[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terraria's Corruption Control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: separations.png (71KB, 894x664px) Image search: [Google]
separations.png
71KB, 894x664px
Hi!

I've been playing on my world in Terraria for about 3 days now, and I think I'm ready for Hardmode. I've been there once, and it was a mess. The Corruption went everywhere, leaving my world in pain. So this time, I'm making some hellevators from top to bottom, about 4-6 blocks wide, trapping the Corruption inside of them. Is this gonna help control it? I'm really scared. Would sunflowers help?

The lines show where the hellevators are gonna be.
>>
Yeah that should be good if I remember correctly.
>>
It will stop that corruption patch, but when you beat the Wall of Flesh a giant V goes through your world with one side of the V being corruptio and the other being the hollow. If that V goes through your hellevators then they're practically useless as the corruption will still spread..
>>
>>390002312
Crap. Is there any way I can remove that Crimson V without wasting 1k of platinum?
>>
>>390002312
In what world did they ever think this was good game design? I played terraria hundreds of hours and when they added this I stopped and never ever went back

the world is my world, not to be ruined with random shit and destroy the original biomes. you dont RUIN a players world, you can add to it, but you cant fucking ruin it
>>
>>390002430
No, but depending on where the V spawns it might not even be a problem. If it is then you'll just have to dig another Hellevator or a trench around the part of the world your house is at. Unless it spawns through the Jungle it won't be a big deal.
>>
>>390002615
It pissed me off too, one of my first playthroughs the Corruption ended up going right underneath my snow biome house and it ruined everything. I guess they couldn't figure a way to put the Hollow in neatly so they just said fuck it.
>>
>>390002631
Sorry about my ignorance. What happens if it spawns in the jungle?
>>
>>390002769
thats exactly what happened to me I had a big house made of dirt and I ran my world as a server for friends, come back and theres fucking rainbow unicorns prancing around my dirt house
>>
>>390002808
Literally the worst biome is created.
>>
File: 1504739226445.jpg (23KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
1504739226445.jpg
23KB, 600x386px
Sorry, never played Terraria. What's this corruption?
>>
>>390002615
>the world is my world, not to be ruined with random shit and destroy the original biomes
Worlds are disposable, you autist.
>B-but muh buildings
Don't enter hardmode then.
>>
If you are butthurt about corruption then erase it with tedit
>>
File: BiomeBannerCorruption.png (35KB, 464x124px) Image search: [Google]
BiomeBannerCorruption.png
35KB, 464x124px
>>390003107
Is the bad part of the world. Once you defeat a boss called "Wall of Flesh", it starts to move. It starts to "eat" your world, turning everything into gray-ish purple and sadness.
>>
>>390002808
Bad shit. Corruption can eat your jungle completely, but you generally have plenty of time to take care of it. After you beat Plantera the rate of corruption slows down greatly.

>>390002430
Not really.
What I'd suggest is digging several more Hellevators in anticipation of the extra corruption being added. Dig them around your jungle for sure.

Also keep in mind: Digging hardmode ores spawns extra small patches of corruption, like one block per ore you mine.
The more division you have to help sequester off corruption, the better.
>>
>>390003358
Sounds retarded
>>
>>390002808
>>390003361
Oh, also: Corruption takes longer to eat jungle than other biomes, because it has to convert mud to dirt to corruption.
Keep in mind that corruption can't eat bare dirt, only dirt with grass on it. Sunflowers won't help in hardmode.
>>
>>390003502
The world changing like that makes it a bit more interesting than Minecraft to me.
>>
>>390003643
I mean yeah, but holy shit, they went a little hardcore on that in my opinion.
>>
>>390003764
nothing in Terraria is particularly hard.
the only thing difficult is "how much prep time do you want to spend on this? less = harder"
>>
>>390003764
Combating it takes some patience but I still kinda like it I guess.
>>
>>390003507
>>390003361
Thank you, anons. bless your heart and soul, wherever you are.
>>
>>390002101
That is possibly pointless depending of the corruption's position on your map. Like >>390002312 said, The "V" (actually a badly-shaped "X", it's easier to see it on bigger worlds) will just wreck everything. Also, Don't forget that breaking demon altars will create "corruption seeds" on random parts of the underground, and they can reach other biomes (specially annoying with underground deserts, since sand is very easy to corrupt).
The best solution is to build your house around the your first spawn point (center of the world, this place never get hit by the "V" corruption), then create simple 5-blocks wide corruption-immune walls (no need to make hell elevators, but something like 8 blocks above and below ground would be good) to protect the default biome (make the are as big as you want it to be).
After you get used to hard mode, get a Clentaminator and go save some biomes. Dirt biomes like the default one are easy to clear, but stuff like ice will either be very annoying or very easy since snow blocks (the surface of the biome) are immune to corruption, but ice blocks aren't (and sometimes that last corrupted block is bitch to find since it is hidden in the middle of all that snow).

>>390002430
Ammo isn't that expensive, just can't use it like a flamethrower if you are really poor.
>>
>>390004278
Forgot to add, don't bother with deserts unless you are ready to go all out with ammo and hole-digging adventures, a single forgotten block can ruin all your progression in a few ingame days because sand blocks have a corruption/mind-break fetish.
>>
File: 1502705080035.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502705080035.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>390002808
>>
>>390002312
this
>>
File: terraria autism.jpg (2MB, 2124x3352px) Image search: [Google]
terraria autism.jpg
2MB, 2124x3352px
>>390003167
>you're not allowed to play this building game like you want to, whaaa
You're the polar opposite of this autist
still pretty autistic though
>>
>>390004884
>corrupted mud turns to dirt
rip jungle
>>
>>390003502
You're retarded.
>>
>corruptors used to spit corruption
>clown bombs used to break blocks
Modern terraria is too casual. I liked when hardmode meant i had to fortify my house.
Now i dont have to do shit
>>
>>390005512
To be fair, this "enemies affecting environment" feature was mostly pointless. Both of these enemies are mostly minor issues, and their powers had little to no impact on the player's habits after the first time you deal with them. Corruptor dropped a seed on your garden? One click with your laser-shitting sword to kill the fucker, another click with a pickaxe to kill the seed. Blood Moon time? One less reason to go back home, back to the usual digging/grinding/etc. Removing it changed almost nothing in the game.
>>
File: 4557591.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
4557591.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>>390005141
is he still going?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.