[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Hitman!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: hitman-0.jpg (255KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hitman-0.jpg
255KB, 1280x720px
I love Hitman!
>>
Me too. The new one is pretty good. Still pissed off about Elusive Targets. They better bring them back. I'm only missing one challenge related to them.
>>
>>390167749
SEASON 2 WHEN FAMALAMA DINGONG
>>
>>390167819
Yeah. Though I get the idea of making them feel like a tense 'one chance' situation, they could at least recirculate them every couple of months for people to try again.
>>
>>390167819
I'm sure they'll add some new ones after the next season is announced or something. Which suit(s) are you missing?
>>
>>390167749
I love Hitman but I hate season passes. Convince me why this is worth buying.
>>
>>390168128
There is no season pass
>>
>>390168128
It's not episodic anymore. You just buy the game and you have everything.

You've missed the elusive targets which is lame, BUT the devs have been very active releasing an update an new content each month. At this point if you haven't touched any of it at all, there should be a lot of stuff for you to do to keep yourself engaged.

You can also find it on sale a lot for a reasonable price.
>>
>>390168440
Oh shit for real? Guess I'm picking this up whenever it goes on sale next. Thanks anon!
>>
>>390168128
there is no season pass, not that it matters anyway
>>
>>390168128
Season 1 is all out now.

As for reasons to buy, I guess you could watch some playthroughs. It's a very formulaic game where you use items and knowledge of the map and AI to complete a goal. Disguising as staff and killing silently is easy but going in your original suit, doing some outrageous challenge kill and still getting away with it, is pretty great.
>>
>>390167880
I'll start caring about this again when there's some info on this, I'm done with season 1
>>
Played the game religiously, but then suddenly lost all motivation to keep playing. Barely touched Landslide or Hard mode.

>>390168128
The "complete first season" is the size of a full game, and for all we know now that Squeenix dropped IOI there may not even be a second season, so I wouldn't worry about season passes that much. As >>390168440 said, you missed the Elusive targets but as someone who completed most of them they're just flat out bad. Just an NPC carelessly dropped into an area that clearly wasn't designed with them in mind. You didn't miss out on anything besides the different starting suits you could unlock, which is trivial at best.
>>
>>390168994
You mean you don't want to play the new challenge pack to unlock the new HAMMER
>>
>>390169158
No? There's hammers and other melee objects everywhere. Besides I already have the tonfa or whatever it's called that I never use.
>>
>>390167749
I GOD DAMN FUCKING WANT MY SEASON 2 ALREADY YOU FUCKS but I'm willing to wait extra time if their reduced dev pool means they need more time to make it as good as Season 1 was.
>>
I hope they consider more options for the editor. Like changing NPC and item placements, routes they take, etc. It sucks that all the varied areas in maps like Sapienza are just for the bonus missions and player made contracts can't use them.

That said, I kinda get what they had in mind, since players are meant to memorise the flow of every map, so contracts are on equal standing. Fuck that though.
>>
>>390169328
But it's a CLAW HAMMER
>>
>>390169625
Oh, gee, well in that case. Seriously though, why? It's just pointless busy work. Unlock a hammer! Which is lying around in practically every level! Wow!
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault[1].jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>One of the new maps has an anime/comic convention going on.
>Exploring it, you find a disguise called One Hit Man.
>It's a copyright free jumpsuit and cape.
>Somewhere else in the map, there's a fitness club.
>Do 100 of each exercise to activate the disguises insta-kill melee attack and invincibility.
>>
>>390169881
I haven't tried it myself but I'm guessing that unlike the foldup baton, it isn't visible as an illegal weapon in normal mode. That's probably handy for runs that start a distance away from any non-lethal items.
>>
>>390169110
About starting suits, there is a savegame on the internet which apparently has all the suits and weapons unlocked, but this would only matter if you have the pirated version and copy the steam ID to the crack

I can't be sure about that savegame having every single thing unlocked because I can't see what's not unlocked, but if someone else wants everything for the pirated version, it's really worth a shot
>>
>>390170514
Oh maybe, I've never run into any issues finding a specific melee object when I needed it for something like a challenge or escalation. I guess it could be advantageous to start with a hammer if you're trying to break some speed record. Personally I don't give a shit though.
>>
I like hitman absolution more than any other hitman.
>>
>>390170931
I respect your horrible opinion
>>
File: D U D E .jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
D U D E .jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
Getting this when it all released as one package was fucking great. Absolution burned me bad, but 40 hours into Season 1 and I love it.

