[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you side with the righteous Templars or the filthy Blood Mages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: DA2StartScreen.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DA2StartScreen.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Did you side with the righteous Templars or the filthy Blood Mages?
>>
they're both self righteous and filthy, and worse they blame the player
should've just killed them all or cuck them by leaving with all the billion gold you've been stashing up the ass
>>
All mages should be gassed
>>
Templars, and it's only a matter of time until everyone admits this game wasn't that bad.
>>
>>390029532
I've never thought the game was bad. DA2 is fun. What I need to try and enjoy is Origins because it seems like a decent game but I always drop it halfway through. Inquisition is beyond saving.
>>
>>390029532
DA2 has a lot of problems but I still replayed it way more then Inquisition
>>
>>390029532
>Sides with the templars like a good goy
>Claims DA2 was good.

It checks out.
>>
>>390027510
I sided with a better game.
>>
>>390029728
kys.
>>
>>390029615
Why do you drop Origins exactly?
>>
>>390029532

It was that bad.

How much are you getting paid to shill OP?
>>
>>390030212
They should fucking pay me.
>>
>>390029728
This
>>
>>390027510
Meredith did literally NOTHING wrong and was 100% justified in everything she did. At every turn the characters call her a bitch and at every turn she is proven right. Hell even Orsino turns out to be a blood mage who was working with the guy who kills Hawks mum. Admittedly it turns out that the mages in Kirkwall are more susceptible to demonic influence due to the tens of thousands of slaves and sacrifices dying there during Imperial times but still.
>>
>>390030718
Fucking this. I was surprised by how much I took her side by the end of the game. The only thing I have against her is that Red Lyrium shit.
>>
>>390031157
I remember there was a bit towards the end of the game where the mage leader says something like "You can't paint us all with the same brush not all of us are evil blood mages" and I was expecting her to go off on a rant about how all mages and magic is evil but instead her face softened and is like "I know and it breaks my heart to do it but its the only way to keep the people and the mages safe"

But then anders goes and pulls a 9/11 and everyone goes nuts.
>>
>>390027510
If you don't side with the Templars all the way through and kill Bethany, you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>390031467
It's pretty sad when you consider Meredith's backstory. Her younger sister was a mage, and her parents kept her hidden from the chantry. They didn't know how to teach her so eventually the neighbors noticed and called for the Templars. When the sister saw the Templars, she made a deal with a demon and became an abomination.

Meredith's sister killed everyone in the family barring Meredith, and the Templars eventually took her down after she killed another 70 people.
>>
>>390027510
Didn't finish this boring piece of shit.
>>
File: dragonage22011031117013[1].jpg (55KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
dragonage22011031117013[1].jpg
55KB, 640x350px
I sided with mommy gf
>>
>>390031653
People need to realize that mages in the Dragon Age universe are walking talking WMDs not an allegory for repressed minorities or jews in concentration camps during WW2 that pro mage freedom people like to parrot about. It's just too easy for a mage to resort to blood magic in a pinch. Thats a big gripe about story not transitioning into gameplay where the MC can battle 10 abominations at once and all they're doing is scratching at you with claws when they're supposed to be this hyper powerful mage empowered with demon energy so you sort of lose perspective on the whole how dangerous are they aspects.
>>
I tried to side with the mages but tjey're so badly written that everyone is a blood mage, even if you help one, later they'll try to kill you. The only two mages that aint insane from the start are your sister and half-elf boy who escaped to tevinter to learn about his skills. Even Orsino claims that he know about Hawke mom murder all along and he did nothing to stop him. When you side with the templars, you fight with mostly blood mages. When you side with the mages... poof most of them are still blood mages
>>
>>390032148
No, what people need to realize is that mages need to learn about blood magic instead of treating it as forbidden knowledge.
The Tevinters practice the fuck out of it and they don't have any issues with abominations running around left and right.
>>
>>390032530
This. Blood Magic is a tool that must be mastered. A risky and dangerous tool but a tool nonetheless.
>>
>>390031971
Disgusting
>>
>>390029532
I really enjoyed Origins and found DA2 acceptable. Now I'm wondering whether I should try "cisquisition". Is it really that bad?
>>
>unironic DA2 is good thread.

end of the fucking world.
>>
>>390037280
It has a shit ton of issues but it's still a good game despite that.
>>
>>390037603
No its not. No it really is not.
>>
>>390027510
Filhty Blood mages.

