[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/arkg/ - ARK: Survival Evolved General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 766
Thread images: 100

File: ark1-2zq7u7l9actwtyu68qdq80.jpg (71KB, 547x410px) Image search: [Google]
ark1-2zq7u7l9actwtyu68qdq80.jpg
71KB, 547x410px
Dead game, shit community: Edition

>Official FAQ:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/613957600545122958/

>Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgeneral

>Official Wiki:
http://ark.gamepedia.com/

>Patch Notes:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > Add a server

No Fun Allowed PvE : 72.20.53.53:18816 (Password: arkg)
>Rates
x3 Experience
x3 Taming
x3 Gathering

No Fun Allowed PvP: 74.80.133.254
>Rates
x6 Experience
x4.5 Taming
x3 Gathering
>>
Newfag here, I'm playing official for the first time, what is the fastest method to power level playing solo? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>122749317
Get a bow with 200 arrows and go to mountains in search for an alpha
Abuse the shitout of the crap AI and kill it
Enjoy easiest levelup of your life
2nd for /burd/
>>
Ok so my friend is running a sevrer but has come across a problem

Anyone in the server can spawn in items and dinos. Someone spawned in a lv 1000 Do Do. and they certainly wernt admins

what do
>>
>>122752413
Data downloads off.
>>
why is trex and gig bigger than spino when irl its bigger?
why is gig the only dino stronger wild than tamed?
why is lag so common and notable?
>>
Why does NFA PVP randomly keep disconnecting me with a timeout error during the early morning hours? Shit happened to me yesterday too, I got kicked just now while flying around on my freshly tamed level 120 Ptera. As we speak I still cannot see the server to reconnect. I will be mighty pissed if that thing dies.
>>
ded thread ded gayme

sitting comfy in nfa pvp is boring.
can we do the server 8 pirate thing again? only do it properly this time..

either build a well protected pirate hideout and then start pirating

or

make a fleet of cheap shit boats and sprread them out, and hide secret cashes underwater with treasure and mats for quick new boat building
>>
>>122761142
Just go be a pirate on nfa PvP.
Honestly it needs to be stirred up a little.
>>
>>122763207
Attacking any well established tribe will get you nowhere
>>
>it's a medium crop box blueprint
>>
>>122749317
go to NFA PVP, there is literally no reason to play on officials.
>>122757805
If you were disconnected while in air, you are still mounted on your ptera, you will only dismount as you connect to the server.
So your ptera should be still floating in the air.
>>122763207
>>122763872
There needs to be people new to the game on the server.
Cultivating people should be priority, its really fucking odd that we had so many new tribes that weren't raided and they just stopped playing.
>>
>>122771501
>no reason to play official servers
officials have a higher chance of not being dead
officials stay updated promptly, for better or worse
officials have 0 chance of admin abuse, confirmed on nfa
officials dont ban people simply because they did something that made everyone hate them, although weak people can get bullied out

they probably quit like i did after 2 days of fucking dead, although i didnt like the resource modifier and exp was too high
>>
Nfa PvP is nice everyone knows each other. Even 8 people I'd pretty busy with a lot of shit going on
>>
>>122772086
>officials have a higher chance of not being dead
Filled with chinks and southern good ol boys with disposable income for cheats.
>officials stay updated promptly, for better or worse
Update at 8pm guyz :^)
>officials have 0 chance of admin abuse, confirmed on nfa
I hope your not referencing NFA PvP because there has never been admin abuse.
>officials dont ban people simply because they did something that made everyone hate them, although weak people can get bullied out
No Officials are a cluster fuck of griefers and faggots that will buy hacks the minute shit goes south for them.
Why in the everloving name of Christ would you put any time on a server where hackers can fuck you over.
Power Rangers were on 355 since the beginning, they had a regular group of people with huge weapon stockpiles and dinos.
Yet even they were taken off 355, its ridiculous anyone would want to smash a rock for hours, just so some faggot and his butt buddy would take everyone out.
>although i didnt like the resource modifier and exp was too high
The exp could be lowered it was only as high as it was to get people on 355 back to speed, but the resource modifier is phenomenal.
>>
>>122773980
1. has no relevance to my point, and good servers like mine are chinese free because were not shit at the game when it comes to efficiency
we do have 1 tribe of spanish i havent seen in days
2. you just have brain problems
3. l o l
alternatively see 2
4. youre going to have to define griefing, because clearly we dont share views on that
some faggots i dont even know do not affect me at all nor does their story ring true on all servers
hackers can be banned by simply messaging devs with proof, and its not as if nfa is hackproof so you can fuck off thinking any of that matters
5. silly reason for exp, opinion for resource is whatever

tldr: youre bad and those arent objective arguments against my points

thank you come again
>>
File: 1410796614572.png (2MB, 636x3147px) Image search: [Google]
1410796614572.png
2MB, 636x3147px
>>122775118
>has no relevance to my point, and good servers like mine are chinese free because were not shit at the game when it comes to efficiency
we do have 1 tribe of spanish i havent seen in days
Oh I see your new to the game and have no idea what its like to deal with the Chinese.
Also no dude you are not as good as you think you are because no matter what your are subject to chinese abuse.
>you just have brain problems
No u
> l o l
Is this supposed to be a rebuttal?
>hackers can be banned by simply messaging devs with proof, and its not as if nfa is hackproof so you can fuck off thinking any of that matters
Holy fuck you just told everyone who has been in this thread for more then 2 months what a inbred simian you are.
PaDiddy had a wealth of evidence against him yet he was never banned, even with VAC he was still not banned.
Then he got hacked by the Chinese and HE gave proof and videos related to hacking, and they were never banned.
People complain constantly about nothing being done by submitting proof, when we originally made a thread about hacking we had some guy explain for TWO MONTHS he has been submitting proof of Russian hackers who still play.
The thread was locked and ignored.
>silly reason for exp, opinion for resource is whatever
Do you even know what your talking about at this point?

Good luck having anyone here want to play with you when your such a blathering moron your denying shit that we all had to deal with 2 months ago.
>>
>>122775118
Why does xp need to be low?
>>
>>122776084
there are no chinese on my server
that is a fact
you do have brain problems
it has been stated many times there has been admin abuse on nfa pvp
5 hackers have been banned from my server because of devs being contacted
boosting exp because some retards got bullied off their server for any reason at all is stupid

yea i am new to the general and i dont give any fucks about how long youve been here if youre a fucking moron who doesnt even know about the admin shit on nfa
dont forget to neck yourself

>>122776179
i just said it was too high, not that it needs to be low, just lower
>>
>>122776485
>it has been stated many times there has been admin abuse on nfa pvp
Then your a fucking idiot, there have been claims without proof, no one has ever proven admin abuse, no screen caps, no videos, nothing.
>there are no chinese on my server
>that is a fact
For now.
>5 hackers have been banned from my server because of devs being contacted
Sure buddy, I totally believe your anedoctal evidence, according to some people (who have never encountered hackers), there aren't any hackers at all, so guess we are just making this shit up.
>boosting exp because some retards got bullied off their server for any reason at all is stupid
Then your a fucking retard, because again if you were actually around during the time you would understand why that was done.

>yea i am new to the general and i dont give any fucks about how long youve been here if youre a fucking moron who doesnt even know about the admin shit on nfa
dont forget to neck yourself
No your the faggot who sees Sadbob copypasta and thinks its the truth.

Your retarded and full of shit, again I doubt anyone would want to play with you faggot.
>>
kayd is a faggot
>>
>>122776084
I've been on nfa PvP since it's third day. The closest thing there's been to advise was someone finding kamis old ascended bow and torch. Fucking woo. And sentinel toying around with gigas which only fucked up his own tribe.

No one wants original rates. The devs are retarded if they think I'm gonna tame a Rex for 4 and a half hours just so some fag could swoop down on a ptera and kill it or ruin is taming effectiveness.

Nfa PvP is honestly perfect with its rates, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>122777315
Yfw it's sadbob you're arguing with.
>>
>>122778190
Wrong nigga, nigger.
>>122778357
I would believe it.
>I want someone to play with
>I will convince these people to play with me by pretending their grievances were just exaggerations
>Works for me
>>
>>122777315
>he has admitted to spawning things
ok retard
>for now
free for like 4 months even if 1 showed up we could easily bully them harder than those ranger kids
>no proof
correct i personally do not
>actually good etc etc
lol no boosting exp for some retards is stupid
>sadbob
not the source retard
>>
>>122778617
>he has admitted to spawning things
>ok retard
Wew, do you mean the funhouse he made for people to raid?
Abwwwwuuuuussseeee!!111
You mean the dragon he rode around and despawned!!111
Abwwwwuuuuussseeeeee!111
You mean the dinos he helped people tame because the update fucked them up?
Abwussssssssseeee!!11111
>free for like 4 months even if 1 showed up we could easily bully them harder than those ranger kids
Again you have no idea what your talking about none at all. 355 has a 70 player limit, at the height of the Chinese invasion they had 35 players on locking out anyone who logged in.
They had several aimbots which can snipe anyone off a dino the minute they entered rendering view, they can snipe you even when your rolled up in a deod.
They managed a all metal base that rivalled any big tribes base in 2 days.
You have no idea what you are talking about, the best part is you are talking to vets who have seen what the chinese are capable off.
Everyone who thought the chinese were no big deal on 355 has been forced off.
>not the source retard
>correct i personally do not
So you have no proof, all you have heard is an admin has loaded something into the game.
Yeah your a faggot, you have no idea what your talking about and making claims with no evidence other then anedoctal evidence.
What server are you on faggot, I want to have fun with your bootyhole.
>>
>>122779285
>spawning in blueprints
>losing to chinese
>sadbob isnt
>continuing on a point i conceded
brain problems lol
you lose all other points just give up nerd
>>
File: 1386896190372.jpg (138KB, 678x451px) Image search: [Google]
1386896190372.jpg
138KB, 678x451px
>>122779658
You sound pretty upset.
Anal annihilated
Sphincter Splintered
Booty busted
Rump Ravaged
Derriere Devastated
Kiester Killed
>>
>>122780512
lol stay mad over chinese who cant run my server
stay mad youre brainwashed by an admin who spawned in prints
stay mad you are losing an argument over the internet
>>
>>122780783
Who is losing the argument?
The winner of an argument isn't decided by the people arguing its by the observers.
People have already pointed out your full of shit.
>stay mad youre brainwashed by an admin who spawned in prints
You mean the prints that he put in the admin funhouse for people to loot?
You admitted you have no idea what your talking about, your just throwing shit hoping it sticks.
>lol stay mad over chinese who cant run my server
Which server is that?
Also from what I've seen its only a matter of time, everything people predicted regarding the Chinese has come true.
I knew they would be a problem when I started Somalia, and I was right, the ones who didn't believe where wiped, tribes that had all metal bases with endless amount of turrets and high level dinos.
All wiped, and you admitted your a new player so you haven't experienced much.
Your naivete will wear off soon when the chinks wipe you.
>>
>>122780783
Chinese don't bother with unofficialls, but I'm sure you're better than the 4 different tribes who fought off the Chinese in 355 the first time. Come play nfa PvP if it's too easy and site is your skills bruh.
>>
>obligatory aqualad drama is shitting up the thread omg can we talk about the game gusy

I might be game for a new pirates gig. Official rates suck but at least we could have someone to fight. I would suggest we try primitive if we do though.

Or we could pick a high rate server, stir some shit, and eat our bans before hurting some other butts.
>>
>>122782073
I really dont feel like having another time sink of a server and going to unofficals is a dice roll if the admin is a butthurt fuck that would ban a chungor
>>
>>122781308
no nigger i never said i was a new player
i said im new to the general, nice reading comprehension
he used and gave the prints to his friends before they got raided from someone else fucktard
we had chinese twice 0 problems 0 remain
if they return we will eternally camp them for that is the fate of their people
arguments are not decided by the observers

>>122781649
i know they dont bother with unofficials because they would just get kicked or banned, i never said they play them
i am better than some rejects who got bullied off a server by some asians because they cant defend shit with months worth of a head start
im not going to play a shit server i already said im not playing on

>>122782073
at least this thread isnt dead yet, the last like 4 died before 100 posts easy, you fucks can thank me, i enjoy their autism sperging
>>
>>122782235
Well, I'm talking ridiculous high rates. Strong chance that means no one cares if we blow their shit up, but maybe they'll get worked up.

Something fast enough we could be a wandering plague, causing waves of destruction before the inevitable cure rolls around and we repeat the process on a new server. Then you can just keep everything you care about on NFA, where you don't need to play ten hours a day to get things done.

I'm not much a fan of officials. I'm sort of curious how much damage we could do if we avoid the major time sinks.
>>
>>122782518
>All this low quallity bait and people actually falling for this

> who got bullied off a server by some asians because they cant defend shit with months worth of a head start
The funfact is that Pashitty attacked them with a trex and fullload of esp/aimbot longnecks against 1 day old chink spearwielding tribe and lost his shit to them

I am GLAD we quit 355 , never have felt better
>>
File: 1435200055700.png (179KB, 639x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1435200055700.png
179KB, 639x1615px
>>122782518
>no nigger i never said i was a new player
>i said im new to the general, nice reading comprehension
No your definitely a new player, only someone this new could think they are so good.
>he used and gave the prints to his friends before they got raided from someone else fucktard
For someone who has admitted to not having a lick of proof you seem pretty self-assured of your unprovable events.
>we had chinese twice 0 problems 0 remain
Sure ya did bub
>arguments are not decided by the observers
So they are decided by those arguing? What brilliant logic I'm sure the people in heated debate are reliable to judge the merits of their own arguments.

This is your brain on new.
>>
>>122783089
good for you im glad you found a place to make you happy
doesnt make you any less bad though

>>122783292
i have 1k hours on 2 accounts, although some of it is 2 at once and afk
he literally admitted it in a thread when someone posted images of it retard
cant prove they existed i guess but they dont exist now
observers dont get to decide who was correct you are literally brain dead

neck yourself retard
>>
>>122783686
Your not even clever with talking shit.
You repeated yourself again, like use something new nigger fuck.
>Braindead
>Neck yourself
Your off to a great start with everyone thinking your a faggot.
What serber?
>>
>>122784010
youre not even arguing the points anymore so clearly youve given up since you realized youre wrong
>your not
youre not
not trying to be clever fuckface
>your off
youre off
>your a
youre a
>serber
ill take it

im going to ignore you now since youve clearly given up, kind of like when you face chinese, i guess youre just not a match
>>
>>122784321
Your not familiar with the term serber?
You are new
Again what serber are you on nig.
What tribe?
>>
>>122784321
wut serber, if you guys are so good why don't you let us come play with you?
>>
>>122784321
ayy what serber you play on? :^)
>>
>>122784321
serber?
>>
>>122784321
>>122784387
>>122784750
>>122784837
>says his serber can easily wipe out chinese and other shitters
>too scared to give out his serber to some random guys
TOP LEL
>>
>>122785764
Muh aqualads just talk shit behind muh back
>>
>>122786875
wut?
>>
>>122761142
We did it fine the first time we just had to leave for the war on 355 im down to do it though
>>
Would you guys rather do primitive or just normal for pirates?
>>
>>122792225
prim
>>
>>122792225
Primitive will be easier to reach max tech, and we won't have to deal with bullshit technology. The weapons we'll have easy access to will be really all we have to worry about facing.

