[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss video game piracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: piracy.jpg (53KB, 738x504px) Image search: [Google]
piracy.jpg
53KB, 738x504px
Discuss video game piracy
>>
>>390078256
With lack of demos I'd rather try before I buy. It just turns out a lot of shit is released so I don't end up buying a lot of it.
>>
File: 1663.png (352KB, 427x661px) Image search: [Google]
1663.png
352KB, 427x661px
There is literally nothing wrong with it
>>
Bring back demos and I'll immediately stop pirating.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (57KB, 773x244px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
57KB, 773x244px
Piracy is bad and you shouldn't do it.

That being said if game journalism wasn't shit these days and most games overpriced for what they actually are I'd buy more. All said and done I aim for a 50/50 ratio of bought games to pirated games.

Destiny 2
Cuphead
Middle-earth shadow of war
Battlefront 2

Then some games I will pirate will be
Southpark fractured but whole
CoD WWII
Sonic Forces

Make good games I'll buy it, make meh tier games that I'm not that interested in but want to play, I'll pirate it. Simple as that
>>
If you're a child with no money, and a lot of time, you'll pirate, despite the extra time it costs you.

If you have no time, and a lot of money, you'll spend money to buy video games, because it's usually more convenient.

The pirates will never buy, because they don't have money. The buyers will never pirate because of opportunity cost. That's the market. If you don't like it, don't make a video game.
>>
>>390079180
>overpriced
Games are underpriced anon. Have been for years.
>>
>>390079265
>pirate
>extra time
Literally you what mate?
>download
>install
>at worst you have to copy and paste a crack
30 secs isn't extra time, unless you are talking about how you have to wait upwards of a week instead for denuvo to be cracked which means it doesn't happen that often and a whole week isn't a lot of time just means you are doing otherthings in that time.
>The pirates will never buy, because they don't have money. The buyers will never pirate because of opportunity cost. That's the market. If you don't like it, don't make a video game.

I've never seen a more retarded post here in my life.
>>
>>390079797
Except he's not wrong. You've simply oversimplified your argument

>download
>install
You mean to say:
>wait until a crack comes out
>wait until my private tracker updates or somebody posts to mega
>download
>troubleshoot
>download manually the day 1 patch that fixes many pre-release bugs
>play the game exclusively offline

To my knowledge. Those clowns who pirated Prey still have those bugs that finally got fixed last month.
>>
>>390078256
from age 10-20 i pirated every single pc game i ever played except world of warcraft

since I turned 20 and actually hold down an income i buy all my games from key sites

piracy literally doesn't matter because if the ability to pirate wasn't there, the pirates would still not be customers
>>
I wish my PC could run Blackwake.
>>
>>390078256
it's bad
but i'll still do it anyway lol
who the fuck cares moralfag
>>
>>390080364
No thats all I do, you are over complicating it.
I don't troubleshoot
I don't download day1 patches
Playing the game offline doesn't matter when it's a singleplayer only game in the first place
Waiting till cracks come out I pointed only exist if denuvo otherwise its done same time as release.

So deal with used game industry then you can report back about how piracy kills muh small indie dev

Lastly piracy isn't an issue when you can buy used games that do nothing for the business either.
>>
>>390080649
Yeah this.

I can't be spending thousands of dollars on videogames, especially when most of them are early access garbage anyway.
>>
>>390079797
>Government shuts down your usual tracker
>spend hours trying to find another website that isn't a honeypot
>scan for viruses
>troubleshooting
>beg for a fix on kat.cr
>wait for patch
>wait for new crack
>read the comments to find a fix
>have to manually patch the game for every update

My time is charged at £30 an hour. How about yours?
>>
>>390080929
>>
>>390080929
Huh, I never had any of those happen.
I make 55/hr on a bad day. Usually 70/hr
Guess idiots only make 30/hr?
>>
File: 1502887880630.png (634KB, 689x768px) Image search: [Google]
1502887880630.png
634KB, 689x768px
>>390081051
>uhh you're stupid and also i'm rich and have a big dick. I win the argument. Sorry, sweetie.
>>
>>390080929
>retards don't know how to pirate
>retards don't use same trusted uploaders to know there is no viruses
>he trouble shoots
>he waits for patches and reads comments for a fix cause he doesn't know how to install a game

Buyfags showing their incompetency, no wonder they buy games cause pirating is too hard for them.

