[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/JRPGG/ JRPG General- We're Back: A JRPG Story Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 34

File: 1335382403997.jpg (169KB, 1034x900px) Image search: [Google]
1335382403997.jpg
169KB, 1034x900px
This is the soonest I could make the topic again thanks to real life, sorry. JRPG time!

If anyone has any old general images to use for the OP or if they were willing to make some new ones, that'd be great. I don't really have any more.

Welcome to JRPG General.

Personal suggestion list, use this to see what JRPGs interest you, or add/edit a write up to help other people.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AiGmz8hhX0GHdFA5QmlPbVM0TWx1SHYydHB4YWxTY3c

Current FAQ. Generally the simplest questions have answers in here, so check it out.
http://pastebin.com/TpptMfNaP

These may be a bit outdated but here we go.

What are you currently playing?
What are you interested in coming out (no matter the region)?
Are you interested in the grind or just blowing through the game?
Kirby JRPG: Yes or no?

Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter is finally out in English. Go ahead and play it. Give Ys vs Trails in the Sky a try as well (not in English though).

Youkai Watch has come out worldwide, there is a demo on the Nintendo 3DS shop if you are unsure if you'd want to purchase it. You can also play as the girl character (Kate/Fumi), although there's no advertising that lets you know this before getting the game if that's your thing.

There are no NA Thanksgiving JRPGs that I know of, sorry.

Recommendations for Christmas JRPGs for the future are welcome, as are JRPGs that let you dress up in Christmas outfits. This would include (presumably:
Tales games
Resonance of Fate
Kingdom Hearts II (Final Mix/2.5 versions only)
>>
As always to start things off:

Playing: Not much of anything but I was trying out Ys vs TitS. Seemed neat. Need some other suggestions beyond Ys 1 and Dragon Quest IX. Also help me work up the nerve to start Days so I continue this stat maxing path.
Also managed to answer my questions about Youkai Watch, will bump that up on my huge backlog list.

Interested in: Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Youkai Watch, Xenoblade, Trails of Cold Steel, maybe whatever that Atelier Plus that's coming out is, Summon Night 5.
Grind or blow through: Take a guess.
Kirby JRPG: Yes, this would have the potential to be super creative. You could have him copy the abilities of enemies and/or put them in his party. I'm not even including people like Meta Knight or King Dedede, just the regular monsters. It'd even give ones that don't give you abilities a chance to shine then. You could bring back the animal partners too.
>>
File: 79c20926f84588c83daf505481a95265.jpg (104KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
79c20926f84588c83daf505481a95265.jpg
104KB, 1366x768px
Did anyone else want to make older Sue their wife after they finished Grandia for the first time or was it just me
>>
>>122387796
How is Grandia?
>>
>>122391532
It's a pretty basic game with a lot of 90s anime charm and a battle system that flows well but doesn't offer any real challenge at any point

There's a hardtype style hack that addresses the latter that I haven't tried personally but have read good things about
>>
don't die
>>
When does Golden Sun pick up? I'm only at the temple at the beginning but so far I haven't noticed anything special about it.
>>
File: google.png (5KB, 341x125px) Image search: [Google]
google.png
5KB, 341x125px
Why does this always pop up? Is it because of tights?
>>
File: 1445318248509.jpg (51KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1445318248509.jpg
51KB, 526x701px
I'm installing the GOG version of the first trails game.

However, I've also heard it needs some patches.

Do I need to install patch 2 and 3 from GOG? Or just 3, the latest one?
>>
>>122403903
I don't know. which patches does GOG offer?
>>
How do you guys decide what to play? I'm in the mood for am RPG, but I am having trouble deciding what to play.
>>
>>122400807
It'll never die.
>>122393107
Good to know. I don't find a lot of challenge in JRPGs anyway so that's probably a moot point for me.
>>122405361
Back when I was still doing them somewhat regularly (i.e. 1 to maybe 2 a year) I went for ones that were just based on crossovers or based on other media, because I figured they wouldn't take too long (oh my lord this backfired on Kingdom Hearts) but would also have ok battle systems. What do you think you're in the mood for settings-wise or gameplay wise, maybe that can help us help you.
>>
>>122405361
Whatever I haven't finished yet.
Xenogears, Cross Edge, The Guided Fate Paradox(if you count that a jrpg)
>>
>>122405361
I save portable games for weekends and holidays when I'm away from home.
>>
>>122412556
There's no reason SRPGs and roguelikes can't be counted under here, they always have been in the past. It was made in Japan after all, it's a JRPG.
>>
>>122400962
It doesn't. The reason it was popular was because it was the only JRPG on the GBA for a very long time.