On the other hand, does primitive still have explosives, or will we require ballista in order to break into stone houses? Additional problems depend on whether we have rifles or not, since countering dinos will be a huge problem.

We need a (you) count for how many people are interested. If only a few people are interested in actually playing it, it may be difficult. Then again the aqualads started with just a few of us and picked up steam once we had the first lighthouse set up.
>>
>>122793002
You cant make explosives on prim but i dont know about rifle's prim would make raiding pretty hard
>>
File: 1361936725932.png (601KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1361936725932.png
601KB, 640x480px
Meanwhile in NFA PvE
>>
File: 2015-11-19_00002.jpg (442KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-19_00002.jpg
442KB, 1680x1050px
>>122793523

>tfw bros helped me tame my spino yesterday

Thanks guys.

I always forget to turn my gamma back down for daytime
>>
>>122793523
I just get no entertainment from PvE.
Its boring knowing you will never be threatened.
>>
You guys fine with official53 for pirates?
>>
>>122794568

I find fun in collecting dinosaurs and building a huge pretty base in a cool location and helping out my fellow survivors. Losing hours upon hours of progress to some doucheknob while I'm offline isn't entertaining to me. But, to each their own, thats why there are PvP and PvE servers.
>>
When I play single player can I do all the admin comands?

I play on a private server and there is a rule saying that passive dinos in a pen must not be killed. Someone killed mine anyway and the admin spawned them back in.

Now I'd like to just spawn a lot of shit in single player to test it if that's possible?
>>
>>122792225
You can't have good pirates without black powder pistols and cannons. In fact, why don't we have canons? What a travesty. Guess you'll have to use catapult turrets as a substitute.
>>
ded.thred.
>>
>>122804963
ur mum iz ded
>>
>watching your body clip through the world after you die
welp, guess I'm not getting my shit back
>>
>get done lvling 120 pter
>Turret randomly loads in
>ded in seconds
>land inbetween rocks

best day ever
>>
>>122808098
>>122809937
>tame bronto
>tard flies in with level 180 pt and kills it
>>
>>122809937
Ha, you think that's bad? I tamed a 120 Ptera today too, I took it flying around collecting blueprints and was heading home with my haul and saw another beacon, and thought to myself "just one more". Landed on it, go to open it up, suddenly SNAKES EVERYWHERE, Ptera is is flying around like a fucking psychopath so I can't get on him, somehow manage to pike them to death, immediately pass out from snake venom, think it's OK because I already killed the snakes, then come the bugs to feast on my unconscious body. I never did manage to find that Ptera or that corpse bag. Lost every blueprint I collected and the Ptera.
>>
File: good.jpg (102KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
102KB, 480x640px
>>122815775
>taming level 120 pt
>see red beacon spawn not too far off
>PT is in a area that has carnivores occasionally
>>
>>122794568
This isn't a game I play to be competitive or for action. I play it during the shitty hours for my internet to chill and for dinosaurs. I've got other games that have not mediocre pvp.
>>
>>122820831
Huge tribe versus huge tribe has a higher skill cap than almost any game ive played that wasnt RTS. The flow of dino and resources for 20 man + tribes during warfare is insane and the logistics alone make it outstanding.
>>
File: bird faggots geting btfo.webm (754KB, 270x360px) Image search: [Google]
bird faggots geting btfo.webm
754KB, 270x360px
>>
Where else other than mountaintops can I find a decent stream of metal? On my server, the most powerful tribe has built metal farming pens and turrets on all the major mountaintop farming spots.
>>
>>122826728
caves or get an ankylo and smash river rocks
>>
>>122821810
Yea, no.
>>
Need a name for a female Carno, preferably a flower.
>>
>>122815775
>not spamming the "stay put" whistle
huehuehue
>>
NFA PvP rates change?
>>
>>122838316
Ambrosia
Begonia
Tulip
>>
>>122841930
to what?
>>
>>122843303
>>
>find red drop
>it's full of garbage
>>
File: 800px-Compy_Dossier.png (800KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Compy_Dossier.png
800KB, 800x518px
- New Creature: Compsognathus! Time to form your own Compy gang :)
>>
File: compy.jpg (119KB, 492x521px) Image search: [Google]
compy.jpg
119KB, 492x521px
>>122844431
>>
>>122844431
>not "new meme dino"
Anyway, sweet! Compsognathus was one of my favourite dinos when I was a kid.
I also like the different behaviour. What was the other dog-sized dino they added to dossiers a couple of months ago?
>>
>>122845440
How is it not a meme dinosaur?
>>
>>122845713
>How is it not a meme dinosaur?
It is
Every new dino is a meme dino
I was commenting that anon broke the tradition of posting new dossiers in the thread with the obligatory "new meme dino" text
>>
>>122845440
I hope they are stupidly easy to tame (easier than dilo even), so my buddies can I can tame 50 of them and have compy gang wars
>>
How do you put foundations on a raft so they are flush with the surface of the raft as opposed to being much higher? Somebody said it had something to do with pillars and foundations, but that doesn't seem to work.
>>
File: raft2.jpg (482KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
raft2.jpg
482KB, 1920x1080px
>>122848267
It had something to do with buidling founds one on top of the others and then destroying them so the snap points get slightly altered in length and also lower
Fuck, it's been so long, living in the snow biome means that I learned to dread and hate water and everything that has to do with it
>>
Oviraptor and Compy? Man these devs do work. My pals still fear the early access banner of death and call it a Minecraft+DayZ hybrid. Even if it is similar, I wish I could get them to see the light.
>>
>>122849976
Sabertooths are the niggers of the dino world
>>
>>122850298
All cats must die
>>
>>122850206
I like it, even if it's only to live out a 1st person zoo tycoon on a pve server.
>>
>>122850206
>Man these devs do work.
Meanwhile, a lv 1 Giga still has like 15x melee damage on a rex and like 200x HP
>>
File: 1409540165917.jpg (81KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
1409540165917.jpg
81KB, 590x393px
>tfw fondest memory is riding a raft with two friends
>build a chair and sit on it
>call it a throne
>cant dismount while raft is moving or else I fly off
>friend steers raft into swamp
>sarco clambers onto the raft
>we're all around level 15, very incapable of decent combat
>fuck fuck fuck if I get up I'll fall into the water
>panic and can't remember if I dismounted as the raft came to a stop or if the sarco snatched me off the raft
>get deathrolled underwater
>friends sail away still panicked
>"where is op" they ask
>only thing I can see is water blood and piranhas
>die while screaming irl

That was terrifying yet extremely fun to be a part of
>>
>>122850697
gig/rex bigger than spino
spino vs rex isnt even a guaranteed win for spino unless maxed vs maxed
gig is broken in design
only creature stronger wild
only creature with a wild only trait
only creature besides alphas to destroy stone

why do devs have such a hardon for shit gigs? irl they were literally bitches
>>
>>122850837
>tfw jaded as fuck now
>>
>>122850979
They were supposed to make them quite OP from the start, and up to x5 from rexes (which is more or less what a rex has on a raptor) would've made a nice challenge
But everything, EVERYTHING about giganoto, quetzal and mosa is broken as hell as they made it purely as a difficult task for the bored cunts who had spent the latest few weeks grinding and complained that there was nothing to do, both on pvp and pve
Take a look at how many DAYS hatching and mature a Quetzal or Giganoto takes, same for taming a Quetz/Giganoto/Mosa . A level 50 Mosasaurus takes 75 (seventy-five) quetzal eggs. Good luck finding and taming so many female quetz not to mention actually getting to that many eggs.

It's like the devs simply stopped caring and added another tier so completely above the previous ones it could as much be a different game.
>>
>actually wanting to pirate on an official server
Enjoy throwing all your time away on aimbotters.

Remember the Mexicans from server 8? They all bought aim bots and literally went nuclear on everyone. Don't waste your time. Don't waste my time trying to bring me into that.
>>
>>122852007
I know nothing about offi, but didn't the VAC and banhammers take care of most of those?
>>
>>122852229
>vac
>ever working
It was just a placebo for the community to shut up about the hackers
>>
>>122852007
>not becoming an aimbot yourself
It's like you aren't even trying
>>
This thread must live
>>
This is the dog-sized meme dino I was thinking of desu senpai
>>
>>122846837
Compy isn't a new dossier though. It's old as dirt. As far as dossier > release gap dinosaurs go it's pretty up there right next to mosasaur.
>>
>>122851856
>Good luck finding and taming so many female quetz not to mention actually getting to that many eggs.

You only really need like 2 or 3 considering you can cook fertilized eggs.
>>
>>122851856
The worst part is there's still nothing to do.
>>
>>122858232
l m a o ok buddy
>>
File: 2015-06-16_00001.jpg (128KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16_00001.jpg
128KB, 1176x664px
I'm an Ark Vet (from the days of TheStranded) coming back to the game, whats a decent established PvP Server without pants on head retarded modifiers?
>>
>>122858232
3 females + 1 male means you have tamed 4 quetzal which is more than ever spawned on some servers.
Even then each female has to lay 25 eggs just to tame a level 50 mosa. A lv120 is 151 eggs.
>you can cook fertilized eggs.
And? Fertilized eggs drop has a cooldown too. I'm not sure you really considered this through.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1L6NIbKefOI
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0LaoXS6PIj9
;)
Is this how you picture your sexy dinofus sounding??
>>
File: 2015-07-06_00001.jpg (68KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-06_00001.jpg
68KB, 1176x664px
Are Megalodons still the most viable water mount in terms of taming time, damage, health and speed?
>>
>>122861525
Plesio would be better at all those if it wasn't for the long taming time you have to spend in the depths
So yes, sharks are better
>>
>>122861525
>>122862048
>tfw had to let my Megalodon go because he couldn't get into the swamp

I put him on neutral and enabled wandering. Didn't get a death message yet but I doubt he is still alive...
>>
>>122866383
So you never go in the sea anymore? That doesn't make sense mate, is the pvp so ferocious they won't let you have a small b-base by the sea?
>>
wtb some people to play on a official prim server
not super skilled or experienced
>>
>>122867463
I'll think about it. I haven't really played Ark much since Oceania fell.
>>
I still barely understood the post-return to main server situation to be honest since I missed a couple of weeks
You were blogging a lot among yourselves but without providing references, so the last thing I got is that those who were online at some point launched an unprepared attack on the mountain where PaDiddy was but were defeated because alleged aimbotters
Then you conquered whatever Mikeez had going on but got the ex-green obelisk base rekt by PaDiddy who allied with the Chinese and you had to resettle on the river base
From then it's a blur of details I couldn't understand anymore and I stopped lurking for a bit
>>
File: !.gif (2MB, 488x291px) Image search: [Google]
!.gif
2MB, 488x291px
surprised burds
>>
Man I am having the same problem I always have in these games, my buildings are uninspired squares; anyone have cool/efficient base floor plans they can post?
>>
>>122877358
Have you tried rectangles? They really need a way to rotate foundations so you can do more than box houses
>>
>>122867463
I would screw around but I have little interest in grinding resources or dinos or anything really useful. I just want to hunt.
>>122870747
The aimbots are confirmed. Other than that your story only differs in trivial details, like padiddy not really doing anything to the obelisk base for weeks other than kill some dinos. At least for the first half of the conflict. The second half was going pretty well for us but official servers suck and we lost interest in it, because the aimbots sure weren't going away and it's hard to have a real fight with them around. Not to mention how shitty the community on 355 was. I hope they enjoy what happened, we tried to stop it.
>>
>>122877812
I can make rectangles, it's just I automatically fall into making 3x3 or 4x4 floor plans and making stupid box shaped towers whenever I get into a new game, I really have to break the fucking habit so I wanted to see some other peoples' floor plans to give me some inspiration. Also I need to figure out what to put on which floor, how many floors, how tall each one should be, whether I should do certain things in seperate buildings, etc.
>>
>>122878819
Eh, it all depends on what you have to build. A hatchery? An harbor? A cage? A small base? A huge one with everything? And where?
Anyway ARK is interesting because although it makes it hell with the snap points, you can experiment with shapes and having to make your floor plain before building, plus slopes and ramps. Just experiment.
>>
>>122867463
I'm not game on official rates. No one wants to spend a week grinding before they can do anything reasonable.
>>
Upcoming Version: v224, ETA: Nov 20 Noonish EST!
- Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results) -- finally, you can now create your own unique recipes for S### Burgers)!
- New Creature: Oviraptor! Gotta get those eggs :)
- New Creature: Compsognathus! Time to form your own Compy gang :)
- New Structures: Rocket Turret, Sea Mine, Wall Lamps!
- New 'Weapon': Magnifying Glass!
- Server Admin Logs (including RCON support) and Tribe Admin Logs (which can also act as effective "offline event" logs even for solo players!!!!)
- +3 Max Survivor Level, +3 Max Dino Level
- Raised Official Server Max Structure & Max Tamed Dino Limits by 20%
- Owned or Claimable Rafts can now be "Demolished", and destroyed Rafts now sink to the ocean floor
- bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos Server Game option to allow spike walls to damage wild/riderless Dinos
- Massively improved game loading & streaming times (reducing hitches) by using "seek free" packages. Also a Garbage Collector improvement to reduce game stalls/hitches
- Fixed underwater ice cave that was deleting Dinos
- Fixed Dino walking-backwards movement animations
- Improved and optimized IK on most Dinos
- Improved Dino navigation logic to better dynamically navigate around other Dinos
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
>>
>>122882582
I should probably just stop playing now then, last thing I need is for NFA PVP to suddenly kick me again to update itself and roll the server back half an hour or some shit so I log in on the back of my Rex in the middle of nowhere.
>>
rip
>>
Woah, I just discovered you can get the smithy snug against the wall if you smash the wall out and put it really close the edge, then build the wall again behind it. This really helps me out, it was bothering the shit out of me how I had to back so far away from the wall to place the fucking thing.
>>
File: 2015-06-14_00009.jpg (52KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-14_00009.jpg
52KB, 1176x664px
I will not be happy with this game until they bring back ocean danger.
This empty sparce ocean shit drives me crazy, there isnt even a challenge in getting ocean resources, new chars can just swim out without any fear for their lives or Items.