My warden was a super filthy blood mage that conducted experiments with blood magic from darkspawn.

In DA2 the sister from my Hawke was a mage.

And I like to be as distant as possible from the culture of Qunari.
>>
>>390037668
Alright then, tell me why the game can't be considered at the very least decent.
>>
>>390037934
Also, I wasn't even mad that Anders blow up the chantry. (Still dislike him very much compared to how he was in Awakening).
>>
>>390029532
>>390029615
These are the people you share a board with.
>>
>>390029532

>tfw da2 contrarians are gonna be just like ds2 contrarians
>>
File: yip.png (1KB, 68x64px) Image search: [Google]
yip.png
1KB, 68x64px
>>390029532
You are entitled to your opinion.
if you want to refute the opinion of /v/ at the time of DA2's release you will require a time machine.
If you have a time machine, it would be better spent going back and doing pretty much anything else.

But for the fucking record
>Re-using the same "dungeon" over and over.
>Inferior quality of textures, to a hilarious extent.
>Generally inferior effects.
>In comparison to DAO, vastly cut down abilities, skills and classes.

These are just the most objective criticisms I could think of. I would be very impressed if someone could argue otherwise that these points are valid. There's plenty of other negative points, especially if you want to compare DA2 to its daddy DAO, but I accept that some twisted freaks might actually like that it went in the direction of an ARPG, that the story wasn't a meandering pile of sick that was so railroaded I'm amazed I wasn't asked to mind the fucking gap, and that it didn't give you more than one origin and only two base classes.

You sick fucks.
>>
>>390037280
fucking this.

>>390037984
have you played DA 1?
have you played any other RPG?

Because if you did, I find it impossible to get over Dragon Age 2's:
>ABYSSIMAL COMBAT
>laughable mechanics
>inconsistent story
>forced shit protagonist, cringe dialogue; poorly developed characters
>level design akin to a mobile game
>sub-par music
>>
>>390038105
Supporting the Templars is the right choice. They were abusing power and some things definitely had to change but at that point Mages were actively and intentionally summoning aberrations and had to be put down.
>>
>>390032148
To be honest, I think there's plenty of people who feel Jews are basically walking WMDs. Not even as a joke.
>>
File: 1503337305727.jpg (63KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1503337305727.jpg
63KB, 326x326px
Remember the TW2 vs DA2 threads? Biodrones were BTFO on a daily basis after the games released
>>
>>390037280
>>390037603
I don't think DA2 is good. It was fine in some rare moments, and completely horrible in many others. But it wasn't the end of the series. Other than bringing Leliana back, they didn't mess up the lore very much. It could be considered a bad spin off and then continue with better games. DA:I is the one that destroyed the series.
>>
>>390027510
The mages because the narrative really wanted to drive home that the Templars were literal nazis while the mages dindu nuffin.
But then every time it turns out they're right and all mages are retarded and use blood magic because plot reasons
>>
>>390029532
DAO was an amazing game. DA2 was okay. The problem was that DAO set the bar too high, and people forget DAO was in development for like 9 years while DA2 was for like 9 months. At least now with contemporary Bioware games being as terrible as they are they make DA2 look good in comparison.

Also fuck whatever idiot thought it was good idea to redesign elves and darkspawn for DA2.
>>
>>390038193
>>Generally inferior effects.
I came the first time I used Winter's Bite, I don't follow you at all.
>>
da2 is one of the worst games of all time. if you like it just a little bit you are 100% a newfag
>>
>>390038324
To be honest I think the fight was over when we started seeing the first 20 minutes of the game.

