[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switch General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

Which is the definitive way to play?

Docked
Handheld
Tabletop
>>
docked
pro controller
>>
>Dollar store tier 8bitdo controllers
W E W
>>
>>390205896
Is the new 8bitdo controller out yet?
>>
Either docked with pro controller or handheld mode while comfy in bed.

What are some good games for the later by the way?
>>
>>390205896
Handheld
>>
>>390206191
It's cheap, it works. so theres not really alot to complain.

also 8bitdo controllers started off as a simple shitty PC/Phone controller. and they still support their products and update it for newer devices (like the switch). So despite being a chinese company they actually still give a shit. so. kudos to 8bitdo
>>
>>390205896
I can't believe people actually bought those shitty 8bitdo controllers.
>>
>>390206620
They're good for games like shovel knight, blaster master zero or mighty gunvolt.
>>
>>390206767
the d-pad is trash.
>>
File: IMG_3917.jpg (692KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3917.jpg
692KB, 1200x1600px
>>390205896
Docked if I'm playing a long session.

Handheld if I'm doing short bursts, while working on something else.
>>
>>390205896
Portable would be so good if Nintendo would offer Joycons that had an actual D-pad
>>
>>390206825
On which one? Joycons don't even have D-pads and the Pro Controller is too heavy and complex to feel like an old game controller. I think they work well.
>>
>>390206918
why do you have so many joycons
>>
>switch general
do you know what board you're on you stupid fat fuck
>>
when is the mario bundle going up?
>>
>>390207547
I...don't know?
I like the design and colors, I guess. I'm totally getting the Xenoblade Pro Controller and Mario Red Joycons too...
>>
>>390207547
>>390207891
He jerks off to that dog, and that's the closest he'll get to a figure to hotglue.
>>
>>390206191
>dollar store controllers can work with the switch
>official nintendo merch only works with the original wii
pretty pathetic, honestly. I was pretty excited to have an SNES pad to play on the switch. Go figure 8bitdo shit is cheaper and better quality.
>>
>>390208169
>two people talking about why someone has so many joycons.
>Don't know, colors n' shit
>some random dude replies
>"He jerks off to that dog,"

I swear people should stop the meth posting.
>>
>>390205896
Docked or handheld depending on the game. For whatever reason I'm better at Arms in handheld mode but I'm better at Splatoon docked.

Tabletop is fucking awful and I don't know why anyone would ever bother.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1008x697px)
file.png
1MB, 1008x697px
Things I want:

>Mario Odyssey
>Xenoblade 2
>Octopath
>Kirby
>Xenoblade pro controller
>Mario joycons
>Pokemon Ultra Moon

I don't think I could afford all that.
>>
>>390208549
Stop jerking it to console-tans. And if you have to, at least have some dignity and don't jerk it to a fucking controller-tan, anon.
>>
Mario + Rabbids out of all fucking things is tempting me to get a Switch much earlier than I had planned, but it's also literally the only game I can think of that I'd wanna get as of now and it feels a bit like a game you love for a week and then never play again. (I already own BotW, MK8, Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania) Do I pull the trigger anyway since the Switch apparently is selling too well to get a price drop anytime soon.
>>
>>390205896
table top, free joy cons
>>
File: 1479585990151.png (163KB, 344x290px)
1479585990151.png
163KB, 344x290px
>>390205896
>bootleg controllers
>>
>>390209093
It's a good system, hardware-wise. After owning every handheld and console, it's hands down my favorite from both aesthetic and technical aspects.

While it's missing more games. Whatever I play on it feels amazing. So much of a departure from the traditional way to play. I didn't think I'd like it so much when it was first released. But now I'm in.
>>
>>390208648
Tabletop was great during hurricane Irma
>>
>>390209601
God, this sounds exactly like the desperate pitch people on /v/ were making for the WiiU.
>>
>>390209093
It's not worth it, anon. Like you said you'll get through it and probably never play it again. It's very very one note. It doesn't have any depth past enemy types, and even they aren't really that varied after you get through the tutorial zone (besides bosses). I really regret buying it full price because I can tell it's going to be a $20 game a few months down the line.
>>
>>390206825