They should bring back the megalodons, not in the original hordes, but still enough to make new players think twice before going in the river.
>>
>>122898951
Megapiranhas are the deadliest thing imaginable to a new player, you get unlucky and 2 or 3 show up at the wrong moment, you're fucking dead in seconds. You learn to fear crossing stretches of water. I always sit in the water for like 5 seconds and back off onto shore to make sure no piranhas show up to eat me before I decide to make a water crossing.
>>
Update when?
>>
>>122898951
I hate that mass spam of sharks. I'm cool with a wider variety of dangerous animals, but when you have to kill a shark every 5 feet, they lose their intimidation factor.
>>
>>122866869
I'm on a new server with only one friend playing on the regular. We wanted to fortify our base first and there was no point in going back into the sea so far.
We started out on rafts that's why we got the shark but when we decided to settle we couldn't take him with us.
No big deal he was just lvl 26 but I still miss him
>>
>>122900414
Also m friend keeps getting our birds killed he has managed to lose 3 fucking birds so far wtf
>>
If I daisy chain a bunch of reservoirs together, will the active reservoir pull water from the other reservoirs, or will it only take a direct intake/rainwater?
>>
>>122903279
yes
>>
What animals that they haven't announced, would you like to see?
Elasmotherium master race here
>>
>>122859453
Nfa PvP. You'll get early levels and simple tames easily, but the higher tier stuff still takes effort and time, just not retarded amounts. About 2 hours to tame a high level Rex.
I have a pretty well established tribe on there and we haven't even gotten more than 1 Rex yet. (Mostly cause I don't want low level ones)
Giga still going to be a pain in the cock.
>>
>>122882582
>- Fixed underwater ice cave that was deleting Dinos
Is there some actual icy cave or they just mean the iceberg tunnels?

>>122898951
Well, they added the angler fish and mosa, we're going to get the giant squid, the water scorpion, manta, dunkleothing, electric eel and liopleurodon. Now I actually realize there are tons of creatures they have announced, holy shit
>>
>>122905990
>not having a scorpion egg farm to tame level 120s ezpz
>>
>>122905859
Giant short faced bear in the northern biome would be cool.
>>
>>122906882
I said ones they haven't announced
>>
>>122907465
They announced that? Fucking nice. Where's the list of already announced creatures then? Because I never heard anything about that.
>>
>>122907620
46 in the game with compy and oviraptor today, 34 announced if I counted that right -just sort by "released" Y/N
http://ark.gamepedia.com/Creatures
I wish the steam forums had a way to search for the dossier tag
>>
File: Direbear_Dossier.jpg (2MB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Direbear_Dossier.jpg
2MB, 2550x1650px
>>122907620
And before someone gets uppity that it's a not called a shortfaced, the genus is Arctodus, not Ursus
>>
i WANT TO HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH A HUMAN FEMALE, OUTSIDE OF MY FAMILY.
>>
>>122908349
Why not a burd?
>>
>patch will be out at noon
>wait, make that 7 pm
>wait, no midnight
every fucking time
>>
File: 1447717331067.jpg (356KB, 1264x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1447717331067.jpg
356KB, 1264x1818px
>mfw I legitimately miss hanging out with the Aqualads
>mfw I legitimately miss the late night/early morning banter on skype
>mfw I miss Jak and his bird fetish... because he gave everyone free birds all the time
>mfw I miss Triton and his rants about the Denver Airport Bunker and other /x/ tier shit
>mfw I miss being Chungors neighbor and stepping in his bear traps he left all over our beach
>mfw I miss Atlantian and his ability to bantz anyone on the server into submission

Through every up and down, we were always bros. That is something those autists could never take from us.
>>
>>122910179
They're probably still scratching their heads wondering why the official servers won't update. I find it really funny that the unofficial servers are like 2 patches ahead.
>>
>>122910179
>>122910527

If you guys only knew.
>>
>still no patch
>>
>>122910445
>tfw Jak never tamed me that bird

I am enjoying other games though. Not having to farm stone or deal with a shitty building system is great.
>>
>>122906708
Just started my farms last night. Needed a very secure base first.
>>
File: -,-.jpg (45KB, 620x427px) Image search: [Google]
-,-.jpg
45KB, 620x427px
>>122914573
I would rather hoard the burds for myself than give one to you
>>
>>122778357
Man I'm playing ToS, haven't posted in arkg in weeks.

>nfapvp

Lmao everyday, every day this shitty server is lagging and rubber banding. Everyday they pass 3/4 of the day fapping to gay porn and farming c4 for offline raiding. Everyday the gay weeaboo "Kami Sama" is a gay weeaboo, gay and a weeabo. Everyday griefers raid your shit for, hoping for a good loot to be shot deep into their assholes while trying to look "cool" with his awful offline raiding.Every Day Tunnel Snake "R A I D B O Y" raids peaceful people just to massage his ego, cause he is a neckbeard jobless autist. Every single day this goes on, and you people eat it up. You love it. This is absolutely disgusting. I'm disgusted and I hate every single one of you, every single miscreant that play in this horrid server, every single retard that replies Kami Sama's posts without sage, every single fan of this atrocious, revolting, insulting excuse for a "server".
>>
>>122916719
>kami sama
That sexy boi left
>>
>>122916719
I dunno how shit was back when you played, but NFA PVP these days is a brofest, I started on that server, got to a high level in no time at all by making tons of narcotics, built my base perimeter wall out of fucking thatch, and people just don't raid anything. Hell I only see like 8 people on tops, usually just a few including me. In fact, some awesome guy has repeatedly helped me tame stuff just for the hell of it. Also, as the motd specifically mentions: Kami is ded.
>>
>>122914573

if you hadnt scared off ole bob you wouldnt have to farm stone
>>
>>122922480
I miss bob
I miss Triton
I miss Irish
>>
File: ScreenShot_20151105_00002.jpg (464KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_20151105_00002.jpg
464KB, 1600x900px
>>122916719

IGN?
>>
File: 2015-11-21_00002.jpg (407KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_00002.jpg
407KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>122923660
burd feathers
>>
>224 never ever
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00004.jpg (159KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00004.jpg
159KB, 1600x900px
>>122929876

you talkin about me?
>>
>>122930365
"Help me"
>>
>>122930528
>it's getting rammed in the cloaca on the other side of the wall
>>
>Noonish
>7:00PM
>11:00PM
>11:45PM
>Aight fuck it, we're clearly not ready for this shit
>>
>>122922642
I miss Suzu. And his golden box.
>>
>>122930812
suzu was a beast.
hope hes enjoying life wherever he is now.
>>
File: 2015-08-01_00002.jpg (326KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-01_00002.jpg
326KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>122931135
>needing a sign to tell you that
>>
>>122931078
You know who I won't miss? Ney.
>>
File: 2015-08-04_00012.jpg (389KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-04_00012.jpg
389KB, 1680x1050px
>>
File: 2015-08-09_00008.jpg (256KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-09_00008.jpg
256KB, 1680x1050px
>>122931367
>>122930812
>>122922642

You know what I miss ???
>>
>>122931470
How do you make your own sign graphics?
>>
File: 2015-08-31_00007.jpg (473KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-31_00007.jpg
473KB, 1680x1050px
>>122931973
leftclick paintbrush on a board ,flag,canvas w/e
>>
File: 1437534494043.jpg (4KB, 250x165px) Image search: [Google]
1437534494043.jpg
4KB, 250x165px
>delayed patch
>>
>>122933026
>ETA December 19, 2016
>>
File: albino whisperer.jpg (9KB, 350x268px) Image search: [Google]
albino whisperer.jpg
9KB, 350x268px
>>122933249
I was wrong

its happening
>>
Who bronto waifu here ?
>>
>>122922480
Oi, I was farming stone before Bob was a twinkle in his father's eye.
>>
>>122934323
spelunking when
>>
>>122931973
Neat
>>
>>122934394
>Those days back when stoneminding meant running around a fucking beach and picking up a single stone at a time
Those guys who said Oceania was lazy were completely wrong. We were just sick of grinding like motherfuckers.
>>
>no oviraptor
>>
Where do I stick DinoCountMultiplier for single player? I'm putting it in game.ini under serversettings, but I dont think it's doing anything.
>>
>>122838316
Belladonna
>>
What's up with nfapvp right now? Update shenanigans?
>>
>>122940881
Probably
>>
>>122838316
Bougainvillea
Carnation
Poppy
Hyacinth
>>
>>122838316
Rafflesia
>>
Where the fuck do compy spawn? I thought they would be swarming all over the place.
>>
>>122898951
if you are on an unoffical server get your admin to wipe wild dinos. Trilobites take up shark and plesi spawns. We get a dino wipe every time a new dino is released and the ocean gets dangerous again. Lots more plesis.
>>
>No oviraptor

At least the sea mine looks fucking sick. It says it homes on to players too. Cant wait to try that out
>>
>>122943824
rip egg farming
>>
>>122931135
That's neuromancer s mountain home who are you
>>
Seeing on the patch notes that theyre saying people should run around getting their compy gangs, which I can only assume is the devs way of saying the game has the gang buff for compys now. Does this mean that the wolves have their pack buff too or is it just compys? I wish I could check it out but I have 6 more hours of work to go.
>>
>>122948223
Think it's just compy. They get a blue +X over their head where X is the number of compy around it.
>>
>>122910445
Come on Jak's teamspeak. I miss it too lad. Surprisingly a pretty cool bunch of anons in oceania.

85.236.109.219:10767
>>
>>122935031
Yikes... I thought I had forgotten the agony. Fuck that shit FOR REAL.
>>
rip thred
>>
>>122949763
Jak has a teamspeak? Why was'nt I told?
>>
>>122930812
How come he gets a fucking box
>>
Did they change the carnivore AI?
I see two Raptors wandering around, two Parasaurs right next to them, and they aren't attacking them at all.
>>
>>122958175
Yeah but i dont know what all they changed
>>
>>122956450
The teamspeak is populated by burd waifus singing love songs 24/7
>>
>>122964634
I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
Sentinal you gotta warn us about these shutdowns was flying over a bunch of crocs
>>
>>122966817
If the server rolls back again and I lose the Pteradon I just found after 2 days of it being missing, I will be fucking mad. I was doing all sorts of dangerous shit on it and only landed at my house a couple of minutes before that shutdown.
>>
>>122967369
>log in
>lvl 188 pter killed by a bug
>no bodybag at all
>on the other side of the map from my base
>>
tfw thinking about actually playing nfa pvp
>>
Is NFA PvE down? Its not showing up in my favorites list.
>>
>>122974085
Do it. I'll invite you to my tribe if you want, but you can solo pretty well on nfa PvP.
>>
>>122977540
how many active people? i solod all the way to 75 on an official once, and it sucked
was lonely and i never had someone to do quetz wrecking ball with
>>
>>122978095
I don't know the exact number, but it's relatively slow. Peak hours have 8 to 10 people.
Currently almost no one raids, but I'm silently preparing for war just in case.
>>
>>122978424
well ill take you up on that offer, im eating right now, but ill hop on when im done
any start is better than a fresh start
ill hit up global chat in like ~30
>>
>>122978656
I'm at work currently. I usually just keep up with the thread on my phone. I'm on every night though. I'll be on around 4pm EST. Post your character name in the thread and I'll come find you.
>>
File: 2015-11-21_00002.jpg (629KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_00002.jpg
629KB, 1920x1080px
i am ready for this tiny nightmare
>>
Hey Chung you ever abort that nigger baby?
>>
Just a warning, Im pretty sure Armaholic wanted to set up shop in NFA.
>>
>>122986376
Who? And I assume PvP because there's no need to warn anyone of anything on pve
>>
So I got my scuba gear today at along last and that shit is confi, but am I supposed to be able to see underwater like I see above land? Feels dodgey.
>>
>>122979371
i ended up watching a movie to pass the time
my ign is jazu
>>
>>122996446
Alright, updating now, it'd be faster, but Ark a shit, and even it's updating bugs the hell out.
>>
>>122998105
yea it downloads quick as fuck and then the actual update is slow, but i always thought that was because my drives are dying
>>
>>122998470
No, and god forbid you close steam while it preallocates because then it'll randomly delete 7.5 gigs of itself.

