[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dark Souls III is a bad game Justify this opinion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15

File: DS3.jpg (1014KB, 1200x1575px) Image search: [Google]
DS3.jpg
1014KB, 1200x1575px
>Dark Souls III is a bad game

Justify this opinion.
>>
>>389990707
Dark Souls II*
>>
>>389990707
Dark Souls*
>>
>>389990707
Demon Souls*
>>
>>389990707
I can't. It's a great game.
>>
I don't think its a bad game, but
>extremely linear in comparison to other souls games
>bosses are either fuckhuge combo mcfuckface or gimmicky oneoffs
>gameplay imbalancing because of added Bloodborne-tier speed while having none of the mechanics that made BB flow so well. For example, poise and stun timings
>PVP is garbage like always
>level design is great but environments themselves are boring as fucking fuck, the first interesting and actually fun area in the game is irithyll, and even that is basically a linear hallway
>DLC overpriced and unsatisfying as an ending to the entire series
>>
I got you senpai
>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>A third of the game is a swamp
>the game punishes invaders and encourages ganking
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks

>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao
>>
>>389991279
>"extremely linear in comparison to other souls games"
>"level design is great but.."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>389990707
>Justify this opinion.

sod off
>>
>extremely linear
>fanfic tier story and lore , even cringeworth at soem points
>tries to be BB so much
>feels nothing like a souls game
>zero replayability
>shit pvp
>boring recycled areas (faron keep, demon ruins, anor londo)
>boring bosses (roll, roll, attack)

Now please stop doing these shilling threads
>>
DaS 2 cucks grasping desperately at straws. It's an easy target compared to the other 3 solid entries that the joke of a game that is DaS 2 had to contend with. DaS 2 cucks were bullied to oblivion in souls threads before 3 came up, and they had an easy deflection target. They quickly went from "it's just as bad!" to "look 2 is now good in comparison!". A lot of them take the shitposting to a new level by even claiming their shitty my first souls is as good as, or even better than 1, Demon's, or BB. They usually go for Demon's or BB, because most DaS 2 fanboys are die hard PCbros.
>>
>>389991439
>A third of the game is a swamp
it really wasn't that long
>>
>>389990707
Its not bad, just kinda boring and repetitive, every boss plays the same and a lot of builds aren't viable.
>>
>>389991519

He did mean he is a pleb with shit taste. Dark Souls 3 level design is absolute shit
>>
It´s Bloodborne but not good
>>
you're in a swamp for majority of the game
>>
I think it's ok. The PvE is pretty good but the multiplayer / PvP components are hilariously bad.

Invasions are too lopsided against the invader and co-op is shit because you can basically stunlock most bosses if you have competent summons.
>>
>>389991519
>>389991663
I'm glad I'm not this stupid. Just because the game is overall more linear doesn't mean it doesn't have some good areas.
>>
>>389991519
>>389991663
Individual level design - as in, how the level is laid out, how the enemies work with the level design, how they are paced out - work well and are pretty great. The themes themselves are what makes the levels bad/boring. The high wall, settlement, swamp 1, swamp 2 and swamp 3 are all generic shit we've seen already.
>>
it's basically bloodborne, but without the stuff that made bloodborne good
>>
It's made by From Software. Of course it's bad.

There. What do I win?
>>
>>389991967
A ps4 doesnt make a game good you fucking sperg
>>
>>389991896

>good areas

Name 1 (one)
>>
>>389991439
>no arena

??
>>
File: catacombs of carthus.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
catacombs of carthus.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>389991279
>>389991519
>>389991565
>>389991439
>All these plebs
>>
>>389992164

What chalice dungeon is that? And why does it look like fucking shit?
>>
>>389992063

You win a trip to the gas chambers bucko.
>>
>>389990707
It usually gets me a couple (you)'s
>>
>ITT: we hate videogames
>>
>>389992392