>The Darkspawn model changes
>The almost fucking pink background area
>The dialogue wheel with "I want to be a dragon"
Before then people were either just slightly worried or still confident DA2 was going to at least vaguely resemble Origins, or at least Awakenings. At this point it was basically fucking doomed.
Hey while we're here? Anyone remember the threads about people doing unspeakably bad things or having unspeakably bad things happen to them, but then someone would post "I bought DA2" and everyone would sympathise?
Those threads were fucking great.
>>
DUDE WHAT IF WE REMOVED THE MORAL DILEMMA BETWEEN MAGES AND TEMPLARS BY INTRODUCING RED LYRIUM SO NOW YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO THINK AND BOTH CHOICES ARE THE CORRECT ONES LMAO FUCK YOU FAGGOT

if you like da2 you are a fucking subhuman and the reason rpgs are dead
>>
>>390038578
Pretty much. I honestly made around 2 approaches to the game and dropped it twice in around an hour or so. It was just absymal, and I don't get how people can actually rate it above 3/10. And I really enjoyed DA:O in the past, too.
>>
>>390038284
Some mages were.
I see magic as an allegory to the dangerous of knowledge (and tecnology in our world).
It's full of danger, but also full of hope for a better future that no one thing can provide.
The mages should have been trated more as a sector of research and development than simply a threat to be contained.
>>
>>390038661
I honest to god ploughed on to about the point your mother becomes frankenstein's monster.
I finished that part and decided that frankly I did not deserve what this game was doing to me. Not in a "oh my god how horrific" way, more in a "Please stop insulting me" way.
>>
>>390038717
Pretty sure this thing's an abomination, begin the purge.
>>
>>390038854
There are only a few games that are really so horrible in almost every way that you can't get yourself to finishing it, ever. And in my opinion DA2 is one of those games.

It's especially bad if you're starved for some RPG that you haven't played in your life while being an RPG fanatic.
>>
>>390027510
I chose to not play a shit game
>>
@everyone who's asking if Inquisition is worth playing.
The answer is YES, it's at least worth one playthrough, if you've ever been a fan of DA I don't see why other people's opinion of the game will deter you from Inquisition. Moreso if you've even managed the balls to finish playing DA2.
>>
File: 1501584454507.jpg (33KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501584454507.jpg
33KB, 480x512px
>>390039052
>go into the character creation screen
>want to add some hair and a beard
>it looks like greasy fucking plastic with no quality whatsoever
I know, muh graphics, but that shit irked me too much.
>>
>>390039161
Turn Meshes to High or anything higher than that.
>>
This game was a over the top, rushed recycled mess that Bioware churned out its hubris.
Why the recent increase in threads about it? It's not an amazing game franchise. Its setting is generic, it panders a lot to SJWs and pure fanservice. The gameplay itself is made of shit quests, lame combat and, DA2 in specific, ANOTHER WAVE.
>>
>>390039029
I think the time it was made just underscored how much of a fucking insult this game was. The last even remotely decent rpg we'd had was in fact origins, and before that it was a desert that went back all the way to Dale and BG2. It felt like we were seeing the end and the end wasn't the promised land, it wasn't even land. It was a swamp of sloppy execution and terrible writing, supported by a pungent bed of EA laughing and rubbing its hands together.

But if anyone actually enjoyed DA2, good for fucking you. Please do the same with Andromeda because you have a brain wired for masochism or the talent to find diamonds in a lake of shit.
>>
I've been playing through it with a bunch of mods. Managed to make my own so that Isabella looks like Fem!Hawke. Also gave her Bethany's prologue body for the big tits and so the skin would match.
>>
>>390027510
both factions are worthless the player should have the option to kill them all and give control to the proper authorities.
>>
>>390039308
How dos DA: O panders do SJW?
>>
>>390040062
Honestly the only one that really panders to SJWs is DA:I what with having a ton of side quests about LGBT shit.

Origins wasn't SJW unless you played a whiny elf and kept calling people racist or something. 2 honestly isn't SJW either, though I see people pointing to how all of the romance options except for the DLC one are bisexual. But I think it's fine for them to be bi because two of them are whiny elves, one of them is a pirate whore who has a ton of STDs she needs to cure with magic, and the last is a bipolar guy who becomes a terrorist.
>>
>>390040062
DA: O is the one good game out if the three though still generic
>>
>>390040062
It doesn't really. Unless you count gay romance as inherently SJW. The only DA game that really pushed for SJW pandering was Inquisition which ended up being the worst out of the 3 games.
>>
>>390038717
This anon gets it
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.