[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We suggest our ideas for Fallout 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 20

File: When did it go wrong.png (3MB, 1292x1234px) Image search: [Google]
When did it go wrong.png
3MB, 1292x1234px
I'll start
Location: Don't really care what part but it has to be the West Coast

Character: A newly promoted Scout for a smallish settlement who have set up in a Vault.

Start summary: As a newly promoted scout, you're tasked with going out with a small group into the wasteland and finding other settlements that your settlement can trade with as well as scavenge anything useful. After searching for a while with no luck you finally see a store that may have something useful only to be apprehended by a group of Raiders, caught in their trap.

They capture and imprison you and one by one bring you out and demand that you give up the location of your settlement. You are given the option: try to escape, convince them to let you go or give them the location and request to join them.

If you manage to get back to the settlement you can alert them and go about preparing them for a possible attack. If you join the raiders you take part in taking over the settlement and will be able to play as a Raider for the rest of the game whilst carrying out side quests.

This is intentionally not a climactic "we need to save the universe!!!11" or "big evil organisation!" story as that shit is tired as fuck and has 0 impact when you complete the game since you were meant to be a hero yet the world is identical. Instead, this is a more grounded start that gives you the opportunity for real decisions with consequence and lets the game focus on where it shines, the side quests.

Any other cool ideas?
>>
>West Coast
Stopped reading there, Bethesda should stay away from the West Coast to not ruin it
>>
File: 18652-1-1360137520.jpg (234KB, 1506x1200px) Image search: [Google]
18652-1-1360137520.jpg
234KB, 1506x1200px
>NV
>then
Try again, Obsidiot. FO4 is the closest 3D series ever gotten to original vault suits.
>>
>>390043571
Agreed, Obsidian ruined it enough already with Old Meme Blues.
>>
I wan't to play as Enclave soldier
>>
It takes place in beshitsda hq whe you make a bomb and blow that shitty studio up along with all of its incompetent employees
>>
>>390043273

I don't give a shit what they do, they just need to make script extender functionality built-in, it's the only way to have good mods and thus save the trite vanilla version that they'll inevitably shit out.
>>
>>390043590
Such a shame it missed every other note.
>>
File: 1445286030394.jpg (73KB, 680x958px) Image search: [Google]
1445286030394.jpg
73KB, 680x958px
>>390043273
Don't hire writers who assume players are bored by dialogues.
Writers who can't tell the difference between realism and consistency are a major red flag too.
>>
>>390044317
That's a big head
>>
>>390043273
Let Obsidian work on it.
That's it.
>>
>>390044224
Like quests having different outcomes depending on your actions? Oh wait, there are. Or like power armor being actual power armor and not bunch of armor plates loosely hanging off people? Oh wait, PA is actually powerful and protective as well. Or how energy weapons and plasma is actually viable endgame weapon? No, wait, they got that right as well. What do you know, Bethesda also realizes that Fallout architecture is heavily gothic art deco and not western themed theme park.
>>
File: rspectable man.jpg (11KB, 284x325px) Image search: [Google]
rspectable man.jpg
11KB, 284x325px
>>390044570
I fully agree, fellow rpg enthusiast.
>>
>>390044570
Pathetic. The quests literally have no choices, you pick the faction (big difference) play similar flavours of the same quest depending on your choice and end the game with synths still everywhere and no visible change except a decent radio station being removed because reasons
>>
>>390044570
Playing 4 for the first time.
Its a buggy, broken mess that is only fallout in name.
>>
>>390044775
>The quests literally have no choices
Confirmed for not playing the game. Almost every real (not radiant) side quest has different outcomes just like in original game.
>similar flavours of the same quest depending on your choice
At least main storyline has differences depending on your faction choice and no matter how minor the impact is on the world after you finish the story, it's there. In New Vegas it was "pick which sides shoot at you at the dam" followed by "watch this pictures" cop out because Obsidian can't finish even one game on time and making your choices actually affect the world is too hard for those lazy hacks.
>>390044884
Sure you're not mixing it up with New Vegas?
>>
>>390044570
But energy weapons were super viable in New Vegas. I'm actually pretty sure the highest DPS weapons were energy weapons with the right build. I'm also pretty sure the quests in NV had way more differing outcomes than 4.
>>
>>390045249
>Confirmed for not playing the game. Almost every real (not radiant) side quest has different outcomes just like in original game.