I have over 100 other games on steam and none of them have all these problems. I'm probably the only one not excited when this game updates, and often hope the server doesn't for awhile.
>>
>>122998703
im at like 90 18 cooking food and killing shit
>>
What a fucking incredible waste of time; I found a level 100 Spinosaur in a pit surrounded by rocks and spent like an hour taming it, only to find I can't get him out of the fucking rocks.
>>
>>122999979
Smash the rocks nigga
Or build a ramp
>>
>there are people who dont narc themselves out to pass the time
It's like you hate fun
>>
died of boredom waiting for humanity
i guess ill be on later /burd/

>>123002994
exactly what im about to do minus the drugs
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>123001446
Good idea, but when I tried to build anything on the rock, it wouldn't let me. I can't break them either, they're unbreakable.
>>
>>123003425
Shiet man idk
You could try boxing it so it glitches backwards a bit or something
Or put on a saddle and turn around?
Can you get a raft in there and glitch him on top of it?
>>
>>123003425
It wont let you place foundations or pillars anywhere?
>>
>>122981910
I let him starve
>>
>>123003901
I can get 1 pillar in the middle of the area where he's at, I can try maybe making a tall platform and trying to glitch him up onto it
>>
File: huzzah.jpg (478KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
huzzah.jpg
478KB, 1919x1080px
>>123003901
Holy shit, it fucking worked.
>>
>halfway done incubating an egg
>picked it up because it was too close
>accidentally hit use instead of drop trying to put it back down
welp
>>
>>123005196
f
>>
>>123005196
Quick! Stand in cold water and mash Z, you may still be able to salvage it!
>>
File: 1447119566620.png (351KB, 512x525px) Image search: [Google]
1447119566620.png
351KB, 512x525px
>>122917682
I've been here. I never left you my niggas. Pretty funny the copy pasta here is still the same :^)
Just busy irl .
>>
>>123008873
Kami come back sentinel gets my pters killed ill pay you in anglers
>>
>>123008873
Kami come back and spawn in more sets and weapons for my tribe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDbFGO1EuxQ
>>
How do i lure an Argentavis to my base?
>>
>>123016073
With a trail of bird seeds
>>
File: wrongneighborhood.png (3MB, 1597x899px) Image search: [Google]
wrongneighborhood.png
3MB, 1597x899px
>Flying around looking for Compys.
>Get D/C'd from server.
>Log back in to this.
>>
I was told that there is a group trying to build up on official server 42. Are you guys still doing that or did you quit?
>>
>>123019932
Autism group quit when they realised they couldn`t do shit
>>
>>123019356
So lucky highest level i found so far is 72 and ive been searching all day

Those fuckers are also a bitch to breed half the time the egg doesnt drop and they hold 4 meat during baby
>>
>>123020891
>tfw old Oceania is the best we'll ever get and most of us are sick of the game
>theyre useless anyways because theyre not autistic enough to spend money on cheating devices
>>
>>123019932
I quit official 42 after some douche raided my house and took EVERYTHING and killed all my dinosaurs. The gathering rates are so fucking abysmally low and it takes way, WAY too long to tame dinosaurs. Seriously why should anyone ever need to sit around for like 2-5 hours taming a dinosaur? That's outrageous. Kibble isn't a real solution either. Kibble is for people who already have enough dinosaurs to farm eggs, it doesn't help a new player at all. At least on an unofficial server, I can level up less painfully, and if I lose all my shit, I can get back on my feet in a reasonable amount of time. The only other alternative is to join a large tribe on an official server.
>>
File: CAM00256.jpg (952KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00256.jpg
952KB, 2560x1920px
Skydwellers are drunk and having some left beef.
>>
>>123023151
>half the time the egg doesnt drop
I was wondering why I didn't get an egg when I tried to breed them.
>>
Jak. Post burd butts. I need fap material
>>
File: tXoJA7f.jpg (113KB, 475x500px) Image search: [Google]
tXoJA7f.jpg
113KB, 475x500px
>>123028867
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-22+at+06.15.05).jpg (18KB, 334x119px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-22+at+06.15.05).jpg
18KB, 334x119px
Say goodbye to offline raiding .Sure ,you can go ahead and change your tribe/dino names when you`re out for raiding ,but who is smart enough to do so ?
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-21+at+11.11.52).jpg (278KB, 1276x718px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-21+at+11.11.52).jpg
278KB, 1276x718px
We have taken your dodo captive, Chungor. Respond to our demands now or me and my turtles are gonna remodel her shithole.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-21+at+11.16.57).jpg (338KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-21+at+11.16.57).jpg
338KB, 1286x748px
Remodel her SHITHOLE.
>>
File: 2015-11-21_00011.jpg (230KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_00011.jpg
230KB, 1280x720px
S H I T H O L E
H
I
T
H
O
L
E
>>
>>123040338
k
>>
>>123035810
The best raiders already do that. Of course, you need a pretty generic name or to just not speak in global at all if you're trying not to be found out.

Then again, it's still not going to stop the server police from killing PvP servers.
>>
File: ants.png (1MB, 1584x890px) Image search: [Google]
ants.png
1MB, 1584x890px
Baby Compys are so small.
>>
Why do people waste so much time playing this game? Buyers remorse?
>>
>>123039693
>>123039981
>>123040338
Why do you have so many turtles?
>>
>>123051148
We have 6 more in another base.

Bullet sponges. 355 taught me the value of turtles. They're the fastest high-health thing you can tame and transport easily. Doed's are probably better but they take too damn long to tame and all-health doeds are a waste anyways.
>>
is that /burd/ guy here, or should i just hop on another time?
>>
File: aaaaa.jpg (73KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
73KB, 640x360px
>>123046573
>those settings
>>
>>123051961
don't doeds just curl up into an inpenetrable ball at low hp? Wouldn't they be the best bullet sponges?
>>
>>123051961
Doeds take one of the easiest kibble to get though. Plus they roll which is just cool
>>
>>123052432
>>123052517
Fair enough. Honestly I'm a little lazy. You can find 20 turtles every 5 minutes but you have to look around a bit for a good doed.
>>
>>123052340
I'm not spending 5 hours sitting in front of these Compys to have it end with a crashed video driver and dead babies thanks.
>>
>Server and system limitations prevent making the new meme dino the memest

Welp, there goes trying to tame 9002 compys.
>>
Compys and Oviraptors in NFA PvE yet? I have been playing Overwatch most of the weekend
>>
>>123056984
>is an unreleased dino added
>>
rip nfa pvp
>>
rip burd waifu
>>
I havent played this game since it had its early access launch.

Is it still unoptimized to shit?

Is PvP still impossible and frustrating because of the server lag?
>>
>>123039693
>>123039981
>>123040338
>have 7 turtles
>they're the color of the rainbow
>not arranging them in the ROYGBIV order
>>
Why does killing argentavis gives you so much xp?
>>
>>122943736
Thanks for this, does the NFA PvP wipe regularly?
>>
>>123066218
After every update that adds a dino if Sentinel is not being a faggot.
>>
>>123066057
It doesn't give "so much exp" in comparison to other dinos. It mostly feels that way because you can kill massive amounts of them in a short span of time thanks to modifiers against them.
>>
File: 2015-07-09_00006.jpg (168KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-09_00006.jpg
168KB, 1176x664px
>>123066354
Nice, I'm gathering my Ark lads atm for a big binge over Christmas when we're all off Uni for the Christmas holidays.

I'm assuming NFA doesn't suffer from the shitty aimbot spam does it? They weren't around last time I played and I really can't see it being enjoyable if that's the norm now.
>>
>>123066551
>aimbots
>In a private server
>>
>>123064050
p-pls respond
>>
>>123066728
m8, haven't played since July or August
Good to know
>>
>>123039693
Dont know if its still alive but what are the demands?
>>
>>123064050
I run the game fine on a 970 50 fps average on the high preset

pvp's still shit unless you play on a 100x server but its not cause of lag just shit balancing
>>
>>123068425
You shall find and give us a male and a female out of every dodo variation (all lvl 120 wild) and then find us the mighty alpha argentavis and bring it to our lair
>>
>>123068685
So ascended rockets it is
>>
>>123046226
>server police
Tbh, unless you're a 'hide in plain sight' sleeper raiding tribe you'll probably enjoy the infamy, I know I certainly did.
Just build little outposts to retreat to post raid.
>>
>>123069236
Server police dont really give a shit about "fair" pvp if a bunch of lvl 30's are going at it they let them, they start to care when a lvl 70's running down the beach with a 230 rex wiping everyone who hasnt hit stone yet
>>
>>123069871
well me and my guys always "light-raid" when we join a server, like breaking through rooftops to steal supplies etc as we level up
>>
>>122761142
>>122782073
>>122792225
>>122795121
>>122800482
If people are up for some pirate action i'll reinstall
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00001.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00001.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
Why does it have to be lvl 4 i love that spine
>>
>>123071046
tame it and breed it and keep breeding for levels and colors
>>
>>123071046
Spineys pop up by my base occasionally, but the highest I've seen was level 12. My burd 2 shot it.
>>
>>123003258
Oh shit you were talking to me. I forgot my name was /burd/ when I made the old thread. Jak is the real burd man.
If you want to join us I'll be on again tonight. Sorry dude.

I work shit retail and this week is hell.
>>
>>123077883
i worked for a grocery store for 3 years i understand
just post an image with a tribechat looking for me
>>
>>123078193
Will do.
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00003.jpg (426KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00003.jpg
426KB, 1680x1050px
>>123073561

>find a lvl 108 spino in the wild, a beautiful green with pink sail
>tamed him with some help from other friendly tribes
>named the spino Sinistar because he hungers, RUN COWARD, RUN!
>dicking around the next day find a lvl 112 female spino thats gray with a pink sail in the same fucking spot I found Sinistar
>tamed her too, start breeding program immediately

I like how they run like puppies.
>>
>>123081692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XEINagmaU
mah niggah
>>
>>123081692
Got any babby pics?
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00001.jpg (481KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00001.jpg
481KB, 1680x1050px
>>123085157

Just this one, baby Typhos who I adopted out to some bros. Got his mother's colors but the fathers stats. They grow up so fast ;_;
>>
>>123085604
I know that feel. I miss when my raptor was a babby. He was a cute
>>
File: 2015-11-21_00001.jpg (296KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_00001.jpg
296KB, 1680x1050px
>>123086383

Babby raptors are the cutest, I've been looking for a high level female to start breeding, but all the raptors I find are between lvls 4-60.
>>
>>123086878
You on nfa PvP? Maybe I can walk ours over for a fuck fest. She likes being watched.
>>
>>123087108

I'm on PvE, I didn't want all my shit getting destroyed while I was learning the game because I'm a dirty casual.
>>
>>123087448
My first server was a pve too. I get it.
>>
Burds are love
>>
>>123092749
Burds are life.

Petting mod when?
>>
>>123092994
Gonna be a feature soon. Gives an xp buff too.
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00001.jpg (301KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00001.jpg
301KB, 1600x900px
>>123085157
babby doge
>>
>>123092749
burd are memes
they arent real
>>
>>123096023
Shit really? That's awesome.
>>
What's raiding etiquette on nfa pvp?
>>
>>123101968
>Raiding
>Etiquette
What
>>
>12 people on nfa-pvp
da fug is this
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506506101

y/n?
>>
>>123101968
Don't be a huge cunt killing every dino for no reason. Expect retaliation. You won't get banned or anything and there are no “server police "
>>
>>123105235
VERY Y
Just set it up well, because one server I played on had it and I got ascended flak chest and legs from 1 red.
>>
>>123105235
no
i am a vanilla man
not vanilla with whip cream
not vanilla with a cherry
vanilla and just vanilla
>>
>>123105235
This was setup on another server I was on

It leads to people killing each other and fighting for drops. So if you like more realistic PvP this is it
>>
File: 1437162028176.jpg (64KB, 585x386px) Image search: [Google]
1437162028176.jpg
64KB, 585x386px
>>123108651
>>
>>123105235
Makes sense. To be honest I'm fine with the current situation of the beacons' tier not being extra high and related to your level instead, having to hunt for red ones for a while to get some good loot. What's stupid is that they've still dropped the same things despite the tons of stuff that's been added in the last few months
Where's slopes BP or Journeyman fur or new saddles?
By the way
>Survivor, Manks asks, “Hello Devs, in a previous Ark Digest you mentioned a new way to get high tier blueprints, would you be able to give anymore information on that?”

>Answer:
Bosses with scalability difficulty! So the tougher boss you summon, the better gear you’ll be able to get :).
>>
>>123111937
ive never even seen a boss summoned on any server
what level are they, and what level where they back in diff 1?
>>
>>123105235
If it means I don't get 6 medium crop plot blueprints during beacon runs, I am all for it.
>>
File: later nerd.jpg (289KB, 1468x954px) Image search: [Google]
later nerd.jpg
289KB, 1468x954px
>not piloting your birds from the invisible undersaddle
>>
>>123113610
>immediately recognize my base's position from the screenshot and wonder how did you get on my server for a second
Private server paranoia
>>
>>123101968
Kill them all and let god sort them out
>>
>>123114016
But that's MY base.
>>
>>123116151
no mine
>>
>>123078193
I'm on now if you're ready. I've gotta go soon because work at 5 fucking AM, but I'll be on for a long time tomorrow.
>>
>>123116717
ok i logged near 80 12 but i might have died
>>
When will vision confess his love for the feather?
>>
File: b0111fde44[1].jpg (29KB, 492x134px) Image search: [Google]
b0111fde44[1].jpg
29KB, 492x134px
im sorry
im already filled with regret
>>
ded
>>
When's the server being updated to 224.2? I am too paranoid to go flying anywhere for fear of sudden shutdown and rollback and falling to my death (again).
>>
>>123128285
either when sentinel stops being a faggot or in ~11 hours when the autoupdate happens
>>
>>123128285
I think sentinel manually updates it so whenever he gets on logged off for 5hrs as of now
>>
>>123125514
lol
>>
tfw get like half of the fps on nfa compared to officials
>>
>NFA PVP
How do you like your lag senpai?
Just fuck me up
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00003.jpg (222KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00003.jpg
222KB, 1600x900px
pls send help
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-23+at+12.09.35).png (853KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-23+at+12.09.35).png
853KB, 1920x1080px
tfw almost level 40 and still haven't tamed a dino yet
>>
>>123144101
I was at that same point when i started

you level up so fast working towards metal tools
>>
Kneel to the burd and avert thine eyes

Thanks again, Jakiroshy
>>
Lvl 140 Male Sarco, Steve (Irwin), and his mate boosted Lvl 8 Female Sarco, Bindi.
>>
>Balnagghar spotted on NFA
AHAHAHA
>>
>>123147869
how do you know it's the real Balnigger?
>>
>>123150258
His profile matches. It even says Balnagghar under former names.
>>
Balnagghar blowing chumgor the FUCK out
>>
File: Dodo.jpg (385KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Dodo.jpg
385KB, 1680x1050px
Chungor you could`ve stopped this
>>
Chumgor's base was just the start. I'm back I'll kill all of you aquachildren.
>>
>>123153768
Aqua 14 year old manchildren*
>>
>>123146326
M8 you know there's gonna be Giant Rays right? Youre just begging for the stingy stangy stoogaroo
>>
>>123153918
I'll die the way Steve Irwin lived then, with animals in my heart.
>>
File: never4chan.jpg (7KB, 408x23px) Image search: [Google]
never4chan.jpg
7KB, 408x23px
>>123153874
>>
rip thred
>>
>>123146326
Wood fences really look good on the raft
>>
>>123158115
rip lif
>>
>>123125514
Hank was a Shitty raptor anyway. That's why we have Good Hank. Be careful though, most of the raptors are “Joes". We call him crodac. I think he forgot to name his character.

