[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swgg/ Star Wars Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 771
Thread images: 102

File: 1446682079684.jpg (201KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1446682079684.jpg
201KB, 1600x900px
Rakghoul Event - Nov. 10
Battlefront 3 - Nov. 17

/SWGG/ IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL TECH/CUSTOMER SUPPORT FORUM. PLEASE CHECK GOOGLE AS YOUR QUESTION IS UNLIKELY TO BE ANSWERED HERE.

>For General SWTOR info and finding people to play with:
http://pastebin.com/Cp37vLab

Referral system is broken, ask politely in thread if you need a link.

>How do I setup Battlefront II?
http://pastebin.com/fsYU4BUC
>>
Hylo
>>
Gravestone really should have just been the Ebon Hawk, it would have fit better
>>
>>121539350
No it would not. You are retarded.
>>
>this argument is STILL going on
I applaud you autists for your dedication
>>
>>121539350
I'm curious to know where the Gravestone originates from. Clearly it's not Rakatian
>>
>>121539350
Just burn this thread and make a new one
>>
The Gravestone should have been the USS Enterprise, a superior ship from a superior Sci-fi series.
>>
File: han.jpg (50KB, 847x364px) Image search: [Google]
han.jpg
50KB, 847x364px
Adding the Ebon Hawk as some kind of important plot device would be incredibly fucking stupid.
If there's anything Star Wars works need to do is quit the whole self-referencing shit and dumb fan service.
>>
Going through SoR for the first time, and I'm told going at Revan solo is just skipping straight to the end and not getting any of the additional storyline I'd get in the operation.
Is that true?
>>
>>121539549
At least it's better than "le guild bank"
>>
File: 1439596647484.jpg (139KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
1439596647484.jpg
139KB, 1024x942px
>tfw no pocket healer slut to erp with in-between pvp queues
>>
File: 2015-11-06_00103.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-06_00103.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
Based Scorpio dropping the hard cold facts
>>
>>121539350
retard
>>
File: the fuck you say.gif (86KB, 991x435px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck you say.gif
86KB, 991x435px
>>121539831
I hope we get the option to kill SCORPIO. And to let HK-51 do it.
>>
>>121539741
>Just like how The Emporer is based of Palpatine, just like how the Sith are based off Darth Maul and Vader and Dooku with the red lightsabers, just like how the jedi use blue and green lightsabers. Just like how the sith use lightening because sheev did.
Emperor is not based on Palpatine at all outside of him ruling an Empire. Red sabers, force lightning and using emotion to control the force are all part of established Sith lore. These are not references you absolute fucking moron. This is called "lore", these are parts of the setting and the in-world culture.
Ebon Hawk is not. It's just a ship, and putting it in because we need a ship here is nothing more than a forced reference.
>>
>>121539952
go fuck yourself
>>
Guys, how useless if Hk-51 if I never had him before?
>>
>>121539284
Here let me do the line by line quote thing like you.

>What exposition?

It's called show and tell. You show the Ebon Hawk, everyone playing knows what it is even if the characters don't, but they'll immediatly recognize it as their ticket out of there, and that's really what they're looking for.

>WHY? It is not iconic you cockfaced idiot. It's just a fucking ship.

Of course it's iconic. It's the first thing you see in KotoR 2. There's a server named after it. The whole personal starship system is inspired its framework.

>AND WHERE THE FUCK IS THE STORYTELLING IN THE SHIP BEING EBON HAWK?

It's a ship they can use to get off the planet. It's a useful ship for sneaking around Zakuul space. It has a backstory, it has a history. That's what its story is.

>Where exactly is it forcibly referencing shit just for the sake of reference? Do provide examples.
Red sabers for the bad guys. Lightening coming out of the hands of bad guys. Dark colors for the bad guys. Smugglers who are suave and cunning and use blasters. Bounty hunters with jetpacks. The list goes on pally.
>>
Hk-51 would have been better if he was just hk47
>>
File: what a time.jpg (37KB, 468x341px) Image search: [Google]
what a time.jpg
37KB, 468x341px
>just got done with Coruscant
>all quests on both Tython and Coruscant, exploration and heroics included
>4 daily FP
>level 35
>>
File: 1332100886708.jpg (7KB, 236x251px) Image search: [Google]
1332100886708.jpg
7KB, 236x251px
>turning zakuul upside down just to get revenge
Feels good to be Sith
>>
>>121540003
And where do you think lore comes from? People took those references from the iconcism of the source material and expanded on them. They didn't have to use lightening, they could have used fire, or some other destructive natural element.

The propensity for Star Wars storytellers to expand and use the things from previous source material is where the new stories come from. It's not from "it is what it is m8 they thought it up and it just happens to connect with everything". That's not an argument. There's no evidence. That inworld culture grows from extrapolating scenes of imagery from the movies and source material inspired from the movies and so on.
>>
i love deception pvp
>>
>>121540338
>It's called show and tell. You show the Ebon Hawk, everyone playing knows what it is even if the characters don't, but they'll immediatly recognize it as their ticket out of there, and that's really what they're looking for.
And what does it add to the story? What plot points does it unveil, introduce or explore upon?
>Of course it's iconic. It's the first thing you see in KotoR 2. There's a server named after it.The whole personal starship system is inspired its framework.
This doesn't make a thing iconic.
>It's a ship they can use to get off the planet. It's a useful ship for sneaking around Zakuul space. It has a backstory, it has a history. That's what its story is.
And where is the storytelling in the ship being explicitly Ebon Hawk while nobody recognizes it as such? This is not storytelling. There is no story to tell.
>Red sabers for the bad guys.
This is established Sith lore, not a reference.
>Lightening coming out of the hands of bad guys.
Established Sith lore, not a reference.
>Dark colors for the bad guys.
Established Sith lore, not a reference.
>Smugglers who are suave and cunning and use blasters.
Smugglers are supposed to be rogue outlaws, meaning they are charming scoundrels. It's not a reference again.
>Bounty Hunters with jetpacks.
This is what Bounty Hunters use in-world. Not a reference.

See, you're mistaking parts of the lore, which means "how the fictional world works and what rules govern it" with references. Which means you're simply retarded.
>>
>>121540338
Alright, if you think you're so much better at writing than anyone Bioware has employed, come up with a feasible situation for the Ebon Hawk to be in the Endless Swamp on Zakuul
>>
File: 2297739.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2297739.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
I'd lick a twi'lek's lekku
>>
>>121540886
Well see the problem is you think an argument is just "counter point no evidence my head cannon rules yours"

The fictional world of star wars, "the lore" is built off the imagery of the films. Writers who expand on the universe take the imagery and give it reason. From your perspective you're saying the lore came before the movies which honestly m8 is just delusional and actually you are the one who is retarded especially if you mechanically are wasting your time to so lengthly copy and paste such a redundant argument which has no weight or reason to it.
>>
>>121540729
>People took those references from the iconcism of the source material and expanded on them.
People took what was shown in the movies and expanded upon that. That is all there is to it.
And yes, in-world it is what it is m8 and they thought it up and it just happens to connect with everything because it's retroactive.
Palpatine uses lightning -> lore grows stating that Force Lightning is a Sith technique channeling dark side of the force -> Tyrannus uses it and multiple other Sith do.
This is not a reference, this is called world building.
>>
>>121541283
Do explain where exactly is the storytelling in the ship being Ebon Hawk and what story does this tell.
Show me the exposition created by the ship being Ebon Hawk. Which part of the plot does it develop?
>>
>>121541145
i wanna fuck darth talon
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-04+at+10.24.27).jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-04+at+10.24.27).jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>121540114
>>
File: 08.jpg (84KB, 520x724px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
84KB, 520x724px
>>121541665
>no darth talon gf
>>
File: 1434784181771.jpg (30KB, 283x438px) Image search: [Google]
1434784181771.jpg
30KB, 283x438px
>>121541921
>no darth talon figurine to cum on
>>
File: 1443791652937.png (65KB, 136x191px) Image search: [Google]
1443791652937.png
65KB, 136x191px
>>121540338

Dude, having the EH around just for the sake of having a kinda recognizable old element from the series would be lazy as fuck.

Why would you even defend something like that is beyond me, it's on par with Lucas shoehorning the droids in the prequels for little reason besides "HEY REMEMBER THESE FUNNY GUYS? WELL THEY'RE HERE TOO!"
>>
>>121541283
>The fictional world of star wars, "the lore" is built off the imagery of the films. Writers who expand on the universe take the imagery and give it reason.
Congratulations, you now begin to understand how lore building works. Now you have to understand that it's a circle. Vader using a red saber builds lore saying that the Sith use red sabers. Now Vader uses a red saber because he's Sith. Jabba is a greedy cunning fatass bastard. His species is Hutt. Hutt are a race of greedy cunning fatass bastards. Jabba is a greedy cunning fatass bastard because he's a Hutt.
Is your tiny brain beginning to understand this now?
Does the spark of understanding why shoehorning Ebon Hawk into the Zakuul swamps has nothing in common with any of this appear maybe?
>>
>>121540084
fuck off scorpio
>>
>>121541004
You don't need to. Here let me show you how the story could have been improved while still keeping it suspenseful.

Chapter 1:
Only bring the PC to the bridge. Marr's whereabouts are unknown, we can bring him back alive later. Killing him off was retarded because he's the only complex imperial character left.

Chapter 2:
Lana and Theron save the Outlander with T7 and hk55 there is no Koth. Vaelyn destroys the reactor in a less dramatic way.

>Chapter 3
They crash land in the swamp and discover the Ebon Hawk but don't know what it is. They get back into flying shape quickly because it doesn't seem too badly damaged. Like it landed and was abandoned. Skytroopers discover them they meet Senya, there's no retarded scene where you lift the ship out of the mud and the ship outruns the Zakuul fleet just as it fires, just like how the Millenium Falcon outran the Empire (as the scene is heavily referencing that jump).

Chapter 4
You land on Odessen. Theran takes you to meet a contact that Lana doesn't know about, he's keeping a secret from her. The tension is that while everyone is working together there are still a few secrets here and there. The reason Theran doesn't want Lana to know because he's taking you to meet someone who will outfit the ship with cloaking device. Then you meet the Scions and you return to Zakuul for chapter 5 (i think i might be messing up the chapters.)

Chapter 6 goes normally, except you can bring Theran to smooth talk the heralds instead of Senya

Chapter 7 - 8

I'm sure I'm missing something but Scorpio does her thing with the ship and says it has an interesting history. It gets locked down. Yadda yadda free docking clamps, cloak the ship, tension when it doesn't work, scorpio fixes it, you blast off.

Chapter 9
Instead of your regular ship you use the ebon hawk

there much better. leaves more utility for future plot points than just "blow up the fleet".
>>
>empress of the sith
I wonder when we get to meet her
>>
>this whole argument
Who let George back in the threads?
>>
>>121542483
And what does having the ship be explicitly Ebon Hawk add to the story outside of a pointless reference to the old game?
And why is it even on Zakuul if it was abandoned on Dromund Kaas?
>>
>>121542483
Why do you keep calling Theron "Theran"?
>>
>>121542483

You could do that with literally any ship, not just he Ebon Hawk. "oh this ship has some history to it (wink wink nudge nudge)" isn't fucking story or development or whatever you're calling it now. It's shit.
>>
>>121542483
Why use docking clamps on such a tiny ship?
Since when can Ebon Hawk cloak?
Why would SCORPIO mention the ship's history or want to come with you?
>>
>>121542764
it's a fanfiction.net tier shitty reference.
"this has no bearing on the story or anything but know that your belt was once used by julius caesar"
>>
>>121540338
>Red sabers for the bad guys. Lightening coming out of the hands of bad guys. Dark colors for the bad guys. Smugglers who are suave and cunning and use blasters. Bounty hunters with jetpacks. The list goes on pally.

These kind of references are equivalent to the smuggler ship looking like the Ebon Hawk.

Actually bringing the Ebon Hawk back would be more along the lines of replacing Vitiate in the story with Sheev and replacing Shae Vizla with Boba Fett even though neither of them fucking belong in this era.
>>
>>121542483
>They crash land in a ZAKUUL swamp and discover the Ebon Hawk
a sith wizard did it
>>
>>121542501
>bitch this is MY empire
realistically with the death of most of the dark council you pretty much are unstoppable.
>>
Ebon Hawk is overrated anyway. I don't see the big deal about it
>>
>>121543036
literally just one autist who can't let go of his childhood
>>
>>121542126
i've always wanted to cum on a fig, going to try it out if i ever end up living alone
>>
>>121543036

There is no big deal about it. It's a ship you steal from a crime lord because it was faster than the other ships you might have been able to steal at that exact moment. That's its one claim to fame. Being faster than any other ship that was immediately obtainable.
>>
>>121542964
it's hard to even call these references. it's just what everyone knows sith and smugglers do, common knowledge.
if you had a calm and collected villain using a curved hilt lightsaber, that's a reference.
>>
>>121542220
You're just rephrasing what I've already said and trying to act like you're smart when really you're just simple minded.

The Ebon Hawk isn't the key to plot development, since you clearly don't read anything I've written let me rephrase everything for you simply as not to stress your peanut brain (since this is clearly how you like to talk to people who disagree with you).

The Gravestone is a shit idea. Replacing it with a ship less important to the conclusion of the story makes the story more suspenseful and overall just better. Using the Ebon Hawk adds more character to the story without taking too much time in exposition explaining what it is and leaves future side points for the story of the ship to be exposed. The Ebon Hawk is the only ship in the KotoR/SwtoR lore that allows for this to work because its backstory is already established, and it fits the role perfectly and simplifies the story without making it less complex and adding more depth and lore and suspense and other characteristics to it.

Does that penetrate your lemur mind bby?
>>
>>121543028
Does this mean SW/SI can become the new Sith Emperor?
>>
File: 1368378150592.jpg (28KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1368378150592.jpg
28KB, 300x500px
Even if the Ebon Hawk was in there instead of the Gravestone, Koth would've taken it for himself anyway.
>>
>>121543349
>Using the Ebon Hawk adds more character to the story

This is why everyone hates you. It doesn't add character to the story at all unless "character" is some code word for cringey references and forced callbacks.
>>
>>121543349
>its backstory is already established

like being abandoned on Dromund Kaas three hundred years ago
>>
Jesus christ somebody make an ebon hawk general to contain these fucking autists
>>
>>121543349
>The Ebon Hawk is the only ship in the KotoR/SwtoR lore that allows for this to work because its backstory is already established

No backstory is needed for a fucking ship. It's a ship, it's airtight, and it has a hyperdrive. There's your fucking backstory.
>>
>>121542126
>>121543169
I came on a lego Ahsoka a few years back. A good couple times, actually. I was going through a weird phase.
>>
>>121543349
Using Ebon Hawk is nothing more but a forced reference to KoTOR. It can be any other ship.
The only thing it adds is that people who played KoTOR can pat themselves on the back and go all like WOW IT'S EBON HAWK. Outside of that it's absolutely meaningless if it's that ship or a run-down D5-Mantis.
Absolutely nothing is added to the plot or to the theme of the story, making using Ebon Hawk nothing more than a shoehorned callback, or if you will, a forced reference.