I mean, it's better than Camelot's last JRPG offering, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>122400962
I like GS but it never really picks up. It's got some charm to it but if you don't like puzzles just put it down now.
>>
>>122417340
I mean, it's a rpg for sure. But "JRPG" usually means party based combat. Not Action rpgs or rpgs-from-japan.
>>
Played a bit of Secret of Mana today.
I'm gonna check out Grandia, Wild Arms and Tales of the Abyss to see which one I'm feeling like to play more.
>>
>>122427078
Does it though. Does it actually.
>>
>>122427078
>>122417340
The name is a misnomer. It's not called Jrpg because it came from Japan. It's A JRPG because it's styled after the type of rpgs that were coming out of Japan in the 80's-90's. a la Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.
>>
>>122427078
I'm pretty sure most of people that browse or used to browse here just go with JRPG as any japanese role playing game, just to avoid any kind of useless banter about what makes something a JRPG or not.
>>
>>122428832
I wouldn't call it useless. People who call Visual Novels or Adventure games "RPG", because they're story heavy or use particular graphics/perceptive, need to be corrected.

There are a lot of steam games that use "JRPG" as a buzzword to sell the games. Freak'n "rpg maker" is more popular for survival horror-adventure games than making rpgs. You can't have a discussion about rpg mechanics with them because most of them have never played final fantasy. They're like, "I'm making an rpg without battles, just puzzles" and I'm like "That's an adventure game, idiot"
>>
>>122430770
you can watch someone else play final fantasy for 30 seconds and understand the game
>>
>>122430770
I say useless in a sense that most of the times that discussion happens it goes on and on without any of the people that are discussioning it are willing to get convinced.

And it can get even more worse if you take on the meaning of an RPG, which can go from a game where revolves on getting your character stronger or any kind of game that has an adventure where you roleplay in it. I think people even discuss if most of the sandbox games that you get nowadays can be considered a RPG since it most of them has some kind of upgrade system and a fcukton of sidequests.

Anyway, that's the kind of discussion that takes a whole lot of time and most of people don't even bother changing their view anyway. When it comes to JRPGs, most of them I just tell from the gut feeeling that it is one.
>>
>>122427078
>>122428224
It's really irrelevant for this topic (we'll accept SRPGs and the like with no problem) but we'll go with what >>122428224 and leave it at that because there's no need to divide up JRPG fans.
>>
>>122427345
Which Grandia and Wild Arms, the first of each, or what?
>>
>>122438434
The first of each.
I'm just pretty much going to try some JRPGs until one hits the spot for me actually.

Since I've beaten AT2 I haven't played anything for real, so now I'm just searching any kind of game that makes me get glued on it. Or maybe I just need to take some time from games.
>>
>>122386064
I'm interested in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth even though the story games are a grind fest. I also plan on beating Resonance of Fate sometime before the end of the year, I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>>122439118
Well if you feel like you're burning out on them a bit into playing just take a break, so you don't ruin them or JRPGs in general for yourself.

>>122439271
My man, Cyber Sleuth is gonna be a good ride. I have a question about it though: Someone in here told me Lost Evolution went dumb and put a cap on the number of times you could evolve and unevolved per Digimon. Does that still carry over to Cyber Sleuth or are they back to no limits again?
>>
>>122441803
How do you feel about the small roster of Digimon? I'm happy were getting a decent looking game for once but I'm disappointed the amount of Digimon is so low.
>>
File: DevourCasshernNOW.png (78KB, 374x210px) Image search: [Google]
DevourCasshernNOW.png
78KB, 374x210px
>>122442362
I...didn't know. How small is it, are we talking like less than a hundred? How does this compare to, say, Digimon Story DS/Lost Evolution/Xros Wars Red and Blue?

I'm a little concerned now about the answer.
>>
File: Cyber Sleuth digimon list.jpg (1MB, 960x5480px) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Sleuth digimon list.jpg
1MB, 960x5480px
>>122442847
Well, when I say "small" I don't mean extremely tiny. Just look at this list not counting the two new Digimon the US and EU are getting(Beelzebumon Blast Mode and Cherubimon Vice Mode)
>>
>>122443059
Gah, no, I want some surprises in the lineup. 242 for a worldwide release is higher than I thought you were implying but could be higher. I guess it's because they are 3D models instead of sprites though.