Oh and don't use First Blood Jr. That was our babby.
>>
>>123161931
you werent there, i arrived and watched the final bite. i saw the life being drained to its fullest from the unconscious raptor
all the while the source of my torment fly blissfully around in pure ecstasy, knowing what it had caused
taunting me, its victim

try not to die at work
>>
Kami-sama, are you ever coming back to NFA PvP? Was just wondering if i can demolish your metal behe gates and use the metal on building stuff at our base.
>>
File: 9324663aa4[1].jpg (254KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
9324663aa4[1].jpg
254KB, 1280x720px
whew
tfw no kibble though
>>
>>123164390
>not forcefeeding it back to full hp
>not letting it heal on corpses

1/10 burd awbuse
>>
did nfa pvp just crash?
>>
>>123164669
>feeding it to restore hp
????
>heal on corpses
well that all happened while i was tranqing it
it almost killed me and i have terrible aim
>>
>>123164757
For carnivore tames that get extremely low hp you can kill animals near them and let them eat to heal.
>>
>>123164757
If you forcefeed any carno right after knocking it out with raw meat it will regain 5 hp per each unit just make sure it does not go hungry(lose 50 units of food) and eat the raw me or it will lose TE
>>
>>123164705
It's probably patching to the latest version finally. Expect at least a 15 minute rollback; this happened to me 2 days ago, I suddenly got kicked a few minutes after landing at my base logged in 500 feet in the air and fell to my death. Luckily I found the body, but it's put the fear in me to never stray far from my base when we're behind a version. I wish there was a simple announcement system or at least someone says something in chat about it slightly beforehand so everyone can get to safety and log off.
>>
File: 08e4b12584[1].jpg (173KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
08e4b12584[1].jpg
173KB, 1280x720px
well it went better this time i guess
i healed it afterwards too
are you happy?
>>
>>123165549
did someone attack jorge?
>>
>>123165549
Did he get his bow back?
>>
>>123165705
idk
>>123165740
i think no
>>
>>123165836
Shame. If be mega pissed.
>>
File: a18e5308b0[1].jpg (245KB, 948x950px) Image search: [Google]
a18e5308b0[1].jpg
245KB, 948x950px
he found "2" bows or something
idk what the fuck he was saying
>>
>>123165705
Apperantly arma/bal killed him
>>
>>123167941
>>123165705
Don't worry, I'll make great use of his gear
>>
>>123168496
You're probably gonna get your shit pushed in so far you'll be blowing it out your nose, but I'm kinda glad there's some potential PvP going on for once.
>>
File: jMoPFa8.jpg (216KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
jMoPFa8.jpg
216KB, 1176x664px
People still play this meme game?
>>
>>123163148
Notice me senpai!~
>>
>>123170781
No we just like to talk about it.
where do you get that swag as fuck glasses skin, only ones I ever had I stole of some dumb shit on a pve server who left his doors wide open.
>>
>>123173951
You could get them as part of a promotion I think, I dont really remember, that screenshot is from July
>>
>>123174984
I bought this game in late August, guess I missed it.
>>
>>123173951
T-Rex Swag Glasses only for the the idiots that bought The Stomping Land. So they got something out of their wasted dollarydoos in a game that might actually see completion.
>>
>>123173951
http://ark.gamepedia.com/Rex_Stomped_Glasses_Saddle_Skin
>>
>>123175958
>>123176053
Oh. I wanted that game. Glad I didn't buy it though.

Was it by the same devs?
>>
So bal is going around raiding people?
>>
>>123175861
>new Ark players
And I was hoping I would be remembered..
>>
>>123176497
No none of the same devs are on this game.
>>
>>123179074
Good.
>>
Would you touch a raptors feathers?
>>
Has it been hinted at how the oviraptors will be tamed? I'm guessing something with feeding eggs, possibly passive tame.
>>
>>123177129
Funny considering how much of a pissant he was on 355. I guess he's finally realized just how low he is on the moral totem pole.

At least we can have fun again.
>>
>>123183780
With all the 355 talk on here in the past months, I've never heard of him, so I'm not worrying.
>>
>>123187109
He's an irrelevant, untrustworthy shit. No one will help him if you want to blow him out.
>>
File: 2015-11-23_00001.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_00001.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>123153768
But my base is fine all you died was kill a mosa and some harvesters at a second base
>>
>>123198642
*did
>>
Guys I had the best idea ever since the need to move away my old scorpions arose
I'll build a mini construction for them (since they're like 10 and I only need one) shaped like a scorpion with the tiny legs and maybe the crabs
I'll post pics when I've built it
>>
The worst torture in ARK would be dropping someone into a pit of scorpions. They would be on passive too and the player would constantly get stuck on the legs.
>>
>>123203776
Exactly why I'm moving them, honestly. Half of the times the only solution I can find is ride them, get away, try to move them in a way the legs aren't in my way, then dismount only to find that the legs STILL are in my way
>>
I just started playing on nfa and does anyone else think the exp rate is too high?
>>
>>123206084
I would have quit playing if the exp wasn't where it's at. the grind is so tedious to unlock shit
>>
>>123206084
Xp is the most bullshit thing on official rates why would i want to play for 600 hours of hard grind just to make flippers?
>>
>>123198642
Chun, you want some stuff to kill em with?
>>
>>123198642
>all you did was kill a Mosa
Was it a shitty base level Mosa? Because my understanding was its not a diffiicult task to push their health above 250k with a decent base level...
>>
>>123207017
Sure i got alot to kill them, i dont need much but anything is helpful

CM mostly just needs burds right now
>>
>>123207254
I think I can do that. You know where their base is?
>>
>>123207192
it was lvl 12 in the wild and in the 50s when they killed it pretty sure they just sniped it forever since it way killed by a player+++
>>
>>123207554
Ah ok, I'm coming back to Ark over Christmas purely because of the Mosa and found the idea of some pleb killing it horrifying.
I'm a massive Hydro-phile, on previous servers my Shark tames tended to be level 80-100 base so I'll probably do the same with my Mosas.

Are High level ones difficult to find? Or are they like Plesios (or how Plesios used be anyway) and generally base 60, 75 and 90.
>>
>>123207507
its at 62 65
>>
>mosa talk
Did they ever fix the issue with the mosa not following you near the surface like it's supposed to but instead losing aggro like the plesio and going back down?
>>
>>123208018
Im bringing you a level 59 argie, don't shoot me.
>>
>>123209631
afaik no, it stays in the deeps and has no Oxygen stat.
Also, what kind of health have people hit with Mosas here?
>>
>>123208018
I'm here mate
>>
>>123209631
>issue

Pretty sure that devs planned all deep sea dinos to behave like that.
>>
>>123211360
Except the dossier explicitly mentions it needing oxygen and needing to go back to the surface m8
When people found out it behaved like the plesio devs said they'd fix it
>>
>>123212694
>Believing the dossier

Devs say a lot of things in the dossier that never actually applies. They said plesiosaurs would leave humans alone, for one thing.
>>
>>123212694
There's always discrepancies from the dossier and the actuality of the creature in the game. Don't think otherwise.

Bezelbufo says that it's got poisonous extretions on both it's tongue and skin, except in game it only applies torpor damage when you attack stuff, not when you rub up against them.
Turtles supposedly have a "swift swim rate" but it's average at best compared to the actual aquatic creatures or even compared to a sarco.
Doedicurus according to the dossier just immediately balls up when facing a large predator, however the truth is they only ball up when they've taken a considerable amount of damage.
Quetzals are supposed to "nest near the absolute highest peaks", but the truth is they are always on the move and never even stop at any of the mountains.

The list goes on and on, I don't even see why people sperg out at dinos not being exactly as the dossier says they are.
>>
>>123214175
The Mosa is a little odd though because the dossier suggests it was designed to be a war dino of some sort which would have to be kept near the surface when in fact it is just all round the best sea mount in existance
>>
rip server
>>
Who has Ball Gag attacked so far?
>>
>>123220208
Just Chungor. But Chungor already blew up the base they had. They're still playing so they're probably moving bases.
>>
>>123206084
It only seems high til you get past level 65 or so, then it slows down a lot. I feel bad for people doing that grind on official, especially when some gear requires level 90. Holy shit man. I am level 76 or something and it seems like it takes a LOT of XP to level now.
>>
This your warning, we raid NFA in 2 day
>>
File: 1448330931_Dossier_WoollyRhino.jpg (2MB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1448330931_Dossier_WoollyRhino.jpg
2MB, 2550x1650px
>Boner Pills
>>
>>123221275
They are on a raft right now

>Living on a raft vs a aquafag
>>
>yfw you will never shit from above with your burd gf on crappy landlubbers
>>
>>123226173
But they're aquaMEN now anon! Thats clearly, um, like, better than aqualads or something, you know. It uh, uh, really shows you dumb g-guys! Cause it like implies you're children or something!
>>
>>123223669
>two shitters living in a nigger shack thinking they can take on established tribes that have existed for months

K.
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00003.jpg (354KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00003.jpg
354KB, 1680x1050px
Chungor, I dont think that your dodo can take it anymore .
>>
>>123226517
Actually they changed their name to the "Iron Islanders."

So they're fucked.
>>
>>123227143
Its a meme you dip
>>
File: 1448056783725.jpg (162KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1448056783725.jpg
162KB, 1462x1462px
>>123224362
>Chinese players are mentioned in official ARK dossiers
>>
>>123228360
Where?
>>
>>123228638
The whole "using random odds and bobbins as aphrodisiacs" thing is very greatly assosciated with China.
>>
>>123180472
>touching anything other then a feathered raptor
>>
>>123228638

Hunting endangered animals to extinction to grind random body parts into pee-pee magic dust
>>
>>123228826
Africa and Europe and South America and the Middle East and North America too bud. Stupid people everywhere
>>
File: twah.png (152KB, 1920x260px) Image search: [Google]
twah.png
152KB, 1920x260px
>look at steam
>downloading
>see this
>look on forums for info
>nothing

?????
>>
File: 2015-11-23_00001.jpg (492KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_00001.jpg
492KB, 1680x1050px
>>123085157

Here's baby Caesar, who was born at lvl 170 and had a whopping 3750 HP and 350% melee damage. He'll probably replace papa Sinistar for my spino sire.
>>
File: 1439096281735.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1439096281735.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>Upcoming Version: v225
>New Structure: Industrial Forge

Are they just adding mods now?

but this is one of the best things to add
>>
Asians are the scum of the Earth tbqh.
>>
>>123224362
Oh, nice
>>
File: Super rex.jpg (111KB, 602x715px) Image search: [Google]
Super rex.jpg
111KB, 602x715px
We have created a monster.
>>
>>123235352
y u do dis
>>
>>123235352
There is a special place reserved in hell for people like you
>>
>>123236073
>>123237752
I'm curious as to how people are hitting 300 with theirs. WE found the highest of every stat out of a total of about 25 tamed rexes and bred them all in just to hit 200.
>>
>>123238352
It's based on the base stats, before leveling. So you needed as close to base 180s as you can plus stat distribution favoring 1 or 2 stats. So if you take one with a lot of points in health and attack, and breed it with one that has a lot in stam, you'll usually get one that is very high level.
>>
>>123239039
I am well aware of that, but base level has nothing to do with the stat investment. We simply can't find rexes with higher stats than the ones we currently have. I mean, I could've tamed the 2600 hp 135% damage 120rex with 12k food to breed in 6 extra levels, or that rex with 650 oxy I knocked out about 3 months ago, but noone wants those.
>>
rip thred
>>
Gas all the dinos
>>
According to Papyrus Chester-Beatty I, Set is depicted as trying to prove his dominance by seducing Horus and then having intercourse with him. However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently throws it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set. With the help of His mother, Isis, Horus placed His own semen upon lettuce growing in a garden; lettuce that Seth was to eat. After Set had eaten the lettuce, they went to the gods to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt. The gods first listened to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answered from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the gods listened to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answered from inside Set.
>>
File: combat melon.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
combat melon.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
Asked this about 6 months ago and thought I'd see now

Does it still run like shit?
>>
>>123250136
>6 months ago
wait a minute that was when it was launched right?
suppose it wasn't that long ago
>>
>>123250214
Yes 6 months ago is when it launched, considering early access opened up at june 2
>>
>>123250264
shit that was 4 months ago
man I'm really losing track of time

but does it still run like shit or have they fixed it?
>>
>>123250384
>June is the 6th month of the year
>November is the 11th
>11-6 = 5
>Add to that the fact that it launched near the start of june and it's now near the end of november

I'd say track of time isn't the only thing you're losing.
>>
>>123250516
I'll ask in another 5 and a half months then
>>
>>123224362
On one hand, enough with mammals, gib more dinos
On the other, it looks nice and I like the fact that recent creatures' dossiers and releases almost always have a particular feature (charge, organic polymer, increased torpor, quad/bipedal, reducing aggro, etc).
Who else had that charge attack though? Pachyrhino?
>>
File: golden lel.jpg (43KB, 302x299px) Image search: [Google]
golden lel.jpg
43KB, 302x299px
Lmao the rhino horns shitstorm
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/485622866453800973/
>>
>>123261571
Kek, blame some developers having fun instead of uneducated idiots. SJW mentality right there
>>
ded gaem
ded general
>>
>>123250575
It's slightly better, but still runs like shit. Play in N64 mode.
>>
Wait.

Bal is on OUR server?

And you guys haven't blown him the fuck out why?
>>
So cooking recipes seem to be the next best thing, especially if you use the reset potionand put every point into crafting.
How does a dish that gives you (for example) 600 food work though, if you only have 100 points?
>>
>>123261571
The problem is uneducated Asians actually think Rhino horns are a miracle medicine, Ark perpetuating the myth is a bad idea. The people playing Ark aren't going to go out and slaughter Rhinos. But hey, maybe someday they'll be in trouble and think to themselves: "Maybe I should buy some Rhino horn." The dossier should specifically mention how Rhino horns don't have special powers, but some stupid survivors think they do and won't stop hunting them. However, Rhino horns are a great source of keratin so they should have greatly boosted keratin drops.

I'm surprised they haven't added Ivory to Mammoths, I'm sure they could come up with some interesting objects to craft with it. Unlike Rhino horn which is actually worthless for its intended purpose, Ivory is a useful substance. They used to make tool handles with it and such. Imagine if we could make those and attach them to tools to add durability. Could be used to make a war horn or something too.
>>
>>123269919
Nah we've done it twice already. Thing is that he doesn't have much to lose yet so every time he loses something he just rebuilds with his other 14 year olds.

Also only Chungor is raiding him, if it ends up being needed all the other tribes can annihilate him way faster than Chungor can.
>>
>>123271639
Actually its a very small number of chinese who actually by the horn for Medicinal purposes.
There is some African country where the 1% buy Rhino Horns as trophies and wear them around their necks as symbols of wealth.
In their culture a newly wed couple are usually gifted one.
I have more pity for a limp dicked asian trying to give it to his wife to make a baby, then some Jigaboos/boofers using it to stunt.
>>
>>123271639
>I'm surprised they haven't added Ivory to Mammoths, I'm sure they could come up with some interesting objects to craft with it. Unlike Rhino horn which is actually worthless for its intended purpose, Ivory is a useful substance. They used to make tool handles with it and such. Imagine if we could make those and attach them to tools to add durability. Could be used to make a war horn or something too.
Give me this x1000 instead of useless pelt
I'd be satisfied even if it was only needed for spearheads or helmets
>>
>>123271950
Chungor gets all the fun
>>
>full fur armor still weighs 48 (FORTY-EIGHT) kg while still not providing high enough insulation to avoid needing to eat a full stack of cooked meat every 10 minutes or freezing without a torch
Fuck this shit, apprentice/journeyman hide armor and it's practically the same thing without the extra weight
Yiff in hell devs
>>
Do the 3x gathering speed modifiers on NFA apply to Prime meat? i.e. will I get 10-15 prime from a plesio now?
>>
>>123282419
Plesios only drop primes so you are probably going to get 20
>>
>>123282608
Im used to getting 4-5 from a plesio so figured 12-15 now.

