Yanfly stops my plans of progressing forward with my game because he releases a shiny new game mechanic that I can't resist and I have to go to the fucking drawing board all over again.
>>
>>123216653
This has bothered me a while, but there's talk from some rpgmakerweb members circulating around that Yami and Yanfly are the same person. Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>123224551
Almost definitely not.
>>
>>123219161
I hate mapping. Weirdly enough, I don't mind databasing like most others.
>>
Is there a plugin for MV which let's side view battlers have more than 3 frames per animation?
>>
>>123185986
Thank you!
I'm using MOG's battle scripts.
>>
>>123224551
Unlikely. I don't know why Yami is so popular anyway since he can't speak English for shit and every script I've ever used of his has been buggy as sin.
>>
>>123226073
B-but... I thought you were using RPGM MV... A-and I've recommended you a MV plugin, and you thanked me... I don't understand...
>>
>>123224817
Same here. I'm a tabletop gamer, so dealing with stats and tables isn't too bad. Adapting WRPG mechanics to a JRPG system is a bit of a pain, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.
>>
>>123229626
what you added so far?
>>
>>123227785
MOG is in the process of updating all of their scripts to MV, and the battle scripts are done.

I'm definitely using MV.

Speaking of which, anybody know a way to have an icon hover over an event when you go near it without resorting to scripts? I remember being able to do it in XP but I've completely forgotten the set-up. I think it's complicated by the fact that you exist on the same horizontal plane as the event, because it's sidescrolling. I'd just like a little 'A' button to hover over an NPC when you're in a position to talk to them.
>>
>>123230365
Understood! Will lurk more! Thanks!

Also, maybe what you're looking for seems a little like my 'portals' system. In my case, there's a parallel process that checks if I'm on a specific position (X,Y). If I am, it plays an animation over the portal I'll use.

Maybe you can do the same thing. If your event moves, you can make another parallel process to retrieve the coordinates of this event and store them in a variable. If Finn's X and Y coordinates (maybe you should use only Y) are the same (it's just an example, you may use a ranged value, for example), an animation - like the "ENTER" button being pressed - at the event.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question or if it's not clear. My english sucks.
>>
>>123231430
>Understood! Will lurk more! Thanks!
They're here: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/

>Sorry if I misunderstood your question or if it's not clear. My english sucks.
Nah, you got it spot on! That definitely sounds like something that could work; I'll have a look.
>>
File: Espio Enforcer.png (60KB, 576x288px) Image search: [Google]
Espio Enforcer.png
60KB, 576x288px
>>123229721
I'm working on a "tacticool ops" gameplay system.

>MP=ammunition. Weapons increase max MP when equipped, and reloading is an MP recovery skill.
>Guns are currently divvied into Pistols, Submachine Guns, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, and Sniper Rifles, with 3 subtypes of each (Pistols come in standard semi-auto, revolver, and single-shot target varieties, for example).
>4 classes (Agent=jack of all trades, Technician=skill monkey, Enforcer=combat, and Operator=support), and each class has two actors that work like subclasses. Each class uses different weapons (Agents use pistols and submachine guns, Enforcers use shotguns and assault rifles, Operators use sniper rifles and pistols, and I haven't decided on Technician weapons).
>For example: the man, "Butch", is the squad pointman, and he starts with a pump-action shotgun. The woman, "Dushka", is the suppressive fire specialist, and starts with an assault rifle.

My to-do list is:
>making the reload skill remove an appropriate magazine item from the players' inventory (because infinite reloads are so zetta slow)
>fixing SVB animations so they use the "attack" animation rather than the "magic" animations
>getting more icons and assets for the gun types; the RTP has shotgun, sniper rifle, and flintlock pistol resources, but I'm looking for modern pistol, SMG, and assault rifle images
>maybe writing a plot
>>
>>123226892
Probably because he leeched off Yanflys popularity by copying all the shit Yanfly did. Did you even see Yami's YouTube channel? The attempt to copy Yanfly is so blatant.

I think had he actually remade Yanfly's stuff but better he would have actually been pretty good but it is plagued with bugs and errors
>>
>>123219161
>>123220725
Database stuff and balancing is a pain. It's fun thinking up different items and effects, but getting the numbers to work is so dull. Like you said, there's just no sense of progress, unlike art/music/cut scenes, etc.
>>
>>123231875
nice idea for ammo =)
>>
Does your game have any interesting twists?
>>
File: 1447553297144.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1447553297144.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>123233393
>Double Shyamalan
>>
>>123233393
best twist these days is to have none.
>>
>>123233393
>The Double Cross
>Christ Analog Backfires
>Autistic Boy Grants Wishes (Technically)
>>
So what's the most action oriented battle system for MV so far?
>>
>>123235950
punching your screen
>>
fucking hell, I cannot think of a fucking way to do battles for this shit. There are only 14 total enemies to fight and nobody can level up in your party. I can't think of a single battle system that would work for this shit. For a while i considered a tactical system but the one for vx Ace seems a bit mediocre visually, and as far as I know there's no way to alter the terrain using skills in that. The last part isn't necessary normally but given that one of the party members can make walls rise out of the earth, it'd be weird for him to not be able to do that in a tbs.
>>
>>123237370
And you can't change your character's skills for any reason?
>>
>>123239404
The skills are there for a lore reason. Changing it would break the character a bit.
>>
>>123239573
I'm sure your lore can withstand some skills being changed to actually work with whatever system you're using.
>>
Any good suggestion for a sound that fits well in a "sound effect per letter" script? I have tried to make a couple myself, but they sound too annoying.
>>
>>123240376
they are annoying! stop adding them!
>>
>>123239728
Well, if you think it's not too big a problem. On a semi related note, do people mind too much if a tbs is in a top down view? I've seen things here using an isometric view but imo it doesn't look too good in rpg maker.
>>
>>123240472
nah i love shining force!
>>
>>123240376
You just have to keep trying. I've enjoyed games that have them (Link to the Past, Mega Man X, Final Fantasy Tactics, Shining Soul 2, Undermeme) but they're very hard to pull off well. Rule of thumb is if you can't make them sound unique for each character, make them quiet, fast, or both
>>
>>123240675
Alright good to know.
Time to practice my shitty art skills.
>>
Any ideas as to how one would go about a level up system based on weapons instead of characters? I'm using VXA, by the way.
>>
>>123242452
Not a clue. why would you though?
>>
>>123242452

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/2779-darkcloud-weapon/

There was another of these scripts for Dark Cloud 2's version, but it seemed to have disappeared as I can't find it anymore. If you're familiar with Dark Cloud then surely you will like this.
>>
Is there an RPG maker for 3D games or action RPGs?
>>
>>123243326
To represent growth in weapon skill in an ROG where characters can equip more than one weapon type instead of a more vague and broad leveling up.

>>123244020
Thanks, I'll give it a look tomorrow.
>>
>>123247259
There's the ps2 version of you want 3d but I personally don't think it's that good.
>>
>>123247259
RPG Maker 2 and 3 are both 3D rpg makers on the PS2. I find 2 to be vastly superior to 3 as 3 is strange with the assets in it. I really like 2 and wish there was a PC version like it.
>>
File: you_win_prize_downs.jpg (35KB, 515x341px) Image search: [Google]
you_win_prize_downs.jpg
35KB, 515x341px
>mfw i finally fix something via a script
>>
Live
>>
>>123254237
Fool! The power of friendship will hardly be enough to save your thread! In two hours' time, it shall fall off Page Ten... and there's nothing you 'heroes' can do about i! Ha! Ha ha ha!
>>
>Collab chapter.
>Christmas Jam.
>simultaneously my personal project.

I'm just setting myself up for a bad time, aren't I?
>>
File: 537274165_preview_Sans.png (23KB, 178x172px) Image search: [Google]
537274165_preview_Sans.png
23KB, 178x172px
>>123255912
Maybe
>>
>>123255912
I'm cutting NaNoWriMo early to try and whip something together
>>
So I'm playing through FF3ds again, and despite it being really simplistic compared to a lot of modern rpgs it's still fun to go through.
Why, then, does emulating that level of complexity in an RPG Maker game not really work, leaving the thing feeling rather dull instead?
>>
>>123233393
>stolen identity not worth it
>ancient druids lose interest
Still almost story or major conflict yet. Just a bunch of loose threads. T-Tasukete...
>>
File: foleo 8T.png (46KB, 357x367px) Image search: [Google]
foleo 8T.png
46KB, 357x367px
>>123233393
I don't actually have enough story to have twists yet
>>
>>123265619
How it all fits together as a package. When I was looking up Shining Soul 2 earlier I came across a TAS. From an outside perspective, the game looks bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRcw2uAc81w

The character and background assets are totally different, the music is grating, the writing is dull, the text boxes move at half the speed of smell, and the combat is repetitive. But damn if it wasn't fun to play, even when I couldn't get my friends to join in.
>>
[gdoc] in all fields

It's worth mentioning that RPGMaker VX Ace doesn't work if you're running through wine on Linux.

Also why does the "Getting Started" Link require you to go to TWO download sites for ACE? Add this shit here, mah nigs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1wca2i2pmfbt3n/Enterbrain.zip
>>
>>123272648
>It's worth mentioning that RPGMaker VX Ace doesn't work if you're running through wine on Linux.
proof, unless someone can tell me what I could be doing wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_nhvy7q3a2f1u4xtp8o1_1280.png (294KB, 611x903px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhvy7q3a2f1u4xtp8o1_1280.png
294KB, 611x903px
how is everyone progressing, today?

i hope you all get something satsifying done while i slave away at work!
>>
>>123275458
I feel you, bro. I was working until last month, but then I've quit my job to work as freelance in my room in my mom's house (actually, I'm just working in my game, to be honest).

