[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rich and deep lore with largely unexplored world >literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 21

File: 61uMbKlGR1L.jpg (70KB, 378x500px) Image search: [Google]
61uMbKlGR1L.jpg
70KB, 378x500px
>rich and deep lore with largely unexplored world
>literally no good vidya
Why? How would you make ASOIAF game?
>>
Do you belive the bethesda rumors?
>>
>>389953105
>rich and deep lore

Lol fuck off with this troll thread.
>>
Why do you keep making these threads?
>>
>>389953182
They were already proven false thank the old gods and the new. Not on would it likely be skyrim with got paint it would be based off the show not the books as well.
>>
>>389953105
... It's Westeros. Everyone gets raped, people die, everyone's an asshole, and everything is horrible, unfair, and cruel.

If I wanted to experience the joys of Westeros I'd just reinstall Crusader Kings2.
>>
>>389953414
Pretty sure CK 2 has a Westeros mod as well.
>>
>>389953278
>>389953283
It's pretty fucking obvious the same reason anybody makes a thread to talk about the topic in the OP. The better question is why you're posting on 4chan and somehow don't understand this? It's really simple anons
>>
File: nanni.jpg (49KB, 252x245px) Image search: [Google]
nanni.jpg
49KB, 252x245px
>>389953105
>rich and deep lore
>>
File: mors.jpg (211KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
mors.jpg
211KB, 1024x575px
>>389953105
There is one, but you of course mean casual AAA title. Good luck with that Bethesda game.
>>
>>389953414
Well yes based on the point in time it's based off. But the lore has lots of peaceful times in history and even worse wars as well.

Also don't you think all that killing and assholery would make for a good game? A lot of people's complaints are that it's too mild for a vidya
>>
>>389953373
"proven" . it was just target saying its not real, because they fucked up and leaked it. the leaked models and stuff, probably fake clickbait shit
>>389953182
yes
>>
>>389953581
>not even M&B or CK2
Come on man and you're calling me the one with shit taste?
>>
Make an RPG but don't put it at the same time as the books. Make it about the Ninepenny Kings or Bittersteel or the adventures of Egg and Duncan.
There are a lot of cool places to explore in Westeros.
>>
File: TheWayOfKings.png (146KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
TheWayOfKings.png
146KB, 220x334px
>>389953105
>How would you make ASOIAF game?
I wouldn't.
Pic related's setting could make a great game though if they did the powers right.
>>
>>389953581
What's that screenshot from?
>>
>>389953916
Not him but I assume the GoT rpg that came our a few years back.
>>
File: 1504832882349.jpg (380KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504832882349.jpg
380KB, 900x600px
>>389953842
Not a bad idea.

If like something covering the fall of valerya and possibly all the way into aegons conquest and the rule of the targaryens
>>
>>389953105
I have that book, it's pretty good.
But to answer the question I think that it would have 2 big challenges to address, beyond delivering solid mechanics

1. The books are told from alternating point of view, which is very difficult to pull off in an RPG format. FF IX does it decently enough with the party getting split up and then reunited, and FF XIII tried but I don't think it was quite as good. In both cases it was hard to feel any sort of progression because your characters were taken away from you the moment you started to see changes. If there would exist an ASOIAF game it would probably need to model itself on FF IX

2. The cast. Telltale's ASOIAF game didn't do it for me in the same way that their Walking Dead game didn't do it for me. They took the factions of the original series, made cloned characters within a certain role (handmaid, night's watchman, ex-prisoner, etc) and tried to fit them into the world. The problem with this is that whether due to Telltale's writers, or the inherent limitations, these new clone characters were shit and unsatisfying. So in my opinion the game should focus on the real cast instead of fake clone characters. Hell, just let the player control Jaime and have to besiege Riverrun, or the Blackfish, or Arya in Braavos, or even Young Griff.

You don't need to invent a new story, which will probably shit anyway. All you need to do is find a point in the books that is interesting, but underdeveloped, and then write around that.
>>
>>389953498
Tv series and books are different
>>
Look we already know there are rumors for a game, no need to keep shilling this every day.

