[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you a tank guy or a mech guy and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 15549.jpg (114KB, 1051x576px) Image search: [Google]
15549.jpg
114KB, 1051x576px
Are you a tank guy or a mech guy and why?
>>
>>389968390
Both are cool, especially if both have their own place in the setting as a part of some combined arms doctrine.
>>
Depends on the tank and or mech.

If the tank is just one person point and shoot shit it's garbage and lazy. I like tanks that actually require a crew, at the very least two people.

If the mech is one of those behemoth machines that ice skates around it's garbage and lazy. I don't mind if mechs are quick and stuff, but as long as it makes some sense. Big ass boosters on the back or whatnot. It's just got to seem beefy and powerful and not a dainty little ice skater.
>>
>>389968757
Oh, but if I had to choose between my optimal idea of a tank and optimal idea of a mech? Probably mech. It just seems like it's easier to get away with one pilot. A heavy, titan of a machine just seems more bad ass. Tanks are plenty great but yeah.
>>
File: XV95_Ghostkeel_Battlesuit.png (2MB, 1107x1118px) Image search: [Google]
XV95_Ghostkeel_Battlesuit.png
2MB, 1107x1118px
Invisible battlesuits get me hard
>>
>>389968390
Tanks exists
Mechs don't

/thread
>>
>>389968962
Tank games exist
Mech games exist
>>
>>389968390
The iminence of extensive urban theatres will be dominated by mechs with superior agility and versatility to what tanks can offer and you all know it.
>>
>>389968390
Tanks for mobile warfare
Mechs for urban warfare.
>>
File: IMG_1278.jpg (91KB, 460x511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1278.jpg
91KB, 460x511px
I'm an anti-tank kinda guy
>>
>>389969586
>>389969612
Why would mechs be better in urban than tanks?
>>
>>389968390
mechs are cooler
tanks are real
i'm both
>>
>>389970383
Just compare a normal soldier to one those bomb drones

>Would trade range and protection for mobility/evasiveness
>Constant height advantage that isnt detrimental because no open fields
>Could climb buildings or other features if designed appropriately and not be limited to following roads or open areas
>Wouldnt ever have to deal with acceleration and inertia because of biped movement
>Could be upscaled to absolutely dominate asymmetrical warfare, nowhere would be safe (HL2 Striders)

And the fact it could circle strafe or flank without ever exposing side armor makes it superior in most situations imo.
>>
>>389970383
Better visibility and maneuverability
While this would also mean that mechs are a bigger target, therefore "easier" to target, better utilization of stationary cover due to maneuverability, passive/active protection, and much more advantageous firing position should at least negate that fact.
>>
>>389971941
At the baseline, a mech would be as vulnerable as any tank considering all relevant defensive technology is applied, the mech has the advantage of mobility and simply not being hit, while the tank could theoretically shrugh off some stuff but it wouldnt last forever.
>>
>>389968390
Mech sized tanks. Tank sized mechs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.