But nice progress is being made.

Yesterday:
> New main character animations
> New battle animations
> New parallax
> New weapons graphics
> New SFX
> New enemy A and enemy B portraits
> New character portrait

Now it's 3PM where I live, so I have plans to do a bunch of stuff. What about you, guys?
>>
I have a question for you all.

Back when I bought the disc version of VX Ace, I remember having to register an email to it. I thought about it today and for the life of me can't remember what email I used, or even what password if it required one. Is there any website that also uses the email that I could go to and try to figure out what email I used on it? Does it even matter that I know/remember it with any aspect of VX Ace? I'm just really curious which email I used on it.
>>
>>123276596
I don't think so, m8. Try contacting the support.
>>
>>123110876
you have the source of those tilesets?
>>
>Puzzle in my shitty clocktower remake.

>Demon statue
>Have to guess the demon's name.
>Really tempted to insert a breaking bad joke if you answer "Heisenburg".
Should I go for it?
>>
How do you hide a window in VX Ace?
>>
>>123281340
Nevermind, just hide and show methods seem to work fine. Problem is that it seems to not hide contents that are created within the window.
>>
File: ACC-Uraseas status.png (14KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
ACC-Uraseas status.png
14KB, 320x480px
I hate watching/playing new things sometimes. Now I want to make a game where you play as a security bot but I don't want to abandon my last project.
>>
>>123279672
Literally always go for name input gags.

You don't have to stop at just one either.
>>
>>123285314
Put the security bot game on the back burner and finish your current game. Dividing your attention to more than one game is generally a bad idea. Or scrap the other game entirely, which is even more of a bad idea and will make you want to give up all together most likely.
>>
>>123282665
Actually what I can't seem to find is to check whether or not a window is currently being shown or hidden. Is there even such a script?
>>
>>123279672
I'd tend to make jokes related to the game's theme, like - in Clocktower, for example - referencing horror names, like Jason, Freddy, Krueger, Hitchcock... As the other anon said, I'd go with a lot options and jokes.
>>
>>123087548
>I've made it so that when the button "S" is pressed, the currently used skill or item is used. And I'm using "A" and "D" to switch between three binded skills/items.
Anon... how bad is it, that your mind is sub-consciously making you spell out "SAD"?

You wanna talk about it?
>>
>>123289292
>Anon... how bad is it
My progress on the game? It's actually good.
Life in general? Sad just isn't enough to describe it.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 856x934px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 856x934px
Nice Undertale Copy Bump
>>
Today, I thought I'd make a bunch of progress on my game. Instead, I redid about a handful of tiles and only added one new building tile.

I hope you all are being more productive than I am today :) I still have the rest of the day to work on stuff, so I'm hopeful I'll get something significant done.
>>
>>123293471
I made a playtest.
Found a few bugged events and my music direction is fucking awful because the RTP music is so limited, but I don't want to steal music from other games so I don't know what to do.
I need to add more story too, everything happens so fast.
>>
My today only really just started, but yesterday I made a cat girl anal sprite. Which really, I think puts me ahead of everyone ever.
>>
>>123255912
Hey, I'm not in much a better position haha.
I'm doing preproduction art for our studio's next game alongside this collab entry - and meanwhile getting ready to move apartments - two people's worth of stuff but only I'm available to pack stuff up due to the gf's crazy work schedule.

And on top of that I'm trying to do a character portrait for a member of the roleplaying group that I'm a part of. It's a mess and I'm constantly putting out fires. Everything's getting progress at least.
>>
So what other requisites should the Game Jam have. So far we have:
1) Dinosaurs
2) Festive

I think we should get about 10 requisites or so so anons are forced to come up with a new plot and game.
>>
>>123296807
one long-standing romantic relationship between 2 or more characters
or a murder plot, i'm not too picky
>>
>>123296807
Passes Bechdel test.
>>
>>123164801
Cool as fuck, I love Pep-butts cute sprite.
>>
bump, but with great aplomb
>>
>>123299956
women in my yaoi game?
One maybe. But 2? Who have to talk to each other about something unrelated to yaoi. Absurd.
>>
>>123299826
Forbidden love between Pterodactil and T-Rex
>>
>>123304592
>yaoi
Oh, in that case nevermind.
>>
>>123164801
Looks really cool, and I'm not even fan of the show.
>>
File: quality-dialogue.png (18KB, 383x343px) Image search: [Google]
quality-dialogue.png
18KB, 383x343px
Son of a snotling. I'm doing my best with this last part to the chapter but I'll be damned if I can find a good way to do it. At this rate I might give up and do it like an old school first-person dungeon crawler, except with crappy inputs and transitions.

At least I'm having fun writing the temporary dialogue; its effortless to write it like this - even though I'll have to go back and rewrite all of it to correct for tone and characterization later.
>>
>>123304592
You are supposed to make a brand new game for the Jam, though.
>>
File: tumblr_mhnvyxxhvW1rpdx5xo1_400.gif (910KB, 298x223px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhnvyxxhvW1rpdx5xo1_400.gif
910KB, 298x223px
>>123305268
>>123309592
All he wanted was to stuff his face with hotdogs. Why can't you let him be happy?
>>
File: neato.png (88KB, 544x416px) Image search: [Google]
neato.png
88KB, 544x416px
Alright, it breaks my rule of 'don't add -any- new scripts to the collab project' -- but I'm really liking the result. Are there any objections to me using the FPLE script (and maybe an animated fog/better weather script) for this section of the game?
>>
>>123293471
I've gotten a ton of work done tonight.

Currently working on battle sprites.
>>
>>123294470
And it seems my game is 3h+ long thus far.
What a surprise, I thought it was going to be a 1h long project.
bump.
>>
File: wondereyes1buyz.png (571KB, 1052x760px) Image search: [Google]
wondereyes1buyz.png
571KB, 1052x760px
My planned contribution to the collab.
>>
>>123296807
Dinosaurs are cold-blooded. How can they have a significant impact on the plot if they'll die within minutes in a festive setting?
>>
File: dinosaur vampire.jpg (501KB, 1280x1968px)
dinosaur vampire.jpg
501KB, 1280x1968px
>>123319689
Restrictions breed creativity, anon.

For example: What if death doesn't stop these dinosaurs?
>>
Dudes, you guys just don't realize that "dinosaurs" as part of the jam's theme is just the idea of this fucking OP to allow him to steal your dinosaur assets. Every thread is the fucking same.

Also, where's the Adventure Time dev.? I've suggested you a way to make your "press A to talk with NPCs in a sidescroller game" but maybe you'd like to check this:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51395-event-touch-radius/

I think you'll like.
>>
>>123320672
What's that guy's problem exactly?

Can he not just place his NPCs down and set them up so that they can be passed through?
>>
>>123320846
I think he wants exactly that there's a radius for the event be triggered.
>>
Agh. Dammit, I just noticed new-mitch's skills have vanished. I've exhausted all of my suspects so far for why that might be - including copy-pasting Mitch's data on top of the new Mitch's data to see if that works.

Well, at least the dungeon parts look cooler now.

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
This is the least helpful error message I've encountered in the last three months. Well, no gfycat link of the upgrades I made to the dungeon exploration system for you, then.
>>
>>123320672
But everybody is going to have dinosaurs made in different styles and with different gimmicks, hopefully. So they probably wouldn't meld well together, anyway.

Also, not OP.
>>
People, is there a crack for Win 8 already?
>>
>>123321497
> hopefully
I hope you're right, anon.
>>
>>123322294
Nvm fixed it.
My fellow BR brethren got me a link.
>>
File: fixed.png (121KB, 542x413px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
121KB, 542x413px
>>123321221
Fixed that problem. Phew.
Here's a new shot of the dungeon stuff to bump the thread.
>>
Is there anything like a timed button presses for MV yet?
>>
Have you read any books or articles about game design?
>>
>>123326646
Plenty.
>>
>>123300202
>>123305286
Cheers, friends.
>>
Hey, is there any way of using more keys than there are normally available in XP?

Like, if I wanted to map, say J to a "Jump action". Currently I can't, because I have no way of "accessing" J. In "Conditional Branch" I have the "Keys Pressed" option, which would be perfect for what I want... If it didn't have so few options to pick from. (Arrow keys, WASD, and Z, X & C) Could it be done? Is Ruby the only way to go?
>>
>>123170169
Yo this might help with your text pacing.

http://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/43/
>>
>>123327081
Nevermind this, I just learned how to Google. "-vx" was really handy, because every result was about VX Ace. Man, I guess XP is pretty outdated.
>>
>>123324905
Firgof, you cray cray. I'll never catch up to this quality with gameplay.

I only have narrative to fall back on.
>>
>>123327521
Actually, I feel like the gameplay's where this chapter's most lacking at the moment. Really struggling with pacing and mechanics.
>>
>>123326646
I'm staring at one right now. Lee Sheldon's "Character Development and Storytelling in Games." Fascinating read. He's been writing since the 60's, and its interesting both that he has so much knowledge about writing and so little about game design. He keeps wondering why protagonists aren't allowed to die, except at the end. That's its own question, and I hope he gets over it in a chapter or two so I can get back to the storytelling fundamentals, which he handles really well
>>
>>123326737
Did you see my post here: >>123320672 ?
>>
File: AT (2).jpg (79KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
AT (2).jpg
79KB, 500x518px
>>123320672
I didn't actually. I'll check it out now — thank you!
>>
>>123332167
>>123332956
That seems like it'll be perfect for what I want. Great timing.

