[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the franchise need to improve to get your attention?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: borderlands-3-1002183.jpg (42KB, 439x305px) Image search: [Google]
borderlands-3-1002183.jpg
42KB, 439x305px
How does the franchise need to improve to get your attention?

Personally, at the bare minimum they need add more active skills than just the one per character. Dumping the shields in favor of a proper armor system (preferably piecemeal a la Morrowind) would be great, as well.
>>
File: BL vs BL2 guns.jpg (304KB, 1657x1112px) Image search: [Google]
BL vs BL2 guns.jpg
304KB, 1657x1112px
>>
>>390040813
Crafting is a definite necessity
Go back to badass points giving EXP instead of stat boosts. Better for us that don't want to go through NG+ to experience all the content easily
On that note too, stop "necessitating" NG+ for the superbosses (although I beat them in both games through cheese, it'd be a pain with how thorough I was being with quests if I had to dump my 100% run to run through the game again)
Add a new feature element. HQ building, an online PvP arena, something
Better writing/humor too. Maybe kidnap the Tales from the Borderlands staff
>>
File: BL3 - anons on c_i.jpg (355KB, 877x633px) Image search: [Google]
BL3 - anons on c_i.jpg
355KB, 877x633px
>>390041402
>>
bring back gore
>>
>>390040813
My biggest problem is the writing/humor. Characters won't ever shut up, to the point that I got a headache an hour into B2, and everything has to be BADASS!!! XD
>>
File: bl writing.png (43KB, 1245x324px) Image search: [Google]
bl writing.png
43KB, 1245x324px
>>390042190
>>
>>390041910
PS, mobility is a really helpful improvement on shooter combat (Original-Bfront II / CoD: AW). Melee has an average place within the industry right now (often single-button spam, vs. 3-6 -button combos -- Skyrim vs. LOTR:ROTK). Obviously multiplayer would put it on the sort of vague level that Destiny and many, in this saturated genre, all have.

Overall, the game has a lot of potential for making a unique experience. 4p co-op, and even a multiplayer arena is a predictable and repetitive notion up until "defining multiplayer map design and metagaming".
>>
>>390040813
>hire competent writers
>make characters have MORE THAN ONE FUCKING SKILL
Easy.
>>
>>390040813
>people giving randy another chance
>>
>>390041402
Literally this. They need to go back to basics, because the sequels sucked ass in the parts that mattered.
>>
>Deeper customization or more skills per character
>Easier drop in multiplayer that scales
>Continue to de-emphasize things like True Omega Ultra Giga Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode but still encourage running the game multiple times through some kind of rewards system
>Vehicles need to be more than an afterthought for getting from A to B and should just have a zone dedicated to them
>Crafting system or at least a way to change the parts on guns so its not RNG on top of RNG, even if its costly
>A return to Borderlands one where its less modern humor and more dark humor in a pretty rough setting
>ADD A FUCKING "REFILL ALL AMMO BUTTON" TO THE FUCKING VENDORS THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN DAY ONE OF THE SERIES
>Each manufacturer should have a gun for each weapon type
>Either remove arenas from the storyline, and/or make it so you can jump into them from the main menu with others and get items for that playthrough for that level
>>
>>390040813
For starters, let me have more than ONE fucking action skill at a time. Yes, even if it's customizable, shooting bullet sponge enemies from the same 6 guns with ONE skill gets a little stale after 100 hours. If it's gonna be a "Diablo with guns", I'm not fucking asking for an entire skill panel, but at least for MORE THAN ONE.
>>
>>390046494
>Multiple playthroughs
Even D3 shelves that.
>>
File: 1416741179803.png (59KB, 523x478px) Image search: [Google]
1416741179803.png
59KB, 523x478px
>>390040813
>How does the franchise need to improve to get your attention?
Randy must die, or at least his company has to go bankrupt, so another developers can get the IP to make a new sequel
Seriously, even giving it to ubisoft would create a better game
>>
>fix the looting
>keep the cellshaded art style
>remove the shitty reddit/n*ogaf """""""""""humor"""""""""
>make more unique characters with unique abilities
>don't virtue signal and stop implementing sjw tumlr shit
If Randy The Cuck Pitchford can do this, he'll see my money.
>>
They need to fix those fucking skill trees, and stop writing their dialogue like a fucking disney channel kids show only with cussing.

