[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>best loot is extremely rare why do games do this? you should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6906.jpg (94KB, 502x1331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6906.jpg
94KB, 502x1331px
>best loot is extremely rare
why do games do this? you should be able to buy all gear with currency. make it hard to get by costing a fuck ton. don't make it impossible because "lol 1% drop rate but if you kill 100 enemies that doesn't guarantee you the item"
>>
>medium rarity gear doesnt have most DPS but is still very dependable
>>
because in most games you passively accumulate money but farming a specific area/enemy makes you actively try and get it
They are both inferior methods compared to the best loot dropping from extremely difficult super bosses though
>>
>>389995247
That's not very different in the long run, even if it's RNG it's going to average out to a time investment interval of how much you need to farm to get it. Farming currency is the same and is usually based on RNG in some way too, it comes down to some average farming time investment requirement and while it could perhaps be more reliable it will also have its fair share of variability.

I agree with you though, I much prefer making some visible, even if small, progress towards an objective rather than killing 987324 mobs for seemingly no gain and then suddenly getting it on my 987325th kill.
>>
>>389995490
This. A 100% drop from a boss that takes you 100 tries to actually beat is infinitely better.
>>
File: 1478003793503.png (224KB, 559x322px) Image search: [Google]
1478003793503.png
224KB, 559x322px
>>389995247
Because gambling is addicting. People keep clicking away in hopes the next one is the one and that hope is what keeps them going.
>>
>>389996570
that's not gambling. there's no stakes.
>>
>>389996570
Then add a fucking poker mini game and let me gamble.
>>
>>389996848
It's gambling with your time, put in x amount of hours for a chance at y.
>>
>>389996848
Gambling is the excitement of a big reward being possibly just around the corner in exchange for a comparatively small investment. The investment being in money rather than time has nothing to do with it, the threat of losing money is not the fun part.
>>
>>389995247

I know this is a bait post but anyone that believes that medium-well is elder god tier deserves to be raped with an auger.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.