Just like the controllers they're trying to mimic, so it works.
>>
>>390209691
I wasn't on /v/ much during the Wii U. But I'm not a Wii U hater. I love that system too. In fact, hacking it lets you play pretty much every Nintendo system before it.
>>
>>390209719
>mario game dropping in price
w-we can dream, anon
>>
>>390209601
>So much of a departure from the traditional way to play.
Kek. I use my Switch docked with a pro controller 98% of the time. It's actually the easiest system to use in traditional way that Nintendo has released in a decade.
>>
Handheld or docked. Tabletop is for retards.
>>
>>390210012
it's an ubisoft game. And if it doesn't, it'll stop selling outside of holidays. 0 depth, 100-50-0 hit chances, worthless hit effects, nonsensical abilities that all have funny names and animations but do exactly the same thing.

The only novelty in the entire game that I actually found joy in was the jumping.
>>
>>390208379
I've nfc why those NES/SNES Classic controllers weren't bluetooth with connectable cord for Wii-stuff.
>>
>>390209998
The WiiU was hot garbage, and the fact that as soon as the Switch released, everyone here admitted that was fucking hilarious after this place defended that piece of shit console for fucking ever.

The switch is decent but it's suffering from severe lack of game.
>>
>>390210393
The switch is hot garbage too. can't wait for a new system to come out and everyone to admit it.
>>
>>390210012
Used copies.
>>
>>390210558
Honestly, it's pretty good as a handheld. That's how I think of it. But it collects dust unless I'm going somewhere, like on a long flight, or doing something.

To me, it's not even a console though. It's almost as if Nintendo dropped out of the console business and just produced a handheld. All the ports are severely limited or scaled down like they're handheld "ports", and all the exclusives are little nintendo or nintendo affiliate things.
>>
>>390210846
That's all the Switch is.

It's Vita v2 with a HDMI-out adapter (the dock) and doesn't use propriety memory cards.
>>
>>390210846
It's okay as a handheld. But it's still, like you said, missing on the games front. And butchered ports are not what I consider a library. Might as well not even have the games at all if it's missing the only mode people play in fifa, or madden, or whatever else.
>>
>>390211142
>And butchered ports are not what I consider a library
So what has a library, then? Because that defines 8th gen and betyond, ports and re-releases.
>>
>>390211025
You can buy a Vita dock with an HDMI-Out
>>
>>390205896
I love tabletop while chilling in the sofa in a comfy position without the joycon grip
>>
>>390211246
not really. They're getting their own games. Meme all you want but I can play madden and fifa how they're developed instead of gored with shitty downscaled textures and models on an xbone or ps4. Can't do that on a switch. What normie is going to buy a device that not only can't play the games that always sell the best when they drop, but can't even watch fucking netflix or youtube videos?
>>
>>390211142
>missing on the games front
Its six months old, already has two big exclusives out and at least two more coming by the end of the year, not counting the multiplats and smaller exclusives it already has and has coming.

Seriously, this is one of the better launches and immediate post-launch windows in recent memory, I can understand not liking all the games but its not lacking in games in general at all.
>>
>>390211589
>Two big exclusives?
If you're about to say "Splatoon 2 and ARMs", you're wrong.

The only big exclusive it's going to have this year is Odyssy.
>>
>>390211457
>They're getting their own games
*Also on PC

Why do Switch exclusives seemingly not exist but multiplats for PS4/Xbone do?

Switch has more exclusives than Xbone already, and will have more than PS4 by early 2018. Xbone has 7 full-retail exclusive games, PS4 has 17.
>>
>>390211709
>T-t-they don't count because I say so!
Stay mad.
>>
>>390211589
3* exclusives
Arms, Splatim, and Rabbids
>>
File: 1445722339885.jpg (41KB, 555x800px)
1445722339885.jpg
41KB, 555x800px
>>390211589
This. It's a better launch than PS4.
>>
handheld on commute
tabletop if I can find a desk at school
docked when im at home
>>
>>390211941
They're exclusive, but your definition of 'big' is iffy there, pal. The only folks they appeal to are nintendo faithful that will literally eat shit if nintendo slapped their logo on it.
>>
>>390211941
You might as well have said 'Killzone and Knack'
>>
>>390212103
>(you)
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.