Also, how do you put it on Zakuul if it was abandoned on Dromund Kaas hundreds of years earlier?
>>
>>121543367
V I T I A T E
>>
>>121542795
Fine put it in a hanger and have the hanger drop a forcefield preventing it's escape. SCORPIO wants to come with you because she knows who you are and that you're fighting against Arcann she wants what Arcann stole from her.

>>121542630
Because Consular storyline.

>>121542764
Because it's better than nothing. It's something. Everyone here is talking about lore. It's a part of Swtor lore. It has more lore than other ship, and it can have more lore added to it faster than introducing a new ship. It's the same difference as having Theron over Koth. Theron doesn't need the exposition, but he can have Koth's role layered onto him. Koth needs the expostion ontop of his role, and if he doesn't get it, he becomes a shit character.
>>
Is it just me, or does ingame Valkorion look like Christoper Lee?
>>
>>121543731
He's not interested in that position anymore.
>>
>>121543745
>Because it's better than nothing. It's something. Everyone here is talking about lore. It's a part of Swtor lore. It has more lore than other ship, and it can have more lore added to it faster than introducing a new ship.
You don't need a backstory for a fucking ship that's only there for you to run away from a planet. Not to mention that making it a very specific ship with it's place in the previous games' lore you're forcing in a callback to those games for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>121543745
>Because it's better than nothing. It's something.

Forced references are not better than nothing m8

>It's the same difference as having Theron over Koth

No it isn't. Your character already worked with Theron. Lana already worked with Theron. It makes perfect sense for him to be called in when the two of you need more assistance, like it or not. The Ebon Hawk is just an asspull from nowhere that has no connection to your character and no reason to be around other than >>121543725
>people who played KoTOR can pat themselves on the back and go all like WOW IT'S EBON HAWK
>>
>ITT: Angry neckbeards arguing with a literal 12 year old
>>
>>121544176
gotta have something to do in between fap sessions, am i rite fellow neckies?
>>
>>121544176
I'm actually amazed this conversation has held for this long.
>>
>>121543635
that's pretty hot, got any pictures?
>>
If I keep myself overleveled, do I have to upgrade gear or can I keep using whatever since it will scale regardless.
Asking again because it got forgotten in previous thread.
>>
>>121543497
Character just means it makes the story more interesting than it just moving it emotionally from point A to B. Everyone is suggesting just use any old ship. But wouldn't it be better to use a ship that is already established? What if none of the companions or characters return in KotFE? Would you have like that? Since we have established that companions do come back, and it keeps the story moving fluidly by showing and not telling, why not bring back the Ebon Hawk and do the same?

>>121543521
300 years is a long time. It's not hard to make up a simple explination. It got discovered, mothballed, it was fixed up and used to prospect wild space for minerals, found Zakuul, landed discreetly on the marsh to take readings, crew gets eaten by wildlife. done.

>>121543725
Read above for your second question. And what is added to the plot? The continuing story of the Ebon Hawk is added. Future plot points of rediscovering its history, there's more to the Ebon Hawk than using a nameless ship, and it doesn't have to become a major plot point like the Gravestone.

I still think it's fits better as a replacement for the Gravestone. Thematically if the discovery of the gravestone is supposed to be "destiny", then a ship that has been connected to two legendary should fit that bill. I think it's a good way to continue the legacy of KotoR, but if everyone can only see it as a forced reference, and something that can be continued to be developed, then I can't change your mind outside of the arguments I've posted.
>>
>tfw game assumes you give half a shit about lana
>>
>>121544684
It was years ago. Didn't own a camera of any sort then, don't now. Thing's lost, too. Plus I washed it after every time
>>
>>121544858
because the Ebon Hawk has literally zero references in SWTOR and it's literally just your fanboyism that's sustaining this argument
>>
>>121544858
I think you're missing the point of the Gravestone entirely. There's little to no hope of defeating Arcann's army except for the deus ex machina right under their noses.
>>
really bad thread and really bad times
>>
>>121545258
It's pretty solid evidence that people are convinced their own shit doesn't stink.
>>
File: pure and perfect waifu.png (324KB, 368x665px) Image search: [Google]
pure and perfect waifu.png
324KB, 368x665px
>best sith waifu isn't even a romance option
>or a proper companion

You fucked up, Bioware.

You really fucked up.
>>
File: swtor 2015-11-06 05-26-15-95.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-11-06 05-26-15-95.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
FUCK WHOEVER MADE THE HK-51 QUEST
>>
>>121544858
>Character just means it makes the story more interesting

contrived bullshit doesn't make stories more interesting.

> What if none of the companions or characters return in KotFE? Would you have like that?

Do you seriously not understand the difference between continuing the story of a character who has already interacted with the main character and been a part of this story, and dragging a relic out of a different story and forcing it in?

>300 years is a long time. It's not hard to make up a simple explination. It got discovered, mothballed, it was fixed up and used to prospect wild space for minerals, found Zakuul, landed discreetly on the marsh to take readings, crew gets eaten by wildlife. done.

I thought the point of using such a familiar ship was to save time on exposition. This seems like quite the opposite.

>The continuing story of the Ebon Hawk is added. Future plot points of rediscovering its history

No one cares about the ship's story or history.It's a ship.

>there's more to the Ebon Hawk than using a nameless ship

Yeah, you know what the Ebon Hawk has that a nameless ship doesn't? A name. Look, my Smuggler renamed his ship the Superb Owl. Now it's just as special and plot relevant as the Ebon Hawk.
>>
>>121545040
But you're only saying that because that's the solution Bioware has Tentativly presented. The whole reason we're having this argument is because I think that finding this wondership that can destroy fleets in a swamp, and that we can replace it with a ship that's still a "wondership" but isn't as important to the conclusion of the story.

The conclusion can be more complex then "shoot laser win war". And it should be more complex. But the Gravestone is such an important part of the story, to keep the cohesion of the themes already present without drastically rewriting anything but the inevitable Deus Ex ending is by putting in a ship that can fill the role that people already like and know without adding tons of convoluted new backstory.

I don't want the ending to be shit because you shoot a laser walk into the throne room and win. Star Wars has always been about the scrappy little guy fighting the big bad guy. There's no tension or suspense to the story when your character already has the "I win button".
>>
>>121545471
>implying she doesn't take cocks on a daily basis on Nar Shaddaa
>>
>>121545580
I mean, you signed up for it when you started playing a Bioware game
>>
>>121545640
I bet she doesn't even know what a dick is
>>
would you pay for an explicit sex cutscenes dlc?
>>
>>121545539
Your argument

>IT'S JUST A SHIP. SHIPS CAN'T HAVE STORY OR NAMES UNGA

I guess the Enterprise, Normandy SDF1 are just ships too and there is no reason to carry their names forward into new seasons or sequels. I mean there's no legacy or interesting backstory behind those names right?
>>
>>121545768
not with those models
>>
>>121545768
Only if it's explicitly NOT modeled by Bioware
>>
>>121545580
>slightly souped up otherwise generic freighter
>wondership

holy shit you're deluded
>>
File: Valk.jpg (139KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Valk.jpg
139KB, 1680x1050px
>>121543839
Eh, maybe a little.
>>
>>121545768
>the awkward stiff, unnatural animation
>the awkward clipping

Oh man

No, no
>>
File: thems the breaks.jpg (131KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
thems the breaks.jpg
131KB, 1440x900px
>>121545539
I mean, I'd respect a ship named the Superb Owl.
>tfw can't go back and view cutscenes with different armor/pick different responses
>>
>>121545682
To be fair man, I've bought every Bioware game since Baulder's Gate 2 with my own money. To see them go from transferring these cool stories about the Forgotten Realms to a video game, to basically these predictable 4 act stories of

Act 1 -> Betrayal, Act 2 -> search for enemy. Act3 -> Betrayal Act 4 -> showdown

No one really makes the kinds of games like Bioware. CDProjkt and Obsidian come close but those are companies that make games inspired by Bioware games from the past. I keep playing them because I like Star Wars and only Bioware makes Space themed rpgs instead of the usual sword and shittery.
>>
>>121545910
>his face

>don't say it you motherfucker
>fine, do it, i fucking dare you
>>
>>121545816
not any of those guys just kidding I'm ALL of them but you're a fucking idiot
PROTIP: the most important element from those ships isn't the ship itself, you're being too shallow
>>
>>121545816
>I guess the Enterprise, Normandy SDF1 are just ships too and there is no reason to carry their names forward into new seasons or sequels. I mean there's no legacy or interesting backstory behind those names right?

Exactly.

Also, with the Normandy there were legitimate in-universe reasons why the characters who built the second Normandy might want to make a callback to the original. The Normandy was the most advanced ship in its class and the Normandy SR2 or whatever it was called was intended to be its successor by the people who built it. There is no god reason why the exact same generic smuggler ship would show up 300 years later. I mean, ok, if you had a similar situation where the Ebon Hawk was widely renowned for being the best ship ever, and the Alliance decided to build the Ebon Hawk MK2? Yeah, that might be acceptable.
>>
>We are an RP guild focused on the teachings of Darth Sion, Lord of Pain! We are friendly and helpful

BC is so dumb sometimes
>>
Are you people still arguing about fucking ship cameos?
>>
>>121545820
>>121545845
>>121545978
what if they are actual cg cutscenes made by blur?
>>
>>121546276
It's not about what's most important, but if you say

>IT'S JUST A SHIP

over and over again, well you're wrong. Objects can have personality and significance and history just like people can. But instead of them being able to tell you, you have to discover it. That's the story, and the exposition comes from.
>>
>>121546490
I'd just pirate the cutscene
>>
>>121546470
What the fuck are "the teachings of Darth Sion" supposed to be? Being too fucking angry to die?
>>
>>121545768
I would pay for Ebon Hawk sex cutscene DLC.
>>
>>121546490
I mean, yeah. I'd pay for a lot of what Blur does.
>>
>>121546509
>Objects can have personality and significance and history just like people can

They can, but the Ebon Hawk doesn't.

>wow, someone used it to go on adventure once, such history and significance even though a billion other ships could have done the job
>>
>>121546470
>>We are an RP guild focused on the teachings of Darth Sion, Lord of Pain! We are friendly and helpful

thanks for the laugh anon
>>
>>121546490
>one million dollars a minute porn

kek

>>121546640
it's probably a thin excuse for BDSM ERP
>>
>>121546606
What if there was a dialogue wheel for sex maneuvers?
>>
>>121546378
That was rhetorical. Of course there is significance to those names you can't imagine the next generation without the circular bridge of the Enterprise. Or even the name of the Enterprise. The ship itself was a major part of bringing people back to the series. And if that's what KotFE is about, the Ebon Hawk can do the same.
You keep linking the Ebon Hawk's significance to what it can do. I'm saying that's completely irrelevant. The Ebon Hawk's signficiance is its history and backstory. It something may not be as cemented as the Enterprise and its successors, but it's something that can be continued to be developed because it's there and it already has layers of story attached to it.
>>
Seriously though when can I replace my Interceptor? I was really hoping that we could finally get something that didn't look like ass.
>>
>>121546902
really don't care that much dude
>>
>>121546936
>it's there

it really isn't

not even in the sense of someone like the Smuggler going "I wish my ship would be as famous as the Ebon Hawk one day"

>>121546979
never
>>
Is Vanguard and Sentinel a good combo for levelling?
OP companions kept out of the equation of course.
>>
>>121546694
I mean if you purposely are hating the Ebon Hawk because you don't like my idea then from your perspective you';re no better than me if you think I'm hyping it up because I think it's the greatest ship ever.

You can say it doesn't but it does. Revan used it, the Exile used it, it had a history with the exchange even before it landed in Revan's hands. All you're saying is that none of this happened and the Ebon Hawk is my fanfiction.
>>
>118 posts
>only 18 pictures
come on /swgg/, let's see those cuties
>>
>>121547054
It really is. Saying it isn't, isn't an argument it's just your own musings.
>>
File: image.jpg (282KB, 1085x1002px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282KB, 1085x1002px
>>121547287
>>
>>121547417
It was just a tool. Saying it wasn't, isn't an argument it's just your own musings.
>>
>>121547417
>abandoned 300 years ago on Kaas
>not seen since
>zero references in 4 years of game

its time has long passed

let it go, anon
>>
What can I spend my glowing data crystals on besides gear? I mostly only PvP and the 216 PvE gear doesn't really seem worth it since I am just losing all my augmented gear and my set bonuses.
>>
>>121547567
Well all our companions are tools too edge master. Saying they're not isn't an argument it's just your own musings.
>>
>>121547054
Can I at least steal the Agent's ship? If I could fuck ships I would fuck that ship.
>>
File: swtor 2015-10-21 03-29-45-61.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-10-21 03-29-45-61.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>121547287
>>
>>121547536
And a durka durka allahu akbar to you too, my friend!
>>
>>121547860
fuck off with that disgusting piece of shit
>>
File: screen.jpg (287KB, 519x979px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
287KB, 519x979px
>>121547287
>>
>>121547818
They are characters, they add to your character story, as there's a certain level of input/output between you and them besides "take me to this place".
>>
>>121547906
But that's a space nun.
>>
File: swtor 2015-10-20 11-42-24-57.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-10-20 11-42-24-57.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>121547908

I'll bite, you've b8'd me into posting more screens.
>>
>>121546936
>you can't imagine the next generation without the circular bridge of the Enterprise

I'm not familiar with Star Trek but I don't think anyone lost the Enterprise and then dug it out of a swamp 300 years later. And if they did, that's just as retarded.

>You keep linking the Ebon Hawk's significance to what it can do. I'm saying that's completely irrelevant. The Ebon Hawk's signficiance is its history and backstory.

