[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

File: NOGAEM.png (398KB, 966x400px) Image search: [Google]
NOGAEM.png
398KB, 966x400px
F
>>
>obsidian

And nothing of value, etc.
>>
File: DJBu00AUIAENHTq.jpg (51KB, 1153x882px) Image search: [Google]
DJBu00AUIAENHTq.jpg
51KB, 1153x882px
>>390016491
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
This was years ago.
>>
Wasn't Scalebound also Platinum's largest contract?
>>
>obsidian
>exclusive

It's like you made me not want to care. Twice.
>>
It appears microsoft xbox division is full of retards
they're literally throwing money away

I swear, I don't get why they do this. If I had a millions, I'd rather spend ten millions on a gamble that it will not be profitable than spend five millions and never try at all.
>>
>>390019021
>>390016779
>t. bethesdrones
>>
>>390016491
>I think i can help you guys
>>
>>390019096
they are scared too take chances and make stupid decisions.

i mean, look at the xbox one X. theres like no "killer app" to show off its power.
they are just relying on forza horizon and fucking tomb raider. literally nothing new. just fucking old games.
but hey, they run at 4k "naively" so i guess it doesnt matter, right?
>>
>>390019096
As a whole I think Micosoft has gotten so big it's fallen into a bureaucratic abyss. Only advanced AI will keep it streamlined and efficient, if that ever gets created.
>>
>>390019096
Maybe the game was shit? Ever consider that? People like to jump down MS throat for canning games but what if they were shit?
>>
>>390021535
Because Microsoft has been canning literally everything lately, even projects like Scalebound which seemed to have everything going for it.
>>
>>390016491
>MMO
>Power of the cloud

Fuck it, if this is the shit Cancersoft is gonna pump out I'd rather they kept cancelling them.
>>
>>390021606
>which seemed to have everything going for it.
Well, MS did see more of the game than we did and maybe it wasn't panning out, maybe it was shit.
>>
>>390022658
>having any faith in Microsoft or their sense of decision-making at this point
Sasuga, xbot
Maybe the xbone having games to play would be a good change instead
>>
File: 1378071602624.jpg (63KB, 261x433px) Image search: [Google]
1378071602624.jpg
63KB, 261x433px
Jesus Christ, this console has more cancelled games than exclusives
>>
>>390021606
>>390022658
>Scalebound had everything going for it
Did we watch the same footage? It looked incredibly slow and pretty damn boring even from the initial showing. Cool concept but poor execution, especially when they showed off their "biggest boss battle ever"
>>
File: 1502004182810.jpg (55KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1502004182810.jpg
55KB, 957x621px
>don mattrick
>40 men raids ie damage sponge bs
this game was doomed from the start and the next gen hadn't even started when it died
>>
>>390016491
So is Microsoft's plan with the Xbox is to make sure it has no games what so ever?
>>
File: emoji.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>people unironically buy an Xbox in 2017
>>
>>390021535
MS are a big reason why their own games are shit, they forced multiplayer into scalebound
>>
>>390016491
no wonder the xbone has no games
>>
File: wang.jpg (8KB, 154x177px) Image search: [Google]
wang.jpg
8KB, 154x177px
Man there's nothing redeemable about the xbone is there?
I'll bet they'll find some way to make Crackdown 3 suck.
>>
>>390023146
>>390022712
No not an Xbot sir, just saying that iI don't think MS would just cancel a cool ass game for 0 reason, especially after investing money in it, they must have seen something that told them this isn't going to be that good, or hell, maybe they canned Scalebound and instead want Bayo 3 exclusive, who knows.
>>
Wasn't this like 10 years ago?

Any way it seems that under the previous head the Xbox side was all fucked up. Phil looks to be rebooting most of these games if those recently leaks about MS rehiring devs to make them games in anything to go about.