>>389953283
It's very obviously a shill gouging interest for a game already in development trying to get feedback on what the game should focus and what features to include.
>>
File: 1340007276280.jpg (30KB, 222x199px) Image search: [Google]
1340007276280.jpg
30KB, 222x199px
>>389953105
>Rich and deep lore
>>
>this thread again
>>
>>389955360
>tell the shill what we want
>we get what we want instead of some casual bullshit
this is the one time I don't mind shills. but after the game is made and they start marketing, they can fuck right off
>>
It would make a decent total war style game with heavy politics. G.r.r Martin based it on the background of the war and fighting. You need to realize it's more talk and less action. It does not lend itself really to alot of heroic story telling, otherwise your just going to get another shadows of mordor. All flash no substance sensory wank that lost the soul and is making the corpse dance.
>>
>>389955104
On your first point. I haven't played IX but I thought maybe it could work like a mixed levelbased/linear rpg in which you play as several different viewpoint characters. You would alternate between say 3 characters for example, Jaime, Jon and Dany. You could do as you said missions in the riverlands and based on how you do you'll get stats to distribute at the end of the level. Sometimes the next level will be the same character, or you'll switch, sometimes even getting to choose based on what's happening. Perhaps you'll even have to make the decision to go help one of your viewpoint characters yourself and let the other one to it's fate. Say you choose to go save yours friends as Jon. But this will cause you to ultimately loose a large part of Daneryes army across the narrow sea.
>>
>>389955360
You put way to much faith in game devs anon. They're not listening to you, they don't care what you want or even care about you, you're just a sales figure to them like the rest of us. Anyways I just like these books and /v/s a good place to talk about them and discuss a possible game.
>>
>>389955650
>there's a trap thread with nearly 100 replies and this is what people are complaining about
>>
File: 4.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw no Game of Thrones Total War

Why even live?
>>
Wheel of time had a pretty fine FPS.
>>
>>389956391
>tfw can't commit suduko because the winds of winter maybe might be release sometime in the next 15 years
>a dream of spring will be another 15-20 after that

Reasons why everyone hates you GRRM anyone who was a fan of your first book when it came out is going to be fucking dead before you finish your series and you'll be lucky to outlive them.
>>
>>389955710
Except they will only include a shadow of what people ask them aka Fallout 4's """"choices""""

>>389956098
I don't, I never said they were going to implement exactly what people ask them. They will only put in it enough of a thing to your it as a feature but without it being deep enough to marginalize casuals.
>>
>>389956713
>>389955710
People who seriously think anyone but the occasional indie dev comes to /v/ is fucking delusional to how the real world works.
>>
>>389953105
Mods. Crusader Kings is the best game I can think of for GoT, you get have all the intrigue and shit. I've had some pretty ridiculous games, best was when I played the Boltons
>>
>>389953105
>unexplored world
That's part of the problem, how do you make an interesting story about a world so focused on a particular time period when nothing else has been written about or fleshed out
>>
>>389953105
Mount and Blade basically but with some scripted missions, agendas for the different lords and permanent death. Though you can take over your heir.
>>
>>389960368
When you get knocked out you lose some base stats, when health becomes negative baseline, you die, something like that.
>>
>ASOIAF

could you be any more hipster? just call it GoT
>>
>>389953105
Now that I think about it, the worldbuilding really sucks in GoT. You know almost nothing regarding the places or history outside of the immediate time period.
>>
>>389960798
That's probably why the games suck.
>>
>>389960904
Are you talking about the show or the books? The books goes over shit like indigenous peoples and migrations. As well as that some places might be leftover nuclear fallout shelters and the world of ice and fire is a post apocalyptic society that might not even have any magic in it.
>>
>>389960798
Are you retarded? That's what the book series is called. Try reading one sometime you might learn something
>>
>>389961112
What are these nuclear shelters you're talking about I've never heard of this theory
>>
File: 1463232672993.jpg (33KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
1463232672993.jpg
33KB, 500x709px
>>389953581
>i-if you don't like shit games you're a casual!
>>
>>389962195
>>389961112

i want to hear this too
>>
>>389962195
Barrowton, Mole's Town, the tunnels beneath Winterfell are all described in a similar fashion to a bomb shelter. There's so many subterranean societies.

