[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unplugging GPU for transport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: gtx1080.jpg (8KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
gtx1080.jpg
8KB, 262x193px
In a few days I have to return to uni to live with a bunch of normies, one comfort is I built my gaming PC to isolate myself from them.

So when transporting it from my house is it worth unplugging the GPU to ensure it doesn't snap or anything or is that being overcauious?
>>
Nah nigga just place it in a firm place where it won't move around at all (i.e. floorspace on the passengers side)
>>
>>389985131
it's fine to leave it in. Especially if you've fastened it with a screw or those snap-on things you find in some cases.
>>
it takes literally 1 minute to unscrew in protection of a 300 dollar gfx card.

just unscrew it retard.
>>
How far is the trip? If I want to be safe and it's a long car journey I remove heat sink and all drives too.
>>
>>389985247
okay
>>389985345
okay
>>389985459
dont FUCKING tell me what to do
>>389985481
im not telling you
>>
File: 1363920386446.jpg (187KB, 696x720px) Image search: [Google]
1363920386446.jpg
187KB, 696x720px
Just another problem desktop slaves have to deal with that I don't
>>
>>389985481
Trips about 2 hours
>>
>>389985605
>start AAA game
>laptop burns hole through penis
>>
>>389985605
I'm a student, if I'm going to waste $1000 it may as well be slightly upgradable
>>
File: 1352681237126.gif (810KB, 225x183px) Image search: [Google]
1352681237126.gif
810KB, 225x183px
>>389985131
embarrassing

you can put 2 mobos together, slot a step between the pci-e slots then stand on it and they wont buckle.

unless you bought a shit mobo, you didnt buy a shit one did you?
>>
>>389985131
just build another toaster pc when you get there for cheap. that's what i'm doing anyway. taking a whole fucking pc on a train is a mission and a half and i can already barely managed the one suitcase i usually take.
>>
>>389985131
>Bringing a gaymen PC to uni

Nobody ever does this and neither should you
>>
>>389986554
Many people do this.
>>
>>389985131
Never bring a desktop anywhere, It will get stolen,

You should only have a laptop that you keep in your bag when not in use, Hugging it in your sleep like its your lover.
>>
>>389985131
Make sure you lay the pc down when you put it in your car, don't stand it up. Just make sure it's fastened in tight.
>>
>>389986659
No, they don't

Sensible people just bring a console like an Xbox or Nintendo or some shit to uni to have fun and connect with roommates/normies in the off time between classes, and leave their gaymen machines safe at home away from nosy assholes or risk of some shit happening to it for the comfy summer/winter break
>>
>>389986948
>Sensible people just bring a console like an Xbox

i'm taking my xbox but i'm gonna build a budget ryzen 3 micro atx build when i get there.
>>
I just leave everything in the case for transporting
>>
>>389985131
>normies
you filthy nigger, just get out of the room and make some friends, so you don't end up like me
>>
>>389985131
Over doing it OP.

Just lay the whole thing down so the motherboard is at the bottom and make sure the whole thing isn't sliding around or something during transport. Either wedge it between some soft shit or have it on the passenger seat if you can.
>>
>>389986948
I didn't.
I moved AWAY from home to start my University studies.
Had my own, small 2-room apartment, with full desk and PC, sofa and bed, TV and gayming consoles, all in the livingroom/bedroom combo of mine.
>>
File: TheGamerules.jpg (47KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
TheGamerules.jpg
47KB, 432x360px
>>389985131
Do people actually worry about this?
>>
>>389986948

Brought my gaming desktop along with some cheapo laptop for notes/mobile work. Thanks to hookups with the school's IT department I copped some speakers and an HD projector to set up the ultimate gaming experience in my suite.

My roommates loved it when I set up MK9 and we'd play tag team matches.
>>
>>389985605
>not connecting backpack straps on your desktop for transportation purposes

Why?
>>
is it not screwed in place ? why the fuck would it snap
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.