[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if some MMO start rewarding it's own crypto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

What would happen if some MMO start rewarding it's own crypto rather than simply gold points?
>>
Then it'd be worthless because no one would spend an infinite amount of crypto dollars into the void?

But then again that's basically every crypto dollar, so who knows.
>>
>>390002653
a single bitcoin is worth 5k now bro.

if anything the dollar is the worthless garbage.
>>
Mite b cool
>>
the amount of chink bots "playing" it would crash the servers
>>
>>390002741
A single piece of a technically infinite resource is worth five thousand dollars. There is nothing stopping the amount of bitcoins in the world from growing. Even if the person/company managing them were to give their word or legal binding that they wouldn't just generate more, there's nothing stopping them from honestly doing so.

People are enamored over a resource that can be massively inflated in quantity, and so little seem to consider that threat. Why do you think it's bad for our government to print out currency constantly?
>>
>>390002550
would be neat, as it's first the first time people have tacked crypto onto other things to encourage interaction (like that social media platform whose name I've forgotten), but mmos attract chink botters like flies to shit and handing out crypto just speeds up their gold farming
>>
>>390003215
You don't understand how bitcoin works, dude.
>>
File: 1505027306648.gif (83KB, 379x387px) Image search: [Google]
1505027306648.gif
83KB, 379x387px
>>390003215
>There is nothing stopping the amount of bitcoins in the world from growing. Even if the person/company managing them were to give their word or legal binding that they wouldn't just generate more, there's nothing stopping them from honestly doing so.
>>
>>390003215
>they can print againts the laws of math
>>
>>390003215

this is bait right
>>
>>390003215
There is a finite amount of bitcoin actually. Bitcoins are solutions to a finite number of math problems.
>>
>>390003276
>>390003298
>>390003327
>>390003395
>>390003418

Feel free to show any evidence that the person who made Bitcoin couldn't just flood the internet with it.
>>
i would really hate this mmo's community. like really.
>>
File: why.png (10KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
10KB, 216x233px
>>390002741
>if I had spent a day mining bitcoin a few years ago I would be a millionaire today
>i very nearly tried it out just to see how it works, but got bored

feels doubleplusungood
>>
>>390003556
>all those people who mined a bunch but lost their wallets
>>
>>390003462
Unless the guy who made bitcoin has access to infinite amounts of computation power, he can't do that. He doesn't know the math solutions required to 'print' more bitcoin. Only a computer can find them out.

And it gets harder every time a bitcoin is found
>>
>>390003462
>I don't know nothing about crypto

>>390003556
how much a cheap miner cost today?
>>
>>390003462
It's an open source protocol that allows for bits of data from a finite pool to be "found" by users via a blockchain. "the guy who made it" doesn't even exist.
>>
>>390003629
How does that happen anyway?

To 'have' bitcoin, what do you need to do? I keep hearing about people putting it in a 'bank' and somehow the bank steals all of it.
>>
>>390003556
>do a little mining for funsies back in 2011
>forget about it
>btc hits retarded heights
>cant give drive to recovery professionals because of all the CP they'd find
jk of course but you know
>>
>>390003897
I hear people store it on USB drives

bad idea though given how fast flash memory decays. You want your bitcoin on physical storage (discs) I reckon. Failing that, a hard drive kept well clear of anything magnetic.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.