Also is there no way to get Black Agumon and Black Gabumon other than pre-orders? I'm just curious, I don't tend to go and pre-order things and so I never know what remains exclusive to pre-orders (which to me is dumb) and what is just made available as DLC later (which I wouldn't like but I can understand compared to never making it available again ever).
>>
>>122443475
As far as I know, they're pre-order only. I don't pre-order often, in fact the last thing I pre-ordered before this was the KHII.5 Collectors edition, but I pre-ordered this because I didn't want to get jewed over by DLC, even though that'll probably happen anyway since the Japs got DLC missions and shit to extend endgame.
>>
>>122386064
>JRPGs that let you dress up in Christmas outfits
The World Ends With You has non-cosmetic Mr and Mrs Claus equipment
>>
>>122443646
Ok. Now this is probably a silly question, but would pre-orders like that be tied to your account or get used up in the game? What I mean is, you'd be able to get them again if you started a new game, right?

Because before the last era I'd seen (once, with Animal Crossing) bonuses from first orders where if you started a new file it'd get rid of the pre-order stuff, but obviously this was before DLC on consoles. Or at least widespread DLC on consoles.

And that sucks but I guess there isn't anything that can be done about it other than letting them know you don't like it/not pre-ordering, huh?

How about that one ad though that has an ENGLISH voiceover and then says "game is not voiced in English" though, eh? What a rude move from them to do (also I assume that this will not be marketed at kids to get then).

>>122443987
Wonderful, I will try to remember that for future iterations of the OP! Thank you so much.
>>
>>122444038
I hope the English VA was a one off, I didn't really like her voice and after watching a handful of hours of a walkthrough I've grown accustomed to the Jap VAs already.

I'm not a big expert on pre-order bonuses but I'd like to believe it's tied to your account and treated like DLC, since that's essentially what pre-order bonuses are now, just tied behind a stupid gimmick to drum up sales.
>>
>>122444381
As far as I can tell it's japanee audio only, hence the "not voiced in English" part in the trailer, I just don't know why they bothered hiring a VA to voice one of the characters that she will then not voice in game. If it was someone just advertising the game that wasn't portraying a character that'd make more sense.

Also she sounded kind of stilted to me but I'm sure she'd have room to improve if they had offered a second audio track. Now we'll never know.
>>
File: 1445559160021.png (261KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445559160021.png
261KB, 400x500px
>>122444739
I don't know if I'd say stilted. If anything it sounded uninterested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ31bu_8vlY
The soundtrack for Cybersleuth though is top fucking notch though and is one of the things I'm really excited about.
>>
>>122445326
Man I forgot about the music, that is good.
>Tfw out of nowhere they pull a SAO translation on the game
I want to believe that they won't but I'm still wary of Bamco. It IS Digimon though so I assume they'll try harder.

Also I really like that the starters aren't just Gabumon and Agumon, even if with pre-orders you can likely just negate that.

I just love that it uses the setting of the modern world too, it's really what I'm looking for my next JRPG.

Also I just realized, how are you supposed to get the new digimon/the pre-order digimon if you can't order the vita version?
>>
File: ToyAgumon_b.jpg (71KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
ToyAgumon_b.jpg
71KB, 320x320px
>>122445823
I have no idea as far as the Vita pre-order goes. I feel bad for Vita owners on that part since it seems like they're getting gypped, a friend of mine is really into Digimon and got a PS TV for it so I hope he can get the pre-order bonus. You'd be better off asking your local gamestore that question or checking online to see if it has been addressed by Bamco. I also have no idea what the starters are since I skipped ahead in my walkthrough. I'll end up getting Toy Agumon and using him and his evolutions though since he's my favourite, so the starters are just tools for me to get him.

As far as modern world as a setting for a JRPG, it's different from the shit I typically play, and I do know that JRPGs are typically fantastical in their sense of world building, so maybe having this take place closer to reality will be refreshing to me, I'm not too sure. I need to play it first.
>>
Hey /JRPGG/! How are you all doing tonight? It's nice to see this general pop up again.
>>
>>122446237
The video you linked as well as the game's cover seem to imply that they are Palmon, Terriermon, and Hagurumon, so that's what I was going with.

I also wonder how Japan feels about the rest of the world getting digimon that they didn't, but then I suspect that they'll have ANOTHER release in Japan where they get them again plus more.

Do we actually know that Cyber Sleuth will even run on a PSTV? I would hope it would but if it isn't whitelisted and your friend doesn't use a workaround for it if it isn't then he's in even more trouble.
>>
>>122447029
I'd be pretty annoyed if the rest of the world got some more content then I did for a game I bought. That's how I felt about the Final Mix's and the Zodiac version of FF XII. I think someone at the gamestop he got it from said it will work on the PS TV, but if not then he can get some other shit for it or I can lend him my Vita since I only use it for replaying FF IV and Dissidia at this point. It was pretty cheap on him so I doubt he'd be upset regardless.
>>
>>122446564
I think we're doing great, it's always nice when we can get people to come in and enjoy themselves again.

