[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the season pass cost almost twice as much as the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: todd howard.png (81KB, 703x161px) Image search: [Google]
todd howard.png
81KB, 703x161px
Why does the season pass cost almost twice as much as the game?
>>
>>390013554
what's the matter? don't want to play the complete game the way it was meant to be played? just buy it anon.
>>
File: tood.png (136KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
tood.png
136KB, 360x240px
Well, the thing with Fallout 4 is that the base content is so great that Bethesda had to really dig deep, DEEP into their pockets to afford to make DLC that's even better. This has resulted in large overhead that I'm sure that if you buy it, you'll find is justified, check it out, you'll love it!
>>
>>390013554
What does a season pass do?
>>
>50 dollar srp for season trash
and here i though nobody could top the arkham knight season trash
>>
>>390014704
Waste idiots money and ruin the industry
>>
>>390014762
but what is functionality
>>
>increase the price of the season pass because they are going to release even more content for it
>release 2 regular sized DLCs and a bunch of trash
really activates my almonds
>>
>>390014915
It's like pre-ordering DLC
>>
>>390015043
can anyone not give me an retarded answer please?

is it like a seaosn pass for a theme park where you can play for a half year? why cant you play forever?
>>
>>390013554
Because somehow despite making really mediocre games Bethesda has gained a really loyal and large fanbase. I still can believe they milk that 1950s these still. That whole game series eats it.
>>
File: 1396064471046.gif (3MB, 675x380px) Image search: [Google]
1396064471046.gif
3MB, 675x380px
>Bought Fallout collection during the Bethesda sale since I'm new to PC gaming and didn't have any of the games
>Fallout 1 & 2 are shit, nostalgia is the only thing keeping those games alive
>Fallout 3 is fucking broken, doesn't launch at all on Windows 10
>New Vegas is good
>Fallout 4 is kinda shit but the second best of the collection
>Didn't bother with the tactics game because it just looks like more of the same of 1 & 2

Boy I sure am glad I paid $60 in 2017 for New Vegas, Bethesda got me fucking good.
>>
>>390015243
Considering you're a fucking retard any answer given would just seem retarded to you.
>>
>>390015243
It actually is pre-ordering dlc
>>
>>390015243
No, it literally is pre-ordering DLC
You buy the season pass, and you get access to the major DLC packs as they release
>>
>>390015243
He literally just told you retard.

A season pass is like pre ordering a set amount of dlc at a "discount". So if they sell 3 pieces of dlc for 20 bucks and the season pass is "only" 50 bucks for those 3, you get all 3 when they come out for 10 dollars off.

It's basically incentive for devs to shit out anything and call it dlc and to keep people invested in the game. It's a promise that they'll at least give you something

However, even with how greedy season passes are, they found a way to make it worse. Like I said, it's now a set amount of DLC. So if they say 3 dlcs, they mean 3. If they release a 4th, then you're fucked and can't get it even though you paid the same price as the game for it. Some games even have multiple season passes...

The absolute fucking nerve.
>>
>>390015671
>>390015706
pre-ordering dlc

that doesnt make fucking sense
>>
>>390016289
Neither is pre-ordering games in general, but people still fucking do it anyway
>>
File: 1160616685003.jpg (75KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1160616685003.jpg
75KB, 300x360px
>>390013554
You can pirate the DLC, put it in the data folder, and play the legitimate game normally with the DLC activated even though you never purchased them. You also get achievements for them.
>>
>>390016289
Surprise, that's why everybody hates it. It's a marketing stunt, just like preordering games in general.
>>
>>390015243
you have to be 18 to post here

But a season pass is you pay one lower price for all the DLC
>>
>>390015578
you've got shit taste and im glad i dont know you
>>
Publishers began pushing Season Passes because they knew they could half-ass all the components while convincing the suckers that it was a "good deal." The funniest thing is Todd jacked the price of his shitty Season Pass up because there was SOOO MUUUUCH MOAR CONTENT THAN THEY FIRST PROMISED (except it was all shit, like Fallout 4 in general.)

and now he wants to get even fatter by monetizing mods and making a lot of money while Bethesda does absolutely nothing.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.