Not enough of a difference, though. And you can't be a properly evil motherfucker, that was the best part about classic Fallouts and NV.
>>
>>390045249
Original Fallouts had at least three different outcomes for every quest.
>>
>>390045249
There literally is no choice, its yes or no the whole way and negotiating the size of your reward. Far Habour is the only questline where I actually felt like I had to decide an outcome beyond my reward.

Also almost all the quests end up being shooting galleries instead of ever being able to resolve the quest in a different way.

You say there are diffences because there are factions but its the same quest each time with a different skin, look at FNV if you want to see a better way of making the main quest vary as you play where as FO4 you reach a point, pick your side and play the same quest until it ends and everything stays the same.
>>
>>390045387
>moving goalposts
Nice
>And you can't be a properly evil motherfucker
You can sell 200yo kid to slavery, can get him to parents and kill them, can kill Bobbi No-nose after figuring out she's lying and then killing Fahrenheit as well. You can kill the Ghoul who hired you during Silver Shroud quest when he's being held at gun point and people who had him hostage will react to that accordingly. Most side quests give you freedom to kill important NPCs, play the game.
>>390045528
You should play Fallout 1 and 2 yourself instead of spreading memes you hear on /v/. Fallout 1 was very limited in terms of choice, and 2 was filled with black or white choices.
>>390045771
See above, you haven't played the game.
>>
New Orleans or nothing.
>>
>>390043273
>then
>NV
Is this a joke?
>>
>mfw people say NV had non-linear structure in quests
Jesus Christ, Obsidian even managed to make the OPEN WORLD linear, and quests were always "pick a side for cosmetic reasons" or "help good guys or help bad guys, choose wisely teehee"
>>
>>390045387
Being evil in fallout 1
>shoot everyone, you can do this in fo4
>get to necropolis
>go with harry
>join the master
>game ends
umm
>>
>>390045997
I've played the game extensively and I assume everyone you're saying haven't has as well.

I enjoy FO4 for what it is but its dogshit as far as quests and RPG elements are concerned. Stop blindly defending the game though.
>>
>>390045249
>different outcomes
>hey, can you go kill railroad guys?
>no
>well, fuck you, you're doing it.
>no, really i won't.
>i said fuck you.
>quest updated. go kill railroad.
>>
>>390046574
>bring in arguments and examples
>Stop blindly defending the game though.
Dumb Obsidiot.
>>390046662
>side with NCR
>they tell you to kill Caesar
>no
>well, fuck you, you're doing it.
>no, really i won't.
>i said fuck you.
>quest updated. go kill railroad.
Same with Master. Same with Enclave. At least use your fucking head next time.
>>
>>390046875
where did i claim it wasn't like that in my post?
>>
File: nuka_soldier_00.jpg (438KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
nuka_soldier_00.jpg
438KB, 700x933px
>>
>>390044523
>>390044523
>>390044523
>>390044523
>>
File: image.jpg (982KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
982KB, 1920x1080px
A bigger map.
Wy are the fallout maps so small compared to TES?
>>
>>390047316
Did Nuka-World get any vault boy masks for raiders like this pic? Missed opportunity if otherwise.
>>
>>390048458
Because they're not just empty procedurally generated landscapes with forests brushed on top.
>>
>>390043273
That Fallout 4 character is just begging for a Virgin Dweller VS Chad Wasteland Saviour comparison.
>>
>>390049296
>every TES game is Oblivion
>>
>>390043653
>Saying Old World Blues isn't the best thing to come out of new Fallout, ever
>>
>>390043273
I just want a midwestern fallout in the same place as Tactics only because I want to see my state in a Fallout game
>>
>>390049428
I thought OP did that intentionally. Unless it's just someone's skinny ass oc that OP found

literally looks like it has a INT stat of 8+
>>
>>390049631
>LE GOD GUNS XD
>LE TOASTER OF DOOOOM LMAO
>HAHA TALKING SUIT IT'S FUNNY SHE'S A LADY
Go back to watching Meme and Morty.
>>
>>390043273
my idea is that they dont make it becuase the universe was fucking tired after 1 game. im tired of fallout. t i r e d.