Should be good for farming Prime Jerky during taming prep time.
>>
NFA pve going down for update. Shouldn't take to long.
>>
>>123283228
Forgot to mention I'm adding the better beacons mod because the devs are too lazy to fix them.
>>
how can i stop spawning wild dinos in my base?
>>
>>123271639
How about we stop catering to retards and end the dumb shit mentality that school us useless so the retards learn it's stupid where they're supposed to instead of from a video game.

You teach the idiots why they are stupid, don't coddle them and pretend they have an equal say.
>>
>>123276279
>he didn't put points in fort
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00008.jpg (436KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00008.jpg
436KB, 1680x1050px
Chungor, she needs you to save her .
>>
>>123284585
New player here what should I put points in?
>>
>>123284728
health, fortitude, weight, move speed

get health to 250
fort to at least 25
weight 300
ms 130

any extra points into whatever you want
>>
>>123285010
move speed is a gimmick

i put some into it for fun but you don't need it that high
>>
Minerva, if you're reading this I need you to log in ASAP.

I'll explain when you're online.
>>
>>123284585
>fortitude
They actually fixed that and made it a not useless stat??
>>
>>123286314
Unless you put a crazy amount like 60 points into fortitude the temperature resistance is negligible.

I get my fortitude up to 20 for the pvp aspect and to avoid getting knocked out by one snake bite or scorpion sting
>>
>>123288172
So still useless.. I had mine at 16 I think and it made no difference to my temp so I dumped it, torpor wasnt a big deal for me because of my play style.
>>
>>123284641
Ur weird
>>
>>123288405
Yeah it really depends on your playstyle. Cooked meat is so easy to get with a grill you don't need any points in fortitude if you are avoiding torpor inflicting creatures and players with tranqs
>>
>>123283352
Nfa PvP needs this. Just gotta make sure the red ones aren't constantly dropping ascended flak and launchers
>>
>>123288680
Yeah, I'm a hydrophile, so scorps and toads are a rarity for me, I've often spent hours at a time in water, farming for my tribe or farming xp for my sharks etc.
>>
File: implying sign.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
implying sign.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>>123284585
I should've wrote down that I'm experiencing all that and I've had 40 points in fortitude since a couple of days after the snow biome introduction.

My main point is that high fortitude and a fur should cause only minor inconveniences, but it doesn't. Fortitude is actually useful, fur is not.

>>123288172
>>123288405
Nah, fort is somehow useful. You're going to feel that increased torpor resistence and especially the extreme cold/heat one. Although it's surely not a priority if you're near water and you can just take a dive anytime to fix the thirst that heatwaves give you.
>>
>>123291675
you do realize that just because audiophile, pedophile, ephebophile, chronophile, and other philes of that nature does not mean adding phile makes it of the same category, right?
you are not a hydrophile, no human can be a hydrophile.

please stop.
>>
>>123293819
I'm actually 86% Ethanol you fucking autist.

You know why I used the phrase stop trying to pretend you're some kind of super grammar Nazi word police
>>
File: WeWillLiveTheyWillDie.png (52KB, 341x94px) Image search: [Google]
WeWillLiveTheyWillDie.png
52KB, 341x94px
So far today's been good
>>
>>123294721
being made of hydrophobic substances does not make the resulted being also hydrophobic, nor does it give such being the right to identify as such.

you calling me names is rude, and it hurt me, because i was just trying to inform you of your political incorrectness.
the proper term, the one youre looking to substitute, and should henceforth use is aquaphile

i do hope you stop being so insensitive, and put effort into not being toxic, thanks.
>>
>>123296349
cringe
>>
>>123296349
(insert bait image)
>>
Any tips for knocking birds out?
>>
>>123297730
hit it
>>
I-is there anyway to call a nonviolence act with tribes if I'm by myself?
>>
>>123300037
Be a bitch and farm for them
>>
>>123300105
fug
>>
>>123296262
I'm always sad to see ptera go though, sadder than most dinos
They seem such bros, they're inoffensive and chill and have such low HP that killing them just feels wrong to me
>>
>>123305719
They died to our turrets, got to close trying to pick one of us off a mega
>>
All birds on NFA PvP will die. This is your warning.
>>
Where can I find lots of chitin?
>>
>>123308514
your skull
>>
>>123308514
Go kill Trilobites. I took my Spinosaur out to the coast and went diving for trilobites and ended up leaving with around 1000 chitin, 250 oil, and ~silica pearls by the time I got bored and left.
>>
>>123296349
Go home ball.

>>123307875
I've been waiting for this.
>>
>>123307875
Touch my burds and I will hit you with so much explosives you'll be reading the Qur'an
>>
>>123308514
Caves as you slay your way through scorpions and spiders on your saber
>>
Bird genocide will happen. Start preparing to give us some enjoyment out of it.
>>
File: 1439297564808.png (645KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
1439297564808.png
645KB, 722x525px
>enjoying bringing harm to animals
Literal sociopath
>>
>>123316216
Just remember after I convert your tribe to islam, you should visit mecca at least once in your life.

Praise Allah
>>
Do scorpions just not lay eggs anymore? What the fuck devs???
>>
I've got seven mate boosted turtles and they haven't layed an egg in two days. Same with scorpions. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
File: 1444778251226.jpg (71KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
1444778251226.jpg
71KB, 846x846px
Is NFA-Pvp dead? I was on there when it started and had a nice Ice island, but I havent been able to play since.

Im pretty board waiting for games to release but not board enough for offical's
>>
>>123327974
12 people on now
>>
>>123316741
>implying not video games
>>
This is your warning.
In 2 days all the burds on nfa pvp will be loved and cuddled
>>
>>123331241
rather have them be killed desu
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-25+at+06.04.29).png (28KB, 577x223px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-25+at+06.04.29).png
28KB, 577x223px
>>123331601
Killing them would only make you sad
>>
File: 1446414031568.png (142KB, 473x462px) Image search: [Google]
1446414031568.png
142KB, 473x462px
>>123328526
Cool Gess ill go back and get my little slab of lifeless Ice back if anyone even bothered to live there.

Death to Flying Birds, Flightless Waterbirds will rule.

Deus Vult
>>
What should I invest points into for a sarco? The wiki says movespeed and stamina but it goes pretty fast in the water already.
>>
>>123333105
If youre scorp kings your shit got raided
>>
>nfa pvp is all degenerate homos
go figure
>>
>>123337813
By faggots like you
>>
ded
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-25+at+08.30.08).png (4KB, 723x35px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-25+at+08.30.08).png
4KB, 723x35px
>>123343580
>>
>>123344948
I wish the name didn't have to be so unnatractive to people outside the thread.
I feel like anyone who comes across it in the unofficials would just scroll right by.
No Fun Allowed PVP has a nice ring to it and then the Motd could just have the advert for the server site because lets face it no one just sees a server name and thinks, "Maybe I'll rent my next server there!"
>>
>>123337813
>he doesn't enjoy sucking a good dick
>>
>liking birds more than beezles
Shit taste, all of you
>>
>>123347980
Nothing wrong with a frog, but it was my burd that carried him to the pen.
>>
freg is love
freg is life
>>
>>123347980
>>123348350
frogfags gtfo
>>
>>123348348
Incorrect, she hopped home without the aid of a faggots feathers
>>
Doeds are the best animal. No debate
>>
ded
>>
>>123357548
I actually expected it to be a lot more ded than it is.
Thread is alive enough Im considering coming back to the game..
>>
>>123334146
Aside from melee and HP that's mandatory, don't underestimate movement speed. On one hand you'll be faster on ground which is useful, but especially you'll fare better in water battles. Sarcos are super fast but have a wide-ass turn radius because of their tail, so if you're attacking a group of sharks movespeed is useful or you'll get hit a lot more.
>>
>>123334146
This guy >>123357678
And stamina is not something I'd invest points in because sarcos will recover it when swimming and you should rarely use them out of the water.
Anon above hit the nail on the head, it will also let you escape tamed sharks if you're being chased.
>>
>recipe made with 2 dodo eggs
>gives you back 91 HP, 130 food, 100+ stamina
>little weight, 2 days spoil time
Holy shit, pls don't nerf devs, this is what I needed
>>
everytime i get on nfa pvp it goes down 10 minutes later holy shit
>>
Turkey Trial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lgaD5ioZJo
>>
>>123361334
Tell me about it. I've found it going down a lot around 8am. It seems to happen regularly around this time. Well looking on the bright side, at least I hadn't been out flying beforehand.
>>
>>123361665
lmk when its up please, im going to play mass effect for the first time
>>
>>123361751
I think it's back up now
>>
>>123362642
thanks
>>
>>123361645
The turkeys looks so out of place.
That said, I'm all for the Terror Burd and I hope it's as dope as it looks.
>>
Is there any actual reason to use larger crop plots for crops that don't need them? If I put berries in a large plot will the yield be better than a small one?
>>
>>123363184
Terror Bird isn't with this update anon. They're just bringing back D-rex in tameable form. Though with how powerful it was I'm betting this is either a watered down nerfed version or one that you can ride for a short time like the dragon in SOTF.
>>
>>123363441
It seems they don't, sadly. Never tried it but everyone I asked replied the yield is the same, so it's purely aesthetics

>>123363810
>no Terror burd
Shit.
That said, a dodorex that gets a post-tame nerf like the Giganoto (or, better, some more) wouldn't be so bad. The only problem is that the dodorex was lv1 in the Halloween event, if you can level it post-tame you can make it a beast nonetheless
>>
>>123357879
Thanks. I find that wiki has pretty bad advice for leveling your dinos.
>>
>>123364170
Oh well, that's a shame. Guess the large plots are solely for turret plants. I almost regret spending those engram points. I should have waited for a blueprint.
>>
>>123361645
Its like they don't even care about balance.
>Hey guys I see you took months building your base and defending it.
>We are going to add a giant dodo with fire breath that is most likely as strong as a giga
>Have fun while your shit is destroyed by a so RANDUM XD!
>>
>>123366392
Also what the fuck is going on with 4chan, this shit is not fun.
Apparently using !.!.!.1.1.1 makes it think my post is spam
Same with xD.D.D.D.
Fucking stupid, fuck moot and fuck this chink for buying the site.
>>
>>123366284
just use a brainwash seltzer

>>123366471
he made lots of changes regarding spam detection so that when he datamines us (which we already proved was going to happen) its easier
>>
>>123364767
Wiki can't even understand the basic, objective concept of hyper/hypothermal insulation and you expect them to give good advice on debatable issues like minmax?

>>123366471
Nigga eliminating inane shitpost is a good thing
>>
Direbear when?
>>
>>123366718
>Nigga eliminating inane shitpost is a good thing
>Limiting what people can say is good.
I would rather have rampant shitposting then some faggot limiting what I can type.
>>
>>123364767
The Wiki has shit advice, when levelling a dino try and think of what you need it to do, and what will prevent other anons from widening its asshole.
>>
Why are the dinos in this game so sexy? Am I a furry for thinking so?
>>
>>123371942
yes
>>
File: 2015-11-25_00001.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25_00001.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
>>123316216
>>
File: 2015-11-25_00003.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25_00003.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
>>123307875
>>123316216
>>123331601
>>
Fucking hell. I woke up fully expecting the oviraptor to be released as it had already been pushed back a dozen times. Now I see that instead of the oviraptor they released the dodorex as tameable. It's like they hate their player base.
>>
I'm thinking of buying this game. How badly will I get my shit pushed in while learning to play it?
>>
Am I right in saying if I shoot say a sarco with 10 tranq arrows, I will get the full torpor effect of those arrows after 50 seconds without needing to wait 5 seconds between each shot?
because mother of fuck I dont want to be counting to 5 for half an hour while I tranq a bronto.
>>
>>123383150
There's like a bleed effect from tranq arrows where you get the initial shot and the rest goes up over 4-5 seconds. You cancel that amount by shooting again.

Doesn't really matter too much but it's most arrow efficient to time it.
>>
>>123383409
"A second arrow hitting the target will not override the torpor-over-time effect of the first arrow, the effects of multiple arrows will instead stack. That means it's not necessary to wait in between shots to gain the maximum torpor. On the other hand, the torpor increase takes 5 seconds. So if the creature is near unconsciousness, it's better to wait after each shot as to not harm the creature unnecessarily."

I pulled this from the wiki, but I know the wiki doesnt always give good advice and I know when I last played torpor over time was cancelled by shooting a new arrow, so I guess I'll have to look into it and see is it mentioned in any patch notes or try and find some citation on it.

I could probably test it by shooting a dino with 1 arrow and checking the final torpor, then shooting 2 and seeing is it ~double the amount.
>>
>>123383693
Well I don't know then. If only the wiki were more trustworthy and not be retarded players filling stuff in because they can.
>>
Reminder that turkey`s are not for eating and dodorex is for being cuddled
>>
>>123383940
If you're in game could you test it for me? It would further Ark science a great deal.
>>
>>123383041
Com to nfa PvP. We're nice. Mostly...
>>
>>123384416
No bully.
>>
>>123383041
Tbh, if you join a private server you might never encounter another human (if you build your shack in the wilderness)
Just watch out for packs of raptors and tame some dilos to watch your ass. It's a learning curve but it shouldnt take too long.

Also some of the NFA tribes might take you in but I cant say for sure
>>
>>123384065
Test #1:
Spam five arrows and then wait until 30 seconds or torpor stops

It reached 420 torpor at 27-28 seconds and stopped

Test #2:
Shoot five arrows in five second intervals wait until 30 seconds

It reached 594 torpor at 30 seconds and went beyond for another several seconds

Used a crossbow

This proves it's better to wait five seconds in between, hopefully I didn't fuck up and do something like shoot a sixth arrow but it seemed fine
>>
>>123384416
Is there any single dominant tribe on Nfa PvP? (or 2 dominant tribes)
Or is it a pretty broad server with a handful of small tribes?
>>
>>123385236
Or shoot an arrow into the creatures head (which would yield 2.5 times torpor) but thank you, I'll do some testing myself later for repeatability and post results, I probably wont be on Ark until Friday at this stage because Im stuck in the middle of buttfuck nowhere for Work all week
>>
>>123385236
One criticism
30/5=6 so if you were firing at exactly 5 seconds you would have fired 6 arrows which probably explains the disparity, but if you fired only 5 arrows in 30 seconds then your conclusion holds
>>
>>123385568
I shot at 5 seconds, 10, 15, 20, 25 with a timer up

30 seconds is mostly meaningless but I wanted to see how they would compare at a time similar to when they should be stopping
>>
>>123385771
ah ok, well it makes sense to use the same time interval, it just depends on wether you fired at 0 or not.