I'm not sure what he means about the event only checking for the player when it moves, though. That might cause problems. We'll see. I'll install it and have a fiddle after lunch.
>>
Is it the 25th for you guys yet? Can I dump something dumb as a Christmas Jam now?
>>
>>123336774
Still got about two hours on my watch, but why not?
>>
>>123339651
I pride myself on following rules.
>>
>>123320357
A true masterpiece.
>>
File: 1447213204247.jpg (38KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
1447213204247.jpg
38KB, 500x303px
>>123320672
OP is a pretty cool guy and wouldn't steal your delicious dinosaurs.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (6KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
6KB, 300x209px
>>123321497
>>123322586
OP here. didn't even know you were adding Dinosaurs to whatever you are adding them too..? rest assured I will not use any assets you make. Any dinosaurs I need I will make myself or find from Free Images.
>>
File: wip.jpg (145KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
145KB, 640x480px
ded thread
>>
>>123348793
Tell me more about these halls.
>>
>>123348989
What do you want to know?
>>
>>123349721
EVERYTHING.
>>
File: halls.jpg (144KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
halls.jpg
144KB, 640x480px
>>123350286
well I am trying to make a might and magic 3 kind of game. very open and death around every corner. this is a town I am working on. deciding on textures atm.
>>
>>123226892
Yami is a great scripter, his problem is full debugging because he's in University. He relies heavily on community input.
>>
File: cluttered.jpg (180KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cluttered.jpg
180KB, 640x480px
too much?
>>
>>123353673
It's really hard for me to parse where things begin and end in that shot - there's just so much going on that my eyes can't find a spot to focus on easily.

I'd desaturate the party, add outlines to stuff - anything to help create a visual division between the party and the mobs. As-is they're interpenetrating.
>>
I just got done playing some Shantae and now I am really bummed out about how bad my game's platforming and animations are in comparison.
>>
First day of Christmas Game Jam! Do your best, everyone!
>>
>>123353827

working on it =)
>>
>>123354035
Was that what you were really aiming for though?
>>
File: Books.png (82KB, 1016x568px) Image search: [Google]
Books.png
82KB, 1016x568px
Been forever since I've posted here.

Hi guys.
>>
>>123358664
Way Forward's animations are gorgeous and I've been trying to incorporate them in my game as best as possible. Thankfully there are a number of plugins that help out with this.

In terms of platforming though, you're right. It's not the most important aspect at all, and it doesn't need to be amazing. I'm just frustrated because I've spent the last few days doing nothing but trying to get the character to jump properly.

(And then I played Shantae and everything is too perfect.)
>>
>>123359040
Oh hey, I was wondering if you were alive. Glad to see you're still working on that game, still looking forward to playing it.
>>
File: try again.jpg (174KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
try again.jpg
174KB, 640x480px
>>
>>123359350
>Oh hey /rpgmg/, I was wondering if you were alive
>>
>>123364159
>>123359350
SAMEFAG
>>
File: nope.png (4KB, 375x111px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
4KB, 375x111px
>>123364478
nah.
>>
Can I somehow read the moment when the player unpresses the button?
>>
>>123366664
On the regular map (not in menus or during battle), yeah, kinda. Have a parallel process for "button ____ being pressed" which turns a self-switch to change its tab. The next tab over just has condition self switch == A or whatever.

On that second tab, you can have the same "button ____ being pressed," but put what you want into its Else statement.
>>
File: 1349518042064.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1349518042064.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>123367142
>On that second tab, you can have the same "button ____ being pressed," but put what you want into its Else statement.
Not exactly the most convenient of ways to do things, but I guess it's not that big of harm. Thanks a lot, anon!
>>
>>123367758
If you want it repeatable (like "on every release of this button") rather than a one-time occurrence, turn off the self switch at the bottom of that Else. That will flip the event back to its first page.
>>
How is MV? Are all the good scripts locked behind paywalls?
>>
>>123368489
Hmmmh, I didn't really need it for this, but I had another thing, I completely forgot about, where this will come in handy. Thank you very much!
>>
Phoenix down.
>>
Are there any good icon sets for MV yet?
>>
>>123376820
Only Yanfly's adaptation of VX's.
>>
Is there a plugin for MV that lets you "lock" a party member into the party?
>>
>>123379416
Yanfly's party plugin lets you do that.
>>
Pls give me a plot idea for a lewd christmas game with dinosaurs.
>>
>>123379712
Do I need to install any other of his plugins to use it?
>>
>>123380064
Sexy dinosaur women have stolen Christmas, so you fuck 'em up then fuck 'em.
>>
>Fucking around with scripts
>Need to do a little math, a simple formula (x/100).to_f
>Set x to 100 works fine and gives 1.0
>Set x to 70 and the result comes up as 0.0
Thanks, ruby.
>>
>>123382591
Turns out all I had to do is (x.to_f / 100.0) and it works fine. Welp, I feel stupid now.
>>
Anon casts Bump!
>>
>>123381147
it is standalone
he has a core engine but by no means is it required to use in anything else
>>
>>123388589
...so what does the core engine do?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBT05GTDKa4

Yanfly's newest tips & tricks teaches video you how to do stat distribution using his plugins.

What do you guys think about the stat distribution system? I personally think it's nice but as a player, I really don't feel assed enough to make decisions like stat allocation since my experience with RPG maker games is you can fuck yourself pretty hard because the designer doesn't know how to balance his game right.
>>
>>123388703
It lets you change the resolution of your MV games. Fixes up some nasty bugs that Enterbrain won't fix. Let's you change gauge colors and other random window things. It also has this option of making large numbers separated by commas. 1234567 becomes 1,234,567.
>>
>>123388716
This! Exactly!
>>
Does the MV trial link in the OP work? The demo download from the site says it's 1GB but the mega one is just 500MB
>>
>>123380064
I'm going to have a Dinosaur in my Christmas Jam game, just for that anon that always suggests that I do something with Dinosaurs.
>>
>>123380064
Terrorists attack Santa's factory. He and his sexy elf slaves must defend it. One of the dungeons in the toy dinosaur factory.

(don't steal the sexy elf slaves part, though)
>>
File: mappin.png (108KB, 545x415px) Image search: [Google]
mappin.png
108KB, 545x415px
Decided to put a minimap into the game if I'm going to have these dungeon exploration portions. I want people to maybe get a little lost and confused - not hopelessly and eternally lost.
>>
File: no minimap4u.jpg (145KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
no minimap4u.jpg
145KB, 640x480px
>>123394251
pfffft handholding sucks remove that shit. Let them make their own maps if they need it.
>>
File: serious-business.png (13KB, 261x272px) Image search: [Google]
serious-business.png
13KB, 261x272px
>>123394679
Mitch writes down the solution to navigating the mazes of the temple - but then doesn't make a map in a labyrinth? I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>123394868
let them explore =( let them have surprises.
>>
>>123394868
>>123395083
Maybe there is a map but it doesn't show the player's positioning in it.
>>
>>123395618
Maybe it could work like the maps in Doom and stuff where hidden areas don't appear on the map until you find them?
>>
>>123396406
Unfortunately, doing something like that would require more time than I have. I can (and do) omit secret areas from the map, marking their entrances with a symbol if you find them, but that's about as fancy as I can get there without rewriting this script.
>>
File: arctic dinosaur.jpg (30KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
arctic dinosaur.jpg
30KB, 800x524px
>>123380064
Yule Lads go around some medieval village "punishing" "bad girls". Their pet is an arctic dinosaur. Because raisins.

It is near Christmas time and some anon travels/time travels to a Caveman/Flintstones time/dimension. He decides to seduce the local girls and also teach these primitive people about Christmas.

For the /ss/ fans. A mom/aunt/step-mom wants to figure out the best Christmas gift for her teenage son, so she uses a SCIENCE! machine to enter his dreams. There are dinosaurs because raisins.
>>
>>123359350
Glad to hear that. I've been working on my game a bit on-and-off the past couple of months, but lately I've been way more productive. Mostly learning how to sprite, which is tedious work.
>>
File: Links.jpg (96KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
Links.jpg
96KB, 384x256px
Can someone remove the background from this for me pls?
>>
>>123382925
#to_f is superfluous. Math operations involving a float will always return a float, afaik. Your first try doesn't work because you're calling to_f on the result of the division, meaning the information you want is already gone.
>>
Is it possible for rpg maker to set variables to persist between save files? Or load a save file via an event and then continue running the same event or start a new event immediately following?
>>
>>123402304
Yep. Just write your data into the game's .ini file.
>>
>>123402529
Sorry, CFG file. It's in your game's main directory. I've forgotten how to write to it but I know there's a way to via scripts.
>>
>>123398854
Holy fucking artifacts. Damn. I opened this up to edit it but it just looks way too tedious.

Trying to find a better version of that image may do you more than trying to edit it with how messy the sprites are going to be.
>>
>>123402808
Good, I was thinking of having a Time Travel system to expand on various plot threads rather than have an absurdly long storyline. I'll definitely do some looking into this!
>>
>>123398854
>.jpg
Anon no
>>123402808
This seems like a bad idea; why not adapt save/load to save/load certain data to a set persistent variables file?
>>
>>123404359
What makes it a bad idea? It's a file that already exists and is built to store data which persists outside of save files. Seems exactly what they want.
>>
File: Links.png (179KB, 384x256px)
Links.png
179KB, 384x256px
>>123398854

Still a bit fucked though.
>>
File: rpg-link.png (210KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
rpg-link.png
210KB, 384x256px
>>123407246
>>123398854
Damn. Now is a time when beaten to it" is truly annoying.
>>
>>123407998
nah yours is better than mine >>123407246
mine has this ugly ass green line around it still.
>>
>>123327190
Thanks a lot my man.
>>
Can the jam use assets that I made monrhs ago?
>>
>>123407246
>>123407998
While your intentions are nice, he should've deal with this himself.
>>
File: Cave Crawler.png (9KB, 166x167px) Image search: [Google]
Cave Crawler.png
9KB, 166x167px
>>123394251
....is this RPG maker?
>>
File: editor-shot.png (111KB, 545x442px) Image search: [Google]
editor-shot.png
111KB, 545x442px
>>123417575
Yes. More specifically, it's using a custom RPG Maker project to create custom map files to load back in and be interpreted by a script in your actual project.

