[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 96

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1377x946px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1377x946px
Shameless attempt to get cheered on by anonymous people on the internet for doing something only I'm proud of edition.

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.
>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/JMmSrpdE

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is ded.

There is no functional pirate version.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the pastebin
>Read the memes

>I want to play X
Heavy infantry nations with simple magic for noobs: MA Ulm, Abysia, LA Man

Human nations with a lot of diversity: T'ien Ch'i (any age), Arcoscephale (EA and LA), EA Ermor

Giant nations with a major bless: Niefelheim, Fomoria, Ashdod

Necromancy: C'tis, Sceleria, MA Ermor, Asphodel, Lemuria, Nazca

Sneaky Nations: Vanheim, TNN, Eriu, MA Man, Xibalba, Caelum

Edge Nations: Lanka, Sauromatia, MA Ermor, Asphodel, Hinnom
>>
I am proud of you.
>>
File: qsdq.gif (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
qsdq.gif
84KB, 500x375px
>>120834782
:3
>>
>>120833471

Except that description was of a glamour thug, not an elf. Cause all elf units have frost brands, amirite?
>>
>>120835445
Aren't most glamour thugs elves though ?
>>
Cruxador, why did you remove all the elf-lite nations from the elf page? Vanarus and Midgard might not get many elves, but they (and arguably fomoria) are still able to recruit and use elves and elf tactics, even if its no longer their mainstay.
>>
>>120835837
Fine, I'll add them too.
>>
How do you beat an UW nation casting BoT?
>>
>>120836072
Just ignore it and win anyway.
>>
>>120835771

Nearly all* glamour thugs are elves.

Very few elves are glamour thugs.

-

* I'm pretty sure gnomes aren't elves.
>>
>>120835771
all glamour thugs are elves.
not all elves are glamour thugs

you wouldnt use a bean sidhe with big baohbans as a thug, would you?
>>
>>120836334
>a bean sidhe with big baohbans
I'd sure give her my brand to hold if you know what I mean.
>>
>>120836760

You realize that in overly literal mythological terms you now have asked her to go into battle wielding your penis
>>
>>120837463
I never talked about a battle though. I thought about a bondage session with my vine shield and maybe a happy ending thugjob with said brand. No battle in that.
>>
>>120834000

Why is MA Man a sneaky nation, but EA Ulm isn't.

Why is MA Arco not a diverse human mage nation.

Why is all these things silly

Abysia is obviously not easy
>>
File: well, shit.png (178KB, 674x916px) Image search: [Google]
well, shit.png
178KB, 674x916px
Raegan on his way to taking his third capital.
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Fashionably_Late

>>
>>120840563
Why recicling name? Bogarus won.
>>
>>120840920
Fuck off Bogarus.
>>
>>120841073
You cried like a bitch when I claimed supposeddly YOUR thrones. HA-HA, cry more bitch nigga.
>>
Admin of http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FungeonsandWagons, yo! I'd like to join but could you at least switch to Worthy Heroes 1,23 and not 21? Why so outdated?
>>
Guys, what are the spookiest most skellingtastic nations I can play for Halloween?
>>
>>120842741
RMORE
>>
>>120842741

eriu
>>
>>120842741
GEE I WONDER
>>
Looking for a game? There are a few recruiting ATM sign up for one!
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MapmakingIsHard - EA game

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FungeonsandWagons
-MA game

-LA game
>>
Can someone recommend a pretender design/setup for Nazca? Have no idea what to do.
>>
>>120846798
I didn't make any of these I just promote them. I think all of these except the LA one are too big.
>>
>>120838923
MA arco is shit is why.
their cap onlies are glorified Mystics
their troops are worse than Ea/La
>>
>>120834000
I have no idea what's going on here.
>>
>>120847537
Caelum loses his final battle.
>>
>>120847429
MA Arco will wreck your boypussy any day of a week. Shut up with your shitty "opinion".
>>
>>120847969
lolno.
Ma uses EA arcos troops and ea troops are bad for ea they're dogshit in ma.
Astrologers give you nothing you don't get from mystics Ea has oreiads La has Sybils
>>
>>120848353
Astrologers have deep astral, you don't even need to have it on Pretender to fuck up things. And to win you only need astral desu.
In MA Arco hoplites makes their appearance and they are the best infantry ever.
>>
>>120848928
They're basically just myrmidons. +1 prot and longer weapon, -5 defense, -1 hp, and -1 morale (evened out if you were using line formations for both).
>>
>>120848353
>Ma uses EA arcos troops and ea troops are bad for ea they're dogshit in ma.
well that's simply untrue. You have Hoplites and Hypsatists and line holder instead of Caradaces and Myrmidons.
>>
MA Arco has elephants for expansion, which are pretty great in every era for that purpose.
>>
Speaking of MA Arco, what would you give a pretender for them ? More astral ? Or something they don't have ?
>>
>>120851551
Scales and diversity. Astral 4 (and occasionally even 5) base is enough if you're not going for wishes / arcane nexus endgame
>>
>>120842092
done m87
>>
So thinking about Vanarus guide, and they strike me having a lot of things they can benefit from, but don't necessarily need.

Scales: Vanarus has good recruitables in both mages and troops, and their troops are somewhat high in resource cost. So Order, Production, and growth are all worthwhile.
However, they do not require 3 in any of those, as they can't bloodhunt enough to need O3 or G3, and they're resource costs aren't high enough to require P3.

Magic is a minimal usefulness to them, as they have good researchers already and there researchers are expensive so the relative value of the +1 research is minimal.
Misfortune 1 can be taken with Order 3 for extra point, but combining high luck with other good scales unlocks a number of very useful events.

Pretender paths: Vanarus has great magic diversity, able to get 2 points in every path except Astral(which they have none) and Earth (which they have several level 1 mages).
Earth 4 is highly recommended both for the bless and to get earth boots to get your mages into the critical E2 level.
Other than that, there is not paths your pretender needs, but Vanarus can benefit from having higher Air or Death to unlock key boosters.
>>
>>120854150
>can't bloodhunt enough to need O3 or G3
bloodhunting is the least of reasons to take O3 or G3. Maybe play the game a little longer so you can learn about the mechanic called "gold"
>>
File: 1444715431745.jpg (42KB, 556x636px) Image search: [Google]
1444715431745.jpg
42KB, 556x636px
So I understand Turmoil 3 is good for EA Yomi for the Chaos Recruitment rebate, but how should the rest of the scales be, and what pretender would be good?
Should I have high luck and productivity, and a pretender with a good research value to make up for how shite Yomi's magical research is? I'm assuming F9 is a good base as well, but they don't really have sacred units to benefit from E9 or N9 with the exception of some Commanders.

The wiki's a bit bare on EA Yomi, unfortunately
>>
>>120854150
>However, they do not require 3 in any of those
They definitely require both O3 and G3. You are recruiting quite a lot of fairly expensive mages. you are bloodhunting, none of your massed shit is sacred.
Vanarus is a gold hungry nation. Hell I'd take P3 for more gold (and more quality troops on demand)
>>
>>120854150
I actually posted some thoughts on Vanarus's pretenders earlier. E4+ seems absolutely crucial for the boosting that you mentioned and also to get hammers earlier on so that you can start making quills and thug gear for your Vanabogs more efficiently.

Cold 3 is core and money scales are very important because while your mages are good, they're also expensive. You can go either a gold oriented earth snake or a scales / bless oriented dormant pretender. I'd value productivity least out of the gold scales, but even then it's not bad since you can use any gold you can get your grubby Russian mitts on.
>>
>>120854441
>Should I have high luck
If you are taking turmoil, you are taking luck. Turmoil without luck is literally not a thing unless you want to be seriously gimped over the course of the game by piling up negative events.

>for how shite Yomi's magical research
Yomi's research is gr8, mate.
>and a pretender with a good research value
Pretenders don't fix research. They can help with it early on, but even sage with crazy paths is limited researcher outside of early game. If a nation has research issues m3 is usually a solution.

>F9
F9 is shit in general and why would you even consider it for yomi.
>>
>>120854150
they have interesting national summons which can land them into astral 1 ( just empower to astral 2).

it seems like there are no ways for them to access air4, which is extremely difficult to reach and extremely useful for summoning their lategame stuff.

i would go for a god able to summon elemental staff, which also solve the earth problem.
>>
File: 6e6.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6e6.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>Skeleton on every page of the site
Someone hasn't checked on Ermor in a while, have they?
>>
>>120854967
What's a good magic path for EA Yomi then?
>>
>>120854967
>Yomi's research is shit
It's really not. Sorcerers are solid researchers.
>>120855454
It Depends.

N9 is most common, but W9 for shikomes isn't bad, and I've seen people take booster pretenders with things like B4E4A4 before.
>>
>Blitz
>Singlebless Niefelheim
>C'tis attacks me with Sauromancers + his god + 120 skeletor knights
>Rek their lizard boypussies with lmao giants
>Pay Fomoria loadsagems for an alliance
>Offer Fomoria the game
>Fomoria fucks off literally the next turn
>Game ends because host is tired

Niefel giants OP
>>
>>120854441
turmoil 3 luck 3 sloth 3 growth 3 feel like forced choice with yomi.
bringing a temperature to 3 ( i would go for fire even though skeletons are better in cold, probably to be decided based on other nation in the game) sounds like a painful but profitable idea. magic scales are there only for giving you more gems with events as your research would be acceptable even withmagic 0.

the real question is if you want to go for an awake expander, a god with the shit-for-bless paths able to summon your sacred tengus but who also has a bless worth shit for them, or an imprisoned god for blessing your dai oni and use them as thugs for midgame( in that case N9S4-5E4 monolith sounds strong).

i have no idea honestly.
>>
>>120854150
Bless: Vanabogs are great elf thugs, and the Oathbound are quite good troops, making a bless appealing.
Vanabogs thugs require an E4 bless, and E4 is also useful for the nation in general.

However, beyond that neither the commander or troops require a powerful bless to be quite useful, and there is no bless that puts them to dominating status. W9 is the most powerful of the highbless options.
Having no useful sacred commanders outside of your capital, and Oathbound being MM1 makes a high bless strategy harder to push for.

Activeness:
Awake: Vanarus has access to Earth Snake and Ormr, which both provide awake expanders and the necessary E4 for a low enough cost to afford good scales. Both require some caution, as Ormr can build up afflictions and being cold blooded restricts the power of the Earth Snake.

Vanarus does not need an awake pretender to expand. Though without a bless or awake pretender there expansion ability is not not impressive.

An awake pretender is useful but not necessary. Dormant or imprisoned pretenders allow for better bless, scales or magic assist, with the dormant pretender offering earlier access to the important E4 and other magics, as well as extra protection during Vanarus's weaker midgame.

Overall: Vanarus provides lot of options, as their base strength and diversity contains no gaping weaknesses, nor extremely exploitable power. There are many thing that benefit them, but very little they need.

Minimum needs for pretender:
Scales: O1P0G2. Cold should be set to 3 for a free scales
Magic: E4.
>>
>>120856407
>blessing your dai oni and use them as thugs for midgame
>use them as thugs for midgame
Dai Oni can thug very well even without nature bless.
They've got invulnerability/iron skin, reinvig, phoenix pyre, temper flesh, soul vortex natively.
Things that can kill them through those are likely to murder them with a 10 or even 20% regeneration either way.
I feel that sacred summoner god/bless for sacred summons has more use for Yomi than Dai oni bless. They are desperatly lacking staying army.
>>
>TFW your game starts heating up
>TFW everyone has picked a side and is preparing to fight each other
>TFWeveryone wants you to help
>>
>>120854374
>>120854653
gold is always extremely useful. This is true of all non-domkill nations. G3 benefits all of them, and outside of the nations with turmoil tricks so does order (and evens some of those still want order).

That's not a need. Their researchers are gold efficient, their troops are good and not super gold expensive.

There is a difference between need and benefits from. there a lot of things they can benefit from.

>>120855175
true I might include that. But there is a real danger to having low astral on your pretender in a nation with no other astral mages.
Though I should include elemental staff as being very useful to them.
I did mention the A4. I put it with D4 as both get you high magics, and A3 is technically enough to unlock the battle magics vanarus would want.

>>120854756
I think I mentioned both of these, but I'll check.
>>
>>120856417
i never played vanarus, but what do you think about this crazy boy? note that you can get f4 by dropping one scale.

note how the nation has access tof lame skulls, so when the god comes he can craft elemental staff, which allows you to reach E2(eventually higher by empowering someone with blood for blood stone), allows you to reach Air 4 which is extremely good for your summons and for lategame spells. you are a nation with litterally fire 1 water 1 air 1 earth 1 mages so having elemental staffs is gonna be useful.
>>
File: 2015-10-31_22-53-25.png (394KB, 488x529px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-31_22-53-25.png
394KB, 488x529px
>>120857376

>>120856417
forgot pic.
>>
>>120857561
>no hammers until after elemental staff->boots
>Need to leave the elemental staff on just to make more hammers.

Why even bother
>>
File: vanblesssnake.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vanblesssnake.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>120857376
not a fan, posting some options.

This snake was based of another anons idea, as it gives a good bless, decent scales and powerful midgame combatant.
IIRC they had Dom7, which I feel is a mistake as Dom6 is fine a give another scale.
>>
>>120857561
>>120857845
Also, no Reinvig bless for Vanabogs.
>>
>>120858092
>no order 3 misfortune 1 meme
>>
Dom6 keeper of the bridge. N9A4E4. +3 scales.
>>
File: vantitan.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vantitan.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>120858092
this is my new favorite idea, great scales, and gives you access to very good forging items, Air boosters, Staff of Elements. With boosters they can cast several powerful lategame spells.

Also strong enough to be scary in combat for the midgame.
>>
>>120858092
I posted pretty much exactly that. I got a good suggestion to make it O3 Mis1 for the extra reliable cash.
>>
>>120857845
>muh hammers

you don't need more than 3-4 hammers even for a big empire.
>>
>>120858397
Yeah, and you can reliably use those hammers starting from Cons 2 for quills. You're delaying that by practically half the game, and doing so costs you a lot of gems over the course of their lifetime.
>>
File: vanforgbot.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vanforgbot.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>120858268
N9 isn't nearly as good a bless for vanarus as W9 imho.

this guy I'm less sure about, but he basically unlocks a massive amount of forging and casting potential.

All of these options could be made imprisoned for betterscales or bless, but giving up the midgame spell access and in the first two's case, combat power.
>>
>>120858595
I prefer money3/prod 1 for Vanarus desu. Prod 1 is enough for expansion and falls off in usefulness compared to growth or order as the game goes on
>>
File: Untitled.png (450KB, 825x607px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
450KB, 825x607px
Have you worshipped the Lamia Lady of Many Monmusumes today, /domg/?
>>
>>120858793
Wow, there's a filter that turns t b h into desu. I haven't seen that before.
>>
>>120858949
keked baka desu senpai
>>
>>120858949
Haven't you been paying attention to the rest of the site? baka senpai
>>
>>120858595
>n9 isnt nearly as good a bless for vanarus as W9
ok but you're wrong
>>
File: Demilich.png (255KB, 447x330px) Image search: [Google]
Demilich.png
255KB, 447x330px
>>120858903
>Not using the bunny.
Is your order even a rabbit?
>>
File: Alice.png (513KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alice.png
513KB, 600x600px
>>120859237
>>
>>120859125
No, this and /a/ are my only boards and /a/ uses desu way too much even without the filter.
>>
does anyone know if bringer of fortune overrides misf for Bogarus?
meaning do I "have" to take luck for bringer of fortune to gib gem events and shit
>>
File: vanscales.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vanscales.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>120858793
I can see that but it's preference.
And O3 actually unlocks a number of bad events that O2 doesn't. Not that O3M1 is bad, and you probably get more reliable gold with it, but those events exist.
It's why prefer it with nations that have some form of fortune tellers.