if they do another one it should obviously be a decimated megacity like tokyo
>>
>>390048458
More polygons/details/objects, smaller maps. Hard to even optimize shit, not just expand, especially when consoles barely improved their hardware for past 10 years, but demands for graphics higher and higher every year.
>>
Far Harbor is the best Fallout game

prove me wrong, Obsidiots
>>
I'm convinced that half the autists deepthroating Jew Vegas and Fallout 1 and 2 never played them. They were fucking horrible.
>>
>>390043273
>suggest ideas for Fallout 5
don't make it. bethesda was a mistake.
>>
File: 1480990010394.jpg (159KB, 844x898px) Image search: [Google]
1480990010394.jpg
159KB, 844x898px
>Fallout: The Glow
>takes place back in California, but also goes north east enough to see Oregon, Washington, and Idaho
>NCR's homeland, takes place right after the first battle of the Hoover Dam, Mojave campaign is mentioned, but not expanded upon to avoid declaring a canon outcome to FONV
>get to see NCR's development since FO2 first hand
>the further north you go, the less civilized the world becomes, raider tribes like the 80s relocated there
>instead of one large world map there are several connected sub world maps that are connected via fast travel, allowing for more focused detail in each
>think dlc sized world maps, several bigger Hub World style ones at key locations (Shady Sands, Arroyo, New Reno, The Hub) with the fast travel screen looking like the world map from FO1&2
>game is centered around The Glow, radiation is finally dying down enough where it isn't guaranteed suicide to explore
>becomes a "gold rush" like spot for prospectors/scavengers, bringing back tech from the Glow is very profitable
>despite the radiation going down, it's still very dangerous, due to law not being able to have a stable position in the Glow, prospectors sabotaging and attacking each other is commonplace
>The Glow is a lawless zone surrounded by civilized lands
>player character recently decided to be a prospector to explore the glow, motivation, dedication, competence, or if they were a prospector before this is left ambiguous
>game's main themes are about the fine line between ambition and reckless greed, not just saying greed is bad, the idea that an incentive could be worth forgoing morals to varying degrees is allowed to play out as is
>>
>>390050509
>F1/2 sold like shit
>killed the studio and publisher
>no one but autists and nostalgiafags cared about the games
>Bethesda turned it around and created one of the biggest and most recognized modern franchises
>B-bethesda ruined Fallout!
Go replay Tactics and BoS you love so much, retard.
>>
>>390043273
Male sure there are no bugs
Fuck walking around have some vehicals or mounts in them would love to see mad max lkke fights
>>
>>390043273
That'd be better in west Texas.
>>
If there's anything that can be done well in FO5, don't make people have great fucking knowledge of mannerisms from pre-war.

FO4 had this bullshit how people don't understand or recognise some pre-war things, like basketball court stadiums full of lights and bleacher seats.

But bet your ass these post apocolyptic assholes born 20 years ago know a lot of mannerisms and phrases that only people who lived in a technology rich world know.
>>
>nv is 100 times better than fo3!
still a pile of shit
i enjoyed exploring the capital wasteland more than the invisible wall desert, anyway
>>
>>390043590
It looks nothing like that.
It looks like one of those """""realistic""""""" superhero costumes that are covered in unnessecary details.
>>
Here's my idea.

Cancel it and close bethesda studios
>>
At this point the only "new" Fallout I'd buy is a New Vegas port to 4's engine. Better combat and graphics that don't depress me, combined with New Vegas' setting, plot, quests and characters? It'd be tight as fuck.

>>390045249
>Almost every real (not radiant) side quest has different outcomes just like in original game
In Far Harbour, maybe. The base game only has "go here, shoot this, loot that" missions.
>>
>>390051509
>another retard who haven't played the game or played each quest only in one way and thinks it's the only possible way it can play out
Classic /v/
>>
>>390050925
The fuck is wrong with BoS
>>
>>390043273
Is this picture implying old armor design is better despite comparing concept art to an in game shot?

The vault suit design in 4 is one of the few things they did right imho
>>
left chad ranger
right virgin vault dweller
>>
>>390047316
>nails reversed
>>
>>390043273
how about stop trying to make it 'cinematic' and let it be an actual open world RPG where you can play as any type of character you want, and not some whiny faggot with daddy/muh baby issues.
>>
>>390043273
Is there an outfit more beautiful than the NCR Ranger armor?
The Desert Ranger armor from Honest Hearts
>>
>>390043273
improve the dialogue-wheel to a dialogue-triangle with "yes", "no" and "sarcastic yes"
>>
>>390050854
Would play. I just don't want some "You're the cosen one, save the entire fucking world" main quest.
>>
>>390052725
I think you mean
>yes
>no (but yes)
>sarcastic yes
>>
>>390050854
OP here, thats actually very interesting, I like the idea of having a significant event take place in the game that involves charactrs adapting and adjusting instead of what Bethesda always do which is make it something that needs to be stopped or used.