Paris, Sapienza and Hokkaido are all 10/10
>>
>>390170717
in case anyone is interested in the 100% savegame for the cracked version, here it is

111 zippyshare com/v/gM3yrBYV/file(dot)html

the name of the folder is the steam ID
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1387x867px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1387x867px
Just wish there was mod support. I'l love to see a bit more gore even if it was just for aesthetic purposes.

Why is RDR and Max Payne still leading in this field?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaDebK9-9I
>>
>>390171797
Shitposting to an art form.
>>
did they add anything new recently
>>
GOTY 2016.

The game could easily have no story, yet Ep 5 cliffhanger was hella good.
>>
>>390167880
IOI teased that they'll have some 'exciting' news in October.
>>
>>390172847
H A M M E R
>>
>>390171074
This so much, I also liked Bangkok alot. Only level I hated was Colorado, level design sucked and the boring aesthetic reminded me of Absolution too much.
>>
How will Season 2 be able to match the comfiness of Sapienza?
>>
>>390173198
Blood Money remaster.
Wouldn't be surprised, wouldn't be disappointed.
>>
>>390173938
but why? Why would you want to play the same game? WE PLAYED THAT ALREADY
>>
>>390173620
Or the style and substance of Paris.
>>
>>390174109
Gotta make some money.
>>
File: 1436094250670s.jpg (3KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1436094250670s.jpg
3KB, 124x124px
Why didn't they spend some money on more than one voice actor so that the japanese guards don't sound like the italian guards that sound like the french guards that sound like the american guards
>>
>>390174273
Why didn't they pay Jesper Kyd?

Square Enix tbhwithyou
>>
>>390174273
That reminds me, is S2 going to be affected by the VA strike?
>>
>>390167749
Shame it died after blood money. Honestly they should have just made the game fully instead of going for the episodic meme, because that may have reduced dev time but it resulted in way fewer levels than the other games
>>
I just want a ski resort/lodge level next season - if that was the only level in the entire season I would be okay with it
>>
>>390174594
IOI were kind of strongarmed into that release schedule.

The game itself, as it's sold now, is tremendous.
>>
>tfw i will never get the elusive target costumes because i bought the game late
sucks being a smart consumer.

anyway i hope season 2 has a vatican level. a scottish/welsh castle level? a proper cruise ship?

although my dream level would be an airport
>>
>>390174594
>it resulted in way fewer levels than the other games
sapienza is like 3 different levels on one map
>>
>>390175086
If you wanted them then how are you smart for missing them?
>>
>>390174273
Because if they had accents for every location, each character would have only a 2-3 lines for each situation. Not to mention it adds to the cost of new maps by having the same actors repeat lines in a fake accent.
>>
>>390175271
i was smart because i didn't have any money to buy the episodes but when it went on sale during summer i finally had a job and money
>>
>>390175086
>sucks being a smart consumer.
Smart consumer would buy the game the first time it went on 50% sale back in November, after all the episodes were released.
>experienced complete game, have all the awards and experienced how the game evolved so much in just few months
It was a great experience.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llOjlor241Q
>>
>>390175397
That's not being smart, you just didn't have any money. And now you don't have any of the costumes you wanted either.
>>
>>390174908
I don't blame IOI at all, and I don't question it is a good game. I am merely saying this release method resulted in there being less content then a full retail release would have had, because no publisher is going to allow a developer to continuously support one single player game indefinitely.