Having significance and backstory isn't a good enough reason to force something from one story into another. The Ebon Hawk isn't going to get more "Developed" if it gets brought back. tehre are no lingering mysteries to the Ebon Hawk. It's a generic smuggler ship that does generic smuggler ship things. Replace it with generic XS Freighter and nothing is lost.
>>
>>121548046
أنا متأكد من أنها هي، يا صديقي. راهبة الفضاء الحقيقية في خدمة الله الرحمن الرحيم
>>
>>121548143
You look like you're constantly smelling someones fart.
>>121548046
Nuns can be cute!
>>
>stuck
>type /stuck
>gets me even more stuck and cant even quick travel because now im floating in midair waving my arms around like harry houdini
>>
>>121547860
>>121548143

this bitch's face is nasty as fuck
>>
File: swtor 2015-10-20 22-52-52-31.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-10-20 22-52-52-31.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>121548258
>>
Is Swtor worth getting back into and spending five bucks for those sweet character slots for a non-subscriber/"preferred" player?
>>
File: smug dutch waterway.png (76KB, 237x231px) Image search: [Google]
smug dutch waterway.png
76KB, 237x231px
>>121547779
You can buy the blue exotic crafting material on Odessen but that's about it, I think

>>121547287
alright then
maybe when my internet is better I'll post her taking Arcann's massive rod
>>
File: swtor 2015-11-05 23-34-33-99.jpg (91KB, 1364x704px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-11-05 23-34-33-99.jpg
91KB, 1364x704px
>>121547287
This is what happens when people argue over ships.
>>
>>121547638
Let me just say again since everyone is so blinded by rage they can't read two words before zoning in on "ebon hawk" and getting triggered. Not saying you're doing this, but if you read what others are interpreting my argument to be you may misunderstand my position.

>The whole reason we're having this argument is because I think that finding this wondership that can destroy fleets in a swamp, and that we can replace it with a ship that's still a "wondership" but isn't as important to the conclusion of the story.

The conclusion can be more complex then "shoot laser win war". And it should be more complex. But the Gravestone is such an important part of the story, to keep the cohesion of the themes already present without drastically rewriting anything but the inevitable Deus Ex ending is by putting in a ship that can fill the role that people already like and know without adding tons of convoluted new backstory.

I don't want the ending to be shit because you shoot a laser walk into the throne room and win. Star Wars has always been about the scrappy little guy fighting the big bad guy. There's no tension or suspense to the story when your character already has the "I win button".

A lot of people are sort of cornering themselves into this idea of just "it's a tool, tools are tools they can be nothing more. Inanimate objects have no storytelling prupose or flavour outside of moving from point A to B.:

I really can't understand people like that. Stories throughout history from Excalibur to Narnia to Dr. Who show that objects, can have history, and they can have story, and personality. It begins by giving it a name, then giving it a story, and giving falsely seeing human emotions in them because the characters become attached to them.

Honestly if you don't believe that stories can have things like this, I don't know what to say, it's a thing that stories have, it's how stories are made interesting.
>>
>>121548443

no, this game would have been 10/10 if it had the Ebon Hawk in it but as it stands it's shit
>>
>>121548434
>exhaust fumes
>>121548443
Really it's just better to sub for a month
>>
File: swtor 2015-10-20 12-09-46-70.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-10-20 12-09-46-70.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>121548384
>>
>>121548024
Not really m8 they just help you get from place to another like a ship. Giving them a name and backstory and a coat of paint doesn't really make them any different from the other 4 bt npcs that wander around.
>>
>>121548697
woah
>>
File: swtor 2015-11-06 22-49-13-94.jpg (162KB, 582x938px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-11-06 22-49-13-94.jpg
162KB, 582x938px
>>121547287
>>
>>121548619
That's doable as well since I'm no longer a NEET. I don't really need 20+ character slots unless I have people to play with or a way to powerlevel them quickly.
>>
>>121546936
>you can't imagine the next generation without the circular bridge of the Enterprise
I can't imagine TNG without the crew, the ship will eventually change, even in-universe, as it did when going from TOS to TNG.
Also, I recall TNG Enterprise crash landing in one of those shit movies, yet they rebuilt it I think? They could have picked another ship altogether and it would have been just the same, a rose by another name etc.
>>
File: 1373632672043.gif (747KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1373632672043.gif
747KB, 320x240px
>>121548697
>>
>>121548830
I see that look of intrigue at the end!
>>
>>121548587
>"shoot laser win war"

basically what the original trilogy was m8

>tons of convoluted backstory
"an ancient alien warship that already beat the Eternal Fleet once" is convoluted? I was right, you're utterly retarded

>I win button
which is currently broken, in case you hadn't noticed
>>
>>121548823
But they didn't. They kept it. They always keep it. The crew changed but the ship stayed the same. Storytelling has more aspects than just developing characters and their relations. Good stories have connections. Ageless objects like the Enterprise ring cohesion and a continuing narrative between two different crews. The Ebon Hawk can easily be made in the same way as a narrative superstructure that joins the adventures of three different crews as a continuous story. It gives the story more depth, symbolism and meaning to insert an object like that
>>
>>121547287
Probably my only cute female character.
>>
>>121548587
>Honestly if you don't believe that stories can have things like this

Stories can have things like that, but the Ebon Hawk isn't one of them. For someone who accuses others of not reading his posts you don't pay much attention. The Ebon Hawk can't be compared to shit like Excalibur because Excalibur was a special sword that came from a magic lady in a lake. Ebon Hawk is just an ordinary ship with nothing special to it. A better comparison would be if you tried to say that Arthur's round table is so unique and special that some character hundreds of years later that wanted a table just HAD to have the same fucking table and not another round table because the round table that Arthur had was so iconic. I mean, yeah, it kind of is, but it was just a fucking table. You could have another similar table fulfill the same role and lose nothing. You can't replace excalibur with "just some sword"
>>
>>121549209
pretty qt man
>>
>>121549128
>It gives the story more depth, symbolism and meaning to insert an object like that

That's not what depth is, that's just a forced reference.
>>
>>121549105
Except it wasn't the rebels were hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned and it was a 20 minute space battle where all hope was almost lost before Luke made the fatal shot and escaped. Where's the drama in just blowing everything up in 5 seconds? Or do you just like watching big explosions and getting victories in cutscenes you have no control over?

>"an ancient alien warship that already beat the Eternal Fleet once"

Where does it come from? Why didn't anyone find it if they have amazing sensor technology? Convoluted means it makes more questions that it can't possibly answer my good autist.

>which is currently broken, in case you hadn't noticed

right because it won't get fixed. well i guess your tiny brain can be kept in suspense with the thought that it can't be fixed and I guess that's what really matters.
>>
I want to eat vaylin's ass
>>
File: character.jpg (241KB, 1681x1050px) Image search: [Google]
character.jpg
241KB, 1681x1050px
>>121548765
Sister?
>>
>>121549654
i don't, i just want to loosen up her stiff attitude with my cock
>>
>>121549392
Depth is exactly that. Depth is having backstory. Depth is making connections. What do you think depth is? Because it's very easy to call something a forced reference. I mean mandatory rebreathers on all mid-low level juggernaut armor? Damn those forced references.
>>
>>121549654
>>
>>121549845
Literally perfect.
>>
>>121549789
>What do you think depth is?

Relevance to real life. A deep story is one that reveals some aspect of human nature or makes you look at the world in a different way. Nothing in Star Wars is deep. Forced references are shit.

>I mean mandatory rebreathers on all mid-low level juggernaut armor? Damn those forced references.

See, again, those references are more comparable to the Smuggler ship. Yeah, it's similar to the Ebon Hawk. That's a reference that doesn't go out of its way to force itself on you. Now, if the Juggernaut armor was literally a Darth Vader Mask? Yeah.
>>
>>121549953
>>
>>121549528
>hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned

that's the same position that the Alliance are in, they're trying to pull in every asset they can to get on the Eternal Empire's level
and we also have Marr saying that there's going to be a fuckload of death on the Alliance's part before the Fleet gets taken out of the picture

>where does it come from
the same question could be asked of the Ebon Hawk in the Zakuul swamp when the last place anyone saw it was on Dromund Kaas, basically on the other side of the galaxy
>why didn't anyone find it
because it had faded into legend, and because nobody was looking for it
>nuh you can't fix the ship even though my previous arc about the Ebon Hawk in KotFE involves fixing the ship

nice goalposts, do they move on their own
>>
They should have have the Ebon Hawk in and at the end it gets converted into the Ebon Falcon and then it eventually becomes... YES! Poetry!
>>
>>121550160
>tfw no yandere Vaylin gf
>>
rage or vengeance
>>
>>121550160
any ass shots
>>
>>121550357
Vengeance
>>
How is Rage in PvP? I like bursty big crits
>>
>>121550357
Immortal
>>
>>121549128
>The crew changed but the ship stayed the same.
>Ageless objects like the Enterprise ring cohesion and a continuing narrative between two different crews.
Enterprises from different series are different from one another, sometimes even in the same series I think. They cover many years, they have to keep that shit upgraded as technology advances, or replaced entirely when it gets destroyed, shit happens in space.
They get to keep the same name because I believe it's established the "Enterprise" will always be the name of the Alliance flagship.

I don't think you can compare that with the Ebon Hawk, I'd say the closest similar to the Enterprise would be the Normandy from ME.
>>
>>121549725
Sister, this is a surprise.
>>
>>121550363
I'll try to get some the next time I go through.
>>
File: Tallekka body.jpg (58KB, 509x845px) Image search: [Google]
Tallekka body.jpg
58KB, 509x845px
>>121547287
Sure, why not. Belt's likely only temporary, I haven't found a moddable one that I like yet.
>>121547910
I love me some blue And that hairstyle
>>
How are sage/sorcs nowadays since 4.0? I'd like to get back into playing them, but I've hardly seen any that weren't healers since 4.0.
>>
>>121550050
I mean if you're committed to believing Star Wars has no depth I don't think I can really convince you since that definition of depth is subjective and changes from person to person.

But there are plenty of people in the world that find depth in Star Wars in the way you define it, like the way Yoda gives his Luminous Beings speech or all those people who feel that turning Jedi into a real religion has made their lives better and given it direction.

If depth is a matter of making connections, then it could be a connection of revisiting an object from a decade ago that helped you interacted with constantly and depended on in a story you forged in a fantasy universe.

>>121550174
>nice goalposts, do they move on their own

are you really this stupid that you can't comprehend sarcasm ?

>that's the same position that the Alliance are in

yeah and they've got a super weapon that can turn the tides. did the rebels have their own death star to shoot the empire's death star?

>because it had faded into legend

a giant frigate which could have been detected by a regular droid sat on a planet with billions of inhabitants with advanced sensor technology for thousands of years without anyone finding out. gr8 story m8.

as for the ebon hawk it doesn't need a complex story. someone found it on DK, fixed it up, went exploring, got lost, it landed on Zakuul, crew got eaten by wildlife, PC finds it.

none of this "THE EBIN SUPERWEAPON" shit. none of that shit is compelling. fuck off koth.
>>
>>121548384
i think shes cute, but avatarattentionwhorefags are awful.
>>
just became a bounty hunter, you guys jealous?
>>
>>121551452
We suck.
>>
>>121551452
Outside of healing? Garbage.
>>
>>121551452
Fun but bad.
>>
>/SWGG/ IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL TECH/CUSTOMER SUPPORT FORUM. PLEASE CHECK GOOGLE AS YOUR QUESTION IS UNLIKELY TO BE ANSWERED HERE.

dickhead personality for a thread tbqh
>>
>tried tanking
>tried healing
>neither are clicking

I guess I have to figure out which DPS to play. Or just make a sniper.
>>
>>121547860
>>121548143
>>121548434
>>121548697
>brunette meghan trainor
>>
>>121550767
They are different from each other. But they're all named the enterprise right? The bridge maintains the same shape more or less right? If you switched the crew of any enterprise on any version of the enterprise you would immediately know where everyone sits and what everyone does.

By calling it the enterprise you know what it is. It has meaning right? Think of a country, a country is defined by it's nation, the people who live in it. As generations come and go, their legacy is carried on by the country. Think of the enterprise like that or the Ebon Hawk. it's the history and connotations the name carries.

The people within the ships are like wine giving flavour to the cask that is the ship and vice versa. No one is saying the wine is more important than the cask, but they each have their own significance. They each contribute flavour.
>>
>>121551452
They're fine for leveling but don't expect to do anything once you beat the story.
>>
Would be cool if you could maybe customize the abilities your companions have. Like drag stuff in and out of the slots
>>
>>121552038
too many people wandering in asking why BF3 beta doesn't work or why kotor wide screen patch fucks up their minimap.

keeps the thread clean so we can talk about ebin hawks and sloots
>>
>>121552253
Don't forget we also discuss forbidden sith arts like the proper way to beat Quinn into being a fucxboi
>>
>>121551503
>a giant frigate which could have been detected by a regular droid sat on a planet with billions of inhabitants with advanced sensor technology for thousands of years without anyone finding out. gr8 story m8.
If we're going this route, let's also comment about this fuckhuge empire the emperor was building in parallel for centuries in this """isolated""" area of the galaxy, apparently completely oblivious to the existence of another empire and even a republic, both spread through the rest of the whole galaxy, who were also oblivious of this new empire.

I think we are already performing shitloads of leaps of faith regarding the whole premise to also have a "HEY LOOK, THE EBON HAWK IS HERE TOO SOMEHOW FOR SOME ARBITRARY REASON!" cherry on top of them.
>>
File: 1445027256279.jpg (611KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445027256279.jpg
611KB, 1920x1080px
>>121552253
Not enough sloots in here desu
>>
>>121552421
I'm telling you guys. Cargo hold with Bromark.
>>
File: hell.png (324KB, 437x463px) Image search: [Google]
hell.png
324KB, 437x463px
>empty shells
>gsf gear
>"lucarioboy"
If thing keep going like this, Sorcs are gonna be the new Marauders.
They already have a ton of shitters in their ranks from the edgy Noxfag fanbase.
>>
>>121552681
>edgy Noxfag fanbase.

u jelly, Imperikuck?
>>
>>121552531
Only if Pierce can whip the fag into shape.
>>
>>121552485
I mean what can I say. There's a lot of things about the story that are just fucked up and thinking of ways of how they could have made it are few and far between especially since most people here would rather not imagine how it could have been improved or just complain endlessly or eat up whatever they're served.
>>
anyone wanna quest or pvp with me?
>>
>>121551503
>But there are plenty of people in the world that find depth in Star Wars in the way you define it, like the way Yoda gives his Luminous Beings speech or all those people who feel that turning Jedi into a real religion has made their lives better and given it direction.

There is no way to empirically or objectively prove whether a particular story is deep enough, but if you're going to defend people using Jedi as a real religion or learning life lessons from Yoda, I think we've clearly established where your standards are. This is the kind of person who wants the Ebon Hawk to show up in KOTFE
>>
>>121551503
>super weapon that can turn the tides

only if they can get it fixed, and keep it firing long enough to make a significant dent in the THOUSANDS of Eternal Fleet battlecruisers
then there's the question of basically everyone not wanting to put the AI of questionable morals in control of the entire ship so all that time it's shooting it's not going to be operating efficiently

it's going to be on the same level of hail mary throw that "drop some proton torpedoes into the exhaust shaft" "turn off your targeting computer, use the force luke" was in ANH

>>121552990
>thinking of ways of how they could have made it are few and far between
because there's no fucking point in it since none of us are writers working for Bioware Austin
>>
How much Mastery or Presence do each of the datacrons give? +3?
>>
>>121552990
>especially since most people here would rather not imagine how it could have been improved

There are a lot of ways it could have been improved and the Ebon Hawk is not among them.
>>
>still with this ebin hawk shit

4real m80s?
>>
>>121552078
But you were talking about having the exact same ship, not quite the same.
Even if you have a new Ebon Hawk sharing its name, I don't think the name carries the heavy meaning you want it to have in the game universe, it only really matters to you/us because metaknowledge, if that makes any sense.
Somebody already said this in the thread I think, we're going in circles at this point.