Also I see I'm not the only one who wants different regions with varying levels of lawlessness since it'd make the world feel more alive and realistic if its not just everything happening in one area.
>>
>>390051191
Oh shit I hadn't considered the South. Yeah that could be an awesome Fallout setting come to think of it
>>
>>390052725
>muh dialogue wheel with only 4 ways to reply
I love how people forget that majority of dialogues in F1/2/NV had 3 lines at best and 2 especially had the least options in most cases, sometimes giving you only 2 choices.
>>
>>390050854
I like it a lot, and would play it, but Fallout games have always had a definitive ending and I don't see one for this.
>>
>>390052807
I lost the webm, but what happens if you refuse to work with the Vault Tec Rep, saying no over and over.

Nate: I said no.
Nora: And I'm saying yes, so there.
(Continues as if you said yes straight from the start)
>>
>>390050925
While I don't dispute that Bethesda have made Fallout a staple gaming franchise, I don't think the setting or story of 1 and 2 were the problem. Just that Isometric RPGs were a dying breed
>>
>>390053037
But why completely ruling out the possibility for other conversation structures?
Because that's exactly what the dialogue wheel does. And there are many characters who you can ask like 5 questions and do 2 skill checks.
>>
>>390053189
>Fallout 2
>sold 100k copies in first month
>Baldur's Gate
>sold 1.2mil copies in first month
>>
File: 1424565323536.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1424565323536.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>390043590
>FO4 is the closest 3D series ever gotten to original vault suits.
>>
Your character is in search of SCIENCE WALLS hidden inside vaults that teach BIG WORDS that you YELL at enemies.
>>
File: 1504740970589.jpg (34KB, 393x402px) Image search: [Google]
1504740970589.jpg
34KB, 393x402px
>unironic shilling of Fo4 right now.
The absolute state of nu/v/.
>>
>>390049296
Actually, they are.
Literally every 3D fallout map is procedurally generated.
Then they go over it and add the usual stuff, fucked roads, abandoned houses, stuff added and modified to the 3D artists tastes over and over. (based on input from the story, that is)

EVEN GTA maps are procedurally generated, especially the city layouts.
They modified very minimal amounts of that, usually ones based on thematic areas, keeping a clean-ish looking skyline so you don't feel TOO boxed in, etc.

>>390049830
It's not like the devs even optimise shit anyway.
The stuff they did in Fallout like moving buildings under the ground to create one-floor houses and other awful fucking shit like that.
Those game engines are some of the worst around. Considerably more could be squeezed out of them.
It's not a case of any detailed meshes of polygons, it's a "the engine is a heap of unoptimized shit by hack developers" problem.
Take it from an engine dev. It's really bad. TES engines are better. But even they managed to fucking shit on Creation with their sub-optimal work and cutting corners.
>>
>>390046875
You aren't required to kill Caesar at all.
>>
>>390051207

Fallout 3 was pretty bad with those cannibals talking about voting for republican candidates and flower gardens. The whole world felt like the war was maybe a generation away.

New Vegas did well in that language and names were starting to drift and change. Tucson being Two Sun, and the tribes speaking a pigeon language of european/japanese/english and some Navajo. This being due to their descendents being tourist stuck in those areas.
>>
>>390048458
>Wy are the fallout maps so small compared to TES?
They aren't but they seem that way because TES games put mountains and hills everywhere that block access and make the area seem bigger and more diverse.

You can't put alpine mountains anywhere you want on a Fallout map especially when the real world location has none.
>>

Character: A freelance mercenary

Start Summary: You and several other mercs are hired to break into a sealed Vault to recover a mysterious device for an anonymous client. Character gen occurs during the scripted sequence of breaking in. When you reach the device, one of your crew kills everyone and takes the device. Only you survive.

Like NV and 4, there are two halves to the plot: In the first half, you track the rogue merc to kill him and retrieve the device, and the second is the 4-way faction conflict. The device is actually the key to a lost Pre-War military facility containing a massive stockpile of weapons. The four factions who want it are:

>A Brotherhood of Steel chapter (who want to take the weapons for themselves)
>A tribal group descended from Inuits (who want to destroy the weapons so no one can abuse them)
>A dictatorship led by ghoulified General Chase, (who wants to use the weapons to expand his territory) - like the Legion and Institute, these are the de-facto bad guys, but they also control most of the map including the largest city
>Your client, one of Chase's ghoulified lieutenants (who wants to start a new faction to fight Chase's) - this is the Yes Man/Minutemen option that you can't fail. The client is on the verge of going feral and so plans to leave the faction in your hands