No, we hate Dark Souls 3
Now kill yourself please
>>
>DaS II is a bad game

Look at Scholar of the First Sin and say that again you fucking cum guzzlers
>>
>>389990707
I thought so too until going back and actually finishing III during a replay of all 3 dark souls recently.
I can safely say Dark Souls II, while having some more memorable/comfy places and parts in it, is the worst and complete dog shit of the three.
>>
>>389992471
No, we don't. DS3 is the best in the series.
Now kill yourself please
>>
File: 1499449493491.gif (67KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
1499449493491.gif
67KB, 192x197px
>>389990707
Worst multiplayer in the series.

It has little to no depth in terms of pvp combat.

>R1 spam and roll right after
>repeat x50
>someone finally gets hit
>moves back and heals in half a second
>Repeat this until invader loses war of attrition.

The shit factor is amplified if you're doing a random invasion and get a guy with 3 summons and then defended by multiple blues who still continues to roll spam away from you with little to no effort.

You are almost forced to use a ultras/hornet playstyle to win. You have to end the fight instantly with a small group of OP high damage cookie cutter weapons/builds or almost certainly lose. You could certainly get away with a wider variety of builds in previous games. compared to this shit show.
>>
>>389992494

It's still not a very good Souls game imo.

The major sin of Dark Souls 2 was that it did things differently than 1 and 3
>>
>>389992392
welcome to /v/
>>
>>389992654

>>major sin of Dark Souls 2 was that it did things differently than 1 and 3
>different is bad

Nice Reddit mentality you have there
>>
>>389992602

Because you are a retarded pc nigger that never played BB, stop discussing series you dont know shit about
>>
File: 1488115726605.jpg (38KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
1488115726605.jpg
38KB, 1200x680px
>>389992856
>BB
>He thinks it's not a meaningless spin-off

Damn you cuckborne fags are really going of the rails lately, huh?
>>
>>389992767
Both 2 and 3 aren't very good games, cry about it.
>>
File: image00267.jpg (411KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image00267.jpg
411KB, 1357x1920px
Inspiration was missing in the levels of the main game, with Lothric just turning into muh Archives again though it had a cool boss.

Archdragon and the DLC were the high points.
>>
>>389992767

>Reddit mentality

What does that even mean?

But yeah i feel like it is its major downfall instead of focusing on more 1v1 combat or combat on a smaller scale it tried to amp up the difficulty by introducing multiple enemies per encounter. Dark Souls 3 does this too to a lesser extent but the point still stands Dark Souls 2 tried something different and it did not pay off very well.

Good game but very much inferior when compared to Dark Souls 1 and Demons Souls.
>>
By being a worse game than DS1 and BB, effectively making it pointless.
Just a lot of hack shit, phoned in garbage that was made because of a contractual obligation rather than anyone wanting to make it.

Shills go
>m-muh sequel!
as if this justifies all the recycled content and "'member X from DARK SOULS 1 XD!?!?!" ad nauseum. Niggers, a sequel can still be trash if it doesn't actually expand on anything or bring these characters back for a good narrative purpose. Even shit like Gwyndolin where it's like - ok, you've brought him back for a reason because he's important to Eldritch - they don't even give him any dialogue in the cutscene or boss fight which would've made it 1000x more interesting and fairly spooky. Just a shallow puppet that could be replaced with anyone, fucking Aldrich Smough would be a better fight and probably more thematically accurate.
It was pretty funny watching lorefags get BTFO in both DLCs as From introduced a bunch of literally who's and memed at you with shit like notMaria and Patches, but you have to concede that they had a slight point. From goes to the Painted World, then uses the setting to insert some devs fucking autistic OC to waifu Priscilla, who doesn't even show up.
>>
File: 4chan_meme_wojak_pc 1.jpg (182KB, 978x972px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_meme_wojak_pc 1.jpg
182KB, 978x972px
>>389992948
>Damn you cuckborne fags are really going of the rails lately, huh?
>>
File: 20170524194435_1.jpg (677KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170524194435_1.jpg
677KB, 1920x1080px
>>389992649
>try and low level pvp
>total shit fest, everyone has a phantom with them and if they dont a blue is summoned seconds later
>now I cant do anything but stare at them as they spin in circles because they seriously think im going to try and 2v1 when the blue has that stupid frost mace
Only thing I liked about DS3 was the Demon Knuckles which always launched people but it took a ton of FP and the knuckles were also the worst fucking weapon in the game, right next to my favorite katana Bloodlust.
Also every covenant save for basic bitch reds and purples functioned like total dogshit. So much that you had to farm enemy for the low as fuck drop covenant items while DS2 made it easy as fuck.
>>
>>389993642
It's like that at every soul level. People gave up trying to fight at all, and I'm not talking about that honorabu duel shit.