>>122447302
What additional content did XII even come with, wasn't it just making it so you can't make someone have every skill and a fastforward button? If there was more then yeah I guess I'm about to be a little irked.
>>
>>122447851
As far as I'm aware, Zodiac was just some small changes to force characters down a certain line and make them feel more distinct, but it still was a version we didn't get.
>>
>>122448398
This doesn't help solve the problem for the PS2 era but I bet they'll pump out an HD version of it that includes the international version at least as an option at some point.
>>
>>122451958
Yeah I bet money on the existence of XII HD in the next two years. I'm excited for the idea honestly. I enjoyed it.
>>
File: img_0_m.jpg (139KB, 1110x317px) Image search: [Google]
img_0_m.jpg
139KB, 1110x317px
!
>>
>>122439118
Why not play AT3, Ciel, and AnS since you just finished AT2? No PS3 or Vita?
>>
What have you been playing, /jarpig/? I got Utawarerumono, Atelier Rorona Plus and Shining Resonance recently but only started the last two. Rorona Plus is like Rorona but a bit nicer and with a bunch of music, and Shining Resonance is decent so far. I don't really get the personality and kizuna stuff, though.
>>
File: 1442228745603.png (79KB, 679x589px) Image search: [Google]
1442228745603.png
79KB, 679x589px
>Getting the golden claws from the Pyramid in DQ3
>>
Guys, I need your help.
I want to start a new RPG but I'm a bit tired of the Fantasy/Medieval setting and need a break from that.
Can you reccommend some games in a modern world/sci-fi/contemporary/whatever setting? I wouldn't even mind if it has magic or stuff like that, I just look for something different than my last games.
>>
>>122468009
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army has a very unique 1930s setting.
>>
>http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/133221080530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel
>The very act of editing itself is a statement of, “Yes, we can improve this. We can make it so that people will enjoy it more than they would in the state it’s in right now.”
More reason for Kiseki fans to learn Japanese.
>>
>>122468009
Earthbound/Mother2
Youkai Watch
Inazuma Eleven
Digimon Cyber Sleuth (not in English)
Digimon Story DS/Sun/Moon
Digimon Savers
Shin Megami Tensei (any?)
Persona 1-4
? I think that's a good number to start with.
>>
>>122468653
That sounds cool, thanks.
>>122469448
I'll look into those, thank you.
>>
DRAGOOOOOOON QUEST IN DA WEEEEEEEST
>>
>>122479126
Terry's Wonderland when
Rocket Slime 3 when
>>
>>122481586
NEVER EVER
>>
>>122457291
I don't really have the money right now.
I might try Ar Nosurge one day, but I'm not really keen into trying AT3, since I heard it's shit.
>>
File: 1381422923201.gif (17KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1381422923201.gif
17KB, 200x150px
>>122482178
>>
>>122482341
The battle system and dungeons are awful, which makes the game a slog to play through on the non-VN parts, but the story and characters are still decent. It also picks up the post-credits stinger from AT2, if you care about that.

I guess it didn't make much of a difference to me, since I found the gameplay parts of 1 and 2 to be a slog, as well.
>>
>>122485356
I will probably just look for a LP or something like that for AT3. If It looks decent enough for me I will try to get it in the future, even though I have a lot of JRPGs that I prefer to get for PS3 instead of AT3.

About the gameplay, I don't hate the gameplay for AT1 and 2. AT1 battles were really simple so they didn't really get in your way, while AT2 battles were pretty quick and it was really easy to do a fuckton of damage with the vanguards' specials, dual songs+Replekia. Actually, I kinda prefer that way, I doing shit on JRPGs that seem to be really broken.
>>
Oh, I thought this general has been gone for good. Nice to see it back.

Finished english SC recently and started the first Suikoden game (I feel like a slowpoke) on PSP. Not really impressed with the beginning, but I think I'll finish it.
>>
File: PramD3CutIn[1].jpg (22KB, 188x600px) Image search: [Google]
PramD3CutIn[1].jpg
22KB, 188x600px
Based mustard race getting JRPGs 12 years after they are released.
>>
>>122492407
Well, at least they've got to play it now.
I'm more happy if that means people will play more JRPGs.
>>
>>122488615
How does Suikoden game?
>>
>>122500041
Oh wow. I fucked that up. I'm going to be.
>>
>>122500041
>>122500530
What?
>>
>>122500041
>>122500530
I'm not sure if I got the question.
>>
Is Omega Quintlet good?
>>
>>122486928
AT3 doesn't have a lot of replay value. The locations were designed for 1 visit only. AT1 had hidden stuff behind breakable walls. AT2 you hunted infected reyvateils.

