[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yeah if the next Mario Party doesn't have online, I'm out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 456859-Mario-Party.jpg (691KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
456859-Mario-Party.jpg
691KB, 1024x731px
I think above the car experiment of the last few games, abandonment of seperate movement and minigame pacing issues, the biggest hurt to the franchise is the lack of online multiplayer.

People's lives change and it gets harder and harder to get a group of friends that enjoy Mario Party rounds together in one place. We move, friends live in different cities and parts of the world, but the occasional party game would still be welcome if we could actually do it.

I can't imagine any reason that they wouldn't finally implement online to Mario Party Switch other than general incompetence and misinformed stubbornness. I've purchased MP 8, 9, 10 and Star Rush looks to be my last unless things change. All of these games have seen less playtime than they would have, had they actually had online. It's the injection of life this franchise desperately needs to gain back relevance in my eyes. Any thoughts?

and in b4 "oh no whatever will they do without you" or "git more friends lol". Obviously the bigger discussion is the missing online functionality of a stagnating franchise.
>>
Just play 100% Orange Juice, it costs like 3 bucks when on sale
>>
File: 1461636651659.png (52KB, 315x344px) Image search: [Google]
1461636651659.png
52KB, 315x344px
>>389968079
>just play the shitty weeb knockoff

lmao
>>
>>389967958
Hudson Soft didn't need to leave us. All the ones they've developed were good, 1-8. All the Nintendo developed ones have been worse, but unique. I agree with you on this.

An ideal MP game for me is this:
>Co-operative solo story
>32+ playable boards
>300 mini-games, procedural free DLC minigames to go along as it gets online
>online multiplayer with 8 players, customisable turns and settings for the games. if you have to go the game saves your turn and overrides they players with cpus from thereafter
>many, many more characters
>everyone is free to walk whereever
>>
>>389967958
>online game where matches are 1 hour+ long and someone leaving ruins the entire thing.
>>
I'd be concerned people wanting to play competitively online would demand changes that would make it a shitty game for actual parties, as good party games should take little to no skill.
>>
File: 1451521380703.jpg (5KB, 271x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451521380703.jpg
5KB, 271x200px
>>389968843

>mobas
>>
>Player goes to take a shit
>You're stuck for 5-10 minutes waiting for one roll
>>
>>389969567
Don't take anywhere near as long. 1 hour Mario Party matches are the bare minimum.
>>
>>389970150

Everybody who plays League or Dota has had many hour long long games. A 20 turn MP doesn't even take an hour anyway unless people are intentionally stalling
>>
>>389970481
>A 20 turn MP doesn't even take an hour anyway

That's three minutes per turn, man. The mini game alone takes a minute plus, then you have to read the rules for the mini-game (30 seconds, but probably a minute for online play considering the game is for children and retards), and each individual turn is gonna take at least 30 seconds. After adding in crap at the start and end of the game and between turn transitions, I'm seriously questioning your memory.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.