There's also that all the great houses are described in such a way that makes it seem like they couldn't possibly be early medieval engineering from men who couldn't even read or write. Storm's end for example is made of a material that resists storms and siege to the extent that it hasn't been damaged in 8000 years.
>>
>>389963586
is this theory described in detail somewhere, like on the wiki or in a forum post that i can read?
>>
>>389962195
There's a large series of caverns throughout Westeros, and many ancient seats (Winterfell, Storm's End, Casterly Rock) have underground complexes.
This is the broad theory
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCsx_OFEYH6vAkHO0gakDrZ8Kuteu-nUn
>>
>>389963586
>8000 years
Look up the maester conspiracy. Either it's true and there are thousands of years of fabricated history, or GRRM is a shit worldbuilder who thinks that bloodlines can rule for milennia.
>>
>>389963889
Storm's end was built with the help of the Children and various old magics according to legend.

The subterranean stuff is probably there because in a place that needs to survive possibly years long winters, being underground is smart because you can conserve lots of heat.
>>
How is it that the status quo for GoT has always stayed primarily as is for thousands of years? Medieval Europe wasn't nearly this stagnant, even before they got buttfucked by the bubonic plague.
>>
>>389955204
Book lore is still uninspired and midling-tier fantasy.
>lifted european cultures and civilizations from different periods of history and plop them all in a UK-shaped landmass thats been scaled up 10x to make Westeros
>Make another supercontinent beside it that makes no geological sense in which the only areas touched upon through the viewpoint of a character are more lifted Greek and Egyptian cities and a big fucking field
The strength of A Song of Ice and Fire is in the characters and plot, not in the lore. I'd go as far as saying it would be a better story without the fantasy elements, but that might be premature seeing as the last books are yet to be written.

The dragons are shit plot devices in the books though.
>>
>>389964194
There's a lot of weird shit in the backstory like why Storm's End's curtain wall is circular when such architecture wouldn't arrive until the Andals, or why the Children help the First Men despite them breaking the peace and taking the forests anyway.
>>
>>389953689
werent models made by some fan from DA?
>>
>>389965346
>makes no geological sense
what does this mean? genuinely curious
>>
>>389965585
A wizard did it.
>>
I'm glad I stopped watching after season 6 because I just don't give a shit anymore. The show started to decline after season 4 and 5 would be so much better if you cut the snakes out. Daenarys was never good and the only good thing about her is the ability to get great support characters like Strong Belwas, Barristan, and Jorah. Battle of Bastards was the last great scene and after Cersi just nukes everything it goes full retard. Sure Hallnye mentioned Aerys had caches of wildfire under all of King's Landing but they seriously expected anyone to remember that is a wonder.

I liked Feast for Crows because it was all Westeros shit which is far more interesting than dragon cunt.
>>
>>389956841
Kamiya posted here multiple times newfag
>>
>>389953105
Based on the targaryen era where you fuck all your sister wives. And thats what the whole game is about.
>>
>>389966579
>tfw we never got an attractive cersei.
what a shame
>>
File: 4583480271.jpg (188KB, 2000x1117px) Image search: [Google]
4583480271.jpg
188KB, 2000x1117px
>>389965585
The climates make little sense, with Braavos being described in similar terms to Renaissance Venice or Portugal in terms of culture and geography, while it is situated relatively close to the described colder climes of The Vale and The Fingers. This could possibly be explained by ocean currents if it were not for the topography of The Narrow Sea, being too strange and narrow to allow for such massive differences in temperature between the East - Pentos, Braavos and Myr - and the West - The Stormlands, Dragonstone/Maidenpool and The Vale. Moving further east, you have a massive expanse of steppeland surrounded on all sides by desert and mountains. While this isn't explored in as great depth, it makes little sense climate wise.
>>
>>389965949
And then Daenerys was back in all her horror with ADwD.
The return of Davos and Theon softened the blow.
>>
>>389953105
>why
because it's a boring as fuck low fantasy world
>>
File: 12.jpg (88KB, 640x674px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
88KB, 640x674px
>>389966579
This

