[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me if I should play on a PvE or PvP server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 477605[1].jpg (87KB, 772x435px) Image search: [Google]
477605[1].jpg
87KB, 772x435px
Redpill me if I should play on a PvE or PvP server
>>
I only play on PvE because I suck and am a loser who can't PvP so I only do PvE because I am a sissy who is afraid of confrontation and dying
>>
>>390149404
be a real man and go pvp you cuck
>>
You should play a better game.
>>
>>390149404
Are you a man or a woman, OP? the choice is clear.
>>
File: Readingdragon.png (48KB, 199x195px) Image search: [Google]
Readingdragon.png
48KB, 199x195px
>>390149537
What? Are you suggesting world pvp is anything other than total shit?
>>
Aren't most PVP servers horribly imbalanced faction wise?
>>
>>390149404
You are just gonna get shanked and waste time on PvP, you need a couple of 110 friends circulating you like a watchguard, otherwise you are just gonna get ganked and run to your corpse

Just do pve, wow pvp under 110 isn't good at all
>>
the current status of pvp in wow retail is absolutely atrocious
have fun getting oneshotted by some random fuccboi with no chance to defend yourself
stick to pve and avoid world pvp at all costs
it died the day tbc got released
>>
>>390150075
I mean, if you have the perfect build its fun because you can destroy everyone. Good survival hunters are nearly impossible to kill. But if you're not broken its lame
>>
Doesn't matter. Open PvP is dead. When I played on a PvP server back in WotLK, players from different factions didn't attack one another, except for city raids and Wintergrasp.
>>
World pvp is a meme and the only fights you will see is a fully geared max leveled character killing you while you are leveling

PvP is only fun in bgs
>>
File: 1498153069343.jpg (19KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1498153069343.jpg
19KB, 222x293px
>>390151473
>PvP is only fun in bgs
>>
God damn WoW players are pussies. In Warhammer Online world PvP is extremely easy to get a group for.
>>
>>390152095
theres no reason to

a single geared tank can survive a full party on him no problem. If the party doesnt have a healer he can also probably kill all 5 of them

rogue with legendary cloak and shoulders can fan of knives and kill a whole raid group instantly
>>
>>390149537
t. level 95 rogue killing lowbies who can't fight back in Duskwood
>>
PvE for less stress in your life.
PvP for Thrall's balls.

But seriously, PvP balance is godawful this expansion. Good luck if you roll PvP.
>>
>>390149404
If you're not on a PvP server, you're an unforgivable faggot.
Wow is not worth playing at the moment, however.
>>
>>390152095
WAR rewards you for world pvp though. In wow there's no reason for people to do it
It's also why I'm playing it right now
>>
Is WoW worth starting if I'm casual and shit at videogames?
>>
>>390149404
As someone who's played on both a PVP server and a PVE server, go pve.

PVP servers just stress you out because you need to be with a buddy at all times or else some faggot rogue or druid will just randomly drop you.
>>
>>390149404

world pvp is so awful that 99% of the time it's just someone doing a world quest getting one-shot before they know what happened.

as a result pvp servers are usually extremely imbalanced towards one faction or the other, since despite what everyone says about world pvp no one likes getting ganked. and that's all world pvp is in legion. there's no fighting. there's no contest.
>>
>>390152663
gms are fags there, real pity
>>
Don't fall for the PVP meme unless you yourself plan to gank people unable to fight back.
Because that's all that happens on PVP realms.

I fell for the "only pvp realms are real realms faggots" meme and I regretted it. I liked PVP, but I didn't particularly like ambushing people, I just thought it's kind of dull and I'm not really gaining anything from it and only ruin someone else's playtime. However with me never attacking, what this meant was my entire PvP experience on PvP realms was me getting bumfucked by people. Whoever would lose vs me wouldn't even start shit.
>>
>>390153953
t. beta
>>
>>390152849
this. if you want to pvp on a pve servers theres battlegrounds for that shit
>>
>>390154805
Open world pvp in almost all MMOs is just for bitch babies that can't win without starting fights with a huge advantage, it only works in games with heavy death penalties.
>>
>>390149404
Just play TBC/WoTLK

I tried retail lately and it was godawful.
>>
>>390149404
>PvP
>in mmorpg
>>
>>390149404
PvP

On a PvE server, nothing's scary, and you can just walk to the world quest, kill 10 things, and be done. Just a boring routine.

At least a PvP server gives a chance for someone to make things interesting.
>>
>>390149404
There's no better feeling than going John Cena on a scrub who thought you're an easy kill because he caught you off guard.