People just hide until summons arrive and you're forced into a 20-30 minute stalemate that you will eventually lose unless you hit them with some shenanigans.

Shenanigans can be fun for a little bit, but I'm not going to dump 1k hours on it like I did in DaS1.
>>
File: 1499922525298.png (327KB, 892x528px) Image search: [Google]
1499922525298.png
327KB, 892x528px
>>389993642
The moment I put the game down and stopped playing is when I killed 2 blues just to have 2 more summoned less than 10 seconds from me killing the previous ones and the host resummoned his twinked friend. This happened twice in a single invasion. The host just had >30% roll with the i-frame ring on to he would never get near me.

Like how in the living hell do I even deal with that?
>>
>>389994330
Use an Estoc

Pretty simple...
>>
Now everything has to be completely asspulled, made-up bullshit, because if you refer to any previous installment in any way, there will be an instant chorus of
>MEMBER THIS
>I CLAPPED
wannabe RLM fucks who can't actually commit to a single critical thought of their own.
>>
File: keepcrying.jpg (82KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
keepcrying.jpg
82KB, 920x900px
>>389992948
NEVER EVER
>>
>>389994330
by gitting gud you fucking scrub
I welcome the blue shitters, it's easy to dominate these fucks, the fact that you have trouble dealing with more than one person, points out how bad you are atthis game, go play something else.
>>
File: 1473433010209.jpg (177KB, 1160x788px) Image search: [Google]
1473433010209.jpg
177KB, 1160x788px
>>389994330
>fucking up a phantom of the host
>host sends him back with the crystal
>chase his faggot ass around, b-lines it to the bonfire just to re-summon his buddy and another phantom to boot
>no estus left so I just crystal out
How fucking cowardly can you get? You have a fucking weapon too, cant you at least TRY and fight me?
>>
File: -1postlimit.gif (477KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
-1postlimit.gif
477KB, 480x359px
>>389994676
I know you feel the same way, you cant hide it with bravado.
Here's a (you) for your effort though

>>389994732
He can't have you getting that free estus.
>>
I thought it was bretty good.

I don't know why everyones so mad about it.

PvP fags have good reason to hate it, but invading was pretty fun.
>>
>>389991439
>>389991279
>>389991565

Why do Dark Souls 3 shills always ignore this?
>>
File: 1494931265005.png (192KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1494931265005.png
192KB, 500x411px
>>389994732
>Black crystal out

Get back here so I can point down and drop dung pies on you with my buddies
>>
>>389995302
because most of it isnt even true and just shitty opinions from a nostalgic fat ass
>>
File: pigeon.jpg (67KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
pigeon.jpg
67KB, 428x500px
>>389995302
Because they are fundamentally incorrect, anon.
We just don't bother to argue with them.
>>
>>389990707
Lack of poise.
>>
>>389995132
There are a lot of PvP fags.