The only thing you'd go back for in AT3 is talk topics.
Ar Nosurge was kind of the same way. Which wouldn't be bad if they at least had something interesting to talk about.
>>
>>122509814
I meant, if I really get into AT3's story I will stop watching/reading the LP and get it later. Which I kinda doubt it will happen.
>>
>>122510467
The worst part about the series is the item creation conversations. Puts me to sleep. They're not even funny.
>Haha, the girls can't cook.
>Hah, they're bad at coming up with names.
>heh, they ingredients don't make sense.
>neat, a reference to another game.
>They broke character.
>This one wasn't even translated to English.
>>
>>122511647
I thought they were cute.
>>
>>122482914
Yeah, it's sad... But at least the main titles FINALLY return to the west.

Maybe, that gives to the saga some popularity, and the spinoffs can have, at least, some fan translation
>>
>get Stella Glow before release date
>guy at the store tells me he has been selling them since thursday

No way to migrate the data from the Stella Glow demo to the full version?
>>
>>122488615
You can't expect too much since it's the first game in the series, but Konami did a good job building the world up through all of the games. Most folks see Suikoden II and V as the best ones of the series, while III is solid, and most regard IV as the weakest/crappiest.

I had a soft spot for IV though since I liked the nautical setting and Tactics built on the game some more.

If you like lore and world-building over the course of a series of games, Suikoden is definitely worth playing all of the games for.
>>
>>122526298
Ain't it my luck to always play the worst in the series first.
Suikoden IV, Unlimited Saga, Tales of Legendia, Arc the Lad: End of Darkness, Atelier Totori
>>
>>122527386
...Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
I've only played Wild Arms 3, where does that stand compared to the others?
>>
>>122519742
I have hope (particularly for my friend that liked the Joker games) that they will be brought over as well as Joker 3.

I don't mind if it's fan translations, but I don't know if they'll bother if it isn't an official release.

>>122492407
All these JRPGs on PC, gonna be able to actually try them before doing them on the superior console versions, nice. Even if it is over a decade old.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (252KB, 1015x717px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
252KB, 1015x717px
Been a long time since I've seen a JRPG general.

Playing Rondo of Swords. The tutorials are no joke. If you don't get the mechanics well, enemies will wreck you without mercy.

>>122403903
You need to install the patch 2 first then 3. Basically, you need the older patch first before you can install the latest.

Which gives me a lot of headache in Grandia II Anniversary Edition.
>>
yo. why'd this general stop popping up in the first place ?
>>
>>122531045
Someone said someone was trolling the general before and it just drove everyone out, plus there's a number of generals devoted to specific JRPGs so that helped.

I didn't happen to be around at the time so I didn't know this happened and just started picking up the slack when I saw that there weren't any generals. I apologize if there's gaps in time between them if one gets archived, I get tied up with RL and no one else seems to want to make them (which is a shame). Or at least they don't want to take the effort to do it when it's missing. Hopefully it'll be around for a while though.

>>122530991
What exactly are his head flaps attached to? By that I mean what is holding that onto his head, is it a clip on or headband or something that isn't apparent from the artwork or angle of the model?
>>
>>122531045
It was a lot of shitposting in waves where less and less people would come back. Eventually there wasn't enough activity to sustain threads and it just died a miserable death. Even a level 99 Tellah had more vitality than JRPGG did before it stopped being created.
>>
>>122531045
Most jrpgs just split off in their own generals and there was a lot of shitposting and spoilers like how Osborne is Rean's father in Sen 2. I think of a lot of pointless generals are being made for Steam indie garbage which is pushing smalling generals under. There really needs to be 20 pages on this board.

Not much left to be spoiled these days so it's nice to see that the general's actually surviving more than a few hours.
>>
>>122533487
I don't know if that's an actual spoiler but if so aren't you doing the exact same type of drive by stuff that I assume happened before?
>>
>>122533926
That particular one was posted here before Sen/Cold Steel 2 was even released. The game has been out for well over a year now so everyone's already played it so now it really isn't a spoiler. Like saying that Aerith dies.
>>
>>122531045
Massive shit posting, dedicated spoilerfags, literal spam, etc.
>>
>>122534280
I still get the games mixed up and thought that was a spoiler from TitS SC, sorry.
>>
>>122536594
Why would that matter any more? SC came out 9 years ago, and Loewe died and most of Ouroboros escaped.
>>
>>122537191
What are the things that will be carry over when I start SC using my savefile from FC? I missed one recipe in my last playthrough and hunting all the BP for the second time is quite tiring.
>>
>>122537191
And I figured for a lot of people that post in JRPG general it would matter with it having only come out in English a few weeks ago if it was some big spoiler, I don't know anything about the series beyond what I've tried in Y vs Kiseki, so I was just erring on the side of caution for those that were recently experiencing it.
>>
>>122537361
I'm pretty sure it just affects dialogue and maybe your bracer notebook. Nothing like equipment or level carries over. Whatever it is won't be enough to justify another playthrough. I believe you can unlock some cutscenes in NG+ like the other games in the series but those are always contained in the single game.
>>
>>122538065
Is that so? I've seen people discussing something about "old" quartz and "new" quartz when they are playing SC. Is the old quartz from FC or are part of the SC? Just to make sure nothing will be missed when I transfer my FC save to SC.
>>
So I'm about to hit the Famicom crack pop for my collection. I've got the first four Dragon Quest games already.
I need:
-The Final Fantasy games
-Megami Tensei
-Fire Emblem(s)