Anser this: what's the difference between the Ebon Hawk and any swtor player character ship.
>>
>>121553383
>Anser this: what's the difference between the Ebon Hawk and any swtor player character ship.

the Ebon Hawk is obsolete and likely falling apart wherever it is kek
>>
>>121552813
>edgy noxfag fanbase
>*edgy*
I'm talking about the Noxfags who won't shut up about "how powerful" Nox is.
The faggots like you who get butthurt every time Sorcs get mentioned.
Nobody cares if you played DS or LS.
>>
>>121553093
I'm not defending them, and to be honest I'm not so petty as to care what other people do, but those people find depth and meaning in Star Wars and they're happy with it then that's that. Again you're just pushing the argument to "this guy only wants the ebon hawk because he has a boner for it". I'll say it again like I've said countless times even though no one seems to read it and continue to just echo themselves

>I think that the only suitable replacement for the Gravestone (which is a dumb plot point to base the conclusion around) is the Ebon Hawk because it has an established back story and fits with the rest of the themes and plot of KotFE without having to drastrically rewrite everything but the inevitable conclusion of the Gravestone unsurprisingly blowing up the Zakuul fleet.

>>121553160
I mean not wanting discuss the story on a discussion would kind of defeat the purpose of being here. I mean make the red choice and put Scorpio in control and you kill the ships and your alliance fleets loses less. Don't put her in control, you lose less ships, more alliance ships die but you are moral good guy.

Do you see the problem? When you use such an hackneyed solution its easy to think of the plotlines and there's no suspense.

Either the ship fires or it doesn't and they have to think of a new solution. Either way you win in the end.
>>
>literally 5 hours later
>still arguing about the exact same shit
>saying the exact same shit
my god, calm your autism down
please just stop replying to him
>>
File: Tallekka35.jpg (102KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tallekka35.jpg
102KB, 1440x900px
>>121554036
The stating of Nox implies DS rather heavily.
>>
Please post cute mirialan or zabrak girls instead of this shit
>>
>>121554209
I've completed SoR during the duration of this argument.
>>
Trying out Operative healing, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe being level 25ish isn't a good gauge for it...
>>
>>121553383
1. it has a name
2. it's been in previous games
3. it has had different crews
4. it has been to many different planets that the player shps did not go to.
5. it has had gizka infestations
6. it has data and history from 300 years ago.

>>121553235
give me some. and don't mention replacing Koth with Theron because that was my post I repost from time to time and what started this whole ebon hawk thing when I added the little line at the bottom today.
>>
File: 1445861878108.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445861878108.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>play through RotHC
>two out of three NPCs are Steve Blum
>>
>>121554084
>I'll say it again like I've said countless times even though no one seems to read it and continue to just echo themselves

People have told you multiple times that the Ebon Hawk doesn't fit any fucking themes. The theme of the Ebon Hawk is that it's just a fucking ship dude. And yet you refuse to read and keep echoing yourself.
>>
>>121554336
Again.
There is a difference between EDGY Noxfags and Noxfags.
The ones who have to chime in about Nox being "da bes" during a powerlevel discussion, Inquisitor discussion, etc are the bad ones I'm talking about.
They don't all do that.
>>
>>121554538
>give me some. and don't mention replacing Koth with Theron

replace the gravestone with some random ship that isn't the ebin hawk

done
>>
don't feel like heroics, what should i do /swegg/
>level my lowbie focus guardian
>start and finish act 3 on my operative
>create a qt mirialan consular that i will play for 5 minutes and then get bored
>keep going in my trooper story and romance qt elara
>>
>>121554794
Elara
>>
>>121554428
That's tough, I'll look but no promises.
Have a best sith while I check.
>>
>>121555028
oh man why is there semen all over her lightsaber? or is that her own juices? do you think she uses her lightsaber to get herself off and help release her passions and pent up anger?
>>
>>121554538
7. It was scrapped 299 years ago on Kaas when nobody claimed it from the space impound lot after several months of abandonment

>>121554084
the whole of chapter 8 is built around you being able to show that the Eternal Empire isn't an invincible juggernaut of fuck you rest of the galaxy
if all you've got is some piddly little smuggler's freighter you're not going to accomplish shit
and if the Ebon Hawk was in KotFE then you'd probably still be bitching about whatever the Gravestone's firepower was replaced with
>>
>>121555124
It's yogurt, quit being gross. Also probably.
>>
>>121554581
I keep telling you how it's not just a ship. How having a ship connecting stories in space operas can make the story more cohesive and compelling. Showing examples from other media and Star Wars itself. Put forward an argument with evidence about how other stories do the same and why logically the Ebon Hawk is the only ship that could replace the Gravestone without having to drastically rewrite anything but the obvious ending.

Instead you still insist on skipping my point about finding a ship that could replace the Gravestone and keep the story intact. Even now your argument is still "it's just a ship". The argument seems to always change to either

"lol your stupid"

or

"a ship can't have any depth no matter how you put it".

The first is obviously inane, but the story has shown time and time again that objects from the past do have signficance on both the characters in the game and the world they live in. Things like Revan's mask, or the starforge, or rakata tech.

Right now it feels like all we do is argue about whether objects can convey story and meaning the way that characters who can speak do. And if you say that development and flavour only come from developed characters and it can't be brought from inanimate objects or concepts, then that's just wrong and there's plenty of media to support that.
>>
>>121555540
>>121554581
WOULD YOU BOTH JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

At this rate it'd be better if the ship was a fucking dreadnought powered by Ewoks in hamster wheels called the Mynock Fucker
>>
>>121555137
>7. It was scrapped 299 years ago on Kaas when nobody claimed it from the space impound lot after several months of abandonment

<citation needed>

No because the whole point replacing the Gravestone is to get rid of this whole super weapon bullshit. And Chapter 8 is about that Scion guy inviting Arcann to Asylum and telling you some vague stuff about how his scions will contact you about fate just before he dies.
>>
It'd be a better reference if all of my companions got an x-wing and I shot the throne in it while being chased by Arcann in a TIE
>>
File: 1445986377445.png (157KB, 298x390px) Image search: [Google]
1445986377445.png
157KB, 298x390px
>went to call somebody a dog
>misspelled it and called him a god
>>
>>121555540
there's literally nothing that connects the Ebon Hawk to anything in SWTOR

not even Revan asking about where his old ship was when you rescue him

not even the Smuggler bragging about how one day his freighter's going to be as well-known as the Hawk

not even a wreckage on some planet that isn't Kaas to show that someone actually gave enough of a shit about it to use it after it was abandoned

>>121555835
>get rid of the superweapon

so then you have fucking nothing to take on the superfleet

good to know

in your universe where they have a piddly little freighter instead of an ancient alien warship, everyone died in chapter 8 and the story is over, gg, thanks for your money rubes now fuck off
>>
>>121555540
>Showing examples from other media and Star Wars itself. Put forward an argument with evidence about how other stories do the same

None of your examples from other stories were the same situation. You keeep picking other stories that have special unique items that could not be replaced and trying to use them as a comparison. Your King Arthur example got torn apart pretty hard and you never responded to that. No, the Enterprise and the Normandy are not the same as the Ebon Hawk because they were made to be special important ships and the Ebon Hawk was just a random ship someone grabbed out of convenience.

>my point about finding a ship that could replace the Gravestone and keep the story intact

The story doesn't need a special ship to keep it intact. You manage to keep skipping that point at every turn.
>Ebon Hawk is the only ship that could replace the Gravestone without having to drastically rewrite anything but the obvious ending.

If you replace the gravestone with the Ebon Hawk you have to rewrite everything that references the ship having super powerful lasers that can tear wholes in the Eternal fleet. If you replace the Gravestone with [insert any random ship here] you have to rewrite anything that references the ship having super powerful lasers that can tear wholes in the Eternal fleet.

>"a ship can't have any depth no matter how you put it".

I never said a ship can't have depth. I said the Ebon Hawk doesn't have depth. You keep accusing me of not reading your posts, well I've said this exact same thing multiple times and yet it hasn't sunk in.

>Things like Revan's mask,

A unique and iconic symbol of his voctory over Mandalore. Unlike the Ebon Hawk, which is just a generic ship that doesn't symbolize anything.

>or the starforge, or rakata tech.

Incredibly advanced tech that does things nothing else in the story can do. Quite unlike the Ebon Hawk which is just another smuggler ship.
>>
>>121554719
Alright then lets agree with this

1. Theron should have replaced Koth
2. Gravestone should not have had some super weapon BS, and if it did, it should have been kept secret until later in the story to build suspense.

also that ships can have character

but it's good that we had this debate. John Stewart Mills said that we only remember the reasons why we are correct through dialogue with those who hold different opinions. And Also m00t said that communities are made better with criticism that also presents a solution and just criticism itself.

good night.
>>
>>121556378
>>121556468
A pox upon both your houses!
>>
>everybody missing the obvious solution of traveling through time to get the millennium falcon
>>
>>121556669
>traveling through time

>not just snagging the Death Star and kekking all day as the Eternal Empire's ships are too big to fly down the trench that leads to the vent
>>
>tfw read that whole conversation
Thank you for entertaining while I finished SoR on my BH
>>
can we get back to lewdposting now?
>>
File: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK.jpg (114KB, 1060x806px) Image search: [Google]
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK.jpg
114KB, 1060x806px
>>121554538
I don't think those reasons are really enough to bring it back.
Most if not all of them are of "value" for us, the players, for the characters in the game the role of the ship in both cases is mostly the same, no matter how attached you/we all grew with the Ebon Hawk for whatever reason.

Let me drop another Star Trek analogy, not exactly applicable 100% but close.
In the last JJ movie the main villain was Khan, a fan's favorite of sort.
When it came to the time of the bad guy's name reveal, the movie tried to make some big deal out of it, but it ended up ridiculous because even though many people in the audience knew the name kinda carries some weight and "history", Kirk and the other guy was it admiral Pike? were all like "oh okay cool, nice to meet you Mr. Khan, I guess", not to speak a big slice of the audience who won't know shit either.

That's how bringing back the Ebon Hawk will feel like, no matter if it's the exact same old one or a new one bearing the same name. Granted, it would be really stupid having the exact same as some others commented.
>>
>>121556917
I guess
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (42KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
42KB, 800x470px
>>121556917
am I cute anon?
>>
File: k2.png (103KB, 195x335px) Image search: [Google]
k2.png
103KB, 195x335px
>>121556764
>thousands of cruisers against one space station

they don't need the vent, they can just batter it until the shield generators fail

>>121556917
good idea
>>
>>121556119
again did the rebels kill the deathstar with their own deathstar?

did revan destroy the starforge with his own starforge?

there are solutions that can build suspense without being so narrow as giving a superweapon in the first 3 chapters.

>>121556378
>None of your examples from other storie...

because you guys keep looking for significance in utility while I'm pushing for signficance in legacy which is thematically present everywhere in swtor. From the Shan's being descendants of Revan, to the Inq and his ghost dad, to Vitiate and Revan's rivalry, to the HK series of droids. It's all legacy, it's all names, the serve to create connections and bonds between stories that can be further developed better and create a very large complex narrative bridging stories from the past and present making them more compelling and interesting.

>The story doesn't need a special ship to keep it intact

It does though, the gravestone's replacement needs to be fill the thematic void of fate/destiny/history. The Ebon Hawk does that.

>I said the Ebon Hawk doesn't have depth
It does have depth. We can argue this till the cows come home.

>Unlike the Ebon Hawk, which is just a generic ship that doesn't symbolize anything.

It was Revan's ship he used to stay one step ahead of Malak and foil him and free the galaxy from Malak's rule. It's part of his legend as much as his mask.
>>
>>121557247
>they don't need the vent

pretty sure the whole point of the Death Star was that it was invincible except for the vent. Plus its gun can destroy a whole planet. If they swept that laser across an enemy fleet it could probably take the majority of them out in one go.
>>
>>121557327
and yet the Mask pops up in SWTOR and the Hawk doesn't

Bioware pretty damn clear of where things lie
>>
>>121556917
>>
Kinda wishing I went Mando on my Trooper instead of Vanguard. These animations are starting to get to me. Everything just feels wrong coming off a PT, and I've never used a cannon before, I feel like it would be fun. Oh well, too late to change now though.

Can anyone rec me some nice looking trooper buttcape chestpieces?
>>
File: 1405852091032.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1405852091032.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>can't decide which DPS to play

Fuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>121557662
What do you want? PvP or PvE? Melee or ranged? Stealth or non-stealth?
>>
File: dancin.webm (426KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dancin.webm
426KB, 1280x720px
>>121557550
try the new frontline chestpiece from the latest pack. it's pretty dope the textures are higher res than the older version.
>>
>>121557696
PvE mostly. And I wanted to do melee, but I imagine ranged > melee still.
>>
>>121557706
Is that the one in the webm? Shit, that looks pretty good. Is that whole set frontline?

Nice beret man.
>>
File: ADVANCED.jpg (8KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
ADVANCED.jpg
8KB, 192x263px
>>121557803
I have a solution for you
>>
>>121557803
Just go gunslinger/sniper. They've got good aoe for solo content and good single target for group content. Commando and Merc are a bit more interesting if you think cover is a boring mechanic. They can also offheal a bit.
>>
Did they remove grapple from the game? It's gone from my PT. Or is it just higher lvl now?
>>
>>121558049
I have it at 65 at least, probably just higher level
>>
>>121557327
>From the Shan's being descendants of Revan, to the Inq and his ghost dad, to Vitiate and Revan's rivalry, to the HK series of droids. It's all legacy

The only examples there that truly got brought back in the same way you're proposing with the Ebon Hawk are Revan and HK-47. Oh, and guess what? They were both shit.

"legacy" shit like someone's last name being Shan would be more akin to someone building an Ebon Hawk Mk2

>thematic void of fate/destiny/history

There's no void. Fate and destiny are stupid themes to have and the Gravestone's "history" is a footnote. Nothing of value would be lost.

> It's part of his legend as much as his mask.