Companions include:
>One for each of the three non-independent factions: A tribal scout, a Brotherhood Knight, and a soldier in Chase's army
>A husky as the obligatory dog companion
>A nutjob conspiracy theorist survivalist who lives in the middle of nowhere
>A military assaultron

Enemies:
>Polar Yao Guais
>Radpuffins
>Gnashers (giant beavers)
>Wolverines

There would also be radioactive snowstorms akin to the storms from FO4, which would reduce visibility at times
>>
>>390043273
that it's not made by bethesda
>>
File: 1501815155965.png (460KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
1501815155965.png
460KB, 500x586px
i cant get into the door in lamplight caverns that leads into murder pass. How do I get through?
>>
>>390058291
Ask McCready to open it.
>>
File: giphy.gif (973KB, 312x213px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
973KB, 312x213px
New Orleans

c'mon people

also go back to the old engine, optimize the FUCK out of it, smooth it out, and you're good to go. EZ PZ
>>
>>390043653
>tfw you can't have fun or comedy in video games

you're a sad and pitiful little person
>>
>>390043273
>Location: Chicago and the surrounding county
>Character: a Synth
>SPECIAL stats are only leveled once at the beginning of the game
>Skills cost EXP points (experience points act as currency for leveling Skills) different stats cost different amount of EXP with some more expensive than the others (Doctor being more expensive than Lockpicking).
>>
File: 1492078144142.gif (894KB, 258x237px) Image search: [Google]
1492078144142.gif
894KB, 258x237px
>>390058484
>old engine
FO3 version of Gamebryo is the ugliest shit I've seen in my life, and I've been playing games since mid 90s.
>>
>>390058484
>Nawlins

Shit, that might be cool actually.
>>
>>390058610
interesting.

The other fallout game that was in chicago isn't canon so this could be a thing.

also i have a gud dlc idea
>located in Milwaukee
>only nigger ghouls
>kill all the nigger ghouls
>feelsgood.jpg
>>
>>390058418
i've ran out of dialog options for him. He did say something about letting me in, but the door still isn't opened. tried the 2 switches too.
>>
>>390058682
yo dawg it gives is a certain A T H S T E T I C

it gives the game personality
the stylization of FO4 is shite
makes sense to me
>>
>>390043273
One thing that I want is a new game engine that could handle multiple NPCs in one place without setting your rig on fire.
>>
>>390058606
Ignore him. He's just a bitter cunt.
He's probably the same kind of faggot that likes Duke Nukem yet glosses over the metric fuckton of pop culture references in it.
Then make up every excuse under the sun to defend their stupidity.
>b-b-b-but its 90s humor! not this new age meme shit!
Duke Nukem would have poop emojis in fucking toilet stalls if it were released today and references to Twilight, (mocking it at that), Game of Thrones and all the hot 4chan memes.

Anti-fun kiddies amuse me. They don't know if they are coming or going.
>>
>>390058887
Go talk to Joseph and see if you have the option to ask him about the back entrance. You'll need 50 science to get through though. Alternatively just use the console to unlock the door. You are playing on PC right?
>>
>>390058964
>it gives the game personality
By making the game one of the worst looking ones in existence? Fuck that personality.
>>
>>390043273
A rebuilt NYC would be pretty dope. As for your character you could start out as a raider or something of the sort, your first objective would be something along the lines of raiding a vault and there finding out some secret that opens up the main objective of the game.

Also let Obsidian work on it, obviously.
>>
>>390059075
>>390058606
haha yeah Rick and Morty is my favorite show as well haha
>>
>>390059246
The fuck does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>390059215
I'm pretty sure NYC is canonically an uninhabitable crater
>>
>>390059215
The american East Coast is kinda boring desu

Also NY is under the sea
>>
>>390059373
>on point
As always.
>>
>>390059470
Great argument ya fucking genius.
Meanwhile over here enjoying games. Stay mad.
>>
>>390059172
i like it
i dunno man shitty graphics with oddities paired with good/interesting gameplay make me feel good inside
>>
The perfect Fallout 5:

>Made by Obsidian

But we don't live in a perfect world, so the following will suffice:

>No "essential" NPCs
>No being forced to play man/woman with baby, allow us to roleplay instead
>No being forced to do quests we don't agree with, or never be able to progress the main storyline
>No being forced to join a faction you don't like to unlock a core element of the game (settlement building)
>No subtle SJW bullshit
>>
>>390059391
>>390059406
Well, that's what I meant by rebuilt. Kind of like a throwback to how it first started coming together. I mean 200+ years into the timeline everything can't look like a decrepit wasteland forever.
>>
>>390059538
Epic. FTW. Upvoted. Gilded.
>>
>>390059837
>No being forced to join a faction you don't like to unlock a core element of the game (settlement building)
What are you talking about? You don't have to join anyone to do settlement building. You're not doing something silly, like complaining about a game you haven't played, are you?
>>
File: anons_tyranny (1).jpg (63KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
anons_tyranny (1).jpg
63KB, 460x215px
>>390059837
>>390059215
>Obsidian
I love how Obsidiots didn't even play other Obsidian games, especially recent ones, which were so mediocre and forgettable they didn't even fall under So-Bad-It's-Good category like Alpha Protocol.
Nor do any of them realize that everything good in NV was already made by Black Isle years ago and was a part of Van Buren design doc.
>>
>>390059848
I see. Well, it could be interesting with some naval and fishing mechanics, underwater vaults and all, with some rebuilt structures in the skyline.
>>
>>390049708
Wow is that all you got outta OWB's? If so I feel real bad for you because boy did you miss out some good DLC.
>>
>>390060101
Isn't Tyranny meant to be really good?
>>
>>390060734
It was meant to be, but it wasn't
>>
File: 1487778954943.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1487778954943.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>390060734
Yes, go buy it right now. Don't you like those isometric RPGs? 'member Baldur's Gate? I 'member.
>>
>>390043273
Your special stats should decide the cap for your skills, so for example if you only have 1 CHA you can't get 100 speech. That should fix cha and others being obvious dump stats
>>
>>390058104
There's no one else to make it who'd try to do it justice
>>
>>390052871
Thanks, it's gotten to the point where if I had a bit more experience coding games and could get a small team of fellow dedicated neckbeards together, I'd make it to the best of my ability and risk ignoring the inevitable C&D from Bethesda.
>>390052731
>>390053127
The main quest's hook would be coming out on top of the "gold rush" by getting as much salvage and tech from the center of the Glow as possible. Assuming that's what you would want to do. It's pretty much the "there's treasure here" hook, except the focus is more on what you do to get to the treasure and the consequences of the actions you took. Because there's always the "treasure isn't as hype as when you find it" or "my endgame character already has enough money from questing to buy votes at the senate" problems. The unused "leave the Mojave" ending would be needed here and the game would show what happened in the end based on what you've done before the point where you say "fuck it" and go north forever.

The basic idea is that a lawless zone exists while surrounded by civilization, and how a person can "bend the rules" and resort to degeneracy to get ahead in the Glow, then go home to the NCR and live normally because there were no witnesses for when you blew that guys brains out because he had a better haul. On top of that, the north still being lawless is meant to have this layered approach to civilization where the glow is lawless in the center, the NCR has law and citizens who have the ability to circumvent it depending on where they are, and the north which is just as lawless as the pre-NCR days. Nobody's ever truly free from the barbarism that comes packaged with civilization.
>>
>>390043273
I think it's also important that the main character isn't given much backstory so your choice feels natural to the kind of character you want to build.
>>
Why is fallout never set in europe? We in switzerland have bunkers too.
>>
>>390062636
A big part of Fallout is the crazy hyperbolic 50's culture and Atomic Punk aesthetic. Pretty much all the aesthetics and story of Fallout is built around American history and sci-fi tropes, so making a game in a different country just wouldn't work because it wouldn't FEEL like Fallout.
>>
>>390060831
Why would I remember Baldur's Gate?
>>
>>
>Bethesda can develop it but it continues to be zombie franchise, drifting further and further away from what it once was
>Obsidian can't develop it because they are a dying company reliant on kickstarter handouts

I've come to accept it's death. NV was a fluke.
>>
>>390043273
Don't let Bethesda make it.
>>
>>390050854
>Local anon wrote better plot than entire bethesda writing team
>because he was bored
>and it was fun
>>
I really hate the emphasis on building stuff. It's lazy to expect the player to build your world for you. Fo4 had like one place that was a pre-built large settlement of the skyrim variety
>>
>>390065190
At this point, the fanbase should make a game and release it on torrents / DDL.
Optimized to high fucking heaven, modder friendly and close to the originals.
Don't even have an official site, at least not on clearnet. Don't announce shit anywhere or have regular discussion that can be shit on by lawyers. So many fan projects have been nuked by impatience and publicity. (fucking Nintendo)

