[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problems with destiny (without buzzwords)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_5294.jpg (527KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5294.jpg
527KB, 1900x1068px
>Story flaws
-How did you survive the fall from the ship when falling from lesser height even with light kills you
-How do you still have your ghost when nobody else does and you literally just saw your ghost die and fall from the same height as you
-Why don't you just tell Zavala or ANY other guardian to go to the light shard in the forest to get their light back?
-If Ghaul has a death star that can literally wipe out solar systems why the hell does he even need the traveler? That thing is
>Development flaws
-Protgonists no longer speaks
-Making Shaders consumable making players grind more for them in order to pad their game despite SHaDERS being permanent in D1
-Shaders that only work on one piece of equipment
-Disgusting frame rate drops in every firefight
-Sparrow is endgame content despite maps being bigger
>>
>>390029673
>-If Ghaul has a death star that can literally wipe out solar systems why the hell does he even need the traveler? That thing is
did you forgot someting there?
Why would a warlord want the immortality and power granted by the Traveler.
>>
>>390029673
>-Protgonists no longer speaks
Garbage. They should have given you more of a voice, not taken it away completely.
>>
>>390029673
You're not the only one with their ghost, Cayde's appears in a cutscene
>>
>>390030072
Yeah this is the one that probably erks me the most. Literally every cutscene would be better if your character actually spoke. It's not like they can't do it, they literally make a joke about it in the game itself
>>
File: 1469673266788.jpg (2MB, 1446x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1469673266788.jpg
2MB, 1446x2046px
How much you wanna bet this is the same OP as the Warframe thread?

Is he really that buttblasted?
>>
>>390030309
that's a big girl.
>>
>>390029969
Kinda ironic since he gives you shit in the beginning for being immortal
>>
>>390030309
Not him, Warframe is shit with no players and no future. At least destiny 2 has guaranteed life.
>>
>>390030412
yeah, but he also gives us shit for cowering behind walls.
>>
>>390029673
How are they still Guardians at all if they're cutoff the the light to begin with? Shouldn't they all turn back into a pile of bones.
>>
>>390030412
He doesn't give you shit for being immortal, he tells you what he thinks about YOU.

He thinks YOU aren't actually brave, you just don't fear death anymore.

Essentially "I did all this with one life, I deserve that power instead of you"
>>
>>390030491
>At least destiny 2 has guaranteed life.
As soulless as that is, yes.
>>
>>390029673
>playing fps's built for PC on console
>>
>>390030521
You could probably weasel your way out of that question using the thing the Speaker said.

"Everything has light in it etc etc whatever"
>>
>>390030521
No they're still human but without light they cannot be brought back to life by a ghost
>>
The Speaker reveals more about the traveler to Ghaul than he did to you in Destiny 1
>>
>>390030567
It's pretty obvious he was talking about guardians in general. Hence "Always cowering behind walls"
>>
Was Ghaul the emperor of the Cabal?
i always figured he was a leader of his Red Legion, another faction of the Cabal
>>
File: deletethis.jpg (41KB, 443x399px) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.jpg
41KB, 443x399px
>>390030683
Well yeah, but I don't think that has any bearing on him "talking shit about immortality."

He hates guardians because he views them as inadequate for the Travellers gift, not because they're immortal.
>>
>>390030616
I can't wait for D2 to suddenly become "GOTY" once it's released on PC
>>
File: Leviathan.jpg (58KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan.jpg
58KB, 1080x600px
>>390030706
Ghaul is the leader of the Red Legion, yes. From what I've gathered, the emperor is 'Calus' and you fight him on his planet-eating ship in the raid
>>
File: about that.jpg (89KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
about that.jpg
89KB, 333x500px
So why does everyone treats Traveler like some god if it's just a fancy ai with cool tech? He literally just got overloaded by Ghaul's intervention and has a energy core malfunction
>>
File: seinfeld_jerry.jpg (38KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_jerry.jpg
38KB, 240x260px
>>390030706
He led a Coup D'état according to the collectors edition booklet.

