[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JRPG GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: tales of the abyss end.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tales of the abyss end.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
Will any "Tales of" game have a better ending than Tales of the Abyss?

Tales of the Abyss' ending in HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3TxaU_p41g

It is conclusive and well put together. Most characters are memorable.

Can the "Tales" creators top this ending for its own series?

Finished Zestiria but it left a lot to be desired. Too bad Abyss was never made on PS3 or 4 instead.

Vesperia, Graces F, and Xillia did not have great endings either.
>>
>>121713350

Fuck that game was good, PC release when?
>>
Abyss is hilariously controversial game, i never seen such an amount of polarized opinions and arguing about any other tales games.
Personally i love it above any other tales game with the exception of Eternia, which sadly i can't fully enjoy because there's no fucking skits in english release.
>>
Every game after Abyss has disappointed me. I don't know if it's just nostalgia but Abyss seemed perfect aside from the load times.
>>
What JRPGs do have good endings? Most are pretty bad, due to their whole "the journey is more important than the destination" cultural affinity, which leads to writers half-assing most endings.
>>
>>121724845
Dragon Quest VIII
>>
Question about Legend of Legacy.

Whats the point of weapons with the + symbol on them?

They seem to be about a particular element but I never notice any in particular about it, does the weapon have an elemental skill you can unlock with it or what?

Also is there a reliable way to get Giants, I think I'm about strong enough to take one down, but I can never find their areas anymore.
>>
Anyone here play Sword Art Online RE: Hollow Fragment for ps4? Is the game long? I purchased SAO: Lost Song and got it for free but it seem to be actually interesting.
>>
>>121732674
Took me around 120 hours to plat, it can last you awhile.
>>
File: 1442419440469.gif (2MB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
1442419440469.gif
2MB, 375x211px
>>121724845
Final Fantasy VIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i80UnLSujOA

FFX before it was ruined by FFX-2
>>
How do I know what to do next in ff7 after coming back to it after a long time (approx a year)?
The pilot in the Highwind is L11 and I've got the sub, not sure what to do next. I think the last thing that happened was the Weapon fucking up that island where Cloud was recuperating.
>>
>>121740157
>playing the original ff7
Just wait for the remake, anon.
>>
How do I know what to do next in ff7 after coming back to it after a long time (approx a year)?
The pilot in the Highwind is L11 and I've got the sub, not sure what to do next. I think the last thing that happened was the Weapon fucking up that island where Cloud was recuperating.
>>
I wonder why the hell AT2 has so many flashback moments.
>>
File: AAeSRVw.jpg (15KB, 340x300px) Image search: [Google]
AAeSRVw.jpg
15KB, 340x300px
>>121740673
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs
>>
I finally finished AT2. Really good game, but I don't know if I'm going to do the other endings, I will probbaly watch them on youtube or something like that.
>>
>>121713350
>Will any "Tales of" game be better than Tales of the Abyss?
Fixed that for you, and the answer is no.
>>
So, I will write my impressions now, to try to keep this thread more alive.

The game is pretty good, the battle system becomes more active from the middle to the end of the game since you don't have as many attack options, and because of that I took some time to understand how it fully worked.

The story is nice, and I guess I can say it is kinda original, even though is full of predicable shit. I think the best thing about it is the final boss, which you never guess who is until phase 4 or 5.
And the worst thing was probably phase 2, where you have to do a really long sequence of Infelsphere + having to clear the area with a few combats here and there.
Also, like I said before, there are like 3 to 5 flashback moments in the game, and even one that showed shit that showed stuff that happened 10 minutes before it.

It is full of side stuff to do in it, but it came to a point that it had so much shit that it tired me out.
Having to do Cosmospheres, Shop events, IPD hunting and dive therapy really made the game length way longer than I thought it would be.

