[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only relevant during events Dead fucking game. What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 29

>only relevant during events

Dead fucking game. What went wrong?
>>
>>390201445
Can't balance worth dick, and their maps are bland as hell.
>>
>>390201445
>shit balancing
>shit "lore"
>boring maps that most of them consist of choke points
>"meta" bullshit
>competitive is awful
>was released with only 2 modes (payload and control points are almost the same)
>gunplay is not that fun

I still play on ocassio but whenever i play i remember the reasons why i dropped the game.
>>
>no Nintendo Switch port
>no stupid Nintendo-themed tie-in costumes
>no triple dipping with Overwatch amiibos

They're getting Doom and Wolfenstein to run on that baby.
>>
>>390201445
Gameplay is too simplistic.
Paladins is better.
>>
it's boring and has shit maps
>>
>>390203380
Paladins is the exact same low skill ceiling bullshit as Overwatch.
>>
Dialogue and bantz in-game are fucking retarded and shallow.

I'm serious, this is part of what made TF2 so enjoyable and fun.

"This is my kind of city, where everyone can live as they please!"
"The destruction caused by the omnics here...it reminds me of home."
"Oi! This is no time for standin around!"

It's like the designers thought: "Okay let's make a character that has a dead dad and is part bulldozer"
"Yeah! And when the match starts, he can say 'I MISS MY DEAD DAD. VROOM VROOM!"

It's just so fucking shitty and annoying.
Tell me you don't want to claw your ears off after having to listen to this shit all game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HdsSDZMws

OI TEA AND CRUMPETS DID OI MENTION THAT OIHM BREATASH YEAT LOOOVE?
>>
Chokepoints: the game.

Haven't played since last year's Halloween event when I realized this game would work infinitely better in a PvE format.
>>
File: 1504838036112.png (9KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1504838036112.png
9KB, 300x310px
Real question is what didn't go wrong?
>Drip-fed content
>Static maps full of nothing but hallways
>Bland and linear movement, not momentum-based/dynamic movement (e.g. Quake, Source games)
>Shitty balancing with the team never listening to feedback until months later
>No community-made content and no community servers with mods or anything to mix up the game
>Teams consist of nothing but autistic players who can't aim nor strategize worth a damn, instead just resort to killing people and not focusing on objectives
>Only two gamemodes
>Blizzard focuses more on the skins, lore, and short film animations than it does the actual fucking game

I'm fucking sick of this game.
>>
>>390204005
"WELL...THAT JUST HAPPENED."

BAZIIINNNGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NEXT TIME HIRE A VOICE ACTRESS THAT ISNT AN AUTISTIC 19 YEAR OLD RECORDING IN HER BEDROOM
>>
>>390203203
haha shitch
funny joke anon
i eat shit too
>>
>>390203746
Not really. They add a new champion every few weeks which means s i g n i f i c a n t learning curve even after you've played a few hundred hours. Meanwhile Overwatchs entire budgets gone into failed marketing initiatives.
>>
i find it really sad that people are this delusional about overwatch when it comes to population
>>
>>390204005
ISN'T LIFE A GAME SOLDIER SEVENTY SIX?
>>
>>390204564
>sell 25m copies
>DEAD GAME HAHA, IM 12 BTW
>>
@390205461
>people who buy the game never stop playing it
please be bait
>>
Are people finally starting to realize that blizzard can't balance for shit and has no idea what regular content updates are?
>>
>>390205272
16 BIT HERO
>>
>really like the game premise
>it's plagued by a cancerous playerbase
>horrible map balance
>an entire game mode is basically a joke (Assault/2CP)
>the only decent content we got since launch is Deathmatch, and even then only as a training ground for aiming with ONE good map for it
I REALLY want this game to succeed but Blizzard keeps fucking up tremendously.
>>
File: tumblr_ny5klmZtm71umudcuo1_1280.jpg (45KB, 930x930px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny5klmZtm71umudcuo1_1280.jpg
45KB, 930x930px
>Small and meaningless updates
>boring events
>atrocious balancing
>no personality in the characters
>beyond awful map design
>no modding scene
>awful fanbase
>>
>>390205598
dude thats not how reply to someone stop using discord for a while
>>
The devs focus way to much on visual design and themes over what actually makes sense in the context of gameplay

Illios is a gorgeous map, visually alone it looks amazing.
But in practice its a bunch of narrow streets and multiple levels and balconys with lots of rooms to duck in and out of

Seems good, until you realise only about 1/4 of the roster can utilise it.