And last but not least, pure scales. Prefer monolith to the other immoblies as otherwise the necessary E4 is expensive.
>>
>>120859237
>imprisoned
>immobile
>>
>>120855969
>tries to throw the game
>fuck that up
ayyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>120859139
care to explain why?
Haven't tried it with vanarus, but I found N9E4 on TNN to be nice but not amazing. and in terms of sacreds we're talking very similar setups here.
>>
>>120859741
All I wanted was giant victory

I could have taken the game myself if I wanted to
>>
>>120859764
N9E4 is better for thugs. Tuatha Warriors have significantly lower enc than Oathbound, too, which means W9 is not as bad for them, whereas oathbound will tire out in a handful of turns with W9 where they will be able to fight a long time with N9

Tuatha are also harder to tie up with phantasms
>>
File: I'm the Cook.jpg (45KB, 540x609px) Image search: [Google]
I'm the Cook.jpg
45KB, 540x609px
>>120859897
>I-I could have w-won if I was trying
>Y-yeah
>>
>>120860120
TNN doesn't have as good a WE vehicle as vanarus does.
to be honest I'm more impressed with W4 as a dirt cheap way to had survivability of oathbound than a full W9 bless. Ormr with W4E6 is super cheap, a serious threat in it's dominion, and is a reason to respect smaller blesses.
>>
>>120860594
I had 4 out of 6 victory points needed
Even with my ally gone I still had a darn good shot at winning
And with my ally I could have definitely taken the game
>>
>>120860780
W4E6 makes substantially more sense than W9 does for them, honestly.
>>
>>120857375
>This is true of all non-domkill nations
Domkill too, you need it for forts and temples at the very least. R'lyeh also needs it for mages.
>>
>>120860928
someone else who appreciates the power of small blesses outside of E4 and maybe A4.
Defense 18 Protection 15 troops are really hard to take down.

Main reason I posted the other anons idea was to give the ormr some love because i like the cheap minor bless. The high bless just seemed like an interesting idea I wanted to give credit.

W4 usefullness is one of the major reasons I suggest Ormr over Earth snake if you want to go the snek route for Vanarus.
>>
>>120862303
>earth snake
It's spelled >erf snek
you heathen
>>
File: sadface.jpg (267KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
sadface.jpg
267KB, 1600x900px
:(
>>
>>120863146
Don't feel bad, you're not the only person getting possibly defeated in the next few turns.
>>
File: saddestface.png (1MB, 973x546px) Image search: [Google]
saddestface.png
1MB, 973x546px
:((

Best Start EU
>>
File: rngsaysfuckyou.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rngsaysfuckyou.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>120863342
this was my turn 2.
Then I found out my neighbors were bats.
I'm looking for another game.
Also who's in the best position to hurt bats?
>>
>>120863342
Na na na na Na na na na BATMAN!
>>
File: 1445519566919.jpg (189KB, 830x974px) Image search: [Google]
1445519566919.jpg
189KB, 830x974px
>>120863342
>>120863612
Wait a minute...I know this map. Do you know who got your starting position, long ago, and got rushed by a scrub ? Yeah, you know who it is. Motherfucking Forrester Bob ! The B.O.B. got out of it, and memed it up till the opponent called AI, so you know what to do.
>>
>>120864220
did you also have Level 3 throne in your cap ring locking you off from the only nearby farm?
and play a nation with heat scales so the river was never crossable?
>>
>>120863342
Well, you at least fended off one of their forces. Even if it was a slim victory.
>>
>>120863342
So bats are going to win, right?
>>
>>120863342
>Muh bad start
try starting in the middle of swamps and wastelands with sites that kill your demons, sandwiched between two nations who's only competition is Therodos
Non-wraparound maps, not even once
>>
>>120860971
Ermor and lemuria sure as shit don't need it
>>
>>120865297
How do they build their forts and temples then, you nonce?
>>
>>120865408
Luck3 give tons of gold and they should take that scale
>>
>>120865574
So in other words, they do need gold.
>>
>>120865297
The original quote is that they need gold, not gold scales. Obviously income scales are bad for them, but everyone uses gold and having more of it is universally good.
>>
If I lose an immortal unit in a province that loses my dom that turn, it dies, right? But only if the dom changes due to natural dom spread, since preaching occurs after movement, right? I've read the turn order so I'm pretty sure about this, I just want to confirm since dom spread is a weird mechanic.
>>
Why is my gold income so much lower than I need. How can I get more gold?

I need mages and more expansion parties and scouts and forts and temples and labs and I can afford like two of those things at any given time.
>>
>>120866465
Chances are the provinces you've claimed have shit income per turn. Try checking your Nation Overview, it'll give you a run down of all of your provinces and what income they're giving you per turn.
>>
>>120866718
Aside from my cap and two others, they're all in the lower two digit range. Is that bad?
>>
>>120866935
Very bad, yes. Are you taking mostly wastes/swamps/mountains/deep sea? Farms give extra gold income, plains/forests/sea provinces give normal values.
>>
File: 1364436466901.gif (292KB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
1364436466901.gif
292KB, 352x200px
>>120866935
Well, you can also check your income by going to Recruit Units - there'll be a number near the bottom that shows your total income per turn. If you don't have enough gold from your provinces? Get more provinces. Or try to trade with someone else in the game for some dosh.
>>
>>120863612
Bats started at the top of the map bruh.
>>
>>120867095
Caves, mostly. I'm Agartha, so I thought I was supposed to.
>>
Welp /domg/ I need some EA C'tis advice to be specific what should I take as a pretender? I'm currently thinking of pic related since it has 24 prot to start with and boosts higher when berserk+5 kicks in and has four attacks. The problem is that I'm not sure what to do if he gets an early affliction and how badly the -100 pop a turn will affect me. I would really like to take a saurolich but I don't think I could make it work since I don't know what death spells scale to help me survive the earlygame
>>
>>120870024
well then no one stopped them from expanding down to meet me, because they were the first other nation I saw.
>>
File: 2015-10-31_00001.jpg (197KB, 1360x705px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-31_00001.jpg
197KB, 1360x705px
>>120870991
WELP FORGOT TO ATTACH THE PIC.
>>
>>120870172
Caves are helpful for Agartha since they help you amass olms and so on, but they're still low income and you still need cash.
>>
>>120871174
sloth2 misf1
or
sloth1 misf1 magic2
shaman sauromancer and reborn are all already 9+ RP/turn making them 12 18 and 12 respectively isn't worth not being able to recruit troops, and O3misf1 is almost always worth it, especially since you have an awake expander who can clean up indie attacks outside barbs
>>
>>120873057
So I need to escape the underworld somehow...
>>
>>120874823
I mean, depending on the map you can also get away with just being twice as big as the surface dwellers. That'll give you income parity and way more gems.
>>
>>120876161
I can't be bigger than the surface dwellers, Xibalba exists.
>>
>>120876308
Yeah, in that case you do need to get on the surface somehow.
>>
>No turns
>>
>>120879208
join more games
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MapmakingIsHard
>>
>>120881485
I'm already in two of those, and not counting games that haven't started yet I am in five games.
>>
File: How?.jpg (451KB, 1282x719px) Image search: [Google]
How?.jpg
451KB, 1282x719px
>>120881641
Jesus. 3 lategame wars was already too much for me. How the heck do you manage 5?
>>
>>120882129
Auto recruit and copy pasting scripts
>>
>>120882574
Yeah, that's nice and all, but once you hit late game you need to start figuring out counters for counters for counters for the army that was good 10 turns ago. It takes me a lot of fiddling and testing to figure out what the right spells and items are for each fight.
>>
>>120882715
Have you tried
Gitttin gud scrublord?
>>
>>120882715
Not him but having legit autism helps
>>
File: Always studying.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Always studying.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
>>120884998
I try every day, anon.
>>
>Turn 72
>Two turn files inside of an hour.

I take it that we're all online then? I'm probably going to be a slowpoke on this next turn since I'm finally scripting my armies. To WAR!
>>
>>120887352
Also - no horror attacks! It was a good turn.
>>
>>120882129
honestly hes probably underperforming
>>
Actually, that didn't take that long at all. Benefits of being a tiny empire, I suppose.
>>
New to 4 chan, a bit confused, was looking for a game to join but it seems a little confusing here. Hard to tell which games are recruiting.
>>
>>120890903
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MapmakingIsHard

These games are recruiting.
>>
>>120890903
Ragnoff, we don't use names here.
>>
>>120890903
Ragnoff, maybe you should Fuckoff and lurk more then.
>>
>>120890903
Ragnoff, it is general etiquette to remain anonymous. When discussing a specific game, it is acceptable to use an identifier for a specific nation / game as seen here >>120890818 , but namefagging is frowned upon.
>>
>>120891473
Ok, I will remember that
>>
>>120891840
Yes, remember that Dominions attracts a special brand of autism
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/403950
hype
>>
File: JEz2UqJ.png (23KB, 189x170px) Image search: [Google]
JEz2UqJ.png
23KB, 189x170px
>>120892528
>Yes, remember that 4chan attracts a special brand of autism
Fixed that for you, friend
>>
>>120874617
I don't know about this scooby doo.
You're a sitting duck until you get that sweet sweet horde of skeletons so I usually just try to all in ench5 and go from there.
I think my current prostrat is a wadjet with W3N4, dom6 O3P1H3G1L0M3. Wadjet to expand and give me access to quagmire, relief, and foul vapors. But gift of strength skeletons is pretty fun. And fire on your pretender gives you something vs cold3 blessed giants which will kick your shit in early to mid game.
>>
>>120893696
So is EA C'tis just worst C'tis? LA C'tis has super spammable sacred undead, MA C'tis has the Marshmaster (which would frankly just be massively overpowered if the faction weren't pretty much built around them), and EA C'tis has... what?
>>
>>120894014
Really cheap d2 and rec everywhere d4 access. They are weakest ctis, though.
>>
>>120894218
So is the C'tis end game strategy to take S5+ on your pretender to make rings so that you can crank out Tartarians en masse?
>>
>>120894294
It can be.
>>
>>120894014
Sauromancers give you insanely easy access to D4 and they're cheaper than marshmasters alongside being STR so easy on the gold. I think they're better than marshmasters for that two-man HoS raiding party stuff that will make heaps of players just quit out of frustration.

If you sort out the poor water and nature access, and have enough forts to use all your gold, sauromancers can be better than marshmasters.
>>
>>120893696
let's assume for efficiency's sake you'll only be recruiting mages with 9 base RP per turn, at base level that's 161 mage turns.
with magic 2 it's 132 mage turns.
at m3 it's 121 mage turns.
that mean's that m3 is only 11 mage turns faster than m2 that's almost nothing when compared to not being able to recruit enough troops to defend yourself.
>>
File: 2015-11-01_132324.png (49KB, 452x142px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-01_132324.png
49KB, 452x142px
>getting spitroasted
>getting told about it by one of the spitroasters
>>
>>120893694
>implying its not both merging to create a brand new version of sonic-autism previously unknown to mankind
>>
>>120894550
Well, the reason that I consider MMs to be so strong is the fact that you can easily amass them. I get what you're saying with Sauromancers, though, and I can see how they can be as good or better if you have just a staggering number of labbed forts. It seems to me that this would make EA C'tis more expansion-hungry, since they can use a large number of forts well. I still see StR as being a big downside, since you're getting your power much more slowly unless you really do have infinite forts / labs compared to your gold income.
>>
>>120894960
In chalice of tears I told my victim about my "ally" and he ragequit the game. My ally did not know about our alliance, I just wanted to discourage my victim from diploing him.

It worked. He got so mad he ended the game,
>>
>>120890952
Been trying to find out what settings were used for these, am I missing that info somewhere?
>>
>>120895358
The OP has a guide to multiplayer games.
>>
>>120895358
check "game settings and admin options" on the llamaserver page
>>
>>120895054
Reborns are just a little less as good marshmasters (because of the 1.1DNWS randoms) at casting horde of skeletons, while being less than half as expensive. Sauromancers are obviously far better at it with a D3 base halfing the fatigue so lasting twice as long but it comes out roughly even because of the STR. I say roughly even but of course it's roughly even for something like half the cost since being STR means you're paying 105 gold per turn. Marshmasters give you awesome W/N access which means stuff like sleep cloud, foul vapors, and cleansing water, but aside from foul vapors and the other staple battlefield enchantments which you only need one mage casting to reach its full potential, most spells will detract from your horde of skeleton corp which can be fatal for a ctis that already has trouble getting enough mister skeltals on the field.

I still think I like MA Ctis better because of the insane research meaning you're not a sitting duck for nearly as long.

>>120894918
Take magic 2 and put the other point into growth then, 11 mage turns can be a pretty huge deal when you're trying to fight off a blessrush. You can take P2 if you really want it but it wont do much for you once you're bottoming out your coffers on mages.
>>
File: 1416753437030.jpg (240KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1416753437030.jpg
240KB, 900x1350px
From the King of Kings of the Northeast Oeridia Water Region, Mitt "Cockthirst" Romney. To "check dem trips" the Fomorian, who outrageously attacked the gentle water ghosts without provocation. You should think of what happened to other provinces and submit to us. You have heard how we have conquered a vast empire and have purified the earth of the disorders that tainted it. We have conquered vast areas, massacring all the people, turning them to water ghosts. You cannot escape from the terror of our armies. Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our ghosts are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor armies stop us. Your prayers to the Pantokrator will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations. Only those who beg our protection will be safe. Hasten your reply before the fire of war is kindled. Resist and you will suffer the most terrible catastrophes. We will shatter your temples and reveal the weakness of your God and then will kill your children and your old men together. At present you are the only enemy against whom we have to march.
>>
>>120895967
I'm actually arguing for the guy here >>120871174 to take less sloth by taking less magic and misf1
the wadjet guys build looks fine, personally I would take prod0growth2 but that's personal preference
>>
>>120896201
Oh fuck, yeah sorry. S3 is bonkers.
>>
File: 1445222806048.png (401KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1445222806048.png
401KB, 500x375px
>>120896029

From the Desk of Lord Throbinus:

Cool your tits, brah. Come back underwater and have some crab cakes, we got Poker on in half an hour.
>>
File: We just don't know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
We just don't know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>120834000
Anyone got any tips for playing Theodoros?

Do I just go full ghosts?

Am i meant to use their recruitable units?

How the fuck does ghost summoning work? is there a way to get more than a couple a turn?

Pls help
>>
>>120896535
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Therodos_%28Early_Age%29
>>
>>120896624
Any tips written by someone who knows what they're talking about?
>>
>>120896624
>http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Therodos_%28Early_Age%29

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a wiki
>>
>>120894918
I'm not sure about not just dumping production. C'tis' troops are shit anyways and they have easy access to wooden warriors/mass protection provided they use communions/thistle maces. Better to just mass recruit the slave warriors/light infantry and build a couple forts near mountains if you really need more of their incredibly shitty troops. Their chariots are fine but again for the same amount of resources you could have 8 slave warriors that you can recruit en masse like R'lyeh.
>>
>>120896754
Read the OP, faggot.
>>
>>120896535
Spectres automatically spawn on your fortresses in random amounts - Ephors are units that can call more spectres, but only do one per turn.

There's an assortment of spectres you could end up getting, from basic linemen and archers to spooky sacreds and commanders/research fodder.