It is entirely SE's fault, they are following trends that sell well in other titles instead of focusing on what is right for the game.
>>
>>390175790
Episodic release was unironically right for Hitman, but wrong for the business.
>>
Is Absolution worth playing at all? I've played Silent Assassin, Contracts, and Blood Money.
>>
>>390175397
>I'm a smart consumer because I was unable to get a job to pay for products I wanted
>>
>>390175760
to be honest having 'time limited' content for a largely singleplayer game is ridiculous.
>>
>>390176226
No, not unless you don't care about it not feeling like Hitman.
>>
>>390177001
i bought the game after square enix dropped IO and IO started rolling back a few of the online only stuff like letting you use your unlocks when offline.
>>
>>390176226
Kind of. I basically got it for free and had some fun with a few levels, but mostly it's bastardized Hitman.
>>
>>390177001
It is. And if it makes you feel any better like 95% of the elusive targets were utter shit. And I don't even wear the costumes. But that's just me, I'm sure some people love them.
>>
>>390169539
It would also be nice if players can set rules to mix things up a bit. Like some player contracts ask you to dress as a character to "frame them" but since if you want a high score, you have to go against that plot and not be spotted at all.

Would be neat if you could set disguises to be seen as or that certain bodies are okay to be found, like in the hotel murder challenges. People could disable the penalties al-together for complete gun fight scenarios.
>>
>>390176226
play it as a shitty tps and pretend its just 47 having a bad dream and return to the cannon titles.
>>
>>390167749
The the vision comes still attached to heads (i.e. RNG)? If so, I'll pass; let me know when they roll it back to being on chests.
>>
>>390178765
Just watch where they're looking. It's not RNG at all.
>>
>>390179136
The head movements are RNG though.
>>
>>390179339
why do you care? you were probably save scumming anyway
>>
>>390179431
Well on professional it can be a bit annoying
>>
>>390179339
No, they're animations. You'll know when they'll move a certain direction and you can exploit it.
>>
>>390179431
>why do you care?
Because I like running specific paths. The patch made so that even with perfect execution, I'd still be seen by one guy 50% of the time and the rest he doesn't
>>
>>390179521
Not true. Kotti had an autistic meltdown over the fact it changes
>>
>>390179924
Then they should make them more consistent for precision timed runs. Not degrade it to baby difficulty because people can't check a person's head before sneaking by.
>>
>>390179339
so is reel lyf
>>
>>390181835
Hitman isn't real life, bud
>>
Ok /v/, redpill me on Hitman lore. Don't know shit about it.
>>
>>390183423
47 is an engineered clone made to be the perfect assassin. As such he's a bit of a mary sue pro-tag and a blank slate. He and some other clones got free and he joins an organisation so he would be killing with a purpose.
>>
>>390183954
He likes bunnies.
>>
DALE
YO LA CONOCÍ EN UN TAXI
>>
>>390167749
This game is fucking great but the episodic nature sadly turned off a lot of potentials customers who would've loved it.

First time through every mission took me about 2 hours. The maps are massive and the possibilities are endless. I've now done silent assassin suit only on all 6 missions and i still have a shit ton of challanges to do and i've played it for 80 hours.

It returns to the roots of Hitman, and the crazy thing is that they did not trade detail and density for level size, they are even more detailed and incredibly dense and feature far more ways to creatively kill your targets than what we've seen in previous hitman games.

The game is being released kind of like how a TV show is being put out. Season 1 is now done. And as i said the 6 standard missions in Season 1 took me about 12 hours, but i've played those missions for 80 hours now and i still find new shit to do. The levels are huge, beautiful and varied. You get to go to stunning locations in Italy, Japan and Thailand among others. Then there's contract mode, elusive targets, escalations etc.

IO and Square cut ties and IO wasn't sold, people were scared that Season 2 would be cancelled but not so long ago they came out with a statement and Season 2 is confirmed in development and IO is not independent which is great news in my opinion.

I just can't shill this fucking game enough. It is amazing and it's a real shame that the episodic nature fucked it so hard. But now the entirety of season 1 is wrapped up and you can buy it as a boxed copy or on steam for the standard price. And if you don't wanna play season 2 in pieces you can just wait until it's all finished and buy that as a boxed copy/on steam as well.

One more thing, if you plan on playing this game i urge you to turn off "Opportunities" and the wallhack "instincts" modes. Atleast on your first time through. Give it a chance, get it on a sale if you're not sure. If you like Hitman or true stealth, you'll like it.
>>
>>390184498
>First time through every mission took me about 2 hours

That's 2 hours per mission is what i meant.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.