Genji, dva, winston, pharah, tracer to an extent, lucio.
Basically everyone else just has to walk down the main chokepoint narrow street or the slightly out of the way flank narrow street

It doesnt make sense.
You cant make a game where mobility is that fucking powerful, then only give mobility to certain heroes

Also applies to ultimates. Too focused on giving an ability that matches the "Epic theme" of a hero rather than considering if its balanced

>Genji
>Ults
>Gets refunded if killed before animation finishes
>Instantly refreshes dash cooldown so you arent in a bad position
>Combined with aoe slash instant kill to anyone 170 hp or lower
>Impossible to dodge outside of zarya barrier or other invuln abilities like zen ult
>Resets cd of dash on kill so slaughter continues

>Orisa ult
>Loses ult if killed mid animation
>Places a hackable, killable 100 hp object on ground
>"hey guys heres a 50% damage boost for about 3 seconds before it gets blown up hope it helps"
>>
>>390201445
most of the added maps are worse than the ones from launch, also they ruined 3v3 by making it lockout 3v3
I couldn't stop playing 3v3 before it was so fun, but they fucking ruined it
the extra 3v3 maps all suck too, the only good one is mei's
>>
File: 1452120738127.png (163KB, 432x455px) Image search: [Google]
1452120738127.png
163KB, 432x455px
>blanket "bad balance" statements
explain how the current changes in the pipe are bad, or your posts are non-arguments
>>
>>390206619
>in the pipe
there you go, anon
>>
>>390206225
I didn't want to (You) him silly
>>
>>390206702
it's like 4 days away from being live lmao

the only legit complaints i've seen so far are >>390206457
>>
>>390204184
Good one, back to the basement.
>>
They spent too much time focusing on skins and memorable characters at the cost of actually paying attention to the game itself.

People aren't playing because the gameplay itself is satisfying and fun, they just want to dress up their cute/funny favorite toys and smash them together a bit
>>
>>390206619
Nerfing Defence Matrix will leave Reaper, Junkrat, Soldier 76 and to an extent MCree completely uncontested in the game.
Kill times will generally become shorter causing a massive clusterfuck of a game that will basically result in the team with the bigger balls winning, not necessarily the better team.

That's all well and good but I dislike having someone get a literal lucky shot and kill me with no way to recover due to weak tanks.

However it will buff some heroes like Torb so I'm curious how it will all play out but I remain skeptical.
>>
>>390201445
Nothing, is the GotY from the last year /v/ is just on the cynical phase and will nitpick everything just to play the epic contrarian role.
>>
>poor "skill based matchmaking"
>poster-boy director
>multiplayer only
>small,boring events
>lucioball somewhat fun but removed
>god awful balancing
>company cares about lootboxes and hype more than actual players
>>
>Quick play doesn't allow you to select what gamemode you want to queue for
>Quick play doesn't even allow you to queue for half of the gamemodes the game has
>basic GUI elements like windows doesn't fucking exist,
>server list doesn't even allow basic shit like favouriting servers
>pay to play and add in cash shop bullshit on top of it
>no modding or mapping tools
>massive lack of content as a whole
>entire game thematic is a backstory of genocide, war, murder, backstabbing and generally being violent as fuck which doesn't fit with how happy go lucky the game presents itself, everything being replaced with nerf guns or paintball guns would feel more in place.
>not just the characters, but almost every map feels bland as fuck, despite maps being based from all over the world, barely anything is done with them in regards to sound or lighting, and the visuals generally only contain the most stereotypical generic bullshit in existence.
>game penalties are fucking retarded, there's a language filter you can turn off yet various things are still filtered, leaving quick play games can fuck you over for no reason despite it literally being casual play etc.