Melias and Kouretes are tremendously useful sacreds - they berzerk on bless. Get many of them.
>>
>>120896849
you can have 1 falchioneer for every 6 slave warriors. I'm actually willing to say I think 1 falchioneer would win out in that fight.
>>
>>120897156
Falchioneers may be massively more gold efficient, but be careful for hyperbole, dude. 6 slave warriors will get 6 attacks in on the falchioneer. That's not a remotely close fight.
>>
>>120897279
their bites will rarely hit, and they have worse morale and worse defense.
>>
>>120897156
>page 86 manual
The defense roll can also be modified by a multiple attack penalty, which is what
happens when a single unit is attacked by more than one enemy in the course of a single combat round.
This is 2 per attack after the first one, so if a unit is attacked by a second unit during a combat round, it suffers a -2 penalty to its roll. If it is attacked by a third unit, it suffers a -4 penalty, and so on.
Pretty sure that the falchioneer would lose.
>>
>>120897402
Again - I agree that falchioneers are much better, but 6 slave warriors will absolutely crush one falchioneer. They might lose one, but they probably won't.
>>
either way "don't take sloth 3 that's silly" is my whole point to this.
>>
File: 1446180353303.jpg (355KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1446180353303.jpg
355KB, 1000x750px
>>
File: select_your_pretender.png (290KB, 545x474px) Image search: [Google]
select_your_pretender.png
290KB, 545x474px
>>
>>120897636
>>
>>120897279
>6 slave warriors will get 6 attacks in on the falchioneer. That's not a remotely close fight.
I'd expect he means in a large scale fight, where numbers are less important since not all of them can fight in melee simultaneously.

I still think the falchioneers would lose facing 6:1 odds, but it would be a lot closer.

>>120897402
>their bites will rarely hit
Putting aside attack reductions from multiple attacks that >>120897460 mentioned, slave warriors have 11 attack, compared to falchioneers' 10 defense. More than half of their bites will hit.
>>
>>120899786
I mispoke there, I meant to say "rarely do damage" since prot 14 vs 13 damage is pretty good.
>>
>>120899919
>since prot 14 vs 13 damage is pretty good.
That's still only a 62% chance to avoid damage from a hit (at 0 fatigue, it gets worse as they get more tired), I don't think that's enough to say they rarely do damage.
>>
>>120848353
>>120847429

Clearly a fucking SP fag.

Never had his shit ruined by ethereal ironskinned fast elephants.

Thinks 4S for Mind Hunt is 'easy to get to', doesn't understand that saving pearls from empowering and not needing to forge hats and coins is good, as well as being able to mass drop mind hunt on low-MR targets is completely godlike.

Doesn't understand that mystics are the meat of the nation and oreiads and sybils are a sideline at best behind the massed alteration and evocation firepower of your cheap-ass mystics.
>>
People up there whinging about expansion, it's great. If your expansion sucks that much, you spent too many design points on midgame. There's a few maps with big enough areas of 'lol wastelands' that you can't tunnel to safety (aka gold), but they're extremely rare and even more rarely played. Fast expansion is a must unless you're playing against scrubs or are a disciple of the graphs-on-gangbang. Basic fact of play.
>>
>>120901526
I could expand just fine, but I was on one of those maps, and the only path to a nearby gold province was blocked by a Level 3 throne. The closest farm was 5 provinces away.

I should have pathed better in hindsight, but I'm going to say I got screwed by the rng.
>>
File: Best God.png (378KB, 557x545px) Image search: [Google]
Best God.png
378KB, 557x545px
How could this possible go wrong?
EA Mictlan.
>>
>>120905354
It's flawless as a flower, just like you.
Jesus christ those fucking scales
>>
>>120905354
Why the fuck would you go full sloth and +2 order?
>>
>>120905354

Well it's.. certainly.. something.

Why not just..w9b9? And some better domscore?
>>
>>120905550

Because jags don't need much res to build, and each point of sloth is -2% income, and each point of order is unrest reduction and +5% income?

I uh. What exactly is your issue with that combination? Like i'm not that guy, and also not the hugest fan of heavybless mictlan, but your comment doesn't actually make any sense.
>>
>>120905354
W9N9 is good against random indie shitters, but you'll get eaten alive by the combination of Tangle Vines and Slings+Arrows, especially of the Flaming variety.

Later on you'll have a bad time getting through heavy armor, and mages will obliterate your units EZPZ

I mean, it's not a terrible bless, but I think Mictlan really wants Blood 9 to help punish archers and mages while also making Jaguars and Ozelotl/Beast Bats do great damage
>>
>>120905550
I don't understand what the problem is.
Does it unlock some shitty event?
Mictlan doesnt need resources.
>>120905590
Having a bless which at the same time rewards getting hit and makes you better at not getting hit doesnt seem very efficient.
>>120905423
I was thinking of going misf3 for 3 growth. /s
>>
>>120905893
Drain unlocks events which take away your gems, which increase in severity by misfortune and drain scales. Drain 3 / Misfortune 3 (easily possible with random events, including global events which increase misfortune worldwide) unlocks an event which takes away ALL of your gems. Note that these events, like almost all events, are triggered by province, so a global misfortune increase would mean that every province you own has a chance of taking ALL of your gems.
>>
>>120905856

Ozelotl really don't need help doing damage. They mostly need help living if there's too few of them and they scatter while flying in. Which is the common cause of ozelotl death.

Blood vengeance doesn't punish archers. It makes them slightly sad. You're sadder though, because archers are cheap and jags aren't. It's real use is to kill enemy army clearers. Fire stormers and eqers and rain of stonesers and so on.

Overall, the ''Mictlan needs blood9' thing is a domg myth, as far as I can determine, due to some extreme love of maerlande.

Jags are great units even if unblessed. If you must bless them, you have many choices. Blood is a decent choice because it stops armyclearers and it gives a damage boost vs armoured foes, but it's not clearly superior. W9 is 'superior' because you close distance faster and clear defenders faster so enemy magic has less time to work. N9 is 'superior' because it gives you survivability and easy thugging and makes jags really good blockers for mictlanmagetactics. F9 is 'superior' because it clears out enemy thugs and glamour. These are all choices you can make. And like D9 is pretty worthless, unless you're going all in and deciding n9b9d9 is what you want to do (which I never would).
>>
>>120906228
It's worth noting that N9 and D9 both give their bonus HP / undeath to both forms, in some sense effectively doubling the effectiveness of that part of the bless. They still become crippled wretches fairly quickly if you go this rout, but I wouldn't call D9 worthless because in any given battle it, like N9, increases their HP dramatically.
>>
>>120906205

Mictlan relies on tiny researchers, so shouldn't go drain anyways, but you can just put all your gems on guys in safe forts, and take them out when you want to use them. Micro intensive, but you don't lose gems to those events.

That said, in dom4, they were made much rarer. You will likely never see those events, ever.

>>120905893

B9 doesn't reward being hit. 'oh a chance to reflect some damage to a random archer' is completely meaningless on your expensive sacreds. B9 gives extra damage via str, and kills mages that drop large aoes (and stops things spamming EQ at you, as well).

The synergy is that quickness + str = fast clears, giving large aoe casters death keeps your now-expensive (double bless = expensive) jags from being murdered en-masse (although with a double bless you should NEVER be massing these guys, keeping small squads is the way to go, siege with crossbreeding chaff and wolves).
>>
>>120906205
That sounds pretty bad.
So would you suggest going misf1 or drain2?
I'll be taking a point out of order for this.

Though it might not be all that bad in a heavy blood economy.
>>
>>120906537

If you're taking scales like that, you likely won't ever have a strong blood economy. Switching to ozelotls is something scales mictlan can afford to do, but double bless mict takes longer to get to that point (even if you overrun all your neighbours quick smart) to the point that you're often just using regular jaguar warriors even in the lategame. You just can't afford to buy enough mages to switch over to a blood economy in any sort of quick time.

>>120906485

HP is not really a good stat. Enemies taking longer to chop through your meat is only good if you have something else happening that is making them lose while they do that. For double (or triple) bless mictlan, your jags are that thing. If they're crippled, shambling, monstrosities with only Death Weapons helping them fight, they will likely not kill much of anything before the enemy hews their way through them. Some nations can holy tarpit, like niefelheim and agartha, but mict isn't really designed around that.
>>
>>120906849
>If you're taking scales like that, you likely won't ever have a strong blood economy.
You say that but it's not like my income is being penalized any.
>>
>>120906205
>>120905893
>>120905354

no one ever wants to go misfortune 3 drain 3. in fact no one should ever want to go misfortune 1 + drain because even the smallest gem loss event hurts like a motherfucking metheorite swarm on your capital.
misfortune scales can easily reach 3 with bad omen event.

but there is a solution to that! you don't lose gems if you put them on your commanders. so every turn you are supposed to stash your commanders(mostly researcher) with all your gem income, recovering them only when you need to cast shit.
if you have the balls to play like that go ahead, but holy shit is that F4 necessary?

alternatively you can go triple major bless and fuck your growth scale. the theory behind that would be " i conquer shit and snowball to victory faster than what death and misfortune scales can hurt me".
>>
>>120907189
>but holy shit is that F4 necessary?
F4 just makes my jaguars that much cooler
>>
>>120907403
You could also do that thing where you intentionally don't spread your dominion and make sure to blood sacrifice only in a little enclave of +dom to ensure that you aren't dom killed, but that's incredibly risky since someone that catches on to what you're doing can simply end you by applying dom pressure in the right place.
>>
>>120907403
>+2 to hit for 3 scales

no, just no
>>
>>120907189
And then your commander gets assassinated. To make it work, you need to spread your gems out, which makes the micro for this to work incredibly tedious.
>>
>>120907854
+2 to hit means 20% more hits on average.
>>
JUST LATUS MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
>>120907982
That's a massive oversimplification of how it works, which is only valid if your attack and the enemy's defense are roughly equal.
>>
>>120907945
it's rare for your commander to be assasinated without short notice, but of course spreading them is better.
>>
>>120909096
>>120907982
>>120907854
>>120907403

no one gives a shit about attack on human troops. you want + strenght because high protection units is what really stalls the game and what lategame alteration tend to do, and it's useful against SC too.
werejaguars have 6 attacks per square and they start at 12 attacks so they will eventually hit w9 cavalry, and fatigue wihch enemy will gain from the standing power of jaguars solve this decently.
as w9 cavalry is usually expensive as fuck you can solve them with spells too and be happy to remove 110 gold of sacred with a single leech cast.
>>
>>120896965
Pretty sure you mean Korybants not Melias, Melias are pretty much essential and luckily don't beserk on bless as that would make using them to bless the sacred units pretty hard due to the AIs preference to self - bless.
>>120896914
To be fair to him there are like four people playing Therodos, and in about half the games Therodos was/is in it's me. Given the wiki was mostly dead till a few weeks ago....
>>120896308
>>120896029
Yo, Therodos pride worldwide!
>>
Hey Therodos, are you around?
>>
crossbows
>>
>>120894960
I guess you are my Ur right? I am sorry but kailasa was too much of a bro, ans you were totally wrecking him.

BTW ELJUDNIR HOW FUCKING TOUGH YOU ARE. You have like 5K undead in 6 provinces.
>>
>>120909885

The wrongness of this could not be wronger.

What you want is str vs armoured giants and such, and atk vs fucking ponies and such.

Your oversimplifications are awful.

Jaguars like the str boost but they also like the attack boost. They tend to miss a lot, especially without werejaguar form, which doesn't happen as reliably as you're intimating.
>>
>>120918192
not worth 2+ scales.
>>
>>120918273

Of his bless, that part, the f4, that part I agree with. Reliable fire boosters and shoring up jag atk weakness? Solid.

That it's 2 scales right in the pants? Not solid. Not worth it given how many other blesses he's bought.
>>
So I just subbed in and all my shit is made of hoburgs.

What up.
>>
Any games in lobby?
Only game I'm in got like a week long extension.
>>
>>120911274
I am now
>>
>>120918532
Well I'm your Hoburg buddy to your north, you were removing some elves to the south but they may be mostly dead, your sacred deer cavalry are awesome.
>>
>>120920017
How much were you wanting to sell that stuff for?

You didn't say anything in your message.
>>
>>120918742
>>120890952
>>
File: 1440924732779.jpg (7KB, 267x323px) Image search: [Google]
1440924732779.jpg
7KB, 267x323px
>>120917934
>BTW ELJUDNIR HOW FUCKING TOUGH YOU ARE

>expecting modnations to be anything but OP
baka senpai
>>
>>120920126
By the way, there's no need to worry about a collision at 58 anymore. I decided to move elsewhere.
>>
>>120920390
I wasn't quite sure of the usual price for blood slaves, it should be three a turn (luck scales woo).
>>
>>120920535
Is 10 gold per slave acceptable?
>>
>>120920832
For you? Yes, given our fairly amenable status towards each other.

The first three were a gift so don't worry about paying for them.
>>
>>120920483
They are very super special snowflakes, but not OP. Undead nation made of things with low MR and no astral neither national Mr spells. Still, I am Berytos, it''s hard to get more OP than Berytos
>>
>>120920990
Lovely. Nice doing business with you.

If I were you I'd go to Vanheim, they'd probably be willing to pay more since they can't bloodhunt as well. Then again, I also have very little knowledge about how much blood slaves are worth, so I could be overpaying.
>>
File: 1435460765030.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1435460765030.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>120921324
LOL I"M LOvING THINS MEME
"""""""""""BALANCED"""""""" MOD NATION< LE EBIN SNOWLAKES
JUST LET ME WIRTE A DOOMINIONS FANFIC WITH 9k+ HOURS IN PAInT SPRITWEORK AND EBIN OP UNITS AND MAGES WITH ALL PATHS
>HURRRRRRR WHY DOES NOONE PLAY MODNATION GAMES?????
BECAUSE IT"S A FUCKING OP MESS, NOTHING GOOD COMES FORM MODDERS, EVEN K8 WAS SHIT
I WANT THIS """""""BALANCED""""" MOD NATION MEME TO END!!
>>
File: Italayyyylmao.jpg (137KB, 1320x500px) Image search: [Google]
Italayyyylmao.jpg
137KB, 1320x500px
>>120921992
Now, this is what I call shitposting.
>>
>>120921992
That's Shit posting! I fought him for 40 turns, and even if I though they were OP (they gave a ridiculous amount of reanimation and they can also recruit ridiculous troop in cold provinces) they aren't that powerful.

They are also resisting alone with like 10 provinces vs me and Lagos and we are the 2 biggest nations, with our total provinces being probably like 50 or 60.

Also 900000000000000000000 skellingtons in a forr
>>
>>120921332
Gems are about 40 to 50, slaves are worth a variable fraction of that, so I think it's reasonable price if generous to you.
Probably could get a better price elsewhere, but asside from R'yleh who is not predisposed to breaking into blood, I feel it's better to take a price hit and have an ally gaining the resources than selling to someone whom may at some point be opposing me or an ally.
>>
File: Untitled.png (515KB, 651x622px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
515KB, 651x622px
What's going on in this thread?
>>
>>120899309
because 1 sloth isn't enough, and 2 sloths is too few!
>>
>>120924657
>f9
>not w9

get the meme right.
>>
>>120920126

Hello BurgFriend

Yeah, a lot of these units are pretty cool. Thematically, this nation is top notch classic dominions, with the whole hoburg humble blood binders and what not.

I also like the Elite Irregulars, very Tanith First and Only.
>>
>>120928606
I have they Heavy Swordmasters and Heavy Elite Swordmasters, the difference being the latter wear a very slightly better hat.