Because firing 6 arrows (at 0 or 30) would obviously make the results useless.
Sorry to poke holes but this is how science works, got to weed out any errors, Ill get a raptor or something and do a few tests, see if they are consistent, Im curious now to know because if my tests agree with yours I'll probably go add a note to the wiki
>>
>>123385568
>>123385771
on second thought I must have shot a sixth arrow because i began the timer on a shot

im too fucking tired, stayed up til 3am last night and havent ate a whole lot

someone more autistic will have to do testing
>>
>>123385242
No, not at all. If shit ever REALLY hit the fan (like a Chinese invasion) all the former-Oceania tribes would probably band together though.
>>
>>123386145
Ill test at the weekend, but considering that it sounds like the torpor over time does stack and should produce somewhat similar results.
which is good to know because getting 3 guys on to spam hit a bronto with 30 arrows each and letting 2 of them fuck off home while 1 waits is a lot easier, can even set a timer for 3 minutes and munch xp while you wait, then fire a few more if it still isnt down
>>
>>123386279
>former oceania tribes
How many of ye are former aquafags? I'm assuming ye are the guys from server 355(?)
>>
>>123386424
I re-did the test.

Both methods had 420 torpor at around the same ~27 second mark. It must have no difference and the wiki is right.
>>
>>123386847
Good to know, thanks anon.
>>
>>123386279
>implying they wouldnt get banned
honestly a 35v35 war would be pretty fucking cool, imagine it
i just want to be in a tribe in a fight, to partake in all the comradery, win or lose
to start from nowhere and build up, to take on an established tribe or a simple race to domination
but alas i will never feel such feelings
>>
File: imcumming.png (940B, 167x16px) Image search: [Google]
imcumming.png
940B, 167x16px
>>123384416
I'll be right there.
>>
File: crus.jpg (79KB, 794x1023px) Image search: [Google]
crus.jpg
79KB, 794x1023px
>>123387112
Mfw getting some of the lads back together to join NFA PvP for some laughs.

How hostile is the server as a whole?
>>
If it helps, I'm sure that the torpor over time with a scorpion doesn't stack and you need to wait before hitting again to be more efficient.
Tranq darts shot with a rifle don't need the wait.
>>
>>123387783
This is correct
>>
Every time i reconnect to NFAPvP, i'm never where i disconnected.
>>
>>123385242
Many large strong tribes. Most nice enough to take people in.
Ruffled Feathers is probably top dog right now, but I'm not certain.
There's also Le chees'e, Coastal Monkeys, Skydwellers, Billy Jean is not our Lo, and Boroque Works.

Spelling may be off, I may have missed some.
>>
>>123387971
And i lost everything i did in the last hour before disconnect.
>>
>>123387551
Almost not at all. There's been more fighting between chungor and iron islanders in the last few days than the servers seen since it's creation.
>>
>>123388926
damn, sounds like a cozy place to start fresh then.
>tfw nobody from TheStranded still plays and even myself and the other fellowship guys havent played since the server closed
>>
File: Screenshot (37).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (37).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
wink wink :P
>>
File: laughing girls.png (477KB, 560x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.png
477KB, 560x500px
>all this autism drama on nfa pvp
>>
>>123389654
I may take you in. You know how to play?
>>
>>123389962
seriously whats ass34 (61)?
looks spoopy
>>
>>123390289
I've like 250-300 hours, Im coming with attachments from 2 previous servers so don't need a tribe but can always do with an ally to trade resources and use as an excuse to PvP.
>>
>>123390337
incest porn with me and my sister want to watch/ ;/
>>
>>123390147
Looks like you`re new to the game
>>
>>123390429
Just ask in global, people are usually willing to trade.
>>
>>123391295
Sounds good, thanks anon
>>
>>123391219
yes
>>
>>123391885
yes yes let me run Vbooter on that IP some more I really hate that diddy ;/
>>
How hard is it to solo tame a gigano?
>>
>>123392275
where the fuck is the porn though?
>>
>>123388475
>top dog
>not top burd
You fucked up there
>>
>>123392531
I think on regular settings with just raw meat itll take you upwards of 12 hours and it'll drain torpor like a motherfucker for those 12 hours too, so give it a try and let us know
>>
>>123392952
I honestly was going to say that, but I doubt anyone outside the server would understand.
>>
>>123393064
i dont understand the burd shit
please explain
>>
File: arkwhat.png (13KB, 375x325px) Image search: [Google]
arkwhat.png
13KB, 375x325px
I was wondering why, of the various screenshots I saw, there was such a huge fuckin' discrepancy in quality. Some of it seriously looked like an N64 game. Then I go to open the game for the first time and see this shit. I mean, really? Are there people playing on fucking IBM 603s?
>>
File: 2015-11-25_00002.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25_00002.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
lost and found
>>
>>123397762
Thanks mister Skellington
>>
>>123396290
I have a 660 and I have to use -nomansky and set everything to low except texture quality (medium) and view distance (high, because seeing farther away is good if you don't want to die). I still only get like 30-40 fps with stutter when I enter areas with lots of shit going on. Anyone with a card older than that is probably running minimum settings.
>>
>>123399386
running a similar card and settings but I've an i5 4670k so iirc my settings are slightly higher. I do still get stutters and stalls when entering caves or populated areas, or sometimes when moving into a new cell
>>
Anyone know if crop growths are boosted on NFA PVP?
>>
>>123395936
A few tribes on nfa PvP really REALLY love burds. (Argents)
>>
>>123401253
Crops and breeding is normal rate
>>
Does shit still explode when you swim it into underwater caves?
>>
God damn public servers are always ass. Teleporting dinos, lag spikes + rubber banding, and now dinos don't even spawn. Did the latest patch fuck things up?

Also should I use non-favourite kibble for dinos to speed up taming? I don't have any eggs yet but I'm planning to farm dilo and dodo eggs.
>>
Nfa pve will be updating in 20ish
>>
>>123404103
And does dying while flying because of lag still a thing ?
>>
>>123405296
Much, much less if it still happens at all since I think it was fixed, I know a fix was done to the underwater caves but it never happened on my server so I wouldn't know
>>
How do I get dilos to harvest meat?
>>
File: 2015-11-25_00001.jpg (223KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25_00001.jpg
223KB, 1280x720px
FUCK THESE ARE LARGE
>>
>>123408440
What's that?
>>
>>123408440
THAT'S the industrial forge? Jesus. What are the minimum dimensions to fit that thing in a structure?
>>
I think my second sarco just glitched and vanished. Does this happen?
>>
>>123413813
It shouldn't. How did that happen? Did he start digging on the ground until it fell through?
>>
What does the industrial forge even do?
>>
>>123415162
It refines metal and gasoline faster, like an industrial grill cooks meat faster.
>>
>2500 × Metal Ingot
>250 × Crystal
>600 × Cementing Paste
>400 × Oil
>400 × Polymer

this shit will be impossible to make on official servers
>>
>>123414074
Not it fell off a cliff and got stuck under a rock I rescued it.
>>
>>123388475
>big tribes
>Billy Jean
Really? Thanks anon! Also our name is shit.
>>
>>123417880
It's not gonna be fun even with boosted rates. Plus the damn thing's so huge people will have to knock down walls and expand their bases just to fit it in. We should all just get together and build a community forge near the volcano for the whole server to use.
>>
>>123419859
>someone destroys it

but that was probably the dev's intention anyway
>>
File: FIRST ONE TO TALK.jpg (71KB, 537x535px) Image search: [Google]
FIRST ONE TO TALK.jpg
71KB, 537x535px
Is Kami still in charge of NFA?
>>
>>123420737
Kami's been out for a while. It's Sentinal you want to talk to now, but I haven't seen much of him lately.
>>
File: oviraptor.jpg (432KB, 1024x662px) Image search: [Google]
oviraptor.jpg
432KB, 1024x662px
How are you enjoying that oviraptor, anon?
>>
>>123429026
What the fuck is taking them so long?
>>
>>123429661
In their testing to see if the oviraptor would pick up eggs they must have found out that dinos almost never lay eggs

The whole egg laying system is pretty much fucked except for dodos
>>
>>123429798
Why the hell won't these morons just make every egg behave like dodo eggs? Oh wait, probably "muh grind"
>>
>>123429798
Nah, If I had to bet it's some sort of balancing issue in regards to gathering eggs. The dossier mentions oviraptors as very tiny so as egg harvesters they'd run out of space real fast since eggs are pretty heavy.
>>
>>123429890
The egg laying system is correct for the dodos. It should work that way for all dinos. The difference being that the dodos have a higher rate than everything else because they are like chickens. I don't see why that is so hard to implement.

Stasis is a thing again even though they said it was removed a while back.
>>
Is NFA up? I cant connect.
>>
PvE server is dying van

help
>>
>>123436618
There's hardly any PVP on the PVP server anyway, all you faggots should just move over here and we can have one well populated server. If you're worried about losing your shit, join a tribe.
>>
>>123436884
I'm gonna have to agree with this. It's basically PvE and has the same atmosphere where everyone helps each other.
>>
>>123436618
Whats wrong? Latency?
>>
>>123437039
something seems to be making people dc and resources are becoming ungatherable randomly
>>
Who plays on the PvE anyway , besides the jew crew who got btfo from PvP (kek)
>>
>>123437029
Except Chungore. He has all the fun.
>>
has the game's optimizations gotten better since launch?
>>
>>123437521
Chung would get his shit pushed in if he pissed off the wrong people.

I'm interested in how the server would react if someone who knew what they were doing started raiding. Everyone's base has major holes in their defenses from what I've seen.
>>
>>123437171
Alright, going to change the autosave since that's probably what's causing it. The resources is probably a dev fuck up though. Will take the server offline in about 10ish minutes and this time I won't forget to enable anyone to stand on platform saddles.
>>
>>123437694
cool
>>
>>123437687
Ruffled feathers here, what are the holes in our defenses? Is it just the fact that we don't have many turrets on our ground base yet?
>>
>>123438175
lets just say you will find out when the great burd genocide begins

those birds are gonna get cooked
>>
>>123438310
>He's gonna shoot our birds ontop of the base

;_;
>>
>>123438310
Only hole i could find is in my burds
>>
>>123438985
its gonna have more holes in it soon
>>
Man, I spent like all day yesterday building a metal building only to realize my design is now not large enough and I probably have to tear it all down and do it over. I should have stopped building as soon as I saw grass poking out of the floor; I can't fucking expand because the floor is too low and the foundation clips the ground. They just had to make the industrial forge a 5 story behemoth didn't they? Fucking assholes.
>>
>>123437694
Going to have to reboot server again for the quetz saddle fix, the option disappeared from the admin manager tool.
>>
Can you put c4 on animals?
>>
>>123440021
see
>>123375485
>>
File: forged.jpg (183KB, 1320x880px) Image search: [Google]
forged.jpg
183KB, 1320x880px
>>123439247
if anything I'm glad they made it the size it is

real ones are much bigger
>>
>nfa pvp sperglords going hard
shm desu senpai
>>
>>123417880
>no Triton to tell us how two of us can just get all of that in a half hour while he fucks around

Oh how the times have changed.
>>
>the iron islanders
Am I the only one who thinks that they`re bunch of 12 year old neet sperglords ?
>>
>>123441067
Well, it's ball's tribe so no, you're not the only one.
>>
>>123441067
That's unironically what they are. Armaholic is 14 years old, Balnagghar literally has aspergers, and the third guy is probably on the spectrum too.
>>
>>123441209
Are these the guys threatening the burds?
>>
>>123442220
No , just some random autists
>>
Is this game worthy enough? It's on sale and I'm thinking of buying it
>>
File: Balanced.jpg (117KB, 494x458px) Image search: [Google]
Balanced.jpg
117KB, 494x458px
>>
>>123445923
it is because of how absurd it is to make it
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00001.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00001.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
van pls
>>
>>123444913
If you like survival games and dinosaurs, yes. It's just badly optimized so loading times are big and graphics are intensive. On the plus side the devs regularly put out updates.
>>
>>123447031
>loading times are big

literally only one when you first start it and thats only 1-2 minutes
>>
>>123437202
There's been like 8 people max from what I've seen. I prefer the PvE server because I'm afraid of logging on and seeing my base in shambles or my stuff stolen.
>>
>>123446992
What the hell
>>
>>123446992
>travel to the frozen north
>manage to farm up a decent amount of pelts
>Sabretooth dies while being tamed
>escape the cold with a sliver of hp
>get home and can't learn pelt armor engram

Why did I hoard all these points
>>
>>123347980
> people still using argents after get a mighty quetzal
>>
>>123453081
>> people still using argents after get a mighty quetzal
Both have their ups and downs
>>
>>123453309
dont think argents have a single thing over quetz except size, and if youre a faggot and care about saddle costs in this comparison
saddle level is 100% irrelevant in the comparison regardless
>>
>>123454129
Quetzals:
Require a behe gate to fit through
Has shit MD
Requires more work to tame and level up
Takes way much more space
But I would still fuck them both
>>
>>123456290
the comparison was argent vs quetz
housing has no bearing on the comparison because were not talking about exclusivity of dinos but nice try
their md is better than argents
their required work to obtain is 100% irrelevant when comparing which dino is better, and this has even less bearing than your housing problem
i already said besides size
your shit at arguing faggot
>>
>>123457080
>housing has no bearing on the comparison because were not talking about exclusivity of dinos
> I will spend 2 weeks finding a 120 quetz just to make it into an md/hp quetz
Have you ever tamed an Argent ?
Have you ever tamed Quetzal ?
Have you ever seen how much base % both of them get once you tame one ?
Have you ever built a pen for your quetzal or do you just leave them outside your base for wild chungor`s to devour it ?
kek, gr8 b8
>>
>>123458426
yes
irrelevant
yes
yes
yes
built
fuck off retard casual
>>
There's a birdman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
>>
>>123458426
>I will spend 2 weeks finding a 120 quetz just to make it into an md/hp quetz
W-what should I be putting my points into?
>>
>>123458891
HP/Weight/Speed - If you want more battle quetzal go more levels into speed or if you just want it to transport stuff Focus on getting speed/weight I found that the sweetspot for a weight quetzal is around 2000 for a battle quetzal that is gona airdrop shit you might want around 1700 (enough to carry 2 rex)

Quetzals are no ptera but its base speed is faster than an argent and I think that investing points into speed pay`s back quite nicely

>>123458426

The whole idea is that Quetzals don`t grow in trees especially not the high leveled one`s if you ignore that fact and the resources it takes to tame one of course that quetzal is much more superior than an argent My biggest complain about quetzals is the knockback on dino`s you`re attacking
>>
>>123459490
>he doesn't have a quetzal tree
>>
>>123460154
I have a quetzal fug box . Is that close enough ?
>>
>>123460154
>>123460369
had a quetzal mountain
23 of those fuckers
it turned out it wasnt a mountain though
needless to say they all died
>>
>>123460463
im sory for your lots
>>
Am I the only one who got very dissapointed by the new "event" ?
>>
>tfw you will never spend more than 15 minutes with your burdrex gf
>>
What is the radius of whistle commands for all follow and all stay?
>>
>Buy game because it's on sale, and $17 is nothing
>Download, install
>Jump into a random game
>Punch a tree, get wood
>Pick up rocks
>See giant boulder, figure I can scope out the area
>Climb i—
10 seconds into the game, and I'm stuck floating in the air and slowing starving to death. And also I just took a shit.
>>
File: 1443330676467.jpg (46KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
1443330676467.jpg
46KB, 370x359px
>I never get relies in this thread.