I'm sure there's plenty I'm missing but that's a handful of issues.
>>
File: 1405212872281.jpg (75KB, 576x589px) Image search: [Google]
1405212872281.jpg
75KB, 576x589px
>the only hero shooter with a half decent player base is the worst
>>
>>390204005
Idk man I play mcree and his bants are good.
"I bet this saki tastes like shit"
Hanxo: "you don't have a palette worth saki."
>>
File: 1505170182177.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1505170182177.png
956KB, 841x849px
Overwatch is one of the best games to come out in the past 10 years. It's masterfully crafted, shit tons of fun and has incredible replayability. The fact that a point and click company like Blizzard created OW is nothing short of a miracle. I'm level 210 and still having a blast. The content they've added is as high quality as the game when it released. It's obvious they put a shit ton of work into it, they even bring the voice actors back to record new lines that actually sound consistent with the first time they recorded.

It was so thoughtfully crafted that even the fucking opinions is impressive. The ability to change your control scheme for each hero individually? How many fucking games allow you to do this? I know /v/i is a place for citritical thought and opinion because of all the jaded people here but c'mon, you can't deny the incredible polish and flexibility this game has.

I can find a game of QP on PC in less than 20 seconds. The community is vastly superior to just about any other community out there, probably because it's so heavily moderated. What other game have you seen people say "GG" as much as OW? NONE..

OW is the total package, I love it and play it almost every night and I'm 35 y/o and been playing games since Atari 2600. I know how to critically analyze games. OW is incredibly impressive.
>>
>>390205746
I don't think regular content updates are necessary if the game itself was designed well from the start. The idea of making half a game and dripping out actual content is cancer. We can thank Valve for pioneering that shit and LoL for making it a science
>>
>>390207002
so a game where DPS already get all the glory will now get even more? fuck this
>>
>>390206457
You're comparing a support tank to a dps but I agree. Genji's ult is much too powerful one kill can guarantee almost a team wipe. I'd say stuns would make a fair counter but he can deflect those.
>>
>>390204391
you mean esports
>>
>>390207193
>masterfully crafted
Don't be fooled. Overwatch is a very polished turd.
>>
>>390207365
Imagine being a Rein with no D.Va to eat Reaper/Junkrat/Pharah bullshit raping your barrier. I guess Zarya and Monkey will become the prevalent tanks for defense, since poor Rein already gets fucked by so much and D.Va will become a much more aggressive pick due to her changes.

At least Ana will be able to heal more I guess, and I'm looking forward to the Mercy changes, but I have no idea what the fuck is going to shift in the meta other than these things.
>>
>>390207002
it's bad and good imo. D.va was a skilless piece of trash that cucked most of the characters from being useful, so I'm not missing her

the junkrat and roadhog changes own despite riptire being too good
>>
>>390207412
>Genji gets nanoboosted
>he now instakills you with one slash and dash
>even Zen ult can't outheal it if he times the hits properly
>the counterplay to that is to be a literal top 3 Mcree backed up by another top 10 DPS player
>oh and you musn't get focused first :^)
I don't mind Genji in general, but a top tier player playing him is basically unstoppable and in a game based around counters I feel that's a bit too much.
>>
>>390207815
they need to stop over nerfing shit and making drastic changes to characters that aren't needed
>>
>>390207823
I agree with you, I'm mostly worried about what new cancer might spread after her nerfs. At least people will be able to play the fucking game though, so that's something.
>>
>>390208036
>>390208020
>>390207823
>>390207815
>>390207412
They need to stop making any nerfs period and simply buff all the fucking useless characters into being as viable as pre-nerf ana / pre any nerfs lucio etc.
>>
>>390204005
Widowmaker probably has the only thing resembling banter in the game

>Reaper
"Death becomes you~"
>76/McCree
"*scoffs* Americans..."
>Ana
"The world's greatest sniper... formerly"
>Sombra
"Big mouth, big target."
>>
>>390208239
I actually like this idea, if everyone's op you'll be able to tell real fast who on your team is the shitter
>>
>>390207002