Oh and my sacred archers turn into tiny earth elementals when they die.
>>
>>120890952
>http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Fashionably_Late

joined this, noticed "Unexpected Nation" as one that joined
>>
>>120929106

I have no regular irregulars, just elite irregulars. They're stealth quarterstaff guys with great stats. Reminds me of that hoburg mod nation, that had apple tree SCs and gluttonous sacred hoburg knights with 21 prot.
>>
I fucking hate the AI in this game.

>Ally with guy for ages
>Guy quits out of butthurt
>LOL I'M AI I ATTACK U WHILE IGNORE INVASION :D

Seriously who the fuck thought that was a good idea
>>
>>120930371

The AI has two settings, never forgive, and never forget.
>>
>>120930243
There were beserk 5 sacred sobeks with magic axes.
WERE.
>>
>>120930371
the problem is with your ally wanting to ruin the game and go AI when he still had stuff to play.
>>
File: 10000 hours.jpg (178KB, 1660x460px) Image search: [Google]
10000 hours.jpg
178KB, 1660x460px
And there goes another three golems.

Four in total, each with two frost brands, an armor of knights, a skullcap, boots of quickness, and a ring of the warrior.

65 gems a piece (including the cost of the golem), minus forge bonuses, plus however many gems you consider 5 slaves to be worth. Around 260 gems gone so far, lost to some S1s. More next turn, too!
>>
>>120932528
Shit, you're making it look easy. I mean it's not that hard, but damn.
>>
>>120932528
The biggest nation in the game is losing gems? Good. Now dispel your own Nexus, and I will consider you the winner :^)
>>
>>120932528
What are you spamming?
>>
>>120930371
How can you be allies if you worship different gods?
>>
>>120922163

Why is Sausage even in there? He only posted for about a week and never contributed anything of note.
>>
>>120940439
By sucking eachother's dicks and rimming eachother's tailholes of course.

Sheesh do you even know how to please a man?
>>
>>120940732

The image isn't for meaningful contribution, it only shows the greatest public personnalities /domg/ ever had. The Holy Trinity of memes and shitposting.
>>
>>120941345
Crone didn't meme.
Memeing was done in the name of crone.
>>
>>120941345

Should be Crix rather than Sausage, then. People STILL remember the shit he pulled in World War Crone, and it's been years. And he'd still stand up and defend those decisions. Sausage just fucked off after a couple weeks.
>>
>>120941064
Seems like you're a little more than allies.
Does both your gods condone such behavior?

I know my god doesn't.
>>
File: 2205_1.png (85KB, 580x880px) Image search: [Google]
2205_1.png
85KB, 580x880px
>>120941762
My god is a strict submissive.
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00001.jpg (447KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00001.jpg
447KB, 1366x768px
Well, LuxInvicta is now finished, GG gents

My first MP victory, also my first time trying Caelum. Overall an interesting game,Graph Incoming
>>
Well, GG. I'm slightly disappointed that I never got the chance to field my main army against a similar force, but it's mostly my fault for taking that long before heading out. I was super behind after losing the initial war against Helheim and wasn't able to rebuild before Caelum got all the thrones.

The two other large nations aside from Caelum went AI rather than actually fight it out, so BOO! to Agartha for ditching the game.
>>
>>120941706
I didn't make it, merely saved it.
>>
>>120943376
Eh, I did the best I could
>>
I want to learn a new EA nation, /domg/. I can't into blood very good, and I like having powerful and flexible troops supplemented by evoc spam or just elemental magic in general. I haven't really tried a bless heavy nation, but what would make me want to try it would be recruit anywhere sacred that are supplement to the nation, rather than it's only trick. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 2205_1.png (1MB, 1128x724px) Image search: [Google]
2205_1.png
1MB, 1128x724px
>Dumb and dumber leave
>Have to deal with shit like this happening on my rear end while fighting Caelum
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00002.jpg (83KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00002.jpg
83KB, 1366x768px
>>120943243
Province graph, as you can see Ermor got attacked by several different people early on, then he went AI.

After that we decided to remove vanheim and let helheim and bats fight each other. Vanheim was reduced to his cap but he didn't went AI until the very end, so props to him.
>>
>>120943895
Ahahaha. Sorry. Did the 8k help? I don't know how to play Marverni, I just wanted to see what an experienced player's late game set up looks like.
>>
>>120944239
I really didn't need any money
Your gems would have been nicer
But thanks I guess?
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00003.jpg (62KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00003.jpg
62KB, 1366x768px
>>120943243
>>120944226
Forts graph.

by the midgame the 3 biggest nation is me,Agartha and Maverni, Helheim and Bats is crippled thanks to their war.

So I decided to let Agartha and Maverni fight it out and not committing to fight anyone.
>>
>>120944402
He sent me the gems, but the only thing I was able to spend them on was a few Balaams and I was starting to build up a horde of fire stuff.
>>
>>120944706
>Crippled
Stronk enough to smack your main army around bitchboi
Now lemme suck your pantokratr dick
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00004.jpg (87KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00004.jpg
87KB, 1366x768px
>>120944706
>>120944226
>>120943243
Income Graph

By the time it was clear that Agartha is beating Maverni I decided to step in.

I won 2 small skirmish and Agartha decided to go AI. After that point it was smooth sailing for me.
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00005.jpg (64KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00005.jpg
64KB, 1366x768px
>>120943243
>>120944226
>>120944706
>>120945062
Gem graph

I got Gale gate and Well of misery up so I got a nice income.

The only major battle I lost is the one battle vs elves in the OP, it's the final throne I need to win so that loss delayed my victory by a few turns.
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00006.jpg (59KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00006.jpg
59KB, 1366x768px
>>120945419
Research Graph

>>120943376
Yeah, I was actually excited to fight Agartha, was disappointed when he went AI. Also, Your Astral Corruption actually killed my pretender twice
>>
File: 2015-11-02_00008.jpg (79KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-02_00008.jpg
79KB, 1366x768px
>>120945817
Army Graph

>>120944813
Eh, I don't really know your situation but I assume is not that great when you subbed in.
>>
>>120929223
That's Lemuria
>>
>>120944226
>three grey lines
Annoying desu
>>

>>
>>120946880
baka desu senpai
>>
>>120946916
what happens with the "unexpected nation" in Fashionably_Late?
>>
>>120947132
It's a super secret nation that you can only get with special developer dlc
>>
>>120947132
It's called LEMURIA you newshit
>>
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

Friendly reminder to contribute to the wiki.
Friendlier reminder to contribute useful tidbits.
>>
>>120945817
>Also, Your Astral Corruption actually killed my pretender twice
In that case, I regret nothing. What a great game.
>>
File: I'll make you popular.png (178KB, 636x239px) Image search: [Google]
I'll make you popular.png
178KB, 636x239px
>>120948351
I literally built my pretender to cast Astral Corruption. The bless was also pretty good for beast bats, though. My plan from the get go was to turtle to late game, piss off everyone with astral corruption, and then turtle behind an impenetrable wall of bats while the world burned.

Near the end of the game, I lucked into a province that let me recruit S2+ sorceresses, which I then empowered into horror casters. I think next time I do a blood nation, I'll go for one like Mictlan that can get horror casters reliably since they were a lot of fun to use. I probably won't use astral corruption for that build, though, since the lesser horror spam on its own already looked pretty dope.
>>
Anyways, this game taught me that Xibalba shouldn't go to war until they have an army of demons since their regular troops just won't cut it for anything other than raiding undefended provinces. It also reinforced the idea that the best path to victory is to avoid fighting any wars that aren't one sided in your favor.
>>
>>120947265
Interesting response.
>>
>>120949137
Note that LA Gath and Abysia are good horror nations
>>
NORMIES JOINING MP AND CHAIN STALING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GTFO MY GAME NORMIES
>>
Will a magic carpet allow a demilich to move?
>>
>>120950565
Gath looks interesting since they get blood hunters that don't natively eat the populace and generate unrest, unlike Hinnom. LA is the era of big blood, though, which will make it harder to win the race for the cool uniques than EA and makes the horror spam less exclusive.

I'm not a big fan of LA Abyssia just because I dislike fire magic. This isn't even about the 'fire magic sucks' meme so much as it is that I like the battlefield effect / force multiplier side of magic over evo spam, even if the evokers were otherwise very good.

>>120952002
I don't think so, but the thought of a skull flying around on a carpet is great.
>>
>>120890952
Just going to link to this. Three games recruiting. LA game only needs one more player, EA game is half full and none of the elf nations have been taken. MA is going to take awhile but most of the nations are still available.
>>
>>120952503
Holy crap, that LA game is basically all blood nations. If the last player grabs Mictlan, it'll basically be all blood except Atlantis and Lemuria
>>
i am building a pretender for kailasa:

-will N9 bless for my communion stack with a regeneration buff?
-will a W9 bless stack with quickness given by Celestial music(will i get 3x attacks?)? i was often told that quickness stack only in the +defense + attack side of the thing.
>>
>>120953154
Ragha's blood is meh at best. They're great to spam devils and vampires with but outside of that and sabbath's it's not noteworthy.
>>
File: It's time.jpg (5KB, 196x104px) Image search: [Google]
It's time.jpg
5KB, 196x104px
>>
>>120953310
Yes
No, you were told correctly
>>
>>120953154
Late age is the era of blood and death so it's kind of expected.
>>
>>120953353
Ragha's cool, but I have no idea how they work. I need to play them one of these days.
>>
>>120952002
>tfw you can't forge a backpack to carry your demilich around the world
life is suffering
>>
>>120953612
You can make a pocket lich, though.
>>
>>120953425
All those gems seem like a heavy burden, anon. I wonder what you're gonna do with them.
>>
>>120954625
I dunno. I don't have time to do anything right now.
>>
>>120954707
What nation?
>>
>>120954896
>burden
>time
Take a guess.
>>
>>120955053
Abysia?
>>
>>120955053
Marignon?
>>
>>120955159
>>120955207
Yes.
>>
Is Amuys ded?
>>
>>120955626
Probably.

At least he sent his last turn before his demise.

He's the admin though, so we'll have to e-mail llamabeast to set him AI.
>>
>>120955626
He was on steam early this morning / late last night. I haven't had a chance to ask him how he's doing.
>>
>>120955626
The Chinese finally captured him and are keeping him in a top secret bunker with no internet.
>>
>>120955821
It was the methhead who killed him.

It was probably the guy who was playing Pangaea.
>>
>>120955919
While it's true that Pangaea played poorly, I don't know that meth heads have a recognizable playstyle
>>
Pythium, did you just fail the dispel or what?
>>
>>120956472
Wasn't Sceleria going to cast it?
>>
>>120956472
He used the gems to summon more golems.
>>
>>120956648
Good thing R'lyeh killed them all then.

Like I would send pearls to the strongest S nation in the game.
>>
>>120956612
Sceleria is gathering some more gems and is casting next turn. I advised him to make sure it did bounce.

Also, bold move Eunuch, letting me take your cap while threatening to retake the throne fort.
It's not going to work, but bold.
>>
>>120946916
Just need 1 more for this one
>>
>>120958393
admin switch it from 11 to 10 players, good.
>>
>>120957707
Facing imminent destruction, every move is a bold move.
But I reckon between you and Sceleria, one should have just used me to harass the other while attacking them. Much more to gain the the slim pickings between you both from my wasteland peninsula
>>
>>120958610
yeah, I may not join this one, though I do have a hankering for LA tien chi
>>
Man, why do EA Yomi sorcerers have to be shit. If they had Bakemono Sorcerers instead they'd be great.
>>
>>120959074
They're pretty great lab monkies desu.
E can cast buffs
D can skelespam
A can turn2 RoS with boots
F can either magmabolts or banefire dart
>>
>>120962658
>A can turn2 RoS with boots
turn1, just use another gem.
>>
>>120962658
Oh and non E randoms with either earth boots or an E gem can cast earthpower for cheap reinvig if that's something you need.
>>
>>120959074

Expensive, old, bakemono sorcerers, the ideal unit

at the low low price of like 400g or some shit

you know what's an actual good wizard? The fucking ulmish smith. No fuss, no muss, just solid paths for a day's work at a bargain basement price. Comes with hat! Sometimes isn't old!

Or the Sequani Stargazer. 45g, astral-1. No fuss, no muss, produce out of palisades, deploy in bulk.

Or the freaking illuminated one or whatever, the LA ulm guy. Wow. Recruit anywhere, s1, stealthy, only 75g!
>>
det
>>
File: Good post.jpg (382KB, 1270x717px) Image search: [Google]
Good post.jpg
382KB, 1270x717px
>>120964535
You're not only right, but the way that you wrote that is great.
>>
>>120964535
while your mostly right, outside of the ulmish smiths those units are only good because they can be combined with a more expensive but powerful mage.

Smiths are at a good enough power level to get work done, but the massed communion slaves aren't much use without a master to power up.
Expensive powerful mages have a use too.
>>
>>120966025
>massed communion slaves
>using Sequani as communion slaves
Plebian desu
>>
>>120966025
Mass communion slaves can stellar cascades easily even of they don't have an S3 to cast LotNS
>>
>>120966025

Cascades will wreck your day, son.

Massed mind burn, too.

5 sequani will straight up put up LotNS on their own, then the rest will start firing lasers at you.

Star Fires isn't even a bad spell.

If you hand a few gems out, nearly any path has stuff it can do even at 1. Apart from dropping battlefield wide spells, action economy is king, and 20 weak mages will often overpower 5 big ones.

Although bakemono sorcs are mostly bad because you're paying for a whole bunch of paths at 1 and 2 that you will never use. Flexibility is not worth that much cash, when it rarely matters.
>>
>>120966025
No. You're confusing master smiths. MA Ulm's mage with black priests LA Ulm's fort rec mage priests.
>>
>>120966547
he just said ulmish smiths.
so I'm not confusing things so much as he wasn't clear.

>>120966506
>>120966510
>stellar cascade
very useful, but is not that great after the midgame.
make a communion and cast spells that can actually kill things instead of just knock out the front line, or more powerful spells will just wipe out your cascade spammers.

I've been in three games where the astral nation has tried to rely on cascade spam, and in each that just stopped working after the midgame. In 2 player wised up, and bothered to micro after losing a major battle, but it does just stop working.
>>
>>120967720

Generally when people say 'ulmish smith' they don't mean the Goddamn LA guys in robes.

They mean the 'ulmish master smith', 2ef1, chain shirt, hat, 10% or 20% random FESA.

And i'm not really sure how unresistable huge-aoe fatigue damage 'stops working'. Seems unlikely. More likely people were scrubs and had a single mage ball and got fire stormed, or baited. That's not the fault of one of the best spells in the game.

'spells that actually kill things' okay wow. So tarpit spells, buff spells, mobility spells, debuffs, summons, none of that is meaningful to you? You must win a lot of games.
>>
>>120968267
okay, first I did mean ulmish master smiths.
What a part of my eariler comment didn't fit that comment.
Second, some mean EA warrior smiths.
LA Black Priests don't even have 'smith' in the name, so I don't know how I would make that mistake.

>stops working
It keeps knocking out the front line, but that stops being enough.

In the three games it stops working.
1) I cast mass flight and had my good fighters in the back, they flew over the top and murdered everything while the front line was a bunch cheap HP sponges who could absorb his fighters attacks.
2) RoS, other battlefield spells
3)Communion into Astral fires and thunderstrikes.
My troops went to sleep, his troops died.

>So tarpit spells, buff spells, mobility spells, debuffs, summons, none of that is meaningful to you?
no all of those are good, and result in you killing things.
And Cascade is none of those things. Cascade knocks the front line of troops unconscious, which is really useful, but that's all it does.

You can't just use cascade to win the game. It's really good, but you need to do more or you will lose.
>>
>>120969245

Wow, so RoS counters attacking mage balls?

And Mass Flight with huge troop advantage overcomes poor placement and basic aoes?