I ended up doing Jakuri's ending, which was pretty interesting more because of AT1 I think. Understanding her situation was interesting, and making her develop feeling for Croix was pretty cute.
I don't know how good are the other endings, but I kinda doubt that they are as interesting as Jakuri's.
>>
>Can't even last 20 posts

Ain't it sad, /jrpgg/?
>>
Star Ocean 3 fag here. I like this game.
>>
>>121763516
20th post and 15th poster here
jrpgg can officially live
right?
>>
>>121767665
we almost made it last time. It's only a matter of time.
>>
Hey /jrpgg/. The Agarest series is on sale on GOG, should I buy any of them?
>>
>>121768938
I heard some bad things about the series before. I believe someone said the only thing decent were the waifus.
>>
File: rpg.jpg (2MB, 1772x1595px) Image search: [Google]
rpg.jpg
2MB, 1772x1595px
>>121763516
Maybe some actual fucking good JRPGs should come out.

>>121724845
I can't think of many GAMES with completely "good" endings. Ghost Trick's the only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head. Even endings I really like are frequently indefensibly abrupt, like TWEWY or Mother 3.

It's not just a game problem either. Most stories have bad endings. Humans are innately bad at writing endings. The mark of a visionary writer is being able to leave you completely satisfied at the end.
>>
>>121776246
>Maybe some actual fucking good JRPGs should come out.

The second an actually good JRPG comes out with a following, it'll get its own general.
>>
How is Tales of Abyss on the 3DS? Is it better or worse than the PS2 version?
>>
>>121784328
As far as I know, it's the same aside from loading times. Haven't played it myself, but that's what my friend told me a few years ago.
>>
File: b0266698_23442327.jpg (383KB, 1202x1800px) Image search: [Google]
b0266698_23442327.jpg
383KB, 1202x1800px
>ctrl+f JRPG
>1 match
Neato. What are you playing right now?

I wish I had the willpower to play anything but FFXIV
>>
Just finished tits sc and now feel hollow as fuck because it was the best feels ride i've experienced from JRPG in years.

Is there any other JRPGs with mindbroken MC, secret organizations, keikaku doori, politics and battle priests at the same time?
>>
>>121754985
I personally thought the game-crashing glitch versus the pen-ultimate boss of the English release of AT2 was the most fun I've had min-maxing in a JRPG.
>>
Finally finished DQ2.
I'm curious how much better 3 is going to be, since everyone loves it so much.
>>
>>121804754
>What are you playing right now
Fallout 4.

>>121805225
It's not hard to kill her quickly for the normal fight, but it became a huge pain in the ass if you were going for the extra CG from fighting her, like, 15 times.
>>
>>121804754
Pokemon Y while I wait for Stella Glow.
>>
>>121805225
I used the patched version, but if I had to deal with that I would probably end up stop playing the game for a while, since I felt like ending the game already at that point.

Now I'm thinking what JRPG I'm going to play next: Either FF6 or Nocturne, which I forgot to continue since a year ago.
>>
So what game have questionnaire at the start like DQ III and Langrisser?

Why most newer game don't do this anymore?
>>
Anyone playing through TitS SC know if I get to keep the quartz if I unequip them all off the character at beginning of chap 4?
>>
File: 1444864526450.png (742KB, 877x492px) Image search: [Google]
1444864526450.png
742KB, 877x492px
hello?
>>
>>121830950
This is RF Tides of Destiny, right?
>>
>>121832697
>Tides of Destiny
Or Rune Factory Oceans as it's called in real countries.
>>
>>121822175
I dunno i love that shit, Growlanser games did that a lot barring 4.
>>
>>121805060
The other games in the series
>>
Ded general, why bother bringing it up?

It would need /tog/ to be erased for this general to be back.
>>
>>121849591
Because I like JRPGs and like talking about them.
>>
>>121858426
Well seems like you are the only one.

Enjoy it i guess.
>>
>>121713350
>Playing Tales games for the story
>>
What's a good jarpig that focuses on worldbuilding? I'm motoring my way through Final Fantasies IV and X right now, and i'm realizing that I don't know much or give a shit about either of their worlds.
>>
>>121866268
FFX has an awesome world. Finish that one first.
>>
>>121866652
That hair looks like it's ported out of the sims 2
>>
>>121866268
Depends on what you mean worldbuilding.