>create a tank hero who really only has one job: keeping healer-killing flankers like Reaper and Tracer in check
>he's a huge target, so while he can soak damage he's also impossible to miss so the OHKO ability is balanced by his inability to last in brawls
>make it so he can't do his job any more, and also give him a damage reduction heal that makes it so he's just a huge ult battery for the enemy team
>introduce a super-mobile dps that can OHKO 90% of the cast every 4 seconds and also generates his own shields
>take a different tank (also with a huge hitbox) and make her one actual tank ability nigh useless
>but to compensate, give her a damage ability that isn't worth a shit unless you are standing right in the face of your target (which, coincidentally, makes it impossible for them to not be able to headshot you)
>"Having a Mercy rez isn't fun!"
>completely unbalance Mercy to the point that literally every other healer is obsolete

I'm starting to think that Blizzard isn't very good at their job.
>>
>>390208239
If they used PTR to actually test changes instead of just bug checking the patch, maybe we'd be able to balance shit like normal people instead of changing D.Va 10 patches in a row.
They were the ones that thought of the great idea of having a character be able to eat entire ultimates with a basic ability and now they can't balance it for shit.

Any normal game would just add more Zarya-type characters that go through Matrix/Deflect but that's clearly too hard for Blizz to think of.
>>
>>390208401
As a long-time WoW player I can confirm they have no idea how to balance a game.

As for the recent OW changes, most of them will end up being okay (new Hog is a decent example even though he's fundamentally not the same hero he was at launch), but changing Rez entirely after and entire year of the entire playerbase bitching about it just feels dumb.
I personally hate it and I embrace the new changes but it feels so weird to suddenly change your fucking mind about what you want a character to be after an entire year of the game being out.
>>
>>390208239
You can shit on DotA for a lot of things, but this is exactly how they balance and it's been working wonders the past few years or so.
>>
>>390208889
DotA has 5 times more heroes, and you can't change heroes mid-match so they have to be extra careful in Overwatch when it comes to tweaking numbers.
I agree with you but I'm just playing devil's advocate
>>
>>390204005
why do team fortress 2 cucks and palababbys always have to mention their game in an overwatch thread
afraid of dying you miserable blokes?
>>
>>390209025
That switching mid match bit is a good point. In that case I think we can point to TF2 on release, but I only played casually so I can't speak to balance
>>
>>390209159
their games actually have content that's why
>>
>>390205461
Here's your (you) you ordered, sir.
>>
File: 1503791997642.jpg (40KB, 444x470px) Image search: [Google]
1503791997642.jpg
40KB, 444x470px
>>390201445
Why do you lie to yourself?

I hate popular things too, but this is far from a dead game.
>>
>>390209212
Blizzard intended for ultimate charge times to prevent people from switching, but in-game if you switch to a more effective character you will always generate ult faster since you'll be able to actually fight and counter your enemies.

I feel a lot of OW problems will solve itself naturally once the game has more heroes, but currently you have dumb imbalances like Mcree/Soldier 76 where they're basically the same hero but S76 is flat out better in most situations even though Mcree is far more difficult to play.
>>
>>390209410
shove it up your ass delusional nigga
>>
>>390209724
That's part of the reason I get a little miffed at people who "main" and never switch characters as the situation demands.
>>
File: pxMWtK9.jpg (238KB, 1828x2470px) Image search: [Google]
pxMWtK9.jpg
238KB, 1828x2470px
>>390209604
nu-/v/ cucks don't play video games to have fun, that's why
>>
>>390210236
>>390209604

its dead as fuck, the game's player base has dropped by at least 70% it takes at least 6 mins to get in game now
>>
>>390201445
Idk but I don't even pick it up for events anymore, usually play a couple games when a new character releases but that's about it.
>>
File: ass.png (37KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
37KB, 256x256px
>>390210583
>the game's player base has dropped by at least 70%

>source: pic related
>>
>>390204184
>shitch

That made me giggle more than it should've.
>>
>>390210236
>nu-/v/ cucks don't play video games to have fun
That being said Overwatch still is the very clearly not fun
>>
File: 1.jpg (34KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34KB, 620x515px
>Make a season system just like LoL
>Except seasons are reset every two months
>Then you have to do your placement all over again
>Even if you do well,they'll most likely put you much lower than where you were last season,meaning that you have to climb again
>The meta will either change in the middle of the season because Jeff wants it to or it won't change at all
gee,no wonder no one cares about it,it's not like nobody was retarded enough to try and stay ranked higher than Diamond.
The game also has a very little playerbase,despite Blizzard claiming it has 30 million players.
>>
>>390211597
Every big game bullshits it's players. Unless you can use a service like Steam to see concurrent users and collect that data, you're having smoke blown up your ass
>>
I love how every time I stumble upon one of these threads on the front page there's a bunch of fags complaining about "muh low skill ceiling".