Make the engine in such a way that the display and logic are totally separate so that people can easily make isometric view, 3D view, 2D side-on view (Mario), birds-eye, etc.
It's quite trivial to do. I made a shitty engine for a game-jam game that would work like this.
Separating the logic and display is just Good Practice in general. Any decent dev does it. It helped Dwarf Fortress (mind you, Toady had fuck-all to do with that, he got a dude on the forums to make a graphics thread because Toady is a self-admitted shit-tier coder)
It makes creating alternate views easier like maps, x-ray views, scopes and such. Writing them together makes it so much harder to write alt-views like that. Ends up being a hacky mess.
But they still hardcode the graphics layer in with the game instead of a snap-in held in an external file.
>>
>>390055047
I'm pretty sure there isn't a single factual claim in this entire post which is correct. Either you don't know what procedural generation is, or you don't know how these games have been built for over ten years.
>>
>>390064437
Except maybe the UK
>>
>>390067683
>he thinks the procedural generation needs to be done in realtime.

It was used in the games development you fucktard.
The entire worlds were generated with a basic perlin noise generator then built up on by the artists who textured said noise.

The city generator for GTA was used to automatically place big blocks in discrete sizes (floors) and handed to artists.

Loads of large open world games use it.
Even the grid-like game worlds use it. it is even easier to use it for them actually since you don't need to deal with awkward angles, good ol' simple 90 degrees only.

Then there are countless other games that have used procedurally generated assets in their games.
It's like you haven't even heard of SpeedTree.
Get learned, fool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbmQhdQ_2VI
>>
>>390064782
Because your friends who read Daughter of the Drow in public literally rolled on the floor loudly fellating those games and never really stopped.
>>
>>390064437
This "if is not retro futuristic americana 50's then is not fallout" mentality is killing fallout.
>>
>>390068435
The overuse of retro futurism is one issue, but Fallout is and should always be set in the US; Canada and Mexico at a push.
>>
>>390065609
I'm glad you like it. Although writing better than Bethesda is a really low bar. Any idiot could do their job better than them, they're just that incompetent.
>>
>>390068435
Tribals and Prostitutes > Retro futuristic aesthetic and 50s nostalgia
>>
>>390065960
I ended up downloading Sim Settlements, but I agree. I hate how the settlers are too retarded to get started on their own without some 200 year old iceman to come along and build everything for them
>>
>>390069854
Some people are utterly hopeless at things that seem common sense.
They shut down, they day-dream, but they cannot do, they have a physical aversion to it. (some even literally vomiting at the thought or action)

Quite honestly, they should be left to rot for the sake of mankind. But I'm too nice for that.
And in a scenario like this, every human helps no matter how shit and worthless they are, they still have genes and sex organs.
>>
southwest Tennessee near the mecca of The Kings

BBQ system involving mutants and other flavorful critters

maybe allow a foray into Oak Ridge for old world tech
>>
>>390059103
of course pc. I got it, fuck the president, am I almost at the end of the game?
>>
>>390068380
First, citation needed. If you're going to be a pedantic little shit the least you could do is contribute something of value. Second, even if you were right about that, it's clearly not what they were referring to in their original comment. Third, that doesn't even begin to address all the other bullshit in your post, blowhard.
>>
File: 1503328845712.png (255KB, 534x583px) Image search: [Google]
1503328845712.png
255KB, 534x583px
>>390058964
>>
>>390043273
How about a Fallout game set in Europe, UK, or Asia? There's cool games like Stalker and Metro but there is literally nothing about western europe. Hurr durr chinese are the big baddies but come the fuck on I am not the only one interested in the war and the ensuing post-apocalypse from the PoV of the chinese. Maybe America was full of propaganda, maybe the chinese will be full of propaganda
>>
>>390071131
It has been hinted since fallout 1 that the americans went full on dystopian.
>>
File: 1497135963040.jpg (70KB, 948x809px) Image search: [Google]
1497135963040.jpg
70KB, 948x809px
>>390043273
>fallout 5
end the fucking series. let it die with what little dignity it has left
>>
>>390071131
That would be neat. Plus the other thing to realize is that pre-war America in Fallout looked nothing like it did in the intro to FO4. It was an over populated, polluted, crime ridden, Orwellian shithole.
>>
>>390071131
>How about a Fallout game set in Europe, UK, or Asia?
Because it wouldn't be Fallout, same reason a Metro game set in the US wouldn't be Metro.
>>
>>390043273
Dallas would be fun

They could do cowboy shit like in NV
>>
>>390071510
But Metro is mostly in-set with barely any hints of the outside world. Fallout drops liberal hints about the rest of the world, including their war with china and european nations fighting with each other for the rest of the resources.
>>
Florida

I once posted what I thought would be a great Nascar themed mission about an ex racer ghoul that needing parts to rebuild his car for one last lap around daytona
>>
>>390064437
This

Fallout in Europe would be like setting a GTA game in France
>>
>>390060978
The biggest problem with Beth fallout imo is that the storyline is so railroaded.