And enough massed evocations to kill his entire army, which probably means you brought more gold in mages than he brought gold in everything, defeats poorly employed cascades?

gasp

None of this changes that cascades is an extremely versatile and powerful spell that is useful at every stage of the game you can bring it to bear.

'killing everything' is a great tactic until your mages spend their time thunderstriking the ground or small boxes of infantry because your opponent understands basic placement.

And then you lose 10,000g of mages to 2000g of infantry and cascades casters. Because your guys went sleepy bye after killing half his army, then cascades let the rest of his troops hack past your blockers and gank your mages right through their face-holes.

Cascades puts anything trying to punch your army - troops, monsters, thugs, SCs - to sleep. It has no save - MR won't save, prot won't save you, def won't save you. It counters everything trying to get at it in melee, effortlessly. It does this for no fatigue cost at s2, at relatively low evo research. It's a king amongst spells.
>>
>>120970248
While it actually does work against mindless units, it will never target them unless they're in the AoE with units with brains. Generally speaking, massed astral mages have no problems killing mindless units, but it's worth pointing out.
>>
>>120970435

Mindless stuff that isn't undead is pretty rare. And astral has two really good tools against skelespam and the like. The first is the anti-undead astral spell. It actually clears them out pretty quick, which combined with troops, can neuter a skelespam strat. The second is Soul Slay/Mind Burn. Turn the mages at the back and any living blockers into cheddar, and the undead stop.

The non-undead mindless stuff is so rare you can usually discount it or just slowly chop it up with troops. But Opposition/Arcane Bolt are in astral, too.

So it's unlikely your S mages will lack a purpose in life, no matter what they're fighting.
>>
>>120970248
and you are still wrong that you can win the game with just cascade spammers.
late game you need to do more.

If you don't you lose. nothing you have said has proven that wrong.

>>120971558
>Mindless stuff that isn't undead is pretty common
ftfy
vine ogres, claymen, mechanical men, golems
>>
>>120970435
>>120971558
It's not mindless that stops Cascades, it's the 0 enc that makes the spellcasting AI throw a fit.
>>
>>120972349

Shifting dem goalposts huh.

Here's what you said.

>very useful, but is not that great after the midgame.
>and in each that just stopped working after the midgame

Cascades is amazingly useful in every stage of the game. That it doesn't stop you when you bring level 7 5-path spells and better troops against someone with shit placement, or RoS aka the squishy human counter du jour, is nowhere near the same as 'stops working'.

It's like saying jaguar warriors 'stop working' because you could kill them with 10x their number in rephaites. Goldcost, motherfucker, do you speak it?
>>
>>120972349

Wow so you regularly play in games where you have huge quantities of vine ogres, mechanical men, and golems just hanging around the place? More than someone else's national troops they bought with gold?

What a fucking joke. You regularly camp until lategame and assemble a giant army of doom and then ragequit when it dies, don't you.

You're determined to prove your failed point about cascades 'stopping working' by implying all kinds of useless whatever. From strawmanning me by saying i'm saying that cascades alone with no other spells ever scripted or cast is how you should use it - to shifting goalposts from 'stops working' to 'stops roflstomping shit into pancakes and is instead merely amazingly awesome'.
>>
>>120972681
>>120972349
There's honestly no disagreement between you guys, you're just arguing different things. One of you is saying it's a great strat that works all game long against a large variety of enemies (which is true), the other guy is saying that it's possible to counter it with battlefield wide magic like firestorm and RoS if those are literally the only mages that you're deploying (which is also true). Stellar Cascades are great, but obviously you need other supporting magic / units, just like every other strategy.
>>
>>120973304

I disagree. This guy is saying that cascades 'stops working'. That's a lot different to 'possible to counter it'. All the rest of the crap about 'oh I brought a million gold worth of thunderstrikers and beat a guy who didn't understand basic evoc baiting' is just dick-waving in support of an argument about how it's shit because some scrubs used a powerful spell and tactic poorly.

He's literally advocating that it's bad because it makes your enemies unconscious instead of dead. It's the most simplistic thinking you'll find all week.
>>
>>120972681
your right about the first part. I should have been more precise.
It stops being good enough by itself after the midgame.

And it does. It's still useful when combined with other things, or as part of smaller raiding forces. but it can't win battle alone anymore.

As for the second, yes, stellar cascades spam stopped working after the midgame. it did, it does. You need to combine it with other things, otherwise you will lose, to an equal gold cost army with a better set up of support and spells

>gold cost.
in each of those examples the gold cost was the same or in the opponents favor.
RoS is self explanitory, for the mass flight I also had several other battlefield buffs and overwhelmed his larger forces despite the chaff in the front being knocked out because i had buffs up, and in the communion case we both had large masses of casters. but mine killed his troops, while he just knocked mine out. so he routed and I didn't have significant loses.

He had enough mages that he killed my army, when he bothered to micro and script things other than cascade. but he lost the first major battle because he didn't.

So know the goalpost never moved, I just wasn't as clear as I should have been. Stellar Cascade, BY ITSELF, will not let you win against an equal force in the late game that uses proper combinations of spells.
>>
File: 021893085490.png (68KB, 161x162px) Image search: [Google]
021893085490.png
68KB, 161x162px
Mictlan, you're a bro. I'll put it to good use.
>>
>>120973821
You should honour his memory by killing bats.
>>
File: 1389741700730.gif (723KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1389741700730.gif
723KB, 640x360px
>>120973950
>>
>Completley new to the game
>see game "TheNoobening" for noobs
>Finally, I can wet my toes with other people at my level
>2 tryhard burdfaggots, fucking elves

Is seal clubbing just a universal thing now?
>>
>play in stalewarriors
>nice expansion
>have fun
>expansion ends
>it gets boring
pls someone kill me ;_;
>>
>>120975814
>stalewarriors
>expansions ends
Where even are you?
>>
>>120970248
fuck off rejakor.
>>
>>120975892
c-cant tell you
where are you?
>>
>>120975814
Keep expanding :^)
>>
File: 1446348555894.png (205KB, 399x453px) Image search: [Google]
1446348555894.png
205KB, 399x453px
>>120975664
>burdfaggots
Caelum needs to leave
>>
>>120975664
What's even happening in that game? All I know is that Mictlan got the bat dick.
>>
>>120976342
Several places, and I have plenty of room to expand for the foreseeable future.
>>
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Mashu_Mountain

are people adding fanfic to the wiki now?
>>
>>120976672
south continent looks like two nations at their throats, but there's a few high powered indies no one's bothered to take out. south continent is starting to spread in to bat territory, that ate up Mictlan.

Arcos is getting shat on by birds by Caelum. Birds are now also attacking Abysia.

Basically both sides of the map are covered in flying assholes shitting all over the buildings.
>>
>>120977101
In the mountain range of Mashu lies a pass beyond which one can find the path to immortality. This pass is guarded by giant scorpion men, beings of awesome terror set there by a previous Pantokrator. They are armed with deadly bows and swords. The mere gaze of a scorpion man makes mountains tremble in fear.
The Scorpion King is a spirit of destruction and terror given divine powers by a previous Pantokrator. The beast was placed as a monstrous guardian of the path to immortality beyond Mount Mashu. With the disappearance of the Pantokrator, the beast has claimed the secrets beyond Mashu and arrived to wreak destruction and havoc upon the world. The Scorpion King is a hideous and twisted being with the body of a huge scorpion and the upper torso of a scaly human. It is a mighty beast capable of striking simultaneously with its scorpion stinger and any forged weapons it may carry.
>>
>>120977991
>>120977101
Or, to put it another way, it's not fan fic it's random small bits of lore from unit descriptions.
I figured with all the contenciousness about what counts as a guide it was safe to add purely fluff articles.
>>
>>120978354
I can tell by the way you spelled 'contentiousness' that you are the one that wrote the article.
>>
>>120978857
And I did the Therodos article, yes, for some reason I only write wiki articles at 1am.
>>
>>120976672
what this guy said>>120977712

Also Vanheim is quietly massing it's troops and has a sizeable chunk of land, the Thuggening will be soon I think. Theredos is just making the entire ocean spoopy, they have huge armies teasing around the borders of Vanheim, Caelum and Abysia.

I think Abysia is attacking Burds/Arco
>>
Would anyone be interested in a burd/elf free game?

inb4 butthurt
>>
>>120983548
Miles Gloriosus had only one nation of elves, and they died very early on. It's only humans, monkeys, and undead left.
>>
>>120983548
Elf thug shenanigans are annoying but they're not that bad. The only nation that seems to consistently do well is Xibala.
>>
>>120983801
Oh, and the doughty worm folk. They're only half comprised of humans
>>
>>120983801
and the elves were vanarus, which is pretty light on the elf scales.
>>
Is there anyone with a serious chance of winning besides Xibalba and Lanka?
>>
>>120982816
Seems like Therodos is too spooked to do much but get a coastal now and again. What even is going on in the south? Is it just two people down there fighting for that tiny bit of land?
>>
>>120984819
Pan
Berytos
Mictlan(?)
>>
>>120985849
>Pan
Nope, definitely not. The Pan player is a scrub.
>>
Fashionably_Late has begun be sure to check your email for them turns.
>>
>>120986027
Okay then anyone with strong lategame and easily summonable or recruitable H3's who doesn't give up and isn't a scrub.
>>
>>120985849
Pan's got fuck all. Berytos, they say it's a good lategame power but I've never actually seen it pulled off.

Someone near Mictlan will have to verify if they've gotten huge like Lanka and Xibalba or not.
>>
>>120986316
It'll be a bit for me, at work and such.
I'll also write up the essentials of Ragha for that dude upthread.
>>
>>120987051
I actually know the basic mechanics of Ragha and read a guide to using Heat-only Ragha for the griffon riders. I've just never played them or studied them.
>>
Are people still going to blog this game?
>>
File: Untitled.png (328KB, 912x597px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
328KB, 912x597px
What commander do I recruit on my first turn, /domg/?
>>
>>120990813
scout
>>
>>120986027
Tell me who you are so I can steamroll you and drink your tears.

>>120987045
I'm bigger than meets the eye. I'm a grower, not a shower :o)
>>
>>120990813
fortune teller.
>>
>>120991230
To do what exactly? Kickstart research? Turn 2 mage support?
>>
>>120991394
research. they are your most cost+turn efficient researcher. Also gets you paths you can't get elsewhere so you want more in the mid game.

You'll need a few blackpriest eventually, but not at first, and everything else can be either bought outside your forts or replaced with indies bought outside your forts.
>>
>>120991394
>>120991767
This, and the fact that they're cap only means that you generally want one or two in your first few turns.
>>
>>120990813
>>120991767
I like getting a black priest early for site searching.
>>
>tfw my turnbullying works

im kinda upset now
>>
>>120993028
fortune tellers are just as good for that technically, just for different sites. You'll want priest in the first few turns sure, but fortune teller is cheaper and can get you more gold for troops and mercs.
>>
New EA game up, mainly for newbs.

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyToBedEarlyToDie

3 players so far who are playing their first ever PBEM, and 1 mediocre player who got them to start this game.

newer players preferred, vets should pick weaker nations (not enforced).

as the map is mainly coastal provs, there is a 99.9% chance any berrytoes player will be immediately gangbanged.
>>
>>120995917
Where else is this being hosted?
>>
>>120995917
joined as abysia. Only played one game to completion so far
>>
>>120995917
Name a weaker nation and I'll play it.
>>
>>121000078
EA Riley
>>
>>121000385
Challenge accepted.
>>
File: 1395450537316.gif (863KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1395450537316.gif
863KB, 500x281px
>>120988871

My ghost cock is so hard right now.

Hard for Fomorian anus.

I'm so ready to fuck. I'm gonna fuck this kid and make him love me. This poor lad is gonna lap up my man chutney like an Amerifat laps up gravy.
>>
>>121003881
Pretty sure that gravy is more of a britbong thing. Amerifats get fat off McDonalds and soda
>>
>>121003881
implying the best gravy isn't on glorious Canadian poutine.
>>
>>121004149

I'm an American from the South, and I am happy to report that Southerners pour gravy on literally everything.
>>
File: actually heaven.jpg (46KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
actually heaven.jpg
46KB, 800x533px
>>121004565
>>
>>121004814
needs a side of pork something.
also, I don't know why the idea of Poutine has never crossed through the north into the south. Or rather I do as it is only at absolute perfection after leaving a bar after a night of heavy drinking into the cold evening, but trust me, the cold evening part is not necessary.

Gravy on French fries, with cheese curds and possibly pork belly is what you have always wanted after a night of drinking with your buddies, you just didn't know it yet. I have confirmed this with southerners who I've introduced to it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (213KB, 1023x287px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
213KB, 1023x287px
I have taken upon me the challenge of playing EA R'lyeh, but I want to make things even harder for me.

Pick my pretender, /domg/. The most retardedly fun one wins.
>>
Are Tartarian Spirits even worth giving sentience to if you get an unfeebleminded one? E3D2 seems unimpressive compared to the potential paths of the titans / monstras or the RoS clops.
>>
>>121006742
I will make you a sicknasty awake Kraken SC. Give me a tic to whip one up for you.
>>
File: AWAKE.png (217KB, 475x346px) Image search: [Google]
AWAKE.png
217KB, 475x346px
Behold! An awake expander Kraken, complete with Dom 10.
>>
>>121007096
so much nope.
>>
>>121007096
I think it needs two more tentacles to hold all these candles.
>>
>>121007194
but anon, Dom 10 gives more awe.
>>
>>121007096
But how will that make fish talisman
>>
File: Imprisoned scales.png (273KB, 487x435px) Image search: [Google]
Imprisoned scales.png
273KB, 487x435px
>>121006742
Well, reading the lore for the polypal mother makes me want to suggest it. Here's one that can make you amulets of fish for when you want to bring a mind lord to the surface with S9 for nexus / wish stuff
>>
File: Never not Dom10.png (220KB, 474x349px) Image search: [Google]
Never not Dom10.png
220KB, 474x349px
>>121007480
I got you covered, senpai.
>>
>>121007784
M A G I C D U E L
A
G
I
C

D
U
E
L
>>
File: ayyy.png (523KB, 653x642px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.png
523KB, 653x642px
do you guys even know how to have fun anymore

this can literally cast anything with a small cum minion
>>
>>120988871
Yes. Mine will start going live on the 15th.
>>
File: spookyskellingtons.gif (978KB, 475x259px) Image search: [Google]
spookyskellingtons.gif
978KB, 475x259px
just so everyone understands Ermor has 1.5 capitals, and nearly had 2.5 capitals.
I stopped him, I stopped the skellingtons and you should all be thanking me and helping me.
>>
File: I don't know what magic duel is.png (331KB, 627x350px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know what magic duel is.png
331KB, 627x350px
The Kraken is ready to conquer the surface world.
>>
File: Aklfs.png (291KB, 590x307px) Image search: [Google]
Aklfs.png
291KB, 590x307px
>>121008449
I think it needs another anemone mace.
>>
>>121005520
>needs a side of pork something
the gravy is made with pork sausage
>>
>>121008816
Did a quick test with exactly this kraken and the debug mod. Successfully conquered all of the thrones by turn 20 against the AI using literally no units other than the pretender. Clearly the kraken is too powerful for a newb game.
>>
I've been out of the country for a few months, any new updates or interesting mp stories?
>>
>>121009306
Make a Giant Jelly expander instead.
>>
File: High Astral.png (267KB, 490x388px) Image search: [Google]
High Astral.png
267KB, 490x388px
>>121009427
I refuse and you can't make me.
>>
The only way to equip an anemone mace on the flame jelly is with a copper arm. That means that unlike the kraken, which can wield five anemone maces, the flame jelly can wield only one.
>>
File: RICH DIVERSITY.png (4KB, 117x78px) Image search: [Google]
RICH DIVERSITY.png
4KB, 117x78px
>>
Is this page done correctly? Any errors?

http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Awe
>>
>>121010539
?
?
?
>>
>>121010741
Dom 9 gives Awe 1, Dom 10 gives Awe 3. The whole negative awe thing doesn't exist
>>
>>121011001

Yea, that's what I always thought, but I couldn't find any other source but the manual, and was hoping someone else would back me up. editing now.
>>
>>121011142
You can very easily test this by making a pretender with the debug mod and putting an awe item on them. It is true that pretenders with native awe get the additional awe as a bonus (eg a Dom 10 virtue has 8 awe)
>>
Hey, if people could transfer guides from Desura to the Wiki that would be a really good idea.
>>
>>121012738
Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
>>121012793
I did some but am going to bed. It's really easy, but there's only three or so guides on the wiki right now that are worth spit and i made all of those pages
>>
>>121012738

Is desura okay with this, or are we going to do it despite what bitching may come.
In any case, thanks for your help!

