[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate 343i's remake of Master Chief's armor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Halo 4 armor.jpg (1MB, 2080x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Halo 4 armor.jpg
1MB, 2080x1370px
Why do people hate 343i's remake of Master Chief's armor?
>>
I couldn't care less about the armor
Their games are dogshit and they can't even release a working multiplayer.
>>
>>389950751
There's too much going on with it, there's a bunch of shit poking out of it and it looks like a far cry from the minimalist design of CE-3
The Mark V was still the best MJOLNIR armor, prove me wrong pro tip you can't
>>
>>389950751
I like Halo. That is all.
>>
Too many small parts stuck onto an undersuit with the texture of a basketball. Nothing seems like a solid piece like with the old designs.
It's an inherent issue with all of 343's armor and part of the reason why none of them will look good.
>>
Overdesigned garbage made by character designers/3d modellers that are trying to stay in the job, if you make something simple then the company has no reason to keep you around because you're done already - better stretch out that job so you're getting paid enough.
>>
>>389950751
overdesigned
>>
not bulky and clunky looking. He doesn't look like a tank that every last bit of technology has been thrown into
>>
Do you have eyes?
>>
>>389950751
> armor just magically changes while he's in cryosleep
It also looks like bulky over designed shit
>>
Pieces look like theyre flimsily added on, reminds me of a metroid aesthetic, instead of humanity cobbling together their best attempt at a suit designed to fight aliens. If you look at UNSC ships, theyre tanky pieces of rectangular metal, and the MC's armor would somewhat correlate with that aesthetic. At least until 343 took a jab at it. Im looking atthose shoulder pieces specifically
>>
File: M4.jpg (172KB, 769x761px) Image search: [Google]
M4.jpg
172KB, 769x761px
>>389950867
*Cough*
>>
File: _.jpg (145KB, 849x1600px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
145KB, 849x1600px
What really sucks is that there's finally a cheap, mass produced copy of Master Chief's armor for sale and it's the 343i version.

https://www.amazon.com/Disguise-Master-Chief-Prestige-Costume/dp/B01D72WIV6
>>
>>389951846
It's sexy, I especially like the chest piece, but the helmet's shaders don't look as aesthetically pleasing as the sharp ones on the Mark V helmet.
>>
>>389950751
It looks doughy as fuck, and he looks like a fucking manlet. The shoulder area looks WEAK and as >>389951256 said, he looks like a basketball.
>>
>>389950751
You could analyze very specifically every little comparison, but the big picture is that the redesign just does not look good.
>>
File: 1480143791926.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1480143791926.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
>>389950751
Because it looks fucking stupid.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>389951983
Fucking Christ

>Still looks like shit
>Worst MC armor
>250+ bucks
>>
>>389950751
It doesn't make sense giving him a shining new look of armor when he's been fighting for years and got frozen in cryo
>>
>>389950751
Master Chief looks like a turbo manlet wearing a Whitesnake shirt with the sleeves ripped off.

He looks stupid.

Mark V Armor or kys.
>>
>gaylo kiddies realize their series was always shit
>>
>>389952041
Mark V is the pinnacle of Spartan design. Second only to the ODSTs.
>>
>>389952832
Doesn't look that bad in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssg7U6orXhI
>>
>>389953338
t. Butthurt PC mustard race faggot
>>
>>389950751
>let's turn his armour to spartan 4 for no reason hurr durr
>>
>>389950751

I like it. It's not the best, but I prefer it over the "boxy" armor design of the past. I also preferred the shift between 1 and 2.
>>
>>389950751
It's not as good as his Halo 1-3 armors but it's better than the rest of their (343s) armors.
>>
People still play halo? Wait.. People still want to play video games on an Xbox??
>>
>>389957840
PCunts still angry that FPS genre is a pile a shit? Wait.. People still believe that FPS until Half-Life and Counter-Strike released didn't play like a Wolfenstein ripoff??
>>
It, like most of 343i armor, doesn't have enough armor coverage of the undersuit, and for the most part lacks the UNSC's characteristic geometic, "simple" plating.

If they wanted to add more detail and visual noise to the design, then they should have stuck with Halo Reach's visual design, which does so in a good way

>>389951256
Pretty much this. It's actually I'd actually go as far to say that there's more armor concepts in 4 or 5 where I thought "I'd like to use this" Reach or 3, where for them there was only one combination I gravitated towards, but almost all of them are ruined by 343i's general visual design

>>389950835
>he hasn't played H5's MP or forge
>>
>>389959886
343 has some good ideas, but they also have a lot of ideas so they get drowned out.
>>
>>389950751
I don't hate it, i actually think it looks great. What i hate is the fact that they changed it along with all the art design for no reason.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.