[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you decide to stop playing this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

When did you decide to stop playing this game?
>>
After getting over 1000 stars and listening to the same boring music
>>
>>389976769
When I realized that 99% of the levels people made were shit.
>>
when i spilled sweet chili sauce on my wii u gamepad and the buttons got sticky and stopped popping back up after being pressed
>>
>>389976769
When it got announced
>>
>>389976769
when nearly all user made levels were shit. No reason nintendo was so strict on third party devs back in the day and brought in the seal of approval
>>
>>389976769
When i broke my gamepad.
>>
>>389976769
When every level turned into music shit and "don't press anything" levels. Rather than good levels, it was just gimmicks. It was really fun while it lasted though and I'd love to see a sequel that fixes it's problems on Switch.
>>
>>389976769
I haven't played that game yet.
>>
>>389976769
>I'm so edgy look what I can hate
>>
File: 1499129858781.png (208KB, 509x478px) Image search: [Google]
1499129858781.png
208KB, 509x478px
>Only two major content updates that added jack
>Mystery Mushroom event levels getting added in instead of more content
>Only four game styles
>Only 6 level settings
>No slopes
>Terrible gimmick levels made by popular Youtubers that are at the top always and good levels will never be known about unless they're shilled
>/v/ threads died like 3 months after the game came out
>No slopes
>Level editor's simplicity actually hurts it because basic game logic is nearly impossible to do
>No campaign maker or world map maker to play people's games on
>No slopes
>100 Mario Challenge is just fucking lame and the Mystery Mushrooms are never worth it
>Speaking of Mystery Mushrooms, they just function as slightly better Mushrooms, instead of allowing you to have Mario have that skin the whole level and get power ups
>No P Balloon
>No Tanuki statue leaf
>No Hammer Bros suit
>No Frog suit
>No cool power ups from the Mario Land series
>No desert setting
>No jungle setting
>No snow setting
>No volcano setting
>Settings that are there are just cliche, no creativity at all
>No Super Mario Land theme
>No Super Mario Land 2 theme
>No Super Mario Bros 2 US theme
>No Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels theme
>No Super Mario All Stars theme
>No New Super Mario Bros DS theme
>NO
>FUCKING
>SLOPES

Mario Maker was $60 package of disappointment. There are a lot of fun and unique levels out there but you can't enjoy them forever with how limited the options are. If it was priced at like $15 as a digital only purchase instead it would've definitely been worth it

Now play my level and I might play yours: ABDF-0000-007A-D005
>>
I bought this nearly a year ago and haven't even opened it
>>
>every game style held back by the original SMB
>every game style used NSMB physics
>World/NSMB missing practically all of their unique game content
>no All-Stars style
>majority of user-created levels became music levels and instant death bullshit
>100 Mario Mode decides difficulty based on the amount of plays
>stupid codes to share stages
>all the decent search options are on a separate websites instead of in the fucking game
>>
Did you make this thread because this game came out exactly two years ago today?
>>
>>389976769
burned out
i'm gonna start again when it comes out though
i was actually really good at making smw-quality levels
>>
>>389978681
Pretty much this.
Fucking Super Mario Bros X before the community picked it back up to add EVEN MORE to it has more meaningful content than Mario Maker, for fuck's sake.
>>
User created levels weren't fun to play. Either stupidly easy run to the end with a star shit, automated levels, or kaizo bullshit. Then wasting time trying to make an actual neat level only to get no love for it and the game deleting it.
>>
>3ds version doesn't have online
How to kill your only version of a game on an actually successful console.
>>
>>389976769
when i put my wii u in the closet to make room for the switch
>>
>>389978681
Meh, I liked it a lot despite that. The 3DS version was a fucking joke, it should have been free, or extremely cheap at most.
>>
>>389976769
My creative ideas were better in my head. Once i got the actual game I realized i had no skill or potential and made a 9/11 replica stage and played through a few poorly made fan levels, never touching it again.
>>
File: 1501635676018.png (116KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1501635676018.png
116KB, 500x522px
After I had a good amount of hours in it and felt satisfied with my experience. Still go back to it now and again. Game's dope as fuck.
>>
>>389982240
Also the favorite level of mine that I made was a Pikmin level where I made the stage and enemies all seem massive
>>
>>389976769
I'm honestly going to be disappointed if this doesn't get a sequel on the Switch. There was just too much missed potential. Though I don't know of that could actually get it to work.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.