Show me one of those people getting to Diamond or Master ranks within three days of playing for the first time and I might agree to it. But that's never the case, just a bunch of salty pedantic "elitists" spewing bullshit they know nothing about.
>>
File: 1468570962986.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
1468570962986.gif
483KB, 243x270px
To be honest it's just boring to me. the gunplay isn't that great and the game is too simple to be deep. Plus, all of the maps are shit.
>>
>>390201445
It's a skinnerbox, a vehicle for microtransactions.
>>
>>390206883
i dont wanna go to your house tho
>>
>>390211597
there's no point in doing placements after the first time as it will just place you where you ended off in the last season.
>>
File: 1493419461931.jpg (40KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1493419461931.jpg
40KB, 600x582px
>>390205916
You forgot about how they fucked up CTF.
Now CTF is always a shit show in competitive but they literally put no though into it and I have never seen a game fuck it up so badly
>>
>>390203067
>i still play on ocassio but whenever i play i remember the reasons why i dropped the game.
Everyone on /v/
>>
>playing comp
>getting stomped
>point out obvious flaws in team comp and tell dps they're getting countered hard
>get told "Maybe if you spent as much time playing as you did bitching we'd be winning"

This game is cancer
>>
File: IMG_0085.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>390213139

>people being bossy assholes in video games
>>
File: Bait.jpg (32KB, 728x224px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
32KB, 728x224px
>>
File: MercyPistolWinstonMcree.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MercyPistolWinstonMcree.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>390213139
>its another triple dps genji/reaper/junkrat vs pharmercy game
>watch them flail about helplessly
>awkwardly walk back to spawn when everyone dies
>"maybe if you healed better, we'd be able to flail about helplessly for even longer!"
>>
File: dontfuckingtalktome.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dontfuckingtalktome.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>390213139
>competitive
>losing
>our reinhardt is getting ignored by our entire team but getting fucked hard by the other team
>he snaps and starts to trashtalk the dps on our team
>the dps is a jerk and they both start bantering in the fucking text chat
>they're now more focused at insulting eatchother in the textchat than actually playing
>ask them both to shut the fuck up and focus on the game
>other dps comes in
>"dude its only a game why are you such a tryhard"
>>
>>390203067

You forgot that the game is as deep as a puddle and no good horde/co-op mode. I'd play OW more if it had a good horde mode like Splatoon 2's Salmon Run.
>>
>>390208401
>>introduce a super-mobile dps that can OHKO 90% of the cast every 4 seconds and also generates his own shields

If you're complaining about Doomfist's power level, you aren't on top of what's going on in the meta.

Doomfist has a huge hitbox, huge head hitbox, is superreliant on his abilities (Sombra castrates him) and his dashes are easily telegraphed. He is a fat Genji pubstomper. Ever since they nerfed his punch to no longer hit a bus-sized area, I routinely see DFs whiffing their punches which they would have hit otherwise. He's only good when you can abuse corners and entrenched positions, so no good on Attack.

Also, what's wrong with D.Va? A tank can tank by just using damage. D.Va was always a squishy's bestie, using mobility to attend to skirmishes. Now the rockets let you deal more burst. Having a hero who fits into any team comp and deletes most ults in a massive cone isn't that fun (compare to Lucio or Zen, who have their saving abilities on ults, or Ana, whose dart is very skill-based).
No data also confirms that new Mercy will render healers obsolete given the ridiculous utility of Lucio and Zen. Ana is mostly not in vogue due to getting dove on.
>>
>>390213139
I'm pretty sure it went more like
>switch off hanzo
>switch off hanzo or i throw
>jesus fucking christ you retarded faggot, play the game
>>
File: 1505159818500.jpg (172KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1505159818500.jpg
172KB, 720x960px
>>390214091
>"switch off hanzo or i throw"
>"enjoy playing torbjorn"
never liked silence so much in my life
>>
>>390213625
Is this supposed to be impressive? Her projectile hitbox is bigger than Hanzo's arrows.
>>
>>390213967
>be McCree
>see Doomfist rocket into team
>hit E
>laugh
>>
File: Wub.png (102KB, 241x232px) Image search: [Google]
Wub.png
102KB, 241x232px
>>390204005
This actually did get tired of hearing this shit early on. I think part of the problem is how unreasonbly nice they try to make most characters seem, even dire enemies are more polite than what is probably warranted.