The only problem is that there are a bunch of nations with zero guides out there. For instance, I just finished EA Oceania, and just realized that there are absolutely no guides out there.

Also, feel free to critique the EA Oceania page. Tried to keep it as objective as possible, while also filling out links to things
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Oceania_(Early_Ages)
>>
>>121013164
>Is a company that is literally going bankrupt and losing all of its shit okay with anonymous people taking guides that their customers wrote?

Anon, please.
>>
>>121013164
We're just archiving :^)

Also like half the guides maybe a little less are made by people who have posted here.
>>
>>121013265
being dense on purpose isn't cute.
>>
How the fuck do i redirect pages? Want to redirect Animal Awe page to Awe.

Also, god bless the fellow who cleaned that up.
>>
>>120997487
I don't understand the question.

>>121000078
I wouldn't reccomend EA riley. it won't be any fun. by weaker nations I meant things like EA ermor, arco, maverni, ect.
basically, non-blood nations and not super strong nations. but play whatever you like, really.
>>
>>121014751
Too late motherfucker

The ride begins
>>
>>121014751
You had a few dudes already signed up before it was posted here, so he was probably wondering where those dudes came from. Like, is this crossposted on Desura / Steam / SA / Dom3Mods?
>>
>>121015148
Which pretender did you end up going with?
Please be kraken
>>
>>120995917

I've joined as Kailasa. Never played them before. I have 2 MP games under my belt, one went late, other one I got killed in sub 20 turns.
>>
Whats a good pretender for Hinnom? I kinda want to make a Nephilim one for max degeneracy and I want to have the ability to summon Grigori
>>
File: fo dem globals.png (640KB, 1272x551px) Image search: [Google]
fo dem globals.png
640KB, 1272x551px
>>121016141
I took this guy's stuff and gave it my own swirl

>>121008189

I'm empowering this nigga to S1 and then communioning him the fuck up to freeze, burn, cut, tear, rip and disintegrate whatever needs killing.

Plus he can do all my sitesearching. Fuck Voice of Tiaslut.
>>
>>121016942
Why plan on empowering? level 1 on an archmage costs 10 points. You can get it and more for -1 dom
>>
File: I just LOVE magic duel.png (299KB, 469x416px) Image search: [Google]
I just LOVE magic duel.png
299KB, 469x416px
>>121016942
>>121017030
Forgot pic
>>
>>121017030
Because I don't want to git dueled until I've stacked mres
>>
>Ermor WD knights reverse evosoaking dust 2 dust.
Now what? First thing that comes to mind is muh tangle vines.
>>
>>121017273
magic resist does not effect magic duel.
>>
>>121017273
Mres doesn't do anything to duel. It's a 1v1 and one mage must die. It takes nothing into account other than base astral level.

The way you beat astral duel is with a shield of astral mages, since the way it chooses targets is deterministic. It will always pick the highest astral level that is lower than the cast (eg - S3 prefers to duel S2) and, given even astral level units, will target whichever unit is closest. Given that you're going imprisoned and all your mages have astral, you'll be guaranteed to have a few shields by the time you deploy.

Also, for site searching imprisoned is a huge problem. If you put off your searching until year 4 you're massively behind.
>>
>>121017496
Nigguh I'm playing EA R'lyeh do you think I give a shit about being behind
>>
>>121017496
Oh, the other two answers for Astral Duel are phoenix pyre (you come back to life if you lose and still kill the other guy if you win) and life after death (you die, but come back as a soulless which keeps the paths).

>>121017578
Uh, yeah, it means that you care more because you want every gem you can get your slimey tentacles on
>>
I've started a new data-gathering effort for dominions. Old games welcome! Point out any errors in the form! I started this to gather data on what nations are popular, what nations win a lot, and what nations are underused and utilized. I think that can be a useful tool for balance modders and people looking for "firsts"

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iX4Hz0PK8eXn8TXZeN5r3jTjjRsceWYz5Jjr8KPSjLU/viewform?usp=send_form
>>
>>121017746
Does 'who won' want the username of the winner or the nation again?
>>
>>121017943
username
>>
>>121017746
I'm not sure if "Berytoes" is meme spelling or just spelled wrong.
>>
>>121016039
ah. in that case, it isn't actually crossposted anywhere; the game was made so the new players I found could play. I look forwards to their inevitable demise.

>>121015148
while an UW nation is somewhat viable on this map, this is still going to suck for you.
>>
>>121017496
water dudes have voice of tiamat avaible underwater which sitesearch fire9 air9 water9 earth 9.
i know that it's costy( 8 water gems per cast) but it's mage-turn efficient and allows you to make a pretender which does something different than sitesearching. sitesearching 16 provinces is 32 turns, basically the difference between awake and imprisoned. too slow and a sad job for a god. i'd rather focus on having him expand and research after or have a well focused booster/diversity/global dormant god.
>>
>>121018741
>>121016942
>Plus he can do all my sitesearching. Fuck Voice of Tiaslut.

I was making my suggestion based off his posted preference.
>>
File: ZEROINCOME.png (116KB, 603x204px) Image search: [Google]
ZEROINCOME.png
116KB, 603x204px
>>120976812
i'm glad the graphs are off so you guys don't know how many provinces i have

specially because half of them are income 5-10 deserts

This turn I captured this beauty, check it.
>>
>>121020559
I bet you'll have TONS of gem sites, though
>>
>>121020601
>tfw no gold to recruit mages to sitesearch ;_;
>>
>>121020559
Wow. Worst I have so far is pop 850 income 7. I think this is a shitty map for gold in general.
>>
>>121021161
>>121020559

i'll tell you fellow stalewarriors a wonderful trick: you were probably supposed to go luck 3.

it's a shame to go turmoil 3 if you want to mass bloodhunt, but you can get around it by maxing temples. growth outpace order in gold generation by the time you get to your first war and you have many war to see.

luck 3 is the only scale that will give you income and goodies regardless of the shit that will happen. burden of time, foul air, second sun, 10 armageddon, shitty provinces with 340 pop... luck 3 won't leave you, eventually growth 3 will.
the map si so big you can safely bet on luck3 eventually gifting you some diversity mages
>>
Are there any AARs of EA/MA C'tis winning a pbem?
Can people tell me about their experiences winning with EA/MA C'tis?
>>
>>121022107

I went tartarians but the game dragged extremely long. Over 160 turns. MA.

Made me hate Ctis. Your cancer dominion really restricts your diversity, but guess that was when items didnt protect you from diseases.
>>
>>120991040
it's probably Agartha, that guy loves being a crybaby
>>
>>121018292
I feel so tempted to join, but i'm not a newbie.
I'm in 2 other games right now and want to try xibalba (they seem fun and didn't play them before)
which other nation should I play so it's not unfair?
>>
Is there a nation which has sacred mages and its strategy envolves taking Earth bless to reinvigorate and heavy mage spam? I don't care whether or not it's a comunion nation.

hard mode: is there any in EA?
>>
>>121003881
I'm fomoria's friend. I actually adviced him it wasnt a good idea to start a war right now before expanding, but he is a bit impulsive with war business and didn't listen to me.

D-don't rape him too hard or use protection please, I want him back ;_;
>>
>>121024880
Monkeys I guess. Also LA Agartha may work. In EA... maybe Marvenni. Check Inspector you nerd.
>>
>>121025000
i use the inspector really often, but wasn't sure how to check for this.
how does one even look for sacreds? the search tool seems like alien to me.
>>
>>121024079
what items protect things from disease? aside from chalice healing them.
>>
>>121025169

Swamp survival was supposed to protect the mages but it didnt when I played MA Ctis, now it should work.

Also maybe poison resistance. Regeneration works for sure - it stops them from losing hp.
>>
>>121024795
xibalba is overpowered so definitely not that one.

marverni, kailasa, yomi, maybe Ur, Abysia ( which is "overpowered" early game however) are usually thought as less powerful nation, but in my opinion you are just going to stomp everyone with them because people who are litterally playing their first game do really stupid shit and as long as your nation has one good side and is not an underwater piece of shit you can outplay them.

i've joined few "noob only" games and from my experience if you have already played( as ins tarted and played some wars) 2 PBEM and you understand why dumping 25 PD on every newly conquered province is stupid then you shouldn't join.
maybe you could make it work if you design a gimmick pretender and you "roleplay" your nation to the point you will declare war one turn before attacking and equip your assassins with sick daggers and doing several unoptimized shit.
>>
>>121025079
>how does one even look for sacreds?
holy == 1
>>
>>121025876
i mean sacred units, not priests
>>
>>121025418
i kind of wanted to play Pelagia, but there is someone playing underwater and there isnt enough water for even one uw nation anyway.
>>
>>121025917
The tag 'holy' is all sacred units, priest or not.
>>
>>121025917
Did you even try it? "holy" is the tag for sacred units for some reason.
>>
>>121025418

Can I join as Yomi? Im an experienced player but Yomi is supposedly rather weak, up to you.
>>
>>121026024
>>121026031
oh
i'm sorry ;_;
and thanks
>>
>>121026049
i am not the admin.i am not in the game.
Yomi has weak expansion and tricke pretender design but can be decently strong. maybe you can play it for having fun with your Dai Oni.
>>
File: dakini1.png (165KB, 397x484px) Image search: [Google]
dakini1.png
165KB, 397x484px
So hey, the fifth /vg/ League is gonna happen next month. We played in the last three leagues and had two good showings, so are you guys up for a fourth one?

You can find the old team roster at http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//domg/

We'll want to update the roster to bring in the newest, freshest memes if we play, so feel free to suggest new player names.
>>
>>121026159

Yes thats why I want to play Nihhon strong! Seems like fun but tricky to use nation.

I wont join if admin says no though. As I said Im experienced.
>>
>>121026546
I'm not the admin, but I want you to join so I can get some of that sweet, sweet turn 1.
>>
>>121026356
>RoS
I think it's fresher than stale >Earthquake

>Have we checked on Ermor

>Illfraud >Illfraud's Cocaine Cruise
Gotta delete one, I guess. Both are stale as shit, btw.
>>
can anyone tell me a EA meme strategy other than boar-marverni?
>>
>>121029106
Niefel Allstars Rush.
>>
>>121028873
I'm planning on just putting the current roster plus suggestions all in one poll, so don't worry about suggesting players to cut. The poll will decide that. But thanks for the suggestions.

>>121029106
Play Hinnom, spam chariots. It's innovative :^)
>>
>>121026546
Just play mapmakingishard with Yomi.
It's not a noob game.
>>
>>121029516

Yes but the map is made of ass and cancer as far as I can tell. Sorry for the effort of the creator but I dont think its playable.
>>
>>121029106
does using strong blesses for bad sacreds, such as wind riders, count as meme for you? some W9E9 wind riders might get some keks, as most underused sacred with shitty blesses.
note that most nation that use a shitty strategy still mantain their base strenght as they rarely have to sacrifice much to get it working. for example F9D9 caelum is still doing his thunderspam goodies.

all i can think about it is:
-trying to use only and buff hydras as sauromatia
-sloth uberbless tienchi( quite strong early however, it just doesn't scale since you are all caponly)
-abysia using assasins a lot
-abysia going for soul contracts
-a double major bless for caelum trying to make sacred-only o even sacred archers viable, probably some F9A4 bullshit(still a strong nation regardless)
-N9B9 sacred serpent strat for Ctis
-not recruiting pans as pangea but trying to go full seduce/assasinate(note: place dryads inland then suddenly stealth take one province to allow them to seduce from all the lands around, since they need to border your territory)
-B6A6 or even heavier bless for agartha for laser-guided stone hurling.
-SC only Yomi with heavy bless
-scorpion based armies with xibalba for the entire game( they even have beefy sacred scorpions). stay bloodless or give up casting blood summons
-Theredos, if you have no idea about what you are doing.
-
>>
>>121029773
>it just doesn't scale since you are all caponly
EA T'ien Ch'i can turn FWAE gems into sacreds. They definitely do scale with territory, even if not as well as a more scale-oriented build.
>>
>>121029628
It's not that bad just clumpy
>>
>>121029773
you got a lot of interesting ideas there, anon
the air bless agartha seems fun, and the xibalba one too, but that one is too memetastic for me

i tried in other game a quadbless A9D9F9N9 kailasa based on archers (the nature 9 didn't go so well, i expected them to be really beefy when the enemies got to them with undying and extra hp. 10 of them could capture any independent province.

do you know what? fuck this shit, i'm gonna try the scorpionbalba one
>>
>>120857214
Play ermor and this won't happen.
>>
>>121029773
>-sloth uberbless tienchi( quite strong early however, it just doesn't scale since you are all caponly)
>implying their sacred summons don't scale

>-SC only Yomi with heavy bless
>implying that's not the best way to play Yomi
>>
>>120834000
nigger
jew
kike
moot
>>
First memer award to Mitclan for going AI!
>>
>>121033879
Going AI is for faggots.

Real men chainstale.
>>
>>121030818
> fuck this shit, i'm gonna try the scorpionbalba one

what have i done?! i completely invented that one anon, i have absolutely zero idea if it can even achieve anything or what spells you are supposed to use and i suspect no one has ever done that.
good luck anyway. you got decent mages even without blood.
>>
>>121035326
life after death
>>
Alrighty it seems the admin of FungeonsAndWagons has cancelled his game so I decided to host a much smaller MA game.
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=SmallFish
Check out the throne settings and all that and if I fucked up feel free to let me know.
Essentially 4-8 players on Realm of Rampaging Roaches.
>>
>>121026356
Stop posting cute canceled foxes
>>
File: dakini6.png (47KB, 277x407px) Image search: [Google]
dakini6.png
47KB, 277x407px
>>121038361
:^)
>>
blitz in chat
get there
>>
Is theft of the sun worth to cast?
Which one is the easiest way to cast it other than making a pretender just for that?
>>
Game: SmallFish
Middle Age, max 8 players
Players so far: 2

Map: Realm of Rampaging Roaches
Mods: Worthy Heroes 1.23

Nations joined so far:
R'lyeh
Pelagia
>>
>>121018292
Hi anon.
I would really like to join. I'm not a newbie since i'm already in 2 games that didnt finish. You said if we arent newbies we should pick weak nations, but... Can i play non-blood meme scorpion xibalba?

