[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sucks that we can't like this game anymore.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: 2415300_640px.jpg (77KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
2415300_640px.jpg
77KB, 640x853px
Sucks that we can't like this game anymore.
>>
We're on /v/, we can't like any video game anymore.
>>
>>390033128
I mean i never played the first one but watching the video it does look better than 3, doesnt mean i dont love 3 anymore
>>
>>390033054
>We
Speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>390033235
You don't love 3 anymore.
>>
>>390033054
the big bong didn't even say he disliked the game, he just said it wasn't as good as the others
why do we always have to split into extreme camps, why does everything have to be either gotyay or irredeemable trash
>>
>>390033890
Shut up bitch
>>
>>390033660
Fug
>>
File: realgamers.png (103KB, 622x152px) Image search: [Google]
realgamers.png
103KB, 622x152px
Yeah, I fucking loved this game. But after TheGamingBritShow™ (who has a patreon, support him for his awesome content!) said he didn't like it, I decided I can't like it either. Don't want to lose my real gamer™ credibility.
>>
>>390033054
But why? This is the best in the series
>>
>>390034587
The reaction to this video is stupid. Opinions are apparently not allowed.
>>
>>390034639
I agree with TheGamingBritShow™, Resident Evil 6 is a legendary game, just legendary! Same with MGS4, legendary!
>>
>>390033054
Good thing I can still enjoy the superior-titled Ratchet & Clank 3™
>>
>>390034638
level design was lame and so was the writing
>>
File: gV7UzYi.jpg (62KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
gV7UzYi.jpg
62KB, 437x437px
Other anons have already said it, but watch him gloss over every single one of R&C 1's flaws and pretend it's the best game of all time
>>
>>390033054
2>3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>others
>>
>>390034740
>Gaming "Brit"
>Calls it UYA
fucking poser
>>
3>2>4>1>>>rest
Does every thread on /v/ has to be about some eceleb shit?
>>
>>390034929
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>others
>lumping ACiT and Gladiator with Size Matters and All 4 One
Anon there are some good post-trilogy games, you know.
>>
>>390034829
i'll give you that writing wasn't as good as the first one but level design is miles better than the first two games
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 400x380px
>>390034829
No ones playing Ratchet for the writing, but the R&C intro with "One of Nature's Mysteries" is still the funniest bit R&C ever put out.

Side note: the game fixed a lot of weapons, especially the lava gun. Level design? There isn't much platforming in R&C, nothing like Mario 64 or Rayman Origins. It's meant to be there as fluff. Then you had
>arenas
>"open world" segments
Both of which are either good for some people or meh for others. So the
>linear game wtf
Complaint is silly, because if the entire game were "open world" it would be shit. Level design later was far more open in ACiT, which worked for that game because of new mobility options and better hardware.

Ya'll are dumb as hell if you legitimately entertain dumb opinions. The game is fine and the first R&C is NOT superior. Maybe as a platformer but everything else is dumb. Yes, even the edgy writing where the protags don't get along. It's not character development, just lazy tropes.

t. I played them "back in the day", and again during the remaster. The qol changes makes 3>1 in a landslide
>>
Reminder that A Crack in Time is the best.
>>
>>390034954
>Gaming "Brit"
>Doesn't start video with As-salamu alaykum
Pssh, what a poser..
>>
Reminder TheGamingBrit was BTFO
https://youtu.be/fK_Ma_-21kM
>>
>>390035125
Fuck you Size Matters is a good game
>>
>>390035343
>There isn't much platforming in R&C, nothing like Mario 64 or Rayman Origins. It's meant to be there as fluff.
Go back and play the first game. Clearly it's not as fleshed out as in pure platformers but it is there and it's definitely enjoyable.
>inb4 muh strafing

>>390035326
It's just kind of bland. All the worlds are a straight line with no branches now, no unique NPCs, just strafing and shooting the same enemies for 10 hours.

>>390035495
>1hr46
tldr it.
>>
3 is the best
Lock-strafe rules all
>>
>>390035495
>2 hours to tell someone they're dumb
fuck off I ain't watching that.
>>
Trespasser > Electrolyzer > Infiltrator >>>>> Hacker
>>
>>390033054
Kill yourself
>>
>>390033890
Shut up bitch
>>
>>390035536
soz fám just assumed it be shovelware being a PSP game and all
>>
>there are people who seriously think the first R&C was better than 3
How? You can't even fucking strafe in the first one
>>
>>390036036
Size Matters is OK, but it's too stiff. Basic things like breaking open crates or slamming your wrench on the ground just don't have the impact they should. Besides that the weapons are shit and the game is short as fuck.
It's playable but not replayable, like a 6/10.