No it isn't. The Mask was a symbol recognized by many people that Revan had defeated Mandalore and won the war for the Republic. The Ebon Hawk was just the ship he happened to be using when he killed Malak. The Ebon Hawk is no more significant to the story than the socks Revan happened to be wearing that day. Why don't they bring Revan's socks back as a cartel item because they have as much importance and history as the fucking Ebon Hawk does.
>>
>no idea what to do with credits
>start playing dress up
Better than nothing I guess
>>
File: 1446800141535.jpg (226KB, 1197x679px) Image search: [Google]
1446800141535.jpg
226KB, 1197x679px
>>121556917
>>
File: trooper armor.jpg (230KB, 866x960px) Image search: [Google]
trooper armor.jpg
230KB, 866x960px
>>121557881
everything but the beret.

as you can see the arms clip with the pipes on BT3 but is fine on 1 and 2. It looks good on BH too except for the helmet.
>>
>>121558190
>Fate and destiny are stupid themes to have
Hold shit mate you need to check your fucking head and remember where you are.
>>
>>121558275
>can't make a dress out of melted-down credit chips spun into thread

goddamnit Bioware
>>
>>121558369
Not sure how I feel about that giant plate sticking out in front, it's a bit ridiculous. I'll keep it in mind though.
>>
>>121558190
>swtor is shit story but i keep playing it

you and me both brudda
>>
>>121558483
How else are you going to tackle those light baton users?
>>
>>121558483
Preview it on BT1 or 2. It really does not look good on BT3 and I'm holding out until the next pack is announced before deciding to change my outfit.

Looks amazing on BH though if you want to go that route. Doesn't clip either because of the way BH holds his gun.
>>
>>121558370

until proven otherwise I assume Koth is wrong about the fate bullshit like he's wrong about everything else.
>>
>>121558758
>Koth is wrong about fate
>Lana is wrong about fate
>Valk is wrong about fate

:^)
>>
>>121558904

Lana said she doesn't believe in fate
Valk is a liar
>>
How do people think names like these are good?
>>
>>121558983
I mean, one of the constant undertones in all star wars writing is the idea of preordination / fate and exploring free will
>>
>>121559063
Dearth of imagination.
>>
>>121558983
Lana changes her mind and Valk says that fate is just the manifestation of your will he's somewhat meta-aware of you as a playable character in a video game
>>
>>121552525
people get tired of the same ones getting posted

like the one you just did
>>
>>121559106
I was scared to agree whenever my character is about destiny. My Jedi obviously believes the force guides him but the choices seem too cocky for him so I try and pick the option that sounds humble and not angry.
>>
>>121554036
according to the last poll, 50% of the players here main SI...so that aint gonna happen. theyre the majority.
>>
>>121559451
50% of the 8 people who voted
>>
>>121559451
>main
Do you guys do this?
I only leveled to cap 3 classes, but I'm finding really hard to pick a favorite so far.
Not taking min-maxing into account.
>>
>>121559451
I like how there's a lot of people who secretly main Jedi Knight.

Keep up the fight brothers. Fug now I want to make a Jedi RP guild where we're like medieval knights and call each other brother and sir <name> and joust and put "e" at then of our nouns like "Jedi Knighte" and blend the Jedi Code with the Chivalry code
>>
>>121559639
there were SEVENTEEN man...thats like... double 8
>>
>>121559681
Yes
What classes you played?
I enjoy quite a few of them
Deception assassin will always be the champion of my heart, even after I leave SWTOR
>>
>>121559681
I only have two classes at 65. One of them I gear for PvE and the other for PvP. I do main story on my PvE, and have my alt catch up like a week later.
>>
>>121559063
>Topaz Widowmaker

I know right?
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>121557894
BHs can look cool, but I'm worried that spec will get nerfed to dust.

>>121557940
I was leaning towards sniper for a bit.
>>
>>121559681
My main is just the character I feel the most invested in and the one I'm comfortable sinking the most credits into. I pretty much alternate between three characters though.
>>
>>121559890
Scoundrel, Guardian and Merc.
Currently leveling a Sage and an Assassin.
All of them heal/tank spec where available, I never could into DPS in MMO.
I enjoyed all their mechanics, and also the "concept" behind them even if the story itself was kinda lacking sometimes.

I guess if I had to choose one right now I'd pick Merc because of the badass looks and because I find the healing kinda more engaging than Scoundrel, but maybe that's my impression because it's "the last one I tried", just like sage is coming up strong all of sudden.
>>
>>121560261
Honestly you should just pick whatever you enjoy the most. Shit changes all the time and picking a class you don't like just for how strong it is right now will leave you miserable later.
>>
>>121545471
Don't worry Anon, it won't be much longer until Nautolans are playable.
>>
>>121560709
Try DPS
I hated this game playing tank classes (which I used to love) until I started playing DPS
never looked back
>>
>tfw I'm busting my ass to make my Inquisitor into a hero
>mfw DS is canon anyway
>>
>>121561178
This your first RPG?
>>
Are there any just normal looking gloves that don't have weird shit stapled to them? Jesus christ man.
>>
>>121561836
Jarael's are just some non-glossy medium length gloves
>>
File: 1432557325506.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432557325506.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
WAKE UP /SWGG/
>>
File: odessen.png (272KB, 337x454px) Image search: [Google]
odessen.png
272KB, 337x454px
I have noticed a large quality of life improvement after I turned off general chat on all of my characters but I doubt I'll ever want to turn this shit off
>>
File: 4642348bb3f70f97131f2b9a8e072f4f.jpg (110KB, 919x1225px) Image search: [Google]
4642348bb3f70f97131f2b9a8e072f4f.jpg
110KB, 919x1225px
>>121562665
Not until I get a kiss.
>>
File: 1436135426140.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1436135426140.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>121562829
Anything for you anon~
>>
File: Can't wake up.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Can't wake up.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>121562931
You're so kind.
>>
File: 154796524.gif (548KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
154796524.gif
548KB, 216x216px
>>121561178
See? This is the kinda shit I'm talking about.
People have to go out of their way to bait about how Nox.
>>
>tfw picked some crap as my legacy name when first chose it
>finally have enough CC for rename
>can't think of anything good
help
>>
>>121564354
Just pick some sort of grand adjective which doubles as a surname but it sounds good when said as ''The x Legacy''.
>>
>>121564723
so something like Skyrunner?
>>
>>121564860
Sounds decent enough, sounds a tad bit too much like good old Skywalker so people might think you're a faggot but it's all good as you're happy with it.
>>
File: 1427385659491.jpg (92KB, 849x719px) Image search: [Google]
1427385659491.jpg
92KB, 849x719px
why people are so mean
why people are so shit at the game
>>
>>121565004
but its fucknig awful and another "somethingwalker" garbage
>>
>>121564354
don't change it until you're sure of something you like or you will end up back in the same situation anon

waste of money in my opinion regardless but hey whatever makes you happy and confident man
>>
>>121565137
idk as long as Anon is happy with it, telling someone their taste is shit on an anonymous imageboard rarely changes their opinion, they'll see the error in their ways in time and become a better man, or not
>>
File: catharacute.jpg (678KB, 1232x795px) Image search: [Google]
catharacute.jpg
678KB, 1232x795px
>Cathar can't look good
LOVING THIS MEME
>>
File: Benis.png (117KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
Benis.png
117KB, 1024x749px
>start the game up and something seems off when it loads
>the old cinematic starts to play
>wtf?
>login to character like normal
>tutorial thingy is back and flashing
>make it go away
>a bunch of my preferences have been reset

Seriously wtf was that?
>>
>>121565245
it's just butthurt faggots who can't get over their hate for furries who call the whole race shit, I think Cathar can look good but most of the time it indeed is used by furryfags
>>
where is the dueling spot in this game? i don't care too much about battlegrounds i just want to 1v1 and duel some people and kill some time
>>
>>121565520
Korriban academy entrance almost always has faggots dueling on Burger Colony.
>>
>>121565520
There isn't one for people who are serious about it, it's always a L1-10 faggot who wants to duel you in front of the Kaas academy or the Jedi Temple and that's about it.
>>
>>121565673
>>121565581
damn, that really sucks. seems there is no spot that people just like to chill at in this game.
>>
>>121565936
people in TOR only hangout in guilds or play solo, sadly
>>
>>121565245
the old Cathar looked perfectly fine, it's just the new ones that are shit
>>
>>121566426
comparison pic?
>>
>>121552525
What outfit is this?
>>
File: Cathar.jpg (252KB, 1586x896px) Image search: [Google]
Cathar.jpg
252KB, 1586x896px
>>121566571
these three are all the Cathar models from 1.0 I think
>>
Makeb is surprisingly enjoyable considering all the bad things I've heard about it. I can imagine sitting through it a second time would be torture though.
>>
>>121567242
Looks like she's pooping a leg on the left.
>>
I just can't get over this, why the fuck does Satele suddenly use the Staff Master or whatever the name is NPC class in the dream sequences? Because it means one of her moves is a fucking knife swipe out the blue
>>
>>121567242
Like what anon?
>>
I have one of the 60 tokens to blow.
Gonna do an AC I don't have yet.
>Assassin
>Sniper
>Mercenary
>Commando
>Scoundrel
Not doing Sent/Mara for obvious reasons.
>>
>>121567668
>Not doing Sent/Mara for obvious reasons
What are those, Anon?
>>
>>121567705
Not that anon, started playing the game two days ago. Sentinel/Marauder. How do you not know that?
>>
>>121567705
The second lightsaber makes your ass look fat.
>>
>>121567781
Know what? I've played this game since 2012 and they're one of the strongest classes in the game, especially right now.
>>
>>121567543
I'm sure we could think of something.
>>
>>121567907
Where do you find all this stuff?
>>
>>121567829
I thought when you asked "what are those" you meant his abbreviations, not his reasons. I misread, you worded it poorly, we're both idiots.
>>
>>121567829
>dummyparsing as serious ranking

lel
>>
>>121567242
Fuck. Those beds look comfy as fuck. I need a nice hole in the wall bed to chill in.
>>
File: marr blu.png (736KB, 888x462px) Image search: [Google]
marr blu.png
736KB, 888x462px
Could the fact that Marr's vision had a blue lightsaber mean anything?

Even Baras used a red lightsaber.
>>
>>121568774
>Marr gets Dark Side cancer
>searches for a cure
>turns to the Light in secret
>cures his cancer
>squashed to get Valkorion over as a heel
>>
>>121565245
Your IA is still fugly as hell dogg. Come at me.
Even your Sith only works because he looks super pissed all the time and basically has a cat-man mullet.
>>
File: valk le phanny.png (1MB, 1365x677px) Image search: [Google]
valk le phanny.png
1MB, 1365x677px
I thought Valk said this the same way someone would say "He actually did it, the absolute madman!"
I laughed for a good 30 seconds.

>>121568854
>Satele helped him find the cure
>he's secretly been visiting her and getting to know her
>which is why it seemed like just another tuesday when Marr's ghost appears to her
I can believe it.
>>
File: chinfacian.jpg (331KB, 744x786px) Image search: [Google]
chinfacian.jpg
331KB, 744x786px
>>121568859
say that to my faces
>>
>>121569159
Do you reckon Marr could have died a Sith and turned to the Light Side as a ghost?
>>
>>121569159
>Marr's been giving Satele the D on the side
>>
>>121567984
Now that would be telling, wouldn't it?
Usual places, I just have eclectic taste and standards.
>>
>>121569419
I suppose Satele could've done whatever the LS SI does at the end of their story. That would probably piss off most of the Empire players though.
>>
File: 1443568611960.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443568611960.png
23KB, 400x400px
>you will never be able to wear a hat without being bald
>>
File: e0I2OED.gif (2MB, 224x126px) Image search: [Google]
e0I2OED.gif
2MB, 224x126px
>>121569523
>mfw Saul Karath's hat on a female
>>
File: swtor 2015-05-15 17-23-58-90.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swtor 2015-05-15 17-23-58-90.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>121569523
>tfw Admiral Ranken gets hair under her ballcap
I mean sure it's super short, but it's hair!
>>
File: koth.png (104KB, 311x232px) Image search: [Google]
koth.png
104KB, 311x232px
Reminder there is nothing wrong with Koth

I'm romancing Lana, if you're wondering.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>121569737
>Koth that high
>>
>>121569737
I get it if people don't like him but I think he's a cool nig, too bad I use Senya on my main so don't really get to use him, nor anyone else for that matter due to BW's brilliant decision with the companion ranks
>>
>>121569505
went through it recently and none of the options regarding the ghosts had any alignment stuff linked to them

>>121569737
>Koth that low

ayy I'm not even trying and my Pierce is 26
>>
>>121569847
If you have enough LS points or whatever it is when you ask if you can help the ghosts at the end they'll say that you can redeem them. I've seen other videos where they say that you're as dark as them so you can't help. It's like a hidden alignment choice.
>>
Why didn't they just have all the Alliance members speak Huttese and use your character's canned reaction lines instead of this ugly as shit dialog thingie? Like I get it, SWTOR is hemoragging money and is a financial failure that EA was forced to shut down another game in order to try and keep it afloat, but ditching all the VAs for silent characters silently miming at each other is just too much.
>>
>>121569996
>Like I get it, SWTOR is hemoragging money and is a financial failure
It tanked as a P2P MMO, as an F2P one it's a pretty lucrative cash cow actually.
>>
File: 1399118959169.jpg (44KB, 712x528px) Image search: [Google]
1399118959169.jpg
44KB, 712x528px
>every mob group in a heroic has a guy with CC
>>
>>121569371
That's one hell of a moustache and beard.
>>
>>121570043
But they couldn't even afford to bring back the VAs. Clearly they're not making that much money and it's only a matter of time before BioWare can't afford the rent on the building the servers are in and are forced to shut down shop.
>>
>>121570225
they killed two birds with one stone, they saved money on VAs and appealed to nostalgia
I don't see the problem desu, I'd prefer if the whole game was like this
>>
>>121570225
>bioware ever shutting down
are you kidding? no matter how shit their games are they keep surviving somehow, at this point I'm convinced they are unstoppable.
>>
>>121570225
>/v/ hoping this hard
Buddy, they're an EA studio. If they weren't making money they'd be out on their asses before their pink slips were even filed.
>>
>>121570345
>>121570393
stop getting baited you retards
>>
>>121570501
nigga I got nothing better to do but argue with retards pretending to be even more retarded
>>
>>121570562
>nothing better to do

these memefort paladins won't kill themselves, you know

tfw 2 left for the title
>>
>>121570697
>tfw got all the SF achievements but the secondary objectives
I'm just doing heroics for now for money and common crystals so I can get more gifts for my main comp, such is life in KotFE
>>
File: guardiout.png (1MB, 1096x650px) Image search: [Google]
guardiout.png
1MB, 1096x650px
Post your Guardians

>>121570697
>he doesn't have "Fallen Knight" yet
>>
>>121552525
What outfit is this?
>>
>>121552525
What outfit is this?
>>
>>121570872
>take this nigga into his first heroic Star Fortress
>he kills all the paladins before you get all the companions
I need to learn focus.
>>
>>121570895
Dramatic Extrovert.
Expect to pay gorillions.
>>
>>121570971
I have no idea what you're trying to say with your post.
I'm sorry, I'm tired.
>>
>>121570872
quit memeing me shocky it's hard to play on 4 servers at once
>>
>>121571090
Dammit stick to a server then
>>
File: .jpg (31KB, 191x218px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
31KB, 191x218px
>>121568859