I want to try that meme.
>>
>>121040718
It's already started.
>>
>>121040816
Shiet
I'm always late to the party
>>
>>121040985
There's still MMiH looking for players, and SmallFish.
>>
What causes profuse bleeding?
>>
>>121042574
Anal rape.
>>
>>121042373
But i wanted a newbie game to try memes
>>
>>121042764
MMiH is testing a map so will be kinda wacky anyway, SmallFish has 10 water provinces and two water nations already.
>>
>>121042825
i tried a test game aon MMiH map and it failed due to not finding a start position
>>
What are the best troop mercs? Sappers?
>>
>>121043689
Mages with paths you dont have in your nation, specially if you got some gems from events so you can forge or sitesearch
>>
>>121043529
Did you remember to exclude the possibility of water nations? Especially for the AIs?
>>
>>121043974
nope. will try again with that.
No water nations at all, or would just 1 be okay?
Also, the admin should let people know about that because otherwise water nations might try to join and crash the game.
>>
>>121044095
It has been specifically mentioned a few times, if you look in map editor all the water provinces are set as no-start, so any water nation will be unable to place its capital and crash it.
>>
>>121044189
ah, I just joined as from one of the mass new game posts, which didn't include that warning
>>
>>120975664
>>120976413
If it makes you guys feel better I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and am probably about to be the meat in a Greek sandwich.
>>
>>121043972
Troop mercs, anon
>>
>>121046327
oh, sorry.
maybe elephants? no idea
>>
>>121046327

Crossbows
>>
>>121046327

For the first 12 turns, I always try to get the elephant mercenaries. After that, the circle master one to break into blood, or the sappers if im trying to crack a fort. The Itchyid one is super if you can snag an UW indy province with it.
>>
What was your biggest losses in deathmatch arena
>Inb4 somehow pretender dies
>>
>>121046327
Anything cheap and in decent numbers (30 minimum) does it for me since I usually recruit for wartimes, so they act as a meatshield.
Otherwise sappers are very good for their intended purpose.
Orion a best
>>
File: dakini9.png (42KB, 217x262px) Image search: [Google]
dakini9.png
42KB, 217x262px
>>121026356
So does anybody have any more player name suggestions? So far we have:
Rain of Stones
Have we checked on Ermor?
>>
>>121030818
>>121035326
Enjoy your map move 1 animal infantry. Scorpions make okay blockers for their price tag, but that's all they do and Xibalba doesn't have much to put as a backline for them.
>>
File: supcom.webm (1MB, 1478x692px) Image search: [Google]
supcom.webm
1MB, 1478x692px
>>
I have an army of aquatic time traveling shrimp soldiers.

The hell.
>>
damn it bats, stop playing around and kill me already.
>>
Goddammit.
Turns out Wrathful Skies costs two air gems instead of one. Man, fuck scripting.
>>
File: 1446296795827.png (75KB, 376x357px) Image search: [Google]
1446296795827.png
75KB, 376x357px
>>121049892
Is the original phrase too long? What's the character limit?
>>
>>121051581
You know what's bad? When you get them in a lake that's unconnected to any other water provinces. They just sit there costing upkeep.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1208x706px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1208x706px
What the FUCK is this shit

What is the fucking indie strength at

This was my FIRST GODDAMN PROVINCE
>>
>>121052048
I'm the only water nation and own all the seas, as well as the great Therodos money problems.
>>121052535
Blame Bolivar, it's his tower that causes that shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (186KB, 504x247px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
186KB, 504x247px
>>121052657
These are the other two provinces surrounding my goddamn capital
>>
>>121050430
I don't get it, why does Caelum rout when it's lizards getting killed ?
>>
>>121052907
Their commander got sniped by the wall arrows on turn 1.
>>
>>121052907
Caelum was scripted to retreat to let lamashtas fuck lizards up

It was a play
>>
>>121052760
Well, that's some unlucky bullshit then.
>>
File: ermor.png (86KB, 532x312px) Image search: [Google]
ermor.png
86KB, 532x312px
>>121052021
The original phrase is definitely too long, but I don't remember the limit. I know you can have at least 21 characters though.

We could also just go with Ermor as the name. Simple, elegant.
>>
File: pls send it.png (4KB, 265x112px) Image search: [Google]
pls send it.png
4KB, 265x112px
Send your turns REEEEEE
>>
File: no need to be upset.png (333KB, 357x346px) Image search: [Google]
no need to be upset.png
333KB, 357x346px
>devil doom stack tries to attack poor monkeys
>kinnara with crystal shield casts storm turn 1
>gurus cast stellar cascades and rage of the cornered rat on pd
>demons get critted to death by a bunch of berserk markata
The monkey nations are perfect except for their shit mr
>>
>>121055264
How many people are in StaleWarriors?
>>
>>121056676
23 or so
>>
castledoc Agartha are you doing this on porpoise?
>>
>>121060810
No he came with a dolphin!

But seriously what's up?
>>
>>121062168
he's submitting last every turn and not doing a double.
>>
>>121062686

There's always one shitter, might as well get used to it.
>>
>>121062686
Oh, darn, at least he's reasonable in game?

Unrelatedly due to a "massively shit" start, I hereby declare war on Ermor, because otherwise he has his own nice peninsula.
>>
>>121062879

Please no bully
>>
>>121063317
I have four land provinces including my cap, thank fuck for those weird turtle things. So, either I get some land from you or I slowly become irrelevant and then you eat me.
>>
>>121062879
your start could have been worse, BL started sandwiched between Sceleria and Agartha, and it looks like they're both going to eat him
>>
>>121063748

Do you really want my land though? My dominion is going to make it worthless really quickly.
>>
>>121063974
Poor monkeys...
>>121064202
If you hadn't noticed I could increase my land area by 50% just by taking your territories which have my dominion.
>>
File: golewder.png (1006KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
golewder.png
1006KB, 1280x720px
>>121064368
>>121064202
Just bang already
>>
>>121064368

How about I give you those two provinces uncontested and we stay as friends?
>>
>>121062686
>submitting last every turn
We've waited on Pangaea, and Pelegia at least one, Marignon stalled last turn so Agartha couldn't have been last then.

So it's not always agartha.
>>
>>121064623
Sure, that works for me.
>>121064545
That does not work for me.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x899px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x899px
>>121065329
>Marignon stalled

Oh boy oh boy they're my neighbours am I going to get FREE territory?
>>
>>121067152
>dat image
the first circle is a modnation, and they probably put c'tis in the name or discussion or something.
The tank and Dragons of Pern fan art I don't know.

The last one probably is part of something with CTIS acronym for something.
The surprise to me is the one between the two top circles. How did C'tis and Sauro get combined into one recruit screen?

>Oh boy oh boy they're my neighbours am I going to get FREE territory?
unlikely, as they did there turn this round. Probably a one time thing.
>>
If anyone wants Machakan land feel free to take it. Him and his buttbuddy BL are attacking me and I'm aiming for BL first.
>>
>>121067756
Wait, you're being attacked by two? think I'll join the dogpile friend, nothing personal.
>>
>>121067756
Where even is he? If Ermor is being uncharacteristically nice then...
>>
>>121068608
BL is to the south of me across the water.
So pretty close to you I think.
>>
>>121068601
I can easily take both.
Machaka is a shit nation and BL has 7 provinces. I have 15(?)
>>
>uncharacteristically nice

Would you rather I just destroy you then?
>>
>>121070838
Destroy my lizard boypussy and let's touch skeletons
>>
>>121068608
Machaka is to my south BL to my north, BL is landlocked between me and Agartha and across the water from TC/Vanaruse Machaka has Pan all around their shit with possibly TC as their neighbor to the north
>>
>>121068862
Huh, Agartha has eaten whatever was there.
>>121070838
I did not till now consider skelliebros a possibility unless also a dom kill nation.
>>
File: Untitled.png (484KB, 833x474px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
484KB, 833x474px
>Get these guys
>In a province that has only ten natural resources

Fuck me
>>
>>121074181

Good, you wont waste 150 fucking gold for 12 hp nerd that die to any evo.
>>
Seems like Castledoc is turning out to be a riot. Anyone planning on doing an AAR on it?
>>
>>121074758
If you don't mind me using an atrocious Japaneseesque "accent"
>>
>>121074943
wut
>>
>>121075014
My Pretender's name is "Nanking neva happan!"
>>
>>121029106
/tips vanhere
>>
>>121033281
Banish Demon hurts
>>
>>121017746
Updated with a new poll since the first was extremely flawed.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform?usp=send_form#start=publishanalytics

Please submit any games that have not yet been submitted. About 1/3 of desura games and a handful of /domg/ and other games have been added, so there's a ways to go!
Currently transferring results!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewanalytics
or
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
to look at what games have been submitted so far
>>
>>121078576
Added the four I know of that hadn't been added.
>>
Any stats bros want to organise some data?
>>
>>121082456
jesus I'm an actual retard. *organize.
>>
>>121082456
I can into statistics, depending on how complex analysis you want, what've we got?
>>
>>121074181
They aren't very good
>>
>>121078576
Hey, I added in a game that was already there with spaces instead of underscores (EASports dEAd gAmE edition). It should be pretty clear since it matches up with another submission exactly otherwise. If you can manually adjust the data, go ahead and delete that one.
>>
>>121087312
I dont have the google-fu to remove it from the graphs, but i removed it from the raw data. Same thing happened with another game.
>>
if i'm in peace with the people in my borders, should i just recruit mages and build stuff? how about holy units? i tend to recruit them all the time, but I eventually run out of gold and need to attack someone.
>>
>>121093510
When you run out of gold attack. All the mages you can recruit all the time, sacreds are usually good to max recruit since they have very little upkeep and are usually great.
>>
>>121094013
but what if i have tons of mages but just a bunch of sacreds and no more units? you can't really win a fight with 40 mages and 20 sacreds, r-right?
>>
>>121094383
Ha ha ha YES.
>>
>>121094383
Then you waited to long to attack build more troops
>>
>>121094383
It really depends on your nation. Generally speaking, every nation wants max mages. Some nations want a lot of archers, some nations want a lot of sacreds, some nations want a lot of summons, some nations want the bare minimum of units needed to prevent your mages from getting stabbed.
>>
>>121094383
depends on what nation you are and your research paths are.

but generally having 10 chaff for every mage works well for me.
>>
>>121021520
I have maxed both luck and growth. I get luck events but I still don't like my reliable income being so low.
>>
>>121094913
>>121094859
>>121094530
thanks, anons~
>>
>>121096067
Make no mistake, Mages are the single most potent thing on the battlefield in the mid/early-late game, being eclipsed by SC's in the uber late game. However they are easily countered by other mages, the more fluff you can chuck in the way the better your mages will fare.
>>
>>121060810
Oh god I feel terrible now ;_;
I'll do my best to doubleturn when I've got time
>>
>>121021520
I went luck 3 and my events are shit. I wish I had gone O3 instead (O0L3 so less loss of income) I've gotten maybe 4 good events, and I've lost multiple provinces to large indie attacks (3-4)
>>
>>121096396
>being eclipsed by SC's in the uber late game
It depends
I'm in a game with all research done, and the Hall of Fame is filled with battlefield clear mages. All of the SCs that people have deployed have died to Life for a Life or astral spam
>>
Hey sum1, you stilled spelled Berytos wrong.
>>
What the fuck happened? a couple turns ago everything was quiet and now everyone is at war with everyone.

This is some Gotterdammerung tier shit
>>
>>121020559
The entire north is full of depopulated wastelands. My gold income in stalewarriors is a joke considering my scales and my fairly respectable size. I could be in any other game with like 1/3 of territory and I'd have same income.
>>
>>121097697
Hopefully you've at least got less fuckhuge indy stacks.
>>
>>121097919
I've had wizards fucking everywhere and elephants. Coupled up with MM1 it was a fairly painful ride.
>>
File: 1445152285917.png (344KB, 1086x802px) Image search: [Google]
1445152285917.png
344KB, 1086x802px
LET THE SPOOKENING BEGIN
>>
>>121098337
ERMOR NO
>>
>>121097697
/ALL/ gold income in Stalewarriors is low as fuck due to the game settings. Gold income was severely handicapped.
>>
>>121098862
No it wasn't.
>>
>>121098862
I have ok gold,and i'm in the north.
>>
>>121098862
It wasn't. You can easily check this by looking at your capital income.
>>
File: What are thooooose.png (188KB, 488x552px) Image search: [Google]
What are thooooose.png
188KB, 488x552px
Yo Marignon, I assume by the fact that you're sending all these witches out that you're finished with research?
>>
>>121074758
I've been keeping all of turns, so I might do something after.

>>121075821
I'm assuming that's a parody and not a statement of actual belief.
>>
>>121100656
Gee, you think?
>>
Looking for a game? Got a few recruiting ATM sign up for one!
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MapmakingIsHard - EA game
Experimental freshly made map with preset starts. No underwater nations allowed. Is half full no elf nations birds or bats have joined yet so if that's your thing sign up.

-MA game
Smaller game of less than 10 people. Not many have joined so get in on the train if you want your first pick of nations.

none I am aware of.
-LA game
>>
What nations were in wirelesswizards2?
>>
>>121100987
look, you find out someone you've known for years is an actual holocaust denier and you get suspicious.
>>
>>121101936
The worst I've had is a friend who legitimately think the MRLP are a respectable choice of party to vote for. Sory dude.
>>
>>121102343
wasn't a friend, thank god, just someone who'd went to the same college and showed up at the same parties.

Did join 'had a box full of stolen panties', and 'got WAY to into the Snidely Whiplash achievement in RDR', in being as uninvited as possible to all future gatherings, and strictly monitored when not possible.
Oh, awkward conversations from college.
>>
>>121102905
Huh, ah well.
>>
>>121097637
He does that every single time. I think he thinks he's being clever.
>>
File: wat.png (735KB, 878x664px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
735KB, 878x664px
So uh yeah. Who designed this map? There is literally no way for me to get off this island with my heat 3 scale. The only ways to the mainland are waterways, which will never freeze over because of muh heat.
>>
>low on income
>capture a field province
>760 population
MOTHER OF FUCKING FUCK
>>
>>121098747
That's not Ermor, it's an undetale poster. Even Ermor players aren't faggots that huge.
>>
>>121108390
Look at it this way, you get as many turns as you want to research.
I would suggest devolving back into crocodiles and taking some water over.
>>
>>121108390
You only got yourself to blame for not checking the map and proofbuilding for random locations.
>>
>>121108762
I've gotten two low pop farm provinces.
Protected by elephants.
>>
What's happening in Medieval Times?
>>
>>121101507
Pelagia, Abysia, Helheim, Atlantis, Fomoria, Berytos, and I don't remember the others
>>
>>121109939
Abysia is being a cunt
>>
WHAT
IS
HAPPENING
IN
FART
GANOS
?????????

NO MEME ANSWERS PLEASE
>>
>>121110553
Ermor is wrecking everything
>>
>>121111187
I fully support this course of events. Skeleton is your friend. Pet the skeleton!
>>
>>121111375
skeleton is going to win by thrones if you don't do something about it.
>>
>>121111519
Skeleton deserves to win. If you really need help against skeleton tell Vanheim to get that one thug of his I haven't killed yet out of my territory.
>>
File: 1445232671887.gif (543KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445232671887.gif
543KB, 480x480px
>>121111375
>>
>>121108390

^ dominions
>>
>>121108390
Make amphibious items for river crossing & securing your water, pass them back to your mages as needed and then only recruit your chaff on the west half of the river.
>>
>>121107554
>>121097637
No, it's just a consistent mistake I make.

If I was being clever I would spell it burritos or berry-toes or something, and pull similar shit with other nations.

I also misspelled "Fomria" but none of you inbreds noticed before I fixed it.
>>
>>121113450
Fomria a shit. berrytoast is delicious waifus
>>
>>121096067

You're describing a sub situation I just took over.