The fucking skill trees in borderlands 2 are a complete and total mess compared to borderlands 1.
>>
>>390042454
fucking this
>>
>>390042454
I read that in Scooter's voice and it was like I was really in Borderlands 2.
>>
>>390040813
more MMO mechanics and more meme's of course
>>
I know one thing. They sure as fuck better not start us off in a boring as hell snow landscape again.
>>
File: narutard.jpg (52KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
narutard.jpg
52KB, 480x516px
>>390046494
> Having to refill ammo at a vendor
Are you only carrying two types of weapons or something?
>>
Unfuck the crit on assault rifles,
E-Tech in general.
Story in general.
>>390041910
>>390041402
this as well
>>
>>390049430
Ive got better things to do than meticulously walk over each body for ammo. Also yes a lot of builds only use 1-2 weapons.
>>
>>390049430
Ideal Zer0 and Maya builds tend to use 3 different element Pimpernel variants and a Grog Nozzle for healing.

Borderlands endgame is fucking retarded.
>>
Borderlands 2 was a mistake. Go back to Borderlands 1. The atmosphere, the character design, the lack of political bullshit one way or another. The gun system is a complete disaster that makes only a handful of guns relevant. Hell, even hire the writers from the Tales game. It was wacky, but at least it was good.
>>
I'd like to see all new characters
Presumably i'd would be set 10 or more years in the future so any possible returning characters would either be old or fucked off.
Claptrap should be dead by this point and Tina not retarded if she comes back at all.
also more viable skills and endgame options instead of point blank heralding people.
>>
File: 1448396259005.png (64KB, 352x116px) Image search: [Google]
1448396259005.png
64KB, 352x116px
REMOVE
EXPONENTIAL
SCALING
>>
>>390049554
And thats one of the problems of BL2. Everyone endgame build is just retards running around with MUH DPUH HAROLDS and MUH ROCKET LAUNCHER and using a shield that absorbs 94% of bullets. A handful of legendaries completely invalidates the entire so called billions of guns in the game.
>>
Better UI
Better Story
More incentive to single-player instead of multi-player.
Less annoying writing.
>>
>>390050407
>multiplayer
You mean Co-op? because only playing in single player is boring as hell.
>>
>>390050035
If characters return they need to be used sparingly rather than sidekicks who direct the plot. Maybe someone you go visit once for advice or a specific item or weapon that is a nod to the previous games.
>>
The arena mode could actually be good if they tried at all, with all the different types of weapons, builds and ability interactions (imagine fighting a cloaked zero and using a singularity grenade to pull him into your turret nuke, etc)
it's just ruined by instant death damage
>>
Why doesn't leveling just give a percentage increase in weapon damage or smth instead of guns having levels.
>>
>>390052175
They need new gimmicks. Stuff like gun game arena where each round you're given a new or random weapon to use, enemies with affixes like Diablo that do things, and bosses in them.
>>
>>390052293
Add a new gimmick, mechanic or gameplay overhaul of your choice.
>>
>>390040813
Bring back elemental death/gore, mashers, weapon/manufacturer variety, and a new berserker.
>>
>>390041863
Crafting defeats the purpose of grinding for that sweet rng loot
>>
>>390054350
For a moment I forgot I wasn't in the M64O thread anymore, jesus christ
>>
>>390052293
The main thing that made OG gungame fun was betting money.

The game having really cool stats / itemization is helpful for bosses, etc.
>>
Make your character and talent choices matter more, especially in late game. After a certain point all that matters is how good your guns and shield are.
>>
Create-Your-Own-Vault-Hunter, with class choices after creation.
>>
File: 1503886784967.jpg (39KB, 139x148px) Image search: [Google]
1503886784967.jpg
39KB, 139x148px
>>390040813
More classes. Make endgame enjoyable.
Also, more Gaige.
>>
>>390057783
Oh, and before I forget, remove Burch, remove the term "Badass" from the game and bring back BL1's loot/weapon system.
>>
>>390057975
Burch has been gone for a long time.
>>
>>390057783
you have great taste sir
>>
Maybe something like PVP arenas would be nice?
>>
File: 1394300233704.jpg (42KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1394300233704.jpg
42KB, 375x375px
>people want crafting
>>
>>390058259
I don't.
>>
>>390050342
That's because retards bought themselves into super hardcore bulletsponge enemies with 2 FUCKING TWO DLCs to make the game even more tedious. Game is fine with lvl 50 cap but it would be better if lvl 40 was max.
>>
>>390058259
Yeah, I want to be able to slap the barrel, body, stock, sights and grips I want together to make a gun I like. The game does it by RNG, I just want to do it so I don't get a gun that looks like it was modelled by the intern at Bethesda.
>>
File: 1410667375363.jpg (8KB, 146x146px) Image search: [Google]
1410667375363.jpg
8KB, 146x146px
>>390040813
>Game
>Game 2
>Gam3
>>
File: ZiUctlKSL._SY355_.jpg (29KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
ZiUctlKSL._SY355_.jpg
29KB, 355x355px
>>390054662
Crafting could work in the sense of breaking down guns and making some ridiculous fucking abomination putting things together like a tommy rocket launcher that use ammo belts ammunition which was taken from an assault rifle.

