[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/JRPGG/ JRPG General: Heros never die and neither do we Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

File: 1335382403997.jpg (169KB, 1034x900px) Image search: [Google]
1335382403997.jpg
169KB, 1034x900px
Hopefully SOMEONE will provide some new images because RL is keeping me from making this the best that it can be. If you can help, great, if not I understand.

Welcome to JRPG General.

Personal suggestion list, use this to see what JRPGs interest you, or add/edit a write up to help other people.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AiGmz8hhX0GHdFA5QmlPbVM0TWx1SHYydHB4YWxTY3c

Current FAQ. Generally the simplest questions have answers in here, so check it out.
http://pastebin.com/TpptMfNaP

These may be a bit outdated but here we go.

What are you currently playing?
What are you interested in coming out (no matter the region)?
Are you interested in the grind or just blowing through the game?
Kirby JRPG: Yes or no?

Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter is finally out in English. Go ahead and play it. Give Ys vs Trails in the Sky a try as well (not in English though).

Youkai Watch has come out worldwide, there is a demo on the Nintendo 3DS shop if you are unsure if you'd want to purchase it. You can also play as the girl character (Kate/Fumi), although there's no advertising that lets you know this before getting the game if that's your thing.

There are no NA Thanksgiving JRPGs that I know of, sorry.

Recommendations for Christmas JRPGs for the future are welcome, as are JRPGs that let you dress up in Christmas outfits. This would include (presumably:
Tales games
Resonance of Fate
Kingdom Hearts II (Final Mix/2.5 versions only)
The World Ends With You (non cosmetic apparently but it still counts(thanks JRPGG!))
>>
File: Stat Maxer says.jpg (3KB, 125x87px) Image search: [Google]
Stat Maxer says.jpg
3KB, 125x87px
KH II Stat Maxer 11/15/15(Sun)13:25:14 No.122386189▶
As always to start things off:

Playing: Not much of anything but I was considering Dissidia because all I ever do is crossovers it seems, and it's...tangentially related to here? Need some other suggestions beyond Ys 1 and Dragon Quest IX. Also help me work up the nerve to start 358/2 Days so I continue this stat maxing path.
Also managed to answer my questions about Youkai Watch, will bump that up on my huge backlog list.

Interested in: Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Youkai Watch, Xenoblade, Trails of Cold Steel, maybe whatever that Atelier Plus that's coming out is, Summon Night 5.
Grind or blow through: Take a guess.
Kirby JRPG: Yes, this would have the potential to be super creative. You could have him copy the abilities of enemies and/or put them in his party. I'm not even including people like Meta Knight or King Dedede, just the regular monsters. It'd even give ones that don't give you abilities a chance to shine then. You could bring back the animal partners too.
>>
Next time if someone doesn't submit an image to use for the OP we're gonna have to run with one of the ooooold ones like this, and do you really want that?
>>
I love Wild Arms but damn I am taking my sweet time with it.

Dat map theme
>>
You guys think buying a PS2 right now is a good investment? i speak as someone who missed out on most of the ps2 rpgs.
>>
>>122936531
I would say yes....but literally today Sony confirmed PS2 emulation for the PS4, which we don't know if it is going to be digital only or if it will use discs too. I have my doubts on the latter, but if it does, you wouldn't need to buy a PS2 then unless you don't want a PS4. And of course it would depend on if every game would work or not.

So I'd still say yes, but if you can wait, maybe wait and see if they say anything else on the matter.
>>
>>122937367
Thanks, i do have a ps4, maybe i should wait a little while for more news, because if its digital only i will go for ps2.
>>
>>122938384
Eh, it doesn't have to be a strong story, just an adorable one that then gets unnerving at the end. I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to write in some quirky or charming sidequests and characters too.

>>122938673
I feel like I may need a new PS2 in the future as I only have the earlier model but still have plenty of PS2 games I'm going to play, and so I'm waiting on this news because I don't have a PS4 yet. But yeah, wait a bit and see if they clarify things, especially since you might have the option to not put more money out for a system.

Also an issue with it being digital only would be of course that they just want you to rebuy everything. Do you have any PS2 games?
>>
File: 46723154_p0.jpg (212KB, 791x1028px) Image search: [Google]
46723154_p0.jpg
212KB, 791x1028px
>>
Hey guys there are like 10 Ys games on Steam, which one should I play? Thanks.
>>
File: 1330511949237.jpg (40KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
1330511949237.jpg
40KB, 500x671px
>>122941787
bump
>>
>>122941787
All of them.
Kidding aside the remake of 1 and 2 are the best versions of very old games that have something like 18 versions. They're also more or less two halves of the same game. Felghana is a complete remake of 3 and it should be a good introduction, and doesn't spoil much. Origin is a good game but it's better played after at least 1 and 2. The remake of 6 (Napishtim) could also be a good starting point, but it's not exactly the best game in the series. I think the Steam version is the best tho.
>>
>>122937367
We're also talking about Sony, which made the PSTV to be an alternative to Vita and doesn't even play all Vita games. I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
File: 1387148058762.jpg (595KB, 2158x1961px) Image search: [Google]
1387148058762.jpg
595KB, 2158x1961px
>>122941787
>>
>>122948115
This is a bit outdated tho, the I&II version of Steam is a modified version that has all of the PSP stuff, for example. I think the Steam version of VI also has some new stuff.
>>
File: loser.jpg (87KB, 1912x1076px) Image search: [Google]
loser.jpg
87KB, 1912x1076px
>>122948115
>Tfw you are suck at Ys
I guess turn based spoiled me too much.
>>
>>122941787
Chronicles or Felghana

https://www.gog.com/games/role-playing##search=ys&sort=bestselling&page=1

Knock yourself out.
>>
File: feccccaster402.jpg (173KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
feccccaster402.jpg
173KB, 850x850px
>>
>>122935265
I'm probably the only one who prefers the 2nd game to the first.
>>
To those that play Grand Kingdom on Vita or PS4. Someone started a menu translation project here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MGwfDjCRXEtmFOINWg_tO6wQgipX4eCz1oNhhDeArwQ
>>
File: Dragon-Quest-Heroes.jpg (185KB, 570x731px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Quest-Heroes.jpg
185KB, 570x731px
Thank god this happened, now I don't have to buy a PS4 until Yakuza Zero drops.
>>
>>122960805
>Musou games
>>
>>122960883
I'm only in it for the fan-pandering.
>>
>>122960883
>Zill O'll Zero games

I'm glad because I'll be able to play it until I have a PS4 even if it's a bad port.
>>
What's your favorite PS2 JRPG?

Mine is Ar tonelico 2
>>
File: 20151121_105309.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151121_105309.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
What's up guys. I picked up some titles today. One of them I never knew existed.
>>
>>122968340
>people here never played kartia

I'm done with this place. Disgusting.

Then again, i was 10 or something years old when i played it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.