>It took me 15 years and for him to get posted in /swgg/ to realize that Vivi is a Jawa
>>
Should I do KotFE on my SI JK or IA first?
>>
>>121571416
JK.
>>
>>121571416

IA meets an old buddy, it feels more personal as SW because you were his wrath and SI feels right too because it makes the most sense for ImpOccNox to become strong enough to kick all of their asses.
>>
>>121571416
Smuggler!
>>
How do I disrupt the RP
>>
>>121571718
Hutt Skiff with music on
>>
>>121571718
If its in /say, offer to sell them Rodian Mayonnaise or whatever it's called.
>>
>>121571718
Act like an RPer yourself, integrate yourself with them and lead them on. Then slowly turn them against one another, or fake like you're going to ERP with them, but then go full HAM when they start sending Tells, so you truly waste their time.
>>
>>121571561

Oops, I somehow read SW instead of JK. Feels more personal too because you kicked his ass after all (a little bit)

>>121571718

Spam forward with the kotor swoop bike, the startup sound is annoying as fuck.
>>
I want to make a JK but I already have a juggernaut
Is Sentinel really as durable as a wet sheet of paper or are they fun to play?
>>
>>121571908
Not bad advice anyway since I also have a SW ready for it. Just stopped giving a shit about them after I finished their story.
>>
hey commander whats going on :)
>>
>>121571991
No, you're just getting memed on. Don't worry about it, sent is fine.
>>
>>121571991
It's not fun. You aren't very durable and you're going to need a comp to tank/heal for you.
>>
>>121571991
you're a pool noodle man who owes his life to the deity that has deigned to spread healing salve over your many, many wounds
>>
>>121571991
The only thing terrible about it are the animations.
>>
>>121572141
>what is Cloak of Pain
>what is CC
It's true that due to medium armor you have less damage resistance but you also have a myriad of tools at your disposal to lessen that pain.
>>
>>121572263
Hitting a shitton of cooldowns to attain near basic survivability isn't fun.
>>
Does BH still have to fight Tormen even if you decide not to turn on him?
>>
>>121572319
idk about you but I find it more stimulating to press one or two more buttons per engagement to get out at the end of the fight at maximal HP value.
in the end the fights will be too quick for you to die due to DPS or tank comp or you simply can't die due to healing comp
>>
>>121572367
I've never had to fight Tormen, so probably not.
>>
>>121572452
>soloing matters
Kek. If you have your companion out it doesn't count for shit buddy.
>>
>>121572367
no, he just says some fancy words and you go on your way
>>
>>121572490
I didn't think we were talking about Ops or HM FPs here, maybe you want a class with less buttons to press for potentially less output but I don't.
>>
>>121572593
maybe you want a class that collapses like a concertina when a boss so much as farts in your general direction but I don't
>>
>>121572687
your healers are either shit, your tank is shit or you're shit because I've never had problems with survivability in anything else but Underlurker's bullshit AoE which does more damage to melee for reasons left unknown
>>
>>121544875
>tfw game assumes you give half a shit about lana
That's the worst, not only is she a boring sith cunt but she isn't even a proper sith cunt

Neither rep nor imp is given a reason to like their special potato
>>
>>121572812
>le "works for me ;^)" maymay
Ah, the old Sent/Mara fallback. You get carried by an exceptionally good healer and then everyone else is shit.
>>
>>121573054
no idea what you're on about but it does indeed work for me and has worked for everyone I've known who is decent at the game, not everyone is shit because people can actually play a Marauder competitively and you apparently can't.
not my problem of course but don't call the class bad because it doesn't work for you yet works for others
>>
>open two storage cases
>two ice scrabbler jerky schematics
ffffs
>>
>>121572812
>reasons left unknown

it's literally just an extra pulse in melee range on the adds AoE
>>
anyone play battlefront 2?
>>
>>121573243
>ur bad
Give one reason that an Ops group would take a Marauder over a Juggernaut for DPS right now without using "MUH PARSES" as an excuse. Juggernauts have more utility, more survivability, and in an endgame climate that is actively hostile to melee characters they are the better choice for these reasons.
>>
>>121573018
Well in KotFE she has an adorable spaghetti scene in the elevator.
>>
>>121573427
Also are nicer to look at.
>>
>>121573513
>Sith Lord
>acts like a teenage girl
yeah no, not buying it
>>
>>121573616
My Sith Lord acts like a teenage girl.
>>
>>121573573
That's debatable since not everyone is fond of the stupid capes that Jugg/Guardian can get.
>>
>>121573616
My Nox acts like a 10 year old girl sometimes an she's a Darth.
>>
>>121573616
She's also a nerd that has little experience with full on romance, and may be a fan of yours, but you're right. All sith lords should act like how you expect.
>>
>>121573616
Lana is pure evil, she only cares about self preservation and murder
>>
>>121573390
iirc I looked into this and the pulse was no indicator for the range of the pulse, it was the flat 4meters which every melee character has to go into to do damage, making it harder for melee DPS to attack them.
but yeah should have specified, it's bullshit they favor ranged characters as plainly as that

>>121573427
Bloodlust and Predation are the main reasons, I have to admit I have yet to step into the Ops game in 4.0 but from what I remember playing in the past the favoritism for ranged wasn't as strong in pre-3.0 Ops
they have higher potential DPS and bring in great raid buffs, I don't see why you're so hostile towards them in an Ops environment.
>>
>>121573717
advanced classes haven't had different-looking gear in a long time, m8
>>
>>121573808
And apparently my femsular.
>>
>>121573793
Nah she acts exactly like a sith lord

Then you hit the romance options and she develops multiple personality disorder for those responses
>>
anyone on EH can be my friend? ;-;
>>
How terrible of an idea is it to play a watchman sentinel?
>>
>>121573928
You can argue it's the same as Senya singing when she's not stabbing people with her lightsaber and being a badass motherperson.
>>
>>121573926
Female consular's voice is pure sex so it's no wonder
>>
>chapter 2 of smuggler
Gee I wonder if these people the game is forcing me to work for are gonna betray me

Not like that's already happened every time this game has forced me into a choice during smuggler
>>
>>121574017
I'm leveling one right now because my 'tism demands I have one of each AC and I CBF learning Combat. It's not great for leveling but comps can carry your ass now so whatever.
>>
>>121574061
Yes there is another betrayal and then you can betray at the end
>>
>>121574047
or telling off Koth so hard he starts disapproving curled in a ball in the corner.
>>
>>121574017
The leveling is kind of a cunt at the beginning but I'm maining it right now and it's been great, you just need to accept it's not front loaded at all so if you want to go fast in non-heroics pick Combat or Concentration.
>>
>>121574093
Have you tried Concentration at all? I was torn between Watchman or concentration
>>
I just got a weird bug... I was adjusting my graphics settings and now the game isn't rendering any type of Player or NPC model.

I can see floating weapons just fine, but fuck. I can't play now because nothing will render.

Has anyone else had this happen?
>>
>>121574565
Do Twi'leks have opposite feet or something? Why does she have a left foot on her right leg?
>>
sex with lana
>>
i want to lick Vaylin's pussy
>>
>>121575321
It's dirty, crusty and disgusting because she never bathes.
>>
>>121575386
Oh god i cant hold the boner
>>
>>121575321
Damn it Senya, do you ever sleep?
>>
File: 1444595925382.png (966KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444595925382.png
966KB, 800x600px
>>121575279
>>121575321
>>121575386
>>121575428
this is why everyone hates /vg/
>>
What player character has the most boner-inducing voice?
>>
>>121575502
Because this doesn't happen on every board
>>
>>121575502
>this is why everyone loves 4chan
>>
>>121575581
femChiss Concealment op
>>
>>121575581
feminq
>>
>>121575581
>>121575680
Fem SI is pretty up there too when she's not acting like she's caught a cold
Seriously for like half of Tattooine she just seemed really muted and depressed
>>
>>121575680
I can't do femAgent after Witcher 3, I just hear Ciri
>>
>>121575725
>I just hear Ciri
all the better
>>
>>121575581
Elara or one of the female imp pcs
>>
Why is FemInq's voice so awful in KotFE
>>
>>121575724
Maybe she was depressed. The search wasn't exactly going that well after all.
>>
>>121575803
>player character
>Elara
You are the reason Republic lost the war
>>
File: image.png (21KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 400x200px
Best ship coming through.
>>
>>121575927
what is this trashcan
>>
>>121539952
Get your furry trash out of this thread.
>>
>>121575979
Corellian Gunship.
8 concussion missile launchers
It can rek Tartan Patrol cruisers so your fighters don't get wiped out by OP AI.
>>
>>121575903
But the Republic won.
>>
>>121576076
Exactly what losers would want you to believe.
>>
>>121569737
Literally a token nigger.
>>
File: th[1].jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
th[1].jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>121576076
no
>>
>>121576076
>I Dont Know What Trearty Of Coruscant Is: The Post
>>
>>121570225
If even SWG could survive for so long it did then certainly swtor will. After all I'm one of those suckers buying 14500CC each month.
>>
>>121576390
lol fag they are clearly ending swtor for a new mmo after kotfe
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x480px
>>121576331
There wouldn't be a republic during the clone wars if they didn't win, kid.
>>
>>121576481
Yes does it come from the secret Bioware area 51 department?
>>
>>121576481
name one successful mmo release in last 5 years or so
noone's gonna bother making new mmo from scratch star wars or not at this point
>>
So what do you think of the new companions so far, swgg?
>>
File: 2015-11-06_00071.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-06_00071.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
>look brother how edgy I am xD
Dumb bitch
>>
>>121576861
Senya should have been a romance. There I said it.
>>
>>121576861
Senya is annoying, Koth's kind of boring
>>
>>121576914
i bet you liked inquision too, retard
>>
>>121576492
see >>121576272
also core world accent is the imperial accent by that era
>>
>>121576861
I like them, more than almost all vanilla ones anyway.
>>
>>121576786
FFXIV ARR
>>
>>121576914
Isn't she too old?
>>
>>121576272
OMG THE USA ARE USING AN EAGLE AS A SYMBOL THIS SURELY MEANS THE GERMANS WON WW2.
>>
>tfw no twilek troy baker
>tfw travel to hoth
>>
>>121576861
RAM POWER

>>121577064
rereleases don't count, fuccboi
>>
>>121576861
GIB VETTE
>>
File: ௵.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
>Suddenly get message that I fulfilled some personal conquest goal and get rewards for it
>No idea what the fuck that even is
Probably strongholds somethingsomething...
>>
>>121577105
>LETS MAKE THE EMPIRE SYMBOL THE SAME AS THE REPUBLICS FOR NO REASON
But really chances are they they eventually just merge
>>
>>121576914
just wait for more chapters bruh i feel it will come
>>
>>121577065
Garza's approaching too old and that's solely based on how they did her face. Should having a biological family might be a stretch but a romantic relationship with Senya could be doable.
>>
>>121576914
Participating in bioware romances is a sure sign that you're retarded
>>
>>121577186
Guild related
>>
File: 1417548647047.jpg (10KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1417548647047.jpg
10KB, 600x434px
>/v/ is making fun of swtor again
>>
>>121577310
/v/ is like Koth anon. unnecessary, retarded, annoying and you shouldn't ever care about the shit it says.
>>
>>121577310
/v/ doesn't even play video games
>>
>>121577292

I'm guildless. . .
>>
>>121577310
It's the only way they can derive pleasure now. I kind of feel sorry for anyone who unironically posts in hate threads there, they've clearly got no game they care to be positive about even if I think it's shit.
>>
File: veenutshell.jpg (42KB, 809x207px) Image search: [Google]
veenutshell.jpg
42KB, 809x207px
>>121577310
>/v/
>>
I think the /v/ swtor threads are fucking hilarious
>>
>>121577360
You did it champ!
>>
>>121577194
The republic symbol posted here >>121576272
is the symbol of Bendu, a religion wich existed before the Empire.
And yes they will merge, merge like the russians merged with the germans :^)
>>
File: 2015-11-06_00027.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-06_00027.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
>>
File: Flag-Alliance-Standing[1].jpg (71KB, 445x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Alliance-Standing[1].jpg
71KB, 445x1037px
>>121577472
You are retarded if you don't think Bioware intentionally did this

for fucks sake the symbol for the alliance is this
>>
>>121577735
>laser going through the skytrooper

though the bits where it intersects are pretty neatly done
>>
>>121577742
So what?
>>
File: 1407951176721.gif (1MB, 382x222px) Image search: [Google]
1407951176721.gif
1MB, 382x222px
>mfw the normal Blademaster's Shoto has been in the game for months and has yet to be released
Did BW just forget the Blademaster blades exist?
>>
>>121549209
>those dick sucking lips
i came
>>
>>121578126
I think they want to forget the pencil dick ones do.
>>
File: 1242742869736.jpg (63KB, 625x531px) Image search: [Google]
1242742869736.jpg
63KB, 625x531px
>on Ziost with my Smuggler
>Emperor on the Sixth Line commander's body
>[Flirt] option
>oh this one I have to take
>"So, you, me, take over the galaxy together, have some laughs? Come on, what do you think?"
>he just stares at me in silence
>"Not your type, huh?"
>>
>>121578180
why don't they just delete those and replace them with the normal ones?
I JUST WANT MY SHORT OFF HAND SABER BIOWARE
>>
>>121578181
I don't know how anyone can play anything but femSmuggler

She takes the schlock story as serious as it needs to be, which is not very
>>
>>121578274
>one story is bad therefore all of them are bad

kek
>>
>>121578274
Actually even the no fun allowed Jedi have some pretty funky dialogue options here and there.
>>
>>121578243
Well sucks to be you, only one you can get is the pencil dick one at the moment.
>>
>>121578274
Because all I hear is rugrats
>>
>>121578479
yes brilliant observation, I just don't understand why exactly BW adds the normal ones into the game and doesn't release them for almost two months
>>
>>121578738
Nobody knows. Nobody knows why they made attenuated ones either.
It's just one of those magical BioWare decisions.
>>
>The Klor'slug part of Blood Hunt
>>
>>121579198
>the part of Blood Hunt between loading the FP and leaving the FP
>>
how do you feel about the dialogue wheel
>>
>>121577742
>Republic's institutions remains unchanged, keeps the senate, the Jedi order, center of the galaxy is still Coruscant, etc...