I don't take the PvP seriously and I think anyone who does is retarded, but I'd be lying if I said I was still playing Souls games for the PvE. That shit got stale a long time ago.
>>
>Demon's Souls
A game about exploration and atmosphere with Gothic imagery.
>Dark Souls
A game about exploration and atmosphere with an interconnected world and great boss/enemy variety.
>Dark Souls II
A game with a higher emphasis on combat designed to be challenging more so than atmospheric.
>Blood Borne
A fast paced atmospheric action game that slowly reveals its hand.
>Dark Souls III
A fast paced action game treading ground we've already covered with an emphasis on two phased boss fights.

First two are my favorite but I don't think From did a very good job with fast paced gameplay with either Blood Borne or Dark Souls III. Dark Souls II sometimes feels like a fan mod of Dark Souls I with the amateurish level and enemy design.
>>
>tfw played demon's souls and bloodborne because my friends lent me their ps3, ps4 and played everything else on pc

Yeah people who say dark souls 3 is good is a butthurt pc user
>>
It's the poor man's BloodBorne on PC so what's there to complain
>>
>>389992119
high wall
undead settlement
cathedral of the deep
ithryll
ithryll dungeon
lothric castle
grand archives
the ringed city

wow that was hard
>>
>>389996610
>>389997236
shut the fuck up you retarded sony fanboy pieces of shit. No one cares about your low budget piece of shit known as bloodborne. Stop fucking acting like it's the best game of all time.
>>
>>389997417
I don't even own a ps4 you retard ape
>>
It's a repeat of all the other games and an amalgamation of them all but executed worse. It has the worst hitboxes, it has tracking from 2 but without the regenerative health of 2 nor the better I frame rolls, it has linear, corridor level design with no sense of discovery unlike 1 and even 2s dlc, it has a worse combat system than 2 (less build variety and less appealing weapons that offer anything of value), it repeats the same tropes with no twists on them (at least 2 had twists on the levels, minus earthen peak fuck that place). It's a shame, because it's the most kinesthetically pleasing of them and aesthetically it has some interesting art but other than that it's the weakest in the series, with DaS 2: SotFS being tied with Demon Souls as the best.
>>
>Poor replay value.
Not zero but poor.
>Bad optimization.
Objectively bad.
>Gimicky bosses.
CursedRotted Greatwood, Drake boss before Nameless king.
>Too many multi HP and multi phase bosses.
Twin Princes, Freide, Undead Legion
>Less high tier weapons.
Yes Estoc was nerfed but it was on top so long I had to take a break from PVP for a while.
>Memberberries
Under normal conditions I would agree that familiar places and characters are part of a sequel but the plot of DS3 feels like Star Wars Ep. 7 where the publisher was like hey just do that again but in a new engine so we can resell the same game.
>>
>>389990707
>lowered the cost of rolling and increased the distance so now to counterbalance that 90% of bosses in the game and several enemies rollcatch 3 times more often and faster than Artorias did, making them the most tedious thing this side of Old Iron King
>every enemy in Farron Keep, seriously, some of them are worse than the worst of DS2
>sorcery and miracles are absolute shit to play while pyro is blatantly overpowered for the whole game
>STR builds were garbage for almost a year
>weapon arts are 90% jokes
>PVP more like boffer combat because they lowered the lethality significantly
>troll hackers getting other players softbanned
>>
swamp souls/cathedral souls
>>
File: 1453241387819.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453241387819.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
>>389990707
The entire game is a rehash, half Bloodborne and half DaS1 but it has the strengths of neither and comes across as the inbred retard child of the two. The whole game's aesthetic is rehashed from BB (literally reuses assets in many places) but without the nuance and uniqueness. EVERY fucking area in the game is an archetype that has already been done before in the series, usually more than once and better than it was in DaS 3. Both DLCs were a tremendous disappointment. Fashion Souls fucking sucks and you can hardly mix and match anything. Weapon arts are fucking lame, half of them are useless and the other half is at best gimmicky, they are extremely poor in comparison with Trick Weapons or even DaS 2's powerstancing. STR weapons fucking suck.

