[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obsidian's cancelled Xbox One exclusive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: jpg.jpg (20KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
20KB, 480x269px
>"We were given a proposal, the million-man raid," Obsidian co-owner and CEO, Feargus Urquhart, tells me. >"Conceptually what came from Microsoft was this idea: imagine you're playing The Witcher, maybe with a friend. What happens if at points in time a giant creature pops up that you can see in the distance and it's not just popping up while you're playing, it's popping up for everybody who's playing. You all rush this creature and there's this haze around it, and as you're all rushing through the haze the game is matchmaking you into 40-man raids who are going to fight the creature.

>"Then you fight it, but while the creature is being fought all the footage is being recorded up into the cloud. Then at the end we would come up with some kind of intelligent editing thing which would deliver everybody who fought a personalised, edited video of their participation in the raid. >That is what was proposed to us."

More details in link
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-08-stormlands-and-the-million-man-raid-obsidians-cancelled-xbox-one-exclusive
>>
See that giant monster in the distance?
>>
>>389966943

you can climb it
>>
>>389966824
>literal cinematic gaming
sounds about as exciting as fighting rag. except it sounds like you just join a pug so it will have to be braindead ez no strat involved. just awful
>>
>>389966824
Sounds gay.
Imagine just how gay, given how all those e3 "gameplay" videos are.
And ideas, pitched by some suit in Microsoft EVER being decent in practice?
>>
I bet Sean Murray is working on that editing software now.
>>
Why the fuck would Microsoft approach Obsidian of all devs with this?
>>
>>389966824
Dragon's Dogma did something like this right? You fight the dumb dragon in the dungeon with a billion health and when it finally dies a month later everyone who participated got some rewards based on how much damage they did.
>>
>>389966824
Poor obsidian will never make a game they can profit from.
>>
>>389966824
that's one of the most retarded ideas ever
and these people get paid millions
>>
>>389966824
>Xbox One exclusive

dead on release
>>
>new xbox ip
>all about multiplayer to boost xbl subscriptions
>>
>>389966824
The Witcher 1 is strictly unmachable experience.
I could see this working with W2 formula
>>
>>389970035
more like dead before release
>>
So, can I get a list of cancelled Xbox One games?
There was more than just this and Scalebound, right?
>>
>>389966824
>another canceled Xbox game
What the fuck is Microsoft doing?
>>
>>389966824
>watching yourself play video games
>>
>>389966824
cancel a idea
>>
So scalebound but slightly better?
>>
>>389967517
It was probably a youtuber bait project so they needed the game to hilariously shitting itself at every possible moment.
>>
Sounds gimmicky and the "recap" would get old after 1 watch.

Glad they didn't do it.
>>
>>389966824
>Microsoft guy plays his first MMO
>gets a not-million dollar idea
>gets another worse, terrible idea
>pitches to Obsidian
Man I should go work for Microsoft.
>>
Microsoft Studios has published great lower budget games unfortunately they have no idea how to compete with the big boys like EA and Ubisoft.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.