[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the /v/erdict on MVC∞?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: marvel vs capcom infinite.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
marvel vs capcom infinite.webm
3MB, 640x360px
So what's the /v/erdict on MVC∞?
>>
>>389972763
It looks like a lot of fun. Having no 1-touch kills or X-Factor is already a huge positive.
>>
looks like garbage.
>>
>>389972763
if only the visuals were more comic-like or stylized...

so far it looks so bland... same for the music and sound effects

the game mechanics and the rest looks fine
>>
>>389972763
When's Dragonball?
>>
>>389972763
Graphics look ok. Some models look great while others could really use some work. Voice acting and music seem like a step down from 3. Roster could be A LOT better. The gameplay looks very fun, thoguh. So I'll go with the gameplay and try it. If it's shit I'll sell it.
>>
File: 1471186767007.jpg (343KB, 956x873px) Image search: [Google]
1471186767007.jpg
343KB, 956x873px
Gameplay looks really, really fun. Not perfect but on the whole it looks like it'll rival Ultimate 3 for the best gameplay in the series. I like a lot of the changes returning characters got. Everything else from graphics to HUD to story to music to voice acting to DLC plans to roster is absolutely fucking terrible. Less characters at launch than Vanilla Marvel 3 despite 25 out of 30 being ripped from Marvel 3, and all of them look worse to boot, holy fuck.

I'll play it if a friend has it and I may buy it down the line when it's cheaper or on sale.
>>
>>389972763
mechanically great, visually repulsive.
>>
>>389973519
>no one touch kills

It's Marvel vs Capcom, people are gonna find them.
>>
>>389972763
It looks like a good game plagued with shitty drama from Marvel's side and the obnoxious DLC campaign from Capcom.
I don't want to completely boycott this game since that could kill MvC, my favorite game, forever, but I also don't want to encourage what MvC:I is right now. I probably won't get it until either the super duper ultra ultimate goober tournament edition comes out with all or most of the DLC included, or they add some X-Men or F4 reps in. I'm going to buy the HD port of MvC3 so they at least get some kind of money to hint at what they should be doing though.
>>
>>389972763
Reminder that the "who cares about all the problems, the gameplay will be good!" quotes were all said by people defending SfxT and SF5. It's more likely that this game is going to be a huge mess than anything else when people optimize stuff.
>>
>>389972763
Awful. Just awful.
No one should be buying this, to show Capcom that they should be putting actual time and effort into their product instead of just shitting something out, but of course people still are.
>>
>>389975308
>Reminder that the "who cares about all the problems, the gameplay will be good!" quotes were all said by people defending SfxT and SF5.
Reminds me more of KOFXIV than SFV or SFxT to be honest.
>>
>>389975410
I liked SFxT somewhat, it was just broken enough to be fun. SFV is boring though.
>>
>>389975368
Buy something else online so that Capcom still take money to get a hint. Used physical copies will just profit the retailer, and boycotting it could risk the end of Marvel "it's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved"
>>
>>389972763
Gonna pirate and play a bit of story/fuck around in training. Then probably not buy it
>>
>>389975368
What does more effort mean? Do you think japanese devs don't already suck the life out of their employees?
>>
>>389975368
Honestly you can tell the actual development team put effort into the gameplay. It's just that everything else about the game feels rushed and mandated by either Capcom higher ups or Marvel/Disney higher ups.
>>
I'll wait for Ultra Super Turbo Ultimate: Remix when all the DLC characters are out
>>
>>389973519
>>389974779
I guarantee somebody will find a "touch of death" combo using that thing that lets you control both characters at the same time in the first week, probably in the first few hours after release. It wall probably also involve some sort of unshockable simultaneous overhead and low to start it
>>
>>389978226
Really? Because the game doesn't seem fun to play and it sure as hell isn't fun to watch
>>
>>389973519
It does have touch of death combos you ducking retard that's the reason they added in the tag burst players are already discovering half health combos using 2 meters
>>
Super hype for it, the level of creativity is gonna get nuts once pros get in the lab. Some of the Mike D Gamora and Jedah combos shows the potential the game clearly has.
>>
>>389978314
In half a year, bro!
>>
>>389978674
As a fan of marvel comics I hate it there is no fan service at all
>>
>>389972763
It looks like fucking garbage and the roster is abysmal. It's dead on arrival.
>>
- Capcom online for SFxT, UMvC3, and SFV were all bad so I have no faith in the online for this game
- Graphics are horrible. Not only does it look like a mobile game, but the art style is very sterile and lacks any real personality. They are going for the realistic cinematic crowd and it shows. It lacks any charm that comic books can have or that Capcom's own games have. Nearly every character in it looks the absolute worst they have ever looked
- Backgrounds and character models blend in too much. It isn't pleasing to the eyes and actually pretty annoying in terms of keeping up with what is going on
- Roster is one of the worst I've ever seen in a VS/crossover game. It is the MCU vs Reused Assets
- Only 4 females, which is especially mind boggling when Capcom has so many well loved and interesting female characters. Roster is mostly just mid 20s guys in Halloween costumes
- Music is horrible once again. I'm convinced Capcom lost all of their good composers
- Infinity Stones already look obnoxious. The characters shouting out the stones a bunch is annoying and the uses for them only look to dilute the uniqueness of each character's playstyle, as you have so many characters abusing the same mechanics
- This is a personal preference, but the pacing looks awkward to me. I hate how many cut ins fighting games have now. It used to be that supers had this very slight pause right when you did them and that was it. Now we have cutscenes supers, pauses when people tag in/out, pause when they activate the ultimate infinity storm thing, etc... I am sick of very slight pauses and cutscenes like that in fighting games. It is really unneeded

I have no issue with 2v2 as I loved TvC and would prefer characters survived more instead of 3v3 where everyone just dies in a single combo. The new tag system seems fun too and assist spam was never really something I cared for.

All in all it looks like your typical modern Capcom fighting game: extremely mediocre and ugly as hell.
>>
So to all the people on /v/ complaining about the lack of female characters, WHY are you guys complaining about this? It seems like most of /v/ hates any depiction of women in other games, what makes this one so special and different?
>inb4 /v/ is not one person
I know that, but there's a reoccurring pattern here
>>
>>389979713
I don't get that as well. The game having 4 females is not really an issue.

inb4
>but muh favorite character
Then cry about your favorite character, not about there being only 4 females.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.