[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new Thief game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (5KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 329x153px
Will be announced soon.
>>
>>389976653
Thief is already dead, please stop the necromancy.
>>
Sorry, but its not.
>>
>>389977290
Don't apologize. It's better this way.
>>
>>389976861
we never know, stop being a contrarian faggot

Hitman and Tomb Raider kinda got back up after their last installments.
>>
File: 1313671016753.jpg (49KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1313671016753.jpg
49KB, 406x364px
>>389977640
>Hitman and Tomb Raider kinda got back up after their last installments.

please be bait
please be bait
please be bait
>>
>>389976653

Lol no. Even if, I don't want it anyhow.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 236x213px
>>389976653
Fuck you if this is true.
>>
>>389976653
Do we really need to prop up its corpse once more?
>>
>>389976653
Please no.
>>
>>389976653
Still made by Eidos? No thanks.
>>
>>389976653
>implying SE ditching Deus Ex after MD (sadly) bombing they would come back to a series they already wasted potential
>>
>>389976653
>Hitman absolution was shit
>Nu-Hitman was great
>Thi4f was shit
Maybe there's still hope.
>>
>>389976653
Hardcore thief fan here who used to play the first three titles yearly for the last 8 years.

To be fair, i hated this game at first because it wasn't a T1/2/3 like game where you are put in a big map and then you have to figure out where to infiltrate from and find all loot by yourself.
Also, despite the story not being cannon to the first 3 games and the voice actor not being the same. I got over it and enjoyed the game for what it was
You guys should try the same, play the game for what it is instead of wishing it was something else.

The reason why you hate it is because the game is not faithful to the previous installments, not because the game is shitty
>>
>>389979847
The game is shitty, though. It's a crap game, and the fact that it's called Thief is only insult to injury.
>>
>>389979847
>The reason why you hate it is because the game is not faithful to the previous installments, not because the game is shitty
No it's just shitty

>No jumping, just "swooping"
>Rope arrows are just cinematic setpieces
>Opening windows are cinematic setpieces
>Garret was a sarcy bastard, "Gorrot" is just xxx-edgemaster-xxx
>Environments are sometimes way over the top, after the brothel level everything was all green and the air filled with dust
>Cock rings
>>
File: redrum.png (88KB, 442x492px) Image search: [Google]
redrum.png
88KB, 442x492px
>>389977640
> Hitman and Tomb Raider kinda got back up

Hitman TM was goty, nigger
>>
>>389977640
>stop being a contrarian faggot

It's contrarian to not consider Thief to be dead.
>>
>>389976653
how? Looking Glass went bankrupt almost 20 years ago, and they're the only ones who know how to make it.
>>
>>389981937
And yet two games have been made within that span of time.
>>
>>389981937
Where did all those Looking Glass employees go? They should get together sometime.
>>
>>389982502
and they're both total garbage.
>>
File: miss-the-point.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
miss-the-point.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>389982539
>>
>>389979847
Bruv, I played Th14f before touching the previous games, and it's shit. Going back to it to see all the potential it had and good things and mistakes built up by the previous games that it completely ignored just made it worse.

Adding to this anon's post >>389981137

>Guard AI is horrifically retarded
>Hiding closets that straight up remove you from the map and guard's sight if you run into it while no one's looking
>Hub map is boring and tedious to go through
>Game straight up ENCOURAGES killing, like in the retarded side mission tokens that ask you to kill via headshots
>The minimap exists, which completely kills any sense of guidance or environment when all you have to do is just go to the objective, and turning it and objective markers off just makes you blind because you have nothing built organically into the game to guide you to your objective
>Multiple points of no return
>Thief vision
>Optional "challenge" choices at the beginning of new games add nothing to the game when the AI is still as retarded as it is
>Majority treasure or goods are boring as shit to steal; it feels more like a kleptomaniac stealing cheap crap from peasants than hitting up mansions or big, important people
>Sound is NEVER a problem because it's restricted to strictly glass pieces; no marble, no metal, no wood, and no soft floors to make walking on a threat or not when sneaking up on guards
>Game is WAY too gloomy, not dark, just gloomy. Has zero charm, even for grimdark fags
>Nothing's really hidden, especially with the retardes thief vision, but still easy regardless. The only "real hidden" shit are the cheap, 2 cent items hidden in the deep corners of rooms

And this is all in the first 3 chapters. I cannot force myself to play past it, it's so terribly boring.
>>
>>389979179
DXMD SUCKED
>>
>>389977640
to be fair the last thief game was absolute fucking garbage in every possible way imaginable, these devs have to earn their trust back before people will forgive them, this is how things work.

I can understand why fans are angry, and they are justified to feel strong emotions about it.
>>
>>389979179
>>389983189
different teams
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.