If you mean a game with a nice world, I think some of the Tales of games do a decent job, like Tales of Vesperia or Tales of the Abyss.

If you mean a world with a lot of sidequests with minor details that brings more life to it, that's more hard to think of one. Besides stuff like Dark Souls which probably isn't what you are looking for, some that might do the job is Ar Tonelico, which has a decent amount of side stuff, or Xenoblade Chronicles, which has a lot of sidequests too.
Also, I think that Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky enters in this category too, but since I haven't played it yet I can't say for sure.
>>
>>121866268
>>121867234
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, NieR also does a really goob job bringing up details if you do all the endings. It also helps that it has a good story and an awesome OST, even if the gameplay isn't the best thing ever.
>>
>>121830950
Hello
>>
>>121866268
>>121867234
Trails in the Sky easily has the best written worldbuilding I've seen in a game. The lore is fleshed out, the church acts like a real church (not evil), technology and government are all detailed and believable. Running around in that game feels different from most JRPGs.

If you are looking for visual worldbuilding in a JRPG I'm not sure. Maybe Dark Souls like the other guy mentioned.
>>
File: sarah.jpg (19KB, 140x297px) Image search: [Google]
sarah.jpg
19KB, 140x297px
>we'll never get a remake of Shining Force 2 like the GBA remake of Shining Force 1
>no Sega games on WiiU VC ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_zH3AXVCU
>>
>>121880393
Why do you need a remake? Isn't the original good enough as it is?
>>
> TitS SC.
> Fighting Loewe.
> First turn crit effect, 12k damage on everyone.
> Game ogre.

Oh shit. This fight is going to be impossible, isn't it?
>>
>>121867070
ffx came out years before sims 2
>>
>>121880393
GBA version wasn't even an improvement imo
>>
> TitS SC ending.

I will admit, I cried bitch tears for a solid fifteen minutes during that epilogue + ending + denouement.

But still, holy shit is there a man worse than Cassius Bright?

> Sends his rookie daughter a fucking deathtrap (a gospel).
> Doesn't lift a finger even when the protagonists are going into hell.
> Only shows up like, twice, and one of them was at the end oh hey, sorry for you know, letting you fight the elite four and Weismenn equipped with a source of infinite power on your own, I was busy doing more important things like chatting with my dragon friend. At least I bothered to save your lives, be thankful!
> Antagonists are all-so-fearful of the Divine Blade but he sits around being a bloody bureaucrat for SC and being a retard in FC.
>>
>>121879801
Fuck, I finished TitS SC. Now what the fuck do I do with myself? I don't even think there's a JRPG of comparable size, scope, and quality even out and translated. If I knew moon, at least then I could play all the Legend of Heroes games.

Goddamn, even if the first 3 chapters of SC were monotonous, the rest of it was absolute gold. Hopefully we get TC, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
> TitS SC just came out.
> TiCS due out before Christmas.

Truly a good day to be alive.
>>
Remember reading something about LoH that it was like some epic poem that spanned several games and the story actually progressed over the course of the series. Did that mean the story of LoH including tits or just tits?

I love the idea of continuous stories, I wish ff or dq had gone that route
>>
>>121893379
I think it is starting with TitS. I mean, Sen no Kiseki is listed on Wikipedia as the 'Erebonia Arc', while Zero/Ao is as the 'Crossbell Arc'. If you recall, Crossbell is mentioned in Trails SC as a small neutral country between Erebonia and Liberl barely maintaining their independence from their expansionistic neighbours.

Different time periods I'd guess, but I'm an EOP so you'll need more details from someone competent.
>>
> TiCS dub-only.

There goes all the hype. I guess I can turn off the voice audio, but goddamn if I'm going to support a bastardization of the original product.
>>
>>121893769
Any other JRPG series with stories thatvsoan the entire series? I can think of tactics ogre and maybe shining force a little bit but that's about it

I can see why people don't do it more but I wish it would become more common
>>
>>121893907
Suikoden.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.