B-but they will merge, look the symbol, it's similar to the imperial one !
>>
>>121577310
I gave up all hope for /v/ after all their gamergate crap

Not even because of the politics of it all but just because that led to a chain of events which killed any decent discussion on there (and it was already rare).
>>
>>121579362
You are hoping that it would make sense, which it won't. But it's clearly what Bioware was intending.
>>
>>121579356
One of the worst "innovations" ever.
>>
>>121579356
worked well for mass effect
annoying that bioware felt the need to push it into all their ganes
>>
>>121579348
>Rishi
>>
>>121579469
First Republic had a symbol completely different than the one used in SWTOR or the later Bendu-inspired one.
The Republic during the Clone Wars and before that presumably had the Bendu-inspired symbol similar to the one used by the Sith Empire in SWTOR.
Where does the Cold War aka SWTOR era Republic symbol come from?
Well most likely BioWare is just fucking retarded and they adapted the symbol of the Rebellion used in OT and the New Republic symbol used in the EU after RotJ.
>>
Reminder that not of it is important or canon
>>
>>121579947
This. Given the previously established lore (aka what was the lore before Disney purged it) there is absolutely no reason for the Sith Empire to use the circular symbol either unless Vitiate is a follower of Bendu.
>>
>Lana Beniko: Yes, my lord.
Sith can still romance their subordinates, right? I won't get fired for that?
>>
>>121579356
If people were going to push it into more games they should've actually kept if like ME where some choices on the wheel can branch into another wheel where there's another 4 or 5 options.
>>
>>121580837
Who the fuck needs so much dialogue in a video game lol.
Just a yes, no, explain options are enough.
>>
>>121581189
We don't have that though. We have no, yes and yes with sass
>>
>>121581275
most of the time it's yes (happy), yes (whatever) and yes (fuck you but I'll do it)
>>
>>121581275
I know, I was kidding. It hurts me that they went for this system in Fallout 4. Even in Fallout 3 you had to be careful with words at times and perfectly understand what the dialogue choice you're picking entails. Having to carefully pick dialogue options was, at least to me, one of the hallmarks of the Fallout series.
I think a well done Dialogue Wheel can be useful and good, but if the choices are paraphrased by a retard or they're 2+ minute long speeches compressed into 2 words, then it ruins the experience.
>>
Are sorcs shit now or are FOTM players just whining that they aren't the peak of existence anymore
>>
File: it's m-my fetish.png (9KB, 235x39px) Image search: [Google]
it's m-my fetish.png
9KB, 235x39px
>>
>>121581772
as in heal? dps? pve? pvp? are you a retard?
>>
Who the fuck is Ralo?
>>
>>121582705
They made the story ten fucking hours short with like five named side characters and you still manage to forget them?
>>
>>121582889
I guess? I just came back for kotfe and I had mail from him.
>>
>>121582053

yes to all fâm
>>
>>121583083
they nerfed changed a single thing about sorcs and gave them the best escape in the game, what do you think?
>>
Is there a helmet that looks like the one from the Bounty Hunter that tries to wrek you in the Nar Shaddaa smuggler story, other than the one that requires literally 60 valor?
>>
>>121583214
>responding to retards
stop.
>>
>>121581542
Dialogue wheel should be like the one in DX: HR.
Simplified choices, but hover the mouse over the choice and you get the full text of what it does.
>>
>>121583214
>nerfed changed
replace one of the words with "havent"
>>
>>121583469
>nerfed havent
What the fuck is that supposed to mean.
>>
>>121583254
no
>>
>>121583737

Fug.
I'm already tired of these kids that think swtor PvP is some kind of eSport that matters to anyone
>>
I thought this marauder squishiness was just a meme but whenever I do flashpoints the marauders literally die faster than dps sages
>>
Can anyone remind me what the latex set is called
>>
>>121579667
It was already shit in mass effect bro.
>>
>>121584026
I know what you mean but it's the price you have to pay for your 'tism, sorry senpai

>>121584032
The Marautard meme has merit, most Sents and Marauders happen to be complete retards, even compared to other classes in this game. You can play them very well but it's very rare for such individuals to exist outside of guild Ops.

>>121584104
Concealed/Revealing Bodysuit
>>
>>121579667
>>121584152

One thing they added in ME2 and 3 that I wish SWTOR had was the ability to interrupt people by shooting or punching them. Imagine if Bounty Hunter could do that. Imagine if you could do it to a Jedi while he's spouting his platitudes at you.
>>
>>121584026
MMO PVP was only gppd when it was mostly emergent world PvP that no one tried to claim was super skillful.
>>
File: butt.png (2MB, 1920x1158px) Image search: [Google]
butt.png
2MB, 1920x1158px
>>121584104
Revealing Bodysuit for the one that shows skin, Concealed for the one with underwear beneath.
>>
Anyone else feel nauseous after playing space missions? Played maybe an hour or so of them and its got me feeling like the room is spinning.
>>
>>121584747
Stop spamming space you suckcocker.
>>
>>121585014
What the fuck? Literally the only space mission thing I've ever asked on here. Fuck off back to your Ebin Cawk should have been in the game instead of the Gravestone meme.
>>
>>121585208
I think it was a joke, anon
>>
>>121584032
Thats because the class attracts the most retarded players in the world
>hurr durr two sabers
>>121584282
>>121584453
>concealed bodysuit pants arent even on GTN on my server
fml
>>
>>121585208
Anon you don't understand.
I meant that you should stop spamming the "space bar" button which causes your ship to spin.
You suckcocker.
>>
>>121585208
He literally means stop spamming space.
Because you know, doing that on a space mission makes your ship do a barrel roll which tends to cause dizziness and nausea if repeated too many times.
>>
>>121585208
wew lad
>>
>>121585342
>>121585386
>>121585396
Totally knew that, just wanted to shitpost
>>
>>121585429
retard
>>
Do any class stories not become really boring with the start of chapter 2?
>>
>>121585830
Consular picks up there.
>>
>>121585847
Might do that, the story dies a death on smuggler and the sith classes and takes ages to build any interest again
>>
>>121585941
Agent's chapter 2 is probably the best of the 3
>>
File: Kixi.png (1MB, 954x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Kixi.png
1MB, 954x1010px
>>121574061
Hey, Kixi never betrayed the smuggler. Kixi is best spacewaifu
>>
>>121586252
That's because she worked for the smuggler not the other way around
>>
>>121585830
JK goes from taking down superweapons, redeeming a Sith with honor and taking down a major jackass to oh god what are these idiots even doing why is there no option to tell them off well that totally wasn't what I expected out of this shitty plan no sir no way.
JC goes from healing masters and taking down a plaguemaster to playing little bitch to a bunch of entitled morons.
SM goes from joyriding in search of treasures against a conman to being fooled into working for the Empire.
T goes from hunting traitors to, uh, what do we even do on Act 2 aga-- oh right gather some dudes to blow up a battleship.
SW goes from undermining competition and taking care of rivalries to taking down the leaders of the Republic.
SI goes from learning the ropes and taking over a cult to start eating ghosts and stuff.
BH goes from hunting targets to hunting more targets.
IA goes from culling an annoying Sithy's upstaging to having to deal with brainwashing, infiltration and shitstorms.

I'd say SW, IA and JK are the only ones that don't suffer from it. The latter comes from all the amusement at the sheer stupidity of the Masters though.
>>
File: arfrziidcmlltlaicw0m.jpg (115KB, 641x487px) Image search: [Google]
arfrziidcmlltlaicw0m.jpg
115KB, 641x487px
>check community index
>6 people

if we could average 1 new person a day we could have 30 people and have happy times
>>
What if we get the Ebon Hawk AND the Gravestone?
>>
>>121586596
What is the point.
>>
>>121586512
BH has better individual planets stories desu and that's all that matters on bh
>>
>>121586534
It's the weekend, people have lives
>>
>>121586534
What are you talking about, Anon?
>>
>>121587284
I put a form in the pastebin to help build a reference on how to find anons playing on different servers if anyone wants to group for content or find others to play with.
>>
>>121587284
The vast community of people who fucked him in the ass. It's only growing by 1 person a day, which saddens the poor anon. He'd rather have 10 people join that community every day.
>>
>>121586512
Smuggler should have had chapters 2 and 3 flipped, so you take Rogun down in chapter 2 and become a privateer/unkowing imp ally in chapter 3.
>>
Do the opposite classes play much differently?

Like say Juggernaut vs Guardian or Assassin vs Shadow

Is there much of a point to making both (assuming same spec)?
>>
>>121587550
They're functionally identical.
>>
>>121586596
>Ebon Hawk
What can the Ebon Hawk even do except go fast? Can it take out 24 battleships at a time?
>>
>>121587463
You need to spam that shit in the thread to get responses

and there's probably a few people new after 4.0 like me who are still levelling with no current interest (or even benefit) to running group stuff
>>
>>121587550
All have different animations i.e. Jugg is brutal Guard is fluid and some have different weapons
i.e. gunsling dual wields pistols snipers use rifles

The only tiny functional difference is accuracy changes from dual wielding and they're gone once you gear for endgame
>>
>>121587631
>spam

If I must. I'll just for a new thread and put it closer to the first post

ALSO I'LL PUT IT HERE IN ALL CAPS. /SWGG/ COMMUNITY INDEX FILL THIS FORM

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Zbfnj6RedV25U-46QChGSJMEZU3k5JIjXkt-vFLFdFE/viewform?fbzx=5366906098721313223

GET RESULTS HERE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_YexPLfTe6cmjOQk5tguVn2zW-K9mFXZNzeFHM46yKk/edit#gid=1108411267
>>
>>121587758
Rifles sounds much more fun.
I wish it wasn't a cover based class, I fucking hate the cover system.
>>
Is playing a Marauder fun? I've played with a Juggernaut once before, but wasn't that big of a fan.
>>
>>121587793
Operatives and Vanguards use rifles and no cover.
>>
>>121587793
IMO the pistols have superior animations

You barely need to use cover now (and crouching counts too), I tend to just crouch before starting combat so I can drop my aoe that kills everything and trigger some passives which give some channeled abilities instant casts
>>
>>121587942
But who wants to be a trooper?
>>
>>121587934
If you can deal with the shit animations it can be okay. Just don't go rushing in like a retard if you do flashpoints.
>>
>>121587934
Do you like pressing a billion buttons and struggling to stay alive?
>>
>>121551334

What class are you?
>>
>>121587979
me
>>
>>121588185
Faggot
>>
you can preorder battlefront at 25% off

http://www.indiekings.com/p/bundle-tracker.html
>>
>>121588291
woo.
>>
>>121588291
Can I preorder it at 100% off?
>>
>>121588026

I'm just tired of Juggernaut style of playing, that's all.

>>121588061

Only one way to find out!
>>
>>121588516
Same reason I rolled a Marauder. One good thing about the new companion shit is I finally don't have to have Quinn with me 24/7. Tank Jaesa is a beast and healer Vette is awesome.
>>
There are two tiers of PvP gear now yes? And they are easy as fuck to get, yes?
>>
>>121588651

>new companion shit

Please do explain. I haven't played the game in about a year, if not more, and have no idea about the new stuff in it.

I did notice however that even as just a preferred played I'm leveling up fairly quickly.
>>
>>121588773
1st tier is like 5000comms
2nd tier is like 12000comms

total around 17000comms since you need the first tier to get the second.
>>
>>121587934
Not a big fan of the animations compared to Sentinel. Other than that, depends on spec.
Watchman is extremely boring (DoT spec, what did I expect), Focus I haven't touched since the days of NiM Draxus at 55 but was ok, Combat is plenty fun.
>>
>>121588813
Any companion can be anything now. Like Kira can tank, Vette can heal, Jaesa can tank, Skadge can heal and so on. They are also absurdly overpowered and if you die you deserve to be castrated.
>>
>>121588773

>These PvP blaster pistols
They look like literal toys. Do they at least sound good?
>>
>Miraluka Agent
>Apparently there's not even an "ounce of Force" within me
Oh... oh no.
>>
What's the stat prio for a madness sorc?

I know Mastery is the most important, don't meme. I'm talking the sub stats, power, alacrity etc.
>>
>>121588813
Companions aren't locked to a role anymore nor do you need to give them gear, they just go up in stats naturally. So you can have Vette be a healer, Jaessa be a tank, and Quinn being benched forever.
>>
>tfw can't decide which class I want to play today
Someone pick one for me, anything but agent as I'm leaving that till later
>>
>>121589000
Also what's the hitcap in this game? Pve and pvp.
>>
How do you pick between being a male so you can romance all the qts or being a qt yourself with the downside of only being able to romance guys?
>>
>>121588975
you're just some blind hobo they picked off the street, quite a success story desu
>>
>>121589153
Roll QT to romance Lana the Potato of Tora
>>
>>121588921
>>121589025

That's fantastic news.
>>
File: ancient memes.jpg (26KB, 454x264px) Image search: [Google]
ancient memes.jpg
26KB, 454x264px
>>121589000
>>
>>121589153
With great difficulty

I'm putting off so many characters because I can't decide on gender
>>
>>121587791
I just now noticed the new OP and I've been going here for quite some time, couldn't you include the name for the SL guild in there? I don't want to be a cunt, but mostly just so if someone on SL from /swgg/ wants the 10% boost or some banter they can get it without having to interact with them filthy normies.
>>
>>121589153
I pick females and don't romance men unless they're acceptable to me. Which is almost never.
>>
>>121589484
Travel to Hoth is the name.

>>121589153
Female smuggler is the only option because you can kek Corso hard.
>>
>>121589226
Pls

There's no reliable site for swtor unlike wow and such with good theorycrafting and logs

I'd expect it to be something like accurary until hitcap > mastery > alacrity (for fast force lightnings) > power > critical

But that's pure theorycrafting based on basic class knowledge from leveling, reading the stats and playing an affliction warlock for many years.
>>
>>121589632
dulfy is your best bet m8
>>
>>121589484
I told you guys a few days ago when you were arguing about the guild bank that I need a list of names people can /whisper to get invited into the guild and any other rules and info you have about your guild

give me that list in either pastebin form or post it here and I'll include it.
>>
Are any of the marauder specs fun now in 4.0?
>>
>>121589883
carnage = sanic
>>
>>121589883
Annihilation is fun, but then again I've always enjoyed it so...
>>
>>121589821
Alright senpai, sorry I missed it.
Everyone in the guild has the right to invite so anyone can be whispered for an invite by just searching for the guild on /social.
No big rules, just don't be a dumb cunt.
>>
File: Characters.jpg (416KB, 1694x988px) Image search: [Google]
Characters.jpg
416KB, 1694x988px
>>121589153

Now a days you are not limited to male romances as a female character. It just depends on whether or not you want to play a female or not. I based my decision more on the VA's.