It's a result of camping. People start running out of money due to camping due to fear, and start stopping troop building but still build max mages.

This is a bit of a poser.

Generally you just spend a turn generating chaff, like pack of wolves, claymen, and then use a mage tactic to win fights.

You might not have paths for it, or the paths might suck at it or take too long. That's fine - death, blood, nature, even in extremis the elemental paths (Living Whatever) can all generate their own chaff. (horde of skeletons, imps, swarm)

The chaff won't win fights for you, but that's not the job of chaff. The chaff is there to live long enough that rigor mortis + winter or mass tstrike or mass flight + earthquake or whatever your killer mage app is, kills the enemy. Instead of your mages taking too long to get their shit into gear, and dying to sword-to-the-face.
>>
>>121113392
M-muh cap onlies
>>
>>121113450
also i cant fix it now or my graphs will be fucked up
>>
>>121113574

You're freakin' c'tis. If you're caring about snake dancers or sobeks or whatever, you're doing c'tis wrong.

Someone like Machaka or Abysia would be entirely fucked.

That suggestion, though, forge water items and just.. walk across, build lab, hand them back, aka somewhat like a real river crossing situation where half your army is on one side and the other half is on the other, that's both cool and probably the best way to solve the problem for you.
>>
>>121113574
Make manuals, mate. You have the paths for them.
>>
>>121113728
MUH CAP ONLIES DINDU NUFFIN NEED MO SNAKES FO DEM MORALES
>>
>>121113961
Sacred serpents aren't even cap only, what.

I mean, admittedly sobeks are cool, but they're not, y'know, what your national really does at all. They're just beefy line holders with a possible N9 and/or E4 bless if you took them for communions.
>>
I have 100 earth gems.

What should I do?
>>
>>121114356

I have for a long time wanted to make a sobek commander thug bless work.

Not as a skeleton/poison replacement, but as a kind of expansion strat/extremely design point expensive alternate tactic.

But it just doesn't. You're almost better off thugging a marshmaster.
>>
>>121114650

Hey guys, all my images are gone, post up some good 'it depends' ones?
>>
>>121114356
DA POLICE IS RAY CISS SOBEK DINDU NUFFIN GUD BOY ALWAYS GO TO CHURCH HOLY TROOPS CAP ONLY NEED MO SNAKES FO DEM MORALES
>>
File: ITDepends.jpg (159KB, 471x478px) Image search: [Google]
ITDepends.jpg
159KB, 471x478px
>>
File: It Depends.jpg (19KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
It Depends.jpg
19KB, 350x262px
>>121114650
>>121114786
>>
How do you say "It depends on the situation" in Russian?
>>
>>121115446
Đ—aĐ²Đ¸cĐ¸Ñ‚ oÑ‚ cĐ¸Ñ‚yaÑ†Đ¸Đ¸.
>>
>>121101003
>SmallFish
>10 water provinces
>3 underwater nations so far
>>
>>121114676
Why the fuck would you thug a marshmaster when you could use a bane or black servant?
>>
>>121116285
That's why the fish are so small.
>>
>>121116907

I wouldn't, but as it can self-buff, it's actually better than a sobek general - or even a bane.

Black servants are stealthy, so they're light thugs, good for sniping pd.

>>121116947

top kek
>>
>>121116907
Invuln / soul vortex / personal regeneration / whatever other buffs
>>
>>121116285
I kind of want to play Atlantis now. It wants coastal forts now anyways, so I can see no flaws in this plan.
>>
>>121117149

Liquid Body, Enlarge
>>
File: Untitled.png (91KB, 437x341px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
91KB, 437x341px
>>
>>121117570
>>121115032
>>121113961
i do not understand this meme
>>
>>121117910
You could probably do something along those lines with spider tribe, but for C'tis it really doesn't make sense (C'tis did nothing wrong, stupid Ermor ruined death magic for everyone).
>>
>Raid a province with your newly summoned fully geared super combatant
>Get cursed by a lizard
WHY GOD WHY?
>>
>>121074712
>>121085094
17 def 18 ethereals with 3 attacks sound like they would make great raiders. Put a thug on a pair of these on a carpet.
>>
>>121117149
They got shit stats and no stealth/mobility which are pretty important on thugs
>>
File: azdqs.png (397KB, 1125x616px) Image search: [Google]
azdqs.png
397KB, 1125x616px
Reminder that lizards are the PUREST nation in late age that DO NOT crossbreed and are ONLY gay for OTHER LIZARDS and not for filthy, tiny-dicked humans.
>>
>>121118473
They only have 2 attacks actually and are not fatigue neutral.
You're going to have better luck sending a mage to summon 2 size 6 elementals
>>
>>121118776
>Implying dirty sluts for Ermor are as pure as Caelum
Caelum is pure in every era.
>>
>>121119594
>Birds that fight amongst themselves and then get keked by the people they kicked out
>>
>>121119594
>Tfw no fanfic about lizard boypussy in ermor
>>
>>121120121
that lizard would most assuredly get boned a great deal
>>
>>121120121
Shall I, the writer of Wailing Lady gets Centaur Dick, concern myself with producing this worthy tale?
>>
>>121120354
Link?
>>
>>121120354
Yes
Please
Make it really cute and sweet.
>>
>>121120029
Doesn't matter. Still Caelians. Lizards slutted themselves out for the pseudoroman legions and let the humans get all the way into their deepest, darkest secret places for death magic.
>>
>>121120354
Make it early Ermor
>>
>>121120429
You really don't want to read it. It's horrible, funny and poorly written overall.

http://pastebin.com/4MXnaFDL

>>121120486
>Cute and sweet

No

>>121120554
Duh
>>
>>121114650
king of earth>hidden in sand/underneath>shit> summon ogres
>>
>>121120696
Where does Earth Drakes and Clockwork Horrors go then?
>>
>>121118763

They make up for it by needing very little gear.

>>121119552

They aren't good units, but you make them for the pure coolness factor. Then buff them, fly them around, whatever.

>>121114650

Spend it all on earth boots.

Use the earth boots to fucking kill people.
>>
>>121120696
>underneath
They have 8 hp, so unless you have a reason to believe those paths will somehow be super useful, hidden in sand is better.
>>
>>121114650
Empower an air mage
Give it earth boots
>>
>>121114650
Earth Boots/Blood Stones and Earth Battle Spells tend to be a better investment than summons. As far as summons go, I suppose Elemental Royalty would be at the top of the priority list.
>>
>>121120851

They require different kinds of provinces, and are roughly similar.

The amount of hp a unit has is not it's most important attribute, and it shits me that people keep using it as a measure of worth.

You know what has big pile of hp? Pale ones and ancient pale ones. They're also big huge piles of shit.
>>
>>121120905
You have it backwards.

>Have 100 air gems
>Empower 2 Earth Kings
>ENDLESS RoS
>>
>>121120796
They would be nice if they didn't cost as much if not more than an average mage apiece
>>
>>121108390
first of all you already posted and i already told you 6 times to capture shit underwater, just because you can.

you are blocked and isolated!? that's great: time to research and you can do so safely. waterbreathing items will allow you to cross the bridge. even if painful it will be all over after you do so because you are a recruit-anywhere style of nation so you can easily use the forts in your mainland to recruit researcher and put out enough forts for troops and battle mages outside.
you can also use waterbreathing items to cross water and do a surprise attack to any coast.
if someone already conquered underwater stuff then you need to ally with him and setup an attack with him granting you an underwater tunnel. you really need scouting ( use scrying pool) and surprise since you can only bring few hundred troops and 10 sauromancers unless you got 30 water gems income.
>>
>>121121094

Yeah, but watching a unit of them ride through a castle's walls is really hot.
>>
>>121120979
Pale Ones are actually pretty good for cracking forts and fighting under darkness but that's besides the point. The problem with Released Ones is that they're incredibly fragile to spells despite their high prot
>>
>>121121104

Gonna say that water items to cross rivers, with labs either side to make it quick an easy handover of underwater items, is a neat idea.

'hur research in tiny amount of provinces forever and then go and act like an amphibious nation underwater, forging rings of water breathing for each and every fucking skelespammer'

is complete fucking useless advice.
>>
>>121120979
You never cast the spell, did you? Hidden Underneath skellies die to spells super fast. They're the equivalent of longdead chaff. The spells are only worth it because of the mages anyway, but in the case of HiS you get mages + good support with relatively high stats and fire immunity, while with HU you get mages and fucking nothing.
>>
>>121120851
they hit hard and have many resistences and decent MR if i recall correctly.crazy protection
and they hit hard.

in a big army they are less likely to be hit by relevant aoe and they should tank earthquakes easily. you are just buying protection instead of hp nd that's not always bad. i would try to put small groups of them everywhere. nothing exceptional of course and the mage is still the best part about it but they are almost always usable.
>>

>>
>>121121307
>'hur research in tiny amount of provinces forever and then go and act like an amphibious nation underwater, forging rings of water breathing for each and every fucking skelespammer'

is complete fucking useless advice.

it's still a possibility if you don't want to attack the land neighbour.
>>
>>121121476
Dust Warriors have more protection and 28hp :^)
>>
>>121121647
no they don't without buffs.
they have less than half protection.
>>
>>121121521
TEMPTATION TO MEME PICK ATLANTIS RISING
>>
File: 51246246.jpg (270KB, 1156x774px) Image search: [Google]
51246246.jpg
270KB, 1156x774px
>>121121707
Oh, wait, my bad.

Anyway, can somebody who's good with math calculate the chances of getting a certain number of paths for those bad boys?
>>
>>121121886
Doo eeet
>>
>>121121935
There should be a Hidden in Air.
>>
>>121122414
how does it even make sense.
call it hidden in mist.

in what kind of land would you be required to cast it? also earth shouldn't be able to summon air mages. fuck that. it's ok it it requires air3 d1.but then you shouldn't be able to summon air/earth mages. fuck that.
>>
>>121122568
A3D1, yeah exactly, dunno where you got the implication of earth from. The mages would roll death, air, and maybe astral, it'd give you access to the incredibly cool but underused wailing winds and winds of death.
I called it Hidden in Air because I like the idea that there are skeletons hiding in the air that I breath in every time I inhale.
The only terrain I can think of is putting it in the mountain with hidden in snow.
>>
>>121122414
>Hidden in Grass for vine-covered skeletons with regeneration
>Hidden Underwater for quickened mermen skeletons
>Hidden in Ether for astral skeletons with high MR
>Hidden in Magma for BURNING EXPLODING SKELETONS MOTHERFUCKER
>Hidden in Shit for skeletons with disease aura
>>
>>121123068
>Hidden in Death for immortal skeleton commander, immortal death mage skeletons, and immortal skeletal warriors
I want to make a mod that adds an entire new school of magic for summoning different kinds of hidden skeletons.
>>
>>121123274
Take Cataclysm's concept, and make every nation a nation with it's own special skeleton spells.

Name it The Skeleton War.
>>
File: RomanBathhouse2.jpg (94KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
RomanBathhouse2.jpg
94KB, 800x548px
Lizard in Ermor, version 0.5

http://pastebin.com/d7mVL7BL

Half an hour of writing, I might continue tomorrow.
>>
>>121123467
>drowning

muh dick.
>>
>>121100439
Nah, I just need to feed somehow all this horde, so witches helps... a little. Like, every 5 of them are equal to 1 bag of wine.
Figure it yourself, NERD.
>>
>>121121521
Someone have picked Pelagia already. I am out m8.
>>
>>121100439
>inquisitors
>working with witches, sorcerers and heliophagi

wtf m8.
>>
Are elves attacking you now Marveni? bad luck dude.
>>
So I made a mod, OP says desura is ded, where should I put it up?
>>
I'm trying to get my friend into dominions, but he is more like a casual and I'm not sure how to play the first game so he enjoys it.

Should I go disciple mode with AI and very positive scales with no bless imprisoned god?
Any experiences getting normies into dominions?
>>
>>121132263
mod db?
>>
>>121132432
MA Mitclan bless. Decently blesses jags and eagles will be more than enough to tip the scales in his favour when fighting with the AI.
>>
>>121132263

The Dom3Mods board is moderately active and works well enough as a Desura replacement. Pretty high on autism though.

>http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php
>>
File: domg roster.png (30KB, 592x340px) Image search: [Google]
domg roster.png
30KB, 592x340px
I was hoping we'd have a fresh thread by the time I came back, but no dice I guess.

So right now we have the roster in the picture, and the only suggestions for new players are Rain of Stones and Have we checked on Ermor. I'd like to have more suggestions, so if any of you have any memes you'd like on the team, feel free to suggest them.

There's also a list of ex-players on the wiki, and there's nothing saying they can't come back if people want them to:
http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//domg/#Ex-players
>>
>>121135735
Who will the new players replace?
>>
>>121135987
That will be decided later.

Though the Earthquake/Rain of Stones issue is a special case and will be treated accordingly.
>>
>>121135735
>desura thug
>asshole batman, bogus the troll, >avg domg pretender, lugh the long handed

those memes are not up to date.
whee are my drowned greeks?
>>
>>121136164
UW ARCHER PD good enough for that?
>>
>>121136164
They're not there because this list was made for the fourth /vg/ league and now we're preparing for the fifth.

I can add 'Drowned Greeks' to the suggestion list if you want, though.
>>
>>121136387
When is VGL 5 anyways?
>>
>>121136387
We need a meme about Therodos, not just DROWNED GREEKS.
>>
>>121136541
Well, Underwater Archers might work >>121136351

>>121136526
It's a virtual soccer tournament between /vg/ generals. The best teams get the 'honor' of being on the /vg/ team for the inter-board tournaments.
http://implyingrigged.info/wiki//vg/_League_5
>>
>>121136647
M8 I know everything about the divegrass, thanks for the link to VGL 5, didn't realize it was so close.
>>
>>121136876
Oh sorry, I read your 'when' as 'what'.
>>
File: dakini2.png (65KB, 319x436px) Image search: [Google]
dakini2.png
65KB, 319x436px
Oh, and come to think of it, >Nationgen Balance might be a fitting addition. I don't suppose anyone minds me adding it to the list of suggestions?
>>
Hey Sauro, why did you stop sieging Ulm's cap?
>>
>>121139935
Tell me the cries of distant war.
>>
>>121140041
Ulm is AI, that doesn't really count as a war.
>>
>>121140090
Awww....
>>
File: SmallPrePatchGameSummedUp.png (618KB, 487x693px) Image search: [Google]
SmallPrePatchGameSummedUp.png
618KB, 487x693px
>>121135735
>>
>>121139935
I didn't? Maybe they pushed me off, their last attempt routed a bunch of shit.
>>
File: dakini7.png (34KB, 339x328px) Image search: [Google]
dakini7.png
34KB, 339x328px
>>121147713
So you want 'Poor Little Agartha' added to the suggestion list? I can do that, though I doubt it'll garner many votes.
>>
File: Untitled.png (529KB, 829x541px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
529KB, 829x541px
What happens to someone who's both communion master and communion slave?
>>
>>121154457
Communion slave takes priority I think.
>>
>>121139079
I'm not well versed in fresh domg memes (shame on me), but I guess it could be something.
>>
>>121135735
We can do "taking my ball and going home" for Flatus, Chalice of Tears, etc.

Also
>stabbed by a methhead
>>
>>121154641
>stabbed by a methhead
I hope he either dies and sets himself AI, or lives and sends his turns.
>>
>>121154641
"__BoT GET OUT__

REEEEEEE"?
>>
>>121154641
What about "badminning" or "fresh hot stales"
>>
New thread

>>121156245
>>121156245
>>121156245
>>121156245
>>
>>121128113
We need combine force to somehow bring Ermor down. 0 chances to succeed, though.
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.