[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think it's finally time for 4? also Pikmin thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Pikmin.jpg (65KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
Pikmin.jpg
65KB, 825x464px
Do you guys think it's finally time for 4?

also Pikmin thread
>>
Yes, it's a likely Spring/Early 2018 title so it'd make sense to announce it in this Direct
>>
>>389972081
It better be announced in this direct. I've been waiting so long for this game. I remember them saying it was "close to completion" ages ago so every Nintendo direct since I've been hoping for it and every time I've been disappointed. And the game better actually be good, hopefully it's more like Pikmin 2 but I wouldn't really mind what they do as long as it still feels like Pikmin and it's still fun
>>
>>389973218
>more like Pikmin 2
full of tedious filler and all the overworlds reused?
>>
>>389973365
And loads of flavor text. I love me some flavor text, I could spend hours reading everything, the fact Pikmin 3 didn't have a Piklopedia for Enemies made the enemies feel very unimportant.

2 gave them a scientific name and everything.
>>
>>389972081
>Do you guys think it's finally time for 4?
I hope so, I've replayed the first three dozens of times and would love to have another.

>>389973365
Don't be a shitter.
>>
Hopefully Olimar is the main focus this time, if not, please at least be the Pikmin 3 group, or even Louie if you have to.

I don't want any new protagonists.
>>
I just replayed through 1 and 2, is 3 worth going for? 2 is the best experience for me, although I feel it is less creatively focused than 1 (the forest navel was such a great experience). Is 3 actually a good sequel? And how much does it rely on motion control gimmicks?
>>
I think it's FE Switch's turn. Fire Emblem is always the early year title and we know it's 2018 release.
>>
which pikmin would you fuck
>>
>>389974897
i mean i dont want to have to say it, but if you HAD to choose, blue ones have mouths...

okay I'm gonna go shower this shame off
>>
>>389974805
I think it's great, but not quite as good as the first two.
>And how much does it rely on motion control gimmicks?
You can choose to play with traditional GC-style controls, wiimote+nunchucks, or using the gamepad's touch screen. I personally recommend the wii pointer controls for their accuracy.
>>
File: hey-pikmin.jpg (135KB, 1000x621px)
hey-pikmin.jpg
135KB, 1000x621px
>>389972081
I can't believe Nintendo let Artoon touch this franchise

Why do they keep going to them? I honestly don't understand
>>
>>389974897
Red because they can take the heat.
>>
>>389974805
It's my favorite one, but in all honesty I didn't like 2 at all.
>>
>>389974897
Where the cock goes?
>>
File: surprised borb.png (390KB, 678x630px)
surprised borb.png
390KB, 678x630px
>>389975646
>it's my favorite one
>but I didn't like it at all
????????
>>
>>389975646
I only see 2 as a better experience because I'm a mechanics whore, and I liked all the little updates to the engine and controls that were STARTLINGLY evident when going back to play through pikmin 1 after pikmin 2
>ability to change what pikmin you have selected for throwing
>more difference between the kinds of pikmin (reds more noticeably aggressive, yellows being immune to electricity, blues still pretty useless outside water)
>Both new kinds of pikmin were pretty creative and actually usable outside of particular environmental situations
>Caves being such a fun addition with multiple environments and played around with the casual magical realism of the pikmin universe (kid's room aesthetic was pretty cool)

All that being said, Pikmin 2 was definitely not as inspired as pikmin 1, with revamped environments and reused enemies and the treasures almost universally just being real world objects like fucking duracell batteries. It comes across as a really great Majora's Mask type sequel. Here, take this great game and make a new game from its' corpse in like a year.
>>
>>389974082
SO MUCH OF THIS

if there is no Piklopedia/Piklopedia equivalent, I will be very upset
>>
>>389972081
Its been 4 years since Pikmin 3 so I expect it in the next couple of years.
>>
>>389976924
He was talking about pikmin 3 being his favorite one.
>>
>>389977034
oh ok thanks
>>
>>389976959
>the treasures almost universally just being real world objects like fucking duracell batteries
I honestly loved this. Seeing real-life objects combined with the weirder tone of Pikmin 2 gave a unique impression.
>>
>>389973365
pikmin 2 is objectively the best pikmin game, and if you don't like the dungeons you are a low taste tier scrub
>>
>>389977871
I mean, sure, it was a fun gimmick and having the first treasure being this glaring real life object was an interesting experience. But when late in the game you were still just collecting, like a vlasic pickle jar lid, was pretty disappointing compared to the ship parts being pretty neat in pikmin 1
>>
>>389974897
DON'T
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.