They should do it like TES where you start with no backstory at all. They craft such beautiful worlds only for you to be railroaded towards certain shit.
>>
I would reboot the series and disregard all canon. My ideal sequel would be very plot-light, with only vague fragments of history scattered throughout a wasteland in an unspecified location. Let players try to piece it together themselves, and encourage active fan theories. Don't put any details into stone.

Gameplay would be purely survival. It would be a sparsely populated map, with virtually every living thing you come across wanting you dead; and instead of encountering direct sources of weapons or provisions, you find yourself having to MacGyver just about everything. So there would be a pretty heavy emphasis on adventure elements like hunting down scrap items to combine into something more substantial that can actually be put to good use.
>>
>>390072757
>I would reboot the series and disregard all canon.
Make your own series then. Tacking on the Fallout name for the sake of brand recognition is more or less what Bethesda are doing.
>>
>>390072373
There was a GTA in London.
You do know other countries have gang crime right?
The only reason America is used is because it is has a legacy of stories about crime.
There is plenty of crime to work from in literally every country, especially serious organized crime.

They'll not get far trying to do Japan, Yakuza has that one down.
Italy would be better.
I'd say all the rape gangs in Britain, but Britain would be triggered and ban the game because it offends nobody because PC tards who take offence for people they've never met and never will meet. Said people that would openly kill them if they had the chance.

Fallout could potentially work outside the US, but it is deeply routed in US culture that it would be hard.
They'd need to do a whole buttload of cultural research for the nation they target on top, and most likely in languages they do not understand which is a HUGE barrier to this.
Shame since there are so many great TV shows and film in Europe, just those pesky languages hold it back because the rest of the world decided English was de-facto world standard.
>>
AUSTRALIA
>>
>>390073356
Mad Max
>>
File: aus1950.jpg (209KB, 1024x648px) Image search: [Google]
aus1950.jpg
209KB, 1024x648px
>>390064437
dude the whole world follows american trend. you really are clueless.
i don't mean that to be derogatory.
>>
>>390043273
NO VOICED MC
NO DIALOGUE WHEEL
>>
>>390043273
loving this pic because its not like you immediately start each game looking like a complete dork in a vault suit
>>
>>390072958
Fucking, GTA Mexico. It just came to me reading about a film and it said cartel and BOOM, drug cartels of Mexico.
Oh god, the triggering it would cause in the current political climate.
FUND IT FUND IT FUND IT

>>390072757
Would be an interesting game, but as >>390072909 said, not Fallout.
I'd play it.
Single Player DayZ levels of hostility (from players but as NPCs) and more Fallout inspired world and everything is out to fucking rape every pore on your body.
Very little to no trust between people, small groups working together.
Roaming raiders rather than fixed bases.
Fallout suffers too much from "there's butt-fucking-nothing around here besides a handful of samey looking creatures".
Where's the genetic fucking disasters?
A few centuries produced loads of Humanoid creatures? Fuck off. A Cow with 2 heads? Fuck that shit.
Where's giant Gerbils with fucking razer sharp teeth?
Where's Parrots the size of god damn Pterodactyls?
Where's huge roaming crocodiles that have evolved the ability to live fully on land for very long periods of time without needing water and are also double the size?
Instead we get fucking mole-rats and cunt-bees
>>
>>390068157
No, British 50's culture is distinctly different to American 50's culture.

Everything would be cosy rural villages and cobbled townhouses blown to smithereens. So, essentially a WWII game.
>>
>>390068435
Fuck off, the raypunk/b-movie vibe of Fallout is important.
If you want a different aesthetic, play a different series.
>>
>>390044523
for you
>>
>>390052604
they are in right, you just need to hammer the nails so the pointy end sticks out
>>
>>390073768
>dude the whole world follows american trend
Yes and no.
Yes, because American media is the most effective propaganda the world has ever known, and no, because - and this might shock you - other countries have their own culture.

Australia is a poor example because it's a new country, just like the US. It's also anglo, and therefore has two major factors in why it can easily adapt American culture. It does however, still have its own culture and isn't all that similar to the US.

Americanisation can definitely be felt around the world, but usually on a superficial level. Any country with a history dating further back than 200 years will have its own identity which doesn't actually rely on whatever is going on in America. Sorry to break that to you.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.