Or an RPG Maker game which serves as an editor for your RPG Maker project's Isometric/first-person maps.
>>
>>123417892
So...where would someone find the tools to do this?
>>
>>123418061
Google "MGC fple" and "napoleon's minimap".
Their sites/pages/forum posts should tell get you the hows and wheres.

Mind that I've already somewhat customized the scripts in question on my end so my end-result may look different from your end-result.
>>
>>123419502
Thank you
>>
>>123420205
Yep. How you enjoy it.
>>
File: character1_30.png (156KB, 319x425px) Image search: [Google]
character1_30.png
156KB, 319x425px
So, /rpgmg/, how would you feel about a lewd game that used screenshots from some 3D hentai game like Artificial Academy 2 for character portraits and scenes?

I wouldn't try to sell it or anything, of course. But I've been wanting to make something for a while, and while I can edit sprites decently, I couldn't draw if my life depended on it. I've seen games do it before, and I thought it got the job done even if it wasn't the greatest, but I'm curious what others think.

Or is there a better way?
>>
>>123423595
It is ok, but you should just try to learn to draw or 3dmodel yourself.

There are lewd RPGM that get 2000$ patreons from shitty 30 minutes long games with 2004-era artwork.
>>
>>123423595
considering artificial academy 2 and similar games allow alot of character customization you should be fine, and while custom art or models are preferable it does take alot of skill to make. If the game itself without the h-content is fairly interesting you should be more then fine. Also AA2 models are vastly more preferred to stolen h-pics or live action porn images imo.
>>
Guys, I'd like to make my battle animation (a tongue licking the nothing) come out from the mouth of the attacker. How do I do that?
>>
File: Bobby Barrows.png (112KB, 250x383px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby Barrows.png
112KB, 250x383px
I think we're gonna be seeing a demo of my clocktower game tonight!

Hope you're ready.

It has original content as I wanted to put a spin on it instead of just recreating the original game.
I have however recreated a few rooms and scenarios just because I love them so fucking much.

Give me about a half-hour to an hour I'll have a demo available.
>>
>>123423595
When it comes to masturbating, I only need that my aid is sexy. Use whatever methods you want, it's all the end product I care about.
>>
>>123429691
Enjoy faggots.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gv27i226em5xl4/Clocktower%20Demo.zip?dl=0
>>
>>123432204
Let's see. Dude, you have high quantities of pressure on your back. I always loved the setting in Clock Tower. Will play and give you feedback.
>>
>>123432204
Will play when I get home.
>>
Would people mind if i used dinosaur like dragons instead of dinosaurs in the Christmas jam?
>>
>>123435139
No one cares =D Use what you want.
>>
File: pic.png (14KB, 539x416px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
14KB, 539x416px
>>123432204
>>123433589
So, I've made up some notes:
> Project7
You really should change this.
> 'Decision' sound sucks.
> Dialogues
Cool! I would just put some quote marks to let the player knows when someone starts talking and when someone else does. But the intro is very cool, though.
> RTP > Oh boy
Look, to me, the problem here isn't because you're using RTP, but because it doesn't have anything to do with the horror theme. Also, we all can see you really like Clock Tower, and that's VERY cool. But you should learn how to give more drama and personality to your scenes. How about some overlays and stuff?
> Those elves have all the same face.
> There's lot in the menu to disable.
> pic 1
You can do better.
> Rooms
Cool! But waaaay huge.
> Why did I died when I got the red drink? Dunno what happens in the original game.

Btw, maybe I'm facing it as a complete release and not as a demo, but I think you should take it as an alpha version or something like that, because a demo version should show the game's full potential. I REALLY think you can improve it a lot to make it reach the level of your dedication.

Keep working, dude, I really wanna play it with its full potential.
>>
Stuff happened, I got sad from stress.

Cheer me up with tales of what you've been doing, Anon.
>>
File: Samson-lion_Rubens.jpg (35KB, 445x383px) Image search: [Google]
Samson-lion_Rubens.jpg
35KB, 445x383px
>>123435139
Considering someone was suggesting vampire dinosaurs earlier, I think it's safe to say you can interpret the rules however you want.
"Christmas" is also a very vague theme. Everyone taking part should think of interesting ways to express it. It doesn't have to be about Santa or Jesus. Although, it might be cool to take a bible story and turn it into a game. I'm not religious in any way, but there is some great inspiration in there.

Donkey jaw bone-wielding Samson game when?

>>123435893
>Stuff happened, I got sad from stress.
I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. I hope you feel better soon. You should take a break, make yourself a warm drink and do something you enjoy for a while.
>Cheer me up with tales of what you've been doing, Anon.
I'm starting my Christmas Jam game. Just brainstorming some ideas at the moment.
>>
>>123435893
I hope you're not stressing out because of being next in the queue. I can always spend more time on this thing if you need some time to decompress and destress.
>>
>>123435681
Yeah maybe demo is too broad a term.

Alpha seems more appropriate.

and as i said i'm adding alot of my own things, the red drink wasn't in the actual game it's more or less just there to fuck with you though i may give it a purpose later just for the sake of it.

anyway I'm crafting assets as I go. I may just end up ripping the portraits straight from clocktower as their new talking portraits if i'm gonna be honest.
>>
>>123435893
Been editing voice files for the next episode of Defeat the Darkness. It introduces the secret character. She's a bard! Have an outtake.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0K3q2dRJLIg
>>
>>123435893
>spend three hours looking for ideas for a christmas jam game
>nothing
>open new project
>dont know how to call it yet
>call it christmas jam because fuck it
And then IT hits me:
http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/special-occasion/yule-ooze
>>
>>123438005
Rpgs + Yuletide = Christmas Slime

Can't argue with that. Go for it!
>>
>>123435681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HmjM8kN8xA

Here's a sort of idea of what i'm doing for.
>>
>>123442496
Neat but shouldn't you be able to see the ponos when she bounces upwards? It kinds just looks like she's just sliding up and down.
>>
File: Capture.png (32KB, 558x487px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32KB, 558x487px
Progress bump.

I'm using the christmas jam as an excuse to try out dawnbringer's 16 color palette.
I don't think it would suit my main project, but I think it's pretty nifty otherwise. It's fun to try out different colors and styles.
>>
File: 1420847125004.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1420847125004.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>123442496
could you maybe not
>>
Ded
>>
>>123424010
>>123424738
>>123429838
Got it, thanks.

I'll likely end up using something like AA2, at least for my first project. Learning to make my own art would be ideal, but I think it'd be quite an investment to get my art to a level I'd consider worth using, and I'd rather focus on finishing something first. Ideally, my first project would be something small to see how development goes, and I can consider stepping up my game if I move on to a bigger project.

More likely, my first project will start small and then mutate into something I have no hope of finishing. Oh well.

>>123424738
>If the game itself without the h-content is fairly interesting you should be more then fine.
I'll probably focus heavily on the game part, yeah. To be honest, hentai games bore me when the game parts are just a shallow vehicle for the H parts.

Depending on how it goes, I'll likely either integrate the sexual content with the gameplay or just design it as an RPG with a strong emphasis on the sexy. I had the beginnings of an idea for the former - you'd play a succubus in sexually repressed school setting, hiding your nature and seducing students to build up strength and deal with... something - but I'm not committed to anything yet. I don't have any immediate plans to start working.
>>
>>123453221
>you'd play a succubus in sexually repressed school setting, hiding your nature and seducing students
yes
>>
File: autumnsale.png (19KB, 622x171px) Image search: [Google]
autumnsale.png
19KB, 622x171px
Help me, /rpgmg/. Is Luna Engine any good?
>>
>>123456924
We used to have a dev for LE come around here and offer help/give previews/etc. I'd say it gives you a definite advantage over RTP work if you're looking to go commercial. For that price, it'd be useful for playing around and giving yourself a HUD that you like. RTP gets boring after a while, and isn't easily changed.

Also, because I'm curious:

>>123456789
>>
>>123456924
only if you can script. if you can't its like buying a lbook in a language you don't understand.
>>
File: izombie.jpg (158KB, 1172x658px) Image search: [Google]
izombie.jpg
158KB, 1172x658px
>>123417892
Just a heads up but the textures can be up to 512x512. the default 64x64 is awful.
>>
File: 1446905866563.png (782KB, 490x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1446905866563.png
782KB, 490x1015px
bump.
>>
>>123458323
Recognized - but unless I've got another week courtesy of Silent Maid to work on this thing I don't have the time to craft up some new pieces of art for walls, ceilings, and floors. 32^2px is very easy to slap stuff together for.
>>
Happy Thanksgiving, /rpgmg/
>>
>>123466930
Y-you too
>>
File: wandering_sprite.gif (33KB, 531x398px)
wandering_sprite.gif
33KB, 531x398px
>>123466930
Thanks, man. Hope you have a happy thanks-giving too.
>>
Oh man now I want to make a first person dungeon crawler.
>>
File: 1445055896856.jpg (30KB, 1472x992px) Image search: [Google]
1445055896856.jpg
30KB, 1472x992px
>>123471104
I feel you.
>get the idea to make an EO-like dungeon crawler
>look into it, can't find anything, give up
>start lurking here by chance after finding out there's a new rpg maker
>start working on a game
>get really into it and decide that I'm going to stick with this game until I finish it
>someone shares FPLE here
>>
>>123471104
In fairness, this dungeon exploration portion is in FPLE somewhat because it heightens the tension and horror of the stuff that's lurking about.