The emperor is on Leviathan, the giant planet eating ship that the raid takes place on
>>
>>390030881
So the Taken king Dreadnaught but bigger
>>
File: gabe.png (34KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
gabe.png
34KB, 128x128px
>>390030883
We actually don't know either way anon.

Sometimes it seems to act in it's own self interest, and other times it seems to be benevolent.

Bungie seems to keep these things ambiguous like with the "Did the Warminds shoot down the traveller or did it stay to save us" shit.
>>
>>390029673
Why does it seem that a guardian losing their light makes them almost completely unable to use a gun?
>>
File: Michael-Jackson-Popcorn.jpg (16KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Jackson-Popcorn.jpg
16KB, 620x465px
>destiny 2 on /v/
>people are actually discussing it and not just shitposting
lucky me
>>
>>390029673
I can't awnser the development flaws. They're great points though.
I can, however, answer the story concerns
-How did you survive the fall from the ship when falling from lesser height even with light kills you
Plot armor. Additionally your more likely to survive a fall from a great hieght, or extreme crash if your body is limp rather than rigid
-How do you still have your ghost when nobody else does and you literally just saw your ghost die and fall from the same height as you
Cayde has his ghost. It didn't die, it collapsed from the loss of light like you did. I dropped my go pro off a cliff once and it was fine. I'd wager a ghost is sturdier.
-Why don't you just tell Zavala or ANY other guardian to go to the light shard in the forest to get their light back?
You have a vision of the shard because the shard called out to you. They have to be chosen by the light. Which is why they puss me off so much with how they treat you. I mean I killed the black heart, atheon, crota, skolas, Oryx and some Siva faggot, was chosen by the light and they still talk to you like you're beneath them
-If Ghaul has a death star that can literally wipe out solar systems why the hell does he even need the traveler? That thing is
He wants the traveler because 1. It can extend you life by hundreds of years and cute all ailments. 2. It can resurrect you from the dead.
>>
>>390031096
It's early AM and all the warframe players are in a containment thread.
>>
>>390030881
>>390030896
I see, what else does the booklet says?
>>
Why doesn't the Traveler just bring all of humanity back to life? Why only "special" people get brought back as Guardians?
>>
>>390030072
There's supposedly some lore about guardians speaking less as your power grows.
Apparently it concerns your ghost greatly. Because you don't speak to him and he can't tell what your thinking.
>>
>>390031073
I was wondering why the you don't shoot Ghaul either but I guess losing your light suddenly would be a damaging shock to the body? Seeing as you fall to your knees.
>>
>>390030838
Cry more bitch BOTW became GOTY when it got working on PC. Every game on PC is GOTY
>>
>>390031073
It's more like you wouldn't want to risk going head to head with giant space rhinos without cheat codes
>>
File: 1459948363002.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459948363002.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>390031174
It essentially is an autobiography of Calus, the emperor.

TLDR: He sees himself as THE SHIT, he thinks hes awesome as hell. Gaul takes over so he leaves(gets exiled? unclear) on a fuckhuge lavish ship called Leviathan.

He then lists all of the "traitors" with Gaul as the biggest one.