>tfw you'll never be Aegon
>>
>>389953105
>rich and deep lore
Lol. Go read WoT and then we'll talk about lore.
>>
i don't really think it lends itself to vidya that well.
they could make a war at the wall game, but i can only imagine it being another shadow of mordor
>>
>>389966737
right, of course. never thought about how weird the climate differences were.
>>
>>389953581
this is the only game i have ever regret buying.
those fucking load times
>>
>>389966579
>>389966970
Why is incest ok when Targaryens do but not ok when other houses do?
>>
>>389967295
muh rightful rulers
muh usurpers via conquest are illegitimate
eveh though we conquered westeros
>>
I'd give Obsidian a huge budget and all the time they need. And it would be set thousands of years before ASoFaI.
>>
>>389967295
It never really was but they managed to stymie opposition with dragons long enough that people mostly looked the other way with the weird Valyrians.
>>
>>389967295
everybody was just too afraid to say anything.
>>
>>389953105
I never read the books or watched the series but Age of Empires 2 has pretty cool custom map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaSpLe9fdbw
>>
>>389966970
Remind me please, who of these blondies was DORNed?
>>
>>389967823
Rhaenys, the one in the front.
>captcha
>dickens road
What awaited her
>>
>>389953105
The lore is shallow as fuck bro

After reading The Silmarillion, The World of Ice and Fire is legit ass
>>
>>389953105
>How would you make ASOIAF game

Take Witcher 3 but with a better combat system that better fits more realistic combat that we would see in ASOIAF. Something along the lines of what we wanted from For Honor.

Art direction similar to Witcher 3 as well. The art direction in the tv series fucking sucks, it all so bland and all the colors are muted, and the armor designs range from boring to terrible. Good looking platemail and chainmail with brightly colored tunics and standards look so much better than flat faded grey and brown with muted colors. Same more most of the weapons. Valyrian Steel needs to look unique and not just be a slightly shinier steel.

And I'd set it before the Main books. During the Blackfyre Rebellions or maybe before and During Roberts Rebellion if they really feel the need to keep it tied as close to the show as possible.
>>
>>389956391
There is a mod for medieval two. It's set earlier than a Song of Ice and Fire, but it is nonetheless a GoT mod.
>>
>>389966737
I know this is a cop out answer, but i don't look at Planetos like Earth. It definitely has some mysterious things going on. And "magic" can explain everything else. I'm ok with that. It's one of those compromises to accept a non logical world too Make the setting of the plot a bit more interesting.
>>
>>389965346
Braavos is cold and wet in the books, which lines up perfectly with the weather in the Fingers.
Pentos and KL also have similar climes, I assume you're looking at the show which likes to use warm colourations for everything Essos.
>>
>>389970585
Meant for >>389966737
>>
>>389966737
>>389967176
You know the first place you think people would go to when talking about how wrong the climate is would be the decade long seasons. But of course people never think to take into account that this isn't planet earth that they're on.
>>
>>389961112
Stop shitposting on /v/ and work on your book, Preston.
>>
What happens on the other continents?
>>
>>389953105

Problem is that the lore of ASOIAF is way too tightly woven. There's pretty much a full written history for that world going back like 8,000 years, so if you try to make a game set in Westeros you have the following options:

> Outright contradict the lore to tell an interesting new story
> Write a low-key story with no major players / events from the books or show, with the outcome having no real impact on the overall setting

The Telltale game goes the latter route and does okay for it, but there's a hollow feeling knowing you're not really going to make a difference in the end because it's ultimately Jon and Dany's story.