While making this stuff I have considered making a Silent Hill FPDC/Roguelike - I think I could possibly make it successful so long as I keep the game short (you build an immunity to this type of horror through exposure, which means I have to be careful on pacing and so forth).
>>
>>
page 10
>>
File: sweet.png (300KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
sweet.png
300KB, 640x400px
>>123435893
Figured out what exactly I'm doing for my christmas game, and started sketching out how things are going to look.
>>
>>123435893
Hope you're better, m8.

I've got a new freelancer job, so I'm scared as fuck that it delays me on the jam and on my personal project. Btw, yesterday I've finnished a new battler/enemy and now I'm developing more the chat/beastiary system.
>>
>>123445798
That's cool!
>>
Is it possible to make tactical rpgs in rpg maker?
>>
Are there any tilesets for that FPLE thing?
>>
>>123489865
If you can code in javascript, certainly.
>>
>>123489865
Google 'gubid rpg maker vx ace tactical battle system.
>>
If you have 6-7 ideas for games for the Jam, what would be the best way to pick one?
>>
>>123497820
http://wheeldecide.com/
>>
>>123491742
Not really, no. All you need to do is cut and paste the tiles you want from the tilesets you're using however. Autotiling would need to be done manually though.
>>
>>123498072
I was looking for something more methodological.

I guess that trying to write a design document for all the ideas would be simple enough.
>>
>>123486931
candyland?
>>
Does it make sense if cavewomen have modern normal animals as totem spirits in a world where all/most enemy encounters are Toriko-like (chimeras of two animals, animals and food, animals with "bad ass" or funny traits, etc.)?
>>
>>123510427
Sure. Just make them like the 'elder spirits' - the animals that came before all the others.
>>
File: Paper Battle.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Paper Battle.webm
1MB, 640x480px
So here is my PaperMario Battle System, buffs/debuffs will be important.

Current my game have 1 main character and 6 sidecharacters
the party is made of 4 and you need to pick them at the start of the adventure.
As you can imagine some of the characters dont get a long and thus change the way the adventure goes.

Also 5 classes total and classes cant be changed, they are already fix with the characters.
>>
>>123511804
I'm Brazilian, too, and I love how "bat" was translated to "bastão", that means "bat (like in baseball)".

Btw, I didn't get what it haves from Paper Mario, but appreciate you're doing it.
>>
>>123512206
low numbers.

And yeah i feel you.
>>
Man, this first dungeon spooks me out. Has made it hard testing it out at times even though I know exactly where everything is.

I hope other people find it spooky. Meanwhile, I've got to find some way to finish this thing by Sunday maybe -- has Silent Maid confirmed whether they want me to hold off on launching this thing this weekend or not?

Nobody's cued after them so I guess they're the stop-sign for when I need to push this out the door. I still don't think it's ready yet but I could shoestring it together in three nights if I really needed to.
>>
I really hope we get another influx of people now that Ace is on sale for $17. I just like to see people's ideas become something.
>>
>>123511804
Wait. You are running MV with your system language as portuguese? Arent you experiencing a billion performance issues?

MV couldnt stop dying when I was using Spanish as the default.
>>
File: Jennifer Face.png (14KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
Jennifer Face.png
14KB, 90x90px
>>123429691
>>123433589
>>123435681
Thanks for the feedback.

As I said here >>123436827
I've decided to rip the pics straight from clocktower.

Again the game is still in alpha as I said if you reached the big doors at the end of the trial I intend to make the game ALOT bigger, pretty much every "Locked" door will be enterable at the very least by the end.

I may eventually just redo everything with custom assets but right now this is just the first rocky parts of development.

Anyway here is an example of Jennifer's new portrait ripped straight from clocktower.
>>
>>123513275
I'm the pricky anon from before.
Dude, I think it's way better to rip it. Also, if you need new sounds, music and stuff, just try to get from Clock Tower 2 and 3 (2 is my favorite and I think the setting approaches more to the first than the third). It's just that with the common kawaii assets, it just took away a lot of the horrific feeling I loved. But I understand and, as I said before, I REALLY believe on the potential of your remake/revamp. Not just to cheer you up, but It's something I really would play from the beginning to the end.
>>
File: vxace.png (14KB, 733x86px) Image search: [Google]
vxace.png
14KB, 733x86px
AAAAAAW
HERITGOES, /rpgmg/!
>>
File: 1448282601232.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448282601232.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>123513035
I have a gimmicky idea for battles that center around manipulating your allies' A.I.
You only directly control your human "programmer" character, with the other three party members being kinds of machines that act on their own. Instead of leveling up, you regularly find parts to build them stronger and raise their stats. You can decide their skills and stat growth outside of battle, and maybe influence them in-battle as well ("fight defensively," "support," "full offense," etc.)

Is this worth continuing with, or would it be boring as shit since you're not personally doing much during combat?
>>
>>123513227
none so far.

Also i using a sublime text reader so i can change things as my like. that portuguese part is just a code text that can be changed.

i will keep records of my crawlig advetures in the code.
>>
>>123514478
Seems interesting, I'd be willing to play it.
>>
File: screenshot-rpg-maker-2003-01.jpg (284KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-rpg-maker-2003-01.jpg
284KB, 800x450px
Why does 2k3 have better trees than MV?
>>
>>123514478
I like it. It reminds me a bit of Digimon World and Medabots.
>>
>>123513751
Oh and to answer your question >>123435681
I'm still working on that sequence, you'll notice after you drop the wine bottle and stumble backwards you'll here a thud sound and a short pause before you die?

I haven't implemented the sprite yet but at that sound jennifer is supposed to fall on her back dead.
so yeah that's what happened it was poisoned.
>>
File: $Jennifer.png (3KB, 69x259px) Image search: [Google]
$Jennifer.png
3KB, 69x259px
>Ripped Jennifer's sprites from clocktower and inserted them into RPG maker

I...I like the results better than I thought I would.
I thought it would look stupid but it doesn't look half bad.
>>
Hi guys. I'm still writing dialogue for my next part of the collab. Kinda glad I did because just coming up with this shit and proofreading takes quite a bit.

>>123498238
Hi Firgof. Take as long as you need. I figure I won't be doing a christmas jam until I'm firmly done with this collab thing.
>>
File: 800x600.jpg (168KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
800x600.jpg
168KB, 640x480px
Just found out RPGMAKER XP has higher resolutions options through scripting.
>>
File: 800x600.jpg (229KB, 810x629px) Image search: [Google]
800x600.jpg
229KB, 810x629px
>>123521425
ohh thats odd it goes back to normal on full screen
>>
File: ExampleOfIsland.png (238KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ExampleOfIsland.png
238KB, 640x480px
>>
>>123522606
gief tileset
>>
>>123522712
nm found it. great find!
>>
File: ExampleOfSwamp.png (433KB, 640x480px)
ExampleOfSwamp.png
433KB, 640x480px
>>123522712
Use reverse google. The tiles are mostly SD3 rips, but I liked the mapping. All this modern stuff is too squarish.
>>
>>123523373
yeah it looks great now i just need 2k3..
>>
File: ExampleOfGrotto.png (173KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
ExampleOfGrotto.png
173KB, 320x480px
>>
>>123517420
Same pricky anon. Dude, wtf!? It looks great! Loved it!

>>123515830
Now that makes sense. I was pretty confused about why drinking that wine made me die, but now it makes sense that you shouldn't drink everything you see around.
>>
File: sucks - Cópia.png (87KB, 973x547px) Image search: [Google]
sucks - Cópia.png
87KB, 973x547px
Hey, guys! How do I properly reduce the RPGM MV's tile size. Tried to do it via the ChangeTileSize plugin, by Shaz, but it makes it looks ridiculous. How do I do?
>>
So for the Christmas Jam game, I think I'm gonna do a Monster Hunter fangame. Anyone play that around here? I'm gonna use a Deviljho as the main final monster but not sure about what else to put in.
>>
>>123525050
Make the protagonist a girl with a Barioth Helmet and a sling-bikini :^)
>>
>>123525286
It's not a lewd game anon.
>>
Ok. Lets play a game. I'll give some animals and what they act like in term of Classes. You tell me if they are what you imagine:

Frog
Tanky magic user specialized in healing.

Butterfly
Quick magic user specialized in healing..

Snake
All-out offense warrior/assassin class.

Panther
Balanced physical attacker.

Crow
Magic user that specializes in offensive spells.

Spider
Magic user that specializes in buffs/debuffs..

Owl
Jack of all trades with a magically oriented build..

Wolf
Also jack of all trades, but more physically oriented.

If I tell the player to pick four animal spirits to build a team, how likely is it that they fuck themselves by picking no healers/no mages/no beatsticks?
>>
Does anyone knows how do I open the 'items screen' via script?
>>
>>123525873
It seems OK to me, anon. I don't really think it would fuck up the player, he would just have to adapt to the classes it picked.
>>
>>123525050
Felynes. Duh.
>>
>>123525873
Frog
A Knight like class (Blame Chrono Trigger)

Butterfly
Fragile magic user, both offense and defense.

Snake
Stealth/Agility based assassin/thief.

Panther
Full offensive berserker

Crow
Offensive support-like class

Spider
Debuffing/Damage over Time specialized class

Owl
Magic specialist who has the best MATK scalings

Wolf
Group leader, specializes in offensive and buffing skills
>>
>>123525050
>Not using Fatalis as the final monster.
>>
>>123526584
That is interesting. I originally had Owl as the most powerful magic user, but switched the places with Crow because Crow reminded me more of Black Mages in appearance, and Owl seemed stronger physically and the sort who would have Healing Spells as well. Owls do have a connection with Merlin, so they could easily be seen as sages (even if crows are smarter in real life).