Of course it'd be an EU fag that would be too stupid to know how to do these things
>>
>>390081172
Wasn't that the same argument the first guy (you) made but he (you) also added that you were computer illiterate as if that applied to everyone?
>>
>>390079797
Theres no such thing as free lunch
>>
File: 1494429531807.png (479KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
1494429531807.png
479KB, 692x577px
Itt: one computer illiterate poorfag gets utterly BTFO
>>
>>390081364
>Copy paste a duplicate of the first lunch
>Consume it
>Still a lunch left

????
>>
>Buy games I care about
>pirate games I don't care about
>>
File: skidrow quality.png (424KB, 795x679px) Image search: [Google]
skidrow quality.png
424KB, 795x679px
>>390081197
>Pick a random skidrow torrent
>read the comments

Yeah, it's because I don't know how to pirate, not because the "trusted" users are pajeets and snowniggers, who can't test a crack before releasing.
>>
>>390081635
>I don't care about games
>Pirate them all

Win-win
>>
Piracy is good if:

>The company no longer produces nor sell those copies at the original retail price (mostly counts for physical-only games however)
>The game doesn't exist for sale in general anymore (Scott Pilgrim for an example)
>The game is more than 5 years old and has not received a generous price drop.
>If there's no demo
>The console that the game is/was on is no longer supported (Wii U, Wii, PS2, etc.)
>If the game is shit objectively, not from your own hipster opinions
>And the generic "It's ok if it's Nintendo"

Yay or nay?
>>
stupid af. you can manage to pay 10$ for something that will give you 50 hours of gameplay.
>>
>>390081519
>Spend 20 minutes downloading another guy's lunch without his permission, at risk of s fine of up to £30000
>Have to cook the potatoes a little more, as they're raw
>Get sick from potatNow the parasite you ate is mining buttcoins in your anus.
>sandwich is still shit

>buy a sandwich
>it's shit

You lose some, you lose some.
>>
>>390081923
But why would you throw your money away when you don't have to..
>>
>>390082014
>Going full retard
>>
>>390082031
The only reason is this: a gamble that perhaps if enough people do it as well, you might get another similiar game that you'll enjoy
>>
>>390082031
YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR
>>
>>390081756
That also works.
>>
>>390078256

Neetbux only go so far and I can't afford both weed and vidya.
>>
>>390079180
I hope this is bait post. I refuse to believe anyone that managed to get on /v/ would actually throw money on things like Destiny 2, BF2 or worst offender Shadow of war.
>>
I realized the main happiness I had in life revolved around vidya recently but stopped pirating a while ago

feels good being part of a feelgood statistic even if not a single dev gives a shit about me as a person
>>
I always buy now because there are so few games worth buying it doesn't even dent my disposable income
>>
>>390082880
Battlefront 1 I spent a good 100 hours on, second one looks great and I'll buy it to play with friends.
Destiny 2 is on a lower tier than most games I buy but I need a mmoesque style game to fill the slot and there is literally nothign else on the market right now to fill that. I'm bored of ff14/wow so this is just to fill in timeslot between other games.
Shadow of war 1 was fucking fantastic, ended up running through the game 3 times, why wouldn't I buy a seqeul to a game I like? I don't give a shit about lotr I'm playing it just for the gameplay and the interesting AI mechanic.
>>
>>390082416
How does one go about getting neetbux?
>>
File: 12312312312.png (136KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
12312312312.png
136KB, 400x266px
>>390082014
>Food analogy
>>
>>390078256
Pirates are Alphas, they take what they want and get it before cucks who have to wait for official release dates and have to deal with DLC.

Just look at Samus Returns.
People can already play it but buyfags refuse to pirate it and have to wait even though they can still buy it.