I look forward to seeing how the "new" Xbox is from when the x1x releases and onwards
>>
Just stop making deals with them. They're going to cancel it every time.
>>
Honestly I think a majority of game developers know M$ is an easy chump to scam money off of and the industry proceeded to milk it for as much as it's worth until some M$ exec finally turns up and actually demands to see how development is going.
>>
>>390016491
Microsoft used to think that every game needs multiplayer to succeed, that's why they wanted to force it in every project no matter how
There was a statement by Phil not long ago saying that single player games had no leverage on the industry anymore or something
Then a few weeks later Zelda and Horizon came out and he looked like a retard
>>
>>390025449
And a few weeks after that pubg came out and has outsold all those games 10:1. He's exactly right with what he says. Any attractive MP game will have a much bigger impact than any attractive SP game. Just look at how many people are pre ordering and buying Xboxs just because of that one game coming to the platform. The number one most requested game on ps4 is also pubg and not these shitty Japanese games that /v/has deluded itself into thinking everyone wants.
>>
>>390016491
ONLY ON THE XBAWKS ONE XXX
>>
>>390016491
Microsoft just keeps cancelling games huh? I'm glad I've never bought an Xbox. I'm normally in favor of more competition but honestly Microsoft adds zero value to the industry and should just stop making consoles. Let another contender fill the void, hopefully someone less cancerous.
>>
>>390023234
Getting 3 studios make it at once is a pretty good way
>>
>>390022760
It seemed like the kind of crap normies and kids would enjoy, which is the primary audience of the xbone.
>>
So, does Xbone actually have any worthwhile exclusives? Seems like that each remotely interesting gets cancelled
>>
>>390025671
The thing is that PUBG is lightning in a bottle and it will be almost impossible to replicate its success. Basing your entire business model on an edge case is monumentally retarded. You can't force it on every single game and expect it to work out.
>>
>>390025993
And they didn't. Games like SO, FH3 etc didn't have any forced MP. People have taken his words the wrong way. He said what everyone knows to be fact but he didn't say he's suddenly going to make every Xbox game MP. He was giving his two cents on how the market is working and he wasn't wrong about it. Why would he also be attempting to hire dev teams to make compelling single player games for Xbox as per the recent leak if he only had faith in MP games?
>>
>>390025449
As the other guy says it, Phil is right, if he wasn't, games like Uncharted or the Last of us wouldn't have multiplayer but instead more content for the single player, Horizon is already being forgotten but Zelda games always have weight specially this one because is one of the most importing titles in the switch and the reason many people bought it in the first place.
>>
Please microsoft, bring more games, you're tearing apart Phil, you really are, Bring Don Mattrick back, that leaf knows how to work.
>>
>>390016779
>>390019021

Fuck off Todd
>>
>>390026762
Shut up Obsidiot, I hate them for ruining the Dungeon Siege franchise with 3 and leaving KOTOR 2 unfinished, imstead of 3 we got TORtanic.
>>
>>390016491
Obsidian fails at making yet another game?
I fail to see how this is news.
>>
>>390027035
I'm glad for all million releases of Skyrim too, Toddler.
>>
>>390025008
They obviously tried to pull a Zenimax with Platinum and Obsidian but they managed to survive it.
>>
>>390027350
t. Sawyercuck
>>
>>390027356
Jesus fucking Christ thank god. Imagine Platinum and Obsidian under M$
truly a fate worse than death
>>
>>390016491
Microsoft just taking L's up the ass like they're Alexis Texas.
>>
>>390027356
I was thinking about the same thing yeah. Also, I read an interview with Sawyer a few days ago where he mentioned how much freedom MS gave them with putting all sorts of crazy ideas in Stormlands.
It doesn't necessarily have to be that, but it kinda sounds to me they didn't really gave a shit about the game and planned to cancel it all along.
>>
File: IMG_3041.jpg (29KB, 404x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3041.jpg
29KB, 404x267px
>>390019598
>There too scared to take chances

This is wrong. Microsoft wants to be the "New Valve" and have every game of theirs reinvent the wheel, the problem is that their first party dev teams consist of toddlers sticking crayons up their noses and any Independent developers they sign up with want to stay in their comfort zone. Their ambition is too big, Obsidian showed them a demo in the shitty DS3 engine and Microsoft pushes for stuff like the million-man raid to try and inspire them to do more, and I doubt Scalebound originally had those co-op bossfights with you crawling around in the creatures.

They want more Mass Effects and Halo CEs, not GAME by [Popular Developer] with an Xbox logo on the case.
>>
>>390027791
Why? They might actually have some quality control in their games.

Both devs have a history of making better games when a larger company was breathing down their necks and forcing them to make something. On their own they're pretty unremarkable.
>>
It looks fucking awful. Obsidiots BTFO
>>
File: IMG_2380.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2380.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>390027356
>They Obviously tried to pull a Zenimax

Fucking what? This is the company that bought Minecraft we are talking about right? Milestone Manipulation would be a massive waste of time and resources and Platinum/Obsidian would be making mobile games just to stay afloat.
>>
>>390028835
I don't know the situation at MS, so you could be right, but both Platinum and Obsidian were pretty much about to shutdown after the cancellation of their games but Automata and Pillars saved them respectively.
>>
>>390016779
Butthurt obsidrone's incoming ! Oh wait....i'm already late.
>>
>>390026762
>everyone who doesn't like obsidian is todd

Obsidiot Education.
>>
So is the Xbox One just one large elaborate plan by Microsoft to just prank game developers?
>>
>>390028992
It was canceled a around a year after Pillars announcement IIRC. Obsidian was flushed with crowdfunding money that they were able to salvage Stormlands into Tyranny, it doesn't seem like they had any troubles.

Automata probably helped Platinum recoup losses but Scalebound isn't entirely to blame for the situation their past few releases were shitty shovelware titles.
>>
>xbone literally has more cancelled games than exclusives

i feel bad for any drone faggot that bought one
>>
>>390029549
>Xbone has less worthwhile games than Wii U does

Its not even funny anymore
>>
>>390029325
It's possible, Platinum said if Automata hadn't been as successful as it turned out they'd be in big trouble after Scalebound got cancelled.
>>
>>390029413
You made me doubt for a second, but I just checked, they started working on it in 2011 and cancelled it in 2012. Stormlands changed concept many many times before it became Tyranny, like 3 or 4 times over many years, they're totally different games aside from sharing the fantasy post-apocaliyptic setting.
They were in serious financial troubles around that time, stated by the company many times.