Wolf being more oriented to buffs.does make a lot of sense.

Would a Turtle say "Healing Tank" better than the Frog? In a way, the shell seems to scream "Knight" a lot more.
>>
>>123528257
Yeah, turtle would definitely fit that image a lot more.
>>
>>123527212
I picked a Deviljho cause it's Christmas colours and the hunters are gonna use it to make decorations for a Christmas tree.
>>
>>123531296
I dunno why I'm pushing this, but White Fatalis is red and white, just not green.
Also, I'm Dreaming of a White Fatalis.
In any case, your choice is equally great or better. Enjoy making the game and good luck! :)
>>
>>123531931
How about a White Fatalis for an optional Super Boss after the Deviljho is used for basic decorations? I can imagine the White Fatalis would make a nice "Star" for the tree.
>>
>>123521408
Cool. I'll try and finish up ASAP - sorry for the pushbacks. This thing is bulky and I've been pretty distracted with getting stuff packed up. Also having to learn how to do certain stuff in FPLE like the wallgrates and pushbuttons.

I'll just lore them away if I can't figure out how to fix 'em.
>>
>>123533909
Don't worry, other than boss fights, I've lored away pretty much every other gameplay thing.

Speaking of which, how would one go about fighting a boss with multiple parties? It's, uh, lore related again.
>>
>>123535456
Critical points or Party Fatigue [FF7 One Winged Angel].

#1: Whenever the boss reaches a certain stage of defeated, we switch to another party.

#2: Whenever a party group is defeated, we swap out the members of the party with ones being held in reserve.

#3: (Complex, but...) Party-swap mechanics. You gain an option called 'Squad' where you can select a squad to command this turn.
>>
>>123535456
You could also invent something new, like taking inspiration from FF8's GF system and making the boss fight about summoning - and keeping summoned - a force which can actually fight the boss. All other turns are about keeping the party alive and keeping the boss debuffed.
>>
>>123535673
I don't really like that suggestion but thanks anyway.

>>123535579
#1 - That's my default plan but I'm thinking there might be a more interesting way.

#2 - Sounds better, but I don't know how to implement this.

#3 - This doesn't suit what I had it mind but might be cool.
>>
File: 6.png (257KB, 539x415px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
257KB, 539x415px
Gotta change the placeholder music... some sound effects and make a more dramatic transition after pressing "New Game", but we're getting there.

https://a.pomf.cat/xbntyw.mp4
>>
File: abyss-l2-concept.png (144KB, 664x572px) Image search: [Google]
abyss-l2-concept.png
144KB, 664x572px
>>123536667
Cool with me. also don't sweat the small stuff. We've only got a short period of time to do stuff so don't expect the moon of your contribution (like me)
>>
File: box.png (2KB, 425x121px) Image search: [Google]
box.png
2KB, 425x121px
I recently bought 2k3 on Steam and had doubts of moving and updating my project to it. Despite the lack of plugin support compared to the unofficial version (which to be honest, I would probably have never install any) the moment I saw the text box had lines/margins I was sold.
>>
File: Capture.png (56KB, 816x624px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
56KB, 816x624px
Wassup guys? Doing well?

Anyway, I need some feedback on pic related:
How does the snow look color-wise? I have a feeling it looks a bit too... minty. Also, which color scheme for the character do you like best? Although I do like the blue guy, I'm not sure if it would blend in too much with the snow themed backgrounds.
>>
>>123543970
Because ace and mv totally doesn't have that
>>
>>123543970
Which engine were you using before?
>>
>>123543970
Ace and MV have this to.

You probably should try Ace, MV still in baby steps.
>>
>>123545163
It is one of the features I missed after using Ace. Creating dialogue in 2k3 is a pain without it.

>>123545691
2k3, the unofficial version. I basically updated from using v1.08 to v1.11.
>>
>>123549146
I initially tried Ace but I could never get the fonts to not have anti-aliasing. It was a real pain to deal with especially because my projects were mainly low resolution. Since then I began feeling uncomfortable using Ace.
>>
Where can i get 2k3 for free? there is no demo for it.
>>
>>123550132
nm found it
>>
File: fonts.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fonts.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
whats a good font to use?
>>
File: Gabby.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gabby.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
>>123552864
>>
>>123552864
You can never go wrong with comic sans.
>>
>>123553795
is that a :^) post?
>>
>>123553812
Maybe.
More seriously though, you should try and see which font goes best with the design of your windows. If you're keeping the same window style then >>123552864 is a better pick.
>>
>>123553916
Still trying to find a good Windowset..
>>
File: Font.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Font.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
Perhaps I should just stick to default.
>>
File: blue.png (48KB, 816x624px) Image search: [Google]
blue.png
48KB, 816x624px
>>123544605
I'd prefer a light blue like this instead. I also like the blue character, but that's mainly because I'm biased towards blue in general.
>>
>>123554506
Looks way better than the others in my opinion.
>>
>>123554729
just noticed the post =)

bit too dark.

>>123554729
looks nicer
>>
File: Game 2015-11-27 14-34-51-33.webm (872KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Game 2015-11-27 14-34-51-33.webm
872KB, 1024x768px
>>123554810
Speaking of too dark, this webm got a bit darker than it is in the game.

I made a projector and attempted on a shadow thingy whenever you walk by. Realistically, you'd get larger the closer you walked towards the projector, but I just made it fade instead, because I'm no wizard.
>>
bump me up inside
>>
>>123555413
>>123554729

Cool! It's great!
>>
I want to add a contribution to the dlc pastebin, its the comipo stuff + all dlc, thru 2 .torrent files/magnet links. You anons interested?
>>
File: so.png (61KB, 642x508px) Image search: [Google]
so.png
61KB, 642x508px
>>123524356
if the plugin doesnt help, open your source on photoshop and resize the image 150% with preserve hard edges setting. Pic related its me using Time Fantasy sources (vx ace) on MV
>>
So how long do we have to wait for a new actual RPG Maker that doesn't cater to mobile babbies?
>>
>>123568053
Probably at least a couple of years.
>>
>>123568053
they need to add the layers back. this shit isn't funny.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 544x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 544x413px
>unironically using MV chargen defaults
>>
>>123572615
why not rip the rest of DBZ and use those faces?
>>
>they still haven't fixed or even mentioned the qtwebengine process or lagging audio
RIP RPG Maker MV I learned my lesson and will happily pirate the next one and never give these shitters another cent of my money.
>>
>>123574558
Oh wait I remember now the audio delay is because the RPGM is "simluating" downloading the audio from a website because nobody wants to make desktop games anymore, only shitty little casualfag browser and phone games, so it's not even an option you can toggle.
:^)
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x449px
>>123574558
You're a part of the problem.
>>
>>123574812
Nah. I'm pretty sure the RPGM devs never looked at me and thought "You know what. That guy made me realize something. We need to make an RPG Maker for phones and browsers."
>>
File: [Shreks Fedora].jpg (19KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
[Shreks Fedora].jpg
19KB, 353x334px
>He bought RPG Maker for 70$
>He didn't pirate.

Sorry, I'd love to support but really? 70$, either get it during a sale or just lower the price to begin with. Plus RPG maker has it's possibilites as well as restrictions, it really isn't worth a full 60 to 70$.

Maybe I'll actually buy MV if it goes on sale or something but i'm satisfied with my pirated Ace atm.
>>
>>123577023
>Maybe I'll actually buy MV if it goes on sale or something but i'm satisfied with my pirated Ace atm.
You've got it backwards. Ace was actually worth the money.
MV should only be pirated.
>>
File: [Tipping Intensifies].jpg (13KB, 221x225px) Image search: [Google]
[Tipping Intensifies].jpg
13KB, 221x225px
>>123577090
oh so pirate MV too?

Gotcha, thanks for the tip m8.
>>
>>123577090
Both are worth that kind of money. See: Crazy amounts of graphics assets in both.
>>
>>123577230
>VX Ace not worth buying
Suit yourself. It's no one else's fault that you use vanilla resources and can't script.
>>
>>123577501
>Both are worth that kind of money
MV is literally hindered by the fact that it was built for browsers and phones. They've come right out and stated that certain parts of the game suffer for the sake of mobile/browser support.
Like delayed audio and limited map size.
MV is garbage.

>See: Crazy amounts of graphics assets in both.
The assets are literally the most worthless parts of the software. Anyone worth a shit makes their own.
>>
>>123577632
Well I certainly can't argue against your opinions, especially when you seem to think they're the only valid ones that exist.

It's OK to be wrong though, especially about how the assets 'are worthless'.
>>
So is MV worth starting a new project in? I'm not interested at all on mobile/browser games. What, roughly speaking, are the limits of MV compared to Ace?
>>
>>123578146
If anything it has less limits in general. It has its hiccups and new issues due to being so platform-generic but if you're willing to acknowledge and accept some quirkiness it's good engine to make a game in so long as you're wanting to target multiple platforms.

If you're wanting to target desktop only then you might want to make your own comparisons between VXA and MV, but MV does have certain specific advantages over VXA just by default because of things like the engine no longer running with a custom renderer, making it (for the first time in the RM line of products) possible to make games in whatever resolution you'd like (though the internal editor will always want to work with 48^2 px tiles).

So it comes down to what your goals are, I'd say, and whether you've already purchased one or the other.
>>
File: ClockTowerScreen.png (99KB, 545x416px)
ClockTowerScreen.png
99KB, 545x416px
Got a new clocktower alpha trial thingy.