>>390036043
The enemies don't harass you from long distance so there's no need to strafe. The level and enemy design is different so it doesn't really cripple you in the same way it does the later games. Besides that there are a few extra moves like forward sideflips and midair thruster pack longjumps which make it easier to cover ground and avoid fire for some in-your-face wrench action.
Just try it and you'll see what I mean. Going into Ratchet 1 and trying to play it like 2 or 3 is dumb, you have to adapt to a different style of combat.
>>
>>390035495
>speedrunner giving his speedrun perspective
>"nobody in the speedrunning sphere says this"
>"in the speerunning sphere, we say: [insert]"
>refers to non-speedrun play as "casual" play
Stopped watching there. We want to discuss what is the best game to play not what is the best for autists to find glitches to save 0.1 seconds in.
>>
>>390036447
Ratchet 1 has the best movement tech anyway so it's moot
>>
>>390033054
It was a fantastic game, before anyone blindly sides with another youtube reviewer
>took out racing mini-game and shitty space combat to have more coders work on the core gameplay
>gunplay, controls, weapon upgrade system, multiple control schemes, all improve how the game feels and flows
>final boss doesn't feel too hard like drek, or too easy like the protopet

>>390036447
that's specifically what he talks about in the video, he just prefaces it with his knowledge of how other people he knows see it, he goes on to talk about it like he's never speed ran it before
>>
>>390036712
>>took out racing mini-game and shitty space combat to have more coders work on the core gameplay
>Doesn't improve anything at all, same core gameplay as Ratchet 2 except now lacking in any variety
>>
>>390036605
Stop parroting what e-celebs tell you. R&C 1 felt clunky as fuck.
>>
>>390036808
we must see it differently then, ratchet 3 felt better than 2 and much better than 1 to me
>>
>>390036872
>he can't infinite longjump
>>
For a game based around combat, Ratchet: Gladiator was good.
>>
>>390037136
Gladiator was the game UYA should have been
>>
>>390037136
>Gladiator

Fuck off Europoors

Deadlockecd master race
>>
>>390037310
Worse

Aussie
>>
>>390037359
>Spoiler

I'm so sorry
>>
>>390033054
Why? Did some retarded e-celeb make a video on it?
>>
File: myman.jpg (578KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
myman.jpg
578KB, 1080x1080px
>>390035105
No we also have waifu threads, /pol/ threads, and console war threads
>>
File: anime.png (230KB, 728x402px) Image search: [Google]
anime.png
230KB, 728x402px
>>390033054
Imagine just liking games and not caring about what other people think.
>>
>>390036447
he said speedrunning community because those are the people he hangs out with talking about RC
when he makes his points he says them from a casual perspective
>>
>>390035597
>go back and play the first game
Take your own advice. It wasn't GOOD platforming for multiple reasons
>strafing
So you're gonna sit there and tell me that strafing wasn't the best new quality of life addition to the series? It's not a dedicated platformer, that should be obvious by now. It's a glorified cool weapons tech demo, with good character designs, an insanely appropriate soundtrack that doesn't get the credit it deserves, and a meaty campaign. The platforming makes interesting navigation and set pieces and that's it. The magnet boots segments have the worst platforming, but an incredibly appealing aesthetic. There is no test of dexterity, not much spacial reasoning, and its clunky. Yes, it's probably a harder game, but that has nothing to do with brilliant design and more to do with "woops, that wasn't as fairly balanced as we thought."

That's R&C in a nutshell. If you're a speedrunner exploiting weird movement mechanics of the original, you're playing the game 100% wrong.
>>
>>390037195
>UYA - good platforming, good shooting
>Deadlocked - good shooting
Deadlocked fags never cease to amaze me
>>
>>390038418
>>UYA - good platforming
>>
>>390038471
dude if your game is heavily shooting-oriented just go all the way and remove ALL plaforming lmao it will improve it
>>
>>390038418
Should be great combat for deadlocked.
>>
Like what you want to like. You won't get banned here for not being part of the hivemind. Least of all because some britbong "professional game reviewer" opinion.
>>
He isn't wrong though. I like the game, but most of his points are facts. The game IS more linear. There ARE less gameplay styles. The enemies ARE more repeated. The story IS more random.
>>
>>390038576
and excellent for UYA :)
>>
>>390038264
Strafing wasn't only a quality of life addition, it affected the design of the enemies and the rest of the game changed around it. Enemies just aren't aggressive in Ratchet 1 the same way they are in 2 or 3. They don't aggro from a distance and if they do, their projectiles move slow enough that you can dodge them without strafing. There are many more enemy types that swarm you to emphasize melee and close range combat.

Put simply, strafing does not belong in Ratchet 1. Ratchet 1 is not designed in such a way that you can't deal with enemies without strafing - and if you could strafe, that would break the balance of the game.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.