>>390206457
>Seems good, until you realize only about 1/4 of the roster can utilize it
Nail on the head. I fucking hate the maps in this game abd how they put so much work in making them pretty before considering whether or not they're fun to fight in.
>>
File: 1502429528828.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1502429528828.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>Add in a game mode like Capture the Rooster or Junkenstein's Revenge
>Remove it, and give the players no option to play it until the event rolls around again
Why?
>>
SJW bullshit
Uninteresting characters
Uninteresting powers
Pandering to thicc with no good thicc
No customization beyond skins
'AAA' game w/ Microtransactions
Less support than the dead moba
I could go on
>>
Blizzard doesn't actually care about wide playerbases anymore. They learned from the later years of World of Warcraft that 10 people each paying a thousand dollars into your shit game because of sunk cost fallacy and fanboying beats 500 people putting in one dollar each to have fun. So now that appeal to those few by making virtual slot machines.
>>
>>390201445
They made Tracer a fucking dyke.
>>
>>390215886
>SJW bullshit
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>390213967

Dva just has terrible design at this point. They've fucked around with her too much

At launch she might have been weak but could get away with her design being niche

Now after flip flopping back and forth so much shes a frankensteins monster of design

>Dva has a huge hitbox and only a temp barrier, she should have fucktons of armour to make her a good counter to heroes dealing small instances of damage
>Oh fuck no she deals too much damage after we JUST BUFFED HER WALK SPEED WHILE FIRING, better nerf her damage and health
>"She isnt meant to be a dps hero guys!" -Geff, dev

>Spends months being an annoying cockblocking infinite matrix meta whore where her job is basically to be the best main tank in dive comp that can also fly after solo heroes and 1v1 them with ease

>"Guys we're making her less of a tank and giving her MISSILES"

It might be a change for the better but it makes me want to play the game less. They dont know what they want the meta to be or what heroes should do, every change is completely reactive
>>
>>390216248

Yeah! Lesbians don't really exist! SJWs!
>>
File: qt.webm (933KB, 1100x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qt.webm
933KB, 1100x1080px
>>390217028
Lesbians this beautiful do not exist in real life.
>>
>>390201445
>can't quit during team select when you have two pro genji's.

>no role select.

>punished when some faggot ragequits.

>punished when some faggot AFKs

Shit is just frustrating to play, you have to wade through 10x the number of matches just to counteract the de-ranking effect of dickheads.
>>
File: 1502548400929.png (17KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502548400929.png
17KB, 467x453px
>>390213139
The worst part of the game by far is that you can't ever voice your opnions about it. Tryinh to have a discussion on the game's many design problems when they happen just get everyfuckingone on the server calling you "salty". They are incapable of thought patterns above that of fucking insects, living in a religious fantasy where OW is a perfect game, Blizzard can do no wrong and anyone who would have even a passing thought otherwise is incomprehensible and must be a defective player regardless of whatevr objective knowledgre of game design they espouse.
I would give ANYTHING to be able to have the conversations I have here with 99.9999999999999% of the game's player base instead of troglodytic dismissals.
>>
File: 1505346851938.jpg (167KB, 699x635px) Image search: [Google]
1505346851938.jpg
167KB, 699x635px
>>390201445
Projecting much, arenafag?
>>
>>390213139
>doing comp in high diamond
>matchmaking is a clusterfuck so we get a couple of GMs
>team is 2 dps 2 healers two tanks
>one of the GMs laugh and comments on how good the comp is this match
I know it happens in diamond and masters but it sounds like this shit doesn't fucking stop even at the highest ranks.
DPS mains need to be gassed.
>>
how much have you negroes spent on boxes? i'm thking of buying the 50 pack.
>>
>>390219854
I haven't spent shit.
This "no dupes" change fucked me though. I used to get enough gold to buy a bunch of items I want. I'm only getting dupes for the uncommon items while my collection is filled with a bunch of shit sprays I never wanted.
>>
literally only reason i play this shit game is Gigantic can't find me a game during nighttime
>>
>>390209724
>over 20 characters
>tries to balance the game by which 6 get picked