Or make a Junklord class, who's able to mixmatch weapons as a special ability combining elements into one ultimate gun.

But in the end, crafting does fuck over RNG and stumbling upon random shit, which is the best part of Borderlands. But if you make it very highly cost effective like another form of currency like refined Eridium, which you can use to apply broken down parts of a gun to another gun from scopes/nuzzles/magazines, but destroys the old gun since it's no longer useable with missing parts. Then I can see that happening. It can be a nice added effect to make player retarded guns and e-peen competition. Make it lore wise that Borderland guns can not be crafted with or mixmatched/appliable without "spechul eyetum" which is rare and costly.
>>
>>390060058
Really? That's something you're mad about?
It's not even official.
>>
>>390060229
Also to add, you can only apply gun effect/part to one gun and then the old gun is destroyed. Making it very risky or one in a while kind of ordeal.
>>
>>390040813
First, fix the gameplay somehow. Second, make use of existing lore to make some more meaningful plot. Borderlands universe really has potential, apocalyptic wastelands juxtaposed with absurd corporate culture. They just need to stop the latter from infecting the former with cheap memes and references and make it actually morbidly, soullessly corporate.
>>
>>390060437
*one effect/part
>>
>>390040813
>still wanting Borderlands 3
I bet you were hyped for ME:A as well
>>
>>390040813

More varied quests. Literally eveything in BL2 and all the DLC is some variant of "go here and kill these guys and pick up this" or "go here and kill these guys and pick up what they drop" Then the main quest is just a series of linear horde -> mini boss -> boss quests.

I know they invest a lot in the procedural gun shit so the game has to be about shooting things but they need to do something else to help make it more interesting.

The physics in BL2 were absolute shit. Jumping felt too floaty and it was hard to accurately/precisely jump and move around. You could tell when you did the badass challenges where you had to climb that radio tower in the slag stronghold. It also makes for weird rocket jumping and other things. Needs refinement.
>>
>>390040813
Proper weapon variety and introduce actual armour drops. The shield is fine, it's just not enough.
>>
>>390040813
>Playing Borderlands for the writing
ITT is cancer

They need to go all out with making it a real ARPG instead of a shooter with loot.
>>
>>390040813
Make it like path of exile buy with shooter combat
>>
>>390042815
>Saturated genre
>One other Game in the genre
>>
They just need to remove the bulletsponges to make the endgame viable again. There was this one image with a graph of your damage scaling vs. the enemies health scaling as you level up. You actually get LESS powerful as you level up and get better gear. That's retarded.
>>
> Remove the shitty SJW writing
> Back to Bl1 roots of actual quality dlc
> good skill trees for every class
> dont let reddit write a fucking word, not even similar styling
> Bl1 prefix/acc./title/barrel/body all affecting stats
> Make barrels and mags able to generate the elemental damage, for more diverse weapons
> anarchy SMG, masher revolvers, helix launchers
> more quest variety- defending, hold out in one area, not just kill x nad go to area to pick up y
> more dynamic bosses, not just resized/reskinned basic enemies
Fuck, they're not gonna be able to do it.
>>
>>390041910
>instead of more enemy health make more enemies spawn in coop
that doesnt work if you think about it. Having more enemies makes it easier to get a second wind, so instead of making the game more challenging for more players, it becomes easier
>>
>>390040813
More gore, Go full on path of exile/diablo ,crafting

More Rewards for cooping
>>
>>390040813
regular white and green weapons should stay relevant throughout the game instead of becoming absolete. It has the same problem breath of the wild has after some time you only keep your rare weapons and ignore common ones, which sucks since the beginning is the most fun part, when you switch weapons out every few minutes
>>
>>390058087
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>390040813
More weapon manufacturers, more weapon types.
Keep shieds and maybe add more armor stuff with random variations.

More skills so that you can have somewhat unique builds.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwyIfkveiCs
>>
>>390041863
Crafting fucking sucks
>>
I'll honestly play regardless
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.