Another decent option would be to do an elseworlds-style "What if?" story, like if Ned was never killed, but I don't see a developer being brave enough for something radically different.

What we really need is an original game series that invests the sort of effort into its setting and lore to rival works like ASOIAF, but unfortunately the closest we get is shit like Elder Scrolls and Assassin's Creed.
>>
>>389953105
Just play any ASOIAF M&B mod. Just because Ubishit doesn't stick a specific title up your ass doesn't mean you can't find a game or mod about it.
>>
I don't think ASOIAF lends itself to a video game format all that well. Its strength is in the intertwining narratives, which, as other people have brought up ITT, is very hard to make work in a game. It's also not much about the action. It feels like it now that the show is wrapping up and conflict is in the forefront, but the meat of the series is in diplomacy.

And if it were to get a game, the last thing I'd want is a fucking Tellta- oh right.
>>
>>389971587
M&B suffers from having no variety, do the mods fix this?
>>
>>389953105
its crusader kings but in westeros.
>>
>>389970913
>Essos
Renaissance city states, Collapsed antiquity civs, Horsegooks, Neanderthals, China, and Asshai.
>Sothoryos
Jungle and porcupine pygmies.
>>
While I appreciate giving the Mongols their rightful place in history as the world's greatest conquerors, it's worth noting that they didn't just charge mindlessly into their enemies but their victories usually came from outsmarting them as well.
>>
>>389971637

I think that a video game could achieve something resembling ASOIAF's interwoven narratives by employing a design philosophy sort of like Telltale's games, where NPCs react to you based on the actions you've taken, rather than a short list of choices given to you at one particular point in the quest. For example, Skyrim's civil war simply asks, "Do you want to side with the Empire, or the Stormcloaks?" and you choose between the two. What they should be doing is a system which calculates the various things you've done, like how many soldiers of each side you've killed, or how the consequences of your other choices may have benefited them, and use that to decide whether THEY wanna accept YOU.

The problem with a choice-heavy game is sequels. To use Elder Scrolls as an example again; sure, you can shape SKyrim in your ideal image, but what happens in The Elder Scrolls 6 when they want to continue the narrative? They've been dancing around this issue for years, and the best they can come up with is being incredibly vague or just handwaving it with a dragonbreak. It totally robs a setting of the cause-and-effect cycle which forms the whole backbone of works like ASOIAF, where choices made by people who lived and died decades ago are still impacting day-to-day events.
>>
>>389970913
Slavery, mostly
>>
>>389972569
They're a bit earlier than Mongols in kit and warfare.
>>
File: Falling.webm (3MB, 720x412px) Image search: [Google]
Falling.webm
3MB, 720x412px
>>389953857
Lashing reminded me of Gravity Rush.
>>
>>389953105
so many possibilities

RPG like Witcher 3 or Deliverance, campaign RTS like Total War or a hybrid of the two a la Mount & Blade

most importantly though I would not touch the original narrative and instead pick something from the fake histories to work from
>>
File: proudwing.png (294KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
proudwing.png
294KB, 500x486px
>>389955104
>The problem with this is that whether due to Telltale's writers, or the inherent limitations, these new clone characters were shit and unsatisfying.
I think the problem was that they barely tried to make them their own characters. Most were Stark lookalikes, some of which only existed to bro it up with popular HBO cameos. And the run-time of the game didn't have a lot of time to flesh all of them out jumping back and forth between the different stories.