It's impossible because they keep shifting the meta so hard everything stays broken
>>
>>390219508
How does Dirty Bomb manage to stay so busy relative to the competition?

I thought Quake Champions, despite it's inability to generate any positive buzz would at least beat it, even if just for awhile.
>>
>>390216740

IMO, D.va/MEKA need a complete revamp.

Make her into a resource-based tank that requires micro-management to be effective.

MEKA no longer has any cooldowns for its abillites instead they are tied to a "power gauge". MEKA's range attack is also tied to this as well. It would help justify MEKA's quick melee attack as way to save energy. You have to carefully balance your energy budget or you unable to attack, use defensive matrix in a pinch or run away when things get too hot.

I would also allow MEKA to be destructible during self-destruction (give it 250-300 health) which gives enemy team a chance to counter it and penalizes player from not using the Ultimate correctly. It would also improve the flow of the game.

Lore-wise it perfectly fits with D.VA being a "SC1/SC2 champ" a game that emphasizes micro-management at high-level playing.
>>
File: 1497046339667.webm (268KB, 570x322px) Image search: [Google]
1497046339667.webm
268KB, 570x322px
>>390221090
>allow MEKA to be destructible during self-destruction (give it 250-300 health)
>>
>>390221090
>I would also allow MEKA to be destructible during self-destruction (give it 250-300 health)
It's already hard as fuck to get any kills with that ult with its 5 second countdown and the maps being littered with plenty of crap to duck behind.
>>
File: dva.jpg (75KB, 540x463px) Image search: [Google]
dva.jpg
75KB, 540x463px
>>390201445
Everything in the game is extremely low skill and limiting, even the things the "pros" clamour to like Genji and McCree can be mastered in about 10 hours.
>>
>>390201445
Boring fucking gameplay that only retarded chinks and normies enjoy. See: league of legends.
>>
It dying is what went right
>>
File: CvoNWLXUMAAtqPK.jpg (28KB, 409x637px) Image search: [Google]
CvoNWLXUMAAtqPK.jpg
28KB, 409x637px
>>390222398
League of Legends is honestly more fun than Overwatch is. I don't even play League much anymore either and just dabble once in a while.
>>
File: sadfrog.png (88KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.png
88KB, 398x384px
>Overwatch was a disappointment
>can only go back to TF2 for so long
>favorite community servers slowly dying one by one lately
>there will never be another good class-based MP FPS

I can only hope TF3 comes out before I get so old that my reaction times can't compete anymore :(
>>
>>390216740
In general, D.Va's design doesnt really work together.

>Gun is short range with huge spread.
>Shield is mid range and is best used behind your team (where your guns suck)

>Boosters to close distance for your gun

>But Movement speed penalty while firing that makes the distance closed meaningless

>Mean to be a Tank, but all damage you take is headshots due to aesthetic over balance.

>Gun is Hitscan
>New Missiles are delayed projectiles,

>They can be fired at the same time, but its theoretically impossible to land both at anything other than point blank

>At point blank you take self damage from the missiles.

Only reason she's meta is that she's the only tank remotely capable of standing up to overpowered heroes like Tracer who will just destroy your supports in half a second.
>>
>>390204005
Fuck you. Tracer's voice is cute as fuck.
>>
>>390201445
how come /v/ is the only place that thinks this game died?
>>
Looks like the typical korean bullshit.

Fuck it.
>>
>>390201445
How about you stop making threads about this game so it can die a quicker death? Fucking retard
>>
>>390212323
Rank has very little to do with individual skill and almost everything to do with luck and collusion
>>
>>390224030
It lives in an echo chamber that just so happens to be where 95% of the people who dislike the game hang out.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.