Any other good JRPGS I'm missing for the Famicom?
>>
>>122539063
Lagrange Point. Just translated on 2014. Get it.
>>
Are there already people posting spoilers? No wonder this general died.
>>
I haven't purchased a game besides zestiria since june. I believe the last games I brought before that were lost dimension and untold 2. Did I miss anything? I own all platforms except a gaming pc. I have some money to burn.
>>
>>122505045
It all depends on what you're looking for. But if you were a fan of sailor moon/magical girl shows then you may enjoy it.
>>
>>122539063
It' not essential and you might not want to try it but there's this, by Square.
Look up Tom Sawyer's Adventure/Tom Sawyer no Bouken if you need to find it.
>>
>>122539063
>>122547253
Also this and its sequel, though again they are far from "essential" if you like crossovers and just want something to try there's this.

>>122545742
Well hello then, added to my radar...
>>
File: They are ALL THE BRAVEST.jpg (126KB, 526x719px) Image search: [Google]
They are ALL THE BRAVEST.jpg
126KB, 526x719px
>>122539063
>>122547351
This is the sequel by the way. Just to suggest things that wouldn't normally get suggested in case you're interested.
>>
File: lucier9.jpg (272KB, 569x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lucier9.jpg
272KB, 569x1000px
>>
>No lyrics in the ToZ op

What the hell happened?
>>
File: CUARERRUsAA5jeW[1].png_large.png (238KB, 400x248px) Image search: [Google]
CUARERRUsAA5jeW[1].png_large.png
238KB, 400x248px
>Valkyria of the Blue Revolution and a Valkyria Chronicles remake were both announced for PS4 in this week's Famitsu.

Oh fuck yeah.
>>
>>122558845
"Licensing isuues". Or just Namco.
>>
>>122559267
In other news, anon doesn't know how to save images from twitter.
>>122558845
Bamco EU/USA doesn't wanna pay for the real song.
>>
>>122559267
>Valkyria Chronicles remake
I guess Valkyria Chronicles sold well on Steam then? Or is it another PSP/PS Vita game?
>>
File: ben stiller.jpg (5KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
ben stiller.jpg
5KB, 251x241px
>>122461860

>expecting to get away scott free for robbing a crypt
>>
>>122559267
>fantasy setting

T-Thanks.
>>
>>122561210
Now the only thing is left is they to announce that it is also a highschool setting.
>>
File: never EVER.jpg (71KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
never EVER.jpg
71KB, 330x319px
>>122559267
>mfw it doesn't get localized

Glorious
>>
>>122559267
>want to get Valkyria Chronicles since forever
>gets out on Steam
>finish other games first
>somehow forget VC
>suddenly remember it and set out to buy
>REMAKE ON PS4

it's like im being trolled
>>
>>122562292
Does Sega even localize RPGs anymore?
>>
>>122562337
Aren't they going to release Yakuza 5 here?
It's not exactly a RPG but at least it means they bother to localize shit.
>>
How is legend of legacy? Thinking of picking it up.
>>
>>122558845
If you have the PC version for some reason just use the mod.

Or use the better mod for the P3: FES opening instead.
>>122560697
It's on PS4.
>>122562335
If you didn't buy it yet you weren't trolled.
I've got to get to my copy someday.
>>
>Those 3rd/endgame tales of battle themes

I always enjoy them.
>>
File: 1377006693252.gif (466KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1377006693252.gif
466KB, 500x391px
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/japanese-users-want-precure-warriors-game

I'm crying, it's so beautiful. This is the closest we'd ever get to a Sailor Moon musou anyway or probably to an action RPG. Please let this happen.
>>
File: 1416803620749.jpg (84KB, 606x340px) Image search: [Google]
1416803620749.jpg
84KB, 606x340px
>>122559267
>>
>>122569724
Meh, I think I'll buy it after all.
I don't own a PS4 and who knows if it'll get localized anyways.

inb4 english Steam release
>>
>>122576519
Whatever version you plan on getting today is the last day for the free DLC. Grab it on all versions if you want.