They might have had a better chance if they weren't trying to pander to all of the fan-favorite things from the show, and instead focused on their own unrelated standalone story in Westeros.
>>
>>389953105
>>rich and deep lore with largely unexplored world
*breathes in*
THE MORE SHE DRANK...
>>
>>389974449
>>>/lit/
>>
>>389966737
>it makes little sense climate wise.
It's a world where summer and winter can last an unpredictable number of years, most likely due to magic.
>>
>>389953105
Isn't there a rumor that Bethesda will be making a Elder Scrolls-esque Game of Thrones game?
>>
>>389953105
>generic fantasy
>with emphasis on penis in vagina
basically the witcher
>>
>>389953283
bethesda pre-announcement shilling
spamming "why no good GoT game" and then when they officially announce it they go "OMG FINALLY GoT VIDYA GOTY CONFIRMED"
>>
>>389956841
I think you're the delusional one. Any forum of discussion of a large size is absolutely going to be visited by and commented on by marketers attributed to the topic. Its a free way to test the waters and gauge interest, and if you think a decent marketer would disregard that advantage, you're the one with no idea how this aspect of the world works.
>>
>>389972569
I feel like they're more Hunnic because the Dothraki are depicted as being fucking idiots and unable to deal with walls or engage in sieges and instead just ride around hitting things that don't have walls and demanding tribute.

Hell, if you look at it from the right perspective, Dany is not too far off from Honoria and Drogo died like an idiot shortly after being married. The Hunnic Empire collapsing to the ground shortly after Attilia and his genius wasn't alive to keep it together.

The Mongols were great at sieges and seemingly had no morality about it.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feodosia
>It is believed that the devastating pandemic the Black Death entered Europe for the first time via Kaffa in 1347, through the movements of the Golden Horde. After a protracted siege during which the Mongol army under Janibeg was reportedly withering from the disease, they catapulted the infected corpses over the city walls, infecting the inhabitants, in one of the first cases of biological warfare. Fleeing inhabitants may have carried the disease back to Italy, causing its spread across Europe.

Though, all in all, the Dothraki are dumber than the Huns because despite not having the means to make armor, the Huns would loot and use every single piece of armor they could find because their warrior culture didn't make protecting yourself from death dishonorable or something stupid like that. I actually think that's a huge failing of GRRM in making the Dothraki believable. Warrior cultures like the Vikings were big about dying in combat, but you were supposed to die valiantly against impossible odds having given you all, not dying like a bitch because you were too proud to wear armor.
>>
>>389972569
>>389977409
Also, as an addendum, it triggers the shit out of me that they STANDING IN THE FUCKING SADDLE TO SHOOT ARROWS. Anybody on fucking /v/ could tell you that's wrong considering most people here have played AoE2 and know what a Parthian shot is.
>>
File: 1500163628184.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1500163628184.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
In Bethesda's Westeros
>complete one quest to become a Kingsguard
>complete two quests to become a Faceless Man
>complete four quests to become the Three Eyed Raven
>complete one quest to become Sword of the Morning
>you can be all of these at once and no one objects or even notices
Let's not
>>
>>389963586
>There's also that all the great houses are described in such a way that makes it seem like they couldn't possibly be early medieval engineering from men who couldn't even read or write. Storm's end for example is made of a material that resists storms and siege to the extent that it hasn't been damaged in 8000 years.

it's fucking magic. It's a fantasy show.

these 'theories' are only the products of idiots with severe autism
>>
Reminder that these threads pop up everyday, with the exact same text.

They are started by shills to prep for the upcoming announcement of the Bethesda GoT game.

Don't be an idiot. Bethesda is prepping you to want their game.
>>
>>389979001
Aw I'm happy you think so highly of me anon kun :3 but no if i was getting paid you'd see twice as many threads.
>thinking Bethesda cares about you, a 4chan users opinion
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha seriously though haha retard.
>>
>>389977815
It's not wrong. It was an idea the horse trainer had because it looked flashy. It is not based on any style of fighting. The idea is that the Dothrakki do it to make them look bigger, but at the end of the day it is purely based on one person's neat idea. It has no combat value, and no one who made it thinks it does.
>>
>>389979223
Maybe the angle lets them hit the unshielded second row or something?
>>
>>389978392
It's gotta be more like TW3, i.e. you're not the chosen one. (Yes, I know Geralt is a Mary Sue, but he's no Dragonborn).
>>
>>389979317
Maybe. Regardless, it is still not based on any style from any Ancient horse-based army, so to call it "wrong" is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1504850698582.png (216KB, 645x729px) Image search: [Google]
1504850698582.png
216KB, 645x729px
UNGLBENGN
>>
>>389979431
Maybe it was part of ancient warfare, but it was so effective that everyone who faced it was completely destroyed by it and couldn't tell anyone? If they can lose the secrets of Greek Fire I wouldn't call it impossible.
>>
>>389953105
Because Martin can't write.
>>
>>389953842