Mostly showing off how you can interact with the enviroment now as well as a few extra scenes and new character sprites ripped directly from clock towel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e64k5u1ec4v89q7/ClockTower%20Alpha%20V0.01.zip?dl=0
>>
File: 1434865186421.jpg (27KB, 460x368px) Image search: [Google]
1434865186421.jpg
27KB, 460x368px
>>123578146
>I'm not interested at all on mobile/browser games.
Then no. It was built with no consideration for desktop/PC games. Only mobile and browser.

>>123578523
Stop being such a faggot little apologist. It's not "quirkiness", that's pure shill BS and you know it. They are flaws. Pretty big ones. When audio doesn't play for several seconds, and randomly doesn't play at all, that's a pretty big issue.
Nobody's going to enjoy a game where every battle they get in is awkwardly silent while they input their initial commands.

Maps are limited in size and the devs have specifically stated that this is due to performance issues on phones.

All they had to do was release a version for desktop and a version for mobile/browsers, but no. They released it all as one fucking game and hardcore users are losing out on performance and features for the sake of the casual crowd.

>So it comes down to what your goals are
Right, and if your goal is to make a desktop RPG, VX Ace is the superior product.
>>
>>123578979
>pure shill BS
No, it isn't.

>Nobody's going to enjoy a game where every battle they get in is awkwardly silent while they input their initial commands.
That's rig specific. Doesn't happen over here. What I get is audio stuttering but all my sounds play pretty much immediately. I haven't said anywhere that it doesn't have issues.

>Maps are limited in size
Yes, you can only go to 256x256 - which is still huge if you use that space right. You might have to break super large areas into smaller 'regions', fine, but I can't imagine that you'll have that many 256x256 areas in most projects.

>if your goal is to make a desktop RPG, VX Ace is the superior product.

Unless you also want the game to run on Mac.
>>
>>123579389
>>if your goal is to make a desktop RPG, VX Ace is the superior product.
Sorry, unless you want the game to run on Mac, have a higher resolution than 1024x768, for the game to be able to use shaders in any capacity, unless you want to use the mouse as your primary input method (I love Amaranth's mouse script too but it's still not as good as the native support in MV), et cetera.
>>
>>123578736
Also forgot to program an ending but beyond the big doors is the end of the game.
>>
>>123579389
>I haven't said anywhere that it doesn't have issues.
No, you just renamed them to "quirkiness" to avoid turning people off from buying your- sorry, I mean "their" game. :^)
>>
>>123578523
>>123578979
I get where you both are coming from and thanks for the different views.

I'm still using VX Ace but I got excited over the Javascript support on MV. I guess I'll just try it some time and see if it works out for me.
>>
>>123579961
>It has its hiccups and new issues [...] if you're willing to acknowledge and accept some quirkiness [...]

>>123579961
Why don't you actually read what I write rather than just assume what I wrote? Also, I'm laughing if you think I profit from anything I've said here.
>>
>>123577632
Note that most of the market who would pay for any RPG Maker product rather than pirate it is the Commercial share of the market. And for the Commercial market, Mobile Gaming is a HUGE deal. Specially in Japan, which is again, most of RPG Maker's market share. And since Japanese Doujin circles and Steam Store RPG Maker games use the RTP, it is a huge deal for most of the people buying their program.

Also, the big problem here is that you preordered MV. You bought a program without knowing what it was like. Get that. I've been telling people that preorder wasn't going to be worth it since MV was announced. I told everybody that most bugs and performance issues wouldn't be fixed until the next version, since that is the way things went down with VX. You defied common sense and bought it anyway. Own up to your own stupid mistakes.

Also, note that the Japanese version will come in December. We might get another (and final) update for the game after that. But don't expect any of the Mobile-based restrictions/"features" to go away with that.
>>
>>123580430
This anon knows what's up.
>>
>>123580430
Also VX Ace is in sale good deal if you ask me.
>>
>>123578979
>Maps are limited in size and the devs have specifically stated that this is due to performance issues on phones.
I assumed that this meant that games with maps larger than 250x250 lagged when played in phones.

Although I guess that would be an even stupider excuse, since it could have simply been a "warning" in the map creator saying "Maps larger than 250 tiles in height or length will cause some mobile devices to crash when opened".
>>
>>123581624
Yeah, at $17 I'd recommend snapping it up. It's gone lower before in christmas sales in the past but that's still damn good price/value for a stable, mature, engine.

Additionally, all of VXA's DLC is up for cheap - if you want some quality stuff to push into your projects now's a good time to buy.

MV is only 10% off to compare, and unless you're going in to it knowing and being totally ok with what >>123580430 said [like myself] I'd say that discount still isn't high enough to warrant a purchase if you're on the fence about it.
>>
>>123581993
Yeah. Next November should have MV with a 50% discount instead of just 10%, and since a commercial worthy project would take at least a year to build, it is probably the best idea to pirate it first for now to try things out and acquire the license when you are ready for the preAlpha version next year.
>>
New Yanfly Plugin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNfNmKqOxE
>>
>>123588921
>>
>>123593468
is there a full sheet of these characters?
Like walking up and down around ect?

I suddenly want to make a parodic nintendo rpg.
>>
>>123593676
Most are popular enough that probably have full sheets around, but that one I just found in Google all alone.
>>
File: 200.0% Dense.png (328KB, 442x600px) Image search: [Google]
200.0% Dense.png
328KB, 442x600px
With scripting is it possible to make a zelda like game in VX Ace?

>Space is attack button/action button ect.

I know it's called "RPG" maker but i still wonder if a combat system similar to the handheld and overhead zeldas is possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 380x148px)
image.jpg
36KB, 380x148px
Sprites I did yesterday. I've since done sideways and upward facing ones, but I don't have those available from work.

r8 or h8 the designs at your leisure.
>>
>>123596297
What is the setting like?
>>
>>123596673
Dweeby generic fantasy that also has Moon Bunnies
>>
File: festivus0002.png (12KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
festivus0002.png
12KB, 640x400px
>>123506348
Sort of.
Need to make these walls not quite as flat, but I want to get the other stuff for this set in before doing that.
>>
>>123598016
Shit, that looks fantastic. I love it.
>>
It's time to go searching for plot prompts.

In the meantime is there an MV plugin that allows one to battle in the overworld maps (kind of like fire emblem or disgaea where you can move around)?
>>
>>123601675
Not yet.
>>
>>123596849
Kamigawa then?

They look pretty cool to me. A bit unshaded, though.
>>
>>123602598
Self-imposed palette limitations.

I really enjoy working within certain rules and it's a fun challenge to me as a spriter. Sure, technically an NES sprite can only have four colors each and I'm
Cheating and doing five each, but it's been quite fun so far so I'll be sticking with it for all tiles and enemies.

The high price of this is going to be the le retro indie game stigma that's, frankly, fair and deserved.
>>
>>123584620
Fuuuuuuck yesssssssssss!!!

Also, what are y'all's opinions on Victor Saint coming back to the RM scene?
>>
>>123606479

Isn't he the really mean guy
>>
>>123609637
Yeah. I tried using his shit before. They required a commercial license, buggy as sin, and had huge compatibility issues. And if you ask him anything, he yells at you and calls you a dumbass.

I'm looking at his new website and new video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62PUDv29wvM The guy is ripping off Yanfly so hard.
>>
>>123594797
Anyone.
>>
File: $LotteCharacter.png (4KB, 81x245px) Image search: [Google]
$LotteCharacter.png
4KB, 81x245px
Clocktower RPG dev here.
finished the Lotte sprite set

For the record she's the only one who will be saveable. Mostly because laura and ann don't have the proper. Shall we say, positions to makeshift a full spriteset out of them.
>>
>>123594797
>>123611237
There are scripts for that. They're generally called action systems.
XAS probably has the most features, but I hear
Sapphire Action System is good too.
>>
>>123612545
Gotcha I'll go google that.

Was interested in making a Zelda like game where you just kinda swing your sword at the baddies and they die. Not really big on the RPG thing, it's kinda hard to set shit up to work within typical RPG standards.
>>
>>123610597

Yeah, I'd never use his scripts. No reason to when there are so many alternatives with more support.
>>
>>123612545
>Try to get sapphire action system.
>Go here http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/1309-sapphire-action-system-iv/
>The sites are down.

THIS IS TRUE SUFFERING
>>
>>123617517
Question. What alternatives are there in Ace other than Yanfly and Hudell? Yami's stuff is near unusable due to bugs. Tsukihime's scripts don't have enough substance to make a solid game.

There's always those single scripts, but the compatibility issues with those are bipolar so I refuse to use anything that isn't an already existing script library.
>>
Is there a way to completely clear out the database (except for tileset information)? Can I just clear out all of these JSON files except for "Tilesets" and start from scratch that way?
>>
File: selknam-02.jpg (151KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
selknam-02.jpg
151KB, 800x518px
>>
Are we bumping this thread? Yes! We are!
>>
File: 1447470169727.jpg (110KB, 700x975px) Image search: [Google]
1447470169727.jpg
110KB, 700x975px
>>123624901
just do it!
>>
>>123621665
just set everything to 1 max? simple.
>>
>>123567805
Thanks! But I wouldn't do it because I don't think it would be the best (no offenses), since it would unnecessarily increase the file's size.
>>
File: print.webm (911KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
print.webm
911KB, 1280x720px
>>123537980
Very fancy! Mine's waaaaay simpler and was hard to do (for me). I imagine yours...
>>
>>123606479
Victor is garbage
>>
>>123577632
You know what's funny? When people were submitting their GPU specs about MV's audio lag, it's because their shit is so outdated that's why they're getting laggy. You would even notice it whenever Kisai Tenshi observes people's PCs. Some shouldn't even exist.
>>
>>123629072
You know whats funny? when they ask for 70+ dollars for something inferior to older products just because you can try flog shit to mobile phone users.
>>
>>123630930
>inferior
Way to show how little you know and heap your saltiness on the pile of your garbage opinion in one post. A++ contributiob to thread.
>>
File: spider.jpg (362KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
362KB, 1440x1080px
Do you ever think of the Arachnophobes?
>>
Why there are people 4channing this thread?