If you're outside of NA you have to get the PS3/PS4 versions through Namco's VIP website, if you're getting the steam version you have to do the same regardless of region. If you decide on the PS3/PS4 versions and live in NA they have the DLC (well part of it) on the PS Store
>>
I just noticed the Tales of general but it seems to be mostly fag shit and image dumps, shame
>>
>>122561210
NOOOOOO MOTHERFUCKING SHIT FUUUUUUUCK
SEGA DOES IT ONCE AGAIN
ANOTHER DECADE OF WAITING FOR A GOOD VC
>>
>>122577504
I want the Steam one and according to them
-----
Additionally this brand new PC digital version comes bundled with all previously released DLC, including:
Hard EX Mode (harder versions of skirmish missions in the main game)
Edy’s Mission “Enter the Edy Detachment” (a side story campaign)
Selveria’s Mission “Behind Her Blue Flame” (a side story campaign)
Challenge of the Edy Detachment (six challenge missions)
-----

So yeah, good for me.
And thanks for all that advice regarding the different versions.
>>
>>122578417
It's not even an SRPG if that's what you were looking for/expected/hoped for.

>>122579972
Ah, I thought you meant the Tales game, not Valkyria, sorry. Yeah I'd go ahead and go for that version.
>>
File: [VVM`}351%]FR]B)R9UX6DV.jpg (751KB, 1100x634px) Image search: [Google]
[VVM`}351%]FR]B)R9UX6DV.jpg
751KB, 1100x634px
SE's new title: Setsuna of Sacrifice and Snow

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keyzX-MawI0

It looks like Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light in my opinion,
>>
>>122582024
I'm really looking foward for the CT-like battle system.
That shit was so much fun.
>>
save
>>
>>122582024
>could understand 5 of those things before the :
I'm basically japanese at this point.
>>
I'm about to star playing Suikoiden on my PSP.
Does the game use the analog of the R2 L2 buttons a lot?
I've been trying to play this game since long ago because I fucken love the character designs.
>>
>>122585782
I love combination attacks even if they weren't always efficient.
>>
>>122592343
It's a fucking PS1 game. Why would it use analog buttons?
>>
>>122592564
Yeah, I love them even if they are just flashy.
Having them also helps making the party feel more connected, since you end up assuming that they come up with them offscreen.
>>
>>122593371
Sorry that OF* should have been an OR.
I ask because earlier I was playing Breath of Fire 4 and while I could move around with the D-pad it's annoying because the game was obviously designed with the analog in mind, it also seems like it would make heavy use of the R2 and L2 buttons for changing ranks.
>>
>>122593978
I think you can customize the button scheming on PSP when you are playing PS1 games. Like making the D-pad work as L2 and R2 instead of the analog.
>>
Should I get Eiyuu Senki?
>>
>>122595012
no
>>
>>122595426
Why?
>>
Just played a half hour of Grandia and I Have to say: Damn this game is charming as hell, too bad that the dub kinda sucks, but it is kinda bearable.
>>
>>122599323
There's a undub, but to be honest, the JP dub is just as shitty.
>>
File: 1437501395545.jpg (163KB, 850x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1437501395545.jpg
163KB, 850x1222px
>>122599323
It is time
https://youtu.be/nsTtNhNyA_o
https://youtu.be/BAtC1SzWSXg
https://youtu.be/-rNCbEtB1YU
https://youtu.be/zzx7Z0EvH5E
>>
>>122599323
JP dub is pretty bad too. Not as bad as the NA version but still the voice actors phoned it in there too.
>>
>>122600809
>DW3
That dub was bad, but it really lives inside my heart since it was the first DW I played.
>>
What is the best JRPG with the best dub and why is it Drakengard 3?
>>
>>122601756
>Obligatory Tales of Vesperia post.
I still have to see a JRPG with a dub that has a better main team.
The only problem that I have with ToV's dub is that Estelle sounds genkier than she should be.
>>
So why does God hate Valkyria fans?
>>
File: estelle good.jpg (47KB, 182x284px) Image search: [Google]
estelle good.jpg
47KB, 182x284px
The 3rd when?
>>
File: 1446362739501.jpg (292KB, 764x513px) Image search: [Google]
1446362739501.jpg
292KB, 764x513px
>>122604126
when you learn moon

do it for Anal Ass
>>
>>122604268

>>
>>122604268
But I am not that into dykes(I blame my Aunt).
>>
File: feccccaster398.jpg (127KB, 850x1014px) Image search: [Google]
feccccaster398.jpg
127KB, 850x1014px
>>
Are there any important missables in Stella Glow aside from the True End?
>>
Don't die pls.
>>
>>122561551
No series is safe from the dreaded death high school setting anymore.
>>
>>122619872
I would enjoy a highschool settiung with FF6 characters.
>>
Is Star Ocean 4 underrated or do I just have shit taste?

