[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get to 2000 MMR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Logo-DOTA2.jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-DOTA2.jpg
66KB, 700x700px
How do I get to 2000 MMR?
>>
Lose every game like a retard
>>
wasnt there a guy who calibrated at 2500 when playing with a gamepad?
>>
lose 3000 MMR
>>
Should I play ranked or is unranked fine enough ? I have like 1000+ hours and never played a single ranked game.

Also NYX NYX NYX NYX
>>
>>389959614
unranked is literally identical to ranked except you can't see your MMR and you can't turn on strict solo queue

it's the exact same mmr system
>>
>>389959614
What position do you play?

>>389959220
Practice and get good, the only constant in your games is yourself.
>>
Learn

>how to fucking last hit
>creep aggro
>farm efficiency
>hero match-ups
>itemization
>peak timings

Sure, jungle LC might give you a few mmr but you'll hit a wall eventually.
>>
File: dotard 4 ever.png (248KB, 570x650px) Image search: [Google]
dotard 4 ever.png
248KB, 570x650px
who else /hereforever/ yet never go to d2g because its a cesspool?
>>
>>389959614
Nah, don't bother with ranked until you're like above 2k hours. If you calibrate around 2k it's really hard to go above.
>>
>>389960075
that's just a trench meme, if you have a 75% winrate you'll gain 1250 MMR in 100 games.

Considering that dota below 4k is a PvE game it's hard to not have a 90%+ winrate
>>
>>389959923
>12,577 hrs

Let me guess around 5k?
>>
>>389959785
I don't have a dedicated position, I don't really follow meta terms and shit like this, I just launch the game and play for fun. I tried to get into meta shit but I couldn't stand watching a whole game so I just gave up. I mostly play mid or offlane though if that's what you ask
>>
>>389959614

I only play party ranked. Party unranked is fine too if we cant queue ranked but generally the games there are very unbalanced.
>>
I sincerely wish I could enjoy Dota.

I played it for almost 900 hours, and had to quit just for how fucking unfun it is. Every single game is an unfun one-sided stomp, whether I'm winning or losing. The community is pants on head retarded, too.

With a game that gets so much content and gets regular balance updates and just seems fun, I'd hope the actual gameplay would be fun enough to continue playing. But unlike games like TF2 (and even Overwatch to an extent) where I can have fun even if I'm losing, this concept doesn't exist in this fucking game.
>>
I stopped playing at 4k and just watch pro games and tournament. I actually enjoy watching than playing. Fucking high-level dota is amazing.
>>
>>389960313
yeap
>>
>>389959923
I only go to d2g to shitpost during tournaments, its the only time d2g bearable
>>
>>389961182
I get your point, but some games are so close you don't even feel time is flowing. Maybe we're always here waiting for that game.
>>
File: crankysadvice.jpg (43KB, 544x339px) Image search: [Google]
crankysadvice.jpg
43KB, 544x339px
>>389961182
it's always a 1 sided stomp on your side if you just follow this simple advice
>>
>its another shill thread with a generic google images logo as op image
funny how only MOBAtards and totally legit threads about upcoming games from regular members of the 4Chan community do that
i wonder if there's relation between these two
>>
>>389962425

here's your response.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (17KB, 84x637px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
17KB, 84x637px
>>389961182

After the changes to comeback mechanics couple years ago, I haven't had that many one-sided matches anymore. Pic related, my last 15 games. Only two of them were stomps.
>>
What's the 1k GPM secret? I try to stack while farming if possible, get all the runes, if team is fighting i'll farm a lane while taking a tower and shit but best i got was 600-700 on a hero who is one of the best gold diggers.
>>
>>389959220
5% skill
95% luck

meaning that you have to find enemies more retarded than your teammates in most matches
>>
>>389962967
>i'm 1k trash!
>>
>>389963270
i legit ranked like 750 mmr with the account I used to learn to play. i won half of the calibrating matches, and yet I got very low mmr. that's a pit it's impossible to get out of, I got literally paired with retards with zero knowledge of the game and of its meta, and my skill was not enough to compensate the utter idiocy of my teammates. I dare you to play from that level of mmr and rank up to 2k.
>>
>>389963674
yeah I've played at 2k before. you can literally 1v9 every game

just pick some meme hero like meepo, alch, or TA

I don't think you understand how trivial the 1k bracket is to people who aren't trash

like here's some smurf profiles. look at the winrates.