About Platinum, the shovelware titles, even if they didn't sell all that much, they cost almost nothing to make because it's Activision we're talking about, so even if we don't have the exact numbers, we just know. I don't think they made a lot of money with that, but I seriously doubt it hurt financially. I would think Bayo 2 and W101 would be more responsible for their economical troubles than the Activision games, and even those I don't think they lost that much money, if at all.
>>
>>390026513

mattrick started this whole mess by saying that people who can't get internet connections at home should stick with the 360. It was so bad even the dewrito pope himself called him out on it.

Fact is: Microsoft doesn't care about consumer computing anymore.
>>
>>390029884
Mattrick change the business and make xbox a succes, you can't blame him for looking into the future, many people call the move "ahead of his time", i wish he was back.
>>
>>390029884
But Mattrick isn't even at Microsoft anymore, what he said stopped having any weight when the Yes Man took charge.
>>
>>390016779
fuck off bethboy
>>
File: Screenshot_20170912-155136.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170912-155136.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Weird, why Microsoft jumped into PC gaming bandwagon again? Also age of empire definitive editions looks like it was designed for console...
>>
At the rate they're going Xbox One X will be cancelled.
>>
>>390017759
but i thought he was /ourguy/
>>
>>390030171
It looks like Age 2 HD's UI
>>
>>390030448
But the big font and UI are not.
>>
>>390030476
I'm not seeing it, it'd be impossible to quickly do commands/formations and build without stopping the game, most console RTS use radial wheels to do that stuff.

The big font is the least you should be worrying about with those ass ugly 3D graphics
>>
Its because shareholders HATE the Xbox brand. It has lost the company billions (over 10 billion since the brand's inception) , and they are unwilling and are unwilling to support new ventures unless they are guaranteed successes like a Halo or Forza.

If a big movie star backed blockbuster like Quantum Break flopped, why support some shitty jap game about dragons or some shitty RPG by literally whos?
>>
File: every xbone exclusive.jpg (307KB, 1090x785px) Image search: [Google]
every xbone exclusive.jpg
307KB, 1090x785px
>>390016491
Reminder.
>>
>>390031091
Because xbox needs game to enter the Asian market.
>>
/v/ would have blwon a gasket if the xbox one launched with a Obsidian exclusive game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431194

According to neogaffots they are actively looking for new studios to work with. Imagine the meltdown on here if they bought Obsidian or PUBG
>>
File: 1489294880894.jpg (264KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1489294880894.jpg
264KB, 560x560px
>>390031171
>Nintendo Switch already has more and better exclusives in 6 months.
>>
>hurr durr they're cancelling everything they hate money and are a mess
Most of the cancelled games likely weren't going to make money, they didn't really have mass appeal. They started a wide spread of products that probably wouldn't sell but would look neat and would normally have some appeal to at least a portion of the core market each, never put much money in directly but promised a lot later, always with the intention to cancel them but make their console look like it had exclusives coming during a critical period.

How the fuck is this not common knowledge yet?
>>
>Awful weeb game stops being a Nintendo/Sony exclusive
>2 threads per hour

>Dead Rising 4 stops being a "Microsoft exclusive"
>Literally nobody cares or even talks about it
>>
>>390031994
Are you implying Dead Rising 4 isn't awful?
>>
>>390031994
Are you implying anybody here cares about Microsoft?
>>
>>390016779
Actually despite all the people pissing and moaning at you you're completely right. The obsidian that people like, the obsidian that made FO:NV for example doesn't exist anymore. Like Bioware it's just some random people using that name.
>>
>>390016491
So, Microsoft wants Xbox to sell, but they're doing anything to prevent it from selling?
What the hell is this shit?
>>
File: worried witch_face.png (218KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
worried witch_face.png
218KB, 600x568px
>>390029413
I don't think Obsidian was really flush with money as much as PoE Kickstarter let them avoid bankruptcy. From what I remember in that documentary they said they literally had a bankruptcy dated marked on the calendar in case Kickstarter failed. Things got THAT bad after they had to fire half the team following Stormlands' cancellation and generally not doing so well.
>>
>>390031449
>Nintendo Switch already has more and better exclusives in 6 months.

Switch owner here could you actually list them? because as far as I'm aware it has next to no exclusives at all.
>>
>>390017759
It was cancelled before Phil became the head of Xbox.
>>
>>390032310
I'm pretty sure Obsidian that made New Vegas is around considering Sawyer was top dog on that. Avellone was more important for DLC, but it was Sawyer and others, especially guy behind OOO whom they hired, that impacted New Vegas itself.
>>
>>390016491
>largest contract
>literally who

ok
>>
>asked platinum to make a game
>cancels it
>asked obsidian to make a game
>cancels it

really activates my almonds
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.