Playing the PS3 version, was in my backlog for ages because people kept calling it shit but i'm actually having a lot of fun.
>>
>>122624023
Well, from what I can tell >>122600809
Not only the game has a terrible dub, it also has some pretty cringy stuff. I don't know about gameplay though.
>>
>>122600809
Do I play Chaos Wars sometime with that dub or with the JP voices?
I do have it so there's no reason why it can't be my next JRPG...unless it has a TON to level.
>>
>>122601756
Kingdom Hearts 1 minus Lance Bass, is that cheating because of the Disney characters though? Mandy Moore was good as Aerith too. Also Billy Zane is a national treasure.
>>
>>122625557
Well, another reason to not to play is that it will probably be a terrible game.
>>
>>122628106
Nobody ever talks about the gameplay, they tend to just link that video. I'm expecting it will be mediocre at best but it would be nice to hear more about the actual game instead of just the atrocious dub. Do you have experience with the game or the company that made it or were you basing that on the dub?
>>
>>122628929
Nah, I'm talking from my ass too.
But I don't really expect anything from that game.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had a battle system like the shit you get from RPG Makers.
>>
>>122629121
Well it's an SRPG and I know that there's some leveling at least of skills, I thought I heard it's kind of similar to Phantom Brave? I don't know if a lot of RPG Maker games are SRPGs to be honest.
>>
>>122629789
Nah, the most popular shit that I know that are made from RPG Makers are actually those japanese indie horror games like Yume Nikki or Ib.
I don't know either if it's able to make SRPGs.
>>
>>122624023
It's looks fine to me. I have it,but haven't played it. People here tend to bitch about the littlest things.
>>
PxZ2 came out recently, didn't it? How did it turn out?
>>
File: feccccaster399.jpg (320KB, 850x1251px) Image search: [Google]
feccccaster399.jpg
320KB, 850x1251px
>>
>>122578229
Just discuss it here, jrpgg is where tales belongs anyway and it will give more life to the thread.
>>
File: feccccaster402.jpg (173KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
feccccaster402.jpg
173KB, 850x850px
>>
File: which one.png (1MB, 820x1800px) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
1MB, 820x1800px
>>122578229
This will always be the true Talesgen.
>>
File: 1447855375127.png (2MB, 820x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1447855375127.png
2MB, 820x1800px
>>122660372
>>
>>122660372
>>122661106
Legendia but only because it's not a sequel or remake.
They all pale compared to Tempest and Radiant Mythology though.
>>
Legend of legacy,Stella glow,sword art online or dragon quest heroes?
>>
>>122664039
DQH then Stella Glow then Legend of Legacy then Sword Art Online.
>>
New Valkyria looks so fucking shit, just another generic jRPG with massive swords and colorful armor.
I wanted the series to make a comeback, but not like this. Get fucked Sega.
>>
>>122670924
It seems (I know this isn't numbered but it still counts as the fourth new game) that the even numbered releases disappoint people while the odd numbered releases are the ones people like. So with that in mind Valkyria 5 should be great, right?
>>
>>122671361
>Valkyria 5
>ever getting made

In all seriousness, they did mention something about the possibility of having two different sub-series, so maybe.
>>
>>122671583
You got Valkyria 4, anything is possible at this time.

>two different sub-series
That just means a vs./crossover game in the future, like for Valkyria 6 or 7.
>>
>>122671839
Nah, they talked specifically about having a "Battlefield" and "Revolution" sub-series.
Probably won't happen, but would be nice.
>>
>>122670924
I wouldn't call it shit until we have some kind of trailer, but yeah, it seems way more uninspired than Valkyria Chronicles.
>>
>>122672160
Doesn't even seem to have that trademark painting in motion look about it.
What the fuck Sega.
>>
>>122672251
They can just say that since it is a spin-off it won't have this artstyle.
>>
>>122672464
What's the fucking point in calling it Valkyria then.
Just call it Shining Resonance 2.
>>
>>122672609
Valkyria will sell numbers, Shining won't, or at least won't sell as many. They've already done a ton of Shining spin-offs too, maybe those bombed and they want to make at least some sales with a more relevant name.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.