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/242852551
https://www.dotabuff.com/players/412243823
>>
File: 1483277236751.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483277236751.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
>>389960154
Hehe upvote :DD

Btw, take it up the ass OP. It's your fault you get matched with leavers and russians every other game and get a 10 loss streak. Yup, that's just your skill, you're being pushed into the skill bracket you belong in. What do you mean you got two rampages in a single game? No, I'm telling you, it's your fault your support autoattacks in your lane. Oh, you picked a support instead? Well, I sure hope you love 80+ min games because that's how long it's going to take your carries to leave woods.

Wait, did I hear that right? You said if you were good enough to win last hits with your shitty support and carry 1v5 some 100 matches you'll climb to 2000? WELL, I forgot to mention you have to be on a 5k mmr skill level to be able to do that OP.

Enjoy the ride and don't forget to upvote :3c
>>
>>389960154
>getting a 75% winrate at any MMR unless you're an actual fucking pro or high-tier streamer playing at 1000 MMR
Yeah you're gonna have to explain how that one works, especially given that every time you half the distance between that percentage and 50, you double the number of games, and each game is at least 30 minutes long, possibly 60+ on occasion or even 120+ as outliers.
62.5% takes 200 games.
56.25% takes 400 games.
53.125% takes 800 games.

There's a reason that 4k is flooded with so many godawful players. No sane man is gonna grind those games to get up there and anyone who actually IS better than their MMR will float up from there.
I mean you can try to phrase that like "it's only 75%" but I don't think you have any idea how hard you'd have to carry to achieve that at almost any MMR, especially above 2k, when there are 4 people on your team who can fuck up majorly and 5 people on the other team who can become unkillable no matter how well you play due to unforeseen circumstances.
>>
>>389964107
mad and bad here's your you
>>
>>389959220
>learn and practice fundementals
>learn and practice all heroes
>learn counters and synergy
>watch the minimap and remember where your allies and enemies are
>be able to indentify incoming ganks
>be able to initiate and secure ganks
>don't feed
>ask teammates for [new behavior]
>don't flame your own team during the match
fundementals and hero knowledge gets you 95% of the way there.
>>
>>389964261
t. high skilled 3k
>>
>>389964249
75 games won out of 100 = 75 wins 25 losses

wins and losses balance out, 25-25 = 0

you're left with 50

50 x 25 = 1,250 MMR.

You don't have to grind games if you actually improve. If you have a 51% winrate it'll take you 2500 games to gain the same 1250 MMR as opposed to the 100 it'd take from the 75% winrate.
>>
>>389964249
That isn't how MMR is calculated.

Yes lots of games at your current MMR can slow increases, but it eventually caps out and only the last 100 games count.
>>
>MMR ranks OP appropriately
>OP is given fair games with 50% winrate
>OP creates a shit thread
>refuses to acknowledge that he must git gud
>>
>>389959614
I played roughly 600 hours of unranked before attempting ranked calibration. They were some of the worst games of my entire life. Like I got shitstomped in ways I had never before. The one that really stands out was being the only support (of course), then finding myself alone in the safe lane against a fucking Invoker and CK. The weirdest shit
>>
>>389962208
Except that is factually not true.
>>
>>389965175
Some other highlights, now that I think about it...

>being yelled at because "Necro is a support"
>Mid PA feeds the enemy Zeus 8 kills and I get one shot from any distance even with a cloak (I think I was Rhasta)
>Attempted Omni/OD combo and subsequently spent 15 minutes being dived in base by a Huskar/Io
>An IO named Adolf Hitler kept relocating people onto cliffs
>Jungle Axe, LC, and BS all in one game
>Yelled at for buying sentries as PL, against a Riki, when no one else was buying them
>Yelled at for "stealing exp" as my Slark tower dives a Lina/CM at minute 10

Goddamn those games were nightmares. No wonder I had queue anxiety for years
>>
>>389959307
fpbp
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.