Does everyone play NFA? If so, how come?
>>
>>123472579
Well No Fun Allowed is typically the /v/ and /vg/ go-to name for guilds, servers, etc, so I iamgine if everyone is playing on them, it's because they're coming to this general regularly and want to play with a community they know.
>>
>>123472795
But isn't it only anons playing on there? So you have to fight other anons?
>>
>>123472947
Just like here. Faggot.
>>
>>123473147
>not teaming up with another anons to fight against niggers and ZOG
>ishygddt
>>
>>123473285
We already tried that.

Official rates and aimbotters suck, senpai. Maybe I'd be up for attacking a high-rate server with a decent pop but then abusive admins would just shut you down,
>>
>>123473285
i do agree vg on an official taking over an entire server would be better than nfa server
but theyre all pussies
arkg is the most casual g ive ever seen
theyre all bad at the game
cant argue for shit
and arent hardcore for shit

but most importantly
they arent DEDICATED TO THE GRIND

theyre casual scum
>>
>>123473653
idk what happened to 42
but 355 or whatever got bent over like a bitch and fucked raw
but not any bitch, certainly not a fresh young one
no, a old hag, one who was used to getting used roughly for a buck
their rome was built over months
but crushed in a mere few days
>>
>>123473807
>playing official
Never Ever again

You like aimbots? Having an entire weeks worth of work ruined by some shitter with hacks?
Go play official, we'll watch.
>>
>>123474090
What an autistic post.
>>
>>123473807
>they arent DEDICATED TO THE GRIND
Why the fuck would you be? Evidence over the months has shown that the people who grind the most are deadbeats with part-time jobs, NEETs, and people under the age of 16. There is no good reason to grind that hard in Ark other than to render yourself sterile, unemployable, and undate-able.
>>
Why aren't there any popular unofficial servers that try to be like official but dedicate themselves to making the server lag free? Every unofficial server is 2x or greater rate for shit. Where is the challenge?
>>
>>123474967
>not enjoying the slow grind where you kill shit with your dilo
>not enjoying building up your base
>>
>>123476661
I can ACTUALLY do that in NFA while on the ofical server id have a mudhut and IF I got left alone for 2 week i might have a metal base with few sexy burds... Wich will end up getting blown the fuck out by either the chinks or some NEET aimbotters
No, thank you
>>
>>123477702
But there's VAC now.
>>
>>123476557
>2 hour taming
>Not tedious instead of challenging.
No thanks
>>
>>123477759
>VAC
>Doing anything
My fucking sides
>>
>>123477759
vac for every game for which it exists sucks
but aside from manually banning people cheats can easily go undetected by anything
>>123478421
i think exp rates should be 1.5- 2.5, and getting your first berry farmer should require less narcs, or narc plants should not take nearly as long to get started
i think engram points should be increased by like an extra 120, especially early
resource rates max of 2
taming should definitely not be as tedious as it is and should not take nearly as long

desu taming time is the biggest mechanical problem of the game
>>
>>123479285
Then I can agree with you there, to an extent. NFA still isn't as bad as some places I've seen around though, as far as rates are concerned.
>>
>>123479579
I played a 40x everything once.
dozens of behemoth gate fortresses lagging the server CONSTANTLY, and it was just a kill everyone on sight because no one cared.

The only argent I had on that server got killed by someone rolling a level 288 ptera at me mid air. 1 hit kill
>>
Okay so I did some reading on those negative engram points and its a bug that's been around forever. Try drinking some of that mind wipe tonic. I won't be able to get on until tomorrow to try and fix it. What I can do if it's not affecting everyone is if you aren't in a tribe make one and then create a new character. I'll use admin commands to add you back into the tribe.
>>
>>123481698
I can't even make a mindwipe tonic because I can't learn to make stimulants, and I'm already in a existing tribe
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00002.jpg (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00002.jpg
386KB, 1920x1080px
is this good?
>>
>>123473807
We did that. Guess what, it got boring.

No one is stopping you from starting something, but a lot of us had our time and we got bored. If you're so great, you'd have a tribe ready and worth mentioning, but you just shitpost.
>>123474090
>what happens when ten people fight thirty people who use aimbots
>>
>>123485671
>until you got your shit pushed in
yea losing horribly is usually boring
>>
>>123479285
This is a case of balancing the game around the existence of large tribes. Large tribes with lots of people online, all crafting or harvesting stuff near each other are generating a lot of bonus experience that makes a big difference to leveling. I think that the bonus experience system needs to be changed. First off, double the base XP and harvest rate for the game, they're simply too low. As for the bonus XP, we should give it to SOLO players. Give solo players an additional 2x XP (so 4x from the current official rate), and speed up crop maturation, because farming is more important for a solo player than a tribe who can tame many dinosaurs for gathering. For tribes, take away the XP and crop bonuses and give them a bonus to tames and breeding. Depending on how many tribe members are present around the target tame, add up to a maximum of 10x tame rate. So if you are alone, it's the usual 1x, if you're with 3 tribe members, it would be 4x, and so on. Breeding should just get a flat 2x for tribes. This gives people an incentive to make tribes and act in groups without fucking over a solo player with lower levels and less resources.
>>
>>123486031
No, we had like three people online by the end because we were bored of nothing happening. The war we gave up on saw more life than we had for a long time, but everyone remembered why they quit as it dragged on.

Resource rates suck and fighting to save a bunch of ingrates from their inevitable end while they spit on you gets old fast.

Come back when you actually control a server and aren't just the bitch of the Chinese.

>>123486165
That's stupid. You need things that equally reward and penalize people regardless of tribe size, not things that incentivize certain tribe sizes.
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00002.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00002.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
>gone for awhile
>log back in today stuck in a wall
>everything is fucking gone but the structure is fine
>what the fuck happened
>bunch of dinos and burds missing
>check tribe log (didn't even know that was a thing until now)
>vision taming a bunch of compy
>vision was removed from the tribe?
>apparent murderspree once all the dinos changed owners and fought each other or something?
>all the dilos got killed
>my two burds and a bunch of dinos got killed by someone from the billy jean clan?
>and then it looks like some scavengers from the iron islanders got wrecked a couple times
>I'm still alive without anything missing for some reason
>come here
>see this
>>123286160
what in the fuck happened this past week?
>>
>>123485445
Alright, well I'll do something about it as soon as I can. I know other people on the server can make stims. Ask kel or fen, I think they can make them.
>>
>>123485623
>30k health
>1600% damage
wtf are you planning to fight that requires damage like that?
>>
>>123486763
The game's always going to reward larger tribes, because you have more people able to work together. A lot of people are always going to be able to do more work than one person. If we give too many benefits to solo players to make up for that, no one will bother to make tribes. Likewise, if you give too many benefits to tribes, the solo players will lose heart. You need to give tribes something, but you also need to give solo players something that can somewhat even the odds. This way, players have a choice about how they want to play the game, and won't be too hindered either way.
>>
>>123488941
Imo, they are two completely seperate playstyes and cannot both be catered for too much, in a Large tribe you're generally going to be in a large exposed base, using your farming man-hours to fortify the shit out of it, while solo players or even tribes of 2 people will be better off building a stone or metal cabin in the middle of nowhere and using stealth and farming to build up and maybe do some raiding.

I myself have built a "cabin in the woods" with 2 friends and we were able to keep an argentavis, sabre and a few other dinos there hidden until we had the material and gall to build a more exposed base.
Solo players have to play the survival game while large tribes, or small experienced ones, can play the geopolitical game.
>>
File: Burd genocide.jpg (439KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Burd genocide.jpg
439KB, 1680x1050px
If you`re going to raid someone don`t keep their fertilized eggs in your fridge
>>
>>123489548
I have an idea to try out. The devs stop lying about engine limitations and make a bigger god damn map so the solo players have a much better chance of being able to hide and all that and stop making the ttk and grind stupidly long.
>>
>>123488672
everything
>>
>>123489714
This is a quality fucking idea, but we will have to wait for more arks to come out I think.

On unofficial servers where fewer than 20 people are ever on at one time it isnt too difficult to hide out somewhere, and camo-ing your base isnt too hard, just keep it under foliage to hide from flyers and try and put it behind a rock or something to hide from raptors/sabres/wolves that might be out hide, chitin and meat farming
>>
>>123486165
i feel as if there needs to be changes, and unlike >>123486763
said there should be slight differences between solo, small, and other sized tribes, but you failed to grasp why exactly solo vs tribe is difficult
and your make believe numbers are rather horrendous
some of the concepts are alright

honestly though for 300 bucks i would send the devs an objectively better system for resources, taming, leveling, tribe/size balance
it wouldnt even take me 2 weeks
>>123488941
>>123489548
i would tackle the solo/small tribe adversities, but i think we should first make it easier for solo/smaller groups to find others, or established groups to take newcomers
playing alone shouldnt be forced on you because no one gave you a chance, socially inside or outside the game
>>
>>123490020
I posted on here the other day talking about my return to Ark and one of the NFA guys offered to take me in, unless you play on an official server I think the /vg/ community can find a tribe on NFA if they go looking.

Also there are find a tribe systems on the steam forums (I hope) to tackle this.
I think playing as a small tribe is a play-style choice, Its best to cater to both by establishing features which benefit both but are weighted one way than the other through their inherent mechanics, rather than some artificial modifier.

Just for example, if there was a dino gate made small enough to be built into a 3x3 cottage which raptors and sabres could move through it would hugely benefit both large and small tribes as they would be able to keep these dinos in very secure places, but would benefit solo/duo tribes more because as it stands they can only aquire the bare minimum protection for their dinos if they want to remain under the radar.
>>
Sooo... did the Iron islanders got f&cked ? Or the burd genocide was a success ?
>>
>>123488941
Yes it will reward large tribes, but you can set up punishments so they aren't drastically worse for small tribes. Taming upkeep is something that could stand to exist, but to do it by just upping food consumption will just hurt small tribes and be a minor problem for big tribes. Set some unilateral punishments.

>>123490020
Catch up mechanics are retarded. There is no reason x hours of someone in a big tribe should only be worth x/2 hours of someone in a small tribe, outside crybabying because you have to work hard too. Best case scenario with things like that is the big tribes split up, but still work together, which already happens on old servers with old tribes and long-standing "alliances."

I also have doubts your ideas are any good. You could post them but you're probably too afraid of criticism and have some dumb idea you'll get any money out of having them.
>>
>123490843
They haven`t been on today so most likely gave up on the server
>>
>>123490993
i never advocated catch up mechanics
and i never said any player should be given essentially by your words an efficiency modifier

your doubts do not concern me, regardless ive never actually produced any way to share my ideas and that wont change for the foreseeable future
>>
>>123489548
Anyone can hide a little shack in the woods. The problem is if you make a base that small, you won't have anywhere to store all your collected materials with which to build the more permanent location, let alone the means to transport them long distance to where you want to build. You need a metric fuckload of resources to build even a modest sized base. Also there's the problem of penning up dinosaurs. Birds are easy, park it on the roof and you're done. When you need to pen up a few medium sized dinos or a Rex/Spino you're pretty much giving up on hiding. Even if you use re-fertilizer, they'll simply knock the trees over every time you need to move them and you can't build a large enclosure for them without committing to a much larger settlement which will be easily located.
>>
>>123490843
They're studying the Koran in preparation for when the burd fags blow them the fuck out.
>>
>have 2 rex fertilized eggs
>both have triplets
>all have great stats

aaaaa
>>
>>123492085
The point stands, until you present your ideas you have nothing.
>>
>>123492291
You can move a decent amount of stuff with an argentavis, a 2 man tribe will need to set up somewhere discreet regardless of what game mechanics are implimented because more people = more shit. If you're playing solo you dont tame spinos, you tame raptors and burds. I've encountered all these problems and what we did was flew all the materials from the shack to the primary base we were building and set up over a day or 2, first the housing and then the enclosure, we didnt build any mega-structures.
>>
>>123492852
you cant even move a 4x4 metal with an argent that isnt beyond the scope of what were talking about
fuck off
>>
>>123493817
>you have to bring your entire base with you in 1 run
You cannot build a megastructure base covered in turrets and shit solo unless its PvE and you are some kind of NEET.
If you make megastructures buildable for 1 person then a new kind of megastructure will replace the old ones for the 4+ people tribes involving massive entirely enclosed multi-hulled bases.

Come back to the real world, its a different play style, so join a tribe or stfu, you only need 2 friends to make a decent tribe.
>>
>>123493817
A 4x4 what? Structures only weigh 2 each, that's a real shit argent that can't move that.
>>
BUMP LIMIT REACHED
NEW THREAD WHERE
>>
>>123494281
4x4 metal? are you blind?
>>123494192
4x4 isnt even a mega m8 gitgud
>>
>>123489703
Whose is that? I was wondering where Bob got all those eggs.
>>
>>123495815
Yea, a structure? That's like 64 structures... Or 128 weight. Want it taller? 256 weight for aa 4x4x4. You have to try hard to find an agent that can't carry that.
>>
>>123496930
>>
>>123496718
your math is absolute shit
>>
>>123496006
Nevermind, I'm blind. Were those yours? >>123496718
Thread posts: 766
Thread images: 100

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.