Not that pirates need to buy stuff, if a game is good, they'll talk about it and make sure that buyfags buy the game so the devs can make more games.
>>
>>390078256
It's 100% justified with how corrupt and jewish these AAA corporations are these days.
>>
There is no reason not to torrent games unless you are a moralfag. I only buy multiplayer games and humble bundle or games I really like.
>>
>>390079180
>That being said if game journalism wasn't shit these days
what does this have to do with anything
>>
>>390079436
Fuck off EA, not paying $120 for your shit.
>>
>>390081051
Now you're just being a cunt, but >>390080929
knows what's up. Piracy is good and fine but time = money.
>>
>>390085859
>Kotaku: Hey, this new game is excellent - a fantastic return to form for the developer. You should buy the game
>Pocket free shit from the publisher
>You buy the game
>It's an unplayable, buggy piece of shit with no patch in sight

Why would I buy anything when the risk is so high, and there's no way to get an honest review?
>>
>>390086309
>falling for paid reviews
>ever
>>
>>390086395
All reviews are paid reviews.
>>
I pirated Valkyria Chronicles, it's pretty good.
>>
>>390086309
Look at a gameplay video? you fucking moron
>>
>>390078256
I have a hacked 3DS and I'm playing new games.
>>
>>390086862
>Watch 5 minutes of a game
>Heh, looks fun
>It's a buggy, grindy, unplayable piece of shit.

You're not a letsplayer, are you?
>>
>>390078256
its cool >;)
>>
File: strangely attractive man.png (75KB, 351x292px) Image search: [Google]
strangely attractive man.png
75KB, 351x292px
Piracy is gr8
>>
File: 1487398690633.jpg (638KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
1487398690633.jpg
638KB, 1024x678px
>>390078256
I think of piracy as a way for me to experience games I otherwise wouldn't have due to their price.
Games that I'm interested enough in to try but would never pay for. I probably would be willing to try one of those online rental services for console games, since I used to rent from Blockbuster all the time back in the day.
>>
>>390078256
Games are too expensive where I live and I can't afford buying non-multiplayer games that ALL of my friends play, so I pirate.
Even if I buy a game I'll probably pirate it first to see how it runs on my PC.
However if there's a sale where I can grab a game I pirated for a reasonable price I'll probably do it since I do like supporting the devs when possible.
>>
Anyone who pirates a game nulls their complaints about the game, since they lost no money in the investment. Also, anyone who tries to justify their piracy is an autist of the highest degree.
>>
>>390084458

>Pirates are Alphas

Can confirm.

I'm not some fat, late 20's, underachieving basement dwelling faggot who's too much of a special snow flake to get a menial retail job to support himself like an adult who's watched all his friends grow up and drift away and now rather than doing something about it has chosen to fill the void and numb the pain with an endless stream of distractions in the forms of pirating games, most of which he'll never play more than an hour of anyway.
>>
>>390088361
If anything anyone who buys a game nulls their complaints about the game, since they supported bad practices with their money. Also, anyone who tries to argue against piracy on a korean washboard site is an autist of the highest degree.
>>
>>390088796
>I'm not some fat, late 20's, underachieving basement dwelling faggot who's too much of a special snow flake to get a menial retail job to support himself like an adult who's watched all his friends grow up and drift away and now rather than doing something about it has chosen to fill the void and numb the pain with an endless stream of distractions in the forms of pirating games
Yeah because this never happens to people who don't pirate games and only buys them.

Holy fuck get over yourself
>>
>>390088865
>Objectively false
Wew
>>
>>390088994
Who are you quoting?
Also i don't think you know what objectively means
>>
>>390088361
You have to be severely autistic to consider buying a video game an investment or that your criticism is invalid unless you do so, even if you played the game. How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>390088361
that first part makes no sense.
but anyone who tries to justify piracy with dumb shit like "they didn't lose a sale though" are actual auts
>>
I mean it's definitely illegal
>>
>>390082014
I love it
>>
>>390089492
So is jaywalking
>>
>>390089486
Anyone who believes in the lost sales meme is legitimately autistic
>>
The only time I will pay for a game is if it's an indie game, on sale, exclusive on a console with no piracy available, or made by a company I REALLY like (not too many of those anymore).
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.