I don't think I would have had half the fun playing WoW if there was no world-pvp.
>>
>>390149404
there hasn't been a good reason to play on a PvP server since they got rid of honor ranking
>>
>>390153559
I've heard that but never really had any interaction with them since I don't go to their forums. They are doing some weird changes like "merging" tier 2-4 which I don't know if I like but I've mostly stayed in tier 1 making alts since I like a lot of the classes
>>
>>390155224
I don't see how it's interesting to get killed in 1-2 hits by some guy you can't even damage and losing nothing except a few minutes of time.
>>
>>390149537
this but in real life
>>
>>390151473
Except, (at least) Emerald Dream is pretty renown for city PvP.

The only thing about RP servers is they're only cross-realming with other RP.
>>
>>390152095
>In Warhammer Online world PvP is extremely easy to get a group for.
How is it easy to get a group in a dead ass game?
>>
illidan. Every time. You enjoy killing chinese bots? Illidan is your server. You enjoyalways having a group to raid with? illidan is your server. You enjoy tons of world firsts? again, bang, illidan is the one.

But my favorite is just the incoherent rage the chinese spew out in /shout when you go around murderizing them.
>>
>>390149404
you shouldn't play a bad game
>>
>>390149404
World PvP is not the least bit balanced. It's an ungodly mess of one shots and massive stuns, and you'll always be attacked while fighting a mob only to have your attacker fly away when you attempt retribution.
You get no reward for world pvp either, so its just a massive waste of time.
>>
>>390155905
It is fun as shit when you get into late game sieges and you're just spewing insults at each other from atop the battlements or when you're knocking down the door. I've been banned a few times, they're pretty up their own asses. Had one autist sperging out in a sc turned out to be an incognito dev who was OUTRAGED that someone would talk back to them.
>>
>>390151789
>he thinks arena minigame is good content
>>
>PvP realms
>1 side is the majority
>People bring bodyguards
>People have legendaries
>Tanks will never die
>Rogues will 1 shot you
>Sometimes no one even pvps so there's not even a point
>PvE realms
>nothing happens
>The only time you're pvp flagged is pvp zones

tl;dr don't play WoW
>>
PvP if you're a neet or a manbaby with no job, because the bullshit you'd put up with wastes so much time
>>
Do you like ganking? Roll on a PvP server.

Otherwise, PvE.

That's it. Anything else stems from this or is nitpicking.
>>
for this expansion you would want to play in a PvE server. Followers and legendaries make world pvp unbearable. I've been one shot or near one shotted by DKs all the time from their retarded chest. Even when it nearly one shots you, you're stunned for 5 seconds.
>>
>>390149404
you don't miss anything by playing on PVP one
you can miss something if you don't
just because its PVP does not mean there is a guy waiting to kill you at every step
>>
>>390149404
NEVER play an MMO on a PVP only server. That's like choosing whether you should live in Compton or Beverly Hills.

It's nice logging in for a few minutes, knowing that your character won't get jumped. Not having to wear PVP gear at all times, while doing basic activities.
>>
File: wsgmid.jpg (107KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
wsgmid.jpg
107KB, 640x426px
>>390161985

These days if you are a casualfag who isn't in top PvE gear, WoW WPvP is a special kind of hell. Most of the time you KNOW if you were on even ground you'd win, but the ilvl gap is just too high these days.

And now that I am no longer a raidfag in the best gear, I have very strong opinions about this!!!
>>
>>390162639

It's mostly Legendarys that ruin it. Rogues can do 8mil AoE damage with the Legendary fan of Knives cloak.
>>
>>390153953
>I'm not really gaining anything from it and only ruin someone else's playtime

>play an mmo
>have zero ability to interact with the other half of the playerbase playing on the same server as you that you are supposedly at war with
for what purpose
>>
>>390164282
>other half
>on a pvp server

Almost every pvp server is 10:1 at best.
>>
>>390156017
>retailbabbies never got to report in world defense to the top world pvp guild who was always on standby for wrecking the other faction when they ganked lowbies then have it snowball into a full blown race war
>they will never have that franz ferdinand feel for starting it all
>>
>>390164653
i thought fag wow had cross server shit to balance this out?
>>
Get on a PVE server, if you want to OW PVP then just cross realm to a pvp realm
>>
>>390149404
pvp servers suck. especially in legion where its every one shots everyone with no actual pvp or skill. you have to do quests and grind and all real pvp is restricted to battlegrounds and arena for rewards anyways. so get the grinding shit out of the way with pve server and do the same pvp in the bgs and arena for those rewards. world pvp died when bgs and flying mounts were added back in late vanilla and tbc. pvp servers are fucking retarded and pointless now. just make the grinding part more annoying.
>>
>>390164860

Cross server is less for balance and more to give you the illusion of a population. Pretty much every PvP server outside of Sargeras is red team heavy.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.