He implies that if you kill Gaul and the traitors, he will invite you to his lavish ship to become his warrior or something. So I'm assuming that's the segway into the raid.
>>
>>390031191
Because much of humanity is worthless and doesn't deserve to live
>>
Hated the first one but 2 is actually pretty fun. Not really much more to say
>>
>>390029673
>Protgonists no longer speaks
yeah, that's a pretty bad design choice
>Making Shaders consumable
again, a bad choice, but considering the overwhelmingly negative outcry from the community it might be changed
>Shaders that only work on one piece of equipment
that's good, it allows for more customisation options
>Disgusting frame rate drops in every firefight
your fault entirely for playing on a console, should've waited for PC release
>Sparrow is endgame content despite maps being bigger
don't understand it either
>>
>>390030567
I think gaul doesn't understand the pain guardians suffer through.
>have to die to become a guardian so chance you might be dead forever
>you can hear your guardian make pain noises
>meaning you still feel pain
>meaning you feel the pain of every death
Gaul has never suffered death. He's never suffered a thousand deaths. He's never been raised to life after taking a plasma bolt to the chest only to receive another bolt.
Gaul doesn't know pain.
>>
>>390031014
I remember hearing something that implied that Rasputin shot the traveler down because it was trying leave. can anyone confirm?
>>
>>390031312
According to spoilers Ghaul comes back though the light and helps you in the raid
>>
File: feels that transcend humanity.png (657KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
feels that transcend humanity.png
657KB, 633x758px
as much as people shitpost about destiny being bad, you gotta admit, the raids are so fucking good dude. I'm considering trying to do it day one if i wasnt so busy, and watching people do that shit live is good.
I just wish there were more co op games that had raids like that that arent shitty mobas
>>
File: PrimeVasto.png (129KB, 512x312px) Image search: [Google]
PrimeVasto.png
129KB, 512x312px
It's a minor gripe, but why does the gunslinger's golden gun just look like a reskinned common handcannon? Shouldn't it look like some kind of crazy regal gun or energy projection kind of thing?
>>
>>390031402
But anon he was born in the darkness, molded by it. we merely adopted the light
>>
>>390029673
I'm thinking about buying it for PC but not sure
didn't play the first one
but I will probably wait as I'll have the new South Park and Shadow of Mordor to play in October
>>
>>390030379
For me
>>
>>390031402
>Ghaul doesn't know pain
He was literally telling the speaker how he was an outcast since birth and had to fight his way to the top
>>
>>390031407
Running theory, kept ambiguous by the lore.
>>
>>390031398
>>Making Shaders consumable
>again, a bad choice, but considering the overwhelmingly negative outcry from the community it might be changed
It's the main thing powering the microtransactions. They're not going to change it.
>>
>>390031191
Because he's an ai and can't just overwrite his protocols
>>
>>390029673
> Silent protagonist is a development flaw

Since when?
>>
>Sparrow is endgame content despite maps being bigger
I don't play D2, but this sounds actually kind of neat. Making you learn the lay of the land, actually work your way around and get a little more intimate with the world instead of just tunnel visioning towards the objective marker all the time.
>>
>>390031874
Since destiny 1 had a voiced protagonist with a personality (a likable one at that) while Destiny 2 has your ghost doing all the talking for you. If anything your character should be more outspoken and developed since it's a older version of your character from the first game.
>>
>>390030491
Destiny 2 has guaranteed life because of its shitty fanbase, just like League of Legends.
The game doesn't have to be good, as long as it's popular, the mindless drones playing it will defend it to the death.
>>
>>390031973
this guy gets it
>>
>>390029673
>Problems with destiny
its destiny, thats all. its basically taking some piece of shit console mmo with less content than a piece of shit p2w korean mmo thats free, and adding it on battle.net to sucker in those PC players because they know people eat blizzards shit no problem
>>
>>390032023
The protagonist having a voice was one of my biggest problems with D1. I appreciated that his lines were few and far between, but I thought that it should have been removed entirely. There honestly seemed to be very little point to it from a story perspective, and I always wondered why they chose to give him/her a voice since you always had the ghost chatting away anyway.
>>
>>390032048
Have you played it?
>>
>>390031398
I think it was an attempt to get us to look for interiors of buildings. Shortcuts. Lost sectors and the like. I think they were fearful players would just speed past all the stuff they put in the game worlds
>>
>>390031696
As he was supported by an obviously wealthy, albeit disgraced scholar.
Could you imagine dying countless times?
>>
>>390032596
I think Gaul is meant both to be sympathic and easily dislikable.

He doesn't have to be either/or.
>>
File: 1489728621499.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489728621499.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>390030491
After 1500h in warframe everything will be better that this half done game. If only DE actually cared and stop adding half rushed content, that would make warframe great.
When Destiny 2 comes to PC, most of the players gonna switch for some time, at least those who doesn't have stockholm syndrome
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.