I'm convinced that only people who played DaS 3 first in the series like it best, or at least only people who didn't play Bloodborne. Playing it right after BB it just felt like the same game again but shittier.
>>
>>389991967
>enemy readies it's weapon by holding it in the air
>shoot
>dash close
>visceral attack
LOL if that's fun then i don't know what fun is
>>
>>389998840
>muh guns
>muh everything looks like a crow
>muh ps4
bloodborne is the dumbest idea for a spin-off of the souls series.
Trust me, we're all laughing at you bloodborne shitters.
>>
>>389999353
>we
>>
>>389999353
OK, while you do that I'm enjoying the game that actually had the effort and passion behind it post DaS 1. Anyone that shits on BB while praising DaS 3 is a delusional moron, everything about DaS 3 is literally Bloodborne-lite. The difference is that Bloodborne actually expanded and altered the combat to fit it's faster pace while DaS 3 just stripped features back down to DeS and pretended it was innovation.
>>
>>389992164
You can literally get to the boss in 5 mins
>>
It's a linear fanfiction-blowjob to dark souls 1 that lacks any real identity compared to the rest of the series. PvP and fashion is also strictly worse than SotFS.
>>
>>389990707
it's popular
>>
File: 1502289948976.jpg (141KB, 900x768px) Image search: [Google]
1502289948976.jpg
141KB, 900x768px
>>390000171
Dark Souls 2 is a worst game but I like it better and have replayed it far more than Dark Souls 3, because there are things in DaS 2 that I can ONLY get in DaS 2 like powerstancing and unique areas, enemies and bosses (as mediocre as they usually are). I have never had any desire to revisit DaS 3 because everything about it was already done far better in either DaS 1 or Bloodborne.
>>
>Shortest soul's game
>Least amount of bosses
>Most Linear
>Most unbalanced PVP
>Only 8 covenants
>2 of them are the same
>No pve covenants
>Removal of powerstancing
>Also it was replaced by weapon arts, which ended up being a much less interesting system
>Poise system is fucked
>Teleporting from the start
>Easiest souls game
>Least varied enviroments in a souls game
>Least amount of enviroments in a souls game
>No reason to ever go back through an already explored level
>Far less unique weapons than DS2
>All types of magic is dumpster tier
>Barely any weapons that scale off int, faith or luck

To me this is all the objectively bad stuff, more subjectively I disliked how much they took from DS1, DS2 really does feel like hundreds of kingdoms have risen and fallen since DS1, but DS3 feels at most 2-3 kingdomes down the line, I dislike how the hub area is disconnected from the rest of the world, I'm still confused about the purpose of anything further down past the bridge that turns into a ladder, I generally really love how much huge optional/missable content there is in soul's but this area didn't seem to serve any purpose at all, there were no npcs, the boss just droped his soul, there was nothing interesting at the triple crossbow, usually opional zones are more important, like ash lake hiding the dragon covenant, or the chariot boss hiding the brotherhood or blood, so if anyone know what that zone is for can they tell me?
>>
>>390000916

Another weak as fuck this was the way they did stories, in Ds1 it was pretty easy to follow each characters story, you'd run into most of the characters just by completing the game normally, the few times the NPC's went somewhere that you had gone before they'd tell you about it at firelink, like with Siegmeyer after you save him at Anor Londo, and even if you didn't immediately know where he was you'd probably find him again anywhere because you'd be there later for Ash Lake.

In Ds3 its fucked, following the stories is almost RNG level, the worst example to me is having to find Siegmeyer at the bottom of a well, and if you miss him that's it, his story is done, it was never this cryptic in any of the other soul's games so I have no clue why it's so fucked in Ds3.
>>
>>389991279
>>389991439
>>389991565
>>389997989
>>389998036
>>390000916
pretty much all of these
I really wanted to like DS3 especially since I bought 2 copies of the deluxe edition but facts cant be avoided
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.