Also you will be spending more time with your own character than with your romance companion. You don't know when the next update for that companion will happen, or if it will even be good.
>>
>>121590183
Good point anon, I'll go female then.
>>
>>121590183
GIB VETTE
>>
>>121590183
Isn't mrs potato head the only f/f romance

She's an unbearable character so there's 0 appeal there
>>
>>121589821
If you're on shadowlands and you want an invite just search "travel" in the who tab to get a list of guild members currently online. Nearly everyone in the guild has invite privileges.
>>
Can Tora be romanced?
>>
>you will never double team satele with broonmark while quinn and tharon jerk it to you while crying
why live
>>
>>121590384

There are flirts in the later content throughout the game. Sure Lana is the only f/f romance companion wise, but that was not the only concern the poster had.

You will be spending a lot more time with your own character than a companion, so if you want a 'quitie' that is around all the time you might as well make it your character.
>>
>>121576964
I did.

Until I got the Temple of Mythal and my DALISH ELF had to be lectured on HER PEOPLE'S HISTORY BY MORRIGAN.
>>
>>121590945
Fuck I hated that shit. Still actually haven't beaten the game even though I've had it since the day it came out
>>
>>121590145
>>121590487
alright i'll update it once i finish this group thing i'm doing
>>
Is there any way to unlock more avalible cash for preferred?

350k is fucking nothing and I don't want to make a bunch of money while subbed just to have it all be locked when I go preferred.
>>
I'm kinda tempted to kneel to Valkorion, but this just screams possession to me.
>>
>>121590723
>romanced
nigger i'm waiting for the chance to just kill her and you're speaking of romancing that worthless piece of annoying shit.
>>
>>121591112
There's some kind of item you can buy to withdraw over the cap

But it costs a lot
>>
File: ST_TOS_Cast.jpg (37KB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
ST_TOS_Cast.jpg
37KB, 425x319px
What is the best Star Wars game? I've never played any of them.
>>
>>121591269
Star Wars Galaxies
Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight Academy (online)
>>
>>121591183
Kneel anon. Suck his dick in front of everyone.
>>
>>121591269
Kotor 2 for rpgs Kotor 1 is also good
Rep com for fps
>>
>>121589153
Look over the class companions first. A lot of them have romances I'm just not interested in, so they get the "be a qt" treatment.
For example, Smuggler and Inquisitor. Which is great, because then I can be a rugmuncher with that girl in Makeb or Lana.
>>
>>121591269
x-wing / tie fighter
kotor 1 and 2
republic commando
pod racer
>>
>>121591112

You can't increase the cap, but you can purchase the escrow transfers. Honestly you would be better off just subbing every few months or so. That way you got a lot saved up and you can play new content in larger chunks.
>>
>>121591269
Super Bombad racer
>>
>>121591269
TIE Fighter
>>
>>121591269
Rebel Assault.
>>
>>121591383
>>121591247
Seems like a shitty restriction, they should at least increase the cap to 5m or so. Inflation ensures that 350k is basically the same as not being allowed money.
>>
>>121591009
I got why Solas was so anti Dalish because he knew the actual history and they just liked to play pretend, but MORRIGAN?
>>
File: 1444699885064.png (86KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
1444699885064.png
86KB, 467x496px
>two elevators side by side which move at the exact same time
JUST
>>
>>121591269
On top of the other suggestions and depending on who you ask, some people will swear by the RTS games too. Jedi Academy, Outcast, and Rogue Squadron are all solid as well.
>>
>>121591183
Do you want to disrespect Marr's memory after you two decided to crash a battlecruiser into a Zakuul ship that took out 5 more and him going down in a blaze of glory knowing full well he couldn't win?
Sure anon, go ahead. Spit on it all.
>>
>>121591269
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
X-Wing Alliance
Rogue Squadron 1/2
Dark Forces/Jedi Knight II/Jedi Academy
Shadows of the Empire
Knights of the Old Republic 1/2
Republic Commando

These are the ones I liked the most at least.
>>
>check GTN for named character gear just to see what the market is like

>satele shan's tunic
>8m
>malak's entire set
>4m
>revan's belt
>5m
>revan's chest
>100k

Explain
>>
>>121591504
All of Inquisition was meh. Could never shake the feeling that they were trying to make it an MMO but ran out of time and money.
>>
>>121591492
I agree

I'd argue that subs is clearly their main way of profiting from the game but they also have a huge cash shop that's independent of subs
>>
>>121591868
Why not just add an item to the cash shop that increases the max amount of cash you can hold by 1m?

Seems like a nobrainer.
>>
>>121591534
>solo instance with a giant elevator down to the mission are
>it starts at the bottom and takes 15 seconds to reach you
>>
>tfw level 63 before starting any of the expansions
>>
>>121591925
Because then there would be literally no reason to sub once you have all the account upgrades
>>
File: 1444221776161.jpg (56KB, 444x337px) Image search: [Google]
1444221776161.jpg
56KB, 444x337px
>go to make a cute jedi girl
>end up fapping and then shutting off the game afterwards instead
>>
>>121589153
Stop being a fag
>>
>tfw level sync literally neutered every fight that requires you to planets like Hutta
>>
>>121592116
500 cartel coins per week, anon. There's near infinite stuff to buy on the cartel market with the packs and cosmetics. That's what sells, not unlocks. And they crate them, meaning there's virtually no chance you collect everything you want, and if you do, you've given them more than enough cash to not have to sub again and still be profitable.
>>
>>121592218
>per week
>>
>>121592218
>per week
Per month
>>
>>121592201
>travel back to hutta at level 30 on sith warrior
>body the boss in seconds
The stupid part is that it was instanced so they could have scaled it to any level
>>
>>121592201
Yeah, I'm glad I went through SW story about 2 days before 4.0.

Baras and Jaesa's master would have been ridiculous otherwise.
>>
How do I stop abandoning my characters after a while and making a new one all the time

I am never happy with my race/gender/class combo in the end somehow
>>
>>121592502
Accept the flaws of your character and learn to love them for what they are and not what they should be
>>
>>121592502

Brother!
>>
>>121592453
The Nomen Karr fight is fucking stupid now. Think he's scaled down to level 12 or something. Literally takes about 5 seconds to wreck him
>>
Is Dark Side Jedi Knight/Consular entertaining?
>>
>>121592860
Both don't work and are stupid as fuck but con is at least funny
>>
>>121592915

Damn, I was hoping it was done somewhat as decently as a LS Sith Warrior.
>>
>>121593106
Nope. It would be if the theme was "sacrifice X to save Y" and "small price to pay for the greater good".
But it's not. 99% of DS choices are petty murders and even extortions which don't work with who the Consular is at all.
>>
>>121592860
Neutral consular is fun. Telling lies and manipulating people to bolster the republic.
>>
>>121592860
Dark side knight is alright if you make all the light decisions for your main story and do the dark stuff for exploration missions. Honestly though both Consular/Knight feel like they were forced to come up with darkside choices and just threw random shit in their.

>tfw no general title when Satele throws a bitch fit and refuses to make you a master
>>
>>121592860
DS JK is like an even edgier Anakin
DS CS just doesn't work and the game doesn't even acknowledge you doing those "evil" things for the most part which makes it extra dumb. Probably the ONE class in the game that only works one side
>>
>>121593106
The only rep stories which even remotely work DS are smug and trooper

In both cases DS makes you a heartless cunt

And no rep sidequest has a sensible ds option
>>
>>121593291

>tfw no general title when Satele throws a bitch fit and refuses to make you a master

Will they ever kill her off?
>>
>>121593378
Hopefully Marr will fuck her to death with his giant ghost cock
>>
Since I am already here, if there are any other /swgg/ made guilds who want their info put into the pastebin (Other Sixth Line?) tell me now.

If there's anything YOU think should be in the pastebin or corrected please tell me.

Once again looking for pictures to use for the OP.
>>
>>121593378
I am absolutely predicting there will be an RotJ scene where her, marr and valkorion watch as you celebrate with your alliance
>>
>>121593596
If they do that I quiet and will go back to playing World of Tanks
>>
>>121593702
you sound like a bitch
>>
>>121593702
>quitting for an even worse game
>>
>>121593831
Its better because the butthurt is so much more delicious.
>>
Who's the best female VA on the Empire's side?

Also, I never played Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent. Which of the two would you suggest I play first?
>>
>>121593939
Female SI hands down.
>>
>>121593939
fem agent
>>
>>121593939
Agent, no question
>>
>>121583254
>Done a shitton of PvP just for this helmet to reach valor 50 only to find out I misread it and it's actually 60
kill me
>>
>>121593939
Agent is the answer to both your questions
>>
Is Agent really that much better if you first played all others?
>>
File: willie.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
willie.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>>121594110
>tfw i'm valor 100
>>
So for M4's mission is there some sort of afk protection thing or I can just stealth somewhere on the map and wait till the 20 games are over?
>>
>>121594110
>>121594209
What is valor even good for now?
>>
>>121594179
Kinda? You meat all sorts of people who are part of an illuminati that are in every other story
>>
>>121594179
It's not much better but you do get a OH FUCK moment by the end.
>>
>>121594227
no.

also stop being a bitch. there's lots of things you can do to be useful like guard points, make calls and tank/heal. If anything you can practice rotations.
>>
>>121592860
Consular can be entertaining if you take certain approaches.
Knight just, no.

>>121593939
Bounty Hunter.
Can't say no to Grey DeLisle, but miss Colicoid comes close.
>>
>>121594227
Stop being such a faggot and just fucking play.
>>
>>121594459
I don't want to.
>>
>>121539227

>Gault is in love with her
How cute is that...
>>
>>121594401
I played my Guardian like this
>Mix of LS and DS up until Angral kills your master
>Start leaning more towards DS until you break free from the Emperor, which is still fucking retarded
>Now choose the most efficient course of action

Basically my Guardian just wants to win the war by whatever means necessary.
>>
>>121594038
>>121594085
>>121594097
>>121594132
>>121594401

Alright, Agent then.

How does this class play? Can I do a lot of damage?
>>
>>121594717
I don't really feel like answering this question again

just go play it
>>
>>121594717
Sniper if you are easily amused by big numbers, operative for stealth. Go Inquisitor.
>>
>>121594915
mage or rogue?
>>
>>121594981
Fuck if I know, I don't play wow or whatever you are trying to base this off of.
>>
>>121594796

>Just go play it

I will. I'm just asking about it because I never played it before.

>>121594915

>Inquisitor

Already played through that storyline.
>>
>>121595057
sorcerer = mage
assassin = rogue
>>
>>121595056
I bought Fallout and more game time today.
>>
>swtor doesn't have macros

What.

So I actually have to right click this entire stack of 500 companion gifts?
>>
File: fo1.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
fo1.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>121595264
>he bought FO
lmao
>>
>>121595056
F4 gon suck until someone makes a mod with a decent story. You can quote me later.
>>
>>121595484
Fallout is going to suck until they get away from having the pc being voiced
>>
>>121595340
Put it on your action bar and mash the fuck out of the key you assigned.

>>121595412
Yep.
I also bought MGSV and Battlefront.

I spend my money how I want.
>>
>>121595609
>I also bought MGSV and Battlefront.
lol
>>
How much better than Hayter is the female VA for JK?
>>
>>121595609
I'll just get an autoclicker, why can't we give them in stacks?
>>
>>121595831
If you want to rp a jedi that just found out what the force was about 5 minutes ago its pretty good
>>
>>121595831
She at least makes an effort
>>
>>121593291
exploration missions?
>>
>>121595895
Autoclicking has gotten people banned.
>>
>>121595831
So far female VA was better for every class I played

JK, JC, SW, SI, SM
>>
>>121596146
Planetary shit that nobody does anymore
>>
>>121596197
Really?

Jesus

Are they trying to make the gift system as frustrating as possible?
>>
>>121596341
Yes.
>>
ICE
>>
>>121595718
Are you some kind of f2p kid?
>>
tfw all names taken already
>>
>>121595587
Every game will have that now m8, go with the times
>>
>>121596608
>Not selecting twi'lek first in cc to roll names
>Not backing out and going to whatever race you want to use
pleb
>>
>>121596707
>Ana'ratennyo the human
>>
>>121596852
>the human ADOPTED BY TWI'LEKS

anon it's a golden story opportunity
>>
Are there any good looking semi-lewd sorcerer outfits?
>>
>>121596852
Its not that hard to find a short twi'lek name that doesn't sound like shit that isn't taken.
>>
>>121597316
O'oola
>>
Is there a way to find out previous character names I used in the past?
>>
>>121597534
There is. Think really hard
>>
Which has worse animations, Commando or Vanguard?
>>
>>121598209
Talking about deleted characters
>>
>>121598374
Vanguard for sure. Commando at least gets a big fucking gun
>>
>>121598374
The redeemable factor is the commando having a huge assault canon, but the animations are boring and for vanguard aswell. Especially if you compare it to it's mirror, the bounty hunter, which has some of the most amazing animations in the game.
>>
>STILL no badass planet cracking Rautakäsi Force User duels
>>
>>121598374
Vanguard does everything powertech does but with a rifle

It looks stupid
>>
>>121599097
m8...
it's Teräs Käsi, also this isn't DBZ
>>
Who has better armors: Juggernaut or Marauder?
>>
>>121599260
Damn my fucking dyslexic brain.

English is amazingly OK with me.
>>
>>121599278
Mara is pretty badass
>>
>>121597292
Anyone?
>>
r8 n h8
>>
>>121599870
lewd outfits are mostly from the cartel packs so go to Tor-Fashion and browse around for what you like.
>>
>>121599919
>that makeup
lmao
>>
>Dark Side corruption for Sith Purebloods

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>121599982
I really just wanted to fully convince myself that it is shit so thank you very much for setting me straight, man.
>>
Post number is red.

Red is bad.
>>
>>121600014
>dark side corruption for non jedi/sith
>>
Is rage fun in pvp
>>
If they made it so you could always have the Dark 1 eyes, but charged CC for it, would you pay?
>>
>>121592619
Right. I just went through it again and I was severely disappointed. During the baras fight I was having flashbacks to getting my shit pushed in, then I crushed him three time and it was just meh.
>>
>>121600642
do you have an image to show the differences?
>>
>Assault on tyhton
>No younglings to kill
>>
>>121600624
Calm the fuck down
>>
>marr cosplay in all white
>dual sabers
>black core and red
>whatever another marauder
>suddenly kira shows up behind him
Christ, they're just as bad aren't they
>>
>>121601069
Sorry
Maybe I should Focus a little bit more
>>
>>121600885
There's actually a heroic on Nar Shadaa for imps where you fight through a bunch of elite jedi and the last objective is to slaughter some regular weakling trainees huddled in a corner. I got a good laugh.
>>
>>121601416
>>121601416
>>121601416
>>
>>121601295
>suddenly kira shows up behind him
Are you saying you can recruit Kira into Alliance alr-- oh.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only non-edgy Sentinel around.
>>
>>121600656
The first time I fought Baras dude rekt me hard. Don't even get me started on how mad Thanaton used to shit on me.
>>
>>121600885
But there are. I'm pretty sure there's a morality choice at the end what to do with captive apprentices.
Thread posts: 771
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.