>>123633673
Like it. I just don't get why the fonts are so little and why there are ninjas fighting alongside samurais.
>>
>>123633673
why is this shit so blurry
>>
>>123635105
Placeholder stuff. Just having fun =)
>>123636634
I increased the image size!
>>
>>123636974
Why do you resize placeholder stuff?
>>
>>123637550
I resized the jpg.
>>
File: font2.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
font2.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
Fonts are fun.
>>
File: healz.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
healz.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
Where did everyone go?
>>
>>123639636
What fonts are those?
>>
>>123639771
Razer Header Light.
>>
>>123639636
Sleeping, probably.
>>
>>123639636
0 to 100% how is your game done ?
>>
>>123640237
wha?
>>
>>123640304
come on man i am sleepy

just say your progress using %
>>
>>123640904
Still pretty low. doing it all myself and I never used RPG maker before.
>>
File: forest road.jpg (143KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
forest road.jpg
143KB, 640x480px
>>
>>123644416
Trees clash rather hard with the ground. Aside from that, looks pretty good.
>>
>>123644654
yes =) still looking for the perfect tree.
>>
File: oot.jpg (201KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oot.jpg
201KB, 640x480px
Over the top?
>>
File: treeees.jpg (191KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
treeees.jpg
191KB, 640x480px
>>123648813
>>
File: colors.jpg (205KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
colors.jpg
205KB, 640x480px
>>123650093
>>
File: dialoguesample1.png (4KB, 798x102px) Image search: [Google]
dialoguesample1.png
4KB, 798x102px
Don't mind me, just dropping a sample of my stellar read: terrible writing.

Use your imagination.
>>
>>123648813
>>123650093
>>123652406
Dude those look great, fit with the style much more than the old ones.
>>
File: tree 3.jpg (185KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tree 3.jpg
185KB, 640x480px
>>123656343
=D I am very happy with them. Adding some more!
>>
File: tree4.jpg (190KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tree4.jpg
190KB, 640x480px
>>123656890
>>
File: flashlight.png (6KB, 486x380px) Image search: [Google]
flashlight.png
6KB, 486x380px
I want to add a flashlight item to this RPG Maker XP game I'm helping out with but I don't know a single thing about writing scripts. The guy who was doing the programming left our project a while ago.

So this is about what I want, a flashlight item that appears in your inventory that can be turned on/off there. I already have the flashlight graphics in \Graphics\Pictures. How am I meant to connect the script to the images located in that folder? I've tried asking around and no one really seems to know.
>>
>>123662746
just download one of the internet =p they aint hard to find for XP
>>
>>123662881
I think the scripts I'm finding are just for displaying a picture and then closing it, where I want the player to be able to walk around with the flashlight in a dark room and for the flashlight graphic to change to the direction the player is facing.

Unless I'm just looking in the wrong places or something.
>>
>>123663281
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=32887480091240890860 here ya go. 2nd area in the demo search the boat it has what you need.
>>
File: $Dead Jennifer.png (2KB, 179x111px) Image search: [Google]
$Dead Jennifer.png
2KB, 179x111px
>>123515830
>>123524084
so about that dead sprite
>>
>>123665647
Huh, would you look at that. Thanks a bunch man.
>>
>>123665996
np =)
>>
File: clichea.jpg (593KB, 2500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
clichea.jpg
593KB, 2500x1500px
bump
>>
>>123457472
>We used to have a dev for LE
I'm still here owo
>>
File: 61-Image-1.jpg (27KB, 457x291px) Image search: [Google]
61-Image-1.jpg
27KB, 457x291px
Finally got my randomly appearing monster to work.
Fuck yes.

Though i'm not advanced enough to make him always come from doors.
So I cheaped the fuck out and just made it play a teleporting animation to give an explanation to how he gets around or just randomly appears.
>>
File: stimulating_discussions.png (17KB, 324x332px) Image search: [Google]
stimulating_discussions.png
17KB, 324x332px
Anyone want to give the incomplete Chapter XII a spin so I can collect some feedback and see where I need to apply the most attention?

It's only about 15-30 minutes right now.
>>
>>123673205
I guess I'll take that as a 'no'.
>>
>>123673205
>>123679721
How about you post a link?

And we'll fucking do it.
>>
More Yanfly videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVLJEZo2VHo
>>
>>123673205
There aren't that many people here to answer within 10 minutes. Hold your horses. Gotta be patient.

Post link and I'll check it out.
>>
>>123681425
Well, ok, 1 hour 10 minutes. But that just goes to show how slow this thread moves.
>>
>>123681425
Figured an hour would be enough to get a response. Alright, I'll start packing this thing up and double-checking some of the introductory stuff. There'll be some outstanding bugs, 'eh' dialogue, and some weird transitions (the introduction is on like its 8th rewrite right now and is kind of cobbled together from prior scripts so there's some awkward emotional transitions and such)

Should be posting the link in about 30 minutes or so. Want to make sure I didn't break anything important in CH12's introduction stuffs and do another run through the intro dungeon to make sure you can see grates and whatnot like you're supposed to.
>>
Who else bought VX Ace ?
>>
>>123687814
I've got about $390 invested in VXA and VXA-related products.
>>
File: party like it's 1999.png (37KB, 296x140px) Image search: [Google]
party like it's 1999.png
37KB, 296x140px
>>123687814
Bought it about 3 years ago at full price. One week later it was 75% off. Still salty.
>>
>>123687814
I bought the disc version for $60. I hate not having disc versions of things. t's definitely given me more than $60 worth of entertainment/stuff to do, even if I've never completed a game after a year.
>>
File: 1447624318488.jpg (312KB, 497x700px)
1447624318488.jpg
312KB, 497x700px
In RPG maker 2003 how do I create longer animations for charsets than the 3 frames it allows by default? Are battle animations the only alternate option? Is there a way to make the charsets allow for more than 3 frames of animation?

I am currently learning RPGmaker 2003 and I am having some trouble finding any kind of tutorial on scripting, or whatever you would call it, online as well. I can only seem to find information about VX in forums, but I thought 2003 had a larger following and figured maybe I just wasn't able to find the right places.
>>
>>123681419
I need this so much for my VX Ace game.
>>
>>123686142
I'll try it out tomorrow if you happen to post it later than bed time. It's getting late and I've wasted an entire day doing minimal stuff with my game while I should have studied for my exams.
>>
Bah. Sorry for the delay - I was trying to find some way to add points of interest to the map seamlessly - but it looks like the best I can do is put the text right onto the map itself. Cleaned up some stuff in the game so it's playable at least. Feedback's welcome.

Things I'm most concerned about at the moment:
- Balance of combat
- How annoying/easy the dungeons are
- How in/out-of-character Mitch and Cherno are
- Loudness/quietness of music/BGS
- Brightness/darkness of the maps and dungeons
- Times where you're not sure what you're meant to go/do
- Things you feel aren't explained very well (please spoiler tag all such feedback)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NeAD8R97TTLVgyMnNVdkVZa0E/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>123696048
Oh and feel free to use my Savepoints if you want to skip to particular sections. #13 is chapter 12's start, #14 is after that introduction sequence, #15 is directly following the first dungeon's completion (after the dialogue which follows coming out of it the first time)
>>
>>123687814
I bought it when it was at a discount. I used it for around 6-7 hours and ended up buying and using 2k3 instead recently.
>>
>>123691798
Not that I am aware of. I have seen sprites being scaled beyond its maximum limit though so the possibility exists by using plugins.

There is a lot of information regarding 2k3 scattered around. But compared to VX you will not find as much, especially anything related to using plugins.
>>
>>123697358
Ah, thanks. I also wanted to ask if there is a way to get 2003 to support custom scripting stuff without violating the eula.
>>
Hello /rpgmg/! I'm a couple of days into my first project and while it's going well, I'd like to not be using the basic RTP and character generator sprites. I'm an artist and I do make nice pixels but shit man, I'm not made of time. So I could use some advice:
Should I try doing my own tileset? I know those things are tedious and difficult, so I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. And if not, where should I get it from?
As for characters, I'm fine with spriting those, but I'm having issues deciding whether to go with larger more detailed sprites or smaller and cuter (but less detailed) sprites. What size are you guys using?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 228x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 228x224px
>>123697696
>caring about the EULA for a decade old piece of software
>>
>>123698434
Get a lawsuit and you won't be making that face.
>>
>>123698434
>>123699013
Yeah I mean I know it is probably not a big deal, but if I wanted to make something official then I certainly don't want to have to worry about something big like this.
>>
>>123700623
Why use 2003, out of curiosity? What does it offer better than VXAce or MV?
>>
>>123681419
It's a sad day when you learn there isn't something like this for Ace.

>>123702543
Default ATB Sideview. That's it.
>>
>>123700623
If you are using the unofficial 2k3 (1.08) then you don't need to worry about the EULA.

If you are using the Steam version then you don't need to worry about using plugins as most of them are incompatible with it anyway due to the updates.

The developer of DynRPG (arguably the best plugin for 2k3) is also the developer for the Steam release of 2k3 and has stated that he is trying (emphasis on trying) to make it possible for plugins to be acceptable with the EULA.
Thread posts: 706
Thread images: 179

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.