Or don't use that shit IP so you have creative freedom and don't have to use the fat man's garbage.
>>
>>389967295
they had dragons
>>
>>389978392
>"Do you get to Valryia often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't."
>>
>>389979520
Losing a formula known certain people is different from losing entire accounts of battles that could be seen by hundreds of thousands of people at a time.
>>
File: nuh....jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nuh....jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
...nahtengz
>>
>build up hundreds of characters to flesh out the universe
>have them all do something retarded in past 2 seasons as an excuse to kill them off
is there a bigger hack than Martin? I thought the whole selling point of the series is how unpredictable it was, yet it's been nothing but audience pandering since S4
>>
>>389980227
But Martin stopped working with the show after S4
>>
>>389980227
Maybe don't be so ignorant. Seasons 4 was the last of the show Martin wrote, it was handed over in full to d&d afterwards.
>>
>>389953857
>Dalinar Kholin
>Not the most shonen-like character in high fantasy literature
Don't get me wrong, I like Kaladin's plot devices as much as the next person but that old man can get you hype from words alone.
Also, funny to think that Sanderson is the polar opposite of G.R.R Martin according to/lit/'s guide to fantasy and sci fi.
>>
>>389980360
>>389980367
and they were working off of the outline Martin gave them
>>
Where is my Mistborn game?
Where is my (new) Wheel of Time game?
>>
>>389953105
I want GoTfags to ask themselves what the game would even be like. You can't just do a retread of Skyrim and call it a day, people will just go play Skyrim
>>
>>389953105
I would go RTS like Age of Empies campaign mode

But I rather have an Action RPG Malazan game
>>
>>389981442
And? It's still the showrunners filling in the details and not GRRM.
>>
>>389965524
Yeah some anon posted links to his site, he did it for fun. (And for his portfolio.)
>>
File: reddit.gif (2MB, 237x240px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.gif
2MB, 237x240px
>>389953105
Books were good until book 4, then the pacing becomes atrocious
Show was good until season 4's first half.
>>
>>389968216
As much as I hate to say it, you're right.
GRRM couldn't even fill out the backstory enough himself and had to get help from other writers to make A history of whatever the fuck it is.
>>
>rich and deep lore

That's odd. I don't recall any tax policies being discussed in any of the writings that GRRM published for ASOIAF.
>>
ROBERT BARATHEON
>>
>>389981485
Red pill me on the Mistborn trilogy. I'm at the very last chapter of Way of kings and loving it, but I heard mistborn is way weaker since it was written before the stormlight archive.
>>
>>389982631
>Red pill me on the Mistborn trilogy.
Do you like anime?
>>
>>389982369
You got your meme backwards anon your suppose to criticise ASOIAF for having tax policies not the other way around. Maybe wait a few threads and try again
>>
>>389953105
already has one
>ck2
>>
>>389982718
The pill is already at my throat, anon. Go on.
>>
File: tumblr_n4shexQiwm1tav7g4o1_1280.png (21KB, 951x357px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4shexQiwm1tav7g4o1_1280.png
21KB, 951x357px
>Rich and deep lore
>>
>>389982752

No, I don't.

GRRM bitches about Tolkien not writing about Aragorn's tax policies, when he himself didn't do anything of the sort for ASOIAF.
>>
>>389983087
money comes from the magic foreign bank, duh
>>
>>389983039
Truly one of the great writers of our time.
>>
>>389983039
"Her cunt became the world"
>>
>>389983849
"fat pink mast"
>>
>>389983849
t. Virgin
>>
>>389983039
>>389983849
>>389984715
Aren't these the kind of things that editors are supposed to stop?
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.